Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

dislike

I have it: 396 I had it: 148 I want it: 283 My signature: 12

honey
Hiris Hermes for women Pictures Hiris Hermes for women Pictures

Hiris: from the flower to the fragrance, the modern and refined mindset of a unique unifloral, all devoted to the splendor of the iris. A perfume of emotion and subtlety conceived by Olivia de Giacobetti, it expresses its charm with an infinite delicacy; sometimes floral, sometimes powdery or plant-like, always one of the olfactory wonders of nature. Hiris was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti.

Coriander Carnation iris Amber

Hermessence Brin de Reglisse

Hiris Fragrance Reviews

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Stately scent. Morphs from a sweet violet into a more rootish iris. Very clean waxy scent in the drydown, almost soapy. Very nice on a man I would think. In the end a distant wisp of spiciness, as in a carnation.

stromovka
stromovka

Om my God! This is heavenly scent. So subtle and sophisticated and easy to wear, yet bold fragrance. The most complex and most beautiful perfume I have ever smelled. I love the combination of freshness, powderiness and woodiness all in one bottle!

Hallo Germany,

ich habe dir eine private Nachricht geschickt.

Well, I almost bought also the Chanel Poudree, but somehing in this scent make me feel unconfortable. Maybe, it´s too sharp for me. I think Hiris is more delicate, feminine. I just love this scent!

Well, I will Keep purchasingg the dark blue bottle as far as I can. One day, when I don´t find it anymore, I will have to go for the new one and then only god knows...

We kepp in touch over here and take care!

Hallo Germany,

wenn du den neuen Flacon kaufst, sagst du mir Bescheid, ob der Inhalt wirklich wie der in dem Blauen riecht.

Ich bin Brasilianerin, aber ich wohne seit 11 Jahren in Mainz.

Ich liebe dein Land!
Viel Glück in kanada!
Ana

Germany
Germany

I love this one. I tent to like iris in Many fragrances so this doesn't come to a surprise to me . Its quite elegant and assertive. More for the mature with its dry , stubble , creamy notes, a little soapy but deliciously clean and sweet in the heart and end notes. Once the vanilla and honey make a stronger appearance this is quite a warm nutty and sweet perfume. It may start somewhat cool and aloof and dry but it warms up wonderful on your warm skin and wraps you in a comforting iris blanket. I love the earthy smell and the carrots , so natural and mature in my opinion. The almonds and vanilla and honey keep this from staying too cool and too soapy. Nicely done. At the moment my favorite iris fragrances. I like chanel poudre as well and this reminds me of it. Chanel poudre has a slight sour note which I am not so fond of.( but I still totally love it ) It's the vetevier which tends to do this to my nose in most cases. Also this is much better than another longtime favourite of mine infusion D ' iris. I am glad Hiris has a more smooth feel to it. And I love the blue bottle. Classy, elegant but everyday and office wear.
Catty;
I am curious to purchase the new bottle next time , I think it will stay the same scent inside. But I love this dark blue gem , it suits it so well and it may protect the perfume much better than a clear bottle. I wonder why there was a need to change the flacon . Its so utterly classy !

Catty

Since November 2013, Hermes has taken this gem out from their Website. When I just bought it again very recently in the parfümerie that I usually do, the vendeuse told me that unfortunately that would be discontinued.

I got pure Panic!!!

But I´m relieved again, ´cause I saw just now that this precious scent came back in the Hermès Website, together with Amazone + Calèche, in a new Packing. Ufaaaa...I have it again.

The bad News are that the "come back" can mean "reformulation", and then as it usually happens with many top scents, the Quality falls down.

Well...as Long as the stock of the dark blue Flacon exists, I will buy it. But I confess I´m curious to read a Review over here about the new one.

