Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Kelly Caleche Hermes for women

leather
Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures Kelly Caleche Hermes for women Pictures

Kelly Calèche: written by Jean-Claude Ellena as an interpretation of the memory of a visit to the Hermès skin warehouse, this expression of a light leather is at once feminine and joyous. Kelly Calèche gives a nod to two emblematic House references, translating the tactile, olfactory emotions of the perfumer while evoking a skin-deep leather, tanned by caresses and embroidered with fresh petals.

The note that spreads throughout the fragrance and stealthily dominates is a note of fine leather. The fragrance is considered to be youthful because of the fruity and floral traces which gently caress. It is aimed at girls 20-25 years of age, young ladies with already formed taste and style, which can wear Kelly Caleche with joy. It comes as 50ml (1.7 oz.fl.) and 100ml (3.4 oz.fl.) EDT. The bottle is designed by Philippe Mouquet.

The house of Hermes presents a new and very interesting bottle for Kelly Caleche Pure Perfume, perfume extract of Kelly Caleche, in Autumn 2008. This innovative and very charming lock hides notes of sensual and gentle perfume dedicated to Kelly bag with discrete and elegant leather aromas. It is one of the products which made the house of Hermes highly respectable. Kelly Caleche, work of perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena, attracts and seduces with its romantic mood and a fresh, luxurious trail of the composition. The small chain that hides this perfume inside its body can be hidden in your hand or purse and kept just for you. Reconstructed aromas of the first fragrance will enchant you with jasmine, mimosa, tuberose, iris, benzoin and discrete leather accords. Ladylike, youthful and aristocratic Kelly Caleche Pure Perfume is available in a bottle shaped like a silver chain in amount of 7,5 ml for 140 Euro, and reffil price is 76 Euro. Kelly Caleche was launched in 2007.

Lily-of-the-Valley Narcissus Grapefruit

Tuberose Rose Mimosa

Leather iris

Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum
Petale Noir

Kelly Caleche Fragrance Reviews

fiouu
fiouu

OMFG OMG OMG. I. JUST. CAN'T. A few days ago I bought a used 50ml bottle of KC. Today I picked it up, sprayed some on the back of my hand (where I usually do the general testing for longevity and development on top notes) and all that laid there was a powdery mixture of rose and grapefruit. Thus progressed to a hay-like floral scent and I felt deranged. Gladly I didn't pay much for it, I thought to myself, checked out the batch code to see If it was fake, because it has a notorious discoloration (it's Yellow) so yeah, bam, it's from 2007. I 'm surprised how many people' s trash May be other's treasure. So I gave it another shot, on my left hand laid the already dried KC, while on the right one I spritzed some. Again the top notes smell like expensive makeup, good but not awe inducing as other powdery perfumes. And then I sniffed my left hand and HOLY SMOKES it did smell like a lamb skin mixed with hay and flowers. I'd say kelly caleche is the vivid representation of a mink coat, it smells more like fur than leather to be honest. Very pretty and polite, longevity is astounding with sillage close to skin. I understand the many dislikes, for some this may not smell very "modern" to many, but it's right there with Chanel N 19 Poudre. It's a modern interpretation of something from another era, and it's very well done. This is my first Hermès perfume and my first Jean Claude Ellena, and so far, I'm not disappointed at all. I've gone to and fro with the jardins but never managed to smell any (I chickened out at the last second at the counter, leaving like a weirdo). Now I feel like I'm ready to give JCE and his creations another chance. And yes, I'm still on a powder binge. Non stop apparently.
ETa: The top notes seem to have inspired the noses behind *cough* Balenciaga's Florabotanica. AHEM.

ozzieoz
ozzieoz

I am neither into leather nor roses. But i fell in love with this scent. What a dilemma! This smells quality from top to toe. Like all other Hermes scents. Well done indeed.

Catty

It smells expensive and modern. It´s extremely elegant, young and refreshing, what more could I wish from a scent!

This is a "cool rose" scent...very Parisienne!

highly recommended!

archivist
archivist

Bon chic, bon genre - this is a brisk, clean, bright, fresh, polite and cheerful daytime perfume. The perfume equivalent of a sweet little MG convertible with the top down.

diamondkite
diamondkite

I never thought Kelly Caleche would suit me - I thought that leather notes were for chic urbanites with expensive minimalist yet classic clothes, which isn't my style... BUT, I have to admit that this smells really good on me.

Kelly Caleche is strident 'city chic' leather (not the same as well-oiled saddlery leather) sweetened by fresh rose/florals, with citrus radiating at the top. It's super pretty.

Also, Hermes perfumes have a 'shininess' to them that I love. I guess I will just have to buy it and then polish the rest my style a bit, right?

Silage and longevity is fair- moderate on me, which I prefer for the warmer months.

schamberae
schamberae

oooooh...leather..leather and leather.. really smells like my brand new coach leather bag. warm and comforting. smells like old books covered in dust in an old library.. amazing. travelled me back to the 20th century.. it's so dry and smooth on your nose. the milky rose is yummy

Amanaiara
Amanaiara

What a lovely fragrance! Kelly Caleche is a perfect scent for the winter we get in my so very tropical town.
In my skin the roses are prominent, I can also smell leather and grapefruit and some powderiness, I guess it's the iris. The projection is moderate, so this perfume can be easily worn in the office in winter and cold days in fall, as it's very discreet and sophisticated.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

It's memorable enough. It's pretty enough. I get the rose and leather mixed in there. For me it's just not"old worldly" enough. I need some powder, some lipstick, some civet or something else. I can almost swear my cousin used to wear this, because this is my first time trying this, and it took my mind right to her. If she didn't wear this, then she should. Somebody in the immediate family wore this years ago. One of the aunts or cousins, I'm sure of it. Perhaps the reason I'm not crazy for it. Will let it rest and try it again another day. I bet my mother would have loved this, but she didn't ever wear this, had to be one of the richer aunties in the family. Perhaps it will grow on me, but I highly doubt it. Will update when tried again.

It just hit me. This is what I expect Lauren Bacall to smell like. That era. that first movie with Bogart. How she was so nervous she had her head bowed down so her chin would rest on her chest, so as not to shake. Her beauty, her model figure, her eyes peering up at you. Yep, this fragrance is what I expect made Bogie fall in love with her, other than the fact that she was stunning and young! Ha! Because he could!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Instead of Black Orchid, I would want to wear this as my expensive, leather-seated, mistress-dominating perfume. Reminds me of Si with the floral-fruity notes but less cheap. Si isn't that cheap in the first place! Sex + womanliness + cash = Kelly Caleche. As crass as that equation is. A high quality perfume, there just isn't a lot of other perfume formulated like this, even Tom Ford.

Hinging on love although not quite something you could wear everyday. You'd wear it if you needed an exotic boost.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

I love this scent it's like roses but not at you know them and a silky sultry smell that I couldn't get enough of, it's very expensive and unusual smelling.
I wore this during spring and summer and there was something refreshing about it yet it has such substance.

I got asked lots of times by women what I was wearing and my husband loved it on me, just wish it wasn't quite so expensive though I will happily pay out again to smell that good.

Oh and not a hint of dusty oldness or girly bubble bath it's just pure grown woman!

alyssaprokup
alyssaprokup

I love, love, love this!! Opens with a hint of floral but quickly goes into a lovely, feminine leather. Lasted all day, and has good sillage. This will definitely be a staple in my collection.

Mas777
Mas777

I completely agree with Catty :-) I only can add that ,on my skin and on my clothes, I smell a lot of mimosa and narcissus , which leaving in my mind a weird sensation of calm and relax....!

teadrinker
teadrinker

Jean-Claude Ellena has made some beautiful perfumes. I can appreciate the complexities and mastery that went into making this, but I don't actually like it. This is an odd-smelling fragrance. When I first put it on it had a really heavy leather note, and I am not a fan of leather notes. Even Hermes leather could not persuade me. The scent got better on the drydown, when it turned into a fairly standard floral, but then it shifted again and turned into this odd sweet scent. It shifted frequently, and overall, wasn't something I found pleasant (aside from the florals, which I liked). I would definitely not purchase this again, and doubt I'll wear it much.

hanson26
hanson26

Every time I smell this, it absolutely blows me away. I've been wanting this perfume for years, but I never got it because in my pre-Fragrantica days I A) considered this wildly expensive, B) didn't know that discount sites were reputable, and C) didn't spend an inordinate amount of money on perfume back then because I was still sane before discovering this website :P But anyway, I just received a decant from a lovely Fragrantican and even though I've tried this many times before, it didn't fail to blow me away yet again. I don't know what it is about this perfume, but it's just absolutely incredible. The epitome of sophistication, in my opinion. Ross, leather, and grapefruit-who knew they'd blend so well together? The grapefruit adds a sparkly, refreshing touch to the rose, and the leather here is divine. It's definitely noticeable, and a very realistic leather note, but it doesn't take over the fragrance. The rose and grapefruit share the spotlight with the leather, and it's mesmerizing. And the inclusion of the leather is genius, because how many citrusy rose fragrances are there? A lot, right? But none with such a stunning leather note. I'd better buy a full bottle fast, because I'm going to burn through this decant. 10/10. Perfect.

projectalice345
projectalice345

I like the leather but I wish it was much stronger and there were no florals. I am trying to find a leather smell....the search goes on, its nice but maybe too light for me. I need a dirty smell. The rose is giving me a headache. Too scratchy and light. This is kind of a high-note perfume on me. Didnt work at all.

Just a side note......if anyone tried this and got a head ache and not much leather.....you should run and get a sample of Tom Fords Tuscan Leather. It is NOT sweet and head ache inducing like this.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I got a 1mL sample of this from The Perfumed Court, and I'm in love. This smells like a 'my skin but better' kind of perfume on me. It's so, so lovely and blends so perfectly with my natural scent. I really want a full bottle, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy one.

Update: I ended up getting a 50mL bottle for $60 from priceritemart.com.au and I'm waiting impatiently for it to arrive!

Update 2: I wore this to my parents' anniversary dinner when I wore a real leather jacket and this complemented the smell of the leather really well! I also wore it after that occasion, but somehow it was underwhelming that time. I'm now wondering if I should have bought a full bottle haha!

halael
halael

Opening: An explosion of powdery florals. Drydown: An expensive leather purse.
It's interesting, but I prefer my leathers dirtier, and the rose has a synthetic edge to it that makes the opening contrast with the drydown in an unpleasant way.
It's not a bad fragrance, especially for a designer, but it doesn't suit my taste.

Hellita
Hellita

This is about the EdP Kelly Caleche: I really wanted to love this one, as smelling from the bottle is smelt divine. But when it hit my skin all the florals disappeared and only leather remained. It's to much leather for my personal liking. It's probably very nice on someone else, but unfortunately didn't work for me.

Catty

Kelly Caleche for me is the simple and unpretentious chic.

It´s a citrus rose with a subtle leather touch, and that´s all...simply classy, rich and very fresh.

It´s a day scent, but Kelly Calleche is a very expensive acceesoire for your casual daily clothes.

It´s like to be dressed in a Jeans and in a White t-shirt, wearing a Pearl necklace to give a chic touch.

Kelly Caleche is like this Pearl necklace. Make you feel very refined, classy and fresh, in a very casual look.

Pure Magic!

carolynnj
carolynnj

I am not a big fan of floral smells, but every rule has an exception. I was shopping and caught a whiff of this and HAD to have it. Citrus cuts the floral scent which moves the granny roses into something much lighter, and it harmonised well with other flowers. The lily is a fantastic addition. The leathery undertones turn the fragrance from sweet and fresh to slightly dangerous... Like the librarian with a wild side. It's the perfect daytime treat.

