Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men

Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Videos Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Videos Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Videos Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Videos
Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men Pictures

Terre d’Hermès: conceived in 2006 by Jean-Claude Ellena, Terre d’Hermès is a metaphor for materials, a matrix that speaks of territory as well as matter, earth, and roots.This vertically structured scent is based on an alchemy of wood, the scent first introduces the gaity of orange, the bitterness of grapefruit and the vivacity of pepper and of fresh spices. This “vegetality” flirts with the mineral effect of flint and the coarseness of vetiver. Dominated by cedar, the fragrance goes deeper with the sweetness of resins and the impalpable voluptuousness of benzoin.

Orange Grapefruit

Hermes Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche

Terre d'Hermes Fragrance Reviews

MSL
MSL

Top notes: initial aroma of 'Azzaro Pour Homme'; heavy, strong, bitter, *medical*, very aggressive - for men who are over 50 years old. After five minutes it calms down, but, causing us to feel a solid piece of concrete. This evolution is very interesting, no doubt - amazing. It should be called 'Béton d'Hermès'. :) I simply didn't like it.

Dirk
Dirk

I am 30 years old, and i tested this edt and the parfum version like 1 year ago.
I thought it was quality, but maybe not for me yet.
A few months ago i tried the Eau tres Fraiche which is absolutely wonderful,and a masterpiece if you ask me.
So, i bought that.
But the original also was stuck in my mind. i tried it again.
I was testing the Edt and parfum version,. i was not sure which one to get.
But finally after reading reviews and my own opinion about it i decided to get the EDT.
It is a fantastic scent, out of quality ingredients.
Here it is not too much about advertisement and the look of the bottle, but the money is in the scent.
It smells rich!
The orange smell is wonderful and even better when the pepper comes in.
What a wonderful combination of fresh spicy.
But has much body and it can be quite heavy. so do not spray too much.
Absolutely loving it!

Fraichey
Fraichey

Rather than categorise this as a scent for 30+ year olds, I would say that Terre gives off a sophisticated, smart and cool impression.

It's quite timeless and smells equally fresh, spicy and deep green from the orange, vetiver and pepper; which makes it fairly suitable night or day, all year round. It is quite linear, but that only means longevity and projection are really strong++.

Could easily wear this everyday, for every occasion. It's just so addictive and amazing! 10/10

aleksandar.dragas6

I avoided this fragrance for about a year and bought Parfum and Fraiche versions first. Apparently, this one grew on me and I fell in love with it. Now, after LIDGE, it's my favorite fragrance ever, and I have 45 of them, I think that says a lot.

silentman26
silentman26

This is a high quality perfume ... with a mix of vetiver and orange you enjoy the great sillage and its longevity ... it is an exceptional perfume by Hermes

roko
roko

Very good sillage and projection.As a scent now.
It's very nice and pleasant citrus,but i found it more suitable for more mature men.I mean 30-35 + not younger ones.

So a big like from me.In five-ten years from now maybe it will be my signature scent for the summer ΄-)

Detox
Detox

Description? It is warm and cool at the same time! Which I love. Imagine dry wood (fir/vetiver/cedar) that you leave under the burning sun for hours until it becomes very WARM. Over it you spray some light peppers! Both whiter and darker peppers! Get it? Good

Then you add the squeezed juice from high end oranges that turned bitter/sour but in a very good and masculine way! Finally just blow a little fresher breeze on top of it and you've got Terre D'Hermes in the "flesh".

Its name and "marketing" are really fitting as it is very "close to nature and its elements" scent. Fire, Air and Earth.

It is for the strong, confident and mature man, but the one who is at the same time warm and kind-hearted.

It is absolutely signature worthy especially that it can be worn all seasons. But the one where it shines the most to me is during the fall!

Canadian falls with the nice weather, the sun but a fresh, cooler breeze. Leaves in the trees falling and turning red, orange and yellow! A man, on his day off from his job as a business leader, puts on a nice comfortable brown sweater and a jeans. Then he goes and take a walk in the woods, hand in hand with his wife that he loves while their kids and dogs are running around them and playing in the fallen leaves! This IS the Terre d'Hermes man to me!

If you don't LOVE woody scents stay away from this one (!!!) or at least sample it first! If not this is a fantastic masterpiece!

10/10.

RUDOLFO512

Today it is 92 degrees here in Miami and I am wearing Terre d'Hermes. I am very happy I made this choice today because I love the way I smell. The orange, vetiver, pepper and other citruses come together beautifully. The heat of the day brings out those notes and I feel fresh and clean. This fragrance is perfect for day and night time wear during the summer months. I think it can also be worn in the fall. I have gotten many compliments from co-workers.

mdunford
mdunford

I love this one on myself, but I think it might be a bit too powerful when others smell it on me. The opening is terrifying! When I first tried it (Hong Kong airport duty free), I nearly sprinted to the bathroom to wash it off. However, within minutes, the stinky alcoholic opening turns into an orange/vetiver/cedar medley that remains for several hours.

On my skin, I don't smell any pepper, really, and the orange has more of a dark and pungent "blood orange" smell than a bright navel/grapefruit smell. I also find it to be very linear after the initial explosion, but I don't think that's a bad thing--it's consistent over time.

Edit: something I forgot to mention. If I'm wearing this and my body gets wet at all--sweaty, stuck in the rain, etc--the sillage goes from moderate to colossal, and the accords get muddled. I've experienced this twice.

timkal69
timkal69

Terre d'hermes is and will always be a masterpiece way ahead of its time... I've been wearing it for slightly over 3 years now and believe me when I say, if you want originality, uniqueness, sophistication, class all in one powerhouse TDH is your take. The only problem I have with it, is that it's addictive and it's kinda like that one girlfriend you had that set the bar too high for all others to square-up. It's earthy in a vetiver kinda citrus way. I loooooove this juice!

Smyle12
Smyle12

Sadly, lil_tau is correct, but too many of you are like blind sheep. You'd be lead to a slaughter if Luca Turin told you so. TDH, sucks. I had to fish for compliments too. All I received was "You smell like an old man," and "I don't really like it." Now, don't get me wrong, I couldn't give two shits about compliments, although they are always nice, it's just that I couldn't believe how underwhelming this crap smells, and had to be sure it wasn't just me. I returned my bottle after a week, exchanging it for the very last bottle of GPH I at my Seohora in 2012. Best fragrance decision I EVER made.

Overhyped, post-modern, sleaze: 3/10

alsyaid
alsyaid

ini baunya oke bgt , tp orang rata2 sudah tau dr merk apa jika kita pake ini . refill2an juga banyak yang jual ini , baunya juga mendekati yang asli . utk yang mau beli ini , pikir 2 kali deh ya bro . harga 800-an ribu . lumayan mahal utk sebuah parfum yang udah banyak orang tau . saya belum pernah beli ini , dan jika di kasih uang 800rb , saya lebih baik beli parfum lain harga 400rb an 2 buah .

shadowmoses
shadowmoses

Masterpiece. Of all the things that I've smelled in my life, this is the most beautiful thing that I've ever come across. Spellbinding. Unique. Natural. Soothing.... A.D.D.I.C.T.I.V.E! Excellent longevity and projection. Jean claude Ellena, sir, I'll never look at oranges the same way ever again. ;)

lil_taul

this is a mess... well its good but its not a modern cologne. its nothin but spice and citrus off the top. more spice though. i wore it to work twice, and i work with maybe 90% women... over 2000 people. i didn't get one compliment. i went searching for compliments and i got comments like "u smell like a old man, its burning my nose, its too manly like a old man kinda manly...ect longevity and projection good though

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

Citrusy, woody, patchouli. A true classic! I love it in all season. Completely wearable and not overpowering (unless you let that trigger fly). It might not draw compliments like some others. But it does draw interest. It's a perfect middle of the road, unsure of what to wear today fragrance. I think every man should own a bottle of this simply because! Happy Hunting!

K1
K1

Terre d'Hermes is now an icon in perfume world, a hundred percent success. And again Ellena, magician of orange, knows how to mesmerize!
My take on this masterpiece is just like I'm staring at Keith Haring's paintings and listing to an rhythmic jazz and wanna dance frenzily and laugh loudly where everyone try to be calm!
This perfume has a great volume of happiness and chicness. Boy, it seriously helps to get all negative things over. Terre is the perfume man!

seachase
seachase

A wonderful fragrance that's truly unique.
I really love how that fantastic 'bitter-citrus-bomb' opening evolves into a mellow and smooth, very masculine scent.
It's very classy and professional, but can also be playful and sporty.
Thankfully, it has great longevity and sillage, and will definitely get you several compliments every time you wear it.
This easily fits into my top five of favorite mens colognes.

colhiggs
colhiggs

If I had to choose one scent to be my "signature" I don't think I would be able to ignore Terre D'Hermes for such a title. This is a masterpiece of a scent. Perfect for just about any occasion, this cornerstone of my collection finds its way into my rotation quite often. When wearing it to work, the compliments I receive are plenty. There is something about this scent that fixes well on my skin and it's really able to pop. I have no problems with longevity or projection, and if you're looking for a professional and undoubtedly masculine scent then this is one you should seriously consider. It can come off as dry, which might scare some people away, but unless you have a real problem with overly dry scents, it shouldn't be a huge deal for you. Notes wise? Hermes seems to be a master-house in their concentrations. Terre has just enough orange to be fresh, yet just enough woods to be earthy and powerful. The vetiver note is strong here, but together with the orange it makes for a profoundly light yet resonating scent. Spray on your wrists, neck, and then perhaps one over your shirt on your chest. That's all I need for this to give me a solid 8-10 hours. In my opinion, a true masterpiece.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

CDGFan, you are incorrect about your IFRA musings regarding this scent. The limitation on iso e is 21.4% of the *finished product.*

What you have to remember is that TdH EdT is diluted in alcohol, and is probably between 6-12% fragrance concentrate. Thus, it could be 100% iso e super (as is Molecule 1) and still not need to be reformulated based on IFRA restrictions, because 100% of 6% or 12% is still far less than the 21.4% restriction.

vitor rd
vitor rd

A masterpiece. The most elegant fragrance i have, i use to special events, well dressed. Orange with vetiver are the stars of this one. Used to be my number one, before i met Insurrection Pure. But is still in my top scents, is great and have a great performance!

saeglopur
saeglopur

Utter genius and even better than the Eau Très Fraiche. Unlike the latter, this truly is earthy more than aquatic, but both conjure images of nature. The EDT brings to mind not only orange groves and the Mediterranean, but also pinewood forests and granite rock faces, which is not surprising given the dominant, lasting orange note and undercurrents of vetiver and resin (I don't detect the spice).

Terre d'Hermès is not for the man in the business suit, but for the man who loves the outdoors and still has the time to wear a scarf around his neck. I would want my future husband to smell like this! This perfume has the same effect on me as Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT -- it's a forever kind of thing.

Madholm
Madholm

After 3 full wears of this I don't get the hype; at all. It smells a bit of orange citrus with lots of mineral oils, paint thinner and varnish. If people want to smell like woodworking chemicals covered up with a slightly orange tint; to each their own. There is nothing very appealing about this frangrance to me except that it somehow manages to be less offensive than its aroma should indicate.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

To me this is a very complex citrus fragrance, one of my favourites! I get this dirty orange type of smell, a fancy and "zesty" orange like my friend complimented me with. The orange is greatly accompanied by pepper and vetiver, very fresh!

osiris5
osiris5

This is a bit complex, but a nice perfume.
If you compair it with the EDP or the Eau tres fraiche then this perfume is a bit dull.
The main scent is a mix of pepper, vetiver and orange.
It is a bit minty in the end. It is a great scent but not special.
It is good for casual use in spring and fall I guess.
I prefer the Edp and the ETF because it is more fresh and a bit more with that typical geranium scent that gives you really the idea your hands are in fresh fertile soil they use to put plants in like geraniums. It reminds me more of the eau tres fraiche. In some way it reminds me a bit of Annick Goutal Mandragora.
One thing is great. The longevity is better than with the Edp.

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

Usually if I were to think "minimalist" in fragrance I would think it's means a boring, watery, linear, bunch of nothing very exciting. Terre is not that. Furthermore, by composition, citruses are not meant to last very long - not this time. Terre is creamy citruses anchored to longer lasting woody and earthy ingredients and it's gorgeous. The only thing that might vaguely seem to make Terre retro is how classy it smells. I loved it and got tons of compliments on this. I think this would make men smell good too!

dmirror
dmirror

This fragrance got a retro smell to it ike something from the 70's I can't get with this I think a lot of you guys doing these reviews base the scents you like off of price not the actual scent cause this kind of got a bug spray smell to it I checked this out in Nordstrom not too long ago its a no go young guys stay away

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is just beautiful, glorious fruity/woody scent that develops wonderfully and stays on the skin for roughly 7 hours. Very masculine considering some of the notes. I can't detect much of the Vetiver on my skin, but what's there is more then enough, got a shed load of compliments, truly a 10/10 wow fragrance.

ppnair73
ppnair73

Just got this one & did a test spray on my wrists. Oh man! It is beautiful. Love this one. Could have sworn that there is a little Sandalwood in there somewhere although not mentioned in the Perfume Pyramid. This is such a warm scent. It quickly becomes you. This can be your signature scent if you want it to. Loving it!!!

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I get three notes from this: smoked wood, vetiver and a little citrus. That said, the combination of the three hit all the rights notes and balances. The dry down is powdery, there is not a harsh note in this. Terre is a very sophisticated and refined scent. Hermes just knows how to exude class and elegance and this is a perfect example.
Good for the boardroom or at a nice restaurant. You can't go wrong with this. I would suggest this as a gift even if you are not sure what the guy wears. Like a fine tailored suit it goes on easy and makes the wearer look good.
A quiet co worker came up me the first time I wore this and told me without a moments hesitation how good I smelled and had me write down the name. Proof enough. A must try.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@igbaikey86: FANTASTIC IDEA! I'll try that this coming week.... I'm a novice when it comes to things like layering...... So I always appreciate good suggestions like these...

Thx,

lgbailey86
lgbailey86

Prada Amber Pour Homme had been my signature scent for a long time... until I discovered layering Terre d'Hermes with Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin ... wow. Now I adore this with or without the beautiful niche rose scent in SL FB. You win Jean-Claude Ellena, you beautiful master of translation.

aqua76239
aqua76239

maybe its my nose since so many think this is a great scent but I found it rather sharp, not well blended, and quickly frankly, smelling cheap. My husband wrinkled his nose and said"no way"
Everyone says it smells of oranges but my nose smells no such thing-its very masculine and spicy and peppery, if you will. I actually love notes of lemon and orange in scents but its not coming through for me here.
I feel the same way about Ear de Merveilles

Marciu

I agree totally with everything what Gokhanburak53 said.

Hermes - you should be ashamed of yourself!!

abcmore
abcmore

Allergy inducing orange, just could not handle the top of this scent. Very sharp, harsh like a household cleaner, not sure if it softens during the drydown , cause I could not wait to wash this one off.

jdawg
jdawg

Not bad. Very manly. Makes me feel elegant and sophisticated. Perfect for lunch dates or shopping trips.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Dry smell of ripe citrus skins, dry earthy vetiver, the most beautiful powdery pepper i know, cedar.
Mediterranean atmosphere, again, typical for Hermes.
So many of their perfumes evoke French riviera.
It´s gentle and comforting.

That is my european point of view. My husband described it as his "childhood - California in the 70´s, KFC wet wipes..." He likes it for summer

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

Nice, dry, mineral fragrance. Luminous and classy. Really well blended, but orange is not really my thing. I often wish J-C Ellena worked more with lemon-based citrus, as I often come close to loving something but am put off by the orange (purely a personal thing).
Good for: a classy signature that smells different without screaming for attention.

annettepe
annettepe

This is my boyfriend's signature scent since the first day I met him. I love this perfume so much its really special to me and reminds me of him. Its really long lasting, I can still smell the perfume after hours and hours. Its a very classy and sexy scent.

jhitt793
jhitt793

I've become to realize I am a lover of Jean-Claude Ellena's style and sensibility when it comes to fragrance creation. His Hermessence line for Hermes is equal to fragrant haiku poetry in bottles. Jour d'Hermes, Voyage d'Hermes, and his Les Jardins collection are all masterpieces. Terre d'Hermes is no exception. A bright citrus and woody accord starts things off lively. Grapefruit and orange zest pair beautifully with the pungent cedar wood. Peppercorn and geranium develop the spicy heart. I'm a huge fan of geranium/pelargonium in fragrances, and here it lends a vegetal, lemony note. There is a flinty mineral note which reminds me of the smell of stone warmed in the sun. I'm not sure which ingredient creates this magical scent. The ending lands on a vetiver and cedar wood accord which is perfection. This blended with a touch of benzoin develops a woody musk which is irresistible. Another home run for Ellena. (130)

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

@bobharly

man we say that amount of iso e is decreased in this perfume, we dont said that they completely discarded this note from the perfume, i had 2011 bottle it was beast, was staying on me all day long and now terre is a kitten... 3 hours max and it is gone. SHAME!!! what you did on TERRE!!

Inamorata
Inamorata

This fragrance reminds me of my first date with my husband. We went out for a fine dinner and he was wearing Terre - I was completely mesmerized and charmed. I really love the grapefruit and orange accords mixed with woody notes. It is a deep, earthy, smoky and balanced. every time I feel its scent, i think of the beginning of our relationship. For me this frangrance brings a drop of melancolia too. Lovely creation of the House of Hermes!!!

EmeraldDream
EmeraldDream

This misnamed marvel is in fact ozonic and aquatic rather than terrestial. If there is any "terre" it is perhaps wet earth. The feeling you get deep into a forest after the rain, lots of oxygen, wet pine needles, wet moss. It is one of the most magical perfumes in modern times, it is everywhere and nowhere, elusive and pervasive. And it is not at all a masculine, it is completely neutral. Like air. Love, love, love it.

newonehere
newonehere

ok i bought this review based only on the recommendation from one lady in house of fraser in london, saying it is the best few years ago. and have to say that wearing it, nobody ever complimented it, except my sister, and on the other hand people that smelled it, said they don't like it. that is smells oily and not like a cologne for men, so as the bottle is already empty and i am thinking to buy another bleu de chanel...

mikel.joko
mikel.joko

bau parpum orang tua...mengingatkan saya pada bau minyak urut

S: 7:10
l: 7/10
P: 7/10
scent: 6/10

Ahmadoenn.Van.doull
Ahmadoenn.Van.doull

Another masterpiece from Jean-Claude Ellena. Awesome scent!

magdalena.pollak
magdalena.pollak

I feel very clearly grapefruit and orange odor.Very strongly hits in my nostrils smell of pelargonium.Admirable pelargonium.After a while,there are notes of pepper.I adore juicy vetiver in Terre d'Hermes.I found also a ''glimmer'' of patchouli.
I am in love with Terre d'Hermes.I love madly this smell.I don't see or rather I don't feel blind-spot.
Amazing,marvelous smell.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

For the first time ever, here is a fragrance that has polarised the opinions of my wife and I. I cannot objectively review Terre simply because, for the most inexplicable reason, although I was fully aware of prior positive reviews and the popularity(right term?), something about the fragrance... erm... 'bugs' me! I cannot wear this for my wife's pleasure, but she is quite happy to wear it herself!
One thing that I can and definitely WILL say, is that even though it is not for me... I do think it is exquisitely blended as it mixes so many complex notes. Just not structured to my nasal palette!
But such is the world of fragrance!... Full of complexity and difference!

(Perhaps I have a psychological block that has thrown me into a paradoxical quandary because I had preconceptions?)... It freaks me out!

OriginalStevenH
OriginalStevenH

Never had I been a big fan of Cologne. I love the smell and the presence of smelling nice! I guess because the women in my life before were favorable to horse shit then anything else. However since I met my wife and the refined fast and enjoyment of our lifestyles I have been more... in tune of these scents and enjoyments in life.

I have to say that I've never stepped foot in a Sephora store let alone heard of it before a year ago but I'm glad I did. They had a huge wall of mens cologne. About 90 bottles that I have never smelled... and it just so happens that the most intriguing bottle was the Terre D' Hermes'. I mostly picked up the bottle because of the horse and carriage that reminded me of "Coach" my wife's purse brands she loves. At first I didn't know what to make of this as it was way different then what I normally wear. One of the employees came by to help me as she told me more about the brand and the notes it had. She also told me about the Perfume how its higher concentration of oils last longer and has a deeper scent the the watered down EDT version. Also the $125 price tag too was a shocker. But I got a spray bottle sample from them in the perfume and was enough for 10 sprays.

When I tried this, it was at first with two sprays Way way way overpowering... but as it warmed up it was wonderful. the citrus, and woodsy aromas is rich and inviting. and the perfume last all day long. This is for the first time every my Favorite Cologne ever!

For the cheap you can visit a perfume discount store. for me they sell a .5ml bottle for $20 and they had the EDT version there. but the refill of the same bottle is only $10. so Respectably you can get refills cheaper then the bottle they sell. However if you get the large 6.7oz bottle for only $100 EDT version that would be better. So yeah this is now my signature scent and I owe it all to my brilliant and beautiful wife.

bobosan336
bobosan336

One of the very few fragrances that I have found extremely offensive. Very strong and repelling (does remind of insect repellant). Rotten oranges mixed with decaying vetiver. Vile. People I asked to give opinion were repulsed as well. Significant other asked me to leave the room. Don't see this being versatile at all. Scent for funerals?

Ended up "trading" this one for something less vile with another fragrance fan on Basenotes and was ripped off. One of the few cases I don't feel bad for being ripped off as I got rid of this to never have to smell it again. That said, beware of "trading" fragrances with strangers on these sites.

metalmickey
metalmickey

Bought mine yesterday...from an site which sells samplers and un boxed perfumes...the bottle is all intact but the orange peel smells linear no dry down etc and the edt is a bit oily compared to my other frags which are all watery...since I blind bought I have no idea how terre is so guys help me out here

galoguiu
galoguiu

When I met this perfume on paper I honestly expected more for the many positive comments. After using it really fascinated me and charmed
Smell chic! Elegant fragrance!
Modern smell! Good performance!
Jean Claude Ellena never let me down.
It pays to know and test the skin.
Fantastic!
Masterpiece!!!

Guinea54
Guinea54

I am not overly picky with fragrances.. but this one i really can't stand.. I don't know why people like it so much. I don't get it.. It smells like chemicals or more specifically a cleaning product.. almost like a furniture polish. its very dry.. non sweet, which is fine, but not in a good way.. just don't like it, and the EDP version to me is even worse. i tried giving it a chance and keeping an open mind.. and I got pretty negative feedback from people around me with the EDP version.. For a rugged masculine scent, I much rather wear something like DG pour homme.. or even dirty english over this..

MrChrisD
MrChrisD

This is some good smelling stuff! It has a very masculine, dirty, and citrus smell. I don't know how else to describe it. This is some strong stuff! Only 3 sprays and I can still smell it hours later!

I'd give it a solid 8/10...

Marciu

IMO Terre definitely was reformulated, and this time I'm talking about the composition, not parameters. The late 2013 batch smells like Cartier Declaration! I can clearly smell both cardamom and cumin. Don't know what to think about it actually...

jerry zahaka
jerry zahaka

I am seriously concerned, why people seem to like it , when i first applyed it , I had a damn head ake !
I dont find it nice , dont blame me for saying its not worth all that price !

mofojo74
mofojo74

i reckon this sits on the shelves laughing at all the bottles of 1 million and gucci guilty and all the other crap flying through the tills,it sits there pleased that he hasnt been bought,he sits there thinking hes glad he isnt about to be oversprayed by some teenager when his taxi pulls up on a friday night,he sits there content knowing that when that distinguished gent quietly shuffles in wearing a tailored suit,he will find the home he deserves and a nose that appreciates the effort and time it took to create this heavenly creation!!! yes the opening first puzzled me,but only once will that happen,because after one use you will know whats about to open up on your skin,bitter,raw,strong,orange peel,burnt sugary earthy drydown,unique,complex,a masterpiece.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Terre's versatility is to be applauded as it can take you into any situation or context comfortably yet still provide you with an equal dose of serious sophistication and grown up playfulness.

I prefer the EDP simply for its richness, but the EDT is still a great friend.

It's probably Hermes most popular masculine at the moment and with good reason too, and is also probably set to be one of the classics of tomorrow.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Terre D'Hermes is one of my favorites, but it doesn't receive many compliments and, if given a choice, my wife would prefer that I wore something from Chanel, Creed, etc. over this one. I feel TDH is one of those fragrances (much like Dior Homme Intense) that men find much more appealing than the ladies. Regardless, I love wearing this juice and sometimes that's all that matters. It's a classic IMO.

Update: I'm wearing this fragrance to work this morning and OMG! I forget how good juice smells (to me) since I don't wear it as often as I would like. Why women don't love this juice (they say it's okay or alright) is beyond me.

Ravenwind
Ravenwind

Very unique. The wood resin to me is by far the strongest note here. Fresh cut soft wood. I imagine this is what a master woodworker craftsman would smell like. It is not an urban scent, but one that speaks of the countryside. I like it so much I put a little extra on the back of my hand to make it easier to catch a whiff of during the day.

psebi101
psebi101

This juice is special. I'm drown to this dirty orange spicy smell. The first time I was intrigued, didn't know if I like it or not, but the dry down convinced me. The second time I loved it from the top to the bottom. It's the kind of fragrance that grows on you. At first it's in your face, sharp, peppery and bold and it stays for a few hours, but then it calms itself to a citric heaven. Projection and longevity are very good and the bottle looks slick. Love it!

Scent: 9.5/10
Projection: 8/10

djews
djews

When I bought this about a year and a half ago I would barely get 3 hours out of it, lately when I use it even 10 hours in and it is still projecting like crazy. I can't explain that, I didn't know perfumes need to be run in...
Can't be happier though because this one with my chanel's are my top shelf's. I find that girls hate it and women love it, I find that funny. There is no grey area as such.
I will always have a bottle of terre in my cupboard. It's as good as it gets. Not overrated whatsoever. It deserves all the accolades it gets. I also believe that the edt is better than the edp, I think it's fresher and more lively.

spirit966
spirit966

Thanks Bobharly for making sense.

Bobharly
Bobharly

If there are any IFRA regulations according to the usage of ISO-E Super, what's up with Molecule 01 ? It couldn't be produced anymore as it consists of 100% ISO. So terre is not reformulated out of ISO restrictions.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Terre d'Hermes is an essential member of my fragrance collection, one that really earns its place during the more temperate seasons of autumn and spring.

The home where I grew up has a swimming pool surrounded by thick stonework that captures all the heat from the sun. Steam rises up from the chlorinated pool water that has splashed onto the stones. The smell of the wet rock and the steam brings to mind that earthy, flinty, minerally quality I love so much about Terre d'Hermes. In combination with the slightly over-ripe citrus note it creates a totally wonderful effect.

I prefer the EDT version of Terre d'Hermes to the EDP due to its brighter, zestier presence. By contrast, I find the EDP to be more subdued, more mature, not quite as lively as its energetic Eau de Toilette elder. The EDT projects better on my skin and seems to outlast its younger sibling performance-wise. Both, of course, are outstanding scents in their own rights.

Terre d'Hermes is elegant, invigourating and highly versatile. That's why it will always be an integral cornerstone of this fragrance fan's collection.

liav24
liav24

Smells like martzipan and orenge.
too old for me, didnt liked it very much, and very very expensive. even in Israel where the perfumes are pretty cheap, the 100ml (3.3oz) bottle costs more than a 100$

thelogicalsong
thelogicalsong

Unique and quite natural!Giving feeling as if i walk in the dry forest and on bush.May it be for older guys?i haven't decided on it yet.

brent0529
brent0529

This certainly has been reformulated. It now lacks something that once made it over the top awesome. Now, it's just awesome. But certainly different now than my 2010 bottle.

gargaum
gargaum

Fresh and comfy (orange zest), but mainly formal (vetiver-pepper) and gentle (benzoin-pelargonium). Perfect balance and longevity for a day at the office.

marioman
marioman

Vetiver and pepper with citrus skin.I like this scent to use early morning when drink coffee .But more i want this like air freshener than on my skin.Sharp and natural, and very common on the street now.Its ok.No pain but not gain.

po0ria
po0ria

برای اقایان بالای 25 سال و با تیپ رسمی مناسبه اگه فشن میپوشی و برای ددر دودور میخوای دورو بر این عطر نیا..

