Designers » F-H » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes for women and men

Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes for women and men
dislike

I have it: 990 I had it: 281 I want it: 931 My signature: 34

Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes for women and men Pictures Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes for women and men Pictures Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes for women and men Pictures

Un Jardin en Méditerranée: conceived as a watercolour, this perfume, composed in 2003 is inspired by a hint of the poetic in the Tunisian garden of Leïla Menchari (Director of displays for Hermès). Like a travel journal, it evokes that paradise-like universe of shade,water and light, based on the theme of a fig tree in the morning and Mediterranean citrus. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot Lemon

Hedera

Un Jardin En Mediterranee Fragrance Reviews

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

These Un Jardin fragrances shoulda been called "Un Jardin Cirtus et Fraiche" or something !

Un Jardin Mediterranee definitely smells very much like freshly-squeezed Hermes citrus rush . That said, in lots of pizzazz.

I like this unique style of fragrance of course. No one can go wrong with being unique. It is not overpowering and not offensive, as it smells very natural.

Great for wear during the day, in the heart of summer and late spring. It does have a nice staying power when worn with your sunscreen !

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

Perhaps someone more educated than I can explain what it is that makes almost all of Jean Claude Ellena's fragrances smell so very "Jean Claude Ellena" I suppose it's just the same way you can tell the difference between Listening to a classic 80s hit and hearing the Glee kids sing one on TV. His signature is so specific but I am not educated enough to put my finger on what it is. Anyway it's the reason why my ex used to gag and snicker "ugh you reek of Hermes"
Unlike my ex I happen to love that "I-don't-know-what". It's fresh a little sour, woody, so stimulating, and unique like Stevie Nicks' voice. It doesn't matter what she sings, you know it's her and not Bonnie Tyler. The Garden Series has it, mostly everything in the Hermessence line has it, the colognes have it, and so on and so on...
Whatever it is, I like it best in THIS fragrance because I find it more consistent here than I do in the other fragrances.
Un Jardin en Mediterranee though it starts out with quite a punch is beautiful and juicy from start to finish. It fades and becomes a bit lighter with time but doesn't disappoint. I love the transition of old Guerlains. Whether they change from beginning to end they don't disappoint by turning huskily dry or sour like many of Jean Claude Ellena's creations. Un Jardin en Mediterranee changes quite subtly if at all and I appreciate that much more than say, Sur Le Nile which becomes a dry boring oriental, Osmanthe Yunnan which turns into dryish leather, or Terre which becomes peppery vetiver and sour juice. Un Jardin may not be groundbreakingly unique, but what it lacks in originality it makes up for with juicy straightforward beauty and the undeniable presence of that "Jean Claude Ellena smell" my ex despised. It is my favorite in the line, hands down.
So, SO perfect for the summertime in Japan.

The first half an hour with this scent on my skin was difficult, because it was quite harsh. Screaming citruses and greens!
However, with time this scent mellows a bit and starts to be pleasant. I can wear its middle and base notes. Not in my style, but acceptable.

leschoux
leschoux

I have a love-hate relationship with Un Jardin En Mediterranee. On good days, I'll like it enough, but on bad days, I steer clear of it like a plague.

It smelled absolutely perfect on paper, but somehow it rarely ever works well on me. It's overwhelming, dizzying and I feel like I'm being enveloped in a cloud of sea salt and sweet figs even with just a spray. This is by far the least-used perfume in my collection because of that reason.

But I can see how it works on some others. Objectively speaking, it's very charming and I remember how much I really loved it on paper: pure magic. It's intriguing. It commands you to smell it again. The best way to describe this is something that has very distinct personality. You can really love it or really despise it.

Overall, a very magical and mysterious perfume, but sadly it rarely ever works for me.

Lana148
Lana148

My favorite fig fragrance. It's more complex then other famous fig fragrances (Fico di Amalfi Acqua di Parma or Philosykos Diptyque). There are some citrus-woody notes that make this fragrance very delicious and well rounded. Simply beautiful - aromatic, sweet & fresh.

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

great perfume great invention , this is my favorite fig perfume after Philosykos by Diptyque , but this one makes me really go my to my village in Lebanon , i feel home wearing it .
So pleasant perfume even if i expected to smell a warm earthy scent but no it was fresh elegant and rich , really the touch of bergamot , lemon and mandarin added too much specially in the beginning ,
it is a very suggested perfume for who likes nature in green & fresh .

appleberry37

love sur le toit and sur le nil.

I loved this scent too on paper....but on my skin it turns totally masculine!!! Yuck! strong male scent

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

Such a beautifully unique fragrance! I have not smelled such a rich, complex, airy fragrance like this before. Sure, I have tried rich ambery vanilla fragrances with spices and incense, but nothing like this. The fig in this fragrances gives me a rich leathery feel almost like dried figs, and the woodiness of the juniper makes everything more robust. I am going to burn through my sample so fast that I really think I should purchase a botle within the coming days. Longevity is around 6 hours, projection is mild, but I don't care! This fragrances smells so good that I cannot dismiss it due to the performance. This is literally the first fragrance that I have smelled that put a smile on my face the second I smelled it. Great Job, Mr. Ellena!

myownflagg
myownflagg

I am very picky about perfumes. Even though I like a lot of them, I find there are very few I can wear without feeling ill or head-achy after a while. But I don't just want to wear citrusy smells all the time, even though those are generally safe for me.

So, I still love to order and test samples. And every once in a while, one in the lot I've sampled makes me go, "Whoa, this is special". It happened with Diptyque's L'ombre dans L'eau and Philosykos and Chanel's Les Exclusifs Sycomore, Bois des Iles, and No 22.

And now it's happened with Un Jardin en Mediterranee. I LOVE this. It's fresh but rich. I just get the sense of something syrupy and thick, but NOT in an overpowering way. I don't mean syrup-y like overt sweetness, but more like tree sap. Naturally sweet tree sap.

Actually, as I wore this throughout the day, I kept getting more of the woody notes, to the point I almost felt this is what a Christmas tree in the Mediterranean would smell like. Don't ask me why. It doesn't make much sense, but that's the image I kept getting.

It's sweeter than Philosykos, and to be honest, I don't know which one I like more. Philosykos is greener and sharper (EDT, haven't tried the EDP), and this has the fig smelling riper. I love both and I can see myself craving both of them on different days.

erkanarda
erkanarda

it is a breath from mediterrean gardens,really...My favourite summer scent for summer.

emi
emi

It's very...vegetable.

moosa1980
moosa1980

beautiful scent gets compliment from every body - i give it:
smell: 10
longevity : 8.5
projection : 8.5

gemma claire
gemma claire

The first time I tried this all I smelled was loamy soil! Like the earth in the garden - then over time the other scents emerged, as if the garden was sprouting & growing right there, at that moment.

I love this. It is amazing.

fingerlicker
fingerlicker

I like it very-very much! I'm tempted to wear it myself, but considering comments here people tend to find it quite feminine. I guess I'd better find a girl who's willing to wear it and tolerate me sniffing her all the time. :)

appleberry37

By the way, I do own sur le nil, which I totally love

appleberry37

Last year I smelled this, smelled great. But I couldn't see myself, 21, wearing it. The smell would fit great for someone from South America or Southern Europe like Italy- somewhere warm climate with someone who has dark skin. I dunno, that was just what I thought-- just like heavy oud reminding me of people in the middle east and india, since a lot of people I know from those area would not buy any perfume that does not smell heavy.

It smelled like.... scent good for use only if I were to visit the beach, which I totally hate. And smelled like a scent good for someone 30 and up.

Last month I smelled it again...smelled too strong and yucky.

Today, I smelled it again at Hermes boutique...and I liked it! I was given paper sealed in small plastic bag so I could smell the middle and base note. I came home and after 6 hours and 12 hours later, I am smelling this and I really like it. I think in the past, I was never interested in woody scent since I never walked into any teenager or women in 20s wearing woody scent. But after roaming niche perfumeries and smelling all sorts of scents, I got used to woody scent :D:D

I know it is so odd that I initially thought the perfume was okay, but not a fit for me, then it smelled so yucky, then finally today it smelled good. But I might try it on my skin a couple times, and perhaps it does fit me.

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

Just sheer perfection for a light bright summer scent. Likely to become a classic for many and I highly recommend anyone pick up a bottle of this stuff, and give it a whirl around the nostrils and try on their skin. Worthy of all the high praise from the members who have commentated.

smellME
smellME

I started to believe , Guerlain isn't for me.
In general they don't seem to klick and conceirning the other jardins -
They did not.
So this was the last one to go................Love !
I wish I tried this from the very beginning...
The citruses are lovely at starters, the oleander is a new note for me but orange flowers I love.
But what strikes me the most is the very nice balance between
the woods and the ffreshness of the citruses .
And the fig together with pistachio really stands out on me ,
almost like a solitare drydown.
The fact that its not too sweet , other than the pistachio-
will make it very wearable this upcoming summer too !
Yeay !

Amazingly interesting scent! This perfume has medicament or herb scent in it. I guess it comes from the fig leaf note.
The fragrance is green and close to nature. Fresh and clean.
I like it a lot, this is a beautiful garden full of amazing scents. Very nice summer fragrance.

preux
preux

So I've been wearing this for about two hours now and I'm cautiously in love. Somehow it's not at all what I expected it to be and yet now I can't think how I could have thought it would be anything different. It's exactly how I would expect a Mediterranean garden to smell. It has a sort of balmy quality mixed in with the cypress, fig leaf and cedar. I haven't gotten much citrus in this wearing, though - I'll have to see if it shows up the next time I try this.

