Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Eau D`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men

Eau D`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men
dislike

Eau D`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men Pictures

With the Colognes collection, Hermès expands a territory of olfactive expression inaugurated in 1979 with its first Cologne, later baptised Eau d’orange verte, characterized by its refinement and authenticity. Figurative and generous expressions of instant pleasure, the Hermès Colognes offer a series of material-based olfactive vignettes. Through the gaze of Jean-Claude Ellena, Hermès affirms its own interpretation of the Cologne style, between artistic sensitivity and traditional craftsmanship.

Eau d’orange verte: a founding Cologne created by Françoise Caron in 1979 and inspired by the odour of moist, rose-scented morning undergrowth, this fragrance has asserted itself as an emblem of Hermès ever since and is distinguished by its unique freshness. It was devised as a burst of citrus touches, with orange to the fore, amidst zests and leaves, lemon, mandarin, mint and blackcurrant buds. Its complexity is revealed in a unique vapor composed of oak moss and patchouli. The nose behind this fragrance is Francoise Caron.

Orange Blossom Mandarin Orange Jasmine Bergamot Lemon

Madera de Naranjo

Eau D`Orange Verte Fragrance Reviews

happyscent
happyscent

Eau d'Orange Verte – orange smell; my recommendation just get clinique happy and john varvatos artisan, (even FJK aqua universalis) these two have better interpretations if your craving for the orange flowers, blossom or fruit smell

Lovely, lovely orange scent.
Can't really give much more detail than has been given in some of the great reviews on here. It's got every possible nuance of orange to give it a really natural quality that is incredibly refreshing and invigorating.
I think I'd get the concentrated version just to ensure a bit more strength but this stuff is amazing.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE DISAPPEARING ACT

What a lovely fresh summer fragrance - or I think it was.

In order to truly enjoy this I'd need to spray every 1/2 hour.

What a shame.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

Possibly, the best photo-realistic orange inspired cologne ever created.
The orange opening is beyond any other fragrance I have ever tried. Makes me think "Wow, I wish oranges smelled as good as this!"
I know oranges smell great and this is no real replacement for their gorgeousness but this is as close as a cologne is going to get.

The initial burst of over-ripe orange rind beauty instantly begins to fade to a close to the skin mix of bergamont, jasmine & orange flower all enveloped under a soft, thin, transparent & sheer orange pulp note.

It is so expertly mixed that after around ten minutes you can decipher each note enclosed within the enveloping orange note but you have to search a little.

This one is made for five spritzes directly on the chest after a shower. It's initial burst will calm to a lightly noticeable symphony of soft notes for a couple hours before it's gone and leaving you wanting for more.

As far as colognes go it lasts long enough - around 3 hours.
Beautiful & gentle yet gone so soon - an ode to a good life.

For a unique improvisation, spray generously over a single spritz of Terre De Hermes. Wonderful and Immensely complimentary!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A cologne with a stylish opening but soon disapates to a pale musky aroma sitting close to the skin..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 30 mins- 8 inch projection. Refined, class mandarin orange with that distinctive Hermes citrus twist. I only see this is on men in a dressed up setting. Ages 40 - 60. Well made

30 mins - 5 hours. Close to skin, shame.... but worse than the projection dieing is that the scent itself reduces into a pale reflection of the opening, with a little muskiness.

Super opening and I appreciate the projection and longevity wont be great as it is a colgne, but what disappoints is the quality disappearing after 30 mins

Not for me

Yushcan
Yushcan

Awesome!!! But it's not for new comers, it's for mature noses.
It's so easy to create something special for winter evening heavy fragrance to impress the beginners. And it's so complicated to create sophisticated unique fresh fragrance for spring and hot summer... the nose behind must be really Professional for such kind of job. That's all about Eau D'Orange Verte!
That is why there are just few real things for spring and summer on the market.
As regards to longevity and silage - pls remember this masterpiece is Eau de Cologne, it means the concentration of essence in the bottle just 3-8%; if you need long lasting and strong silage switch to edt or edp with concentration 12-20% and 20-30% respectively.
So, buying edc, no difference which manufacture, do not expect long lasting and silage, simply read carefully what is written on the box to avoid complains and disappointment.
There is nothing wrong with this unique fragrance, it's just Eau De Cologne, that's it.
As regard to smell - nothing to add, everything said about it here before. Just amazing :)

