Designers » F-H » « Groups

Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum Hermes for women
dislike

leather
Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum Hermes for women Pictures

Kelly Caleche, luxurious fragrance by the house of Hermes dedicated to famous Grace Kelly and leather purse Kelly Hermes, as well as to the legendary evening perfume Caleche, was introduced last year.

Kelly Caleche was developed by Jean-Claude Ellena from charming and gentle, bitterish rhapsodies of citruses and grapefruit which blend with floral notes full of nuances, with a characteristic powdery face of iris, with gourmand, yellow mimosa and rose. The perfect signature is added by a fine leather note. The last year's edition was dedicated to young women, ladies and the bottle was signed by designer Philippe Mouquet.

After great success with the last year's edition, a luxurious and very interesting edition for your purse was presented. It is shaped like a silver lock, available in limited number as 7,5 ml pure perfume extract, created of reconstructed aromas of the first perfume including jasmine, mimosa, tuberose and iris with benzoin and discrete accords of leather.

The new edition Hermes Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum arrives as eau de parfum. Its flacon is shaped just like the EDT version, with a small, charming lock around the neck of the bottle, which symbolically connects all three editions.

The new variant was developed by renowned perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena, who retained a floral-leather composition.

Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum includes accords of Barenia calf leather, sheep leather, rose and violet, which are wrapped in an attractive vanilla veil. The new, luxurious edition is available from February 2009, in amount of 50 and100ml EDP.

Leather Rose Violet Vanilla Mimosa iris Tuberose

Kelly Caleche
Hermessence Rose Ikebana
Petale Noir
Erotique

Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

blue_belle
blue_belle

This may be the most elegant perfume I've ever tried. It starts out very light, a nearly aquatic blend of violet and iris, and then the rose and leather slowly come in. The leather is truly buttery, and a gorgeous treatment of the note. I'm reminded of an young woman wearing a well-made leather jacket or pair of gloves. She's fashionable and lively, but also wise beyond her years.

When I tested this today I accidentally wore it through my run (in the hot and humid weather outdoors--I figured it would have died out by then!), so I have a pretty good idea how it performs in hot versus cool weather. In the cool the leather and floral notes are in perfect balance, which comes across as a very relaxing scent to me. In the heat more of the leather comes out so the scent is darker and just a touch more animalic. I don't usually like that kind of accord, but in this it's subtle and very nice.

This is going to the top of my want list, and as soon as I can get my hands on a bottle it may very well become a new signature for me. I just can't get enough!

adorkable_scent
adorkable_scent

Actually my dad bought my mom this one for her birthday but she didnt like it and ended up giving this to me and tbh this is definitely noooooot my scent. For my this smells very spicy and animalic.. a lil bit sweet but the sour part take over the part at the end. This is absolutely reflects the 18/19th century kinda smells.. just like the people at titanic (you know like the people from the upper crust from Britain whose accent is Posh :D) i just directly thought of them when i smelled this perfume! Classic and strong but for older women:)

Lana148
Lana148

Leather & Rose. Elegant, delicate, easy to wear, long lasting. Very pleasant, truly feminine perfume!

Deep leather scent. I think leather perfumes can be incredibly sexy, but not all ladies can use them. On my skin this fragrance is quite heavy, maybe because of my skin type - oily to mixed. Most of powerful scents are just too intense on my skin. Typical power monsters. And I don't want to kill anyone with my perfume, really!

projectalice345
projectalice345

I am always hunting for the right leather frag. I love love love leather smells. Sadly this was a disappointment because I cant wear rose of any kind. I smelled what can only be described as really soft suede leather, I pictured almost a pink smooth to the touch buttery suede next to some plastic flowers......I just wanted the suede only. The flowers gave me a head ache, didn't like it. Theres no horse smells or dirtiness. I think its a nice one to try if you love leather, its not spicy or musky, there's for me a kind of pretentiousness to it but it was pretty all the same. I like my leather kinda punk rock and this is not what this smells like. Leather is so primal, this smells like trying to lift your pinky at tea time while your leather purse heats up in the sun. Its very smooth and good quality though, and a must try if you love leather, just to experience. If it does work for you, its not as expensive as some leather scents....ahem Tom Ford im looking at you.