To me it's very much a unisex scent, perhaps leaning a tad towards masculine. As temporalgrace said, it's not so much a perfume as a concentrated version of the smell in a garden. I adore it, I find it very striking.

This is definitely going on my "must buy" list.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

It's not a "wow, what is that lovely smell?" kid of scent, but more of a slightly earthy green scent that creeps in slowly. It doesn't really smell like perfume, but rather the scent that clings to the tips of your fingers after collecting spices from your garden. It's very light and it's fairly pleasant, but fig leaf isn't one of my favorites and this doesn't really grab me.

happyscent
happyscent

Un Jardin en Méditerranée – I like figs and I thought this would WOW me, but meh; well it smells like figs, very light; again diptyque has a better interpretation for figs

rowanwood
rowanwood

It starts out like brushing against the blossoms of a bitter orange (neroli) and sitting on a sun warmed cedar bench, eating a fig dipped in honey, with the almost salty taste of sea water on your lips, as if you'd just dried yourself from a dip in the ocean.

I'm in love.

It does seem very feminine to me, but not 'girly' at all.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I smell mostly bergamot and lemon with some cypress. I find citruses too overwhelming here. It is okay but not a love. Unfortunately, I dropped my decant and it broke, so I will not be able to retest it in the future. On the side note, initially I was not impressed with Eau de Merveilles but it grew on me. However, after one test I decided Un Jardin En Mediterranee is not worth a full bottle for me.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I wanted to like this but it's just so typical and indistinct. It smells like many other fragrances that try to channel the Mediterranean. Lord knows theres hundreds. This smells great but it left no impression on me at all. You got fig, citrus, aqua di Parma blah blah blah

shushkin
shushkin

The salty sea air hits you first then the fig and citrus appear. I dont usually like the fig scent as I usually find it too sweet and heavy but fortunately this doesnt ruin the scent for me at all. Warm musky vanilla then appears before settling down with the juniper and cypress. Cypress is a note that for me always immediately conjures up images of italy. It just had to be in this scent.
This scent amazingly manages to be clean, fresh, warm and deep, all at the same time. The sum of these different notes successfully recreates for me a sunny walk along the sea shore somewhere in the med. Bliss. I was also very impressed on its sillage and longevity. I would agree with the moderate level for both.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

When I first spray this I smell the salty sea air, then carried on that breeze are the scents of citrus and fig. I almost always dislike fig in perfume, but this was not bad. As this develops I smell gorgeous warm and creamy notes, almost like a musky vanilla. And down underneath are deep and masculine woods. Just delectable; this is clean, fresh, warm and deep, all at the same time. It seems to represent exactly what it's creator desired. Just a gorgeous perfume.

kasienka
kasienka

This is the best edition of the Mediterranean garden.
Using them, I feel relaxed and muted.
This amazing scent stimulates my imagination.
Closing my eyes, I imagine that I am surrounded by wild, burned from the sun flowers, grasses and trees.
However, when I open them, I see before me a beautiful, blue-green sea.
Yes. It just smells it.
I can smell the sea trees, azure water and hot sand.
It is quite salty .. maybe this is due to figs?
Anyway, I recommend it for the summer.
It is very natural, and I change the category of herbal and fresh.
It's probably the most from the regions of the Mediterranean climate.
Excellent refreshment for body and soul.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Another wonder of the line.
Mediterranee evokes also a citrus fragrance delicious and natural clearly following this pattern Hermes Un Jardin.
Floral facets together this fresh air until they meet the base fig and cypress / cedar are the ones that appear and join the invigorating touch and how Fico di Amalfi as without milky buttery of Fig and not so dense woody cypress, almost perfection.

FeistyBourbonGirl
FeistyBourbonGirl

Top notes of citrus with bottom notes of cyprus and cedar. Every time I wear this I'm transported to an Italian garden on the seashore.....OMG it's so so lovely. I started to wear it only in the summer, but here it is October and I'm still wearing it. Nice citrus fragrance, but one with some depth. Just adore it!

Molko
Molko

Similar to Nil, but this is sweeter and not that sour, just a little, I recognize the base/style of Hermes, typically, nor too modern like other smells, but neither oldish. Good feeling to wear it in warm climate, refreshes all time and not an offensive smell. The price is high slightly.

rinz09
rinz09

Just perfection. It's sunny, bright, and lovely. Imagine a beautiful forest filled with lemon trees, and fig trees, and in the distance the ocean. That legitimately is what this fragrance smells like to me. Hermes is in my opinion one of the great perfumers of our time. Just classic, well made juice. I highly recommend you pick up a bottle of this stuff, and give it a whirl.

atsa
atsa

This smells unique, but I would have liked it more if it made me smell like a person. Instead, I felt like this made me smell like an empty forest. It has a kind of creepy effect. I walk into a crowded subway or elevator and it's like I just opened up a void, an empty forest just sprouted up in the middle of all these vibrant, alive smelling humans. The perfume does smell alive, but in a plant way, not a human way. Personally, I want a perfume that's comforting and yet not sweet. This one is not sweet, but it's not comforting either.

osiris5

It is really a mystery what some people mean when they state that a perfume is feminine or masculine. There is no such thing. It is only cultural based. and the most fragrances from French, Italian and other south-European perfumers from the early beginnings in the 19th centuries until today, are mostly designers of the most unisex fragrances like Acqua de Parma, Creed, Korres, Hermes, etc. And they are all and sweet and woody or flowery and balmy.
What is typical feminine or masculine is just a cultural thing. With the influence from English and American fragrances this silly division began to take place without any reference or definition of it.
Un jardin en mediterranee is unisex because its a great perfume. It is a reflection of the flowers, woods and blossoms of the Mediterranean domestic flora.

At a glance at the notes prior to sampling this collection I thought this would be my favourite for sure.
To my surprise I didn't like it at all and furthermore I found it very feminine which is strange for a woody fragrance...maybe feminine is a little far but I struggled with it being unisex.
I wouldn't wear this.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

My fiance is from Languedoc-Roussillon, part of the South of France that borders the Mediterranean Sea.
When I spent my summers there I took long walks in the garrigue - the dense, dry low-growing scrubland that surrounds the Mediterranean. Winds blow up from the North of Africa and keeps the South of France hot and dry most of the year. The limestone of the garrigue is mixed with smoky ash and dust from forest fires. Many resinous and aromatic plants grow wild there - thyme, sage, and rosemary, which would release their aromas as they were crushed underfoot and mix with the dry, hot air; smoky ash and limestone dust. Un Jardin en Mediterranee captures the spirit of the garrigue perfectly. A brilliant creation by Mr. Ellena!

osiris5

The first time i got this and sprayed it on my skin it was wow! You can smell this perfume has style. I like especially the top and middle notes. The citric opening is not as citric like Italian perfumes as Acqua di Parma. It is in a way more French a bit classy style. But when the middle notes pop up it is very and really un jardin mediterranee. The orange-blossom like note mixed with the white oleander, wow. And than the sweet Fig-leave scent comes next. Just a pity it doesn't last long. This is the only bad thing. Un jardin en mediterranee is one of the more expensive fragrances on the market but if y like the scent of the Mediterranean flora its great.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i got a sample of this on a whim. it is not a "me" scent at all. I usually go for dark, amber, vanilla, leather, spice, amber scents, not fresh green scents like this, just to clarify. it's summer though and i was testing/smelling scents the other day and got a sample of this.

it is a beautiful scent and i love the fig, but the strong green-aquatic background is too much for me. i think i would love this in a shower gel though, especially in summer. it is very nice and perfect for summer, just not very "me" so i think i will pass this on to a friend :)

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I havn't been to the Mediterranean yet, but I know what a wonderful garden should smell like, this one is exactly, minty herbal scent, refresh my body, refresh my mind.

ibu

finally, i got this.. Wonderful and worth. 100% No guilty feeling... Am from Maldives. ibrahimbinmuhammad@gmail.com

ibu

Wow... Just wow.. what beautiful combination is this. I would love to buy this.. last week i have smelled this one on my way to Sri Lanka. it was from Duty free, and i am stuck.. Still wondering abt it.. if you really want a impact on wise people. Than please have it.
The reason why you have to believe me is, i am the kind of person who mix 3-4-5 perfume daily and use. i know what i am saying. Those who don't understand abt 7th sense may say funny words abt it..This is wonderrrrfulll

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

When Un Jardin en Méditerranée hit the skin, I immediately thought of pine, like what I had encountered in Annick Goutal's Ninféo Mio, which seems to be the fig leaf note that tricked me. I don't get much citrus. It's not aquatic to me, either. It has woodsy and aromatic caracters to my nose, green without sharpness. After about 3 or 4 hours, some creamy fig sweetness surfaces, but never overpowers the woods and aromatic plants. I also get a whiff of rich creamy pistachio at some moments, but it's very subtle.

The sillage is close, but it stays solidly on my skin for about 6 hours, which is really not bad for an EDT in such a hot summer day. While Ninféo Mio has a similar theme but has a lot of other stuff going on, Un Jardin en Méditerranée remains firmly to the fig tree theme and clean. A sort of pick-me-up fragrance, but with excellent quality and interesting caracters.

leizl
leizl

The quintessential fig scent: herbaceous, earthy, woody, and smoky as well - like the smell of a wood burning fireplace the day after it's been used. I love this scent and notice something different about it every time I wear it.

Note: I have Un Jardin En Mediterranee and Un Jardin Sur Le Nil - and while I also like Sur Le Nil, it does not last as long on me as the En Mediterranee. I find En Mediterranee to be more pleasant and interesting.