CesareBorgia
CesareBorgia

This is my favorite fragrance. I love the citrus opening and the spicy, woody dry down is absolutely sensational. I have a bottle that was produced in 2012 and a back up that I recently purchased, and I have no complaints with longevity and/or sillage; if it was any stronger I'd have to cut back on the application. Such a beautiful fragrance and appropriate for ANY occasion. If I only had one, this would definitely be it.

IFRA regulations are a reality. In 2011, Iso-E super was limited to 21.4%
The original Terre d'Hermes had a fairly high percentage of the synthetic fragrance Iso E, at 55%. Changes in IFRA regulations capped the permissible percentage of Iso E at 21.4%. Thus, Hermes had no choice but to reformulate.
While the fragrance maybe the same it has far less depth and longevity than earlier pre IFRA bottles.

Bottles produced from 2012 onwards had the regulated amounts of Iso-E super.

Bugsbunny
Bugsbunny

@CDGfan: I can't do nothing else than disagree whith you.
I have 2 bottles, one of 2007 that is about to finish and one of 2012 (tester), and I must say that they are the very same juice inside both of them.
I love this scent and I will always have a bottle for as long as i can.

CDGfan

@Van I have the 2006, 2009 and 2012 bottles. There are threads upon threads on Basenotes about TDH's reformulation by seasoned reviewers, in addition to the majority of reviewers here complaining about longevity.

The 2013 bottle is slightly better than the 2012 bottle, but not as good the pre IFRA 2012 bottles.

It is not "MY" experience , it is the actual nature of the fragrance itself.
No JCE creation was ever a sillage monster to begin with either but pre IFRA 2012 bottles had excellent longevity and good sillage.

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

@CDGfan
I find your experience quite surprising as it is very different from mine. My bottle is from 2013 and I get ridiculous projection and longevity out of it, to the point where I received a couple of "take it easy" remarks at work, and thats with just 2 sprays. Lasts definitely more than 10 hours, and I amost kinda wish it went away already. I love Terre though. It is a well worthy scent.

CDGfan

I have noticed a lot of reviewers indicate this has poor longevity and sillage. This fragrance was reformulated around 2012, with the reduction of the ISO-e super content in accordance with the new IFRA rules. I have a 2009 bottle and get 8-10 hours easily in terms of longevity. The current bottle, I get max 2-3 hours.

I recommend the Pure Parfum version, it lasts 10-12 hours on my skin and on clothes days!

While TDH always tends to get close to the skin after an hour. Spraying TDH parfum on clothes will give you very good projection.

Razz0
Razz0

@aleksandar.dragas6 - Luckily we're diffenrent then :). Was just a bit frustrated yesterday because of the hype around this smell. But hey, it was a shot in the dark.
My conclussion: it's way too citrus and bitter.

aleksandar.dragas6

@Razz0 I get it, because everyone's nose, skin and taste is different, nobody said you have to like it :P

sdcga161
sdcga161

I went to Nordstrom with a little money in my pocket today, with the intention of purchasing a few new Chanel scents to round out my collection. I did get Antaeus and Egoiste, but I also picked up the after shave balm for Terre, since I already have the EDP and EDT and deodorant stick. I put a little on the top go my hand was instantly reminded that this is just a jaw-droppingly beautiful fragrance. Yes it's mass market and yes a lot of people wear it, but so what? Beauty isn't a zero sum game. I've tried samples and decants of some insanely expensive scents, and none of them come even close to Terre. I can't wait to layer my balm (which I'll use as facial/neck moisturizer since I don't shave everyday) and EDT tomorrow morning before work. It will be the perfect way to start the week.

Happy Turtle
Happy Turtle

Sometimes this scent is strange in the way that it really 'gets up my nose'... I know that sounds weird but it's true. Sometimes it's just perfect. It's very earthy, citrusy, professional and versatile. For a fun and mature man, age 20+. One of my favourites :)

paoloalcantara
paoloalcantara

love the dirty freshness of this one! a winner for all seasons! can use it during summer.. for the whole day.
3-4 sprays max. one of my favorite scents!

xforce
xforce

This fragrance is glorious & overpowering. EDT version has better sailing power, much happier & friendlier scent. After 2 years buying the parfum version while I enjoyed this magnificence fragrance, I think it is very heavy and so formal for most of occasions. Now I like & prefer Terre EDT for day-to-day usage. Terre belongs to my top 5 favorites. My rating 9/10.

عطر فوق العاده با رايحه اى كم نظير و لذت بخش. قطعأ جزو معدود كارهايست كه بدون تست ميتوان خريد يا بدون نگرانى از پسنديده شدن هديه داد. حقيقتأ كار خاطره برانگيزيست. اولين بار در خيابان وزرا بعد از تست چند عطر مختلف بر روي پوست دست و گردن، اين كار را روي كتم اسپري كردم ، فقط دو پاف سمت چپ و راست، بعد از چند دقيقه بوي هيچكدام از عطرهاي قبلي به مشامم نميرسيد فقط بوي سحرانگيز آخر بود كه برهمه غلبه كرده بود. من نسخه غليظ تر پارفيوم را خريدم ولى الان فكر ميكنم نسخه اصلي انتخاب بهتري است

IamdanielmonayLA
IamdanielmonayLA

I'm a young 24yr old man. I am a fashion designer & I have a keen nose. This fragrance is not for everybody. It's complex it takes time to develop. It's levels to this cologne. I don't consider this to b for old men either. Anytime I wear it I get compliments all day by men & women, asking what I am Wearing. You only need 3 sprays max. Neck body & wrist anymore sprays is over doing it. Remember this: after you first spray, let it dry down then smell; it's amazing. I thought it was too much grapefruit for the top note but that dissipates quickly. It's about the body & the base. It's enchanting. I hope this helps, this was my first review. Take care & good luck fragrance shopping.

DonPatrizio
DonPatrizio

I bought a few samples of this on ebay for $9. My first impression is that it smells very rich. Hearty. It is a robust smell.

Typically I associate aquatics and citruses with a younger crowd. This smells the opposite of that. More of an older man, someone past 45 years old could wear this.

I'm also trying to place this where it would be appropriate to be worn. In an office it is too robust and unusual. It is unsettling when worn out a bar or somewhere similar. Like I said earlier, to me it smells like it is for someone older.

jmichaeltaylor1966
jmichaeltaylor1966

A masterpiece! I've been wearing this for over six months now and I enjoy it more and more. If the opening was a little better it would be a perfect 10. The dry down is incredible. A great scent with over 12 hours of longevity on me that is unique and masculine. Great work JC Ellena!

Besenotee
Besenotee

Loving Terre D’Hermes is easy because it is beautiful

jackfort
jackfort

Liked it until the girls at work spoiled it for me saying I smelled like a christmas tree...

strawberryswitchblade
strawberryswitchblade

First off, "Terre" absolutely is a unisex fragrance. It's neither a strong nor especially manly scent.
It reminds me a lot of "Eau des Merveilles". Both have the same ripe oranges and wood vipe. However, while "EdM" starts out sweet and gets even sweeter and cloying on my skin, "Terre" just gets warmer, deeper and more orangey. In combination with the forest-floor-after-rain impression I get, it has a fresh, clean, comforting and unobtrusive aura (btw, according to research, sniffing sweet orange oil reduces anxiety). "Terre" is one of my go-to, jeans-and-t-shirt, every day fragrances. Sillage is in the medium, longevity in the upper range.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

It's by far not your everyday fragrance... It's one of those scents, that you either love or hate!

Although it's worm wooden notes, make you feel like home, the leather and the vetiver make you feel somehow special and, most important, powerful.

It's not my favourite, but I like it a lot.

kaysee
kaysee

When I first sprayed it, I hated it. It's like a bug repellent or a toilet cleaner.
But after 10 minutes turns into what everyone says.

I like it, although I'm not crazy about it and don't really get the hype.

Dezine0
Dezine0

Upon spraying, it is pure turpentine then turn into citronella mosquito repellant. Not pleasant for a few minutes. Dry down smells exactly like freshly cut Honoki wood. Hinoki wood itself has a hint of orange and a very green high woody note. I like citrus and woody fragrances and have many ADT in this group but this smells like nothing else. Fresh, woody, spicy and not sweet or powdery. I only wear it when my mood is right for it but love it nevertheless. Like others mentioned, I cannot smell it on me after a few hours but my wife could smell it on me after 10 hours.

Rod1969
Rod1969

Iv 20 bottles and counting of, what I would call, reasonable colognes, and this is my favourite. For months I put a few spurts onto the test paper and wondered why all the fuss, why so expensive. Then a few weeks later,I headed down to another fragrance shop on a mission to buy, BODY KOUROS, and I did, love this as well.So in the shop the assistant was helpful and kept handing me test papers with different ones sprayed on them, so I filled me pocket as you do with all the strips of paper, then on the way out I asked her to spurt some TDH on my arm and, WOW, how goods this..lasted for ages and could NOT stop sniffing it. Next day I bough a bottle, unreal....
Anyhow, the lesson I took out a this was, dont rely on the test papers, to much, when making a decision.

Marciu

I'm really confused with this fragrance nowadays. I've tested it out again recently and I don't know what to say. I mean I heard that some part of Terre that was in local Sephoras and Douglases might have been spoilt, actually the part that was officially distributed in my country might've been spoilt. That would match why it lasted 3 hours on me.

I tried it several times this week and it lasted 12 hours on my skin, just like in 2011 and earlier. I don't get it. What the heck?

I guess I'll have to find out myself, I mean I'll have to buy blind a bottle with 13- or 14- batch and see myself.

Really, really weird situation.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

بعضی روایح هستند که متعلق به دوره و زمان و مکان خاصی نیستند . نه قدیمی میشوند نه مدرن هستند . جاری در تمام زمان ها و مکانها هستند.و بدون شک " تر د هرمس "دارنده چنین خصیصه ای هست.ه
رایحه ای بسیار خوشبو و متفاوت و اندکی خوشمزه ،ثمره ترکیب وتیور ، پرتقال ، فلفل سیاه وسرو .ه
حس خاکی شاخصه اصلی عطر هست .با ترکیب مرکبات و فلفل با این حس خاکی میشه گفت بوی خاکی میده که جنسش از مرکبات ،فلفل هست.مطمئنا این حس خاکی را وتیور القا میکنه.هر چه قدر بو میکنی بیشتر راغب به استشمامش میشی و دوست داری با نفسی عمیق این رایحه رو به تار و پود وجودت برسونی.رایحه ای نرم اما روحیه ای غیر نرم و نسبتا جدی دارد.اصلا به فکر به رخ کشیدن این بو در بین مردم نباشید.زیرا فقط برای تو ساخته شده است.ه
هر دوستدار عطری باید این عطر رو داشته یاشه.ه
مناسب چهار فصل
ماندگاری5/3.5
پخش بو5/3.5
متفاوت بودن:5/5
ارزش خرید :5/5

ronaleo10
ronaleo10

After my new found love in colognes ...i have sampled more than 25 colognes in last 1 and half month.

This has to be hands down best one i have come across.
After initial orange blast , its so smooth and will never give fatigue to your nose.

Longevity is monstrous
Sillage is moderate to heavy depending how much you spray.

Overall perfect 10/10.

dubairob
dubairob

Pencil shavings and orange peel spread along a flinty sun-scorched, windswept scene somewhere across Africa's red-orange soil.This fragrance feels like a continent in a bottle. And yet....

Terre d'Hermes is undoubtedly a staggering step in a different direction - at least for the House of Hermes. Prior to this their trinity of fragrances for men - Equipage (1970), Bel Ami (1986)and Rocabar (1998) - did much to clearly emphasise quality of ingredients as a critical determinant of how a fragrance should be perceived. Here, however, there is the presence of the almighty molecule of modern perfumery, Iso-E-Super, at play.

And it is that molecule that raises a question mark over the otherwise beautiful landscape of Terre d'Hermes. This is only because there is a slight chemical twist to Terre that can sometimes be a little too evident, a little bit like a chemical factory belching its fumes across an otherwise pristine red African vista. At least to me.

Aside from that there is still so much that is positive and wonderful about this creation. Its longevity is excellent, its projection is precisely as much as you need, and the versatility of this fragrance is one of the best of the last ten years. It is very, very good.

At this point I am still a little undecided between Like and Love, and am going to live on the Terre a little longer before I decide to stay....

Obsessedboy
Obsessedboy

Bought this Treasure yesterday. Such an Amazing Fragrance.I think, I have got my Signature fragrance!! Love the Earthy Orangy Vibe in this. Longevity and Projection is Outstanding!!

Quality- 10/10
Longevity- 10/10 (12+ hours on my skin)
Projection- 9/10

Roman86
Roman86

What a beauty. I used to own the EDT version of Terre d'Hermes years ago and I really liked it. It smelled complex, earthy with orange notes. All the descriptions are true. It is a great fragrance that lasts a while and projects beautifully. You don't have to spray this one a lot to get good projection and longevity. For those that never smelled this, it may be worth a blind buy. I just bought myself a 50ml bottle of this treasure for old time's sake. Update: This is just as I remembered it and wore it again today but I think I have the smell embedded in my memory to the point where I no longer need to wear it.

harrypbuana
harrypbuana

Great fragrance. Has a fresh, earthy, orange, and vetiver scents. Smells like rainfall or wet forest, very natural. I love this stuff although some of my fam don't like it. I only use it occasionally because i think its too mature for my age now.

rum
rum

Think fruit, earth, water & minerals. It's hard to put this scent into a category as it is so unique. It can have many sides to it. In really hot weather, there are elements of grapefruit and pepper that stand out; whereas in wet or cooler weather, it gives a fresh water-like scent reminiscent of the 'first rainfall'. My girl loves it beyond belief and I have no hesitation in branding this my 'signature scent'. For me, it's No 1.

I've always had a bottle or two of the EdT since Summer 2006, when I first picked this up. I remember that first whiff right to this day. It was pure heaven! Since then, I have also got hold of the EdP, which as others have said is more earth/woody and less citrus.

My rule now is EdP in the colder months (autumn / winter) and EdT in warmer weather (spring / summer).

Niaou Gav-Gav
Niaou Gav-Gav

This is maybe my favourite scent of all time! I never get bored of it! I would describe it as super classy!!
There was a time that I was so in love with it that I bought it for myself even though I'm a girl! At this point I have to say that it's not the epitome of masculinity and it can easily be worn by anybody. It's so fresh and classic! Finally I gave it to my dad as it makes the perfect match together with his decent tuxedos!

Icucino
Icucino

This is the one that made me fall in love with fragrances. I got this and Bleu de Chanel as a birthday gift. Everybody at home loved the Chanel and disliked this. Everybody but me... this thing is just magic! It is bold, mature and unique. It simply makes me smile and feel really confident ! For some people it may be an ugly duck but to me it is the most beautiful swan of the entire lake.
p.s.If you like orange, pepper and vetiver you owe it to yourself to give it a try.
My one and only 10 out of 10

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

How Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men was really created...

According to legend Jean-Claude Ellena, was taking a walk at a French countryside on a hot summer afternoon. He was holding a woven basket on one hand and his pet a French Bulldog named Pepe Le Pew.
When he had this idea of creating a magical summer scent made with "8" ingredients from all over the world that would unite all men during hot summer days.

He picked a couple of fresh yellow grapefruit straight from its tree and couple of big overly ripe oranges from the dirt that has fell from its tree probably a couple of days old.

He then went to his outdoor kitchen and squeezed the juices from those fresh grapefruits and big oranges in a large bronze mixing pot.
He could smell that it's has and old orange smell, not as sweet, a little bitter and the scent from the dirt has also seeped in through the oranges as well.

To start creating this mysterious scent, each of the ingredient have to be combined and measured to perfection to achieve the perfect scent he was looking for, no more and no less.
He cannot fail, the summer scent for men was on his hands and failure was not an option.

He started by adding a large bundle of sun dried vetiver grass to add this earthy sweetness, a handful of benzoin resin to add a vanilla like aroma, freshly cracked black and white peppers to add a little spice and hand picked patchouli leaves and pelargonium/geranium flowers to add a sense of refreshing freshness into the bronze pot filled with grapefruit and orange juice.

He then mixed the "7" ingredients and put them in a copper still. The fire has been started and the temperature of the liquid has to be consistent. The ingredients was slowly cooked to perfection.
Steam from all the ingredients slowly started to evaporte and gather on the cover of the still.
He can finally start to smell the scent, but he knows something was still missing.

Along with the steam, precious oil was also collecting below the copper still cover. A narrow copper pipe is connected to the cover, it runs down, around and a few feet straight through a cold fresh water stream that helps to cool down the hot oil.
At the end of the pipe was the final and 8th ingredient that completes the unfinished scented oil...a jar made of cedar wood that becomes the container and gives subtle woody scent to the cologne.
Once the cooled oil drips from the copper pipe into the wooden cedar jar, it mixes with fresh water from the Alps.
The adventure of the perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena is now finished.

Finally, a cologne that will unite all men during hot summer days has been created .

The magical summer juice was called "Terre d'Hermes Hermes for men".
And alot of men lived happily from that summer until now...
The End... = )

And yes I was so bored why I wrote this.

Thanks for being bored like me and finished reading this.

I made up the fairy tale and science of making colognes, but I am SERIOUS with the ingredients that is used to create this wonderful cologne.

I don't know why I came up with this story. I don't even know how oils are harvested and mixed to the right amount.
I guess, I just want to do a unique review on colognes.

My overall rating is 9/10

larali
larali

I am finding I enjoy men's fragrances more than women's... maybe it's the tomboy in me, but men's frags always have that little kick that makes you want to get up and move, and I need that during the day. While I want something energizing, I still want to smell like a girl, and not like my fashionable uncle.

Anyway, this perfume is not for me. It's masculine! Definitely masculine. Soft and understated, orangey, spicy. Elegant. I thought it was such a quiet smell until I realized it would waft around me as I moved! How on earth the creators make perfume do that, I do not know.

So while it's not something I would wear as a female, it's a great one for a guy! Try it. I think it would be great for office wear or heck, any place you want to leave a great impression.

(Sorry I can't give more info on the notes, but I've never smelled pelogonium before so I'm not sure what I'm smelling here, but it's nice.)

ivyheel
ivyheel

I rarely take the time to walk over to the mens' perfume section, but since I've run out of feminine fragrances to test I felt I should give the masculine ones a chance. First up, Terre d'Hermes. The opening is a little harsh and smells earthy but in a dirty way. Somewhat shocking and unpleasant. Then the drydown comes and it is amazing. Very clean, soapy, citrusy, woody. The vetiver comes through nicely and is evident. I think a dressed-down woman could pull this off! Beautiful.

duncan.snape.9
duncan.snape.9

I have a dilemma with this one. I really like it, my partner does not. I enjoy the masculinity and power of the scent that doesn't come with any dirtiness or clashing notes. She finds the woodiness too overpowering/astringent. Take your pick I guess...

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

This is a masterpiece and Jean-Claude Ellena is genius!
I'm a woman, but I wear this perfume in this concentration and I love it!( by the way is there a segnificant difference between EDT and EDP???)
Soft spices mixed with vetiver and sweet benzoin - it's true dilight for the sences. I couldn't believe how good the notes worked with my chemistry. I think vetiver is going to become a favourite note of mine.
Great sillage and great staying power - on my skin lasted over 8 hours in a cold weather. And at last, I really love the bottle!

akil.reza
akil.reza

One of my favorite from my small eau du toilette collection, multiple layer scent, sometime harmonious and also dissonant in any other seconds. The base powdery nuance works great with the sharp top notes, both swirling nicely on the the firm sweet spicy heart note, it reveals it self like a legendary tale.

nylady
nylady

I brought a sample home for my husband from Sephora. I should have checked the price first, it is a fortune. My husband went crazy for it and me too. I guess we're going to have to buy it. I can't imagine anyone not liking this. The words that come to mind:
Loveable
Masculine but Tender
Happy
Cuddly
Hero
Clean
Intoxicating up close
He and I've been searching for that "it" cologne for him for almost ten years. This is IT. (He only wears fragrance on special occasions, never for work at all. He does not want to attract attention and Hermes Terre would do that).

bootsincollege
bootsincollege

I bathe with the all over shampoo. It's just a wonderful experience! The sillage fills the bathroom and when I exit, I feel like I've been amorously hugged.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

iso E Super and orange. Great summer scent with very good sillage and longevity.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

This is not a lady killer. Women as such dont care for it. One gorg lady sang its praises to me promising that I keep it a secret but its too off the wall and doesnt last that long. 90% of a reason to wear fragrance is to be more alluring to women...This is not it. Sorry. Overpriced too!

pinktojen
pinktojen

I held off buying this forever for no reason. Now that I have it I love it on me and my man.
Its soft and sophisticated. Its what a Facconable man would wear.

FRAGRANCEZ
FRAGRANCEZ

عطر رائع وفخم.
an absolutely stunning and classy fragrance.
almost perfect in every aspect: scent, longevity and projection.

ahmed.jasim
ahmed.jasim

عطر جميل جدا يجمع بين الحوامض و التوابل

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

TDH is a great scent. One of the must haves in my opinion. It's so versatile that it can be worn all year round, but really shines in the fall. Terre D'Hermes is very earthy. Some of the key notes that come to mind are the orange, cedar, pepper, and vetiver. Those are the key players in this scent. Some have said this fragrance is comparable to a scent from the house of Montale - Red Vetyver. While they do share similarities, Red Vetyver is in a different league. The biggest difference in the two is that TDH has that beautiful orange note. I say beautiful but it is actually dirty and bitter. The pepper is minimal in here so don't let that alarm you.

The price point is a little high, but you get what you pay for in my opinion.

The performance is excellent. This stuff lasts and lasts and projects very well.

If you love earthy/woody/citrus scents, I think TDH is the one for you.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Smells like oranges.

dda
dda

I love it when i smell the bottle, but soon as i spray i find it to be too soft and feminine on my skin

i find it important to say that this scent does not fit for every skin-chemistry

Critic
Critic

Has a tendency to smell like cannabis at times. Love the dry orange blended with a bitter vetiver. Very nice.

hanne58
hanne58

I have this fragrance but I can't seem to like it no matter how hard I try, anyone want to swap, contact me, Uk only.

aryo

For my self.. i really love and enjoy this frag..
But not work in my office and my partner. Ladies around me said i smell like mystical something and kind like affraid of. Eheheheheh..
Yeaah.. i consider everybody have different kind of oldfact..
For day summer time,
I try essenza adg.. they like but i dont coz egg effect.. then i try this.. i really love and enjoy.. but not with my friend and partner..
So i use armani sport athlete or yang 3, by jacques fath. They both have a fresh citruscy smell.. and JPG LEMALE, or encre noir, eikon oriflame or armani code for a night..
They all safe scent and grab many compliment..
I give 9/10 over terre d'hermes for my self..
And i said it give some wise effect and mystical effect on man.
So if u a mature and have power on ur office..
I recommended this..
But if u dont.. just try to avoid ur boss when u used this frag.. eheheheh..

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

I am a vetiver lover and Terre d'Hermes has been my signature over many a summer. Zesty bitter orange / grapefruit combined with spicy pepper create a backdrop for earthy woods, and off course JCE's signature use of ISO E Super. It's a wonderful formula: fresh, masculine and women find it extremely sexy. I recall when I purchased it in Duty Free many years ago, I had a business meeting that day and afterwards dropped into a wine bar for some cognac and espresso. At some point a waitress came and said '...by the way those ladies having lunch outside would like to know what perfume you are wearing...' Now that's a positive way to start an evening in a foreign city! I have the complete collection these days: shaving cream, aftershave lotion, moisturising balm etc. I simply adore the scent of TDH, it brings rich memories of summertime bliss, romance, sex and good times... A modern classic that will always be in my rotation. Bravo!

ed

Although I don't personally love it, this frag seems to attract some very positive compliments. More than anything else I've worn recently.

This fragrance is very long lasting. YOU may not be able to smell it anymore after a few hours, but other people can. Do not apply too much! TdH is *not* a skin scent, but it can trick the wearer into thinking that it is!

jtappenden
jtappenden

Wonderful,aromatic & spicy.Notes of orange,pepper,spices & vetiver.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

There is something very alluring and sexy about this perfume. I will always recognize it on a man and I will always notice this man. Top stuff!

Idlehands

the ONLY negative thing I can say about TDH is that it doesn't project quite enough for long enough. it lasts a long time on my skin but sits too close too quick. the scent however is very unique and def an acquired taste. I think it's an attractive scent. worth trying once at least.

ed

I sense a concentrated orange extract + Iso E Super. Does anyone agree?

luz.del.sol
luz.del.sol

Have any one notice those garbage cans that have a small plate on top to put off the cigars ? Ok,
It seams like Hermes collects those old used cigar
buds and get's them inside the Terre D'Hermes bottle.
I tried this one at Nordstrom and wen I got home
my wife punished me for been smoking chip cigars !.

Jean B Grenouille
Jean B Grenouille

To the last two reviewers.

I know that TdH costs an absolute fortune in Brazil. Like three times the cost of purchasing the product in, say, Europe. I very much understand that it may not appear to be worth that asking price. But that does not make it a bad fragrance.

MarcosBr

Just stick to Boticario, MarcosBS

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

já tentei 2 vezes , nao consegui,a união de algumas notas nao me agradaram, laranja super amarga com vetiver muito maduro me fizeram desistir dele. uma opção a Terre é o Guerlain Homme l'eau boisee:mais suave e casual.
*Aroma/Scent : 5/10
*Longevidade/Longevity : 9/10
*Projeção/Silage: 7,5/10

mersilover84
mersilover84

do not, i repeat, do not underestimate projection and longevity on this one. one's nose becomes fatigued to it, but recently I've been wearing it a lot more after getting unexpected compliments, surprisingly, hours after application

Terre D'Hermes:

I feel it's very important to review fragrances based on the actual scent, and not be overly influenced by the power of branding. Hermes, of course, has expensive and desirable associations. So here goes.

1. I like the dry down and it does get compliments; even when I can barely smell it. I received a glowing compliment this morning from someone I hardly know. This was about 2-3 hours after application.

For me, the dry down smells more natural than the top notes.

2. Immediately after application, my nose is confused by this fragrance. There is a powerful orange note which on the one hand is slightly bitter... but on the other hand it's tainted with a ?synthetic sweetness which reduces the freshness of the orange. As of yet, I am unsure what to make of it. Will have to report back after wearing it a few more times.

Ed

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

Terre D'Hermes is a truly second skin scent. TDH is fully of the most sexy vibe blended with a natural aroma of citruses freshness. This earthy fragance is made of grounded elements that reminds you where are you coming from. It's just an unforgettable experience of pleasure and sensations.

hermesfan01
hermesfan01

For me the projection and longevity is very very poor, bought the perfume version a while ago and had the toilette version before this one but its just too expensive for its longevity and projection qualities.

Too bad because the first time i smelled it i was in heaven, blind bought it and learned a big lesson.

theodusko
theodusko

I agree very much with the previous reviewer. It's a great scent, but horribly disappointing when it comes to projection and longevity. I actually bought this because it seemed like a more summery version of Gucci Pour Homme, with a bit of orange on top of the cedar and pepper, but unfortunately it disappointed in the same way Gucci did.
If you don't mind reapplying several times a day, or if you are one of the lucky ones with a body chemistry that allows this scent to linger, I would highly recomed this as a great choice.

ifat
ifat

An excellent fragrance by Hermes ,after applying give it some time to dry down only then you'll feel the real vibe of this masterpiece! Highly Recommended!

alicektn
alicektn

Excquisite quality of vetiver and cedar, and I could swear that there is mango in there too. Suitable for all seasons! My brother's favorite scent, he has bought it many times (and I am so happy that I was the one who helped him find it the first time!).

