Designers » F-H » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Amazone Hermes for women

Amazone Hermes for women
dislike

Amazone Hermes for women Pictures Amazone Hermes for women Pictures Amazone Hermes for women Pictures Amazone Hermes for women Pictures Amazone Hermes for women Pictures Amazone Hermes for women Pictures Amazone Hermes for women Pictures

Amazone: symbol of a free and modern femininity, Amazone is inspired by the mythical female equestrians who reigned, according to legend, on the shores of the Black Sea. Maurice Maurin composed the fragrance in 1974, orchestrating it around the blackcurrant bud. The fragrance is a floral green harmony in which jonquil, narcissus, galbanum, red fruits and vetiver play off of one another.

Mandarin Orange Cassia Galbanum Violet Leaf Neroli Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood

iris Raspberry Orris Root Jasmine Hiacynth Lily-of-the-Valley Black Currant Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Amber Cinnamon Oakmoss Vetiver Neroli Ylang-Ylang Cedar

Courreges in Blue

Amazone Fragrance Reviews

Sherihan
Sherihan

I agree with @mellyhelly when she said its not a reformulation disaster. I purchased it som hours ago and I guarantee you that it is different than my bottle from early 1990's(I wore it back then but I have good smell memory) . I smell som drops of the old one diluted, super light version of the old, but not as green,not as opaque. I'm happy with my new bottle as this transformation smells nice on its own, a cologne version of the pre/formulation one I can say(yes,exactly,I like this description), but does not have that dirty/earthy notes you get from most today's colognes,you know the iris/lime/bitter after taste(or after smell in this case). Maybe fits people who like to layer perfumes,so this make a beautiful base, or topcoat for them. I think of layering it with my Chanel19 just to bring back som of the lost dens, or another clean/green noted one.

I used to love Amazone when I was a teenager and only owned a miniature bottle. I used my little money to buy a few of those beautiful miniatures that where available for purchasing in perfume stores for very little price, even if they should have been given for free, because they were samples.
It was a citrusy scent in the opening and much more floral after that initial burst, but it quickly settled to a drier and leathery scent on my young skin.
I would have said it was a chypre rather than a straight floral.
I was surely biased by the ad, because Amazone gave me that sense of run-free out of this madly organised world. It was perfume of rebellion for me, but classy all the way, while you run away on a horse, LOL!
Recently I could smell it again in an Hermes corner at duty-free, so that I was like passing by and didn't need to dress fine to go into a shop, as if I had luxury clothes! LOL again.
Amazone smells different, a little more airy and light-handed, no big oomph but somehow Hermes managed to keep that vibe alive, so here reformulation is not a disaster.

Plesiosaur
Plesiosaur

I wanted a more sophisticated fresh green perfume and this was not it. Definitely sophisticated, but in a dried floral arrangement under glass kind of way. It smells like the perfume a powerful matriarch would wear, staid and intimidating. Feminine but not soft.

It's a good scent but feels uncomfortable to wear.

momoffive
momoffive

I do not live in an upscale neighborhood. I am a mom of five who has to save up Because I want to buy the real thing. Glad you've been lucky buying online.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

The reason why people buy from discount shoppes is bcuz some of us simply dont have money like that nor do we live in an upscale neighborhood where a hermes store would be located. I shop on ebay and lucky scent and haven't been disappointed yet!

kellyt102
kellyt102

I LOVED this. I got a SMOKE note in it. I have no idea where that came from, but I just loved it. I wish it was still around.

