Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Concentre d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men

Concentre d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men
dislike

Concentre d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men Pictures

Concentre d`Orange Verte by Hermes is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Concentre d`Orange Verte was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Guichard. The fragrance features orange, amber, patchouli, basil and cedar.

Orange Amber Patchouli Basil Cedar

Aqua Earth Homme

Concentre d`Orange Verte Fragrance Reviews

Scentsitive
Scentsitive

To my nose, this is the whole orange tree and the surrounding orchard air in a bottle. Very uplifting fragrance that whenever I spray, I could almost hear the birds in the orange orchard chirping. Together with Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, this is a summer favorite for as long as I can remember (10 years?). I never get tired of this and always garner compliments esp. from people who doesn't like very strong/oriental perfumes. A staple in my huge collection.

kellz1843
kellz1843

It's VERY orange, VERY herbal, a little earthy, VERY beautiful. If I didn't have Eau Sauvage which does this with lemons and is...a little bolder, I would purchase this immediately.

lepetitprince
lepetitprince

A fun explosion of citrus and spices greets you at the first spray. Such zest in the citrus that you could very well be peeling a fresh, ripe orange at this very moment. There is nothing synthetic about it at all.

A very unique scent, certainly won't be forgotten easily. Not suitable for the average female. You need a really whimsical and free-spirited character to wear this well, or to like it at all. Possibly a wild streak, together with that independent stubbornness.

I wouldn't claim that this isn't feminine at all. Sure, it works for guys too. But on a girl, now, that is something memorable. I suppose that Amélie Poulain might like it. Cheerful, quirky and lots of fun. Love it.

Hectaedrical
Hectaedrical

Pocas fragancias pueden percibirse como maduras y ser dominante cítricas, es una, es un placer llevarla puesta Orange Verte Hermés, huele como las hojas de una naranjo al ser partidas.

amelie
amelie

Concentre d'orange verte smells just like freshly sliced oranges and it seems to be a mood lifter too. Great scent, so pleasant and quite longlasting on my skin.
Same vibe as Ruban L'occitane's that I really loved, especially in the dry down.

benabdelafou
benabdelafou

Very fresh scent, its effect does not last long on the skin but can last long enough on clothing.

demby
demby

me gusta el aroma fresco, de un día de verano
es una de mis fragancias favoritas, es una lastima de dure poco tiempo en la piel...aunque siempre tengo la botella concentrada dura un poco mas que el agua de colonia :)

Brenao
Brenao

80's. At opening you can feel what is coming. A green, very acidic and woody fragrance, very manly, odd. Not my cup of tea, but has character.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I don't know why they made the original more flowery...I don't know if it's really more concentrated at all. The first few minutes are glorious, realistic citrus fruit, but then it devolves into stale orange blossom residue which I can only smell if I overspray (though I'd hesitate to even use the word "overspray" with this one since it's so light). I gave it to my friend and she used about 5 mL one day as a room+linen spray all over her bedroom, but I couldn't smell it when I visited her place the next day.

Na0
Na0

This is.... One of the greatest citruses I ever smelled.
I mean... An "herbal" orange, just that, nothing more. Simplicity at its finest.

The name doesn't lie :
Concentré > Concentrate > Yes, very strong, but not awful, not loud... Just enough strong to smell it without to be disturbed.

Orange > Orange... ORANGE ! That pure orange, that strong orange, but delicate too. A juicy one, full of sun. Yummy.

Verte > Yes, green. A green background, just behind the orange, without it, the orange would be boring, classic, I think. Calm, quiet, but present, just for the orange to be brought to arm, very well blended to make a greeny/spicy orange, a very special orange juice cocktail.

Honestly, I thought citruses ones would be too acid, too boring, too generic, but no. This one is yummy, gourmand, green and orange, sweet, refreshing and strong but delicate. Perfect, just perfect.

topolcats
topolcats

I have been wearing this scent for years!
I love it but its a big ask to say its unisex.
Its a male scent......but if you are a masculine women?,
then who knows the possibilities?

kambelz
kambelz

Very nice refreshing authentic smelling orange. Not just the orange juice, but also like the orange peel and everything. One of my favorites. Perfect for hot weather. You need to try it, it smells amazing.