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

Sophisticated Patchouli. For those of you who love patchouli, although feel that it can be slightly too strong at times, this is a great blend. Smells like the earth. Love it. Smells so natural. One of my faves along with Mugler cologne and Jasper Conran.

Poor longevity...i feel like i get an hour maybe two before i need another spritz or three. you can lay this stuff on thick

fadi.jaffar
fadi.jaffar

Close your eyes...this fragrance does seem to take you on a journey.

Sparkling and fresh at the beginning, dusty and heavy near the end - feelings any traveller can relate to.

This perfume is light and easy with a hint of darkness that scuttles away once you start looking for it too closely. It reminds me of the sea, and spices from far away lands, and there's a carefree element here that's extremely attractive.

It's a unisex fragrance, it simply felt a masculine on my own skin. Very sexy on a man, and hopefully as I get older my skin might change and I may be able to pull this off.

Mercurial Muzz

Can someone please clarify for certain, is Hilaire correct in saying this has been reformulated? Say it isn't so.
What is going on with all these reformulations?
I think it is time companies placed a 'warning' on the boxes of fragrances stating that they have been altered. As consumers surely we are entitled to know these things prior to purchase.

Idlehands

love. love. love. love. what else can I say?

Hilaire
Hilaire

Reformulations have gutted this always fairly tenuous composition. Reduction of the grape fruit ingredients to fit regulations has left it little more than some fairly harsh smelling synthetic lemon and a whole lot if Iso E Super. Really not worth anyone's money any more.

fayez188
fayez188

رائع ولذيذ

freesia for men's
freesia for men's

Ok this is my first review (so bear with me), I am 30 years old (male). I needed new perfume, so after reading some reviews I have in mind Chanel Egoiste Platinum and Dior Homme Intense.

In the store, after trying on tester paper.First one I dindn't was impress at all and the second one was remind me the opening of Boucheron Jaipur (wich I don't like) so I leave the store.

After 10-15 min I was come back, the girl from the store was asking me wich I like more. I said none of them. She was intrigued (like Why?) I said Chanel E.P. didn't impress me and the second one is not my type and little bit ''to feminine for my normal taste''.

After this, I try it some Kenzo's, YSL la Nuit (I like this one) and I said if I don't find something better I will stay with YSL. The last one was Terre d´Hermes wich was able to put a big smile to my face. First words in my mind: ''Wow this is STRONG and Masculine'' and ''Take your blazer and go to club!''

For summer I prefer fresh perfumes (for the moment): Chanel Allure Blanche Edition, Dior Homme Sport etc. But for the rest of the year Terre d´Hermes could be the only one.

P.S: Because is fresh enough you can use it in summer but only 1-2 spraying and better outdoor).

Now this is my opinion. So the only advise I can say, is: Don't buy blind! I know is more comod to stay in your couch and just do some clicks but the real life experiense is so much better...

merosara
merosara

If you are not a gentleman in your 30s at least, please do not try this or buy it or even write a review about it. This one is for mature men with experience, sophistication and strong presence.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

I will never understand why this scent it's so popular...Maybe it's my skin but the longevity for the eau de toillete it's sooo bad,it fades in a matter of minutes,after one hour i can't smell it anymore.Poor projection,stays close to the skin all the time,poor longevity.And i didn't test a fake one,it's a sample i got from Douglas store.
The smell itself it's pleasant,as many said it's rotten oranges and a woody base...
It seems suitable for a mature crowd (35+) if you don't mind the bad longevity or if your skin it's "compatible" with this fragrance!Personally i wouldn't pay 110 usd for this one,more like 20-30 usd top, since it's no better than some oriflame/avon fragrance in terms of longevity and sillage!

jérémie.simonet
jérémie.simonet

Smells earthy, soft and pepper-ry. I love it!

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

Yes Yes Yes. I've worn fragrances over my 52 years of planet earth....and though the MOST interesting frag has been Dior Fahrenheit and Issey, the most Pleasant WAS Jo Malone Oud and Berg. I said WAS because I returned it. Wasn't worth the 150, concerning the sillage and longevity on MY skin. So I returned it to get what I shoulda bought initially.......Terre dHermes. Not gonna story tell...every time I bought a frag from THE store, I would freely spray a couple decants of dHermes from the tester. I have enough to actually last more than a few wears!!! But what I realize is "THATS NOT GONNA BE ENOUGH"!! I need it at work..I drive subway trains around the yard.......after I get home and shower to look at Springer, AND after my rinse off before BED, for bed. I shoulda bought the parfum, but I've spent enough in the last 3 months on my splurge...... I'm keeping the 3.3 EDT and not sure what I'm gonna do with the rest of the colognes I bought recently. Maybe I'll just sell them on Craigslist???

Goktug
Goktug

for me it's enough masculine + gentle + soft wonderful smell but perfume version has better long.

TheMSDR
TheMSDR

this is all vetiver and pelargonium on my skin. I smell like my mothers back yard. I need to take some time with this one, its a bit feminine and borderline for me.

Marciu

Longevity with the current juice = approx. 2 hours. Without any sillage. No, thanks for such crap :(

Batch code was 30AS - produced id 2013, January...

manzoor86
manzoor86

i am going to change my signature for it i was using since i was on the boards,which said"people use signature perfumes,perfume is my signature",
the first gush of bitter oranges and earthy notes blown away my mind,as if it was made for me only,the word "total irresistible"truly implicate my nose,a lot of words haunts my mind,but i think it would be like catching stars,and here i am silent,eager for words...

BeeZo875
BeeZo875

This frag gives me the old man peeling oranges vibe. If you're looking for compliments this is not the frag you want..Tried giving it to my dad and he said the same thing..And he's 64! Giving this to my nephew, he'll love it strictly cause its Hermes (label/marketing whore)..

stockbreak
stockbreak

Just picked up a bottle of the EdT after much sampling between this and the EdP.....both are wonderful in their own ways. In my own humble , personal opinion, this scent is autumn and everything it encompasses. Very earthy, the orange is simply amazing to me. When I smell this, I picture an old abondoned wooden ranch on a dirt road....its sunset, and the scent of the nearby oranges that have fallen from the trees is wafting through the air, storm clouds are beginning to roll in....anyway thats the image it invokes for me lol. Very enjoyable and unique fragrance.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I have the parfum and it is a fantastic scent, I noticed that the parfum stayed a little closer to the skin though , still a great scent, I bought a small 12.5 mil edt just to get the projection the edt seemed to give me . together it is a fantastic combination. the best of both worlds. a little brighter as well with the citrus while the parfum seems to get more of the vetiver woods and spice. if you like this scent I think you will enjoy the combination if you can pull this off..what a combination..

This is an updated review now that I have this magical elixir.
I recognised that it was a grower but I was in two minds in my initial review ...not anymore I've firmly landed in the Love camp!
The bitter orange in the beginning is perfectly balanced with hard spicy notes it's a masterpiece and very masculine.
I think Terre d'Hermes is one for the true connoisseur and not the faint hearted.

Marciu

Now it's so weak and short lasting, that anyone can wear this, lol.

Good old Terre was for more mature crowd IMO, I'd say 20 and up. Style - fitted for all styles: casual, smart casual and as a formal suit and tie scent.

I wonder if JC Ellena had sniffed out what happened to his masterpiece (yes, this was a masterpiece, but sadly IS NOT anymore).

petranfx
petranfx

recomendet age please?

frog23
frog23

Maybe it was a bad bottle i got, but this smelled like plastic on me. I hated it.

laurasinging
laurasinging

This is gentle man fragrance. not too sexy but masterpiece for sure!

Theperfumeman
Theperfumeman

Not too sure about the cucumber note as mentioned in the below review. I did not get it.

Opening was all orange. Nothing else. And da*n good at that. Really loved it.

Classic.

ppokpoon
ppokpoon

Having read positive comments on this fragrance, I bought three 100-ml. bottles of it at a time. The price per unit is comparatively high. IMO, this fragrance smells manly, classy and elegant. Especially, the scent becomes distinctive and even a little pungent when I sweat. I've found that its projection and longevity are moderate, not so great or heavy as already stated by some other people. However, the smell sticks onto my skin long enough -- at least for more than one half of a day. This is a good and interesting fragrance but it is sometimes overrated when compared to its price. One might like or dislike the smell of this kind. For me, it's OK. I like this one and its bottle cap, which is of a chic and stylish design.

Well you can't deny this scent is certainly memorable and original. I'm not sure whether I absolutely love it or hate it! These are usually the best scents to persevere with because when you do and end up liking them it gives you more variation in your collection. Initial blast of fruity citrus soon makes way for a peppery earthy notes its quite a old Skool 'Dad' style masculine fragrance which is also quite boozy, something I'm not usually fond of but I think I quite like that element in this one.
Again it's a strange mix of the old mans fragrance and the contemporary young mans quite clever really and possibly could be genius.
I'll have to get a bottle at some stage because I certainly don't have anything similar.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE MONK AND HIS GRANDMA

I liberally put this sample scent on my bare chest, neck, and wrists - and immediately wanted to wash it off. However, since I believe in equal rights for all fragrance samples, I refrained.

The first word that came to mind - PUNGENT.

I envisioned myself visiting a silent Neanderthal looking monk in an underground dank cave wearing his grandmother's sweet perfume.

After about an hour, the monk decides to break his vows of silence and have a somewhat friendly conversation (and thankfully his grandma's perfume has mellowed as well.)

I won't be visiting the monk again - but, it was a worthwhile experience.

The opening I liked - blast of citruses, but very quickly some strange earthy-leathery note came out strong and dominated the whole time it lasted..It's so distinctive that u'll likely love it or hate it.. Don't want to say the fragrance is not good, but try it before buying...unique smell, not for man under 30..

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Despite being very original and famous, I didn't like it. This gives me the idea of a moldy room in a old house. My wife told me she thinks in a rusty boat in the ocean. The best part is originality, I've never smelt something like it, but wouldn't buy this perfume.

Sonic69
Sonic69

I have almost 40 fragrances and this one is one of my favourites. I'm surprised that the last few reviews were negative, well more for me then haha.
It starts off with a burst of fruits but with the pepper quite obvious now that I've learnt to identify that note. It is quite unique and I can see why it was the fragrance of the year for a couple of years on other forums. I absolutely love it!
Longevity and sillage for me are outstanding. Definitely would buy again when I run out.

iancasanova

i have a very picky nose, im not easily impress by fragrances and this 1 smells just very dirty to me,, its strange in a wrong way" i love hermes fragrances but not terre"

LookOut
LookOut

This "review" will be a short one, seeing as it'll be based on a test in the store instead of a sample. It's a skin test though!

Anyways, I didn't like this scent unfortunately. At least not when freshly sprayed. Recently I've noticed more and more that I have a strong dislike towards scents where vetiver is very dominant. Like this one.

Once it dries down, I can smell the orange, lemon and pepper some more when the vetiver takes a bit more of a backseat, which is obviously more pleasant.

DocNZ
DocNZ

This one takes a bit getting used too. It's certainly unique, and where I live nobody is wearing it.

I didn't like it the first time I smelt it. Its opening is extremely peppery to me. The citrus orange is also dominant but not as much as the pepper. To me the pepper overtakes the vetiver.

However after a few wears and getting to "understand" this fragrance, I quite like this it in the end.

After an hour or so the pepper moves into the background and the woody earth orange scent plays the major role. Unfortunately for me the scent sits very close to the skin by this stage so I only get whiffs of it; though the longevity is excellent, more than 12 hours.

To me it's a semi sour, earthy, peppery, over-ripe orange scent that is probably, for me, suited to casual day wear. I thinks it's only office friendly if you let it settle for a while. I wouldn't wear this at night personally. The weather is warming up here, and the heat certainly amplifies it and brings the pepper back.

If you are used to woody spicy fragrances with dominant citrus/pepper notes this is a must. There is certainly quality in this scent.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Tested TdH at my local emporium, one spray on the skin.
Citrusy-spicy opening, rather sweet. My nose effortlessly detected caramel and tobacco (none included in the official pyramid; amusing, ah?). Probably some honey, too. Someone can find a vague resemblance between TdH and Lemon Strepsils. My impression is a bit different, more along Orange & Honey Strepsils line :)
Nicely balanced floral and woody notes. Beautiful development and a bit disappointing drydown, overly sweetish.
Longevity - very good, more than 7 hrs. Sillage - average.
Bottom line: not bad at all but... Too many "buts" for a pricey status symbol like this one.
Won't buy it right now but probably will try it again. Will be happy to change/alter my judgement.

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

I got rid of my old bottle of TdH and replaced it with a new one from a basenotes member. This bottle has been much better. This has become one of my favorites. TdH is a beast - excellent longevity and great silliage. The opening is bold citrus and then it changes to a wonderful spicy woody cedar dry down. (Just be careful about how much you spray - two is good for the day three can be used in extreme circumstances.)

Steppero

Update, after letting this sit, i get more lemon zest than orange. smells identical to the lemon strepsils tablets

Steppero

received mine today. Very masculine scent. woody/orange skin smell. I can see where people say it smells like rotten oranges, but that's not a correct description. it smells like a woody orange peel that's been laying in dirt, or on the window ledge to dry out. Very pleasant, I also get a hint of lemon? Either way very nice

Redbeard
Redbeard

It is true that Terre smells like orange peels and a little sand. It is also true that it is transparent: seemingly weak when you sniff the spot you sprayed, but strongly present from time to time out of the corner of your nose, so to speak, as you move around during the day. Unfortunately, it's a bit perfumey, which I know is a vague word that will cause some consternation around here, but I use it to mean over-produced or over-polished with too many ingredients, or at least the illusion thereof. I feel like Terre was hyped to be somehow profound and different, perhaps a vision of citrus and desert sand as portrayed by someone who doesn't live with those smells on a daily basis, but only fond memories from a trip long ago. I tried to figure out just what makes Terre so deep, and eventually realized that it isn't particularly deep at all; it's just a very Zen cloud of orange peels, and orange peels smell nice.

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I love it but where the heck is the longevity? I want to return it but then I'll only wish I still had it. It's a beautiful fragrance, I just lose its sentiments after a while.

WRS67
WRS67

The more I wear this, the more I love it. I can understand how people might not love Terre, but I really don't understand how anyone could dislike it.

Jean-Claude Ellena did a masterful job creating a fragrance that ties together vegetation (orange predominates to my nose) with earth (reminiscent of wet rocks or graphite). Separately, the ingredients are interesting; woven together in this composition they move to the spectacular!

The mineral and spice elements tone down the sweetness of the citrus, giving this frag a nice masculine touch. It's warm, yet light, and could work in any season.

Longevity is very good, and sillage is, too - but it's not overpowering. I like Terre so much that I broke down and bought the parfum!

Travis453
Travis453

Stopped in for a tie, left switching from a tie connoisseur to a fragrance aficionado. The Hermes employee had opened up the world of fine fragrance to me with Terre. When I smelled it all I could think of was just how high class it smelled, as if I were in a very nice house with the finest woodwork you could imagine and it was giving off a citrus vibe after just being cleaned, and that is why this is my signature fragrance, that and a bundle of memories that go with it!

mohammad alhasan
mohammad alhasan

@ADCout:
great review and agree with every single word..
but for "Most men don't wear perfume"..I wonder how someone can live without wearing perfumes..for me I can live without clothes but can never without my lovely perfumes..:)

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Nothing to add to what have been said about how magnificent this is.

I wore this during a very special event/occurrence in my life and every time i wear it now , it reminds me of that time.

Gorgeous vetiver, refreshing oranges and classy benzoin.

Longevity and Sillage both great on my skin.

Masterpiece.

omarilm1
omarilm1

Ok I brought this from Nordstrom for $110 and it isn't as loud as ppl said... I had to put on 12 sprays to actually smell it. Gets close to skin after 3-4 hours, but its a ok scent needs more silage

kerry_rahma
kerry_rahma

i recently purchased this for my father in law, because he's 60 YO but still very young at heart.. i think this perfume is kinda like him.. the citrus gives is a fresh young scent and the woody gives an old and mature thing, but it blended perfectly and making it a fresh yet formal perfume.. i don't really understand notes, but this is a woody men's perfume which is heavy on wood but doesn't smell dull to me.. sillage moderate, longevity is long lasting.. really love this on 30's something men

ADCout
ADCout

Terre d'Hermès is one of the best men marketed recent releases. It's a true quality scent, which pleases everyone.

It starts with a burst of citrus, I can definitely say that the most noticeable one is orange, and it dries down to a very peppery-woody-citric scent, with vetiver and orange, again (as you can see, orange is there from the beggining) being the main notes. I can also say that benzoin can be detected, giving a balmy feel to the scent, although is not proeminent.

The thing about Terre d'Hermès is that it is a fragrance for everything: for every ages, every seasons and every occasions. It's not too mature for a young one to wear, and it's not too young for an old person to wear. It will fit every single season; I would avoid it just in extreme hot conditions. It can be used in formal events, as well as casual every day meetings and life. There are very few perfumes who can adapt to everything like this one.

The quality of the ingredients are top notch: it smells so mild and natural, like we're in the desert, and suddenly, we get the refreshing scent that the wind brought of an orange tree.

The longevity is very good (7-10h) and the sillage is noticeable, never being too loud, but loud enough for people to understand you're wearing perfume (and a good one).

It's a success in sales, and perhaps that's Terre's biggest problem: it's a bit too mainstream. But, who cares? Most men don't wear perfume, so go for it!

If you're looking for a neutral fragrance that fits every person, age, climate, and occasions, this is the right one to buy!

sameh

Now it's a summer time & 4 those who red my first review a bout Terre d'Hermes that I wrote in winter which I said I will try it out in the summer & write another review , well 2 tell u the truth it performed better in the summer now regarding the longevity , silage & projection BUT unfortunately NOT THAT GOOD ( at least not that I was hoping 4 ) cause I was hoping 4 more , much more !

P.S. but the thing is I will always love this scent no matter what & here is my first review 4 those who did not read it :

When i got my Terre d'Hermes i was having a high hope since i red many positive reviews about it & the truth is it's a GRATE SCENT with every sense of the word , but the problem that it has a WEAK STAYING POWER ON MY SKIN , after half an hour i can"t smill it ( although i sprayed about an 80 spry each time ) , will may be cause it's winter & it will stay & project better & well in the summer ( i don't know if it is a winter or summer freg ) , but i will give it the benefit of the doubt & will try it in the summer since i have another bottle 2 make sure it"s not my body chemistry against this GRATE SCENT that im IN LOVE WITH IT , cause if it turned out 2 b the same result , i will be highly disappointment , any way i will write another review in the summer when i use it & i really really hope 2 b something better cause i will say 4 the third time GRATE SCENT !!!!!!!!!
P.S. i will try 2 get the EDP edition by God's well !!!!!!!

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This is probably one of the most, if not the most natural fragrance I have ever smelled in my life. The orange/citrus notes are very similar to natural oranges. It's quite an impressive scent. Kudos to Hermès for being able to create such a wonderful fragrance.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

My first impression of Terre was a big WOW!!!! This is just prefect for me. Its fresh, natural, citric and very woody. Can be worm in a casual way or in a elegant way. Very masculine, great for all year sound but perfect for hot days and its performance is great. 8 hrs plus whit longevity and projects well enough for me. The presentation is solid, great looking bottle. This simply a wonderful scent!! By the way Im talking about the EDT version, I hope to try the EDP version ASAP.
5 out of 5.

mhdrazali21
mhdrazali21

I just started with fragrances and I would say this one works very well in the tropics. The smell is wonderful though not great and the silage is really very good. Overall I'd say this one is very good and therefore I'd recommend to anyone especially in the hot and humid climate.

kuldeep555
kuldeep555

really long lasting, it lasts more than 10hrs in hot weather of india. wonderful smell

Na0
Na0

All I smell is pepper... I'm a little bit disappointed from Hermes. Maybe it's my skin.

basoo311
basoo311

Never had any complaint about it, lasts all day, initially not an impressive smell because of the spice/orange etc, but just after a few minutes it grows on your skin, clothes whereever applied, and get compliments from coworkers, friends and family, all. Great for all the seasons, occassions, day or night, a must have for men.

Detroitcolognereview

I wanted to like Hermes so badly but didnt. I gave this a try recently and liked it. I bought some fragrances home to sample recently and kept smelling something that was not directly in front of me while i was sampling. I kept searching for the scent then i remembered that i sprayed something on a kleenex at the store ( i like the was Kleenex disperses and spreads a fragrance). Low and behold it was this. I went back same day and bought it.

Hint- twist the cap dont pull. LOL. i was so glad no one was home when i was trying to figure this rubrics cube out.

gmstrack
gmstrack

This review is for the EDT. I’m not going to break down the notes or rate it. Yes, this is Jean-Claude Ellena’s mainstream fragrance packed full of ISO E super; it smells good but lacks subtly and the trademark whimsical touch. Blah-de-blah-blah. I would recommend this to someone not really into fragrance. Basically, it could be a great gateway fragrance for people trying to convince their spouses to step over to the dark side and start a creepy perfume collecting hobby. It just might work—he said “It’s O.K.” and tossed it into the neglected pile of samples next to his computer. Fingers crossed.

hermes186

I have an old bottle bought in early 2012 which is very strong in terms of sillage and longevity. I have also tried a new one in the store. Both are equal. Could these supposed reformulations in fact be fakes??

bonanza1
bonanza1

Well, today I finally gave it a full wearing just to see if all of the reviews were true. I was into my fourth hour, stopped at a gas station and got a comment about how really great I smelled. This lady went nuts and asked what I was wearing, she wanted it for her husband. Comment number two came from this guy behind me in line, he said "Man you smell Good".
So after I got over the shock of all this attention I took a sniff of myself and said Wow, I do smell good.
I cant wait till tomorrow to see what happens next.
I get a lot of the orange, grapefruit, patchouli and pelargonium. One thing this is not synthetic at all and very potent for an EDT.

hijazist
hijazist

I blind bought the EDT version after all the positive feedback it got. My experience wasn't all that promising honestly. Not only did I not like it, but also my gf and her friends all said it was very harsh and offensive and doesn't smell nice. Out of the 8 who smelt on my skin five hated it, two didn't like it and one said it was ok but nothing to ride home about. Everyone agreed that it's unique and sophisticated. To me all I could smell is being in a sauna (particularly when you pour water over the rocks) mixed with rotten oranges. Longevity is excellent and sillage is very good.

I give it that it's unique and well made and I can see how some people would like this, however, I highly recommend that you test it before buying. Unfortunately, many here and on other forums recommend this as a blind buy and if anything this is a must sample before buying, more than any other perfume I've tried since it's a love/hate one, there is no in between. Now am I shocked to see some people liking this, of course not. But I am really shocked that it received such hype...

apostolis9
apostolis9

This one is a woman magnet.

ehsanazmodeh

I like Terre so much in his edt version.it is very well .I love it for ever.

stevenpaolitto
stevenpaolitto

Got the edt. In my opinion the parfum isn't worth it because the parfum is more linear... you don't have as much variation as you do with the edt. Otherwise, you smell like candles, earth and oranges. Rich, precise, one of my favs.

ehsanazmodeh

I love it.it is my best perfume.you can use it in four season.

juan carlos.henriquez

pruevenlo con capas con eu d orange verte de hermes, juntos mesclan muy muy bien.

juan carlos.henriquez

Tan unica fresca varonil y sensual, esta colonia reemplesaria a muchas y si es tu unica colonia podria ser la unica para siempre, clase y distincion, olfato increible.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This is not really bad for a woman but too much grapefruit creates fresh masculine note which would stop me from wearing it. Reminds me sour hard candies filled with powder to make it extra sour. I'm not a big fan of citrus scents that's why i pass being grateful to a friend that i could try this.

badkarma
badkarma

My favourite fragrances used to be issey miyake, boss bottled and la nuit de l'homme. Now I like deep earthy fragrances and sweet fragrances, this is my favourite, I just hope they don't reformulate.

anthonyrj
anthonyrj

I LOVE this fragrance...well at least I did until my most recent purchase from Nordstrom. I first purchased TDH back in 2009 and it quickly became my signature scent...I couldn't get enough of it, so recently, when my last bottle was almost empty, I ordered another bottle (as I mentioned before, from Nordstrom...an authorized retailer). This is NOT the same Terre d'Hermes that I've been wearing for 4 years. Either I got a fake (which would shock me) or this has been reformulated to a mere whisp of the original fragrance. Anytime I put TDH on before, I'd always sneeze after the initial spray because the juice was just that strong - a trade-off I was willing to make to have a fragrance that would simply NEVER wear off. I could smell this fragrance on myself all day long and still catch whiffs after showering. This new stuff I can barely smell right out of the bottle (okay, so that's a bit of an overstatment, but it is a seriously weaker fragrance). Don't get me wrong, it still smells good, but not only has it lost some of it's power, it's also lost some of it's depth (I'm not getting that minerally/flinty note I love and the vetiver in the drydown seems more...I'm not sure the word, but more 'watery'. I'm devastated...this was the first fragrance that I ever found that I loved enough to use as a signature scent (and I'm no young kid, so I'd been searching a while). Now it's back to the drawing board I guess. Suppose I'll either trade this for something else or sell it on eBay. It's a real shame.

vitilsky
vitilsky

If you like vetiver this is for you. Sadly, that's not the case for me. It's a bit strong for the women I would like to smell it, probably for 30+ men I guess.

sadeceben
sadeceben

Zamanlı veya zamansız kullanılacak en iyi karışım iksir.
bir numara baş yapıtlardan 10/9,5

liiva
liiva

Amazing and very interesting, but nothing very extra unusual. Rich and strong scent. Not synthetic. I like very much scents like Dior Homme Intense, so this is very natural for my nose. :) In first hour for me it is not sweet at all, after two- yes, sweet and nice! :) Orange and peppers are very pronounced, woody notes is somewhere hidden between peppers, they just need some time to go out. :) This is not for everyone. This fragrance is with strong character. :)

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

To/on me it is way to much citrus. All I seem to smell from the first spray till about half an hour is citrus, citrus, citrus with a tiny herbal hint related to citrus (like melissa/lemon balm) and an even tinier hint of vetiver..
After the first 30min the citrus starts to fade a bit and some woody note comes through (mostly cedar).
I hardly can detect the other notes described on the perfume pyramid. Which is a pitty, for I would preffer the other notes to be more dominant over the citrus stuff.
As I am not that into strong citrus fragrances and on my skin this is the most dominant part of the formula, the Terre d´Hermès is not for me. But I can see, why many people like this one. Must be for the spirit lifting effect of the grapefruit/lemon/orange notes.

browne54
browne54

I sampled this today in Nordstrom's and it is more certainly on my to buy list for the near future. I was very impressed with the fragrance. To paint you a picture; you are in the middle of the desert and the sun is meeting its daily marriage with the west. You have some lint in your pocket and begin to make yourself a fire. For your fire you have somehow managed to find the world's best cedar and sprinkle it with patchouli. You are slowly allowing the fire to roast/smoke an orange with a pinch of pepper on top. It has lasted now 8 hours since spraying and I received a compliment from my father on the fragrance and he is your typical Brut is all I need type of guy. The price range is a bit steep. Expect around $100/100ml of EDT but I do find it is worth it. Well done from Hermes.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

One of the best. Works well for me in warm weather. Lasts 8+ hrs. on me and women love it.

hydor
hydor

Smells like a breeze from the mythical Land of Hermes(Ερμής},where I live!Oranges and an enormous pelargonium(geranium),reminding the mediterranean garden of my mother!The vetiver gives the earthy(terre), rooty note to the composition...

pjd1234
pjd1234

my take on terre d hermes how can i describe this when i smell it my initial picture is imagine yourself walking in the country road with fresh orange trees and spoiled oranges on the road combined, i mean spoiled oranges in a good way. tdh is mature and very natural smelling a mature citrus scent with balls i should say. id say you can wear it all day and all year round.
longevity 9/10
sillage 8/10
uniqueness 9/10
overall smell 9/10
price vs quality 7/10 a little too pricey for its kind of juice hermes price
versatility all year round day and night hot/cold

Hmm ok. Orange. Pelargonium. I have never encountered pelargonium in real life, but I recognize the scent from Moschino Friends.
A bit of pepper dust. Some benzoin. Grapefruit peel.
Warm wood and citrus. Lemony floral scent from the pelargonium. It's perfectly alright, but the earth isn't moving.

