Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Rocabar Hermes for men

Rocabar Hermes for men
dislike

Rocabar Hermes for men Pictures Rocabar Hermes for men Pictures Rocabar Hermes for men Pictures Rocabar Hermes for men Pictures Rocabar Hermes for men Pictures

Rocabar: the name a contraction of “rug” and “à barres” (striped in French), this masculine perfume is inspired by the traditional saffron colored, red and blue striped horse blankets manufactured in Hermès’ saddlery workshops. Signed by Gilles Romey in 1998, the perfume reveals its strongest facets in woody, balm and resin top notes, ending on a spicy signature note of cypress.

Coriander Juniper Cedar Essence Bergamot Lemon

Carnation Violet Italian Cypress Cedar Cardamom

Patchouli Benzoin Oakmoss Canada Balsam Vanilla

Rocabar Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Finally a recent vintage which I truly dislike. Citrus-green opening with mint notes, pepper (and perhaps red pepper too?), sandalwood, juniper, carnation (a lot), resins, cardamom, rooty hints of orris... shortly quite a loud, sweet, dense fragrance based on woods-spices-flowers which gives me two contrasting feelings: cloying and generic. It smells like an early 2000s designer, but topped with a discomforting dose of confusion. Not a powerhouse, but just "too much" the same. One of the worst masculine Hermès for me (I don't know the more recent version).

silentman26
silentman26

Original and timeless. Spicy, woody and sweet. An explosion of benzoin, pine/fir needles, woods and spices. A hint of vanilla. A subtle beast. Mind blowing projection. Radiates amazingly from the skin. A special scent, one of the best i've ever wore. A classic masterpiece.

ShaverX
ShaverX

Absolute classic

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

They've changed the bottle and they have reformulated it!
This has shades of the old Rocabar but lacks the wow factor that it used to possess.
It's still very nice and woody, spicy and sweet, but a shadow of its former self. Such a shame!

Bugsbunny
Bugsbunny

I got a flat old bottle yesterday. It is a tester. The batch code is 7BAEW.
I payd it only 35$. Can you believe it?
I can't believe it aither. Now i become suspicious.
I haven't tryed it before, but anyway it smells amazing.
I tried it yesterday and today too. I last on my skin about 7 hours. Generaly fragrances don't last that long on me. The only ones that give me that longevity are Versace L'Homme and DHI. The bottle is very very refined and elegant. The sprayer has the same colour as the cap. The cap is metallic on the outaide and has a dark gray circle around that shines. The writing ROCABAR HERMES PARIS is very refined too and has the same colour as the circle around the cap. I would very much want it to be original. Can anyone help me?
Well, even if it is a copy, like i said before, it smells amazing and it's well worth 35$.
The seller told me that in 7 years noone asked him about this bottle!!!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Rocabar is just cozy and sensual and masculine. There's a lot of integrity in the ingredients and the composition is masterful. And quite frankly, it's the finest that I've experienced from Hermes.

In a modern perfume world full of avante garde creations and unfulfilled marketing promises, Rocabar quietly steps up and delivers. He is the kind gentleman who opens the door with genuine courtesy without the need to be thanked--the man who every woman secretly knows she should have married. The one she can make unintimidating yet intense eye contact with.

Opening briefly with a classic aftershave note of lemon and sharp bergamot, coriander and evergreens then quickly make themselves known. Most discernible is cypress with its sweet lemon-balm perennial vibe. Then a little blue/green hue with juniper and carnation stems.

Rocabar eventually dries down into glorious, radiant repose. Soft, balsamic honey/vanilla/hay-like benzoin, gently spiced and slightly bitter green cardamon, diffusive cypress, a touch of cool, majestic cedar and a just a swatch of cozy patchouli.

Rocabar is uncompromisingly beautiful, polished, enigmatic and heart-warming. The strong, silent type with wisdom in his eyes and a dazzling smile.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This opens very soft and spicy with a lemon tinge around it's edges. It then becomes more piney, woody and green with a slight sweetness. This sweetness becomes more pronounced in the drydown.