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

This is a stunning elegant fragrance. Today was the first time I tried it and I have no idea why it took me so long to try this one. I think once I am out of one of my "work day" fragrances I will buy this instead. It is exactly what I am looking for.

vik73
vik73

So many things were written about this scent. I am not going to analyze the notes and the impression it did. The only thing is that after using the niche perfumery and spending a lot by looking for something unique Kelly Caleche became my signature scent. Really unique for someone who is tired of the mainstream perfumery. Thanks

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

Pardon the repost, I first put this in the wrong place.

Mm. De-lovely. Alone in a rose garden after a light morning rain, sun peaking through the clouds, a bundle of pink rosebuds on a stem, standing firm, it's not yet late enough in the year for them to open. The leather is a memory of winter, the flowers look with expectation for summer to come.

Germany
Germany

I am very much enjoying this youthful but elegant , fun , playful master piece.
Its full of sweet roses and soft suede leather. The leather however is not strong and if I didn't know about it I would not think it was leather , now that I do know I realize its soft sweet leather , an easy leather scent to wear for non leather lovers. It has a certain elegance and sophistication that I am drawn to but it also has a youthful side to it , it suits any age any situation from morning to nighttime. I love the sweetness !
The Dry down is a little more leathery but by no means a leather anyone would find too much. Even a leather hater could not hate Kelley !
Caleche EDP The iris and the violets is what makes this perfume so amazing in my opinion and I appreciate how the vanilla makes it warm and rounds it up. Amazing composition. I tried the Edt and in comparison its fresher and more citrusy. It's maybe a great summer option and may be even less of the leather , if any. I preferred the EDP by far as it is rounder and sweeter and well pretty much perfect for what I want :)
I love how its fresh and sweet.
Update, i have wearing this a lot and I can smell the calfskin now a lot more. Its great. It smells of roses and suede with fresh soapy violets , the vanilla is gourgous too. I am tempted to get the edt for the hotter summer months.

emilianods75
emilianods75

Sexy, sophisticated, chic and classy. The leather and the rose are gorgeous together. Somehow I feel it spicy...like pepperish. Absolutly a must have fragrance!

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

I want to like it because of the glowing reviews, but it makes me feel nauseous. An unpleasant coagulation forms within my mouth.

khatsar
khatsar

Do you remember the smell of your mom's favourite purse? Leather, lipstick, cash, a perfume sample or two, and at least one piece of emergency candy. If you look back fondly on that gloriously feminine scent, you'll adore Kelly Calèche. This fragrance simultaneously evokes feelings of comfort and class.

I'm glad I didn't read the notes list before trying this...I may never have sampled it out of an irrational fear of smelling like a sweaty old man smothered in flowers. The leather note is most prominent to me, but it's light and blends divinely with the florals to keep things fresh and feminine. I think of cashmere-lined driving gloves nestled next to a rose-scented Lancôme lipstick. Mmmm.

I first wore Kelly Calèche during a girls' day out downtown in a new city, a day which ended in my getting my nose pierced. The piercing was something I'd been wanting for a million years but never thought I'd have the courage to actually do. This fragrance definitely helped give me a little push. Fond memories! :)

neo_xx
neo_xx

you smell it like that because you smell it from a close distance with concentration,,
try smelling it from a far distance , also spray it from far not too close and you will smell the lovely rose with leather mixed so lovely,,

one of the best perfumes in my opinion , has class on its own..

elegant,,

Same story with EdP. Yes, it smells richer and different, but not for me.
On paper I smell an elegant and bold mix of flowers, rose, geranium, leather...
On my skin: rotten hay and dirty horse saddle.
Why??
:-(

faithserene
faithserene

Buying in the auction time..and I am lucky to try it..I cant explain in detail, but simply I love it...

dhya
dhya

This fragrance is very special and unusual. Smells expensively sweet and delicious in my body chemistry.

This is rose scent (which I love so much) blended with unique leathery and animalic scent with a little powdery in there, I felt it very light but with strong personality.

One of my favorite for day time party. Good Silage and long lasting too

anapardo81
anapardo81

I like it & I'm thinking of repurchasing it. It's simply a pretty unique scent. It doesn't remind me of any other perfume.

milkyway
milkyway

I really like this-smells just like a nice pair of gloves sprayed with rosy perfume. It develops nicely on skin, even though leather doesn't seem to evolve very much as time passes, but that's just one of it's specificities.
Smells classy and wild at the same time. The sweet aroma of flowers is contained by potent leather. I would say that this is a perfume for all ages, however the lasting power is rediculous- I can barely smell it after 2 hours. The projection is pretty good though while it lasts. If looking for leathery rose try Agent Provocateur- a creamier , more rounded perfume in similar olfactive group, and lasts longer (on me at least).