suzrwin
suzrwin

Love the bitter orange zest opening with the bright lemon and lime accords. Within minutes, literally, it is gone. Disappointing since it is wonderful to begin with. Will have to seek something similar, and kiss yet another Hermes goodbye.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I still remember the first time I meet this scent, I thought that if I ever had a man for myself I would want him to smell like this everyday. Now that I have a companion he wears it and so I do, but none of us does everyday. Eau D'Orange is perfect for summer or very warm spring days. Though it is a light eau, it isn't just a simple easy cologne but a perfectly balanced one. It is as some mentioned a leaf citrus with a dryer end than other citrus colognes. I prefer it over the Concentrè version, in fact I find them quite different and though I appreciate both I find this one more classy and unique.

Jerome276
Jerome276

In the last couple of months, I tried 184 men's perfumes in a crazy quest to find the one that suits me. Well, this is it. Spirit-lifting. Subtle and refined. Not obtrusive. Now I can rest.

ian.gamil
ian.gamil

This is undefiably one of the freshest fragrances I've ever smelt. However, if someone hugged you with this on they would hardly smell it. . .Unless their nose is buried on your neck where you sprayed it.

fragrance_fan
fragrance_fan

Everybody knows I loooovveee oranges. Well, you guys and gals didn't know that - but that's why I'm writin that. So now you know.

One day after smelling this orange-a-licious gem and buying it on the spot i went home and concocted a little machine that clipped to the vizor on my cubs hat that would mist a little bit of this orange juice on my face every couple hours or so. That's how good this stuff is!

I know what you're thinking - "Can I have that hat?". Unfortunately for me orangutans like oranges as much as I do and when I wore that hat in a zoo in Vietnam one of them orangutans decided to grab it off my head when I wasn't looking. That crafty orange bearded devil!
Dam, if that thing wasn't the happiest orangutan in that cage when it put my hat on and laid back like it hadn't a care in the world!
Dang, I knew I shouldn't have climbed into that cage!
I bought another bottle a few years later and am still thinking about how to get my hat back!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It went on with a nice orange smell and almost immediately disappeared. In other words, I got the d'Orange but not the Verte. My skin sucks it up like latex on new drywall, I guess.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A blast of bitter oranges with lemon you get off the top with a spicy freshness.

It's a little bit sweet and quickly becomes drier where you are left with a slight mossy powdery orange on your skin.

On my skin it takes twenty minutes from the fresh opening to the basenotes where it is barely detectable.

It's nice while it lasts but the very poor longevity and projection are just not worth your money or time.

raw umber
raw umber

This fragrance smells uncannily similar to L'eau de L'Artisan by L'Artisan, only with the addition of orange and lime sour fruit and peel top notes. Under that initial blast of fresh citrus fruits, there is an almost musty, herbal base of something reminiscent of dried, though still very green basil and grass. I happened to have the bottle of L'Artisan close by, and when I applied D'Orange Vert, and allowed the top notes to settle on my skin so that the heart and base began to take on more dimension, I couldn't help but notice L'Artisan's green herbal body peering out. I applied it on my other wrist just to be sure and the similarities blew me away.

Personally, I would choose L'Artisan over the Hermes in this instance, because the longevity on D'Orange Verte is very poor, even more so than L'Artisan's generally short-lasting fragrances. If you are in love with all things sour orange however, D'Orange Verte is certainly that even with the basil lurking in the background.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I must be the only one who doesn't smell the comparisons to Orange Spice, Eau Sauvage, 4711, etc. To me, Eau D'Orange Verte comes across more as a woody-green cologne with hints of orange and orange blossom. The effect is dusty, woody, dry, and a little dull. As opposed to the more "Technicolor" orange of Orange Spice, or the crisp, bright bergamot of Eau Sauvage, the Hermes bid for orange seems rather withdrawn and lackluster, although if you breathe on it, and draw it out, the orange note does smell quite delicate and natural. No great shakes, but then again not bad either. If you're planning on taking a trip to Japan, this is the stuff to wear.

arzacu
arzacu

I got this one 3 months ago and I really fell in love with it!