This scent is very bland and dull that most of the time I hardly was aware I was wearing a scent. There is just nothing distinctive about this scent, nothing stands out in anyway.

To sum up a very bland soft spicy green woody scent with a dose of sweetness in the basenotes.

Blutengel
Blutengel

@weaselise, the old one smells more natural, more depth. The smell is generally speaking the same but the old juice smells supreme. Guess the ingredients are less ifra limited. Nevertheless, old or new, this is in my top favorite of fragrances.

steve1991
steve1991

All I get is a very warm spicy scent, that makes my forehead prickly..

weaselize
weaselize

Got the old one, flat bottle. Sweet, sticky, not really a performer.
Can someone tell me if there,s a difference with the newer bottle ?
Thx

nvm, figured it out. It,s the same. Got to say i actually like the new bottle better

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

The man who knows, yet remains silent. Natural, strong inwardly and sophisticated--worldly without being jaded.

Wear this one under your shirt and let your actions speak louder.

4 out of 5

demby
demby

excelente si te gusta el campo,aroma fresco y muy varonil, me recuerda los rodeos en mexico, con esa frescura masculina exótica que solo brinda el campo con olor a hierba bueno para un caluroso verano.

raj.bhagat75
raj.bhagat75

Which one is better? Bel Ami or Rocabar? Could someone please tell me the difference?

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Mixing cleanliness and warmth, Rocabar reflects a man who is calm, assured, and powerful yet kind. Balsamic, doughy benzoin and crisper notes such as cypress, cardamom, and juniper intermingle to reveal a fragrance with astonishing depth and hidden complexity. Truly a fantastic scent by Hermes.

nero77
nero77

Elegant, Mature, Sophisticated.

Rocabar is a very refined, grown-up gentleman's scent. It has a woody, almost pine-like opening, but dries down to a deep, sweet, resinous, almost vanilla-like aroma. It is (incredibly) well blended, so making out the notes isn't easy... but what it does come across as, is quality. Quality is something which is characteristic of Hermès, and it certainly won't disappoint here. Would highly recommend this for any well-dressed, confidant man who is looking to make an impression. Lots of class and unmistakable quality!

bluektq
bluektq

Every time I wear this fragrance I always feel like a million dollar bill. It's elegant, sophisticated & classy, a great fragrance indeed!

Redbeard
Redbeard

Rocabar is very sweet and vanillic, which at first made me discredit it. Since then, I've realized that the wood component is uniquely seductive and beautiful. In the quest for woods, I've tried Visit, Tam Dao, Rush, Gucci PH...all the usual suspects. I've found that the dark, resinous earthy wood in Rocabar, if you take the time to find it under the sugar and spice, stands above the others in a way that I didn't initially appreciate. To me, this scent like no other represents the oft-idealized december night walk through the snowy pine forest of the mind. The dry wood smell is surpisingly cold underneath the warmth of the sweeter components, and it includes the needles on the dry branches, and a bit of the soil. The only problem you'd run into with Rocabar is that some seasonal home scent products are very similar, and younger audiences might think your cologne smells like a Glade Winter Edition Plug-In Illuminated Scent Oil Pyramid, or something like that.

Dick Turpin Esq
Dick Turpin Esq

Dear Friends, I have just reviewed Equipage which I tested last night on one hand, whilst on the other hand I tried Rocabar. I was excited at the idea of the evergreen notes, but it cannot sustain or develop the conifer, cypress notes. The dry down is benzoin, juniper and what smells like musk - I have had two showers since application some 18 hours ago, so it certainly sticks to the skin.
The experience to my nose transported me to a wooden lodge set amongst a lonesome conifer and cypress forest on a cool and sunny mid september day when you are filled with a creeping nostalgia for happier bygone times of your youth and to fill that gnawing hole, you resort to stuffing your gob full of caramel buttery biscuity cookies or cheesecakes whilst wearing Mother's Dior Poison and feeling a sensation of dread when the postman comes up the path. That for me is Rocabar - a cold, pine sappy, sweet caramel floral nightmare. On me it smells like transexual pheramone spray you'd buy on-line from Sputt Ja! in West Germany, 1986.

