Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

24 Faubourg Hermes for women

24 Faubourg Hermes for women
dislike

I have it: 1044 I had it: 412 I want it: 771 My signature: 30

24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures 24 Faubourg Hermes for women Pictures

24 Faubourg: this perfume of light, composed by Maurice Roucel in 1995, is a Hermès signature right down to its bottle – the square glass is gently curved with a sense of movement, like a breeze blowing through silk. 24 Faubourg is an invitation on a journey where the sun is the destination.Top notes of brilliant white flowers, matched by a floral heart, are enveloped in iris,wood and mystery. Vanilla and ambergris lend the tone to its afternote.

Orange Peach Hiacynth Ylang-Ylang Bergamot

Giordani Gold

24 Faubourg Fragrance Reviews

andreea.damian.98
andreea.damian.98

reading the reviews write in here I was so excited that I went with high hopes to try 24 Faubourg. I would have had to noticed the list on the left and I would have realized it's a No5 kind of perfume. didn't had a chance to like it. great words were said here, but for me it's just a suffocating, heavy, ancient perfume.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

24 Faubourg was created in the grand, old tradition of a world where perfume was worn by the nano sized drop, as a discreet enhancement to a woman's essence, rather than the shrieking and fleeting culture of low quality sprays that people wear by the bucket today, traumatizing their noses to the point of numbness and then asking eagerly "I only used 8 sprays and I cannot smell it anymore, should I have used more?"

This one will last until you shower it off, much like its classic ancestors of formerly great houses, so you only need to apply the tiniest quantity to be bathed in its aura.
It is so potent that a drop on your skin while you go about your day will touch everything in its vicinity with a hint of its beauty, a fragrant memory of your presence. That's the way perfume was meant to work from the start, I'll never understand why so many people are so compelled to paint themselves and the rest of the world with perfume.

Used sparingly, 24 Faubourg is a stunning beauty.
It's rich, golden, flavorful, ethereal, breathy, lingering, with a superb balance of warmth, depth and luminescence.

The musk and ambregris give all the other notes the ability to be deep and substantial yet allow them to float around with the lightness of a baby cologne, it's a combination that creates a powerful sillage that will last long after you're gone.

A floral-oriental built on a classic pyramid, it could have fallen prey to the already been done and overdone style of perfumes whose repetitive style have put them in the "meh" category.
But what sets this one apart is the quality of its ingredients and the liberal amount of ambregris used in its creation.
Roucel wasn't shy but he was incredibly skilled in his choice of notes.

Overapplied, 24, Faubourg has the appeal of a rotund, flat footed matron clad in a cheesy, dated outfit and shoes so high and tight she can only stand there and revel in looking as desperate and over the top as she possibly can, complete with the entirely plucked off eyebrows redrawn with pencil and terrifying lipstick job, like Divine Brown on a rampage.

Seriously now.

Worn discreetly, it's a perfume that will create the kind of memories that cannot be let go of, insidiously jabbing a nerve at times when you expect it the least, causing you to long, wonder and yearn for years after the fact.

nero77
nero77

The following review is based purely on memory (and from a male perspective)...

Having tested many fragrances over the last few years, let me just say... I think this is one the best perfumes for women in the world (and that's not something I would say lightly). The way this is put together is really special... and the smell is practically divine! It's strong, soft, warm and feminine all at the same time.

Hermès 24 Faubourg completely knocked me out when I first smelt it and immediately after I bought a small flacon of this for someone very dear to me... she really loved it! I think it's one of the classiest fragrances a woman could wear. I should also mention that the bottle itself is a work of art, with beautiful, rose gold liquid inside. It just announces class and beauty form that alone.

Additionally, I should also mention that this was one of Princess Diana's favourite perfumes whilst she was alive. Which just goes to show it really is a perfume worthy of a royal princess! I think that while it may come across as a little strong and bold, it's also manages to be very balanced and soft at the same time. I find it formal and elegant, but if someone really liked it they could wear it on most other occasions as well.

Overall, 24 Faubourg is a beautifully blended perfume from Hermès and master perfumer Maurice Roucel, I can't really fault it as a creation. This is one to be worn with your best clothes and jewellery. Perfect scent for a classy, confidant, beautiful woman, and perhaps the ultimate wedding day scent in my opinion. Well done Hermès & M. Roucel. Elegance & Perfection!

Cocoagogo
Cocoagogo

Smells of money, silk scarves and luxury. Truly a scent that demands attention and dispels apathy. You love it or hate it.

I loved it, my young daughter...not so much. She thought it smelled like an alley-cat. I returned it, but I was not happy about it.

misslawbore
misslawbore

This perfume is the business - day or night, any occasion. It lasted 48 hours after testing too. A true classic from the Nineties. I wish I had found out about it then.

rosembloom
rosembloom

A fragrance from Avon has been created, following the Faubourg fashion: Extraordinary is the name. How is compares, I am not certain but I do Wonder. This one is timeless and such a class act. I loved it when in my teens and got many compliments. It is a ' smart' and elegant, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine and Peach being proeminently featured. To me, it conjures a blend of fresh leather and white flowers. Glamour...

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

24 Faubourg is my special perfume. The one that I wear on special occasions. Very classy, refined,sophisticated and timeless. The projection and longevity are very good and this perfume is worth every penny that I spent on it. It does not surprise me one bit that this is the perfume of choice for many elegant ladies with lots of money. So glad that I own a 50ml bottle. I will wear this with love.

brt
brt

This is one I've been anxious to try because of all the positive reviews it's gotten and because it was supposed to have been one of Princess Diana's favorites. I got a sample of the EDP and as soon as I sprayed it I recognized it and so did my husband. We live near a metropolitan area and there is an arts center where we occasionally attend the ballet, plays, symphony etc. Well, there are many wealthy patrons who do too. (We are not among them) but they do dress well and 24 Faubourg is one of the accessories that accompanies the jewels. Ah, so that's the lovely scent that breezes about during intermission! In the 80's it was Giorgio so at least times have changed for the better! And I wasn't disappointed at all in the perfume. It was as lovely as has been described and I will enjoy the rest of the decant in all it's glory. So glad I got to try this one!

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

Sorry, this didn't work for me. IMO, it smells like someone wasted a higher quality 'Passion' by Liz Taylor in a dirty, old leather purse, after letting it dry out.

Stays on strong. Scrubbed my wrist 3xs, even used a bleach based spray; its still there!

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

This fragrance is timeless and sophisticated. So chic! I love it and will be wearing only on very special occasions! Long live 24 Faubourg!

ecerusen
ecerusen

elegant and sophisticated but thats all imo. its sharp and masculine beginning was nice and interesting, but then with my skin chemistry it turn robotic, no feeling. i want some sensuality and warmth about a perfume. i mean i want playful notes without being cheap.
anyway,
after 1-2 hours it interesting sharpness went and then only left patchouli and woody notes.now its all gone(even manifesto l'elixir stand still).

nice, cool, and classy. but its not for my age yet(i'm 24)

On me, 24 Faubourg is more about hyacinth than white florals. I do smell the gardenia, but that green/waxy, almost spittle like hyacinth steals the show.
Also a hefty dose of powder. I see there is iris in here, but it doesn't smell like iris to me. Just a general, vintage powdery smell. Not earthy, not sweet, just talcum.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Jedikitty I am so sorry it did not work. This is one love for me, and actually I am having my 3rd bottle going on with 24 Faubourgh. Got One of my Friend also to Love this scent. Its pure Light for me, so easy to live by this scent. Sensitive, sunny, super feminine, and very much beautifull. I think I will never get enough from it. Of course there have been times I have not used it, but always returned, again and again. For me 24 Faubourgh is definitely winter scent. Silverly snow and crispy air with this aroma match perfectly.
24 Faubourgh is One of those scents my heart keeps longing for. How it goes, what Your heart is not missing, You can live without... but if its opposite way, You can not live without. Love from Jaana <3<3<3

jedikitty

Update:
Oh, what a huge difference an unspoiled sample makes!
Thanks to a lovely gift from * drouhin * (TY, TY, TY!!!), I am now changing my previous negative review of 24 to a definitely-positive one.

I've finally experienced what many of you have: a fragrance that is pure elegance, chic, refined, "old money". And the longevity of 24 Faubourg on my wrists exceeded my expectations by about one thousand. It lasted TWO FULL DAYS, with daily showers, moisturizers, hand washing, dish washing, snow shoveling, and about a dozen other activities where any other scent would be ancient history in mere minutes.

Thank you all for your great reviews, and a special THANKS goes out to drouhin for encouragement and converting me back to 24 :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please don't hate me but I am in that tiny minority here who cannot wear this fragrance if their life depended on it.

I received my mini a while back, and tried to sample 24 on my wrist... and nearly threw up.
Having read all your lovely reviews, especially from those posters for whom 24 has not a love from the first sniff, I put it away for several months.

Two days ago, I dug it up and tried it again... and nearly brought up my lunch again :(
The same overpowering blast of something super masculine, dusty and stinky. No matter how hard I try, I cannot even detect the notes listed...

Perhaps my mini was "gone bad" (I bought it on eBay, form a seller I trust), or maybe it's just me and my stupid chemistry. Either way, I could not wear it, and could not even imagine a man wearing it. Yep, it smelled THAT masculine.

I envy all of you who can wear 24 so well...

RozaMoisevna
RozaMoisevna

If there is a perfume that smells like ''old money'' then this is it. In Western Europe it is very popular among upper middle-class citizens, I personally love its scent. So chic, so refined...

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

This is old style orinetal for me. Nice, but EDT doesnt last as long as I expected, EDP seems to be longer lasting.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

24 Faubourg's opening is a sharp, stinky, unpleasant blast of gardenia, accompanied by a cacophony of white florals and a hint of sweetness. It smells overblown and earthy, and is, quite frankly, difficult to handle. BUT... if I wait a few minutes for the juice to develop on my skin, the most amazing transformation occurs. Gardenia steps back a few paces, and the flowers arrange themselves into a sweet, creamy symphony, supported by mildly sweet vanilla amber and a hint of spiciness. The creamy accord of this blissful haze is heavenly. I am not normally a fan of more traditionally floral fragrances, but 24 Faubourg has made me a believer! Exceedingly well blended and incredibly feminine! 24 Faubourg is class, wealth, sophistication, power, and poise in a bottle. This is about as close to instant love as it gets.

Sheks
Sheks

This is a classy fragrance. The first spray of this perfume is very strong and overwhelming. However, it dries down to a soft flowery sweet smell. It's definitely a fragrance for the grown lady who is confident of herself.

Yudum
Yudum

This perfume is very strong. If you want to get noticed then its something to think about. Its not for me though it smells like your in an insence shop with ethnic clothes around. If you like kind of ethnic scenes and want to smell a bit older than you are then you could think of buying it.

Scout
Scout

Given the reviews here, notes listed and my experience with other Hermes florals, I expected this one to be huge and enveloping. It's not. To my nose, the pyramid is concentrated into a space the size of a pinhead. It's all top and then poof! dissipates.
Certainly some work has gone into this.
My impression is that this is a perfume for people who don't normally like perfume.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Very classy scent, very floral, warm and yes orange. It needs a certain age and class to wear this scent, not appropriate for under 50 in my opinion. Not an old lady scent at all, its a chic, classy, refined scent that requires some wrinkles to be worn. I can see this in a cashmere shirt and some pearls. Beautiful scent, more interesting and modern than No5, I hope its still available when I become an older wise lady!

nightcone
nightcone

amazing fragrance! the smell is elegant and sophisticated. love it so much

freddinos
freddinos

I expect my comment to be plummeted to death, but I cannot but add my opinion on 24 Faubourg: Old lady and enjoying it! I cannot see many people who were not exposed to this perfume in their youth (hence having nice memories from it) choosing it for regular use. I blind bought it (as usual) and, even though I didn not hate it, I could never see myself wearing it outside and interacting with people who would smell it on me. I would give the wrong message. What would that be? 'I am a strong, confident, mature woman. I was the epitome of a femme fatale in my youth, when men adored Faubourg 24 on my skin. Now this and my memories is all I have left...' A perfume from a previous time, long gone now. For lovers of nostalgia and other old ladies (not this one lol!)

jesseg
jesseg

it smells like classy women in their silk dresses
it smells like sunset over the pyramids of Egypt
it semlls like warm sand in st. tropez
it smells like creamy gardenia and fresh violets
it semlls like a classic movie
it smellls like money
this is a real perfume to me

aliora
aliora

The huge waxy bouquet of orange blossom in the opening is like crack for me. I've gone through three samples of this and I sniff it almost every day, especially on days when I'm not satisfied with the perfume that I have on.

I adore inhaling this right from the beginning when it's lush and in its full sunny glory. The ambery drydown? Nice, but it doesn't have quite the same effect as the top notes have on me. I get big bundles of white flowers with bees still buzzing on them. This makes Serge Lutens Fleur D'Oranger smell like bathroom air freshner in comparison. The drydown is a mix of amber and sandalwood for me. Yes, there is a classical vibe to this perfume, and yes it's a powerhouse, but it's perfume. It's unapologetic. It's glorious!

Notes: The EDP is by far better than the EDT especially in terms of depth, and that's depth not only in terms of the drydown, but also the floral component as well. EDT might be easier to wear in an office setting, but I find it too simplified for me.