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I didn't like the edt when I went to test it by 2008, I suppose I expected something different from what I found as a Calèche fanatic.

Years later, when I was buying another Hermes scent the salesman who was assisting me suggested me to try the edp on my skin. It worked perfectly well. The top notes includes some citrus I'm sure, then roses and violets appear to be followed and merged to my very much liked mimosa-tuberose combination, though here kept in a medium-low volume to give space to the powdery leather end. I celebrate the lack of vanilla excess. Overall I find it a very well blended and sophisticated bittersweet leather powdered character. But it must work with your skin in the correct direction, does with mine and has a good lasting power on it.

I don't know why but I need to be in a good mood to pick Kelly Calèche, so it fits my spring and autumn best days.

courant
courant

Horticulturally speaking geranium refers first to geranium macrorrhizum the plant from which oil of geranium was first produced. Perhaps it is this that stole my heart, I adore this humble and easily grown plant. I know nothing of owning Kelly handbags but I did enjoy the movie, 'Le Divorce'. I own the EDT and have ordered the EDP after using up my sample. Russell Page wrote a book entitled the Education of a Gardener.
Jean Claude Ellena has written the Education of a Perfume Addict in the notes of Kelly Caleche. Be still my beating heart, I love this fragrance in spite of its inability to cope with heat. I don't think I will ever be without it. Domininque Francon would have worn this. She would have thrown the bottle down the airconditioning shaft to smash into a thousand little pieces because it was too beautiful for others to know. Sigh...and sigh again

selinu
selinu

Okay somebody help me! I hate the rose scent in the chloe edp. So is this similar rose and can i buy it blind?

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

After wearing this lovely scent continually for two days I can say that it is a new favorite and I am not always a rose scent lover. The rose is warm and tempered by the violet and iris. I love that the iris comes through more and more as it dries down. There is definintely leather here but I do not smell it really strongly like some others have said. It's in the background, a lovely suede, expensive purse shop smell, but does not overwhelm. It's a nice balance to the florals. I agree that the violet and iris and especially the tuberose become more prominent after a couple of hours, but all the other notes are still there. The tuberose note is stunning.

I find this a much better scent than then Kelly Caleche EDT, which smells rather lemony and synthetic in comparison. The parfum smells like real roses and irises strewn around a gorgeous Hermes bag tied with an Hermes scarf, of course! It smells young and fresh to me as well. Anyone of any age could wear this beautiful scent. Another beauty from Jean-Claude Ellena.

esmee diora
esmee diora

I just purchased 2 sample edp's after reading all the awesome reviews. It's not as strong as I hoped, or long lasting. If the edp isn't lasting I cant imagine edt being any better. Overall love the scent concept, just wish it was stronger and better lasting. I'd still buy the bigger bottle to spray much more on.

girasolina
girasolina

I jump out of my kind: pink, not water rose centifolia rose ... hot and bubbly, which heats up and becomes crisp and sour deep. It has its own interesting and unique sillage but not violent people close entering the nostrils with arrogance and vulgarity.
Then reduces running and you feel the sweetness of the flower with soft suede, not bad leather ...
I find this elegant perfume, original, even delicato.Perfetto portrait of lady ...
shame that I am a little animal!

onebadbaby

This version doesn't seem to be on the Hermes website anymore. Please tell me they aren't discontinuing it!!!!

pbluberry
pbluberry

This is better than the EDT. All I get from EDT is a strange smell from the begining, guess it's the leather. The EDP smells almost exactly the same without that nasty opening. Wished I got this first instead. Ohh well.... lesson learned.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

Smells sexy & nasty. Like S&M.

mimikins24
mimikins24

This is really lovely, and it was what I was hoping for out of the Bottega Veneta scent.

It opens with a citrusy (lemony) note, although I see there is no citrus listed. Perhaps it is the contribution of the mimosa instead. The pervasive feeling is a dusty and powdery floral. The rose takes a less prominent role, with more emphasis on the violet and to a lesser extent the iris. I am not a rose lover in heavy doses, so this combination is delightful.

