Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Hermes for women and men

tropical
Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Hermes for women and men Pictures Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Hermes for women and men Pictures Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Hermes for women and men Pictures

Un Jardin sur le Nil: composed in 2005, this is the second destination in this impressionistic travel journal. A stroll in the garden islands of the Nile at Assouan is the starting point for this new olfactory voyage.Green mango, lotus, incense, calamus and sycamore wood are at the heart of this refreshing ode. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena.

Carrot Grapefruit Tomato Green Mango

Orange Peony Bulrush Hiacynth Lotus

Labdanum iris Cinnamon Musk Incense

Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise
Green Tea Lavender

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Fragrance Reviews

hossein_gi
hossein_gi

it never fits to men. when ever i used to it i had headache.it's smell like heavy garden and not really good smell.i have never expected this one from Hermes.

CeceliaHuynh
CeceliaHuynh

This was given to me as a gift. I am very sentimental and generally use things I am given as it reminds me of the person who gave it to me but I had to make an exception with this. It smells like an underwhelming citrus cologne to start, then dries down to a promising soft sea-breeze smell only to fade out altogether. It's a beautiful bottle. It was re-gifted to the perfect person- a friend that doesn't like perfume! It's largely inoffensive.

akhala
akhala

This will be my review for both Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Un Jardin Sur Le Toit. I have and love both. Many people mention they are similar, but for me they are not. The only thing that they might have in common is that both are green, fruity and flowery. But after all, they were inspired by gardens, very different garden, however!

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil starts off with mainly grapefruit and mango, moving into lotus, peony and bulrush; carrot and tomato lingering somewhere further. Several hours later, the base notes appear mostly cinnamon, labdanum and iris, a little bit of musk and incense. I think the scent of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is more bitter than sweet and more cool than warm. It is a perfect recreation of the fertile gardens next to the nile - life, coolness, vegetables, flowers. Perfection! A lovely scent for summer!

Un Jardin sur Le Toit starts off with mainly freshly cut-off grass, pear and apple. For me not fake at all. Then the rose and magnolia flower beds come in. Finally, the base of rose and rosemary. It is again a perfect recreation of a garden “above” the busy and hot city, a place of sweet relaxation where the soul can eat! A lovely scent for spring and summer!

On me both scents are moderately lasting to long lasting, depending on how much I have sprayed. I have felt them for up to 8 hours. Sillage is soft to moderate.

Some of my favourite fragrances for summer!

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

This is unfortunately one of the perfumes that kept me from wearing any for years. The initial spray with its' burst of grapefruit zest is gorgeous, and as long as it is on something not organic around me it smells beautiful. But . . . on my skin (or anyone's to my nose), the fragrance sours to something musty heavy sweet and cloying. It helps to know what the notes are, because I can pick out the ones I like and focus on them for the times I am around someone wearing it. Its' longevity is amazing and even the tiniest spritz lasts for hours. It is a very distinctive memorable fragrance. I wish I could like it and wear it, but this is one my body chemistry has completely rejected. It smells like mushy saccharine garden clippings that have had grapefruit spritzed around them to mask the smell - on me. I envy those of you who can wear it and retain the perfume smell that was intended!

suesue
suesue

Agree with the previous girl - the perfect scent for summer. Sat on the balcony with my relatives, it was night, but it was still hot... More than 30 degrees... But this scent gave me a "cool" feeling and i got many compliments for it. But i think it won't work at lower temperature. I really like it, its so elegant!

isabella76
isabella76

Perfect for summer. People always compliment me when I wear it. Sweet, expensive grapefruit in a beautiful glass bottle.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

There are certain green perfumes that just smell like grass, celery or zesty lemon without a sweet balancer. Le Nil is not *that kind of green* because even though it's very aromatic you also get a gorgeous lotus-mango-orange musk that is soothingly honeyed.

I find it weird that some think it smells like Mon Jasmin Noir--a jasmine beauty that is a full, luscious tease. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil has carrot and tomato to balance out the lotus. It's like walking through an herbal garden that leads to an exotic floral garden paradise. It's one of those "surprise scents" that you love one sniff and feel weird about the next. Putting alongside my beloved Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee as a weird green.

snazna
snazna

First comes this freshness that is, kind of, aseptic, and then goes the simple zesty note in line of the Elisabeth Arden 'Green tea'.
And then it develops into something interesting, not quite palpable but sweet as red grapefruit, warm as candid oranges and clean. And it keeps growing in this nice fresh warmth until it disappears. Quite suddenly and abruptly like you didn't wear anything. But yet you have a slight scent of somebody who was at the pool not so long ago, swimming for an hour and then used his friends lemon shower gel after swimming...

bridgette
bridgette

This is the second Hermes scent I've tried. The first was Jour d'Hermes which I hated. It smelled like harsh, cheap soap. This one is better, but still slightly harsh. The green notes are the most noticeable. It smells like hotel soap after it sits on skin for a while.

paulhunter

I finally came to the peaceful realization that this is truly the only perfume I really want. Part of me constantly seeks out the new, the uncharted, but Jardin Sur le Nil is like that one girlfriend that you know was the one all along. I never bought it because of the price tag but considering the money I was willing to pay for a multitude of other scents that wouldn't satisfy me, this one is worth it. Everyone has their own opinions on scent but I'd say this perfume has a pretty solid fan-base :) Green, fresh, sweet, and truly transportive, I am always brought to a state of serenity from smelling this. It's kind of embarrassing the amount of DIY sample decants I've innocently asked for from all the department stores ... mwahaha time to seal the deal and be 100% happy with a purchase!

jae

This was a blind buy for me in 2009. Being my first Hermes fragrance, as well as my first not-so-mainstream fragrance, I was snatched into the world of perfumery.
I was forced to identify the notes, study the development and appreciate the composition before I even felt comfortable enough to wear it on my skin. But once I did, it was love. Even to this day, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is my ultimate favorite..

I now own 11 Hermes perfumes and love them all. I went on to build a perfume collection that I'm proud of. I've been getting compliments on fragrances that no one can guess the name of. I've been summoned for guidance on fragrances.
It all started with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.
And nothing was the same, ever again.....

Lana148
Lana148

Aromatic, sweet, light, green. I can smell lotus flower, green mango, a little citrus and a carrot greens-seeds. It is an odd combination. I don't find strong vegie green notes very appealing. Carrot greens-tomato smell really throws me off, but it's just me.... This is still very well done fragrance with exotic feel to it. Absolutely unisex, great for summer.

sarage
sarage

Very tropical, green, juicy opening. The dry down becomes in the end more sour, though. I love the opening notes more. This is a very rich, green scent and the staying power is good. Fresh and sensual, and very green. I really see the color green after spraying this on my skin!
Beautiful name, beautiful bottle, beautiful scent!
I add this in my want list.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A fresh summer basket of green herbs and sour, sparkling citruses. Also a hint of bittersweet, lightly-spiced and freshly-cut vegetables (carrot, tomato). It quickly softens and sweetens down on flower petals – with a very nice and well-designed evolution. Pleasant and nice (it's Ellena, after all!), but overall somehow... "academic", somehow lacking in soul and personality. Bit of a Nuit etoilée by Goutal also, without all that oniric, aerial, dreamy fairytale complexity. Close projection and short life (couple of hours on my skin). For summer's nights out.

Aromawander
Aromawander

An olfactory passage through a garden or farm alright, I love how refreshing and distinctive this fragrance is! The Un Jardin series by Hermes is not a commonplace fragrance yet in India - a fact I'm reveling in right now because of its unique notes which, as strange as they sound, are right up my alley. The notes here are not typical and hence you can either love the fragrance or you won't - definitely not a blind buy.

Opens with zesty grapefruit notes and then I get the divine carrot and tomato notes. The orange is more lime-like on my body chemistry, and the drydown develops to a lovely mix of mango, incense, cinnamon and peonies, though the grapefruit and tomato never really fades out on me.

The longevity on me is more than 7-8 hours and the notes do not fade but just disappear altogether in about 10 hours. This one here is no sillage monster and has radiates till armlength distance at best. I've been complemented by total strangers and friends alike that I smell heavenly when I wear this fragrance, not to mention its just perfect for the summery/ tropical climate I reside in. This one's a keeper - Thank you Ellena for the wonderful experience!

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

I can see why this is so popular, and why many prefer this one out of the Jardin line. I do enjoy this fragrance, its a great natural smelling fruity floral for both sexes. If I were to place this among its counterparts I would put it in third place, behind Mediteranee and Mousson. I think this would be great for both spring and summer, and once I finish my sample I will determine whether I'll be getting a bottle of this or not.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ This evokes in me the scent of a romantic gardener who brings a bouquet and a basket of produce each day to the lady of a lush island estate or a man very much in touch with his feminine side that appreciates the beauty of greenery and florals in his world. Also, the citrus, mango and lime notes of Sur Le Nil are so easily detected and so natural it could easily be served in a tall cool glass to a tourist on a veranda over looking a scenic river. This fresh and tart Hermes definitely carries me away to places I have never been or even pictured in my minds eye, thank-you nose. And thank-you Mister Ellena for the unique olfactory journey in your exotic escape in a bottle!

Kind Regards, Plat ~

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Carrot, peony, cinnamon.. if it sounds like the recipe for disaster.. it's because it is.. interesting upon first sniff.. then it goes heady, heavy, when I wore it it was literally all I could smell, feel and think of - in a very, very bad way. Loud, persisten, deep, there's nothing subtle or light about this, no delicate notes to contrast with the strength of the fragrance as a whole.. I suppose you can either love or hate this perfume - no middle ground here!
Immense staying power.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

This is the greenest fragrance I own, I love it but must be in mood to wear it! Mostly in Spring I reach for it! It feels so confortable, clean and fresh.. it's like I'm wrapped by a garden and fruity trees. Awesome!!

soareroxana
soareroxana

This scent has a metallic note that it is absolutely unpleasant. It smells raw. It is to "green". It induces me a malaise. As a whole, it is too sharp.

sdcga161
sdcga161

I purchased this today, number 3 (of the 4 Jardins) in my collection. All that's left now is Jardin Après Le Mousson.

I sense this one becoming my favorite. That lush,verdant note that greets you perfectly suggests the garden of its namesake. Sur Le Nil is certainly the more unisex of the three I've experienced thus far. I'll be wearing this one quite a bit over then next warm months.

septembergirl
septembergirl

I am closing my eyes and travelling down an impressionist river of smells. The river embraces me. The vegetation is lush, warm, green and complex.
Bulrush, carrot, tomato, mango and lotus?? An original yet comforting warm green fragrance.
The fragrance crosses borders from temperate to tropical.
It is not the Nile, the Nile is too barren and arid. This is a river of my dreams. I want to paint wearing Hermes un Jardin sur le Nil.

I recommend this fragrance highly, try it. To me it is full bottle worthy.

Inspiration 9/10

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Honestly I didn't know what to expect from this when I was looking at some of the notes... Tomato? Bulrush? Carrot? Hmmm.... vegetables and bulrush in perfumes? That's odd, I could hardly imagine that I could like this... But I blindly ordered a bottle to surprise my s/o with, because he could not stop raving about this fragrance once he tried it. He had to have this, he said...
Now that I got to smell it I have to admit that it's definitely worth all the raving! It really is that good!
It has a unique smell, fresh & intruiging.
Absolute masterpiece! Love it!
Longevity is really good, sillage is good for quite a while before it gets close to the skin but it's never too much.
♥♥♥♥♥

appleberry37
appleberry37

Just love it love it love it. Some creed, Kilian, byredo, and other niche perfumes give me headache...but Sur le nil does not.

Smells so green and vegetal and cannot believe in any way that perfume is carbon compound made from petroleum. Nice job!! Smells fresh and feminine. Most unisex perfume smells non-feminine, but this is so pretty!

Like all perfumes, I did get a bit bored with the same scent after one year, but that is a hurray for me, someone who gets tired of the same scent.

I'm going to purchase other Un Jardin series :):):):)

marinaw90
marinaw90

Very citrus, without being sharp, very fresh and comforting and uplifting. Reminds me of holidays on a Mediterranean Island or somewhere walking past lemon trees and tall grass. Perfect for summer days when you don't want to wear a perfume-perfume. This is more like essential oils, it's pure and beautiful.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I'll start off by saying, this perfume doesn't last long on my skin (maybe 3 hours, tops) and it's extremely expensive, which is disappointing to have to keep reapplying. It's very green, grassy and crisp. I didn't get the tanginess that's mentioned in the description, but that's ok. I also don't get a clean smell either. To me, clean means soapy. This is far from soapy. It's very fresh, like freshly cut grass. If you don't like sweet or floral perfumes, this would be perfect for you.

After wearing it for a week, I've just become so frustrated this doesn't last longer. Also, since the temperature has gotten hotter outside, the dry down has become off-putting. I had my co-worker wear it for a day to see if it was just me, and the exact same thing happened to her...it dissipated so much, and the grassiness started to smell like bug spray. Grrrr...

dsty
dsty

Lovely, fresh, dominated by some of my favourite notes grapefruit and tomato: perfect for summer. If you carry a sample of it around, that is, because it's almost entirely gone after a couple of hours...

Scentmad
Scentmad

An absolute winner. I am on my second bottle (get me). By far the best of the "un jardin" range IMHO. Bright, intelligent and utterly alluring. I highly recommend this beauty.

Kain
Kain

First sniff, I'm in heaven!
Jean-Claude Ellena exactly knows how to deal with citruses and combine that with high quality ingredients that Hermes uses in their fragrances .... that's what I'm talking about.
The opening is a fresh and tart citrusy scent with slightly bitter feeling.
Fresh, natural, green, watery, tart, slightly sweet and high quality notes is something that really shines here.
I can smell this fresh citruses almost to the end.
As time goes by there are only a few changes.
In the mid while the scent has that fresh, tart and green feeling, some bright floral notes joining to this triumph.
Simple, yet amazing because of natural smell and high quality notes.
Projection is good and longevity is around 4-5 hours on my skin.

