Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 699 I had it: 228 I want it: 532 My signature: 10

herbal
Un Jardin Apres la Mousson Hermes for women and men Pictures

Un Jardin après la Mousson: created in 2008, it explores the facets of an unexpected India, when the monsoon restores to the earth what the sun has taken, chasing away the burning breath of drought. Ginger, cardamom, coriander, pepper and vetiver speak of the rebirth of nature captured in Kerala, a universe engorged with water. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena.

Coriander Ginger Pepper Ginger flower Cardamom

Un Jardin Apres la Mousson Fragrance Reviews

birdy

it's like cristalle de chanel stronger, greener, younger, fresher.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

It opens strong and peppery, some reviewers mention melon - I tend to agree, there's something fruity to it, especially in the opening. The scent is bright, refreshing, androgynous... I like it. Unfortunately, it only lasts ~4 hours on me.

hod
hod

It has a fruity vibe - probably because of the cardamom - ginger combo. longevity is solid - 8 hours and projection is fine. I tried it few times and i love its smell - it's quite unique - though it is similar to CK euphoria for men (the original)
they share some notes. check it out!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This is such a great, atmospheric perfume.
It opens up with a spicy, peppery, green wetness (fresh ginger maybe?). It's not a sharp green, but a tropical green. Heavy, rich and deep. Then the melony notes arrive and the fragrance becomes sweeter, but never too sweet. It retains an almost translucent character. Ginger, pepper and cardamom manage to cut through the ripe aquatic sweetness and provide balance.
I should not like this fragrance. I don't like aquatic scents and I really don't like melon notes in a scent. But here, the melon is beautifully abstract and the aquatic notes are so masterfully blended. There really is a sense of relieve after a heavy tropical downpour.
Maybe that's the secret of this deceptively simple scent: the aquatic wet feel here is not cooling or refreshing, it is hot and humid.
It's like mini journey in a bottle.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

I jumped on Un Jardin Apres La Mousson , with great enthusiasm , how could I forget Un Jardin Sur Le Nil first whiff experience !
My first whiff of Un Jardin Apres La Mousson , will be also memorable! Super galore sweet ripe weird cantaloupe melon, cloying would have been an understatement , that melon followed me all day long as a sticky / creepiest starker. Never went near this fragrance again ! This said, I love to eat " melons salads" in summer !

Maeva
Maeva

Is it really a melon accord, or just a calone overkill? I don’t particularly notice melon in this fragrance, but I do get some fresh, juicy ripeness, maybe reminiscent of fruit trees after many hours of rain, or rather a moist green garden, as the name implies. In fact on first impression UJALM struck me as a “mellow green” fragrance, being green and ripe at the same time. But this mellow greenness, or acidulated crispness, is definitely mixed with a very powerful ozonic accord.

UJALM is quite spicy and soapy too, and a marine scent but also a floral one, redolent of dewy kahili ginger blossoms from India. I like many of Ellena’s creations because they serve as local guides to the scents of (for me, a humble European who didn’t travel much) unknown far-off countries, especially those that form what we call “the Orient”. This is noticeable in his choice of notes in some masterpieces like Déclaration, Voyage, Poivre Samarkande, Osmanthe Yunnan, etc., compositions that remind you that the world of perfume doesn’t necessarily have to be as Paris-centric as it used to be some decades ago. I love his frequent use of cardamom, coriander, vetiver, tea, etc., and also his occasional use of rare exotic ingredients, like for example the massoia tree in Hermessence Santal Massoia, the bulrush in Un Jardin sur le Nil, and the kahili ginger in UJALM.

This perfume is perfect for the holidays, not only because it belongs to the summery fresh/uplifting category, but especially if you are going on trips to Eastern countries (I hope I’m not overusing stereotypes here). That said, I also find it a perfect holiday frag because it’s soothing, ideal to purify our souls after our winter struggles, our own particular “moussons”. It makes you travel to Asia, to a lush garden still dewy after the monsoon, though finally subdued, sun-warmed and fragrant with the spicy, intoxicating scent of kahili flowers. It’s like an Indian Eden in a way. If paradise was in India, couldn’t this be how it would smell like?

birdy

thank you Alexandar.drag. i don't know what is exactly cardamone!!!!!! yes. yet,i'm in morocco and we use lot of spices for cooking!!!

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

@birdy, cardamom usually gives that sweet vibe :)

birdy

like freshly cut grass with a hint of sweet, don't know what is sweet in it?

leschoux
leschoux

Like its cousins, Un Jardin Après la Mousson is eclectic and intriguing. All perfumes in the Un Jardin series are excellent, but Sur Le Nil and Sur Le Toit are so similar they could be twins, and Un Jardin en Méditerranée is a very strong personality that must be handled with care. This one, however, is the mellower cousin of Méditerranée.

Its opening is like a loud but harmonious orchestra: bright, though not too bold, and exquisitely balanced. It's like love at first sight. Après la Mousson dries down into something dry, though, and quickly loses its sillage. I can definitely smell ginger all the way, and the spices are more pronounced as it dries--the sweeter notes fading away as quickly as a short summer rain.

Overall, I adore this and I wish I had bought this instead of Méditerranée. Un Jardin en Méditerranée is too much personality for me, whilst this one is more agreeable and delicate. If you love spices, you'll love this. I always associate spicy scents with fall or winter because the ones I like tend to smell heavy and rich (think Opium/Mitsouko), so finding one that works in spring/summer is like excavating a rare gem.

Rating: 8.5/10

Molko
Molko

I like Hermes scents except Apres la Mousson. On my skin I feel melon and melon and melon:( After 1 hour more green and grassy, but not too pleasant. Too light and weak, lasts 2-3 hours, skin scent, quotes the springtime, it's not bad but nothing great

Lana148
Lana148

Light, sweet, spicy, green, aquatic. Spicy cucumber? Yes, sweet cucumber mixed with a pinch of ginger, cardamom, coriander, pepper. The smell is different. I recommend trying it before buying.

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

I just recently acquired samples of the Jardin line, and I have to say, I am very impressed. These four fragrances really show me the mastery of Ellena's creations. This fragrance is extremely well blended, so well blended that I am having difficulty picking out even a single note. To me, this smells beautifully of ripe cantaloupe, someting my family and I always enjoy in the summer months. I WILL be purchasing a full bottle of this, and I can really see this being worn throughout the year. Thanks for reading!

lilred
lilred

Spicy, but a very fresh smell. I would best describe it as cold spices. Apres la mousson is a very accurate description and recognizable to travellers like me :) I love the top note of cardamon that gives way to a warmer tone after 20min. Not for everyone so do try it first and see how your skin reacts!

appleberry37
appleberry37

I own sur le nil. Last week or so I visited hermes and smelled this. Smelled so strong and so yucky and gross!!!! I couldn't believe hermes has this scent. Oh well, I dislike all hermes perfumes except Un Jardin seriess so far. I love sur le nil.

Interestingly I stumbled upon an hermes boutique today and gave this another shot. Voila~ this smelled so fresh and marine! Had some woodiness and spiciness(are those even words? sorry English is not my first language) I disliked un jardin mediterrenee initially but these two fragrances somehow smelled great today. Received the paper wrapped in plastic bag so I could smell middle and base note.

Top note of fresh water fades away quite soon, leaving spicy and woodiness, but still somewhat fresh. I may buy this

fragaholic79

The first thing that comes to mind at the mention of Kerala India, is coconuts. When I read that Mousson was inspired by Kerala, I was definitely anticipating a coconut scent. But I'm glad Ellena thought otherwise and concentrated on the second most thing Kerala is famous for i.e. spices.
Apres ala mousson is inspired by the scent of rich vegetation and aromatic soil, wet and fragrant after the heavy monsoon rains.
It's a very unconventional scent. Spicy, woody yet watery and fresh. The cardamom note blooms the strongest on my skin in the opening. It then mellows down to a translucent spicy, citrusy, woody fresh scent which is a signature of all the fragrances in the Jardin series.  The fresh ginger is zesty and very refreshing and stops the fragrance from being too rich and spicy. The image that comes to mind is of sitting in a verandah in the middle of a lush spice plantation in Kerala, enjoying the heavy monsoon. The rain is heavy, yet still, without the distraction of thunder.
Amidst the spices mentioned in the notes, Ellena’s minimalistic style makes it delicate, refreshing and a pleasure to wear on a hot humid summers day. An odd yet intriguing fragrance.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It was the last fragrance released for the Un Jardin line, which was established to represent a kind of travel journal of the trips to the most amazing and bucolic gardens according to Jean-Claude Ellena’s point of view, who is a renowned perfumer of the House.