WendyMH
WendyMH

BIG confident brightly-coloured WOW flowers on a creamy background, a little sting of green leafy citrus too. Just love it. Loads of vivaciousness and energy here. I wear it day and night. Yesterday evening I even wore it to a Zumba class. It certainly has a power-through vibe to it. I've made it all sound quite fisty - but it's really an elegant powerhouse. Not to be ignored.

ardentis
ardentis

I do like the smell of this perfume a lot, and I can see myself purchasing it... in about 10 years. To me, it smells a little bit too mature. My mom used to wear this, so I think I just associate the scent with her. For now, it was a nice sample with a good lingering smell, but I personally feel too young to wear it. That's not to say this is an "old lady" perfume by any means! It is a gorgeous scent and doesn't register as "old lady" at all. The reviewer below me described it perfectly: I personally feel like I'm a little girl walking around in my mother's shoes.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Years ago I was given a large bottle of this lovely as a gift from an older gentleman who said that every woman should have a bottle of 24. At that time wearing this perfume I felt like a little girl walking around in my mother's high heels. I gave the bottle away.

Fast forward 10 years later and this is now one of my favorite scents. I can not smell this without thinking back to my first experience. At the time I lived in San Diego and lived close to the beach. This is what this scent is to me.

Sunny warm days spent on the beach...beautiful people everywhere...wealth, elegance, class...money, money, money!!!

A beautiful full bodied perfume that transcends age. I feel it does take a certain woman to wear this scent the way it was meant to be worn. A strong personality, confidence and a look in the eye that says "I am not to be trifled with". Otherwise you may just be a beautiful little girl trying desperately to wear her mother's beautiful shoes.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I thought this fragrance had aldehydes because it smelled extremely dusty and stale to my nose. Since I don't see it on the list of notes, I am flabbergasted why it smells this way to me. I really wanted to like it and I wish it smelled the way other reviewers describing it. I only tested it on a strip, btw
Not for me..so far none of the Hermes scents impressed me

desertrat
desertrat

Wow! Testing a sample. This might be a gardenia I can wear. At first it's reminding me of cleaner version of Boudoir, which I also love. I think if you like Boudoir, even though the notes listed are different, you might also like 24 Faubourg. I'll will update as it develops. Gardenia tends to get too sweet on me so I'm very hopeful so far I can wear this one.

darcy2
darcy2

This is arguably a must have in every collection, and I must have it! I used to own a full bottle of this, and it didn't last long...much has been said about this perfume from an olfactory standpoint; it truly is a masterpiece. The fragrance is so rich that it has a resinous quality that makes me think it would pour out the bottle like honey. That being said, it is not too strong, or too sweet. Perfume has the wonderful ability to create scent associations. They can make me think of a field of flowers on a sunny day, the woods on a rainy one, my grandmother's kitchen, my herb garden. A few perfumes actually put me there. When I first wore this perfume I knew if I bought it would smell great all day every day I wore it. I didn't expect that in addition to that I would feel very wealthy and stylish, almost like some kind of royalty. Very strange stuff. I've never smelled anything else that provoked that response from me. It doesn't just smell rich, it smells wealthy rich, and I cannot put my finger on why.

Edit: I got it! My wonderful husband (aka "the perfume bunny" left it under my pillow...he got me the 100 ml, my last bottle was the 50 ml. Let's see how long this one lasts. I LOVE this stuff!

amariah berechiah
amariah berechiah

This perfume is one best ever made. Considering I have a large amount of perfumes, this perfume does not last on my skin for very long. But the trick is to wear this on your clothes and then it lasts over 24 hours for a eau de toilette perfume which is superb. This complex orange floral fragrance is a MUST for all collectors. This is a truly a unique perfume which is rich, based on a orange and floral fusion which is a smooth and uplifting fragrance of French wealth. It is a mature fragrance representing class and elegance. It is nice to wear on weekends, evenings and to bed. Use sparingly, a little does go a long way on clothes. I can still smell this fragrance on my clothes for over 48 hours and it is still fairly strong. While it may considered expensive, it is definitely worth the money. However, I may be tempted to pay the extra for the largest eau de parfum to receive a stronger complexity.

milkyway
milkyway

Such a beautiful scent! I've also just recently come to liking it (like quite a lot of you)..I guess you have to really sniff a fair amount of fumes in order to finally succumb to the good stuff that's been there all along, but faded next to the fruity florals and gourmands you pick at the very beginning (you know what I mean;)

I am delighted that I have finally discovered the soft, powdery and creamy beauty of Frauburg- white flowers, warm amber and creamy sandalwood...Pure bliss. I will definitely only use it for speacial occasions if get it one day :)

demby
demby

definitivamente único, me gusta mucho desde que diana de gales dijo , que era su fragancia favorita, exótico, romántico y sofisticado.

stormyla
stormyla

This is a fragrance I have tried to wear several times right back from the month when it was introduced. The opening comes across as very harsh to me. As another reviewer stated, particles of this seemed to float in the air, lodge in my throat and it seemed I could taste this substance. This happened more than once to me.

After it dried down, the scent did turn quite syrupy and indeed seemed to grow and grow and suffocate me. Not my finest fragrance experience. Other people quite enjoy this fragrance, so I'll be happy to leave it to them.

yvankraft
yvankraft

This one is eternal... Luxurious, romantic and classy. It has been a great passion for years. The ingredients in it are really high quality:the finest orange blossom and iris root, gardenialike sambac jasmine and honey amber, what a masterpiece! So warm, it seems to embrace and caress you. Paris in a bottle.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I was really excited to try this because i love all of the notes listed, but I think it's the pachouli that killed it for me. When mixed with the citrus it smells kind of synthetic. This also seems like more of a mature fragrance than I usually go for.

naturesbeauty1
naturesbeauty1

This thing kicked me in the nose.....
In a very classy way. I like it.

August 13, 2013
Okay I CAN NOT stop smelling myself... Its is an orange, flowery scent that is truly sophisticated and just plain beautiful.. I have the parfum, full bottle. I am in love with this one. Wow the large bottle of parfum will last forever, as you only need a little bit and it lingers for hours 8+. This is true Quality, Quality, Quality here, you get your moneys worth for sure. Did I Say How Much I Love This.
"NOW THIS IS A PERFUME".

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Luxe dreamy white florals with a hint of sparkling citruses. The amber gives it warmth and patchouli can be smelt vaguely in the background.
I used to think I loathed white florals but no, I loathe cheap synthetic white florals. This is just divine.

On my skin this morphs into a beautiful honey-like chypre with subdued white florals.

Explosive sillage. Go easy with the spritzes.
Excellent longevity.

Old lady? Young lady? Bah! I'm 19 and I wear this.

oldnose

I received an EDT sample yesterday. When I sample a new fragrance, I like to wear it to bed after my shower. When I first applied it, I felt like I had known this fragrance at some point in my life. Then I remembered, "Faberge Woodhue" from the 60s. I just compared the notes and now I know why they are similar. Do any of you old gals agree? 24 Faubourg of course is much more complex, but the basics are the same. Lovely fragrance, I think it will be a great winter fragrance.

batkitty
batkitty

Apologies in advance to those who love this perfume... I tried, I really did....

Impressed with the amount of love heaped on 24 Faubourg, I found a sample of the edp to try. One spray to the wrist, and I sat back to see what happened. While the opening gardenia/orange blossom/iris/powder is lovely, it just kept getting bigger. And bigger. And BIGGER. And soon that opening elegance was lost in a cloud of intensely sweet perfume swamping me and filling the room. 15 minutes in and the whole house smelled like a super-sweet orange powder cloud. I mean, this is the only perfume I’ve worn that I could actually TASTE, it was so penetrating. I think at about 20% power I'd enjoy it, but this stuff put a scare into me and if only one spray did this I'm not sure I'd survive another wearing.

aiobhan
aiobhan

Initial spray: Woodsy and citrusy; none of the warm florals or vanilla/amber notes yet.

Drydown: A sweet, citrusy, almost medicinal smell. Weird. But the vanilla, amber, and sandalwood are beginning to come through.

After a few hours: Citrus, amber, white flowers. Very sweet in a thick, syrupy way.

I feel like this would sit better on someone who has a natural affinity for floral perfumes. My skin prefers warmer, deeper scents, and so this is just sitting very weird on me.

PatriciaC
PatriciaC

Tessure said what i thought about this perfume.I could not take it and tryed to wash it off-no luck with that.I think it was way too much and i do really prefer florals but gosh.

artsyrn
artsyrn

Soft,classy,warm,powdery,understated elegance. Beautiful! I understand why it is so favorably reviewed by and large. This should be experienced by all serious perfumista's! This feels expensive and has an aristocratic quality. Amazing what perfume can do for us, how it can fit our moods and suit our fantasies.

GMK
GMK

Excellent stuff , never loved the jasmine before but it is undoubatedly an awesome stuff...love the bottle too magical perfume which can mesmerize the winds. A Masterpiece in women perfumery

mariana
mariana

24 Faubourg is indeed the best of all nonexclusive Hermés creations. Roucel is a genius. Old ladyish? I don't think so... I'm 23 and I find it a very rich, distinctive and impressive smell... Orangey peach nectar enhanced by a creamy burst of wild white flowers. Lady Di had a marvellous taste! A treasure for connoisseurs, but not really easy to wear, Faubourg is totally red carpet. Don't blind it.

Pooja37
Pooja37

I've taken my own sweet time to review this, simply because I wanted to do justice to this beauty in my collection. To be honest, it took me a while to really get to know and fall in love with this perfume for what it is... a classic, timeless, aristocratic beauty of the first water!

Since you've heard about the wonderous elegance of the floral notes from so many reviewers, I'll skip that and get to my take on 24 Fauborg. To me, this fragrance smells mysteriously like silk scarves in a well maintained closet.

Strangely this is not a subconscious association to Hermes... but a memory of what my mother's wardrobe smelt like when we lived in Europe. As a child, I remember snuggling up and rubbing my cheek against her beautiful collection of silk scarves and silk sarees to inhale a wonderous fragrance. The smell of soft silk layered with this mysteriously faint perfume.

In my tiny head, way back then, this is what registered as classy, elegant and all things grown up. Divinely lady-like. Funnily, I think that just about sums up what I was going to say about 24 Faubourg.

In short - it is an enchanting fragrance whipped up by someone who really did live and probably grew up surrounded by beautiful, classy women and managed to magically bottle the experience.

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

"Royalty off-duty" is what I think of when I smell this one. It is so sophisticated and it might become my favorite over Shalimar as I believe this one is more wearable on a day to day basis. It is so warm but also keeps a bit of distance. People will definitely notice that you're wearing perfume with this one, but it's not a "powerhouse" like some reviews say. It's too elegant and sophisticated to be considered a "powerhouse"; no shoulder pads and strong makeup here. It's so beautiful but yet easy-going. Because of this easy going nature, I see this being worn at a picnic as well as a grand ball. Absolutely love it!

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Everytime I inhale 24 Faubourg,I become ever more besotted for this sweet treat!!! The interplay of fragrant orange, honey and amber is just WOW! to my senses...So warm and comforting... like sipping home made Krupnikas with a splash of Contreau. And then there's the sultry magic of those brazen white flowers infusing their wallop of 100 blooming gardenias and jasmine to this exotic witches' elixir..which melts before your senses into a warm, buttery trail.. Pure
Magic!!

millie1980
millie1980

This is a powerful and sophisticated perfume. It's not old lady, but it's not for young women either. I could see a 40-something executive in expensive tailoring wearing this one. On my skin, it had an almost metallic quality to it. It is dry and heavy.

fraggy25
fraggy25

smell is great but doesnt stay much on my skin

tora.routhier
tora.routhier

Yes, it is so old lady....but it is AWESOME!!!!! I could never wear this out in public, but I can spray it before a solitary walk, or before bed, or when alone reading. I don't quite know why I am reticent to brave this fragrance in public. Perhaps because I am known for edgy, obtuse, weird, or dark fragrances, and this is just so old school. And I don't want to offend by being cloying and suffocating. Anyway, I am for some reason very drawn to this fragrance, as a very personal, feeling beautiful, kind of scent.

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

I finally got a sample sent by a fellow Fragrantican ( thanks, justas!). 24F opens with strong jasmine which borders headache-inducing. The first minutes had me thinking that it suits the older users and may not be a tea of my cup. As the jasmine and gardenia joins in tandem, it reminds me of the heady florals women's scents popular in the 80's. It is not at all a trendy, novelty kind of a scent. As the heady notes tone down their volumes, comes dramatically this creamy, soft and sweet florals which is spell out elegance and sophistication. It somehow brings you back to the past where old grandeur, femininity and the softness of women are celebrated. Rate: 4/5

nellyrlight@aol.com

so different..so classy..you walk a bit higher than usual when you wear this!! it makes you! ha! also loved the longevity..the base notes on my skin..and the great scarf design of the bottle!!

curvealert
curvealert

I like this scent immensely. It's sophisticated, creamy, floral, with bags (and more) of sillage and longevity, which is why I bought it after one sniff.

The only problem is I can never find the appropriate time to wear it. Unless you're a princess or a socialite who goes to the opera or black tie events on a regular basis, you might find that you rarely use this one. I couldn't imagine wearing this perfume to work; it's too powerful.

It's a keeper for the occasional shindig, but since I'm not a character from Dynasty or a member of the Royal Family this bottle is going to last forever!

suzrwin
suzrwin

House Hermes and I are going to have to break up. I've tried five or six of their scents and none seem to work with my skin.