As some others have commented, the leather note is very light in the beginning, but becomes progressively heavier. By about 2-2.5 hours, the leather hits it cresendo. From there, both the floral and leather fade as discernable notes, and I am left with a light powdery vanilla scent on the skin.

A very dynamic fragrance, and I can imagine that it would be different on others' skin. I find it to be a sophisticated and modern daytime fragrance. Full day longevity, but I would caution a light hand, particularly at an office, as the sillage is generous.

katrin1128
katrin1128

I bought the EDP about a year ago and have been wondering why I hadn't been reaching for it much. So I wore it again today and realized what it was. The EDP opens beautifully. A feminine rose/violet/mimosa scent with a pervasive leather note. For about the first four hours I couldn't get enough; it smelled so heavenly.
But after four hours all I smell is the strong leather, nothing else. For some reason it smells to me of a heavily upholstered bar. It's way too masculine for me. I thought of refreshing it with another spritz or two, but it's still so strong that I think it would be overpowering. I have an overwhelming desire to go scrub it off, or ride a horse.
Based on the comments, body chemistry seems to affect the scent of this one so much!

angBrown
angBrown

I so love this perfume! The rose isn't too rosy, the grapefruit isn't too acrid or fruity. I only wish that it had more of the lovely soft leather. Sometimes I can't detect it under all of the grapefruit in the dry-down. I have layered it over a light spray of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather before and it was lovely in winter -- the leather notes fit together perfectly, and the rose became more prominent. I want to buy a bottle of Tuscan Leather just to reproduce this combination.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

I've just got Kelly ! It's such a beautiful combination, that I can't stop smelling it ! It's unique,outstanding and special! And the bottle is very elegant ! I love it ! Kelly Caleche is gonna be my new signature scent! Sorry Pure Poison ;)

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

this one dosent work for me. for the first 30 minutes it was a pungent blend of citrus and leather, very unpleasant, like i'm in a shoe factory or a tanner. than it mellowed a bit but still not something that i would like to wear or smell around me.

s_athena
s_athena

I fell in love with Kelly Caleche in the EDT version but didn't get along well with the greener notes at the top. Well, those green notes are absent here. This version doesn't smack you over the head and drag you into her s&m dungeon the way the EDT does. Instead, you get more of a caress, but this is still severe, like the aloof caress of a reserved stepmother. Both the EDT and EDP have a certain elitist distance to them, but the EDP is definitely more old-world and aristocratic - she's a baroness walking back from her morning equestrian exercise, not a hair out of place in the French twist underneath her riding helmet. I see where people get the "barnyard" accord from, but to me this is a clean stable smell, more like fresh hay and polished saddles than unshoveled stables or sweaty horses. If done lightly, it's perfect for the office if you want to smell good but communicate distance and power - but please, for the love of God, not on a hot day!

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

The eau de parfum smells slightly sweeter and more floral from the beginning to the end of wearing than the eau de toilette. It dries to smell like high quality, supple conditioned leather with a high class, fresh, moderately plush personality. Feminine in that it's not masculine, though not completely unwearable by men.

emfelicio
emfelicio

I like unconventional scents like leather/animalic and I've tried Kelly Kaleche EDP twice. I like it but I find it too soft for me, so I'm not going to buy it. Can any of you recommend me a more intense fragrance similar to this one? In the perfume shops when I ask for intense women fragrances they show me sweet/heavy ones.

iivanita
iivanita

this one is much different from EDT, which is grapefruit- leathery-rosy and very transparent summer scent! i got addicted to EDTs bitternes and the leather is not heavy....
while EDP is just a bit cloying...this rose here makes me sick, and i cant stand it after 15 mins, its like some wet rose with butter, and so overpowering for my nose. but EDT i enjoyed , loved that citrusy part of it a lot!and yes it smelled great on fabric!

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

This bee stings, mamacitas
Its just really my type of girl and she´s adorably amazing if your just about to enter the "niche" world for the first time.

