Designers » F-H » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Equipage Hermes for men

Equipage Hermes for men
dislike

Equipage Hermes for men Pictures Equipage Hermes for men Pictures Equipage Hermes for men Pictures Equipage Hermes for men Pictures Equipage Hermes for men Pictures

Équipage: created by Guy Robert in 1970, the first masculine perfume from Hermès is characterized by an ambiance that is both sober and virile. Aromatic spicy and woody, its fragrance is an equal balance between strength and delicacy, the liveliness of herbs and the power of spices, on a base of smooth wood notes.

Aldehydes Orange Clary Sage Nutmeg Flower Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood

Carnation Cinnamon Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Pine Tree Needles

Tonka Bean Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vanilla Vetiver

Equipage Fragrance Reviews

Housebliss
Housebliss

Subtle, calming, wonderful manly fragrance. I don't use the word manly a lot when it comes to fragrances, but this evokes the memory of what your dad or uncle would smell like when you were a child.

Apparently the vintage version was heavier on the leather. The current version is bright, and I can detect a soft leathery undertone. However, I don't really like too much leather in fragrances, so I'm glad it smells the way it does as of today.

It lasts a very long time, and sillage is very good. It doesn't scream, but surrounds you with a nice aura. Two sprays on the chest and one on the neck seems to be perfect. It smells great on clothing as well, so it will help emphasize the longevity and sillage.

I find this to be similar to Aramis JHL and Tuscany. I like both of those, but they come off as too "heavy" for daily wear. What they share in common is that comforting smell, although I find Equipage to be the better option. It's not too loud, but it will get noticed (women really like it). It can work any season, day or night. It's a fragrance I like from start to finish.

pronose
pronose

great classic scent although the formula has changed but still it's worthy!

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
کاری است همانند دیگر کارهای این برند با دوام
راحه ای خوب و مورد پسند دارد
وجود نت های از سدر - میوه کاج - دارچین - پرتقال - جوز هندی - نعنای هندی - میخک - گل یاس - مشک - وانیل و ...
معجونی ساخته است که خوشبو بوده و از لحاظ دوام خیلی عالی می باشد
البته همانند تمامی عطرها نوع خود پوست و تعریق بدن اشخاص در بازپس دادن رایحه ای خوب و قابل قبول متفاوت می باشد گاهی بهترین عطرها روی بدن شخصی بواسطه تغذیه و نوع پوست و حتی آب و هوای منطقه ای بوی خوشی را بوجود نمی آورد و حتی آنرا بد بو می گرداند و بالعکس آن هم می تواند صادق باشد عطری معمولی اگر با آیتم های مورد نظر خوب تلفیق شود رایحه ای دلپذیر بوجود خواهد آورد
مردانه و گرم
شرقی و ادویه ای
تلخ و سنگین
دوام و پخش بو خیلی خوب
با تقدیم احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

TeaforTwo
TeaforTwo

This is terrific. A perfume to make one feel calm and confident, and somehow well-organized. This one I would recommend for job interviews, it just exudes trustworthiness and competence. Wonderful.

manos1965
manos1965

One of the best opening in whole male perfumery.Astonishing aldehydes layning in pine and rosewood.Masterfull blending by great Guy Robert.The drydown and staying power are not so great.A must have for every perfume lover.A classic masterpiece.

kikiwendra
kikiwendra

Top notes similar to VCA Tsar, then I struck spices and very exotic herbs, but that is more sensual .. elegant and wild at the same time..
(I do not understand how to describe, but you can use the analogy of building design : decon[struction])
Surprisingly, the beautiful scent structure in front 'destroyed' (in a good way) by the eccentric sting herbs then.

Overall, I'm really surprised by this one, and I love it.

