Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women

Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women
dislike

Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Videos
Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Pictures Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Pictures Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Pictures Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Pictures Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Pictures Jour d`Hermes Absolu Hermes for women Pictures

“I wanted to express the essence of femininity with flowers and nothing but flowers.” Jean-Claude Ellena

Femininity in perfume form! A celebration of the birth and rebirth of woman, every day, Jour d’Hermès brings to light the beauty of woman, while maintaining the mystery of each individual woman. A profusion of bouquets. From dawn to dusk, here is a floral that flowers, a blossom that blooms.

Jour d’Hermès Absolu, a floral declaration in the absolute, a radiant profusion of flowers, voluptuous and sensual. Gardenia, sambac jasmine, apricot flower.

Available as 30, 50 and 85ml EDP. Jour d`Hermes Absolu was launched in 2014.

Apricot Blossom Grapefruit

Rem & Bow

Jour d`Hermes Absolu Fragrance Reviews

fleur_de_mimosa
fleur_de_mimosa

Spring has finally arrived and today I'm wearing my own bouquet of spring flowers, apricot blossoms most noticeable. There's something masculine about this fragrance that I like. The composition feels very old school and classic. But I must admit that the musk drydown is a disappointment. I had expected something more sophisticated.

dzingunyte
dzingunyte

i felt in this fragrance hint of rotten fruits note and i liked it :D it really smells not cheaply. it's elegant and summery scent. i would like to own a bottle of this,even though i have jour d'hermes :D

raiza1990
raiza1990

This smells like old sweat and powder.
I tested it on the store today, without looking at the notes, unfortunately. At the very beginning i could smell the white flowers and the citrusy touch of the grapefruit. It did already smell like body odour but with time it only got worse.
I can not wait to wash it out.
Now, about the quality: i can not say it is bad. Sillage is good and longevity too and it does have a expensive vibe to it.
I just think it is stinky.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

Now I own this ode for feminity. Apricot flower and grape is truly a dynamic combo. I tested this several times before purchasing and now this is my new love. Both men and women ask what is it I'm wearing, so I think it's also a good bargain concearning of one's environment also. No headache, no sneeze! I feel very feminine wearing this and it has a very uplifting quality to my wellbeing. This is Mediterra in a bottle... pure love at first glimpse. All the best for Mr Ellena!

nehash_1
nehash_1

I have a tester for this one. Sprayed it on today and didn't quite fancy it initially.. seemed like just another boring sweet floral fragrance. But once it dried down (about 30 min post application) it turned into something completely different.Difficult to explain but let me try..

somewhere buried inside the base notes is a very unique sexy animalic quality. Not the regular musky animalic. This is more raw, close to the smell of skin animalic. Of course the rawness is perfecly coated with a pleasant smoky woody floral essence making the entire package something to die for!

And the longevity and sillage are great! I can literally smell it the next day!

I am buying a bottle shortly :)

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Jean-Claude Ellena really knows how to create fragrances.smell natural and strong.This is very lovely.i smelll it very similar to Jour d'Hermes Hermes.it has a popular scent
Perfect for summer days..
It has got a good projection.
It has got a perfect longevity..
Every time you wear it, you get compliments.
love it.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

large amount of grapefruit for me and not much of anything else. Somewhere in the long distant past there was something cologne...citrus..... Jean Nate, that was it. Found this with Jour d'Hermes as well

AlyDoll13
AlyDoll13

Seems like i poured all the grapefruit freshmade juice all over me.this is the first impression.In the following minutes,i'm walking through a jasmine garden with my soaked in grapefruit juice shirt and these two combined makes my mouth water.This is all i get from eau absolu ,and i' m happy with it but not in love.My skin begs for a little musk,cedar,wood,whatever so this can settle down great...unfortunatelly not this time.Great for a fresh spring morning or even summer.great silage,great longevity.

sky blue
sky blue

This is louder and attracts more attention than original Jour d'Hermes. The very beginning is quite harsh with some sour notes and after that it develops into a ladylike, full of sillage, green floral-rose-lightly chypre fragrance. All the time it is rather strong, staying power and sillage are excellent on my skin. It could be too demanding if you are not into chypre or green-floral notes. It is beautiful, an excellent fragrance, but just a bit too sharp for my liking.

jlfears
jlfears

My skin pulled nothing but grapefruit. It's grounded and rich, so of course there are many other notes, but it's basically a grapefruit scent on me ~ heavier/richer than Jo Malone, not quite the same as Jardin sur le Nil... but similar to both. It's a great scent, but not for me. I wish I had smelled the apricot and jasmine!