Gigis
Gigis

Effin' divine. Actually made me swoon...clear bright vignettes catch me with green living cypress, then fades to a mild salty sea breeze, then later bracing herbal freshness. I'm amazed. And all this with a light touch appropriate even for the closed confines of a cubicle. Beautiful and to me unlike any other scent I've tried.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This is my favorite so far in the Hermes Jardin series. It's soft, sweet like an herbal candy, and multidimensional. The smell keeps evolving, and I catch different wifts throughout the day. Sometimes I get the cypress, other times orange blossom, and, although not listed, I even get fleeting rosemary and lavender...The fig tree is ever present and bring a sweet/sour but gentle note.

The whole composition is a well balanced, enchanting mix of aquatic and aromatic notes.

It feels like a bright sunny day, standing on a green hill surrounded by wild flowers and ferns, looking into the horizon over sparkling deep blue meditererranee sea...

jamjazz
jamjazz

for me this is the most interesting one from this series! lovely grass, woody, aromatic scent, refreshing and invigorating all the way!

xVal
xVal

Too woody for my taste, smells like a strong herbal tea.
Although, reminds me of something magical.
Sophisticated, and smells nothing like any other perfume, just not my cup of tea.

racka64
racka64

Bad chemistry I guess, because after the initial freshness of FIG TREE (I loved this part), I smell nothing else but earthy and dry cypress, and the whole composition turns out to be too masculine on me. I gave a 'like' cos this frag would be really nice on the right person or on a guy :) truelly unisex.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Mmm, I'm on the fence with Un Jardin En Mediterranee. There is no doubt that it is from the Hermes house. For sure, this one is not as strong as Terre d' Hermes but it has that same earthy dna that we associate with the Terre d' Hermes fragrance.

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Great fragrance for spring/summer. A little salty, a little green, and hint of something that comes across as melon. 4-6 hours longevity, and is pretty safe to wear anywhere in the summer/spring. Smells very natural and works great in hot weather. I especially like this fragrance on warm rainy days in the spring/summer. I wear this fragrance to work 2-3 days a week depending on my mood. I recommend give this one a try.

cmmr
cmmr

Smells fresh, salty, slightly sweet. I always think of champagne and figs when I smell it. Great spring/summer fragrance.

nazza28
nazza28

This is not a perfume for the masses, it is highly unusual and continues to intrigue me every time I smell it. This is raw and fresh crunchy green leaves, makes me feel like I am underneath a citrus tree in a Mediterranean garden on a warm summers day, just crunching leaves in your hand and letting the smells around drift past your nose. It's so fresh and tart it inspires the imagination...

rzetzm
rzetzm

Hermes created four little jewels when thinking of their garden concepts. To those of us who don't speak French, here we have "Un Jardin en Mediterranee" or 'Mediterranean garden.' I think it lives up to it's name. It manages to be fruity and very crisp, while leaving a fine layer of musk like silk on your skin.

This sweet little emerald-blue bottle remains faithful to the concept: a garden on the water. Nice touch. Or maybe it's the rising sun over the endless ocean view... I suppose that depends on how well you are at daydreaming...

I think what I enjoy most about this concoction is that it's got the best of both worlds: it's got some woods with the juniper berry and cedar, definitely some floral notes and fruitiness with it's crisp, somehow very juicy? citrus notes, and the fig leaf and musk helps ground everything and gives depth. Some aquatic notes to my nose, as well.

Smelling this makes my mouth water initially! A very delicious scent to inhale. I've yet to smell this on someone but this - to me - is like a summer gourmand. And I eat it up!

Sarrya
Sarrya

My boyfriend wears this perfume. The first time I ever sniffed it on him, I fell in love. I'm pretty sure it's played a pretty big part in building the attraction that started my relationship; that's how good it is. It smells exquisite on a man, and so very unique, so different than any other fragrances for men. It's woody and herbal, without being too grass-y (like Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, which smells an awful lot like freshly picked dill and grass). The freshness is balanced by an airy sweetness which prevents it from becoming tangy. It smells like summer and rain, relaxed and sophisticated. I made my boyfriend swear he'll keep wearing this perfume until the end of his days.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

It smells beautiful. Of trees and summers and sea! It's like taking a walk through an aromatic mediterranean garden right beside the  azure blue waters of the Sea. The garden has some cool shady spots nestled under the ancient fig trees with their deep green fragrant leaves.The air in the garden is still, thick and humid  with the scents synonymous with this region. Cyprus,  red cedar, aromatic herbs, figs,  orange blossoms. Mesmerising.  It is more of a mood than a fragrance. Opens up very fresh with hints of citrus  and  figs. You must like figs to truly appreciate this scent as it dominates all the other notes right from the start. The fig note in it is not cloyingly sweet, but has a perfect balance between the sweetness of the big purple fruit, the dry bark and deep, balmy leaves, which makes it a perfect unisex fragrance.  The heart is aromatic, with cedar, figs and orange blossom mixed in with a tinge of salty sea spray.  After 8+ hours I can still smell the end notes of musk and woods. Thank you Mr. Ellena for taking me along on this magical olfactory journey. Loved every minute of it. A poetic sublime scent.

Joan Marie Bauman
Joan Marie Bauman

This is one of my all-time favorite perfumes. I must be made for it, as it smells good on me at any and all hours, in any season, though especially in the three warmer seasons. I discovered it shortly after it came out. We were told that it would be only a Special One-year Limited Edition! So I bought 10 bottles! Good thing, for the price has risen dramatically, and the shelf life of my 10 bottles is admirably long! Then, everybody and his dog fell head over heels in love with this exquisite jus, and not only did Hermès keep it going, they expanded the line with the three more recent "Un Jardin" series.
There were two very dark years in my life when so many things went awry. At many a moment, I felt that the deep, optimism of this sunshiny glorious scent was like a life-line for me. It kept me going. I always had a small bottle in my purse, and used it quite liberally as a mood booster. Which it did! It always makes me smile when I spray it on and waft it into my being. Such joy, and such fortitude. This is real aromatherapy.
Now that life smiles with me again, I still use it, and am delighted that it brings new joys, without bringing memories of a very sad phase. Admirable!
All through that period, I imagined writing to J.C. Ellena to let him know what immense good his wonderful efforts had brought to me! Never did it! But maybe now I will anyway!
From a sheerly normal standpoint, I can say that I have always received RAVE reviews from all those near me when I wear this scent. Total strangers come up to me to say, "Madame, Your perfume is marvelous! How well it suits you!" It doesn't get any better than that!!!!!

qalupatra
qalupatra

Very disappointing with longitivity. Maximum an hour. Disgusting for the price of $128!!! Smell is nice anyway.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

When I first sampled this fragrance, I loved it.. but after buying and wearing it awhile - it began to give me a slight wheezing type asthma type response. Even though I initially liked it, I wound up taking the fragrance back to the store.

It is a very clean, oceanic type fragrance. I love the crispness and uniqueness of this. It is very upper crust. It is a shame that I had a reaction to the chemistry of this because I truly LOVE this fragrance!

antfarm
antfarm

A sparkling citrus fragrance rounded out by the smooth woodiness of fig.

Very fresh and clean without smelling sterile, but still kind of run-of-the-mill. It smells "nice" like shampoo.

Doesn't really persuade me to love it, but at the same time I can't see how anyone could be offended by it either.

rachelcerq
rachelcerq

Words cannot express how much I love this perfume. I've reached for it for so many times and on so many occasions that it has by default become my signature scent. I can wear this anywhere and in any season. I've worn it to formal events, meetings, dates, parties, concerts, and while traveling. It brings levity to winter nights, and freshness to summer days.

Jardin en Mediterranee balances bright and sweet, without being sharp and metallic, or cloying and sickeningly sweet. It subtly catches the attention of those near you, communicating sophistication and beauty --without jumping out and yelling it.

What I love most is that you detect the purity and singularity of the notes, each balancing the other. From the energetic burst of top notes, to the beautiful dry down, I'm in love with every part of this perfume. A true 5/5.

flkirkland
flkirkland

Another great fig frag. Similar in many ways to Parma's Fico, this has a much more pronounced bergamot on top and not as much lemon. Really nice spring and summer day smell. Refreshing and is an experience as much as a frag.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

What I adore most about this scent is how easily it rounds out my perfume wardrobe; it's different from anything I've ever smelled. It's the distinct wooden open, so unique. Beneath the wood is green, almost Bvulgari Green Tea green. My only hesitation in keeping this scent is that it doesn't keep on the skin. It's too close to the skin, and whatever unique wood notes pull me in, leave me hanging, wishing they stuck around longer.

Cams
Cams

My 9 year old daughter thinks this smells like rotten carrots and begged me not to buy it :) I tested it again and while I disagree with the rotten carrot opinion I didn't love it. On the right skin this will shine and I'm sad it doesn't work on me.

danda74
danda74

After 10 years I still love this essence: it makes me feel good!
Green fresh spicy and different from anything else.
Tastes of aromatic herbs I may use in my kitchen, wrapped in a magical sea wind and meeting citrus.
Truly a mediterranean garden full of its most delicious fragrances!
A perfect creation

Karenin
Karenin

After much consideration which fragrance to choose as my spring/summer 2013 scent, I´ve opted for "Un Jardin en Méditerranée" (UJeM) from Hermes. What drew me to this fragrance at first were some of its notes, most specifically the combination of fig tree, lemon, orange blossom, white oleander and musk. By far the most dominant of these is the fig tree note, which to me seems to have a woody-fruity character. You simply must like figs in order to appreciate this fragrance. The citric notes are also detectable in the initial phases of UJeM´s development, followed by tender renditions of cypress and cedar. The base is virtually all about musk. As for its longevity, it is slightly above average for a summer fragrance, but still a few reapplications might be required.