My latest fail is 24 Faubourg. I so wanted to like it based on all the rave reviews, not to mention that pretty bottle! On me, with two drops of EDP, the first two hours are a raging gardenia storm, and while gardenia is lovely in moderation and when tempered with other notes, the gardenia in 24 Faubourg doesn't seem to let anyone else out to play. It reminds me of going to a concert only to find that the lady two rows ahead is assaulting everyone around her with a perfumebomb. Gardenia of this magnitude is wonderful on the young and old, but for us middle-aged mamas, it does a disservice, aging us before our time.

After several hours, the sandalwood and amber are allowed a glint of sunlight, but not soon enough to make me feel like my skin has stopped screaming at passersby, "I'm wearing PERFUME!" It does become rather lovely, but by then, I'm disenchanted and even cringing a bit. Glad I tested this on an "at-home" day so the only being I possibly could offend is the dog.

Sorry, Hermes, all your perfumes (so far) on me become UniScents, with a single note overpowering the others, whether it be leather, or gardenia, or did I mention leather (Eau de Merveille, Caleche Eau Delicate)? I have a few more to try in my sample collection....so maybe we'll eventually have a match after all.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

This is my long over due review of my most beloved fragrance. A few years back-who am I kidding about ten years ago I was surfing the net for a new floral frag and I found some comments about 24. I went to the nearest Sephora and spritzed myself and like I always do went on my merry way back home to let it sink in. It kept haunting me-every time I lifted my hand or moved my hair I could smell this intoxicating waft of warm white flowers which I adore. I went to sleep that night and all I could do is dream about it, the powdery dry down kept waking me from my sleep. The first thing after work that next day I went and purchased that beautiful bottle. And since then It has become my one true love in the fragrance world. It's sophistication and elegance is timeless. I would DIE if Hermes ever discontinued this.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Wow, powerful fragrance. Kick you in the face with my money smell. It's not for the shy timid type. Noooooo, not at all. I have a bottle, and love it, I just haven't found the occasion to wear it. I don't know why I don't grab for it, I just don't. I'm powerful, but not rich, maybe that's why. No mistaking this. Probably the fact that it does remind me of not only powerhouse women, Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth, Ivana Trump, Oprah Winfey. And that woman who sailed up the Nile and captured Mark Anthony with her beauty (and this smell). Strong! You must apply with a very light touch or else you'll have to shower! Seriously! I guess I haven't got anybody that I want to impress that much. If Johnny Depp were around and on the hunt.....I surely wouldn't wear this either, he goes for more nymphish women, who I would think would smell of earth and water and one single lily note. Might be good for that six figure job interview. Give it a try. Don't dismiss it at first encounter. You'll find something in it that will draw you in.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

1995 é a data de nascimento desta obra, mas posso jurar de pés juntos e dedos cruzados que pensei ser de 1935, sei lá... Sabe aquela sensação datada e ancestral em alguns perfumes que nos encantam ou não?! Pois é, 24 Faubourg se apresentou às minhas eminentes narinas desta forma. Juro que fiquei parado, atônito me questionando e não querendo acreditar que ele era apenas de 1995, pela pegada retrô e amadurecida intrínseca nele, sendo bem mais adequada a um período fidalgo da história, num palácio amplo com pessoas que usam roupas pesadas e tomam pouco banho. Seu criador denomina-se Maurice Roucel, um senhor simpático que brinca de fazer perfumes há 40 anos, e diga-se de passagem, que perfumes, pois em seu currículo estão Oro (2004), New Haarlem (2004), Insolence (2006) e flanker’s, Tocade (1994) e por aí vai... a lista é muito grande, e isso não nos interessa no momento. Falar de 24 Faubourg está sendo uma realização, explico, sempre amei a Maison Hermès com as forças da minha alma, acredito que seja a única casa que sonho em ter tudo o que já foi criado por ela e para ela (#oremos), e ter essa obra que tem o nome do primeiro endereço da Faubourg Saint Honoré em Paris está sendo um sonho acordado. Sua abertura é apertada e desandada como nos perfumes datados ao cubo³, você percebe uma Laranja muito madura quase secando com uma tigela cheia de Pêssegos melados em caldas, próximas a um vaso de Jacinto recém-aguado, essa abertura é rápida até à chegada ao coração que nos apresenta o que a fragrância é, um Floral Chiprado, seco, denso e portentoso com bastante Jasmim, Flor de Laranjeira (após o casamento, no outro dia especificamente) e Íris delicada, adiante temos sua base bem mais calma e digna de respeito com Sândalo (em pequena quantidade), Baunilha (pobre de espírito) e Âmbar (acredito que extraído na chuva)... 24 Faubourg deveria ser perfeito se não fosse sua Base, na minha concepção, pelo fato de ser maravilhoso e decidido até quase as últimas horas, porém quando o “pulo do gato” tem que ser dado, ele recua de forma ignóbil e diz que não vai ser o que você pretende que ele seja simplesmente porque ele "não quer" (o triste). Fiquei decepcionado? Não, na perfumaria enxergo isso como super natural, talvez ele seja diferente na pele de outrem e por aí vai... Contudo, se ele ficasse até seu coração, para mim ele seria perfeitamente perfeito, e eu agradeceria seu criador por e-mail. Sua fixação é grande e sua projeção moderada, fazendo-lhe se sentir importante e animoso.

Créditos a minha Amiga Barbarella ♣

MarianaNagi
MarianaNagi

This perfume was my wedding day perfume :) and since then my husband loves it and I wear if every special night we have.
He promised that he will always get me once the one i have runs out ;)
It smells soo feminine and powerful, makes me feel like a queen

Whit
Whit

What a feminine, yet powerhouse of a fragrance! I've been enjoying my sample of this lovey frag so far. I have to be careful of frags with load of white flowers because they can be a little headache inducing at times. Not with this one; the citrus keeps the white flowers from being too overwhelming, and the dry down is warm and inviting. A very elegant perfume that takes me back to another time and era. I had dabbed a little on the top of my hand yesterday afternoon and can still smell it this morning, so the longevity is amazing and a little goes a long way too. Another one I've added to my want list.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Quelques gouttes sur un carré de soie attaché autour du cou.... et c'est parti pour jouer la Parisienne...
Fragrance mythique et pourtant encore jeune sur les étals par rapport à d'autres plus anciens.
Le seul problème c'est son prix !!! Houlala !!!

fragrancelover
fragrancelover

This is so beautiful, but you must use a light hand.

Tovah
Tovah

This is a kick a$$ and take no prisoners fragrance. The literary character Kay Scarpetta in Patricia Cornwell's novels is said to wear this fragrance. This character is a doctor and a lawyer a medical examiner and sometimes a government agent. 24 Faubourg is an orange blossom for when you want to channel Hillary Clinton, Tzipi Livni, and Oprah, all at once. It's elegant, it smells expensive, and its distinctive. One of the Greats.

alicey
alicey

When I first tried 24 Faubourg on a test strip at Sephora, I was completely tossed back by the extravagant flower and powder bouquet. Hence, I am not surprised that 24 is sometimes perceived as an old lady perfume. Certainly, that was my first reaction.

But a few days passed and the memory of 24 Faubourg haunted me, especially since I started looking into feminine and floral fragrances, as opposed to earthy androgynous ones.

When I revisted Sephora, I paid closer attention to 24, and I'm glad that I did. It is now one of my favorite perfumes. Simply sublime.

The warmth of the base that supports the bright white florals is what gives 24 an irresistible intrigue, like a dewy sunkissed afternoon in an enchanted secret garden some place reserved and privileged. The scent possesses a restrained elegance; one that remains cordial but uninviting, graceful yet distant and contains beautiful and subtle notes of orange blossom honey.

nellyrlight@aol.com

beautiful, classy and sophisticated..unlike anything..if you think it'll give you a headache then your skin is not agreeing with it (your body oils) so don't use it! send it to me! lol!

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

First I fell in love with Eau Des Merveilles, then I started to look into Hermes and reading these comments here, and I have just made my first blind perfume purchase: 24 Faubourg. I hope I won't be dissapointed!:)

Update: Perfume arrived, and let me say this: no more blind purchases for me. It smells nothing that I have imagined. It smells like my grandpa after he returns from the barber shop! Smells like oldschool soap... So sad, I really wanted to like this perfume, but now I have to sell it.
First spray and it is super strong! Sadly, all I smell is patchouli...As it dryes down it gets better and not as strong and soapy, but I still don't think I wanna get through that first few hours again. This is a no no for me...

cecfor
cecfor

Awesome, awesome AWESOME drydown. But it takes about 4 hours of rather heavy for the head flowers to get there. I haven't decided yet if it's worth it. When in the initial phase I think I will not buy it. But when it reaches drydown I think I will. Hmmm.

id
id

Nice, strong, memorable. Orange and gardenia is very prominent with an oily hint of jasmine and hiacynth duet. Good longevity and versatile sillage. A smell of elegance and classics. But don't over apply.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

While there are some interesting facets to this fragrance, and I can recognize it's elegance, the orange flower scent is overpowering , and the entire fragrance is a bit too much for everyday use.

Athanasia2702
Athanasia2702

This must be a scent of Versailles in the era of Louis IX.

For exquisite occasions, like visit to a theatre, opera.....

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

I'm a man and I love this fragrance but if over applied it can be a bit abrasive. Although it's quite complex I seem to get lots of Jasmine Sambac and Orange Blossom in the beginning. pbluberry is so right - I get some Ylang Ylang too but the Jasmine Sambac seems to be the key to this one for me. As it softens it gets a honey within a honeycomb sweetness and naturalness as well as some sandalwood gently lifting the florals. I can't put my finger on where I get a hint of warm spiciness - maybe it's vanilla and amber but i can't tell - it's just something warm and very soft - possibly some kind of light musk to compliment the orange blossom. Ladies wear this scent with a light dress and the men (and women) will fawn.

pbluberry
pbluberry

Something about this that smells familiar. Ylang-ylang and hiacynth is very strong. It's very powdery and warm feeling. It's good almost like fragonard soaps. I don't smell any patchouli which is ok by me but I do get some sandalwood and amber. I'm not sure if it's me.... I like the Delicate better, softer and milder for me. They do not smell alike.

alchimia72
alchimia72

Only one word: elegance in a bottle. I adore it.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Oh, the beauty of 24 Faubourg cannot be overstated. This is floating textured white flowers, orange blossoms, woods that beseech you to come closer, but only if you're daring. This is so gorgeous. Curiously as it wears down, the most dominant feature to me is Oakmoss, which on my bottle is clearly listed on the ingredients, but it is not listed in the notes. Without the oakmoss 24 F wouldn't even have a soul.

This is also great quality, 2 to 3 sprays lasts all day with perfect sillage. I love this. This is for the EDP.

nasser8383
nasser8383

i loved it

teilani
teilani

I have not had the best of luck with Hermes scents, however I like this one enough that I keep struggling with it. I am almost better off just spraying this into the air or an article of cloth than onto me, as something in the dry down on my skin isn't quite right and catches at the back of my throat, but if it suits your chemistry, I think you are one supremely lucky soul.

Colleen0430
Colleen0430

Princess Diana's scent!

trishar
trishar

It took me a while to apply after purchase as one of the samples had leaked onto the packaging and all I could smell was my great aunt. Loving white flowers I braved up and tried it on. Better on the skin but heavy - wood and ambergris swallow all of the flowers on me. It would leave its' mark behind wherever it goes as I couldn't even wash it off. Better to have tried and lost than never to have tried at all.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Wow!! Please be nice to me as I have NEVER sampled Hermes scents ever... Since starting to read up on fragrantica, I have realised I like chypres and that I like a bit of a patch note.
This is perfect, this is bliss, my nose is doing a happy dance and so is my skin. Wafting towards me is this beautiful, warm patch/tuberose enigma. I could sleep in it, I could party in it, dang I want to smell it all the time!
Instant perfume love.... Now where is that piggy bank ;-)

Edit. :'-( I cannot wear it, it breaks me out something horrible on my neck. Buhuuuu

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Nice light citrus floral reminiscent of Acqua Di Parma's Colonia if not only a tad more floral and softer.

Easily worn by a man IMO.

The EDP was like having an Eau De Cologne on my skin. I get VERY little anything out of this minus a pleasant odor if I put my nose to the back of my hand.

Otherwise I cannot say that this has any sillage at all. Longevity seems just a little better.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I blind-bought hermes 24 faurboug based on reviews. You think I would have learnt my lesson by now, right? The first time I tried it on, I felt that sulky little frown of an 5year old girl that had just had a lollipop pulled out of her grubby hand. White flowers, white flowers and more white flowers. As a 'disliker' of white flowers, I grumbled to myself at money wasted and put the darn thing up for swap. The second time I tried 24 was in a much different setting. I, for whatever random whim, spritzed on 3 squirts (2 on wrists, one on chest) just before bedtime. Flash forward to 8 hours later, my sleepy little eyes awaken to a beautiful, luxurious smell around me...what is it? oh...it's me! Wow, that's different to before isn't it. Yes the dry-down. The dry down is honeyed luxury, smelling like that famed inside of a hermes bag.. an amber, oakmoss heaven with a slight hint of leather. Based on that second experience, the stuff lasts for a good time, and when you get to the dry-down, it is wrist-sniffing worthy. So...concluding...if you can survive hours upon hours of bland white flowers, the dry-down is worth it. But if you cannot tolerate white flowers, you may just wonder if it's worth it...your call.

aber19
aber19

What a wonderful fragrance has orange, chypre and sweet smelling fragrance. As a avid collector, I adore this perfume. My edt does not last too long about 4hrs. I would love this perfume to last forever. I would buy edp if possible. This is a heavy, mature fragrance which is a masterpiece for any perfume collector. This fragrance is very unique and I like to stand out within a room. A confident woman would wear this to make an positive impression.

mcgood
mcgood

When I wear this I use the body wash, perfumed body cream and the edt. It smells amazing!!!!