I bought it on the spot. I wore the heck out of it until three weeks later when a guest knocked it off of my front door table. I have yet too replace it. It comes at a high price, but everything worthwhile comes at a cost!

Norgirl
Norgirl

Ohh my oh my This one took me by suprise
I got a sample of this in a swapp and thought well lets try it again , last time i was not to pleased mith it. But now .. Oh my G.. I feal like im walking on peacefull clouds . Its like in another world , angelic kind beings surrounding me with light and hope . A lighte pink ray of hope lingers a cool wind of serenity and calmness
This is what the fragrance did to me ;)
I can feal the cooling Rose and juicy grapefruit mixing with a slight leather note, mimosas and narcissus warming it up slightly slightly. The violet keeping the cooling affect with a dash of Iris just like a powder puff on top ;) wonderfull wonderfull . I cant detect much Tuberose in this one ( luckely) This makes me think i must have gotten a bad sample at an earlyer stage . I thought i could not care for this one but now.. This one goes right on top of my wish list . lovely just lovely nead a bottle :)

larita91
larita91

When it comes to perfumes, I definiately have a sweet tooth. So I don't have a clue why I fell in love with this one. I just ordered a sample because I yearned for something new, something different, and I got it...

It starts with ugly citrusy smell, like you poured out a bottle of pine-scented toilet freshener, but thats for only the first 10 seconds. Then it settles, and becomes the most beautiful leather scent I've ever smelled. Somehow I smell camomile in it, so this scent is a unique mixture of a new leather handbag and camomiles to my nose........one strange thing is that I've smelled it before, not he perfume, but the smell. I don't know when or how but I know I have. You know, this is one of those childhood memory scents to my nose, so I am totally in love, and wrapped whit good feelings when I wear it. :)

Both projection and longetivity are good on me.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Disappointing. I can definitely smell the leather but its so clean and airy - like a new handbag full of trebor mints.. I would've preferred it to be warmer and sexier - some musk or woodsy notes to compliment the leather and give it some staying power.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

I have been dying to try this for months and fought hard to resist a blind buy based on everything I have read here on Fragrantica. Today my daughter brought me over several samples and I am sooooooo happy I didn't invest any money in this perfume.
By the descriptions here I was expecting a wonderful leather scent...one of my favorite notes. Instead all I got was something piney and green.I'm assuming this is the grapefruit that I am smelling.
No rose, no white flowers, no leather. Just Pine cleaner..

EDIT: I was looking through my old reviews today and was shocked to see what I had written and left here! Yes, my first testing of this perfume was a big disappointment but I knew I must be missing something as this is a much loved perfume. So, I tried it again and again and each time I smelled something different. By the 5th day I was in love and had to purchase a full bottle.

Yes, the grapefruit opening is a bit bitter and tart, but that soon changes to a delicate rose and mimosa mingled with the most gorgeous, realistic leather scent. I have smelled. I am in love with this beautiful perfume. It is exactly the beautiful leather scent I have been looking for.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I'm smelling this from a card, and only get a faint undertone of leather. For me it's a fresh, youthful scent, like freesias and orange blossom; I don't get any rose or iris. It smells elegant yet carefree, like a young woman wearing simple, expensive clothes in a casual way.

Jenge
Jenge

I kept smelling mint in this especially early on. I always have mint chewing gum in my purse and that is what Kelly smells like: my purse with my gum, lotions, and the leather. The leather is very subtle and natural as is the grapefruit. The fragrance is soft and feminine.

I really liked it at first as none of the notes overpowered the others. I don't know where the mint is coming from, I almost think it could be the lily-of-the-valley, grapefruit combo. The mintyness went away, but unfortunately this became sour on my skin. Not citrus sour, but old flower sour and unpleasant.

Catty

I love leather! and it´s the 1rst time that I see a lady-like leather scent (they are usually a Little bit masculine).

This leather-musky scent is extremely feminine, refined, polite, fresh and modern. Really impressive how Jean Claude-Ellena achieved this composition!

Perfect for day-time, or a spring-summer evening.
I´m in love with Kelly Caleche!

It´s one of my faves!
A Masterpiece!

Jose Marcos

Sometime ago I said that one day I would flip and get Kelly Calache for me. At that time females' scents were off bounderies. Not any more. Some are too complex to be offered as masculine and at the same time not at all feminine themselves, rather manly like. So it was a matter of time before I finally bought me a bottle. Kelly Caleche is a sweet leather sprinkled with very light citrus and an even more discreet flowery accord. It is also green, but not in the Chanel No 19 way. It smells very unisex, and I have Prada L'Eau Ambree in the other arm, and that makes the leather stronger. I love it. Them.

SuzanneRonelle
SuzanneRonelle

Blind buy but from the reviews I had read here I simply knew that I would love it - and I do although my experience seems different from most. On me (I have the eau de toilette) it doesn't seem so floral, more like a spicy-leathery mix. Strong spice, softer leather. I don't smell any of the flower smells that others smell, I get strong notes of cloves, ginger, white soap and leather. It is define! I can't stop myself from smelling my wrists the whole time. Big thanks to the other reviewers - your positive reviews put me onto a great perfume.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

A fellow Fragrantican gifted me a passel of decants, and Kelly Caleche was one. This is not a fragrance I would choose on my own, not one that ever even crossed my radar, so I’m approaching it completely blind.

The first notes drifted past quickly, and my impression is of citrus followed by damp, clean clay and then dry, cool lilies with a note that I associate with Jacamo Silences, the sharp, slightly powdery, cool and aloof galbanum. That same galbanum-lily of the valley coolness is in Fidji, just a bit. It’s a note I associated with vintage scents (60’s-70’s, where lily of the valley, hyacinth and galbanum ruled supreme). I don’t see galbanum listed as a note, so I’m not sure what’s creating that impression. Is it the Iris, where older scents had hyacinth and galbanum? It’s as though KC were a modernized version of Silences or Fidji, with more citrus, more subtle lily and slightly less powder.

After that coolness comes the leather. Wow, what a smooth transition in such an unexpected direction! It’s the fancy society girl leaving the country club clothes on the floor so she can head out to the horse barn before the rest of the household wakes up, riding while the sun rises and the cool morning dew dries on the grass. There’s even a dried grass-hay kind of smell; the image is very much of a horse barn, one that is clean but still horsey and filled with leather riding implements and soft, fragrant hay. Not sure where this hay-smell is coming from; the 8 notes listed on Fragrantica belie the complexity of this fragrance, and would make you believe it’s an unbalanced floral-centric scent. Instead, KC is a smooth transition from citrus to floral to leathery hay. The dry down is remarkably dissimilar to the first notes; from crisp, cool sophistication to quite pastoral calm—“a day in the life of a down-to-earth society girl”. In fact, if you like Burberry Weekend, this could be “weekend of horseback riding” vs “weekend at the yacht club.”

This was a fun perfume adventure! I’m surprised at how much I enjoyed it, as usually I’m a floriental girl myself. If you enjoy unique floral compositions with depth and earthiness; if you want something that transitions nicely rather than staying linear on your skin; if you don’t want a shrieking white floral but you want something fresh, light and slightly sophisticated, this could be the perfume for you. Sillage is modest, longevity as yet unproven.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

There's so much to like about this perfume - leather, iris, tiny touch of tuberose, mimosa - all wonderful, but the grapefruit dominates for me and has a sour effect on my skin that lasts.
If you're a little wary of grapefruit you might find this difficult, other than that though it's beautifully constructed,very elegant and I liked it more than the EDP

SayakaP
SayakaP

I used to wear this when I was really into hose riding. :-)
I wanted to smell like a rose on a saddle even when I'm in the office.

Cool-headed sexy. That's how I'd describe this elegant fragrance.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

I love this perfume, its smell is divine, but every time I use I get a headache, use poison, dolce vita, lady vegance, Casmir and another heavy, this is not strong, but it has a note that gets me down.

melodysage
melodysage

Lovely, just lovely, the rose and grapefruit are pale and ethereal like wan early morning sunshine. Underneath the transparent florals there is a whiff of hay, clean sweat, and cool, almost slithery, leather. The smell of subliminal sex, idealized, and posh to its bones, a winged horse. Sublime, truly sublime, but also remote, distant. Not for those afraid of heights.

This would make a nice signature scent. Fresh and bright enough for the heat, complex enough for the cold, with an understated chic that can go anywhere.

scentedrat
scentedrat

I got a sample of this a few years ago and loved it. Used it all up, and then bought a bottle last winter. This time it was different. It seemed heavier and dirtier, with an almost rancid note. I couldn't find the flowers anywhere. I don't know if the formulation changed or what happened, but I went from love to hate on this one. And I'm unhappy about it, because I really did love it when I had my sample! It smelled feminine and pretty with just the right amount of leather. Now it goes straight to leather, hard and dirty.

lia78
lia78

This is by far the most unique and well blended perfume out there. The scent starts off citrusy and green with leather notes. Then the sweet powdery scent and soft leather just keeps you sniffing yourself for more. The skin scent is magnificent on this one. I tend to choose my perfumes based on how I feel at the time or how I want to feel.. Well, this one just makes me feel right. I spray this on me and I know, I am exactly where I'm suppose to be. Now and forever my signature fragrance...

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

I'm in love/hate of this fragrance, i love the bottle and the small locket charm, cute!, but i felt a little disappointed of the juice, it's just i expected too much for an Hermes fragrance, when i read leather makes me think an elegant and strong leather as Aigner Black, not something like blood as the Womanity by Thierry Mugler...thanks to God it fades after 30-40 minutes and then it smells like elegant floral-fruity...very weird perfume!, i got the 100ml, next time i want to try the L’Ambre des Merveilles i'm pretty sure is more suitable to my nose.

Bazique
Bazique

This is a very interesting scent. At first I didn't like it much, but now I'm in love with it. It gives off the vibe of a young, chic, independent woman (Note: woman, not girl). It's very sophisticated in a modern way.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This is a rather interesting scent-to my nose it actually doesn't smell floral at all. It smells like very nice leather with intense fruit notes(I know there is no fruit in it but this is what it smells like to me).
If anything it kind of reminds me of Bottega Venetta scent althought BV is NOWHERE near as leather as KC.
Either way, I don't think its for me but I can see why people like it. I will give props to Hermes for creating something that stunning and unique.
P.S. It bears no resemblence to regular Caleche which is full of dusty aldehydes and which made me say "bleh"..sorry, aldehydes and I are mortal enemies LOL

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Oh WOW. This is just gorgeous. First of all, Kelly Caleche is reminding me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Whatever it's reminding me of must of been a good thing though, that's for sure (do hope I figure it out soon though as it's driving me nuts).

The Grapefruit, Leather & Mimose just SING together, perfectly, in harmony! On my skin, those three notes are the stars of the show. However the florals in this dance their way in and out as well, especially that deliciate yet prominent Iris note. This is just so feminine, so elegant, so fun - but not in a juvenile sort of way, more in a sophisticated sort of way. Sophisticated fun LOL!

I'm usually wary of Grapefruit as it tends to take over on my skin - but not with Kelly Caleche. Black Orchid will always be my signature, but this is definitely a new favourite. It lasts forever, silage is great, projection is fantastic..and it just continually evolves while it's on my skin, especially that yummy leather. Just beautiful :)

Birchy cat
Birchy cat

I love this. Fresh and elegant. Not over powering. Mostly I wear it in the summer but sometimes in the winter to remind me of the summer. I'm on my second bottle. It lasts well.

Rossinka
Rossinka

To wear this refined and strong perfume i recomend a tip: spray the scent anly in your wrists, then apray again in air and pass by, but avoid to spray behind your ears if you suffer with migraine or head aches :)
It's an incredible chick scent, but the word to wear is "parcimony" !

