Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée Hermes for women and men

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée Hermes for women and men
dislike

tropical
Eau de Mandarine Ambrée Hermes for women and men Pictures Eau de Mandarine Ambrée Hermes for women and men Pictures

The refreshing collection Les Colognes Hermes is expanded by another two fragrances in 2013: Eau de Mandarine Ambree and Eau de Narcisse Bleu. Fragrance Eau de Mandarine Ambree offers delicately warmed citrusy notes of mandarin combined with sweet fruity accords of passion fruit. The base incorporates amber cuddling the skin and provides a warmer impression. Available as 100ml and 200ml EDC.

Mandarin Orange

Passionfruit

Amber

Orange Sanguine

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée Fragrance Reviews

Scensodine
Scensodine

This is a wonderful scent that reminds me of my childhood. It's just like the orange sweets that i used to eat when i was on vacation with my parents in France!
The scent seems to fade away but every now and then you get a nice whiff of it again, hmmmm!
It's a little sweet, fresh and tremendously tasty!!!
A big thumbs up for me :-)

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Another delightful citrus creation I really enjoy!
It's simple and linear, but it doesn't bore me.
Right from the start I smell the realistic fresh and juicy scent of freshly peeled mandarins combined with the sweetness of amber.
As it dries down the amber tones down the freshness of the mandarin a bit, embodying it with a warm and sensual (even slightly powdery) veil.
Longevity might not be the best, but I still get a decent 3 - 4 hours out of it, while it stays close to the skin.
♥♥♥♥

Mandarin scent. At first it is fresh and nice, but after some time, unfortunately it starts to be too sour on my skin.
Not for my skin chemistry, I am afraid.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is actually a bitter, fresh, evocative, tasty mandarin, quite pleasant and "realistic", on a delicate amber/vanilla base and with a tiny fruity/peppery note. Green leafy feel around, with a slight salty/metallic note which will eventually come up more clearly later one. A bit static and monodimensional, but pleasant. Longevity is so short it's not even an issue - a blink of an eye, and it's gone, you're left a really subtle ambery-green-salty drydown.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

This reminds me of my auntie Valerie - whom I am very fond of, no idea what her perfume is but it smells like a room that she is in. I guess that fits with the "childhood memory" aspect others have mentioned, there is something very clean and familiar about this smell, with a little twist. The mandarin became more orange blossom on me after a while but without that cloying element that usually makes me hate orange blossom scents. Will definitely consider buying this.

Jafer
Jafer

I tray this colong in airport. Yaaak so stinky remind me exactly of mandarin peel after you eat and the smell stick in your hand.

SillySue
SillySue

I don't know how they did it. Magic??

I only have five words for this juice: My. Childhood. In. A. Bottle.

LUV ♥♥♥♥

K1
K1

Nothing is better than the moment a fragrance makes a flashback to nice memories. For me this simple monotonic aroma is just my childhood in our citrus farm in the early morning when the light mist covers all the trees and their leaves to make thousands of diamond drops that shine in early morning sunshine. Suddenly, you pick up a mandarin and destroy the tranquility of the farm!
This is just all about delicious inoffensive happy citric loneliness, fragile like a bubble.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I liked the initial orange blast but not the impermanence of the scent, which only existed on my cotton shirt after about a half hour. Poor longevity. I was hoping the amber would extend the experience, but it didn't.

My daughter and wife both agreed: "Too citrusy."

mseidoom
mseidoom

This starts out with a big blast of orange. Later, it started to smell like Hermessence Rose Ikebana to me, but it still had the heavy orange note. I wish it was a little sweeter. I see that Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne is a choice for something similar, but that fragrance smells like orange from start to finish.

Mas777
Mas777

I like citrus scents, but, in this case.... :/ It starts with very strong mandarine notes, but quite soon it turns to a bitter, warm and disgusting kind of amber (or a similar thing!) that I never smelled before in an Ellena's fragrance. :(( I'll never buy it!

netcat
netcat

On me, it smells nothing like the notes or previous reviews would suggest. It does not smell fresh, or like a real mandarin, there is no juicyness or warmth, and it does not remind a cologne either. It's almost as if I tried a completely different perfume from other reviewers - and I like cologne-ish and unisex perfumes and they usually smell good on me!