Jean-Claude Ellena´s signature is undeniable from the second the juice lands on your skin. UJeM is refreshing, clean and relatively straightforward (which is not to say linear). I actually bought UJeM in the beginning of February with the sole intention of brightening up the cold and dull days of this year´s Central European winter. I´m pleased to announce it´s lived up to my expectations. Now I´m looking forward to trying it out in spring and summer.

To sum up, UJeM is a true delight to wear and a must-try for all Hermes and Ellena aficionados.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

(Thanks for swap@Mimmi!)

This is stillness and the breeze on an island hilltop that carries the scent of sun-warmed trees and herbs. If Ninfeo Mio is earthy - sun baked soil and juice of green leaves, Jardin en Mediterranee is the air of a Mediterranean garden. The citrus is freshly squeezed and transparent.

I can't imagine anything more suited to a walk in the hills of a Greek Island, or lazily drifting in a little wooden boat in an azure bay. To my mind this perfume could only be worn with a muslin dress, a pure white linen shirt or similar.

There's no coconut-like fig note to this - it's almost entirely savoury, but the dry-down is gently floral with a light touch of Hermes class

Fig is an interesting note when used in fragrance. Often it can smell milky, tarty, fruity or green. Despite the fact that I love the natural scent of a fig tree, I cannot seem to find its perfume equivalent. Demeter's Fig Leaf was the only fragrance that came even remotely close, however it failed to last on me.

My ultimate hunt for the perfect fig scent led me to Jean-Claude Ellena's Un Jardin En Mediterranee. Even though it wasn't exactly what I was looking for, I enjoyed it all the same.

Un Jardin En Mediterranee opened with a refreshing burst of watery citrus. At the very beginning, this scent had an oceanic feel. I could almost taste the sea breeze. However the more this fragrance developed on the skin, the more it began to smell like a typical, 'garden-like' Ellena/Hermes creation.

In the heart I was able to detect a whisper soft orange blossom note, which provided a hint of feminine, floral creaminess. The drydown was surprisingly woodsy, with cypress, fig leaf, musk and cedar. This is where Un Jardin En Mediterranee is at its most masculine.

To be completely honest, I probably wouldn't reach for Un Jardin En Mediterranee on a really hot Summer's day. The green and woodsy base would more than likely be too heavy under such conditions. Instead I recommend this fragrance for Spring and mild Summers.

Un Jardin En Mediterranee lasted quite well on my skin. I also found it a lot more pleasing than Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.

polecat
polecat

The literal scent translation of standing in a beautiful Mediterranean garden. It really is! I get beautiful cypress and fresh leafy earthiness mainly, with hints of citrus.

A stunning fragrance.

raw umber
raw umber

The best fig so far. I tested Un Jardin en Mediterranee for two years before pulling the trigger on a FB, so I could take the time to really see what was happening within this fragrance. In that time I also sampled: JM's Wild Fig and Cassis, L'Artisan's Premier Figuier, Philosykos by Diptyque, and Fico Di Amalfi by Acqua Di Parma. This one trumps the rest in my opinion, because it is less of a fragrance than a mood. It is sublimely melancholy. It's resting on a bench in early Spring when it's just warm enough to relax outside so long as you stay in the Sun. Longevity is quite good and sillage is moderate.

The fig, and the garden are present, but they aren't in your face, they aren't too green, too milky sweet, or too pungent. They are just being, and you're invited to "just be " along with them. The vibration of this fragrance is not excessively bright or active. It is profoundly restful, almost to the point of something like sadness, but not exactly. It is more like a base line for being. Sun and shadows and tomatos. (and figs).

Juma
Juma

A big No No for me, like UJ Mousson- I don't like needle trees, nore bitter figue leaf in this fragrance.

I own and adore Hermes UJSD Nil, fresh citruses, tomato, mango, it's classy brightness and freshness in the bottle, meanwhile here I smell some rotten vegetables with hints of citruses.
It has to be my chemistry.

Jellybean
Jellybean

What a gorgeous composition! Warm, sweet, woods and gourmandy scent. Introduction - lots of figs, then cedar and juniper, powerful trio here; smells even better than I thought it would.
I agree with previous reviewers, this is warm and sunny, spot on.
I really like the beginning, wish it would stay like that till the end, but it changes.
It dries down to juniper, citrus and some oakmoss.
I find that to be a common theme with Hermes scents, citrus and oakmoss for the end.

ladynaqua
ladynaqua

This is not an easy to review perfume . It is unisex, I actually found out lately it was and that is great cause now I can enjoy its smell on my hubby :) I find this perfume very sexy , sunny , warm , sunny and warm , must be the citrus and cedar effect , donno , it is complex but it doesnt change its nature or transforms into different notes as it developes .. it remains warm, delicious citrus cedar, maybe vanilla and something salty in there as well but just the right amount of salt .. finally plus the fact that it is warm, sunny it is downright sexy ...

negativemojo
negativemojo

deffinitley get your hands on this before its gone! love this fragrance, even though its unisex. i rate this 8/10

Scrilla
Scrilla

I was very fortunate to receive a decant of this in a swap. I had smelt it before but not had the chance to wear in and learn the scent. Now that I have, I love it. It is one of my new favourites. The initial citrus burst quickly melds into the cedar scent. The cedar is so strong and clear in the opening and I love that smell. The opening also lasts for a long time. I realize it is strange that it opens with cedar but that is what I smell, regardless of how the notes are listed. The cedar gently blends in with the floral notes, yet they aren't very "flowery" if you know what I mean, just a hint of sweet (the oleander?) that melds into the deeper sweetness of the fig leaf. The dry down is sweet and airy fig and cypress that lasts for much longer than I've experienced with other Hermes. I love it! I keep reaching for the bottle and when my decant is done I'm buying a 100 ml bottle!

Edit: I sprayed this on my shirt an the initial citrus lasted well over 6 hours. The next morning (19 hours later) I smell mostly sweet, acquatic fig leaf with a touch of cedar.

Edit: I just received my 100ml in the mail. After almost 6 months I was still craving this scent.

isenseincense
isenseincense

If you were to live in a small whitewashed cottage in the hills above the med this is the smell that each afternoon would bring. If you don't, this is the next best thing.

This is for a summers day that needs enhancing and god knows we have a lot of those.

Love at first sniff - on my third bottle and planning many many more.

Tried some of the others Jardins and this is by far the masterpiece!

edit june 14 -Now on my fifth bottle - it is utterly divine! Nothing come close to this it is perfection!

blue_belle
blue_belle

I'm in love with this one. It's very strong at first, but it mellows down quickly to be a clean, peppery citrus smell. I've never worn anything quite like it.

A great perfume for summer for those who want to get away from fruity florals!

chohe1275
chohe1275

I don't know how to describe my feelings for this. Well, actually, I don't wear it. Or I should rather say, I can't stand a specific spice from the first note, maybe a red cedar. I don't know.

However, I bought this to my father as a birthday present, and love to snuggle up to him whenever he is wearing it, which is almost everyday.

One nauseous note I personally don't like cannot eclipse the true greatness of this exquisite masterpiece of Ellena. I know it's weird, but this is simply my favorite in the summer even though I am never going to wear this.

angBrown
angBrown

This is my summer standby. I can't wear anything with any sweetness in the summer because I live in Georgia and I just end up smelling like somebody dumped raspberry jam on me at the picnic. Un Jardin en Mediterranee is the only thing with a little fruit that I can wear -- the lemon never smells candied because of the cypress and cedar, and the juicy fig is only evident after a few hours, and only directly on my skin, never in the sillage. My husband also wears it sometimes -- it is amazing on him. The woody notes are more evident and it's really fresh. It doesn't last as long on him though.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Big disappointment for me, after waiting so long to try. This is not a feminine fragrance IMHO. I did not detect any citrus top notes, and it quickly disintegrated into something "peppery", which I found unpleasing.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

It's a bloody mary! I get tomato, celery, salt... yum. Very fresh.

Valeriarguello
Valeriarguello

True jem in Ellena's list of creations, so fresh, classy, clean. It smells of fig, and leafy. Very european scent, simple yet elegant.

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

My skin does not fit with some scents of citrus notes. However, this causes a chemical great!! Recommended for hot and dry days. The aroma is woody and thicker compared to the "Jardin Sur Le Nil" and "Jardin Sur Le Toit". Scent of great refinement ...

Minha pele não combina com alguns perfumes de notas cítricas. No entanto, este provoca uma química maravilhosa!!! Recomendado para dias quentes e secos. O aroma é mais encorpado e amadeirado em comparação ao "Jardin Sur Le Nil" e ao "Jardin Sur Le Toit". Perfume de muito requinte...

sempersurfer
sempersurfer

I'm a guy and originally thought that this was a mans frag, or at least unisex when i ordered a sample.

Let me first of start with stating that i enjoy this fragrance. The fresh "green" note is evident right up front as a top note and is reminiscent of fresh cut green stems of a plant, but the sharpness is mellowed by fig which takes over as the dry down occurs.

Pros: A great scent that I (as a guy) would wear as a summer scent, but could see a female wearing this year round).

Cons: Longevity is on the lighter side of moderate to this nose..