Launched in 2008, "A Garden After the Monsoon" is a trip through Kerala, which is one of the States of India, bathed by the Arabian Sea and which stands out for having the highest rate of economic development across the country. The place lives with 120 to 140 rainy days per year, due to the heavy rains of the summer monsoon.

Monsoon is the term given to the seasonal winds that are associated to the alternation between periods of drought and rain, very common in this part of the coast of India. After the monsoon, is when it occurs in many places, the renewal period, when animals return hunting, plants will bear fruit, flowers blossom, lakes and rivers are full, etc.

For those who think of the famous smell of wet earth after the rain, the disappointment is huge. Here, the attempt was to capture the scents of ponds, wet plants, flowering and rebirth. It contains notes of cardamom, ginger, coriander, ginger flower, pepper and vetiver accord. But some people claim that there are notes of melon or watermelon. And it has a rationale.
Once applied, the output is floral and fruity, with something that really brings the nuances of melon. It’s slightly sweetened, too. Then, the fragrance stays moist-looking, as if it were a field of bamboo drying in the sun, with a soft and spicy pepper. The fruity aspect begins to be more restrained, but there is a floral nuance, thanks to ginger flower, said to be quite fragrant, similar to Jasmim in a few moments. After a long time, at the end of the evolution, I can feel the cardamom, drier.

As well as in other fragrances of the line, the projection is not strong, but the durability. It is, without doubt, one of the best of the line, along with Un Jardin En Méditerranée.

From now on, watching those documentaries about the Asian tigers in their natural and wild habitat, is replaced by a new scent in my mind.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

Me encantó el review de Edox! Hace tiempo que los jardines de Hermes me enamoraron. Cualquiera de ellos son frescos alegres super naturales. Una vez le recomende Este a una amiga que no para de agradecerme. dice que es mágico.
Loved Edox review. I'm in love with Jardins collection, any of them. They are fresh happy super natural. I recommended this one to a friend, she is always acknowledging for it. She says it s a magic scent.

Edox
Edox

Un perfume singular donde los haya. Más que perfume es una atmósfera.Es profundo y misterioso pues traduce verdaderamente la humedad de la jungla después de la lluvia, cuando ya comienza a verse el sol. Tiene notas verdes: melón de agua y raíz de plantas tropicales, así como especias en una conjunción elegante, misteriosa y paradójicamente alegre al mismo tiempo. Quizás su singularidad hace que más de uno lo rechace al principio, pero poco a poco...desvela su magia
Tiene un buen sillage y dura mucho, claro está según pieles. A mi llega a olerme dos días.
Un extraordinario perfume que cautiva de más en más.

This perfume is green and close to nature, like other perfumes in that line.
I can smell herbs, pepper and ginger in it. The spiciness is a bit sharp in it, so I must say that this one I like, but other perfumes from that line I adore.
Nice scent for spring or summer.

Scentmad
Scentmad

When I first sprayed this I thought "nope, nope, NO!" far too salty and far too aqua for my taste - I particularly detest aqueous notes in perfume. However 30 minutes later and I get a smoky rubber bitterness - which, I grant you, is not exactly what a woman wants on her - having said that, I kind of like it. It's rather nice and I know it must have something compelling in it as I keep sniffing my wrist. I would say it has a celery salt note too and something that indicates hawthorn. A very chilly perfume indeed. The notes are a little contradictory and I think it’s something I would have to wear a few times to really get to know it a little better. I am pleased with my purchase though and it’s nothing like I expected. I still prefer sur le nil by some margin, but I think that’s more to do with my skin than the actual perfumes judging by the reviews. Worth a try, would recommend a decant before buying a full (100ml) bottle.

Teresa1019

my mom said I smell like soap.. i feel clean after spraying it!

Teresa1019

i love it ! the non alcohol version is like body milk!
it smells like a trip all condensed in a bottle..
this could bring wonderful memory !

Hellita
Hellita

This fragrance hit me like heavenly rain. To me this is an aquatic scent which makes it very easy for me to love it. It's sooo fresh, pure, clean - I think of fresh water with flowers floating in it, and a bit of spices (but the spices are so well blended in that they are only lingering in the background). I was surprised to see ginger-root in here as well as the other spices, as I could not tell from smelling the fragrance alone. Very well done in my opinion. This has to be mine before Summer. Love at first sniff.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Kind of a dusty, spice cabinet sort of smell. It strikes me as very masculine. It would be much more unisex if there were some kind of greenery or floral involved, but all I get is pepper and coriander, really. A bit too much; this aggravated my asthma which doesn't happen often with fragrance. It's very earthy/woody. I can see the appeal for someone who hates sweets/florals, but it just isn't for me.

happyscent

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit – the sweetest of the bunch; initial sprays smells like over-ripe apples, lychee/longan to my nose mix with green scents; I don’t know but victoria secret also has this scent

happyscent

Un Jardin Après La Mousson – I like this the best; it is rather unique with an aquatic feel (not the cool water type), it has a melon smell hinted by spices; I can't explain it its a delicate scent but really every note is suspended on top of each other this is something I would recommend from the jardin series

minus365
minus365

I am a man and need to say, this fragrance is very unique. It doesn't suit everyone on the first try. I smelled it in the shop and thought it is awful. Didn't like it at all. Then I somehow gave it second and third try and start loving it.

It has pretty poor longevity and moderate sillage, but it's all about moment of now and wildness and mystery that is in it. I can't remind any other fragrance that would come close to this.

It's pepper, water melon/citrus with touch of exotic spice. not too agressive or warm, actually it's pretty cold, clean and fresh, very much like a clean air after the monsun rain somewhere deep in the jungle. The name speaks for itself.

I think it's more for man than woman and it's a deffinitely stand out fragrance in my book. If you already test it and don't like, just give it another try. You may change your opinion same as I did.

If you want to have something unique in your frag arsenal, I strongly suggest to get one.

persefoni
persefoni

Such a mouth-watering smell!! I would have never guessed this is a woody-spicy scent....

To me it smells - like so many reviewers have already stated - a lot like melon and watermelon! The ginger is also up front, but the rest to me is very subtle... However, it is rather weak in terms of projection, so i suppose abundant, repeated use is necessary!

Apart from these technicalities, really, this perfume is up-lifting, cheerful, summery amidst the rainy, wet and cold winter... sooooooo nice!!

miss mills
miss mills

I LOVE this one! I smell dill and watermelon mixed with grass and vetiver - coriander, yes, that, too! Herbaceous, green, sea salt spray oceanic...The spice comes in the dry down. I want a FB right now please, universe!!!

migueldematos
migueldematos

I can smell watermelon!!!

Michael1962
Michael1962

I'm not really a fan of Hermes but this is the exception to the rule.As noted by most reviewers I pick up the melon,more like honeydew melon,smell right off the bat.Also although not noted I get a slight tomato leaf vibe a la Lacoste Essential and the ginger is noticable although not quite in a Dior Homme sport way.The pepper is well blended in this one and complements the other notes perfectly

Perfect for spring and summer and one of the reasons I bought it as I needed more fresher scents to balance out my collection without the citrus overload.More green,calming and mellow and it does smell like the air just after a heavy downpour.

Highly recommended as a smart and different casual spring/summer scent.I love the simple blue hued bottle too

meugie
meugie

All I feel in this perfume is synthetic melon.
After 15 minutes appears a taste of pepper. Melon still here.
Average duration and moderate sillage.
I like it, but never will be among the Favorites.
Love the name. Very suggestive.

Couldn't wait to try this collection and this one was very nice, sweet spicy and thoroughly likable but nothing that special.

Bazique
Bazique

I have all the fragrances from the un jardin collection and I have to say this is the one I love the most!

It is very a very unique spicy sweet scent. At first I felt it was a little too dry, but I love it more and more each time I wear it.

I'm normally a floral fan (my fav are Cartier's Baiser Vole and Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell), but this one really impresses me with its spice. IMO Le toit is a bit too girly so this one is just perfect.

courant
courant

Leaving shortly to have dinner in a Thai restaurant. They make their stir fries with palm sugar, lime juice, nam-pla, chili and spices. I can't imagine walking in wearing Chanel No 19 or even Kelly Caleche from JCE. Here's where Apres la Mousson slots in. Equally I could imagine wearing this in Rarotonga, Fiji or Tahiti; places that carry a vegetal huff in the air. It's not an everyday fragrance but it seems to me that if you are about to glow (horses sweat, men perspire and ladies..glow) then your chemistry should be in sync. Enjoyable for its uniqueness.