Kyara
Kyara

I was looking for an everyday type of scent I don`t get bored of. This is very lovely, feminine and indeed very floral scent, not to soapy. The apricot drydown reminds me of Rochas Secret de Rochas, which I prefer because it is less florally, but Jour d`Hermes Absolu lasts longer and has more depth. Even the next morning after more than 24 hours I could very well detect it on my wrist. I will not get the full bottle, because it is too florally and creamy for my liking. But never offending. Overall I definitely do recommend testing this perfume. Maybe I will come back to this perfume after some time or try out other scents by Hermes.

manta
manta

It was so exciting on the first spray. The notes that jumped at me were RHUBARB and BEESWAX, which are apparently not part of it at all. How unusual! How refreshing and interesting, nay, *daring* of Herm- oh, no, nevermind, because those perceived notes dissipate almost immediately and leave you with the standard heady, musty, "old lady" scent that all Hermes fragrances dry down to IMHO. I still sample it when I find myself in an airport that carries Hermes, just for that little initial kick, like wistfully thinking about a relationship that could have been. And then I move on.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Jour d'Hermes succeeds in making me feel a sense of place. I feel a summertime ripeness, sweet flowers diffusing into humid air, strong sunlight from directly overhead, warming up soil from beneath my feet.

The citrus notes are transient in the Absolu version, immediate sweet, ripe white flowers are apparent. The floral notes are dense and sweet. As it wears the perfume almost seems to take on an ambery cast, there is an oily, slightly spicy undertone to the sweet white flowers. There is a hint of oakmoss/woods as well, laying under the flowers.

After the first hour this wears subtly on me, but loud enough that I can always detect it, and lasts 6+ hours. I really like this, for its sweet, saturated, ripe take on white flowers.

sjd610
sjd610

I meant to get a sample of Jour d'Hermes but instead got the Absolu version.

As soon as I sprayed it on my wrist I immediately thought of Jo Molone's English Pear & Freesia, except this has a more sour smell on my skin which is the citrus coming out. All I can smell after the opening is sour jasmine which turns 'creamy', as others have described, and is less sharp the longer it's on my skin. However it sits harshly in my throat and brings on a headache due to the jasmine. So if you're sensitive to perfumes and get headaches easily, I'd recommend avoiding this.

I will still try and find a sample of Jour d'Hermes but it also has a citrus opening scent and may not work well on my skin.

SayakaP
SayakaP

Jour d'Hermes Absolu.
The first sniff of this reminded me of Un Jardin sur le Nil a lot.
That Vegetable-y Grapefruit.

Then 30seconds later, the dewy Appricot made me smile!

And when the honeyed white flowers emerged, I decided to buy a bottle.

This is, to me, a rare fragrance that evokes a scenery, not certain type of woman.
It feels like I am standing under a tree in full bloom, looking up at the blue of the sky through the white flowers and bright green leaves.
It's the smell of actual flowers. Living. Full of force.

As the opulent Gardenia & Jasmin gradually fade, it becomes Chypre.
Honey / Flower Necter Chypre.

This beauty is not of man-made.
I think Monsieur Ellena is J.S. Bach of olfactory world.
I love Bach because his music sound natural like ocean wave, wind, rain etc..
Like him, Ellena can capture and re-create the brilliance of nature...

Agata654
Agata654

This fragrance opens with sharp, bitter notes of grapefruit and jasmine. I feel like grapefruit dominates delicate white flowers in the first half an hour after application, but after that white flowers become more and more detectable. The oakmoss added at the end tries to balance the white flower notes, but definitely it looses the battle with highly concentrated jasmine and gardenia.

