Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Jour d’Hermes Gardenia  Hermes for women
dislike

tuberose
Jour d’Hermes Gardenia  Hermes for women Pictures

Hermes fragrance collection that started with the original edition Jour d'Hermes in 2013 is a creation of perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena who wanted to embrace and express flowers as the essence of femininity. After the original, Jour d`Hermes Absolu edition was presented in 2014.

The new fragrance of the collection is Jour d'Hermes Gardenia, scheduled for spring 2015. Jour d'Hermes Gardenia is described as a bouquet of gardenias that convey scents of tuberose, rose and jasmine.

It is available as 50 and 85 ml Eau de Parfum in a bottle of original design with light green liquid.

Gardenia Tuberose Rose Jasmine Citruses

Jour d’Hermes Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

I don't really like it... I thought I'll love gardenia, but turns out, it smells like old lady perfume. Not what I expected.

kerry_rahma
kerry_rahma

i really don't like this perfume.. it smells vintage and decaying flower. unlike other quality hermes has given

SabrinaUK
SabrinaUK

Wooooo, big bounch of white creamy smooth fluffy stunning flower !!!love it head over heels!!! Besides, it has nothing in common with jour d' hermes and absolute! Its a totally different
pefume!

Suzjdh
Suzjdh

This is just a general comment for those experiencing the same: I usually love Ellena scents; however, they almost always bother me, headache, etc. I think I've narrowed it down to the aquatic, watery accord that are in most of his perfumes. I truly wish he would make some gorgeous scents without this note, so we all could enjoy them.

Akashia
Akashia

My first impression of this perfume is 'Wow.'

It is one h*ll of a beautiful perfume, I must say.

Rich and succulent combination of gardenia and tuberose.

Unfortunately, it has a tiny nagging scent, I can't quite pinpoint that bothered me.

Performs much better on a rainy day than sunny day. On a rainy day, the scent is much more tamed and luxurious.

I sprayed at the back of my neck, and was able to enjoy the scent all day long.

Great longevity and sillage.

For hot weather, I think it could be a bit suffocating and overpowering. Nevertheless, overall, fantastic scent.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

Oh my!!! This is one of the best Gardenia I ever smelled! It's stunning. Jean-Claude Ellena managed to make Gardenia smell so modern. It's elegant yet sexy. Perfect weddings fragrance, perfect for summer evenings.

pi^2
pi^2

A very nice gardenia scent, but a bit too sharp and heady - must be the jasmine and tuberose. Starts fresh, then thickens and becomes sweeter, and finally evens out into a really nice gardenia smell, but alas, gives me a bit of a headache. One of those white florals...

cocoethermes
cocoethermes

I love this fragrance so much! Too bad it is limited edition. I use it very sparingly as it will break my heart to see this beautiful scent run out.

This fragrance brings forth dewy gardenia buds, clean-cut tuberose, and voluptuous roses surrounded by crisp morning air and greenery. It is intoxicatingly beautiful, but it still has a masculine edge, making it unisex.

Silage:10/10
Packaging: 10/10, DIVINE
Price: 10/10, better than most gardenia fragrances launched by niche houses
** PS: if you love carnal flower, you will definitely like this one!
Get one before it runs out!!!

Oriane
Oriane

Clean gardenia, voluptuous roses, and refined jasmine make for a rich bouquet - a rare blend that you can't reduce to one word. Each flower creates different facets which are likely to surprise you during the day.

Indeed, as often when you smell Hermès perfumes, it's difficult to judge on a first impression, for their fragrances beautifully evolve into complex and addictive scents. This unpredictability makes them very dear to me. I just cannot be bored by them (a good quality when they happen to be longlasting), and it seems like I'm always discovering them for the first time.

This one could have been too "clean" because of the strong gardenia note, yet it turns into a radiant and creamy texture that is both elegant and refreshing.

Lyoness
Lyoness

I just smelled Hermes Gardenia for the first time yesterday after a saleswoman at David Jones suggested it, and WOW. I am a sucker for Tuberose, which really comes through in this perfume, with the creamy gardenia note just underneath to make a sophisticated floral. I also LOVE white florals, but what I love about this perfume in particular is that there's an edge to it that other florals lack- it's that animalic aspect to it that makes me want to keep smelling it. It reminds me of Versace Blonde which was unfortunately discontinued. Hermes Gardenia is now at the top of my list for perfumes I want to buy. Absolutely lovely!

highmaintenancegirl
highmaintenancegirl

Jour d'hermes gardenia is the best version of this fragrance. The original smells like vegetable broth, the Absolu was a grapefruit juice mess. Gardenia is more feminine, delicate, a gauzy explosion of white blossoms.