Molko
Molko

It's a really good, unique and discreet scent that easy to wear. I think the best fragrance for modern women who doesn't like sweet/fruity/floral and common feminine scents.
Instead of rose and leather I smell chamomile or the mix of these notes are equal to chamomile, cause my nose feels this fragrance fresh, soft, wet chamomile with powder. I feel that Kelly has a cold touch, but it's like heaven or like a little miracle that u can discover it. Long lasting, the projection is average to good. I really enjoy to wear in hot weather, I feel always and all day so fresh.

bettybluebell
bettybluebell

I am obsessed with the aroma of Hermes leather products and thought this would be the answer to a perfect leather fragrance. For me, Kelly Caleche is so strong with the grapefruit note that I really don't get leather at all. I don't care for a grapefruit note so this is not to my liking but I appreciate the fresh bright quality. My expectations of a leather scent are that of a buttery smooth and deep mellowness, not crisp and fresh. This might appeal to those who are looking for sparkling grapefruit qualities, as this is a very nice high quality scent.

patxaran
patxaran

Sprayed this on from a tester the other day. There is a reason why I have not taken it off my test list. It seems unlikely for me not to like this at all, given the nose, notes and general Hermes style that I tend to like. Maybe that tester was off, but seriously, all I got was a reminder of blasting myself with DEET on my Asia travels. Yes, really strong insect repellent. I am hopeful that when we next meet, Kelly Caleche and moi will have a more pleasant experience :-)

Dryne
Dryne

Il love this aura.

temporal
temporal

It's a lively fragrance, which develops through the day from floral and lightly citrus notes to deep, warm yet fresh leather feeling, with a subtle touch of iris. It stays on my skin for many hours, and in the end of the day it is fresh and atmospheric.

The last phase of this journey is comforting and intriguing (as still there are shadows to discover). I adore this part, while the opening of the fragrance is just ok, without any special discoveries. But after a promising final you want to start this journey again!

Whit
Whit

This is another Hermes that I wanted to sample out of curiosity.

Rose is one of those notes that can be tricky on my skin and coupled with the leather, I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, I fell in love with it! The rose doesn't do anything funky on my skin and it smells like a fresh bouquet of roses at first application. Then as it's drying, the leather makes it's entrance. On my skin, it's more of a suede leather aroma that doesn't change the smell of the roses, thank goodness. I've added this one to my want list already because I'm glad I found another rose that goes so well with my chemistry. A very romantic frag with hints of toughness with the leather note that has good longevity with moderate sillage.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

A light well blended and balanced Jean-Claude Ellena scent. The opening is citrus and bright florals, drying down to more leather, a bit of animalic horsey note, and mostly iris and tuberose. This is very pretty to my nose.

The leather smells like nice suede or an expensive purse, rather buttery and just enough animalic to suggest horse livery, bits, bridles and boots. I needed a lighter leather scent to wear when Cuir de Russie was too much and I have found it.

Nota Bene: After trying the EDP, I find the EDP of Kelly Caleche to be superior because it is all rose, iris and tuberose with the leather, lacking the citrusy topnotes. The citrus does smell a bit synthetic when compared to the EDP so that is where I think folks are getting the synthetic scent with the EDT. The EDT is still a light and lovely scent. Just different from the EDP which has a deeper, more floral and natural scent to my nose.

antfarm
antfarm

Synthetic leather, synthetic rose, and the other ingredients combine to create something reminiscent of furniture polish, or the stuff I spray on the leather seats of my car. Caleche is great, this Kelly Caleche is a poor flanker.

Nina Ghellere
Nina Ghellere

Unbearable headache. Like poison to me.

Mangotea
Mangotea

Understated elegance. This fragrance I feel highlights and celebrates the elements of your personality thst make you feel unique.i just feel confident in my uniqueness when I wear this. Kind of quietly powerful, like I could hop in a horse and just start gracefully but powerfully galloping away to my mean boss' amazed sight..although in reality I am just siting in front of a computer in my office doing some mundane thing. This is not a girly fragrance but I find it is seductive in the way that only a very femine woman can seduce, effortlessly, with her presence. Kind of like a lady in the street and a predator in bed type. But this is also a strange smell. If it works with your body chemistry consider yourself lucky. This fragrance has a personality of her own without being overpowering kind of like a quiet scream. You either love it or hate it. It is subtle but unlike other discreet smells it is not forgetable.

sanzioonofre
sanzioonofre

Gosta de rosas? Gosta de artigos novos de couro? Então este é seu perfume. O acorde inicial é basicamente um buquê de rosas frescas e mimosa e a base de notas de couro (seco, defumado, alcaçuz, animal). Facilmente compartilhado, em minha opinião, devido ao ar andrógino do acorde de couro tão comum em perfumes masculinos (Aramis, Van Cleef and Arpels pour homme, Polo, etc.). Uma ótima opção para quem gosta de clássicos como Cabochard de Grès e Bandit de Roger Piguet e quer variar um pouco com uma fragrância mais refrescante, casual, moderna e jovial.

Jose Marcos

I am a man and one of these days I will flip and buy this for me. It doesn't smell of women at all, it smells adventure, on a horse back, of course. I always come very close to buy it whenever I am at a duty free shop at the airport, but conventionalysm stops me though. But one of these days ...

Beatrixel
Beatrixel

this makes me want to ride a horse on the snowy tundra as close as possible to the north, dressed in the most luxurious fur coat... oh.. and add the gloves, they have to be the finest leather! interesting!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I find this very intriguing and elegant. Not enough though to buy it, but i don't dislike it. I like the initial grapefruit and green notes, but i just can't get my nose to get used to the leather scent, almost overpowering on my skin.

pbluberry
pbluberry

It has a weird smell at first spray, I'm not sure if that is the leather. I'm new to the leather scent so I am unsure. Once dried, I smell rose, citrus and iris which I do like. This is the first rose and citrus scent I do not detest. Rose and citrus usually has a very sharpe smell to me that I do not like. This I quite like, the grapefruit is so juicy, fresh and delicious and does not compete with the rose.

Update:
My friend said this smells like rich lady, which I find funny.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Pleasant enough, I guess? But anything special that was in it, my skin seems to have eaten, leaving a rather generic rose-and-something scent that seems flat on me. The EDP does much better on me.

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

Wearing Kelly Caleche is like this: It is a fresh women's Grapefruit/ floral fragrance which you almost can't smell and enjoy because the leather seats in your new car are offgassing tanning chemicals so strongly that's all you can really smell. Leather. Leather. Leather. and grapefruit peels.
I do not understand the allure of wearing toxic tanning chemicals?

Forbiddenjade
Forbiddenjade

Kelly, sophisticated yet natural grace and beauty.
That's all about this unique, enchanting, enveloping scent: an embrace from elegance, a timeless promise of uniqueness, the divine kiss of a goddess.

I have never found such mysterious, gentle and powerful charm in any other scent I wore. I was a goner the very first moment I detected its leathery, crispy distinctive floral character.

Works best on alkaline PH.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

'Those horses are so spoilt I swear they sleep on straw strewn with rose petals.'.

An equine huff of a laugh, he rears his head back, raises a riding crop from his side to tap a glowing forehead. He breaks a smile and with a click of the heals of long riding boots he turns, showing off his golden mane as he does and is gone.

But it is he who smells of roses and leather and the early summer. It is he who smells exactly as you do.

He came, a messenger from 'the Gods': the judges. Those venerated men and women in whose hands your equestrian fate now resides.

How much simpler for the show-jumping powerhouses, projecting into the air with flair and barely controlled strength. Their task is merely to dazzle, to defy sense with their penetration and precision. They can be judged objectively: all they need to do is make no errors and achieve the required time.

And the masculine three day eventers? As long as they stay the course and come up reeking of earth and animal and grass, well, who cares?

Yours is the more difficult task. To harness horse sans Equipage into a wholly pleasing whole. Combine film star glamour and princessly Grace into three minutes of animal ballet.

The final preparation for your dressage moments in the ring. You and the beast exchange whispers, with a flick his tail throws a shower of fine white powder in the air, you adjust the saddle: the finest French leather, cured and scented so not even an allusion to the abattoir might upset the ride.

You mount and breathe deeply, the breeze brings the hint of wild yellow irises from the meadows lying fallow beyond the stately home.

The same wind brings your name made tinny by tannoys. You bridle for a moment. Your desire to perform, the urge bring pleasure makes an anxious knot of your insides. Walk on.

The arena, the illustrated sports photographers' flashing bulbs, the hubbub, the crowd, the swell and the excitement.

First silence. The smell of his roses, your rose, the bridle and the horse.

Then music.

The dance begins.

Kelly Caleche is a perfume that exists above all to bring a message of pleasure. Bright, gorgeously groomed citrus, yields instantly to early summer roses and the unmistakable hue of the most luxurious leather. This leather, is the distinct Hermes note, high and clear and carrying a fragility that is to my nose slightly haunting, or perhaps more precisely yearning.

It is this quality and the sparseness - as one critic put it - of this relatively simple composition that raises this perfume above the thorny crowd.

One for time when life is about giving and receiving or desiring pleasure.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I sampled two scents today. Kelly caleche and 24F.
Kelly, Kelly, where is the edginess?? I adore the leather note, it should smell like new designer shoes, one of my favourite scents ever, but this frag has something too fresh in it for me. I get car seats (albeit expensive) and lime freshener. Buhuu. Why did my skin do that?

My search for proper leather notes continue...

chicrose
chicrose

many women say this one is great, then i tried, nothing special but sometimes i miss the scent, i agree to mention this one is classic and legendary.

larissafenerli
larissafenerli

Its not a perfume for a specific age group. Ive been wearing Kelly Caleche since im 16 and now im 20. Forever EDT

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

To me this is the most delicately scented leather(imagine the best goat milk soaps, they have similar creaminess), the most gorgeous iris, beautiful subtle rose and more. Subtleness is the approach here. It's my universal fragrance, I do not hesitate to take it everywhere with me.
It's something forever classy. I would never be embarrassed of it. It' just right with the longevity, projection. It's inoffensive the way Chopin's Nocturnes are.
It elevates my spirits always.
It may smell too animalic, leathery for some. Perhaps, Chanel #19 would be then a good alternative.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Well, as I've mentioned before, leather and I don't seem to get along. Fendi and Cabochard just smell like stale cigarettes to me but I thought maybe Hermes could do it better.
The verdict is still out...when I put the current version of KC on my skin, I was greeted by a definate harsh mustiness. It reminded me not so much of body odor but more like a sponge that's been sitting on the sink too long. What the heck??
Thankfully, after about 5 minutes I do pick up citrussy flowers and this stage is much nicer but still has a little musty tone...the leather maybe?

I don't know....Overall, I'd say it's a lighter less pretty version of In Love Again's citrus and rose but with a gritty backdrop.

Could definately be better.

mandasue5
mandasue5

I got this thinking that the leather would be stronger - as the reviews here seem to imply. At least on me, the leather was very very subtle. Mostly I got the floral scents which were a bit too sickly sweet for me.

s_athena
s_athena

I used to love this baby. It was the perfect fragrance to stand out in college when the girls at the frat parties all smelled like Lolita Lempicka, Britney Spears Fantasy or Angel. Where those were all powdery fruit, caramel and white chocolate, this was a leather corset on a bed of roses - a lady in the street and a freak in the bed. This was a scent that could hang with the boys, possibly drink them under the table - and maybe take one of them home to have her way with him. Very femme but down-to-business. Definitely a scent for a bold, sophisticated woman with a corner office - and a whip in the closet. This is definitely a modern woman.