pronose
pronose

very classy and so unique! a must for any dandy in town!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Hermés introduced this cologne back in 98', I recently was lucky to find a second bottle 10 year's later.
Hermés has produce some of the finest men's cologne's on the market ever since they've been in business. Most of their cologne's are not for 20's-30's age bracket, more of your 40's and up who can appreciate a more sophisticated fragrance with a more pronounced base then most common fragrance's that are being sold today.
Rocabar has a very distinguished aroma that starts off with Cedar Essence as well as Juniper and Bergamot to give this fragrance a real boost of warmth and freshness altogether.
The mid tone that comes through beautifully is Italian Cypress, Cedar and Cardamom which all produce a rich spicy scent.
The base notes which consist of Canadian Balsam, Oakmoss, Benzoin and Vanilla all add to this fragrance being a woodsy/warm spicy fragrance.
This fragrance is like the modern version of Terre d'Herrés where pepper was also included.
Rocabar, is one of many fragrance's from which Hermés has raised the level of quality for men's cologne's that are being produced to this day.
Overall, I love the aroma of nature as well the deep scent of woodsy/spicy scents that you get from this fragrance which turns into a more mature and sophisticated cologne.
Longevity is well past 10 hour's
Sillage is also excellent, more then several feet away...a real attraction to this cologne.
I find this cologne best suitable during the fall/winter months when the air is cooler and the warmth of you body makes the fragrance comes alive.
To sum it up there isn't much you can add to a high quality fragrance which has been and is still a pillar in men's cologne's over many year's. If you find a bottle try it you won't be disappointed what so ever. 10/10...simply one the best from Hermés.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Nice scent this. Great for summer. It's fresh, woody, spicy, and citrusy. What else do you want for summer? It projects good. Try it.

Javi0005
Javi0005

Amazing woody scent. I always get compliments on this, though it's not something I wear often.

Deefit
Deefit

Wow, just wow! I recognized something in there, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

The first time I smelled this, I was completely amazed! This doesn't happen very often.

kl99
kl99

Every time I wear this fragrance I feel deep emotions. So I suspect, I believe to be in front of an immense artwork. Then forgive me. I usually hate reading long reviews, but this wonderful creature, perhaps not fully understood by everyone, deserves that.

I believe that sometimes, where you are in front to The Perfection, you are not able to recognize it, and you maybe give to it a medium, or at least medium-hight, opinion about. It's like to watch one of those great actors who plays so naturally that you've the impression to see talking your house's neighbor, while you’re probably waiting monstrous facial expressions or big dramatic voices, and you don't understand how is difficult to be so smooth in front of a camera or on the stage, and that you don’t have to exaggerate anything to be a perfect performer. Now translate it in Perfumology.

I do not feel like saying that we are facing a classic, also because to be sincere when we say classic in a variable part (+ -) we are saying the scent has some aspect vintage, daddy, or dated. Even though in some ways Rocabar do remember a classic, but in the sense of an eternal presence of men without temporal demarcations. A calm, sweet but firm peaceful masculinity, the essence of a wise young man, yes I see more a young man wearing this scent, facing the adult side of his life for the first time with a wise soul inside.

I find Rocabar subtly original, without be totally outside the box (we could perhaps say this fragrance has been created from one of those niche houses that want to afford a classic composition giving obviously a distinguish side), a bit unusual and at the same time: familiar. Extremely Natural (practically bio) and embracing. Yes, wearing this fragrance gives you the impression to be constantly protected with the embrace of an older brother.

Like many others say, this is a masterpiece in balance and is masterly blended. It’s fire & ice, without screams, conflicts, extremities. It is a candlefire & a glass of fresh water.

A fragrance that never fails. Sometimes if I put a perfume in the morning then after the evening shower, I do not feel to wear the same perfume to go out because I had enough, but this is not happen to me with Rocabar.

