Designers » F-H » Citrus « Groups

Eau d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men

Eau d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men
dislike

Eau d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men Pictures Eau d`Orange Verte Hermes for women and men Pictures

Eau d`Orange Verte is a classic fragrance based on Eau de Cologne Hermes created in 1979 by Françoise Caron. The author of the recreation (2009) is Jean-Claude Ellena. The fragrance is a part of Colognes collection of the House of Hermes.

Orange Mandarin Orange Amalfi Lemon Mint Cassis Oakmoss Patchouli

Eau D`Orange Verte
Grand Siecle Intense 7.1

Eau d`Orange Verte Fragrance Reviews

gerdbad
gerdbad

This is the only men's cologne that I can wear (and think I can pull off). I am a real fan of Hermes perfume house and I love UJSLN and Eau des Merveilles. If you are in to fragrances without sweet notes and if you like green-refreshing colognes this is one of the best. Great in very hot weather.

A wonderful old school, high-quality cologne. There is only one fault; it is quite faint, dissapears quickly.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

EdOV opens with a beautifully juicy orange note, which quickly slides into the heart, where nicely balanced orange oil (slightly bitter peel scent) meets lemon, mint, and bitter green cassia leaf.

Lovely, fresh, clean, energizing, but also elegant in its simplicity. I notice that other reviewers comment that they think this fits more on the male end of the spectrum, but I respectfully disagree :) I consider this fully unisex, and just as appropriate for a woman.

In the dry down, I do get a base of soapy white musk, although it's not listed. This is not as heavy as in most citrus scents, and doesn't overwhelm. Oak moss is subtle, as is mint, in this phase. The orange is gone, on my skin, but the lemon remains fresh and clear, light, and cheerful.

A very nice daytime scent. I actually get pretty good longevity, about 5 hours, but only minor sillage. Perfect for work wear, but being a citrus scent will probably require reapplication to make it through the day. I notice that the ads on this page imply a price tag of over $100- it is perhaps worth noting that I purchased this on the bay, and found 1 oz for under $15, shipping included.

For the price I paid, I consider this extremely good value, and one of the few unisex scents that I truly feel comfortable wearing.

RayF
RayF

This is my go-to-gym scent for almost two months now. Never fail to freshen and energize my athletic nerves:) Very true citrus, young, happy, simple but also chic. However the longevity is terrible because after my rountine 45-min workout, the scent disappers completely, like seriously completely.

Rabid Yeti
Rabid Yeti

This is amazing stuff. So much that it left an impression on me when I was a kid and could care less about fragrances. I first smelled it on my uncle and wondered what it was that made him smell so damn good. I never had that imprint with other fragrances that I had around me. Such as colognes that my dad was wearing at the time. It's unique, clean and masculine. It will always be a classic in my eyes.

Shaheen
Shaheen

Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte opens with an extremely natural smelling orange note that smells like both the actual fruit and the peel as well. This is my favorite orange-based fragrance. The base is green and mossy. Perfect for summer weather.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Beautiful and citrussy - the perfect cologne scent. If anyone misses the scent of Fa Citron Vert deo sticks from deep eighties, they should try this one - only it's waaaaay better, richer and more sophisticated - worth its price. I want it for the next summer!

Really nice stuff, the beginning is super citrusy, alot of orange there but the drydown is really really nice.It turns alot more green but still lingers on witht those citrusy notes which in the cologne are very well done. Its alot more manly and probably suit a man alot more than a women. Really good stuff. 7/10

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

The DNA is unmistakable....... Like that undeniable finger print... This has Jean Claude Ellena stamped all over it: I get an orange cocktail or sorts: bitter, sweet, Florida old South, a slight tangy lemon and a bit of patchouli & Vetiver to give it that depth........ Bravo yet again!

Very fresh, wonderfully blended, not too sour, not too green, all in all - perfect balance! Great cologne for summer.

Update: It can be worn by both genders, but I think that it is quite masculine. If I wore it, I would probably feel like wearing my boyfriend's T-shirt.
So here you are my short request:
Men, please wear it to make the world smell more beautiful!

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

If you live in a country as hot and humid as Japan between July and September then you will find a place in your heart for Eau de Colognes like this one. I don't get why people b*tch about the longevity. IT'S AN EAU DE COLOGNE. Yes it's expensive it's HERMES. Would you buy a tank top at Dolce and Gabanna and then complain that it wasn't worth the price because the sleeves were too short?
Having said that,
This cologne does exactly what it's supposed to do. It's especially refreshing in the heat and humidity and suitable for daytime and office use. I find the balance of fresh orange and bitter woody/mossy notes slightly more compelling than lemony grapefruity Eau de Colognes but equally well behaved. I loved the comparison to a good scruff beard, Siete Cueros. This would definitely be the one gentleman in a line of gentlemen in tuxedos who wasn't clean shaven but looked strikingly sexy and elegant nonetheless.
Good for grown ups in hot climates who ride trains full of sweaty people but can't overpower clients with longevity and sillage!