Alas, over the years those green top notes (likely the lily-of-the-valley) really started creating a pungent body odor smell on my skin, only made worse by the new-leather smell it opens with, so I gave this one up for a number of years. I tried a tester on my left arm recently for old-time's sake, but alas, the top notes were still pungent. I tested another on the other arm, found it more pleasant and bought that one instead (Marc Jacobs Daisy), but over the course of the afternoon while the inoffensive and girlish Daisy kept on with its breathy soprano, Kelly was settling in, the leather was wearing in like a vintage pair of boots, and I found myself sniffing my left arm more than my right. Kelly Caleche, that old sexy bitch, was drowning out Daisy with that leathery contralto, with curtain-call bouquets at her feet, and it was awesomeness! Both are floral and beautiful in their own way, but Daisy's the innocent girl I will grow out of and pass down to my daughter one day. Kelly Caleche is the chairwoman of the board, and doesn't give a shit what you have to say about it. She's the woman I want to mature into.

The takeaway is this - don't give up on Kelly if she comes on too shrill and pungent at first. Try on that leather corset, and let her sink in. You will be rewarded.

feleeni
feleeni

I have quite a tumulous love affair with Kelly Caleche. I sprayed it on my wrist about two years ago and was enamoured. It was so soft and full of personality, old time charm, gentleness, grace (perhaps because of THE Grace it is named after?) with that needed modern twist.

Yesterday, something quite strange happened. I went to Hermes to finally purchase a bottle, but was smart enough to sample it again. On my skin, it now smells of sweet tobacco and leather, but in a very nostalgic, suffocating mix. I don't know what happened. Right after it, I tried Eau de Merveilles and fell in love. Needless to say, I left without a single purchase because I was so confused.

A soft and skinclose warm scent. I can smell leather, rose, grapefruit and iris. No sugarsweet or sweet flowernotes in this one. Perfect for office.

En mjuk och hudnära varm doft. Jag känner läder, ros, grape och iris mest. Inga sockersöta eller blomsöta doftnoter i denna. Perfekt för kontoret.

renperd
renperd

I first smell grapefruit with a bit of leather and then I get a whiff of beeswax followed by a fairly prominent honey note. The beeswax, honey and leather last very well and I find the whole thing extremely wearable for un homme. I'm thinking of getting the 100ml bottle but not at full price.

venclips
venclips

I like this one more than the EDP. The EDP is too heavy and leathery smells like old woman. The EDT is soft and floral more suitable for me. Unfortunately, the EDT faded away just in 1-2 hours on my skin, weak lasting power. The EDP have more great lasting power. Although i like the EDT, i won't buy it. It's just for a trial. Sorry.

Nataliemarie
Nataliemarie

I would think this is a more *womanly* fragrance than young girl.

dawnzartandlife
dawnzartandlife

I think this is lovely, I love the floral with the hit of leather. I smelled it on a friend, went out bought it and now I just hate it on me with my body chemistry. I swapped it out with a friend.

Wilka
Wilka

If Kelly Calèche "is aimed at girls 20-25 years of age"... Well, I'll be 58 in less than 2 months and I wore it last Tuesday for the first time. It's winter, here, in Uruguay and I had a great experience with this fragrance. It made me feel that I am definitely a woman, that I can be a lady, during daytime, in the middle of the city. It's great! I've loved it! But it has to be Autumn or Winter, you have to wear leather with it and to vibrate with town during daytime while wearing it.

Cocinelle
Cocinelle

Could Hermes Kelly, named after the very expensive and celebrated Kelly bag, not smell of leather?
I find this EDT to have a lot of personality.
For my experience with Kelly all the other notes are just a compliment to the leather. Rose is also outstanding as well as the citrus but the dry down gives more and more intoxicating leather, while the fresh, mild floral notes a clean finish.
It's elegant and creative but even though it remains a pleasant olfactory experience, I admit it is quiet loud.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

The eau de toilette is lighter in color, has more of a leathery accord, and has a more citrusy range than the eau de parfum. Light, long-lasting, and great for summer. I would consider only the eau de toilette to be almost unisex, and a high quality unisex fragrance at that. The mimosa stands out in an unobtrusive way later in the day, thus rendering this slightly more feminine. It dries to smell like high quality leather with a high class, fresh, moderately plush personality.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

i find the EDT very different from the EDP (been using the EDP for 3 years)
Lighter leather, lighter rose, more citrus so its ligher but Still this one screams louder somehow,wich is a little bit annoying if you wear it to often....

Love both of them,but EDP is richer,deeper,sweeter and much more floral.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Citrus and roses at the beginning. Soft leather and iris show up right after.
I find drydown a bit too watery which translates into cheapo cheaps.
First 5 minutes are the best, then it goes downhill from there, stinker in the room:/

Aspendina
Aspendina

The beginning is my fav. Its a quick ride with this as it changes so fast. First its a lovely very perfect rose thenabout 10 seconds after is a powdery rose (my fav part) then very quickly after I get a blast of leather, then a johnson's baby powered rose, then sttles into a powdery leathery rose. All this hapens within 5 minutes. Not sure of lasting power yet as I just sprayed it. I do like this, probably best as a fall scent. :-)

Most of all I feel in this fragrance not the rose or the leather note, but the grapefruit note. And because of this note this fragrance really reminds Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes, too. I prefer Un Jardin Sur Le Nil to it, because it's much more interesting.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I'd actually rate Kelly Caleche a 2-1/2 star fragrance. I used to own this fragrance & have tried it many times. While I won't become a Kelly Caleche fan, this has to have the most REALISTIC LEATHER note that I've EVER SMELLED! It's not a warm, buttery, suede Italian leather. It's a cool, smooth, slick & even bordering on cold leather. Much like a very expensive & elite case or purse. Basically, it's a Herme's leather bag in a bottle!

On my skin the mimosa & rose never develop. It's pure leather on my skin.

Kelly Caleche could easily be marketed as a Unisex fragrance. A man could easily wear this.

The lasting power is good, but not near as good as say, 24 Faubourg, Rouge or Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I ended up giving my bottle to a friend as Kelly Caleche is definitely not me, but I'm sure some ladies or men will absolutely love it.

Tomira
Tomira

Light, delicate and modern. Light, yet sophisticated and refreshing. I've never passed unnoticed while wearing this one.

pulung.uci
pulung.uci

If i have to make an association out of Kelly Caleche, then it would be 'Confident'.

This perfume gives off superiority as well as sophistication from the scent of expensive leather and fresh flower. Whenever I'm due to an important meeting or presentation, I always feel compelled to wear this perfume.

On the other hand, Kelly Caleche is probably not for everybody. It comes off strong and tad agressive. It took me three times of trying before I got to know what Kelly Caleche is about. One should be very careful to wear it. It's not just a fragrance, it's a statement.

Great silage and longevity, which can be both good and bad, depending on the person who wears it.

Also, this might seem odd but I also smell sunshine in this perfume. J'adore <3

gracious
gracious

I love the perfumes of Hermes. Usually they are unusual, like this.
It has long duration

instantjim
instantjim

I bought this for my wife from a clearance table (along with Eau Dynamisante by Clarins) at a greatly reduced price. I wasn't sure if she would like it, but I need not have worried: she loves it. I had seen this at a reduced price in the same store since last year and pounced when it got down to $20 (for 1.7 oz). Over the months of stalking this I smelled it repeatedly. Sometimes it smelled grassy, sometimes flowery, it has an elusive quality that is quite intriguing. It's not an 'in your face' floral, rather it is subdued and elegant. My wife (as another reviewer noted), said it smells 'buttery' and it is in her top ten favourites (yay -win).

Spicy
Spicy

leather...but not in black - very feminine leather!

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

This is such a strange and unusual edt. I got it as a presents from a friend, who just came back from France, who thought this would be my style. Well, it kind of is and isn't. I has such a wonderful smell in the beginning. It reminds me a tiny bit of Chancel "Chance", for just a second. But then it turns into a whole new scent. I smell the citrus and roses, so much. The iris is there, but for me, it's more than a whisper, than anything else. The leather note is there, all the way from the beginning to the end. For me, there is kind of a hay note in it somewhere as well.
It really has it's twists and turns. Some moments, I adore it and some others, I don't like it that much. I don't know what I have expected from this. I do like some other Hermés scents, but never had the desire to own any of them. Except for Hiris. But I have heard, that it has been re-formulated. So I don't know, if I should own a bottle of that?
Kelly Caléche, has a wonderful bottle and I do love the cap on it. It's clever that it has this close/open thing. Great to have it with u on holidays.
I think I might wear it some more. To give a fully review of it. But I doubt, I will ever buy it again. Then again...who knows, if I will start to love it, over time?

kalios55
kalios55

Kelly Caleche Eau De Parfum

In the bottle, Kelly smelled so much like Jardin Sur Le Nil that I had to check at the sample vial twice to see if there was a mistake with the packaging. I could not help but to test Sur Le Nil and Kelly Caleche at once side by side.

Sur Le Nil had a bright starchy green note while Kelly Caleche had a lil sweaty note at the very beginning. Although a couple of minutes later, they both became similar fruity floral scents that my nose had a hard time telling them apart.

Their differences started to pronounce during the drydown. There were more depth and sensuality to Kelly Caleche as I began to sensed more leathery and salty notes.

While Surl Le Nil remained crisp and transparent, Kelly Caleche continued to develop to a much deeper multifacet aroma. Kelly Caleche became a sweet & tender skin-like scent. I could definitely smell a butter-soft leather glove under the juicy fruity floral accords. Both scents projected moderately well, however, Kelly Caleche lasted a lot longer.

My conclusion? On the skin, they both are very different. Kelly Caleche is more cultured and refined .. Like a mother and a teenage daughter they are. Kelly Caleche is Jardin Sur Le Nil in a sweaty leather jacket!!!

aschiffm
aschiffm

Classified as floral?? This perfume smelled like a leather handbag to me. I guess there's a bit of grapefruit and slightttt rose underneath but it's pretty much liquid leather. Would be nice mixed with another perfume I think but it is kind of bland on its own

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

special fresh spring perfume, "dessert" perfume

TillyWave
TillyWave

Who would have thought that leather goes so well with everything? The leather in Kelly Caleche is of the subaudible variety, it lasts from the top to the bottom, and complements every note of this perfume.

The top is a citrus, a cross between a sweet pink grapefruit, and a astringent white grapfruit. There is also this wonderful, fresh green note--a broken flower stem, a new spring leaf, something transient but noticeable in the top notes.

The heart has the rose/citrus--this is what Kelly smells like for the most part. If you like rose, this is mostly a rosey frag. The rosey heart eventualy fades into a more rooty iris floral.

As I said, the leather is here is all stages, underlying everything.

This is such a feminine, beautiful perfume. I really love it. Oddly enough, I like to wear it when I'm going to be outdoors for a period of time, or if I'm wearing something pretty.

The only problem I have is I haven't masterd how much to wear. If I put on too much, it becomes rather cloying--the longevity is insane, it lasts all day plus. However if I only wear one or two sprays, I can't smell it after a few hours. Oh well, I will figure it out.

Kelly is very well done & wonderful!!

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

Kelly Caleche opens with a very accurat blast of pink grapefruit, which I adore. Too bad this lovely fresh and dinamic start doesn`t last much longer. But soon I`m rewarded with a beautiful leather note combined with a pale rose. In time I get the impresion that I smell something that reminds me a bit of the Jardins series but much more feminine. This edt lasts long on skin, its so versatile and elegant and could be worn all year round, you`ll always make a good impression with this. It has something eternal chic, that will permanently be on top of the top.

beatrix75

how much i juse so much i accept the uniquenes and the strange smell off him but i know now its become much beauthiful much flowery much elegant just give time to your body get the conection wit and then you feel that ist a tru parfume its not a shyntetic something smell like what exist in market!love really elegant soft feminine fragrance .