Veronica85
Veronica85

I don't think the linear scent is this perfume's fault. Gardenia by Hermes is trying to present the lovers of gardenia its natural, pure, hearable, and prominent smell of it.
I believe that other components in the background are here to keep this linear scent modern. Excellent job, Hermes.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Il profumo soave e realistico di un bouquet composto da tuberose e gardenie.
La nota indolica della tuberosa è smorzata dalla dolcezza della gardenia e rinfrescata da spruzzi di lime e menta.
Appartiene alla stessa famiglia di Honour Amouage Woman e Carnal Flower Malle.
Una bellissima tuberosa verde e lineare, semplice e non invasiva, radiosa e femminile.
Si espande in silenzio come spuma di bollicine di prosecco versato troppo in fretta e perciò traboccante dal flute.
Un fiorito non potente, che afferma la propria presenza con eleganza e bon ton.
Si sente la creatività del grande maestro.

chove
chove

Jour d’Hermès Gardénia positions itself right in the middle of the gardenia-tuberose fragrance spectrum where it successfully balances on a thin, damp spiderweb thread in beautiful, transparent light. The jasmine is of the green, crisp kind, thus enabling both gardenia and tuberose to present themselves as their more mature incarnations. But while the gardenia is gloriously ripe, it still remains truly prim and pretty. The fragrance never borders carnality, it’s just creamier than the creaky sweet-green variants of the capricious blossoms, while still being softer and snappier than the romanesque, decaying ones. Fresh minty and citrusy rose accords complete the composition. This is perfect for a game of croquet on the lawn if you're into that sort of thing, otherwise it's just perfect as well.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

this is stunning!
A fresh tube rose gardenia , it reminds me of another masterpiece: Carnal Flower---> due to the green undertone.
It is beautiful, VERY feminine...only FRESH and GREEN it is one of the word delicately fresh.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

sky blue
sky blue

What a pitty it's only a limited edition! It is a fresh floral-green composition, slightly sour at the begining but just a minute after that develops into an airy and ethereal, fairylike gentle scent.

This is an ideal summer fragrance, gardenia is not too sweet nor 'cheesy' here, it is very light, almost transparent, with the slightest creamy warmth from ylang-ylang, rose, jasmine and tuberose and very transparent vanilla, iris and white musks in the dry-down. The impression is sunny, fresh, summer-like, like a summer-wind kissing your skin.

Pretty longlasting on my skin with a decent sillage.

Notes by Osmoz:
Top Notes: Galbanum, Rhubarb, Aldehyde Notes, Sea Note
Heart Notes: Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-Ylang, Hedione, Gardenia
Base Notes: White Musks, Vanilla Pod, Iris Absolu.

evachen
evachen

I got this for testing. I wasn't so amazed and found it too strong and too mature, when I sprayed it on the paper. Yet it's a quite pretty flower smell. Today I sprayed it on my wrist and found it quite nice at the first moment. Then it started to change to a very very flowery citrus smell for me, which smells exactly like those parfum you can smell in the lavatories in better department stores... Such a pity because I really would like to like it.

aki777
aki777

After testing it at least 5 times on different occasions and weathers this one is now on my wish list. On my skin it's a lovely creamy green gardenia, fresh and cheerful yet elegant at the same time, pretty versatile in my opinion. Worked best on warm sunny days. considering it is an edp the longevity and silage are not the best, it becomes a skin scent on me after 4-5 hours, however if I spray it into my hair it lasts way longer. I'm going to get a body lotion from the Jour line which hopefully helps!

Orquidea
Orquidea

I tried the scent lately. I have to admit in advance that I am not a fan of de jour d'Hermes it somehow bores me. I love flowery scents sometimes also soliflores and I love gardenia. So, I thought I give it a try.
My experience with this was not good. I was overwhelmed by loud screeming gardenia scent, however, not a nice one, but a sour scent almost like rotten flowers. But I am a patient person when it comes to perfumes, so I waited some hours. After some 2 hours the sourness slightly disappeared but also the gardenia. What was left was the original jour d'Hermès and this was not what I expected.
To me personally a disappointment across the line. It may work on others, not on me, I prefer my Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion it is a more honest Gardenia combination for me.

Rux2589
Rux2589

My first reaction when I sprayed this was "Oh my god I want it NOW!" Not a safe scent if you ask me, but a delicious one that made me want to devour my own wrist.