Buy or not buy??: BUY if you can get a deal on this scent. personally i would not pay full retail, however i think it is a better alternative to some of the other fig scents such as ACQUA DI PARMA FICO DI AMALFI and PHILOSYKOS, by diptyque. It is more complex then both and has both better sillage and better projection. The almond, pistachio and fig are well balanced and in this noses opinion lack the coconut note that Diptyque imparts on it's product and is more complex then the linear FICO DI AMALFI.

gmstrack
gmstrack

So far I’ve tried two fragrances from the Hermes jardin line: un jardin sur le nil and un jardin en mediterranee. Both fragrances open with a blast of bright, clean citrus and immediately one can understand that these are sibling composition. The perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena, has cleverly crafted beautiful outdoor scenery full of depth and hidden treasures.

Un jardin sur le nil begins by presenting a beautiful green mango (with grapefruit) that dominates the composition. After 5-30 minutes on the skin, other aspects of the garden politely appear; most notably a holographic carrot flickers in and out. As the plants in the garden start to fade out, the base of musky-incense takes over and the floral aspect gains power.

Un jardin en mediterranee opens with citrus and beautiful, sweet evergreen. The fig is noticeable, but not remarkable. What is remarkable is the ghost of a salty sundrenched tomato permeating the entire garden. Although it takes longer for this composition to fade down (almost 2 hours), the remaining base notes are very similar those of a jardin sur le nil.

There is no denying Ellena’s genius; I can close my eyes and feel the sun and the gentle breeze in the salty air. My main issue with both jardins is how the fragrance develops over time on the skin. In both cases, the garden falls apart in an hour or two and all we are left with is a generic musky-perfume base. The garden is in perfect harmony when tested on paper ($) and this is usually a good sign that development on the skin will be either linear or result in disjointed decomposition. Both fragrances display characteristics of the latter, making the experience a little disappointing. I prefer un jardin en mediterranee because I love evergreen notes and I wonder if the addition of the woody basenotes of cedar could extend the dry down.

Un jardin sur le nil: 2.5/5
Un jardin en mediterranee: 3.5/5

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Unique for sure! To me it smells on tomato leaf right from the very beginning with some bitter herbs or leaves. No sweetness (comparing to Sur le Toit) and I like it. From all Jardin collection this one truly reminds on vegetable-herbal garden.

nefret
nefret

There is a warm, spicy woodsiness to this that makes me reach for it more frequently than any other of my current fragrances. It is delicious and, though unisex, never gives me a moment's worth of self-consciousness.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This is very similar to Diptyque's l'Ombre dans l'eau without the rose, if that makes sense, and a little less sour because it does not have blackcurrants like l'Ombre.

If you like Philosophykos but it is a little to "figgy" for you, I strongly recommend un Jardin en mediterranee. It is lovely and fresh.

Jayne58
Jayne58

I've tried several of the Jardin's, but this is by far my favourite. So airy, green and utterly refreshing. I used to like Philosykos, until the coconut aspect of fig became too much and I traded away my bottle. In uJeM, this aspect seems much better controlled. This is almost as good as a holiday in Crete (well, no it's not, but it's a lot less expensive and doesn't come with a retsina hangover).

Alive
Alive

Hands down (again) to Jean Claude Ellena for this masterpiece. It's incredibly amazing how this scent can change your mood (in a good way), it's sweet but not too sweet, green, fresh, aromatic and very unisex. Women like it a lot, and I do of course. This will always be in my collection, an incredible scent :)

I'm not sure what I like more: this fragrance or its notes pyramid. The notes pyramid is really Mediterranean!

This fragrance is interesting for sure. Most of all I feel the mix of the citrusy and fig notes. It reminds me more green fig scent.

It's awesome for the hot weather: fresh enough, not sweet and reminds about Mediterranean seashore nature if you're not there at the moment of using it. Even only this fact is enough to like it:) But it really smells good. Maybe the best fig fragrance.

I like this fragrance! It's unusual enough and complex! And I like how it looks in its bottle:)

leorine
leorine

The strong notes are fig tree, mediterranean mastic, bergamot.

VivienneElena
VivienneElena

I really admire the incredibly finely crafted fragrances from this house. Even the ones I don't personally care for are obviously designed with great care by sophisticated noses.

Speaking of sophisticated, this scent is complex, warm, intriguing, and overall, a delight to the senses. It is also the warmest fragrance I would happily wear in the summer...even the citrus in this juice is sun-drenched.

It opens with sharp green, vegetal, and almost licorice accords (bit this is just the "unripened" fig you get in the heart and drydown of the fragrance). It soon opens up to a woody, spicy, and sweet sun-dappled stroll down a pine-needle strewn path. It is soft but complex, balmy--but without the creme of white flowers, and sunny without the sharpness of too much citrus or the overripe cloy of a gourmand. It is incredibly sexy in it's own right, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something for summer that is natural and easy to wear without being overly simple or too soapy, citrus, or floral.

As with all house Hermes, sillage is wonderful as is longevity.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

I have a few fragrances from Hermès and I love their Un Jardin line. I got a few samples of this from Hermès and I am so pleased to report that it is fantastic. So fresh and perfectly blended. I am becoming a die-hard fan for Hermès because everything they make is created to perfection, and that comes through in this fragrance. Although it is an EDT it lasts FOREVER. With one spray on my arm (in a short sleeved t-shirt) on a summer day it lasted WELL over 8hrs. That is with only one spray. I only imagine that if I had an entire bottle to spray myself with it would project incredibly. I love this fragrance and I'm now contemplating purchasing a bottle. Bravo Hermès.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Vegetal and herbal, a bit green. Smells distinctive, like dried rosemary, thymus, salvia and oregano together. Put it on and go to the italian trattoria for dinner.

Brankica
Brankica

Such a delicacy, a true masterpiece. Best unisex fragrance I've ever encountered, although I haven't yet encountered a man wearing it. Absolutely LOVE IT!

Pink_Petal
Pink_Petal

Only recently I discovered the "jardin" range by Hermes. Un Jardin en Mediterranee is my 3d purchase of the range, just arrived today. I was really hoping I would like it as it was a blind purchase, but I absolutely LOVE it!!! On the first spray it is fig and wood, very strong and is more of a masculine entrance than feminine. Then I rub my wrists together and something happens- fig is still strong, but citrus starts to come through, making it more delicate and feminine...you would laugh, but after rubbing it, the scent develops differently on each wrist! One is still strong with fig, whereas the other is soft and rather sweet:)This scent reminds me very much of standing in the middle of the pine woods on Ibiza! truly mediterranian smell- smell of wood under the sun heat, dry grass, citruses, fig leaves...it is simply great. Don't be afraid that this scent might be described as overly masculine- not true. It is not the ususal "sweet compote" so loved by many women, it is something that will get you noticed and make stand out. I will wear it with pride:) thank you, Hermes!

gracious
gracious

Great perfume, elegant but not entirely female. It has long-term. I think it's best to try before you buy

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

un tuffo nella macchia mediterranea!!
Anche i colori della boccetta richiamano quelli di una giornata d'estate piena di sole nel sud dell'Italia

Aks
Aks

Just bought....and m loving it

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I love this perfume. It is beautiful in the bottle and on my skin.

bjkeough
bjkeough

Un Jardin En Mediterranee is OK, it's not for me. I tried to like this one and used a sample from Nordstrom's and it's just too masculine for my taste. What did I do? I bought the full size bottle but it was only sprayed one time. Darn it, I thought this would grow on me so I tossed the box. I think this has too much Cypress, Lime and Amber notes and not enough floral, it's lacking something I can't figure out for me not to like this and wear it. This has been a live and learn situation, and an expensive one until it's traded or sold.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

This fragrance is truly capable of pulling you out of your environment and propelling you into a new one. It is so leafy and woody that you can close your eyes to smell the leaves and life around you. Mushy moss, filling figs, and outstanding outdoor notes that I have not encountered in fragrance. It does not smell feminine or masculine, it smells strictly atmospheric. It is green, vegetal, and herbal without being a salad. I don't get the citrus notes as much as I do the prominence of sweet figs with a tea-like nuance. The lasting power is exceptional and whenever I have been complimented on this scent it is usually followed with a statement about its originality.

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Wandering around the stores smelling my wrists, back of hands, forearms even each of my fingers where I had sprayed all the Woody Citrus Green perfumes I could find! nothing grabbed me, nothing was gorgeous just OK..
One more try in the exclusive perfume section of John Lewis and I fell in love. This was IT. Gorgeous, unusual, soft, feminine and masculine, Winter or Summer, Day or Night, this one is going to be hard to better. I can smell clean Fig and citrus but not sharp citrus, this is soft warm citrus wood.
Once I spray this one on I cannot stop wanting to put my wrist to my nose so I can breathe in its wonderful warm clean soft aroma. Simply Stunning.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I finally had a chance to sample all of the 'Jardin' perfumes by Hermes. So many people have already expressed their affection for this perfume, but I have to add yet another. Un jardin en Mediteranee is green perfection. This is such a poetic and sublime scent that it felt like a second skin when I put it on. There isn't a single note in the perfume this is out of place.

The citrus is refined and subdued; the juniper and cypress are wet and steamy and exuding resin and warmth. the fruity green of fig leaf is definitely the star of the creation, bringing a full-bodied undertone to the evergreens, all braided together and rising out of a morning mist.

Being a northerner, I can't really say if Un Jardin en Mediteranee is an accurate scent-depiction of that region of the world, but it certainly captures the senses and brings to mind beautiful mornings in the sun. Such a glorious creation for those of us who love green scents.