I hope that they didn´t Change this merveille.

grayspoole
grayspoole

I love irises. When I was child, tall purple irises grew amazingly well in the small garden in front of our Brooklyn brownstone. Although some irises are only faintly scented, I have some varieties in my garden now that will scent the air for several feet around on a summer day. Of course, I've been looking for the perfect iris perfume, and while Hiris is lovely, it is not my ideal iris. I found the opening of Hiris to be somewhat citrus-like, but it soon turned into the scent of real iris flowers...sweet, a little peppery, and rich. Unfortunately, I smell the flower for only a few minutes. If only that scent lingered for a while longer! Too quickly, Hiris turns into a clean soapy smell which stays fresh and pleasant for a few more hours, but doesn't hold my attention. I will keep looking for the perfume that will capture the iris flower, rather than the root, for me.

Catty

I woke up in this winter day, and when I looked to the rain falling in my garden, I missed the Hiris smell!!! I just repurchased it.

If Hiris was a woman, it would be a very refined, well educated, classy british Lady: She doesn´t speak loud, is very charming and intellectual, and has a subtle and a real Beauty that holds you for hours and hours, without annoying you; very civilised ...that´s Hiris.

This earthy-Iris is very fresh and from a so high Quality, very rare to find in the scents made nowadays (one similar to the other with less personality and cheaper raw materials).

Hiris is among my beloved scent for sure, perfect for Office (many workmates asked for the Name and wrote it down to buy it) and for a very elegant evening.

It´s really a treasure, and I will Keep it as long as I can.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I just tested Hiris for a third time. My verdict (based on how my skin reacts to it): this is an awful, awful composition.

It started out promising though. So promising in fact that I optimistically sprayed some more. Ha, silly me!

The first couple of minutes are very pretty indeed: a pastel soft iris, slightly ozonic but not crossing into any marine territory, gently rooted in soft earth and wood. An exquisite suggestion of a mediterranean garden by the sea.

But, then wait, what is that new smell? Something citrusy... It could be nice, but something is off with this citrusy waft... it isn't bergamot, neroli, orange peel or even grapefruit... No, no, on closer inspection, this rather smells like rotting lemon... We all know the kind: the half sliced one that's been forgotten in a ziplock bag for a month underneath a pile of fruits and gets rediscovered in all its slimy beauty. That's the kind of citrusy I'm talking about.

Iris is now hiding in shame, rose makes a feeble appearance and any honey note is what would be suggested by the passage of a couple of humming bees.

Ah, but the rotting lemon smell... It keeps on maturing alongside a now full-fledged marine note as a sidekick. Where are those two monstrosities coming from? They certainly are not listed, and I don't see any note that could even remotely suggest such a development.

Sadly by this point, I smell no iris, no wood, no carnation, no amber and no vanilla. Nothing but rotting lemon by the sea.

While Chanel no19, 28 la Pausa and Bas de Soie may be more difficult/intellectual perfumes, I think each of them epitomizes a beautiful iris story. Hiris does not.

As a final note: I actually developed a migraine and had an asthma episode while wearing this horror. I do have chemical sensitivity, but it usually happens with artificial fragrances in cheap drugstore cleaning and cosmetic products. I certainly did not expect this from a house like Hermes, which prides itself on using the finest ingredients. I proceeded to spend five minutes scrubbing my hand to remove as much of the fumes as I could (I'm using the term "fumes" on purpose here). Unfortunately, the smell still lingers.

Dominic80
Dominic80

This is fantastic! One of the best Iris ever, so powdery, yet soft and delicate, and, almost.. sweetly fresh!! I can see Marilyn Monroe wearing this in Manhattan while attending an Actor's Studio's class!
Or even a very trendy young guy, or a gorgeous mysterious lady in her 40's like Ava Gardner in London in the 1970's..
Fantastic! And i agree, spent a fortune to buy a huge bottle of the Iris from Prada, which is like so watered down and almost insignificant.. Just made for people with no individuality, like today's society!
This one is strictly for those with class, and, determination, and without even trying to hard..
May i say it again? Formidable, chic!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I'm testing this one today, having wanted to try it for a long time as I generally like iris perfumes. This is a bit bland, however during its opening phase I could have sworn it is the freesia scent I have been desperately searching for. However this only lasted a few minutes and it has dried down to a barely there soft iris, something like a watered down version of Prada Infusion dÍris. It has none of the dank and earthy irises of Serge Lutens' Iris Silver Mist or even carroty notes such as Honore des Pres I Love des Carottes. It just simply exists. I would not buy it.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

A beautiful opening...promise of things yet to unfold. When I first sprayed this I felt iris and what I thought was red berry but must be the sweetness from the rose. The coriander is interesting. A little carrot but nothing close to ISM. Ahhh...magic.