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

I first tried this at Nordstoms on a card b/c salesman was trying to sell me something. I thought at the time, mm, yeah, nice, sweet orange, I'll get it at another time, which indeed I did. When I first sprayed it, I was a bit horrified at the extremely bitter, dirty, burnt rubber, orange that came out. I thought, no, this can't be what I sampled, because that was more sweet than this bitter afront.

One not to be daunted, I tried it again. Yes, here comes the bitterness and the orange, but what settled down on my skin was unbelievably beautiful. A warm, dark, orange, not sweet, but very masculine. It reminds me of some lemon-scented male cologne, but the lemon is replaced by orange (which is the only citrus I love in a fragrance).

The mix of orange with vetiver, pepper and patchueli keeps this wonderful dark orange scent radiating warmly and invitingly. What makes it more interesting is the addition of cedar. What keeps this on the bitter side, IMHO is the pelagonium (geranium family), but it's also what helps keep this so mascuine.

When I wear this I picture myself outside a car garage in a dusty town; wearing coveralls spattered with grease and oil, open almost to the waist, taking a break and eating an orange. Then, with my black steel toed shoes, I grind and smash the orange peels into the dusty ground. Get the picture? Terre d'Hermes

kazewayz
kazewayz

Grapefruit and wood. Not my favorite scent, But! I know I will be smelling like a macho. Women like this and that's fine with me. I like this on a summer night. Citrusy, woody and that's about it. Stays on for a long time that even I smell it on me. Try it.

Meursault
Meursault

Just like in Music, I think in Perfumery there are two kinds of costumers: those who worship “classic”-massified products, believing that this feature is a result of uniqueness/quality, when the most likely is the opposite: the association of those dignities with the relative success thanks to the viral direct or indirect marketing behind them… and then come the others, who look for what the scent has to say on its own, tired of getting frustrated everytime they trusted a review in blogs dominated by those despotical worshippers…
Well, I’m naturally skeptical and was looking for something fresh, far from those boring short-lived citrusy or aquatic glorified smells. Here in Mexico, perfume lovers don’t have too many options, so I profited every visit to an US mall to access a more extended universe. But still no scent seemed to meet all the features I was looking for.
I had tried a couple of Hermes Jardins, but considered them maybe too extravagant and unisex for me. At the end, always skeptically, I sprayed TdH on my arm, and waited several minutes until the alcohol vanished. My first impression was “Not bad, I could give away this to my brother and make him forget ADG”. But then I got addicted to smell my arm, and one hour later I definitely wanted to eat it.
There was no more need of search. The fact now is that I’m addicted to TdH and I use it even if I stay at home. I read somewhere that TdH is for the man who is self-confident and doesn’t need to prove anything to others. I totally agree, I don’t care if others like it, just like I don’t care if others like me.
Technically I don’t think I'm qualified to describe it: I only detect bitter orange peel, vetiver and pepper, though after an hour it gets woodsier and less peppery. For me, the magic of TdH is how it captures your senses and doesn’t allow you to grab it nor analyze it (just like a Rubens or a Vermeer). To fully appreciate it, you have to be more intuitive, though I’d like to have a trained nose and professional reasons to love it.
Comparisons? Well, I usually don’t like citrusy smells, as I wrote before, but this could perfectly be the non-formal brother of Allure Edition Blanche, which is creamy and claims “I’m here in this special summer night, wearing a nice designer suit, with a girl in a cocktail dress”, whereas TdH only would need to say “I’m here, I’m a man, yes, attached to the earth, but, isn’t that reason enough for you to look for my arms?”.
For daily use at office, self-confident, distinctive.

tacoataco
tacoataco

hello

if u want a "macho" scent, here it is

basenotes - like
middlenotes - don´t work on me
topnotes - that´s it ... one of the most masculine perfumes but somehow dated

rating 3*/5*

instantjim
instantjim

I am surprised by the breakdown of perceived dominant notes. To me this fragrance is overwhelmingly about the citrus and cedar, I do not even get vetiver in it. I have a bottle of Virginian cedar essential oil and this smells very much like TDH. I like this fragrance, but do not love it. I only have it because I picked a tester really cheaply.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

Very interesting scent, that seems to be enjoyed by most who have experienced it... unfortunately, I'm glad to see that at least 1 person on this page smells what I smell - Hamster bedding (the wood chips used in hamster cages), Thanks joshua.cooper1 for not leaving me out here alone.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I was looking for an orange/cedar perfume and this was one of the suggestions I received and I tested it today and it is really REALLY good!!!
Fresh orange & woods & slightly spicy, very long lasting and good projection!
I am a young lady, but I want this for myself, oh yeah!! I will share with bf... no problem, but I'm gonna wear it more often myself I think! ;)

Severino Laguzza

Smells mostly orange with vetiver and cedar. Simple and mature, nothing more.

Marciu

OK, I've tested the new, reformulated EDT version. It really is bad...

The old version of Terre EDT was a masterpiece. A lot of vetiver mixed with citruses, I felt also a mix of herbs added to it. Beautiful, outstanding, gorgeus, superb, brilliant. It was so powerful, that for me 3 sprays were enough to feel it during the whole day! It really had a huge projection!

And now.. The reformulated version is simillar to the old Terre, that's true. But on my skin it's detectable for 3 hours and it dissapears. And it's a skin scent.

I hate the new Terre. And I will replace it with Montale Red Vetyver.

Thumbs down for Hermes!

Mercurial Muzz

I love this. Powerful, but with careful application, not overpowering. A warm and full-bodied cologne ideal for Winter and early Spring. Great blend of notes that grab your attention. The use of cedar, grapefruit and spices is classily handled, and none dominate the other. I can really detect the flint element in this, and for me that is what helps set this apart from most other colognes. It bursts onto my skin, and I am assaulted (in a good way) with a senses-sharpening aroma. Terre de Hermes has robust projection, but that settles to a pleasant and non-offensive level by the dry down. Very good sillage that lingers for hours. I can understand why this got all the raves and accolades - this is truly a remarkable cologne.

Marciu

Can anyone tell me if the reformulated version is worth owning(and which is better now EDT or EDP)? Or should I replace it with Montale Red Vetyver, or maybe something else?

Thanks, Martin

christoofarr
christoofarr

I personally like this perfume but my fiance doesn't like it she said 'You smell like a pensionary' and i said 'the wedding is off' lol

Amparo Noir
Amparo Noir

I could smell the woody spicy scent from the initial blast. There's citrus scent but to my nose it is too subtle, tamed and controlled, yet you know it's there.
Yet, I find this fragrance somehow alluring, quite seductive in a way that it is not offensive.

pronose
pronose

a nice casual scent!

pbluberry
pbluberry

Could this work as a unisex fragrance? I'm a little curious to try it when I'm at the men's section.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Hands down, this is ONE of the SEXIEST men's cologne that I have ever owned. It is a magnificent fragrance which could be worn from the morning through the night. From the moment I spray it on skin in morning until I come back home after work, I can still smell the high quality fragrance as if I had just sprayed it only a couple of hour's ago. The full body aroma of both a citrus blended with the fresh spicy/pepper mix makes it a MUST HAVE men's cologne which is 100% worth its money. The aroma of Pelargonium with a fine blend of cedar gives it a woodsy scent. The note Patchouli makes this fragrance a absolutely PERFECT!!!!! I only wish I had bought this fragrance before so I would of enjoyed it several years ago.
A TOTAL MASTERPIECE FROM HERMES..10/10

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I recently acquired a bottle of Eau De Parfum and my first impression was that this fragrance signifies strength, confidence, and maturity. The Parfum version is a power house in terms of longevity and sillage in my opinion. In simpler terms, this fragrance is a blend of citrus, spice, and leather. The dry down is intriguing and I find myself constantly smelling my wrists. During the dry down, the spicy (sharp) notes seem to settle leaving behind a clean and brand new leather car seat scent.

I would absolutely wear Terre D' Hermes to a formal event but it also could be worn daily. Do not over apply the EDP version....."Less is More."

rachelcerq
rachelcerq

Ah, there is nothing more attractive on a man than Terre d'Hermes. I'm a huge fan of JC Ellena's fragrances, but to me, this is perfection. It communicates all the right things: strength, energy, and sophistication. My boyfriend wears this, and I'm very serious when I say it was one of the reasons I fell for him.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

There is a note in this fragrance that just spoils it for me. Close but no cigar. PDN - New York is similar and I think is much better and has the longevity I was looking for as well.

egoscentrick
egoscentrick

has a plastic-y orange candy or taffy kind of smell that sits on my skin. I wanted to like this more than I actually did. that cloying aspect never dries out on me, and it feels applied the whole time. The earth-y aspects are pleasant, but they're in contrast to the unintegrated artificial orange "flavor" note.

sameh

P.S. i will try 2 get the EDP edition by God's well !!!!!!!

oliver1h
oliver1h

I was a little skeptical about this perfume, but I ended up sampling it anyways and it was love from the first sniff... A very masculine, and fresh scent. I love the bitterness of vetiver and orange. I am happy to add this to my collection! It is amost identical to Montale's Red Vetiver, but there are differences. In my opinion the biggest difference is that, Terre has orange and grapfruit in it, Montale has only grapefruit, but no orange. This is why I think Terre is more sour, and Montale is sweeter. I love both!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

divine!!! I gave a set to my nephew and he loved it! Now I want one for myself:-)

scentlaw
scentlaw

Terre d'Hermes is an ideal signature scent for a mature man who wants to project confidence and elegance. It doesn't smell like Aventus, but it shares the same characteristics of masculinity and versatility. I wear it to the office every Monday to start the week on a strong, confident note.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

I know it doesn't actually have any leather notes, but it reminds we so much of the smell of a leather car interior, maybe your driving through an orange grove at twilight. I love this so much, I often wear this after I shower at my boyfriend's. I'm not sure weather or not a woman is supposed to pull this off, but I think it can work... It's more for me anyway ;)

goral09
goral09

I'm having EDT but tested EDP and now I'am a little bit disappointed. Mostly because of the longevity and sillage. Longevity is about 7 hours, but the smell lays very close to skin. EDP was more woody, while EDT is citrus like.

Roge'
Roge'

Terre d'Hermes smells 100% identical to AB Spirit Platinum by Lomani. Unfortunately, the comparison cannot be made from fragrantica because it's not in their database. To confirm my notion, i sprayed both fragrances on different arms and asked the saleswoman her opinion. She agreed that they were identical....Anyway, as far as the scent is concerned; it's definitely somewhat unique. A lot of people get fruit accords but on my skin its mostly pepper. This scent is basically Marc Jacobs minus the bang.

michael.j
michael.j

I dismissed TdH out of hand for its entire first year on the market. Believe it or not, it actually reminded of dill. Not a scent one usually likes on the skin. It's more for cucumbers and salmon. But, I reasoned, Hermès was pushing the product really hard (in Paris) and I knew that they'd created some spectacular scents. Moreover, I'd long loved some of Jean-Claude Ellena's other creations (like Bulgari's Green Tea). Thinking through all this, I decided that I needed to "listen" to what TdH was trying to say. I decided to study it, interrogate it thoughtfully and carefully. This exercise really paid off. After some time with the scent and some serious reflection on its changing tones and moods, it really spoke to me. It was really a game-changer of sorts. I totally understood what is meant when people say Ellena's creations are "transparent." TdH is like the beautiful chorus of a song -- the kind of chorus that makes you wish the whole song were nothing but that chorus. Such soaring harmonies. Give TdH a chance. It's so worth careful study if you don't get it at first. It's like a very difficult book that has important things to say, but to get at those important messages you have to work at it. The pay-off is a new way of seeing that is now forever yours.

Mr.Mister21
Mr.Mister21

Recently purchased this masterpiece! Worth every penny spent, lots of compliment (from women), Long lasting (10-12 hrs). 10/10.

fragrance_fan
fragrance_fan

It's a little strange, but when i wear this cotton flannel shirt I have with orange stripes I still feel naked until i give this one a few squirts. After that, the orange and pepper hit my old nose and I'm good to go. Makes me feel like the energizer bunny for a few minutes. It's like a turbo boost and really like the fresh boost it gives me.
If you're a tired slouch get some of this and you'll be running around the block before you know it!

steve0580
steve0580

An excellent scent that dries down very nicely but I've found that if I apply it too heavily, it's very distasteful.

Kdu

This fragrance is more than good, smell addictive ... I feel a great peace use it, not to mention the compliments! Use Terre equal many compliments wherever she goes. Love!

aryo

i really dont know how this terre d'hermes work,, i got by blind buy,, to much review satisfied on this edt,
at first smell, i shock from the opening smell like spilled gasoline, so strange but makes me curious afterward, then the heart notes become stronger with the earthy aroma of incense and javanesse vetiver, mixing perfect on a juicy bitter orange,,
this have good projection 8/10, good sllage 8/10, and longevity 8/10 (10h indoor/6h outdoor),,
but again,, im so annoying with the aroma from incense, or resin (maybe), im 30, and the girl near me, dont like it much coz like an mystical aroma,
but some occasional,. i enjoy this edt,,
im not recomend, and keep on my armani code as my signature scent,,.

didacus
didacus

Very low sillage and projection, it doesn't fix in my skin (oily). Love the smell out of the bottle, though.

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

I finally tried this after all the positive reviews. It's good, damn good. It's got an old school vibe in the same vein as a Kourous Franchieur or something similar I wore several years ago. Can't put my thumb on it but redolent of the 80's-90' but more modern. I'll add to my wish list.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

One of Jean-Claude Ellena's minimalist works. I took home a sample from Nordstrom in one of their little giveaway test sprayers. I completely misunderstood this fragrance the first time I wore it for a day since, at the time, I had an untrained nose. Now I think I "get" it.

What I primarily detect in this is orange, enlivened with a bright vetiver note and softened with cedar - which could very well come from this fragrance's celebrated use of Iso E Super. (I have a vial of it, to me it smells like a very mild cedar - or, alternatively, warm skin in flannel.)

This is a lovely, light, transparent scent. It strikes me that this could be worn in any weather and for any occasion. I could gladly wear this.

Anecdote: I once encountered a man looking at pictures on the wall of a museum. He was radiating a warm scent that smelled to me of intimacy - fragrant, warm skin. When I asked what it was he was wearing, he admitted it was something his wife selected for him, and mispronounced "Terre d'Hermes." I figured it out and smiled... Iso E Super is sometimes the smell of intimacy. Interesting stuff!

Annica
Annica

Absolutely one of the best men's perfumes I´ve had the pleasure of smelling. Amazingly good scent, very masculine and seductive. Slightly dry citrus scent, well-balanced, woody. There is a certain sweetness in it, after all, which makes it even more enchanting. Highly recommended!

gert1980
gert1980

i wear this 2 years,but no compliments!

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Hermes Hermes Hermes, where do I start...

This is one of the most rich smelling woods I have ever smelled. It really does almost smell like straight up wood, but in a good way. Its wood mixed with orange peel. So nice, warm, and makes you want more.

SO strong and powerful, lasts forever.
A+ Hermes

oldy.ramanja

It surely Great smell...the citrus comes as a smell to attract but in the end you will be trussed up with the earth and warmy smell from vertiver and patchouli... ooohhh it soooo addictive, even i'm not wearing it, i love to smell it from the bottle...i have 3 signature scent, and this is the one

fenxx
fenxx

The note breakdown sounds fantastic but it didn't mix well on my skin, i am not afan

CRIALESV
CRIALESV

I smelled this at Sephora's a couple of months ago and I thought it was pleasant but I decided to go with John Varvatos Vintage on that day. I knew that I enjoyed the scent and I remembered exactly what it smelled like. Luckily I decided to swap for it and I couldn't be any happier. It's a bit on the gentlemanly side of things and it is extremely versatile. This could be my new signature scent! I enjoy it that much. Immediately you will notice a soapy orange/grapefruit. That smell will be linear throughout the life of the fragrance, and yet, it will challenge your nose. I don't know what gives this fragrance that soapy quality. Could it be the vetiver? Not sure. Regardless, a young man would have to be confident to wear this fragrance. Don't just wear it to please others, wear it because you enjoy it. Not saying that this scent will offend anyone, i don't think it will. It's unique and it will invoke thought.

jaypleski
jaypleski

TdH kicked off my love of vetiver. It's truly an evocative scent. It reminds me of rain soaked earth and moss covered rock in a citrus eucalypt forest. I don't use this daily because it's just too strong and overstated for indoor use, but it's ideal for any outdoor activity.

east17
east17

Wasn't sure how I felt about the strong orange peel note at the top, but the interplay with the underlying earthiness is heavenly throughout the drydown. My girlfriend says it smells like "Christmas morning". I think she was picking up on the vetiver/cedar more so than the orange which is intriguing, and somewhere in there might be an evergreen/pine bouquet. Just goes to show you that olfactory experiences can vary immensely depending on who you talk to.

Pumped to welcome TdH into the collection.

tehjin
tehjin

I have the EDT.

Top notes of bitter orange and grapefruit zest with a spicy peppery, cedar-like undertone that persists after application. I've never smelled anything like Terre before - most fragrances in my collection are sweet and gentle, or spicy and fruity in a boyish way, or aromatic in a charming way. The bitterness of Terre makes it far from gentle, boyish or charming. It comes across as aggressive and confident.

I bought blindly and disliked my first application of Terre because it was so unfamiliar and bitter. But its unfamiliarity intrigued me. I found myself repplying it over and over during the next few days to explore the fragrance, like when you get a whiff of a unfamiliar, not unpleasant smell walking down the street and you can't get it out of your head until you can put a finger on what that scent is. Terre then became one of my favorite colognes.

Mirza

About this ? Terre d' Hermes ? It's almost impossible to explain it by words . Just go to the perfume - station near your location and give a shot for this one . For me ? It's too mesmerizing exactly in the night because if you wear this fragrance in the day hmmmmm it's too horrible it's too intense but definetely love this

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Although i think Jean Claude Ellena, is a wonderful perfumer with talent unmatched by very few, i think Hermes is the wrong house for him, the previous trio of men's masterpieces like Rocabar,Equipage and Bel Ami were "legendary" for the unique smell unfound in its catalogs and against competitors, it might not have out sold everywhere or against anything which was out there, but it spoke of bespoke ingredients and composition much ahead of its time, perhaps Hermes as a brand also had its fault in not marketing some of their other alluring fragrances like Bel Ami, Rocabar and Equipage, like they did Terre D'Hermes, i find this perfume to be a lengthy departure from the Hermes style, this smells of rosewater attar or cheaply produced rosewater with some orange absolu which dominates this composition with the addition of lemon and only pinch of left over vetiver powder, and unfortunately has loads and loads of ISO-E-Super (the headache inducing "air" note) used like a filler in modern perfumery, i'd rate this 5/10 though i realize that the mass market could really like this given its range of application across many demographic and cultures (in other words, another mainstream crap ), Un Jardin Apres La Mousson seems to be the only one from the JCE series under Hermes, worthy of any consideration, please HERMES its time to create something manly, no more unisex crap.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

I get a lot of the vetiver in my sample. It smells nice, I like vetiver tho... Other than that, mainly citrus/peppery notes. What at one time was a unique smell, is now worn by many in the metropolitan area. Flanker Voyage smells alot like it. Smells good, could it be the next aqua di gio in terms of popularity?

denhendricks
denhendricks

The cologne is strong going on with memories of pine sol. Then it mellows out over a half hour with a very clean pine/orange/cedar smell that is very refreshing. Last for about 5-8 hours I think if you spray it further away from the target areas the initial aroma isn't as strong but last longer and projects more evenly. I find myself liking the smell more and more as the day goes on.

RAG1987
RAG1987

I'm unsure why there is so much hype about this fragrance, I bought a miniature bottle (Genuine) and I initially thought it was quite pleasant but for some reason I feel like I have smelled something very similar to this already, I just can't think what but I know that this is not entirely unique. It really failed to impress me, also I feel that it is overly synthetic, It doesn't really strike me as something that is trying to be natural smelling. It has an overdose of something that I find quite annoying. It just sticks and is very linear in my opinion. I didn't really get much if any note development at all. It is however long lasting and good enough sillage but it just isn't for me. Quite disappointed, surprised they charge so much for this as I genuinely do not feel it is worth the price tag. Maybe the Pure parfum version may be better but I don't think I would waste my money...

flkirkland
flkirkland

Great cologne. The earthy orange stays throughout and really is wonderful! My only issue is that, for me, after 4-5 hours it is only a hint and I have to put more on. Doesn't last the day for me.

RUDOLFO512

WOW!!!!!! I love, love this cologne. I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear it. I put it on in the morning and still smell it on me in the evening. It lasts a very long time. Excellent cologne by Hermes!

SimplyOliver

I was wearing Terre yesterday, and having a little walk in a forest, after the heavy snow/rainfalls we had this week. It was a beautiful cold and sunny day. The path was muddy, and the aromas of woods, earth, fresh air were coming up to my nose. And I realized how natural, elegant and mature Terre was. Terre really belongs to nature, it was in such a perfect harmony with the environment that I literally fell in love with it. I've emptied my sample yesterday, so I finally got a 100ml bottle of the EdT. High class frag, no question.

itachi
itachi

i'm gonna bring it as real as can be this is just simple nothing special. it really isnt that special.not worth the bucks

asheble93
asheble93

Imagine, if someone took a handful of dirt, made it smell crisp, raw, natural, gritty, gave it a sweet zest that could wake up any boring olfactory organ; and then put it in a bottle. That would be Terre d'Hermes.
This scent has great longevity and the citrus nicely balances the prevailing woodsy/earthy notes. Some have said it is too strong. I think this may be true after wearing it for more than 5-7 hours without re-applying; because after that the citrus dries out, and you're left with just woodsy/earthy/pepper.
Much like a box of your favorite laundry detergent, Terre d'Hermes makes you want to cautiously pause and take a few deep breaths.
9.0/10

herreroph
herreroph

IN ONE WORD: PERFECT

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

The heavy earthy orange and vetiver notes are just downright incredible in this one!

A very dark and intense fragrance and by no means is subtle. This is there to make a statement. One of the most masculine and alluring scents out there. I cant stop sniffing it on myself whenever I put it on.
The aromatic components of Terre has such a warm and calming effect that this makes me smile as long as i get to smell it. The beauty of this fragrance multiplies tenfolds on some skins including mine. The drydown has a thick heavy base that smells earthier than the initial notes. I'm a bigger fan of the opening than the drydown. I smell musk in the drydown but I see it isn't mentioned anywhere.

Over-applying will cause some or most noses to cringe, but I really never cared if my fragrance offended anyone as long as I enjoy it on myself. A tad overpriced, but sometimes it just feels worth it as this would make you stand out.

Can females use it? NO. This is a strictly masculine scent. One of the more refined blends in the world of fragrance. Very potent, very rugged, very masculine.
This is not a safe scent.

Try it before you dish out the 90 something dollars retail for the 100ml bottle. Refrain from buying online as the presentation is easy to duplicate.

Alternatives? In Black by Byblos. Italian; very rare in America. It is smoother and more citrusy and spicier version of Terre and less deep and less projecting power but equally great nonetheless.

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

Powerful citrus and vetiver notes, with a bit of cedar, but they blend so well, in such a natural way, the effect is incredible. When I wear this and breathe deeply, I feel as though I'm taking a lazy walk,through an endless orchard of orange and grapefruit trees, on a warm, balmy night towards the end of the summer.

The beginning of the walk is dominated by the citrus smell, which at this stage is a vibrant grapefruit scent. However, as time progresses, and the drydown proceeds, the walk gets slower and more relaxed with a bright, fresh, green vetiver scent coming out, and the citrus shifting to something less sharp than grapefruit. Richer, deeper, less sharp, it's a scent more reminiscent of oranges becoming just a bit over-ripe.

After several hours, the citrus notes fade a bit, the vetiver remains strong, and I catch a hint of cedar. By this point, the stroll through the orchard has ended, and I'm just lying on my back, enjoying the warm, green, balmy, grassy night air, relaxed, but at the same time envigorated by the beauty of the scene.

Projection is incredible, the journey Terre d'Hermes EdT provides is a long one, with the scent staying with me 12+ hours easily, and the sillage is quite good as well. I can only imagine the potency of the EdP.

As an aside, I must note I usually favor EdP versions of scents, and bought the EdT by accident, but I am quite delighted having done so, as in EdT form I find this scent incredibly versatile. Fresh and vibrant enough for summer, or day/suit and tie use, with just a couple sprays, but rich enough with a few more for a romantic evening out. I still want to try the EdP, but as a blind buy, or gift, I don't think one can go wrong with the EdT.

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

Whoever here regretting their purchase of TdH - parfum or EdT - please let me know if you'd like to get rid of it. Thanks!

Diogo maggini
Diogo maggini

I dont know why i bought this, because now i do not care with nothing else in my small collection of scents. Terre almost retired my other fragrances!!!

Smell - 10/10 - My first signature fragrance.

Sillage - 7/10 - 2 hours of great projection. After, its more subtle.

Longevity - 6/10 - 6 hours on my skin, unfortunately.

Versatility - 8/10.

Compliments - 8/10.

blauriche
blauriche

I like it because it smells soft and sophisticated, and because the bottle is lovely. It's not a fragrance I personally like to smell very often, but somehow I finally broke down and bought a bottle the other day. It smells like vetiver and tea to me. It's one of those where the longer it wears the better I like it.

SimplyOliver

Great fresh and subtle scent, it smells authentic, I like it a lot. Love the orange with the woody notes. Good longevity, great changes as time goes by. A success !

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

Terre d'Hermes by Hermes, a beautiful fragrance. I have a lot of different fragrances, and I'm obsessed with smelling different scents and love colleting the different bottles. I think I have found my favourite scent and bottle. Terre d'Hermes is such a beautiful fragrance, it dries down to a classy, sophisticated, well blended fragrance. The bottle is a piece of art, and it allows the fragrance to stand out in your collection. A must have if your over 20 years old, and have any appreciation at all for fragrances. Jean-Claude Ellena, your a genius!!!

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is a nice sour citrus fragrance. Overrated, but decent. I didn't like it initially, but it's ok now.

craniumbash
craniumbash

didnt like it at first, thought it was a bad buy, but it is addictive and even i dont know why :3 i usually dont like such a strong citrus smell, but love the merger at it comes to base notes.

P.S started liking it around 4th day of regular usage

mse-21
mse-21

There are few perfumes out there which have ads that correctly visualize the scent concept and Terre D'Hermes is one of them: A young man with well built naked torso...a free spirited horse...orange soil which form an orange cloud in the blue sky.

The ad provides an exact visualization of the style of this perfume. It's style fits a strong character who is headstrong, non-conformist and individualistic. In my experience TdH is not a crowd pleaser: it commands respect!

The scent is probably the most serious one I've ever encountered and when I smelled it the first time back in 2006 I knew this is an instant classic. Not surprisingly it has been a great hit among perfumistas since its been launched.

Getting more particular about the scent I should say after a loud and noisy opening it settles to a solid fabulous woody spicy composition built around citrus and pepper. Although I myself don't wear it because of personal preferences, I must confirm that it is a unique and outstanding work of art which truly deserves being called a 'masterpiece.'

Fantastic longevity and projection.

rasteria
rasteria

Unfortunately on my skin (and I'm a woman) it's just old fashioned orange with a twist of pepper. Nothing intriguing nor sexy. Let's hope that on my husband it will be more interesting (just bought it blind after reading the reviews here).
Update: my husband loves this, and i must say I do too now:) fresh citrus notes and gardenia is not too loud. Most suitable for winter time. Smells very rich and for business people. I don't find it sexy, rather formal fresh, masculine scent.