Carnation
Carnation

Floral green harmony is a perfect way to describe this perfume. This is probably the first one from this genre that doesn't make me nauseous.
There is really something incredibly feminine about this fragrance. The spices are subtle and so beautifully interwoven with the florals that it is symphony to my nose.
Created in 1974. That explains why I seemed to be getting a flashback. Another great fragrance from a great decade.

twj47
twj47

Wore this a long time ago and bought some again about 5 years ago but it just didn't smell the same. I remembered it as a heady, sophisticated, tobacco, woody, sexy perfume - maybe my skin has changed!

aleksandr.dmytrenko
aleksandr.dmytrenko

Really nice is vintage version of EDT! It is pure concentrate of freshness and wildness. I love it. Try Amazone one day.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Perfect autumn scent for me together with Dioressence (I know how different and unique they both are, but I can link them as they share a character). One of best brown-green dry ending scents. Starts green and strong with cassia and neroli over the citrus mandarin bergamot, settling on violet leaf, ladbanum and wonderful brazilian rosewood which unlays the entrance of the middle notes. Among the flower notes jasmine, narcissus and hyacinth stand up and are a bit sweetened and powdered by the iris,rose and orris, while bittered with the fruity notes. The base notes are deliciously balanced and blended, creating leathery illusions, how bright it seems to introduce ylang, neroli and cinnamon there.

I like the strong while polite character Amazone exhibits. Excellent. Unforgettable scent.

nightowl22
nightowl22

The name Amazone reflected my self image while in college; natural, spontaneous and never oppressive. 30 years later, it is still my gold standard for bringing the sense of warm sunshine on your skin wherever you go. I wish I knew more about the frangrance thing - it's undoubtedly got floral notes but something else that just enhances the smell of my own skin. Wearing it builds confidence; others notice but are never offended.

Midnight50
Midnight50

THE VINTAGE AMAZONE WAS A POWERFUL PREFUME A BIT SWEET TO MY NOSE BUT PERSISTENT AND GORGEUS, WITH A GREAT CHARACHTER A QUALITY I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH. I CAN'T SAY IF IT IS SO GOOD EVEN THE VERSION AVAILABLE TODAY.

twolmichelle
twolmichelle

So puzzled by most of these reviews! My Amazone is light, green, floral and very, very classic french! For me, classic french fragrance has an unidentifiable richness; whether you are talking about a chypre, oriental or white floral, it's always there. A depth and intricacy that supports the notes. This has a sharp but pleasant tangy herbal quality that remains through the dry-down. I get absolutely no leather, but instead a lot of narcissus and vetiver, which I happen to love. This has the signature of the late sixties, early seventies. Natural, green and herbal were very popular at the time. A comparable in today's market is definitely Peace, Love and Juicy Couture. This is no sweet, sugary fruit concoction, so Britney lovers would probably shy away. Amazone is distinctive and fresh, so if you define perfumes from different decades as "old lady" or "not old lady" (very shallow, by the way), you won't understand this lovely fragrance. It's a timeless thing. . .

@krisber45
@krisber45

I have many different Hermes perfumes and bought this one without having tried it before, just because I love my other ones. It is just perfect for everyday wear, not too loud and very soft. I got both perfume and edp and I am very happy with both. I got the vintage ones, and I suppose that they have altered this now as they do to many of the older fragrances, which I think is a pity!!

Majesty
Majesty

As a horse rider I thought that Amazone could be the perfect ''partner'' to my activities.First of all,I was expecting a heavier scent in terms of Eau d'Hermes.Leather,saddles,dark wood..On the contrary,Amazone is a light,dry,green scent,a little bitter,which reminds me of vegetables.It doesn't have the intensity I want,it lacks of something,too plain,like a cologne on my skin.I didn't feel the aldehydic opening,I doubt if they used aldehydes in it.It's just uninspiring!Lasting power is average on me,sillage is close to skin.

kristalbee
kristalbee

I used to wear this when I lived in Paris in the 70's so it was more with nostalgia than any longing for the fragrance, that I acquired a sample of EDP. On first spray I did not recognize the smell, there was no indication of visiting an 'old friend'. Anyway -first sniff gives freshness (aldehyde) and something else - woody but not balsamic - floral but not sickly -very different - the ingredients work together not against each other but I get this overall feeling this is really really old fashioned -classic but old - but then I sniff again and there's the leather again to bring it back to something different. It feels fresh and soapy but mossy at the same time -summer walk in a wood -I have horses but certainly don't smell them here! Then the dry down -oh big disappointment -after two hours this fragrance reminds me of drugstore talcum powder. I'm glad i tried this again in sample size before buying a bottle out of nostalgia - it will go into my collection to be sniffed on occasions but think i will spend my pennies elsewhere.