But then, the notes shift, the winds change and the next phase puts me at odds with the perfume. From then on this one is a no go for me. Too bad, it had such promise. A worthy try for sure and an interesting take on iris. For those of you who like a lot of silage this has next to none.

Catty

This is the Iris Masterpiece scent!!!!

The Quality of the ingredients are so exquisite!

The Evolution of the notes is quite so beautiful: the Iris begins very fresh, pure flower and then turns it into a musky-violet cream.

This is one of the most elegant scents that I ever smelled. Very Grande Dame! High Perfumary!

No comparison to the Commercial artificial Iris from Prada. HIRIS is absolut in a higher Level!

A delightful surprise! simply Great for the Iris fans!

SeverinaSerizy
SeverinaSerizy

Lovely powdery iris, soapy and clean and musky warm.

desertrat
desertrat

EDIT: I have a sample I'm testing. Love the blue bottle. I like the top notes very much, but, with my chemistry, it quickly develops into pure honey with the dry down quite masculine. I'm terribly disappointed. :(

Cams
Cams

The most stunningly earthy iris fragance I've ever smelt. It's gorgeous - softly potent and always present even as its softens and I get compliments when I don't smell it anymore! Worth trying and just beautiful in the Spring time

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Hiris was quite a strange minimalist quiet scent when it first came out by 1999 or at least that was my impression then. Now it doesn't seem so strange and that is in my opinion because its approach has been followed in this new century.

Though I feel Hiris is sometimes too subtle in my skin I admire the creation. The first minutes are wonderful then it becomes very silent and powdery for a long while. Suddenly after an hour it reappears in a beautiful warmer woody dry down that its showing a round and perfect almond note. It is such a pity that this stage doesn't last so long in me because I really like it.

I think Hiris works as a haiku, it is a poetic implosion.

I come to it when I need to cloister in order to meditate, run away of the noisy world of unstoppable events in search of a serene state that helps me finding answers to my deep worries. But only during warm temperature days that allow the scent to fully evolve in me.

Elenkina
Elenkina

Sprayed it on my wrist today at selfridges H store. It was at 3 pm, now its 10 pm, i washed my hands many times, did the dishes etc. I still can smell it on my wrist. Nothing wrong with longevity.

xabaras
xabaras

Very interesting fragrance. It's very clean. It starts very dry, and slightly acidic. I smell a dry flower, very elegant, very pleasant, very determinate. It is powdery from the very beginning, although, on my skin it becomes so powdery that it reminds me of washing powder. So sad. I wanted to like it. I love iris in fragrances! But this one doesn't develop at all on my skin.

pbluberry
pbluberry

The first time I sprayed this, it smells sooo beautiful but now that I have it. It has a weird smell at first spray like my Kelly Caleche EDT. When it dries down it smells like makeup to me. I really love iris but I don't know what went wrong. I hope I didn't get a bad bottle.

Update:
I found a way to wear this. I layer pamplemousse rose and it negates the potatoey smell of hiris on my skin. problem solved. yay!!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

This is the cleanest scent I will ever love. It's got soap, it's got cedar, and it has absolutely nothing dirty to offset it, but I love it anyway.

Carrot seed opens the fragrance, with a very recognizable Hermes airy citrus/wood accord peeking through. Iris and violet take the perfume into a powdery direction while cedar and amber give a prickly impression that is not easily forgotten. Longevity is excellent, but the extended drydown is a soft musky floral that feels a bit too clean for me.