isdemary91
isdemary91

Revitalizante y fresca. De lo mejor de Hermes

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

What else do u need to say when its a HERMES !!!! My first purchase of Hermes frag was Rocabar, I still use it thou it's from the early 80's...TIMELESS. last year I purchased Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men, a real spicy, fresh and cozy fragrance which is one of my signature frag now.
Concentre d' Orange Verte is also another MASTERPIECE which is best during the summer/fall days. The first time I sprayed it on my skin it was a rush of Orange/citrus scent which stays on that way over several hours. The aroma stimulates your senses and re energizes you becoming very up beat.
After the aroma of Orange settles ever so slightly then you are able to smell amber with a touch of patchouli.
This frag has a tremendous base of both basil and cedar combined with the top notes makes it a really impressive fragrance.
Longevity is NUMERO UNO...FIVE STAR, well past 10 hours.
Sillage is superb, you can smell it more then 5ft away without it being heavy.
Overall, there's nothing else you can say about a top-notch fragrance which both sex's use it and find it a gem. This fragrance is worth every ounce, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another bottle.
I leave you with a question; How could you ever get tired or bored of this fragrance?
My response is Forza Concentre d'Orange Verte...LIVE FOR EVER...10/10

MsDana
MsDana

A great scent, fresh and masculine! Hermes never disappoints, you could buy this as a gift for your guy and I doubt that he would not like it.

silentrich
silentrich

Great orange based fragrance. It's like standing in the middle of an orange grove. You get the bitter orange smell of the orange peel with a tiny bit of sweetness, the leafy smell from the tree, and the earthy and wood elements from the tree itself. Outstanding fragrance.

Concentre d'Orange Verte by Hermes is a great fragrance if crisp, orange scents are your thing. Luckily this fragrance can be shared between the sexes. It's fairly androgynous in its approach, and is neither too sweet nor too sharp.

I am surprised to discover that Concentre d'Orange Verte is in fact an EDT, not an EDC as I had previously thought it to be. It wears very much like a citrus cologne splash; watery, refreshing and crisp.

I have quite a fondness for realistic, juicy orange based fragrances. For some time I have enjoyed wearing L'Occitane's Ruban d'Orange during Summer, however since its discontinuation I have been searching for its replacement. Concentre d'Orange Verte certainly comes close.

It's the kind of fragrance I would reach for on a hot and humid afternoon. Concentre d'Orange Verte opens with a refreshing burst of citrusy orange, which is quickly followed by a subtle hint of green basil and clean cedar.

On my skin, the patchouli is barely evident. I wouldn't describe this fragrance as having any earthy or musty accords. It's fresh from beginning to end, and rather simplistic in this manner.

The longevity is fairly average for that of an EDT, and the sillage can vary from barely noticeable to moderately light. I probably wouldn't pay full price for Concentre d'Orange Verte, but I would like to add it to my collection at some point.

Lom
Lom

This is my signature perfume, although I didn't use it for a while now because it makes me feel a bit down when I wear it - the complete opposite to what I used to feel when I started using it.
This fragrance is best worn on warm summer nights (Israeli summer nights are humid, hot and sticky and Concentre d`Orange Verte is better than air-conditioning in fighting them). The problem with this fragrance is that it's too strong when you apply it (almost like peeling an orange and getting it's juice into your eyes) and after the strong smell is gone (after 5 min) the rest fades away very quick, mostly after 20 minutes on my skin. but those 20 minutes are beautiful, very elegant. it reminds me of old airports in the 80s and I love it. I still don't really understand why I feel so low when wearing it lately, maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's very bitter, or because I have bad memories from the time I used my first bottle of Concentre d`Orange Verte.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

This is so beautiful! Starts with a sharp citrussy orange and cedar in the background. Patchouli develops next, still fresh, edgy, energetic, mixed with fading citrussy scent. As the citrus fades, the perfume gets mellow, sumptuous, almost musky.
Finding orange verte concentre closes my search for midday pick me up perfume, something to refresh me and wake me up in a busy day. I love layering it over my more complicated perfumes I sprayed in the morning and by the midday they either wore off or I got used to them...

jozemo
jozemo

hyper citrus base perfume, a nice day scent,smells very elegant and refreshing to me, a definite go to scent.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

As always with Hermes.. Excellent! It`s a very classy citrus scent, far above all other in the same league.

Kersen
Kersen

how about Little Italy Bond No 9?
which one is better?

celadoster
celadoster

A linear citrus fragrance. Elegant, but very strong! Lemon 3+ cedar 3+ patchouli 2+
Delicious!

empathyboy
empathyboy

So much better than eau d'Orange verte, not just in longevity but in it's entire composition. It smells just so much more natural. I also like eau too, but I can sometimes find it a little cloying. Concentre on first application is like the incredible aroma when someone peels an orange, except it is as different as what a satsuma is to a tangerine. It is like a wonderful fruit of the orange family you never knew existed. The dry down is more mossy and green and slightly woody and whenever I spray it on my sleeve, I bury my nose into the material throughout the day and escape to a place that is beautiful and serene. It is the one fragrance that universally attracts the most compliments and generates the most smiles and I love it beyond measure.

ziegyzieg
ziegyzieg

This fragrance is very linear, all I can smell is just orange orange and more orange with a hint of cedar in the base. Longevity and projection are temperamental on me, if I'm lucky it lasts for more than 5 hours, but sadly it doesn't happen that often.