اولین استشمام مساوی است با عاشق بوش شدن
ژان کلود النا دقیقا میدونه که باید با رایحه های مرکباتی چیکار کنه و حالا این خصیصه رو با مواد اولیه و رایحه های با کیفیت که هرمس معمولا تو عطرهاش استفاده میکنه ترکیب کنین.... یه عطر عالی بدست میاد
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر بوی ترش، آبدار، خنک و بسیار دلپذیر مرکباتی شبیه به بوی لیمو و گریپ فروت هست که یه ته بوی تلخی هم داره. مثل بوی تلخ پوست مرکبات
بوش خنکه، ترشه، یه ذره جزئی شیرینه، شادابه، حس سبز داره و چیزی که واقعا تو این ترکیب میدرخشه کیفیت رایحه های عالی هست
با گذر زمان بوش خیلی فرق نمیکنه. فقط رایحه خیلی ضعیفی از گلها باهاش ترکیب میشن و حس طبیعی عطرُ بیشتر میکنن
بوش ساده اس و اصلا چیز جدیدی ارائه نمیده ولی کیفیت بسیار عالی رایحه ها و حس طبیعی بوی عطر چیزیه که اونو از هم سبک های خودش متمایز میکنه
پخش بوی خوبی داره و ماندگاریش هم در حد 4-5 ساعت روی پوست هست

drlaurel
drlaurel

On paper I get a lot of fig fresh green fig not the sweet earthy fruity fig. And just now i'm noticing there's no fig listed on the notes…wonder what i'm getting. Definitely a summer fresh fragrance and unique. But the sad part came when I went back to try it on my skin. Does anybody else get a horrible synthetic plastic smell which comes through for the first 30 minutes, later settling into more of what I got on the paper sample? If I resorted to just wearing on my clothes, I would love this aquatic fruit scent. Maybe I will have to get a decant to try again.

Amal Elyahyaoui
Amal Elyahyaoui

very very frech and light, it is not strong or sharp at all to the point that it can be easily overlooked but if you get closer you can't just pass by, it is very shy and work more in a windy climat that can help the smell to travel further.... also good for summer time

Cassiano
Cassiano

Is the second cologne inside the Un Jardin line, which was established to represent a kind of travel journal of the trips to the most amazing and bucolic gardens according to Jean-Claude Ellena’s point of view, who is a renowned perfumer of the House.

Released in 2005, "A Garden on Nile” is a stroll through the lush islands that begin in Aswan, in the Egyptian Nubia, with its temples, culture and peculiarities. It contains notes of green mango and grapefruit on the output, Lotus Flower and Acorus calamus (also known as lily-ponds) in the heart, frankincense and sycamore wood at the base. This wood is from maple's family, that tree from which is made the syrup used to cover the traditional American pancakes. But there are other types of Sycamore. Yet, in the heart of the fragrance, were also added notes of juncus, a plant used to weave mats and baskets, which is very common in the Delta of the Nile, where the river splits to flowing into the Mediterranean Sea.

The fragrance is herbal, with a slight floral touch. I must confess that I was afraid of the mango notes, because the way I had read in some comments, it seemed that the mango was very present and I would be feeling myself like a juice box. Another proof that every perfume must be tested on your own skin!

The opening is very clean as the other fragrances from the House, with very natural looking. The Lotus Flower fights for its place in the Sun, appearing once here, another there, during the evolution. And speaking of evolution, the fragrance is very linear, although never gives up. It has very low projection, because it was designed to be delicate, elegant, but fairly hard on the skin. Moreover, it is unisex and has all the requirements to be included among a list of the best summer scents of any collection.

In my opinion, this is not about a flower garden, but one of those green gardens, with well cuted grass, punctually wet and with shrubs trimmed in the shape of animals, as well as fences and water sources. At the corner, a table to sit down and read a good book while sipping a nice cup of tea with biscuits and the sun goes down.

sammy_k
sammy_k

I love it. I smelled it just on a whim - in passing, but it is definitely my signature scent now. It's so fresh and unique. The packaging is beautiful, too. I find a lot of men's colognes are just too heavy. Even the "lighter" ones and researching unisex fragrances came across this, but hadn't seen it until a visit to Sephora. This is a subtle scent, green and exotic. Definitely has the citrus opener, grassy floral, then a musky undertone. It's worth a try. A little on the pricey side being Hermes, but a good Spring/Summer scent. The other three "Jardin" fragrances by Hermes are all great, too.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

Very fresh and clean fragrance. I can detect almost every note but mostly grapefruit, mango and lotus. Quite strong and long lasting one, maybe the best summer scent. I also think it is somewhere between Jour and Voyage.. 9/10

paulhunter

The most beautiful smell I have ever encountered. I've tried for the past three years to find a fragrance, a flower, a food, a forest that smells better than this... to no avail. To put it simply, you must sniff this at least once in your lifetime. If only it didn't have the Hermes price tag...

lisa o
lisa o

I've never been a fan of this, but I came across it again while searching a natural smelling lotus perfume with the euphoric dark spiciness that my blue lotus absolute has......I must say the lotus in this is quite nice! I don't know for sure if it really is the rare blue lotus (nymphaea caerulea which actually is a water lily) because it is so much overpowered by citrus and bitter sweet green notes...it smells at least a tiny tiny bit like it- after the gourmandic citrus-fruit-bomb gives space..

marwamory
marwamory

I love this perfume it's citrus and fresh without being sharp ,i found it not boring at all as mostly citrus perfume tend to be boring and i prefer it than light blue ,,,,,,this is a mouse watering perfume :)

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Beautiful lemon + mango smell. Its not exactly soft nor fresh; its sharp and sour. When you smell beyond the citrus, you meet vegetables and a hint incense. Its very weird. I'm still trying figure out where I'd wear this. Its not your typical citrus. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get over that weird tomato note :L Its a great fragrance, none the less. I wish it had something mellow to curb the harshness of it. Like mint, tea or musk.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I love this one, it is crispy and green. I adore the green mango notes. I purchased it for my sister who is in love with it, from Strawberrynet.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I first tried this fragrance when I was going through a bit of a phase where I wanted to not smell like I was wearing perfume, but to smell like a natural element. Un Jardin sur le Nil fit the bill perfectly; it beautifully evokes a lush jungle of a garden with jewel-green leaves. The scent is refreshing and deep, just the way spring flowers smell... Fresh, with something dark and moist in the background. The first spray smells like lemon, but after about ten minutes, it settles into the lotus and the mango with a hint of floral. I do wish it lasted a bit longer. While it lasts, the sillage is moderate. My boyfriend loves the way it smells. However, if I put it on before heading to work, I usually can't smell it anymore about partway through the afternoon. I can still get a good six hours or so out of this fragrance, but it would be nice if it had just a bit more tenacity, since it is such a gorgeous and unusual scent.

Rajasekar
Rajasekar

Good Fragrance..Not a strong one..Very greeny but base Toamato and others does not come out at any stage..Just strong Grape and Mango smell

Worth Trying on hot season

cdimond63@gmail.com
cdimond63@gmail.com

After reading the Chandler book about this perfumes creation I was very interested in giving it a smell. Its very nice. Dont smell melon. As I always like giving smell's like reviews.. very similar to Thierry Muglers Cologne .. but it lasts longer and has better sillage

Eos
Eos

A citrus aquatic.
Un Jardin Sur Le Nil(UJSLN) is a fragrance I want to love. When I look at the notes, it sounds so unconventional, so out of the box that I always get really excited to test it again because I must be missing something. Where are the bullrushes, tomato, carrots,incense, labdanum?!?

On my skin it never follows through on these promises. Mostly what I smell is a lotusy fresh aquatic, a clean herbal musk and a pleasantly bitter grapefruit. A bit of cool metallic edge is present, probably from the iris. There is a hint of something slightly floral which must be peony as it doesn't smell a bit like hyacinth.

Overall, UJSLN is a like, but not a love for me. This is a very ethereal scent, it comes and goes and has a sparkling, crisp nature to it. If you are looking for something earthy and green with a voluptuous base (as the notes seem to promise) you need to look elsewhere. If you're looking for the perfect scent to wear in the summer in an unairconditioned office, this is it.

happyscent
happyscent

Un Jardin sur le Nil – this is the hype fragrance, its starts with a strong fresh mangoes layered softly with leaves; on my skin it has grass vibe to it; I like this it floats on your skin and has cooling effect; if you grew up in the provinces surrounded by mango trees this will bring back memories

emilianods75
emilianods75

Fresh and citrus. Like a summer morning at the countryside in a bottle. It makes me feel happy. It is like a happy finish to your shower. Lovely scent. Classy and elegant also.

mozzaa
mozzaa

Perfume they say is a personal experience. I love Un Jardin Sur Le Nil b/c it resonates personally with me. Ellena captured the smell of the Nile River and its banks in this bottle. For me it reminds me of my childhood and the smell by the Nile River- the citrusy fresh scent of mangoes mixed with green grass that grows in lush fertile ground- Majestic just like the Great River. All I can say GENIUS !

mamufa
mamufa

Light, fresh, elegant, subtle.
I was looking a really long time for such a scent. I had many (Chanel Chance, Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche - too masculine, D&G Light Blue - too screeming, Cool Water - too plastic , Versense Versace - too much citrus, Biotherm Pure - too sweet, YR Neonatura Seve - too green, Acqua di Gioia - too stinky /excuse me/ and so on and on...).
Until I found it. Perfectly balanced. Light, sweet, elegant, fresh, feminine. Perfect proportions.
With jeans, with dress, with sweater, t-shirt. It goes perfectly with almost everything. Morning, lunch, afternoon, evening. Any time of a ´day.
I love it.
I hate the price though. And it could last longer. I hope for a EdP.

linxinpei
linxinpei

All I could smell was green mango. Reminds me, for some reason, of L'Oreal Kids Shampoo in mango and thai salads.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Kesinlikle denemeden alınmaması gereken bir parfüm. Kadınsı falan değil ancak notalarında bahsedilen çiçekleri ve meyveleri ya da o bahsedilen muhteşem açılışı ben hiç alamadım. Üstelik kesinlikle orijinal ürünler aldığımı biliyorum. Muhtemelen ten seçiyor ya da benim burnum sorunlu. Garip bir yeşillik ve sabunsu koku baştan sona pek değişmeden gidiyor bende. Aldığıma pişman olmasam da anlatılanlarda aklımda canlanan kokuyla hiç alakası yok. Deneyip beğendiyseniz erkek kullanımına gayet uygun.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

jht4060
jht4060

If you are a connoisseur of diversity in scents, then you must smell Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. The top note is a simply amazing milky-fresh-green-fruit accord, Jean-Claude Ellena's recreation of green mango on the Nile. It reminds me of no other perfume. It is a bit off the beaten path for an everyday scent, but falls broadly in the fresh-citrus-fig genre. The green mango accord lasts only a couple of hours, then it fades into a base that is a subtle and lovely Oriental but less unique.

I read the fascinating description of the creation of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil in Chandler Burr's book "The Perfect Scent". It didn't sound like my kind of scent, but I got a bottle just to connect to the book. And wow. WOW.

You can tell how unusual this is just by looking at the notes Fragrantica chooses to let us vote on: lotus, bulrush, carrot, tomato (and a green mango that is orange?). Not your standard notes. I think all they mean is that this smells really unusual.

Apparently I love this stuff.

trishtan
trishtan

Nice fragrance. I can smell carrot & green mango at first spray, but slowly it blends into fresh green floral fruity. Soft & fresh, good unisex fragrance. Just like sitting in a green meadow. Where u can smell dewy fresh grass. Good longevity too.

TeaforTwo
TeaforTwo

Tomato + mango = winner! Such a lovely combo, and the drydown is nice, too. Not a huge fan of grapefruit, but it's not bad in this. Not overpowering, definitely not sickly, can't wait to re-test this when the weather's warmer.

It is very very similar to my favorite Mon jasmin noir l'eau exquise. It has the same elegance, freshness and greenness in it. But still there was something about Bvlgari that I liked better. It seems to me that mon jasmin noir l'eau exquise is a little bit stronger than this one.

FridayJones
FridayJones

After about one minute, the lemon gives way to an amazing, spicy green tomato scent on me. It's like one of those fabulously hot summer days in the farmer's market where you know that you *have* to buy the tomatoes because there's just no way to walk away from that smell.

Unfortunately, that fades pretty quickly into an inoffensive, but pretty boring and unquestioningly youthful mango fruit bouquet kinda deal. I'm personally not too in to fruity perfumes generally, so this is something I'll only wear once in a while. (Like, if I want to smell like a very expensive teenager. Which has its moment, no doubt.)

hernie
hernie

Love at first sniff. Ellena is the God of fragrances. If u don't like it u have 2 see ur nose with an specialist hahaha

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

I smell something like fresh coriander and parsley which makes me sick :(. Not my cup of tea, it is too shallow.

ErinBerry
ErinBerry

Sorry just doesn't do it for me...grapefruit and tomato? C'mon.

The elements just clash for me on this one and give me a headache to boot.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

Lets keep it straight forward... Smells like a V8 at the top and shampoo on the dry down.

SelenaSerena

I just love, love, LOVE this fragrance. Can't have enough of it. Never get bored with this scent. Is it so fresh and green but never bitter or sour. I thought it was only for the summer when I first bought it, but now I am in the middle of Scottish autumn with rains and winds and I adore it even more.

UPD: I buy it in small travel-friendly 15 ml bottle off Ebay and I must say I go through each bottle very quickly as it seems to disappear quickly. HAving said this I admit it does not affect my love to this fragrance. I am ready to reapply every 2 hours as I always have it with me in summer time.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Standard Ellena, the best line of Un Jardin in my opinion.
Perfectly unisex fragrance that opens with a chord citrus and fruity mango, note more intense and really gives mouth water, is mixed with sparkling grapefruit.
This openness delicious and very natural, continues throughout drying, and the heart becomes slightly floral and green, the lotus and reed, a plant.
The base with a very light incense and musk completes this perfect and casual fragrance.

msingle75
msingle75

The more I wear this stuff, the more I start to like it. It's good, not great, and I favor Mediterranee by far. The most evident notes to me are the mango in the beginning, tomato, hyacinth, and lotus in the middle, and simply the iris in the base. Nice scent, but perhaps took the "jardin" theme a bit too literally for my taste.