Pinja
Pinja

Airy, spicy, woody and completely dry.

A scent that seems to have top and middle notes only, without all the often heavier basenotes.

I perceive melon as something moist and there is nothing moist here, no aquatic notes (because calone is not aquatic to me, it's airy), no green notes, no fruits or flowers that could all provide a wet accord.
So I do not detect melon, only something airy and dry.
Like spices thrown in the air long after the supposed monsoon rain is gone.

This is wonderful. It seems to have a lot of Eau des Merveilles as a "base," like quite a few other Ellena perfumes. This is not by any means a negative thing.

Add vanilla to Eau des Merveilles and you have Eau Claire Des Merveilles.
Add musk to Eau des Merveilles and you have Voyage.
Add spices to Eau des Merveilles and you have Un Jardin Après La Mousson.

Deefit
Deefit

The ginger and pepper really pop out to my nose, at least during the first 30 minutes. I also get the moist, wet, rainy vibe. This scent really gives me a great visual image of what Ellena had in mind when creating this. I've had the same experience with Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, Ellena is a wonderful man!

It's very spicy but in a fresh way, though I don't find this an everyday scent at all. I'm still not sure whether I like this one or not. I find it to be quite sharp.

Kiera79
Kiera79

Wow, this really is unlike anything I've tried before. I get a lot of watery melon with hints of cardamom and ginger in the background. This would be a wonderful spring/summer scent..... but unfortunately I can't shake the association with melon flavored jelly beans....

Marciu
Marciu

This is actually my favourite one from the Jardin series. But I use it during spring only.

It's very spicy on my skin. I really feel ginger, cardamom, pepper and corriander mixed all together. Longevity that I get with it is good - about 8 hours and sillage is moderate, but that's a good thing.

I prefer using it in march and April, because when it's really warm or even hot, this scent is dusty for me. It's getting heavy and cloying.

But I like it and it'll be a staple in my collection.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I don't know why but I had a misconception that the whole Jardin series must all be soft scents. So I gave myself several good spritzes and oh my! How spicy!

Ginger and Cardamom are the most prominent to my nose. It's a juicy ginger smell and it gives a cold and wet feeling, which goes well with 'Après la Mousson'. Though I've never been to India, I would imagine Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant is India under the sun, while Après la Mousson is India after the rain. I'd love to wear it in summer for its cold and wet attitude, and in winter for its spiciness. A fragrance with edges but versatile as well.

Noemi1991
Noemi1991

It's a fresh spicy perfume. It's not a really usual fragrance. It's not what a mean for a fashion perfume. On my skin it's quite strong. I can smell that melon-y taste at the beginning. But as the time goes by, it dries down and i can notice all the spices. I personally really like this fragrance. It reminds tropical and hot places. I think it's a perfect perfume for summer days, even if it's really versatile.

greenspear
greenspear

I live in a tropical country for most of my life. This perfume smells exactly like home. I can imagine the smell of rain pouring down in a dense rainforest. Very nostalgic and comforting. Fresh, spicy, and I love the smell of melon! I just wish that, for the price, it has better staying power.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I enjoy the watery-spicy-woody surprising effect of Un jardin après la Mousson. I've used it during the late spring or summer for several years now and I'm confortable in it. It melts nicely with my skin, much better than how Un jardin sur le Nil does (though I also like this one), specially during summer or high temperature days. I love the ginger blossom note, such a beautiful and strange flower in reality. The fragrance develops interestingly and lasts long for an edt.

My choice for summer out of Ellena's jardins collection for the moment.

nerskine
nerskine

Summer after it rains. Sultry.

WhiteCity
WhiteCity

melon and cardamon drifted away by a warm breeze....

kolympiadis
kolympiadis

Being a fan of unisex fragrances I decided to give Hermes' Un Jardin line a try. Of the four, I think this is the most versatile. The individual spicy notes of ginger, cardamom, pepper and coriander are all noticeable, but not in the traditional "dry spice rack" sense. This scent is very FRESH, but warm at the same time - an unusual combination! I think the melon-y note that some detect is actually a combination of the watery note and fresh ginger. Unlike dried ginger, fresh ginger has a very wet, tangy and sweet, almost fruity scent. I can see how it could be interpreted as melon.
I really think this is an all season perfume. I haven't had it long enough to try in winter, but the spices are definitely warm and rich. The rainy, humid, fresh side of the scent is apparent now, as spring develops, but the spicy warmth could easily take center stage in colder weather and be very appropriate.
Like all of the Jardin series, this is an unusual, seemingly complex but deceptively familiar, intriguing scent. It is highly enjoyable to wear!

patxaran
patxaran

Just received the brume parfumee (alcohol free body mist) and gave it a go. First impression on this cold winter day is that it definitely brings back memories of travelling in South India. Spice farms in the backwaters and humid heat. I can see what other reviewers mean by the melon note however I cannot exactly say if it is melon, cucumber or just a general mix of vegetables. Maybe it will occur to me later what it reminds me of. So far, so good. Really need to test this when the weather is warmer!

jBoozy711
jBoozy711

i will tell it straight like this

I AM AFRAID OF SMELLING THIS FRAGRANCE AGAIN IN MY LIFE

i tried it once, hated it, ruBBed it off
2nd time i literally threw up

i see a lot of reviews talking aBout how natural, juicy and green its
that makes me want to try it again

BUT I DONT REALLY DARE TO DO IT

melon note its so putrid and offensive
that makes me sad to even rememBer when i smelled that

pbluberry
pbluberry

The notes and the smell doesn't add up to me. I like it but I'm puzzled. I smell the pepper and ginger but also something fresh in the mix of things. Sometimes when a scent gets too overwhelming for me I spritz a little water on it and it freshens it right up. I get the Melon thing people are talking about in the end. Odd but in a good way.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Do you like summertime?Do you like smell good but not "good" as everybody?When are you walking on street on temperature up to 80+ do you get bored about that "Aqua,silver,sport..." smell?
Me too and me too and me too.
I used to wear this excelent alternative for a long years and i can't get enough.
Everybody knows that better fragrances are winter weather made to and honestly i know exactly what i'm talking about because i live in Brazil so wrong perfume plus wrong weather is poisonous.
Here is a great perfume of course this is not a masterpiece not even a lovely one although smell very good,big longevity and better than that versatily is amazing.Anyway we've got some "aqua" on it but not like a lake,river or sea it is just like a rain falling down on a rich spicy/aromatic soil in a tropical weather country for sure India because the aromatic cardamon smell along spicies such ginger roots and flowers i mean ginger roots smelling same as vetiver is typical from that region.Not listed on notes but present a summer proper smell comes out from watermelon while coriander and pepper make duo harmonious as Batman & Robin,coriander is like a grand finale for a freshness summer salad.
In the end you know what?it is so natural and comfortable that hot weather is just one thing else.

Juma
Juma

I like a smell of softener and I like a smell of ginger in BVL Notte pour femme- but not the mixture of these two smells in UJA Mousson.
I don't like it from the first spray to the last whifs.

isenseincense
isenseincense

I bought this last summer to cool me down on hot days. However it rained ALL summer in the UK and the last thing I wanted was a perfume that smelled of rainy days and thats what this is. Last summer it saddened me and I was ready to sell it on ebay. Now I will keep it till the summer in the confident expectation of heat and sun.

However Jardin Med will be on standby as that cheers and refreshes like nothing else.

ladynaqua
ladynaqua

I love the smell, clean , fresh , crisp and green yet the sillage is very poor ..

freedre93
freedre93

I did full of expectations above this fragrance, mainly for the fact to describe how Ellena did this notes become an idea of a rain. And so..I tried, and it doesn't fits me, why?
Well..what I only remember until now is the tea's smelling..and yes, it's spicy, and a bity strange..and I would say that a litle bit old! :/
but each opinion is a opinion..and I have to say that the quality of the perfume is really nice..maybe if Elena had thought the rain for some tropical place..it would seems more as a rain!

leomat2008

I love this one but it´s a little too sweet I wanted it to be. The note I love is the melon. Melon is very noticeable in the beggining of the bottle or in the beggining of the sprayed, but then the smell becames sweet and sweet.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I tried this perfume today, to me is too "cucumbery"and nothing like my imagination of "After rain" thing. It doesn't smell agressive, but on the other hand-nothing special for this price.