Sissi
Sissi

Irises are well known for their Cold sharpness of scent and Poised Elegance of Flora, But what i'm about to discover that Irises like Roses can have a
Varity of Textures and Volume ;Ie Dior's Midnight Poison to Pale Rose of Chloe eau de Parfume,
The Fragrances of Hiris, Kelly Caleche & The thrid
Prada's Infusion d,Iris Is sort of a Trilogy All three are not alike but what they all have in common
Irises and the personality of each Perfume,

Kelly Caleche is the Middle Child of the Iris Family
Not as Autocratic Like The cold and steely Hiris
But a bit more dolled up then the Casual and Earthier
Artisan Sister of Prada's D'iris, If Hiris is the ice
Princess of the Irises And Infusion is the
Earthier Side Kelly is the Fire that tries to break
the Inner surface of the icy Muse A Woman who years for Adventure and yet Keeping her Refindness Kelly Calche Balances Out,

The Opening starts off with the vigor of Lemon then The centerpiece of this scent is the Iris Note brings an air of Old World Elegance of Musty Leather bound Books aged by time Green Tea Steeping to the senses Conjours images of Haughty Dowergers sipping Tea on 18th century Antiques, Rose adds a Lady-likeGentilness Suble and yet Definded it stands on it's own with the Dominate notes Kelly Ends with
finest of Leather Not Synthitic Just pure Leather
Finishes This Beauty.

beatrix75

yes now koming my review!!its strong elegant flower bomb and fruit (grapfruit rose and narciuss)then kome out the lilly violett and leather!!they stay all day long !!long lasting skini fragrance same time soft and thanks its not a sweet fume its just this what i like!!even litlebit soure!i like a lot ok not much then lancome so magic or hypnose senses,but .....

beatrix75

I ordered today, I am very curious what the reaction will be in connection with this fragrance, the fragrance ingredients sound very Loveables but the are here a lot of negative reviews so becose off this i cant`exprime my opinion about!vi will see tomorow.

leaudecoco
leaudecoco

It reminds me of leather, citrus and rose...
It's a super elegant and powerful fragrance and not everyone is wearing it out.
Every time I'm putting on my leather jacket then I feel Kelly Caleche is a must-must :)
It's just unique!

garamascara
garamascara

Vegetal is close but not quite an accurate description because this does not smell like vegetables nor do I think it’s fruity. This smells like stems and weeds and lily pads. I am from Florida and this perfume reminds me of the smell of my dad when he would jump in the boat basin with a machete and chop up all the plants that were clogging up the waterway. All those plants he pulled out, that is what this smells like if he shoved those plants into a Hermes handbag.

I like it. I am wearing it on a cold winter day with a yellow sweater (not as awful as it sounds) because I am longing for summer. It last all day on me and has a powerful strength, of course I did probably over spray this morning. One bit of warning; I think this perfume attracts bugs. I am being stalked by gnats.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

The best part about this perfume is the dry down, but before that happens you have to tolerate too much lemony smell. And it's not just lemons, it's really sour lemons that are going bad. I'll skip :)

vasiliki
vasiliki

ενα υπεροχο αρωμα λιγο εκεντρικο αλλα τελειο!

pablOSO
pablOSO

SADDLE SOAP

why would anyone in the world would like to smell like that is beyond me...

second time i tried it .. a big no for me..

is not femenine nor masculine..

is vegetal...

thumbs way way down

metalorchid
metalorchid

I got a decanted sample of this one, and Un Jardin Sur La Nil. In Kelly Caleche I start out smelling the citrus, possibly grapefruit, which then changes to a warm floral mix, with some of the leather accord and benzoin peeking through. It's not at all what I expected. It’s actually quite unisex, which I like, but it is a bit strong. After 4-5 hours of wear, it is still lingering, but in a more subtle way. I think it’s what I would describe as a “mature” perfume, but not dowdy. It doesn’t have the overly floral or powdery notes, nor the stinging sharpness. It’s not like Chanel No. 5, or Dior’s Poison, both of which I dislike. I can basically see it as a great scent for someone urbane but edgy, maybe in their 40s or older. It creates an image of a woman in perfectly pressed black and grey clothes, camel coat, with a nude manicure, red lip, and impossibly high heels, but she’s drinking tea alone at The Palace and reading House of Leaves, or something by Paul Auster and she’s not in a hurry.

I just smelled grapefruit, grapefruit, grapefruit! It was like candied grapefruit and reminded me of Babydoll YSL. I didn't enjoy it at all.

id
id

Wonderful composition of elegant cold leather note combined with powdery rose and iris with a hint of citruses what makes a smell a bit bitter (in a way I enjoy it so much) but not synthetic on my skin. Original, classy and fresh the same time. (Longevity 7 hours)
A masterpiece, thank you J.C. Ellena.

darlingalchemist
darlingalchemist

If I were 10 years younger, I would LOVE this perfume. In fact, I DO LOVE IT. I have tried it each time I have gone to the Hermes counter. It is on the order of Coco Madamoiselle, a scent I wore in my twenties. This is for the young woman with tastes. So I do love this scent. I just don't love it for the age that I am now and the stage I am in life.

sirenacheng
sirenacheng

oh how i love Kelly Caleche! it opens with refreshing grapefruit and delightful narcissus. lily of the valley is unnoticeable but sometimes i do feel it's there. soon the leather note joins in, potent and soft at the same time, which i think is veiled by the grapefruit and narcissus. the rose here is light, just adding some feminine vibe. i don't detect any tuberose at all but i smell something sugary sweet that probably comes from mimosa. the dry down is a bit powdery. i get iris and gentle musk.

Kelly Caleche smells expensive. it's happy, sparkling, modern and elegant. i think it suits a chic young lady very much. sillage is OK and it lasts about 8 hours on me.

smellynich
smellynich

wow this is different in a good way..the leather makes this unique and the florals makes the leather smooth and the citrus neutralizes the leather note and the floral notes..it is a fresh scent..its a bit powdery/lavander smell maybe thats the tuberose and it is oddly calming

missymary
missymary

This perfume is the perfect answer if you like Apres L'Ondee and you want a bit more longevity. It's got that mysteriously Guerlainish light iris piquancy that is just delightfully delicate and tantalising. It's definitely ladylike, cool, and subdued, perfect for a day at the races wearing an Aubrey Hepburn Ascot dress and lace gloves. It's only for lovers of gentle refined nice-girl fragrances. Ignore the silly pinky colour, it should be a pale lavender. The bottle has a well designed pop-up spray device that adds a certain chic elegance that is very appropriate.

Cams
Cams

Elegant, refined and feminine. A bit underrated which is entirely undeserved. This one is wonderful, the waft of a beautiful fragrance will follow you all day!

maviscarmen
maviscarmen

Another gorgeous-on-paper but terrible-on-skin fragrance!

What can I say...

Tested this on paper, toss the paper in my bag and totally forgot about it. But the second day, when I took out my diary from the bag and open the diary, I surrendered to the scent, so lovely and soft, elegant and soothing.

I ran to the shop to try it on my wrist. Unfortunately, headache...too much leather...so strong that I felt like I can't breath...

I do love this scent. But I hate the fact that I can't wear it!

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

In grade school, I was picked up and dropped off at my house everyday by an old school bus. The seats were covered with holed, tear-ridden gray pleather hideously stamped to resemble elephant skin. If you were prone to motion sickness, the plasticky smell that came off the old seats combined with the chemical citrus of the window cleaning solution could make you nauseous for the entire trip.

Kelly Caleche, unfortunately, reminds me of those bus trips.

I had hoped for a buttery-smooth natural leather that would meld seamlessly into the floral notes listed, not the synthetic rubbery imitation I got instead. For a similar, better executed, and much more wallet-friendly option, give Jolie Madame a go.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Very good leather scent, more ladylike than others. Not a dry masculine leather, but a slightly fruity floral one. Much better than I'd hoped.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This started off as a light powdery rose and after 5 minutes became very plasticky on my skin! If I could just get the initial scent without the dry down, this would be perfect.

SheShe
SheShe

I absolutely hate this one. It makes me sick, it makes me want to throw up - that's the leather work here, it's too obvious, too sharp, too annoying. The perfume's meant to be sophisticated and it is but I don't like and can't stand leather in perfumes and this one is a killer.
The leather combined with flowers makes me sick really. As if I smelled a pair of shoes bathed in flowes. Bleh.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Kelly Caleche is sporty, classic and almost unisex. Not fantastic or new, the top notes remind me of CK Truth.
As all top brand perfumes it has a colone vibe that I dont appreciate mutch.
It is definatly pink, juicy and talky.
It reminds me of the tradicional English colognes from Yardley: Rose and Iris.
The tuberose gives a certain oriental vibe to it which is interesting.
Try before buy.

Winter125
Winter125

Kelly Caleche perfume in my opinion, this is the best representative of Hermes among their perfumes aside of its leather content that represent their bags, but the feeling it adheres when I am wearing this, The feeling of a million, the feeling of importance and pampered. At first you might smell the smoky leather at the opening spray, but then it releases the beautiful elegant flowery fragrance that immediately separated on the leathery scent and fills the air. I even found myself looking for that smell realizing it was the perfume I am wearing. And I think that makes this fantastic perfume different from the others. Though the only fragrance that leaves my skin is that powdery leathery scent, I still love using this especially while carrying my favorite Hermes Birkin! The beautiful trail of scent it leaves while I pass that makes others have a second look, just like wearing 2 perfumes at the same time. Very interesting!

Peridot75
Peridot75

I have been wearing Kelly Caleche off and on for the last couple of weeks(I like to give the fragrance and myself an honest chance)and I'm glad I did...I have grown to love this scent more and more each time I wear it! My very first impressions were heavy leathery... citrusy notes...too leathery for my taste...but how wrong I was! Kelly Caleche is a very fresh, sophisticated feminine scent. If she were an image I would see her wearing a long flowing gauzy baby pink dress...blowing in the wind...with white long sleeved...soft kit leather gloves, holding her bouquet of iris and roses. She is very much an individual with her own sense of style...the leather is always there to remind you of that!!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I was confused to pick between Sur le Nil and Kelly Caleche, even though I know this perfume is for women, but Kelly Caleche blends nicer on me rather than Sur le Nil. Those Un Jardin series, somehow make butterfly in my stomach. It is pity, since I love the smell of Sur le Nil :( ...at the end I am not regret at all by picking this beautiful fragrance, smells so good, like delicate leather. This perfume smells distinguished, very classy!

MiamiSupermodel
MiamiSupermodel

I love how different this frag is from all the others out there. I wish it smelled good on me, but I've been told twice before while wearing this that I smelled like bug spray :( heartbreaking...just not meant to be with my body chemistry

George K.
George K.

Kelly Caleche
By Jean Claude Ellena in 2007.
Kelly bag and the caleche 2 house emblems.A perfume burshed by leather's blossom,with a soft and supple touch...mimosa,iris,tuberose and climbing rose.

Stellalucente
Stellalucente

An oddball.. Wish I could wear it, but I can't, it gives me such a headache.. Is it the roses? Is it the leather note ?
I first smelled it on a co-worker and I had to try it out since it was so lovely on her, stubborn as I was, I had to spray it on my skin..

Kelly Calèche is a very sophisticated fragrance, but sadly not on me..
My skin tends to take the sweetness out of perfume and in this case, I ended up smelling like an old leather bag with some dried flowers inside..

I knew that this perfume was not a keeper for me when I went to visit my mother. When I was about to leave she stopped me by the door and said: 'Next time, wear another perfume please, you smell like leather boots'

Love the perfume on others but would never want to have it on my skin again!