Interesting side note, I tested this on one wrist and Burberry Weekend for men on the other, and they are beginning to dry down to very similar scents. Originally, I did not mean to compare the two, I was just wanting an excuse to wear Weekend tonight. Sur Le Nil is a bit fruitier whereas Weekend is more citrusy. They are not identical, but they are somewhat comparable to my nose on the dry down. Top notes are nowhere near similar, so don't think that's what I'm trying to get across. They are not substitutes for each other.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

These basenotes are non-existent. All I could smell was a very natural smell of fruits and vegetables. Good smell, just not something I would wear.

galoguiu
galoguiu

Jean Claude Ellena hardly misses. Only one sentence; fragrance is beautiful!!!

rowanwood
rowanwood

I love this possibly because of some of the notes others dislike. I adore the green tomato smell; I love the peppery, sharp citrus tones. On my skin, it mellows to a soft incense wafted from a temple while standing in the garden sort of scent. I do like to spray some on skin and some on my clothes, which makes it last a little longer. It doesn't stick around powerfully too long, but even by the end of the day, I'll get a gentle hint of it and it's still lovely.

ana queiroz
ana queiroz

I love this perfume for warm days. It smells indeed un jardin, notes of green mango, orange, tomatoes and a flowery sequence, it makes me dream.
Very fresh, subtle and elegant, but it does not stay for long, weak longevity on my skin

schokolade
schokolade

Light, fresh, unique, yet elegant. Perfect for formal occasions. Very strong longevity and sillage. Be carful not to spray it too much, or it will cause a headache.

atsa
atsa

Too much citrus, not enough Egypt. We are talking about the Nile here. It needs oud or sandalwood to make it live up to its name.

sharmap14
sharmap14

Great scent but the tomato note ruins it. Drydown is pretty good tho but longevity and sillage are terrbile

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Wanted to love this one but I think it's a little too unusual for me atm... Not a big fan of the tomato note. It smells savoury a little bit like veggie juice. The drydown is much nicer though! I would probably like this on a girl in summer, but not me.

Love it this one it really made my day! I was looking forward to sampling this collection but the others were a little disappointing this one redeemed the range somewhat.
Lovely fruity citrus and the freshness and rare joy of vegetable and truly authentic green notes. My favourite Hermes fragrance of this type.

Moyra
Moyra

Purchasing Un Jardin sur le Nil was a sort of afterthought inspired by Chandler Burr's story about its creation (part of "The Perfect Scent: A Year Inside the Perfume Industry in Paris and New York") and my love of mangoes.
My nose was so overwhelmed by the green mango note - inspired by the perfumer standing under a mango tree in fruit in a garden in Aswan - that I barely detected anything else.
I love the idea of lotus and reeds, of the entire garden feel, even the listed notes of tomatoes and carrots sounded interesting. But nope, its just green mangoes on me, with a wee citrus-y something or other.
I received this perfume for Christmas , and I did not find it to be earth-shaking, yet it was innocuously pleasant.
However, I live in an extremely torrid climate, almost (but not quite, thank goodness!) as hot as Aswan, where the highs in summer are often 51 centigrade.
And now, after the hottest part of yet another 8 month long summer (temperatures between 30-45 centigrade from April to the end of November!), I get the why of this very mild, slightly sour fragrance: Un Jardin Sur le Nil is perfect for the heat!
It creates a sort of tropical mango-induced happy place for me, and although the scent is not anywhere near the powerhouse level I tend to favor, a little heat really brings the whole composition forward and allows it to waft delicately around you in the sultry breeze, like the scent of a lush, fruiting garden on a scorching day in midsummer.

lucaschiang8
lucaschiang8

The most beautiful sence ever! Love!!!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil
My unconscious mind wanted this fragrance on because when I woke up this morning, my first thought was, “I need to wear Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil today”, even though I had placed aside as a possible swap. So, as is my usual morning custom, I created an outfit to suit the fragrance. I thought of clear blue green water, the star shaped nile water lilies, the traditional cruising dahabiya boats with their canvas sails.
I am wearing an aqua green chiffon high-low dress with canvas wedges and gold dangly aquamarine earrings. This is the most perfect summer outfit I’ve ever created. I look like a guilded mermaid, and I love it when I am inspired in this way, but I’ve received more compliments on my outfit than my perfume. Not good.

I will admit that I am a lover of florals, orientals, and gourmands. Aquatic scents are almost always lost on me. Maybe I need to be an aquarius to appreciate it, but this fragrance lacks focus on me or maybe it’s that the focus IS the water. I’d much rather wear something fashioned for the Queen of the Nile, than to wear the Nile itself. It’s light and extremely ethereal, but I feel like I’ve been treading water for hours without really going anywhere. I get the tomatoes and carrots in the initial opening, then lots of water, and in the background light light slightly musky flowers. I like it, but don’t love it. I will wear what I have, but I wouldn’t purchase it again.

Kngn
Kngn

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil starts with some strong citrus and grass tones which at first were nauseating but when they smooth out a pleasant grass and vegetable smell stays on the skin. I have to admit that it is my second favorite Jardin fragrance Hermes produces and much like the other ones in the series it suffers serious longevity issues. On my skin I don't seem to get more then 5 hours.

scentedrat
scentedrat

This sounded like something I would love based on its combination of notes. On me, it is truly awful. No fruit, flowers, or sweetness whatsoever. All I got was slight dirtiness (and maybe a little fungus?)and something sour. Possibly some mushrooms going slightly off. With a little citrus cleaner on top trying to cover it up. What a disappointment!

I also tried the Jardin en Mediterranee with low expectations, but it smelled very nice. I figured it would be the other way around.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

Wow! One of my best blind buys ever! I smell gapefruit, and a resinous accord that reminds me of pine sap. My skin tends to bring out incense notes, so I guess that contributes to this "mystical" scent. Delicious!
Longevity isn't great, but remember... pretty much everything lasts longer on clothes and in hair! LOL
Sillage is moderate.
One can tell this is a fragrance by Ellena. It's got his sweet signature drydown. At least on my skin, and I've experienced it with other Hermes fragrances as well. No matter the fragrance, when the base notes are gone, what remains is a sweet accord that lingers for hours. :)

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF...THE NILE

I'm on a slow cruise heading towards Aswan - someone is cutting up a fresh mango, and I smell flowers off the banks of the Nile.

As night descends and midnight nears, the surrounding marsh land emanates a subtle hint of earth.

Yes, at some point, I will revisit Egypt. And I will be sure to float once again down the river Nile.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I recently purchased Eau de pamplemousse rose and I was giving a small vial of un Jardin Sur Le Nil. After sampling it on my skin I was amazed, VERY FRESH and GREEN combined with lemo hue.
I really enjoy the sweet aroma from floral notes iris, lotus, and hiacynth. The three work in harmony to give this frag a real warm summery feel when you wear it. The added notes of musk really adds depth to this REMARKABLE fragrance.
Longevity is excellent, I find that it last at least 6-9hrs.
Sillage is moderate, I wouldn't find it offensive in the work place.
Overall opinion,
Three words come to mind when I smell this fragrance.
1)Opulent, 2) Green 3) Delicate
This frag has a very luxurious aroma which carries well through the day.
This fragrances is totally a real burst of citrus which is absolutely PERFECT during the spring/summer.
The aroma of the floral notes has been DELICATELY refined making it superb !!!!
Finally comment, Hermés has a tradition of producing fine high quality fragrances both men's and women's.
In my book this product is 100% a top notch frag that both sex's could enjoy using. Love the aroma !!!!!

SelenaSerena

I've finally found my new signature! It took me so several years to replace Kenzo Parfum D'ete in this role. When I accidentally picked up a 15 ml bottle of Jardin Sur Le Nil instead of desired En Mediterranee I met it with an open heart. Like it can be when you don't happen to have any preceding information or thoughts on the subject. I let it into my heart slowly and now it is there on the position of unbeatable favorite. The only slight drawback that is so easily forgiven to the loved ones is its questionable longevity. I wish the trail of its fresh scent could be with me at least half of the day.

IsaIsabella

Okay, I caved in and bought a 100ml bottle.

This is not a scent that one usually falls in love at first smell.

Jardin Un Sur Le Nil is a strange concoction. It is green like a garden, watery like a saltwater lake and gourmand like an edible salad. Not your usual green scent, nor aquatic, nor gourmand. It opens up with a burst of grapefruit, tomato, green mango and salt water, making it smell rather edible, perhaps due to the "umami" effect of the salt water note.

Then, slowly, lotus peeks through making it ever so breezily floral but never losing its salty green edge. There is a barest whiff of cinnamon and incense to lend support to the scent, making it somewhat like "thickened sea water" to my nose.

Sillage is good, longevity a good 4-5 hours in the hot weather.
---
Definition of umami: Umami has a mild but lasting aftertaste difficult to describe. It induces salivation and a sensation of furriness on the tongue, stimulating the throat, the roof and the back of the mouth

P.S: HOW on earth is this similar to Bvlgari's Jasmin Noir L'eau Exquisite?! That fragrance is green, grassy and tea-like with subtle jasmine notes.

jameskuo
jameskuo

In the first spray, it surprising me by its fresh and amazing fragrance. Although I can not distinguish the smell come from which part, all I know is floral scent. It's definitely for spring and summer season. Absolutely, it is one of another gorgeous cologne what I have.

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

Deliciously cool, it smells so fresh and green and slightly citrus and watery. Classy, sophisticated and beautiful. Gorgeous bottle too. If you adore a beautifully clean fragrance then this is for you. It's one I will buy again and again. Makes me feel amazing.

IsaIsabella

Salty citrusy lotus scent with a dash of peony petals.
A floral with a twist.
Sometimes, I catch a whiff of that green mango - tart, fruity and lightly creamy.
Smells thick, yet translucent - Ellena's mastertouch.

Pretty nifty. I'll get one if there's a sale.

kerry_rahma
kerry_rahma

i like this one because it's fresh and fruity sweet, so it's a day scent for me.. def not a boring fruity, but a well blend, making it like a real fruit punch instead of syrup. But it's way too light, so longevity is poor for me, and for the price, it really hurts the pocket..

magdach7
magdach7

Wow It smells so goooood. However, the beginning was not so pink, at first I thought it was the most revolting fragrance. But after 15 minutes, when I went out of the shopping mall ( it was boiling hot) I smelt something really yummy. Hermes is really sophisticated and unique. It is fragrance not for the masses. Although it is damn expensive it is worth every penny.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

The Hermes line of fragrances that I've sampled have a very distinct earthy aroma. This particular one is no different with its top fruity notes. I love it and will make a purchase in the future.

lookcool
lookcool

I'd heard about Un Jardin Sur Le Nil for a long time before I purchased a small bottle of it without any tester. The first spray surprised me with a strong citrus scent which was very similar to Bvlgari Mon Jasmine Noir L'eau Exquise. For the first 15 minutes, I thought the two perfumes were identical. Later, I found a little difference between them when the perfumes dried down: While Un Jardin Sur Le Nil turned into something more floral and warmer, Mon Jasmine Noir L'eau Exquise almost stayed the same. I do love the change of notes so Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is still a nice purchase.

iancasanova
iancasanova

mango?? i heard that mango is a little bit prominent in here" so yeah i doubted it at first! but then finally i got a chance to try it, hellyeah i never thought that a mango could smell this so so good!!! the moment i sniffed it i got mesmerized & it transformed my imagination into a beautiful green garden" is it a mango from a fairytale land? lol its now my signature scent;-)

xabaras
xabaras

When you spray Un Jardin sur le Nil you get a beautiful explosion of citrus. It seems lemon to me, but I read in the notes it's grapefruit. Ten minutes on and it tones down. It becomes a little soapy and sweet on my skin, for about half an hour. I asked my boyfriend to put it on to see how it would work on a man. I like it more on his skin. On my skin the soapy note is somehow too powerful, on him I can't smell any of that: just the pleasant clean fragrance, so it is obviously my skin. A couple of hours after the first spray it makes you think of a basket with a mix of undefined flowers and fruits. A light pleasant scent you'd find refreshing on a hot Summer day. Very green. It's a shame I can't detect any incense, in it. I was hoping to.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I guess I should have leaned by now that citrus doesn't work well on me at all. This just turned bitter and sour. It ended up smelling kind of like cleaning products. Yuk.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This was not a good match for me. There is a sharp and pungent citric note that kept the whole composition too acidic to my nose, and induced a light migraine... I had to wash it off.
It's a shame, because I can get lovely lotus trying to make its way among all the citrus, but remains shy in the background. Overall, it's not well balanced IMHO.

Perhaps best on a man.

I get also a big resemblance with Jour d'Hermes...

Molko
Molko

Fresh, sharp grapefruit bomb for hot weather, absolute winner among the summer scents, but enough expensive like the others Hermés fragrances

update: on my skin first like a strong grapefruit but some minutes later this gfruit turns to something wrong like citrus with sweat:( I don't like it on me. I like better Jardin En Mediterranee:)

Marciu
Marciu

It's my second favourite from the Jardin line.

Sur Le Nil is very green and juicy on my skin. Vegetables mixed with fruits, it's quite unique IMO. Plus bulrush plus flowers - it makes me feel like I'm at the shore of the lake or river, I take a deep breath and inhale with all the greennes that sorrounds me. Extraordinary feeling, I tell you! The drydown and the base of this scent are still unique and a little bit strange at the same time. It's getting a little bit thicker, sweeter - but still fresh and transparent. What I feel here is neither incense nor cinnamon - quite a lot musk with iris maybe and a little bit of labdanum to make it more noticable.

The whole scent, as I said is very unique, one of the best for summer IMO. And yes, it is a typical unisex.

Congratulations, Mr. Ellena!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Tried a sample of this and I must say it is a lovely fragrance. Perfect for warm/hot weather! Unfortunately, my skin chemistry doesn't like citrus-y, fresh scents and turned it sour:( So sad, because I wanted to love it. If I were into spending wild amounts of money to just spray it in the air, I would totally buy it!...but I'm not into that, so I will admire it from afar. ..sigh

oblivion
oblivion

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is a beautiful fragrance . It is light and sheer and sophisticated without trying too hard. The opening is orangy which mellows down to grassy-woody dry down. I guess it could be worn all year around but in winter it feels a bit too cool to me. Perfect for hot and humid weather.

Aaron H
Aaron H

This one from the Jardin series is all about the underground growth and it's overground leafyness for me.

I'm one of those people who think new plastic electronics packaging smells fresh so don't take it as an insult when I say this has the freshness of new plastic electronics packaging. I think I does.

If you traveled one hundred years into the past and gave this fragrance to a person to sniff and identify it would confuse the hell out of them - but for me with all my plastic scented background it makes fresh sense.

There is a forum thread about linearity and synthetics where I think this fragrance could be the poster child for a success. Ellena has that ability to make elements which are sharply unnatural in themselves smell uber-natural when mixed.

This is a minimal fragrance that alludes to so many different things at once but ultimately all those roads lead to that plastic freshness.

