Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women

Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women Videos
Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women Pictures Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women Pictures Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women Pictures Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women Pictures

Jour d'Hermes is a new women's fragrance by Hermes, due out in February 2012. The scent is luminous, sensual and floral. It is available as 30, 50 and 85 ml Eau de Parfum, which can be backed by 125 ml refill. There are also a body lotion, shower gel and deodorant. Jour d'Hermes was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena.

Grapefruit Lemon Watery Notes

Jour d'Hermes Fragrance Reviews

zepauw
zepauw

Hi!
This review is a QUIZZ, hopefully not a real challenge for the many frangrance lovers and specialists here. I am looking for a perfurme from the 80's/90's (which hopefully still exists, and which I suppose is a men perfurme) which exactly smells like Le Jour d'Hermès (not the first minutes but after a few hours).

I met a woman in the London metro recently whose perfurme clearly reminded me that perfurme which the owner of a shop to which I used to go wore at that time. She told me that she wore Le Jour d'Hermès. I went to a shop, tried it and got disappointed at it clearly smelt flowers not the fragrance which I smelt beside the woman in the metro. Back at home, the fragrance had changed and the 20 years ago perfurme which I was looking for revealed.

I went to 3 perfurme shops already to try to find that perfume and nobody found it mainly because the smell which I am looking for is the one that reveals after a few hours...

Reading all the reviews here, I feel like a few of you must know what perfurme I am talking about...

Looking forward to reading your findings!

Thanks and good luck!
Have a great Sunday.
M-

amyewest
amyewest

Smells like grapefruit and only grapefruit. This makes me sad because, much as I like grapefruit, the perfume everyone else describes sounds much nicer.

mona84
mona84

Bottled sunshine.

dsty
dsty

I sampled Jour d'Hermès Absolu a while ago and really liked it; it cured me of my conviction that I wasn't into floral perfumes. In fact, the more I wore the sample, the more I grew to love it, and it's been on the top of my want list for a while now. The only thing holding me back was that I hadn't tried the original Jour d'Hermès yet, and didn't want to commit to either of them without having tried both.

Well, I got a little decant of the original Jour from my friend, and I can say it hardly matters which one I choose; everything I loved about the absolu is present here as well. I might as well copy what I said in my review of the absolu, because most of it applies to this one too:
"I don't get any citrus in it, to me it's all floral honey. This is how I imagine nectar must smell to a bee, more or less. It's very sweet and quite uncomplicated, it doesn't change much throughout its short to medium life span, but it still smells sophisticated somehow."

The only difference is that the original is a bit lighter and less rich, a bit brighter. I don't smell any explicit citrus in this one either, but it's easier to believe that it's there, lending a juicier sweetness to the flowers.

It's impossible to choose; they're both so lovely, and so similar that when I wear them both on my two hands I can spend minutes pressing my nose to each of them in turn, each time thinking "this one!", "no this one, definitely", "oh no wait, this one"...We'll have to see which one I end up with!

MissZaros
MissZaros

EXQUISITE!

Aria1964
Aria1964

Oh my, what a delicious surprise this was! I was fortunate enough to find a (nearly empty) tester bottle on eBay for next to nothing, and I'm so glad I took the chance based on the reviews here.
On me, the opening is fresh, airy and quite sour. I had the impression that this perfume was floating on my skin! It was so lovely that I felt I couldn't inhale it deeply enough.
After about half an hour, it softened and I could smell the underlying white flowers.
Longevity was about 6 hours, and sillage seemed moderate.
The weather is cold here now, but I will take this with me on an upcoming Caribbean vacation. I can imagine how refreshing and energizing this will be after a day at the beach. Can't wait! ;-)

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Fresh, citrusy and feminine is my first impression, then some heady (but not overpowering) white florals appear. There is always something in a Jean-Claude Ellena fragrance that attracts me. While this is very light, it's also very elegant and wearable.

violinorama
violinorama

Very fresh,clean,citrusy scent.In opening with white flowers and gardenia. After 15-20 minutes it's turning citrusy. Suitible for spring and summer days.

brynandoskarsmam
brynandoskarsmam

I like this very much...bright, floral and citrusy, you can't help but be uplifted by it.

chaozhang
chaozhang

My favourite fragrance by far. The top note is very fruity and sour, but quite fresh. Middle and base notes are really moderate and make you comfortable all day. Highly recommend for everyday use in office. It will lift your spirit.

LaureL
LaureL

It is like beutiful sunrise in Garden of Tuileries.

A beautiful Garden of Tuileries where your eyes and lips open and blossoms like every flower, shines like a warm sun in the sunrise, quite quietly but still soft and alluring.

Sensual, clean, shining still delicate.
It is kind of classic scent but with a twist.

*and the bottle is so classic, chic and expensive-looking. Love it.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Jour d'Hermès is as beautiful as the first sun rays piercing the misty early morning air in the countryside.

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

JDH is citrus & white floral dominant, Fresh-powdery-not too sweet-not too warm-smooth creamy-simple, Classic but not oldies, Feminine but could be unisex for some men, Elegant, Radiant, Office safe..
It's like early morning sunrays touch my just-wake up-after good night sleep-skin..

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

After scraping by on remnants of my first bottle I bought myself a new, full-sized one and thank goodness.. don't think I could ever go without this.

Elegant, simple, and worth it! Must be a fan of light florals, or "clean scents"..

This, to me, is the ultimate everyday scent except it's got this tangible beauty that you feel might make it appropriate for special occasions only. Everyday I smell this good is a special occasion, so no matter the season or weather, this is my first choice.

Clear, and airy this reminds me of a wide open room with lots of natural light. Not necessarily sunny or too bright to me.. the citrus isn't as apparent to me, it's more background or abstract because all I get from this is sweet, perfect air.

It's really hard for me to even describe specific notes in this because of how well they blend. All I can say is, this is pure, sweet elegance. Makes you feel like a royal fairy of the air element ;p

Bottle is amazing and part of the perfection, but do not be mistaken -- this scent is one-of-a-kind and will get compliments from everrrryone!

diamondkite
diamondkite

This perfume really shines. Starts off with fresh sweet grapefruit but quickly morphs into a smooth, luminous, golden scent. The bottle design, with the perfume in it, is a good visual representation of the scent. No harsh edges, smooth, well-balanced, good quality, shiny.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Off the top I'm getting citrus, a sour booze, and ... mint or eucalyptus! You would think these ingredients -and the fact that Mr. Ellena created it - would make for a perfect, light and cool, summertime cologne. Instead, I find the bright/sparkly aspect - as well as the sourness - cloying.

But the jury's still out. In all fairness, this fragrance hasn't dried down fully. I thought I'd write down my feelings as I experienced them. I'll finish this review a little later. Stay tuned!

Later: It dries down to a more musky sour note. Not unpleasant, but not compelling enough to buy.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

On my skin I get lots of grapefruit.

In my opinion this is a good office scent and ideal for the summer.

The longevity is about 4 -5 hours.

For me a like but not a love.

sofiebgoode

Just rediscovered Jour d' Hermes for summer. I never thought it would work so beautifully on hot days (overspraying would kill it though).

strawberryswitchblade
strawberryswitchblade

Jour smells just like freshly laundered linens, dried in fresh air and sunlight. It is an inoffensive, unobtrusive, delicate fragrance. Suitable for office workers, nurses, doctors or just about anyone who can't afford or doesn't want to annoy those around him with a perfume. It smells good without my being able to say what exactly makes it so. Nothing stands out. It's neither too citrusy nor too floral - just clean, light and airy. It would make the perfect gift for anyone precisely because of its complete lack of personality.

masiki
masiki

Yes, it is simply perfect! Should be like the sun. I love it! JCE is a genius!:)

Roxy66
Roxy66

Simply perfect!

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

Tried it again today. It is gorgeous, definitely grapefruit, citrus scent that stays "tangy" and not sour. Natural scent with no overwhelming sweetness, which is nice for a change. The dry down keeps the tangy scent for a while than it starts to bring up the white floral and warms. I love it !

Migalex
Migalex

I find it quite interesting, and does get better as time goes by. A really pleasant and unique use of grapefruit. The inicial sourness gradually softens until it practically disappears after a white. Sillage seems to be good.

Juma
Juma

This one should be categorized as fruity, as there is almost no florals, only citruses in known and beloved Hermes vibe. I wear at the moment Jour and on the other wrist Un Jardin sur de Nil. Both are very citrusy but UJSDN is far more complex and unique! I prefer it over Jour.
Defin. summer scents, especially Jour-I can't imagine wear in cold.

curvealert
curvealert

♫Now hands that do dishes can feel as soft as your face♫ ...all I get is lemon Fairy liquid on my skin, closely followed by the dreaded cat pee.

cincobayou
cincobayou

I just read The Fifi Awards nominees for 2014 and this fragrance is selected a one of The Best New Fragrances for Women. The awards were held in mid-May 2014 in London. Jour D’hermès did not win the prize.
Something called Si – Giorgio Armani took the top honor. But thought it was interesting that this one that the commenters have either loved or hated was nominated.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

A cooling, refreshing accord of naturally sweetened black tea. Substantial liquid consistency that inspires the desire to take a sip. It subtly finds its environment and whispers the presence of the wearer like morning light.

A momentary spark of Calèche aldehyde. A shimmering sheath of Kelly Calèche mimosa. A sweet pea harmony. Dries down to an elegant suggestion of gardenia.

Unisex as the Jardins, and perhaps even more gender neutral because its irresistibility is not rooted in extremes.

Its structure is so advanced as to be removed from the ordinary; achieving friendliness, grace, subtelty, chic, and superiority in one breath. Wealth whispers.

dina
dina

Half an hour of sour grapefruit and then nothing!

Alex1984
Alex1984

@ m.monia: Just use Jour. It's perfectly unisex IMHO and the floral notes are hardly noticeable. On my skin is basically a slightly sweet citrus. Give it a try!

m.monia
m.monia

HELLO:

i would like to know if you know a fragrance which has a scent similar to jour de hermes but for men or a unisex,

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Even though the notes seem quite simple, this fragrance is a total beauty, smelling luxurious and bright on my skin.
Unlike other Hermes perfumes - I get no background headache-causing note.

A real classy, happy summer fragrance.
Very flowery, but not too "white flower". The musk gives it a great twist.

New top of my wish list!

Longevity is good and sillage moderate.

