Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Hermessence Paprika Brasil Hermes for women and men

Hermessence Paprika Brasil Hermes for women and men
dislike

Hermessence Paprika Brasil Hermes for women and men Pictures

Created in 2004 by Jean-Claude Ellena, Hermessence is a collection of unique fragrances conceived as olfactory poems using perfuming’s most exclusive elements. As sober and intense as Japanese haiku, they reinvent a nature that is as precious as it is unusual, as if rendered by the inspired writing of a composer in search of the new.

Enriched each time the perfumer discovers a new country, a language, a culture or simply extraordinary new ingredients, as of today the line consists of eight fragrances, exclusively available in Hermès stores.

Paprika Brasil: hot pepper, iris and reseda, an original interpretation of Brazilwood which sits between paprika red (it is the wood from which the tinctorial pigment was taken) and the powdery note of the Brazilian spice heightened by iris. “In between the association of ideas and the play on words…” Hermessence Paprika Brasil was launched in 2006.

Pimento Cloves Paprika

iris Green Leaves

Mignonette Precious Woods Brazilian Redwood

Hermessence Paprika Brasil Fragrance Reviews

jhitt793
jhitt793

I'm a huge fan of pepper, Brazil wood and clove based fragrances so I knew from the start this was going to be a must-have for me. Pimento is rather prominent here with its tangy sharpness. A dry, earthy paprika is perceptible with just a hint of smokey clove. I love the added "green leaves" note, which offers a much needed vegetal quality amongst all the other arid ingredients (it reminded me of freshly snipped English Ivy). Iris lends a powdery sweetness, perfectly accompanying the resonant Brazil wood. Classically elegant, masculine, and debonaire. (99)

brenda.gilensenat
brenda.gilensenat

This has become my signature scent...So intriguing, warm, and unexpected. It smells like nothing I ever wore before, some people say it reminds them of A-Men, personally I don't think so, not at all. It reminds me of aa woody forest right before night falls, when humidity is returning and you can sense the smell of leaves and soil.

evilspin
evilspin

Smells nice. A great second after Poivre. Similar to it but Paprika has more pepper and includes Iris. For this price Id rather choose Poivre Sarmaconde since its amazing. Just get A*Men A taste of fragrance since its similar just more darker and not expensive.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

I agree with sherapop, the iris note is prevalent here. At least how I see and smell it ;)
Then it goes herbaceous and woody. It's a clean and neat fragrance. Projection and silage is medium. It's expensive but I only got the travel size 15ml bottles box with 4 bottles inside and that way you can choose 4 different kinds. I also find it more interesting than Iris ukiyoe.

ducktuck
ducktuck

Mmm! Like a wood filled gourmet hot tamale. At first spray it smelled a little soapy to me, but as it warms up the chile's really start to shine, and I start to smell cedar. I'm a huge Jean-Claude Ellena fan, that being said I personally would not wear this, but I definitely admire it for it's uniqueness. Stays close to skin, and has excellent lasting power.

I am thoroughly intrigued now by Hermessence PAPRIKA BRASIL, having donned the last few drops of a small sample this morning. I must say that I was taken totally by surprise. Without any knowledge of the notes, this seemed to me an incense-iris perfume! I think that I was expecting something unpleasant along the lines of the AP salsa facsimile (PIMENT BRULANT). Instead, I am sufficiently pleased with this composition to want to acquire more so that I can wear it again.

There really is a hefty iris note here, and I'm a big-time iris-phile. I'm beginning to wonder, actually, whether some people simply have very weak iris receptors. Or perhaps mine are super-sensitive? To my nose, there's a hefty dose of iris in this composition, which therefore has been completely misnamed! That's no criticism of the perfume, however, which I intend to seek out.

Although others have complained of flimsiness, on my skin, this elixir has good projection and clinging capacity. On my wish list!

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Paprika Brasil is a very unique woody-spicy unisex scent from the Hermessence line. Suitable for most occasions and seasons. Yes it`s expencive, but it`s worth the money. On my skin the longevity is great, and the sillage is moderate. This one actually last longer on my skin than Poivre Samarcande. I`m very impressed by the scents from the Hermessence line, and I think Mr. Ellena is a true genius when it comes to create unique classy fragrances. Highly recommended!

Paprika Brasil comfortably sits between all other fragrances of the same line (Hermessence), with its thin and minimalistic structure. Peppery spices and woods pleasantly balanced to create a traslucent and very gentle smell. Nice and well executed but I expected a little more from a supposed"exclusive" line by Hermes. A serious contendant if just half priced.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

George K.
George K.

Paprika and brasil wood softened with iris.Seductive,ardent,unexpected.

imgcas
imgcas

It starts fresh, soapy and a bit floral (I would have said that this contained rose). Two minutes later, I can get raw red or green pimento, pepper and cloves and the scent starts to be really gourmand (but not sweet at all). It smells "culinary" and the food/spices are very true to the reality.
But I wouldn't say that this smells pleasant to me. I like spicy fragrances but this smells just like the hands and fingertips after cutting pimentos and cooking.

The scent doesn't change after the opening and it stays several hours on my skin, but sillage is only noticeable for an hour.

veruska
veruska

As with all the line, the prices are not in my range, bur honesty i think that i would'nt even spend the half for paprika brasil although it's pleasant enough. It starts dry and fiery,but soon iris kicks in and i kind of love it.But i find it lacks interst in the drydown when it smells like a laundry softener with apple flavor. Not bad but it seems unfinished.And i don't think that the name or the inspiration suits it right

Hermessence Paprika Brasil by Hermes 3.61 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Hermessence Paprika Brasil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Hermessence Paprika Brasil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hermessence Paprika Brasil by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hermessence Paprika Brasil by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.