It alludes to that ripe tomato still on the vine. The carrot just pulled out of the ground. The wet grass all around. The morning wetness evaporating off of the fruits in the garden. The wet lotus lifted from a dirty pond.
Everything is overlayed like a stack of transparencies making one big precise, monotone and elegant section through a robust garden.

cmmr
cmmr

Has a citrusy start with bright green notes and a powdery dry down. On my skin it smells like rotten soap or moth farts.

trickykid300
trickykid300

FINALLY, got to sample this at the mall. Its not as aquatic as you might think. When I tried it all i could thinkg of was a fruit and vegtable garden mixed together. Images in my head were green plants. It is kind of nice because it smells very, very natural. Like walking through a wet mango orchard. Its interesting. But I thought it would be sweeter from the fruits and more aquatic...almost like a luxury scent of polo black or something. Very nice scent though....however I will have to pass...I jsut cant give up my bulgari aqua or dior higher black for the summer.

shoshana25
shoshana25

This fragrance is seriously gorgeous. Bright, fresh,woodsy and just very appealing in every way possible. It's comfortable to wear. It's the type of perfume that I would smell on someone and would be compelled to ask them what they're wearing. Smells like rich people..LOL. Seriously. Eveyone is right though, this perfume has to be refreshed during the day, it doesn't completely evaporate but it definitely stops projecting withing 1.5 hours. Such a damn shame because I'm obsessed with this smell and has been looking for something like this for the longest time. Oh, I can see men wearing this, but I believe it's better suited for a woman's chemistry.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I wanted something citrusy and light for the summer. This was a dissapointment.
I loved the scent, btw-although I get mostly orange on the bed of florals, peony and hyacinths with woodsy drydown. Quite nice actually. Surprisingly, there is only a hint of mango while I expected a lot of it. Oh well.
Alas, the lasting power is worse than body sprays from VS. I am not kidding. Its not my chemistry because I tested it on paper strip as well as my skin.
After mere 5 min it turns into skin scent and it stays that way until you can't smell it anymore 20-30 minutes later.
Common, Hermes, really? I would expect something better from such expensive and exclusive company. Love the way it smells because its not your typical citrus scent and its elegant and different. But I can't justify buying, just so I can respray it every few minutes

elusivek
elusivek

This opens with a garden! I get distinct notes of tomato, citrus, carrots, dirt (maybe the dirt is my mind filling it in because of the fresh out of the earth crispness of the veggie elements), and a unique water type note that is herbal rather than rain or ocean which I believe is the bulrush. I am happy to say this opening tones down quickly (I really don't want to smell like fresh vegetables).

What follows is a rather sharp citrus note, that smells like lemon rather than grapefruit or orange. Lemon notes in perfume tend do go sour on me as this note does. Beneath it are fresh and airy peony and hyacinth.

What I don't get are green mango, cinnamon, or incense notes. I get a bit of a musk anchor but the scent is quite bright and sharp enough that I can feel it in my sinuses.

After the opening the perfume becomes linear and I did not detect much of change from mid to base notes. If anything, in the end the citrus/sharp notes faded out a left a flicker of the peony and hyacinth with a lovely summer breeze farther in the background. I really enjoy this aspect but not enough to tolerate the first two stages. In addition, after 6 hours there is nothing remaining. Monster sillage on me for the first 4 hours though.

Still searching for the summer walking in the countryside sunshine scent since this is a bit too loud/harsh to be it.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I bought it as soon as it came out back years ago. I loved its smell on my skin by then. Somehow, something happened last summer and I couldn't enjoy it anymore. I was really surprised because I had never had such an experience before, I'm sure the perfume didn't change, I store them carefully and still smells the same now. It was something about my skin chemistry that made me impossible to wear it, I couldn't bear the last fase which was spint around to a extremely bitter edge.

My smallest son of now eight who is already a perfume fan quickly tried to appropriate it, I let him enjoy it occasionally but without giving it to him.

Now welcoming spring back, I found myself missing it and sprayed it again, it seems my tenacity wins when it comes to avoid resignation to loose a beloved smell. And I've been rewarded, now we work beautifully together again... I'm so happy about this reencounter.

Unique and distinct, green mangoes, watered flowers with a gorgeous and unexpected blend of notes in its end.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The opening is a very pleasant citrus, a sort of fresh tartness. It then dries down to a green-woody, even a little bitter scent with a small touch of flower. I get a carrot note all way long, which is a very interesting twist. It's indeed a very fresh fragrance and the subtle bitterness can wake you up in a sleepy summer afternoon. Ieal for daily use in spring and summer. Suitable for men too. The longevity is about 7h and the sillage is close.

ecp

I spoke too soon! I went out for the evening and received two compliments on my fragrance!! Moreover, this was several hours after having applied it.
E

ecp

Greetings all. I bought the EDT blind because the description fit what I was looking for at the time. If I had sampled it on paper first, I probably would have bought it, because it opens with great promise...citrusy, green, and spicy. Had I truly tested it with a sample at home, DEFINITELY would not have bought it- due simply to the fact that the scent vanishes so quickly there's no time for the notes to develop. It starts out with a blend of green/citrus/tomato. The blend seems balanced, no particular note stands out. Pretty quickly I smell a spicy incense...and then, poof...it fades, and the slight aroma that lingers briefly is undiscernable. Beautiful bottle. Maybe it's just my chemistry, or maybe is requires the heat of summer to ripen it. I dunno...I've doused myself in it several times and still it leaves me wanting.

suzrwin
suzrwin

Starts off with the bread-like scent of green mango, very weird, and then becomes a light floral. It's pretty, but not especially impressive, although I tried it on a cool Pacific NW day, so it may be worth a go when the weather turns hot. For now, it certainly doesn't inspire me to run out and grab a bottle.

aqva1
aqva1

hi everybody

i really like to share my opinion regarding this fragrance it is wonderful masterpiece it smells like egypt and i know what iam talking about becoz iam egyptian
u know when somebody makes a scent of your country omg this sooo nice. egypt gardens and fields in a bottle

thanks Jean-Claude Ellena.

Milladane
Milladane

EDT: This is a super fresh floral, sparkling citrus, and raw vegetable combination. I can smell something that is distinctively Hermes...something I've smelled in all the Hermes perfumes...leather, or something leather-like, such as labdanum. As far as the green mango note, I suppose it's there as a green unripe fruit, like the grated ones you get in a green mango salad at a Thai restaurant. But it's nothing like the breed of fragrant green mangos native to Taiwan, marinated in sugar as a dessert...silly me for hoping I can smell it in a perfume...I'll just have to wait until I can travel and taste it again someday. While this scent is not for me, it will appeal to those who love cool, citrusy, green, watery, fresh scents.

lunadestella
lunadestella

Un Jardin sur le Nil and I have a long history. It was one of the first HE fragrances I ever tried. At first, I wasn't sure I could pull it off. It smelled like mandarins, the kind I loved eating in my salad when growing up, but also there was something flirty, playful, and even a bit wild and untamed about this fragrance that just didn't feel like "me". It seemed better suited for my younger, more social sister who was the center of everyone's attention. So I gave her my sample, something I regretted as I don't think she appreciated it much. Since then I received another sample and can confidently say this fits me perfectly, especially for summer.

Right from the beginning I get a sharp lemon note mixed with the smell of fresh tangerines being peeled. Love this so far! Also get some lively green notes, though I can't say for sure what they are ... kinda like the scent tomato leaves leave behind on your hands after picking the fruit off the vine during a hot summer day. I still smell my beloved mandarins but this time I get more of the lotus and incense with it too. Long lasting even during the hottest summer day, a huge plus for me as I live in a humid climate.

Just feel so exotic and even a touch tropical when wearing this. Un Jardin sur le Nil is a perfect summer fragrance and a definite FB own.

9.5/10

harpist
harpist

This one is not too bad, but not super outstanding. Definitely smelled the citrus and green notes, and eventually it smelled more floral and in the end a calm woodsy. It is a warm and definitely garden smelling fragrance that reminds me more of lemongrass and chilli. I think it is a little too masculine for me; it is very alluring and gentle. I sprayed this on my hand and it disappeared in about an hour or so? I would probably pass on this one.
A better alternative for a softer smelling citrus and floral is Mon Jasmin Noir l'eau Exquise- that one is definitely more sweet but I actually love that one much better and it has some of the same elements as le Nil.

qalupatra
qalupatra

Awesome smell. AHHHHHhaahHHH.. Its like my search ended here. It will be my love of life. I love this smell.

Missem
Missem

What an absolute pleasure of a fragrance. I always gravitate toward this one in warmer weather. A personal favourite and permanent resident in my perfume cabinet.

modestyblaise
modestyblaise

If Jean Claude Ellena were in bling business, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil would be the most exquisite jewel , EVER!
UJSLN is so raw and yet, rarely elegant at the same time.
I was lucky enough to purchase it just before our trip to Puerto Vallarta, maybe somehow i knew that it needed HOT and HUMID climate to show me true beauty. For six days i was puzzled by the most divine and opulent incense( not a fan of the note) fume in our hotel room, only when we were leaving that i asked my hubby if he smells it, i got a response" It's you and your new "jewel", darling".

Usually fragrances takes us to the most unique voyages, but Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is the one, who has to travel to exotic destinations.

kabelaced
kabelaced

It smelled fresh and citrusy right when I put it on, but the dry-down I do not like. I am surprised that this came out only in 2005 - it could have been a duplicate of a perfume that my mom's crabby boss lady wore back in the 90's!

I keep getting peppery stuff from this scent, trying to smell the green mango. It smells a bit like the sharpness of citronella or bug spray, or vegetables.

I may try this one again in the summer - from sniffing it, I feel like the scent might be more intense in warmer temperatures.

mina.cabaleiro
mina.cabaleiro

I always look for unique and memorable fragrances, this fulfills it, my favorite of all ...

pani.parzer
pani.parzer

Got it for x-mass and had wished for so long. Lovely scent, uplifting and refreshing. But must be reapplied several times a day..I hardly smell anything..but might work better in summer..

Chav_280885
Chav_280885

Lovely soft unique fragrance. Unfortunately on my skin it disappears within two hours. Very weak for the steap price.

antfarm
antfarm

This is one of the most "work appropriate" scents I have ever encountered. I usually find office scents really lacking in character and conformist in a "look at me, I practice basic hygiene" kind of way, but this one has some oomph despite its mainstream freshness. I think the lotus-mango-carrot combo makes it mouthwatering enough to keep it out of the realm of boredom. How many perfumes have carrot?

esteban747
esteban747

Two years ago I got Un Jardin en Mediterranee and I thought that was a fantastic, beautiful fragrance. So this year I decided to get another one, but then suddenly I decided to try something new, so I got Un Jardin sur le Nil. It smelled light and fresh and the green mango note caught my attention immediately. Well, the next day I tried on and it didn't last a bit. While with Mediterranee I had people all the time asking me about the fragrance, with Nil most people couldn't even notice that I was wearing perfume! So for the price range and performance this was a dissapointment.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Citrussy floral. Grapefruit, orange and peach with lots of hyacinth, lotus and grass (not listed). It is very refreshing spring/summer scent.
Tends to get sour with time on my skin, so not sure if this is for me.
Definitely worth trying if you're looking for a scent for warm seasons.

7663shannon
7663shannon

I have just received this and am in love!
It is clean, refreshing yet still elegant. I have found my new summer scent!!!!!

raw umber
raw umber

On application, this fragrance forms a slightly salty halo of scent around me. In this fragrant haze of raw fruit, I can conjure an image of dried dates, and fibrous fruit pits, with an almost undetectable breeze.

As the scent develops, the breeze flips over the leaves so their undersides are exposed, revealing paler shades of green, as well as mangoes in various stages of ripening. My feet are planted in dusty earth, and the spell of the Sun is overwhelming. The earth and the Sun are both golden and this slight breeze causes the mango trees to emanate a glorious mellow aroma.
Over time, the wisps of hair in front of my eyes go unmoved, and everything seems to slow down as I stare unblinking out onto a surreal landscape.
This is the scent of actively trying to preserve a sublime memory. It's a mantra.

It's the sensation of not being responsible for anything except appreciating the present moment. When it settles down into a skin scent, I smell gently ripened as if I have been out in the Sun all day.
Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is a portable, authentically personal space. And when I mean space, I mean A LOT of space. Ideal for transcending the mental confines of New York.

phanhtofu
phanhtofu

Simply elegant, but the freshness has made it younger for gals. You are in the age of 20 and afraid the scent will add 5 years old more? No problem :)
I will fall for a girl in a white dress with a pair of classy oxford, having her camera on, wandering around the corner with this scent... Simply Elegant

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

The opening is grapefruit but very much the scent left in your nose after eating the fresh fleshy and juicy inside. It's a satin smooth wet grapefruit. Once it settles down - which only takes a few minutes - I begin to smell mango/apples that have just fallen from a nearby tree onto wet grass. I smell the dew on root plants like the leafy stalks of carrots pulled out of the wet soil in the morning - cool to the touch. Then I get a faint scent tomato - but not the plant, instead the juicy fruity inside freshly cut for a moring salad - sweet. All this with a slightly warmer breeze caressing my nose with the scent of distant iris and peony. I also get the faintest sweet celery in the drydown - once again wet and soily from being freshly picked. The iris and peony get a bit stronger as it drys down. The grapefruit flesh scent lingers gently for an hour or two. This scent paints such a vibrant picture of an outdoor garden (an old garden) wet all around with a morning dew. BEAUTIFUL!

Inessa66613

I was very close to give this perfume away but I sprayed it again and the whole day sensed green mango and lots of carrot, FINALLY!!! I really thought it was only about lemon as I wrote below. I discovered that this perfume opens up completely and shows its hidden notes only in cold wintertime like today. Doesn't work for me in summer, squeezing only sour lemon smell.

lilyofthepally
lilyofthepally

This is out of my price range, and since my closest Sephora is a while away from my house, it's been one of those fragrances that I figured I would own only in daydreams. But after finally making the journey to at least get a sniff of it, I have to say it did not quite live up to my expectations. It is by no means a BAD fragrance, and if it were cheaper then I would consider buying a bottle, but as it stands I think it's safe to say my lemming is killed. At least for the way this smelled on the test strip!

I'm learning that I like citrusy notes a lot more than I thought I would, but at first sniff I get no citrus, just greenery. No specific notes, just a whole lot of GREEN. Maybe with an aquatic air to it, even. Very, very fresh. Not at all my thing. It may develop into something sweeter or the other notes may come out on the skin, but on my tester strip it was very flat. Ah well, good news for my wallet! :)

pbluberry
pbluberry

This reminds me of Marc Jacobs Dot except it's citrusy. I can really smell the tropicalness in this. It starts out citrusy and then you can smell the sweet tropical fruit and a little floral. I do like it, it's more complex than Dot but it has the same vibe. I do like this better, Dot is far too strong for my liking and this although is more complex it is also well balanced.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Wore this today, and while it's nice, I doubt I'll be wearing it often. It's a little more cucumber than I like this time of year. It will probably be a nice summer scent, though.
Edit: the drydown on this is horrible. On me, after a few hours, all I get is sweat. It's the same problem I had with Eternity Summer 2009. I don't know what the note is that does that on me, but it's bad.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

I've tested this today.. To me it smells like Kelly caleche (leather)without rose notes + tomatoes and cucumbers...
Quite interesting and original..

