Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

L’Ambre des Merveilles Hermes for women and men

L’Ambre des Merveilles Hermes for women and men
dislike

L’Ambre des Merveilles Hermes for women and men Pictures L’Ambre des Merveilles Hermes for women and men Pictures

L’Ambre des Merveilles by Hermes is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. L’Ambre des Merveilles was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena. The fragrance features amber, labdanum, vanilla and patchouli.

Amber Labdanum Vanilla Patchouli

Ambre Extreme

L’Ambre des Merveilles Fragrance Reviews

ShellBelle
ShellBelle

Sampled this today and for me, it was love at first spray! Loved it from start to finish. The most beautiful amber and vanilla blend on me. Very cozy, warm, and lovely. This was one of 2 introductions to Hermes, and it blew my socks off!!! Straight to my want list it goes!

archivist
archivist

L'Ambre des Merveilles is the bedtime version of Eau des Merveilles. If Eau des Merveilles is your daytime signature and you don't want to smell like a completely different woman at bedtime, this soft, sensual, cuddly, silky, nocturnal version will appeal to you. It still has the citric glow of EdM, but it's candle light instead of a sunny day.

The relationship to the Merveilles line differentiates it from L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême, though the two are very, very, very similar. If you already have the latter I don't think you'll find the former different enough to warrant the purchase.

I'm a devotee of Eau des Merveilles, which I absolutely adore but is resolutely for daytime wear. Eau des Merveilles is solarian, bright, citrusy, salty, and earthy. I love it, but I can't imagine wearing it to bed, and I'm not sure I'd wear it to night-time event either, unless it was outdoors and summertime.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

This is my least favourite of the Merveilles series from Hermes, as it is the least interesting and most commonplace of all the fragrances. It is a sweet, vanilla, powdery perfume.
Eau des Merveilles has a sweet orange smell married with a saltiness; Elixir des Merveilles builds on the sticky, spicy sweetness and leaves the saltier notes for the drydown; l'Ambre des Merveilles shares neither the syrupy sweet orange notes nor the inky seaside aromas.
I can see that this would appeal as someone looking for a simple, sweet fragrance, but personally I would recommend one of the other Merveilles perfumes - the original Eau des Merveilles remains my favourite.
This review is particularly for Kellie_Lill who asked for my thoughts.

EDIT (AND COMPLETE 180): Soo, this is me eating my hat. I now really love this, and think it would make a great evening "partner" to the other Merveilles fragrances. I had been initially disappointed because it doesn't have that spunky, inky, unusual note I liked in the others, and I just thought: Nah, just a vanilla - boring!

But then recently, I was looking for a rounded and complex vanilla fragrance, and I just couldn't get one I liked: too cheap, too synthetic, no sillage, some other notes I didn't like.... And then I remembered l'Ambre des Merveilles, which is perfect!

So whilst I was a bit harsh calling it "commonplace" in my initial review, I still stand by that, in that there is nothing hugely innovative in the fragrance, BUT it is a lovely, radiant gourmand which is vanilla and salted caramel.

Good for: evenings when you want to smell edible and classy.

Singabera
Singabera

I ordered that one in winter and was really disappointed - got nothing but flat sugary vanilla, really annoying and boring.
But how it changes in warmer days (+10 and higher) - signature Eau des Merveilles sharp notes came, refreshing cologne, oranges and resins. Great!
So my reccomendations - that one works good only in warm weather.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I got a small shock when I tried this, I enjoy the simple woody, citrus amber of Eau des Merveilles, wasn't so keen on the drier more intense Elixir, so I assumed L'Ambre des Merveilles would be a cosier version of the two perhaps.

But no, it has nothing in common whatsoever with the other Merveilles series! If you like Angel, you'll enjoy this; it's a fudge-like vanilla paired with patchouli that's very recognisable, and because of the ubiquity of Angel it makes this feel very generic, not what I'd expect from Hermes

In short, this is very sweet in a fudge-like way. Where's the amber? I just get patchouli and fudge. Mind you, I don't mind sweet amber, when it's paired with a rich and authentic vanilla

This one didn't work for me. It's a golden amber resin, but with distinct powdery notes that age it amazingly and sharp notes that make it almost masculine. Not a combination I like at all and it made me feel like I was suddenly thirty years older. Perhaps it's too rich or strong for my tastes, but I'll stick with the edgier ambers and the more incense-like resins

pravda48
pravda48

...if there existed an 'ADORE' button, this would apply for me. Along w/ only maybe 2 other fragrances.