Too linear indeed, which makes it boring after a while, but if you do get to smell it, just take your sweet time to really savour it.

amyewest
amyewest

Very nice gardenia without the mushroom/bleu cheese elements found in EL Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. Also has a soapy/creamy note. Not damning w/faint praise either; if it is soapy, it's the nicest soap ever. I think I also got a very very light hint of musk at the end. Will have to test some more before I decide if I want to commit to a bottle. Oh, and like the rest of the Jour d'Hermes family, it smells of grapefruit only this time it's barely there thank goodness.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is quite nice. Jour D'hermes Gardenia is as innocent and pure as Gardenia can be. It's clear, fresh and harmonious with focus on gardenia.

That's said, Jour d'Hermes absolu is still my favorite of the 3 jour perfumes. However, Gardenia is a very charming new addition and worthy of being an Hermes! Excellent Job.

Dimitra79
Dimitra79

I'm not a gardenia fan, but I find this one very beautiful!
It has that classy-but-always-modern Hermès vibe that makes it very special.
I have a small sample of this and I trully enjoy it!

RkrChk
RkrChk

At the first spritz, tt started out a little 'fatty' -- it actually smelled like a nice suntan oil w/ warm sand...A few moments later, it smells like a harmonious blend of tuberose [a member of the agave plant], gardenia [a member of the coffee plant], jasmine [kin to the olive plant] with a touch of fresh, unsweetened rose...

The bonus is that this fragrance doesn't seem to be taking a turn towards becoming cloying or indolic because of the jasmine...

As for it comparing to other gardenia fragrances, my memory isn't jumping to any conclusions right now...I think this one is bottle worthy because even though it's linear, it's quite sumptuous...

jovejove
jovejove

Sprayed myself, took a shower and it was still on me quite prominently. I find it lasts for me, but I don't like the scent, not my type: too linear and safe. Smells nice...but just..."nice".

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

To me this is a very nice, well made soliflore - a beautiful gardenia flower blooming in the morning, before it becomes too hot and the scent becomes cloying.
Very feminine, elegant and probably safe for any occasion.
I would keep it for daytime use, in summer, when sultry oriental fragrances are "too much".
I does not seem to stay for very long, but it can be applied again as it is so gentle and inoffensive.

Antares811
Antares811

Tried today, I'm speechless: this is stunning!
A fresh tuberose-gardenia combo, it reminds me a bit of another tuberose masterpiece: Carnal Flower, due to the green undertone.
I think tuberose is more prominent than gardenia here.
Absolutely feminine and sophisticated.
LOVE!

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Maybe my problem with this scent is that I had huge expectations. How couldn't I being a tuberose and gardenia fan, an Ellena's work admired and a loyal Hermes perfumes client?

This is just not matching my taste, it isn't offending or bad, only not interesting enough for me. Too cool, too formal, too transparent, too conventional in contemporary terms. The surprise was for me the lack of surprise, I guess.

Good news: I'll be saving some money :)

A strong white floral for sure. Tuberose gives it rather sharp tone and gardenia is not creamy and nice, like in many other perfumes. I also sense it as green. I guess it's a little too green and a little too white floral for my taste.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I am obsessed about Gardenia at the moment. Have pretty much sniffed out all the classics and thought I have finally found my holy grail in Bond 9 or Estee Lauder Private Collection, then this fresh new contender comes along and turns my world upside down yet again!

It is truly beautiful, VERY feminine and just so delicately fresh. FRESH and GREEN is the word. This is not the rich, dense and heavy (some might say deafening or cloying) type of gardenia (usually heavy on the tuberose) but this one here is rather a wet and cool morning Gardenia, emphasizing the crisp green notes, perhaps of a bud that is just about to open?

In its cold manner it actually reminds me a bit of AMOUAGE "Lyric" that is a similarly cold and green morning rose.

Un Jour Gardenia is a true gem of a flanker (sometimes, but very rarely) that in my opinion outperforms the original.

Not a reference Gardenia but a fresh, clean, cool (thus ideal for the summer months) type of 'Abstract Gardenia' that is a true marvel in this genre of modern florals.

Near masterpiece of Monsieur Ellena. If only there was more development and longevity but it is truly BEAUTIFUL.

9/10. New modern Gardenia Classic. Very unisex, yet feminine enough for a wedding on a hot day. Magnifique!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Jour d’Hermes Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hermes Jour d’Hermes Gardenia , you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jour d’Hermes Gardenia by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jour d’Hermes Gardenia by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.