Kelly Caleche is quite strange. To my nose, it's a harsh leather scent with pink floral undertones.

I find it quite consistent in being a blend of both softness and sharpness. I applaud Jean-Claude Ellena for being so daring in his approach, however this blend leaves me a little dumbfounded.

I find myself being rather drawn to it, yet its occasional hints of masculine soapiness turns me off it slightly. Especially towards the drydown however, the soapiness vanishes and is replaced with a delicate and feminine powderiness.

Hermes creations often have a very distinguishable vegetal quality in their fragrances. I initially thought that this quality was absent in Kelly Caleche, yet I must admit I was wrong and that the vegetal smell comes across rather strongly with the leather in the opening. I can't say I'm a fan of this smell.

While the leather in Kelly Caleche is mild when compared to the likes of Gres Cabochard and Robert Piguet's Bandit, it is certainly present and quite loud alongside the florals. The longevity is wonderful I must say, and this is for the EDT version.

Overall, I recommend Kelly Caleche based on its uniqueness, however for those that like leather scents to be highlighted by woods rather than flowers, I'd probably skip this.

melia
melia

Very interesting!! Opens with lots of leather, dries down with citrus and iris. Very french and indeed I agree with purzz11: it smells a bit like a boutique. Don't know if it would be a shoe-boutique, but it really has this mysterious fairy-tale fibe... Like it is from a long long time ago. Even though it also smells quite fresh too. I can't really put my finger on it, it makes me think of so many different things! (boutiques, fairy-tales, fashion, even the dark-ages) I don't think I could wear it as a fragrance, but I'm still quite intrigued!

panda0410
panda0410

Golly Molly do I love this!! I almost question the category actually and wonder why it wasnt classed with other leather frags since the leather in this is reasonably prominent and I certainly dont get the same feel from this as I do all my other foral woody musks... I can see the semblance, but for me it just doesnt fit.

The opening is a standout... beautiful soft refined leather, a touch of elegance about this fragrance that just screams class. The florals in this a really well blended.. rose, tuberose, LOTV and narcissus, they all work together and are really beautifully balanced, I dont find any of the floral notes competing directly for attention. The drydown is a gentle bed of florals with a quality leather note that is just beautiful.

My only gripe would be sillage and longevity, but I'd like to make a note here that a lot of my scents are heavy for a reason - my skin burns through perfumes like bushfires eat forests!! The same may not apply to others so I'd recommend testing before you buy. Nonetheless this is a truly beautiful fragrance that I cant ever see myself without.

purrz11
purrz11

To me, the opening smells like a little shoe boutique with a bouquet of daffodils sitting on the counter. The leather really shines and daffodils add sparkle. It is so beautiful! A few minutes later it turns into a rich floral. In the end, I smell a fine leather handbag with a sachet tucked inside. It is a gorgeous scent, rich and warm. I did get a headache after about an hour though. I guess it's a little beyond my level of tolerance. For those who can handle it, enjoy. I'm jealous of you! Sillage: ok Longevity: great

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Big blast of honeydew melon is what I get at first although I can't see melon in the ingredients. Also there must be something wrong with my nose as I can rarely detect the base notes in any perfume unless it is a fairly uncomplicated concoction, and this smells quite complex. This is the only Hermes which has disappointed me. I am quite sure however that this is perfect for someone, but for me and on me it is very ordinary.

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

the opening was somehow sharp and strange on me, but some weird sharp florals aside, it transitioned to a cold, clean leather with a touch of florals and something crisp and herbal... it felt minty to me.

i wasn't expecting it to bloom as well as it did - honestly the opening was really not so great and i was prepared to write it off.

but once it starts drying down and the leather notes start to come out it's exquisite :) it's so, so crisp and cool - not in a way that i find unfriendly, however. it is really distinctive to me. it is polite, in a way that hints that it could be so much more... like a woman with all of her defenses up, who keeps you at a distance - she is still personable, and behind her defenses she may likely be so dynamic and feel things so strongly - but while she is polite and kind, she will not warm up to you enough to ever show you more. but surely she has a great smile. :)

on me i felt the sillage was fairly mild but the longevity was good.

it is not the single prettiest thing i have ever smelled, but it's currently at the very top of my want list.

UPDATE: i have been wearing this quite a bit lately.
mimosa, leather. i do get a bit of a dry honey. and something dry and grassy, like hay. but all fairly sheer, not heavy. the leather is actually fairly prominent on me still, in a dry-honey-hay-like way, along with the mimosa. and maybe a bit of sheer rose, but otherwise it's not overwhelmingly floral on me.

classy and somewhat unusual. i pretty much adore it... not for everyone perhaps but absolutely perfect for me. i love it.

rosabell
rosabell

I remember I tried it and thought immediately that it is elegant, exquisite and asexuate. Not for me but could be nice on someone else.

Casi
Casi

My girlfriend is a self-described "butch" woman. Her natural, fresh from the shower scent leans towards masculine. She uses body washes, deodorants and perfumes that are marketed to men and they mingle perfectly with her chemistry. I tried Kelly Caleche on myself and while I liked it, it failed to impress. On my skin, it never quite bloomed into anything more than a citrusy-floral. I could just barely detect some beautiful leather note. So, I tested it on my lovely GF. Amazing! On her skin, Kelly Caleche was everything that I had hoped for! The opening is fresh and bright. As it warms to her skin, a beautiful TRUE rose note is present. Within 5-10 minutes, this perfume has officially bloomed on her. I literally buried my nose on the inside of her elbow and just inhaled with delight! The leather note is intoxicating like stepping into one of those leather shops. As it settles, this EDP becomes a rich, smooth, musky skin scent. I am very impressed with this Hermes creation. On my skin, I could sense that Kelly Caleche is of the best quality but it wasn't made for me. On my GF, this is satisfying, beautiful, interesting and sexy. Based on my experience, Kelly Caleche would make a perfect signature on the right person- female or male.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I really, really, really wanted to love this scent. I even bought an ounce blind because of the wonderful reviews. I even made it through the opening notes, which are wonderful. Then came the drydown, which on me was an odd mixture of Playdoh, Covergirl makeup, and Calamine lotion. Perhaps this was the merging of the benzoin and marigold? Regardless, it's just terrible. I've been trying to make a departure from my (mostly) signature vanilla and floral orientals and go a new direction. This fragrance has been described as "rich" and "sophisticated." Much different than my sexy and sultry usuals. But honey, if this is what rich and sophisticated is, I don't want it!

merilu59
merilu59

oggi ho annusato un campione lo trovo superbo

Feeling like there is so much more to it but I don't know what to say. All I really smell is the floral note of daffodil and something sweet like honey nectar. It gets slightly powdery and feels very natural like many from this house such as Un Jardin series. Ugh! It's bugging me that I can't say more about this beautiful fragrance. Kelly Caleche will remain mysterious to me for a long long time.

angelyna
angelyna

I adore Kelly Caleche! I don't know about the notes they say it has, on me it smells like leather and chamomille and mariglod! Very outdoorsy and wild, but still classy and elegant. A wierd combination at least on me, but in a good sense, unique, truely something else!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I am reviewing the EDT. When I wear this, I am transported back to the days of showing horses, standing in my gelding's stall putting the finishing touches on his coat with show sheen and a chamois cloth. I can smell the tack room and hay loft in the background. Very equestrian to my nose and I'm loving it!

maru8862
maru8862

Floral woody musk, do you mean that? Just like Daisy or AgentProvocateur? This is extremely vegetal - no trace of leather on my skin, no flowers, just that vile vegetal note I get in all Hermes fragrances. Hermes sounds nice - but please sample and test, never blind buy! You might be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

RkrChk
RkrChk

Usually, lily of the valley does not like my skin...It shrieks sharply and loudly, and becomes very cloying.

However, in Kelly C., the lily partners amazingly very well with the narcissus & grapefruit in act 1...As the tuberose & rose make their entrances in act 2, they reveal that the final act will result with the iris working in conjunction with the former...The final scene culminates as the gorgeous, floral ensemble takes their curtain call in leather...

scentous
scentous

opening is sharp, citrusy and reminds me of newly cut grass, but if you wait for half an hour it totaly changes into a soft smooth powdery clean flowery scent with a hint of leather on the backround..longevity is good, it is a unique and different scent which has the quality and class of Hermes..

Vixie
Vixie

I tested this scent on two occasions and am in love with it. Though the bottle has little to recommend it in beauty, and does not seem to capture the 'image' of the scent, it is like a cloud of feminine fragrance, flowers, but not overly floral, ice cream in the park, pastis on a hot day, the fire blue of a mountain lake seen from above the white colonnades of a terrace draped in ferns and olive trees, the evening concert hall with its ornate curtains and murals, the gracious hostess of an enjoyable party, calm and kind, but strong and capable. It is a long-lasting beauty, warm in embrace, never overpowering, and always fresh. Must have it!

jae

It's a year later and I'm reflecting upon my impressions of Kelly Caleche. I introduced my sister to this fragrance and she loves it with all of her heart. My infatuation with gender-bending fragrances has begun to fade away, hence providing the true test for the "femmes" in my collection. These were a few of the random thoughts that went through my mind as I took a whiff of Kelly. But then my mind went blank and all I can think about is one thing: I've fallen in love with her all over again. She holds the key to my olfactory heart, right next to Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, Rouge Hermes and Hiris. My goodness, I love Hermes.

janudy
janudy

I had such high hopes for this one--but all I got on my skin was grapefruit and leather. Sadly ,the leather wasn't tough like Bandit or chic like Jolie Madame--this is a pale, buttery yellow leather interior of a new car. With grapefruit--which makes it kind of nauseating to me.

vialon3
vialon3

Allow it to settle down and it becomes amazing!!!! Excellent choice for cooler weather. Long lasting. A lovely scent that gives a cozy feeling, especially on rainy days! Love it!!!

fpih
fpih

The leather along with the sweet flowers, turn this into a cloying, sweet, heady fragrance. No matter how many times I've tried it, it always seems overpowering on me and I'm afraid so sweet that I just have to scrub it off. The longest I've managed to keep it on is about a couple of hours during which its power never diminished. At least, the lasting power seems great, as does the sillage. Definitely not for me, but those who like sweet perfumes with a delicately sharp bite from the leather, will probably appreciate it.

Singabera
Singabera

I don't feel any BIG leather here at all. It's just very feminine fragrance, very floral and elegant. Base is similar to base of Jardin series, quite salty and woody.

vuelo
vuelo

Take a sheep, place it in a rose garden, put the sheep on top of a hay bale, and squeeze grapefruit all over it's wool, than throw an on old, ripped suede handbag on it.

This whole scene will smell exactly like Kelly Caleche.

Maki
Maki

This one is not for me...I do like the smell of leather when it concerns bags (Oh yes!) but I hate it when it concerns my skin...and when I tried out Kelly Caleche, the leather-scent appeared to be SO dominant on me that I was worried to be taken to the slaughterhouse and become a bag...(-:

falovalo
falovalo

Very classic smelling. I immediately smelled powder of some sort -the iris, maybe- and a leather handbag. Not to say that this is a bad fragrance, it's just not my type is all.

Kelly Caleche would be great for those who love classic, elegant scents. Someone with undoubted sophistication and maturity (in attitude).

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have to admit that I am somewhat underwhelmed by Kelly. It is my own fault really, I had huge expectations after wearing Jolie Madame all day yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, this is a superbly crafted, expensive smelling perfume. My problem is that I was after a leather and I found a pure floral with a twist instead.

It opens with a huge unpleasant blast of citrus, fortunately this fades very quickly & gives way to a somewhat sour interesting floral mix (probably a flow-through from the grapefruit). It then settles into a soft, rose-dominated, savoury floral with a more prominent suede flavour later in the piece.