Citrusy, classy, classic, soapy, artistic, that's what I figured when I smelled it for the first time: the perfect frag for an artist. It's complex, but so simply at the same time.

It starts with a very sharp lemony notes, after 15 minutes becomes an orange, bitter orange smell, makes me feel very clean, happy and compfortable...

It's unisex but I think it's more manly than femenine...

The most important... IT'S EXCLUSIVE!

Maybe the price (expensive), makes this perfume an exclusive choice, but I love it and I don't care hahaha!!! Guys it's hermes, and some people say that it's an old frag, but I think (I'm 25 year old guy) it's all about ATTITUDE! Like chanel fragrances... it's absolutely different than other fresh fragrances like "eau savage" or "4711"... that's mainstream!

This one is fresh but unique...

The perfect choice for summer, hot weather and, at least on me, the drydown it's beautiful, and lasts very much to be a cologne (6 hours aprox).

If you're looking for a different, classy, fresh and unique fragrance, this is one that you must try!!

On of my favourite, and number 1 in my collection!

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

It's beautiful and delicious but I can't tell what the dry down is like cos it disappears in about five minutes!!!! Such a shame.

rienzope
rienzope

Very disappointed. Started Orange, turned sour, then moldy oranges and body odor, then it was gone in 30 minutes. I tried it twice and had the same experience both times.

jasmasid
jasmasid

A well-crafted and complex kind of scent -- the definitive cologne in terms of a fresh, clean smell. Extremely refreshing in hot weather and can be worn by both sexes. They also do travel sizes and I managed to find other products like body shampoo, body lotion, etc.

nilizio
nilizio

Superb! Strong scent, clean, refreshing!
Sometimes, I sprinkle it as a base and adds a refreshing touch of perfume such as Eau de Portofino!
Excellent result!
Now I finished a bottle and I'm going to buy a new or similar (I realized that Hermes did this cologne more powerful edition!).

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

100 points out of 100

Cezanne
Cezanne

Bright and fresh in the summer, too good for wearing in a sticky office.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Eau D'Orange Verte is an intriguing scent that's defied classification for me. Like other Hermes scents, it's very complex and rich, but not too heavy. I agree with some other posters that the 'orange' is not a traditional orange scent, but rather more of a bitter-sweet orange; more akin to the smell of a pomander orange, or dried tangerine peels (like those used in Chinese incense.) In spite of that, it still manages to remain fresh.

Unfortunately, D'Orange didn't last too well on my skin. The dry down was quite strong and I had to admit that it wasn't a good chemical match for me - it became somewhat dusty-smelling, like old powder. But I know D'Orange works very well for other guys, so I still highly recommend it. And yes, on that note, I really do think this is much more of a man's scent.

Attar
Attar

The fragrance is vivid, nice, fresh like orange juice nevertheless it's too short to become something special. 2-3 hours (3-4 max, my case - only for first two hours) and it's gone( All i have is reminiscence of tasty fresh orange. Forbidden. Hope Eau Concetree version has better longevity.
Perhaps the point is in EDC, though there are many fragrances in EDC versions that have much better longevity than this one.
Generally, love Hermes, love this smell, but disappointed with its longevity. 2 hours of Orange Happiness - to cheer yourself up)Glad it's not expensive (another advantage). Good fragrance for a hot day (or for 3-4 hours of a hot day))

George K.
George K.

EAU D' ORANGE VERTE
DATE:1979
BY:FRANCOISE CARON

A green bottle, a citrus garden,a generous and universal Cologne...Citrus,minty,woody...
So fresh,clean,sparkling and well-being for the whole family...a fragrance to share.Peppermint,mandarin,orange,orange tree leaves,lemon.I love the soap of EDV and All over Shampoo,a stimulating freshness.

dial800whocares
dial800whocares

I tested this fragrance out today and I have to say it really is quite beautiful. It is not a juicy orange, but rather almost the scent of a bitter orange peel that has somehow fell on a forrest floor.