Adiro
Adiro

This is a gorgeous spicy fresh mix, and I had the great opportunity of trying it thanks to a lovely memeber here, Greenfaerie38. I was reluctant to try it for so long, simply because I am not a fan of pepper, but here it is subtle enough. Actually the fragrance feels "cold" to me, in spite of all these spices.
The strength and sillage are very good, and among the Jardin series I would rank it second to Sur Le Toit only, in terms of lasting strenth and sillage. Very Good, a 9/10 in my book, and wishlist material for sure! I would love a FULL bottle of this, would be ready to swap a lot for this one! Highly reccomended!

ejade
ejade

Wow.. so many interesting and widely variable reviews. Being a huge fan of this juice, I can relate to probably 90% of these interpretations. Obviously, the frag will smell differently on each of us based on our own chemistry. I'm a dude... don't really sweat much, indoors most of the time and have fairly dry skin... accentuated by the arid desert where i live. Apres la Mousson, on my skin, renders the notions of over-rippened melons and mushy, drippy cucumbers... sorta rancid-sweet in its overtones all the while masking the idea of rotting vegetation. This aroma is wafted across a briny, still lake yielding a salty, over-flowing watery cleansing effort to what otherwise might have been unpleasant. These then get gently wafted along on a clean linen breeze to tidy everything up in a gorgeous bouquet of warm and comforting greenness... Strangely inviting and unusual... so beautiful and unforgetable... intensely seductive and sensual. Great for quiet and soft summer and fall mornings. Avoid the intense heat. Break it out on those cold, gloomy winter mornings when you could use a "pick-me-up". Don't use this everyday... it's too indulgent. Reserve it for those occasions when you need special attention or something a little selfish and self-centered... or share it on an intimate occasion... it's a great "combat scent" when you and your special someone need a "get some in the garden" atmosphere... most of all be open-minded enough to let it take you where it will..... ENJOY!!! This is SEXY STUFF!!!

Wilka
Wilka

It took my attention some two months ago. I doubted whether to buy it or not, as when I saw this page here, I realized that they compare it with Bulgari Black - an also unisex fragrance I couldn’t get used to and gave to my husband after buying it, long ago now - . It's rather difficult to me to resist suggestions alluding to India or Arab charms so, in mid-uruguayan Spring, I finally bought "Un Jardin après la Mousson" today. I'm glad but I'll be careful not to wear it when it's too hot and, contrary to "Un Jardin sur le Toit", when I'm engaged in "hard urban action". It'll be wonderful for calm, cool or warm evenings in the open air. Yet, I must confess I fear its unisex side, in a way. Will my husband end up by wearing it, instead of me?

Valeriarguello
Valeriarguello

Its definitely my favourite out of all the Un Jardin collection. It really is in synch with my personality, not to overwhelming, simple, classic, independent, and exotic at the same time. The scent picks you up from a beginning towards a slow, warm descend.
The bottle itself is beautifully made, very simple and such lovely colours.
Reminds me of a tropical destination, surrounded by large tropical trees, sun shinning through the green leaves,hot and humid, somewhere in Asia.
Bought the 50ml one and instantly fell in love with it, so next perfume I buy will be the 100ml version. Absolutely love it!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is a fantastic, exotic scent that resembles no other. It is like you are being drenched in the hills of Chakrashila will cleansing yourself with insence and citrus. One of my absolute favorites. I can see a man wearing this. SO, that being said, I only wear it when I am dressed feminine and pretty.

malwiniusia
malwiniusia

It is very diffiucult to describe this scent, as it changes its fragrance everytime i put it on. Personally, i realized that the perfume smells different at every weather change. When it is sunny it smells, as often described like watermelons and cucumber with a rather woody and earthy apres-smell. On rainy days the odour hugs you like a bubble and you feel like at a spice market, with lots of sweetness and balmy flavours.On cold days it is the only warm source that makes you remember of summer or a rainy jungle.
It is a good composition and everyone can sense something diverse in this great perfume. I recommend this to very wild women who seek for adventures but still hide some mystery behind their facade.
I do not own it yet, but i still have to find it more appealing to me than it already is.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Is it an exotic journey of south Asian spices, or is it watermelon Bubbilicious? Good either way.

kkk
kkk

I bought it to myself(I'm a woman) last year, I found it seductive, I just wanted to smell it and smell it... so different, so unique. But unfortunately I can't stand it on myself, it is too heavy for my nose, just too much. So I gave it to my husband who likes it very much too. On his skin it smells different, warmer and less harsh.
Pretty good longevity and nice bottle too.

I would say that on me the most noticeable note of this fragrance is the ginger blossom note. The sillage of it is really quite charming. It really attracts my attention periodically. Despite this fragrance opens on me nearly like a green watermelon peel inside (I guess it's a mix of the ginger blossom and melon notes.), it really smells good:)

It doesn't smell on me spicy, only a little bit. And not too aquatic, but its watery enough.

I'm not a fan of watermelon and melon fragrances, but I like this fragrance! It's unusual enough. Only I'm afraid to get tired of the melon note.

evanthie
evanthie

the best thing I've ever tried in my life! I'm in love with this :)Seeing as it's unisex I'd fall in love with any man wearing it. Simply the sexiest.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

The spice and cool wetness is a really unusual combination.I really feel the humid air, the wafts
of green freshness,perhaps a hint of cucumber,ginger
lingers beneath, while the pepper, and hints of mustard
seed add a brash spicy aura.Strangely enough they do
not compete.The cool wetness is never overpowered by
the spice,which by itself may be a little too tranquil
and mundane.A conceptual scent that must be smelled to
truly appreciate!P.S., the ombre bottle,and it`s oceanic
hues are truly beautiful!

Mnemsys
Mnemsys

Defenitely a try before you buy fragrance. I love it. It's an unusual fresh scent. To me, it's not spicy, but more like green herbs, like parsley. The name is very appropriate, I think. The same vibe as after a heavy shower, when the air seems to be full of life; it smells natural and rainy. The downside to me is the longevity, which is really poor on me.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

I love the Hermès Un Jardin line and I was really excited to smell this fragrance. It smells like perfection in the bottle, but unfortunately smells awful on my skin. Truly it really doesn't smell like anything on my skin. I can't pin-point a certain smell but a poorly blended wood/bitter greens scent. But it really smells fresh and woody while smelling on a card or from the bottle, and really quite beautiful. I'm disappointed in this, but I'm sure that it sets well on other people's skin.. at least I hope so, because this fragrance really does smell amazing otherwise. Unfortunately, I think this is the low point for Un Jardin. However, I do encourage people to go and try it on their own skin, because my first impressions (on a card and in the bottle) were magical.

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

I really wanted to like this fragrance. I love the name that evokes me the sunsets after the rain in Asia, and I love the bottle too. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything that reminded me nor Asia nor the monsoon and nothing to like.

This is a very green fragrance and I smelled something like cucumber and grass with a very distant touch of ginger. It's not a bad scent but I found it incredibly soft and weak. Even if I spray multiple times, there's not scent left after only half an hour or less on my skin.

With other Hermès fragrances I also feel a longevity problem, as with Eau d'Orange Verte, that's an incredibly good scent with a very poor longevity. However, in the Terre d'Hermès the scent, which is delicious, has a good projection and still better longevity on my skin.

Well I was disapointed. I actually would like to have this perfume on my shelves, if only for the exotic name and the beautiful bottle, but unfortunately this smells almost nothing in my skin.

Pink_Petal
Pink_Petal

After discovering the "jardin" range by Hermes I decided I wanted them all:) Mousson was the last one of 4 I tried and it didn't dissapoint- on the first spray there was ginger, freshly cut and so yummy! Immidiately after spices started flooding through making it a bit more edgy and peppery and then it suddenly changed into the overriped melon....and more overriped fruits. Each fragrance of the Hermes jardin range has this unique power of transporting you into a different place, indian ocean shore in this case...the smell is beautiful, but has a shorter lasting power than it's brothers/sisters:) Unfortunately for my collection I had to separate the family members after smelling one of the Guerlain purfume and wanting it badly:) After much deliberation it was decided that mousson will be swapped:) but for those who are curious- it will make a good day time summer fragrance and it would develop beautifully in slightly wet conditions, like after the rain.

gracious
gracious

I love the perfumes of Hermes. Usually they are unusual, like this.
Ist has long duration

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

It's a very unusual fragrance, salty and green at the same time. However, on my skin is doesn't have any lasting power whatsoever and when I apply it on clothes people complain it smells like BO to them. They don't even believe I'm wearing a perfume, my friends just think I've been to the gym :)

kirtylou
kirtylou

This perfume is good for the day-time, especially when outdoors. It is the ONLY perfume I have that never gives me a headache. I can even hit the gym while wearing this perfume and it actually refreshes me instead of makes me feel sick (I am very sensitive to scents). It's very unusual, and smells good on skin. However a few times I have gotten it on my clothes, too, and it has this strangely sweaty-sock smell on clothes, at least to me. So as long as I only keep it on my skin, it smells delicious. It's very spicy and watery. I know it's supposed to evoke India, but to me it reminds me of my honeymoon on Bora Bora... the last day there it rained very hard, and there was a similar smell in the air. Yum.

joyjoyjoy
joyjoyjoy

Wonderful the ginger, charming the pepper. This stunning composition gives the scent its unique feeling - that many have fallen in love with. Oh....I'm so in love.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

It's more like herbal and fresh spicy aquatic on my skin.
At the beginning, I smell aquatic note, similar to She Wood. When it dries down a bit, yes, it smells like freshly sliced cucumber. Once in a while, I can detect black pepper and that's it.
It's great for summer because it's very fresh, but if I blind bought it based on the notes, that would be a mistake.