It definitely has good lasting power and good sillage, however those that can't tolerate high concentrations of white flowers will be definitely disappointed by this one.

Also another thing that puts me off from this perfume is that it appears to be rather masculine, than feminine...

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

The opening is definitely fresh, juicy grapefruit! Very different from the "barber shop" grapefruit accords I've smelled in a lot of scents and do not care for. This is perfect pink, juicy grapefruit; it makes your mouth water a little! Creamy florals come out to play as the citrus fades. I get a lot of delicious, jammy apricot blossom with gardenia and jasmine playing underneath. The oakmoss for me is tender and very faint, which is perfect for my tastes because oakmoss usually turns into a horrible indolic mushroom on my skin and ruins the fragrance it's part of. Here it's tolerable and I can even see why people like it!
This isn't as floral as I expected it to be from the notes pyramid, but I actually really love it. It's different from everything else I've smelled and is pretty and feminine while still being grown-up and womanly. It's very clean and uplifting and cheerful! And the bottle is just gorgeous! I think I may need a bottle of this in my wardrobe..

victoriabeckham
victoriabeckham

Anyone interested in trading? I have a full 85ml bottle.

hsheep
hsheep

I'm not a big fan of this one on me. I get mostly bitter grapefruit and moss, anything floral is very subdued and is in the background. It's more green grass and earthy than fresh or sparkling.
It does last the entire day with moderate sillage. I had a sample and tried it for a week. I did keep smelling my wrists though, it's quite different from anything else in its family. Just a miss for me, I like something a little fresher, more juicy and tart.

I like both jour and jour absolu. To me jour absolu simply smells like sour, fresh grapefruit mixed with rose and some other spring flowers. as a fresh citrus perfume, its longevity and sillage are great. on the other hand, there are lots of reasons that distract my attention from this beauty. first and most important element is the bottle that I don't find beauty at all. maybe I like my bottles to be more funny and easy going than this serious one. second, i have the feeling that it suits ladies with more mature tastes in perfumes than me. it would be great choice for women who are classy and want to but perfumes suitable for summer, but not for me with kinky tastes in perfumes!

Anouk_0501
Anouk_0501

I am not a fresh perfume person because usually on my skin this kind of perfumes do not last more than 2 hours or maybe I just do not feel their smell anymore. so, I usually like the musk and woody perfumes, the sweet ones, like Velvet Orchid or Hermes Elixir des Merveilles.

But as summer is here, I was looking for a perfume that I really like and not wanted to just buy something else that is clean, but I am not a fan of.

I was in Qatar airport when I walked around in the most luxurious duty free I have ever entered, when one of the ladies approached me and had me smell it on my wrist. I was a fan of Hermes fragrances, since I am fascinated by Elixir, that is my signature fragrance fir winter, so I said, please, I'd like to try it.

The instant I sprayed it on my wrist, I fell in love!!! That was the summer perfume I dreamed of! The first spray consists of citrus note, grapefruit is exactly what I got, then the floral comes in, with a fresh and green smell, not too girly, but rather classy and elegant, ladylike aroma. A wonderful perfume for the hot days, I wore it it my Thailand holiday, where temperatures exceeded 35 degrees and it was ok, it was exactly what you need in a very hot day, that refreshing and invigorating smell that will keep you going when the sun is too generous :D

Highly recommended, I guess I'll be a Hermes girl a very long time for now, I know I'll buy this fragrance as soon as I finish this bottle!

Elegant, fresh, floral and light, but with personality! no detergent trace, no cheap fresh perfume hint there, just LOVE it!!!