RobbieX

A classic and iconic scent for men! Beautifully blended and a beautiful smell. Longevity and sillage are excellent. Terre is a gorgeous woody, earthy and clean smell. But, it's very expensive and a good substitute for this, if you can't afford it is the lovely Citrus and Wood by Yardley.

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

I get a little, sweet liquor note. Very deep and sort of bitter. I don't know if it's orris root or what kind but there's certainly a delicious, earthy scent. Exquisite.

luis paulo
luis paulo

divine ... poetic ... epic ...

Liquefaction
Liquefaction

I'm in love with this scent from the day I flagged a man down to ask him why he smelled so damn good.

docmukali
docmukali

Magic in a bottle. Very well made fragrance. I bought it 2 days back, it is so natural, mature and a lovely fragrance. It starts as citrus, fresh then after 30 minutes becomes earthy and fresh and stays for ages on your skin.......
Overall my rating for this scent is 9/10

cjd1986
cjd1986

Stunning. I've received a ton of compliments on this one, and I personally find it among my favorites. This is a very masculine scent, very definitive, but not overpowering. It's particularly spicy and orangey, especially at the outset, but the drydown is wonderful. I personally find the scent to be very sexy and enticing. Very, very nice work by Hermes. This is one of the few bottles where I'd say it's absolutely worth every single penny. The added plus is that it's not generic at all, I never smell it on others, which makes me inclined to enjoy it more.

eickarumba
eickarumba

I've been wearing this as a woman in her late twenties because I completely earnestly did not realize it was a men's fragrance. The citrus and woody notes are not overly masculine with my skin chemistry. On me, this scent is (very surprisingly?) reminiscent of Ann Taylor's "Possibilities".

Lovely scent - gives me an air of confidence and comfort.

jornandez
jornandez

Uno de los mejores aromas.

Don Juan Carlito
Don Juan Carlito

this is a very unique fragrance..very interesting and different scent and really high quality perfume just bravo jean claude ellana..but not for teenagers it must be 25+ especially when I wear it in rainy days I'm really enjoyed :)

Longevity:8/10
Sillage:8/10
Versatility:4/10
Overal Smell:9/10

and the terre gets 8,5 out of 10 point :)

Note:I think the edt version is much strong and elegant than edp version so I prefer the edt version..

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it s really different than others. liked it.it smells like fresh wood in my opinion.when i sniff it, wooden house comes to my mind,as if i live in forest :)
the resume is "different and good and long lasting"

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

I received a sample of this from my buddy, and when I texted him saying that the smell of the fragrance is quite different from any other, and I like it very much. He replied 'orange, orange?'
I had no idea what to say then... I just simply agreed with him. But I do believe that this fragrance is more than just orange, yet the orange is truly the dominating scent. I happened to like this, an excellent fragrance for men from the house of Hermes.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Want to know exactly what this perfume smells like? It smells like a wet terrain of cultivated citruss trees by the first rainy day after a long and a hot summer. Easily one of my personal favorites.

jude1321
jude1321

This is an absolutely high high quality scent. It has an orange earthy scent that lasts for hours. Very pleasant. However, it is not all that sexy. I think it is for married men, who are not necessarily trying to get some out at a bar. Somewhat formal juice, that no one will complain about. But probably not gonna get the ladies to go nuts over you. For that, look to Le Male, by JPG.

Kiott
Kiott

Great, 10/10 .. one of my favorite

Mia D.
Mia D.

Great one!!!

mrfume
mrfume

This is on of those scents which make me reflect back on my thoughts and make me think in a very relaxed way !!!!!!!!what a beautiful opening of the bitter orange peel smell which i get mixed with the grapefruit as the pepper approaches the whole scent takes up a spicy earthy type of a tone to it.
yes it is rightly said in the main description of this EDT
"alchemy of woods" yes sir it is literary Magic right from the orange peely /grapefruit start to when the woods first star to make an appearance right after the peppery/spicy mid its an experience,R U Experienced if not do get!!!!!in a very vague way this reminds me of sand too maybe a desert, sometimes hmm i also get whiffs of a very very shy sort of faint sandalwoodish smell, it seems to hit my nostrils every once in a while hmm i guess only when it decides to show up not obvious to my nose hmm or maybe my nose is going a lil too far:D This potion is surely a mystical one and one of my favorite EDT'S surely a 25+ can carry this off IMO.Good P&L, works all year round for me,the bottle design is classy and simply elegant.

8*/10*

lily.alexanyan
lily.alexanyan

Amazing scent! Guys use it :)

kostas37
kostas37

mia apo tis kalyteres antrikes kolwnies tis agoras..exei perasei pleon stin katigoria twn all time classic..monadiko meionektima isws oti einai arketa episimi.
wraio antriko kalais8ito mpoukali..poly kalo psekastiko.

7.5/10

limited Edition
limited Edition

I really want this scent to work for me , but all I get is an overpowering citrusy/orangy sensation..It remains too intense with no detectable basenotes..If it were not labelled as Hermes chances are it would pass "colonia" found in the toilet on a Thai airways flight..6/10

cockneykid1962
cockneykid1962

I would smell this all the time around Paris when I was there a few years back....made it my mission to get it once back home. I have not regretted it since.

If it's good enough for the fashionable and chic of Parisian life, then its good enough for me.

For me the best Hermes

dkirio
dkirio

Am a fan of sweet smelling colognes that are not overpowering. I smelled this cologne on someone and I couldn't resist asking what scent it was. Ordered for it the next day. Its my signature scent!!!
Drives my 'women' crazy! lol
Its EDT but lasts all day.

SkullPutraLand
SkullPutraLand

i tried the authentic version of terre d'hermés edt and i loved it and it lasts all day , and i tried then i bought a fake version and it smells like it and it lasts 12 hrs on my skin and i got many compliments with this fake that costs 17$

habib.daudi
habib.daudi

charming, elegant n gentlement, only kids doesn't like this scent

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

i tried a sample of this..lol smells like i stepped on a rotten orange..i dont think its a bad scent..highly recommended for an older gentleman

haasemanzi
haasemanzi

This fragrance has it's base at the same Guerlaim Homme L'eau .. I have both desired and now they are my signature!!!!

Lerior
Lerior

OMG I'll never get the hype about this fragrance! I was expecting a blow-mind fragrance. But what I smelled is just plane Bore. It's not bad but duuuu. VERY DULL and nothing original at all.

5 out of 10

Odiee99
Odiee99

I was expecting this to blow me off my feet, what a let down. I won't say that TDH is not a good fragrance, it's just doesn't suit me. It opens with a blast of sour citrus followed by what smells like charred wood. Terre D'Hermes is definitely masculine and I see why some people like it. It's just a little too harsh for me. I could see Hoss or Little Joe pulling this off.

If you want to save some money just opt for Yardleys Citrus & Woods. They smell almost identical and Yardleys is maybe 1/8 the price. You might lose some of the longevity but for the price it's worth it.

kida2010
kida2010

Tonnes or reviews on this :) for what its worth i thought it was ok but it didnt come across how people describe, not particularly smokey or that woody. Just a weak orange cedar smell with tonnes of Iso e super. Seems to be quite a lot of hype but hey if people like it thats cool.

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

This was a must have after reading all these reviews. Smoke, dirt, air and orange... what could be better?

Unfortunately scent didn't live up my expectations for it. It's really harsh... sometimes like little needles in my nose. It's bit easier to live with after eight hours but until then it's quite a monotone monster.

Most people here seem to love it and I respect that. Just remember that everyone around you may not feel the same. Maybe it's iso E super? It's almost like some people are more sensitive to it. If you don't smell it properly you may spray too much.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I tried my decant of this wonderful perfume on a piece of paper and on the back of my hand. I have to agree with all the wonderful reviews of this scent and won't try to re-invent the wheel by saying what others have said better.

I think Terre is very masculine- it just screams "real man." And it's obviously for a handsome discerning man, since so many handsome and discerning men on this board have provided wonderful reviews of this scent. I can picture a man in a Lamborghini wearing this and not letting the car or the scent "wear" him. This will make you the star of your own show. I love how the bitter orange smells like real orange peels and not some fake chemical smell. Jean Claude Elena, you are the master.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

I first tried this scent as I was leaving the countryside, driving back to the city.

I had just showered and was wearing a open button up and jeans. I spritzed Terre near my neck, rolled the windows down, and drove away.

The naturalness of this scent and its earthiness.....was divine. It smelt perfect for the occasion: driving with the fresh breeze, near surrounding forests, and open land.

It was very masculine. Definitely citrus but that distinct smokiness (pepper) takes it beyond fruity and clean.

I loved it, but possibly only during this occasion.
Because when I got back to the city, I spritzed twice more before heading to meet someone and by the time I walked in to say hello....I could tell I REEKED of cologne and it was very uncomfortable.

It smelt like I had sprayed my dad's cologne.

Anyways, yes its a great quality cologne...but still....$200!?!?! No thanks.

Hoxx
Hoxx

A masterpiece! Bitterness of orange, spiciness of pepper and bone dry vetiver combine extraordinary well. Can be easily worn through all seasons and in all occasions. Its sillage is excellent and it lasts forever.

9.5/10

Buysblind
Buysblind

There's not too much I can say about Terre D'Hermes that has not been said already. I am a big fan of this fragrance and it has maintained its position among my top 5 since I first bought it a few years ago.

Terre D'Hermes features an excellent citrus orange top that rests upon an earthy, mineralic, and slightly dark base. The mid and base smell like soil, a pine forest, and flint. There is also an enveloping warmth to the fragrance that takes it beyond its simple components and gives it a softer, human touch.

This is a remarkable composition. TDH is extremely versatile, easy to wear, and often complimented by others. It has excellent longevity and projects very well. At first I had Terre D'Hermes pegged for a Fall/Winter scent, but I've found that it's equally adept in the Spring and Summer, and depending on the weather, will present itself in different, though always enjoyable ways.

A solid backbone to my collection, Terre D'Hermes is the fragrance that got me into fragrances.

I encourage everyone to at least try this. You should not be disappointed.

b4byd09
b4byd09

this stuff smells amazing. it does not laast that longon me though. i been searching for where i can buy it cheaper. i just found it for $84.99 at Tar-get. can't wait to receive it.

vitop
vitop

Finally got my Terre. AHHH the wonderful smell... This truly is a great scent and very versatile indeed. A must try for any perfume addict. The longevity ans sillage are just superb.

Vastalux
Vastalux

Mature scent. Not my taste. Quality product.

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

I bought this masterpiece yesterday, I bought for a very cheap price, 100ml bottle, less than 20 dollar and is original, is that a friend of mine who does not know about perfume, her family gives her expensive perfumes and she sell it by a very cheap price.

The fragrance is earthy, citrus with a touch of pepper, is not a sweet fragrance, the fragrance is not for a disco, it's for a special occasion or for when you wear a nice suit.

It's a different fragrance is not common, is one of those fragrances that you find strange the first time, but after few seconds or 2 minutes you love it.

cee the scenter
cee the scenter

very elegant scent. starting with bitter orange changing to peppery and woody stuff after few minutes.unique and original masterpiece.

TimothyG
TimothyG

Though I am not too impressed with the sillage or longevity I don't remember getting as many compliments wearing any other scent. The smell is rather mature ad alluring. I really do think its one of those fragrances you either love or hate but it is worth a shot as I love the scent.

turgay

Eril, agresif, uyarıcı ve seksi koku

noirdrakkar

This is well priced for the quality. Sparkling citrus, peppery spice, and earthy woods. This will last on your skin the entire day and it projects well throughout. Crisp and professional but not for everyone. This wont get you a ton of compliments from ladies but a lot of men like it. If you are under 30 there is a good chance that you wont like this as it is strong and more suitable for an older crowd but there are plenty of yojnger people who can do just fine with tdh.

I like how it smells but personally it isnt for me. Its not what i personally want to projrct myself as. This is well acclaimed but i warn you that gou shouldnt buy this or or fell obligated to like it just because the fragrance community as a whole loves it. We are all different and the only way to tell if this is for you is to test it out yourself.

erik.siqueira

Mature tangerine explodes into a dry sand. Vetiver lovers need this. Amazing frag, longevity and projection.

dmitri.medvedev.3
dmitri.medvedev.3

i have a 100 ml bottle its smells too mature to me i can sell it i live in bulgaria...

patrick.quansah
patrick.quansah

i second to him,anyone here to sell his? I mean da 200 ml.EDT.

jenhan
jenhan

My favourite , smell citrusy and fresh, perfect for all kind of weather, and the projection is really good, my friends told me how they can smell me from quite a distant when i walk , so overall i'm happy with this masterpiece :) also last for a long time

noirdrakkar

Versatile and professional, staple in every collection.

milklizard
milklizard

I smell dirt, wet soil, wood, and spices. This is so great and fresh.

Garfield007
Garfield007

Very disturbing pepper/citrus smell. With some "Grandpa" feeling.
Headache after an hour. Throw away.

Longevity: very good. At the next day was still a light scent at my TShirt.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Elegantly astringent citrus spilled on a cool hardwood floor... near a quiet fountain, the water of which spills gently over smooth stones. With this inimitable chemical classic, the house perfumer for Hermès, Jean-Claude Elléna, accomplished for the masculine citrus genre what he previously did for the spicy slick musk (Déclaration de Cartier)... create a new genre. Terre is never unfresh, never average, and never overbearing. It subtly marks your territory and garners the "OMG you smell good!!!!" comments more than any other citrus-woods juice in the "terre"-itory.

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: This is now on my top shelf. I get a lot of citrus--sharp but with rounded edges--initially. Then a whooolllle lot of vetiver with a little cedar. Take this as a "get" from someone with a simple nose, but I'm reminded of Creed Vetiver during drydown--that's a good thing.

Longevity is average on me. I get good projection for several hours.

I don't see this as being mindblowingly awesome panty dropping juice. For me it is invigorating and appropriate for work; any sexiness has to be a partnership of the frag and the fragee (this isn't something to wear out to clubs, IMO).

EDIT: Same as my initial review. Scores...

Sillage: 8/10

freestyle
freestyle

fresh fragrance with citrus scent that remembering me of eau de cartier, but this hermes was more spicy than him.. all round perfume and one of my best..

JohnMc
JohnMc

Great fragrance - what more needs to be said that hasn't already been articulated by minds better than mine? However, if despite the rich attractiveness of this fragrance, you can't actually afford it, fear not! Yardley's 'Citrus and Woods' is almost the same offering, but far, far cheaper you have another option! Enjoy...

lilinah
lilinah

I was trying to find a fragrance for my boyfriend that he liked. Turned out his taste was not at all sophisticated. But while dragging him to fragrance counters i found several scents i like - i sometimes wear "men's" fragrances. I just adore vetiver - one of my huge favorites is Encre Noir by Lalique, the mens version. And i love the deep woody scent of the base notes in Terre d'Hermes. Oddly i don't get strong citrus from this, just enough to lighten the base and keep it from being overpowering.

I also use Terre d'Hermes to tone down some rather sweet perfumes, such as Serge Lutens Arabie. I love those spices but there's something way too sweet for me in it, so i spray on Arabie and then add some Terre d'Hermes.

I know this was developed as a man's fragrance, but i think it is pretty much unisex.

vxgas
vxgas

It is unique and long-lasting. Not my choice. Try before buy! It's better than Voyage though, for which I think is stink. Obviously I am not into Hermes.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

This one gets a LOT of compliments, rave reviews and has generally a great reputation in fragrance communities. I purchased a bottle in Paris just as the male version was launched (in 2007 or 2008?). However, I struggled to finish the bottle...at least on my skin, it's too strong and overpowering.

turgay

Asi,İddealı,Seksi,Çarpıcı ve iç Gıdıklayıcı Muhteşem Odun Kokulu parfüm.

GMK
GMK

what else can i say about this masterly created , elegant and amazing scent. this is a joy for the wearer as well as for the people around. a true modern classic.

Geurenland
Geurenland

Fresh classy timeless scent for men. You'l get a lot of compliments wearing this (some say: "very sexy"). Jeanne-Cloud Ellena must have been in a very good mood designing this. It creates a deep woody fruity atmosphere around you. One of the best designer perfumes at this moment. Should be in every men's collection.

erik.siqueira

Wonderful fragance, looks vintage, but "classique" scent for great moments. The drydown have a explosion of citrus and pepper, the projection is nice! I felt warm and a little sweet note in the middle.

thief of hearts

Perhaps the sample I received was bad, but this stuff smells straight up dry and old school 70's. No bueno!

Rankn504

Black touch from Frank olivier smells jus like this stuff and half the price and think it smells a lil better actually.. This opens up like sweaty feet smell and than dries down to the beautiful fragrance that it is but black touch doesnt have that opening. Plus its only $15 so for the price cant beat it.But his stuff is amazing the drive down is just SINGULAr i like it for a 29 yr old man i wear it..

pjcreative
pjcreative

This fragrance is simply amazing. It never gets old or boring. It's timeless. It's vintage. It's modern. It's clean. It's dirty. It's captures true expression like a piece of art would an emotion. I would imagine if you have never smelled this before and someone passed by wearing this, your eyes would follow, your expression might drop, and after quickly recovering, that stranger wearing terre d'hermes would be a focal point until they were out of site.

My imagination creates a vivid sensation through this scent of what John Lennon's vintage Gibson acoustic guitar might smell like after being cleaned with a woody orange citrus polish and stored away in an imaginary cedar lined case. That is how powerful this fragrance is to me. Very classy, very powerful, and very stimulating.

Clean yet dirty, woody fresh yet delightfully aged, orange peel, dirty citrus acidic woods, under ripe ruby red grapefruit, day old orange pulp muddled nicely in a fresh cut cedar mug. A hint of pinecomb, but then again not, perhaps a hint of fresh pine sap that has somehow found a way onto your clothing. You fold it, it's dry and hard and releases it's piney aroma mixed with your sticky fingers from peeling an orange. Imagine, the aroma of cracked pine sap and sticky orange fingers....and the smile that follows.

Very good projection, in fact unbelievable on my skin. A scent trail so wonderful it turns heads and makes impressions. The rest is up to you..lol. I have received many compliments, and many "what on earth is that you're wearing?". Especially at work. (Fine dining restaurant). You know, many people have "opinions" about who, when, where, and why whatever is appropriate or not about fragrance and how and when it should be worn.

If a fragrance makes you feel good inside it's the right fragrance, so wear it....there is no other way to enjoy what you're wearing unless you're enjoying what you're wearing.

Dress shoes no socks and cut off shorts...

The opinions will come as they always do,
confidence is key...Fragrances don't come with instruction manuals, just many opinions....

Terre D'Hermes is one of the best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of sniffing.

8/10 longevity EDT
10/10 longevity EDP

9/10 projection EDT & EDP

EDP/stronger sense of spicy muddled orange
EDT/ orange woods for a long time........

Alive
Alive

It's like a smell taken from the core of the earth mixed with woods and the forest, raw orange and air.It's pretty strong but smells fantastic!!

OZ

TdH is a beautiful earthy fragrance that have not been seen often in the modern designer fragrances. I spayed it on my woody then completely forgotten about it, after leaving the mall I began to detect a floral peppery aroma that is so sniff-able (must be chocked full of Super Iso E). I can see why TdH isn't a compliment getter, it is not your typical fragrance. Wear it for YOUrself.

stayclose
stayclose

Terrestrial. He speaks your languge what ever it is and wears his heart on his sleeve.

marques_rp
marques_rp

Perfectly natural fragrance. So natural that I'm not ready for it yet.

Top notes: pure citrus. Clear orange. I feel like I spilled orange juice on my arm. My wife commented that it smelled of some citrus cleaner :(

Heart Notes (after 1h): Pepper. The smell of burning citrus mixture with pepper. For me, the best part. I liked it!

Base Notes (after 3hs): Do u know those lifters root tied with ribbons that our grandmother placed inside the wardrobes or chests to give a pleasant smell? So, that is called Vetiver and the base notes are purely smell it. I felt like an old chest fragrant.

Sorry to those who like Terre, but I think I'm still not ready to wear perfume so unique and natural. I did not feel any complexity in it, but only three notes: Orange / Pepper / Vetiver. Try before you buy it.

shimon123
shimon123

I must to admit that i agree with BIOVI- review before mind- strong smell but lack of gentlness and depth.

biovi
biovi

A lot of delight about it was written here, but I wonder if the opinion would be so good if it was e.g. CK fragrance. People have pronones to exalt things more due to the brand. I'm not saying it is a bad fragrance, I like it, it's different, intiguing but not a masterpiece. What I do not like is that it doesn't change much since opening, it smells a little of soil and tyre (if you ever changed your car wheel you will know it). You won't seduce women below 30 y/o wearing it.

Fragrance: 7,5/10

Kain
Kain

First of all, thanks Ellena for this great juice!
What can I tell about this fragrance.
It's a fantastic woody spicy fragrance with great scent of bitter orange.
Start with sharp and strong scent of bitter orange, pepper, woodsy notes and vetiver all at the same time.
But bitter orange and pepper are more intense than the other notes.
In the drydown again you can smell all the notes plus only hint of sweet notes and stronger vetiver and stronger black pepper.
It's not a sensual fragrance to attract opposite sex! this fragrance made for a real gentleman!
I already have both EDT and Pure Parfum version.
I've tested them both head to head.
Both are very close to each other but at the same time there are some differences.
While the EDT version is more spicy and earthy, the Pure Parfum version is more smoky and woodsy!
In the EDT version you can smell vetiver much more and in the Pure Parfum the woodsy notes are easily detectable and the woodsy notes are stronger than the vetiver note.
So if you like your Terre D'Hermes more woody than earthy, go for Pure Parfum and if you like it to be more earthy, go for EDT version.
Very good projection and longevity with both but EDT has a little better projection but Pure Parfum has a little better longevity.
یه عطر بی نظیر بر پایه بوی پرتقال تلخ به همراه بوی فلفل سیاه و رایحه های جنگلی و وتیور
شما در ابتدا تقریبا بوی تمام رایحه هایی که ذکر شد رو استشمام میکنین، اما بوی پرتقال تلخ و فلفل مشهود تره
در ادامه باز تمامی رایحه ها وجود دارن فقط با این تفاوت که بوی پرتقال کمی از تلخیش کاسته میشه منتها بوی وتیور و فلفل سیاه قویتر میشه
من هر دو نوع تویلت و پرفیوم رو دارم
بوی هر دو خیلی به هم شبیه هست اما مدل تویلت کمی بوش تندتره و پخش بوی نسبتا بهتری داره اما پرفیوم بوش تاریک تر و عامه پسندتر
عطری نیست که بخواین بزنین و باهاش برین دختر بازی کنین
این عطر یه عطر تلخ و تند برای یه مرد بسیار شیک پوش و جدی و مصمم هست
از ثانیه ثانیه رایحه این عطر روی پوستم لذت میبرم

Peegore
Peegore

When my interest in men's fragrances switched from casual user to, what would become, a semi-obsessed addict, it was Terre d'Hermes that was the catalyst.

Up to this point, around 2008, men's aftershaves and colognes were something I put on as an afterthought. The tail-end of the preening ritual before a night out. I had been reading a men's magazine (non-seedy I swear), and Terre was featured as one of it's "Top 10 Men's Fragrances" to buy. It piqued my interest, for the description of this seemed so curiously different from what I had just taken for granted before. The next Saturday I found myself in a large department store, seeking to sample what I was sure would be 'just another men's smellie'. How wrong I was.

Right there, and every time I have enjoyed this since, Terre d'Hermes just leaves me in a state of olfactory delight. The opening puts me in mind of a wooden bowl of dried orange-peel potpourri, so bitter yet so fragrant. Blending into this come the ozonic, vetiver and cedar notes that, combined with the opening, create a beautiful harmonious 'experience'. I say experience because when I close my eyes and smell Terre, it's not thoughts of the perfume's notes that come to mind, but Paris, Nice, specifically Florence... places I have visited that for some reason are triggered by it. The pallet colours of the cities; the burnt orange, creamy yellows, and terracotta tiles. The warmth of the dry air against the cool shadow of the tall architecture lining the streets.

Terre de Hermes is more than the sum total of its parts. It is the alpha and the omega of my fragrance life. And nothing as yet has filled me with the same sense of mental-olfactive completeness. Absolutely wonderful.

frangellan
frangellan

I wore this today in full springtime glory and finally feel comfortable to provide a full review on it:

The main notes in this are cedar, orange, pepper, and vetiver. The fresh cedar in the opening is very nice and stands up front with the orange. They recede to the background and the vetiver and pepper come through. The nice thing is that while this fragrance does change, it stays rather linear and you can distinguish all these notes well into the life of the fragrance.

I would describe Terre as "ethereal." It's like white background noise. It's there and you can notice it but not in any way overpowering. It's bright, uplifting, pleasant and sophisticated. I believe so many people like it because it is so versatile, can be worn during the day or evening, formal or informal occasions, by young and old alike. I would say though it appeals to a 25+ crowd. My college aged sister mentioned I smelled like an old man and my mother told me it reminded her of Aramis. But I like it and I think any self-respecting man would too.

My only qualm is that it stops projecting after about 5 hours and gets rather close to the skin (at which point it stays well into 10 hours). I think if you like this scent you might consider going for the EdP.

Highly recommended

darrshanjvoraa

a true masterpiece, ok now as far as the pricing goes it is good that it is a little expensive otherwise it will b come a common perfume which every second person will start wearing, so let the prices be on higher side so it is restricted to a limit of people wearing it.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

Wow...
It's hard to describe this smell, it's completely unique.
Imagine an orange, not a fresh orange, a stale orange lying on the ground in the middle of a meadow, left outside under the blazing sun of a hot summers day and covered in a little bit of dirt and soil. Now imagine the smells of the meadow joining together with the smell of the sun-baked orange, that's what Terre d'Hermes smells like.
It's citrusy, it's earthy, it's very masculine but at the same time it's alluring and attractive.
Lasts and projects very well too.
It's a Must Have for any fragrance collector.

Also, I think I just found my new signature scent ;D

Nik604
Nik604

I,ve tried it yesterday and i like it,, because it's manly, uplifting, bright and different - innovative... It's superb and responding truly on the whole reviews here...But! As I said: I like it, but I will never love it, and that is happen always ( to my personal taste) with those so-called old french perfumeries - always there is something in the very base that i find it repulsive to me... it's like a thick artificial wax,a pomade, with some strange powder in it...the same thing i find it in Dior homme dior , Cartier Roadster, Gucci pour Homme, Chanel blue... sorry, not my cup of tea-)) I prefer really natural fragrances, no matter how cheap or expensive they are.. Now, in my eyes ( and nose) the true winner and the right substitute of this one is L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense , wich i find outstanding with his icy-smoked lemon trip to nowhere

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

had to buy this one for my husband - this is how a man has to smell in my opinion :)
Love it! It is not too strong and sometimes you can't even feel it but once in a while there is a trace of this gorgeous and sexy smell...

Fabissima
Fabissima

Now if a man been sprayed on with this scent best stay away from me! I am absolutely in love with this! This is the Ultimate scent - full of passion and secrets - a complete MASTERPIECE!!!
My forever favourite smell!!! Any man who wears it is unique and desirable for any women!

mn77393
mn77393

this is one of my favorite fragrances ever. it has an exuberant, peppery citrus opening layered over a strong woody-earthy base of cedar, benzoin, and vetiver. all of the elements come together perfectly to create a lively subtlety and complexity that pique interest with the strength of a perfectly moderate projection and great longevity. the base gives it a sophisticated, mature, and mysterious masculinity, while the opening pepper and citrus give it the vibrance and liveliness of youth. it's on the high end of what i'll pay for a fragrance, but it's definitely a unique and well-made fragrance that justifies paying a little more for. it has power and strength with a perfect modicum of sophistication and class.

hermes186

This is definitely one of my favourite scents. I've got the EdT and I've also tried out the EdP. In my experience the EdT is strong enough in terms of longevity and sillage so I don't see a need for the EdP which seems much more closer to the skin.

harshavardhan.jb
harshavardhan.jb

Very long lasting. Just a spray lasts for more than 8 hours.

thor
thor

What more can be said of this amazing scent! Its a work of art and definintely one of the best ever created. Hats off to Jean Claude Ellena for coming up with this MASCULINE masterpiece.