Seriously, this was nothing but fig all the way, and a little bit of spice. Womanity is a much nicer take on figs and is a better perfume to get that sun-baked Mediterranean feeling. This fragrance seems to be missing a note, something to give it more depth and more olfactory interest. It's too spicy to be an aquatic and it's too aquatic to be floral. I think it's some kind of identity crisis and doesn't really know what kind of perfume it wants to be.

polunata
polunata

This is "my" perfume, was looking for it for a very long time- a little bit masculine, but still not too aggressive.The only fragrance which doesn't smell too sweet or citrusy on me, I like it so much.
However, it smells even better on my boyfriend:)

bagusperfume
bagusperfume

love this perfume ....
i always use it when go to work.
suitable for me too .. :)

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

For me, Jardin en Mediterranee is the masterwork of the Jardins series.

The main fig note is sharp and strong right from the first spray and lasts all the way through to the drydown. Other notes in the composition are not as immediately apparent, and I'm not sure how many people are familiar with fig wood. On paper (and on my wife) there is a feminine garden theme here that is pleasant and unique but not special.

On my skin, however, Mediterranee becomes woodier and slightly alcoholic. Whiskey in oak barrels, a Maker's Manhattan with a slice of fig in place of the cherry. There is just enough floral to keep this unisex in feel, but I feel manly wearing it (I don't know a lot of women who want to smell like they have been drinking bourbon before dinner.)

Mediterranee is distinctive and beautifully done. It also smells very differently on different body types. And since most men will give this a pass on first sight of the pretty bottle, or first whiff on paper, I feel confident I am wearing my figuey whiskey barrel scent all alone in the world, which I like.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

Really original, fresh almost minty on the beginning, few hours later, it smells like regular scents losing the unique feeling. Anyway, I used that fragance many months, but know i find The one to replace it , pentachord verdant by andy tauer , which is sublime!

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Having lived a long time in that region, I confirm that Mediterranean vegetation can smell like this. However, the scent is so concentrated, it's to the power 100, at the point which becomes suffocating. I love the smell of figs (both the fruits and the tree, which are actually quite different). But for me, this is just too much, it's screaming: I smell like a fig tree! I can't think of an occasion to be able to wear this. The only usage for me would be whenever I become nostalgic for this type of smell, to pull out the bottle. But even then, I will have to wait at least half an hour, so that it's more or less bearable.

Grottola

Revising my review of this.

I can't help but feel that Mediterranee is Ellena's second foray into tea-like fragrances after his work for Bulgari. Although not listed, there's definitely a tea-like note in there, woven in with some crisp saline aromas and buttery fig leaves, as if the waves are hitting the shore of a sunny Italian orchard. While the notes list looks absolutely tantalizing (Pistachio? Red Cedar?), I mostly get a fresh citrus/fruity scent with a tea accent. I actually find cedar to have a somewhat fruity, berry/tea sort of aroma on its own, so I'm probably getting that as well. The longevity is better than expected - 5 to 6 hours on my skin.

Overall, out of all the Jardin's, this is the one to get. I'll have to spend some more time with it, but I'll probably end up buying a bottle eventually.

id
id

The best from the series of "Jardin". Smell of fig, cypress and cedar with a nice bouquet made of citruses lifts me up every time I choose to wear it. Best for autumn, for foggy mornings, rainy days and quiet evenings. This season is the best for this fragrance to develop on my skin. Longevity is quite good as for EDT concentration, about 6 hours for me. I use it more than two years and I haven't got bored yet.

Spicy
Spicy

I wouldn't call it sexy but its very unusual, actually like all jardins. A bit grassy and salty, I really feel the breathe of sea air in it, fantastic!

fraxxxi
fraxxxi

this is my favourite "jardin"..it reminds my childwood, the nature of the seaside in Italy

Mimmi
Mimmi

Isn't this the perfect scent for northerners like me, to use in the darker and colder seasons? It brings to life the memory of beautiful sundrenched coasts, with fig trees and cypresses and nuances of juicy citruses and their bitter rinds. In the shadow of the trees occasional white flowers are sweetening the fresh air, and there is a note of nutty musky creaminess in the background.
Guys, put this on before You go to work with the morning train through the dark and rain. You will see stars in the eyes of Your fellow commuters! Its the smell of the little private beach You find on the wild shore somewhere on Your holiday at the Mediterean. Far from stress, pollution and coco-screaming suntans. I love this on my husband, and I like very much to use it myself. Medium longetivity, interesting nuances and a sillage that is moderate. Wonderful!

MaryMR
MaryMR

This scent makes me feel warm and wonderful. It does not have the sharp tang and cloying sweetness that are the hallmark of so many scents. It lasts well and sometimes I can sense it in the air, quite by surprise, when my body warms up or the weather is warm; that's when I smile.

browneyes55
browneyes55

wont make me feel sexy but it smells soo awesome, maybe it would be sexy on a guy... its really smells like the great outdoors in a natural rich way

Grottola

VERY pleasant fresh scent with a tea-like fig aroma. It has decent staying power. Not something I'd buy, though.

adianty
adianty

My voyage to the country Hermes continues ....
This time by chance I had to buy Un Jardin En Mediterranee, though absolutely in love with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.
On my account 7 vials Sur Le Nil and a 1 bottle Un Jardin Apres la Mousson, which I unfortunately did not like - melon, melon ..... note, that a perfume is not love.
And today - a new tasting .... Bought unsniffed, hoping that Hermes will not deceive my expectations.
First impressions - WoooooooW! It's a blast!! Spices ..... painful and medicine ..... Tomatoes? Pepper? Dill? Carrot? Rosemary? powerful and masculine, much more masculine than Sur Le Nil .... 30 minutes - the sweetness and bitterness .... subtle sweetness, but not sugariness! oleander? bitterness of wormwood? cedar? dried herbs? Citrus ... and now (late at 10 hours) I caught the faint, sweet scent ... Musk?
Surprising, Unusual. I do not find it in moisture of the forest, I think that this flavor is dry, hot sun warmed the earth, mixed with a wonderful scent of exotic flowers unknown to me.
In cool climates my Baltic *Un Jardin En Mediterranee* is a stranger, but it fills my heart with sunshine and joy. I feel young and happy.
Very durable and intensive scent (dosed with caution!). More male than female. Smells expensive. But what is it? Headache...((( Probably just a coincidence, I'll watch
Un Jardin En Mediterranee vs Un Jardin Sur Le Nil ?
My choice Sur Le Nil!
OMG ! Mr. JC Ellena, you will bankrupt me!)

SedativeFlower
SedativeFlower

Today it's gone. And I feel so sad about it! This is one of the most interesting and unique perfume in my opinion. I personally have never tried anything similar to it. Very strange and very sophisticated freshness, bitterness, sensuality. It's positioned as a unisex scent. But this perfume makes me feel (a woman!) very sexy and feminine, no a single association with something masculine...
A magnificent bottle. It's such a pleasure to have it in your hands!
Definitely, I will buy again this Jurdin. One of my all-time favorites, really "me".

vlazik
vlazik

hello, is there anybody who things that original scent from 2003 was different than the one which is sold now?

glamgirl
glamgirl

I would absolutely love this scent... except for the initial sharp, acrid note that I just cannot get over. Otherwise it's heaven. :(

bubbles
bubbles

Very unusal scent, but its beautifully made! I love it! I can't seem to get enough of it! Hermes is a love it or hate it for me!

caliking
caliking

IMAGINE WALKING THROUGH A FOREST, FULL OF CEDAR

TREES, AFTER VERY HEAVY RAINFALL :)

THIS CEDAR FOREST IS ALSO FULL OF FLOWERS,LOTS OF

PURPLE FLOWERS, LIKE LILAC AND VIOLETS

(AND EVEN HONEYSUCKLE)

Aromaticus
Aromaticus

Sinceramente, todavía no se si me gusta o no esta fragancia.
La he llevado en varias ocasiones y me provoca sentimientos contradictorios, a veces me encanta su aroma ligeramente amargo, y otras veces no lo puedo soportar.
Aunque es cierto que huele a Mediterraneo, yo mas que jardín lo percibo como una pradera reseca y agostada por el sol, huele a hierbas secas, entre las que sobrevive una higuera.
Tal vez por ser un aroma tan asociado a mi propia tierra, a mis veranos calurosos, a este Sol que todo lo quema, cuando la llevo puesta siento CALOR, MUCHO CALOR, no me parece nada refrescante.
Volveré a probar llevarla en invierno.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

For me, this is fragrance from Un Jardin series which doesn't make butterfly in my stomach! Even though, I do like Sur le Nil and Apres la Mousson, but Mediteranee is really fit to body odor. Feeling warm and fresh at the same time by wearing this perfume. Great!

update:
finally I bought big bottle of this fragrance. After wearing it a whole, I really appreciate the genius craftsmanship of Mr. Ellena. It is really nice perfume, and even though Jean-Calude Ellena is famous for his minimalist creations. But for me, this perfume is kinda complex yet sophisticated. Bravo!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out with an absolutely gorgeous, sweet, herbal citrus along with fig. It’s the quintessential sunshiny, happy scent, natural and carefree. As it dries down, the fig disappears and it’s like key lime pie, with all of the intense sweetness and tartness of that dessert, but flavored with a pinch of mint and thyme. Delicious!

The citrus herbal phase lasts for 2-3 hours, after which some light woody and musky notes join the citrus and herbs, which remain for a surprisingly long time. Sillage is moderate, and longevity is excellent considering that this is an EdT. On my skin it lasts 6-8 hours at least. I liked this so much that I actually ordered a small full bottle, and plan to wear it next academic year as part of my rotation of “default work day” fragrances.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I honestly don't detect any aquatic notes in the this.