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

If you want to smell like a fresh organic cucumber with basil - this is your perfume. But for me No Thanks, I don't want to smell like a salad, I just don't get what the fuss is all about.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is a simple and light scent. Unsweetened pink grapefruit with an aquatic lotus undertone. Not nearly as complex as the notes listed above. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil would best be described as a natural scent. It’s nice, but for Hermes this was a little disappointing. I was expecting much more from this fragrance.

Inessa66613

My stupid blind purchase. I was waiting for carrot and tomato, instead I got 1 kg of LEMONS that stay the same from the very beginning and till the very end. So flat and annoying.

guillermostf
guillermostf

sorry but no. where's the mango? surprise it isn't! come on hermés... my cleaning liquid for bathroom smells better than this. a lot of prestige, a good brand, but not a good parfum for me. seriously, stop selling expensive parfums without creativity. the ode to the lemon.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I had this once, only one bottle, and i did love it while it lasted. It smells green, slightly citrusy, slightly more going on underneath. I havent felt the urge to buy it again. But who knows, i think its more a summer scent, and perhaps i will want it when summer comes again...

Janey1966
Janey1966

Whilst in Madrid's airport in 2005 I got accosted by a saleswoman who wanted me to test Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Hermes using one of those card thingies. I resisted at first but the perfume shop was so overwhelming in its choice that I gave in! I'm glad I did because I loved the smell and bought some there and then, much to the delight of the saleswoman. I remember it being a sweet, fruity smell but not overpowering at all. I haven't bought any since then as it's so expensive but if a present came my way I wouldn't say no.:-p

alyssalim
alyssalim

my favourite for the past 6 years.

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

I LOVE IT!

rpopescu
rpopescu

My wife wears this; we picked it together.
It's a fantastic smell - I love the mango and the very delicate, yet very complex base it stays atop of - this is not a plain "citrus smell", but a carefully orchestrated composition of great depth. I swear we can smell a hint of grilling meat on the barbecue in the first minutes somewhere in there.
On her, sillage is moderate to close and it lasts over 12 hours.

Jonayla
Jonayla

I just love this one. It`s my summer scent. I have use it three bottles and I think I never get bored on this.

It`s fresh, but not too much. It`s also unique. For me it`s like fresh wet lawn in summer mornings.

mituot900
mituot900

I don't know how to say but the smell of it is exactly the smell of 'Chanh muối' drink,which make from lime and salt, a popular and favorite drink in Vietnam.Amazing!

Ceylan
Ceylan

I love this perfume. Its crispy & fresh... Very unusual... Along with the crisp green aromas; As it longs on my skin ... I start to smell incences as if they were burning in the open air... Love the unique & personal feeling when I use it.

Adela7
Adela7

for me it's enjoyable but not at all outstanding or unique. i'm surprised with this one, i expected it to have more personality and at least for me to be able to smell it after 2 hours but it's almost gone. i like the dry down more than the opening.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Does not come off as fruity AT ALL to me. An "ok" fragrance but nothing that I would bother wearing again, too mild and nondescript. A mild, green, watery floral.

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

Very Nice, Safe but Extraordinary scent. Worth every penny you paid for. Green, Clean fresh but not sharp or soapy. When you spray till it faded, you will feel that mmm it's the well blended scent that deliver the wonderful scents since top till base notes till it's gone. Perfect for every ages, every weather, every season, every situation. i found it's most amazing on rainy day.

**my opinion, it's for feminine than for a man, but it marked as unisex maybe coz of no prominent floral**

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

This one is soft cripy lemony.Not to strong, not annoying but not distinctive.

Miss Reem 72
Miss Reem 72

I Love this perfume ! I buy a bottle every summer :)

femmeasis
femmeasis

I LOVE all the Jardins, even though i normally can't wear the fresh scents. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is very watery, complicated, fresh, deep and even mature in some way. Must try for everyone who likes fresh smells but can't find the one proper.

beetruth
beetruth

Starts off with really fresh unripe mango then the lotus starts to come through. It is such a nice scent!
I find it to be perfect for a rainy day. One rainy morning, I was working in front of my computer in the 30-story building, but wearing Un Jardin Sur Le Nil makes me feel like I'm enjoying my day in a fruit orchard...

Londonchick
Londonchick

Love it. nothing more to be said. I doubt this will ever not be in my top 5 for my entire life.
Its very individual, very green but not cold.
Sophisticated and alluring. Unusual and ethereal. Its popular and well known BUT
I'm glad its not "massively mainstream"
cos I want it all to myself.....
:-)

nettai
nettai

When I sprayed this on paper, I fell in love instantly with the scent! I felt like I wanted to buy one. It smells so pleasant like I am lying down on a meadowy breezy field filled with a bit of fruits and veggies.

However, when I sprayed on my wrist, it was too strong on me. I felt really dizzy and I really wanted to wash it away that instant.

It's a great scent, but only with the right chemistry.

vergil_s
vergil_s

اصلا خوشم نیومد!
وقتی تستش کردم دوستام بهم گفتن که بوی میوه گندیده میدم!
مخصوصا با بوی هویجش اصلا نتونستم ارتباط برقرار کنم!
هیچ خوشم نیومد.
فقط رنگ شیش خوبه!

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is one of the most "personal" scents I have ever experienced. And by that I mean that I don't think this is a scent you wear to affect others but almost only to please yourself. To me, after the initial bright citrus notes it quickly becomes a contemplative scent image of a summer garden made exotic by the mango and incense.

gmstrack
gmstrack

So far I’ve tried two fragrances from the Hermes jardin line: un jardin sur le nil and un jardin en mediterranee. Both fragrances open with a blast of bright, clean citrus and immediately one can understand that these are sibling composition. The perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena, has cleverly crafted beautiful outdoor scenery full of depth and hidden treasures.

Un jardin sur le nil begins by presenting a beautiful green mango (with grapefruit) that dominates the composition. After 5-30 minutes on the skin, other aspects of the garden politely appear; most notably a holographic carrot flickers in and out. As the plants in the garden start to fade out, the base of musky-incense takes over and the floral aspect gains power.

Un jardin en mediterranee opens with citrus and beautiful, sweet evergreen. The fig is noticeable, but not remarkable. What is remarkable is the ghost of a salty sundrenched tomato permeating the entire garden. Although it takes longer for this composition to fade down (almost 2 hours), the remaining base notes are very similar those of a jardin sur le nil.

There is no denying Ellena’s genius; I can close my eyes and feel the sun and the gentle breeze in the salty air. My main issue with both jardins is how the fragrance develops over time on the skin. In both cases, the garden falls apart in an hour or two and all we are left with is a generic musky-perfume base. The garden is in perfect harmony when tested on paper ($) and this is usually a good sign that development on the skin will be either linear or result in disjointed decomposition. Both fragrances display characteristics of the latter, making the experience a little disappointing. I prefer un jardin en mediterranee because I love evergreen notes and I wonder if the addition of the woody basenotes of cedar could extend the dry down.

Un jardin sur le nil: 2.5/5
Un jardin en mediterranee: 3.5/5

TinyClanger
TinyClanger

Perfection.

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

never once in my life that I ever like vegetables. My mother serve it in the table? meh. I never like how it smells or taste, its just horribly bad things!

then I get myself a bottle of Le Nil. so what would I expect?

a citrus and vegetables. how good was it? actually it's really good! I have to say that veggies notes here is something really breakthrough in perfume world. citrus with woody, citrus with aquatic is just mainstream. so Hermes present us with something else... veggies with citrus, and amazingly turned out near-perfect! its smooth and relaxing without offending anyone. its soothing in almost uplifting way. with even if longevity is a concern, Le Nil is a masterpiece by her scent alone

Hermes, you make the only vegetables that I adore. no Ma, I still won't eat that carrots. I'm not rabbit

skinnyme
skinnyme

I would drink this if I could!

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

I’ve seen a couple different note schemes for this, so I’m going to stick with what I know. I get quite a bit of unripe citrus on the opening. The mango seems the dominant note to me, and the grapefruit is always lurking in the background. The top notes last very long on me, a few hours before what I perceive to be an abrupt transition to the middle notes. The middle notes are also very strong at first and then they die down to a very light scent also. I don’t get much distinction from the middle notes, perhaps a faint floral.

So far as the scent itself goes, I have to say I am not a fan, and I’m actually surprised that there are so many people that are so impressed by this. Some people have gone raving mad in their reviews. It’s a mediocre citrus at best, IMO. I enjoy this fragrance for about 10 minutes, until the top notes start to blend and leave one very gigantic unpleasant note that smells like wet pantyhose drying on a shower rod. And I get this weird scent for a long time. I know that it is green citrus, but the blending of the top notes almost makes some kind of other ontological olfactory entity – it’s like something out of a 50’s horror movie.

There are many good citrus scents out there. I do not find this to be one of them.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I have two small vials in a tiny orange Hermes box for whoever would like to swap it for something else. I much prefer Un jardin en mediterranee.

Lemon Dragonfly
Lemon Dragonfly

Love citrusy perfumes.But not this one. Have to admit it wasn't my lucky blind purchase. Anyone wants to swap?

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

This perfume makes me feel like I live in California. It's the middle of summer, and my rich next-door neighbors, who live in an enormous mansion with a swimming pool surrounded by orange trees, have escaped the heat to their summer house in Aspen or Switzerland, or wherever rich people go to cool off. It really seems such a waste to let that pool sit empty while the neighbors are gone (and it's not like they ever use it when they're home, anyway), so, naturally, I wait until dark, then I jump the fence, tear off my clothes, and jump naked into their pool, while the orange trees are in full bloom and their overripe blossoms litter the surface of the water, infusing it with their nectar.

I`ll stick with it.

This fragrance is the most interesting between the citrusy fresh fragrances!

A combination of the grapefruit, green mango and calamus notes make this fragrance very complex and unusual.

This fragrance reminds me about the sea water with the different water plants in it. And the design of its bottle and package suits to it very much.

It's perfect for the hot weather, because it's citrusy fresh and not sweet. And its lasting power is very good.

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is really amazing! Love it!:)

ADCout
ADCout

Truly, one of my most interesting experiences in my discovery through the world of perfumes.

Un Jardin Sur le Nil... the name is so beautiful, and suggestive! It makes me think in peaceful places, and relaxing moments.

The bottle is so simple and clean, and the soft colours represented in there are beautiful, making a wonderful "dégradé".

So, I pick up the bottle, I put the perfume in my wrist, I close my eyes, and I smell, deeply.

I'm instantanely transported to Heaven. This is how Heaven should smell like. Clean, natural, angelic, simple and at the same time complex, magical, mystic and mysterious...

I open my eyes, and I keep walking. This perfume is so brilliantly constructed and well-made that I can't stop sniffing my arm.

I get loads of mango, grapefruit, and vegetables (carrot and tomato). I also get a flowery note (lotus), and a smoky one (incense).

This last me for quite a good hours, thank to God, and the sillage is just perfect: noticeable, without being too loud.

It is definetly a masterpiece... for the whole year round... for the whole life :)

paulhunter

I think this fragrance is a true masterpiece. It transports me to a tropical garden of blooming flowers and fresh fruit. The scent lasts for 9 good hours on me and it is fairly linear but is 100% beautiful the whole time. This is what I want the world to smell like :]

sjatnika
sjatnika

That's true. Once you spray this to any parts of your body, you just can't stop sniffing it. The scent is so complicated that I just can say...brilliant! Never get bored or tired with this one. Right after purchasing it has become my signature fragrance. Love the smell of mango in it. Fresh, unique, sophisticated, and just...WOW!

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

Love this fragrance. It was my first purchase from Hermès. I love the fresh green scent and it's perfect for a fresh spring/early summer fragrance. I will say, it does not last very long - at least not on my skin. Although it is an EDT, for a $140 bottle of a fragrance I would expect something that lasts longer. I carry around a travel bottle when I wear it so I can reapply. I love the Un Jardin line and I plan on purchasing more from Hermès. This is a great edition to your fragrance collection. Just keep in mind that it doesn't have the best longevity.

brigittehiroshi
brigittehiroshi

I like this fragrance but as in other Hermès perfumes, I found a longevity problem on my skin.

First I tried Un Jardin après la Mousson, which I didn't specially like and smelled like nothing on my skin. So soft it was almost like just water.

Later I tried Un Jardin sur le Nil (Hermès has such a beautifull names for the fragrances) and I liked the scent. Kind of fruity and floral, fresh and soft spicy. For my taste it was maybe too soft because I prefer stronger perfumes, but I liked it.

But after just one hour I didn't smell anything on my skin. I tried it several times using more quantity, and I feel there's some kind of "communication" problem between Hermès fragrances and me. Projection is moderate, but longevity is incredibly bad. It's a pitty because usually Hermès produces some incredibly good perfumes like Terre that this one yes, this one has a very good longevity on my skin.

jventura489
jventura489

I love this fragrance and I wish I could purchase it, it's so pricey though...I will have to do with samples until I can collect the pennies to buy it. At first I too thought it had no lasting power but i found that it lasts longer on clothing, so I spray it all over myself before I leave for work, it gives me such a pick me up on cloudy days that's for sure. Usually I'm not a fan of citrus but this is citrus done just right!

anromath
anromath

I really love this fragrance, but it has absolutely no staying power, and that makes me very sad.

cryptic
cryptic

...he read of the Obelisk in the Place de la Concorde that weeps tears of granite in its lonely sunless exile and longs to be back by the hot, lotus-covered Nile, where there are Sphinxes, and rose-red ibises, and white vultures with gilded claws, and crocodiles with small beryl eyes that crawl over the green steaming mud...

The Picture of Dorian Gray
(Oscar Wilde)

gracious
gracious

Great perfume, elegant but not entirely female. It has long-term. I think it's best to try before you buy

Igor Rosenkreuz
Igor Rosenkreuz

I loved the basenotes of this fragrance. The Mango opening and citrus body (I didn't get the lotus in my skin at all, which is weird) don't appeal too much for me, but when the bottom notes emerged it was wonderful! great for summer days

misterjohn
misterjohn

Just tried a sample of this. It's a lovely scent, very different from everything else out there. I expected to be blown away by it, but that's not the case. It's very refreshing and clean smelling with its mix of fruits and veggies. It transports you into a garden if you close your eyes while sniffing. It's another beautifully crafted offering by Ellena.