Divine Blue
Divine Blue

absolutely adore 24F. it is a cooler weather perfume so save it for then. it is a warm soft luxurious golden cloud of mmmmm - delicious without being sweet or cloying. a modern classic that, on the right skin, will excite those near you.

jedikitty

My lovely mini has arrived and, after testing for one day, I sadly report 24 Faubourg and I will not form a steady relationship.

Having had a decent success with Elixir des Merveilles and Rouge, and a fair one with Amazone, I had high hopes... And, if it wasn't for that darn patchouli, it could have worked but, out of all the notes, patchouli drowned everything else. I did not expect that. I was looking forward to the gardenia, hyacinth and iris but all I got was patchouli.
If you love patchouli, you must try this fragrance.

The scent, out of the bottle, is a very sophisticated one, complicated and heavy, a special occasion scent - not one of those "safe" office scents. I'd picture it on someone at least 30 years old but, hey, if you're 17 and can pull this one off, more power to you as 24 Faubourg is what I call a "power scent".
And, if you're not careful and apply too much, it will OVERpower you and anyone in your vicinity!

The bottle is a work of art.

Sillage - moderate to heavy;
Longevity - 12+ hrs, still here even after a shower.

larali
larali

Sunday at the polo club. Mornings after church. Afternoons on a green lawn, sipping something cold and watching children run....

This is so beautiful. White flower heaven. Perfect, no other words to describe it.

Use sparingly, though!

Soie
Soie

A truly elegant fragrance. I've worn it with casaul daywear and have always felt a bit out of place at those times as this is the type of fragrance which is more appropriate for a night out in formal attire and precious jewels. However, as I don't recall the last time I had a night out such as that, I've mostly kept the flacon untouched in my perfume cabinet.

guest_Vie Cafe

Hear the sound of my heart shattering into a million pieces as 3 people compare this timeless classic to a Beckham's "creation". What? HOW? noooooo. I don't want to believe this.

(I'm crying right now)

emily7
emily7

This is not (for) me - but I love it! How can this be??

Rich, opulent, dense, opaque, mature, elegantly blatant and pretentious... sounds more like my mother! Just joking ;)
And the gardenia (which I don't like, by the way) is done beautifully - without this huge ego-maniac gardenia, this would be just another great, well-balanced, luxurious, ladylike, white floral with just right amount of sweetness.

Fracas' naughty gardenia opponent.
Splendor bottled (EDP).

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

one of few Hermes that I actually like. I got this as a gift from my father for my 18th birthday. I love the bottle design so much and let the Faubourg unused for a year until one day I decide to give a try

Faubourg come as something entirely different from any other my collections. its strong, with great longevity and sillage with a regal character, a blend of floral and amber (yes, I notice quite strong amber in this perfume) with slight fruits hints

think Faubourg like a women between her 30's. her car strolling down across European great cities (Paris, London, Milan, Rome) she knows what exactly what she wants in her life. no more looking for 'the better part'. she achieve it with a charm of the old royalties, such an invigorating charm that captivated into a bottle of Faubourg together with her personality.

I've tried some other Hermes fragrance, and so far nothing come close to Faubourg

finanna
finanna

This is one of the best EdTs I have tried! Lasts for 8+hours, has good sillage and smells so sunny and luscious! The wet, white flowers are similar to those in La Pluie by Miller Harris, but this has more powder, amber and vanilla. Absolutely lovely, makes me smile and think of sunny summer days in a beautiful garden even when I am walking in the pouring autumn rain. The flowers teeter on the edge of being heady, but never get overwhelming. The best thing is, the flowers are still detectable 14 hours after application! The scent only gets lushier and warmer duting the day. Oh bliss!

I had a mini and will go for full size when my wardrobe is a bit emptier. Very curious to try on the other concentrations as they are often described as even lushier. They just might be another form of heaven in a bottle... Easy to understand why this is a classic.

Goodfortune5758
Goodfortune5758

A great classic. Reminds me of what I think Queen Elizabeth should smell like!

guest_Vie Cafe

I am embarrassed to say that I just smelled this at Hermes today for the FIRST TIME ever (in the EdP). It is so beautiful... Ahhhhh. Chypres are awesome. This one deserves its place on the podium of the timeless fragrances. Sorry I cannot talk about the notes more, I had to shower very soon after getting home. Shame!

dnnhts.00@gmail.com
dnnhts.00@gmail.com

I was so looking forward to notes of orange, amber, vanilla, gardenia, etc...
Instead all I got was a rather nasty orange kool-aid with sweet'n'low, too sweet and too bitter and not appealing at all.
I couldn't even give this one a chance to dry down, had to wash off immediately, and took a few tries to get it all. Yuck.

vdxl
vdxl

There are some that say this is unisex, I disagree. It is completely feminine ( the EDP), classy, an orange blossom you don't find everywhere, not in shower gels or macarons, but an orange blossom with a white floral note that feels very rich, smooth, without soapy tones. It is a little mature, but in a sensual way. I would like to smell it nearby a nice woman. A sillage worth to catch.

Warm orange amber fragrance!

I rather like it than don't. But it doesn't seem to me smelling complex enough. Reminds me a little bit Eau des Merveilles by Hermes, too.

Not bad for sure, just not my cup of tea.

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

oh mon dieu! gardenia, sandalwood patchouli and another bunch of white flowers like jasmin and then hyacinth, because overwhelming the senses was once the cool thing to do. add some fruit but make it murky. then some basic vanilla. here we go. f24 is gorgeous and histerically so. it`s so strong it almost reminds me of no. 5 from channel. elegant and rich.
i was surprised when I bought it that it is strongly colored. le juice is almost orange. it means it`s strong then...
it is a late day- night perfume. more recommended for stormy, cold weather. it`s bitter and compelling. mature by deffinition. i can`t imagine a 16 year old with this one.
now I can wear f24 in the cold season and womanity in the summer. great fragrance!

rdickey
rdickey

To me, this is a modern take on classic perfumery and I find it much more appealing and bearable than a lot of the old classics.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i love this. just got a bottle as a gift yesterday and i slept with it, woke up with it and am wearing it to work today. it's strong, elegant, classy...white flowers all the way with a background of smoky sandalwood and tinted with the soft blush of peaches. i love this!

Rose Hip
Rose Hip

classy, beautiful, elegant. One of the best I have had. Wearing it I feel pretty, sophisticated and successful. Goes very well with a white crispy shirt. Reminds me of the best days of my life. I absolutely love it and will always have it in my collection.

akats

I tested the EDP with gold ornaments on the bottle. I suppose it is almost the same with this.

akats

I like it very very much. On my skin, begins as orangy, then turns to warm floral (but I don't find it heavy) and ends ambery and powdery. I could not distinct the heavy tuberose or gardenia. I find all these so well mixed with the other notes, that I could not categorized as a white floral fragrance. It seems to me quite chypre....It is elegant and soft. Creamy and warm comfortable scent. If this smell likes your skin chemistry, then it's marvelous!

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

6/11/2012: 24, Faubourg by Hermes- Firstly, humble thanks to Hermes, whom, upon my request, sent me (4) different (free) 2 ml. perfume samples. THIS is the one I most longed to sample!

Introduced in 1995, became an instant CLASSIC for a reason! Simply gorgeous, huge white floral bouquet, that blooms (evolves) during wear, each stage emerging seamlessly & gloriously, and with incredible sillage & longevity. This is an indulgent luxury, and surely worth every penny- Lasts 24 hours + (!) A great reminder to us perfumista's, to limit our fragrance purchases to only what we love, and to invest in relatively few GREAT frag's! Just a very little of this goes a looong way!

Gorgeous, rich, complex, huge white floral, which makes it clear that the wearer is a class apart- She may or may not afford her rent, but has either been gifted, or invested herself, in this necessary, indulgent luxury! She is beautiful in her attention to olfaction. Hermes 24, Faubourg is ALL GIRL :)

One major precaution- Contains a significant amount of tuberose. So- ie, if you like Robert Piquet's Fracas (near-soliflore tuberose), then you may LOVE 24, Faubourg, as a huge, rich, blended, complex white floral bouquet, with tuberose detectable, among the well-blended notes. Of course the "precaution" is, that if you can't tolerate tuberose (it's notoriously STRONG, even to the point of nauseating/migraine inducing, for a small % of us), then 24, Faubourg may not work for you. On the other hand, if tuberose is overpowering to you as a soliflore, you may love it, very artfully blended (as but one flower in a bouquet), here.

Loved by admirers as one of the all-time greats- 24, Faubourg is a must-try! And perhaps a must-have :)

(Not for me- I admire it's RICH, artful, complex bouquet, plus incredible sillage & longevity- But, am among those whom cannot tolerate detectable amounts of tuberose)... Instead, Hermes Caleche is my new addiction :)

HelenAnn
HelenAnn

I find I cannot wear this - as much as I adore it. Too heavy and rich on the skin - headache quality. I spray it lightly as a room spray .... so sad :(

jae
jae

Before I start, I would like to thank the perfume Gods/Goddesses for blessing me with special skin.

I love Hermès. I have avoided 24 Faubourg like the plague since I fell in love with the house. I had it made up in my mind that this was reserved strictly for women. There couldn't possibly be ANYTHING in this that would make it "unisex" in any way. Nevermind the fact that Kelly Caleche and Eau des Merveilles are perfect on me. I still go back and forth on Claire des Merveilles.

But I pulled off Gelsomino Nobile with ease. I've always loved La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême. I can even do Alien on certain occasions. Why was I so afraid to try 24 Faubourg? Oh, yeah, that's right; I was reading all of these reviews on how feminine this is....

Well.....

I have found yet another reason why Hermès is my favorite... This is absolute perfection. Everything I could have possibly imagined a white floral to be is epitomized by 24 Faubourg. Elegance is the word I think of most when I smell this. Gentleman is the word I associate myself with when I'm wearing this.

I still love Hermès...

Jellybean
Jellybean

One seriously powerful white floral.
Gardenia, jasmine, orange blossom, iris and sandalwood.
Somewhat powdery and creamy too. It is quite strong at the beginning. It slightly softens to clean gardenia/jasmine scent, but it is strong all the way thru. This can be classified mature. It smells white floral vintage on a testing card, but on my skin it gets synthetic and overpowering. Jasmine is one prominent flower in here, similar to Fendi's Palazzo in drydown.
Lasts all day/night.

I'm channelling a bit of Shania Twain while wearing 24 Faubourg because, "Man, I feel like a woman!" This fragrance is one big feminine and honeyed floral on my skin. It doesn't get much prettier than this.

It is quite obvious that this fragrance hasn't been composed by the Hermes regular, Jean Claude Ellena. 24 Faubourg has in fact been blended by the marvellous Maurice Roucel and is devoid of any vegetal undertones. This is a beautiful and classic floral composition that exudes elegance by the plenty.

The florals are so well blended in this composition that it proves rather difficult to name any particular flower. I assume it's the gardenia that gives it a creamy feel and the violet which gives it a hint of green like freshness. A big, juicy and rich orange accord, which is more pulpy than citrusy, compliments the florals perfectly. 24 Faubourg is a classy fragrance, yet one that is also warm weather appropriate, however I personally tend to wear it in Winter too.

Although primarily a white floral, 24 Faubourg doesn't smell like one to me. It's more grounded, spiced up with a touch of amber and vanilla. It goes on very smooth and stays this way throughout its development. Honey and peach feature only in the heart, where it adds a subtle sweetness that I can't help but admire.

24 Faubourg reminds me a little of Burberry Weekend, although the two are not entirely similar. I have enjoyed wearing this fragrance immensely. I know for certain that my sample will be used right up until the last drop.

This charming little fragrance, even with its subtle projection, lasted a good nine hours on my skin. I reach for 24 Faubourg whenever I want to feel like an elegant, full-grown woman. It does the job perfectly.

mzradie
mzradie

Love this...very rich and sensual. Reminds me of a more subtle.Roberto Cavalli EDP.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I bought the EDP, it's lasting power is excellent and the fragrance is warm, soft, very appealing. Creamy is a good word to describe it. It opens gently, florals and bergamot are most noticable to me with just a touch of orange. The heart is composed of such lovely soft floral notes that I can't stop sniffing my wrist. The base notes are rather low-key, I'm not sure I would classify this as a chypre base at all..the drydown is not heavily woody on me but a subtle dry sandalwood is apparant intermixed with soft amber. All stages are luscious! Definate addition to my collection. Pricey but great.

Update: I've worn this many times now, and the quality of the frag is really astounding. The notes blend together in such a flawless fashion, and the longevity is phenomenal (9+ hours). I think it's a true masterpiece. Truly luscious!