It starts off rich, animalic, and warm; lots of the -perfect- types of patch and amber IMHO: the effervescent Hermes house type amber/vanilla combo is in full effect, plus the lush animalic warmth of patch and labdanum. It feels carnal yet inviting. Perfection.

As if that weren't enough, about 2 or 3 hours in the vanilla really begins to rise. Now it seems like a rich, smooth, and deep vanilla-patch w/ a hint of its former animality.

It's a changer, which is a must for 'love's as far as I'm concerned. Both phases are gorgeous. Puts other patch and amber types to shame.

We're in love; await wedding announcements <3 ;)

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Really, really wonderful fragrance by Hermes. by the notes one thinks of someting rather thick and strong but L'Ambre des Merveilles is just an amazing scent, not too sweet, not too feminine either and not only for Winter/cold weather. I smeel vanilla and amber and a hint of patchouli. There seem to be also a faint floral accord, or some jasmin. I don't smell the saltness, or ambergris. I think it is vegetable amber, woody. L'AdM is not powedery at all, or suffocating like some vanilla/amber scent tend to be. All in all very good value for the money because it can be quite versatile.

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

I sniffed this at Nordstrom, wanted it immediately but they were out. SA tried to get me to buy the original but no, I was smitten! Patchouli hates me so I waited to see if it would overtake. It did not, but just adds a rough bubbly texture to this fragrance. I swear I am getting sweet oranges, salty vanilla, of course marvelous amber. I believe there are more notes than what is listed. This is a fabulous sweet and salty candied orange amber with texture and slight powdery quality, and I love it. The next time I found it in store I got it straight away, will be using sparingly because the price is over my budget.

happyscent
happyscent

L'ambre des Merveilles - a flanker of des merveilles since I was thinking of getting a bottle for this; but I think this is better than the original one I smelled; its sweet and salty, smelling this makes my mouth water because of the saltiness

crescentsho
crescentsho

LOVE! very lovely fragrance,warm,not overly sweet. This one is the best amber fragrance that I had tried.No citrus,perfect amber-vanilla-balsamic combination.

lorensiuswlt
lorensiuswlt

Sweet, warm & cozy, perfect for dating or special moments in the evening, night. Superb projection, silage and longevity. On of my favorite vanilla amber fragance. Kudos L'Ambre...

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و ادب
کاری خیلی خوب از شرکت هرمس که با ادکلن عالی و پر فروش "تق" مردانه اش در دنیا و ایران معروفیتی دو چندان برای خود کسب نمود.
همانطور که از اسمش هم پیداست رایحه غالب آن عنبر می باشد و نت قوی وانیل به همراه گل لادن و نعنای هندی کاری بس ارزنده فراهم آورده است.
تلخی کار با مقدار کمی شیرینی! با هم تلفیق شده اند تا رایحه ای جذاب را به ارمغان آورند.
جذاب و کلاسیک
تلخ و کمی شیرین
با دوام و پخش بوی خوب
جهت فصول سرد سال مناسب است
با تقدیم احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

For some reason I have neglected to review Hermès L'Ambre des Merveilles, though I have owned it for more than a year and worn it several times. When I first received a bottle, I was surprised by the subtlety of the scent since perfumes with the word 'amber' in their names are often fairly heavy and intense affairs.

Instead L'Ambre des Merveilles is a true flanker of its namesake, which is a rather light and subtle orange and vanilla-dusted woody scent. Here the amber is like a shimmer of gold dust and the citrus has been toned down. The bottle is a perfect reflection of its contents: golden sparkles and gold hardware, but the shape and transparent glass are the same.

Despite the winter-ready notes listed for L'Ambre des Merveilles--patchouli, amber, vanilla, and labdanum--the overall effect is quite light. Light but not weak or dilute (as self-contradictory as that may seem!). The sillage is subtle, but the longevity is surprisingly good.

This composition is one of the only amber-centric creations which I find wearable in hot weather, but it's just as nice on a day like today, with a current temperature (at noon) of 9F, "feels like -9F". I was debating whether to go for a walk this afternoon. Looks as though I'd do better to brew up a pot of tea and take a hot bath!

id
id

Very warm, cozy and sensual. A great pleasure to wear it. But it doesn't remind me Eau Claire des Merveilles at all. L'Ambre is much more sweet and I get lots of vanilla wrapped in a dominant note of amber. Perfect for a cold weather, but as for my personal taste, I'll stay with Elixir Des Merveilles.

mihaela01
mihaela01

This is the first Hermes I try and it is lovely,warm,romantic,woody-amber-vanilla,it smells expensive...and so it is.I am glad I found it although my wallet isn t.

claudia26
claudia26

I LOVE this perfume, it is wonderful.
I would like to say that the official Hermes site tells us that this is a fragrance for women, not unisex.