[ Thank you Astrid.. ]

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

Clean, soft and elegante, yet masculine. Everyday or formal. I like this.This is a beautiful fragrance. I hope it has staying power on me. Than it would be perfect.I need to wear it for a few days to know for sure.

fuggerone
fuggerone

everything has already been said..all I can add is that when I wear the last version of this perfume the feedback with ladies is incredible, it is not stuff for kids!

cromwellian
cromwellian

Ericrico is without a doubt the best review of this fragrance,particularly in respect of the nuances between the vintage iterations.I have to agree with him in respect of the vintage iterations.I have both vintage types and agree.I prefer the second version as it is slightly more floral,sandalwood and carnation - first is more austere but oakmoss and leather is still there in the dry down.
Many years ago I worked in a mining museum and I used clean the horse bridles with saddle soap and the smell will always remind me of Hermes Equipage - not new,raw leather,like you get with new shoes,or a new bag - but that fantastic old leather and polish smell that stinks of class and money - Equipage I think wears close to the skin and falls down a little in the silage and projection stakes,compared to other powerhouse fragrances around the same time and now - but I think,as some one once said,you are aware of it and you are aware of its presence and that is how it works,it's for you the wearer to enjoy.

Yushcan
Yushcan

after one hour is 500% identical to Bijan for man. Both from the same era of Chic and old fashion Charm. Must be in a collection, but only one of them )))

maio2012
maio2012

Very different from the many "mee-too" fragrances designed for young smart boys that think they will never grow old.
It is a fragrance for a man that has nothing to prove for the others and for himself. Very, very elegant.

spaniel
spaniel

Nice, but why bother?

Understated, classy and refined, but so discreet that you might as well be wearing nothing at all. Makes you smell 10 years older. Richer, maybe; but older.

Woody, grassy and slightly herby on the drydown. Well made, but.....meh.

Perigee
Perigee

Live and learn, I guess. In the past, I have been a pretty vehement advocate of "Scent as a Statement"; a stink with purpose. Well, Equipage (original formulation) has no purpose. No statement beyond "I am fuzzy sweater comfy."

And I like it. A lot. Because when my life calms down and my sense of mission relaxes (rarely), I've found that "I am fuzzy sweater comfy" is a pretty nifty statement to be able to make.

Equipage is an oldie, especially in its original seventies form, and it does dry down to barbershop talc-y. But whatever that was supposed to mean forty years ago, all it means today is cool comfort. And as such, it comes with an incredibly wide range of wearing options. At home in a snuggy? Go for it. At work and no stress or strive? Ease in with this. Sunset with a margarita and Hawaiian shirt? You're cool, smooth and easy.

The trick here is No Mission. No Deadlines. No Making an Impression. No Dropping Panties. Nada. There are a bunch of scents that fill this hole with some kind of "THIS SPACE FOR RENT" bleah blase anonymous spacefiller; Equipage makes Nothing Special a statement in itself.

Of course, it is an Oldie. Not exactly geriatric, but definitely a clubman ("a man who is a member of one or more clubs, especially a member of a gentleman’s club"), classic scent, and not really a young man's first choice for "Chillin'." Whippersnappers should have an edge, even at rest, and Equipage is about as edgy as an egg.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Someone go tell Creed Orange Spice that this is how it's done! This is among the most "barbershoppy" of my designer-brand samples, which I don't normally like but for some reason it doesn't bother me much here...probably because the anise isn't sticking out much. It's rather sweet, but the spices are very bracing so they cut the sweetness well. It's quite traditional, and might border onto "old man" territory, but not the acrid, pungent 70s/80s type: more like a 50s/60s executive's aftershave. This was one of my first samples, and at one point I nearly threw it out for being too orangey and not interesting enough, but I've since realized that it's extremely well-balanced, with nothing obviously obtrusive or missing. The only thing I don't like is that the base becomes slightly more anisy and stodgy, though also woodier which I like. So go buy some...if not to blow anyone's mind, then at least for a scent that knows how to behave in all types of company.