Pherise
Pherise

This smells heavenly. I love uplifting bright happy scents, but I dislike how juvenile many bright, sparking scents can be. It's very unusual how citrusy this is when you first put it on and how creamy and velvety it smells on the dry down. It manages to be refreshing, happy, comforting and sophisticated at the same time, which is very unusual in my experience. It smells delicious at all stages for me, and I'm grateful I don't have any of the sour experiences other people are having on the dry down. It's a great everyday perfume, but I would wear it to a sophisticated day function as well. Not much of a night-time fragrance.

AllieJ
AllieJ

This smells much softer and much more powdery from the bottle than on my skin - on me it's extremely sharp, citrusy and green. I found Jour d'Hermes to be very underwhelming. While I can't find anything one thing wrong with it in particular, I personally want perfume to make me feel prettier, sexier, more romantic, etc. This is not a scent that does any of those things. Nothing special.

funny creature
funny creature

I once caught this fragrance on a colleague and liked it so much that decided to try it on myself. After wearing it for about a week, I understood that it's not my cup of tea. Whereas on my colleague I smell light cheerful flowers, happy spring spirit, sparkling though rather simple and straightforward beauty, on me one more note appears which destroys the charm of this perfume, it's something sour, something that reminds me of metal waft... yuk! So, I enjoy it on that colleague of mine but it just doesn't work on me.

Rasyima Ghazali
Rasyima Ghazali

same goes to me. i don't feel like buying a bottle. I'm open to any smells, however the smells doesnt attract me to buy it. yeah I know it is Hermes...

kittybrmow
kittybrmow

This was a blind buy and I regret the purchase. The scent is light and is not something I will be wearing. It has beachy smell.

BillyJean
BillyJean

I was reading Luca Turin's reviews in Style Arabia. I was not at all surprised how low many new releases scored. So when I saw 4 stars for Jour my ears perked up.
I got a bottle based on reviews.
Sunny smooth creamy minimalistic. But there is something about the dry down that you either love or hate and I read here people perceive it in different ways. Sour and unpleasant or woody and lovably warm. Can I be anosmic to the aforementioned musk in the base??? Oh dear I hope not as this pretty bottle cost me quite a bit of money. I will keep trying.

5228r
5228r

People might not agree with me this is a toned done Terre d'hermes pure perfume and also if the bottle could be redesigned interms of been simple it would have been accepted as a unisex perfume.
Because I tested this today and I can proudly say it could be worn by a man.

As it is quite green fragrance, it reminds me of Un jardin collection.
It's nice, moderate, nothing too overpowering. Suitable for ordinary daytime fragrance.
It reminds me of nature and herbs. Despite of that, it's a classy perfume.
I like it's freshness and modesty. Pretty!

JaiTee
JaiTee

This perfume is like the first bright day after a week of dark skies and rain.

Jour d'Hermes is fresh, light and quietly optimistic.

Incidentally, it made me want to go find my bottle of cK One that I have packed away somewhere in my things from high school. Something about it makes me think it could almost be a unisex scent...as if cK One grew up after all these years.

chain
chain

My first Hermes perfume and am like mehn! Lets just say l wont be purchasing any perfume from Hermes again,beating my damn self for purchasing this stuff and l cant return same....back to my no buy policy,until l exhaust my current collection & if l have to purchase any fragrance ,it has to be dirt cheap...l paid 18,500 Naira for this eish.

brettashley
brettashley

Lusting after this perfume something terrible. People wax poetic about how this is a beautiful comeback for the house of Hermes, etc., but mostly… I want it because it smells like sunscreen. Classy, high-end sunscreen, on a classy, high-end beach vacation, but it is what it is, folks.

…might edit my review if I ever get my hands on a bottle, and spend more time with it.

Majesty

I am having a love-hate relationship with Jour d'Hermes. Once I thing that it smells like a citrus dish soap but then I am loving it for the way it warms up when you are wearing it all day. On my skin it's so strong on grapefruit,no flowers for half n'hour!As time goes by white flowers join in.The drydown is my best and absolutely delightful moment. Warm woods,white flowers and just a hint of citruses. Uplifting,energizing but still beautiful and elegant. Very good lasting power on me. Almost all day!

LaPetite
LaPetite

Not sure I like it. With the mix of the citrus and the aquatic notes it makes the thing smell like dish soap or window cleaner.
Maybe I should try it again in spring or summer.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

I am a male and I have it, almost all hermes could be unisex. On my skin it is very fresh and natural, I like it a lot! casual, spring-summer, daily scent :) I recently fell in love with Hermes fragrances because it is amazing how natural and original they are!

Hellita
Hellita

This is just LOVELY!

Cocoagogo
Cocoagogo

Pretty, feminine and of quality, but mousy and mealy-mouthed. Would be a nice scent for Melanie Wilkes....

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I smell pickles in this. Not the kind of whiff you'd get by sticking your nose in a jat of them, more of a fresh smell, perhaps the kind of scent a freshly made, half-brined pickle would have, still a fresh cucumber smell, but brined and dilled. A very strange experience.

jmarie92
jmarie92

OH MY GOD it's love at first sniff with this fragrance. I picked up the bottle while browsing random perfumes and as soon as I smelled it I knew I had to try it in my skin right away because I was just so intrigued, and as soon as I took that first sniff, I was in love. I've never instantly loved perfume like I L O V E this one! On the initial spray I get a burst of white florals with a refreshing twist of citrus but it soon dries down to a mesmerizing blend of gardinia and warm musk. It's so classic and mature, yet almost whimsical in a way. Completely charming.

bibou7
bibou7

I love this perfume so much . It's quite simple but original at the same time. I'm fourteen I hate heavy smells so I think this perfume is perfect for me. I think it smells like daisies and rhubarb yogurt ( which might be weird but I love it)

PolarBear2

drydown is Sur Le Toit, the reviewer who said it is right. See my review on Jardin Sur Le Toit.

Fmcandy

Not another floral! Not at all. this is my second review. I ve been using J D H , you never get tired. It s so elegant. The scents Ellena creates are unique, well done, original. I t s difficult for me to smell the flowers, I do get citrus, something earthy and some far away cigarette, like being near a lady who smokes virginia slims & sips whiskey. All very subtle and sensual. Im going to get a refill. Ellena creations makes me happy.

Somehow I thought that Jour d'Hermès was going to be feminine, but it's not really at all. There is a lot of citrus and a sharp green facet, but not much in the way of identifiable flowers, and the composition is not at all sweet. It's actually rather tangy, more like a citrus cologne for summertime than the perfume I was expecting to be housed in such a gorgeous vessel...

The longer this juice sits on my skin, the more I am reminded of Un Jardin sur le Toit. There's definitely a decaying fruit salad effect here. All in all, this fragrance is too tangy for me. I suspect that it would clash with some people's natural skin scent. I also find the composition rather masculine and wonder why it is being marketed to women rather than as a unisex, since it is certainly no more feminine than Toit. To me, this is basically Tangy Toit.

puddley
puddley

Wow. A strong opinion from Polarbear2!

I disagree. I've smelt a great deal of both niche and mainstream scents (I write about them) and I think Jour D' Hermes is a stunning example of luminous euphoric citrus with all sorts of subtle nuances that you can pick up through it's journey.

The note descriptors (as always) for JCL authored Hermes scents, are a little vague and inconclusive. This reminds me very much of his Rose Ikebana, in that there is a strong sense of rhubarb that rides all the way through from start to end. In fact I detect very little in the way of 'white floral'. What exists is kind of abstract florality that sits quietly under a much louder citrus bomb. For me, this is primarily about the grapefruit, lemon, rhubarb and a little musk. The musk anchors it really well giving me over 6 hours of wear, quite substantial for a citrus scent. It's ideal for this time of year when I crave the long, light days of spring. It removes me from the fug of winter.
Perfumed prozac.

1nov
1nov

it's an okay scent .. good for day time , you can wear this for work ..

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

I smell grapefruit, mimose (not listed in the notes) and musk. Maybe a little Freesia.

While this is not quite to my taste I think that it is a floral that would appeal to citrus lovers.

It would also work well in hot weather.

PolarBear2

Another so-so fragrance from Hermes. Not crazy about this. More hype than substance. Can Jean Claude Elena come up with something more original rather than distilled copies of this and that perfume ? Come on ! those who think this is absolutely gorgeous have not much exposure with niche perfumes and several of Jean Claude Elena's perfumes are copies of them. In his interview he admits being a fan of old perfumes. The coincidence is too strong among his perfumes that it is simply disgusting to market something that isnt worth the hype at all. NO ORIGINALITY, NO CREATIVITY, NO COMPLEXITY and worse, the metamorphosis of the scents sometimes just stops midway and/or THE DRYDOWNS DISAPPOINTING.

Another floral scent not worth buying . Save the money.

nicotinegum
nicotinegum

Subtle and understated, exactly what I like.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Not unpleasant, but nothing special either. Citrusy vaguely abstract white floral. Sprayed it 8 times and can barely smell it after one hour. Maybe for people who usually don't like to wear perfume? It seems to me that JCE is running out of inspiration. Looking forward to Christine Nagel creating for Hermes.

Caist
Caist

Heavenly, sophisticated, radiant

Hermes blew me away with this one, to get a fragrance as complex as this to be so soft, and that lemon note makes it have a light within itself. If you want a scent for everyday, and want a classy but not outdated feel to it, GO OUT AND SMELL THIS. I just imagine a glow in my mind when I smell this, and something very pure about it. Angelic, maybe?

lecatmo
lecatmo

Tested first in shop on the skin and liked it.
After few months tested on the skin at home: Starts pretty with lemon, white flowers, little bit of grapefruit and has got that watery feel, then it goes through the white flowers blending with musk, and after like 30mins settles to mainly musky scent with little bit of all of the above.
Liked the beggining but the strong musk drydown made me feel disgusted :(

id
id

A pretty and elegant floral fragrance, suitable for the daytime and summer or spring. I get grapefruit note at the opening and the note of white flowers joins very fast and creates a bitterness at least on my skin. I'm not a lover of gardenia, it keeps me constantly checking my wrists if it is still here. Yes, and it stays till the end even it gets softer and less noticeable. Longevity is about 6 hours on my skin. Sillage is moderate. With all my respect to J. C. Ellena, this time I'll pass. And I highly recommend to test it before buying.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Starts out as a slightly tangy and fresh "your skin but better" scent. It's sweeter and more floral and musky in the drydown, and throughout the whole time, I can pick up on a faint woodiness.

It's a perfectly nice, well behaved scent, soft but longlasting, but not particularly memorable. Considering this is Hermès and that it's quite pricy, I couldn't possibly justify a purchase.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Starts with grapefruit then quite quickly a leather note appears. I got a sort of wet shoes note strangely. Then I got a distinct touch of tobacco or nicotine.