I don't get much joy from the Mimosa, which I ordinarily can't keep my snout out of. The tuberose is quite subdued as is the Lily-of-the-Valley.

Overall, a nice fragrance but not for me.

polka
polka

A hack in the vicinity of an English castle on a sunny, autumn day. Breeches, riding boots, a suede bag, pipe tobacco, a pinch of old-fashioned powder, a few drops of strong alcohol in a flask… These are all my associations with Kelly Caleche.

It is a bit cologne at the beginning, with the immediately perceptible note of suede. Then there are some herbs I am finding hard to identify. Juniper perhaps? When the herbal chords fade, all you can smell is leather with a modest addition of sophisticated sweetness. I totally adore Kelly Caleche for this dry, leathery base. I have never tried any other fragrance that would convey the organic, comforting smell of a worn suede handbag so accurately. I also love it for the absence of floral notes; I mean I know they are on the list, but they seem to disappear on my skin.

The simple bottle with a brown stopper and its harness-like elements matches the fragrance perfectly.

I think Kelly Caleche could be classified as unisex. And I would love to smell it on a man as much as I love to smell it on myself.

_lolita_
_lolita_

I have hardly ever sniffed something as modest, tamed and wellbehaved like this perfum,
which is not necessarily a bad thing but clearly not my thing.
The topnotes blew me away and my head started buzzing (maybe the Narcissus?). After fifteen minutes the leather notes march their way through and my arm smells like I had rubbed it on a expensive couch for too long.
Not to offend anyone but to me it smells stubborn, cold tempered, cynical and a little bit neurotic.
It is obviously well done and I would not mind smelling it on other people. However I like my perfumes to be more romantic, spirited and sentimental.

Disconouvo
Disconouvo

Thank the gods for Kelly Caleche. It is far too sophisticated for so many folk that it makes it perfect. In a world where fragrance launches follow simple florals steeped in fruit and candy notes here is a glamorous sensational fragrance that I can imagine the most elegant women of the world wearing. I can't get enough of it. I want it in a concentrate. I have the mental image of a loose blouse that is about to opened when I smell it. I have bought it for me and bought it for friends. Kelly Caleche is the fragrance I reach for the most at the moment.

9154mf
9154mf

At first all i could smell from this was raw rooty iris, I like iris in the form of Prada's Infusion d'iris and this was like a more raw version of that. and it just wasn't quite right for me, Dont get me wrong the scent as a whole seems elegant and refined and it is 'soft' but the iris wasn't soft enough for my liking. An hour later I smell the leather alot more. The top notes were incredibly fleeting really, just a hint of citrus and some narcissus. Actually the narcissus lasted a bit longer and melded with the iris and I personally hate narcissus and think it smells like rotten dust mixed with cat pee. I just can't like this. However I do think this could even be worn by a man, the leather drydown which comes fast, would suit either sex.

JasmineNutmeg
JasmineNutmeg

Bleccchhh.....all I get is grass and leather, never develops into anything. So disappointing it doesn't work on me. Nordstrom ladies told me they don't sell the EDT, only EDP, because there is such a big difference.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I wanted to like this one, in my skin all I could smell was strong leather. I was a bit nauseous by the smell. I thought it would develop more but it didn't all I could smell was powder, rose, leather. I can't see myself wearing this on a regular basis. It didn't work with my skin chemistry.

selinum28
selinum28

After its opening, Kelly Caleche seems to me like one of those tricky images that show one scene or another depending on how or when you look at them. Sometimes the leather base is so noticeable that the whole feeling is just about it: wet leather. But after a minute I smell again and then I understand those that notice no leather at all, but an agreeable, even light, blend of flowers. I have spent hours suprised with this changes and it has finally disappeared with them.
It is a respectable fragrance, but I dont like it for me.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Five years ago I recognized this in Copenhagen -the scent of the collection yunnan and rose in Hermes shop. There pleased to me most this two scents. To have it both ,this was the fortune. After several years how I saw Kelly C.and sufficed one spray , I knew that it is these joint scents in one whole . I could not get the better present. The only this one scent does not torment me and I feel in him really well. I have EDT .I love it. :)

lady*leighton
lady*leighton

I'm wondering now if I'm... scent-blind? (Like color blindness affecting your vision.) I LOVED Kelly Caleche as soon as it sprayed out of the bottle. On me, the leather is quite minimal, more like a light touch of sueded.

Overall, it smells like a complex mix of luscious florals with unexpected hints of musk, spice, and rich sandalwood. It lasts forever on me and I would easily choose it as a "signature fragrance." People continually turn around to ask me what perfume I'm wearing because it is so strikingly original -- like violet (both the color and the flowers) suede high-heeled pumps hidden beneath layers of irises and the trumpeting tuberose.

The leather notes grow as it dries down on me, and it becomes that much more intriguing.

After a five-second citrus opening, KELLY CALECHE rounds out into a lasting powdery lightly floral-leather layer. I was pleasantly surprised to encounter a detectable leather note in this edt, having recently reviewed a couple of fragrances that claimed to contain a leather note but which was too faint for my nose. On the other hand, KELLY CALECHE does not come even close to CABOCHARD, the leather note of which is rather drastic.

KELLY CALECHE is a fine quasi-linear lightly leathered powdery scent that smells to my nose a bit like an open sack of flour in a livery. Although this fragrance is not at all complex, the leather note makes it stand out from the crowd--I definitely cannot think of anything that smells even vaguely reminiscent of KELLY CALECHE. The only question, then, is: do I want to smell like this? I think that in my rather rare leather moods I'd prefer the complexity of MISS BALMAIN or even the intensity of CABOCHARD. But KELLY CALECHE is likeable enough, and I might buy a whole bottle--if I find it on sale...

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I really couldn't detect the leather in this and I so wanted to. It's a very aloof scent, well bred and expensive, that is obvious. However, that alone won't make me buy it- I imagine that some women may wear it like an accessory - a spritz of this with the hermes bag. Appeals to the fashion pack but not too much to me. It's not sexy but it is animalic and I got the twang of sour sweat and hay on first smelling. The drydown is quite nice and my husband liked it but when he said 'is that what you'd like for your birthday?', I said 'no!'.
Ok, I lie- I tried it again and found it really compelling in its utter elegance. My husband hates the No 19 I wanted for Christmas so this might be on my list instead!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Leather note in perfumes make me feel discomfort and without appetite. Kelly Caleche causes shivers down my spine.

The elegance and divine sexipile aren’t better conjoined in any other scent. The awakening of Kelly is as feather light, and as finest and smoothest leather dark.

It is morning pure and clear. The sun is shining. No cloud in the sky. Standing in rose garden. Soft wind blows. Lemon tree behind you. The sprinkles in the garden pour water drops in your face. Black Arabian horse slowly walks behind you. The saddle, the whip, the boots of the rider are shining in the sun. The sprinkles are wetting your hands. Your eyes are closed. The rider wears black glows, and pulls his fingers through your hair.

You open your eyes. There is no garden, no roses, no Arabian horse. Your face and hands aren’t wet. There is no rider. It is your Kelly Caleche.

Zaleska
Zaleska

I agree to Jeca: it really smells like a vintage handbag. And you know what? I LOVE IT!
(hmmm, you've got another 'it's all for those who dare' coming)
;)

sniffandsingwithme
sniffandsingwithme

I am smelling my leather overcoat... Yes i love the scent of it's strong leather. And it's spicy. I love it!!
The only problem is it's longevity. Last up to 4 hours max on my skin, and one day on my clothes... 8 point out of 10.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I love grapefruit, and I sometimes love leather, but the combination smells like pickle juice on my skin...pickle juice and flowers...iris and narcissus, rose and tuberose all recognizable-the floral half of the fragrance is powdery but pleasant, the leather note is probably just not for me....That's just the chemistry of my leather though--you must try it for yourself.

There are certain pleasant sour fragrances, and this is not one for me. But at least this is interesting-confusing, not appealing, but interesting.

Update: I'm trying this again, and I feel the same-but I think I could wear this, since it smells a lot more flowery and feminine and less vinegary once the top notes pass-when the grapefruit goes, the fragrance becomes rather pleasant. Will never be a favorite, or FB-worthy for me, however.

LittleLulu248
LittleLulu248

This fragrance is extremely interesting! It truly stands out. I adore the leather note it has =). The fragrance as a whole is spectacular.

Mysticalili

A woman stopped me last afternoon just to say "congratulations for your fragrance". Guess what perfume I was wearing. Kelly Caleche of course! :)

sky76sky
sky76sky

On my skin this is all about soft, warm, inviting leather & cool, thin, watery iris.

The classic Hermes base that shines through many of their fragrances (Un Jardin, Terre...) is ever-present. At the start there is a grapefruit twist & as it warms to the skin a soft rose blooms & palma violet sweets appear....but the show-stoppers are still the leather & iris.

This would be a great choice for a refined lady-who-lunches or a sophisticated office worker as it is a delicate, well-blended floral with distinction.

For me, however, it is too controlled - I like my leather scents to be a bit more raw & earthy - & there is a high, thin sweetness that gives me a headache after some time.

barbiot35
barbiot35

First I must say that,Kelly C has no similarity to the original Caleche, its name is misleading...That was a rose dominant scent like Paul Smith Women or Rochas Lumiere or any rose perfume but Kelly C is most powdery perfume I've even sniffed...
The leather? I didn't have detected any leather scent on it...
Lasting power was about 2 hours on me.

dina
dina

Too heavy and very unlike the 1st caleche which was a much more beautiful frag. I didn't like this one at all.

clairdelune
clairdelune

This is a lovely floral fragrance with a hint of leather which mostly persists throughout the day, though more as the fragrance dries down. At first it was a little strange to me (the leather), but the more I wear it the more I like it and think it really enhances the fresh, straight-forwardness of the flowers. It's an interesting juxtaposition of naughty and nice, simple and complex. Ellena is a mad genius--a visionary, and with Kelly, he's done it again.

Iskulin
Iskulin

Twelve hours had passed since I first sprayed it. Still maintaining the same elegance, distance and tranquility. I feel powerfully exclusive. And after having this ambiance all day it is still intriguing.

Dunja-Quince
Dunja-Quince

Now that's what I call a beautiful perfume! It's so elegant and specific. And when I smell it I'm feeling like I'm on the top of the world, like everyting is just perfect, it's an incredible fragrance.

jae

I don't detect any Un Jardin Sur Le Nil... What I do get is a magnificent blend of florals with a hint of citrus, accented by a light leathery note. I'm puling this off as a man with full confidence. This could have been marketed as a unisex. Another Hermes masterpiece in my collection... I love it.

luz
luz

It is all about leather on my skin... I'd love the scent without the leather note. I don't wanna smell like a new handbad, sorry. Not for me.

I seem to wear this so differently from everyone else. I get no leather at all in this. What I smell is a gorgeous sunlit chamomile scent, like the wild herb that used to grow on the side of the roads where I grew up. It's light and airy and lasts forever. Smells like summer to me. I love this one.

ramiske
ramiske

I really like unusual fragrances, and this one definitely is unique! It is one of those that makes you think, mmmmm...what is that scent? I definitely smell the leather, but it works really well with the other notes. And unlike a few other reviewers, to me, it smells nothing like Un jardin sur le nil. I can't find any similarities, other than the creator--Jean_Claude Ellena.

It is a really nice fragrance, sure to get compliments and inquiries!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Shameless. That's how I would describe this perfume. This might not be the most leathery scent around, but it definitely holds its own (IMHO).