All I get, unfortunately, is soap. A hard, dry bar of soap on a store shelf or in a drawer, where it's been standing for quite some time, dry and a bit bitter. Soap in the beginning, soap in the middle, and soap in the end. Obviously some sort of more expensive soap, scented with something that is supposed to be some kind of sweet citrus fruit probably but does not smell anywhere like the real thing and anyway, the faint fruit tinge is smothered by the blaring soap accord.

I'm truly puzzled.

It was a cold evening though and my skin was cold when I spritzed myself. Perhaps that makes a difference?

Catnip
Catnip

I appreciate Elena’s style although I never felt compelled to wear his colognes, so I was not too eager to go out of my way and sniff the new Eau de Mandarine Ambree and Eau de Narcisse Blue. Based on reviews, I expected to like Eau de Narcisse Blue better as it was described as more complex and intriguing. Also, while I like the natural smell of citruses and mandarins in real life, in perfumery, they can often smell cheap and plain boring.

Thus, I was really surprised that I liked Eau de Mandarine as much as I did. No, it is not complex, but sometimes, and especially in the hot and humid summer, it is exactly simplicity or at least the illusion of simplicity that could be most enticing.

Eau de Mandarine starts out fresh, natural, and downright mouthwatering. This fresh feeling never goes away and while the mandarin note clings to my skin, it warms up even further by the touch of something spicy. I don’t really sense much amber here. In fact, at times, I think I feel even some blond, very light incense. It is a fragrance designed for a steamy, tropical day and is quite refreshing. For a cologne, it lasts pretty long on me. If you are after a fresh and natural-smelling summer fragrance, with just a touch of a warm spice, Eau Mandarine Ambree is worth a try.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

This is a very nice and "sunny" fragrance. The mandarin in the opening smells very fresh and natural. In the drydown, sweet (really sweet) amber envelops the mandarin accord. It smells like juicy mandarins dipped in honey. It projects moderately and lasts over six hours on my skin. Not sure I would wear it, but it's really good, so why not try it?

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

Im wearing this now. A very realistic mandarin accord with a warm spicy, almost incensey amber accord. Beautiful. Year round appropriate. I would especially like this for fall.

jovejove
jovejove

Too much mandarin. I wish it was toned down a bit. Smells like I just walked in a room that just had its wood polished with Orange Glo or when you can't get that smell of oranges off of your fingers from peeling into the zest. Too linear of a fragrance for me, never develops into something else on my skin; start to finish, it's the same scent and projects way too much for me for a crisp scent. Narcisse Bleu is so much better. I might have to come back to this in the future to give it a second chance.

areyouin729
areyouin729

I did not like this one and I was excited; the amber is just too much in it. I feel like it doesn't have an identity and is confused about whether it wants to be a straight citrus scent or a new take on Eau D'Orange.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Perfect rendition of fresh, juicy mandarine accompanied by amber that raises the temperature of the zesty fruits and reminds me of hot, golden sand. I think it's unisex enough to be enjoyed by a man but on me it's perfectly feminine, fresh and it screams SUMMER.

Karenin
Karenin

"Eau de Mandarine Ambree" (EdMA) from the house of Hermes is one of those rare scents whose name very accurately reflects the actual composition of the fragrance.

To me, EdMA is about mandarin orange from head to toe, joined by amber in the middle stages of its development. Thanks to its incredibly natural-smelling citric note, EdMA´s sparkling and pleasantly invigorating, whereas the amber softens the whole composition and adds a pinch of sweetness to it. "Delightful", "joyful", "refreshing" and "calming" are four adjectives that best describe the effect this fragrance has on me. Being an eau de cologne, EdMA´s longevity, sillage and projection are nothing to shout about, but while it lasts, it is a top-notch summer scent.

EdMA is a worthy addition to the Hermes cologne family.

Youggo
Youggo

It starts with the bitter freshness of citrus, in a pure Cologne style, very close to l'Eau d'Orange Verte at this point.
And it turns to a medicinal mandarin, in a good way. Something quite similar to Mister Marvelous by Byredo, but less aggressive.
It slowly evolve being smoother, sweeter, but never too sugary or fruity. There is something warm in it, but nothing close to amber to my nose.
 Very persistent with a nice trail.
And it ends with a discrete and abstract note of passionfruit.
Very nice, very comfortable to wear. Rather manly (in my opinion) because of the top notes, but it can be perfect on a woman too.

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermes 3.82 out of 5 based on 163 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Eau de Mandarine Ambrée fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Eau de Mandarine Ambrée, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.