If you´v been in the bizniz for a while, thats ok, Kelly will embrace you like a strong, strict (well behaved, but Don´t you question her) and chic stephmother.

ps.good sillage & longlasting.ds

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

I've worn this about 5 times so far, and now I think I've truly begun to understand this fragrance. My nose doesn't detect the leather as much in the top because I am sensitive to rose notes. The rose in this one is beautifully expressed, and blends nicely with the floral and leather accords. The drydown is soft and wispy, like the smell of a nearby passenger on a bus who is freshly showered and wearing a fine leather jacket. This, imo, is a cooler weather fragrance, because the balance of notes can so easily topple over. When I first smelled this, I sprayed it and walked through the mist on my way out the door....and i loved it. The 2nd time, I sprayed it directly on my shirt and the smell pestered me all day. The 3rd time,I sprayed it on my hand and loved it. Finally, i caught on, and now I just walk through a spray or two and usually wear on skin. I've heard that most Hermes fragrances are best on fabric but this smells best 'from a distance', and not directly under your nose.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

This is an ABSOLUTE FRESH DIVINE - elegant, feminine divine !!!!
I have no words to describe properly or exactely how it develops, but it's unbelievable. It's really very strong at the beginning and it's IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT the divinity of this perfume , which develops in about one hour (or even more - depends how much you apply).If you'll be patient, you'll get final fantastic smell... as clean and fresh as eary morning, as uplifting as the greatest news... That's what I think about Kelly Caleche!

Actually I'm not shure, what's the most important factor to make an excellent perfume: The nose behind it= the master who creates or/and the quallity of ingredients. I think both! Kelly Galleche has them, I'm shure. This is a real masterpiece.

I love it so much, I'm crazy about it !

Majesty
Majesty

Kelly Caleche L'Eau de Parfum is very different comparing it to Kelly Caleche EDT.First of all,L'Eau de Parfum doesn't carry the citrus-bergamot opening of EDT,it's lighter,more transparent.L'Eau de Parfum is a more intense version that shows immediately the beauty of rose with a hint of violet,not powdery though.It's a perfect combination of fine leather and rose.It's double personality reminds me Ange ou Demon.Innocent,soft rose,dark fine leather.Very nice,unique rose scent with good longevity.

prigipessa
prigipessa

OK I have a problem here. This is my favourite one, so so so different like nothing else. Dominating. Absolute. Feminine. Strong. Confident. Classy. The one, the loyal one.
And then there is the other, the lover, the temptation, the sin... the honey-powder. I'm talking about Chloe... Every time the same dillemma... Like Kelly being my husband who I do love and Chloe a tempting lover. I want them both. Badly.... But I have to choose. There should be only one that accompanies me evreywhere...

driggs46
driggs46

I gambled on this one because of the notes and the nose (Jean Claude Elena). I bought the EDT without smelling it first, and as I'm sure you know; if you are reading this, that was an expensive gamble. But boy did it pay off! I loved it so much that I bought the EDP as soon as it came out. With that said, both of them take you on an entirely different journey. The EDT is so much lighter, and brighter, while the EDP is very soft and deep.

I find that the EDT's rose notes are at the top, with the violet lying just beneath. To me the leather smells like a new pair of gloves and isn't dominate after the first few minutes. It settles nicely into the floral notes with a light vanilla just underneath.

For me the EDP has violet and leather notes at the top from the beginning, and they stay there for a long time. It does finally give way to the rose, but the vanilla is barely noticeable.

With the understanding that one of the differences between EDP and EDT is that there is a lot more alcohol in the EDT...it really seems to make a very dramatic difference in this fragrance. More so then I have ever noticed in any other fragrance. To me they seem almost like two different scents. One is very bright, and light hearted (day time), and the other is very subdued, sexy and sophisticated (night time).

If you are looking for a classy and elegant fragrance either one of these will make you happy!! I love, LOVE, love them both, and wouldn't be without either one of them.

ducktuck
ducktuck

This started out as floral on me, and then quickly turned to leather. About 30 min later it smelled like vegetables on me. I found it really interesting, and pleasant enough but it didn't really strike me.

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

Should be a beautiful scent on a woman; clean, fresh, lilly floral. I don't really get the leather, though. What I do sense, is a realy nice tea....

irma303
irma303

i love the opening... lots of rose.. but later on i only can smell leather :( My boy likes the smell though :-)

honeycake
honeycake

love both EDT and EDP ..feel comfortable, delicate, attractive feminine and longly scent over day&night when wear it

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Who let the horses out...???
Unfortunately the note of horses is so, so strong that I cannot wear it . Definitely I prefer the leather-version EDT.