Regardless, this is one of the prettiest renditions of Iris I have ever encountered, and I'm very happy to own a large bottle of this gem.

persefoni
persefoni

Whenever i wear it, i have this feeling of surprise all day long!! It is very long lasting, very distinct, very different (lots of woody undertone) and very natural.. beautiful stuff!

mariasara
mariasara

From the Iris based fragrances I know, this is, by far, the best rendition. Prada´s "infusion díris" seems rather plastic, compared with this soft and earthy fragrance. Itt´s very elegant, powdery and clean. But I admit this might not suit every taste. There were some comments saying this was rather sad, and in fact, I had to stop using it because my mother said I was smelling like a graveyard..Anyway, I hope this doesn´t disapoint you because it´s a wonderful fragrance. Try it if you can.
I also like yardley´s "Iris" (not in the data base)

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

Ah, how can it be compared to Bas de Soie? Hiris is the heaven of cleanness and BdS is pungent unclean old bummer! LOVE HIRIS!!!

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

I'm with smelling_gr8 and flavorite on this one. This is the closest I've got to finding my own perfection. I could wear this everyday for the rest of my life... and still love it. It's a cedar wood vegetable box, carrots are on top, and all your orris and dark blooms lay below. It doesn't have the citrusy sour of iris nobile, and it doesn't have the powder of Infusion D'Iris which is lovely but somehow distracting. This one is the real deal.How can a smell be sad when it's this beautiful.

roslyn_stern
roslyn_stern

Hiris - The H stands for Hermes then the iris.
The iris comes from the root or rhizome not the flower.
white iris, black iris.

Wonder why they can't make a parfum instead of toilette so that it would last longer!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Wow. This opened with a super blast of Iris on me. (well, duh, it is called Hiris after all)

I find the drydown to be very soft and it is odd to me how a strong Iris note fragrance starts from Powdery-sharp and ends in soft green florals... !!

It is a nice quality perfume like all Hermes and it is pretty, but it is way too well-behaved for me. And now it is pretty much all gone from my arm. I don't do florals/green-florals very well.

Unfortunately, the iris note in this fragrance opens too dusty.

Besides, this fragrance seems to me quite boring.

Not my cup of tea.

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

A fleeting hint of coriander yields to a green, fresh, cool floral.

A rising, warm sun brings out the sparkling neroli and softening rose.

More iris lends a dryness that turns wet earth aromas into dry woody moss, intertwined with a very distant natural sweetness.

A nice, light-handed, unique fragrance that is very springlike.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I think I have died and gone to heaven and am laying on the bed of freshly cut blue irisis while munching on a bunch of spring carrots freshly dug up..but only at the beginning, then am just chilling out and feeling very classy and content.
This is quite a crafty scent, I must say I was a bit worried when I ordered it blind as I read all about the carrotiness and mud/earth scent and yes I got a blast of that on the first sniff but afterwards, well afterwards...I didn't even know iris had a scent?

Edit:
one to thing to add, the longevity isn't very good but it works quite well when layered with Guerlain Apres l'Ondee...yeah I know...rare and expensive SIGH!

This is a rich feminine perfume that has a true earthy muddy scent.
Before smelling this perfume I use to think that Armani Prive La Femme Bleue is a unique perfume, but guess what? It’s a copy of Hiris!
Lovely UNIQUE iris perfume, that smells expensive and elegant.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Hiris is not loud, it sits close to the skin and is oh so sensual.

It wears extremely well in cold/ damp weather.
The iris is delicate, green and very crisp.
Initial spray appears herbal, then softens into sweet flowers.

I get a slightly sour smell throughout the dry down, maybe from the cedar.

Wearing it I feel being wrapped around in a warm, slightly musky fluff, like a winter coat.

Lovely, lovely fragrance.
Elegant, not an outright sexy scent but whispers 'come-closer'.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

At first whiff,carrots? A few minutes later,
hot house flowers.The sun streaming through
the window panes revealing the delicate essence
of flora and green notes with a rich earthy
undertone of wet soil,a slight powder scent
trails behind.This is my favorite part of the
scent,if only it would stay this way.Now the
dry-down,no flora,nor green notes of sun drenched
lush wet foliage,or fine mist of powder.Just dirt!
A good, honest friend asked me to please wash it
off,it was as if I were rolling around in the garden!
One of the most complex scents I have tried,wish it
would have worked for me.

karinda
karinda

I love this scent--feminine and restrained without being "flowery". On me it's very fresh and clean. I wear it when I want to be feminine but subtle. It lasts longer if you can layer it. Hermes used to sell a powder spray and body lotion--it was great to use all three and longer lasting.