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

One of my favorite scents, this is a true original.
I think that the melon that people say they smell is really a watery, ozonic. To me it lacks the sweetness and character of melon.

This fragrance is so interesting because to me it is clean, watery, yet softly spicy. It really is India with all the characteristic spices but right after the monsoon when the air is still damp and fresh. Fresh and spicy- what an oxymoron.

The opening 10 minutes is so wonderful. I cook with fresh ginger frequently and this is fresh ginger. I always thought that ginger notes in perfume seemed off to me because fresh ginger is sharp and slightly spicy but unmistakably wet. The opening of this scent captures what I love about ginger, but not too literally. Sophisticated--not kitchen.

Just a wonderful scent if you are looking for something really novel and light. I do get a good 5-6 hrs out of this but I use it more liberally than most of my other scents.

atv315
atv315

I really love this scent. It is unique yet subtle and I can't imagine most people not liking it. I respect Hermes for their "out there" scents, the Mediterranée and sur le Nil scents are just so bizarre to me. The first smells literally like earth and the second like the vegetables that are grown in it. I appreciate that they are putting unique scents out there, especially with all of the smell-alikes out on the market nowadays, even if they are not my cup of tea. Mousson strikes me almost as a compromise...it's unique but not THAT unique. I would definitely love to get it as a gift but I'm not thrilled with the longevity which is a big deal-breaker with me in terms of buying it or it becoming my signature scent.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

huele a un huerto de melones, un huerto humedo con melones.

id
id

Cardamom and ginger creates the smell of a melon with a hint of spicy peppers. Bright, uplifting and interesting fragrance. Different even the scent itself is quite linear on my skin. Sillage and longevity is good.

Jona16
Jona16

Un perfume distinto, especial, nada de diseñador onda Carolina Herrera ... difícil de llevar, fuerte, intrusivo. Lo describo como una suma de especias fuertes, de cocina, con un toque de vetiver. Eso si, mis felicitaciones a Jean Claude Elena, ya que supo condensar en una fragancia, el OLOR A LLUVIA, algo que nunca creí que se pudiera hacer. SOLO para los días de calor intenso, y prohibido para el frio. Eso si, no esperen comentarios del tipo ¿qué rico!!! sino más bien ¿qué es eso que te pusiste, jengibre???!!! A animarse, vale lo que cuesta, que es mucho (el envase es caso aparte, de cristal ahumado en tonos azules, parece un piedra preciosa)

Marilie
Marilie

Un Jardin après la Mousson is strangely the least favorite of the Jardin-series and mostly neglected by (niche) perfumistas. I don't see why, really.

If there is a perfect summer fragrance that refreshes and is light and luscious, that'll be après la Mousson.
The melon combined with ginger and spices is simply exotic. I think the name really hits the nail on the head: Après la mousson is like the humid jungle air after a monsoon has swept across the land. It is not dry at all. It is wet, green and lively.

The only bad news is that is isn't very long-lasting. I don't get more than 4 hours no matter how liberally I spray. Though it lasts a bit more in humid weather, I noticed.

Spicy
Spicy

its one of my favourites. Ginger in it is fantastic! Smells like hot desert stones to me.

smellynich
smellynich

it smells like lightblue but with alot of pepper and a bit of cucucmber..reading the reviews it lead me to believe that it smells like melon but when i purchased it, it doesnt smell like melon it mells like frikin lightblue but with pepper..i dont know if im gonna be pissed or happy because i expected something different and instead i got lighblue in a hermes bottle although i like lightblue i dont want to smell light blue anymore..i am not doing this review to rant and get people be disappointed but i want to help them to know what this really smells like
to have ballons or not to have balloons i just want to help and tell the truth

lisliasm
lisliasm

Just smelling the bottle, it seems fresh and clean-- ginger and fresh-cut grass.

On first spray, a harsh smell takes over. This is, I think, the "peppery melons" everyone is talking about.

On my skin it takes only a couple minutes to begin to calm down into a more complex, sexier fragrance, warmer and colder at the same time.

I grew up in a hot and very humid climate and I can see where this fragrance is meant to remind the wearer of standing in a garden after a heavy rain, with water still hanging in the air.

I don't agree, however, that the scent is too narrative to be someone's "signature." It's very unique, and that's what I love about Apres La Mousson, but on my skin, it becomes almost intimate, and very sweet, after about an hour.

When I spray it on after a shower, the whole process from pepper to sweetness takes place before I even leave the house, so I imagine what other people smell on me is very different than what I experience.

kelpie91
kelpie91

I agree with some of the other reviews citing that this smells like peppery melons...as unappealing and sneezy as that sounds :p I think that it's really a wonderful scent..it starts off on a sicklysweet/sour note but then fades into this watery spicy smell. Its quite unique and you won't catch many people wearing this around you--it's nice to have such a unique story book scent in world of Pink Sugar & Light Blue

sehaman
sehaman

I love this scent especially for it's weirdness. I think it smells like pepper and honeydew. It smells so good. I wish it had more staying power, though. Pleasant, bizarre, watery, fresh.

natefifield
natefifield

Apres La Mousson demonstrates that perfume does not need to exist solely as a sensory accessory. It can also exist to tell a story, to evoke drama and beauty for it's own sake.

I agree with many of the reviewers, that this perfume is less successful as a personal scent. A good perfume should accentuate a positive element of someone's personality or physical presence. Florals accentuate physical beauty, citrus: physical strength, fruits: a sweet personality, etc.

But Apres La Mousson has little that can be anthropomorphized into human terms. Rather, it is all about the glory and drama of nature. Coupled with it's narrative of the Indian monsoon, it takes us on an exotic and breathtaking journey to the wonders of nature in a far-off country.

So while the perfume may not succeed apart from it's narrative, it does provide the wearer with an immediate escape into a strange and beautiful world. It exists as a tremendous work of art for it's own sake.

RkrChk

The coriander [cilantro] & ginger flower notes in this Hermes gem smell like melons to me...The pepper and cardamom are exquisite additions to this fresh concoction...I adore this Hermes creation!

glamgirl
glamgirl

This scent smells like spicy cantaloupe to me. I have to be in the mood to wear it, but when I am, it's great.

stella-00
stella-00

absolutelly loved in when smelled first... got 200 ml, and it lasts only abt an hour on me !!! :-((((((
this is the greatest diasppointment!!!

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

It amazes me how this fragrance smells so wet and juicy and fruity, when the notes listed are all spices.

I do like it, but there is one off-putting note I can't quite put my finger on- something a little nauseating about it.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

i got to disagree with those who dont see this as fit for a man.I wasnt sure of the scent at first but the more I sniffed the more I realised I had smelled something similar-Kenzo air and in a rather odd way too Kenzo pour homme.If you got any of those then you can relate to this.am not too keen on it as the notes arent to my taste but would wear it just to stand out as it is a special one

dina
dina

This one is my favorite of Les Jardins series... It's woody yet very fresh and bright unlike other heavy woody fumes that fall into the same category. It's one of those fragrances that you could wear anytime of the day, all year round. It's elegant, unique, more feminine than masculine, a perfect choice for those who like light and simple fragrances.

George K.
George K.

Title: Un Jardin Apres La mousson
Date: 2008
Written :By Jean Claude Ellena
Country :India

Un Jardin apres la mousson was born in India,in Kerala, aregion full of smells,sounds and colours.The monsoon heralds a renewal of nature,a new cycle of life...after the rain everything becomes clear and soothing...

A fragrance for men and women.
Ginger- flavoured lemonade,vegetable scents and Kahili ginger ,a plant with delicate white flowers,typical of India,cool spices,coriander,pepper and vetiver.