Edit: I tested this scent the second time end of May, and ...I must admit that more and more pleases to me . :))

eid-althani
eid-althani

my problem with this lovley scent is the longivety your not going to enjoy it for long time i woul luv to see hermes reales a intense version of

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

A very beautiful opening on this one for me. The opening is angelically ethereal with delicate green notes, lily of the valley, narcissus, and roses. Unfortunately it quickly descends into the all too mundane world of unappealing bodily functions such as sweat going rancid on skin; old leather in this case. A core of tuberose doesn’t help in my case either since it only serves to bolster the increasing sour acridity and rapidly dwindling freshness as this scent wears on. The central climbing rose and mimosa do not shine on me in this one. They appear briefly and flatten into the pit of an inglorious iris base which in this case translates to a very unclean mud splashed atop rancidly unwashed (expensive) leather in a damp and moldering wood barn. To describe the scent via scenario…….Your magnificent thoroughbred has just won the Kentucky Derby in record time today. It was a muddy track to run on as well. The day is warm and humid. The horse, saddle, and jockey are covered in an exhausted sheen of sweat with that glorious championship blanket of roses as they walk slowly back to the barn. Upper crust? Aristocratic? Equestrian? Why yes of course, but definitely NOT what I would ever wish to smell like.

sab628
sab628

This is my first review here, I did it especially for this perfume. God this smells so good on me ! Creamy, like grandma's face powder, with the leather note, mmm, divine and obsessive ! I just realized my second favorite is Visa by Piguet, so unknown to me I have a crush to leather perfumes . I have a bit of a wild, sensual side, so it all matches. Anyway, this is a very good, very classy perfume, but you have to hold your own to wear it !

velvet67
velvet67

have not tryed this one yet got interested in the discussion of sheep leather notes!It certainly gets your attention.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A little sour to open with a hint of citrus and the light, green feel of violet.

Rose and subtle swatches of leather then surface, but a little of the sourness remains.

As the Kelly Caleche L'EDP continues to evolve, subtle powdery notes develop suggesting that the leather is soft suede.

This is actually a really nice fragrance, unusual and attractive, but just not to my preference.

onebadbaby

On paper I hated this- but couldn't get it out of my head- so I tried it again on skin- again- I didn't really like it at first. It took about an hour or two before I began to appreciate the subtlety of this perfume. The grapefruit and leather are the dominant notes in the opening, as it dries down the leather remains pretty constant, but the citrus is replaced with subtle florals, which I can't quite make out. It never goes powdery like most fragrances tend to, but remains quite sparking with the leather giving it a little depth. I have bought this, not sure whether it will be a grower or an experiment I will regret as it is very different to my other fragrances. Time will tell.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This comes across as ferel verging on putrid on me. I'm sure it smells wonderful, if you have the chemistry to collide with it. This is a reminder to me to not blind purchase, even though all the notes that this is composed of has worked for me in the past. This actually made me sick.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Thank you Adiro (my Hermes fairy) for giving me a decant of it.
I love it! Imagine receiving a Hermes leather purse, very classy and beautiful, and when you open it there are many rose petals inside...
I wouldn't decline a present like this.
Will definitely purchase full bottle of this fragrance (unfortunately their purses are too expensive for me :) )

LADYELLE
LADYELLE

This fragrance is for spring/summer day time use. I have the perfume which is long lasting until the next day. I wear it going to special day time functions

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is for sure an empowering scent! It oozes elegance and power, in a soft way. The rose and leather are predominant, and the combination is anything but pink! Uplifting and strange, the scent gives the impression of confidence, the perfect interpretation of a woman that is not afraid to be soft and feminine in the right company, or domineering and strong when in a crowd. Absolutely unique! Another masterpiece by Hermes, which along with Eau de Merveilles and others, could easily pass as unisex, yet they are distinctively charming on the right woman. Not for little girls, but rather for ladies that know what they want from life and are not afraid to stand out. I love it, even though I am not normally crazy about leather scents. This is a more feminine and refined interpretation of Bandit, more sensual and curvy.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Kelly Calèche, an individual born legend.

It was a year ago when I first heard of Kelly and its reputation: Those who had encountered it, praised it and said that it possesses animalistic, alluring and noble qualities.

After an ebay deal gone wrong, my first encounter with Kelly Calèche was - finally - in Athens. My dreams of smelling Ultrared, Narciso for her, L de Lolita Lempicka and others had already come true at a local store and my nose was getting tired, but there was one left to test: Kelly. Couldn't resist its magnetism.