Marilie
Marilie

Would be the perfect Iris if only it lastes longer than 15 minutes on my skin!

Hiris is a powdery iris with earthy notes and carrots. Yes, actually carrots. This might sound strange but it's gorgeous. It is not über-feminine but still elegant and classic. It is light in this typical Olivia Giacobetti style (think En Passant by Frederic Malle) and I think it is this translucency that makes it so special.

Still, I wish Hermès had released an EdP version of Hiris since the longevity is really poor.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Reviewer under wrote only two words on Hiris "smells sad", i thought how everything about Hiris fitted perfectly in that description.

Hiris opens as rich floral scent, but not the kind of Estee Lauder florals, no, hiris smells like opening a leather bag filled with irises. Bag carrying the flowers is brand new and smooth. Kind of a leather smell that fills the room with finest aroma and tempts your senses. Love how rich and elegant Hiris is, imposing itself while being distant at the same time. Reminds me so much on Tendre Poison, for it is refined, restrained yet provocative and sexy.

Hiris smells like Great Gatsby story, its the smell of love prepared to breathe for dreams and wait forever to reach them.
I love how Hiris smells.

talnyc
talnyc

I really liked this fragrance. For me, I only would wear it when it was raining outside. It is a fragrance that if it is raining and cold out, this scent would pick me up and enable me to face the dreary weather. It warmed me up, so that I cold tolerate the rain. I saved the bottle as it is very pretty. I love the blue/purple bottle.

JToronto
JToronto

It starts off very green and herbal, almost too sharp to be pleasant. After about 15 minutes, a lovely, discrete, soft iris dominates, just very slightly spicy, and the perfume is subtle and beautiful for about an hour. Then it is gone for good. Nice, but I would not invest in something so fleeting.

stelladoro
stelladoro

One of my all time favorites - on me it's very fresh and delicate but with excellent sillage. My mother grew scented Iris and this reminds me of her, although Shalimar was her signature fragrance. To me, fragrance is one of the great pleasures of life and is perceived differently by each person.

Ealing64
Ealing64

As much as I would like to love it, on me it fades almost instantaneously. Probably because I have dry, thin skin. It just does not seem to stick to it, oh well...

id
id

Perfect iris scent. Interesting, sophisticated and longevity is enough to enjoy this scent during the day. Sillage is simply wonderful on my skin. Thank you, Hermes.

suile
suile

The best iris fragrance ever, IME. I bought the spray powder body perfume, which was a product of genius, as it seemed to really enhance the iris note and improve the longevity. Plus the iris blue bottle as an extra aesthetic effect.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

At first it’s a sweet iris/violet scent, flowery, peppery, and powdery, but almost immediately dries out and takes on a spicy note, like cinnamon or clove. Just as quickly, it reverts to the sweeter, moister, more floral scent, which then intensifies, getting up to full speed as a full-bodied, gorgeous, translucent flowery-powdery-earthy scent. After a few hours the other flowers are noticeable, carnation and rose, along with the violet-iris.

The scent stays fairily linear for about 8 hours, fading away gradually. Hiris is a lovely iris scent, one that I’d be happy to wear in private or public, but I’m not so enamored with it that I’d buy a decant or bottle. Maybe it’s because there are so many similar iris scents out there that after a while they all start smelling too similar to one another. However, if you're an iris lover, Hiris is worth a sniff.

BIG
BIG

After application, what i smell right off the bat, is caramelized slice of spicy pear! I love this so much! But where's the iris? I was looking forward to the iris! That still doesn't change anything about my fascination with Hiris. I will explore this fragrance further!