Troodos
Troodos

I just sold my bottle on eBay after owning it for years and trying to talk myself into liking it. Silly behaviour! I find it too strong and fusty and a muddled jumble of notes which I find confusing to smell. I really don't understand why it is so revered. I gather princess diana loved it.

neferteria
neferteria

I bought some samples of this on the bay and am enjoying this scent. Classic and classy, refined, "rich", sophisticated, and all the other adjectives appropriately applied to this fragrance are ones I have encountered. This is one I will wear when donning my Hermes scarves and Ferragamo shoes. But also one that would be equally at home with my Ralph Lauren wool tweed jackets and nice jeans. A winner for me! Now off to buy a bottle.

lolipophead
lolipophead

Thank you Stella for your wonderful review! I smelt it in a shop and bought it on impulse, but wondered, after a week or so, if I'd made an expensive mistake. I completeley agree with you about it needing body warmth and time to deploy - I love dipping my nose down into my jumper (!!) and seeing what it's become, but it did take me a while to like it. Great review, well done!

micklynl
micklynl

Truly a lovely scent, accomplished, rich, beautiful... but it just reminds me so much of how my Gran used to smell (wonderful, but not how I want to smell!) Perhaps if I sprayed it on my pillow at night I would fall asleep to sweet dreams about my childhood and my darling grandmother... Can't imagine feeling sexy wearing it, though. Still, a classic.

stella-00
stella-00

It was a blind buy for me, as i always believed that the House of Hermes can create only 'jewels', - by then i owed Aplres La Moussone, ED Mervilles, Elexir, Poivre Samarcande, D'orande V., - so, quite few, - and all of them i loved.

I just could not believe what a 'stinker' 24 Fabourgh turned out to be......I just could not breeze it in. no way. even 1 spray was putting me in coma.... my sister was closing all the doors in the apartment for the 'odour' not reach her nostrils....ha-ha....

But i did not give up.i read numerous reviews on Internet, and i just knew that i don't see or smell something or i do it wrong....

I sprayed on hand and clothes. not. not the correct approach....Did not blend, did not develop. still was sufflocating me.... :-((

Then by the advise of a reviewer here on the Fragrantica ( THANK U!!!!), i started with 2 sprays on just washed and dried hair. It worked well and blended really into very nice and mild flowery wiff....Gradually i added 1 spray in the solar perplexus area.... I did this 'manipulations' only off work, as still i could not face the people wearing THAT!!!!

And eventually, after may me 1 month, I LOVED IT!!! i found myself very happy and 'wrapped up', wearing Fabourgh. And every time when i was reaching for the day fragrance to be in the morning - it was every time Fabourgh....

Love it very-very much. it is my signature fragrance for the past year so far, no matter that my child and mum and other members can not bear it, - i can't be without it. I have a little 'stock' of it- my 3 x 100ml bottles, boxed, and 1 that i use. Absolutely stunning, wonderful and happy fragrance. very elegant and intriguing, demure and sofisticated. If u want - more simple- 'rich', 'money', 'expensive' smell...definitely will make u noticed. I also see the point that some people find it more 'mature' smell ( read it 'old lady'),- just because the majority of perfumes are so linear and 'candy' - type, that Fabourgh would smell 'alien' among them....

I have written all that, as i know that 90% of people, who smell it 1st time, put it aside, with a disgust. NO. 24 fabourgh is a 'real' thing to be treasured.... My experience says that DO NOT put it on clothes, -this perfume is not a linear smell that stays the same whenever u put it, - it is really a multifaceted gem, that needs body warmth to develop, - and it certainly will, enveloping u with extremely soft, cosy, close-to-skin transparent layer....I also find that the best part begins after @ 15- 20 minutes, and this is not a smell that can be 'topped up' at work, as it would need some time to settle. lasts all day, but close to the skin, not much projection. And now i put 6- 8 sprays no problem, to compare to my early 'poor' attempts of 1 spray...

Hope my review will help somebody to discover this undeniably beautiful creation.....and won't let it pass by...

A little add-on:

Once i use this perfume, and it is spread in the air throughout the house, my son (11) says: mum, u again sprayed ur Mozarts'??!!! 1 st time when he said that i was puzzled... then laughed... then, when asked him to explain- he was stuck for the answer a little, but then said, -eh, u have some perfumes that remids me kings, quinns, Bethovens and Mozarts....this is one of them.
So here u go!ha ha.

twinbeauty
twinbeauty

This starts out very nice, I can smell the peach and citrus and then the flowers kick in. It develops and is quite complex for a while, however, in the end it turned to something very powdery which gives this perfume an old lady smell which I found unpleasant. Also, the flower smell sent my daughter into a coughing fit as soon as I put it on. I purchased the tester, but this is not a keeper for me. It may be beautiful if the chemistry is right, but if it is not, the wearer will smell unpleasant and be nauseating.

balzac

*** I am certainly glad that I did not smell this in the 80's or 90's, because it's right here, right now for me still 2012. I got this 3 years ago.

Fifty, 50?? I'm 33 and this is a definite top 3 for me. I do not think I am young, nor do I think I'm old...but then again, I don't think 50 is old either so...

I do not find this to be an office scent, I've read that quite a bit in the reviews here... rather, I find this as a "get off the sofa from watching your favorite reality tv show, get dressed for the evening and go out into the evening and enjoy yourself,"
scent.
If I were to smell this on someone in the office, she would need to be the owner or the boss or at very least, really really really, thinks she is... and you'd better watch her because she's on her way up the ladder. Maybe she may take your position, and if she does...she won't be sorry about it.

10/10***

galbgamary
galbgamary

One spray on the neck is enough, more than that it was too much for me and I had a headache! Less is more that's what think of this perfume! This kinda perfume that will last me for years cuz it is really strong for me though I love the smell!

I like 24 Faubourg (EDP), but probably because I can dump it into the Boucheron/Red Door category. It opens with a bit of spice and a touch of peach. It smells elegant and classic. In the beginning it doesn't totally agree with me. I thought there was civet in the notes because I smell an acrid scent that reminds me of urine. I know that sounds ghastly, but many wonderful perfumes contain (hopefully synthetic) civet. As the perfume dries down, the acridity is tempered by amber, vanilla, and iris, and I enjoy it more and more with every passing moment.

mymlan
mymlan

24 Faubourg EdP is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever smelt. But is it me? I find it very classy and somehow restrained. Almost too perfect.

I thought that the patchouli would shine through the white flowers and make them slightly dirty as in Jardins de Bagatelle EdP, but no. Instead it just makes the gardenia and orange blossom more creamy.

I thought I would smell a distinguished and disturbing top, heart and base but no, it's like a smooth roller coaster, easy to take a ride in.

I almost hoped that there would be something in it that I didn't like, but the thing is that I like everything about it. I just wonder if it might be a little too perfect for me? Anyway, I'm soo going to have it, at least for a while.

zzhan616
zzhan616

I highly doubt if I bought the same perfume as most reviews. but it says Hermes 24 Faubourg EDP......So, I don't know.
For me, it stays as earthy, sandalwood and amber is the dominent scent. A little bitter and spicy, not floral, not fruit, not warm, but very very STRONG and beautiful woody scent...
I didn't even smell the florals at all! Oh maybe for the first 10 minutes, accompanied by the very strong opening which I can hardly bear. Then it's all amber, sandalwood, a little bit vanilla.
I actually tested before I bought the big bottle, I think it's floral last time I smell it. Now it's all wood!
How can a person's chemistry change so much? I totally didn't get it.
I am basically a floral person, but this wood is not very bad, and I hope maybe next time I try it will turned into it's floral scent as most of you described...so I will just keep it.

Thistlegirl
Thistlegirl

I have an aversion to this perfume. A beautiful French friend of mine wears it. She's classy and sophisticated but every time I get near her I cringe. I don't know what it is about this perfume that is so offensive to me. Maybe it's just the way it smells on her and her body chemistry. I'll have to try this perfume on a blotter paper or my skin to see if it smells differently. On my friend it smells outdated and old lady-ish. All I get is musty, powdery flowers. I don't mind powdery fragrances, normally. I wish I knew why I hate this perfume so much.

missymary
missymary

I don't understand why people speak of aldehydes here, thankfully there are none.

This lovely perfume opens with orangey sharp notes but quickly there is a lot of soft gardenia. It's quite light and very close, and it fades away into a pleasant jasmine soapiness. You have to put your wrist right up to your nose to get anything.

If I wanted a classy sophisticated office scent, this would be it.

But I'm a fan of big heavy tuberose,the more sillage the better, so this shy and refined scent is not my thing.

darlingalchemist
darlingalchemist

I tried this today because I have fallen in love with Hermes pefume. Eau de Mervilles and Elixer de Mervilles have done it for me. But I have also tried Voyage, Kelly Caliche and now this. I like all of them. Hermes really has the touch for perfume.

24 is elegant and sophisticated. It can be worn at night. Like other's have said, it reminds me of the scents of the 1980's. Not that this is a bad thing. I can see why Princess Diana loved this perfume. Princess Diana would have been in her 50's now. If she were still alive, I believe that she would still be beautiful and sensual. This perfume is perfect for that well toned, beautiful woman in her 50's.

This scent seems better suited for my mother, who I know will love it. Again, I like it. But EDM and ExDM are the ones for me, the late 30-something woman that I am.

yolanda.butler
yolanda.butler

I managed to get my hands on this in EDP strength. This is the fabled House of Hermes. And this is certainly its flagship parfum. It opens on my skin lush and juicy with bursts of orange blossom, jasmine, and hyacinth. Yet it is long and opulent in amber and this is the defining note that gives this fragrance its signature "noveau riche" personality. Its succulent, heady, warm and alluring all at once. The heart of this scent bursts with bergamot and jasmine. Base notes include amber, sandalwood, patchouli, and vanilla. I applied one spray in the fold of my arm, held my nose close and felt encased in light. Simply stunning.

I had this one years ago and loved it very much. It smelled so elegant and ladylike but also radiant and happy. I bet it was favourite of Lady D as she was both lively and elegant.
I didn't buy it again because most of the time it didn't suit my chemistry and ended up smelling quite crap which is a shame if you wear such and expensive and luxurious scent!
Hermes' perfumes apparently don't like my skin too much. Same effect with gorgeous classic Caleche and Kelly Caleche (rotten hay on my skin).
Only Rouge and a bit Un Jardin Sur Le Nil worked and sometimes Eau de Merveilles.
Anyway I recommend lovers of white florals with woody basenotes to give it a try. If it works with your chemistry it is really a great scent, classy refined for any age.

pupici
pupici

I am disappointed. I wanted to love this so badly.

On me, all this smells like is sandalwood sandalwood sandalwood, like I've rubbed a cheap incense stick all over myself and hung one inside my top for good luck. No images of confidence or elegance are conjured up, as I had hoped and as I experience with many other perfumes. No lovely peach and vanilla notes.

Just crazy incense lady.

evilspin
evilspin

No one has posted i guess they didnt know but this ladies is Princess Diana's Favorite perfume of all time.

Henriette
Henriette

After having loved (and still loving) madly Caleche, after having collected lovely teenager's memories with Amazone, after loving Eau d'Hermés in summer, I just wanted to love this one too. I simply cannot. I find it to be too heavy, on the brim to being vulgar. I agree with those saying that it reminds of scents from the '80es but then they had a meaning, this one just has no meaning at all these days. I gave it more than one try and, no, this one can not be what Hermés use to offer. I am sorry. Both ways, Hermés and me.

An huge symphonic-floral with a spicy aspect and animalic undertones that's magistrally crafted but a bit too "classic" (read "slightly aged"). A strong "perfumery" vibe is clearly remarkable throughout. Powerful, opulent and somehow sophisticated but nowhere close to my personal taste. Sorry.

Rating: 6.5/10

Norgirl
Norgirl

This one is a bit undesided for me still. i like it .. but it is one the edge off being abit to sharp whit the hyasint note and all the white flowers to me , The peach and vanilla lingers in there and makes it a bit softer .
im at the moment trying edt on one arm , this one is a bit sharper , cleaner then edp. a morning flower one a warm day . The edp is a bit darker , abit wrmer , more subtle and a bit animalistic. I actualy prefer the edt.
But still i cant seam to find the time and moment to wear this . It is so classy and bold .. im afraid i cant pull it off ..
I have to bottles off edt and one 10 ml decant off edp so at least the one edt and edp can go for swapp

Lovely , strong ,classy , bold , bright,timeless.

jtd

I knew 24, Faubourg in the edt formulation and always found it interesting but not lovely. It always felt as if it were teetering dangerously on a tightrope. I’ve recently tried the edp and had the eureka! moment. From the orange blossom to the jasmine to the amber to the musks it is far more lavish, calmer, less scattered. And in the edt I never got the touch of moss in the edp’s drydown. In most instances an edt is either thinner or simply less concentrated than an edp. In this case it is more wiry and tightly strung. The edt is distinguished by a shrill brittleness that makes the synthetics seem mis-calibrated. More finely tuned, the edp is simultaneously lush and potent.

Both formulations clearly live on the synthetic side of semi-synthetic and feel exceedingly complex in formula. In the edt, the ingredients pull strongly, but in slightly different directions and 24, Faubourg gives a hair-raising, jittery impression. The edp steers its elements together and flows easily in one direction. With fewer parts tugging it this way and that, 24, Faubourg can be seen for the orange blossom-amber, olympian floriental that it is. Thumbs up for the edp.

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

I desperately want to fall in love with this fragrance, because I'm in love with the bottle and want an excuse to buy it!

However this just isn't for me. For some reason it reminds me of what my mom smelled like back in the 80's. Which isn't a bad thing -- it's just not me.

It is floral and just a little sweet, but there's a sharpness in there too which kills it for me. So if anyone winds up with an empty bottle, just let me know. ;)

jtd

I know 24, Faubourg in the edt formulation and always found it interesting but not lovely. It always felt as if it were teetering dangerously on a tightrope. I’ve recently tried the edp and had the eureka! moment. From the orange blossom to the jasmine to the amber to the musks it is far more lavish, calmer, less scattered. And in the edt I never got the touch of the moss in the edp’s drydown. In most instances an edt is thinner or more spare than an edp. In this case it is more wiry and tightly strung. The edt is distinguished first and foremost by the shrill brittleness that you can find with mis-calibrated synthetics. More finely tuned, the edp is simultaneously lush and potent.