I can point out the faint trail of grapefruit at the beginning, but after that...it's ALL rose and leather on my skin. I see a classy, intelligent, business woman by day....and an obscenely seductive sex kitten by night. Why does this remind me of Lucy Liu in Charlie's Angels? I'm picturing black-rimmed glasses, a tight cotton & lace white blouse, shamelessly form-fitting leather pencil skirt, black ankle-strap stilletos, and a killer smile. And that's just the office look....

(And with that said...I actually really like this perfume. I'm just not sure I can pull this one off. I will definitely TRY to though!) I wonder what I would think of Bvlgari Black...? =)

Mysticalili

I confess my first impression was something like "another feminine perfume made for men" but thank god that was just a 1st impression. All I can say about it now is "GOD! There´s nothing like this perfume. It´s really UNIQUE!" I can easily smell the flowers on it and tell you that´s feminine for sure! The powdery scent makes me dream...

Must have it! =)

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I received my Kelly Caleche prize today, which I won here at Fragrantica, and I'm so excited! It's such a fabulous perfume and so easy to wear!

After reading "The Perfect Scent," by Chandler Burr, which chronicles one of the works of Jean Claude Ellena, who designed Kelly Caleche, I was very eager to smell it and was definitely not disappointed. This perfume is airy, citrusy, light, and yet complex enough to add mystery and intrigue in all the right places.

There is leather in the heart of this fragrance but it is very subtle; nothing like the loud, spicy leather in Coco Chanel - think soft, luxurious Italian leather - that is what you get in this fragrance. To my nose, the notes that stand out the most are grapefruit, leather and iris and they mingle together very well.

Jean Claude Ellena is known for his minimalism and I think he does a great job of getting straight to the point with his creations. That said, I find subtle, unexpected nuances and whispers of something darker lurking in the shadows of this scent. Its notes, whose good graces make for polite conversation and pleasant banter have a very happy vibe, but there's something mysterious about the way Kelly Caleche speaks - the mystery lies in the things she doesn't say. As I mentioned, I think Mr. Ellena brought his point directly home with this one, but he said much more in the things he left out, than he could have conveyed with additional notes that would have made the perfume seem more directionless. It's clean, yet it's not soapy or aquatic; it's woody, yet it's not masculine; it's musky, yet it refrains from smelling artificial or being too warm. The iris adds just enough powder to take a scent that would otherwise be almost unisex and make it invitingly feminine.

I think this can easily be worn in hot weather and I look forward to making good use of the juice housed inside of this beautiful bottle this summer! It could easily be worn in an office environment, too; it seems to make one smell good, instead of smelling as though she's wearing perfume.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

I adore this perfume! I generally like odd perfumes, and I must admit on my skin this smells strange, but very interesting. Fresh and intimate in the same time! Absolutely lovely! I love to wear it in spring( end of march till end of april).

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I have sampled this three times now and have had the same results:

In the opening, I adore the fresh grapefruit and I also get a hint of tangerine, even though it's not listed in its notes. I can't detect lily-of-the-valley at all but do smell some type of white floral, probably narcissus. It's beautiful - fresh, classy, and discreet.

After about two hours of these lovely notes, I get a faint trace of leather. Very, very faint. And nothing else at all. I am half-convinced that I must be anosmic to the leather notes in this particular fragrance because so many reviews rave about it.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am sampling an EDT, not an EDP. Maybe that makes a difference. Hermes fragrances usually last six or seven hours on my skin, but this one lasts three or four.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Kelly Caleche very please me, Properly " it please me" is too small. It seduce me, but simultaneously intimidate, because KC is very exclusive and magic. In note of head sparkle grapefruits and roses, in heart, and in note of base is cool, but soft iris which contrasts and makes leather subtle. Leather smells moments as elegant suede. Though these perfume changes all time, are elegant, quiet. Though are warm, are makes distans. This smell requires careful haircut, elegant clothes and ...elegant manners ;) Kelly is a bit nostalgic, referring to times, when time floated freely, people did not so run, not so hurrry. But it is not smell retro. It is fine, modern classic. Important polish magazin about beauty in 2008 has conceded Kelly Caleche title "The best smell of year". And I... I have grown for already Kelly Caleche :)

ktv0926
ktv0926

I like Kelly Caleche a lot. Great unique fragrance!

In the beginning - fresh herbs with citruses, almost manly, but in such a delicate way. Flowers afterwards with leather notes in the background. Finally, base notes are just gorgeous, tender leather is beautiful!

lillybee
lillybee

I agree with pitbull friend. I had the same experience except I got more rose with a leather undertone. Otherwise, Kelly Caleche was reminiscent of Un jardin sur le nil the fresh grapefruity - rose notes being practically identical. I liked Caleche as a light, rosy scent made interesting with the addition of leather. It isn't something particulary potent though, the leather is very subtle and the whole composition is light and forgettable.

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

The dry down of this perfume on me is really unique, I got hundreds of different perfumes but I really can say none of them simular to this, that's why I got to have it. But depite it's uniqueness, I also found it is a very deep floral note with real leather scent which makes this scent so special. It's so Hermes, a high class blend!

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Oh yeah i think it's a love it or hate it scent.I read some review's here and it's strange how different the people interpret this fragrance.
I really fall in love with this unique fresh,leather and mint scent.
The first sniff is fresh and clean you smell the soft flowers and the grapefruit,then you can smell the tuberose and the leather and it smells like Peppermint/mint tea or something(really good)it also smells a bit like dry grassland i like these natural scent, maybe this smells for someone like stable.There are strong notes but the fragrance is really light and refreshing.It last not such a long time on me that is pity,match better to mature womans.A fragrance for the spring and fall time.The Bottle is very nice and the concept match good to the scent.

index
index

(NuriaRose, your not alone! On my skin this also smelled like cowsh**!)
I know leather from other perfumes, but this is really too much! Maybe it´s the combination with the iris...Definitely not for everyone, try it on your own skin!

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

Got a tester several days ago, on the first day I thought that it too strong and heavy, powdery and unpleasant.
On the second day it appeared to be much fresher as my nose got used to it. however now I didn't like floral notes...
I must say that I really like leather perfumes, but I don't get much leather here, I'd reccomend Serge Lutens Daim Blond or Chanel Cuir De Russie instead...
I'd rate it as 2 out of 10

Malegria
Malegria

Very weird. At first - a splash of lemony freshness and daffodils galore. The lily of the valley, and pretty much everything else listed in there doesn`t stand a chance though, because suddenly and completely out of the blue it starts to smell like a sheep coat.This is a pretty "fell-on-the-butt" leather in here.

veruska
veruska

Kelly Caleche bores me a lot. I suspect that you look in terror and you curse me for that but i tried to love her, but nope it didn't happened. It starts green and unfortunately piercing and it continues with a subdued whit-ish floral part, that ends in a grey whispering leathery memory. Too little of anything substantial, so subtle you can easily wear in the E.R.

Fresh picked chamomile from the side of the sun-lit road. Plus Iris. Lovely.I get very little leather, and only if I really slather it on, but it's light and really nice. It's also very different from other perfumes I've tried on the market lately, and that alone makes it worth a sample spray.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

This fragrance lasts forever on the skin. The opening note is somewhat sharp with the grapefruit scent. Strangely, I smell leather when I first spray this one on which is a little surprising as it is not listed in the top notes. It has been on my skin for several hours how and has blended into a powdery leather scent. I, too, find this one to be unisex particularly after it has been on the skin for a couple of hours. I think that this is a sophisticated, grown up scent. It is very unusual and the drydown is a bit too powdery for my taste but I enjoy wearing it and it smelled lovely on the scarf I was wearing today.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Great for me at the office as perfectly keeps the distance and translates businesslike refined air when needed. Irreplaceable for ambiguous situations, helps keep it cool. Sophisticated, dainty, slightly arrogant and high-class. It is transparent but impenetrable, that's an incredible combination. I can't wear it too often though and regurlarly switch to more " turn face not back to the rest" scents. Anyway, I always come back to this masterpiece.

Aysu
Aysu

Too much leather.. I fell in love with Kelly Caleche in airport duty free, opening was perfect, citrus, lily of the valley, nice floral, not boring, not ordinary, very high quality.. But then after an hour, I started to feel leather which is TOO MUCH.. Strong leather notes makes me feel sick, like the smell of the gasoline in gas station.. I wish it had a milder leather note, or it would be woodsy instead of leathery maybe :-) Then leather softens as well, after 1-2 hours, and citrus notes show up again on my skin and leaves a nice trail behind me everywhere I go. If you are patient enough, this scent becomes a miracle after 1-2 hours.

mellybee
mellybee

I agree with NuriaRose in a sense, it smells like a stable... This might smell nice on someone else, but not for me.

kiselina
kiselina

Unusual fragrance, different from the mainstream. I love it, there is lemon, there are flowers and leather, and also something, which is impossible to describe, probably the remarkable "Hermes" signature.

Jillian
Jillian

I love this fragrance. I received as a tester with a recent purchase and used before the two new bottles I was so excited about! I haven't received this many compliments from the opposite sex since my middle school experiments with Jovan White Musk:) - even my very uptight boss commented on 'how good I smelled'. Definitely develops and expands on skin. Sexy, daring and unapologetically feminine. I'm in.

afraafra
afraafra

I didn,t like the opening, a little synthetic, but the drydown is leathery and great.

Vanessa Olivatti
Vanessa Olivatti

I love it the Kelly Caléche.
It is chic, sexy, versatile and compartilhavel.
It has notes of rose, iris and leather in evidence.
Vai be part of my tops of perfumes!

Marianne
Marianne

This is a very unique fragrance...what struck me was the strong burned note, maybe the leather. You can smell flowers as well, but it's something I never smelled before. I understand if people maybe get sick from it, it's something that doesn't suit everybody.

jeca
jeca

I like the first Caleche very much. This is another perfume among Caleches that I like from the first sniff. :-)

At the beginning the scent is citrusy fresh, then I smell violet and flowers with leather scent, which is not sweet at all, dry and smooth and like a vintage handbag. Very light, but very long lasting.

solocha
solocha

this perfume is great. whenever i've smelled it, once from a paper strip from the magazine and once in the shop, I always can smell fresh violets, ad some leather too. it is very modern scent and suitable for most occasions.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I'd actually rate Kelly Caleche a 2-1/2 star of fragrance. In my opinion the original Caleche ranks above this one, with Caleche Delicate ranking 3rd. I own this fragrance & have tried it many times. While I won't become a Kelly Caleche fan, this has to have the most REALISTIC LEATHER note that I've EVER SMELLED! It's not a warm, buttery, suede Italian leather. It's a cool, smooth, slick & even bordering on cold leather. Much like a very expensive & elite case or purse. Just like a Herme's leather purse in a bottle! So, the perfumer really got the notes he was going for.

The notes of Kelly Caleche are listed as mimosa, iris, climbing rose and leather. On my skin the mimosa & rose never develop. It's pure leather on my skin.

Kelly Caleche could also easily be marketed as a Unisex fragrance. A man could very easily wear this. The lasting power is good, but not near as good as say 24 Faubourg, Rouge or Un Jardin Sur le Nil. I will end up giving my bottle to a friend as Kelly Caleche is definitely not me, but I'm sure some ladies will absolutely love it!

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

Leather and powedery flowers, with a slight hint of evergreen boughs. Clean, fresh, and sophisticated. Another masterpiece from Jean-Claude Ellena!

Kelly Caleche by Hermes 3.69 out of 5 based on 1093 ratings and 203 user reviews

Perfume WorldWide
Hermes Kelly Caleche - Eau de parfum natural spray 3.3 oz
Hermes Kelly Caleche - Eau de parfum natural spray 3.3 oz
HERMES Kelly Caleche 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
HERMES Kelly Caleche 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Kelly Caleche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Kelly Caleche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kelly Caleche by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kelly Caleche by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.