Its linearity can also be considered its downfall as it can be a bit boring after a while.
Nevertheless it is a good fragrance but probably better if it's a bit cheaper

axy
axy

Hermes-type mixture of the best perfumes for use in
shades of citrus, light floral fragrance with the intensity of fresh reinforcements
than men, but very close to the unisex perfume is touted as the use of
especially concentrating on edt version, lasting and noticeable
On hot days, I would recommend my dear wonderful scent of citrus fragrance..

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

A fresh and powerful fragrance. The first time I tried this perfume I could not stop smelling over and over again. Such a good quality aroma that almost becomes addictive. The real bitter, sour and refreshing aroma of green oranges, yet completely lacks longevity.

Very good projection, good sillage, but incredibly poor longevity, at least on my skin. I've worn this cologne in summer and also in winter and even if I used a very good quantity, aroma completely disappears after one hour. It's a pitty because it would be a very good edt if It had a far better longevity

Karenin
Karenin

Concentré d´Orange Verte (CdOV) from Hermes is the ultimate joy maker. Its exceptional quality becomes obvious from the moment its first drops land on your skin. The zesty orange note combined with the mint have an invigorating effect on me. This explosion of tart freshness is, however, relatively short-lived as the scent calms down and proceeds to its less pronounced herbal-woody heart and base (including the notes of basil, patchouli and cedar).

From the longevity point of view, do not expect any wonders from CdOV. In fact, I find the adjective "concentré" a little misleading. It has to be understood in the context of traditional colognes. On my skin, CdOV turns into a skin scent rather swiftly. I do catch gentle whiffs every now and then, but this fragrance, just like any other eau de cologne, is meant to evaporate quickly in order to be reapplied (in generous quantities) a number of times during the day, which I´m delighted to do.

On balance, if you want to avoid smelling ozonic-aquatic-sporty in the heat of the summer but are rather looking for a refreshing, citrus-based summer scent, I wholeheartedly recommend this exquisite cologne from one of the finest present-day fragrance houses. Have fun!

P.S. I´d like to salute "calyx93" and "Grottola" for their truly inspirational reviews of this juice :-)

Kain
Kain

It's a great orange based fragrance guys.
It's green, fresh and also bitter orange.
Imagine this, add oranges with their leafs and some of the orange tree's skin in a mixer and mix them well, now smell the juice! It's something like that.
It's bitter, it's green because of the orange leafs, it's a little woody because of the orange tree's skin. there is some sweetness in it too, but not too much. work of art in my opinion.
It's not like so many citric and aquatic summer fragrances that all smell the same!
It's really unique and pleasant.
I love it. Great longevity and above average projection.
يه عطر عالي بر پايه مركبات
بوش بوي خاصيه. مثل اين ميمونه كه پرتقالُ با پوست و كمي برگ درخت پرتقال و خيلي كم هم پوست درخت پرتقال بريزين توي يه ميكسر و خوب ميكسش كنين. حالا مايع بدست اومده رو بو كنين. اين عطر همچين بويي ميده
بوي پرتقال تازه منتها تلخ و تند به خاطر اينكه پوست پرتقال هم داخلش هست و كمي سبز و گياهي چون بوي برگ درخت پرتقال هم ميده. بوي خاص و منحصر بفردي داره
ماندگاري خيلي خوب و پخش بوي مناسبي داره
من شخصا از اين كار خيلي لذت ميبرم

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

es tan impresionante el olor, fresco, aromatico, delicado, real, pero no dura nada, el olor es encantador, pero su duración es pesima, realmente una decepcion, si durara mas seria una joya, q lastima.

calyx93
calyx93

Fresh, rejuvenating, restoring and delicious even - this citric cocktail is one of my favorite pick-me-ups. If I'm feeling run down, sick, fatigued or even sad - it never fails as a tonic against all of these things. Even though it's labeled "concentre" it's still rather fleeting, but no matter - you can apply as much and as often as you like and it never becomes tiresome or overbearing.