I find it to be a very warm, dry fragrance. It starts with sunshine and citrus, and dries down to an aromatic base which is heavy with figs.

I can't decide if it is feminine enough for me- I would like to smell it on my husband before I decide, it may smell better on him.

fanny
fanny

This magnetic 'maritime' scent gives and gives and gives...
I agree with sherapop, this is not aquatic, but very garden-like with oozes of sun, immense trees and cool dark shadowy spots where I want to sit forever and ever and be 'appy' (as the French would say).

prettyliscious
prettyliscious

I love this scent it reminds me of my favorite cologne when I was in elementary...it has a resemblance with Angels Love cologne from France that is nowhere to be found by now I think.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

A dry scent, fig, cedar, lavender. Quite masculine in my opinion. The fig note adds intrigue. A sexy frag for men in an understated way. This would be a great scent for a tweed-jacketed hipster methinks.

The first time I tried Un Jardin en Mediterranee I found it kind of unbalanced. To my nose the rosemary note on top was colliding with the fig leaving me perplexed and challenged at the same time. I tried to understand this composition several times with bad results.

Suddendly I started to think about my childhood and all the summers passed running with my bicycle on the hills close to the seaside. The sun was really high embracing everything with its warmness, emphasizing the smells and mixing all the typical summer odors together. Dried grass, marine bushes, fig trees,sweat, rosemarys, sun rays, sea salt and tomatoes blended in an unique fragrance by the August hot temperature. In this context I can say JC Ellena managed to perfectly recreate the mediterranean environement composing an "hot" scent...just like summer.

An interesting work, but I still don't like it.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

for me and my personality it's the best fragrance in the world!perhaps because i'm sicilian and it recalls so well all scents of my wonderful island!

shoreshells
shoreshells

I tried this fragrance on in the store; walked around for about an hour; loved it. I was strong and wonderful and I couldn't help smelling my wrist. So... I bought it. Good thing I didn't open the wrapping because I brought it back the next day. After the hour, it was gone; like it never existed. I think it's my skin, it was thirsty and that it was a EDT. I need parfums or I should even consider buying a fragrance. Too bad, as I said it was really nice!

movs
movs

I'll give credit for the natural smelling ingredients in this fragrance, there's nothing the least synthetic about it. I also consider the name very adequate. But here my applause stops. In my opinion the notes stand out more than they actually harmonize - like they try to "drown" each other.
All I get is overripe figs, lemons lying on the ground under a burning sun for too long and a harsh mint-like note from a plant about to run to seed.

I would have expected something bright and fresh but I find this scent cloying and the over all impression I get is laziness. This is the scent of a neglected garden.

I'm sorry, I can't appreciate this fragrance however noble it is.
For a zesty and natural citrus I would recommend Diors Escale a Portofino and for an aromatic fig scent Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal.

In 3 words: AROMATIC - OVERRIPE - CLOYING

southernbelleinseattle
southernbelleinseattle

The main smell I get out of this is cedarwood - the kind that lined my guinea pigs' and gerbils' cages when I was little. damp cedarwood, and that's all I smell. on me, ick!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Let me tell you about the House I live in. It has square lobby and round first floor, with the tree growing in the middle. The stairs surround the tree. House has glass roof and shelves full of yellow books and dry flowers. On the north side are the sunflower fields and in front a coast of calm ocean. Wild birds live in hibiscus nests and sun shines without ending for 24 days.

It is a weird House (if it can be called a House), the weirdest one I have lived in. Nothing described (in House) exists in material world, only the things you feel, while inside, are real. The Constructor of a House filled my refrigerators with compassion, strength and wings. I nibble on them when he is away. He filled my wardrobe with dresses, all the same, although different in color, they are all named Happiness. I wear them when I leave the property of House.

I sleep here sometimes (often) in a cotton bed. In my dreams all the restle I poses is bought by someone unknown and tossed in fire of Doomed Mountain. The place where I live is a fable built in heart. Un Jardin en Mediterranee is a colossal Constuctor.

oshunshawo
oshunshawo

My favorite of the Jardin series....I wish it lasted longer though.....only lasts about 3-4 hours on my skin.

Affinity4FineFragrances
Affinity4FineFragrances

I usually don't purchase a fragrance more than once (twice at the most), but at first sniff this one became my all time favorite Hermes fragrance with a quite memorable story that I'll share some other time...This fragrance stays pretty true to its opening "spicy" note, although the aquatic category definitely describes it. I do consider this to be a summer fragrance for sure, but for some strange reason it reminds me of Christmas wrapping paper - you know, the expensive, opaque, thick wrapping paper. I love opening these types of gifts, so perhaps therein lies the correlation (in my brain, of course)

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Juicy, citrus-y and a little floral at first, which I love, love, love! Ten minutes later it became a dry, boozy (as in highball, not exotic) drink. One hour later it has faded into a whisper of musk. (Sillage/longevity: More, please!)

I might not love this one, but I DO still like it enough to want to own a little bottle.

Vixie
Vixie

The citrus and bergamot are together a bit strong at first, but then the scent settles the cypress and oleander form a warm embrace with the graceful notes of orange blossom and juniper. It is s fragrance that had to be allowed to grow on me, but it did so with success, bringing with it the warm, dry red earth of Spain in summer, the oleander-lined avenues of southern Italy, the sleepy centuries-old white walls separating the brown fields of the Belearic Islands, and the citrus blossoms in the orchards at Hardian's Villa. Perfect for dreaming about holiday memories at Summer's end.

evelyn.www
evelyn.www

I was so curious about this series "Un Jardin...", people used to say it's so special and unique that I was dying for testing it. One day a boy friend of mine told me that this one smelled just like figs in syrup. I doubted it. But.. it was totally true!
However it's true also this Hermes series is very particular, just not my type.

Hermes UN JARDIN EN MEDITERRANEE offers a truly unique combination of notes. I mainly get wood and fig leaf. In fact, the wood--cedar and cypress--is so dominant that I'd call this one a woody fragrance, certainly not an aquatic!

At first I was thinking that UN JARDIN EN MEDITERRANEE was misnamed, as it does not mesh very well with my own mediterranean experience. I don't smell anything here that I would associate with those blue waters.

The key here is "jardin": this is about a garden, far from the sea's shore. Everything is humid, even the trees, which breath a wet woodiness. The fig leaves are very dark green, and the flowers are hidden in the shade of the trees.

I like this composition a lot and am glad to have picked up a purse spray for my collection. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a unique hot-weather fragrance which is neither very feminine nor very masculine, yet very appealing all the same.

midsummer
midsummer

You MUST try this on your skin before either dismissing it or buying it. I found it to be, like Jardin Sur Le Nil, a fragrance that sits close to the skin and very much NEEDS skin to activate the whole scent.

The scent starts off citrusy and bright - sort of like being blinded by sunlight through a grove of trees (in a good way) - it then settles in to something sweeter and softer, almost edible (though this is far from a gourmand).

On the card, this scent smelled sort of average and perfumey, but on my skin it turned into something sun-dappled and delightful. Definitely want this one.

Fides
Fides

Citruses and fig = freshness and sweetness = Un jardin en Mediteranee. Living in Mediteranean area my whole life, I can easily detect some of beautiful "southern" notes, such as fig (never wanted to eat it, though :)), or oleander from my grandma's garden. It opens with heavily herby note, but it settles into warmer flowerish scent, with citrusy note.
Dill, romanian soup? Boy, we have different opinions on this one.

Fresh, greenish, sofisticated, perfect for these insanly hot days. Beautiful frag, and yes - very unisex, guys, feel free to wear this one.

I skipped the top and jumped into something mossy floral green. It was sweet like a nectar too. It gave me the feeling of the wet ocean breeze after the rain. After a while, the scent changed and became light, bright, fresh fruity sweet, and clean floral. Its also got some kind of mineral/aquatic sharpness to it. Musk and fig leaf gave it a nice subtle sweet with a smooth ending.

I have to say this is another truly unique product from Hermes house. It's quite feminine even though it's marketed as unisex. Now I can't wait to try thew rest of the collection!

e9rul7
e9rul7

Wonderful smell!!! just loooove it!!! the dry down is almost identical to L'or de Torrente. 2 thumbs up!!!! to me its more feminine than masculine :)

andrew85
andrew85

this is how Saint Tropez beach smells in the morning with the wind carring the smells of white flowers and sweet figs.. Absolutely stunning creation from Ellena, very original, sweet and fresh with a sofisticaded touch to it.... Superb

JasmineNutmeg
JasmineNutmeg

I just tried this in a store and people all stood around me, saying how unusual it was on me. Very herbal and minty. What a delight. Reminded me of Jo Malone's White Jasmine & Mint. Am eager to try the others in this travel series.

astralrocket
astralrocket

Mother nature in full summer-exuberance. Love it!
This perfume makes me think of how paradise must smell. So sweet, so lovely. I'm just afraid it's not maaculine enough to be worn by me.
I'm sure i'd love it on a girl or at least I'd like my home to smell like this!

i am fascinaiting with this perfume, i really love this, addicted to it... fresh, sweet, is like a drug for me, i am going to buy this masterpiece in a bottle.....