Ahhh Terre D'Hermes . . . I just want to indulge in its earthy magnificence. This scent has all the qualities that one would look for in order to label a fragrance as 'Perfect'. I just can't seem to be able to find any flaws with it (its such an unbelievable formulation).

Adding to the 'out of this world' smell of Terre D'Hermes is its excellent longevity and projection. A complete package! And if your pockets are warm, try acquiring its EdP version (It'll knock you off your feet!).

Heaven can really wait as long as Terre D'Hermes is around !!

EdT:
Sillage: 9/10

EdP:
Sillage: 10/10

zeb
zeb

This masterpiece makes you feel like that you are sunbathing at a Mediterrean beach.
The smell of moss,orange trees and pinewoods are coming to your nose:)
It gives you piece but in the same time it makes you get excited!
But Terre d'Hermes is not a kind of scent that fits all kinds of men.
It's for the men who are classy,calm and funny in the same time.

raihanasalways
raihanasalways

this is rich. if you want to smell like a milliner wear this. this is long lasting and sillage monster. just love this jam. one of my top fav.

aries70
aries70

Ok, I want to write this down before I forget, just sampled this(thank god) and although I can see what the buzz is all about,this is definitely not for Me,not by a long shot.This is very unique,very strong,with great sillage and longevity.All great things for a scent if you either love or like this.Like I said,not for Me.....I get a strong nauseating citrus peel and mineral metallic opening with a lessening of this and an amplification of some wood in the drydown.Very mature,very strong,very manly and very grose.I kept thinking that I had smelled this before,could'nt put My finger on it,tell it hit me in the shower when I was washing this off.After the first scrub and through the warm water,there is something in there that reminds Me of a note in L'air du Desert Marroccaine,and I mean vaguely,that and cheap off brand orange wood polish wipes...To each his own,so sample first and sample always.

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

A masterpiece and a staple in my collection. Used to be my signature scent until I stumbled upon the beauty known as Sweet Redemption by Kilian.

This begins as a sparkly citrus blast that is refreshing and uplifting to the spirit. I can imagine if La Tomatina in Spain (the tomato throwing/stomping/smashing festival) was La Citrusina...and took place on a cliff...that's what Terre D'Hermes is.

The citrus notes are well blended with the pepper giving a shining entrance. Overtime, the citrus becomes darker, and the earthy notes begin to take form. This is where the magic begins...if you have ever seen the commercial...well that's what the mid to dry down notes resemble...a barren terrain of pure earth with citrus undertones.

Extremely versatile fragrance. This projects VERY well..I remember using one shot to the neck...4 hours later I walk into a starbucks...first thing the sales clerk says is.."you smell damn good." The juice lasts and lasts, great sillage

A Classic!

lil_taul

this is good. but it can come off strong to some women ...u know they can smell everything from amile away so jus imagine how it would smell to dem up close... but overall, i think its cool. 7/10

firsttime
firsttime

I got 12 ml. from estate sale with very cheap price and it amazing! for me it's very longative and breezy all day, warm and wow! cant wait to buy full version but very expensive!

Nebal
Nebal

The best for spring and fall.

Oh the longevity!

It's unreal, i just took out a sweater that i haven't been wearing for at least 7 weeks, i know this exactly because i wore it when i bought my new bed and i can still detect a clear but mild trace of Terre D'Hermes on it, that's really exceptional!

Helsinki
Helsinki

If only one word could be used for Terre D'Hermès, it would be INTRIGUING. You can smell the massssive pepper and the bit-more-timid benzoin at the same time and they actually work well together.

After seven hours the scent is going strong on a paper strip - absolutely energetic, no signs of drydown whatsoever!

Patchouli gives Terre (Engl: earth, ground) a remarkable forcefulness and posture. Great choice for thirtysomething businessmen. Terre is friendly but certainly appropriate at the same time, and I have to say that it's charming, too. To be honest this is a very classy masculine (I enjoy wearing colognes but this is Masculine with a big M, so women try before you buy).

High class, clear, refined. What else could you possibly expect when Hermès goes "earthly"? Recommended.

daveysis
daveysis

No wonder this is so popular...can't believe it's taken so long for me to buy.Wow this is real quality...after 30 min's or so the spice really come's into it's own and the scent is fantastic....got to be top shelve material.Great all year scent...love it.

seensoon
seensoon

One word, it is "Great".

Searched so much and when found in the end, I wasn't disappointed a bit.

budsetdr
budsetdr

Actually its not my fave scent, but it seems that everybody love it. So every times I use this TH, I feel like everybody like the smell. That's why I like TH, to make warm and happiness around me.

magneto78
magneto78

Awesome on my shirt but the drydown on my skin produces a civet like(Feces) smell that isnt so great. 9/10. Do not over apply as this has planty of projection. Most women love it

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I have been wearing this for more than a year now and I really don't get the earthy part that everyone sees. For me it is green hued citrus and wood. The citrus persists to the end never allowing for the vetiver to become really obvious. I like it and technically it is superb with amazing tenacity and sillage, without ever getting cloying. I just wish JCE would go a little easy on the ISO-E-Super

still 9/10

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Without wanting to exaggerate, there´s no other perfume in the world that blends well with my skin like this does. What do I mean? Well, usually the reason why we buy fragrances is to overtone our skin odour with somethin more pleasurable and hence smellin the mixture of body odour and Fragrance but predominantly the fragrance we just sprayed. But what Terre does to me is blend in, it doesnt play Robin or Batman to my skin, rather walk hand in hand. Kinda giving me a jump start on a long hike. The citruses do there work really good in keepin it fresh and then a spicy aura creeps in and lights up the whole of it living a nice, rich earthy vetiver and patchouli mix thats loooveellyy. I would recommend this for the office or day use. Projection and longevity are above average for sure. nice work here Hermes. The advert sure does describe it best. EEAARRTHY, even most fitting the edp version.

oscar0205
oscar0205

I've never used any perfume like this, it is suitable for daily use, but still special. It smells unlike fragrance products but like a natural flavor can melt with body. Many people found it unusual and asked what it is. It is warm , tough, thick and transparent. What a excellent fragrance.

Rankn504

The best thing about this cologne is the dry down. Ive never smelled anything like it. They def took their time with this one. Not for everyone. this is for a sophisticated man suit and tie type of guy. This stuff smells like money lol!!

chibon
chibon

Classy, earthy/woodsy, citrusy...wonderful frag that may not work for everyone. There are harsh notes of vertiver and cedar that are complimented by the citrusy grapefruit accords. Must have for those into dry woodsy fragrances

Longevity 8/10
Sillage 7/10
Scent 9/10

joshua.cooper1
joshua.cooper1

I really wanted to like the scent. It seems to be liked by many people. On my skin, all I get is a burnt orange sitting in a hamster cage. It smells like the cedar bedding that you use in rodent cages. I can't get past that smell and subsequently can't wear this scent without thinking about a hamster running on a wheel.

Absolutely stunning.

ManicPsych290
ManicPsych290

Smelled it and found it very appeasing to the senses; became my instant #2 cologne behind Green Irish Tweed.

Julio Azul
Julio Azul

A masculine fragrance with good longevity and silage.A fragrance that women love to smell on a man.

a.sebahi
a.sebahi

Love it.. simply suit everyone taste......

MmM
MmM

just amazing! it's for everyone. unique.

onyioana
onyioana

simply love it !!!

Roel W
Roel W

Very nice and long lasting inoffensive scent. Wouldn't recommend this for youngsters or teenagers.

OZ

I get sweet peppery in this fragrance. Very beautiful but I can't seem to find the right time to wear it :|

jozi1991
jozi1991

Finally i bought my EDT Terre d'Hermes 100ml bottle and I'm very excited. I love this scent its so unique, fresh and clean. Well made bottle and juice just gorgeous. Scent 9,8/10 Longevity 10/10 Projection 10/10 But somebody may not like TerredHermes. But overall masterpiece.

darrshanjvoraa

one word mind blowing, at the first spray itself it speaks its volume and yes a very fine well made fragrance, the brand hermes is really a very luxurious and so does the perfume terre de hermes. u smell earth and air one by one, i think this should come in niche catogery, well i also hav the parfum version of this, which is rarelly available, gorgeous is also the parfum .

well some great perfumes i hav to make a note of here.

terre de hermes,

l instant de guerlain l extreme.

comme des garcons.

costume national intense a scent the black one.

dior homme intense edp.

jadore l or 40ml..

narcisco rodriguez edp for her and him.

burberry london for men brown color box.

dolce and gabbana for him the classic one.

and the masters perfume green irish tweed by creed.

platinum egoiste by chanel edt.

chanel no 5 edp.

ken.z008
ken.z008

The citrus scent brings brightness to the fragrance while cedar and vetiver bring the woody/earthy tone to it. Clean. Masculine.Direct to the point. Calm but powerful. A brother of Paul Smith Story.

Smapyska
Smapyska

I had bought this one for my boyfriend just after reading the comments (without any idea how it smels in reality). Ok, i was expecting more citrus notes, and i had found more vetiver and pepper notes.. And really strong.. BUT, after 2 hours of intensive sniffing, i really felt in love with this smell.
I think it's created for a real, strong, solid man, and i like it. I hope my boyfriend (he's 30 years old) will like it too.

Update:
and so this fragrance became his Signature smell! He adores this parfume. I'm so happy!

sf2explus
sf2explus

This scent was a must have from the first time i sniffed it on a piece of paper. very biter orange and grapefruit comination at the start, the actual skin (zest) of both the citrus remain all the way through till the end but does tone down after the first six hours the vetiver combines very well with a semi sweet tart quality in the background which makes me forget its a bitter scent at times. there is a rifined feeling about the scent somewhere in the scent it is a note that makes me think of pureness if that makes any sense. imagine all the other fragrance using tap water, and terre using mineral water triple filtered. The sent is suitable to wear year round except for summer day time. the sillage of the scent is very good. and longevety is between 8-10 hours after that it's a skin scent. The scent has a classic vibe to it, very sophisticated and classy stuff here.
Bottle design well best i'v seen yet very detailed if you look through the glass its very clear and can easily see whatever is behind it without any blurryness. excellent cap design doesnt actually come off, it is twisted down and twisted back up when finnished. the sprayer is excellent. (my review is for the EDT)

Scent 9/10

DaZeD

To put is simple, this is Oranges and Vetiver.
When you just apply it it's a perfect combination of those two, slowly throughout the day the orange fades away and the vetiver comes to light, eventually it's about 30% orange and 70% vetiver that remains.

I don't mind that, i'm a sucker for vetiver, i really love it, and the scent is more complex then just oranges and vetiver, but they are definatly dominating it.

Scent 10/10
Longevity 9/10
Sillage 9/10

TonyEnzo
TonyEnzo

Maybe it is just the way it reacts to my skin but not only do i like women absolutely love this on me. I mean suck my face love it. That's the only endorsement I need. Also, put the after shave balm on your face a few minutes before your apply the cologne and it will last all day.

bagusperfume
bagusperfume

amazingly for me.
my signature perfume for now ...
good job!

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

Terre d'Hermes is a truly unique blend of flinty earth, charred wood, orange peel and ozone. Quite possibly it is the best of the modern masculines.

Terre comes in two flavors, the original EDT and the Parfum which comes in a smaller bottle for the same price. Though more concentrated, the Parfum stays closer to the skin with less sillage, and requires the same number of sprays as the EDT. Try both on skin before you buy as they are quite different.

Terre EDT is an orange peel thrown at the foot of a dwindling wood fire at the edge of a cedar forest. It is cold stone, mineral and ozonic. It is literally burnt orange.

Terre PARFUM is the same orange hours before, uneaten but baking in the noonday sun. The cold mineral accord is gone but the cedar and charred wood are there, and the whole thing is somehow rounder, fresher, more ripe than the EDT.

NOTE: The wonderful cedar accord that is the base of both versions of Terre d'Hermes is notorious for causing olfactory fatigue. Meaning the Terre you smell today will be missing half its glory tomorrow. I have waited up to two weeks between wears of the EDT, which I own, and still can't smell the cedar.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

For men who are tired of Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed, but yearn for their dry-woody equivalent, I present to you Terre d'Hermes. Its crisply warm citrus and pepper top notes marry perfectly to its cedar, fir, and geranium base, making it the quintessential postmodern daily driver for the under-40 crowd. No frills, no surprises, but it smells very good, and is a touch more original than the other two mentioned above.

vacuum
vacuum

I am 30+ and my GF says its for an older man, which I partially agree. My version is the EDT. Don`t get me wrong! I am in love with this parfum. It i a continuous earthy,woody, spicy wave comming out of you all the time! Stays 10 hours! Great!Only one spray per spot!Not more!

vickiraven
vickiraven

Fabulous smell. I buy it for my son and he gets loads of compliments!!!

I tested this one on paper and on my skin while helping my bf choosing a fragrance for him.

Well, I'm not good for men fragrances, because I rarely try them on myself. I like very feminine flower oriental for myself.
I'm a lover of Guerlain Habit Rouge, one of the most elegant and sexy yet fresh man scents ever! Especially before re-formulation.
My bf has a like for generic aquatic colognes, not my really my kind but not offensive if used with sense.
Of course, I liked Terre d'Hermes much more than him!
This is one of the most interesting man fragrances out there in the mainstream!
I like its warmth and spicyness after the initial citrus burst has gone, but it doesn't smell cloying or harsh or too dry and bitter.
I find it very balanced with a clear personality. It stands out of the crowd.
No brashy sporty cologne which I run far from, no harsh conservative.
My bf didn't like it much. He said it's too strong for his likes and too spicy oriental. That's the best part for me!

jakobi3000
jakobi3000

Wow! i sampled this in a friends bathroom years ago and i hated it. i sniffed this again today and got that acrid orange beginning but once the dry down came i couldn't stop sniffing my wrist...very woody and a tad incensy. the citrus spicy reminds me of burberry the beat! all in all very classy!!

Valentino
Valentino

I wanted to review this for a while, but I was worried that I might end up writing a novel, such a wondrous fragrance is Terre d'Hermes! Depending on your chemistry, you will either get a lush, full-bodied and humid fragrance or a rather dissonant, severe, dry and metallic fragrance. I am just weird enough to have experienced BOTH on my own skin.

The good news is that I LOVE it, no matter what it's doing on the day. Some days it does the whole freakin' lot! Big blast of refreshing grapefruit and Seville orange extract (aka bergamot). Something like the newest leaves of a fir tree on a Spring morn' and then the dissonance of the pepper comes in. At this point a truly compelling and unexpected metallic zing; but...yes...it's an unpleasantness which I find pleasing.

Here is that 'Man's man' they speak of...the unfaltering, the unwavering. He doesn't suffer fools gladly. He works hard and shoulders his responsibility squarely. He's like a mighty oak in the forest, with branches to support the lesser creatures.

The warmth of the woods (cedar and vetiver)comes through more with time and the oiliness of the bergamot hangs on in the background, helped no doubt by the Iso E Super fixative. There's no denying that Terre is the work of a genius and one of the greatest masculines of our time!

kasurigama
kasurigama

If i could only have 1 fragrance this is the one id choose. Its perfect for every occasion. It lasts so long just on the edt so i dont see any need for the edp.

Its rare to find a fragrance which has longevity and sillage without smelling synthetic. I do preffer d'orange vert to this but it just doesnt last as long.

Terre d'hermes starts of with a burst of orange freshness then devolopes into a spicy and sweet orange. Id describe it as a spiced, candied orange. The longer its on your skin the better it smells.

The orange zest makes it perfect for summer and the spice makes it perfect for winter and everything in between.

evilspin
evilspin

This has got to be one of the best out there! I hope it does not become too popular since i dont want kids wearing it and ruining its luxurious and expensive "you dont pic me. I pick you" image. Woodsy and oranges with spices. Woods to make it masculine, oranges to wake up the sences and spicy to keep you interested. The perfect concoction for seduction. You know Hermes' masculine beautiful but sensual horse mascot? This powerful juice must have been inspired by him.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Wow my latest love!! great scent well balanced!!!
Its a sophisticated almost dandy smell and places warmth with orange n spicy notes.
This one i like from now on.
I got it by smelling it on a person i was talking with.. i said: WHOAAHHH what are you wearing i want that too!!
It reminds me a lot of Azzaro Acteur i think Acteur and Terre D'hermes share the same roots.i hope im right ...cant stop sniffing my wrist :-)

erilika
erilika

I enjoy woody scents but this one is not appealing to me. I bought a bottle before. Initially I liked it but after a few wears i found out I could not stand its musty, stuffy nature. If perfume can be described as a 3D object then this one to me is just a plain flat piece of salted, orange-flavoured, sand paper.

Perhaps it's my body chemistry. The fragrance itself is quite inventive, though.

Severino Laguzza

I think I have a problem with my nose because I find no reason to find this perfume as wonderful as many people think. This fragrance is so simple that the UDV Action by Ulric de Varens copied. If you like it then save your money and buy the UDV Action.

ikipi
ikipi

Spicy orange peel.
Rough and dusty desert.
The scent certainly has character.
Manly, wild and earthy. Yet not too intense, elegant and balanced.
Inspires confidence, warmth and independence.
For grown men.
Interesting for daily use by default.

darrshanjvoraa

very earthy woody and rich luxurious fragrnace, u can try the parfum its amazing,
the opening is very good u get instantly noticed , good longevity, and a very diff fragrance and very potent one, even the house hermes is a niche one. so go go go for it .

twlahue
twlahue

stables, saddles, barn, hay, and straw...
put this on and you will instantly smell like a cowboy.

LaPD
LaPD

I've wore this a couple of time and got good reviews. I really like the orange explosion at the beginning. But I really can't get over the drydown. Yes, many people on here love the drydown and it is what makes Terre D'Hermès what it is. But it smells too waxy for me; must be the Benzoin. It's not for me I'm afraid. I did get good reviews from girls when I went out but I'm not going to wear something that I don't like just to please others. Wearing fragrances is: me first and damn if others don't like it. ... as long as I don't annoy them.

RobbieX

Lovely woody fresh citrus scent. Expensive, so save yourself some dosh and try Citrus & Wood from Yardley - it's very similar.

id
id

amazing. Pepper and vetiver with a hint of oranges and more silent accords of patchouli, benzoin and cedar. I like it for being spicy but not citrusy. After the opening the smell of oranges slowly stops and what is left is vetiver with more prominent benzoin coming and after benzoin there's time for cedar with vetiver as a base. So I wouldn't call this scent linear as some comments state here. It lasts 8 hours on my skin.

loewa
loewa

uuuugh too spicy!

reminds me of the seafood spice you add to crabs.

only spice and nothing else :-(

Jazz.M.777
Jazz.M.777

This fragance is by far one of the most exotic and unique fragances on the market. Its definetly not for everybody. Its very mature and extremely thick. 5 words to describe Terre d'Hermes are: Earthy, Citrusy, Thick, Sweet and Mature. It lasts and projects like a beast, i get at least 11+ hours. At first i hated this fragances when i tested it, after an hour of applying it i LOVED IT. Everyone adored this scent, people said it smelled luxirous and strange. Something that a god or king would wear. The only problem with this fragances is the price. But still, your paying for something so unique and so exotic its worth the price. (Use Sparingly, this guy is a monster)

Mirza

When the first time I tried this perfume on a paper ,it's smell is verry strong and freak ..but in a minute the smell is different I choose to buy this perfume ,when I used this my friend at school was so confused they said 'what perfume you use ?so strong' I said 'terre d' hermes' and in a minute my friend said 'a little bit soft from the first time you sprayed'...this perfume is great for a party which using a tuxedo you'll feel you are the best than the other ,and for dinner with your friends in a great restaurant :-)

marcioelaura
marcioelaura

I loved it!!!! Amazing fragrance!!!

Karenin
Karenin

Terre d´Hermes is a true revelation to me. Paradoxically, this wasn´t love at first sniff. A few years back I was toying with the idea of buying it for my dad, so I tested it on paper. Although it came across as an interesting fragrance, citrusy in the initial stage and a tad bit sweet, in the drydown, I found its strong cedar note rather off-putting.

I´ve recently revisited Terre to give it a second chance - and I´m pleased I have. This stuff is nothing short of exceptional, especially when tested directly on the skin. I´m a sucker for well-blended citrus notes in my frags, and Terre features a particularly delightful (over)ripe orange and grapefruit combo, which, to my surprise, has a pretty decent lasting power. Then a pepper accord becomes more obvious, followed by the cedar, which dominates the fragrance, but which I´ve come to like.

All in all, Terre d´Hermes is a well-balanced, smooth, modern and surprisingly versatile scent for men. It´s no powerhouse as I find its sillage moderate, yet its longevity impressive. My guess is its fan club includes predominantly 30+ folks or younger men intelligent beyond their years. Thank you, Mr Ellena!

newyorknick
newyorknick

I just bought this 30 minutes ago and you guys are right! This is definitely top notch. I got the EDP coz i think it's more of the formal type. I want to wear this at night when going out for dinner. Top notes are definitely citrus-ish and pepperminty. As time passes by, the perfect woody scent is getting stronger. Aahh, i can't stop smelling my wrist!

hamze
hamze

ultra luxury .

Hammajulde
Hammajulde

Right.
I had to get TDH because of all the reviews. I did not have to because I already owned F by Ferragamo and most people agree they are very alike. Very partially true.

TDH is very strong, warm and can be cloying. It gave me a headache one time (with only two sprays).
F is light, sweeter, less likely to offend and lasts almost as long as TDH.
But make no mistake, they smell alike overall.

Therefore, I have a 50ml edt bottle of TDH for special occasions and a 50ml edt bottle of F for the office. The best of two worlds and I save money.

If I had to choose only one irrespective of price?
F by Ferragamo.

uxmanali
uxmanali

What can i say, its amazing. I just bout a 200 ML EDP. I would recommend using it in winters and evenings. It is unique and a classic already.

No new perfume can match this Manly perfume.

If you dont like it yet, you will like it soon once your sense of smell matures.

Mirza

The greatest perfume i have ever met ......the smell is like rain in the dry earth ,but this is really high class with expensive money

Apep
Apep

Bought this just yesterday and wore it for the first time today... My God! What a fragrance! It has absolutely blown me away today.

I'm far from being an expert on fragrances, but I just wanted to share my experience with this classic.

The initial punch is strong but not overpowering, it soon settles down into its rhythm and delivers a distinct, deep, earthy aroma that is relentless in providing you with delight all day long.

I think this will be my signature fragrance for a while to come.

wordwizard82881
wordwizard82881

Ellena's magnificent homage to the earth and to timeless elegance outperforms anything currently on the market, and I dare anyone to come out of the experience in any state other than total rapture.

It is a radiantly clean but not-too-airy scent that has great sensual warmth and uncommon depth: the distance between the opening orange note and the cedar and benzoin drydown is huge, and with its remarkable sillage, you can experience a whole range of emotions lasting for hours and hours. There is a steely and comforting calmness at its vetiver heart, augmented by earthy white pepper, but throughout there's never a betrayal of the woodsy warmth, the 'lit from within' quality that defines the whole. It's reminiscent of, but superior to, members of the Tom Ford line, not merely with its blending and structure, but with its memorability and versatility (it could be worn day or night).

The price is steep, but even the smaller bottle will last you a very long time. I'm good to go with one or two sprays per day. And it's Hermes...they hire highly artisanal perfumers for the job. This little number is the furthest thing to a fragrance 'hack-job' as there is. Enjoy!

The_Drake
The_Drake

After having read many raving reviews about this one, and seeing the score it has on Fragrantica I have to say my expectations were enormous to say the least.

Then... I finally found it at the airport. The stores in my hometown don't stock this one. One can only wonder why.

I must admit I was a bit shaky, but after one beer and one spray on my arm it became clear in an instant. Terre d'Hermes puts all the other perfumes in my collection to shame. The association to the smell of the earth came immediately. The smell, sillage and longevity all rate 10/10. It smells exactly the same 4 hours after you applied it. Thank God (or Jean-Claude Ellena :-)) this perfume doesn't change as the hours pass by.

I also bought L'Instant de Guerlain (which I have loved for quite some time) and sprayed it on my right arm.

I definitely favoured my left arm for the entire flight.

If you don't already have it - get it! That's an order! ;-)

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

A truly masterpiece. It`s almost perfect. Very difficult to imagine better. I wear other depending on the occasions, but this one is different, it`s very, very classy. Prefer the EDT, then the EDP. MASTERPIECE !!!

mattcejr
mattcejr

A no nonsense scent destined for the fragrance hall of fame. This is an instant classic and like nothing you've smelled before.

Is it earthy? Check. Outdoorsy? Check. Unique? Check. Classy? Double check, outline the check box and put arrows around the bloody thing. Terre d'Hermes is for the confident, sophisticated, understated, yet elegant man.

Disclaimer: If you want to drop panties with this, this is not for you. If you want to get noticed rather than be remembered, this is not for you. If you think Ed Hardy is cool, this is not for you.

Conclusion: This is a must try. I never suggest blind-buys by the way. For me it's too, well, blind. It's like hey, let's go blind driving! Something tells me you'll get mixed results. Anyways, if this fragrance gels with you (longevity, sillage) then you'll have something truly wonderful. More than a fragrance, this is class in a bottle.

cjgoehner
cjgoehner

TDH

Divine and Exotic,
you’re an aspirin fit for the gods,
the liquid ghost of Gandhi
conjured into a bottle,
glorious as the bones of Buddha
ground into a luscious aroma.
How truly miraculous
the way you dissolve on my skin,
like a peppermint, like a host—
the way you bury my grief
like a diamond ring, like a seed.

As others have said...Orgasmic...A three way

EDIT:

I still own and love Terre d'Hermes and it's probably the best thing out there that isn't discontinued. An earthy, woody, warming fragrance that simply must be experienced to be understood. It works for me.

Saadii
Saadii

Best frangnance guys ... Great aroma with Loglivety of this is just too great!! love Hermes!!

renperd
renperd

Not much depth here. Its cold, flinty character against stale orange quickly gets on my nerves. It reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue for women; they're equally laden with iso e super or some such petrochemical derivative. I'm struggling to get through my 100ml of this juice.

findtheriver
findtheriver

This scent reminds me of my grandparents....
Not because I associate it with old people, not at all. I grew up in New England (Rhode Island to be exact). My grandparents were poor and lived in an old ramshackled house set back in the woods (mostly pines, cedar and oaks) at the end of a long dirt driveway. It was one of those old houses built on a foundation of large stones. And within that foundation, under the house was an earthen basement...dirt floor, exposed wooden planks and beams for the ceiling and just the stone foundation as its walls. That is the memory that immediately jumped to mind the very first time I smelled this fragrance and every time since. Cool earth, rock and the stack of dry split logs (some of it cedar) used to heat the house in the winter. This is a very comforting scent for me.

All that aside, a few words about the scent itself.

As I eluded to at the top, this isn't an old man's cologne...but it's not a young clubbers scent either. In fact I see as a bit rock and roll. One reviewer, "Grottola", said it was like roasting earth, sex and some good weed. I love that imagery. Some have spoken of its elegance and sophistication but to me the relaxing earthy-citrusy vibe makes me want to put on a leather jacket and t-shirt and find some live blues somewhere.

alaaddin777

i tested hermes edt and pure.only pure smells like montale red vetiver. terre d hermes edt is so bright.

dito
dito

I think it can be easily called niche fragrance because of its unique. it smells like fresh oranges dropped into wet soil and heated under the sun. Concentrated masculinity in a bottle. 10/10

oxm
oxm

Terre d'Hermes is a particular scent, the first spray his resinous gives the impression of opening a can of paint after a few minutes the scent changes and becomes at times balsamic, but its best to be in the final and with benzoin the vetiver.Here, is a scent that displaces the listener for the first time, the same thing had happened to me years ago but Fahrenheit Terre d'Hermes is the most innovative call almost algebraic.
Longevity +7
Packaging +9
Rated +8

medotop
medotop

A wonderful fragrance
i love it

It was my best fragrance righ now

madmax
madmax

When I first smelled it at Nordstrom, i loved and got it. I use on occasions, last week i wore it and man i got headache. I guess you have to go easy on it, just one spray is enough for the day.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

Okay, let me add my two cents' worth here. I am a true fragrance lover in the first place, but I am honest when I give my assessment of a scent, and I don't try to sugar-coat a review to show off or try to make a scent into something it's not.