I loved it!! It is VERY refreshing, natural smelling, and very very clean. Almost like a very classy soap.

The problem is the lasting power of this is about 20 minutes. Literally, its just gone. I know there is a concentrated version of it and I will have to try that one out.

But, really if you live in a warm climate and are looking for a classy citrus fragrance you should 100% check this one out.

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

This is one of my top favorites,specially in summer,and i also love the soap...
The first time i smelled this beautiful fragance was in a trip to Paris, i remember in the hotel i was staying there were Hermés Soaps in the Bathroom and fell in love with the fresh scent, inmediatly i ran to Galeries Lafayette to purchase the Frangance and the Soap.......

K1
K1

Whole my hometown in a drop of perfume! Whole our orange farm in a bottle!
Eau d'Orange Verte is the most transparent and the most successful greenish citric leafy smell I've ever known. Fairly the volume of optimistic happy summery casual leisure bitter green aroma is notable.
I made good memories out of this sent in whole my Mediterranean vacations. I just regret why doesn't they deliver its parfum version. Cologne is too short to pleasure.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I sampled some this morning (thanks kittykati!) and my husband said, "Eau Sauvage?". Now I can't get HIS suggestion out of my head!

It really DOES remind me of Eau Sauvage, which is a citrus aromatic. I get a blast of citrus (in particular orange and lemon). Only later do the florals peek through. It's lovely enough, but now I can't seem to shake
the connection between the two colognes -- especically since both my husband and father-in-law used to wear Eau Sauvage regularly.

It's a cold November day here, and I can absolutely see why this would be a warm weather scent. I'll tuck this sample away for a few months and see how I feel about it then.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A Scent that Evokes memories of younger days.I was a Little Surprised to hear that it is a UNISEX i think Eau D'Orange is not Too Feminine,More Appropriate for a Modern Man With Classic Taste. Subtle,Delicate,Clean, Refind,Freshness,Pleasant,Soft,Green and Citrusy.

It is a Naturally classic scent with a Refreshing mix of The Citrusy notes (Definitely Orange) as Opening is So Lovely Without Loud.It reminds me a Gentle Spring Breeze.In Fact an Elevating fragrance that Energizes the body and revives the Spirit.

This is a great fragrance to wear Everyday.Ideal for SPRING and SUMMER seasons Especially on days when the Sun and the Sky blends in absolutely perfect together with weather and a Light Breeze.I Recommend it for a Cheerful Character.

Sillage?Decent.

Longevity?I wish it had a better Longevity on my skin.

andrew85
andrew85

this is pure class, old school chic smell, i am young and i use this masterpiece... chic, chic and sofistication at its best... you can wear this almost everywere.. a high class, masterpiece interpretation of an eau de cologne.....

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

this is a wonderfull scent . such pure refinment and quality . it truly represents "HERMES" at its best.

the wonderfull zesty opening clamly cooling down to a tangy orange. this perfume is amazing in the summer , the only downside is that its off a little bit too fast !

otherwise this is one of the perfumes i like to call "eternal luxury" and "refined class" !

Désirée
Désirée

This is the only men's cologne that I can wear (and think I can pull off). I am a real fan of Hermes perfume house and I love UJSLN and Eau des Merveilles. If you are in to fragrances without sweet notes and if you like green-refreshing colognes this is one of the best. Great in very hot weather.

A wonderful old school, high-quality cologne. There is only one fault; it is quite faint, dissapears quickly.

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

I had a small sample bottle of this cologne. Was very reluctant to wear it, as it was uni-sex.

When I tried it on, out of curiosity, I was hit with a fan of orange, citrusy strips and a warm green flavour. An interesting cologne, though, as a girl, I tend to wonder... do girls wear cologne??

Upon opening the bottle, I was caught by surprise. Rich woody notes and a heated mint mixed with fresh orange and citrus fruits.

This cologne is both orange and green in a scent/sense and warms the wearer as if they are walking through a sunlit forest not far from an orange orchard. An excellent scent for any time of the day during those hot summer months.

Great on both men and women.