Despite all this, I'm just not captivated by it. It's a like, a strong like, but not a love. Cannot really explain it.

ralucucky
ralucucky

I like it a lot, but the lasting power on me is very very weak (max. 30 min - 1 hour).

Linofrina
Linofrina

I really like it. Not so extraordinary as expected to be but I hope that it will blossom in spring-summer.

editionblanche
editionblanche

if paradise has a smell, they bottled it in this one
hermes is unbeatable

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

I tried this one today. I thought i was going to like it, because of so many good comments I've read on it, but don't.
It smells like vegetables. Of course, it has tomato and carrot in it. But is smells like a carrot juice, nauseating. I could't wait to wash it out.

my2spritz
my2spritz

I love this fragrance, it encompasses a wide array of greens, from fresh cut springtime grasses and summertime vegetables, to crisp winter evergreen pines.

My nose doesn't lock up with this perfume and I seem to be able to distinguish many notes. I get green mango and carrots, they're barely sweet with a pulpy, fibrous, wetness. There's velvety tomato leaves, a light incense, a pinch of grated citrus zest, and a brisk waft of recently picked flowers.

Additionally, it reminds me of one of my favorite delicacies, Chicken Pho (a rare treat because it's not first choice among my friends). My favorite Vietnamese restaurant serves the fresh vegetables on a separate dish from the chicken & broth. Un Jardin Sur Le Nil smells like that plate of Asian vegetables before dumping them into my soup bowl.

Also, I get cilantro, which I love, and is an important finding to point out because cilantro is a very powerful little plant that has caused lots of controversy within the culinary world. There are people who consider themselves cilantrophobes, even Julia Child has been quoted saying she would pick it out of a dish and throw it on the floor if it was served to her in an entree. I figure Un Jardin Sur Le Nil may have a Love/Hate fanfare with no grey areas, sorta like the previously mentioned herb.

scribs
scribs

i just got this today and people let me say THIS is how u use incense in a fragrance! i love this frag, the opening hits u with a sweet and citrusy blast of mango and lemon (the lemon fades) but the mango remains a distinguished note throughout the whole drydown, then the incense starts taking effect and when mixed with the mango creates a delicious yet wearable smell. i was afraid of the incense note at the beginning after having smelled loewe 7 i thought it would always smell like a church but this frag pulls it off brilliantly. the projection is not AMAZING but it projects pretty well, after about an hour or so it stays pretty close to the skin, and longevity goes around 5 hours or so so for a summer time frag its very good. i give it a 9.5 o.o. 10, amazing smell, chic bottle and great compliments

WildDove
WildDove

I like the fresh green opening, the mango, but the incense becomes overpowering and makes it unwearable for me.

kima.holland
kima.holland

love this for during the day.....not too overwhelming
yet citrussy and fresh.

alyaa
alyaa

I grew up in a house very close to the river Nile and we had a huge mango tree that I used to sometimes sleep under. This perfume doesnt smell of the garden where the mango tree is, it doesnt smell of the nile but it smells of the green mangoes that we used to pick before ripening and eat with salt and lime. To me it is very fresh, unisex and longlasting and with a subdued silage. A nice scent that we can share in the family and suitable for work, sports or any day time activity.

I can't get over all the hubbub that this perfume causes. I don't see anything special about it. It's bland, fairly linear, and watery.

It opens with a surprisingly realistic burst of green mango (I actually eat green mangoes frequently), so I expected a masterpiece. But within 5 seconds, the mango disappeared and I was left with a very dull sandalwood. The entire fragrance seemed to disappear without a trace within 20 minutes. Where was the incense and cinnamon? This is my least favorite of the series, kind of a rip-off as far as I'm concerned.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I like it, I really do, it is fresh and green and just thing for a coldish, grey day. Also after 4 hours I can still smell it on my skin. So yes its a keeper.

In UN JARDIN SUR LE NIL, the opening salvo of salty green shredded mango is rather bitter and nearly sour enough to qualify as a pickle. But that impression fortunately subsides quickly, at which point a strong steamed rice-like note takes over this composition, along with what smells to me like green tea. Conclusion: this smells more like it came from Japan than the shores of the Nile to me.

In waves, the quasi-rice note smells sometimes to me like rice cakes or even vaguely of popcorn! In fact, now that I think about it, there is an almost genmaicha tea scent here—albeit slightly too bitter. Well, I guess that I'm an outlier on this one. I do believe that this member of the Jardin series is more original than either MEDITERRANEE or MOUSSON, but its eccentricity is not enough to overcome the sour quality which would definitely prevent me from wearing this as anything but a novelty scent.

louritasilk
louritasilk

I didn't like it much at the first sniff, but as time goes by it grew on me. I really like it now. Nevertheless, I wouldn't but it, I'd wait for someone to give it to me as a present :P The fact is that this is a lovely fragrance but I'm more into strong/powerful scents.
Besides, I think I like Sur le toit better... But I can't come to terms with my self as regards this essue. n_n

bagusperfume
bagusperfume

lovely perfume. good enough for office daily activity. long lasting for the little squeeze on your shirt.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Oh, please! With this series, Hermes are stretching themselves to the limits of bizarre! Jardin Sur Le Nil is twisted, tortured, "you see how different & special I am" fragrance. Totally agree with eranaral, so go ahead if you want to smell as if you have soaked yourself in gaspacho.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Well if this isn't the STRANGEST floral-fruity! Fruity in the opening? Oh yeah! A loud, puckering, shiny green, sweet and sour lotus that comes in loud and clear--perhaps armed with a baseball bat. Lotus will hit you over the head, and then run away, leaving a loud trace that eventually disappears.

After that there is a twist of green leaves, maybe a green couisin of the Lotus--along with an almost harsh smoke (from the getaway perhaps?) Smoking driftwood that burns itself out and then just becomes woody. Then insensey. Florals? Maybe way out there.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever smelled--and I can't wait to know it better.

username101
username101

It is very soothing, watery, fresh, luxurious and clean (but not in an antiseptic way). There's very unique in this green-fresh perfume that I smell. Gently green, not strongly herby, sharp and overpowering. LOVE this.

Deecii
Deecii

I love this fragrance. It is peace inducing for me and clean. When wearing this and practicing yoga, it enhances the experience for me. It is about HOW a fragrance makes me feel and I love how this makes me feel.

rosecat
rosecat

O Love this perfume, its fresh and green, green , green, I cant stop smelling myself when wearing it, it just drives me crazy - animalistic urges I cannot describe in words - i dont know why maybe its just the magic of the composition, so right, its the only perfume that does this to me. I smell GREEN, lemon, Hycinth, there is fresh water on herbs, it smells like a herb garden just after the rain, a delicious scent. It would suit both man/women. If only my husband would wear perfume, I would be ravaging him!

Norgirl
Norgirl

wow this is fresh , crisp , like a clear morning whit bright sun after a cleansing rain.
citrusy and tomato is strong in the opening whit a hint off mango and the pine hat comes whit it. this could easely get get cold buy this not but it is warm and fresh also . not to strong one the hyasith , (luckely)Waterflowers are more prominant and makes this very fresh aswell. i cant so far detect so much more off the notes .
thi would be good for warm days in the sun ,or eaven sports . a real joy to wear. fun aswell

id
id

Fresh and crisp a little bit bitter, delicate without a doubt. Lovely and bright. I like it a lot. As somebody said it reminds me of Fanta :) Inhale, inhale inhale... And all Hermes jardins smells better for me in autumn or when it rains.

secamel
secamel

I finally tested yesterday! Wow! Very very nice. It starts with the green mango note and then it settles into a fruity/floral summer scent that is just lovely.

I´m gonna buy it for sure, and this and Mugler Cologne will be my summer fragances.

The vivid and almost poetical reviews are in fact, TRUE! This is a masterpiece, it is so natural and so yummy that I almost pour some lemon and salt to my arm and eat ''Mango Biche(green)´´.

It fits summer like a bathing suit!!!

eranaral
eranaral

This is a fresh vegetable scent and thats as far as it developed on me. I can smell celery, tomato, and other fresh greens. It has great lasting power but how can I feel comfortable when I was walking around feeling like a vegan salad.

JToronto
JToronto

Isn't it strange how we all smell such different things in the same perfume? This one seems especially polarizing: some love it, others hate; some say it is too "strong & sharp", others call it delicate without staying power - how can this all be the same juice? For me, I find it very light and delicate, but unique - I am IN LOVE with the topnotes of green mango, with something salty and earthy in there too, fresh and not too heavy but a little bit sexy in an unorthodox way. I think, "this is my dream fragrance" but then, after an hour, it is gone. Whatever is in the heart and drydown just disappears on me, pity my bad chemistry because I'd love to smell like that topnote all day! Haven't tried it in really sweltering humid heat so maybe it is indeed a perfume that works best in that kind of climate.

Małgoś
Małgoś

Un jardin sur le Nil is a sharp flowery/leafy fragrance, and a little tangy, too. I would also call it both woody and "watery", at the same time.

You see, I am still confused by this smell, and not a fan, unfortunately. It is quite strong and long lasting.

To me it lacks subtlety and feminity - but it's a unisex, after all. Nonetheless, for a man to wear it, he must love tangy, budding flowers, as this is what this smell is all about. Not masculine, either.

artsymom
artsymom

I love it! This is a great, unusual scent! Even though the the name suggests the Nile, to me this fragrance represents what a sunny picnic in a field along the Mediterranean might smell like. But its cool outside so someone is burning a fire and there are little wisps of smoke mixing with the salty breeze. Food scents of lemon, pepper, basil, tomato, crisp white wine, arugula. Earthy and refreshing. Nice zing and green notes without burning your nasal passages like some (Calyx does that to me). At first I smell the lemons and something green and peppery (arugula-like). I'm not sure what bulbrush smells like and haven't been able to find any info to describe it, but I'm wondering if that is this smell? I may also smell a little tomato, but no carrot. After wearing for several hours, it loses its zing and what remains is a soft, slightly citrus sweet musk with a hint of water and lotus- this is where I think I get a hint of the green mango. Awesomely complex- could almost be classified a savory gourmand! But I am a foodie...
Oh, and yes, this probably works best in warm or humid climates.

MakiSprzhenmozgic
MakiSprzhenmozgic

This fragrance is amazing, I love it, I love it, I love it....!!!! it is so refreshing! My favorite is CREED millesime imperial, who ever loves this hermes he will adore CREED MILLESIME IMPERIAL those are fragrances for all opportunities!!!! I think that price of this fragnance should be higher then the other ones of HERMES!!!!!!

AJ73
AJ73

I first noticed this fragrance on someone in Bangkok last year. I hardly ever ask anyone what they're wearing but I did this time because I thougt the scent was absolutely stunning. Back in Northern Europe I tried it a couple of times but I didn't get the same vibe. Now that I'm living on the Caribean Island of St Maarten it finally shows it's full potential again. Un Jardin Sur le Nil is a truly amazing parfum but it needs a hot and humid environment. It doesn't work in colder climates.

Grottola
Grottola

So, I'm the first person here to mention that Sur le Nil smells uncomfortably close to Terre?

Well, at least for me. The fresh tomato leaf note seems to indicate Terre d'Hermes (in my brain) and I smell a little Iso E Super in there as well. I think Sur le Nil is just OK, nothing I'd buy or wear again.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

Lovely opening notes of grapefruit and tomato leaf. LASTS!

Cieleste
Cieleste

the only perfume that never make me bored. very fresh and crisp.. love this

Turcker
Turcker

Nice clean citrus smell. But it doesn't last.

Miss_J
Miss_J

Very citrusy opening, I didn't get the carrot smell at all. The middle notes were fresh and watery,I guess it's the lotus. This is not your ordinary fruity florals. Fresh,bright,watery concoction of summer. Love it.

sarah bebe
sarah bebe

Beautiful fragrance!! Bought it today for my mum and loved it so much that i went back to buy it for myself!! It's very fresh and feels like it's part of you as it's not at all overpowering! I usually wear Dyptique Philosykos(fig) or Estee lauder Bronze goddess because i love a summery fragrance that smells of an exotic place and this actually smells like a mediterranean garden!! I love it!!!!!

Sugandha
Sugandha

Just try this today ! Love it carrot-y scent and lotus is my favorite note.
at first sniff it's sour, then after 30 minutes, I can smell something spicy which add a little bit warm feeling to the scent (know later it must be cinnamon as the list show).
this fragrance is extremely, beautifully refreshing in the rainy day,
I can imagine myself standing over a hill with after-raining green field and fully breathing fresh air in (Is it too much ?)
A must-have for me !!!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was refreshing...for the whole two minutes it lasted. Maybe I just need to spray more, because what I did smell was nice. The opening is kind of like a vegetable garden,I can smell the tomato leaf and other green notes quite distinctly. Then the lotus takes over and that's pretty much it for me. Lotus and a bit of hyacinth. I wish I got more of the incense or indeed any of the mango, which is meant to be so predominant.