The dry down is a rather cold citrus leather/nicotine to my nose. Very work-appropriate if you like a cool, serious, reserved perfume for work but to me, though it smells elegant and expensive its thin coldness lacks warmth or charm. More of an air-kiss than a hug, but if your work environment requires tough cool-headed ruthlessness as opposed to people skills it may well work a treat!

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

Pleasant lemon citrus with a warm leather dry down. Very work appropriate. Smells like a gourmet bath soap due to the clean, low sillage, minimalistic beauty of these notes.

PiankoPianko
PiankoPianko

I'm in love with this perfume

bleulady
bleulady

From my paper sample I get lemon, grapefruit and then, surprise, leather.

snowtree
snowtree

Turin has an excellent review of this for StyleArabia. I agree, a great unisex tea-floral slightly on the fem side but no more than a few classics in the unisex Hermessence line like Rose Ikebana, Osmanthe Yunnan, and Vanille Galante which I love........ and certainly no more than the fantastic Un Jardin line. A lot of guys would balk at wearing these but then there are a lot of guys who aren't like a lot of guys and can pull this off easily, especially in the warmer months, me included. And as long as my girlfriend swipes my Puredistance M, Geranium Pour Monsieur, Eau Sauvage, and Dior Homme to name a few, I don't want to hear any of you girls turn your noses up at men wearing this. There are a ton from Malle, Diptyque, Bond, ELdO, and Lutens that cross the line yet are properly identified as unisex and for good reason. I can't get enough of this particular fragrance. Amazing scent. Longevity is really nice despite what others are saying. Not over the top, but definitely projects for many hours. If you're having problems, a little on your fabric is enough to get beautiful wafts all day. I adore tea scents and this is a great one. Here is Luca's review:

FOUR STARS
Nobody does transparent fragrances like Jean-Claude Elléna, and despite the industry’s almost unlimited ability to analyze and copy, the trick he first sprung upon the world with Bulgari’s Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert in 1992 remains pretty much his, and his alone. The hard bit is to simultaneously achieve transparency and saturation. Too little color and the fragrance is just wan and bloodless, too much and you lose the radiance and the freshness. What was lacking in Eau Parfumée and other masterpieces inspired by Elléna’s discovery like cK One and Tommy Girl was more refinement in the raw materials. One assumes that Hermès gives Elléna a bit more money to play with, and the result is sure-footed and attractive in the manner of a skilful watercolor. In the tea-like top notes, Jour is reminiscent of the old Acaciosa [Caron], and eventually settles to a quiet, clean and stable blur of floral freshness. As is typical of the style, Jour would make an excellent masculine too.

FashionSavvyDolly
FashionSavvyDolly

I purchased this fragrance the same day it launched, so I may have fallen victim to the hype. I do like this fragrance however I wouldn't say that it's my absolute fave. It 's a very pretty clean citrusy/green scent, very unoffensive. Perfect for the office and for wear during the day. I tend to wear this during the spring and the latter part of the summer. The bottle is also quite beautiful and refillable.

Eos
Eos

I tested this today assuming it would be love and was disappointed. So much love for this by perfumistas, but alas on my skin it smells strongly of astringent citrus, lily of the valley and a vague greenish note verging on freshly cut wet hay. I can see some lovers of certain green florals such as Vent Vert loving this, but I do not.

Adjames
Adjames

I experienced a lingering-all-day experiences with one spray - initially I actually thought tea was in it - very fresh citrusy combination with a peppery/powdery note, mostly from the gardenia although this is by no means a gardenia strong fragrance. The florals are balanced so not one stands out too much. A lovely fresh fragrance which dries down on me to be more musky/green. I initially thought a summer fragrance, but really this could pass as all season due to the green/musky dry down which thickens it. Nice balanced fragrance - elegant and just slightly sweet (definitely not gourmand and that is a good thing). Important to remember that others smell fragrance on us even when we can no longer do so :-)

This fragrance is in the same vein as Flora Botanica and other new ones that emphasize the lush green/flora mix these days, but I like this one better because it is balanced. The others push me away with the pedal on the green too much, making it imbalanced to my nose. This one is very complimentary and is a "happy" one that keeps the mood light.

Update: 11/19/13: The dry down reminds me just a tad of another fragrance that I love...just a bit of Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain? Could it be? There are some similar ingredients.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

I like JDH eau de parfum enough to own a lottle bottle of it and think it is a beautiful day scent. I don't even smell flowers in it. For me, this is a comforting, creamy lemon scent, wirh a touch of honey.
I was strolling through a Duty Free shop in an airport the other day, my fragrance radar was on and I noticed something. Jour d'Hermes PARFUM. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Parfum. I spritzed. I went from finding JDH pleasant to loving it. I felt and smelled like a Queen. Many people asked me what I was wearing. It is simply amazing.
Then I got to London Heathrow and hunted this down. I found it, spritzed again and checked the price. My jaw dropped.
The duty free price was 102£ for 7,5 ml.
I have never ever heard of anything this expensive.
Has anyone else tested the Parfum yet?

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

A tender, transparent floral with a hint of clean lemon. Surprisingly rich and long lasting but never overbearing. Class in a bottle. I've found my new daytime signature!

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Oh, Hermes how you break my heart!!! I was so excited to buy a bottle of the new wildly talked about Jour. I go to Nordstrom's spray my wrist and top of my hand. I tell the lovely SA I will be back and take my beautiful smelling self to wander thru the ladies shoes department. One hour...60 MINUTES...it is nearly gone.

Seriously!!! Give me a break!!!

Dear dear JCE...not releasing a description of the notes...getting all us perfumistas salivating with anticipation about a new release from the beloved house of Hermes just to totally disappoint us with a quickie and then bye bye.
Well...
tsk...tsk...tsk...

If I want a gorgeous Hermes scent that doesn't hang around my money is going to Iris Ukiyoe. That one is a gorgeous soft iris in all its glory and worth every fleeting penny!!!

lysine
lysine

JdH is more like a daughter of Amarige, but unfortunately nowhere close to the glorious floralcy of its ancestor. The rose is too much in here, gives the honey-like/juicy heavy floral aspect - honestly, makes it a bit too intense and mainstream compared to previous works of Ellena.

I cannot relate this perfume to Hermes.

The connection to Un Jardin Sur Le Nil indeed exists, more as a Magnolan type of green note in both perfumes.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Powdery perfection, white floral, delicately citrusy, feminine and elegant.

persefonex
persefonex

Is a very feminine scent. At the beginning is citrus and rare; but finally is totally floral. Tuberose a lot. I love Un Jardin Sur Le Nil because is complex and unusual and i'm disagree with people that say this scent is like Un Jardin. Totally not.
I think that this scent is lady like, sutil, even simple. A scent to use in the office, in Spring, in a country club; but Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is amazing and nothing like this.

sherien
sherien

Just got it yesterday.. after almost 2 months thinking whether to buy it or not.. every time I sniff it , get them (ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmm) feeling.. it's extremely comforting, lady like, and definitely suitable for all occasions, staying power, 1 spritz on my shoulders, and I had a goodnight sleep :), woke up , and it was still there.. pure comfort

weijia.li.33
weijia.li.33

got it as a sample when purchasing eyecream from norstrom. It smells warm, lemony and powdery. It's good for fall and winter.

lilou
lilou

Nice and luminous. Lemony and floral. For discreet women.
Very good lasting power.

williamvargas
williamvargas

sat next to a lovely woman on a flight to los angeles about two weeks ago..i asked if I might know the perfume she was wearing, she told me this one, wrote it down for me.. when I got back home I ordered some for my wife.. she was very pleased..very lovely light with a slightly floral I got the lemon..just smells so bright and fresh. a lovely fragrance. I don't think age specific either it would smell wonderful on all..a smile from me.
very safe scent for a woman to wear in an office environment.. would be welcome..

anna.dkr5

By the way, I've had a chance to read the back of the box of this in a perfume store. It contains oakmoss.

sapphira07
sapphira07

I own many perfumes and this is in my top 5 favorite scents. it is classic and magnificent, subtle and evocative. i am not scent gifted but i smell the most interesting blend of lemons and roses with other soft floral elements. To me it is what I want a man to smell when he is very close to me. It would be a gift for his nostrils - as all perfumes should be

desertrat
desertrat

In a word: LOVELY! Think feminine with a splash of dressed up sophistication yet warm and approachable. The first spritz for me is lemon, sweet pea, lily of the valley, and honeysuckle. I was immediately transported in time to my grandparents' English garden. The body lotion quickly develops to vanilla and lemon but not sweet. It's light but projects well in our hot Arizona desert. Wear it with confidence anywhere and in close quarters. The gorgeous bottle is refillable. PS It is like Un Jardin Sur le Toit but without the apple note. On me it is a skin scent and the dry down lasts for hours.

truffles
truffles

Sprayed this on neck and wrists at an airport today, thinking it was one I'd liked on a card. Might have got that one a bit wrong as I really don't like this one. Although no notes are given here, I was sniffing and sniffing at this and thinking it was a bit disappointing and then I realised what it strongly reminds me of - the new Balmain Ivoire. A very strong similarity between the two to my nose. I liked the Balmain a while ago in a shop and then completely went off it to the point where it became a 'scrubber'. Same for the Hermes for me I'm afraid. That floral/white floral/'ozonic' or whatever it is blend is just not for me, I find it sickly, strange and cloying.

artsyrn
artsyrn

Lovely orange,subtle lemon,sweet lily of the valley and alluring musk stand out in a fresh and sophisticated arrangement. I am really enjoying this newest addition to my collection. This is a soft scent by my standards,something almost pure,but not wholly innocent. Nothing childish here.

anna.dkr5

This is really good, soft, and sophisticated. I can smell white flowers (mostly lily-of-the-valley) in the opening, and a citrus accord in the heart and base notes. The floral notes persist along with the citrus throughout the drydown. This is a feminine fragrance with a strong personality, but it isn't loud by any means. I even find it sexy.
I'm usually not into florals, but can't stop sniffing my wrist!

fidil2012
fidil2012

rose lemonade. sweet but inedible. marvelous.

hunterblu
hunterblu

I get citrus for the first few minutes and then loads of Lily Of The Valley, Magnolia, maybe Neroli and a base of a hefty amount of musk with maybe some vanilla (not sugar sweet) and Sandalwood.

This is a very interesting fragrance. In the course of an hour I go from really liking it to wanting to scrub it off to liking it again...and on and on. So strange. Can not make up my mind, which is surprising considering I LOVE most of JCE's and Hermes' fragrances.