Blutengel
Blutengel

Expecting low longevity due to the cologne fact and reactions here, I was very surprised to got whiffs of this wonderful smell throughout the day. It's not very present, it's just there, more aura like. Apparently the sillage is pretty good. I sprayed 3 on my neck, 2 on my shirt and 1 on the hair. Did the trick very well. Once again proved my likings for Hermes.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

This is quite masculine on me but it's fresh and assertive - I like to wear it to work on hot summer days. Sadly it does not last very long, more of a linger on clothes or in hair, if at all. However, I always feel it is a little unprofessional to let all your co-workers share in you scent experience, that is not such a bad thing.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This review has been a long time coming. I originally bought and gave up on the Concentree because it was too flowery and weak. I later bought a mini shower gel, bubble bath, shampoo, and conditioner of EdOV, and enjoy the scent (except the shower gel which seems to have gone rancid!) but the products don't even work well. So now, back to the original cologne. As is so often the case with citrus, the true accomplishment is in the initial blast that greets you. Here, the citrus is bitter, sharp and green, like the moist grassiness of Eau de Campagne or Eau de Gentiane Blanche. Plus a very natural smelling lime. And I say it that way because sometimes I think the citrus is secretly just secondary to the wet grass. After as little as a minute, it's already shifting toward "Stuffy English Barber's West Indian Limes", still not sweet at all, with a reedy, bambooey aspect that makes me think of the newest version of Eau Sauvage. The wet grass is gone, leaving only a slight tinge. The refreshing citrus is gone. So what I'm left with in my assessment is an EdC that features a layer of Campagne or Gentiane on top of an Old Gentleman's Lime (not that I dislike those) but stuck with an OGL's terrible sub-EdC-range longevity. I can only give it a thumbs down because not only is there nothing left to smell after 5 minutes, but I've suffered a long and arduous ordeal trying to find a version of the scent, or its bath products, that really last and/or work, and none of it has really panned out. I'm sorry that my anger has led me to do this, but hell hath no fury like a consumer scorned.

jht4060
jht4060

Ellena's recreation of this scent (my 2014 bottle says "Concentre d'orange verte" on it) has a bitter-tart citrus peel top note that smells like a blend of orange and lime to me. The first bitter blast fades very quickly to reveal a pronounced green basil note. It doesn't last very long, but that is the nature of these volatile notes. Spraying on your clothes helps a bit because they are cooler and the oils evaporate slower.

I am not usually a big citrus fan, but this one is special. There is an elegance and balance to the blend of notes that turns my head. Based on this perfume, the Hermes Jardin series, and Bulgari The Vert, I declare that Jean-Claude Ellena is to fresh notes as Chistopher Sheldrake is to spicy oriental notes.

I wonder if technology can't come up with a time release method for top notes. Something like a nanobead that is loaded with perfume oil and starts to slowly release it when the ethanol evaporates. Or a chemical caging method in which a non-volatile moiety is covalently linked to the odorant and the linkage becomes unstable when exposed to air or water.

mluckyg
mluckyg

Bitter lime citrus freshness, green oakmoss and woody drydown. This is more of men cologne than for women. Ingredients smell natural.
Sillage is zero and longevity is minimal. You have to spray every hour.

GodlyGil
GodlyGil

This is a beautiful creation, with bright citrus notes and bitter base notes. Smells vaguely like a Lush store.

jelizani
jelizani

I first encountered Orange Verte in Paris around 2004 and it remains absolutely one of my favorites! Orange Verte achieves what others cannot: there is the perfect balance of citrus and greenness, a touch of sweetness and spice. It's also completely universal and would work equally well for men and women. Although it does dissipate rather quickly, I spritz my clothes because it clings to fabric more readily than to skin. It is the perfect scent to leave an impression on whomever comes *just* close enough. This bottle immediately transports me to the 12e, smoking naughtily, killing time before heading to Sunset that evening...

salvelinus
salvelinus

Juste parfaite!

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

News flash: The 2009 interpretation of Eau d'Orange Verte Eau de Cologne lasts. It calms considerably after 30 minutes or so, as does Bel Ami. It evolves. This is what quality fragrance is supposed to do! The instantly identifiable top notes of Eau d'Orange Verte settle like a falling leaf into a gentle green retro-chypre, as though it were a subtle en français rendition of Lauder for Men. The drydown is quiet, shhhh. But Jean-Claude Ellena's compositions last. For a sensual variation, layer this over Voyage d'Hermès Parfum.

ravjan
ravjan

The scent is gorgeous! Orangy, dry, zingy, green... unfortunately its longevity equals ZERO! It's gone in seconds. The only way to enjoy it is to carry a bottle and spritz yourself regularly during the day, which can be fun too. Still, if I had paid the regular store price I'd be pretty pissed now. Wonder if the 1979 original cologne lasted longer.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

huele fantastico, pero se va en 30 minutos, muy natural bomba de jugo de naranjas natural con una mescla de cedro tal ves q le da un toque algo antiguo, huele muy bien pero perdura poquito hay q sobreaplicarse, a todo esta funciona muy bien mesclandolo en capas con dolce gabanna for men vintage, pruevenlo en capas.