I do not think you can classify as balsamic fragrance or forest, personally, and like other opinions below show, you hear no pine or cypress in its raw form. It seems that these conifers have been sealed in the benzoin like a fly into prehistoric amber stone, and then become inseparable. Indeed, if I had to describe jus without knowing the notes that compose it I speak of oily nuts, delicate fruits and leaves of citrus, mostly oranges, and perhaps a pinch of fresh mint, mixed in a glass of warm milk.

I bought in its date of birth, 1998, after have tested a free sample, and bought a second time, now is my third time after a pause of more than 6 year, I did not realize what I was missing, and what was great, this fragrance until I got back in my hands and on my skin! Well, I suppose I need to admit: I'm in love again with Rocabar, and now even in a strongest way, maybe I feel guilty for the long separation caused by me, as it was always waiting for me somewhere. So perhaps the words above are a bit influenced, but.. I hope to keep some sense.

Ok, I think I have told you everything. for the rest I totally agree with Cassiano (below) that summarizes so well this Hermes’s creation.

NOTE: As mentioned, I "reappropriated" of this fragrance, and only wearing it I realized how much I had missed, even with waves of emotion. I do not connect Rocabar to a particularly happy period of my life, so I do not know why. perhaps really a fragrance, talk of us a to us through a silent language more than the clothes we wear. The feeling is more like to a beautiful instrumental music that without words can make you cry. This fragrance makes me feel in my cocoon, comfortable, warm and protected, but osmotic, which totally does not create a separation from the outside world, as other perfumes does. As the blanket that surrounds the fragrance. Really. I found the vintage original bottle, and again: Open the box and find a bottle of perfume wrapped by somebody in a soft colored cloth, secured with a cord of blue colored pure leather, knotted at only one of its extremity, is something that really creates smile and amazement, pure love, pure poetry, pure luxury, not opulence, vulgarity and ostentation. Just with the respect that deserve some things of value, and I do not think exaggerating with these words. it's like to say: if I live this world, I want the things I do to be beautiful and accurate in all the aspects. That was the class, kindness, and love for the little things that only the great fashion houses of the past knew how to give you, making you feel like at your home, and not into a cold temple of fashion.

jae
jae

ROBERTO, I just picked mine up from the Hermès boutique in Kuwait. I highly doubt that such a refined, sophisticated masculine scent would ever be discontinued.

You know, I've had an intense love affair going on with Hermès perfume for a few years now. But for some odd reason, I had never explored the men's fragrances. Silly me. Well, last night, I finally decided that I had been procrastinating on getting Hermessence Rose Ikebana long enough. The procrastination came from the notion that once I finally payed homage to a Hermès boutique, I'd trash a large portion of my collection to only wear Hermès and niche fragrances. Purchasing Rose Ikebana filled a great void. But that notion I mentioned isn't continuing to flood my mind because of that creation. It's when I decided to test the men's offerings that this notion would have new life breathed into it. I'll skip my opinions of the others (which were GREAT in every sense of the word) and get straight to the point. Rocabar captured my nose and gave me what I always wanted in a masculine fragrance. Think RUGGED SOPHISTICATION. A soft-spoken gentleman in a fine tailored-suit who's no stranger to the great outdoors.

That bottle of Egoiste is looking a bit intimidated, now...

feelhot
feelhot

I do not understand what some people writing here:) What's smokey?What about dry?Let me tell you my story.
I love yellow-green fragrances-lemon-lime-grapefruits, love light watery as well but with little spices like Issey Miyake or Echo. Once I was shopping for perfumes in Andorra-something more then 20years ago and I bought a lot of fragrances so lady gave me some samples-one was little touch spray 1 ml from Rocabar Hermes.
I though it would be ugly as I didn't like any heavy or sweet perfumes and I never smell that one. I tried this on skin with doubt-first impression-first second it is far too strong. Then it went to my skin and I went crazy. I was losing my mind thinking about everything, about music, clubbing, love and flying, never before perfumes was such narcotic impact on me. I was feeling this fragrance makes people around you attract to this smell-no matter if it was a men or women. This fragrance was CRAZY! So strong, so woody, so spicy, so much juniper, no smoke-which I hate, only spices like from India, some something inside which makes you crazy and full of energy and happiness.
I found heavy and rich fragrance which I felt in love with!