Guess I'll just keep sampling until I get a definitive answer.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

It starts with the scent of mallows: a pleasant green and lemony scent, smells like some kind of pot plant, like geranium; or like something I would put in a salad perhaps. I really liked this scent, it was clean and green, until it grew very sweet on me - green bitter sweet, to be exact. It did not smell bad, but I liked the second stage of development a bit less. The longevity and projection were decent.

sofiebgoode

I tested this for a few days in early spring and changed my mind back and forth about it, then finally decided i didn't quite like it enough to buy a bottle. this morning a girl sat next to me on the bus wearing jour d'hermes, and it made me happy instantly. now i know i want it. simple as that :)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

this is a very light and airy citrus white floral! Thats it ......next.

kerry_rahma
kerry_rahma

This is def white floral, and although i'm trying to love this perfume as i am a lover of white flower, i just can't be in love with this.. Upon spraying, i get a very hard and strong citrusy powder slapping my nose, and then suddenly the sweet lily of the valley is coming out and start dominating, but then at drydown, the citrus is back sourly and the floral is there with some green spicy scent, probably celery as celebrity89 says. It's totally unique, lovely and expensive scent, a woman scent, but just not for me as it lacks of sweetness.

Edit a few days after my sample vial is finished, i just realised how much i like this perfume.. A definite buy for me.. Amazing spicy fresh flower, with unique scent.. Lots of compliments wearing this..

Disa_17
Disa_17

Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women is absolutely gorgeous. My purchase was a secondhand, blind buy. Lucky for me the seller stated that it didn't suite her skin and decided to sell. On my skin it is beautiful. I live in the tropics and prefer light, clean florels. Jour d'Hermes Hermes for women ticks all the boxes with an added delightful peppery note. Its staying power is excellent. I love this fragrance and will certainly repurchase. LOVE it!

Ditta70
Ditta70

Yet another scent that starts off as "wow", but after 15 minutes or so starts its journey down to hell. Instead of melting into my skin it just falls apart and gets progressively more and more disharmonious, sundry discordant notes sticking out here and there. It's longevity is remarkable, though, I tried first to wash, then scrub it of my hand, yet it lingered around annoyingly for quite a while. Not for me.

bettybluebell
bettybluebell

Admittedly, I have not tried all Hermes fragrances, but the ones available at Sephora I tried and tried again. There is a problem for me in that they all smell so similar and that similarity is in, I think, the strong grapefruit note that I just do not like. My first impression of Jour d'Hermes was...here we go again. The citrus note is there for sure, but it is the combination of delicate florals and unknown ingredients in the drydown that is the perfect elixir for my taste. It is now the middle of a heat wave and Jour d'Hermes is not cloying in the least, and I'm practically bathing in the juice. Strangely my search for an Hermes leather fragrance has ended (for now) because this eau de parfum is a gorgeous rendering of luminous flowers with the sheerest possible layer of, I swear, leather. I know I could be completely off base, but in my mind and imagination, this high quality fragrance captures a bouquet of tender flowers and a boutique filled with fine leather goods.

kadinurr
kadinurr

Gorgeous heavy bottle and calming balanced perfume, but sadly it turns really sour on my skin. My body chemistry just kills it.

Majesty

Tried a sample of Jour d'Hermes,the truth is I am not impressed.I was waiting for something more..Opens like a green and slightly citrus fragrance. It's soft, lily of the valley with some citrus which turns a bit powdery when it dries down.To my nose it smells like sunrise,it's like nature waking up in the morning although it doesn't convince me to love it.So my feelings are neutral,I can see that as a plain flowery fragrance,inoffensive,a crowd pleaser.Lasting power is moderate while stays close to the skin. Better wear it during spring/summer time.

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

I find Jour d'Hermes a tropical fruit-laden variation of Un Jardin Sur le Nil. It has the juicy, tart tropical fruits of Byredo's Pulp with the complex, sheer mango, citrus, carrot, floral and incense notes of Sur le Nil. Reasonable sillage and longevity- the bottle is simply amazing and looks uber luxe. I weighed mine (75ml) and it was 655g! A good Spring/Summer fragrance with Ellena's unmistakable signature style. As good as it is, I do find Ellena a bit repetitive these days.

Bulu
Bulu

If a perfume had a sound this would be the soft clear ring of a crystal bell hanging in the air.

This is classic Ellena, deceptively simple and hiding a complexity that is perfectly balanced. You can see from my profile that I am a fan of heavy, louder scents, but this is beautiful, a feminine breath of fresh air.

Totally a wedding perfume :)

mudpach
mudpach

Jean-Claude Ellena shows what is the percect floral scent todays. Simply beauty without frippery and unnecessary fashonable notes.
The Jour d'Hermes is a simply floral scent, unique perfume between the candy-oud-woody scents.
I have a bottle, because I felling in love with this beautyful, feminime and soft floraly scent.

erica_74
erica_74

tested it again today! Yes it is a Hermes floral, you sense that immediatelly, but it does not blow me away ...yet! I was wondering what scent it strongly reminded me of after the initial quarter and then it struck me: Estee Lauder Pleasures!!!!!??! Thankfully the dry down is more of a Kelly Caleche! Nice but not a hallmark.

Edited: Tried it again yesterday... come on, nobody sees the resemblance to Pleasures? after the first 20 minutes they smell too much alike with Jour having as a plus an elegant bergamot note that Pleasures is missing!

Wildberry
Wildberry

there is absolutely no resemblance to Un jardin sur le toit, Un jardin sur le nil . It's soft, clean, powdery...white floral notes which i don't like... and nothing memorable...

perilandia
perilandia

I love Hermes perfumes, but in my opinion this fragrance is very close to Un jardin sur le toit, Un jardin sur le nil and Voyage.
Is a lovely perfume but not very original
But easy to wear and classy. Ideal for summer days in which you will feel fresh and beautiful

magda14012
magda14012

The scent is adorable at the beginning. Soft, clean and sophisticated at the same time. There are some echoes of Kelly Caleche, however it is smoother, lighter and softer- stays close to the skin.
Unfortunately after an hour or so it turns sour on my skin. Will need to test it again and see how it works with my personal chemistry.

iamagoddess12
iamagoddess12

i love this perfume no matter what =P

sofiii
sofiii

Sour, watery, carrot-y, a bit lukewarm, near-rotten citrus peel marks the not-that-glamorous beginning of Jour d’Hermes.
As the sour fruit beginning gradually disappears, I can smell some vaguely peony smell, which gives way to a ambiguous, yet typically JCE style of clean, minimalistic watery slightly citrusy-musk-woody impression.

I can see this perfume being popular, because it’s Hermes and it has this clean, elegant quality in it. Especially in this world which is now bombarded by sugary synthetic notes, something light like a cologne will be a nice change.
However, I’m not a fan of JCE’s perfumes, his cleanness makes me nervous sometimes, thus Jour d’Hermes is going to be another one I’ll simply pass.

In Vogue
In Vogue

The description here and in the ads are highly misleading regarding this one. I can just picture all the rich women who will buy it blind based on that, and their ensuing shock and surprise.
This is really a masculine eau de cologne in disguise, being marketed as a feminine. It's a high quality citrus eau de cologne with vegetal undertones, such as a definite celery note (a little eau de cuisine, as I like to think of these vegetable notes), and a subtle touch of green grass.
Males should definitely consider wearing this.

Gabi310
Gabi310

Can't make my mind up about Jour d'Hermes. I find the opening too synthetic. I suspect it's the iso E super which probably gives the composition its rounded, soft, velvety charachter. Once it vanishes, in about half an hour, a very feminin, beautiful, soft, fragrant bouquet of white flowers start to bloom which is impossible not to fall in love with. Unfortunately the odd opening note plays hide and seek, resurfacing occasionally, making it difficult for me to commit.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I get citrus opening on the base of florals(smells kind of like peonies to me and I don't smell gardenia like some people at all) and woodsy musk. I would have loved to know what it in it exactly.
It smells nice and summery. However, the lasting power was horrible on me-I could barely smell it at all. I see that one of the reviewers had simular experience. If this scent lasted on you, I am jealous. I will see if I can get a sample and try it out this way as its quite lovely. I just wish I could smell it!

laantjebanaantje

The opening of Jour d'Hermes to me is nothing short of marvelous. If you happen to be familiar with an Italian wine called Moscato d'Asti, the opening of this perfume is exactly like a sip of that wine. Delicious and refreshing.
I'm not wild about what follows, especially when compared to the opening, but I would buy a bottle simply for the first hour.

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

i've got pink grapefruit juice with pink pepper. Love this scent!

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Seems that Ellena fancies being enigmatic !

I like Jour d'Hermès. Somehow it reminds me of some scents from my childhood.

About the fragrance itself, what I get on my wrist and paper strip is...

• Top notes : aldehydes, citruses, yuzu, flowers (lily of the valley, neroli,...).

• Middle notes : flower fest ! I do get a lot of lily, a hint of rose, of orange blossom, yuzu flowers, maybe some iris making the whole thing powdery. Given all the different flowers listed by the reviewers I wonder if Ellena hasn't created a new molecule giving varying floral notes for each skin... who knows !

• Base notes : some kind of white musk ? There might be some sandalwood and vanilla also. And of course : Iso E Super, Ellena's favorite base note !

I have no idea about the longevity of Jour, all I know is that it lasted at least 24 hours on the paper strip and that it was projecting quite well.

The words that come to my mind when smelling it are : light, cheerful, uplifting, clean, airy and appealing.

Ellena the poet and his fagrances. Lovely !

EDIT : I was trying a single note, yuzu flower only cologne today, and it kind of striked me - Jour d'Hermès smells like it. So I'm pretty confident about adding yuzu flowers in the list. And it's a really prominent note in the fragrance.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

Sickening. I do not understand the hype behind this one. It's a fantastic appetite-suppreessant at least. Every time I lift my food up to my mouth, all I can smell is this. Yuck! Sorry everyone

mhtpaints
mhtpaints

This is a great fragrance...I make atomizers for people to support Autism, mars18golfer@gmail.com, and EVERYONE WANTS this one!! I'm on my 4th bottle!!
Nordstrom loves me::)

The lotion that is of the same name is also wonderful, light, but not too light, fragrant but not overly, and not sticky at all...lotion is perfect.
The perfume while great, has a beautiful bottle, and I also collect bottles.
YET THE BOTTLE HAS A VERY BIG PROBLEM AND HERMES SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THIS...WHAT HAPPENED TO QUALITY CONTROL?
I am on my 4th bottle, as I decant to atomizers; mine, and even the department stores bottles ALL___have the white paint from the top of the bottle peeling off.
It also happens with regular every day use..not just frequent use...never mind--should NEVER happen, and it's expensive.
I wrote Hermes, and still have yet to hear back.
PErfume good...bottle substantial, yet doesn't maintain its' dignity.

tresj
tresj

Ooh, adore! (Missk's notes, below, was v. close to what I observed too.) Opening: bright burst of grapefruit and lemon (or, a perfect pomelo), a little aldehyde and pink pepper. Within seconds, softens to the white flowers: gardenia, iris, lily of the valley, rose, and orange blossom accords; no single flower dominates. I also get a whiff of tea. Next the citrus undertone mellows into a powdery peach (not syrupy like the Tresor peaches), and the white flowers get watery, like hyacinth. All this is the first 5-10 min; for the rest of the day, I get a really slow development toward white musk and vanilla, with a tiny bit of sandalwood or oakmoss that keeps it elegant, not gourmand-y.