Annushkalove
Annushkalove

I am not good in describing scents. I only know I love this one.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Wonderful! A fantastic autumn/winter scent. Lasts for 8hrs+. This is what amber should smell like, cozy, unisex, grown-up (without being a 'mature' scent) and sensual at the same time. Not too sweet on me, not too powdery either. I've tried quite a lot of amber fragrances and none really seduced me as much as this one.

I'm actually really happy to have found this gem, I've had this undescriptive craving for something exactly like this - I don't think I can explain it, but I will try! I've been looking for a seductive, warm fragrance like EXACTLY this one. Not a 'noir' winter scent, not a sweet fruit bomb, not a leather scent, nothing like Addict or Alien, wasn't looking for anything vintage, retro, oriental, mature or full of oud. L'Ambre falls right into that diffucult category on the marked, got it just when I was just about to give up on finding my perfect, warm scent. Well done, Hermes!

jhitt793
jhitt793

Comparatively speaking, Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles seems to be conceptually an entirely different fragrance (as opposed to a mundane flanker) from its original scent Eau des Merveilles. Of course, each were produced by separate fragrance artists. This rendering, which was masterfully conceived by Jean-Claude Ellena (one of my favorites) seems to shout where the other whispered. Where as the common denominator between each fragrance is amber, here the amber is vanillic and gourmand in composition as opposed to the soft, powdery and sparkling amber of Eau des Merveilles. Both can easily be considered unisex, though I believe L'Ambre has somewhat of a more masculine edge. The inclusion of labdanum here grounds the scent with an earthy and ambergris-like quality, imposing upon it a darker sensuality. Seems perfect for Fall/Winter nights, whereas Eau de Merveilles could be enjoyed during the day. (94)

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This is very sweet, almost entirely amber, vanilla, and labdanum. I don't get any patchouli. It reminds me of molasses cookies in a way- perhaps that's the syrupy feel of the resins. This is unquestionably a winter scent. Moderate sillage, so you don't need to apply TOO much of it. I prefer Eau Des Merveilles to this one just on the basis of the sweetness of this scent. This fragrance is certainly very different; almost a gourmand but not quite. I like it, but not enough to spring for the full bottle. Being as the company kindly sent me a sample, I'll be wearing that this winter until it runs out.

kris919
kris919

This starts out nice enough, it's a little sweet and you get some amber. It's like a diet version of Elixir without the orange and the caramel note. But very soon after it turns into a super powdery amber with lots of buttery vanilla. The powdery aspect is what I really dislike in this and it's very strong. Luckily at drydown everything mellows out and blends better, so the whole thing becomes nicer to me. So basically I like the opening and I like the drydown, but I really dislike the middle and the middle lasts for a long time so...I'm on the fence with this one. longevity is great, sillage is good.

sameera
sameera

عطر رائع و مميز يختلف عن بقية العطور ،، يناديك بحب ورشاقه ؛)

raw umber
raw umber

L'Ambre des Merveilles is a buttery sweet-salty amber patchouli. My sister says it reminds her of the tumbled rocks in the gift shop at the Museum of Natural History.

The amber note in L'Ambre des Merveilles is golden and very sweet but with a powdery aspect that reminds me a little of cinnamon chewing gum. The earthy quality of the patchouli makes this fragrance transparent but quite rich, with very good projection and staying power. I think it would do best in cooler weather.

There is something fresh on top of the super ambery/earthy sweetness, but I have to say, if this was the only amber I had ever experienced, I would probably believe I wasn't an amber person. Though I love sweet perfumes, I prefer amber to be a little less sweet than this. ...Or a lot less.

Since I know that amber frags come in many styles, I maintain my love for the note, but this just isn't my thing, though I am coveting my sample from the lovely Vie Cafe.

Germany
Germany

L' ambre des Mervilles for women and men is incredible edible!!! Falls into the oriental vanilla group and is definitely more feminine then masculine. In fact I find it quite feminine soft warm and aromatic. It's an amber vanilla resin scent with orange all the way through. The lovely Patchouli keeps this from being a Young scent, making this very sophisticated and grown up. I only have a sample but this one will go on my #1 Wish List!!!

love45
love45

OMG!!!!!!!!! This is DELICIOUS! Can you tell how much I love it?!lol The vanilla and the amber in this baby are just incredible! Those are the notes I smell the most. This perfume is a masterpiece and I think it is a gourmand scent which I love. It is super long-lasting...I used only 1 spray and I could smell it on me hours later! It is amazing and I totally recommend! ;) ;)

aiobhan
aiobhan

First spray: Carmel, amber. Very burnt-sugary and resin-y.