I look at it as a panacea against the bad things in life - like many of the best eau de colognes. It serves as much purpose as a fragrance as it does as a medicine. This and Eau Dynamisante (or Ô de Lancôme - depending on the mood) come with me wherever I travel. And for good reason. Do yourself a favor and try this out - if you're a lover of fresh, citric EDCs, you cannot go wrong with this.

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

Concentre d'Orange Verte is simply the best orange chypre I've encountered.

It is zesty, almost eye searing, with sweet orange, key lime and lemongrass up front, yet inviting and calmingly woodsy underneath with notes of oakmoss, cedar, sweet patchouli, wet earth and pine.

Wearing Orange Verte is like walking along the edge of a brook barefoot on a dappled forest floor and finding an orange tree growing there. You pause for some minutes admiring its beauty, then go on your way.

Orange Verte is often criticized for its poor longevity, but it lasts well enough if you spray liberally on clothes and don't expect much sillage. And if you miss the orange after an hour, simply reapply— Orange Verte is so classy and understated, no one will ever guess you are wearing 12 or 15 sprays by the end of the day.

And anyway, who cares. Orange Verte is a fragrance for the wearer. Wear it when you want to feel happy or soothed. Wear it to bed.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Another citrus cologne for whom like citrus line. But there is a subtle difference: this one is warm, not cool and fresh! Dry down was interesting to me, it was getting warmer!
Longevity is good but sillage is below average. This was not such remarkable cologne to me.

یک عطر دیگه با بیس مرکبات برای اونهایی که از رایحه مرکبات لذت می‌برن. بر خلاف بیشتر عطرهای با بیس مرکبات که خنک هستند، این یکی یک عطر گرم به حساب میاد، و به مرور زمان گرمتر هم میشه.
دوام خوبی داره اما پخش بوی اون ضعیفه. در کل عطر چندان خاصی نیست

querelle
querelle

It's so good and so brilliantly crafted, it breaks your heart..
I love it to bits.

Grottola
Grottola

One of the best citrus scents in existence, Concentré D'Orange Verte plays all the cards right. From the get-go, it's all about fresh, fruity citrus. Oranges, limes, mango, and some basil combine to create and extremely cooling citrus and projects quite well and lasts a good 4 to 5 hours projection-wise. Kinda reminds me of Froot Loops, actually. Perhaps my only gripe about Concentré is that it can be quite "perfumey", but it's so pleasant and refreshing that anything negative gets usurped for the most part. Completely unisex and makes an amazing everyday scent in the summer. It's a bit fruitier, sweeter, and not as stuffy as Eau d'Orange Verte, in my opinion.

I also love the bottle. Frosted dark green glass looks so cool.

FYI, this one is less of a nod to the classic Eau de Colognes than it is more like Eau Sauvage. Really, this is Eau Sauvage, but with more oranges and fruitier, if you want something to compare it to.

K1
K1

I found it quite stronger than the cologne 1979 version but of course this longevity costed transparency.
Contentre d'Orange is the same aromatic green citric fragrance with the cologne version with less leafy and more woody tones with cedar add that gives a faint creamy shape to the overall scent. It's a bit soapy too. Not annoying soapy but a bit like soaps in luxe hotels.
Cd'OV is more active and sporty than the easy going casual vologne; Eau d'Orange Verte.

Belgianbear
Belgianbear

The "BEST SUMMER SCENT" .... Luxurious Citrus Scent! Wonderfull Ligth and Rich !!! People talks about 45 min longevity !!! Not true for the "Concentre" !! It's a full day longevity and on your clothes ... more than a day !! One of my favorite scent !!!

pamacs
pamacs

At first smells terribly bitter, but it turns to fresh and orangeous. Smells like a mediterranean country. Perfect scent, but a very very poor longevity, 30-45 mins.

Call me names, call me whatever you want but I find Cd'OV a bit crude. I quite like the opening even if it inevitalby reminds me of Malle's Bigarade Concentree (that's way better than this). IMO the problem with this composition by JC Ellenà is in the drydown where the minty-orange accord turns to smell exactly like Last Al Limone Verde (an italian washing-up liquid). I know it may sounds blasphemous, but anytime I try to approach this composition, my olfactory nerves transmit to my brain the wrong impulses and Last Al LImone Verde suddendly shows up in my mind...