I think Jour is perfect as the sheer, light gorgeousness it is. One me, one spray lasts a whole day (though it's a skin scent by evening); though judging from the other reviews, wear time varies dramatically by skin chemistry. But please note that this perfume is not bold. And there is nothing you can do to make it bold. If you drench yourself, the scent will still ride very close to the body after the first 20ish minutes; people more than 1-2 feet away may get an occasional (lovely) whiff, but Jour isn't going to stop traffic on the street. I happen to love this transparency and discreetness, but it's not for everyone. So know before you buy. :) Me, I'm just glad to have found a spring/summer scent that doesn't make me feel like a preteen!

sue165
sue165

I was so happy that I finally bought it yesterday but so disappointed no longevity no sillage :( I want my money back :((((

SMIG25perfumes
SMIG25perfumes

so nice and fresh! very aldehydic, I can smell the molecules :) I think it has a tea side as well.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I think it's fascinating that Jean Claude Ellena has withheld the scent pyramid from us on this one. Each person has their own interpretation of the composition and the notes vary significantly with each subjective review.
No doubt it's a marketing ploy and one that has worked well for me. When I first tested this I asked the sales assistant what the notes were as she handed me the card. She shrugged and said she didn't know exactly, but that it was a floral. (Mental note to self: check out the notes on the iPhone once I get out of the store.)
So we both stopped for a moment to consider what we were smelling. I got flowers, but couldn't decipher which ones, possibly honeysuckle, but the strongest notes for me were citrus followed closely by luscious honey. As I revealed my musings to the sales assistant, she refined this further by suggesting citrus blossom, possibly linden or lemon.

Whatever the notes, the perfume is a masterpiece and one that I simply must have. I have been searching for a citrus based perfume that I can wear in summer and this is the one.

I wonder if I had found the notes on my iPhone after testing I would still be lusting after it? I somehow think as perfumistas we anaylse and dissect our perfumes too much and in doing so we risk missing the beauty within.

patxaran
patxaran

Tested this today in a store... the first dominant notes to my nose are grapefruit and what seems to be rhubarb. A truly sparkling fragrance. The scent evolves into something more citrussy and peppery very much typical for Jean Claude Ellena's composition. In fact, if you are familiar with his creations, imagine Jour to be a crossover between Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, Un Jardin Apres La Mousson and Voyage of course with a big dose of je ne sais quoi added. Conclusion this is not a safe blind buy guys. Love it or hate it kind of thing. Seven hours after spraying this on, I can still sniff it.... drydown slightly sour and peppery (here reminds me of Un Jardin ALM) with animalic base.

meama
meama

15) Olalala que c'est plat, c'est Super Plat, mais si vous aimez néanmoins ce genre allez essayer Afternoon of a Faun par Etat Libre d'Orange, ça ressemble déjà plus à un parfum.

Olalala it is flat, it's even like the wallflower, but if you still like this kind you have to try Afternoon of a Faun by ELO, it already looks more like a perfume.

Jour d'Hermes is quite a heavy-hitting floral with some fruit/citric notes. Without an official scent pyramid, the task of reviewing this fragrance is a little difficult. I will try my very best to pinpoint the notes as I go along.

When I say that Jour d'Hermes has strong projection, I mean it. One spray, and my whole bedroom smelt of Jour d'Hermes for nearly three days. Sometimes its presence was welcomed, other times it gave me a headache and made me open some windows.

I'll take a stab in the dark and guess that the most dominant accords are rose, lily of the valley, orange blossom, grapefruit, peach, gardenia, hyacinth, sandalwood and musk. Jean Claude Ellena wanted us to "discover our own choice of flowers, and smell what we want to smell", (as noted in Victoria's review on Bois de Jasmin).

Jour d'Hermes is quite a sunny and tart fragrance, however I find it a little too strong for a warm Summer's day. Perhaps Spring and Autumn would be the best seasons to wear this scent.

In comparison to the rest of the Hermes range, I quite like Jour d'Hermes, however I do wish it was a touch softer with maybe less citrus. The longevity is of course superb, and the packaging simple yet classy. It's not a fragrance that will appeal to everyone, but it certainly adds a unique flair to the Hermes brand.

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

MMMMM I like it!!! I like to wear it in the spring sunny days! So full of energy and personality, unique and sexy. People asks to me what perfume I'm wearing because "it's smells good"! And I agree: it's smells good. I feel better when I wear it!

Strathmore
Strathmore

I fell in love with Jour d'Hermes the minute I smelt it. Well, that's not quite true - actually it took me a little while to realize that it was quite a beautiful scent - & then I started to wonder where I had smelt it before - which also took some time. I finally thought that it v much reminded me of Diorella by Dior. I could be mistaken but it was certainly by Dior.

My favourite perfumes are Cabochard by Gres & Bandit by Robert Piguet but there would be many other perfumes that I love, too. 19 by Chanel would be another scent I adore as well as Mitsuko by Guerlain. I used to love the old Miss Dior but it doesn't smell the same today.

I look forward to wearing Jour d'Hermes the next time I try a new perfume!

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

Such a happy smell! It's like spring in a bottle. -- and believe me, as all blessed to live under Canadian skies this year, we need anything that can remind us of spring. I agree with other comments that this is an abstract sort of floral. I detect grapefruit and honeysuckle. And a bit of musk in the dry down. I wouldn't be able to pinpoint the other notes.

Because of the honeysuckle, it reminds me of Chanel Beige. But just as you know you smell a Chanel when you wear Beige, you know you are smelling an Hermes when you wear Jour. And both are equally pretty in an understated, yet luminous kind of way.

butterbean
butterbean

A very fresh clean GRAPEFRUIT scent -- for sure. I'd recognize tart grapefruit anywhere! It is a blast of sharp citrus grapefruit peel. Not sweet. Well balanced with a white floral note or two...

White flower... could be gardenia or maybe its jasmine...probably gardenia, but its not very heady. There is a muskiness to it --Dry down feels like all musk.

It is a VERY nice summer scent. Not sweet or fruity. Its citrusy tart and a little gardenia white floral with a musky end.

Longevity is 4 hours. Sillage is about arm length.

I really like this scent. It's fresh, clean, faintly white floral.
The balance of the notes is VERY WELL DONE. I love LOVE the dry down its smooth and gorgeous!!

I really wish the notes were listed -- I want to know what is in it for sure.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I tried it today at Nordstrom, very nice, floral, pricy but pretty!

Henriette
Henriette

Maybe it's me, but I find this so similar to the other recent Hermés Jardin de (whatever). I do not detect any innovative, original, new idea, development, ingredient (whatever).
It's certainly a nice scent, lovely for spring, with nice lasting power but did we really need another one of these?

pelega
pelega

really like Caudalie ''Divine oil''.Men commment usually this scent

dormir6
dormir6

There are only a few fragrances that I don't like. It is one of them. Unfortunately it has some bothering pamplelune-like herb or spice in it that reminds me sweeaty skin with adrenaline. I am so sorry, It has beautiful bottle, and I like Hermes frags overall.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have worn this gorgeous scent for 5 days now, spraying and going through its amazing development many times. I am finally ready to write about it. Hermes Jour d'Hermes is an enigmatic scent, a seamless whole of many parts that all blend together so perfectly that you have to work hard to detect the movement from one note to the next. This perfume is like an Impressionist painting. When you stand back from it and see the whole it is stunning, but when you get closer and try to pick apart exactly how it works it's harder to see.

This is by far the most perfectly balanced and blended scent I have ever encountered. It opens with a lemony bergamot/petitgrain note with other greens that I can't quite identify. There is also honeysuckle in the opening I realized that gives part of the green feeling and maybe a bit of muguet du bois. There may also be a bit of other fruit in the opening- it's very subtle, possibly lychee, maybe osmanthus or apple blossom, which smells fruity to me. Then a soupcon of what may be basil and coriander along with the natural green scent of the honeysuckle vine. Neroli, orange blossom enters at this point and is so glorious and bright, like a perfect spring day.

Then a perfect tuberose appears and lingers for maybe 5 minutes. She is followed by a pink rose, soft and perfect. Then jasmine at her most well behaved enters with gardenia by her side. Then I smell a faint cherry blossom wandering into the mix. Woods are beginning to appear at this point, too. A faint cedar and teak. Musk is present from the beginning, enough to make the scent last but not enough to take over. The final drydown is light woods, some amber or benzoin, a lovely light suede leather and iris with orris root. Just when you think the scent is gone you are walking along and this heavenly scent envelops you- you think what is that? It's you, the scent is wafting over you as you go through your day.

In Jour d'Hermes you sense subtle references to other scents JCE has done for Hermes such as Le Jardin sur Le Toit in the opening and Hermes Kelly Caleche Parfum in the midnotes and drydown. Yet this is a totally different scent. Like many other masterpieces, it can briefly allude to another scent without copying it. This is such an amazing feat of perfumery. I can't stop myself from re-applying this beauty over and over so I can go through the stunning development of the scent again and again. To my nose this is the archetypal perfect modern French fragrance composition. It has no peer.

NB: I tried layering this fragrance today and it layers well, lightened up a classic chypre like Y by YSL and also gave a bit of brightness to a Kilian scent which would otherwise tend to be too overpowering. This is the perfect scent, gorgeous on its own and layers extraordinarily well.

Smelly beast
Smelly beast

I have to say that I liked Jour. Its joyfull, fresh, bright, easy, maybe a bit too perfect though like those famme fatele with blonde wavy combed hair, a sexy Lauren Bacall, or even, if she was blonde, Dita Von Teese, sexy but with brains.