Drydown: The carmel notes linger and the amber warms, losing the woodsy notes behind it.

After a few hours: The carmel and amber hold the scent, but deeper, almost chocolatey notes come through.

I love this as an oriental/gourmand fragrance. A beautiful amber perfume, on the sweeter side.

Gia713
Gia713

What a perfume. Beautiful, but not banal. Interesing but not weird. Sweet but not candy. Salty but not like sweat. Wanilla but not cheap. It is like Addict mixed with Eau Des Merveilles - the synergie is better then both those scents separately. Sexy and elegant, good for the day and the evening. Like vanilla on the beach, wet from salty waves. Can be recommended for nishe and mainstream users, cause it's an universal beauty :)

Evengelia
Evengelia

Thank you Hermes for your packaging trickery as i have made the most wonderful mistake of my life.

Picked up yesterday what i thought was my usual Elixir Des Merveilles....when i got home i going gah gah over the lovely new luxurious gold detailing on the bottle and as i held the bottle up close...L-Am-breee??? WHAT!

I picked up the wrong perfume. But alas, my first spray was nothing less than heavenly.

The opening is creamy spiced amber just lifts so beautifully in its first few hours, then i got this delicious orange creamsicle with a yummy kick of super soft patchouli.

In the dry down and in its final hours its similar to me as Elixir Des Mervellies, in the way that its sweet and warm and vanillary, only this is slightly more powdery. So beautiful and cozy.

Perfect for winter when youre wrapped up in a wool coat and leather gloves and with this on the skin warming up under your warm clothes, the scent that spiralls off you is just dreamy.

L'Ambre des Merveilles was a difficult one to track down in Melbourne. It was released late last year, but as it was Summer at the time, it disappeared from the shelves only to be re-released a few weeks ago during the midst of Winter. I can see why it went unnoticed during the heatwave, it's a Winter scent through and through.

Amber, labdanum and vanilla are three of my favourite notes for the cooler weather. This fragrance is rich, smooth and elegant. It smells expensive, and I dare say, it is.

I would say that L'Ambre des Merveilles is the easiest to like out of this fragrance series. I am not surprised to see so many loves for this one. It is indeed quite warm and sensual on the skin.

What I like most about L'Ambre des Merveilles is its lack of sweetness. It's a grown-up amber scent, minus all those sugary additives that perfumers often experiment with. Even the vanilla accord is tame and creamy without being sweet.

I found L'Ambre des Merveilles to sit fairly close to the skin, making it quite an intimate fragrance. It could work for a date or when going out to dinner with friends; essentially a fragrance for any place where you don't want an obtrusive fragrance to ruin your evening.

The search was definitely worth it. I highly recommend this recent Hermes flanker.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

I personally adore this perfume as i totally adore vanilla-amber sweet fragrances, specially if they are powdery, and this one is.

However i must admit that this is not a masterpiece, not refined, not elegant. It is a pretty simple bunch of dense candy sweet vanilla and super dense amber. There are no other notes to balance the sweetnes, just some patchouly at the begining that gives an incensy touch to it, tho it quickly fades.

The drydown is suuper warm, softening slightly th scent altho it keeps the powderiness, the warmth and the sweetnes. It makes it way less boozy and way more wereable and enjoyable.

Also it can be easily overwhelming, so use it with light hand!

I perdonally find Elixir de Merveilles a better done, more complex, more elegant scent; my fav of the line, but i really like this one and consider it a great add to my colleciton

Axum
Axum

This one has received many good reviews, but unless you are very, very keen on amber-vanilla sweetness, you will probably prefer the original version of l'Eau des Merveilles, which has a noticable amber aspect as well, but is more balanced and sparkling, and therefore easier to wear.

Délicieux
Délicieux

Can a fragrance be both fizzy and effervescent while still managing to exude a deep, smoldering warmth? I'm amazed to say, yes it can. L'Ambre des Merveilles has achieved this rare balancing act with ease. It's cozy, yet completely elegant. Something you could wear on a rainy day to snuggle up on the sofa or for a night out on the town. Not powdery at all on me (which I'm quite pleased about). The vanilla and amber notes are dreamy and sweet, but not too sweet. Still sophisticated. Long lasting too. Around 9 hours on my skin. The dry down is worth waiting for. Love!