I have read all the hundreds of reviews of TdH here and I was overwhelmingly enthusiastic about trying this, so much so that I bought a 3.3 oz bottle, which I don't regret in the least.

TdH is a high quality fragrance. The notes are well blended and I really love the fragrance overall. Let me state a few things here: First, I don't get much orange or grapefruit. I can tell they're there, but they don't stand out to me. TdH opened very bright and peppery, then developed more woods and less citrus. I find it to be a complex scent in one way, and a fairly simple one in another. Different notes pop up at different times but the vetiver and pepper are always there. I also don't get any of the flint, stone, slate, mineral, or whatever earthiness people are writing about. Months ago I sampled some TdH on a scent strip at the airport, and at that time I recall smelling an earthy note in there, but now that I've purchased my own bottle I don't detect that note anymore. It must develop differently on skin. Perhaps as time goes by I may begin to notice more notes.

This is one classy fragrance, though. It is long lasting on me, and I'm assuming the sillage is good. And speaking of sillage, I've read other reviewers' comments concerning how good the sillage is on this one. On another website, SJT of Australia wrote:

"Smelt very close to the skin, TdH doesn't make much sense (to me, at least), but this frag's real power is the absolute perfection of the sillage. When carried on the air away from the skin, only a few inches required, TdH is sublime."

This summarizes the effect TdH can have when smelled on someone else. Oftentimes we tend to forget that a fragrance smells different (to us) when we're wearing it, and we may think it's too strong, unpleasant, etc., but in reality it's having a far different effect on those around you who smell it. To them it may be heavenly even if you think otherwise. Sillage is very important here. Sillage it what it's all about to those around you, and I think this is what makes some perfumes really great.

Try TdH for yourself. It's very masculine and classy. You can't go wrong with it, and I think it can be worn year round. And, since I originally wrote this, I can now smell the orange note and it's very good.
UPDATE: I want to add that I am now getting a lot more of the orange accord in this. And that's a good thing. It's a very ripe orange smell, an almost overripe fragrance, but certainly not bad at all. It's the drydown, the basenotes combined with the orange that really makes this baby say WOW! I love the way it smells on me. It's been an incredibly hot summer here in Georgia, and I'm heavy with anticipation to see how TdH does in cooler weather. I bet it'll be even better.

Grottola

One of the best designer masculines of the past ten years and one of the best fragrances ever made, period, Terre d'Hermes speaks to me like a best friend. I was really into Chanel Sycomore when I first smelled Terre d'Hermes, but I found Sycomore to not be quite that satisfying. There's no doubt Sycomore is good and utilizes good raw materials, but I felt it lacked character. I appreciate Sycomore a lot more now, but that accord began with Terre d'Hermes, which took this same accord (smoky vetiver with Iso E Super; also in Encre Noire) and gives it life. The citrus compliments it perfectly, and gives it a sensual brightness. The extended smokey vetiver and Iso E Super drydown is one of the best I've ever smelled, and can go on for days if enough is applied. All in all, if you haven't tried Terre d'Hermes yet, then you need to do so. It does what it does well, and at times can smell like roasting Earth, sex, or even some good weed. Those are probably the three best smells in the world, so I'd say Terre d'Hermes is a winner.

Seriously one of the best masculines ever made. In fact - it's one of the few where I've actually FINISHED a whole bottle!

Heverton
Heverton

Terre D'hermes is a masterpiece in my opinion. Ellena, you did it again!

This one starts with a sharp orange smell that dominates through the whole fragrance life.

At some point in the middle and end of this fragrance, I do get a peppered orange smell mixed with vetiver which makes this fragrance whispers art!

Making things short. An excellent all year around fragrance that is definitely designed for 25+ years old gentleman that is looking to smell clean and fresh through all the day without the necessity for compliments (but you will get some hahahah)

Akahina
Akahina

So this fragrance is rather popular, but around my parts I never smell this one. I am torn between the EDT and the Pure Parfum version. I have this one and have used samples of the Parfum. More about my choice later in this review.

This starts off with a great citrus top note, sort of like a very "mature" orange. (By "mature" I could mean spoiling, a stronger orange odor with a bit of bitterness.) This lasts for a nice period of time and is a great smell modified by some pepper and pelargonium notes, citrus still present for me in the middle notes. As the fragrance evolves it become drier and a bit earthier with a nice bit of ceder and patchouli. All this blends together so nicely and the ending notes are great! For me I never really smell the dirt or flint that others smell, perhaps I am not skilled enough to get this aroma, or maybe it is my skin.

But what I love most about this fragrance is the unique beginning and middle. By the time the end comes it is relaxed and mature, very comfortable and I believe a close to the skin scent of cedar (mostly) with a touch of benzoin and patchouli. Towards the end I want to add a tiny little spray so I can enjoy that unique top that only Terre D'Hermes has, an unique smell.

I get about 6+ hours of wear on this but have been told that others can still smell this lightly even though I can smell very little. I wonder about olfactory fatigue on this. As I understand this fragrance has a lot of iso E super, a chemical I know almost nothing about but apparently it can cause olfactory fatigue in some people.

I find myself going between this and my precious sample of Terre d'Hermes Parfum. I love them both and I have worn them together using a lot less of the parfum. The parfum smells the same to me but richer with top notes that last longer.

This is a mature, masculine and very rich scent for mature men, not for a boy in my opinion. It is sensual, warm, confident, reassuring, classy, unique and simply a modern masterpiece. I think it can be worn at any time, casual or formal, even at the club.

The more I wear this, the more I like it. I have a large bottle of it and will not be without. Also getting a large bottle of the parfum as soon as I can afford it.

Simply stated, this is the best of the best! Perfect score from me.

psipsina
psipsina

i am in love whit this perfume. i smell it few days ago and i want it to myself. is a masculine perfume, i know, but on my skin is fabulous! is perfect!

rheea oana
rheea oana

I seem to enjoy more and more of Jean Claude Ellena's creations!
Terre D' Hermes is a perfect day to day fragrance for men that could turn easily as a woman's favorite as well!
I for one am in absolute love with it. It's a perfect combination of hesperides, spice and wood!
It starts fresh but warm also, very close to the skin! I detect a hint of something similar to lavender which makes me want to poor this stuff all over! Tell you what it's addictive, that's what it is!
It's the outdoorsy type of fragrance , woods supreme, cedar and patchoulli, but also very sophisticated! It is described as a woody-spicy but the spice is soft and has almost musky quality but spicy nonetheless!
The dry down is mossy green , earthy and warm!!!
Lasting power for the EDT is up to 5-6 hours but great silleage!!! I would declare this unisex in a second , I for one would drown myself in Terre d'Hermes!

bwcw81
bwcw81

Very strong, potent, powerful, earthy feel, smooth and polite scent, but definitely a very mature scent, most suitable for married men. Last more than 6 hours with great projection, problem for me is after the heavy citrusy first note, the second note - the pepper and pelargorium become too dry - almost feel like dried dirt on my skin, block my nose and make me feel slight nausea..... last notes is just nice and mild. One of the kind scent from Hermes house, just too bad, not for me, but a perfect gift for my 50's dad....

soned
soned

Ughhhhh!. Top notes of this one gave me a weird headache, smells like rotten oranges, not good. Thirty minutes later, the scent turns into woody, peppery, vanilla???? that is actually good. Sorry for the lovers, but not worth the price IMO.

angiet
angiet

I think this is a stunning fragrance and i just wish Hermes made a female version of it!

m-hani

توی کاراتون باشه خوبه
با احترام

ANSD
ANSD

I can't stop using Terre d'hermés since it was launched in 2006. It's a strong and special fragrance. Only for strong fragrances lovers!!!

alebanfield
alebanfield

old old spice ..... some1 mentioned that it is a fragance for a millonaire of 60 years and older.....

fpih
fpih

Great, amazing and original fragrance that stands apart from the other fresh, citrus scents found in the men's department. It's definitely unisex in my opinion and perfect for the summer. I really really liked it and would definitely love it on a man.

bartoagung
bartoagung

one word for me : ORGASMIC !!!

johnmmichael
johnmmichael

Just bought it , and love it

thyachan
thyachan

Spicy masculine fragrance.. for me this is the best one.. Smells sexy, confidence, independent, visionary.. i had one about years ago.. but the smell is still in my mind..4 thumbs for TDH

junglefun
junglefun

Great, great, great.....but, it seems that only half of the women that smell it, like it. That brings the points down a lot for me even though I really like it. If only half the chicks like it, then I just don't enjoy wearing it as much, which is important to me.

smerina
smerina

the most passionate scent i have ever smelled. as a woman, i can trace a man wearing terre d'hermes. it's very unique, very special, very magnetic. definately i adore it!

bp
bp

PERFECT

It smells like earth, water, fire, wood and metal...
The five elements...
Jean Claude Ellena is right, this is just pure alchemy...

fngarcez
fngarcez

The masterpiece, The fragrance...almost perfect, Terre is the right name for it.

scattolini
scattolini

If you're looking for an amazing perfume, that might be your scent, MIGHT. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice and pleasant fragrance, but in my opinion should be intended exactly for 60-year-old millionaires...smells like old grandpa....I'm not quite sure.

It's nice, it opens with orange + citrus fruits + floral and what I don't like is veltiver + benzoin combination, in fact I like all other notes.Still, it's woody, not so fresh, too much "frenchy"...I guess.... a hallmark note or special feeling is missing, yet it has a strong and masculine presence.

The perfume lasts long hours, and reinforcements sprays are not necessary during the day...The bottle is fine, and few people may have this scent on their wardrobe.

Final Score: 7,5

marman
marman

One of the best fragrances ever made. Unique and irresistible.
A fresh woody spicy scent. Very erotic, very masculine.
Works well in summer and its long lasting.

jae
jae

I love it... There's something in this that I get in Kelly Caleche. That alone makes this worth the purchase. But it's the development that truly makes this one shine. After hesitating and procrastinating for a few years, I finally decided to let my testosterone take the lead today. Longevity is typical Hermes (forever on my skin) and the sillage is contagious. Women LOVE it with a passion - I found that out just by walking up to the counter with it. :D Hermes manages to make masculinity refined and far from mainstream with this one.

Terre D'Hermes: Another Hermes to enjoy with reckless abandon...

Leon0733
Leon0733

one of the best woody,timeless...

Sweded
Sweded

One of the worst frags I ever smelled.
Mouldy orange peels in an ashtray sums this one up 100%.
One of few perfumes that's truly revolting.

Swimming against the stream!

Great concept, banal / conventional execution. It smells exactly as it's supposed to smell: the mass market version of Bigarade Concentree. A JC Ellena self rip-off!

Vetiver, grapefruit/orange, woody and peppery notes.It honestly smells good, but it's not as groundbreaking as they want us to think.

A crowdpleaser!

Rating: 6.5-7/10

spoombung
spoombung

This is an occasional scent for me: on a good day it smells ravishingly fresh and vibrant. On a bad day there is a strong, sickly quality to it that makes me want to scrub it off.

I would describe this as a 'low-fi citrus' in that it focuses in on the the full-bodied aspect of oranges rather than the very top, sharp, citrus smells which tend to disappear fairly quickly in most perfumes. It's then cleverly bolstered by a tomato stem accord which becomes more evident later on and gives it it's rough-round-the-edges appeal (although not necessarily an 'earthy' note as the name suggests).

It is monstrously powerful, can be smelled a mile away and gets lots of comments. It has a very strong character and although I have mixed impressions of it I wholeheartedly approve.

silentrich
silentrich

Imagine the smell of earthy clay, oranges, and vetiver. Doesn't sound like it'd smell good, but it does. Sillage and longevity are excellent and it's one of the best men's fragrances on the market. Classy, well blended, and a definate buy.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

A classic “masculine” mix of notes - citrus, lavender, green culinary herbs, cedar, and that “bright golden” note produced by a mixture of geranium and patchouli. It struts in all its manly glory for a few hours, rough, tough, woody, aromatic, and green, staying more or less linear all the way through the drydown. After about 4-5 hours it pretty much fades away.

To me, it’s a well-made, fairly conventional fragrance but not something I would want to wear. However, if you like big, sharp, fougere-type fragrances, you’ll probably like Terre d’Hermes.

Moonshield
Moonshield

"smells like wet soil after rain..."
yes, i think this sentence summarizes all about this scent.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A creation of the master Jean Claude Ellena my favorite smells like earthy but in desert because of the fresh vetiver mixed in spice also orange and benzoin the result is unique and elegant.
Masterpiece like everything that Ellena creates. A must have!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Terre bears the classic Hermes signature of clean notes in perfect balance that employ a modern composition. On first impression it's hard to guess that this fragrance is rather unconventional judging by the classic and rather staid bottle.

Fresh, bitter grapefruit is featured on opening that really awakens the senses.

Next, a lot of geranium with nuances of rose and lavender--somewhat herbal and green. Eventually as this dries down, it becomes softer and releases an earthy vegetal accord which for me has a lot of appeal.

Cedar features in the drydown but the hints of rose remain and is complemented by a little vanilla-like benzoin. The culmination is dry and earthy, like sweet dirt infused with grapefruit that has fallen to the ground.

Sharp, modern and fresh with a very clean and natural vibe--aromatic energy encapsulated.

Siv55
Siv55

I tried this in the department store and was non-plussed. It smells like a wood-turning lathe. Metal and sawdust, just nails in a plank. Somebody might have spilt oil on the floor.
I'm guessing it's perfect if you have lost your job as a sheet metal worker or carpenter and want to pretend to your wife you're still in work. Do her a favour and just tell her the truth.

Not a fragrance but interesting and edifying in terms of just what can be done with smells in a lab these days.

skeptic_nose
skeptic_nose

what ? so , this is the most commented perfume on the net ? this is the poetical journey ? the sensory experience ? the complex ? the earth scent , natural efect ? i'm sorry fans , i'm very disappointed . first , because the terrible grapefruit top notes . so nauseous . and, after this explosion , where is the scent ? maybe my nose is not sophisticated and can't understand why this neutral perfume is so famous . too citrus to me . very agressive . and very overrated fragrance . i prefer the delicious declaration than this . much more well blended and comfortable scent .
terre is quite dry , bitter , pungent , citrus and weak .

JackOatmon
JackOatmon

This is the sort of fragrance that is easily understood by its notes. The grapefruit, vetiver, pepper and cedar are very clear and crisp, so you can pick them all out. The clarity adds an elegance to a quite earthy fragrance.

Others here have brought up Lalique's Encre Noire. The comparison springs from the lush combo of vetiver and evergreen (cedar here, cypress in the case of Encre) which makes for a very rich, sharp "pine tree" effect - fresh but with no ozonic or aquatic note in sight.

The difference is that where Encre Noire's vetiver/evergreen accord is grounded in thick, dirty musk, Terre is lofty and airy with citrus.

In my humble opinion, they're both masterpieces.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

My nose is not trained so what follows is my experience with this fragrance. Let me start by saying I don't like it. There is something in this fragrance that rubs me the wrong way. It almost had me a bit nauseated for some reason, every time I smelled my wrist or caught a whiff from my neck the same feeling came over me. So what does it smell like?

Well this smells like orange pickle juice to me. I can see from the note breakdown where the bright orange is coming from but the pickle smell must be a result of the pepper and vetiver mixing with the citrus and patchouli. None the less I may try it again just to ensure I wasn't having a bad day.

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on with an explosion of citrus – particularly orange. I was hesitant to apply too much, thinking that I would smell like an orange grove if I did. It quickly settles on the skin, going through a phase of sweet spiciness that’s a little more arid than usual for that scent (maybe a different spice than usual), to settle on a orangey-leather scent that is somewhat alcoholic. It’s a refreshing, upbeat, kind of masculine smell, but just too citrusy for me.

As it dries down, it becomes slightly more cologne-like, with the alcohol blending with the citrus note, giving a more refined/mature sort of feel to it without being aged. Unfortunately, this phase doesn't last and it goes right over into smelling like orange countertop cleaner. I'm just not into the orange note that dominates this composition. I think it could work for some guys, but this just isn’t me.

It has a decent projection and only tapers off after about 10 hours, so it certainly lasts! However, to drive a point home: hours 2-10 I smelled strongly of something orange, so the scent is certainly not linear.

ismellgood
ismellgood

this is it. my search has ended. nothing beats this. nothing ever will. there are no words in the dictionary to describe this. magnificent. bloody awesome. a must have. put it on and girls will be all over you. it makes u feel like a greek or roman emperor. cheeeeeeeeeers

Starmudra
Starmudra

I was unsure at first and the magic happens when I surrender to my senses. WOW! 10/10 It just lingers on you especially when used sparingly ... 2 sprays is sufficient.It seems to unravel several magic potions that gets to me through time.
Longevity is Strong! I could still smell it faintly on my scarf I wore the night before. One word of caution : ADDICTING!

So masculine
So sophisticated
So deep

Was this the first JC Elena fragrance where landscape was supposedly evoked? I'm not a fan of this notion. Personal fragrances are not like scents you find in nature, which can be rich but lack dynamism and complexity/contrast. TdH is not rich, nor is it dynamic or complex. It doesn't evoke anything for me except perhaps some old fruit thrown in a dumpster in back of a restaurant, but that would be a richer smell. It seems like these kinds of fragrances are meant to make Mr. Elena feel good in some way; the "great artist's masterpiece." But think about it - do you want "Guernica" in your living room (let's assume it's worth $1)? Put TdH in an olfactory museum, if you must, but don't spray it near me.

I found this pyramid for it, which seems more accurate:

Top notes: Grapefruit, Orange, Flint.
Middle note: Pepper, Pink Pepper, Geranium leaves, Patchouli.
Base notes: Cedar, Vetiver, Benzoin.

If you prefer complex "old school" fragrances that are in this general direction (without the bitterness/sourness), I suggest Acteur by Azzaro instead. Both have strong geranium, and Acteur has strong mace instead of pepper. I think many initially think TdH is incredible because compared to what they are used to, it is in fact incredible. However, incredible doesn't always mean "good," or in this case wearable. It seems that some people don't mind the harsh aspects of this one while others wear it for years and never notice it. To me, TdH is not for "cologne guy;" it is for "perfume guy" !

UPDATE: I seem to be sensitive to iso e super, which this fragrance seems to be rich in, so if you also dislike iso e super, you had better sample this one first.

Iulix_73
Iulix_73

A stunning perfume, combining heaven and earth, a true journey through elements such as citrus, musk, patchouli, cedar ... A lighter version of ARAMIS.

Papi
Papi

This cutie, will be soon "Acqua di Gio" or maybe not as this is EDP which most men don't touch... well funs on fragrantica I hope will own at least one bottle ;-)

What can I say? Hermes "owned" that one. Funny, because there are several fragrances that straight away reminds me this one! So stop copping!

mehrdad
mehrdad

The history of an alchemy, a journey through the elements: earth, air and water. A woody, vegetal and mineral eau de toilette.

teteuzinhu
teteuzinhu

woody and spicy. very strong!

KS84
KS84

You want to smell like exquisite wood? Bingo! Masculine, warm and soft, outdoorsy, reminds me of fall.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Typically, woody and spicy scenes are right up my alley, but not Terre D'Hermes.
I feel the opening was ruined with the grapefruit WITH the orange, grapefruit is a pet-hate note for me, as its far too bitterly overwhelming. The orange alone would have worked quite well with the gourgeous spices ad woods on offer.

The grapefruit note is the unfitting, overacted performer spoiling the show. The immediate assault of grapefruit confirmed that I could never own this fragrance. I would maybe wear it if someone else owned it and I borrowed some squirts for a night out, on the condition that the harsh citrus dies off quickly. Sadly not. This note dissapears for a very brief period at the beginning of the drydown, in which the sensual woods make an appearance worthy of stealing the show. What?, that damned grapefruit couldn't have an accident backstage and be replaced by the ever amazing patchouli instead?
Because grapefruits mummy flirts with the director and gets him the lead role he clearly doesn't deserve. The show was obviously so much better off without him >-/
Had the potential to be something I would truly love.
That aside, good fragrance for the office in winter or autumn.

todacool
todacool

I love terre D'hermes...when I first smell I felt it's like old,after one hour hmmm.....suprise It's so natural...I love just like smell the tree, the land anf etc...so calm, so gentle I love it...

Skorpion
Skorpion

Early minutes of the fragrance quite unusual and looks like flint and some think the only problem is its primary smells but some people like the smell of silex would have preferred it (like me!)
I'm between the enthusiasts of this perfume but it should not be too weak to ignore.
I do not like the scent and I would compare which cologne is better than others, but I wonder some comparisons, like Terre compared with Déclaration.
The biggest objection is that the smell does not clear and sow its intensity is low, while this problem does not Déclaration, but Terre d'Hermes more features than Déclaration and has the most fans among the people.
If the initial minutes you can be tolerated with the appeal to become the owner of a cologne smell wonderful and have fun.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top: Vetiver, tobacco, vanilla, sharp like flower. 3 hours.

Middle: Same with the top, but tone down. 3 hours.

Base: Vetiver super duper light. 2 hours.

I enjoy it. It is appealing to me.

But the girls...don't enjoy it XD. Apparently they think it is too 'old' for me.

All day, all season, work, party, this thing is the bomb.

Practically I could see a 30 plus year old OR an elderly men wearing this. This fragrance is kind of heavy to me. The 'harsh' vetiver, combined with the woods and some pinch of tobacco and the light sweetness on it.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on both, but better on the cold.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 4 (well blend).

Sillage: 3 (3 hours of cloud).

Time length: 3 (6-8 hours, quite poor on me).

Occasion: 5 (oh yeah!!).

Overall base on mathematics: 3.75 /5

It is heavy. I like it, but I prefer Sycomore alot more.

konan
konan

love at first sniff

Francop
Francop

Very well achieved masculine creation by Hermes; clean, inspiring, zesty and woody...discreet but very long lasting; in my case best worn in autumn...thumbs up !

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I'm a woman testing out this "masculine" scent and I think it is just brilliant. I am usually wary of citrus ingredients as they can be just chemical lemon and very off-putting, however Terre is pure bitter orange peel. I've had it on for a couple of hours (hooray! it lasts!) and it hasn't gone beyond the orange peel stage. The guy in the sample card is a bit of alright too. Wouldn't mind smelling it on him!!

I'm putting this on the list of perfumes I may be interested in buying sometime if I spot a bargain. Have tried a few Hermes now and they are a top notch, classy mob.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I previously owned this and found it very beautiful. It reminds me of volcanic rock for some reason. I found it a very calming scent that was very easy to wear. The cedar note is a very strong dose of Iso E Super which i love in fragrances, however, i never ever got any compliments whilst wearing this so it slipped further and further down my list until i eventually sold it.

bhougland
bhougland

Background:

Terre D'Hermes is the scent that woke me up from my slumber. I had a lot of cologne in college but stop wearing it day to day. I decided to get a new bottle, so checked the internet for what was good and came across this scent. I went to Saks to do a smell test and the rest is history.

Scent:

This scent opens up with a grapefruit, orange, and pepper blast which I found wonderfully masculine and refreshing at the same time. I immediately reminded me of the transition between summer and fall, when you can still feel hints on summer but the leaves are turning and the air is getting dryer. The dry down still has hints of the grapefruit and pepper but vetiver becomes more prominent. Because of the strong vetiver note this cologne is very aromatic and projection is very good.

Image:

A rugged classiness.

Versatility:

Wonderful. You can tell this is versatile by what season people tend to categorize best use of this frag. I believe this scent is best in the fall until the temp gets below 30. It still works in the winter but i think there are fragrances which work much better. It can also work from winter heading into spring but I think a scent like Encre Noire work better for this time.

Score

9.3/10

I will always have a bottle in my collection

Eleiria
Eleiria

Love at first sniff!

I smelled Terre d'Hérmes first time on a friend who sat in front of me at an exam. I could resist the urge to ask what was it for only 5 minutes :) It was clean, warm yet cool at the same time, a little citrusy -as if like orange chocolates...-, highly rich and luxurious, and it's uniquely distinctive. And for that, I guessed it correctly when I smelled it the second time, on someone else and months after the first time. Very masculine, strong but not nauseating, refreshing and at the same time down to earth... A great fragrance.

I find nothing pleasant about this, but it has plenty of fans. For geranium (which is strong here), I prefer Listen for Men or Acteur. For grapefruit, I prefer Everlast Original 1910. I don't like strong wood notes, so what remains? Luca Turin called it simple (which I agree with), but he enjoys it. I think the reason is that some people want an olfactory jolt, which this certainly provides, whereas others prefer balance and smoothness. If a fragrance is smooth and balanced, along with having some dynamism, I usually like it. This one fails for me on every level, but I think skin chemistry may play a big role. If you have skin chemistry that really eats up the fragrance, this might work very well for you. If you are on the opposite end of the spectrum, like me, this might smell like yesterday's garbage after a day in the hot, summer sun. Sample first, don't buy into the hype.

alaaddin777

terre hermes is not a smell.
this type of perfumes are EFFECT scents.

in this perfumes; scent is 2nd factor.1st is effect.

they have higher perfume tech...

Buzz
Buzz

"Terre is a masterpiece, it smells mostly like wet soil but in refreshing way. I can't more disagree that this fragrance is masculine. BTW why on earth some scents must be masculine or feminine ? I'm a woman and I love to wear this one :P"
I'm with this lady above- I like the unusual and my man and the people at my work love this on me, in spite of it supposedly being masculine.

VirtualT
VirtualT

I didn't like this one. To me this is the classic old man smell, and hey I'm 42. Nice enough smell if it's your cup of tea.

Hermès TERRE D'HERMES is a truly beautiful composition. Maybe my conception of what constitute masculine and feminine fragrances has been irrevocably altered by sniffing so many Bond no 9s that claim to be unisex? All I know is that this a pleasure to wear. I love the earthiness, the woodiness, the fresh smell of a cool morning in the mountains.

I picked up a mini of this on impulse, just out of curiosity, but now I'm going to have acquire a full bottle, because this is just too good to be true! Not flowery. Not sweet. Not cologne-y. Just earthy and gorgeous without acidity, rankness or anything ugly at all. Strangely enough, TERRE D'HERMES smells to me like clean soil--as contradictory as that may seem.

plugbeat
plugbeat

i Love this Fragrance.....very earthy!

CCT
CCT

Excellent creation... All that cedar and pepper empower me with earth's strengh... It is as if I become an ancient Titan every time I use it

harikeshan
harikeshan

Opening smells like some detergent with lots of Citrus in it. Just like a Caterpillar turning into a butterfly, the transformation begins after awhile. Signature scent. Just amazing

Terre d'Hermes is most certainly a very interesting scent with many dimensions. I smell a lot of woods, but also a lot of earthiness.

In the opening, you could well say that the composition is rather harsh and strong. I was hit with a masculine take on sour citrus and pepper.

As it settled, Terre d'Hermes became much more likable. A delicious, spicy earthiness can be found with a somewhat rich cedar accord taking centre stage. The patchouli isn't too strong in this fragrance, as I find it to be only very subtle.

Once I reached the drydown, I became slightly disappointed, because all that had made this fragrance different, had developed into a rather predictable, woodsy base. This fragrance lacked persistence and diversity for me.

Terre d'Hermes is very masculine, however a very daring woman could pull this off also. I read somewhere that someone described this fragrance as being 'outdoorsy', and I'll agree whole-heartedly with this statement. The scent makes me think of the outback, cowboys and dry deserts.