ramin1215
ramin1215

Water Lily Pond BY Claude Monet

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

It's so interesting how differently scents come across depending on the season. This winter, when I originally fell in love with this, it was light and sweet. I didn't actually even use it then, I left it to sit so prettily on my dresser knowing I'd know when the time was right for it! In my head, it was an elegant, classy, night fragrance that would only be detected by me and my husband.
For some odd reason, today was the day! My son and I had been talking about the word "muggy" just prior to me selecting my perfume of the day. How quickly our state turns from arctic to muggy! And it's grey and dull sky contrasts so deeply with the lush fresh spring green, flowers and trees are popping with color. Believing this to be a quiet smell, I sprays at the base of my neck and once in each wrist. Whoa! This is not the scent I remembered from February!
The grapefruit is delicious and was totally undetected months ago. This is sparkly and when I have perused my options looking for such a scent, I can't believe I glossed over it! No more. I have found something with the summery balance I need. In a few minutes, the grapefruit melts into the white flowers. It is best described as intoxicating. The apricot blossom carries the sweet notes I must have noticed more in snowy months but balances this citrus and sharp, green white flowers. I agree, it is so well blended that after it settles in, it is tough to pick notes apart. I don't actually see this as evening only anymore. I'm wearing a tee with a summery bright pink skirt and leather flip flops and I feel totally comfortable! I've never been one to dress down more than this tho.
Sillage is where I went wrong. It is much bigger than I had predicted so next time, one spray will do, perhaps two for the evening vibe. Longevity is yet to be determined for me but if it lasts in any way, I actually think I've found my holy grail for summer. It's not that I won't wear others, I love so many, but this, to me, is so wearable, beautiful, bright and sparkling. True love!

Kterhark

I bought this; and I don't take buying perfume lightly. People who can pull off Jour Absolu probably like floral greens, oakmoss and woods. They likely already own Mitsouko and a few other chypre grand dames.

Absolu is a true forbidden fruit. It's un-abashadly lush and ripe. It makes me feel feminine and receptive. This is my first Hermes scent, and I couldn't be more pleased. Love!

Thaleh
Thaleh

Bought it for a friend for her birthday. Was pregnant at the time so it didn't really smell nice to me. Recently smelled it again and I WANT IT!

Jadelynn
Jadelynn

I've never tried the original and am not entirely sure if I want to based on the Absolu version. As others have said, I find the grapefruit overwhelming, it's far too tart/sharp and masks everything else. The silage is also quite heavy on me so I can't get away from the smell. It literally fills up the air around me in whatever room I'm in.

I wish I could sense the white floral elements of it that some other reviewers do, but I'm in the category of people who gets nothing but grapefruit from this :(

RayF
RayF

I got a sample of this Absolu version of Jour d'Hermes today. This is much much sweeter, sharper and richer in general than the original Jour, and somehow it makes me a little dizzy and uncomfortable. Too much citurs and flower coming out at the same time. Love the Jour, but not so much for this one.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Delicate, sweet white flowers. Very sweet, almost a tart passion fruit note in there too (apricot blossom?) I am not getting any of the citrus that others percieve, a sweet tart fruity note, but not of the citrus variety. Elegant. Grown up. Deep. I like the jasmine note sandwiched, it does not take centre stage here. Very gourmand. If this were a cocktail or refreshment I would drink it, it smells that good.

Frayja
Frayja

Is like Jour d' Hermes,but Intense!Beautiful!

Feli15
Feli15

A beautiful, radiant, light floral. So soft, fresh and feminine. For some reason it reminds me of j'adore probably because they share very similar 'sunny floral' vibe. I find Jour Absolu more refined though, and I love the smell of apricot blossom in it.

The Wandering Fern
The Wandering Fern

I was really hoping to love this based on having some of my most favorite notes; unfortunately I found this very sour, almost as if unripe grapefruit peel was the main note. *cries*

BethAshley
BethAshley

I sampled Absolu and the original Jour D'Hermes at the same time.

While I loved them both I ended up choosing the original. For me, while there was a degree of added richness to Absolu, it doesn't sparkle in the same way the original does. Also, Absolu has more patchouli/musk than the original which didn't work for as well with skin chemistry.

It seems that both of these scents are highly dependent on skin chemistry and I would 100% recommend trying them both before making a purchasing decision.

Martaynd
Martaynd

If the regular Jour D'Hermes is a cake with icing, the Absolu is the cherry on top. I don't know how they thought they could have improved in the original, but they did. I own both and prefer the Absolu version. Can't tell you why, yet. They are both relatively new to my collection and I'd need more time with them to discover why I reach for the Absolu over her sister.