Dick Turpin Esq
Dick Turpin Esq

I had 3 pints of Seafarers Ale in London last night at Ye Olde Mitre pub in London and so it probably wasn't the most scientific experiment to take the underground to Selfridges and try out both Equipage and Rocabar at the Hermes boutique. I had great hopes for Equipage, I really wanted it to have a robust pine note reminiscent of the pine woods of summer in New Zealand during my boyhood. Mindful as I am of the superb legacy of Guy Robert, sadly I was underwhelmed by this. It did transport me to my youth, but not the sun dappled woodlands of Highland Park Wellington NZ, with its pine and conifers, but rather the smell of Glasgow General Hospital Pediatric ward in 1977 when I was in for a mini-hernia. I detect no pine in this, but rather a soapy creamy note that might be informed by the lily, jasmine and the strong nutmeg flower accord. It certainly smells unique, and has good silage but on my sweaty summer skin, after 3 pints of ale, well this just smelt like baby talc, freshly laundered trauma bandages, and antiseptic cream. As far as the advertising goes - the team of rowing men - well this is a misnomer. The fragrance smells feminine, not in a sweet way, but in a floral bouquet - like a bowl of potpourri that has faded in the sun and left just one or two notes dominate, of which you cannot reasonable discern their origin. Its the smell of a sexy 53 year old Matron on her rounds, flesh colour stockings, crisp apron, no make up save for some pink blusher, and just a little deodorant under her gently perspiring armpits.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Starts with a blast of vetiver and citrus (mostly orange) and is a bit cloying for the first few minutes. But then it mellows a bit and the woody notes come forward. This is where Equipage is at its best to me. Classy and well made. Longevity is excellent and sillage is just enough to announce its presence without overwhelming. A winner.

Aaron H
Aaron H

You know the old adage - Everything Old Is New Again - well, I think it's a good one for this fragrance.
This fragrance is boozy, aldahydic, spicy, woody & slightly balmy fruity/floral. It's got it all but in elegant moderation. I would compare it to eating that perfect Cajun Gumbo for the first time.

I want to say it's in the same family as an Eau Sauvage but it's a little more sophisticated with less citrus and a little more earthy herbiness and a dash more cinnamon spice.

Wesley you should definitely give this one a try on it's own and wear it on a nice night out with the one you love. For me it's one of those quintessential masculine scents that I wear to the fancy dress affairs.
It's one of the only fragrances my wife asks me to wear by name before an elegant night out.
This would honestly be my signature scent if Acqua Di Gio didn't get me my first date with my wife.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Very nice, but... just over the edge of being a bit too feminine on me.

Or perhaps it suffers in comparison to the Bel Ami I sprayed on the other arm while visiting the Hermes store.

Perhaps I should simply try it on its own...

----

Tried it for a day. It's... soft. Somewhat floral and mildly mossy. Perhaps it has been tweaked and reformulated from whatever it was before by Jean-Claude Ellena, the current Hermes head nose, so that it bears some resemblance to the other light and transparent Hermes scents.

It's sort of the Perry Como of men's fragrances: restrained, understated, nothing virile, quietly modulated. How mild is this stuff? I tried some and asked my wife what she thought: "It reminds me of my grandmother."

Will I be buying a bottle? Nahhhhh.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

At the start it is very woody and dry with a mixture of rosewood and vetiver. After this like the sun peeking out of the clouds you get, pine,jasmine and carnation showing itself behind the woods.

The scent is very elegant and restrained as it does not shout but whispers it's presence.

I like it as it's subdued but also quietly compelling as well. Very nice.

Thegamma
Thegamma

This is not similar with Guerlain Derby, Equipage is light version of Derby, In Guerlain Derby more spicy and strong nutmeg, Equipage less spicy and more citrusy on top notes, nice drydown ,suitable for formal occasions.