Sissi
Sissi

Hiris is a introverted elegance a well-poised muse
never reveals herself within words nor action just
her scent of Iris, Hiris opens with it's homage the
Iris a flower a symbol of refinedness and modesty
a scent of cool orris earth adds to the sharp coldness
of the fragrance, the coriander subtle enough not to
cloy over the iris but noticeable in it's spicy drydown
diluted amber dries the top note, delicate and elusive
note of Rose opens the middle note softens the sharpness
of the Iris with it's velvet texture a demure beauty
Neroli turns the fragrance a bit citrusy and grounded.
The drydown consists of unsweeted honey makes an organic
and woodsy finish to this almost of a masterpiece of a
scent next dry cedar conjours a feeling of a forest
after the midnight rain fresh and finishes with almond
tree an nutty accord.

Hiris is a class of it's own not Loud gaudy kitschy
it doesn't take bright colorful sequins dolly heads
fake rhinestones on bottle it's a simple dark blue
bottle less is more.

Catttt
Catttt

the carroty blast at the beginning is unpleasant but disappears within five minutes. very little sillage, muted even for my conservative taste. i do love the drydown though, enough so that i would consider this for a signature (after i play around with a few other irises first). NOT powdery like prada infusion d'iris.

candymarie
candymarie

Boy, do I smell carrots at the opening!!! Wow! Don't think I've ever smelled carrots specifically in any fragrance before.

Then, in the drydown, it's as if the carrots were only there to open the door for the iris and then disappear like a valet. And then it's iris, iris, iris!! If you love iris in it's purest form (think Jo Malone type pure form), then you'll probably love it.

I don't LOVE it, enough to buy a bottle of my own, but I certainly do admire it.

(I do envy that gorgeously simple cobalt blue bottle though. I wish something I loved came in a bottle like that.)

judies6
judies6

This fragrance is great for a guy or gal who love iris, but wants something rougher than the soft, sweet Te Amo Iris types of iris scents. The coriander and orris root top notes and cedar base notes are quite pronounced and overshadow the cold but tender sweetness, typical of iris. This is not a tender scent, but very earthy.

Another wonderful Hermès omniperfume erroneously marketed to one gender (in this case, women), HIRIS shares the earthiness and the light florality that I've come to associate with so many of the masculine and "officially" unisex creations of this house. Although HIRIS is obviously very different from CALECHE, 24 FAUBOURG, ELIXIR, and AMAZONE, the quality is definitely the same: more niche than many self-proclaimed niches, IMNSHO.

According to my nose, HIRIS seems to feature carrot tops and iris that swirl around each other for awhile before becoming slightly soapy but also woody in turns. This is a beautiful, refined, calm composition. Not a showstopper, but certainly a pleasure to wear. Let iris lovers rejoice--guys and gals alike!

merilu59
merilu59

non so definirlo
quando lo metto su mi dicono che buon profumo che porti!!!!!
a me non piace troppo

adele l
adele l

Just a simple, powdery iris on my skin- no green or carrots and only slightly buttery. If you're a fan of iris you should give it a try.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

WOW to HIRIS! That was a discovery between all my iris scents.. and I nearly tested them all!! I compared this today with my 2 favourites SL Iris Silver Mist and Chanel les exclusifs La Pausa and voila: for me it is in this same top liga regarding the earthy , woody , sad carrot note all the good ones have in common. It s lovely green and fresh and the first 2 hours are absolutely beautiful irisy.The final drydown then is different to La Pausa and Silver Mist,because with Hiris the iris stays maybe it is the Vanilla and honey as companions to make it stay so long..whereas the other 2 irisis have faded..so I don t know where Luca T. has had his nose while testing this one.. (maybe he had a flu that day :)but I don t agree at all, this HIRIS is a masterpiece, at least for me.