Closing my eyes and inhaling, there was suddenly a majestic and calm brown horse beside me. The perfume took me into another world in a heartbeat. I could almost hear the sound of bees and flies and smell the warm hay and sheep and sense the countryside's peace. I opened my eyes, the illusion escaped, and was brought back to the city of concrete jungle and honking horns.

This perfume would make a great match for a young, distant, aristocratic miss.
Since I'm a loyal friend of slightly eccentric, perverse and unusual leather scents, it's a pleasure to give Kelly a five-star rating.

rezalon
rezalon

bought this for my wife thinking that it would be something spectacular. unfortunately, had a horrible chemical scent that would not go away. really nasty stuff. not a leather dry down, but a potent bitter strong flavour that you would not want to smell on your worst enemy! promptly returned and skin scrubbed multiple times to get it off! surprised given that hermes usually makes some really nice stuff.

GracedeMonaco
GracedeMonaco

I simply adore this attempt from Hermes as a tribute to the timeless perfection of the late Princess of Monaco. It seems I tend to pick up the Leather note rather quickly and I LIKE that! It's an "ice-queen" type of classy fragrance that you can't imagine just anyone wearing. It reminds me a bit of Todd Oldham (from the mid 90's)...another scent with what smells like that sharp (at first) leather note. It's got MY vote...2 thumbs up!

mseidoom
mseidoom

Opens with a citrusy-grapefruit aroma, then that goes away a bit. There's an "odd" note that won't go away, which I believe must be the leather in this scent. I can take the citrus starting strong but if that weird note wasn't there I could have really liked the fragrance on a whole. The lasting power was pretty good.

Belle de la nuit
Belle de la nuit

Kelly Caleche is the woman I have always wanted to grow up and be, decisive, confident, aristocratic, used to finer things but also talented in her own right.

The perfume is cold, aloof and windswept - at first. Later upon getting to know her, she is strong, alive and beautiful but the best part of all is that she just doesn't care. The leather note is consistent throughout but it is a gentle leather, softened by a natural sweetness, owing I suppose, to the rose, violet and vanilla but allow me to add that I also get a minty waft of something uttterly delicious as Kelly Caleche reaches its final evolutionary stage. It is by all means a real living perfume, not synthetic in the least and has an incredible lasting power.

When worn it leaves me with the impression of someone who is comfortable, mysterious and powerful, the sublime heiress to a great kingdom...

efm
efm

I agree with Julia and her liking the fragrance to sheep. I found an unpleasant animalistic note, I was most reminded of cooked lamb.

I love the original Caleche, it is one of my all time favorites so I was disappointed with the Kelly. I wear Bandit and Montana so am not afraid of leather or unconventional scents.

Furthermore,I understand that I am not in the 20 - 25yrs demographic the marketers have targeted but I wonder does any woman really want to smell like a butchers shop ?

I own 4 other Hermes scents, I will stay with them and leave Kelly to those who admire it.
As I find it hard to believe that the House could get it so wrong, it may be a matter of body chemistry. I advise try before you buy.

Iulia
Iulia

It's indeed very original, but I would never wear it.First I just thought it smelled like a leather bag with some citrusy cocktail spilled over it, but after a while, all that I could smell was an animal skin (sheep). No matter how much I like them, I don't want to smell like a sheep:D...

mymlan
mymlan

This edp is a stunning gem! I agree with Robert though, that it has citrusy top notes. I can't really believe that the notes above are complete. A further investigation will be needed. I cannot make up my mind what I like most about KC. The rose in the heart supported by the sweet violet, or the milky sweet suede drydown? Maybe the truth is just in between? Unfortunately I can't wear Kelly Caleche. I got a rash in my face when I tested it. Especially around my nose. It looked really funny even if it wasn't. Still I highly recommend it as a classy day wear.

Robert White
Robert White

Strange...am I the only one who smells the green notes in this? The top is a vague citrus-y thing, changing almost immediately into a strong tomato-stem note. I like the vegetable note in perfumes like this and L'Artisan's Piment Brulant. Then this settles down into a soft, powdery leather that seems to bear no relation to its vegetal top. As Lucan Turin says, this is two perfumes in one. I like the top notes better, and would have preferred this if it had been a linear perfume. Still, very good, and well worth buying.