Rating : ****

Endymion
Endymion

This is gorrrrrgeous!!! :)
Although Hermés is not one of my favourite houses - I think their products are extremely overpriced - but I must admit, Equipage is really great! I was lucky to purchase a tester bottle for relatively cheap and I am spellbound :)
Not to say, it's an oldschool fragrance however it doesn't smell "old". Fortunately, it's not sweet - just a little, litte bit - but woody, spicy and dry but in an "oily" way if you know what I mean. Pretty aromatic, fills your nose beautifuly. Best season to wear it is winter I think, and autumn too. Definately, a brown and dark green atmosphere.
For me it's a little bit hard to pull of because of the oldschool vibe, but it's so gorgeous that I don't mind it wearing with modern outfit either ;)
Try it while you can, it's getting very hard to get, probably getting exclusive distribution!

williamvargas
williamvargas

nice smelling fragrance, reminded me of the original gucci splash cologne that was available around the mid to late 70's a very nice classic fresh crisp scent with some citrus and some mossy quality to it..
what this does remind me of more so is Mennen skin bracer had a fragrance or aftershave called wild moss. I still have some of that that I found on the internet, still smells wonderful , but immediately thought of that one...this is superior in quality with out doubt but the essence of this fragrance is very similar to me.

michael
michael

I just recently acquired a full splash bottle(vintage) of Equipage and find it to be a close to the skin marvel perfect for the office, movies, a room full of company etc. It is positively elegant and has exceeded all my expectations. I don't know what the reformulation,if there is a reformulation, is like, I just hope Hermes keeps making this little masterpiece.

juancar_66
juancar_66

No me gusto la fragancia, se parece a otras Amaderadas-Orirntales, pero esta es mucho más cara, es demasiado fuerte y se corre el riesgo de marearse, ademas aunque tiene algunas notas màs dulces y suaves estas se ven solapadas por otras muy amaderadas y algo amargas, yo no lo compre, pienso que no me agradaria su estela en la noche por ejemplo, y no la veo fuera del Otoño o Invierno, es muy pesada, personalmente creo que se parece bastante a Derrick de Orlane y a una nueva de Oscar de la Renta, no vale la pena por tanto gastar tanto dinero en esas condiciones,,,,

oxm
oxm

The opening of this fragrance leaves early stunned by so much power, they come up to me echoes epic Yatagan, but soon evolves into a dark wood and dusty, a kind of birch wood, Hermes has many arrows in his bow and this is one of the more pointed, if at the time was considered a colony of sporting interest only, is now a universal colony which lifts the thoughts back in time and back to childhood, this could be the progenitor of Terre but has a class unparalleled.
Summer and autumn are the best seasons of his propitious,
dry in the bottom of the trail has few equals.

lisa o
lisa o

so nice!!!! I tested for my husband, now I want it all for myself...

fanny
fanny

Classic Perfection.

Its perfectionism or conservatism doesn't disturb me in the least, like it seems to bother some reviewers before me or prevents them from wearing it.
Scents (a l m o s t) cannot be too classic nor perfect for my taste.
I know the feeling though, it happened to me with Balmain Ambre Gris: it was so good, it just wasn't me..
Perfection indeed can be boring, one needs an edge in perfume in whichever way. To me, that is the crux of perfume.

Maybe because this is a male scent (I'm not a man), Equipage creates that essential edge on me.

K1
K1

Equipage is awfully perfect and flawless! Rightfully remarkable vintage elegant semi-sportive woody green artwork. It's dusty, mellowly warm and high class. Reminds you the moment sun rays appear from beyond clouds after a rain in a pine forest. Unlike most of vintage sport fragrances, Equipage is not rough nor aggressive, rather it's fine and gentle. This is the difference between ping-pong and fencing!

Ps: Couldn't stand without this fresh bomb in my wardrobe so I purchased it. This is just stunning; I'm really pleased and satisfied. What a nice thing I found!

jrichart
jrichart

En una frase ''refinamiento sin aristas'' esta frase es la que podría resumir la elegancia y discreción de esta mágnifica fragancia que es Equipage de Hermès. Equipage de Hermès supuso un punto de inflexión en mi decantación definitiva por una familia olfativa, ya que Equipage me hizo ver que en el fondo y de acorde a mi personalidad no me iban las fragancias intoxicantes, almizcladas, saturadas, sexuales, etc como eran Arabie, Black Oud, Ambre Sultan, etc, que me llegaron a gustar sino que me iban las fragancias discretas, elegantes y sutiles como es Equipage. Y es que quien podría estar en desacuerdo con una fragancia tan exquisita, elegante y sutil como es Equipage de Hermès?, Equipage es un madera helecho semioriental con tintes chipres maravillosamente balanceado y simple en sus ingredientes como debe ser un perfume elegante. Equipage es una amalgama de notas florales, aromáticas, especiadas y amaderadas en menor medida que hará las delicias de los que gusten fragancias tipo gentleman, elegantes y discretas. Como curiosidad y pese a no ser un experto en esto de la perfumería he notado en Equipage un dejo o recuerdo de algunas fases o notas de Derby versión reformulada de Guerlain. Lo recomiendo para primavera o verano tanto ya sea día tarde o noche, especialmente para salidas formales o actos formales en un rango de edad de 20 a 60 años.