TIP: this fragrance comes in a body cream/butter that is over the top lux. It carries the fragrance expertly without any interference from other ingredients. It does not smell diluted or altered from the fragrance in any way. It is a pricey product, but if you are budget conscious, get it instead of the bottled fragrance and I think you will be just as pleased. I'm greedy and want it too. ;-) It is a top notch body cream. Fragrance lasts as long as the perfume and it really moisturizes your skin to boot!!! You would have NO problem with longevity if you layer the two ( I really don't think there is a need to layer) . You would probably get 12 hours out them for sure, if you did.

nanomira
nanomira

This perfume is such a nice surprise. It made it's way to my top 5 perfumes. It is funny though because I usually do not like fruity perfumes. This one is fruity, juicy, floral, feminine, elegant. I am using this perfume for quite a while and I must also say that I am getting a lots of comments about how beautiful my perfume is. ;-) It is worth to try.

KIARA85
KIARA85

This smells expensive, but there is something about all the hermes perfumes that puts me off,they all smell quite leathery tangy to me, and I'm not a fan.

Ice.femme
Ice.femme

ohh... this is my favorit perfume right now. I really really love it, good job

Kterhark

This is not my genre so I'm surprised that I like it. It's an ultra feminine fragrance that wears close to the heart; someone would have to embrace you or stand intimately close to detect it.

The apricot note is ripe, wet and playful. I don't detect gardenia and jasmine, which tend to be stinkers on me so I'm grateful. All around a safe, inviting composition that you could happily spend an evening with.

amyewest
amyewest

Grapefruit and apricots instead of just grapefruit in Jour D'Hermes. Still no flowers that everyone else smells. Pity.

A cheerful white floral that's completely been devoided of white floral's sharp edges, indolic and challenging aspects. Smooth and juicy, safe, easy to like and potentially appealing to people of any age. Unfortunately it suffers during the drydown of that sour woody-musky base that's typical of way too many Ellena's feminines of the last 10 years or so.

Beautiful presentation and bottle.

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

If the original Jour d'Hermes was a tribute to the young rays of morning sunlight, L'Absolu is at midday, a bit past noon, the sun warming the grapefruit orchards and gardenias to saturation.

You might feel like you're bathing in the creamy gold light of a million petals sprinkled with tart juice.

Or, you might find yourself assaulted by too much light, too much warmth.

I can actually see this perfume as a person - a tall, beautiful, garrulous dark blonde Tuscan woman, with a natural busty hourglass figure, bright smile, white clothes, and lots of gold jewelry. (That's entirely out of my imagination, I've never spent time in Tuscany) Beautiful? Yes. Tasteful? Possibly. Subtle? No.

pi^2
pi^2

Strong, natural smelling white flowers. Like other fragrances with strong natural flowers (like Pleasures Intense) it stays high above my skin. Doesn't blend in.

It makes me think of a powerful but pure woman. Someone who is very honest and direct. It is not playful or seductive. It smells sophisticated because it is so pretty and true to itself, but there is also something naive about its simplicity. Almost like actually wearing a tiara of white flowers. You look like a goddess, but it is a bit awkward...

Oh, and I love the bottle!

It's an elegant and well composed white floral. For some reason, seems quite green to me. No sweetness there. It reminds me of blooming trees at spring.
In my opinion, this one is expensive smelling.
I like it's simplicity.
A great floral scent, not sharp or cloying in any way.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

A celebration of intense white flowers! Very feminine and romantic masterpiece!!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

A family member had wanted me to test this one out for her.. Well i finally ran into this Jour d'Hermes Absolu and I sprayed some on my wrist.. It opens up very fresh and tart almost like Gucci Eau De Parfum II.. I believe I detect some tart fruits like blackcurrant and or raspberry along with some citrus.. Once the fresh citric notes and the fruity tart notes calm down a bit the florals really start to come out, and the scent starts to come together.. This Absolu is blended so well that it is very hard to tell what notes you are smelling.. This scent smells very unique and seductive for a warm weather fragrance.. Very good quality! I really like this one a lot.. I definately recommend this fragrance..