Both formulations clearly live on the synthetic side of semi-synthetic and feel exceedingly complex in formula. In the edt, the ingredients pull strongly, but in slightly different directions and 24, Faubourg gives a hair-raising, jittery impression. The edp steers its elements together and flows easily in one direction. With fewer parts tugging it this way and that, 24, Faubourg can be seen for the orange blossom-amber, Olympian floriental that it is. Thumbs up for the edp.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Very classy, warm , creamy, sweet and elegant , floral .
The first time i test it remind it me of ORGANZA , GIVENCHY....very similar .
A Very nice and feminine fragrance !

Annica
Annica

This I have on my dislike-list but I had always a feeling that the mini I purchased on E-bay was expired when I read all the positive reviews. It smells really bad.
Can´t detect anything that smells fresh flower in this.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

24, Faubourg starts with a sharp spike of white flowers (orange blossom, gardenia, and jasmine are what I primarily get), but unlike the fire hose blast of Elie Saab the florals are restrained despite their loudness. Rather than screech and scream for attention, 24 Faubourg *demands* it. Iris slips in after a 15 minutes or so and softens the blend ever so slightly. Droplets of peach and orange flit to the surface to add just a dab of sweetness. Despite this bit of sweetness and the amber, sandalwood, and vanilla that creep out ever-so-slightly 24 Faubourg is a surprisingly cold and aloof blend, a lady who may like you but if you're not part of the inner circle will keep you at a polite but palpable distance. Spray as little as possible as said lady packs a sillage punch--definitely a cleavage scent IMO.

I believe 24 Faubourg could give No.19 strong competition for best "rich bitch" fragrance. However where No.19 is all austere straight lines and withering glances, 24 Faubourg sashays in with a coat made of some long-extinct creature, handing it off to a person who makes in a year what she spends on a pair of shoes as she flits off to hobnob with the elite of the elite. She feels neither shame nor guilt for her extravagance.

elfremar
elfremar

This perfume has a very strong scent of hyacinth,but I love it.It is long lasting,warm and comforting,and at the same time is fresh and new.

Wega
Wega

Here's what I wrote to myself in my notebook a couple of weeks ago:

"Gorgeous HUGE white floral chypre. Bright, opaque. Like a VERY STRONG Iris Nobile EDT. Lovely lovely lovely. Good for windy walks."

And here's the rest...

This so far is the only perfume that makes me say to myself, "Oh God, oh God, oh God..." I'm sorry for the blasphemy, but this is very special to me. I feel funny even writing reviews sometimes, because scents are SO personal, and my experience WILL NOT be your experience with this fragrance. Sad but true, IMO!

Anyway, I wear this when I'm alone, because it is SO HUGE, and my boyfriend coughs when I wear it. (Bastard... maybe that's a sign I should get rid of him?) It pleases me and me alone. Ha! F-U, world! Not really, I am extremely meek, but this feels like it raises my personal power to GODDESS level.

Anyway, I wear very little, one squirt to a piece of paper, then a dab of that to my neck and wrists. The sillage on this is insidious and omnipresent. I'm talking about revisiting a room 30 minutes later and smelling a particular stage of the drydown.

So on to the technical bits (or at least as technical as I am capable of):
I get, at first a loud, lovely gardenia, orange blossom and jasmine. Then I get a heavy dusty patchouli/orris/amber in addition to the florals ... and sometimes it gets soapy. I don't normally like soapy much, but I love this.

SO BEAUTIFUL to me.

Edited to add: my big dog, Knute, loves this perfume. I think this confirms for me that he is my soulmate, not the human-thingy I share my bed with >;-)
Also, my sample is EDP.

Edited again: I dumped the human after 4 YEARS!!! SO HAPPY I did! Knute and I will live happily ever after.

melia
melia

Smells very very classic and very french. An 'old lady' smell that of course everybody could wear if she wants to. Very floral and sophisticated, but absolutely does not smell like me. I can appreciate it, so I'd love to smell it on somebody else.

TawnyMoon
TawnyMoon

I liked it at first but soon got bored, it didn't seem to have its own character ended up smelling run of the mill, afraid to say I used it as a 'posh' air freshener to use it up.

Klee
Klee

Hate this, reminds of the odious Giorgio of Beverly Hills! Yuck! Too expensive and very 80s!

artsymom
artsymom

To me, this fragrance represents a very strong woman with dignity and class- but maybe she used to be a hippie back in the 60's? It's very complex! Earthy, but in a very formal way- so hard for me to describe this one. I find myself liking it, but it's not something I can wear and feel comfortable as a woman in my 30's. It just feels TOO refined and mature, maybe a little uptight, kind of like... ornate antique furniture, as another person said. Also, hate to make this comparison, but I can't stop thinking it- it reminds me of Clinique's Elixir. Still, I kind of like it... definitely memorable.

Elise1214
Elise1214

I do own 24 Faubourg, and I like it. This fragrance can serve several purposes (i.e. work, casual, evening, etc.); however, regardless if the wearer chooses to wear it for a casual or a conservative event-- the fragrance is pure class in every sense of the word.

I do not wear 24 Faubourg often, but I do wear it and enjoy it.

anona25
anona25

this is really amazing..
a mark of a true lady

eid-althani
eid-althani

A CLASIC ITS I DONT KNOW WHY BUT HERMES PERFU PUTS IN A REALY REALY GOOOOOOD MOOOOOD 24 FAUBOURG IS A VERY CLASSEY PERF I KNOE THAT PEOPLE WELL SAY ITS A LADY PERF BUT I DONT GIVE DAYUM I LUV AND I LIKE TO SPRAY IT WHEN I HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS AND NO ONE NOTICED ITS REALY STUPED PERFUMES DONT HAVE A GENDER OK LETS RETURN TO THE MAIN SUBJECT 24 FABOURJ OPENS WITH A SOFT AND POUDERY YLANG YLANG THATS HAVE TOUCHE OF FRUITEY PEACH THEN AND IN THE MED UR GOING TO CATCHE OTHER FLORALS LIKE JASMINE AND ORANGE BLOSSOME MY FAVOURITE PART IS THE DRY DOWN CUZ I KNOW THAT THE AMBER IS COMING ITS REALY GOOD A VERY CLASSEY PERFU TEN OUT OF TEN 10/10

pippab
pippab

24 Faubourg is pure class and culture in a bottle. I usually lean towards orientals, but this is a delightful, refined and complex floral. I now have a dilemma as to which is my new spring and summer signature perfume - Montana 80 or 24 Faubourg. Suitable for either daytime or evening wear, it's just soOOo perfect. Thank you Hermes, you never disappoint me !!

lupereira
lupereira

Smell of sophistication, luxury and arrogance, practically an insult. One of my favorites.

angel6
angel6

The first impression I had was that I was smelling Passion by Annick Goutal
and I really find it too strong and sharp, I can't wear Passion so I can't wear 24-faubourg either.

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

The first half an hour reminds me of Guerlain L'Instant (which I have smelled before this) and I don't find it that good, but 24, Faubourg does dry down to something nice and more "guerlainy" than the other Roucel's work I just mentioned. I actually didn't find out until after smelling both that they were made by the same perfumer. It is clearly there, though, and after sniffing 24, Faubourg, L'Instant suddenly seems not only imperfect, but pointless.

Fizzy
Fizzy

The chypre is disturbing me. I´m not friend of chypre.

jessyparis
jessyparis

Well, this fragrance is one of the last masterpieces of Hermes's scents. Just a curious last metaphor for the couture and leather house hommage to its own universe.

Hermès has launched successful blends in the past that owned it an extremely distinctive reputation in the perfumery manufacturing field. Calèche, Parfum d'Hermès, Amazone....etc.,... are timeless signatures for sure, this one, released back in 1995 was a coronation of the house's renowned success in this ' risky business' of perfumery that not all fashion or couture houses have succeeded in establishing a name for it. 24 Faubourg, is indeed the old flagship store's address located in Downtown Paris' renowned fashion and luxury brands' neighborhood.

As far as the blend itself is concerned, well, this is a paradoxically non-sophisticated formula, made out of rich still natural essences. The apparent simplicity of the fragrance's blend makes it hard to believe that the juice's notes are intricately creating a deep olfactory harmony between the light white flowers' notes and the deep, ambiguous and dark woody and spicy base notes. At the end of the day you'll surprised to discover a scent that dries down to a jasminous opaque sumptuous and humid Alhambran's kind of garden... In a world a BEAUTIFUL WIND FROM NOWHERE, SO CAPTIVATING, SO UNEXPLAINABLY CLASSY AND MAJESTIC.

As for the packaging, as I said in the outset, it is just a tribute to the house's overall spirit, the shape of a CARRE DE SOIE, a silk scarf full of light, full of majesty made available for the common mortal souls.

eilismaireg

I'm enjoying my sample of this courtesy of lovely Jaspersen! I've reviewed this one before, and have hummmed and haaad about buying a full bottle. Wearing it today confirms it as a definate 'want'! You really have to see past the Hermes image etc and the age you think it's aimed at and enjoy it as an elegant, complex and comforting scent. I'm a real patchouli lover and this indulges it without the 'headshop' element. It has a wonderful opacity like heavy dark red silk, which is just as appropriate for the ballet or for sitting tucked into a cozy pub corner next to the fire. I love it!

DriHonne
DriHonne

Very sofisticated fragrance. Gets powdery in the drydown. I would reccomend this fragrance for women above 35 and to wear in the winter nights only. It has to be applied carefully, otherwise can bother sensitive people nearby. Sillage and staying power are great. Over 24 hours in my skin.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

For some reason I was not expecting this to be floral, maybe because a lot of the other offerings from Hermes are not. 24 F isn’t a soft floriental, it’s a sharp, penetrating, hard-edged, all-out floral with a classic “ambergris”-type base that’s overpowering and “perfumey”, with mega-sillage. A tiny dab on my wrist fills the whole room. The flowers are probably orange blossom and some tropical white flowers, but they’re not able to assert themselves over the base. The whole composition is like a loud cymbal crash.

I don’t often personify perfumes, but this one evokes the image of a conservative woman of a certain age, complete with mink coat, gold designer jewelry, a hairdresser-fresh do, and her husband’s credit cards at the ready in her Hermes bag. Bohemian that I am, I just can’t get past that image to try and appreciate what is probably a well-made perfume.

Having said that, I can imagine that I’d very much like to smell the dregs of this scent on my sweaters, coats (dilapidated black leather, not mink) and scarves for weeks. I think that in trace amounts, it would layer nicely with just about anything else. As a primary fragrance, it’s not for me, but if you like strong, sharp, vintage-type perfumes, it’s surely worth a sniff.

Angel10
Angel10

I like this one a lot; I think it is similar to Boucheron, but not as sweet & girlie. It has better staying power I think.

I am not sure if I love it....I sure do like it very much, thinking its going to be a grow-on-me love thing...very powdery-orangey-ambery....teeters on the edge of dated, but still I want more...

I thought Lady Di wore Cartier's So Pretty...she probably wore more than one perfume hey? I like this one a LOT more than So Pretty BTW...

24 Faubourg smells like White Shoulders quite a lot but with more sex appeal, modernity, with a Boucheron-esque chaser.

UD: the love is growing....

Winter125
Winter125

I love this smell... but every time I wear this, it reminds me of something I really can't remember; I was packing ready to go have some spritz until my mom enters to my room to remind me to hurry she sniff and said "you know dear it is not safe to spray Baygon while you are here. OMG now I remember that smell already... It smelled like Baygon Anti Mosquito Citrus Flavor... :(

stephan
stephan

Big inconvenient of this fragrance: you have to be very elegant to wear it, and only in the winter. So precious! If you like powdery scents, this should be your holy grail!

adrienn99
adrienn99

Beware!
If you are the type of person - like me - whose skin will turn jasmine into detergent/80s male cologne/kerosine, test it before any blind buy. It could get unbearable.

Too bad that i will never have an idea about French elegance/classiness and what Diana smelled like.

angelinadsjp
angelinadsjp

Elegant - classy - sophisticated - and GORGEOUS -
I believe this was Diana, Princess of Wales favourite
fragrance...Memorable - Classic- opulent - luxurious- I adore it.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Yesterday while buying my perfume, I tried this on paper. All I can say that this perfume is gorgeous, classy...opulent!

balzac

My ALL TIME favorite classy perfume. 24 Faubourg defines elegance, glamour, demands attention and gets it without being loud and obnoxious.

One can be unapproachable while wearing this, it speaks clearly to whom and what has walked into a room.
I can see where one can feel the need to dress appropriately while wearing this.

Hands Down...my favorite.

onimoka
onimoka

I got a decant of this perfume from a very generous swapper (thank you dear Jaspersen! ), and I am sooo loving it! I must agree with Happyme2009, it is very articulate & very elegant. However, i can also say, that on me, it is rather warm and soft than cold. It must be a body chemistry. I can see myself wearing this fume during the day and night. It is very appropriate for the office and sophisticated dinner at the restaurant. Also for a girls night out. This is one of the fumes that could cheer me up in a gray day like today for instance :)

A disaster! My husband did not like it on me. I am so sad....