Ellena was very clever, he created a scent that is very classical (to me it has the spirit of the old aldehydic florals like n5) but menaged to make it modern, taking out the aldehydes, giving a fresh and light edge to the composition but at the same time keeping the abstract floral heart.

You see, when I first sniffed Jour, it imediatelly reminded me of Vanille Galante (the floral accord) and Eau Premier (the classical chanel floral heart), because I detected jasmin and ylang. Then chating with a friend he told me he smelled gardenia, and he was right it is there i could smell it too after he mentioned it. But this made me a bit confuse because it could be interpreted in so many ways.

Then I read a revealing interview whit Ellena and he was explaining his ideas behind Jour. He explained the name, why its brignt and sunny, because Hermes sell clothes for the day, and mentioned that he wanted to create a sort of generic flower. This way the wearer could detect any floral note that he wanted. And I realised thats exectly why it feels very Chanel to me, it is an abstract floral, but done in the Ellena way.

You might say its not inovative, and that its borring and its just Ellena paste and copy, but I say its a great commercial launch and it surprised me in a good way.

4 out of 5

halecelik
halecelik

I think I finally found my signature. This is love at first smell, and I hope it will be the endless love.
Maybe I am too excited about this one, I only tried it once, it is only been an hour but I think this is the one. As "luvlyjoyce" commented, I just thought the smell was from my childhood. I think it reminds me of Max Factor Le Jardin or Kenzo- both my mother used to wear and I used to steal :)I think this one has lots of flowers, like a garden, its name might have been related to a "jardin" too. It reminds me all the parfums I like in my whole life, may be some Sarah Jessica Parker's lovely too, but much more sophisticated.
As again "luvlyjoyce" commented, this parfum suits mostly to goodhearted ones, since it has not any wild or sexy or seductive direct notes, it also suits to non-offensive, kind, innocent but confident women.

Romnel
Romnel

i think it´s like SUR LE TOIT!!!!
BUT WITH MORE FLOWERS

jae
jae

I love how the notes for this have NOT been revealed. There SHOULD be a lot of unique reviews for this one.

Where do I begin? We all know that the note in which Jour d'Hermès is built around is indeed Lily Of The Valley.. Growing up, I was infatuated with Yardley's Lily Of The valley soap. There's just something extremely uplifting about LOTV that I've never been able to shake. So I'm more than pleased to finally be reunited with this flower via Jean-Claude Ellena. There is a signature of sorts that is heavily present in Jour d'Hermès. Addressing whatever makes this "strange" to anyone testing this; there are bits of DNA from other Hermès creations present here.... Think about Kelly Caleche and Pamplemousse Rose. I can detect what appears to be grapefruit, the bright, sparkling grapefruit note that's found in Pamplemousse Rose.. But there's also an accord reminiscent of what's found in Kelly Caleche. I detect what could be honey, an incense/smoky note and a possible leather note.. I get the impression that Jean-Claude Ellena always wondered about what would happen if he had replaced the floral notes of Kelly Caleche with a white floral/citrus accord. Well played, Jean-Claude Ellena. Well, played...

Here, we are presented with yet another fabulous creation for Hermès which, despite its gender marketing, suits a guy perfectly.. I LOVE it. Moderate sillage and a nice longevity are mere bonuses for this beautiful presentation of Lily Of The Valley.

suhaesa
suhaesa

a beautiful.. wonderful..strange ..unique ..out of the ordinary ..perfume ..with that strange note that many find it unidentifiable..well it reminds me of a pefume from jean patou called paname from 2000..there is that strange note in it also from rochas fleur de fleur ..
the perfume has many facets as if its different perfumes merged in to one its not one full melody the accords are in diverse planes yet play insanely together but it almost feels as if u are smelling 2 or 3 different perfumes sometimes you get citrusy happy notes of grapefruit orange bosoms and at other moments you get tropical breeze notes of sandy salty beaches ..and some whiffs make you think of white florals warm musky and unique exotic blends out of this era..
its a happy perfume you ware it with a smile and all those around you will be some how mesmerized by joy its not a skin scent though it smells nicer to other people around you that to yourself if you know what i mean the room will be filled with vibrant positive energy ..its a radiant perfume full of life and mystery

edp 85 ml
pefume ratting 4.3 out 5
bottle ratting 4.5 out 5
cap ratting a bit strange could have been better 4 .2 out 5
my personal liking rating for the perfume is 4.3 out 5

celebrity89
celebrity89

A white floral blended with V-8 juice(tomato and celery). 75% similar to Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck Enchanted.

I'm surprised only a couple of others mentioned the tomato and especially the celery notes. Obviously, people have differing nasal receptors.

scandi
scandi

I thought I'd love this based on reviews floating around on the net so I bought it without testing. Let me warn you, test this baby before you buy it. I sense a slight similarity to Magnolia Nobile ( which I adore!) but this has a murky note in it which makes me really confused and I'm even embarrassed to wear it! Why ruin an otherwise beautiful perfume with this weird smelling note? I noticed J dH on a SA in a Hermes store the other day and was put off buying anything. Some people have described the note as tomato stem or resin. I really don't know what it is but try before you buy! Maybe it's supposed to give the perfume character but to me it smells almost offensive. I love the design of the bottle so I just use it as an ornament.

The first test on paper was not thrilling. Too much citrus and freshness for my likes.
The second test won my senses!
It is indeed a "fresh" one but totally out of the just-another-citrus-for-summer clichè.
Tried on my skin it just bloomed in a cloud of simple, elegant cozyness.
After 10 minutes with only 2 sprays on wirst I was filling the air in the shop.
A lady passed by and felt drown to my perfume. She said: "OMG! What is this fantastic scent?"
It was me.
Jour d'Hermes smells very citrusy all along its evolution but it keeps coming out with little bursts of aromatic notes that add a nuance each.
I always liked Hermes fragrances but always hated the way they work with my chemistry: a history of acrid.
Too bad.
Until I discovered Ambre des Merveilles Hermes was taboo.
Now this one made me feel very good about wearing it.
Not my usual style, because I love thick florals with spice, wood, musk, amber.
Lately I shifted to less "warm" perfumes. From eternal love Samsara down to Idylle, more flowers less ambers, a gradual evolution to lighter perfumes and then a citrus caught me in its trap!
Well, to be honest it started some months ago when my bf, trying to move me from thick ambers he loath, gave me a lovely small bottle of Chanel 5 Eau Premiere.
Well, there I started liking the sensuality of citrus notes combined with powder and jasmin.
So now with Jour d'Hermes I was not totally new to that vibe, the lemon/musk, but JdH is much more elegant and above all: radiant.
Something I cannot explain better than radiance.
It seems to shine around the wearer.
Far from any gloomy-dark-sultry feeling, it's nonetheless lovely feminine, sensual without being sexual, elegant yet not a grand soirèe at the opera.
This is pure elegance on holiday in a Mediterranean island, full of light and shadowy plants, dressed in summery casual fine fabric clothes. Smiling.
Good sillage and good lasting power.

saguna
saguna

Nothing special, unfortunately all I can say after using 3 samples is : citrus room freshener with dry down of SJP Lovely or Narciso Rodriguez for Her ( lily of the valley).
Poor longevity and zero silage . I love Hermes but this is one of the most surprising fragrances. Of course its a bad surprise. Sorry !

Muneca
Muneca

This fragrance intrigues me every time I wear it even though I'm mostly an "oriental" gal. The initial mystery of its notes - and how he wanted to "offer armfuls of flowers so that everyone will find the one they're looking for and smell what they want to smell" that keeps me going back to it. I wanted to smell gardenias, lily-of-the-valley, sweetpea - and I did. What a lovely floral combination. For me it opens pretty citrusy, followed by the fascinating floral (which doesn't last long enough in my opinion), then an ever so subtle musk. Definitely a scent that makes one appreciate the joys of spring and summer.

melissa
melissa

I got a sample of this at NM. It is unusual. I can smell floral and a slight aquatic/green note. I really like it and think that I will add it to my collection. It smells like a summer breeze in the Mediterranean. I am planning on purchasing a bottle and also the refill.

BlueHillsGal
BlueHillsGal

When I first smelled this in NYC at a book signing for the parfumeur's new book, I smelled citrus. When I asked him about the fragrance mentioning that I smelled citrus, he politely replied that yes, there were citrus top notes, but he did not want to talk about it. Okay. Why then, the billing as a perfume/book event?

When I followed up with a spray on an Hermes card at a local shop, I said to the sales person "I don't smell it." She countered that some people like some scents while disliking others (really?), and I said that was not what I meant. I just couldn't smell it. So I asked for a sample and have been trying all day, spraying again after a few hours, hoping to detect something like a basket-full of flowers, radiant and seductive. Sorry, no.

If this was not a Jean-Claude Ellena creation, I would dismiss it as another department store fragrance (minus the objectionable drydown). In his new book, The Diary of a Nose, he talks about the dream perfume as "pure emotion... a poetic offering... in the words of haiku writers, a sudden, ravishing delight of unpredictability... " Hmmmm. Although I love the idea and the man himself, I'm just not getting it. Darn.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I almost feel bad to leave a mitigated review in the mist of all the good ones...I tried Jour d'Hermes and all I could smell was citrus!... I was expecting so much from this fragrance and was almost sure in my mind that I was going to love it, but to my nose it was all citrus and green leaves... I didn't get any flowers. The fragrance by itself is radiant but close to the skin, and I had to keep bringing my wrist to my nose to smell it.

It reminds me a lot Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise from Bvlgari (in fact I tried them both side by side), it has the same feel, except with Bvlgari I get the Jasmin and with Jour it's more peppery....I do feel that Jour is a continuation of Les Jardins serie, it has the same vibe and I definitely get Elena signature...
All in all, quite disappointing and I won't get a bottle of this, especially for the price.

luvlyjoyce
luvlyjoyce

Love at first smell. Definetly pretty,pure,transparent, innocent, elegant, young at heart, good hearted a sweet person should wear this. It is a one tone scent, top, middle and base carries thru. A truly happy scent: peachy, lily, citrusy,pink, summer gentle breeze in the park. Have smelled this before but have no idea from where, need to find out, must be childhood. I would wear a beige,pink, sand, light brown, white, any neutral and natural toned clothe with this, light makeup.