raunchy
raunchy

Im not into pure white floral, but this one just sooooo good!!
Fell in love right away after the SA spray it at my wrist. while in my country cost $160, crazy, but... i don't want to suffer myself when im home and think about it.
Perfect blend, luxury, great quality. Last on my skin, cloth, pillow, everywhere i smell this gorgeous lady. Feel like im on the garden of eden when i smell it around.
Trully beauty!!

dsty
dsty

This is the first floral perfume that I really like. I don't get any citrus in it, to me it's all floral honey. This is how I imagine nectar must smell to a bee, more or less. It's very sweet and quite uncomplicated, it doesn't change much throughout its short to medium life span, but it still smells sophisticated somehow. After three wearings I'm still not sure whether I love it enough to buy a full bottle, but I think it's definitely going to be a gateway into floral perfumes for me. For starters, I want to try the original jour as soon as possible to compare!

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

I can't even smell the perfumes from this house. On card or on skin. It's like I sprayed pure water? I dunno. I want a perfume that sticks with me for these kinda dollars. : /

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Like hundreds of other Ellena's, an elegant/feminine citrus-floral-aldehydes scent with neroli, orange blossoms, delicate flowers that sweeten and soften the citrus' zestiness and provide that beloved generic "laundry" note. Lively and refined. As minutes pass it becomes greener and more dry, even slightly darker and more austere, bringing in a woody-resinous note although it's not listed. Glossy, synthetic, elegant, nothing great but pleasant. Despite being an "absolu" (...), it's quite delicate and short lived.

6,5/10

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Jour d`Hermes Absolu

It took my breath from the 1st sniff
Usually I don't pay any attention for summery fruity or floral scents .. they all smells the same to my nose I love heavy orientals instead

But this one changed my mind about florals , and changed my mind about HERMES house in general.

I don't find it similar to the original .. I can smell Aldehydes in the original

Apricot blossoms are so charming here , it smells young & beautiful reminds me of VS scents .. I am so in love

Love it <3

My darling
My darling

Малко е да се каже, че се влюбих от първи дъх в този парфюм! Влюбих се дори, не усещайки парфюма на своята кожа, а от уханието, което се носеше от ръката на приятелката ми! Този аромат е божествен за моето обоняние! Най-прелестният, женствен и разкошен летен аромат, който съм усещала някога! Една нотка в него изключително много ме привлича и тя е търсена от мен от години, заради спомена от един отдавна изчезнал парфюм от моята младост, споменът за когото не ме е напуснал вече 25 години, а именно митичният парфюм Julia. Jour d`Hermes Absolu е парфюмът, за който най-светкавично реших, че го искам на мига, не мога да живея без него и нито за миг не съжалявам за една стотинка от тези, които платих за него. Той е прелестен, дълготраен и шлейфов точно толкова, колкото да ми носи огромно удоволствие часове наред. Jour d`Hermes Absolu е пролет, лятна вечер и щастие в бутилка! Не знам дали това, което е посочено в пирамидата е основното, което усещам в него, но определено се откроява ябълковият цвят като основно доминиращ. Някъде под него прозира свеж жасминов цвят, гардения не усещам, а всичко това е обгърато в идеална цитрусова свежест, която сякаш идва от прясно настъргана кора на сочен узрял лимон или грейпфрут, или помело, или всъщност от смесените кори на тези три плода, но най-вече помело, който плод аз обожавам и като аромат, и като вкус. Jean-Claude Ellena наистина е магьосник! Творенията му са забележителни! Обожавам парфюма, купих си най-голямата бутилка от 85ml! Бих купила 850, ако има! Надявам се никога този парфюм да не изчезне от света или да бъде реформулиран.
Не смятам, че Jour d`Hermes Absolu има голяма прилика с Jour d`Hermes, който с нищо не ме впечатли. Absolu е милион пъти по-красив за мен! Щастлива съм!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

At first the jasmine and blossom are piercingly, sourly strong. After a while, this parfum cools to a tolerable sour gulp of fresh air, lemonade and clothes being hung to dry in the summer sun. This is a more quality detergent-y version of various "fresh" perfumes and yet I still can't do it. I need more cuddliness or sensuality to my parfum.