Un jardin Après la Mousson probably is my favorite of all jardins. It feels fresh and, at the same time, it's wet and muggy like after a flash heavy rain on a super hot day. Spicy and musky melon is very obvious, and it's green and cool as cucumber. It's also the most masculine of all due to the absence of anything floral. My second favorite would be Sur Le Nil, Sur Le Toit, while Mediterrannee is the least favorite (but still very good) because it's just too sweet and figgy for me. I probably wouldn't wear it often because it's a bit unusual for everyday wear, but I'm glad to own this wonderful creation by Ellena.

A modern and minimal fragrance for spring/summer season. The opening is spicy and fresh with bitter orange, pepper, and a tiny note of melon. It rapidly turns into a woody phase then In the drydown I get a stronger melon with vetiver and hints of pepper and cardamom. Surely not a masterpiece or something I would never buy a FB of, but it's somehow nice. If you're into light aquatic scents this could be a good option as while beeing fresh it doesn't belong to the generic "sport editions" category.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

ducktuck
ducktuck

I have been trying this for the past two days. There is no melon listed but I smell honeydew, through the entire life of the fragrance. It settles into a green leafy earthy melon that I love and adore. If only it lasted, I would own this for sure. It lasts longer on my clothes, but on my skin it leaves within 2 hours. I long for Un Jardin's in EDP.
I do not smell any wood or spice in this.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Another perfume that makes me think a lot, which isn't a bad thing. Here was what I thought as I wore it. Immediately:"Persian melon", which is juicy but has a hot peppery bite when it's fully ripe. Then "cold ginger", which is nonsensical but some of the artistry of this perfume--I've never smelled ginger before that wasn't hot and aggressive. Finally, "ice queen" as the vetiver note opened with a very cold spice that I couldn't quite identify.

This is a beautifully made unusual perfume that I admire intensely but don't particularly love. If this was a visual art it would be sculpture: literal, gorgeous but cold to the touch as all fine marble is. The other thing I find odd and interesting is that while it's cold it isn't refreshing. To me this is certainly a better perfume for winter or blustery early spring rather than the heat of summer. Well worth trying but not a typical Hermes scent.

Sillage: close and polite
Durability: several hours when it arrives at the vetiver
Fabulosity: Rodin's The Thinker
Price to value ratio: reasonable

movs
movs

In these years it seems like a lot of perfume houses are beginning to create more natural smelling scents. This fragrance is no exception. Like the other perfumes from the Jardin range the ingredients smell like something you could actually find in the real nature.

To my nose the heart in this scent is melon with a mist of bitter aromatic spices above. Personally I can only distinguish pepper and cardamom. The opening is quite dewy and reminds me of being in a green house. On me it settles to an almost exclusively spicy scent where the smell of melon just leaves an impression of something sweet among the spices.

I don't really know what to think about this scent but no doubt that it's very unique and something new. In spite of that I don't really think that this fragrance has "personality".

In 3 words: SPICY - NATURAL - DEWY

Sissi
Sissi

Opens with dry earth with the presence
not listed in the notes is galbanum with it's leafy greenish scent then dries with
Cardamom a spicy ginger extract and if you
don't even notice i can even pick up a scent of oregano dry and delectable then
the fiery scent of Coriander starts steeping through making this scent like
a lush spice garden in late spring afternoon then pure yellow ginger spices
dries to an powdery finish.

I would love this scent if it didn't have that nauseating green note opening
but this scent would be promising with
out it.

Amethyste
Amethyste

It's like watermelon without sugar, and a bit like bug spray. Bitter and sour, with that unique touch of Hermes.

JasmineNutmeg
JasmineNutmeg

Jardin en Mediteranee is my favorite in this series. Mousson is a disappointment. WISH I could find the ginger, the melons. At first it is fresh cucumber and almost the sour smell of boxwood. Yesterday I layered it with Jo Malone Nutmeg & Ginger which helped. Perhaps this will work better on me in hot weather.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

I second Chris v.V's review: having skin-tested this a few times, I find it opens with a juicy honeydew melon (!) note, of all things; no greens or citrus that others find in it. This note never disappears but rather mellows to hold the spices to follow together. Quite a unique result!

Wonderfull!
Finally I found a substitute for the extinct kenzo air, that was my favourite one.
This one fits perfectly for man too!

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

I can´t imagine a man wearing this perfume. For me it´s a feminine fragrance for sure. Perfect for those women who like an exotic and misterious atmosphere. This fragrance is unique and I can´t stop sniffing myself now. Hahaha :)))

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I was about to buy this perfume, since this is unisex perfume. But when I put on my wrist, at first it smelled wonderful, but within 10 seconds, I feel sick when sniff it. There was butterfly flying in my stomach, I don't know why. It is a pity, since I do like this perfume!

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Well, whaddya know! I'm not enamored with this one (and I thought FOR SURE I would be).

Melons, melons, everywhere! At first spray and for a good long while -- melons. What kind of melons? I smell watermelons, cantaloupes, honeydew melons... I know, I know -- there's not a melon to be found in the notes. (I sprayed it on at Holt Renfrew, so I know it's legit...)

Not that melons are a bad thing, but they're just not ME.

It is now a couple of hours after the initial spray and it's actually a too-sweet "pink" fragrance on me. Strange.

judeaqua
judeaqua

Rightly said, its like a monsoon that restores to the earth, what the sun has taken away.... practically speaking, its like cool slices of watermelon (fruity, watery, green), sprinkled with citrus salt ginger & pepper spice.

guest_joe indo
guest_joe indo

i have 15 ml,, for me La Mousson is best one for me..the scent is gorgeuos ... @ my country this smell similar than a some food from java island- we called a yellow rice-and the ginger so sweet for me,,, how about u ????

LadyDi
LadyDi

I sprayed it-overpowering smell of sickly sweat lemons. Too masculine; no complexity. Thankfully, it disappeared within a half-hour.

evelyn.www
evelyn.www

In the begining i've liked, was very different. Then cardamom appeared so intensely that was nauseating to me.

But as I said in other reviews, this Hermes series is very particular and original, just not my type.

RkrChk

Love this fragrance--I have all three & this one stands out the most! It's fresh, clean, melony, peppery, green-like and wonderful!

chyprecat
chyprecat

I do love this perfume; it is classic and stylish and belongs with pale grey linen slacks, white cotton shirts and comfy undies. It makes me wish I was tall and slender and lightly tanned with naturally bleached hair and a scatter of freckles over the bridge of my nose, and it makes me want to take Persephone's hand and take her back to her magical childhood and linger there for an afternoon, playing on the beach, in the sun, gazing to the inky blue of the seascape. That is what scent is all about; it evokes the past, the present and sometimes the future, and lets you step into the lives of others, if only for a fleeting moment.

Thankyou, Persephone.

vuelo
vuelo

If you spray light and don't stick your nose into it (smell it on you, around you...), you'll see it's quite special, unique, really smells like "un jardin apres la mousson". Rainy.

Good for summer days and rainy days.

Not cold days! I've noticed it's only good in warm weather.

The dominant note is ginger, so if you don't like how ginger smells, you probably won't like this either.

I tested Un Jardin apres le Mousson before and I’m wearing it right now on my right arm and trying to understand if it could be for me. I love the bottle and the box with the little elephant!
The scent itself is not bad. It’s very fresh and aromatic, it radiates from me in many soft nuances. Lots of layers here for a relaxed elegant fragrance!
All the listed notes are present but to be honest I don't smell such strong spices, thanksgod! The whole scent stays very smooth and highly wearable.
The problem with this and so many other Hermes is that they don’t totally fit my chemistry and not in a short time anyway! It takes at least one hour for them to settle on my skin nicely, but the first hour is quite an akward experience. I sprayed UJALM more than 1hour and a half ago and only now I smell a harmony on my skin. I suggest to try this because it’s a nice fresh elegant scent for summer, very comfortable. It gives me a feeling of soothing and pace down. Like the other ones from the same series it can make you feel like a relaxed easygoing but refined lady in the shadow of a garden even if you live a hectic city life in the hot summer!