ROCABAR IS AN INSTANT LOVE AND PASSION, PASSION OF LIFE, VIBRATIONS OF SEX, WORM OF BODY YOU WANNA BE AND YOU WANNA HUG, it will become your friend!
And I found it is enough to use just a little drop to make impression:)
Then it become to be discontinued for some time, and now it is in different bottle -like others Gardens of..by Hermes and fragrance is not so strong like before. Before it was EDT but such strong like EDP, now it is only EDT so you need to spray like others to feel the full fragrance. But I still love it-and I can see it is not everywhere-even in airports it is rare-if you'll find ever a flat old bottle GO FOR IT! Forget-if you find ANY bottle of Rocabar GO FOR IT!

ROBERTO
ROBERTO

Do any of you know if this perfume will be discontinued? It does not appear on the HERMÈS site anymore

wildejamie
wildejamie

If you go to Burj-al-arab in Dubai you get it free in your suite! It gives an idea of the exotic ambience in which perhaps it works. For me nice to start but cloying after a while. I would not wear it every day. In fact I feel the same about most Hermes fragrances. TdH I liked to start but went off. Vd'H refreshing but not that much staying power or sillage.

bugmenot2
bugmenot2

youp it slightly similar to drakkar but drakkar is less smoky also both reminds me of some shaving foam
but both are more sweet and smokey

empathyboy
empathyboy

I bought this blind, just for the thrill. I actually gasped with my first sniff because I instantly recognised the scent: Obsession Night. There are of course differences, Rocabar is far more complex and refined. It smells more natural than Obsession Night and the smell quickly evolves magically whereas Obsession Night is the same from start to end. Obsession Night is like a snapshot taken of Rocabar in the very instant Rocabar lands on the skin. An image frozen in time and run through photo-shop to exaggerate that initial accord and make it look fake as hell. I'd choose Rocabar any day of the week but I suddenly have a greater respect for Obsession Night.

slimshady17004
slimshady17004

Im still learning with it but what i hav learnt so far is that its a pleasant woodsy spicy smell being light and fresh at the same time. Im getting bucket full of compliments with this evry time. I would say dat it doesnt disappoint you. Its quality at the highest level.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Reminds me of long walk,in the canadian woods just after the rain - i'd want to go home now, and fix myself a nice glass of single malt whiskey and be thankful to what the gods have given me! 9/10

jrichart
jrichart

Rocabar de Hermès es otra de las fragancias olvidadas por el gran público. Son muchos, los que disfrutan de la propia casa Hermès del temperamental y audaz Bel Ami, del ultraelegante y discreto Equipage y del original y evocador Terre D'Hermès, pero muy pocos los que hablan de Rocabar, claro está que no es una fragancia innovadora y que su precio es quizás demasiado elevado para lo que ofrece viendo que proviene de una casa con savor-faire(experiencia, solera) como es Hermès. Pero, el caso es que uno cuando prueba Rocabar, como me sucedió a mí, se encuentra ante un perfume de los que podríamos llamar balsámicos y reconfortantes, pues rocabar es un amaderado conífero con un fondo balsámico de benzoin y vainilla que resulta muy arropador. En definitiva, Rocabar no es ninguna obra maestra ni de los mejores perfumes de Hermès pero es digno a tener en cuenta para un acto formal preferiblemente en temporada de Otoño-Invierno.

This is a very blended fragrance, so don't expect to be able to detect notes clearly, and you will likely only get a hint of this or that (fruit, spice, vanilla, wood). It's reasonanbly natural smelling and well balanced, and it sometimes comes across as a bit powdery. Compared to fragrances like Gucci's Envy for Men, this is smoother and less apt to generate headaches, IMO. If this is what you are seeking in a fragrance, I think you'll be satisfied. If you want something a bit more opulent, but in the same direction, there's Magical Moon EdP (I consider that one and this one "unisex" for those who like these kinds of fragrances). The Estonian site has a more complete note pyramid, and it doesn't include lavender, which may be why this is smoother than others that are similar (such as Carven Homme, etc.). It does list a patchouli note, but it must be quite mild, relative to Envy for Men type fragrances, because I'm sensitive to patchouli but I don't really detect any here.