Most disappointing Hermes I've smelled yet. Otherwise, Hermes rocks.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Very sour and jasmine smell, remember sour puke smell at first:( After is better.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

I guess I'm just not an Hermès fan - smelt good but evaporated into nothingness - so quick I barely had a chance to enjoy the florals.
Good if: you like things very translucent.

Amalfi
Amalfi

Jour d'Hermes Absolu, three words: "luxury, passion, love".

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

A really nice summer floral with exceptional longevity. Once you get past the initial blast of grapefruit a green floral perfume appears. Very nice, especially since a) not sickly sweet, b) no patchouli and c) remarkably fresh.
A very nice summer scent but just a little too 'green'to my liking, I prefer my florals to be cloying and heavy which I find more suitable for our rather wet and chilly summers.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

My parents accidently bought this for me instead of "Jour d'Hermes", which I've sampled and loved.

JDA is indeed a denser, heavier version of JD, but it's not a similar scent.

The Absolu version is an enigmatic, extremely flowery, majestic and ultra-classy scent. It feels musky, creamy, and very "dressed-up". A scent one actually feels the need to don one's best dress for. I can't see myself wearing this in my shorts and tank top :)

After the first hour or so, it becomes closer to the skin, warm and sweet, yet still an epitome of elegance.

I still consider getting JD one day, as it's more suitable for everyday wear, IMHO, but I love JDA.

Longevity is good and sillage fair to moderate, which I find very pleasing.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is possibly the closest perfume that describes heaven's scent! So pure, so peaceful and so clean!

Starts out citrussy but quickly morphs into white flowers! I smell gardenia... This is the flower I smell the most. I am sure because it's the flower I am most familiar with it's scent. But I can really tell that this is not pure gardenia. Other flowers are dancing around but so well blended that you can't really separate them individually.

A really great spring time scent.
A modern masterpiece!

littebee
littebee

Love, love, love it!

as a white flower lover there was no other way:)Here is a bonus: citrusy-green opening, then white flowers, and smooth dry down.

Lily2911, I agree with every single word of your review. It's unique, classy, modern and just perfect!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

A nice fresh floral with a watery citrus undertone. Great for spring and summer since it is light. Very refreshing scent, clean without being laundry detergent - smells vey close to acqua universalis. If you like that, you will enjoy this.

Lily2911
Lily2911

This is the most enigmatic perfume I've ever smelled. I needed 3 trial sessions before I finally saw the immense beauty. I was also off guarded at the first sniff by the famous tart grapefruit opening and thought that this was not a "nice" frag. But the scent lingered on my skin for hours and haunted me for days... there was something so intriguing in this frag. I tested 2 additional times both Jour and the Absolu version and I got the final revelation yesterday. The Absolu is just a hidden beauty who will not reveal herself, nor will she please the masses. She is not created to seduce people from the first sniff and Claude Ellena is a master in making minimalist - and not to confuse simplistic- very sophisticated scents against all trends. I finally discovered that after the grapefruit citrus opening the whole Garden of Eden appears with a shining rainbow on the horizon. It is impossible to detect all the notes one by one, it is orchestrated by the master Ellena that you get only the full painting and not just some brushes of colors and lightning. I detect the most delicate palette of everything and at the same time all the contrasts of floral, fruits, warm earthy notes. And the flowers are also multi-layered : pure green florals of hyacinth/Lily-of-valley maybe, then much warmer jasmin, gardenia and apricot blossom. This delicate apricot blossom provides that warm note of peachy accord, similar to orange blossom but more delicate and dainty. This perfume has so many different facets and is full of contrasts : first the chilliness, triggered by the grapefruit, just to wake your senses. Afterwards the green and warm florals, then the amazing sparkling "fruity" notes which are less present in Jour(apple, rhubarb, grapefruit) finally the warm earthy amber dry down. The dimensions and aspects change every time you wear this beauty, one day you smell more citrus notes, or the green flower notes, other days more the warm flowers : very magical !! The silage and longevity of the Absolu is stunning : it remains min. 8 hours on my skin whereas Jour dissapeared after 3 to 4 hours.