This cologne is light and tasteful during the summer season, being refreshing and smart, but needs a couple of re-applications here and there. A great scent. ^_^

Scent 6/10

Staying Power 5/10

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

i found myself turn to this cologne more often than any other perfume i have. because i live in a very hot climate country and everytime i wear this i'm wraped with freshness.

i'd like to call it a glass of Mojito!

Black Mask
Black Mask

Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte opens with an opulent and astringent BlAST of green (slightly bitter and somewhat sour) orange. At first I did not like the sour tang because I expected a sweeter more sedate orange. But now I cannot wait to finish shaving (with Cremo Cream, a traditional orange fragrance shaving cream) and get that arresting and delicious blast of tangy orange.

Perhaps my bottle of the cologne needed to breathe before it delivered the full ratin of all fragrances in its composition. Perhaps I just had to become accustomed to the blend. In any case, I now find that delcious slap to the senses a delightful mood elevator that makes me come to focus and alert.

A Warning: This is a short lasting fragrance with little lasting power, as is typical of all true citrus colognes. Following the tangy orange experience the cologne quickly settles close to the skin with light florals.

A pleasant citrus and floral air shadows the skin for a longer time than it appears to the wearer of the scent. In intimate moments with another person, they will either smell the echo of the fragrance, or it will sneak in just at conscious level.

I find that Mugler Cologne, another apparently short lasting "eau" blends well with Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte, especially after the Verte has dried down close to the skin. Both these evanescent concoctions last longer on me than most others report, but I believe that is because the wearer cannot smell these fragrances as well as an intimate companion. I find that they reinforce each other.

Many people will find Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte the most delightful citrus cologne they have experienced. It is a unique,invigorating, and fleeting experience. But it is also great fun, and a superior scent.

green green and green!if I could describe this fragrance in a color I would say it's all green.
this is absolutely a perfume from Herme.it has the familiar unique and unisex scent that you can't find in any other perfume of other company and like all of herme perfumes,it smells very natural,not necessarily nice,but something you don't feel uncomfortable while wearing it and it doesn't have any floral ingredients.
it has strong bitter and sour lemon scent mixed with green notes.it's not sweet at all and I don't feel any flower there,still it's unique and nice.but it's not for everybody.only those who like this kinds of unisex,natural smelling can wear it.

mariotgomez

Today I could not decide between this fragranc and that of CDG's Incense Series: Kyoto, so I mixed them together. Eau D'Orange Verte is the dominant scent.

What a beautiful and relaxing combination. I feel like I have walked through a jasmine field (notes from Eau D'Orange Verte) as I head toward a Buddhist Temple. Once I am walking up the stair to the entrance of the temple I pass baskets of citrus fruit offerings(notes from Eau D'Orange Verte). Once in the Temple the incense (from CdG:Kyoto)welcomes you.

Carla
Carla

Agree to agree with chocolateguy, this is so refreshing! If your into orange this is a good one This unisex fragrance is very similar to Bond No 9's Little Italy minus the heavier misty musk. Lasting power is perfect. I bought this for my husband and he likes it. He wears this and I wear Little Italy, a great couple combo fragrance which makes us feel ready for a trip to Florida, the sunshine state to catch a few rays and indulge in their famous OJ! (orange twist martini for me a screwdriver for him)!

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Full of orange! A wonderful combination of citrus notes -> a really refreshing feeling for one who wears it. Very attractive, just like a wind in the summer. I love it!

mariotgomez

Today I was in the mood to wear this fragrance but wanted to add a little talc note to it. I started off with Bvlgari Petits et Mamans body lotion.

The combination of these two scent reminded me of walking into a clean, newly born baby'd room with jamsime floral arrangement and a fresh fruit basket to the side of it.

I was stopped twice today to be asked "What are you wearing?"

soirdelune
soirdelune

Beautiful. Wear the Extreme for a significantly longer lasting scent.

mariotgomez

I enjoying wearing this fragrace in the Spring and Summer. It is a refreshing scent and light. Eau D'Orange Verte is not long wearing or over powering in hot climates(if desire longer wearing get the concentrate version).

Eau D`Orange Verte by Hermes 4.01 out of 5 based on 433 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Eau D`Orange Verte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Eau D`Orange Verte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau D`Orange Verte by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau D`Orange Verte by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.