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I love this fragrance and it was so familiar to me. All day I kept saying this is so similiar to something that I have. The warmth, vanilla almost caramel to me and then it dawned on me it just like M.Micallef's Mon Parfum! Which I totally love. I am loving the balmy vanilla not so much amber, but when it dries I can smell the hint of ptchouli. I really enjoy this and since its very similar to Mon I will probally decant this bottle to friends!

dbrii24
dbrii24

This has much more powder than I initially suspected. I'm a fan of powdery scents but not done like this... it's almost overpowering. The poor notes in the background are struggling to be heard. I'll pass.

Dimitra79
Dimitra79

This is my winter dream!...
It's sweeter and more gentle than elixir, personally I prefer it. Actually, I find l'ambre absolutely perfect.
Warm, feminine, approachable but not easy, pleasant but not conventional, a real challenge.
Lovely and addictive!

suhaesa
suhaesa

now this is bliss..i know that some might call it way too unrefined or vulgar..or way too rugged..but i find beauty beneath all that ..its a strong perfume..not an easy light one.. carrying a whole lot of the worlds most mysterious.. and mythical accords.. its not as easy as it may sound to combine such strong notes.. yet come up with a faintly soft.. spicy.. oriental.. medley..
its a beautiful connotation of amber.. spices.. and vanilla .. patchouli..a bit animalic.. powdery.. its my territory.. where i feel home ..not so home.. maybe the home next door.. where i always felt more comfortable.. anyway ..and by home i mean country or even continent..
the perfume its self is sensuale.. rustic.. ethnic..tribal.. its animalic.. is a bit offensive for the untrained nose ..but it mellows down.. and dries down.. to the most wonderful.. woodsy.. ambery..subtle resinous.. mastic ..even some luban is there ..in the beginning you can smell each accord distinctly.. but then it envelops your senses.. and becomes one with you and your skin seems to dwell in it.. i think its a skin sent.. and it depends on you if such accords play for you ..but if they do you will be on your way to heaven if you are not already there...
something about it is so serene ..so calming.. and cozy..its perfect for meditation.. or prayer..or even to go to sleep in .. just one drop is more than enough to assure you a good nights sleep..its balmy.. mellow yet agile..full and round yet not over bearing..
i still dont have a long history with it nor did i have a fling or an affair but i have found it facinaitting for a while now and now its all mine i hope it will stand my love test for its very stringent..

edp 100 ml
perfume ratting 4.4 or 4.5
bottle ratting 4.4 out 5
my personal liking ratting 4.3 or 4.4

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this light ,creamy ,amber vanilla spicy fragrance...great for end of summer and start of fall...also good for summer nights for a special sexy night out....really easy scent for amber lovers..sexy!

lcommisso
lcommisso

I desperately wanted to adore this fragrance. I kept going back to smell it, but something was stopping me from pulling out my credit card to seal the deal. Finally, with the help of my husband who hates most fragrances (it is depressing), he identified what was the issue. It smells like a prettier version of Pinxav, which is commonly used to treat rashes.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I loooove this! Warm, smooth, sexy amber with just enough vanilla and slight sweetness to keep it from being too masculine. Also, the lasting power is AMAZING! My skin usually sucks up scent within a few hours, but I put this on before going to work today and I could still smell it 8 hours later! This is going on the favorites shelf :)

LittleDragonette
LittleDragonette

Amber has a reputation of being the warmth in the room. The guest at the party that has the uncanny ability of bringing everyone together; smoothly rounding out other guests' sharper edges and making sure everyone gets along. In L'Ambre des Merveilles, she is the life of the party. Effervescent and shining, with a dry crisp wit that warms you at your heart with a wink. More like the sudden and welcome warmth of the sun on the back of your neck on a chilly patio. This is like Amber champagne. And I love champagne!

charmedbella
charmedbella

When I was on my search for an amber fragrance, I came across L'Ambre des Merveilles. I bought this online without testing it. I was nervous. It's expensive and to buy this without testing it was a big risk.

I was pleasantly surprised. On me, it's a sweet, boozy, buttery fragrance. The vanilla is devine and combined with the amber, it creates a buttery-almond scent that is great. This is effervescent and warm at the same time.