Fmcandy

I don t like florals, but this one is very special, feminine but not silly or too romantic. It is very classy, clever and almost addictive. This is a perfume for a lover to remind you, it is intimate, I love it. I'm a fan of Ellena, his creations are unique. I own Elixir, Kelly Caleche and U.J. Mediterranee. Jour will be my next one.

french_cactus
french_cactus

I am in love with this perfume since two weeks. I was very skeptical about it given my theoretical knowledge that it would be all about "white flowers". I don't like "jasmine-rose" scents (and much more into "woody-spices-chypre" scents, with Chanel Egoïste being, for example, my office scent). I got a sample from the hermes boutique in bologna and at the beginning it was "yeah baff, flowers..." 3 hours later I was still sniffing my whist and cuff. 3 days later I was reapplying it and sniffing again for hours. Yesterday I just bought a 50 ml bottle.
I find the smell incredibly captivating. It reminds me a cup of milky tea with lemon, a lot of lemon (even if you don't put milk and lemon together in the tea). But there are much more to that. It is both fresh and warm at the same time and this persistent juxtaposition of incompatible ingredients is fascinating.
And indeed, quoting J.C. Ellena "quand je sens Jour je ne peux pas dire que ça me rappelle un autre parfum du marché" (when I smell "Jour", I cannot say that it reminds me another perfume on the market). And that is what I like too.
To add, it has great longevity and projection.
I just cannot understand negative reviews, this perfume shows clearly the quality which comes from all the time and efforts devoted to its creation. Yes, maybe it is not as sophisticated and complex as unfolding in multiple stages Guerlain creations. But please, we don't want drama and oakmoss or ambergris or civet all over! (to make sure, I am a huge fan of all sorts of Guerlains, especially Mitsouko, Jicky and Vol de Nuit)
To summarize, in as much I was not impressed by the recent "Un Jardin sur la Toît" or "Voyage de Hermès", I deeply (and totally unexpectedly) captured by this one.

This is for member Huebris,
The article in the magazine is right, it smells of white flowers, it follows vera wang style & yes it's citrusy fresh. Someone told me there's cucumber in it but I just can't detect it. I'll come back for a more precise review if I tried it again & this time I'll test it on my wrist. I have it now on my profile as ( I have it ) section that's because I like it so much & wante it on my collection so bad.

HUEbris

I had smelled this 3times, but i can't change my mind.
someone said feels lilrac.
someone said rose and jasmin.
Vogue in my country article said sweetpea, vanila, woody notes
A article in Magazine for high class said astonishing white flower bouquet that every women want to have.
also in same magazine there's an interview with JCE. he said every flower in this world. flowers in the field just we passed.... etc.
But i just feel powerful lemon with leather at beginning to until end. (And i hate leather smell. but i'd read other reviews, it seems to a zest scent. anyway)
that makes me feel i just bite once a unpeeled lemon that even not matured-still green.
maybe it could be charming... but that is not makes me buy this myself.
sometimes i found a pineapple. and the scent becomes dried down, i can find some traces of froral scents... not so precise.
I just wish that i can feel magnificent scents just like others-AFS as article said so.
Hate my nose can't catch that notes.

hazelnut
hazelnut

Not sure what I am smelling. It is pleasant and feminine, but it doesnt thrill me.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Fresh, clean, floral. Try this ladies, after you've spritzed on your Jour d' Hermes, to add some mystery, spritz around it with the Elixir or L'Ambre of the Merveilles line.

Biliana
Biliana

The more I use it, the more I fall in love with it.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

This perfume reminds me of Original Vetiver by Creed but not so assertive. Wearable.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I think I would've done better with getting THIS at Bloomingdales today instead of the Reem Acra :(. This is like ZESTY Grapefruit Juice wnd graperfuit and lemon zests. Really energetic. Woke my senses right up. Wish they would've had samples :(. I need to try this on my skin

laantjebanaantje

Mhmmm, I think I'm in love!
The first spray of this beauty smelled like the most thirst quenching beverage imaginable on a hot summer day.
It smells so juicy, it's very strange, but I can allmost feel it in my mouth.
But then the perfume slowly unfolds its petals and becomes RADIANT.
There is no other way to describe it.
There's the sweet headyness of jasmine and orange blossom and a slightly bitter tinge of neroli. There's musk and maybe some hay.
But actually it is the scent of a late Italian afternoon in summer.
The sun is slowly setting, the crickets start to sing and a slight chill creeps upon the people at the tables in the garden. There's music, wine and laughter.
But most of all, there's a sense of happyness.
This may be called Jour d'Hermes, and it's perfectly suitable to be worn during the day, but to me, it breaths the evening.

Red Rose

This one is so delicate & I don't think it's just my nose. I sprayed so many on the paper strip & still smell so delicate. It smells citrusy & flowery, fresh & very clean at the same time. It doesn't smell cheap at all, perfect for morning but I don't think it's for night out. I think it will smell gorgeous on a summer morning & it's perfect for spring season as well :)

xabaras
xabaras

I would define Jour d'Hermes as a floral fragrance for those who can't stand florals... Don't get me wrong. It is beautiful. I fell for it the second I put in on my wrists. It smells fresh, citrusy (can it be grapefruit zest?) floral, balmy, and it is a pleasure to wear, I just can't stop sniffing my wrists... I can smell an elegant, delicate mix of flowers, can't detect a particular one, but it really works!!! It's floral without being overwhelming, and dry, elegant and sexy. The drydown is mellow but lasts long, it makes me think of honey and wood.. A beauty of a scent! Well done!!!

nickijoon
nickijoon

Fresh yet warm. It smells like a warm lemon tart - powdery, milky, and warm, not too sweet. Very feminine. Very french. Very rich. Just breathing it in makes me smile. Yes it does remind me for a moment of Coco Madmoiselle. However, does not last as long on my skin, sadly.

george9827
george9827

Vie Cafe: "the little something aromatic" is lovely, I agree. To my nose it is the following molecule: 2-undecanone, which also plays part in a mediterranean plant called ruta graveolens. This plant the Romans used to spice up wine and it is still used today for Grappa. I thas a herbacious musky aroma which I believe I can detect here - and the molecule that I have mentioned is quite common in the perfume industry.

This is lovely, a soft scent with a classic vibe, yet it is easy to wear and very elegant. I usually stay away from straight florals, but Premier Jour isn't sharp, or oldish, it is simply very French. The scent has a bit of a yellow aura, and the base is luminous and warm. It could be called simplistic yet beautifully made. I don't feel it is similar at all with les Jardin, which are all strongly aromatic and unisex, and nothing in common with Madly EDP.
Premier Jour is simply beautiful, and not for everybody either.

busik
busik

Oh, I thought flashed "hello, hybrid Kelly Caleche and Gardens", and many of these gardens here see caricatures. Yes, full-time, positive, energetic even in the beginning, but the base is very recalled Quelques Fleurs Royale Houbigant. At least sooo quality compared with the latest.

persefoni
persefoni

.... seriously?!? Jardin sur le Nil in a different bottle.... For the first 2 hours, these 2 are identical... then the citrus notes take center stage... that's all ;)

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Another simple creation from Ellena.
It opens with citrus notes mixed with some green accords.
After a while you can detect the Jasmin.
The rose note appears too but very weak.
I was expecting something better!

yidansheng
yidansheng

Citrus grapefruit gives the bitterness, jasmine, green tart note, rose, patchouli, moss, soft musk

For those who don't want to be the same, and at the same time still staying in the comfort zone. For me, it's not a surprise. The green part can easily remind you of the jardin collection.

cherie97
cherie97

I am in love with this fragrance!
So delicious, crispy, fresh, watery and citrusy at the same time. Elegant and classic. A simple blend of scents. I can feel neroli and citruses, reminds me of white & green tea aroma too.
I notice some similarities between this and Chloe's Eau de Fleurs Neroli or Chanel's Cristalle Eau Verte.

I am going to buy it if Guerlain's Nerolia Bianca is a failure. Wonderful, true bliss. :)

mediterranean
mediterranean

This is lovely. At the beginning I can smell neroli and citrus and then it settles into something green. Very soft,suitable for all ages, reminds me of Armani Code the first half an hour but without honey.
The name makes justice to it, you can wear it all day long and it will not offend anybody. It is a good perfume for the office,for church,for friends gatherings...
It makes me feel femenine in a naive way,like holding hands with your first boyfriend when you were 15, thinking it would last for ever. The smell of happyness in a bottle. Well done!

antonpan
antonpan

For a long time I tried to remember what scent Jour d'Hermes does remind of. Of course, I was choosing among Jean Claude Ellena creations. Eau de Pamplemousse Rose? Maybe a bit. Un Jardin Sur Le Toit? Not really. Finally I understood. Kenzo Madly! Yes, Jour d'Hermes is a variation of Kenzo Madly edp done in Ellena's manner. The difference is that Jour's more sparkling and citrusy & less masculine and powdery than Madly.

Personally I do like Jour d'Hermes, it is a beautiful fragrance. However Kenzo Madly is more sophisticated, and, yes, it was created before.

By the way the bottle of Jour is a pure masterpiece of a heavy glass.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

At last was able to test it on myself and I was ready to buy it. I was convinced Jour was right up my alley: fresh, crisp, greenish floral ( yes Taka Beaka, I also think there is some lily in it... Green lilly like in Baiser Volé). At the beginnning I really enjoyed the top notes: I think there must be some grapefruit and blackcurrant. While I wandered through the shop there developped a weird note that rather put me off. I have no clue what it can be. I am not very good at distinguishing notes, especially when they seem unusual. Actually I have the impression that it smells like celery, tomato stems in a musky and mossy base... Jour d'Hermès is fresh and vaguely reminiscent of Jardin du Nil or Folavril... i dislike them both because they make me think of a vegetables garden.
Finally I put Jour back on its shelf and I ll give it another try later.It was so different on the strip of paper! I may not have been in the right mood to truely appreciate it; Or it may be a matter of chemistry... Disappointing. Nevertheless the heavy refillable bottle is soooo pretty...sigh...
By the way it lasted barely two hours on my skin.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

For me this one is between : hermes Apres la Mousson /Cartier Baiser Vole. I feel full of LILY. Elegant scent.

mvumali
mvumali

This is my first Hermes fragrance, a Valentine's Day gift! The first sniff was unappealing, very similar to my introduction to Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. (Oh, how I wanted to love Sur le Nil, especially after reading "Scent of the Nile", the New Yorker article on Jean-Claude Ellena.) Sadly, Sur Le Nil and I were never a match but Jour d'Hermes is a completely different experience. The scent lingered on my arm, and on the second try, I was ready to commit. This fragrance "loves me" and I LOVE IT! Deep breaths & neck-nuzzling creation! Pure class & sophisticated offerings, concocted by a master perfumer! When it settles, there's a rich but tender scent. All that is feminine is wrapped up in this perfume and it stays fresh, long after the first spray. I'll enjoy wearing this in the Spring and Summer when the days are light, radiant, and breezy! At last...I own Hermes! Now, if only I can "gift" myself a Hermes scarf to lavsh this on. Update 2/24/13: Getting compliments already but I'm reluctant to reveal my secret!
Update 3/1/13: To change it up, reached for another favorite fragrance today, but somehow it smelled "inadequate" compared to Jour d'Hermes. Returned to Hermes and out the door we went!

