Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Parfum d`Hermes Hermes for women
dislike

smoky
Parfum d`Hermes Hermes for women Pictures

Rouge Hermès: created by Akiko Kamei in 1984, the fragrance was known as Parfum d’Hermès. Reinterpreted in 2000 and renamed Rouge Hermès, the emblematic colour of the House, this semi-oriental floral amber is the very essence of sophistication. One easily recognises in its afternote, unforgettable for its richness as well as for the mastery of its composition, the mark of one of perfume’s all-time grand classics.

Aldehydes Galbanum Hiacynth Bergamot

iris Ylang-Ylang Bulgarian Rose Egyptian Jasmine

Spices Sandalwood Amber Vanilla Vetiver Incense Cedar Myrrh

Chamade
Celadon

Parfum d`Hermes Fragrance Reviews

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Of course Parfum d'Hermès deserves a better review, but for now, all I have to say is:

It is lovely, lovely, lovely!

It surpassed all my expectations.

pbluberry
pbluberry

I love it initially but then it ended up smelling like moth balls for some reason. I am very sad, it doesn't work well on my body chemistry. It's so beautiful until it hits my skin. So unfortunate...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Crisp, zesty citrus and aldehydes; strong at first but soon enough it's true beauty emerges. Kinda like this one. It's different. Roses with incense and myrrh are wrapped well together, giving smoky rose and resins aura that smells so good! The fragrance is a thing of beauty.
Long lasting and notch up heavy!

fanny
fanny

Love at fist whiff.
How I wish I had met this particular Hermes sooner.
A vivid scent which stands out in a crowd, never minding what time, nor age anyone is living in.

Classy, crisp, yet quite velvety, like a legendary beauty.

Edit 2nd of sept. '12
Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger is a relative

K1
K1

A flashback to the dates I was born.
It surprised me, all in a sudden at the first sniff rang a bell to one of my relatives who used to wear it. It opens in pure musky and floral way which presents an exact chypre theme. It's not offensive though it's soapy and deeply floral, but better to not over-apply cause it's sweet and can give headache. It's tender, soft and mossy and bitter a bit in the base, so romantic and so teeny matured.
Nowadays, it can be unisex easily. Reminds me Jovan Musk men and Stetson by Coty.
Lasts perfectly on the skin.

Miss_J
Miss_J

OMG! I'm surprised that this perfume doesn't get too many reviews!! I had the old bottle one...this perfume is the embodiment of feminine sophistication! It's a soft,powdery floral scent,although I did get the aldehyde,unlike caleche, it's a very subtle aldehyde and it blends really well with the jasmine and hyacinth notes. I love the classy vintage bottle. Staying power is excellent & sillage is good.I really want to repurchase but I'm still searching for the right price :D. If you like to smell classy,feminine & sophisticated,you should try Parfum D'hermes.

Mmmm!!!! I like this! So sophisticated and elegant! It smells like a true lady! Leather notes are very strong here. AFter a while all I smell is good leather and I'm not even a fan of leathery scents!
Many Hermes don't work well on my skin. They are beautiful fragrances but not always suitable to my chemistry. I could test Parfum d'Hermes in a old perfumery shop where they have all the big ones from the past and I was enchanted! I don't really see the difference between this one and Rouge which I also like.
This is warm, enveloping, ultra-class, full of nuances and very feminine. Nothing to do with latest flat scents. It could be a little difficult to sport around, but so deeply satisfying!
I see a beautiful, elegant young lady all dressed in design clothes in the style of Grace Kelly when I smell Parfum d'Hermes. Sophisticated is the word and at the same time there is an approachable feeling in this scent. Distant but warm.
The staying power is very good and the bottle is pure class too!

glitteralex
glitteralex

The 1980s Chypre fragrances are by far my favorites. In the early part of that decade, perfume houses took the previously strict parameters of the Chypre family and blew them up. New- and always bold- designs were built upon the traditional Chypre chassis of bergamot, a classic floral meritage, and resinous or animalic moss. On the scene arrived such unlikely stars as the resinous, heavy fruit notes of Talisman by Balenciage, the outrageous ylang-ylang of banana in L'Arte de Gucci by Gucci and Pour un Femme by Caron, the brazen rose note in Rose Cardin by Pierre Cardin, peaty smoke as in original Versace for women, the spicy woody interpretation of original Fendi for women, the animal in Paloma Picasso (spicy) and La Nuit by Rabanne (straight up)...I could go on and on.

Parfum d'Hermes does not shout as loud as the exemplary scents above; it is a sleeper, the classy older sister who gets the good husband. She and sibling scent Ysatis (Givenchy, 1984, by Dominique Rompion) are modern executions of traditional chypre ingredients.

What I enjoy most about this perfume is the beguiling top- the aldehydes are paired not just with the usual bergamot, but also with the cloying sweetness of the hyacinth playing against the strong, green, spicy, woody Galbanum. It's like an entire composition in just 5 minutes. After this blazing entrance, Parfum d'Hermes calms down significantly and enters a classic floral heart with powdery jasmine atop a subtle velvet of iris. The rose is very quiet-it must be Damascan absolute, not a synthetic- and makes a discreet appearance only after 20 minutes. Both the character and the strength of the notes become quite modest, in contrast to the top. Half an hour in, one hardly notices the seamless transition into the warm, woody incense base, with a restrained vanilla note. While sillage lessens considerably, the longevity of this scent remains excellent, due most certainly to the fine ingredients.

My one criticism of this perfume: while I adore the top, it is out of balance with the much more restrained heart and base. Sort of like realizing you have been talking too loudly at a dinner, and trying to compensate by assuming a polite and softspoken demeanor. No matter how hard you try, no one will forget your first impression.

raverdudes
raverdudes

Warm, powdery, gently aldehydic, classic. I have a little bottle of parfum and have only worn it once. Very nice, but I'm not lovestruck.

Notes, as best as I could gather: aldehydes, bergamot, hyacinth, egyptian jasmine, Florentine iris, ylang-ylang, bulgarian rose, labdanum, cedarwood, musk, amber, spices, vanilla.

F_A
F_A

First thing that made me go and sniff this fragrance was the bottle. I find it amazingly attractive!

Parfum d`Hermes is a very rich and warm fragrance with a vintage touch. In the beginning it is very flowery on my skin, I can clearly smell a little sharp smell of hiacynths and aldehydes mixed with sultry jasmines, then as the time goes by, it calms down and becomes woody, powdery and soft, creating a warm cloud all around you.

Parfum d`Hermes is indeed an elegant and cosy scent, from my point of view, perfect for a strong and self confident woman who is very romantic in her heart :)

The staying power is very good.

Parfum d`Hermes by Hermes 3.96 out of 5 based on 76 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Parfum d`Hermes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Parfum d`Hermes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parfum d`Hermes by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parfum d`Hermes by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.