I find this to be a lovely perfume for daily wear, it would work well as an office fragrance. It's not overpowering or explicit. This is a sweeter, lighter, brighter amber.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Is it wrong to call every ambery-caramely fragrance Shalimar-ish or Shalimar-esque?
But when the fragrances share some important pieces of their DNA, why not?
I am fond of a nice caramel accord that is so cleanly presented in Prada Candy EDP. It's like Candy gives you the opportunity to experience what Shalimar without all other ingridients would be. And it's quite nice experience for me.
Seems that in L’Ambre des Merveilles Hermes the caramel accord is being muffled with a very very musky amber that is probably the reason for that strongly popcornish aspect of that caramel accord that lingers on my clothes long after application. Or, may be it's the patchouli that does not sit well with caramel, adding smokiness to it.
This is not a successful combination in my veiw.

Eau de Merveilles is just a watered down ("clean") version of L’Ambre des Merveilles Hermes where the popcornish effect is predominant.

alicey
alicey

I love this fragrance. It is so comfortable and easy to wear. When the orange tones down a bit during the drydown process, a most delightful vanilla and smooth amber takes hold. There is something very girl-next-doorish about L'ambre.

I'm reminded of Shalimar with its citrus, vanilla and amber notes. But in L'ambre, there is no dirty raunchiness. It's very clean and effervescent albeit sensual fun.

After all, we can't all smell like Mrs. Robinson all of the time.

alanood
alanood

classy alegant unesex perfum and very unique , dffrent frome the eau dis marveilles line wich was all about oranges . this one is about one of the best amber scents tha you will ever came acros .I wold say a clean amber .I like both this and orignal eu dis merveilles .

spumyland
spumyland

mmmm...dolce...troppo per un ometto anche se di larghe vedute...
mi viene in mente hypotic poison con un aroma di arancia nelle prime 2 ore.poi si attacca e si mantiene a lungo buonissimo & un po' piu' DIRTY!
E' buono.
sulla mia pelle ci sta' cmq bene ma su una signora e' meglio!

E' da sera quando si fanno le ore piccole..
preferibilmente dopo cena.

..quando sei a tavola il dolce durante un primo non ci lega mai bene..

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love the way this smells off the sprayer, and also in the top notes, where I think I am smelling the vanilla and patchouli, but the amber in the dry-down becomes buttery and that part feels suffocating to me. I feel more comfortable in woody, boozy ambers.

Beypazari
Beypazari

The amber note is very sensual, like a lover who gently knocks your bedroom door with sheer determination in mind

Norgirl
Norgirl

I so so love this beauty .the ambery warmth and the fresh orange is a delight to wear. it is IMO almost like sour orange candy whit just enough amount off vanilla .its clean , fresh and comforting. it has a seartne powdery sweet feal to it .. almost like a mashmellowy feal.The patcholie makes it a bit don to earth ,otherwise thi could have brought me straight to the moon ;)..
Its now january and very could outside. This scent warms me up whit its almost sunny feal.
To me its feminin but i could see this working for a guy aswell. But IMO tested on my skin its more feminin the masculin..
I was so shure that none off this Merveilles could work for me .. I think i got a samples ones off the merveilles elixir that was ruined or somthing and dismissed it totaly . But then got a chance to test the eau de Merveilles . Just to discover that this perfumes infact was just up my alley .. i love them
The almost sweet smokey vanilla lifts the original merveilles up to new sensual hights ..
This was instent love for me

pisces3774
pisces3774

I am totally in love! I usually don't care for amber OR vanilla perfumes, but this is by far an exception. I get a slightly orang peel opening (though there isn't an orange note listed), followed by a dry salted-caramel effect. The dry down is dry and radiant amber, not heavy and cloying. There is an herbal/saltiness to it that keeps it from being too sweet.

Omg! L'Ambre des Merveilles is a jewel!
I tried it already 3-4 times from testers and I thought it would be a perfectly placed addition to my winter collection, but no, I won't buy it now for money reasons.
Anyway, I can say I love it and it doesn't happen very often with perfumes!
I usually don't wear Hermes' fragrances because thet don't match with my chemistry. They become sour and sad.
In this case it's completely opposite effect!
L'AdM sits graciously on my skin at first then fuse with it and gives a special amber vibe, warm and smooth. It lasts for many hours. I love it.
Compared to other ambers is intense yet soft and not acrid. Some ambers are nose-piercing with acute notes, or too incensey or too talcum-like (Prada) or cold (Reminiscence) or too woody (Etro) or too vanillic sweet&fake (like L'Occitane, which I like and Labdanum de Seville even better)
This amber from Hermes is the perfect balanced rounded amber.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I've owned this fragrance for a month and waited to submit my review until I grew to know the scent better. After all is said and done, my original impression remains the same; this is a warm, sunny, luminous, sheer and very balanced amber/vanilla scent that I love to wear, day or night. The amber is not too sweet, not too dry, really falls right in the middle of the spectrum. It wraps me in its gentle embrace and I walk through my day feeling beautiful and loved. Amazing how fragrance can set the tone for your day. I don't pick up patchouli, rather a woody note that's very warm and pleasing. This is not a flanker for Eau de Merveilles, it's a distinct creation that is absolutely beautiful. And much easier to wear than the more assertive E. de M. with its' salty-orange notes.