UPDATE: I seem to be very sensitive to "fresh" aroma chemicals now and I'd guess this has a bit of dihydromyrcenol in it, though I think it's handled with some subtlety (and I only dislike this aroma chemical when it's used in large amounts). However, if someone claims that this smells like "baby wipes" they are likely responding to this aroma chemical or one with similar qualities (and they are also probably especially sensitive to it for some reason).

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

✮✮
I am astonished, after reading all these euphoric articles here. I do love a lot of Hermes Scents, especially BelAmi, but this, on my skin, first of all smells soapy and a bit cheap. How can that be? Maybe I should use it from time to time and discover it later...

williamvargas
williamvargas

great office scent, non offensive ,,quality , fruity, woody pine , very pleasant smell. to me stays linear....really like this one alot, reminds me of a quality aftershave type of scent, i find my self wearing this when i can't think of what else to use, always seem to reach for the rocabar..always a compliment on just, you smell great today, that is really nice...i think of like a higher level canoe by dana. smells great on your neck, spray on your hands liberally and apply..very refreshing good smelling cologne for a man to wear, great in an office environment, not unisex at all to me, a definite man type fragrance. you well smell good to everyone..
hermes makes a lot of very nice fragrances and this is one of them.
signature scent worthy fragrance..
a very nice masculine fragrance.. I really enjoy this one..

vichurz
vichurz

For me, this is not just the best escence of Hermes. Rocabar is the most elegant, exquisite, refined, graceful and high classed men's fragance... Take the chance to "increase your level" using it.

istanblue
istanblue

All above its a Hermes 10/10.

prot72
prot72

In my opinion after Eau d'Hermes this is the most interesting fragrance in the Hermes house. It starts fresh and little woody. Then thousands of spices develop with nutmeg, coriander and cardamon at the front. They are obvious but not overhelmig and not harsh at all. Than slowly cedar wood emerges and plays a crucial role. I recognize Rocabar in this moment as brother of Boise Blonde by Parfumerie Generale. Rocabar is real masterpiece. In my opinion it can be easily described as fragrance braking ideas that common an more popular perfumes are boring and not complicated. Rocabar may be classified as niche fragrance and is much more sophisticated than most of them. I also can easily say this is one of these fragrances that create history of perfumes. I hope it will be never discontinued - keep fingers crrosed.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

for me it's simply the BEST fragrance for men! so sexy and masculiner!

K1
K1

Haha, when I found what Rocobar means, I just thought it was a scented rag!
Really, it has a heavy fluffy smell in the back which reminds me freshly colored rag strings (of course most of you don't know the smell).
It's perfectly integrated and well design scent; one of the best of Hermes. It's deeply spicy and kind of fresh but not chilly; also it's mossy and semi-smoky in the start up and goes to vintage mood to the base. It's subtle though not unique but so interesting. It's not wet, it's dusty and old.
Manly of course but can be unisex as well; it's Hermes!
Super lasting.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Got this at a reasonable price and am not too blown away by what it offers.dont get me wrong,it's a very pleasant smell of what I will describe as soft woody smell-not an in-your-face blast but a well balanced mixture of notes to produce an acceptable smell to my nose.not as sweet as some make it to be.I find it hard to believe it's been around for so long but it definitely can hold its own against modern fragrances.am guessing those who smelled it when it was released must have swooned over it.

this is clearly an evening scent or better still the cold season.I guess that is when one can truly appreciate this.am writing this on a humid night and maybe that could be a reason why am not seeing this the way others do.will do for a romantic date or even a good nite out and will be well suited for the mature gentleman.I could be wrong though.Unless desire makes me, am not sure my drab world will allow me wear it out to be appreciated by others who might be in my company.lol

I like it for its unobtrusive nature,longevity and does really stay close to the skin.If you can afford it you can get it.I only got it as the price was right.I was not going to buy a bottle for £60!
Am hoping the new bottle shape does in no way mean the juice has been reformulated.