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

I was working for Designer Frangrances head office London, (Estee Lauder Companies) and we went on a work trip to Portugal. I was hanging out with a couple of the trainers, two boyz, and we stopped at a chemist and I sprayed this stuff. It was a hot day and they could not get over how amazing it smelled on me in the heat and just what a knock out it was, which I tood seriously cos I knew they had good noses! I haven't bought it yet, many years later, but I still remember it and I soon will buy this little magic in a bottle...

selinum28
selinum28

This perfume could be much better, but it is beautiful on a mature but energic man. It reminds me the very dry zones of coastal Spain and southern France where I spent part of my childhood. Un jardin en Mediterranee is about those tense, windy, open spaces painted by Van Gogh.

guest_slashdot
guest_slashdot

I just smelled this perfume for the first time... I had absolutely no expectations, but I was extremely disappointed. I felt like I was getting ready to make a traditional Romanian soup, garnished with lovage. Yup, it smelled just like lovage. I'm no expert, but who wants to smell like something so unappealing as lovage?!

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

this scent is bitter , very very bitter yet deserves great respect !! it evolves really nice and lightens up , it is very nice and i would reccomend it if u want something very odd and unique . u will be noticed

Snoo
Snoo

The scent is so beautiful, so special. I definetly want to buy this, try it on my skin.

the_good_life
the_good_life

"Waiter there's an air freshener in my herbal tea."

The godawful mango-fig-floral synthetic dominating this caricature of the Mediterranean has become ubiquitous in toilet cleaners, air fresheners and a variety of other non-Hermès products. You can check out a variation of it at Frankfurt airport, where all the public restrooms smell like this.

I have to say that I'm pretty tired of closed circuit perfumery, which doesn't even make an attempt at relating to natural smells but rather just imitates imitation smells in an endless cycle of self-referentiality. Can somebody tell Mr. Ellena it's time he moved into functional perfumery full time, please?

Suseken
Suseken

You might think you are walking through a garden with Cypresses.It is woody,but the fresh notes from bergamot,lemon and orange are still present.This is holiday feeling in a bottle.

lilinah

I wore this out this evening to the theater, to see Japanese Kyogen. I chose this because it is fragrant but light.

While previously i initially smelled citrus, this time it opened immediately with light gentle musk and a blend of fig fruit and tree, skipping the citrus completely.

At the theater the man in the seat next to me said he could smell incense. I knew it was my perfume :-)

While i love dry, woody scents and do not find them too masculine for my taste, this has never seemed terribly masculine to me. I think the blend of citrus, florals, woods, and musk is beautifully balanced and it adjusts to the wearer.

Of course each time i wear it, it smells different. I like that.

cottoncandice
cottoncandice

It's my pick-me-up scent, very pleasant and uplifting. To me, this scent is all about woods and citrus with an extremely slight hint of orange flowers lingering in the backgorund.

This one is a free-spirited young lady who dreams of travelling the world on her scooter. She is funny, cute and has a good head on her shoulders. She is neither a hippie nor a tomboy, and if she had a big sister, that would be the ever lively heroine Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge.

This scent motivates me like no other scents would. It somewhat helps to give me the confidence and determination to promptly kick off a long day without a doubt, just exactly what I need at 6 in the morning.

dunatko
dunatko

Starts fresh but also really strong - green - woodsy and spicy! i dont think that any of ladies would like to smell like this!:-) maybe some men! the lasting power is very good but you can still smell "that" strong notes... for me its like bottled mediterran spices mix extract!!! nothing for me...

Zocha
Zocha

After the citrus blast which fades away quickly there was something mannish like and green, resembling Après la Mousson a bit, which my nose disapproved.
However, after half an hour something nice started to appear on my wrist. Must be the fig and cedar, little sweetish like mixed with oleander which creates a lovely experience. I think it's an interesting summer fragrance! this one stays in my collection :)

lilinah

The opening is primarily citrus, fig tree and flower blossom, with underlying dry woods. The citrus dies down fairly quickly, but doesn't disappear completely, while the figgy scents - both fruit and tree - come to the fore.

Within a half-hour, there's only a hint of fruity sweetness and a more pronounced "dry" fragrance from the fig tree and cedar, while the mastic listed on the packaging treads the line between sweet and dry. I confess i don't know what nerium oleander smells like, so i can't identify it in the mix. Still, the florals gentle the green and dry woody smells, but are not particularly sweet, making this rather clearly unisex. I think i smell hints of nutty pistachio, but maybe that's just the power of suggestion.

Dry-down ends with strong but pleasant musk. As i've said in other reviews, i am not a fan of musk, but i'm beginning to think that this series of Jardins d'Hermes may just convert me.

My year living in Provence and the Cote d'Azur smelled nothing like this, as the dominant scents in nature were lavender and thyme, with cypress in the background. Still, this is a marvelously evocative scent. Like its sibling, Un Jardin Sur le Nil, the scent is long-lasting, but with minimal sillage, and seems to me to begin as a refreshing day-time/summer scent, and end as a gentle musky evening fragrance.

afraafra
afraafra

the fig leaf smell seems dominant, I would consider it a green scent, very unisex.

evarus
evarus

I Love Un Jardin En Mediterranee! The Sea and bitter herbs. Hot summer near by sea. As beside us in Crimea.

guest_lotus_leaf
guest_lotus_leaf

so disappointed.... I just spritzed this on today from the counter and loved it.... then 2 people commented on it thinking it was The Body Shop Dewberry.

Now I don't know if I should get it and all I can think of is Dewberry. Ugh.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

I spent the last summer in Crete and I had Un Jardin en Mediterranee with me. I could't tell the difference between the outdoor smell and my perfume. They smelled the same!
If I smell the bottle now, it's as if opening a secret window that lets Crete in!
The most lovely fig leaves smell.

Svetoslava
Svetoslava

I love it from the first sniff. A lot of figs and roasted capsicum :). I can hardly smell the citrus. Anyway, it is so natural to me and would like always to have a bottle of it.

snobuni77
snobuni77

WoW I havent smelled anything like this as of yet & I am really really liking it.
It smells almost like fresh spices like just grown Thyme & cloves...maybe even some basil???.I am not to great & naming exact scents (yet) but it is a very fresh scent with a green oceanic spray scent behind it.I do smell the Cyprus & a bit of the Cedar.It is definitely all natural,nothing synthetic here.It definitely makes me want to test some Niche scents as soon as possible because natural is Sooo much nicer.

I also think that a man can pull this off.A very up kept fresh looking man.

Its definitely a scent worth testing ;)

Auguszta
Auguszta

I got less fig from this than I had hoped for, but hey, who cares, this is just gorgeous. It really has that laid-back Mediterranian feel. It's light and very refreshing, brilliant for summer, but it still has plenty of character, enough to be worn during the rest of the year, too. The cypress and the cedar are very prominent and it gets rather dry over time. That may be the reason why I think this is the most masculine of all the Hermés Jardin scents, nevertheless perfectly suited for both sexes.
It's very strong upon application, but please don't give up on it at that point! It will settle and is absolutely worth the wait.

da_markos
da_markos

my favourite from all "jardin". nil is too femine (but also great), monsun is too salty for me. this one is just perfect - when i smell this i feel like being in old, italian village burn by sun.

kurisu
kurisu

Unusual and very green.Feel like standing in a real "jardin".This fragrance need times to settle,so don't judge it on the first sniff.IMO it should be categorized as aromatic green than floral aquatic.Smell like herbal garden.Green,fresh,comfort and relax.I would love to the wear this one on casual or vacation day.

Marra
Marra

I have heard several times from other people that I smell dill, or cucumber, or just a fur tree :) I don't think it's a bad thing. The perfume is just so fresh, grassy and a bit cold in the beginning. I almost don't get any citrus what so ever. After a while it becomes more floral and warmer. It's careless and off the mainstream. Quite unusual. I never smell it myself, but when i smell my wrist i like it a lot

Aiona
Aiona

Cedar. Cedar with light florals. An uncommonly woody floral scent that a guy could easily wear as well.

honeydays
honeydays

An unusual fragrance that I intend to only wear in the summer. Very green, plantlike. But I like it a lot. I bought this in a perfume store and the perfumer advised me to wait past the initial notes as they are quite strong and bizarre. After a few minutes the grassy notes come through.

Bouquet
Bouquet

This is a good daytime, laid-back, outdoorsy scent for summer. Not a romantic scent, but good when hanging out with friends.
It is very fresh smelling. I really like the fig leaf.
It is, however, unisex and would smell great on a man. I like to make it more feminine by layering it with a girlier fig scent.

deli_s
deli_s

This is the most intoxicant fragrance for me! I love it! It is like sweet fig jam with few drops of lemon juice ;)

F_A
F_A

It is an exotic, fresh perfume which smells like pickeled cucumbers with dill and clove on my skin :) Superb fragrance for summer!

Migotka
Migotka

Very fresh, but it's too woody and grassy for me- if I wanted to smell of grass, I would have chosen this one for sure.

chance25
chance25

My chemistry pulls out the fig leaf in this and it's too much for nose to handle. Even the lotion is strong and woody. More of a manly scent and not much on the light floral aquatic side.

Sovvva
Sovvva

I really like this perfume, but first note seems to me too spicy. Their Un Jardin Sur le Nil is light and extremely modern fragrance!

Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermes 4.07 out of 5 based on 1307 ratings and 181 user reviews

Un Jardin En Mediterranee Perfume by Hermes, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Perfume.com
Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee - Eau de toilette natural spray 1.6 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
HERMES Un Jardin en Mediterranee 1.6 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
HERMES Un Jardin en Mediterranee 1.6 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Un Jardin En Mediterranee Perfume by Hermes, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
UN JARDIN EN MEDITERRANEE for WOMEN by Hermes EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee - Eau de toilette natural spray 3.3 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
HERMES Un Jardin en Mediterranee 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
HERMES Un Jardin en Mediterranee 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Un Jardin En Mediterranee by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.