Highly recommended. Longevity is about 7-8 hours on me, sillage moderate. Could work for either male or female but it leans to the feminine side in my opinion.

This has become a staple in my wardrobe. Truly warm and memorable. A fine fall/winter fragrance

farah saeed
farah saeed

عطر الفخامة وبس،، شي راقي لأبعد الحدووود

Lebaneseperfumelover
Lebaneseperfumelover

I adore this perfume from the elegant and charming bottle to the softness and femininity of the perfume. It is a warm, smooth, sensual fragrance in my opinion. I don't see it as a fragrance for men at all as it is quite sweet and floral. It's one of my top favourites, simply gorgeous.

I think it's a quality amber, not synthetic smelling, but I personally find it awfully flat. It seems to need more depth, more spice, more something or other to bring it out. I guess after Prada's Amber, nothing else can compare in my eyes. I also much prefer L'Occitane's Amber. I love Elixir des Merveilles, but since I find all of the other Merveilles quite dull, I am not really surprised that this one bores me too.

Eos
Eos

This is not what I expected. Looking at the notes I thought it was going actually smell like amber. That's not what I got at all. Sprayed on my skin I got the familiar salty-orangey opening. From there it quickly got sweeter and fruitier!? Indistinct fruity powder notes filled out the rest of the wear time, no labdanum and no patchouli. I am a huge fan of the rest of the line but this is a let down. I'm so glad I didn't blind buy this.

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

love it, but no orgasm at all, repeat of the lots that Hermes had previously, bit sweeter...no harm, only love

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

better than ambre sultan and prada ambers, this is one amazing amber, my favorite in a total of 30 perfumes ive tried today, my second favorite of the day is elixir des merveilles classy well done and good quality these do not smell like cheapies, just wow

lafefe
lafefe

To me it's just a classy, quite sweet amber, nothing special, nothing new.

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

sweet classy .lovely . unique

da_markos
da_markos

I can agree with Agnieszka. For me is a great mix of Eau Claire and Elixir. It's smooth, deep, warm and happymaker fragrance.
It's very rare that 4th scent of one family is as great as others. Ellena done this again. He was given masterpiece (Eau des Merveilles) and he manage to do marvelous variations - not one time, even two time. This is 3rd flanker which has family roots and in the same time unique soul.

agnieszka1970
agnieszka1970

As I like all merveilles version, I really loved this one. For me, it's a mix of elixir and dry vanilla (like Un bois Vanille SL). It's my must-have :-)

auroramaria
auroramaria

What a lovely scent this is!This is the best of the original Merveilles and gorgeous amber.
The amber in this is very smooth, warm, creamy just beautiful| Absolutely unisex, actually maybe a little more masculine then feminine.
I find this scent like a hug in a bottle!
Beware could be addictive.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

What we're dealing with here is a friendly giant. Remarkable projection, sillage and irrefutable longevity... yet, it remains smooth and pleasant throughout the L'Ambre des Merveilles experience. This is a different kind of amber. No spicy, resinous tones or faint body odor effect. Only a thick haze of warm amber, delicate vanilla and suave labdanum. In the shadow of this fragrance lies the Hermes Merveilles signature vetiver. Although patchouli is listed in it's place, it is quite noticeable. This is not only my favorite Merveilles, but now one out of many scents in my collection I favor most, as I find it addictive and very calming.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is very lovely. A sweet vanillic amber, this has projection, without being overbearing, and it has a thick, viscous quality to it without being very heavy. Notes blended well indeed. This I think replaces Eau Claire des Merveilles as my favourite of the Hermes line, as Claire is beautiful excepting for being a little dusty. And this has wonderful staying power too. Very enjoyable fragrance. It's tempting for sure.

mysticalblaze
mysticalblaze

I totally love this perfume. Its warm, creamy and sexy. Can't wait to get my hands on a full bottle.