ericrico
ericrico

The first masculine release (1970) from the wonderful house of Hermes. Excellence & class poured into a bottle. The nose - Guy Robert. This is a beauty.

I am very blessed to have a Vintage Bottle of Hermes Equipage (light brown cap)- "aerospray" with 90% vol. One of the first masculine bottlings that utilized a very well-made and sturdy atomizer! The gorgeous aldehydes infuse the rich top notes of crisp bergamot, clary sage and rosewood. I get the carnation note right underneath and its bloom is full and sharp (and develops into an earthy carnation-clove note while the scent warms on your skin). This is gentleman fragrance - old-school, yes...but absolutely beautiful and timeless! How does one describe this better than a combination of Shamus1 (inspiring and honest), jtd (awesome olfactory notes & scent development) and suburbanites (perspective)?!?

To me, there are notes here that are presented in a fashion that is revelatory. I have a passion for Vintage fragrance that is always going to be relevant (including many classic Aromatic Fougeres, Chypres, and Leather scents - this is classified as an Oriental Fougere). Like others, it transcends both classifications and time. Guy Robert created a masterpiece in 1970 in Equipage! It lives on with those of us who care to take the time and respect true refinement in fragrance. My score - 9.5+/10. To be worn on special occasions...I look forward to it as I will do so with respect and confidence. I am not yet 40, but no concern. Elegant, proper attire is a must.

**Update** - After losing Guy Robert (RIP) a few days ago, I came back and sprayed this on my arm. I enjoyed numerous fragrances of his in honor of the remarkable legacy and creations he left behind. This is, simply, magnificent. No other scent has ever been created like it...and no one ever will. A scent that I adore and treasure. Merci Monsieur Robert! A masterpiece fragrance...forever, timeless.

I have since acquired several Original Vintage and Vintage bottles with the Lucite/Bakelite "wheel" caps...both EdT and After Shave lotion. Splash and spray. I do not own any current version. There is a slight difference in the feel of Original Vintage (slight more "focused" and austere, with a bit more aldehydes, a touch more sharpness to the vetiver and a dollop more moss; while the newer Vintage has a more 'velvety' feel with added spices and is a bit more 'plush' in vibe). Both are truly exceptional and wear exquisitely - the late dry downs are almost identical - so don't get hung-up too much. It is the feeling in the heart and transition into the base where you get the slightly different "vibe" - more 'how' not 'what'. The notes are the same - just a feel that is slightly unique...and subtlely different. I adore them both. In the end, Vintage Equipage (Original or Newer Vintage) is, for me, a composition that is a must in my collection. Once you wear it (just once), you will never forget it. I have adjusted my score since further wearings (including some gorgeous one when I layered Vintage After Shave with the EdT). This is very near perfection in a bottle for me...

jtd
jtd

There is a way to get a spareness in overall feel that come from a well considered complexity. This is Equipage’s great success. The accords found in Equipage I’m sure have many building blocks, but the fragrance has one precise inflection. There is a cold sharpness that is not harsh, but precise. Equipage has a tone that reminds me of how sound travels through cold, dry air in winter. There is a snap and a crispness that doesn’t say, “fresh," but “frosty.”