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I really wanted to love this, because the bottle looks gorgeous, and it's a Hermes, which is my favorite house, but after having a chance to sample both edt and edp, thanks to lovely and generous members of this website, sadly I must say this is not a Hermes I want in my collection.
Both edt and edp are very strong, very articulate, very elegant yet cold; I see them fitting a strong woman, career orientated, that cannot let her soft side shine.
White flowers dominate the composition, in the same manner as Goutal's Passion, Freesia d'or, Jardin de bagatelle, Fracas,...and others. I am not saying this is similar to them, just that it evokes the same feeling : power and being in control, confidence. If you like any of those,you would probably adore this one because it is the best of the kind. As for me, I am too much of an emotional creature to even fake, or try portraying the illusion of that kind of lady.

LaPetite
LaPetite

The first slogan of this scent was very pretty , translated from French it was something lke " The secret land where every woman is a sun" .
And actually , it is a very sunny, warm perfume , quite sophisticated (like many "Hermès" scents), you can't think wearing it with a sport suit , keep it for the special occasions , you can wear it at job if it involves wearing a suit and if you'e the boss, because it's quite strong.Well, that's not my case, but i love it so much that i want it anyway !

oona noir
oona noir

"Like a breeze blowing through silk". Erm, not so much.

First, the good: 24 Faubourg is rich, beautiful and sophisticated. It exudes good taste.
The bad: This wears like a lead weight on me. A lead weight made out of gardenia... There's a certain stolidness to the scent. I imagine if you had to sit in a cubicle all day, 24 Faubourg might be a good accompaniment. Somehow it wears like an executive secretary who knows how to throw her weight around to get things done.

LADYELLE
LADYELLE

This will be a classic because it is a great fragrance for the spring/summer day time wear

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

This feels more vintage than 1995.

Chypre right on opening. An abundance of ylang-ylang and bushels of peach without the inherent tang--I can almost feel the soft fuzz.

Then the appearance of refined wood, I imagined rosewood at first. Gently sweet with a clean opulence. I'm reminded of a golden oval-shaped bar of Pears soap and the innocent appeal of the vintage marketing.

An urbane sillage--amber with a genteel glow.

For me? No. But perfect for a Botticelli angel.

Lady Love
Lady Love

A more refined version of Anais Anais?

I smells a lot of similarities Between this fragrances.

Anyway Faubourg It's utterly feminine, luxurious, intense and the staying power is excellent.

Very interesting, but it's not for me.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Bought out of curiosity as gardenia is one of my deeply beloved notes. When I realized what the olfactive group of Faubourg 24 was, I immediately started to regret I bothered to spend money. Chypre Floral is my 'I can't stand' olfactive group.
Faubourg 24, however, must be exception to the rule :-) !!!

Using jargon, it smells like a million bucks :-)
Very expensive, rich, elegant. Faubourg 24 brings me the association of a young, classy, long haired woman wearing deep red lipstick, her cheeks bring a hint of blush to her porcelain skin, she wears high heel tightly fitted boots, cashemere coat with a fur collar...she walks through the hallway in the Empire State Building with confidence...she glides her fingers down her hair every now and then and grabs everyone's attention as she walks down the hall with grace...Faubourg 24 is a true masterpiece, it is chic, it is classy, totally unforgettable fragrance...
And my advice? Don't be put off to try it even if Chypre Floral category tells you to stay clear!
The fragrance has a great lasting power and sillage (I have an EDP version) and I wear it only if I want to get a feel of the classiest woman in the world...
May be suitable to office if applied sparringly. I would only refrain from wearing it during hot summer days :-)

Galya
Galya

La nuova versione è una fregatura pazzesca,edp. non lo sento assolutamente per niente,6 anni fa erA UN'ALTRA FRAGRANZA! Basta distruggere aromi! L'ambra praticamente é sparita,prima l'odore durava ore e ore e adesso? Nulla! fiori pure sono diventati ridotissimi,o mio dio,che succede ? ((((

Bebe70
Bebe70

A perfume of good taste. Elegant, sophisticated, it smells more expensive than it really is!

valarian
valarian

Well what can I say! Having just impulsively bought this EDP for nearly a ton, without ever having tried it, I sprayed expectantly onto my neck and wrists and wasn't disappointed. I knew I had a pretty good chance of liking it due to this perfume rating highly among the middle to top end perfumes. It certainly sits well with me! Basically all the boxes were ticked for me already, regarding quality, style and type but as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the all important question still remained upon first sniff, would it be love or hate!? For me it was love and I add respect. I won't mess with this one! I tried wearing it dressed down and it just felt wrong! I also put too much on the first time and won't be making that mistake again! In my opinion this is not a perfume to wear if you prefer to blend into the crowd. This is for a confident, mature lady with balls. I found it to be strong and heady, an all or nothing type of perfume. Only, in my opinion for a confident, mature women who knows what she likes. I would be surprised if a young person felt comfortable wearing this, a bit like putting on mother's shoes! This will definitely be a coveted perfume used when I want to make an entrance! Thank you Hermes I can't afford your lovely handbags but to own your beautiful perfume is an honour!

Sissi
Sissi

An elegance of golden splendor; 24 Faubourg is an modern reincarnation of
L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain Fresh green
notes opens crisp and bright in a few
minutes dries to a sweet note of peach
and airy Hyacinth ylang ylang dries with an velvety texture that ends the top note, Delicate white petals of gardenia
opens the middle note with an buttery
scent Jasmine with it's green herbal
earthy feel Iris adds to the mournful
spell of Faubourg.

The basenote dries to an powdery touch
of Sandalwood Amber warms the senses
and ends with the eluvsive scent of
patchouli. 24 Faubourg conjours for me
a Autumn evening glows with an amber
sunset with an feeling of wistful yearning as you walk though the tree lined street smelling the aroma of golden leaves caresses your senses
and the beauty of the colors gives you
a sense of nostalgia 24 Faubourg is a
rarity in perfumery it's not rushed though the fragrant markets it's a well
crafted beauty that took their time
with every note and how that note works
on that consumer it's a perfume with an
old soul and a autocratic aura that i find Positive.

merilu59
merilu59

Non c'è altra parola possibile per descrivere questa fragranza che è assolutamente
ADORABILE.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

I prefer 24 FAUBOURG to many popular modern scents because it is Pure CLASS. This fragrance is also wonderfully Subtle and Sophisticated.A Distinctive and Alluring blend that is the image of a Demure Lady. Classy,Rich,Special,Warm,Glamorous,Chic,Masterpiece, Floral, Aristocratic and 100% French Style.

A very original composition as fresh green scent mixing with Gardenia and Jasmine and a Warm Rich base of Patchouly,Vanilla and Amber However Jasmine is the most prominent Floral notes for me but there is also patchouli Dominant in the base notes as This is a blend that speaks clearly of Timeless Elegance and Exquisite Femininity.

This one is Seemly for Every SPECIAL Moments in AUTUMN,WINTER.It is not for Young Generation definitely for a queen and a self confident Character.Surely You get so Many compliments when you wear it. There is no other word possible to describe this fragrance it is utterly LOVELY.

Sillage?Great.

Longevity?Phenomenal.

Thank You HERMES.

kelleysmall
kelleysmall

@ Melancholy Child ... I had read that Diorissimo was Diana's favourite. Nonetheless, I found this perfume far too much, along the lines of White Diamonds, which I can't stand, sorry; it's just too much of a floral rush. It is a quality floral but not for me in the least :)

elusivek
elusivek

This opens as very bright (bergamot), tart/juicy (orange & peach). I get a little bit of a spice note (I think it may actually from how the sandalwood and patchouli are blended), some sweetness but not overpoweringly sweet then the extremely strong bright white florals - jasmine, ylang ylang and orange blossom but it is the jasmine that really stands out.

The tartness/citrus and slight spice note fade and between the cloying jasmine and the ethereal orange blossom, it remains startlingly bright but as time goes on, the sandalwood/patchouli mix and some powder, gain strength and help to ease the intense floral.

It's got an elegant side to it but imo I wouldn't consider it an "old money" scent for the first two hours, as the floral is rather loud. After that point it definitely does smell refined/elegant/expensive. I do agree that it is aimed towards the 30+ crowd, leaning more towards the 40+. I would also consider this more of a spring scent opposed to fall/winter because of those dominant white florals.

babsyfish
babsyfish

I could not agree with hollycat more. 24 is liquefied elegance, and even though I find it very appealing, I don't know if I can pull it off, even in business attire. It really does smell like old money.

sofiii
sofiii

24 Faubourg is indeed what a classic perfume smells like in my opinion.

It starts more like an Classic Aldehyed (Chanel No5 Parfum, Vicky Tiel Venue), with a nice refreshing touch of bergmont.

Soon it gets bolder, warmer and really classy. I can smell the well-blend white flowers and warm background, it makes me think of opera, golden glittered Venice masks, and golden renaissance ballroom. At this stage, I find 24 Faubourg is more like and oriental floral rather than a chypre.

The drydown is really nice and close to skin. It's a little woody nutty with a slight creamy hint, which is to die for. It's like what the nutty Dior Hypnotic Pioson should smell like.

Worth trying!

J'taime Guerlain
J'taime Guerlain

I'm quite often inspired to try perfumes if they are mentioned in books I'm reading and this is one of them. Some years ago I read 'Royal Duty' by Paul Burrell and in the book he wrote how Diana, Princess of Wales wore this fragrance. Being interested in the late princess I resolved to try her fragrance.
I had to buy it 'blind' as there were no testers available and although at first it wasn't a hit with me I grew to adore it.

It's interesting how many of the reviewers have mentioned how this fragrance suits a classy, polished lady, in her high heels and pearls, possibly with a Chanel 2.54 bag swinging from her shoulder, as this is pure Diana.

But about the fragrance: on my skin the orange sparkles! It rises above the florals yet there is also something bitter in there - the elder maybe? The florals are powdery and I definitely smell the woods but not the vanilla, I get a hint of lime but overall a warm muskiness that seems to envelope the whole experience into something very reassuring - never cold.

I enjoy this fragrance but it has to come out at a certain time of the year, which for me is Autumn. It's a snuggling up fragrance, worn with chunky roll-neck jumpers (the UK kind - not the American dresses of the same name). It's corduroy jackets, pashmina scarves, long skirts and long boots walking through crisp earth toned leaves with the sun in the sky. If the wearer enjoys this scent, it cannot help but make them feel special and lady-like (my DH loves it too and leans in for a nuzzle).
This is a scent that lingers long after you've worn it, on your clothes, scarves and in your hair. Paul Burrell found comfort in it and I can totally understand why.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Wear only when:
1) you want to feel classy and chic
2) you want everyone asking what you are wearing
3)you want men (and/or women) turn their heads after you

This fragrance instantly bring me in a confident mood and I feel irresistible wearing it.... BRAVO!!! Warning - use with light hand, specially in warm weather

hollycat
hollycat

I find this to be a predominatly jasmine scent. At first application I smell aldehydes, although I dont think they are a part of this composition. Eventually the aldehydes fade and I get a rich intoxicating jasmine scent that sparkles. Its so elegant, this scent, so much so that I dont think it suits my jeans and t-shirt style. This perfume reminds me rich women, decked in pearls, with fir coats and fat diamond rings. It uber sophisticated. I just cant pull it off.

zsazsa
zsazsa

The reviews on this site made me very curious about this fragrance so I went and had it tested yesterday. Whaow!I was immediately blown away! What a sophisticated and complex fragrance. A little sweet, a little ambery, constantly changing and giving wafts of different fragrances that tickle my senses. I find it old-fashioned in a good way, but not out-dated. But hey, I am an old-fashioned type of girl. I have a new favorite and 24 Faubourg is now in my top 5!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

There is no question that this is one elegant composition, very classic and gentle. Quite beautiful really. And that is quite an accomplishment for a chypre, which in general tend to leave me cold. Maurice is still unsurpassed in my heart but he is really making me work for it here.

Bitter, earthy, cold top notes take me by suprise but I quickly recover & enjoy thier ferocity.

The heart is a completely different perfume being incredibly powdery & soft, almost chokingly so at one stage. Still earthy but more uplifted.

The gardenia sitting up top here is making me feel a little queasy as faux gardenia tends to do in perfumes. Blowing on the perfume spot seems to bring out other less prominent notes, blending that ghastly gardenia into an intoxicating garden full of other more enticing white flowers. Phew!

This is a perfume of so many hidden layers and it has an intriguing deep soul. I think 24 is more of an event than just a fragrance and I am not in the right frame of mind right now. I will come back & re-visit him when I am feeling less impatient.

nickflick
nickflick

I bought this in my 20's and went through 2 bottles of the stuff. I am 36 now and it would suit me better at this age but I am well and truly sick of it now. If you haven't tried this please do because it is the most elegant chypre floral I have ever tried. I do love it but I like to try new things all the time as you can see by my profile.

Maki
Maki

This one need not adjust to my mood, my mood always adjusts to 24 Faubourg..
No matter what season, no matter what time of the day (or night), whenever I spray it on me I slip into the mood that suits the fragrance...: sunny, classy, few pounds lighter than I actualy am (ahem) and it even straightens my back..(-:...
Wonderfull fragrance, like a breeze of melancholy flashbacks that do'nt keep you from looking ahead though!
Love it!

B_ildikoo
B_ildikoo

I sampled it yesterday, after reading a lot of reviews, and narrowing my choices to 4 perfumes I thought I might like. But 24 Faubourg was a dissapointment. It smelled like grandpa's cologne to me. I had about 10 minutes of patience to wait for any developments, but it remained the same.