GMH
GMH

Definately worth a try. I was looking for an every other day summer fragrance for my collection with a difference. Already having a citrus & an aquatic for everyday summer use I decided on trying a GREEN fruity summer fragrance for a contrast.I was looking for something with a bit more maturity than Lacoste essential but still with a green summer vibe & after a bit of research, this seemed to be the one to try. The dominent note is green unripened mango. When I first smelled this mango accord my first impression was'nt great, it first appeared to smell too much like a plant in a warm green house. But when I went back & tried this a 2nd time I liked this a lot more. It does have a very green botanical smell but it is balanced well with the fragrant sweetness of the mango note which is dominant. The mango note is actually the most natural interpretation of mango I have smelt. Definately the level of quality you would expect from Jean Claude Elena. Definately worth trying this. the incense note also gives this a pleasent drydown. You could imagine being in a warm egyptian garden when you smell this. Projection moderate to good.

dianthus
dianthus

Today I was in mood for lemon in a hot day and it was a bingo! Clean lemon smiled widely from my wrists:)...the sparkling freshness melt down after couple of minutes and it turns to smooth and cold feeling(somewhere between notes I feel a drop of Eau de Rochas, lotus?). This stage of coldness longs for an hour maybe and then turned into tidy elegant bathroom smell, but NOT the one when you do what you have to, flush and go away, but the SPA-type one, where you can bath, look behind the huge widow on a ZEN garden, meditate and relax.The walls are made of marmure, towels are white and so fresh... But then the hot wind from dessert came and a cloud of sand dust flow trought the window...it must be incense!. I love it without that dust (it's typical for my skin to turn incese this way :( ). But with dust it is also very enjoyable. Definately for hot day and very very longlasting!

glamgirl
glamgirl

I love wearing this fragrance in the middle of winter. It makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a jungle. It's definitely an unusual fragrance, and extremely long lasting. You'll either love it or hate it.

azure_holic
azure_holic

just my humble opinion on this perfume. I got a decant and tried it on in a spring day. It smelled mango, lots of green mango. I didn't enjoy it very much. Duh. Mango in spring days. The perfume was just sitting on my skin, shining its beauty on its own. There was no connection between us. But i was determined to give it another go. Now that it's summer days in Hanoi. And if you've ever been to Hanoi, you know how humid it is. Hot and HUMID. One cannot imagine herself wearing a perfume and walking outdoor. You will have to stay in an air-con room to be able to wear and tolerate any sort of perfume (i just don't care for aquatic juices. To me they smell all too sharp and heady in this sort of climate). And I decide to wear Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. Just one word. Divine. You still smell mango, but a lot more pleasant and beautiful. And then you get that musky and incense feeling all melted in your skin. I have never smelled so pleasant in summer days except for this one and Eau de Givenchy. This is definitely a beautiful experience with Hermes. I am sure to buy this juice.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

Imagine a quiet garden pond with water lilies gracefully extending their heads above the surface of the cool water. A few sunbeams strike the water, creating glimmers of gold. Fish flash about, causing tiny ripples...a place of well-being!

Heverton
Heverton

After the initial spray, I felt myself at a fair, with those green mangoes for sale in one hand, while on the other hand a vendor was selling vegetables, sat next to someone who was selling flowers, especially Lotus Flower! Fantastic!

Then, I felt transported to my house, surrounded by a garden, while inside, in another room, someone lit incense that slowly begins to take care of the house with a very pleasant aroma!

A masterpiece created by Jean-Claude Ellena. A subtle scent, without the necessity of self-affirmation.

senisteve
senisteve

This is a truly beautiful and versatile perrfume. It smells different on different people. It is classed as a unisex and rightly so it compliments men and women alike. It smells energising on a friend who has the same one as me and clean on my father whereas on me it' s bizarrely feminine. It is perfect for my aura i believe which makes me very happy as it is difficult to find a scent who agrees so well with your being.

babybash44
babybash44

This is: Delicious Refreshing Deep Pure Beautiful Masculine Feminine Perfect. If I had the money, I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but we all know Hermes isn't famous for their unbeatable prices :/ I still love this, though. It has a special place in my heart.

huiyt
huiyt

All I smell is one note: pink grapefruit, juicy and very natural. Perfect on a really hot, humid summer day!

Duver
Duver

This reminds me a lot of Solo Loewe. They both remind me of Fanta.

Louw
Louw

This starts off nicely, and I love the lotus and the subtle hints of incense that come through. Unfortunately, there's something in the base - something slightly bitter and woody but I'm not sure what it is - that really sets me on edge and spoils the perfume for me, so it's not one for me.

denmaz
denmaz

the opening is bad, smells like rotten orange. but then it's develop into a rich aroma. give it another minute to enjoy. not really loud, but the projection is good.

It`s just excellent.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

Starts out very sharp, green and woody on me. My husband likened it to insect repellant. But, oh, the dry down is exquisite! The sharpness lasts for maybe fifteen minutes. Then, it morphs into a lovely, soft floral/incense scent. I usually use five sprays of this (two on my wrists and the rest on my neck/chest) and it will last all day on me. I only wear this on very hot days as the sharpness lasts longer on me if it's colder outside. The heat really brings out the beauty of this fragrance.

PS. I did get this for a steal online. I'm not sure I would repurchase this ETD due to the inflated price.

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

Something is bothering me from the start to the end in jardin sur le nil. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, except that I thought it smelled weirdly of vegetables when i first smelled it... Now i see it comes from the tomato and carrot!!! I guess it could have been a good idea, (like in I love les carottes, a super fun and surprising perfume) but, in my opinion, the vegetable smell just doesn't go well at all with the strong mango note. Plus, with the touch of incense that i can smell after a couple of minutes, i find it a little bit sickning.... A definite pass for me. But i know it is very original, unique and doesn't smell synthetic in the least, so i understand why so many people love it.

Doc Elly

Starts out extremely “prickly”, with whatever that annoying note is that makes me want to sneeze, along with some sweet citrus. The citrus is nice, the dry, prickly note not so nice, since it makes the composition smell like all of the cheap drugstore perfumes that use it.

The prickliness stays there through at least the first half of the drydown, ruining (in my opinion) what might otherwise be an excellent fragrance. I really get no hint of mangoes or any other fruit, unless the fruit is represented by a slightly sweet note, nor do I smell any lotus. Of course, the prickly stuff overpowers just about anything else that might be in there, so it’s not surprising that these subtle notes get masked.

There are some green herbs along with the citrus, and in the end the whole thing dries down to a slightly woody musk that has an ambrette note. Sillage is moderate, and longevity is 6-8 hours, at least. I’m not crazy about Le Nil, much preferring En Mediterranee.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I really must be missing something with this fragrance as everyone else seems to love it!

To me it just smells absolutely acrid, the opening is so bitter it takes me aback and makes me recoil from it. I could never wear it.

Bicewtry
Bicewtry

I love this perfume. It's very long lasting, special and pleasant!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Never in my life did i think a fragrance would take me on a journey but this one truly did.from the minute i sprayed it on my hand out of curiosity and more so based on reviews here,I was taken back to my childhood days in Africa running through gardens,picking tropical fruits of all shapes and sizes.Oh the memories.

the best part of this fragrance is the top notes.they are so natural and mellow.most citrus scents around are so sharp and pungent they almost either make me sneeze or give me an instant headache.this one didnt although I must admit when oversprayed will be overwhelming.I get the mango,grapefruit/lime and guava leaves and for me these remain throughout.nothing synthetic here at all.I dont even smell the incense at the base and to be honest i dont care if I never smell it.lol.
This is highly recommended for hot summer days.some people complain about longevity.Yeah I can see that.4 hours of wearing it and it's gradually fading but still get wafts of it every now and then.it's potency mellows but settles into a soft citrusy lingering smell.am wondering what to do with the rest of my summer scents now after nosing in on this.

dina
dina

I thought this one would become my favorite from les Jardins but unfortunately, it didn't...

It starts with a burst of lovely citruses, I didn't get any mango; but just a few minutes later, it turns into a strange mix of melon and incense on my skin. I'm not saying it's bad, on the contrary it's very fresh and rather unique with the melon/incense combo but just not me...

A great summer fragrance, very fresh, green and long lasting.

delphine67
delphine67

this smells interesting. carrots and tomatoes in the top notes.it gives the scent a veggy vibe to it. not sure if I like it. that tomato note is to prominent right now

In my opinion this is the least interesting in the "Un Jardin" serie. A Fresh, almost inconsistent green tropical fruit water with a barely nice drydown composed by shy hints of incense and vetiver.

Rating: 5.5-6/10

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Thank you dear Adiro for a decant of it! For me it's DIVINE! You can clearly feel that it is a Hermes - high quality, refined, classy.

I would never think that a floral fruity can be classy, but Hermes can turn everything into class.

I will be so happy to acquire a full bottle of it!

Papi
Papi

When I read your guys reviews, I knew it's the time for me to get a hold of it. What a disappointment. I refused to look at the price. Thanks!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Smells just like crisp, green mango on opening--a little powdery, tart and delicious. Grapefruit gives this a cheerful clarity. Bitter herbal tomato leaves then creep in, and overall give the entrance a fresh, clean, earthy, yet still aromatic aura.

Citrus remains through the heart as the fragrance develops, but becomes sweeter as the aquatic botanics emerge.

Sadly for me, the aromatics eventually depart and a light woody floral musk remains. Still beautifully transparent, ambrosial and unique, but I live for a different type of drydown.

Un Jardin sur le Nil is certainly a high quality fragrance all the way and still makes its way to my Love list. I'll enjoy wearing it just for its heartily optimistic opening.

funky_gina
funky_gina

I do not like the opening somehow it smells like a herb 'garden' at the beginning, the dry down is nice floral with a strong sense of citrus note(s) which makes it refreshing and clean. It is not a warm or a cool or sweet scent at all. It is great for summer due to it is citrus/floral feel. It lasts a long time on my skin. It is a much better choice than Light Blue from D&G for those who like fresh 'lemony' scents . . . though this one is without the sweetness.

nada
nada

i think I bought if because in some distant way it reminded me of my first perfume - Chloe Innocence... water hyacinth freshness about it.

but what's all about those vegetables on the top notes in your smell pyramid? From the pictures you'd think you walk smelling like alotment if you try it. This perfume is anything but vegetables:) I smell rosted pine nuts, grapefruit, maybe mango....

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

One of my favourite fragrances of all time ! Even my boss asked once what I was wearing (and he is not the type interested in such trivial things as perfume).
Wonderful for warmer days as it is never overwhelming, it is uplifting for my spirits whenever I need such encouragement and apart from all that : classy classy classy !
Longevity is not too bad for an EdT (which usually does not stay more than 3-4 hours on me). Projection : light
One of the very very few bottles which I have re-bought in the past.
I could never be without UJSLN in spring and summer !

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is another beautifully crafted perfume from Hermes. You can tell that the quality is there. It's really fresh, as I wonder whether a garden on the Nile would be in reality?? At least it's not the Ganges. I don't get any incense, and I would classify it as floral green rather than floral fruity. But..I think I am TOO OLD for it!! because it really doesn't speak to me. I most certainly don't dislike it, but I see it as a younger woman's summertime splash. I DO like Apres le Mousson though.
__________________________

After a couple of hours of wearing this I have changed my mind. This "innocuous" scent which was not speaking to me earlier has become very naughty and is whispering to me to take it to bed. It is absolutely divine & I will tell you about it in the morning.....

It stayed on my wrist all night and gave me sweet dreams. Got to get a big bottle straight away.

P.S. Chandler Burr's book "The Perfect Scent" makes interesting reading about how this scent evolved from an idea, and gives great insight into the perfume industry in general.

eteled
eteled

Allthough this smells good, I would not recommend it to a man. This smells like an all womens fragrance.

movs
movs

How should I describe this mysterious and at the same time natural scent, so well composed that I find it hard to distinguish the single notes?
I think I’ll describe it as a fragrance that captures some tendency in society of the first decade of this century: environmental awareness combined with a healthy soul in a healthy (non-smoker) body. It is so natural and fresh.

This perfume starts as an energy boost with fresh, pure grapefruit, just a little bitter, that clears your mind and prepares you to ”seize the day”. Under the citrus you’ll find a layer of aromatic herbs and fresh tomato plants, which gives this scent an over all impression of something very natural, that you can actually find in the nature.
Finally Incense combined with hyacinth is adding dept to the perfume and giving it a little mysterious twist. The notes blend very fine together in an almost aroma therapeutical way.
Before the perfume dies out it turns in to af faint floral scent. In spite of the flowers I would rather describe this perfume as an aromatic than a floral green. This perfume is most about lemon and herbs.

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is a unique perfume, there's nothing quite like it. It will work equally well on men and women.

In 3 words: AROMATIC - FRESH - CITRUS

edooardo
edooardo

At first there is a good smell of green mango.
But after some minutes it disappears and becomes completly feminine with a lot of flowers.

Doc Elly

Starts out mainly as the fresh scent of grated lemon peel along with a little bit of sharp green herbal scent that may be from the tomato leaf or the mango that are listed in the description, but would never be identifiable as either. There’s just a hint of floral notes and musk in the background. As the scent dries down, the citrus and green notes recede and a clean, slightly ambery musk takes over.

The scent lasts the better part of a day, with remnants of the musk remaining for at least 24 hours. Although I enjoyed this fragrance, nothing in it really jumped out and grabbed my attention. It's the sort of pleasant, undemanding scent that I can spray on and pretty much ignore.

rosabell
rosabell

I tested this on my wrist and couldn't scrub it off sooner to get rid of it. The scent is sharp, masculine, a bit like Eden by Cacharel. It made me feel nauseous, like vomiting. I couldn't hink of anyone wearing this in summer, because it is too heavy and not fresh at all. I didn't like it at all- it is acid, vinegar-like. Not for a woman. If I want an aquatic, there is always a L'eau by Kenzo, which is indeed fresh and great. This.... is a big no-no but I wouldn't call it a disppointment, since I have noticed that there are lots of people who appreciate Hermes scents exactly for what I cannot stand them :) . But that's life, and as long as the person next to me is not wearing this catastrophy, I'm fine with it ! :))

Jessica Sou
Jessica Sou

OOOOh, too bad. I was gifted by a friend. The top note made me feel dizzy and sick...I need to try to find out what scent it was so sharp...

foxglove
foxglove

Very clean, summery fragrance with an opening burst of melon and mango - mango stone rather than mango flesh. But it disappeared very quickly - I got through a bottle in no time.

moly
moly

I was really curious about this fragrance and thanks to Vickalena I have an opportunity to test it. I am so happy. It is gorgeous scent, optimistic and sunny. It is on my shop list from now on, or rather on my birthday present list. Vickalena, thank you once more!

len2184
len2184

now this is somethis special, the opening smell like the white part of an orange peel (way different than the orange part), also is noticeable a far carrot tone, then as the juice star to dry down and mixes with my skin PH the mango start to appear, but is like a "not done yet" mango, not a green neither a right mango but right in the middle of both (this combination of notes smell very fresh and distinctive).

After like twenty minutes the opening starts to fade giving pass to the floral notes… which I wish I were more sensitive to differentiate this notes. You´ll have this fresh¬-floral smell with you for about 4 hours at most (at least on my skin) and then is gone… the incense, cinnamon, and tomato notes weren´t there for me.

In few words, when I smell UJSLN it takes me to a Caribbean island, The kind that has a small tropical forest within the coast where orchids, mango trees and pond flowers enrich the air and mixes with the freshness of the ocean.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I read that Dame Helen Mirren wears this.

pansylady
pansylady

This fragrance has a strong, heady mango note that came on overly strong for about an hour, and made me feel a little nauseous- and then, poof... the whole fragrance disappeared into thin air...

Just for an initial impression, it starts off very citrusy on my skin. Then it becomes meatier with carrot and mango. Tomatoes essence is not noticeable and I am glad (I don't like tomatoes). When the top begins to fade, here comes the floral notes that smell similar to Un Jardin Mediterranee, but Sur Le Nil is more pleasant for me. Both of these become more alike as they mellows into the same direction of being floral aquatic. I don't find anything different here at the base. They both are just light and sweet watery.