Bergamot can have a silver/grey feel to it, but combined with a clove-like, peppery carnation and pine, it feels positively nippy. Even the herbal elements work in the same direction. What seems like clary sage and tarragon add a minty or camphorous bit that lines up squarely with both the pine and the carnation. As things progress, woody aspects enter. But here too, it’s not creamy or warm, although it is very smooth. Vetiver and moss keep things cool by making it feel just a little damp. There seems to be something like rosewood, which might warm the cheeks a bit, but it can’t really thaw the overall sensation.

Interestingly, Equipage works well in both warm and cool climates. When it’s cool out, Equipage feels snappy and crisp. In the heat it has a cooling “menthol” effect. Some see this as a chypre, some a fougère and others as an aromatic wood. I can see chypre, though I don’t really get the fougère vibe, and lean toward floral spicy wood. This neither/nor doesn't muddy the waters a bit. It makes Equipage subtle but distinctive.

Scentrist
Scentrist

The first time I smelled Equipage, I fell in love with it. It was masterful, refined, conservative, yet it had character and finesse in how all of the ingredients were rendered. I simply adore it, and it's bloody difficult once you've worn it to not make it an every-day type of fragrance. In a word, distinguished.

I've experienced no problems with strength and longevity. If I apply it at 5:30 in the morning, my wife will still smell it at 7:30 at night, quite a feat for an EDT and a testament to its quality. As the day progresses, it becomes more subtle and calming yet still retains its charm and character. I do have caveats, however.

It's not a blind-buy. I'm seeing its presence expand again a bit, so it is becoming more available outside the Hermes boutiques. It's definitely worthy of trying, and give it some time (hours rather than mere minutes). This is also not a fragrance for anyone under the age of 40. Period. There are certain scents that won't be understood or translate well to a much younger audience, Equipage is one of those. It's also not a lightweight "citrus/aquatic". Try it, you'll see. Someone said that it's an Executive Boardroom type of scent, and with that I couldn't agree more. It's also just as appropriate for a weekend outing in the fall and winter. This is not a scent that you're lukewarm about, though. It's distinct, unapologetic for its style, and deserving of a place in my top 5 favorite fragrances. Some things can't be improved upon, Equipage is one of them.

Grottola
Grottola

Maybe something is wrong with my nose, but I can't help associating Equipage with the smell of a Lush store. Forget Elixir de Merveilles; this is the smell of Lush, bottled. I know Equipage came way before Lush was even a twinkle in anyone's eye, but the association with smell is just that strong, I guess. I'll have to try Equipage a few more times before really getting into it. I wouldn't wear it, but I think it's a quality fragrance. Extremely unique yet conservative.

girasolina
girasolina

Davvero notevole, lo immagino su un uomo diverso dagli altri uomini che fanno il bagno negli esperidati, muschiati insignificanti più del sapone per lavare le mani. Solo sfugge troppo presto al piacere....sillage sempre troppo breve per il maestro Ellena....

Aromaticus
Aromaticus

Lujooooo!!!
Uno se perfuma con Equipage y se siente como un aristocrata en la campiña francesa, durante una merienda en el atardecer veraniego.
O envuelto por una bufanda caliente, ligera y de gran calidad ¡Hermés, claro! Que calidez provoca en invierno.
Y ahora me voy a la Ópera,
Eso es Equipage

Equipage is beautyful. Nothing I really would like to wear but definitely one I'd totally appreciate on a person seating next to me. It takes roughness and turns it into refinement. It shows you the differences between smelling a tobacco seed and the finished expensive cigar made out of it. Between a very old leather couch stocked in the cellar and the same old couch that instead had a great mainteinance with valuable oils and greases. I'm more into rougher interpretation of the tobacco/leather scents but I totally appreciate refinement and, for sure, I can't stop taking off my hat in front of this absolute masterpiece. Chapeau!

Rating: 8.5/10

John E Buoy
John E Buoy

I do like Equipage, and it has a time and a place to be worn. This is better suited to the older demographic. It is a conservative scent, but not too soft to go un-noticed. It lasts for quite a while on the skin.
This would be ideal to be worn at a professional meeting when you are going to pitch a sale at a CEO of a large organisation, or a funeral, and I don't mean that in a bad way. In those situations you should not wear something that shouts, there are more important matters or people in these situations, but you can still smell nice.