oxm
oxm

Rocabar of Hermes is a fragrance that turns on the classic, the opening is almost breathtaking, and it seems to breathe in the fresh air in a pristine forest and away from the noise of the city, in the heart makes its way to the sweetness of the flowers almost twilight, all the resins and finally violet, vanilla and a touch woody, the result is very good and comfortable (it reminds me of Van Cleef and Arpels Tzar). Rocabar can be worn in the winter in my opinion ... and why not also in autumn.
Romantic as the light of un'abat jour ...
Very fine

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I am just so impressed with Hermes fragrances. Ironically, as much as I like Terre d'Hermes, I think I like most of the other fragrances they put out even better. Rocabar is just a wonderfully blended spicy wood (just as it says) fragrance. The vanilla is noticeable right from the top, but never dominates this well crafted scent. The cypress is not readily apparent at first, but slowly it emerges in a very subtle fashion, almost imperceptibly. The cedar is definitely a major player, and I can definitely smell that "circus" aroma, that some have labelled it. I am such a fan of these colognes, and they dry down to such natural and smooth scent. Another win for Hermes!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Yesterday was a blessing day, I went to the perfume store and found the miniature of this perfume (and others which usually hard to find). Me and my friends have Terre d'Hermes in our collection, yet we both agreed that this perfume is better than Terre. Classic yet elegant and gentle!

BIG
BIG

this scent is so smooth! it's perfectly layered and developed.

Cassiano
Cassiano

I don’t know very well the scents from the brand Hermès, but this one is very attractive. At the same time, It has a comfortable and light sweet smell.

I think that the idea of the fabric around the bottle, as if was a blanket, it’s exactly what the scent seemed to me: an embrace that surrounded me with the woods and spicy notes without bothering other people, keeping the wearer self confident. However, it doesn’t exhale too much, staying close to the skin.
I would say that it has a middle lasting.

Its lasting was just median on my skin, which displeased me a bit, when it comes to a scent that is usually expensive.

andy
andy

i like it theres a rich woodsy thing going and the notes are GREAT but its a bit dry and too mossy/ woody i think its for a MUCH older person but nontheless a great scent

definately not a fresh contemporary type of scent its a much more masculine sensual scent for romantic use or for older men and a very mysterious dark one

iMaverick
iMaverick

Back in the late 90s when this fragrance emerged, I thought it was a nice scent, but I found it too warm for an everyday woody scent. I felt the same way with Gucci's Envy.

Flash forward to today, and I think this is an excellent creation by Hermes. Warm and citrus notes are met with cedar and sandalwood and hay-like outdoorsy notes. I love it!

I wish I was like some who actually can have it last 8-12 hours on them, but sadly it won't last past 2 hours on me.

afraafra
afraafra

Best of Hermes IMO, Great fragrance, long lasting, light and fresh with a good vanilla patchouli drydown.

shamus1
shamus1

For the first five minutes, Rocabar smells like the greatest masculine fragrance ever created - a dazzling, colorful accord of spice and wood that smells as if it's made with the most exquisite materials on earth. The top notes are just amazing. After that brief opening, however, the top notes disappear and Rocabar falls apart, turning into a depressing, cheap, sour accord reminiscent of diswashing liquid. Fortunately, this only lasts for about an hour, but the drydown isn't all that much better. The drydown, while not bad, is a sort of dull amber/vanilla with a remnant of the amazing woody opening. I hate to be cynical about Hermes, since I love so many of their fragrances, but it seems like they spent all their formula money on the top notes, hoping people would buy Rocabar on a whim. If only they could have pulled a Tsar (which Rocabar's opening accord resembles) and carried the quality all the way through drydown, I'd have given this the highest rating. Rocabar is still a good fragrance (it lasts a good 8-12 hours on my skin), but is a disappointment because it could and should have been so much better.

Rocabar by Hermes 4.30 out of 5 based on 320 ratings and 51 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Rocabar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Rocabar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rocabar by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rocabar by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.