RkrChk
RkrChk

I tried Hiris today! I'm not getting any of the carrot note...It's more green and smoldering on me...I'm glad it's not cloying like Hilde Soliani's Iris...This is clean, classy and fresh...I'll wait to see if the vanilla, honey and woody notes make their appearance in a welcoming way on my skin type and body chemistry... :)

jae
jae

You know, I had actually contemplated making my perfume wardrobe exclusively Hermes at one time. This blind buy is another reason why that's not such a bad idea. After testing these fragrances, I chose this one over Prada's Infusion D'Iris, AdP's Iris Nobile, Keiko Mecheri's Iris D'Argent and Jacques Fath's Irissime - blindly with NO REGRETS. I love how "reserved" this fragrance is. It's quiet, but has depth - just like me . It's pretty but still earthy, making this an easy wear for a gentleman. Whatever this carrot accord is in Hiris is lovely, as well. On my skin, this has nice longevity, medium sillage and a smooth feel to it.
Hiris serves as a reminder to always consider Hermes first. My goodness, I love this house.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Extra elegant, smells powdery and delicate, a lady that doesn't quite fit in with modern society... lazy, soft spoken, dreamy, this perfume requires effort to be smelled... you have to crush your nose into the skin or scarf, or whatever is it that you sprayed it on, to sense it.
Should you have the patience of doing so, you will be rewarded with an aristocratic scent, crystalline and airy, with a hint of sweetness. No comparison to anything out there... reminds me of the tanzanite gemstone, blue with purple hints, rare, precious, not very popular, cold and beautiful beyond words.
My sister said it smells just like the color of the bottle. She's right. And the bottle is a frosted, frozen dark blue, that lacks the slightest tint of light! Nothing at all.
Going back to more technical terms, the silage is close to nil. Staying power is actually ok. Scent is incredibly aristocratic and elegant, once you go past the initial, (lasting only a few seconds) blast of carrots. A very intimate perfume. Not exactly sexy, but oh, so very romantic and etheral.
A winner, even though for the money it costs, I wish I would be stronger....

floriana
floriana

Fresh and discreet green scent, wonderful for spring.
Decent and pleasant dry iris, on my skin a little powdery. Coudn't detect honey.
Quiet fragrance, and my favourite Hermes.

Aquamary
Aquamary

I feel it like a spring ground after snow has melt. Delicate hiris (not a flower, but its root), melodious purple colour, charming powder. Slightly sad and very intelligent. I'd say one and only scent. I don't know any similar fragrance. A Master-piece.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I love this for cool spring days. It's not too powdery, flowery or strong. Just a little floral,earthy and carroty. One of the few scents my husband will comment on. He loves it. (He also drinks about a gallon of carrot juice a week, so that could explain it:))

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

For me it is the best scent for my skin. I have a relax whit Hiris , and is simultaneously very elegant. I worship wild irides. Are beautiful , and such subtle and is delicate Hiris. On my skin it does not feel the carrot, the scent is delicate, lightly of powder, the breath of air of the delicate garden .I worship Hiris and Kelly. It is my scents.

selinum28
selinum28

It's been a long time since I first knew Hiris and haven't tested it later; I was a young girl then and my friends hated this perfume. I remember it as great, warm, very dry, yet feminine. Not fresh.
I associate it with optimist serenity;
maybe some melancholy, but not sadness or despair.

hapa
hapa

Hermes Hiris, you are what I want to be: subtle, understated, minimalist and elegant. Unfortunately, you smell like a freshly dug carrot. We just cannot be.

Today, I am wearing you but this is well and truly our end. I have used two samples of you but cannot justify buying a bottle and for this I'm very sorry.

Your frosted blue glass bottle and tasteful gleaming gold cap call to me and I really want you to join my perfume collection but it is very clear we just do not work well together. I smell iris in all its delicateness. A bit of green, the flower and even the root. Indeed, I feel like we are outside together sitting in the earthy sweetness of top soil and I'm drinking some weak vanilla tea sweetened with honey. Unfortunately the carrots in the adjoining vegetable patch have managed to overpower you and whilst I like carrots in soup, with a roast and with hummous, I do not like them in my fragrances, especially an Hermes one.

I am sure I will still entertain thoughts of us together and when in Hermes spray some on or even look for a sample. However, I must accept there just isn't enough for us to work together in terms of a long term commitment in me buying a full-sized bottle. Apologies because it seemed so promising.