EDIT Wore this on a very cold snowy evening sat in front of a log fire -divine - the smokiness of the moss oak blended with the log fire and brought out fantastic grown up floral/chypres not smelled before - perhaps an evening at home on a winters night with a tot of spiced rum fragrance ;-)

Migalex
Migalex

Very special scent. I cannot identify most of the notes in it, just find it very particular and different from most other scents in a good way. It smells to me as a sort although not exatly incense. It is not really incense but a scent of that type. I can identify the galbanum,but not much more. Very unique, though, this one is special although I would not say it is particularly pleasant or one of the perfumes I like best. Also, the staying power I do not find that good.

Eneroangel
Eneroangel

This fragrance is PURE PERSONALITY !!!!! lots of wood I smell cedar and jasmine at the same time.

FRESH, AGELESS, ADVENTUROUS. It surprises me from the moment I spray it till it disappears.

It makes me feel FREE ! Last about 3 to 5 hrs total until it becomes pure amber at the very end. Although I've been using this fragrance since iam 8 years old, now Iam 39 now and I got to say that the vintage version as well as AMAZONE LIGHT are fresher and more floral and even when iam still a big fan of AMAZONE I do miss the other versions. I don't smell any leather in it, the masculine side of this fragrance it's to my nose vetiver and oakmoss.

imoore
imoore

It is Ivoire by Balmain without the flowers to my nose!

K1
K1

I don't know why I smell leather in the scent!
Anyway, I haven't know it's feminine, I though it must be unisex or masculine though there are lots of gourmand hint in it. I paralleled it to Yatagan de Caron, but if Yatagan is too dry and too harsh, you can come along with Amazone for the wet and soft aldehyde theme it plays.
initiates bitter and deep but from middle release vintage mood; sweet, boozeless and musky.
Over-allpy can gives headache, though it's softer than formal retro items, it owns a sporty spirit.

passionata20
passionata20

27.june 2011

So i recieved a VINTAGE 30ml bottle of pure parfum of "Amazone" today.

I must say i love it! To my nose there is a strong black currant note which i usually don´t like in perfumes BUT here it is presented in a such nice combination surronded by all other notes that i simply enjoy it! After a while upon application i smelled a powdery note and was scared that it would turn into something powdery after all, but it didn´t luckily. It lasts and lasts and lasts. Sometimes i can smell some notes similar to vintage "Magie noire", but only similar. Is it vetyver? I don´t know yet, but what associates in my mind with this scent is the scent of leather but not dry leather. It smells like a fruity leather to me. Yes, there are green notes, but there are not too much of them, there is a little bit of everything in this bottle. A great scent for autumn, i guess also for winter time, but today i also enjoy it during not so hot summer time. I guess the EDT version might smell a bit different and more simple, but i have no clue yet, since i am not familiar to Hermes fragrances at all by far and this is my first positive experience with them.

truffles
truffles

A big smack of GREEN followed by ... weewee.
I'll give this one a miss!

Well, I finally managed to acquire a bottle of Hermès AMAZONE, after having tested only the light version. I am a bit confused by cinsot's remarks about my earlier review, as I do not see myself stating anywhere that 24 FAUBOURG and AMAZONE smell the same. What I said was that they are "clearly cousins", by which I mean: exhibiting the same general quality of richness, voluptuousness, complexity, etc. So, I would say, in response to cinsot: "What an intriguing inference pattern your mind manifests!" (-:

Now for my review of AMAZONE, at last. This is indeed a cousin of 24 FAUBOURG, meaning: lush, thick, rich, complex, enfin, un vrai parfum! But maybe such a remark is redundant, since these qualities, I have learned through induction, come naturally to everything produced by the house of Hermès!