Adiro
Adiro

I tried it several times before buying, because of its price. It is absolutely wonderful!!!
For the first minutes, it opens with a smell of red berries, sugar, even chocolate. It is the same kind of sweetness like in Elixir de Merveilles versus Eau de M. A sweetness of fruits in heavy syrup, but in Elixir the fruits are candied citrus peel.
In the middle and base notes, the fruits are gone, and the perfume becomes soft lather and flowers, with a touch of vanilla, but the leather is special, it's actually suede. It's velvety and soft, like the softest creamiest chamois.It makes me think exactly of a piece of chamois used to blend pastels. The perfume is contiguous in my mind with the colors of the sky at down. Pinks, oranges, yellows over blue. Like the sky in early morning, the perfumes becomes brighter as times passes.
On a less positive note, its projection is quiet and soft, not much noticed. Lasting power on my skin is not very good, but then none of the Hermes perfumes ( that I tried) last very well on me.

I may have been too long winded here, but in summary the perfume is wonderful, classy, unique, romantic, soft and a great pleasure to own and wear.

Biliana
Biliana

My favorite fragrance of all time.
So delicate, tender, warm, and different. I could never give it up.

P.S. Sorry, Allure.

hathor
hathor

oh dear!! i think i must have tried the eau de parfum, because my first impression was a very overpowering leather smell reminiscent of old horse saddles. i think i was surprised by this because i expected another sickly sweet pink smell to match the colour of the perfume. i had a squirt of this at the airport on my way to italy, and had to suffer it for the rest of my journey. after a while i noticed some roses but the most dominant note remained leather. i really did smell like an old sheep. i will try it again sometime, perhaps it's just an acquired taste. but i am relieved to smell something original with a bit of character which stands out from the crowd of pink sweetness which i'm tired of.ps, i'm summing this up with a picture of an old sheep with a rather dirty bottom blundering it's way through a rose garden!!

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

A light, frankly uninteresting opening left me wondering why anyone would actively reach for this to spray on any given day. It began as a watery, vaguely citrus-tinged floral that did nothing for me at all... and yet I stayed with it, fighting with my preconceptions and giving it time to mature on the skin.

I'm SO glad I did have patience - the eventual drydown is really lovely. A very milky, slightly sour vanilla (which I know sounds horrid, but is actually fabulous to experience) mingles with the mimosa and jasmine to become quite flirtatious and subtly sexy. The leather is expensive smelling and sweet, the butter-soft leather of a vintage pair of gloves, seemingly delicate yet ultimately hard-wearing.

Staying power is very good, I sprayed this on first thing this morning and the drydown notes are still blooming on my skin some 13 hours later.

Perhaps I am not enamoured with this enough to purchase a bottle, but it's certainly worth trying and a fantastic payoff if you can be bothered waiting. It's like sitting through a quite dull but pretty looking film just to get to the emotionally charged ending. How I wish for a fast-forward button!

Italo_Wolff
Italo_Wolff

Hermes the French brand that was recognized in the whole world by the quality, elegance and refinement of your leather goods. As if it just was not enough to work with leather Jean-Claude Ellena, he tries to translate that glamour of the french store in an aroma modernized in the Classic it perfumes Caleche, inspired in one of the bag sold at the store with the same name.
Ellena comes with Kelly Caleche to modernize the perfume of years ago, bringing an smell leather base and roses, the perfume gives the impression of a young one dressed of black leather with details of silvered metal, lewd ready to massacre men, as your devastating whip, a fetish adapted in the century XXI, where the pain, the submission to the powerful smell of Dominatrix is exciting and irresistible, who sits down won't get him it to support the consequences.
Behind that whole image fetishist they hide the softest and sweet notes of violet and vanilla, that besides they increase the dark beauty of the perfume they do with that the aroma becomes more gourmand. In whole the perfume the animal and strident aroma of the leather solitarian reigns it joins the rose, only in the end the most sweetened notes are apparent, for that reason the image Dominatrix extends during a lot of hours, the violet and vanilla they are only coadjutant in that perfume.
Done exclusively for women that he/she is not afraid if they are lewd, that feel pleasure in submitting a man your wills, the cybernetic vampires endowed with a black and magnetic breeze.

Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum by Hermes 3.96 out of 5 based on 425 ratings and 71 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kelly Caleche L`Eau de Parfum by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.