The lasting strength and sillage is very impressive for an EDT, and in some instances, while this fragrance didn't rock my boat, I do believe that most females will adore this fragrance on their man.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I like it much, very woody with a scent of earth. I almost grabbed Burberry London, but when I tried to sniff this, the scent embraced me. So I picked this one!

tonni
tonni

Terre really is terre,because I smell the element of wood and soil,fresh and masculine.

rodolfo
rodolfo

For me, it's not good at all.
It has a strong smell that I find very headache inducing. A very mature fragrance, but in a bad way I think...

thief of hearts

Too mature and peppery for me. Gave it to my father after one wearing.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Hi to all

This is a very huge addition to my collection . truely it is very unique fragrance any mature man should have very masculine lasts all the day.
there is some lovely sandalwood note in it am i right?
i gave it 9/10

tropic
tropic

just simple review:
absolutely perfect fragrance!
every man should have it!
i just can say this is great scent,great sillage, n great longevity
wow,really really masterpiece..

Veedabestchef

I was browsing on the internet and i saw the edp of terre D'hermes.i was shock that they have it..though they dont have alot of edp for men..its very rare to find..but the price is super high for me but i know its smells fatastic..im enjoying the edt type..someday ill get my hands on the edp type but for now...life is good with Terre D'hermes edt style :)

Legionaire
Legionaire

A super hot woman told me "You smell like a Men!"...and I was wearing Terre d'Hermes! This cologne truly smels masculine, nothing sweet and girly in it!

ScottyVizz

Smells SO...good? No, I can't justify Terre D'Hermes by saying it smells good. It smells more like a journey. An epic journey. =)

Veedabestchef

This is fragrance is wonderful.I actually blind buy this because of the good reviews.but its so expensive but its worth it...I smell lil zesty and peppery notes in this..its very earthy and i love the citrus..everytime i smell it it reminds me of squeezing a orange zest..its very refreshing and it keeps me awake and happy everytime i sniff it..the projection is a monster for me...and longevity is amazing..im glad i got it for my collection..one time i spray this on my neck before i go to bed then morning later i feel refresh with a beautiful sun rising into the sky.. very good fragrance..

The cedar note takes the center stage all the way with peppery orange zest by its side. It starts sharp and bright. Then it becomes smooth as it linger on the skin very naturally. It's warm and fresh at the same time. This is one of the masterpieces. With just 1 or 2 spritz, it seems to last forever. Every 21+ guy should try this. It will make a guy smell all grown-up and professional. It smells so good, but i wish it wasn't so expensive.

hay81hay
hay81hay

some fragrance can be left without rate , some without comment , but Terre d'Hermes can't be left without 5 STAR.

what a nice scent , awesome thing , incredible mix.

happy to add it to my collection.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

First came accross this scent in someones cabinet (can't help myself. Love checking out who wears what). Does smell of terre! Not sure this would work well for a women (not for my lady, but you never know) I find this more of a masculine scent. Starts of a bit aggressive and then settles down to with a nice vitiver/ citrus vibe. I really do like it. One for the list. I give it a 8 out of 10 (not a big fan of number ratings but it does helps others in making a choice).

Floritica64
Floritica64

Sometimes the EDT is better than the EDP. JMO, I believe this is the case with Terre D'Hermes. Mother earth has revealed one of her secrets to us. Just buy it already!

umraman
umraman

Is it only me or does anybody else think that its exactly like Open by Roger & Gallet ????????

PLEASE SOMEBODY....

ANYBODY.....

REPLY !!!

costaleo
costaleo

Impressive, to say the least. Very unique and rich. It's the kind of fragrance that can be worn in either hot (not so much, please) or on cool winter days, the effect will be equally delightful. Terre has superb sillage and longevity is above average. On my skin it lasts 12 hours on days I do not sweat much.

The top notes can be a little offputting, but once you get over this phase (which lasts about 10 min on my skin) what you get is an amazing smell of oranges and soil (in a nice way). What is really amazing about Terre is that it is unconventional and yet smells very traditional, but in a cool way. It's for a man, a grown up man, I mean. Not for kids or teens. It gives a statement but leaves a little mystery about the wearer. A compliment getter.

Nicole79
Nicole79

ohhh..this is one of a kind fragrance ! very particular !!! Unique....
I like it...
I agree that it smells like wet soil !!! So true ! very earthy indeed !!!
This is a must try!

behzad1280
behzad1280

FIFI Awards 2007:
FRAGRANCE OF THE YEAR - MEN'S LUXE - A TIE!
Terre d'Hermès - Hermès

Oh Yeah!
Look at all these compliments!
Yes definitely it’s like nothing. It’s unique and special.
Very good sillage and great longevity.
Neither very warm nor cool, it’s wearable in all seasons.

But I think a gentleman could have many better options to choose. Good and remarkable, but not a lovely kind scent.

عطر برگزیده سال 2007
با یک عالمه تعریف و تمجید
واقعاً خاص و منحصربفرده و شبیه هیچ عطری نیست
دوام و پخش بوی خیلی زیادی داره
نه سرده و نه گرم و در همه فصل سال میشه استفاده کرد
با این همه عطری هست که به آدم احساس صمیمیت و گرمی نمیده

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Ok,there really is a strong "dill" facet in this scent, I can't say I find appealing...

(Is everybody sure and sincere around here,that they don't like it that much,just because it is an hermes...?)

But, it is an original.
And has the signature of Hellena all over it.

So,in terms of piece-of-art-evaluation, originality and the identification of the artist's hand,give it a high rating.

jonovon
jonovon

I just bought Terre and it surprised me in many ways. I expected it to be more earthy, and much much less citrusy. I expected it to have a drier smell, much like Givenchy's Gentleman or Aramis. Those come instantly to my mind when it comes to classic, ageless scents, which is what Terre is said to be.

The citrus is so real that I can see my mom peeling her everyday orange or tangerine. And rubbing it straight on my nose. Yep, these intro notes are sharp and loud, and on my skin they also get a bit sour. But after some 20-40 minutes they'll have faded enough to get the woods and sparking minerals noticeable. And that's when this scent really begins, my friend. My personal impression: pencils, granite sand, orange leaves and a generic petal, along with some kind of cool wind.

I have a feeling it'll work wonderfully on a woman's skin and chemistry.

I give it an 8, because of the unbalanced, strong opening blast. When you go past it, it's very close to a 10, keeps getting better and better.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Nice bergamot/woody scent. I tried it on myself and found it reasonable as a feminine, ie; I didn't scrub it after I walked out of the shop and my mum commented on the nice smell. Not a repellant to women then! Still, a bit 'nice' to my taste, I prefer my man a bit spicier. Good for the office or holidays abroad but not for our cold climes - just disappears!

heidii
heidii

Beautiful stuff. I smell citrus mixed with pepper and something earthy (it should be the combo of patchouli and woods). Its simplicity at best, but because its so well-blended and never synthetic it is complex at the same time. It is a soft, natural & for me an unisex scent. I would wear it and I think this is going to be my next purchase.

I smelled the EDP too, that one is definitely less citrus and more woody. Compared to the EDT there is for me something missing in the composition of the EDP. But thats because i loved the citrussy pepper combo so much & maybe thats just my skin chemistry

Kin
Kin

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

I'm afraid I have to pass on this one. I feel it's too old for me and the scent itself reminds me of rotten oranges and soil. I have to admit though this minimalistic concept is original. My favourite Hermès creation still remains Eau d'Orange Verte, with it's lovely sweet orange smell.
I wore Terre D'Hermès twice and only got negative comments.

5,5/10

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Truly an amazing fragrance that evolves and evolves. It satarts with the woody/citrus notes then evolves into bitter orange fragrances later it changes into dark spicy fragrance that lasts quite a while then finally it dries down into light/citrus/spicy fragrance, though i didn't like the dry down it is not well composed and doesn't with the top and heart notes it's a drawback of this highly renowned perfume. A great play of different notes in the fragrance. Sillage and longevity is moderate. highly recommended for real gentlemen. Great bottle too!!!
I give it 9 out of 10. SUPERB

hathor
hathor

Today i had a (male) patient who came for x-rays in his hospital bed smelling absolutely delightful, so i asked him what he was wearing and it was Terre de Hermes. many mens smells i find overpowering especially when they've just been sprayed on, but this was delicious. warm, spicy, earthy and still something green and fresh about it. i think it would suit my boyfriend as he likes classic smells, i know it's not been around that long, but i reckon it has the makings of a classic. this one gets the thumbs up from me. i expect it was extra good to smell it because you don't really expect people in hospital beds to smell fantastic, so it took me by surprise.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Great scent. Very earthy and dry. It a 2 to 3 spray scent with good sillage. I get 10+ hours on my skin. This fragrance will grow on you. 10/10

Tuvok
Tuvok

Terre means earth and I have to agree with the creator that it smells like soil, but soil from Greece on which mythical heroes and gods stood with their feet. After i sprayed it i felt a combination of earth and orange. Simply great original scent. Rather for mature man. Definatelly for evening and cold weather. Be carefull with application. 2 sprays and no more.

goldeneye
goldeneye

Estoy de acuerdo con Bumen,Terre es una version de Un Jardin sour le Nil.Eso no significa que sea mala,ni mucho menos,se trata mas bien de una estrategia de venta.Mientras ...le Nil esta dirigida a mujeres,Terre se dirige al publico masculino.La cuestion es vender...Y digo yo si el perfume tiene sexo...o por que yo ,siendo un chico, no puedo oler a rosas cuando me apetezca.

lulllull
lulllull

Both me and my dad wear this. On him it's more terre and on me it's more bois. He gets lots of rocks and pepper, I get the orange note clearly and a beautiful cedary drydown. A stylish, classy and intelligent creation. Beautiful. I couldnt stand being without this in my collection.

peyman007
peyman007

It can stop everyone around me to asking what's this/how much? where you get...
so it's a good way fore connecting strangers!!

gyrro
gyrro

great, very clean composition from top to bottom, almost abstract ... good longevity and adequate sillage ..

edit > i would say that this is one very modern scent, i love it even more after some time passed, i`m music producer and i smell it as as an beautiful minor chord, maybe 7th, that stays very clean and intact for a very long time .. i`ll give it 5/5, it sharpes my senses and i`m getting a lot of compliments for wearing it ... modern, semiminimal ...

i love it

ChopinConcerto2
ChopinConcerto2

Oh gosh!! My boyfriend was wearing this the other day and it smelt SO SEXY! Calm, gentle, warm.... As long as one doesn't use too much of this...because it gets overpowering. Quite refreshing.

Charlus
Charlus

A masterpiece! Fantastic scent. My new fragance in my top 5. Good longevity and very natural frag. Citrus, earth, wood and finished with sweet benzoin. Fine. 9.5/10

alabama
alabama

This is beautiful, simply beautiful. My friend wears it and whenever he does I catch myself following him around! Orangey and deep, it has a strange capacity for warmth despite being a rather fresh citrusy scent. I love it.

dm8m
dm8m

my take on terre d' hermes is that it's a good & sophisticated scent for middle aged & elderly men.

i'm at my late 20's, it appeals to me since it's a fresh citrusy-spicy night scent that really lasts (i had it sprayed on a paper slide, after 3 days the scent is still there).

i was supposed to get it that time but my girlfriend, after sniff, discouraged me from getting it (my girlfriend is younger than i am).

On the other hand, i'm sure my mom would love it on my dad IMO.

yume_asaki
yume_asaki

I bought this one on a whim, and then wore it on a date with my love. That night she asked me never to wear any other perfume when being with her. And I took it the other way: I never wear it when I am NOT with her. So just looking at this bottle makes me anticipate long and illicit evenings with French food and red wine and kissing under the stars.

Kissing a beautiful girl is what this scent is all about.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

It's a rich, woody peppery scent.
I like the pepper note!

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

First I am impress by the brand coz it's hermes and the bottle looks nice and I am so impress with so many positive reviews for this fragrance. OK... maybe I am gonna give it try, then I went to fragance store just to test it, coz I'll definetely buy the Issey as always. Then the Shopgirl test it on a paper tester, First the terre ... Eeew I hate it, the citrus is so strong and a little bit awkward on my nose, then I try CH, Aramis, Boss, etc which is I love it. Then I smelled it one by one and my nose stop in one paper and it's really got my attention and I ask the shopgirl coz I am forget what was it, and she said "That's Hermes", my comment was after the Eeew turn into WOW ... somehow the perfume remind me, I don't know my childhood, the forrest I had visited a longtime ago, because now I live in the city and I forget how wonderful life I've been before. Without any thought I just bought it, and went home get a shower, then I spray some in my chest, wrist, and neck, and I put some music Canon in D the flute version, and just lay down in my bed, remembering all my beautiful childhood, when me and my friends had a little adventure in the forrest try to catch bugs ... lol. Oh God what a joy ... Indeed this fragarance is about heaven and earth, heaven coz I remembering all the people I love, like the top notes which is I like it now, before I never wore a perfume with so strong citrussy smell, The top notes remind me when my mom said, "drink those juice, eat that veggie" ha..ha.. mom... and Earth which is made me missing the nature, the forest, the yard, a country. Thanks to terre for bring back those memories. You never know, even single drop of this liquid can raise you up and made you strong. For those who is still looking for the best fit perfume, try it.

overall

kellybanana
kellybanana

sorry guys but i like the chemistry between this pure parfum and my body. love the character it leaves on my skin.

Toni Lop

Terre d'Hermes is one of the rare and wonderful perfumes and gather all modern .

Brumen

I've tried the EdP version in parfumery today, but i've not bought it because i've found it very similar to "un jardin sur le nil" by hermes in the first moment...maybe i wrong but testing it i've found tomato leaf, mango? I would have expected a more full-bodied aroma, but still embroidered on the main theme of the earth. Anyway I took a sample, analyze it better in the coming days.

ps: it's a good scent like JsNil, but I do not accept the idea that it is a copy of another collection, even if coming from the same nose.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

It takes a creative mind to produce a fragrance that is at once evocative, seductive and simple, but not in the pejorative sense. Terre's beauty comes from the harmony of its notes, and how they summon an image of the bucolic or nature, a winsome deja vu. I smell soft musks with muted fruit and spice, suggesting, but not asserting their presence.

wallflower
wallflower

OH GAUSH! its such a nice perfume! actually i consider this my favourite fragrance for men! its very masculin but not in a trying-too-hard way.
unfortunately i dont really smell the different notes but the effect this perfume has on me is incredible! when i was working in a hotel one day as i entered to a room i immediately smelled something absolutely heavenly. it was not so perfumey but it brought to me the image of a very elegant, well groomed and handsome man who has just taken a shower. it was so irresistible that i just had to run to the bathroom to see if there was a perfume on a shelf from which the smell came. and i found this bottle.
a bit later a collegue of mine smelled soo good that i had to ask him what perfume he used..and guess what he answered: Terre d'Hermes :) btw he also said that i was approximately the 3. person that complimented on the perfume only that day! so gentlemen, i advise you to run buy this if you want to seduce the ladies with your smell!!

astropati
astropati

I always prefer men's perfumes, but I made the decision to be a lady, quite feminine, and stick to feminine fragrances only. Sweet illusion! My student (a girl) was wearing this perfume yesterday and the whole class stopped to ask its name. There it was: a masculine fragrance caught my nose again. I tried it today. Half an hour after I sprayed some of it on my wrist the main fragrance was lemon - which had nothing to do with the top notes I felt. Now I feel the "wet earth" scent. It doesn't feel "masculine" anymore - it got a little, just a little, sweet. I'm amazed how different it feels from when I felt it in my student, though.

da_markos

about pure perfume vesion of Terre d'Hermes:

it is very simmilar to edt version.
top notes stay longer. if someone likes this heavy ferment orange in opening - get it. if you prefere middle and base notes (those dry, earthy smell)- get the edt version.
if you like this scent from top to base notes - do as you wish...

i've got this one 'coz i really like edt versin. it's my No 1 fragrance so far. i also want to have men's scent in perfume version - not only in edt (sometimes edp) like most men's fragrance are. it's some kind of vanity ;)

during winter and fall i'll be using pure perfume - this heavy ferment orange/grapefruit stay long.
during hot days it's pleasure to feel those dry, bruned by sun soil - so edt version is eminently suitable for this weather.

flamenco
flamenco

My perfume friends disagree on this. It does make a strong statement. I love it, and it loves me, the best compliment getter in my collection, and from both sexes.

Its earthy orangeness is so, so nice. So many fragrances with citrus notes are fleeting, but this one manages to give it a gorgeous solidity that lasts long. To me it's sexy and sophisticated, yet just a little wanton and dirty.

Brumen

I like Terre so much in his edt version, but I'm looking for Purfum version... has someone just tested it?

vdxl
vdxl

Unusual, earthy, fresher though than M7 by YSL, but still I find a relation between the two, due to the strong vetyver note. I don't find any mineral accord, it is very lively, probably not very sensual, but good for relaxing moments, for occasions when hanging out on nature, in the park. It is very reminiscent of spring and summer to me. A thumbs up for originality.

svillatoro
svillatoro

Great fragrance, woody, earthy, unique, elegant and sophisticated. One of the best I would say.

Just wonderful.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this one has alot of hype behind it. So much that i purchased the 6.7oz. before i ever really smelled it. Its ok,but not a headbusta.LOL

wongbulu
wongbulu

Aku penasaran sekali dengan review disini, langsung saja aku pergi ke toko parfum untuk mencoba dan...aku benar-benar jatuh cinta dengan Terre.

ArtELLE
ArtELLE

I'm a woman. I know what to love in a man. I look for power, strengh, style. But most of all, I like to feel that the man I love is a creation that has life and nature in him. A natural man, in the meaning that I feel in him all the force of nature. This is the man that uses Terre d'Hermes. He knows how to use the fresness of the air, coolness of water and heat of the fire. And most of all, he knows that the earth brings stability and balance. I find the video add of this perfume just perfect to express the Hermes man. That hard to get and understand man. The Hermes fragrances are not for everyone. Because they are the essence of everything. A deep spicy woody fragrance. Like tabbacco, pepper and essence of wood. So it's like going to unknown...not many dare to do that. For me, this is the fragrance of my soulmate. I'm a Kelly Caleche woman. He is a Terre d'Hermes man.

xpoetz
xpoetz

It was my best fragrance righ now....
You still can smell it's aroma even you're smooking....!!
Very amazing & long lasting fragrance....

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

What are the chances that when you first buy a perfume for your lover to get him a new masterpiece and a scent that suits him and his sensuality so well than you start to associate his intimacy with that perfume? They are very big when you happen to be there and have the intention to make the gift when Terre d'Hermes is launched. From then on I love to smell my lover's black curls and his dark skin perfumed with Terre d'Hermes. I feel like this perfume was created for him. But I am sure that it has cameleonic power and that it would go as well for any man, making him the sexiest.

VanAllan
VanAllan

This is such a wonderful fragrance for a man who respect himself. First time I sniff "Terre d'Hermes" was on a good & old friend of mine when he returned from a 2 weeks cruisetrip on Mediteranean Sea. I was a bit envy on him because he looked tan and smelled damn good.
I asked him to let me try his fragrance and what a surprise: the bitter-sweat fruity notes from the beginning were a little harsh but quickly mellowing with the flowery/spicy notes (geranium & a lot of pepper,for sure) gave it a very clearly idea of what a woody spicy fragrance for real men should be in first place.
I let it working on my wrists and hours later it showed its best effect: a strong and pleasant woody and manly aroma, that lingers gently on your skin, still a bit spicy but nice balanced with some sweet hints (patchouli, amber), that somehow asks you to keep on sniffing all day.
More than a pleasant surprise for me, very good sillage and longevity, suitable for any wheater and for sure this will be my next purchase, when I want to smell good and look confident in special occasions. What can you ask more from a scent? My humble rank 9/10. ☣☣☣☣

cbstarker
cbstarker

Terre d'Hermès is one of those rare fragrances that take me on a journey through ancestral territories of earlier days, creating an olfactory tour of history and tradition. I almost get the impression that Jean Claude Ellena has pulled the ingredients from the repertoire of Hermès masterpieces, the result of which is a collective edition of all pre-existing Hermès scents. Although a new and modern scent, it is also familiar and comfortable like good family and friends.

On first application, the citrus opening of orange and grapefruit is awakening and, well, thirst-quenching. But this is only the beginning, of course, for the tope notes patiently give way to a spicy floral heart of peppery rose with a slightly fruity edge, perhaps the lingering citrus zest of the opening notes. Finally, the fragrance slips into a familiar and comfortable earthy and woody drydown of vetiver, cedar, and subtle hints of patchouli and charcoal (not in any way a smoky note but rather a suggestion of old earth). Best of all, the use of natural ingredients allows the notes to transition effortlessly and seamlessly, the way time keeps its own pace.

In summary, Terre d'Hermès is a visit to the “World of Hermès,” an olfactory excursion to one of the oldest fragrance houses in France. The citrus, floral, woody and earthy combination shows me the extent of this design house’s capabilities – like the four corners of the earth and the four cardinal directions. Its casual elegance allows me to wear it comfortably in any occasion, any time of day and anytime of year. In fact, I think it smells fantastic on men and women alike – a true sign of a great scent. It may or may not be everyone else’s favorite, but it belongs in everyone’s collection and will always be a standard of quality in mine. I would that every day could be a discovery like this.

lovereds
lovereds

i got TdH tester in maret 2009 and i used it 1st time at my friend marriage party.

hmm..very2 warming, deepest dan interisting. until 4 days, the wrist still good smell..!

next, i used it in the morning before take my trip with airplane. in all those day, TdH made my activity full of good smell, calm and confidence.

and now a day, in my office i used TdH. so deep, warm, and relaxing.

i never doubt to put Terre D'Hermes the best perfume everytime..

Thank u very much Ellena, i love Terre D'Hermes..!

juanmateo
juanmateo

Intimate and masculine... makes me think on a trip deep into the skin: so warm and sensual that leaves me wanting to become a mushroom.
Puting it in another way: Earth covered by fog on a dry afternoon, sun brushing away the last colours of the sky, and wind carrying the sand of a lonely and faraway desert. How could i express such an aroma in another way? absolutely surreal and powerfully subtle.

da_markos

after 0,5 year of wearing this scent i may write honest review.
wow - this scent it's really great - specialy middlle and base notes.
in tope notes we have red orange. sometimes opening is even sweet for me. but after about hour we have this marvelous terre (earth, soil) notes!! it's calm and strong simultaneously. it's also very masculin all the time.

posters and video very well describe this perfume. we have red orange in top notes ( orange cloud). in middle and base notes we have those "earthy" smells. it smells like desert burn by sun ( in a good way).
really masterpiece!

urobian
urobian

i agree. this is simply wonderful, very organic-natural fruity aroma mixed with a soft spicy base and some floral touch, comfortable, soft, manly, balanced and unique..

ZeeK
ZeeK

The fragrance offer true perfumery splendor of mastery skills and is a real classy composition with modern appeal. TDH does have a sparkling nature that extremely scintillates.

There is wood & musk but what dominate is pepper (pink & black) with orange “citrus” and a clear hint of flint. I am impressed as what I thought prior to try is … “Black and Pink peppers with flint and benzoin notes may even crash a sensitive nose & senses”… but I was totally wrong. TDH is a composition that really makes you dwell in a deep refreshing aroma of Terre (earth).

Merely a formal wear for day time in summer specially.

solocha
solocha

Despite not being allowed a short comment - for me the experience of breathing this in was as if the scent was scintillating.

Giorgio
Giorgio

A unique and dry fragance, very original. Hermés perfumer Jean Claude Ellena, give us this earthy cologne, a truly masterpiece. Terre d´Hermes seems to be a linear fragance: bitter orange, vetiver, cedar, pepper with a mineral distinctive note, creates an elegant "ambiance" plenty of class. Long lasting and good sillage.
Try before buy, but this revolutionary creation seems to be a new classic

Jasper
Jasper

I don't know if this word suit describing a men cologne, "Beautiful" !
But that's the word that came to my mind 5 mins after spitz it on my wrist.
The top notes is ok, decent but not significant but the rest of it...wow!
This scent is so beautiful I want to drop everything I'm doing and close my eyes to absorb the good memories that this scent brings. I will wear it again tomorrow.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

IT's a very subtle fragrance, and I really like the scent as well as the bottle...

One interesting comment, I've heard some say it is the smell of victory.

christian
christian

Very citrusy and refreshing. My current scent of choice.

afraafra
afraafra

In the description I am sure it should read It EXCLUDES the classic masculine trio: citrus, woods and musk..this is famous for NOT having musk and amber and woods..pls check

totoromei
totoromei

The first time i smelt it, I was shocked, and I close my eyes, I saw the sunshine through the forest, i felt the breeze on my face, I taste the rain in my mouth, and i smelt the earth...It is amazing.

acc
acc

Very natural, very high quality. Bitter notes initially. Then evolves to a sweet and stony smell. Not masculine at all. I know a lot of women who wear this.

Oyama
Oyama

I´m about to buy this perfume, but I have already heard that it smells like gunpowder. Is it true ?

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

A creation encapsulating all the earth's elements, like wood, flowers, and stone. Key ingredients of grapefruit and peppers give the fragrance vigour, whilst the earthy aromas of vetiver and cedarwood add richness and aroma. I absolutely love wearing this fragrance, it is rich, and lasts all day on me. Very masculine and i always get asked what this fragrance is. I always feel great when i wear this.

matteomac
matteomac

Great fragrance for a man. It's soft, calm, gentle, relaxing: it truly smells of nature, of Terre!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

The reason I purchased this fragrance was (1) it was from Hermes and (2) the limited edition bottle.

It captures the name perfectly "Terre", it does have a very earthy smell. It is a perfect blend of the woods and musk notes. I do wish the top citrus notes lasted a little longer. But that is why I wear Eau D`Orange Verte by Hermes.

I have come to love how long wearing this fragrance with out being overpowering. This is one of my fragrance I get the most compliments on.

slipcat
slipcat

I tested this one and got mixed reviews. I had a few people say "something smells good." But, then there were a few others that said "pee-yew.." I decided not to buy it. Just like chocolateguy said, it seems to be a tad too strong for a lot of women. Maybe if you sprayed it on VERY SPARINGLY??

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I'm afraid that this one seems too strong for women. I love Hermes. I really love Terre. It's so natural, so calm, so gentle, soft, piece. A wonderful scent!

Terre d'Hermes by Hermes 4.27 out of 5 based on 3587 ratings and 583 user reviews

EDT Mini 0.17oz
TERRE D'HERMES for MEN by Hermes SET-EDT MINI .17 OZ ALL OVER SHOWER GEL 1.35 OZ
Parfum 0.41oz
TERRE D'HERMES for MEN by Hermes EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Terre D'hermes Gift Set by Hermes Gift Set for Men Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray .42 oz Mini EDT Spray 1.35 oz After Shave Balm
Hermes Terre d'Hermes - Eau de toilette natural spray set
Parfum 2.5oz
TERRE D'HERMES for MEN by Hermes PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
TERRE D'HERMES for MEN by Hermes PARFUM SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Gift Set 3.3oz
Terre D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - -- Gift Set - 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray .42 oz Mini EDT Spray 1.35 oz After Shave Balm
Cologne 2.5oz
Terre D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - 2.5 oz Pure Pefume Spray
Terre D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - 2.5 oz Pure Pefume Spray
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray 30ml 1oz Refill 125ml 4.2oz 2pcs
Parfum 4.2oz
Parfum 2.5oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Pure Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Pure Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Parfum 1oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Pure Parfum Refillable Spray 30ml 1oz Refill 125ml 4.2oz 2pcs
TERRE D'HERMES for MEN by Hermes EDT SPRAY 6.7 OZ
Terre D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.5oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.5oz
NORDSTROM.com
Hermes Terre d Hermes - Eau de toilette natural spray 6.7 oz.
Hermes Terre d Hermes - Eau de toilette natural spray 6.7 oz.
Eau De Toilette
Terre D'hermes Cologne by Hermes, 6.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Parfum 6.7oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Pure Parfum Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Hermes Terre D'Hermes Pure Parfum Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Terre d'Hermes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Terre d'Hermes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terre d'Hermes by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terre d'Hermes by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.