Vanartus
Vanartus

My very first aftershave 1971 Manchester...

floriana
floriana

So classy, elegant, refined, timelles.
I tested it today after few years, and I really like it.
So sophisticated, for real gentleman

According to the NST blog, the listed notes are: "...bergamot, lily of the valley, carnation, jasmine, pine, rosewood, tonka bean, vetiver and patchouli." The drydown is dry yet rich. Neither the vetiver nor the patchouli are too strong, which is what sometimes bothers me about these vintage scents that are not especially complex. Overall the balance is great, and the only issue that some might have is that it's not very dynamic. However, because the ingredient quality is good, it doesn't get boring. I have a vintage formulation, which I think was the first, and I can't speak to newer ones.

jtappenden
jtappenden

I remember this fragrance with great affection.It really is a very top quality men's product & highly recommended.

getcarter
getcarter

Equipage is not modern but nor is it fusty and staid. It has a restrained warmth: elegance bottled. An unexpected carnation note underscored with spices (clove, nutmeg, pepper) leading to a leathery base (the oakmoss & vetiver). It works well in winter and even here in the tropics. I feel well dressed when I wear it. Why it can dress-up a T-shirt and shorts. I'll admit I like many Hermes scents. Like Guerlain and Chanel, this is probably because they have such distinct 'personalities' yet there is still a family resemblance within each house. I bought it 'on-spec' on-line. Whilst it was untested I took a punt as I had already tried and loved Rocabar and Terre d'Hermes. Wonderful stuff - I think it simply exudes good taste.

mal23
mal23

Nice fragrance and smells like a classic. However, it is for an older man like 40 and above. It has nice spicey notes mixed in with woodsy notes. Not for me though. Overall a 7/10.

Mazinho
Mazinho

If masculine classical elegance had a smell, this certainly could be it. The first notes smell like the leather interior of a new expensive car. Once its settles, on my skin it is more reminiscent of a very expensive gentleman's soap. Sophisticated, clean and refined. Not my favorite scent, but I do like it.

Robert White
Robert White

Yes, this is a classic masculine, you can't go wrong with Guy Robert...mature and conservative, perfect for the office, and a good gift. But it bores me to tears. It just doesn't grab me...it's so elegant and tasteful, I reach out for something that just isn't ther for me. Give me Habit Rouge or Mouchoir de Monsieur any day. Of course, I'm a raving fop, so whaddya expect. Think I'll send this one to my new buddy Ahmad Ehab in Cairo. Good one on ya, Ahmad!

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

This one is realy classy and elegant. A unique masterpiece for all occasion. Compliments will hit you like a hail shower! Highly recommended!

shamus1
shamus1

Here it is - my #1 favorite men's fragrance. Equipage is so perfect for so many reasons: it's totally unique, it's discreet, it's elegant and sophisticated, it blends in with my skin perfectly, it lasts a long time, etc., the list goes on and on. There are two good ways to describe what Equipage smells like: 1. if you've smelled Yatagan before, imagine Yatagan without the animalic, sweaty notes, or 2. it smells like dry sake with cedar, hay, patchouli and just a touch of amber. It is extremely dry througout its duration, and its top notes are very bitter. Like Monsieur de Givenchy, Equipage is one of those fragrances you don't really smell but rather sense the essence of nearby. The most amazing thing about Equipage is that although its subtle and discreet, it's long lasting - it magically maintains a low-key but detectable presence for a good six to eight hours, without fading. Wearing Equipage puts my mind at ease every time I wear it, which explains why I've been wearing it for eight years. It has a very calming effect on me - everything in the world seems right when I wear Equipage. Is it the greatest masculine fragrance ever made? I can't say it is because it's not for everybody - its bitterness, dryness and complete lack of any sweetness are going to turn some people off from wearing it. But for me, it's perfect.

Equipage by Hermes 4.24 out of 5 based on 283 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Equipage fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Equipage, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Equipage by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Equipage by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.