The biggest difference I note between what I have identified as cousins (and let us remember that cousins can be very distinct indeed, for example, some of Barack Obama's cousins are totally black Africans, while others are pasty white Americans...) is the substantial patchouli presence in 24 FAUBOURG, which is nowhere to be sniffed in AMAZONE. AMAZONE also has a significant and persistent aldehydic component, without however reaching the stratum of CALECHE.

The floral notes in AMAZONE work together harmonically, so I would not agree that this is anything close to a narcissus soliflore. (Nor, on the other hand, do I think of 24 FAUBOURG as a gardenia perfume!) To me, AMAZONE is a greenish-brown symphony of swirling scents. Love it!

My sample is of AMAZONE LIGHT, eau de fraicheur, which I gather means a lower concentration than even edt? In any case, I am somewhat confused, as this is a rich, complex composition clearly cousin to 24 Faubourg, so why would one want it to fade away fast? Doesn't make sense to me.

If one is looking for something light and airy, clearly a perfume with dozens of notes (yes, 24!)--including a substantial base, in this case with lots of galbanum--is not in order.

I like AMAZONE LIGHT eau de fraicheur, but given the choice I'd much rather own 24 Faubourg, which offers the same general feeling but much bigger sillage and better longevity.

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Eau de Fraiche review)
I like this fragrance, it is pleasant, unobtrusive and softly woodsy. While it's probably not a scent I'll fall in love with, it is one I appreciate.

When a fragrance has this many notes in it, there is a danger of tipping over and falling into the stinker pot. This one doesn't do that, but it does dabble a toe over the side in gest.

It wears like wet hay to me, mixed with soft mosses and woody notes. What I like most about it is the floral accords, which are sligthly sharp and tangy.

in all, a nice fragrance. I think my issue with it is that it's not my genre, and nothing more.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

A womans right to change her mind! I have went back and retried this scent. This is actually a very nice scent, pine, I get lots of pine! Only the bold and beautiful will ware such a scent like this. The personality must fit the scent and one with an outgoing personality will suit this one beautifully.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Amazone is a true classic fragrance I am glad to have in my perfume collection. It is a scent with a very special character,unique and bold but in an unoffensive way. It is like other timeless classics a counterpart to all the flat and linear sugary-floral-fruity scents which nowadays hit the market.

Fifinella
Fifinella

A very good friend of mine wears this fragrance. On her it just smells divine! To make the picture perfect - yes, she is also an excellent horse back rider (dressage) and also very beautiful!

On me, unfortunately the fragrance does not develop very nicely. Too strong and powerful (must be the galbanum?).

This truly is a scent for a mature, but very feminine woman who knows exactly what she wants and how to get it!

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I read where it's a favourite of Geraldine Chaplin.....

sky76sky
sky76sky

First up there's a whoosh of crushed green leaves, a very, very woody green. As it settles the greeness gives way to a more gentle floral bouquet, zesty to begin with mellowing to a sweeter fruitier twist with herby undertones. I simply love the begamot/sandalwood/cedar/moss base mix - quite masculine. Unique.

I do get a whiff of leather & can understand myhorses comment...hot sweet horse & hay, leather & riding through leafy green forests on a may afternoon is a nice way to conjure up this perfume.

Emeraude
Emeraude

I had it and I hope have it again some day,I keep the empty bottle from 10 years ago...still can smell the beautifull fragrance in it...nice sweet bergamot,I love Amazone...(dont smell horses and leather in it,no no no )

myhorses
myhorses

If you enjoy horse ridding and the smell of horses and leather on sunny afternoon in May you will all find it in Amazone.

Amazone by Hermes 3.93 out of 5 based on 183 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Amazone fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Amazone, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amazone by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amazone by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.