However reading lots of reviews, and narrowing choices before going to the perfume shop proved to be a great idea. Out of the 4 perfumes I chose to sample 21F was the only one I didn't like. I had a hard time choosing between the other 3.

lindamelton
lindamelton

I love this for evening. I recall smelling it on a woman at Ciprianis in Soho in NYC and recognizing it instantly. It's too intense for daytime wear, but magnificent at night. Makes me swoon!

njdeb
njdeb

This is an upper east side, summer in the Hamptons kind of scent. I think this is distinct and recognizable, a kind of signature scent type perfume for a ladylike woman. Very floral and almost too sweet for me. A bit of clean soapiness too, which I usually don't like but is well incorporated here. The dominant florals are two of my very favorites – jasmine and orange blossom, although I really get more orange blossom. For me, this needs to be worn with care. In small dosages – beautiful, in large doses could be nausea producing

this was lady dy favourite perfume and i know why.. its a perfect floral, opulent, sophisticaded perfume.... incredible long lasting, so unique, for me the perfect floral......

kittymoon
kittymoon

This is overly extravagant, ladylike, posh and almost strict. Smells like fruity wine or cognac, served on an antique golden tray in a crystal decanter in the library of a castle. Very French, very opulent, very Louis XIV. Orange is definitely the right colour for the packaging, this scent kind of glows from inside.

Not that I would like it very much. It just doesn't suit me.

I nearly bought a big bottle of Hermes 24 FAUBOURG once, but in a rare moment of retail restraint, I refrained, under the entirely erroneous assumption that this was a floral aldehyde along the lines of FIRST, which I still had in ample supply.

How wrong I was! 24 FAUBOURG is a fantastic, unique, big white flowery chypre that opens with a short burst of aldehydes--or so it seems--and dries down to a lasting, endearing, and luscious layer of ambery patchouli. There *is* an awful lot going on here, but I like all of it! Lush white florals, rich abiding patchouli...this is a complex creation, each stage of which I find compelling.

The staying power is truly impressive and the sillage of this rich composition is pretty serious as well--attention: this edp elixir is as strong as perfume!

24 FAUBOURG is a big "yes" for patchouli and white floral lovers. Apply sparingly and luxuriate in its true perfumosity!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I have a mini of this one thank god because I didn't like it at all. It was too strong, old fashioned and it gave me a headache. I feel like a lot is going on with this fragrance. I have smelled it on others and had the same reaction way too strong!

eilismaireg

I've had to wipe my whole previous review as I think I must have tested a dud bottle of this lovely scent. Spicy Boucheron, anyone? I love these kind of rich, old style french scents and this is one of the best I've tried. It is almost a melee of every perfume I've ever liked all in one - the elegance of Coco, the spice of Opium, the richness of Boucheron. Only trouble is, I think it's my aunty Marys signature scent (its definately recognisable!)and feels so familiar to me that I don't know if I would be comfortable wearing it!

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

SIMPLY GORGEOUS!

My husband and I were at a dressy work function, when he noticed this fragrance on another woman. He asked her what it was and, the next week, I was given a bottle. It was a bit of a risk -- no two women wear a scent the same way.

This is one of those going-out-on-the-town-little-black-dress scents. Very mature (without being old lady-ish). Very sexy (without being skanky). It smells expensive (and it is).

Unlike more popular scents, 24 Faubourg is a gorgeous scent that is unique and not instantly recognizable by most people. Lots of compliments!

Go lightly: it's strong at first spray!

Vixie
Vixie

I absolutely love the richness of this fragrance, the multi-tonal chords when I sniff the bottle. I have been so drawn to it, and once every year or so I cannot resist and make the terrible mistake of putting it on my skin. IThere it has met inevitably and consistently with utter, choking failure, and I end up by washing vigorously and putting the bottle away as quickly as possible, vowing never to do that again...

update Aug 2010: could not help myself and tried it on at a department store. It was just as elegant as I remembered, and lasted a long time. I must have bought a bad batch - in New Zealand - before!

krishka
krishka

The scent is powerfull and strong, kinda masculline on me...gave the bottle to my mom but she didn't like it either....it is very oldfashioned ....bit of a grandma collection...friend of mine used to use it too and it was horrible on her too..

I used to love this fragrance but in time I got a little sick of it, because it's not an easy to wear one and there are days when it smells crap on my skin.
It is mainly about white flowers in the typical grand manner of white florals with gardenia and jasmine. Ambery vanillic drydown is also very evident and thanksgod patchouli is not!
It is complex, a little wild and untamed, extremely feminine, bold but elegant and it reminds me of white thick petals kissed by the sun. For some reasons I think that this one will smell pleasant to women around their 50s, but it's not a man magnet. Most men around me think it's too ladylike to be "sexy" in the way "sexy" is meant nowadays. For me it's a scent of happiness and power. The bottle is just so beautiful! The sunny orange colour perfectly fits the perfume. EdP is better than EdT.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A gift that I find very hard to wear.

I struggle to feel comfortable wearing many chypre-florals, & 24F does not make it easy for any wearer...she demands high standards & makes you feel guilty for wearing her with battered jeans & a vest top. Maybe I will never be able to wear her regularly, or find a love for her, but I found it suprisingly easy to appreciate her beauty.

To me, this is very French & very elegant. If the perfume wasn't mixed so beautifully it could be suffocating, loud & brash. Instead it is rich, demanding & reminiscent of a by-gone era of real glamour & sophistication.

The sharp "greeness" at the start is thankfully shortlived & there is an old-fashioned slightly bitter powder & fog enveloping this scent - old powder compacts discovered in antique dressing table drawers. Once settled, the flowers are thick, heady, powerful & dripping with honey. The jasmine/patchouli/vanilla give good depth & integrity to the scent - it feels expensive & opulent, worthy of the opera or a meal at The Ivy.

Despite being called a chypre-floral it winds its way through far warmer territories, becoming a powdery, treacley floral-amber at the end. There is prominant sillage & good lasting power to this traditional, timeless scent.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is a patchouli I might like! Reminds me of reading Colette-it gives me an extravagant feeling of being that only a deep winter fragrance could bring me. All of the dry wood is is wetted with nectar, and all of the snow is illuminated with the last rays of the day.

But my complaint is that when wearing this, I could be expected to accurately emulate the elegant, refined, experienced woman who has more years than I do, whom this fragrance really embodies. I may look and/or act like I'm 5-10 years older every so often, but I don't want to be a bad actress.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

Fabulous creation!
Really representing Hermès!

melo_dramatiko
melo_dramatiko

i just love it.when i finish it,i always buy another,so elegant,so feminine,long lasting happy ever.it's a classic one,perfect for me and i advice every women to wear it.it's for the real women who like good life,good music,beautiful clothes.made in france.day or night doesn't matter...

Mals86
Mals86

If I had needed clarification that chypres* are not my thing, 24, Faubourg confirmed it for me. It's beautifully composed, smooth and very elegant, and I feel like I'm wearing someone else's clothes when I wear it.

The bottle is distinctive and very lovely; I particularly like the Limited Editions.

*Excepting ROSE chypres like Ungaro Diva or L'Arte di Gucci, where the focus is on the rose and the chypre serves as a background for it. But that's just my taste, I suppose.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is a very formal scent to be worn with pearls and your best fur (fake, of course). Classicly reserved, prim and proper. Could be a daytime scent for the professional woman who wants to be taken seriously.

Meilli
Meilli

This is my favorite since I found it in Paris in 1998. It makes me feel better when I feel ill. I wear it to bed to feel special. I have been stopped by women and men to find out what I am wearing.This Perfume loves me.

rednose
rednose

I was excited about testing this...It didn't work out :(. It was too rigid for me, it lacked free flow and movement. made me think of the stereotypical librarian. I'm sorry, :( I really wanted to love you.

Kittycat
Kittycat

It was my signature scent. Feminine, luxury, strong-smelling.

Malegria
Malegria

Finally - a Hermes that loves me back!

It starts unexpectedly green, almost sharp, herbal, bitter (reminded me of smth in Creation by Ted Lapidus) - but then the magic begins.Ylang ylang, gardenia and I can even detect an elder blossom.It is from the great family of amazing stinkers - Gio, Mahora and others - and you have to love heavy florals to pull this off.
An adorable bottle, too...

guest_kloklo
guest_kloklo

My first perfume was the all time classics rive gauche and paris but growing up I wanted my own "signature". I had to smell at least 40 perfumes along with the assistant to exclaim "THATS IT!"

Its rich, alluring and above all has style. Even though it's a blasphemy to wear it with casual clothes that's what I'm doing for the past 3 years.

This perfume is a keeper... something like The One. When you smell it for the first time you know there is no turning back... I fell in love with this one and I highly recommended it to every real lady out there.

juliamarchwicka
juliamarchwicka

by looking at the ingredients, i should love this, but somehow irather dislike it. when a friend of mine sprayed it on me i got sick, maybe that was just a coincinence, but i still have an aversion.

thegirlsapearl
thegirlsapearl

this is warm, rich, sensual - quite sweet too. It's something I'd wear when wrapped in winter woolies - the warm scent would be perfect on a cold day for me. Not something I'd wear every day either - in fact more for evening. I think a little would go a long way as it could be quite overpowering if too much was used. Very classy fragrance!!

nikornplay
nikornplay

love amber love peach love Paris love romance

love class you will love this one.not too heavy not too sweet.

it's can be smart with a gentle touch of seduction.

rosaria
rosaria

Hermes 24 Faubourg seems to me a classy fragrance. It has a fantastic chypre-floral scent composed mainly of white flowers.

The nicely balanced composition has top notes which are fresh and citrusy.The heart notes are those of white flowers mixed with orange blossom. What is left in the drydown is a light powdery oriental aroma of warm vanilla and pachouli.

This is not for women who are fond of sweet scents.Hermes 24 Faubourg is for women who like unique and sophisticated fragrances.

This complex and rich fragrance is very long lasting.So, be careful or it will be "too much"...

I don't think it is "old lady perfume" at all. It's a timeless classic...a beautiful and elegant scent, perfect for elegant evenings.

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

I smelled this recently, I suddenly throught of old perfumed letter paper or X'mas cards. The scent is memorable but it's kind of out-dated. I like the scent though but I won't wear it and make myself an aged scented X'mas card.

this is definitely classic,but not a typical classic one.I got some fresh fruity notes at the first notes,which is indeed interesting.if it wasn't because of ylang-ylang and hyacinth it would smell modern.
by the way it's reach of flowers with a nice sweet feminine smelling.softer and milder than normal classic scents,it can be wore in any time of day and year.
the heart of perfume is very romantic and like a bouquet of flowers which are inspirations of innocence.
Maurice Roucel has done a great job with making this perfume.he has proved that he can make classic perfumes with a new smelling too.

Zocha
Zocha

Bought it without testing - huuuuuge mistake, I was all rotten Jasmin, long lasting though. On my girlfriend it is just lovely. I guess then, as mentioned here before, Hermes fragrances pick their ladies, not the other way around. I like the bottle a lot, very elegant.

A ponderous heavy white floral on me. It is a bit suffocating in it's self-important, rich layering. I'm sure it works great on others, but it wears me like I'm the bus boy courting the tip from an elegant, rich and mean old lady.

Migotka
Migotka

An echo of past era...

After all the positive reviews I nearly got it without even trying it on, since I couldnt really find it in any perfume shop in my town. Besides, I loved the notes. Luckily I got a sample from a friend before I finalised the purchase.

For me it is a smell of splendor, glamour, but it also smells of old leather furniture in a forgotten antique shop. A smell of old times. It is fascinating, but I would not be able to wear it.

Aysu
Aysu

Excellent perfume, I mean this is how a perfume should be. Starts off with jasmine and orange blossom, and when you think that it is a bit masculine and on the sharp side, you start to feel lovely amber and vanilla combination, but any of the notes are not overly dominating, rich, high quality, elegant.. Also the best use of jasmine in my opinion..

LORENA
LORENA

I think this perfume deserves being called a CLASSIC, I mean, I think all women should have it, it is so elegant, feminine, unforgettable, sweet, perfect for winter or fall evenings, completely suitable for a special occation.... flowers and patchouly deserve a special mention... it is so well mixed and combined that you can´t describe it... it is THE PERFUME

Carla
Carla

Classic, elegant and perfect for evenings out on the town. A subtle hint of Patchouli gets me every time!

Moszatka
Moszatka

Very elegant fragrance, I like it! I had a sample, very delicious and long lasting fragrance. Amazing:)

elgab89
elgab89

This perfume represents for me the French elegance. The name of the perfume is perfect, as it is the address of Hermes in Paris. And I also agree with noor_jehan - about the garden in bloom type of smell - although I envision myself strolling in Jardin de Tulleries or in Jardin du Luxembourg on a nice summer evening, just before making my way to the opera.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

this is one of my favourites as well. it was the only perfume ever in my life i wore for two years and not using any other for all that time. great, elegant, feminine. first time i smelt it i had an image of a beautiful romantic forgotten garden, in a back yard of an old hose, with gazebo surrounded by blooming flowers, roses, jasmine... a swing under the tree... like forgotten memories :)

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

One of my favorite classy perfumes. So warm and sophisticated. Timeless !!!

24 Faubourg by Hermes 3.88 out of 5 based on 1321 ratings and 227 user reviews

Hermes 24 Faubourg - Pure perfume bottle
Hermes 24 Faubourg - Pure perfume bottle
Hermes 24 Faubourg - Pure perfume bottle 0.5 oz
Hermes 24 Faubourg - Pure perfume bottle 0.5 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes 24 Faubourg fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes 24 Faubourg, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 24 Faubourg by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 24 Faubourg by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.