Siete Cueros
Siete Cueros

If the day needs more OOMPF! I pass on my R&G Farina, the Acqua di Parma and the Prada Oranger and reach for my Hermes Orange Verte. The others are like a good shave, smooth and gentle. Verte is like having a good stubble beard. It is assertive without cloying, not of orange blossom but more like Seville Orange (bitter), to me it is a bit tilted to a dry grapefruit note. It is forward and communicates an "I took the time to select a special cologne today". Yes, I know you will think I favor citrus notes - I do.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Wear this if you want to smell like an orange. Pass otherwise.

tweedlibrarian
tweedlibrarian

Ah, I used to wear this back in the early 90s, and bought a bottle a year or so ago and didn't like the way it smelled on me. I thought my body chemistry had changed but it makes sense that it was reformulated. I felt so sophisticated wearing it but now it reminds me of an old man's cologne.

capriciousworld
capriciousworld

My first impression of this:

This smells expensive. It's citrus (which I love), yet so much more than that. Not a fruity or sweet fragrance, but a dry, civilized citrus.

I picture leather saddles, traipsing around the countryside, well-tailored business suits.

Not a date night fragrance, as it doesn't have the slightest bit of girlishness. Yet when I have this on, I feel utterly myself. It makes me feel sophisticated, clean, professional. It smells cultured, for lack of a better term.

jonuiuc
jonuiuc

My new signature fragrance. Very versatile, light and devoid of offensive/cloying sweetness, I find I can wear this to work (some people at my job, are VERY scent sensitive) and almost anywear at any time. I don't get the "POW" of citrus that many people describe (even in the name), but this comes across altogether more green and grassy initially, and then mellows to a nice clean, but interesting scent. It is not as soap-y as my previous signature, Thierry Mugler Cologne (which is great, but I find more appropiate for days and informal/sports wear). Very distict but inoffensive, although projection and longevity are on the short side. This one is more for me anyway.

fragranaticafreak
fragranaticafreak

The opening smells like the rinds of a sour unripened orange. It's strong and smells expensive like a soap in an expensive Italian hotel. 20 minutes later it starts to smell like old man and strooong gasoline. Exactly like gasoline and tires. I'd call it a powdery bitter orange with gasoline on it. It's nice on the second whiff but I honestly have no idea where I'm gonna wear something like this. If you wear too much, it could be offensive. Like you just spilt gasoline all over yourself with an orange on the side.

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

The biggest dissapointment from the Hermes House.. An exemplary fresh scent that doesn't stay more than 30 mins on skin. It's like falling for a girl that you know will leave you the next day. I bought it for ridiculously fancy price and returned it right away. I better stick to my Terre d'Hermes.

alexandra.07
alexandra.07

I love this perfume for its pure and fresh scent.
In my opinion,it's the best fragrance in summer.
However, it stays on my skin for only more than one hour. It's a quite pity.

Singabera
Singabera

That's very natural citrus smell, I really feel freshness, but not the common or simple one. Essential for hot summer days))))

guest_chalu
guest_chalu

ihave i pice how Eau d`Orange Verte but its like a bottel.with cap .any one knw how to use Eau d`Orange Verte

DC-8
DC-8

Very amazing and refreshing citrus scent. It smells like lime. Really energetic and lovely. I just smelled the tester, didn't try on my skin, so have no idea about the sillage and longevity.

The impression of beautifully chosen bouquet of citrus spoils mediocre in its brutality plume patchouli. In essence, the original 1979 and its 2009 remake of the little distinguishable from one another, both locked in a man's aesthetics a la the 60 th - 70 th ... While it may be two hours to present themselves Belmondo ... Nostalgia ...

fragaga
fragaga

This is high-class, old-school, european-chic freshness.
It's all about citrus and wood.
All kinds of oranges are mixed here in all forms, the fruits and the leaves. Together with some cheeky lemon and slightly sharp mango and the beautiful and sophisticated notes of patchouli and oakmoss in the background.
This is a fresh, refreshing and vital, yet incredibly sophisticated perfume.
So different from the releases today so you might first have to get used to it, but then you'll love it! :-)

edit: I am talking about the original version from 1979.

Eau d`Orange Verte by Hermes 4.02 out of 5 based on 284 ratings and 34 user reviews

Eau de Cologne 1.6oz
HERMES Eau d'orange verte 3.3 oz Concentre Eau de Toilette Spray
Eau de Cologne 6.7oz
HERMES Eau d'orange verte 6.7 oz Eau de Cologne Bottle
HERMES Eau d'orange verte 6.7 oz Eau de Cologne Bottle
Eau D'orange Verte Perfume by Hermes, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Concentre Refillable Unisex for Women
Eau D'orange Verte Cologne by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Cologne Unisex for Men
Eau D'orange Verte Cologne by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Cologne Unisex for Men
Eau D'orange Verte Perfume by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Cologne Unisex for Women
Eau D'orange Verte Perfume by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Cologne Unisex for Women
Eau D'orange Verte Perfume by Hermes, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Concentre Unisex for Women
Eau de Cologne 3.3oz
Eau D'orange Verte Perfume by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Cologne Spray Unisex for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Eau d`Orange Verte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hermes Eau d`Orange Verte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau d`Orange Verte by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau d`Orange Verte by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.