It is one of the most vibrant, luminous and complex fragrance I have ever encountered : it is not a citrus cologne, it is not just a floral, it is not fruity nor musky, amber perfume : no it is ALL of that and more and as JC Ellena quoted himself : “In most of the fragrances I do, I try to put a smile” and he succeeded to this with Jour Absolu !

Minnija
Minnija

ADORE!! LOVE!!! this is one of type of scents in which I woul love to swim for some hours :D I want to spritz it all over my body about 100 times....so watery, so flowery, so fresh, so springy!!!!

As I saw it on the shelf at Sephora I had to try it. I quite like Jour d'Hermes, because I find it a modern elegant scent, nothing memorable but given the current situation in perfumery...
Disappointment. I expected a richer and rounder Jour less herbal pungent, instead I found that annoying grapefruit note taken an pinch higher and volumised. The worst aspect of Jour emphatised. Grapefruit smells a little acrid and nauseous in nature to my nose, but not to the point achieved by these chemicals!
The problem is that (being maybe my imagination?) grapefruit in perfumes smells like some types of armpits. Some people have this type of acrid-fruity-floral and acute armpit.
Why enhancing this edge of Jour? It was acceptable when tamed in the regular version.
Did they have to get rid of big quantities?
Unfortunately Jour Absolu never go beyond this note that overpower the rest of composition. It never settles better, it just sits on my skin. I don't have many chances to smell perfumes on other people, so I can only speak for my chemistry. I'm curious about other reaction.
the 3 listed floral notes, if they do exist, got lost into the grapefruit tin.
Longlasting but disappointing.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This is a big squirt of grapfruit with white flowers hiding somewhere underneath. I find it refreshing and invigorating, it's like a realy intense version of the original, and where the original didn't last on me this one does. I can imagine this as a great workwear scent to start the spring days off, fresh and energising, and as it dries down throughout the day it becomes more floral and soft, ready for an evening relaxing.

To my nose, it is just unbearable! Sour, sour, sour! Like lemon, even if no citrus is listed in ingredients.

meama
meama

Close but nicer than the original.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Much more chypre than the original, with an Angel effect (fruit + patchouli) on my skin.
Should be tried on skin !

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

I had a quick spray of this in the Nice duty free and it smelt very similar to the original to me. Still a pretty abstract floral bouquet. It does have very good longevity and sillage though (particularly for a JCE). The bottle seemed to be the most sprayed one in the store as well as it was nearly empty!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I too found the sharp citrus opening overwhelming. To me it smelled like sour tinned grapefruit and then that tin can element grew very strong on me - until it had almost like a metallic/blood tang. Very disturbing and unpleasant - if I wanted that kind of challenge I would not be looking for it from Hermes. Frankly weird and not what I expected at all.

Majesty
Majesty

Jour d'Hermes Absolu has finally launched although I am not sure if it was a pleasant experience. To me it is almost identical to the original. I was expecting blooming gardenia and jasmine and it's still all about grapefruit and white flowers. Grapefruit is pungent and literally 'covers' the smoothness of white flowers. I was expecting a smoother, creamier version , a warmer sensation on the skin.. All I get is a huge grapefruit note and those poor flowers struggling to come to the surface. Good lasting power and good silage.

Jour d`Hermes Absolu by Hermes 3.95 out of 5 based on 462 ratings and 69 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.25oz
Jour D'hermes Absolu by Hermes Eau de Parfum Spray Refillable 2.8 oz for Women
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Absolu Eau De Parfum Refill 125ml 4.2oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Absolu Eau De Parfum Refill 125ml 4.2oz
Gift Set 1.6oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Absolu Coffret Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray 50ml 1.6oz Eau De Parfum Miniature 7.5ml 0.25oz Body Lotion 30ml 1oz 3pcs
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Absolu Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray 85ml 2.87oz
Hermes Jour D'Hermes Absolu Eau De Parfum Refillable Spray 85ml 2.87oz
Hermes Jour d'Hermes Absolu - Eau de parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Jour d`Hermes Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hermes Jour d`Hermes Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jour d`Hermes Absolu by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jour d`Hermes Absolu by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.