Persephone
Persephone

When I was a child, every summer my family would make a vacation getaway to the Black Sea, the Russian equivalent of Riviera with Turkish roots. We'd stay in a small town named Gurzuf. This place inspired many Russian classics, and Pushkin, probably the greatest of them, used to have a summer vacation house there some 200 years ago. I still remember vividly its narrow windy streets laid with stone going up the mountains, the fruit trees hanging over the fences, the solemn peak of Ai-Petri disappearing in the clouds and the freshness of the air, tingling with peppery aroma of ancient grand pine trees, the tiny bananas I'd eat right from the palms not caring about them being green, which would cause my extreme delight, the hot pebble stones I'd play with by the shore, the dark waters of the sea, as calm as if keeping a secret, and the bronze statue of Pushkin, of course, sitting there in the garden on the bench, projecting a musing look somewhere ahead of the picture of just another small town, ahead of the ancient pine trees, ahead of the sea - into the eternity.
Apres La Mousson smells like Gurzuf after rain painted in watercolors. Dear memories, excellent work of art by Mr. Ellena.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

this scent is beautiful...first spray reminds me of fresh cuts cucumber.the coriander and ginger make it good pair..it feels like im in rainforest real fresh and calm..it makes my nose tickle when i first smell it..another great fragrance by hermes..im truly impressed with this fragrance...
really good for spring and summer

MarieEstrup
MarieEstrup

When I wore it, my friend told me I smelled like soap-bubbles.

I personally find this scent wonderful and deep, yet very pure. Takes a special and strong woman to pull off. Give it a try!

astralrocket
astralrocket

My impressions coincide with most here.
It takes me to a wet summer garden or a non-septentrional land in the wet season. I feel more plants than trees; it has an aquatic touch and it's very pure-natural as I don't feel the artificial freshness commonly perfumes.
I think it's fair to say it's unisex, since being pure natural ( anyone can end up smelling like a garden, don't we?), the notion of being femmenine/masculine becomes cultural and temporal.

guest_Georgianna
guest_Georgianna

I have to agree that this is the perfect summer scent. It is truly a clean fragrance, and not like some of the aquatics which say they are clean. It
smells quite natural, as in being a fragrance made up of the smells of nature. The only problem is that it doesn't last long at all. But that's ok, I'll just carry the bottle w/ me and keep spraying it on! I love just about every fragrance that Mr. Ellena has created - bravo!

My darling
My darling

Aroma of herbs and grasses! Very natural and clean. And then I feel the smell of the white part of watermelon rind! With this fragrance, I feel like I'm in the midst of the meadow and eat watermelon.:)))
Nice! Perfect for hot summer scent!

arshia_pku
arshia_pku

from the all Un Jardin series, La Mousson is best one for me..the scent is gorgeous..Unisex but not feminine..Higly Recommended 9,5 of 10 from me

selinum28

I have tested this perfume another time, the third one; I have searched for it, having thought one day that its smell was one of those that required a certain degree of use and intimacy to be appreciated; in a similar way, the smell of horses is a good smell, but it is necessary to be used to clean them to notice.
The opening still offends me a little, but it gets better when the coarse base really starts to undress and even grow: the smell of melon, very loud at the beginning, will fade slowly, and then the wet earth smells of life instead of dirt or death.
I find this perfume not only sensual, as already said below, but a great canticle to the life in its world, which is sometimes brutal.
I would prefer to smell it on a man; it makes me think of some men I've known, sleeping under the porch while it rains during the wet season, and eventually getting up with an incredible joy in their eyes, as if they hadn't realized that it has been a very long time since they were kids.
It also reminds me The god of small things.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

In the vial, Jardin smells a little like wet dirt and leaves, but immediately turns to melon, most likely cantaloupe, seasoned with a lot of ginger. Within an hour the cantaloupe/ginger combination turns to a fresh, green note that persists through the drydown. This part is a remarkably realistic scent of green plants, what Demeter’s Greenhouse should have been. It’s all of the plants in the garden wet and growing after the monsoon, before they flower. On the one hand, I could fault this scent for being top-heavy, starting out with a dramatic and individualistic flourish that it fails to live up to when it morphs into the introverted gardener silently puttering around among the recently watered fig trees and ferns. On the other hand, I like the quiet, dignified time with the green plants, which, if you pay close attention, have their sensual side. The sillage is moderate, and the longevity is more than I expected, the better part of a day.

Aalia
Aalia

I just loved all the notes, this scent is gorgeous. However, I live in an extremely hot area, and the perfume evaporated extremely quickly. It had no sillage, and disappeared. I couldn't really enjoy it that much. Boo Hoo.

selinum28

I expected to love this, but the first impression was of fresh perfume sprayed over dirt. It gets better after some hours, even attractive on men.

guest_andi
guest_andi

I know its technically off but I smell ripe cantelope vivid. I immediately was under its spell. I think the scent is green more so than woody. I guess it makes sense that men wear it because it does have a cool 'sport' seeming character, but I'm a lady.

UN JARDIN APRES LA MOUSSON is a peppery vetiver scent with a powdery, even dusty drydown similar to that of KELLY CALECHE, except the leather here has been replaced by vetiver.

I would have expected something wetter after a monsoon, but this really is very dry vetiver that has been ground to dust with a mortar and pestle. The coriander contributes to the aridity, but the cardamom note is so light as to be overshadowed by the pepper-ginger complex, which opens big and lasts a few minutes. The pepper continues to linger for some time after the ginger has gone away, mingling with the vetiver in the drydown.

UN JARDIN APRES LA MOUSSON, like KELLY CALECHE, is a rather flat fragrance, but the floury texture does hold some appeal for my nose. This is definitely a unisex scent, and I would surmise that some women might find it a bit too dry and unadorned. Conversely, men who like the texture and subtlety of UJALM might also like KELLY CALECHE for a change...

guest_romnel
guest_romnel

lo adoro... es lo mejor, además que es chispeante y con mucha personalidad =)

zvoncica
zvoncica

Many people think that Apres la Moussone resembles to fresh air after rain. Then they smell perfume and get disappointed.

Truth is, smell of Apres la Moussune equals to wet roots of mangrove tree, and decomposed bamboo sticks. The spicy smell of hundreds and thousands washed leafs, herbals leaned to the ground and dispersed seeds in humid air. Heat of black pepper burns the nostrils and wets eyelids. It evaporates in air and resurrects over and over again. I am thinking, this is rain forest in India. Can’t get rid of pungent ginger odor no matter where I turn my head.

It is living creature born as rain drop and raised as dry spice. Sleeping on thirst and smoky ground. Fluctuating on canopy trees. Kissing your skin with the first spring sun.

dm8m
dm8m

Got myself a bottle of this scent recenty. It's a very refreshing scent. The perfect scent for a hot & sunny day.

The previous comments here are right, it's a very watermelony scent. But it's not too sweet to be too feminine, just right, so it's wearable for men. The lasting watermelon scent is the thing that caught me since it reminds me of fresh watermelons, which I love to eat during hot summer days.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

Fresh candied ginger for the first couple of hours. Then it evolved to a more 'green' than sweet melony and flowery scent.

Long lasting regarding it's lightness - I could clearly smell it for 4-5 hours. After about 12 hours it still has a subtle fresh gingerflower softness.

This is a frangrance I could as easily wear a hot summer day, as in a cold wintery day - the ginger works suprisingly well in both seasons.

It hasn't become a favorite yet, but I got it yesterday and I am certain that it will grow on me.

ramiske
ramiske

This is probably my favorite from the Un Jardin series. It is not as green as the 'sur le nil', but the opening is still very green. But then the spice notes come out to warm it up. It is a very nice scent with good staying power, but is a little too green to become one of my favorites.

valdano

Finally, I Got this perfume TODAY!

and what else I can say...

Is This GINGER?

wow then I must eat it! :P
Smell sooo delicious in my skin...sweet enough but in a good way!

i Really love the scent, really love it.

lilinah
lilinah

At first application there's a hint of citrus, as there is lime and bergamot in the mix, but mild and gentle. I always love the scent when i'm grinding coriander seeds, and here it is, washing over me. I also get hints of sweet ripe melon. They're followed by the tender fragrance of ginger blossoms.

After this fresh gentle sweetness, it begins smells very very dry, of leather with a hint of vetiver (which are both in it, although not listed above). And then i smell the ginger and pepper. Gradually the scent of spices grows, while the other fragrances remain, and then the spices dissipate.

Always the smell is light and delicate. There's nothing heavy or overpowering. Perfect for a hot day. Refreshing, calm, relaxed.

It's as if, on a hot muggy day, the temperature has dropped just enough to be pleasant relief, after a rain shower. You go out to sit in the garden with some fruit and spices. You smell them as well as the flowers and greenery around you respiring. It brings to mind monsoon season when i lived in Indonesia.

There's little sillage, although i gather from the Hedione content that it will linger on the skin. This is an intimate perfume, with a fragrance like looking through a gauzy veil at the incandescence of scent.