Rating: 6.5/10

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

The most beutiful opening and dry down...smells very clean and fresh.. i love this scent. i dont know if it last long as i always take it with me to office to re apply again and again.... worth every penny of its price....purchase this without thinking

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Oh my!!! Now we’re in the big leagues. This is one that you have to damn sure look nice to wear. Sophisticated and not at all like the name suggests. So smooth, buttery citrusy depth. Mmmm mmm mmmmmmmmm

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

The quality of the ingredients is evident in Concentre d`Orange Verte. Hermes never fails to impress. The orange in my mind is a thick skinned, softball sized, perfectly ripe fruit from Southern California, deliciously sunkissed and organically grown. This and basil are the most prominent notes in both the top and heart.

Basil really sets this fragrance apart, very dark green, herbal, yet not bracing.

In union with amber and patchouli, Concentre d`Orange Verte offers a wonderful velvety warmth. Even the waxy rind is present in the tempered drydown. Yes, this is a warm orange that dotes on the wearer with its comforting quality and strength.

Fortifying, yet soothing. Attractive and astute in the most natural way.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

My friend gave me this fragrance, I thought it would be like other citrusy fragrance, which mostly get me headache. But I was wrong! This fragrance is very nice, citrusy with a layer of powdery on top of it. But I wish it has better longevity.

Jaki
Jaki

It nearly took the inside of my nose out at first sniff,after that it settled to a dark bitter orange with intense woody notes and eventually dried down to a lovely warm cedary smell. I liked it but prefered the lighter Les Colognes Hermes Eau d`Orange Verte.

guest_jovar
guest_jovar

برتقال مر وحامض للجنسين مناسب جدا لليحب العطور الخضراء انا عندي كل كلونيات ارمز تقريبا مع تفضيلي لكلونيا بامبليمو روز بعطر الليمون الهندي مه انه سريع التبخر بس للحضات انتعاش حقيقيه

Hermes CONCENTRE D'ORANGE VERTE is a beautiful citrus aromatic which opens bright and juicy, just like a ripe orange. Both the peel and the fruit are represented here, and they smell quite appealing. This is not, however, a sweet composition; it is clean and fresh--not sticky--on the skin.

The fragrance develops relatively quickly to a greenish-woody drydown, which is equally beautiful. I find the drydown to be aromatic enough to make CONCENTRE D'ORANGE VERTE seem a bit on the masculine side, though many women would still feel comfortable wearing it. This is definitely a perfect summertime scent for anyone who loves fresh, authentic-smelling orange and equally fresh basil combined harmoniously with cedar and patchouli.

I have a purse spray of this pleasing composition, but may have to acquire a larger bottle, as I find it most addicting! The only other fragrance I've found with this nice of an orange presentation is Bond no 9 LITTLE ITALY, but I'm not sure yet which I like most... The longevity of this concentrated version does seem quite a bit better than the cologne.

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

Excelente, una explosion de naranjas amargas sobre suaves notas de madera. longebidad razonable en la piel, la fragancia no se siente a distancia sino en las proximidades de quien la lleva puesta.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I am a woman, and this is definitely unisex; sharp citrus and green herbs, wet dirt after rain, a wind of freshness, very pleasant but not lasting very well. Reminds me of exotic drinks, like a chaipirinia or mojito. Lemony, minty, basil, and then nothing. Interesting but not sexy; very fresh, wish it would last longer, good to wear when you are dress sporty, not for office, romance, or evening.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

It is still an "Eau", but stronger.
So don't expect it to last for hours... .
It was already a fantastic creation and now you have a stronger concentration.
One of the best refreshing, timeless fragrances, for men and women!

It really reflects Hermès in it's purity.

svillatoro
svillatoro

It doesn't last long on any skin, because longevity is poor. There are other good Hermes options but I don't recomend this one.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

weaker than baby pee.you gotta ride with it right by your side and re-up every 15min. if it wasnt for that,its ok

fqgouvea
fqgouvea

This is fun at first, with a strong lemon note dominating. Unfortunately, on my skin it doesn't last very long at all. An hour or so, and all that's left is a pleasant, but not excellent, drydown. I was hoping that "concentré" meant that it would last longer, but clearly not so.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

This scent is really amazing on men. On women? I'm not so sure.

The orange and cedar is so strong that on a women, it would seem the statement she is making is trying to make would be about her androgyny.

Either way, it's a strong message and anyone who wears it will carry that strength.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

It's been a hot afternoon here in Athens and this green orange potion stood out as an oasis.
This may now become my favourite unisex scent for summerwear.Refreshing but earthy,simple but chic,not sporty at all.
I don't like sporty unisex scents.

Concentre d`Orange Verte by Hermes 4.31 out of 5 based on 470 ratings and 55 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Concentre d`Orange Verte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Concentre d`Orange Verte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Concentre d`Orange Verte by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Concentre d`Orange Verte by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.