Malegria

I want to add to my review. I am positively falling in love with this scent. It is very evasive...I know that it reminds me of something nostalgic and very important for me but I can`t just nail it. Was it the scent of bearded irises in the garden of my childhood? was it the herb cabinet of my medicine woman grandma? I can`t tell for sure. But the more I try it the more I want this on my skin. It feels like I am carrying something very special with me when I wear it.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I love Hiris, because I thought I could never appreciate the soapy iris note enough, and the curling arc of the petals seemed to mock me in the past-"We are a coveted ingredient in fragrances, and you can't smell our beauty, ha!"

I adore Infusion D'Iris by Prada, and it is very irisy, very orrisy, but it has enough wood and incense to be not a puristic ode to the iris.
Hiris is very irisy, but the rose blooms subtly on my skin, and the coriander is a great counterpoint to the vanilla-not strong, but solid.
Natalia78 must be right, I have rather oily skin-and it must be thick too? I don't know, I've never considered that.

Hiris blossoms on me because there is something warm and soft about it, even if there is a very clean overall quality, and a definite coldness.

Hiris is the fragrance that helped me to realize how interesting the iris note can be-it's very much a bold iris that defies the description "powdery".

Malegria

When I tested it, it smells like something very clean and sanitized.An iris that was laundered and hung out to dry outside in the cold of November!!! A sterile white starched nurse coat!

Nevertheless, i like it despite of the fact that it is completely not my style. But it brings a certain feeling of sadness out of the person wearing it and maybe has an ability to age it`s owner`s soul...

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

This was the scent that really got me interested in perfumes. I have a strange relationship with Hiris. It is very green at first whiff, not unpleasantly so, but maybe surprising to someone who was expecting something flowery. While I'm wearing it, I alternate between "wow, this is great!" and "Hm, not sure I like this so much now." But I keep wearing it. It is fresh and pretty, not overpowering, and above all, different.

Mals86
Mals86

Many facets of iris, from its petals to its roots to the earth that it grows in. I was really enjoying this one, until about halfway through the heart when a musty, powdery odor -- reminiscent of my great-aunt's heavy 1940's era face makeup -- showed up and haunted me for about half an hour, before leaving a lovely drydown. I found that so unpleasant that I have to scratch this one off the list.

(Bvlgari Pour Femme did the same thing: 4 hours of pleasant scent, interrupted by half an hour of gosh-awful stale closed-up room smell. I don't know what that note is, but boy, it's horrible on me.)

Auguszta
Auguszta

This is the purest iris scent I know and the one I love most. It is incredibly clean and clear, like a veil almost, and veeeeery sophisticated. I don't smell any soil, nor do I smell anything metallic, which often bother me in iris scents. I detect something cardboardish here but funny as it may sound, that only adds to the whole experience. Perhaps it really is a bit melancholic but not to the point where I wouldn't want to wear it. I actually feel very positive and utterly comfortable wearing this.

Cyberlady
Cyberlady

I was doing some fragrance training at one time and that is when I first heard of this fragrance and smelled it. I was surprised that I liked the iris scent .... I would love to try this.

Montie_M
Montie_M

A very subtle, dry, powdery, woody Iris bottled in a blue flacon. Every notes scream,"I am successful, elegant, and classy. I am mature and ready to face the world!"

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Smells sad.

Woody iris fades to a faint scent like hairspray. It's not a floral and it's not actually pretty. It is different and the woody/plant combination are fresh in the way that spring time is.

jillsy
jillsy

Beautiful fragrance, feels a bit depressed and melancholy to me though.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Quiet, discreet, velvety, sweetish, restrained. Beautiful, magic, sweetish smell of iris, but for me it is sad...but fine, so, I fluctuate: to have or not to have it.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Apparently smells better on people with oily and thick skin.Distinctive vanilla in head base.very elegant fragrance.

Suseken
Suseken

Dry,clean,fresh.Classic for every day.
I love iris scents.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

The notes sounded like it might work on me, but alas, it was horrid! The green orris overtook every other note. Not for me.

Hiris by Hermes 4.11 out of 5 based on 480 ratings and 76 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Hiris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Hiris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hiris by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hiris by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.