HUEbris

Yes, I have to admit I have a not good nose.
spicy little bit, Pineapple, Leather, maybe some flowers... not that good...
I doubt my tastes... because IT'S HERMES!!
I'm not fit in exclusive perfumes.... but! nor cheap perfumes neither...

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Ahhhh, Behold!!! the mysterious new Hermes.

NOTES PLEASE!!! NOTES! this is killing me! haha

Poor, pooooor perfume creators of the modern times. We have become so demanding and snobby, I cannot believe the amount of negative comments I have heard about this one, We sure are a hard crowd to please!! It seems to be the new thing to be very critical of anything the big houses come up with these days... first it was Guerlain, then Dior and now Hermes. I am NOT gonna play this game... :( I actually love this new creation.

To me this is a lovely, light and sweet citrus-floral with a little something aromatic. A very complex scent when you pay attention, with one very strong note that I cannot guess! I cannot wait to finally see what the notes really are. But let me tell you, I was wearing my sample at work where it is VERY warm all day, and this was a very refreshing scent to wear. I find it distinguished and playful at once, and like all Hermes, what class this perfume has!! I get grapefruit and cassis leaves big time, but maybe I'm crazy? Maybe something sticky as well.... resin?

Schagris

Tested it again today. How simply radiant it is! The "aquatic" anomaly wasn't there at all this time, must have been some wierd "skin chemistry" when I first tried it. What a gorgeous, luminous scent it actually is. I will definitely get a bottle for my birthday which is coming next week)))
On a side note, I think the fragrance presentation is very nice, too - a stunning heavy bottle in a lovely white box.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I get lemon, tomato leaf, iris, ylang-ylang, and who knows what else. It actually smells like damaged green notes in an old bottle of Ma Griffe. I'll give it one more try on skin some day but I don't have high hopes for this one.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

It has an interesting, sparkling white floral opening, but becomes greener and headache-inducing in the dry down. I agree there is a very slight aquatic touch to the composition...something that reminded me of a bouquet of hyper-fragrant lilies. One spritz lasted well over 24 hours on my skin, and my winter coat still reeks of the scent. I liked the opening, but after an hour I couldn't wait to wash it off. Unfortunately, it didn't wash off at the sink, but finally came off in the shower the next day. I should mention that, in general, I do not enjoy white floral fragrances on my skin, so I am not surprised this scent didn't work for my personal chemistry.

Schagris

As someone who loves most of JCE's compositions, I was very excited about this one. The raving interviews of the top perfume bloggers, the mystery surrounding the fragrance launch only added to my expectaions. Well, what can I say? Actually, on the whole, it did live up to my hopes. It's unmistakenly Ellena, it's uplifting and vibrant and, at the same time, soft and understated. I coulnd't quite detect the individual notes, I can only say that, overall, the olfactory composition is very harmonous. The only thing that bothered me personally is a wierd "aquatic" note I felt on my skin about 10 minutes after the application. I dislike this kind of notes intensely and this was no different. Fortunately, this "aquatic" impression disappeared quite soon leaving the lovely and classy flower accord on the skin. The soft musky drydown was the best part of the composition. Not a great sillage (which I wouldn't expect from an Ellena's frangrance anyway) but lasts for ages. Will definitely try it again. And again!

Axum
Axum

I've tried this a couple of times. Compared to most other JCH creations for Hermes, it is indeed luminous...but somehow that brightness hits me as 'green tomato'. This is a giant bouquet of white flowers (esp. tuberose) in which, for some reason, someone has added a green tomato vine. It's not that green tomato is an objectionable note (I find it appealing in Diptyque's l'Ombre dans l'Eau), but that the combination is jarring. Jour d'Hermes has serious lasting power, and after a while I find the brightness irritating, like being stuck in a neon-lit room.

It's interesting, but I am unable to love it, at least for now. Perhaps it will seem more appealing in spring / summer.

larissafenerli
larissafenerli

I love it!!! Love love love!! Its so soft and clean and so warm. I can't say its a typical summer fragrance it ll go with every season and every occasion. Its a high quality perfume that can easily be your sign perfume. My mom loved it. I'm gonna buy a bottle for her :)

pisces3774
pisces3774

I wish I could love this. I love the bottle, the notes (as described), the name. It sounds lovely in theory. But after testing 3 times, It's a fairly typical citrus-floral. Nothing special. It reminds me of something, but I can't think of what it is just now.

beata4u2
beata4u2

For me this is typical Jean Claude Ellena. If somebody blindfolded me and then spayed my wrist and asked me to guess who the Nose is I wouldn't hesitate for a second. It's been described in many various blogs as luminous floral but I cannot smell it on my skin. If I was so describe JCE Fragrances I'd say they are sophisticated in their minimalism. And so is Jour d'Hermes.
It somehow reminds me Kelly Caleche Edp but more flowery and Un Jardin Apres la Mousson but less spicy.
I like JCE compositions and I would happily wear them if somebody was to give me a bottle. However they don't awake my 'perfumista desire' and don't make run to the shop to buy them (as some other fragrances do!)
Oh, and I'll be definitely spraying my wrists with Jour d'Hermes next time I'm near by it!
Oh, and the bottle is beautiful too: the thick glass bottom, the heaviness, and the golden top of the cap with the logo of Hermes.

Update 08/02/13 - I was wrong. I kept thinking about Jour d'Hermes so I went to Hermes boutique and smelled it again. And I smiled while sniffing it as I realised for some reason this scent made me happy. Plus I tried some of Hermessence compositions. And well... I instantly fell in love with Rose Ikebana, Osmanthe Yunnan and Iris Ukiyoe. I love them all. I want them all. Mr Ellena is a genius. I'm a total JCE convert in need of big payrise so I can fulfill my fragrant desires - because yes, I do desire to own those four fragrances!

modestyblaise
modestyblaise

Jour d'Hermes is a very pretty floral, perfect for a summer bride.

This is what my nose decided regarding the notes used.

Top- grapefruit, rhubarb, carnation, mango

Middle- sweet pea, magnolia, orange blossom, tuberose, gardenia, lily of the valley, rose, jasmine

Base- musk, honey, oakmoss

Jd'H has a sharp opening, but quickly becomes sweet(mango + sweet pea). Then magnolia and gardenia take over, which is my favorite phase(luminous). The dry down is weak(sensual).

Some what similar to Magnolia Nobile, but without woods and patchouli.

gamos
gamos

Just before Christmas, I tried the new Jour d'Hermes. At first it was more or less a typical Jean Claude Ellena frangrance with a kind of distant ellegance, only after an hour or so, it developed a nice body with a quite dominante citrus flowery overtone and a hint aquatic, at least on my skin. It is nice, fresh, young and classy but nothing outstanding or unique.
Nice enough for me to get it!

SIVA
SIVA

wonderful scent for all seasons but spring and more summer.Paramenei enough skin. The opinions about the scent is fairly subjective. after the coco mademoiselle I liked this enough. I feel a peace and tranquility and better formulation to restore a state of peace. I feel it is given to you

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A bright grapefruit opens the fragrance, and remains evident for quite some time, while limpid floral notes weave in and out, just out of range of identification. A floral bouquet with an interesting citrus overtone. The final dry-down stage is light, warm, still bright yet softly enticing. While it does not last all that long on the skin, I was surprised with how long the fragrance lingered on my clothes, even though I did not start off with a generous spritz. Probably won't attract the younger crowd, but a nice, wearable and elegant fragrance with interesting twists. (4)

lisa o
lisa o

light citruses, white and wild rose, lotus(?) or magnolia?, a tomato-stem, tea, settle into a soft, powdery, milky tuberose/gardenia and maybe lily...and it gets musky and is a little aquatic too, but almost beyond recognition...as far as I can say after some hours: I like it...
has the same luminosity and tenderness I already found inviting in Iris Ukiyoé...

edit: tenacity is weak, but I didn't expect differently..on fabric it's ok.
and sorry if I'm totally profane trying to pick the single notes:-)

jessyparis
jessyparis

I was actually expecting something more of a woww for a comeback fragrance after so many so called limited ed and flankers... Well, first impression is that of softness and smoothness... Do not expect to get violently olfactively surprised.. very deja-vu-smelled mixture of white floral notes, predominantly powdery talc reminescent litchee like after taste... the whole composition dries down to something more like a fresh clean flavory liquor you can add to pastery and cupcakes, must be the orange blossom.. I do not expect this composition to be upgraded to an Hermes milestone.

Very disappointed, may target a 50+ luxury cologne users from both sexes who got enough of todays synthetic sugary, spicy and heavily flowered perfumes.

Jour d'Hermes by Hermes 3.83 out of 5 based on 918 ratings and 186 user reviews

JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ TESTER
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ TESTER
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ UNBOXED
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ UNBOXED
Jour D'hermes Perfume by Hermes, 2.87 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Refillable Tester for Women
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ
Hermes Jour d'Hermes - Eau de parfum spray 1.6 oz
Hermes Jour d'Hermes - Eau de parfum spray 1.6 oz
HERMES Jour d'Hermes 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
HERMES Jour d'Hermes 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Jour D'hermes Perfume by Hermes, 2.87 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Refillable for Women
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILL 4.2 OZ
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILL 4.2 OZ
Gift Set 2.87oz
Hermes Jour d'Hermes - Eau de parfum refill
Hermes Jour d'Hermes - Eau de parfum refill
Hermes Jour d'Hermes - Eau de parfum refill 4.2 oz
Hermes Jour d'Hermes - Eau de parfum refill 4.2 oz
EDP Mini 2.8oz
JOUR D'HERMES for WOMEN by Hermes SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY REFILLABLE 2.8 OZ BODY LOTION 1 OZ EAU DE PARFUM .25 OZ MINI
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Eau De Parfum Refill 125ml 4.2oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Gift Set 3 Piece, 1 set
Parfum 0.25oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Pure Parfum Refillable Lock Spray 7.5ml 0.25oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Pure Parfum Refillable Lock Spray 7.5ml 0.25oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Jour d'Hermes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Jour d'Hermes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jour d'Hermes by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jour d'Hermes by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.