Designers » F-H » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women

Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women
dislike

aldehydic
Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures Caleche Soie de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures

The Hermes classic - Caleche fragrance for women - was launched in 1961. Hermes launched Caleche Soie de Parfum in 1992 as an attempt to modernize this perfume so that it is liked by younger costumers. The fragrance is supposedly morwe vibrant with prominent floral notes, and subdued powdery and woody tones. Its character is floral, aldehyde, chypre.

Notes: aldehydes, bergamot, citrus, Damascus rose, May rose, orange blossom, iris, sandalwood, vetiver, cedar, moss. Available in concentration of EDP

Aldehydes Bergamot Citron Neroli

Caleche Parfum

Caleche Soie de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Majesty
Majesty

Caleche Soie de parfum had nothing to do with the old Caleche Eau de Parfum as I remember it. I remember my mum having a sample when I was little , it was a small yellow box with a carriage printed on it. I was mesmerized by it although I was little and Caleche was too mature for me. Back then it was an intensive potion of aldehydes , oakmoss and sunny liquid as I call the neroli. That smell is still in my head! Now that I own Soie de Parfum I can tell the difference . Hermes has toned down the oakmoss , it is still soapy and clean but without the mustiness of oakmoss or the heavy 'church feeling'. It is a lighter approach of an old classic , very well made and refined. I enjoy it having it on me during warm months , I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. A very sunny and bright take on Caleche. It has quite good duration surrounding you in an ethereal light veil.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Woody Aldehyde

Soie de Parfum is all about the woods, the soap, and the roses. The aldehyde top notes have the feeling of the smoothest, softest, whitest bar of soap. Triple milled "French" soap that was pressed into a soft oval shape, no hard corners. The soap is scented with sandalwood and sweet vetiver, the vetiver used here is so sweet that is almost smells edible. The rose that sits underneath the soapy/woody topnotes is a perfectly pink, round rose, the most prominent floral, it lives in a beautiful bed of oakmoss and sandalwood. As it dries down, the rose eventually dims a little, and a hint of rooty iris emerges, while the base is woody and strong, as it has been all along, plenty of vetiver, cedar, sandalwood, and oakmoss.

Obviously I love this, since I love woody/oakmoss perfumes. I actually think this improves on the original Caleche, with the focus of the rose, it really makes the perfume more complex overall. The base is wonderful, with verboten sandalwood, real cedar, and oakmoss (instead of woody scented iso e super dryer sheet.) I am not sure that a perfume like this would be made today, it is too risque and not 'feminine' enough, with all the woody notes. Silage is pleasant, staying power is about 6 hours.

I am basing this review off an older mini, I am not sure what the reformulation smells like.

kl99

Born in the 90s and even more vintage than the original Soie de Parfum is a creamy round Rose into a french allure of aldheydes sandalwood "lime" and moss/musk.

Like the original is good for a Grace Kelly with three children.
An overdose of class in exhibition.

nexangelus
nexangelus

This is a big perfume! It is luxurious like some of Roja Dove's creations. Gorgeous citrus, moss floral. Opens green and loud and settles into the most glorious mossy citrus woody floral. The moss note in this and Amazone almost have a smoky, dry character.

edlih
edlih

Well I have a 100 ml bottle of the stuff, blind buy based on reviews, what do I regret it, I'll pass it on to one of my cousins, they think because it is hermes it has to be good and will love me for the present. I don't like it at all, somebody made a reference to French luxury, well I live in 3 Western European country's of which one is France (where I am at the moment) I don't smell that stinker here, I even would not dare to wear it....hermes is simply overrated IMHO.
Update

I have tried it again and to my big surprise I even start to like it, must have been something with my skin ,I was a bit ill, maybe that was the reason.
Anyway no luck for a cousin...I keep it

I love Caleche since always, even if I'm not a regular wearer, BUT... EdT was made thinner and what about the opulent Soie de Parfum? I'm not sure. Something smells weird here. It's still a longlasting powerful floral plus aldeide, still ladylike, but it's somehow heavier and less airy than before.
On my skin after 1 hour it develops a slightly annoying and banging grapefruit note. I never noticed that in past years. I thought that being an inconsistent wearer maybe I didn't notice every single nuance. It can be, but I also find this note identical to the annoying "grapefruit" edge in Jour d'Hermes which is taken to an extreme in the Absolu. I despise that note and I hope it's not the new chemical for bergamot note. It's not as volatile as bergamot rather a hammering note that never fades. Here in Soie de Caleche is blended nicely more or less, but in many perfumes it gives me the acrid armpit edge.

imogene
imogene

Pure luxury. What a pleasure it is to wear this. Wear it with a potato sack and feel like a Duchess anyway. It's that old fashioned French fine soap fragrance with a modern very classy twist. The twist is in the aldehyde. It makes the whole rich and refined. This is a perfume you want to leave on your lovers pillow. He won't get you out of his mind.

Frayja
Frayja

I will always love you....

Finally you added!
I have fuond a vial of that and I was frustrated for not have a space to comment it. ;)
Now I have to find it again. And I'll say something..

Sherihan
Sherihan

Silk, I hope it's available in boutiques to try

Caleche Soie de Parfum by Hermes 4.59 out of 5 based on 68 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Caleche Soie de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hermes Caleche Soie de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Caleche Soie de Parfum by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Caleche Soie de Parfum by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.