Divenus

This perfume has nothing usual or common.
It's very sophisticated, and in hot weather, when no perfume can satisfact you, this is the one.
I buy it for me, and my boyfriend now don't let me use, cause always still me to put hiself.
Smell realy great and different.

randik
randik

An absolutely FANTASTIC scent! Apres La Mousson is an elegant contradiction in terms: It is light but long-lasting, fresh and invigorating yet calming and soothing. It envelopes a perfect balance which I so seldom find in a perfume - and best of all I will not grow tired of it:)

schnukica
schnukica

...on the top notes i smell citrus do is not mentioned here. its fresh but much to much green for my taste. it smells like grass for a circa 15 min and than becames quite mildly, pepper is not so strong but still feeling citrus a bit. it grows into a nice scent.

lillybee
lillybee

It seems I have a different experience of this regarding the top notes. A mixture of hot, frothy milk, spiced with cardamon, coriander infused with a hint of nutmeg hits my nose upon application and I start wondering how this concoction can actucally come from a perfume bottle.

After about an hour I start to distinguish an unmistakable green, warm note of aquatic and citrusy bitter orange or lime aroma which will characterize most the scent's middle phase. The scent then mingles with a light peppery note and the still present crisp greenness of coriander to create an exotic, mellow and somewhat bittersweet scent.

After 3 hours the two different themes going on in parallel have stabilised and now the warm spices and the fresh citrusy aroma was reminiscent of its sister fragrance Jardin Sur le Nil as if taking away the warmer, spicier notes, we'd be left with the heart notes of Jardin Sur Le Nil.

The most dominant notes in the drydown are quite dry and woody. The overall impression however is still warm, as the harsher, masculine scents are complemented by the clean and softening hint of spice.

When I bought Jardin Sur le Nil on Ebay, I received a sample of Jardin Apres La Mousson. Sometimes I wish it had been the other way round...

An unusual masterpiece from Hermes.

guest_scentissimo
guest_scentissimo

Im a man and i love wearing it. It has genuine mystery and carresses the senses without overpowering them . Another winner from Hermes.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

It really smell - landscape; foggy, bright , but simultaneously thick from ginger, pepper, cardamon and bit melon.Sweet and salty and at the same time piquant. Smell of indian garden just after long rains. Exactly so. It is beautiful and very original. Sound. On skin kept very long.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

My search for the perfect high summer perfume continues...and perhaps it should stop here, with Un Jardin Apres Le Moussin because this really is delicate and lovely; I can't imagine a better perfume for those gaspingly dry hot days surrounded by car fumes where everyone around you is in a bad temper.

To my shame, I can't detect any of the notes listed above, except perhaps a little light ginger, barely edging in - and even then I'm not sure! What I get is an overwhelming sense of watermelon and cucumber, with a background of something green and a little more lively in the background. I say lively, this is not a fragrance that refreshes me into action like DKNY Green Apple; this is much less zesty. Both I think, work well in the office and at home. But while DKNY is successful pretty much through Spring and Summr, UJALM comes into its own on the very hottest, most suffocating days. I wish I had known of this perfume when summer travellling to places like L.A, Mumbai, and Cairo. Wearing it would have been a balm to my soul and skin.

honeydays
honeydays

I love the other 2 Jardin fragrances, but this one strongly smells of "doctor's office" right off the bat and I could not get past that. I will give it another try during very hot weather, as I do agree that is when the other Jardin fragrances are at their best.

Divenus

Incredible how this fragance lasts on your skin. I had put this 10 hours ago, and still smell wonderfull. It's an EDT, but a way better than much EDP there, in the market. And is really impressive how much it change with the heat. More hot is the temperature? So much more refreshing is. By chance another day, I prove this and had to stay under the sun a lot of time. Any other perfume will make me sick, but this was getting better and better.
Very spice, but not warn, a spice stimulant. It's really differente of any thing. And likewise feminine. I don't smeel any fruit here. I smell what it is. Ginger, pepper and cardamom.
Anything else. Just simple and WONDERFULL.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

Now that the hot days of June are in bloom, I have to review my opinion about Jardin apres la Mousson. I couldn't like it since it was launched, because it had too much melon and too less wet garden in it. Compared to my favourite Jardin en Mediterranee it was unidimensional and fruity. But today, in the heat (38 deg. C), this perfume revealed itself. I was looking for a cool scent to relieve me from the heavy atmosphere, and I tried Jardin sur le Nil, Chanel Cristalle and Cristalle Verte, Versace Versense and Dior Escale a Portofino. They all seemed too sweet for the heat, too changeable, like the fruits becoming vinegar. Even though it is not the greenest scent and I wouldn't expected from it the refreshing effect, Jardin apres la Mousson was the winner. It is a perfume for tropical weather, it stays unchanged, it is happy and juicy like a cooled fruit salad - melon, mango, mint, blood orange topped with vanilla icecream. It has a very good lasting power, making you feel the water of a green pool close all the time.

dunatko
dunatko

this is also one of Hermés unisex fragrances but after trying it i think its more for women... but i like it because its so clean - fresh with a sweet ginger and flowers... maybe its a bit too sweet for men! lasting power very good!

Zocha
Zocha

I must have been influenced by the former reviews here and the first thing that popped in my mind was cucumbers! :)
Which in fact is the mix of ginger and cardamon. At first intensive with some pepper and then more calm and warm, but without a big surprise. It's kind of nice, interesting in a way, but not my cup of tea.
However, Hermes fragrances must be tested on your own skin, not stunning on me doesn't necessarily mean the same on an other lady (or a gentlemen :) oops, sorry)

evarus
evarus

freshness of the air after rain

danielle
danielle

I bought this one at X-Mas. It smells like the spicy, green air of Thailand...the ginger gives much of its staying power, I think. Although I hesitated to wear this one in winter,I got several compliments, much to my surprise. Not for everyone...but a special scent that stands out from the mainstream that is casual and relaxing.

wildheaven
wildheaven

I was afraid to try this one because all the reviews, once I tried it was instant love! On my skin it smells like lilacs, a luscious complex fragrance with a sweet spicy background that reminds me a spice market. God bless my skin chemistry because lasting power and sillage are good. I'm surprised to get the lilacs smell because it's not listed on the official notes.

rebella
rebella

Oh, I wished this one to be like a rainy, tropical garden with fresh notes of wet greenery and fruits and lotus flowers blossoming in the pond...

Well, with my skin chemistry it isn´t. All I´ve got is pickled cucumber. A spicy pickled cucumber, but still nothing but pickled cucumber. It kind of make me miss the hot dogs...

valdano

I don't know why! i just don't love this smell, but it makes me curious even more!
That 'Bitter Cantaloupe' smells good in dry down!
And just make this fragrance even fresher!

:sigh:

wallflower
wallflower

this smell is wonderful! i think i would love this on a man.
i personally think that gentle, unisex scents are the sexiest on men, if a guy uses a too loud, too masculine fragrance, that gives me an impression of 'trying too hard'.
plus i love the smell of ginger and cucumber, especially on men! so sensual.
so, i say, go for it, guys!!:)

alina terec
alina terec

i must say that when i first smelled this one i had this overwelming feeling of citrus and watery notes. after it wears off a bit it becomes more masculine but still not enough to make me think of it as a unisex fragrance. i also don't feel it as woody spicy but more like fresh, fit for summerwear. more feminine than masculine in my opinion and the best from the trilogy.

Tee
Tee

Lovely perfume in my opinion. In the beginning, it is not very impressive. as time goes by the ginger and bit of melon started to develop nicely. Very unique. Lasts for quite a long time too

Aysu
Aysu

This does not come close to Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.
I only feel a very strong cucumber smell (a previous poster advised the same!!) as if you sliced the cucumbers and poured ginger on them.. Only this.. I would not like to wear something like that. Nil is the best in Jardin series, Mousson was a disapointment for me.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

The most wearable in Le Jardin Collection. This scent is fresh, simple, fresh, and earthy. It's good, in the summer days.

khaki
khaki

yup i agree. the top note seems quite ordinary, but the middle is surrounded with full of the spicy but not irritative smell. i think it comes from ginger and pepper. just like u'r in an India spicey market. not so fresh after wearing for about one and a half hour, but deeply mysterious.

this perfume is wonderful. it is not like anything else you have worn. termed a 'green' or woody/earthy scent, it smells like grass and trees and maybe a hint of citrus. there are mysterious middle and bottom notes that cannot be easily identified...and even though i am a die-hard fruity/floral perfume junkie, i love this scent.

Un Jardin Apres la Mousson by Hermes 3.77 out of 5 based on 949 ratings and 162 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Un Jardin Apres la Mousson fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Un Jardin Apres la Mousson, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Un Jardin Apres la Mousson by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Un Jardin Apres la Mousson by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.