EloiseIsMyDog
EloiseIsMyDog

This fragrance is androgynous, not unisex. It's not at all masculine, yet not very feminine. It's sensual and savory. I only regret that it was not available as a body creme at the time I purchased it. I may have to whip up my own body creme. Fragrances like these beg to be rubbed onto your buttocks to radiate whenever you sit, stand, and walk.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I'm an amber addict, that's for sure. So I was very excited when I saw this. But when I smelled it, beh, nothing special. It's not really worth the price.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I have a hard time with both the original and elixir because I find them a bit too masculine for me. I do like eau claire, but I could barely smell it. Now, this one is perfection..

You can definitely tell it's part of the merveilles family, but it's creamier and sweeter with a strong vanilla/amber base. To my nose, it's also much more feminine than both eau des merveilles, and elixir. Lasting power is excellent, and I caught strong whiffs of the fragrance from just one spray on my wrist. It's still almost 100 degrees here, and this fragrance actually worked in the heat. I can only imagine it would be amazing when it cools down! I'm definitely purchasing this one..

Majesty
Majesty

Overly unimpressed by L'Ambre des Merveilles.To me is an intense version of Eau Claire des Merveilles. I am getting strong vanilla and caramel,must be the vanilla-amber combination.Reminds me of butter caramels!Really sweet and flat on me,doesn't change a lot.I expected a strong,smoky amber while L'Ambre is more on the gourmand side. Nothing like the original!Lasting power is below average.

Demoiselle
Demoiselle

I owned Eau des Merveilles a couple of years ago, and gave it away as it wasn't my kind of scent. But I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It's sweet but in a warm and faintly spicy manner. One strong spray on my wrist lasted for quite a few hours (although not as long lasting as 24 Faubourg, which I'd sprayed on my other wrist). It's really pleasant - neither overpowering, in your face, or a scent that tries to be aloof; it conveys a sense of inner warmth. The sort of scent that makes you want to hug someone so you can breathe it in further.

Amal Elyahyaoui
Amal Elyahyaoui

what I love in Hermes fragrances is its uniqueness.... the perfum is very warm, creamy, dreamy ... perfect for nights and romantic dinners!

hessa71
hessa71

I tried it yesterday, I will try to be fair cos its my first trial, I lllllllllloved the original one but this one I thougt its fruitchuly cos I smelled a fruity note, now reading the notes it doesnt have fruit note so I think the amber is too sweet & syrupy to my taste. I still love the original one its my 4th bottle & I will hold to it.

maxine.martin.399
maxine.martin.399

Warm , sweet and wintry, will definitely buy it.

mudpach
mudpach

I'd tried in Zürich, Hermes shop, and I love it! So creamly, warm and spicy fragrance, I don't think that is unisex, it's better for woman.
I'll buy a bottle!

mylancome
mylancome

It means you guys/gals are lucky to see and try the perfume first hand before the official launch.

lolagizmo5
lolagizmo5

the bottle is to die for and the fragrance is so warm, perfect for the Autumn and winter months. initially it does smell very similar to eau des merveilles and hours later smells more like elixir, but still amazing it its own right. did I mention the amzing bottle???

George K.
George K.

L'Amber des merveilles is warm and sensual.An eau de parfum that is mysterious with woody-amber notes. A modern oriental perfume with marine,tobacco and vanilla, a sensual pleasure!

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

So apparently the original "L'Eau des Merveilles" was supposed to be an accurate rendition of natural ambergris. And now this one is what ? , supposed to be even more "ambery" than the first ??
Still, I do think it's sounding good nevertheless, as I've a weakness for all things amber/ambergris. ~ Looking forward to it, and hope it's even better than the first.

amber82
amber82

massive want!

L’Ambre des Merveilles by Hermes 4.19 out of 5 based on 579 ratings and 80 user reviews

Hermes L'Ambre Des Merveilles Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
HERMES L'Ambre des Merveilles 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
L'AMBRE DES MERVEILLES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
L'AMBRE DES MERVEILLES for WOMEN by Hermes EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
EDP Mini 3.3oz
L'AMBRE DES MERVEILLES for WOMEN by Hermes SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 1.4 OZ SHOWER GEL 1.4 OZ EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .5 OZ MINI
Hermes L'Ambre Des Merveilles Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Hermes L'Ambre Des Merveilles Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles - Eau de parfum 3.3 oz
Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles - Eau de parfum 3.3 oz
Eau De Parfum
Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles - Eau de parfum
Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles - Eau de parfum

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes L’Ambre des Merveilles fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes L’Ambre des Merveilles, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Ambre des Merveilles by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Ambre des Merveilles by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.