Sur Le Nil is more fresh & citrusy overall while Mediterranee is more fig & green with stronger floral notes. I find myself liking the Sur Le Nil more because it's a tad bit less feminine (Citrus helps) in comparison to the Mediterranee. Sadly, I own Mediterranee, not Sur Le Nil T__T (Sad)

Matin
Matin

It arises freshly, cleanly, enterteining and sparklingly. A fruity - floral amalgam, too much for my but certainly different.

I probably should prove it again to catch the notes of bottom that for the present time happen to me unnoticed.

timi
timi

This is one of my mother's favorite perfumes, and I tried very hard to love it, but I really can't.

The first smell up to the dry down just made my nose hurt, like I was inhaling chilies soaked in flower petals.

Maybe my body chemistry just doesn't jive with this perfume, but spicy scents really don't do it for me.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

This is a goddamn piece of work by Hermes i love it love it love it , i can detect every single note in it, it is splash of freshness with the lemon and mango at first then very pleasant flowery auroma apears u can detect labdanum & lotus easily.Its magic

guest_snoopy
guest_snoopy

LOVE THIS. Spring in a bottle. I even love the bottle ,just wish it would last longer

Lance
Lance

I LOVE IT!
This is stunning! So fresh, so green, so natural! That's exactly what I want.
First starts with fresh fruits, I can smell every single notes that listed above, but the most impressive is green mango, wow it's very unique!
And then, the main character appears, lotus!
Not exactly the flower that u smell from Issey Miyake, but the lotus leaf. Unique again! Based with a hint of incense and musk. Very natural but sophisticated!
Make me feel like lying in a tropical marsh on a hot summer day! So relaxing.

The only thing that let me down is the projection and longevity. With this price, especially from Hermes, I expect a higher quality product!

Oh and one more thing, I have the special edition, the package with some extra gift: some note papers and envelopes, all designed by Hermes! :D They're looks so good!

Vixie
Vixie

This was one of my guilty splurges - I tried it in a shop and loved it, then sprayed a paper with it and kept it in a book I was reading, enjoying the exquisite fragrance every time I flipped through the pages. Now I finally have my own and it has not disappointed. It is certainly a scent that is for the more discerning nose, and will of course come down to personal taste (and not everyone will like it).

It is herbal incense, oriental citrus, yet very natural and un-synthetic in its delivery. The perfect balance of fruit and tuber, incense and lotus, as well as the beautiful bottle is what I would expect from Hermes. The initial is fresh, citrus and peony, but settles as it dries to a sublime signature that is a joining of two worlds - of orient and occident, of the past and present, of feminine and masculine, of soft and bold - and it does this seamlessly. Jardin sur le Nil is at once the exotic Cleopatra on her barge and the cool and ordered Monsieur Poirot in his Art Decco world.

The scent lasts a long time and settles appreciably, revealing more facets by the hour, and I am sure this would be as attractive for a man as for a woman. Five stars from me.

vuelo
vuelo

This perfume is truly unique. Un Jardin sur le Nil - just saying it gives a peaceful feeling imagining the olfactive experience of such place. The garden, and you siting in the shade... just imagine...andf lotus floating of the water, so close it is, and it's so quiet around, that you can almost hear the sound of it mooving,

I'm not too keen of vegetable notes, but in this one they're gorgeously blended, it doesn't give a gourmand sensation at all. And the lemon is not sweet or pungent, it's watery and at the same time makes the mango stand out. And the mango isn't at all sweet or incense-like.

From the description above, you expect a light watery citrus fragrance with some salad notes that fade fast, right? It's far from that. It lasts 10 hours+,it doesn't smell like salad and it isn't a citrus fragrance either.

It's also a bit minty, it had a slight mint edge... gives a cooling sensation.

I can't really feel any cinnamon, there is a dry note out there, but I perceive it more as...partially sun dried grass, or something like that.

It's really... something diffrent! In a very good way!

evelyn.www
evelyn.www

Tested on a card:
I found the fragrance as being very light and green mango notes show up. No sweetness. I'll try it on my skin.

Update: after some hours there's sth that may seem old-fashioned, but I can't define what...

Sissi
Sissi

This smells like a luscious greenhouse garden with blooming flowers and riped and fresh vegetables very different from the usual retinue line up of fragrances not alot of perfumes mixes vegetation with floral well or this has to be the first scent to try and succeeded and it's organic and it has no synthetic compounds
it's all natural.

This is an complex and challenging scent to review and that why i admire this it food for the mind' the opening is interesting with plump Tomatoes sweetened with mango spice it up with lemon and make it crisp with orange carrots' as it dries down orange starts to be detected and with the subtle sweet
note of peony dries to an earthy tone of
dry bulrush.

to my senses there is no evidence of cinnamon labdanum or hyacinth but for the drydown i do pick up if distant scent of iris but barely and also i can't pick up the note of incense there
is the smell of musk but it's diluted
by it's watery note of this perfume.

if you want a fragrance that is not the usual rose jasmine patchouli sandalwood
peach lily of the valley and amber roster you come to the right place.

polka
polka

I absolutely love this scent. It is imbued with refreshing moisture. It smells like walking through a meadow after the rain, carrying an armful of delicate white flowers, herbs and bamboo stalks, while eating a ripe mango. It’s like a breath of fresh air on a hot, dry day.

Un Jardin sur le Nil starts a little bit sharp, citrusy and herbal, just to become delightfully, refreshingly juicy (not sweet, mind you!). The drydown is somewhat spicy and oriental, but still fresh in some uncanny way.

It’s one the very few scents that contain bulrush note, which I adore. It is so natural and harmonious, that - I know it may sound funny – for me wearing it does not feel like wearing perfume.

It’s perfect for summer. The lasting power is amazing on my skin.

dalkiuyu
dalkiuyu

My mother loves this perfume and I do understand why it's popular. However, on me this smells too sour, not in a fresh citrusy way but in a sharp, sickening way. It smells like v8 juice, or maybe vinegar. Not for me.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

What I love about Hermes perfumes is that they seem to demand exacting standards of quality leading to perfumes which smell expensive and well-crafted. This is no exception.

However, on my skin, it has turned into an unmitigated disaster. It started out alright, like fresh, sweet, ripe mandarin. This only lasted a few minutes...

Rank, sweaty citrus. Like eating orange slices after toiling under the midday sun, sans deodorant, having worked the fields since dawn. In late drydown it has a distinct 'wet your pants' tinge to it. Absolute disaster.

I would love to smell this on a different chemistry. The notes are so unusual and intriguing that it must be magic on the right person.

Maki
Maki

Sorted out my wardrobe and found a few samples, one of 'Un Jardin Sur Le Nil' amongst them.
Is it because I detest the smell of citrus and lemon, reminding me of doing the dishes or cleaning up, that they always seem so prominent on my skin???

It's true that these notes fade a little and that more aquatic notes appear in the drydown...like lotus which always seems to give me a headache...

Vaquely this scent reminds me of an attempt to freshen up patients in a hospital...

Must be my chemistry and I don't mean to offend people who do like it...(or to offend Hermes, because I'm grateful for Hermes having created 24 Faurbourg!) but no...this one is not for me....

midsummer
midsummer

I will admit that I came in prepped for this scent. I'd already read Chandler Burr's The Perfect Scent, which details Jean-Claude Ellena's creation of Jardin Sur Le Nil at Hermes. So I already knew that the scent was supposed to smell like a mango tree - and that is EXACTLY what it smells like.

I felt as though a miniature mango tree had sprouted on my wrist, or that I was listening to a well-dressed gentleman tell me about his childhood in another country. There's a lot of restraint in this composition - the mango is hidden behind green leaves, and isn't juicy or wet in the way that a lot of us expect fruit to smell in perfumes. This is a skin-on fruit, not a fruit salad.

Is it sexy? Possibly, yes - though not in an in-your-face way. Is it refreshing? Joyful? Fun? Most definitely. It's a very ageless scent, and definitely made me feel cheery on an otherwise glum trip to Duty Free at an airport.

The only trouble? It doesn't last. Absolutely disappeared from my wrist within two hours. Though those two hours were completely delightful.

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, is in one word, odd.

This fragrance is the definition of unique. There really isn't anything remotely like it that I have come across so far.

The opening is very herbaceous and vegetal. No doubt, by looking at the notes, you understand why it smells like this. I come from a home where my mother is a gardening fanatic, and I swear that this fragrance smells very natural, just like a thriving vegetable garden.

Whether or not you want to smell like a garden is up to the individual. I'm not accustomed to these kinds of scents, however I'm not ruling them out altogether. Wearing Un Jardin Sur Le Nil would be both an experience and an honour all at once.

Interestingly enough the heart turns quite floral on the skin. The orange and peony notes tend to battle it out in strength, and the lotus gives a delicate, almost aquatic type feel.

The drydown is almost an oriental. Especially in regards to the incense, cinnamon and powdery iris notes. The base notes finalise this fragrance well, rounding off an almost wild and unique scent with a soothing, church-like atmosphere.

The previous reviews do not lie, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is a truly amazing scent, a masterpiece in fact. I am not surprised that Jean-Claude Ellena has composed this. With such great lasting power and its ability to work well in almost every climate, there is no excuse why every true perfumista should not try this marvellous scent.

chemicalideas
chemicalideas

Oh this perfume! It has so many wonderful reviews and was recommended to me as one of the best green perfumes numerous times. But... I'm not sure I like it too much. The opening is lovely- the carrot, mango, grapefruit and tomato make a really odd yet very fresh, citric, sour and sparkling scent which I LOVE... but then the incense kicks in and spoils the whole thing. Maybe it's my chemistry, but the incense on me is SO overpowering, it's almost suffocating. I wish the whole perfume smelt like the opening and just that. That would've been enough for me.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Sur Le Nil is much too sharp for me. It seems much more suited to a tall thin angular woman or one with a cool air of confidence around her. It's beautiful but since I am neither of those things, it doesn't feel right on me. I gave it to a friend who already has Un Jardin en Mediterranee. That sharpness suits her much better than me.

holly_golightly
holly_golightly

When I first dabbed a sample of this on my wrist, all I could smell was lemon. After a while though, it starts to smell like flowers and spices--absolutely wonderful. It is never too sharp or crisp, it is a very soft, fresh, and beautiful perfume. The whole time I wear it though, after the lemon settles down, I can never make out any of the notes individually (which I love in a perfume). It just all blends together perfectly to make one beautiful fragrance. I would definitely wear this happily if I owned a bottle.

Rachel4576
Rachel4576

Such a funny, complex fragrance! I put it on and it was so spicy and green with a strong note of grapefruit! Then it dries out to aquatic and almost powdery and super feminine. Definitely not for everyone, but if it works on you it's heaven!

Elue
Elue

This one is fresh but also rounded. The beginning might be disturbing because sometimes it DOES smell like pickles! After it settles, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is heavenly. It is fresh and pure; strangely relaxing too.

I bought it because I loved how it changes throughout the day. I haven't realized that a perfume can have so many layers. Wearing Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is like reading a wonderful book with many chapters in it. This was my only reason to buy it.

As someone said before, it suits to the rainy days. Smells better in humidity.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Absolutely love it! I cannot get enough of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. (I've edited this review, because I now own the fragrance.)

Un Jardin sur le Nil is, to my nose, more citrus/green/floral, than floral/fruity. A sharp lemon and mango off the top, which quickly dissipates to a lovely green floral. My chemistry also gives off a pleasant sharp pepper, but it isn't listed here.

It fades of course, but can still be detected up close and personal. I WANT to keep re-applying it, because I love when it wafts up around my nose. This can be enjoyed by both men and women year 'round, but I think I'll use this as a summer fragrance.

Seriously, folks, if I could bathe in the stuff, I would.

One of a kind. A MUST have, just for being so special!!

flowermom
flowermom

I am always on the search for a great "signiture scent" & believe me i have been searching for years..maybe im just too fussy!! anyhoo after reading all these fantastic reviews on "sur le nil" phases such as "mystical lands....tempted me beyond belief, never had i seen such great reviews written i dashed an order in via the internet for a bottle, & couldnt contain my glee at the thought of its arrival....it arrived..i sprayed...i sniffed...i left it on for hours....& re-sniffed...nope...i almost had to laugh (had it not cost so much i would have done) where was this "magical scent??? to me its just lemon...smells exactly like my hubbys french connection deoderant...im sure it may smell phenominal to thousands of others but to me its nothing to shout about infact i rather dislike it, so il pop it on ebay & hope to re-coup some money back, the best advice i can give is NEVER buy untested perfume based on these type of reviews..you may well be very very disappointed...

Flor de luna
Flor de luna

Se caracteriza por ser un perfume diferente a casi todos los demás. Lo probé por curiosidad al ver los ingredientes que llevaba. La primera impresión es ????????????? no sé como describirla, horticola, y no me gusta especialmente, pero........... cuando se evaporan las notas de salida, el olor que queda es realmente bueno, delicado, exquisito. Tiene una permanencia realmente buena.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A challenging olfactive affair for my nose! I was quite curious to try this one mainly because of the weird top notes which sound like soup ingredients :) To begin with, it was definitely worth the try - I cannot compare it to any other scent. It is fresh and green but at the same time soft and warm, too, so I wouldn't limit myself to wearing it only in hot weather. Great sillage and staying power!

omg one of the most rich, natural, fresh and sofisticaded fresh smell that i sniff in my entire life, so original, i never smell nothing like this, good for Hermes..... love, love this masterpiece... its the nile in a bottle.....

guest_Georgiana
guest_Georgiana

Another perfect summer scent - fresh, natural, light, bright and playful. Much sweeter than Un Jardin Apres La Mousson which I also love, but not sticky sweet. In fact, when present, the citrus notes are perfect. I normally don't like florals, but the touch of it in this adds to the loveliness. I'm thrilled to have these two "jardins" for my summer scents. And my other favorite summertime scent is also by my favorite nose, Mr. Ellena - Bvlgari's The' au Vert. Bravo (as usual)!

lillybee
lillybee

A mixture of clean, fresh and exotic citrus infused green mango scent hits my nose upon application. I tend to use the fragrance generously in the morning (4 - 5 sprays) as it tends to evaporate quickly. It refreshes the senses and is a perfect combination of fruity sweetness and crisp greenness.

The fresh top notes of mango and citrus will characterize the scent throughout up to at least 6 hours and will still be in full swing even after the middles have fully developed. To me this is a sign of masterful blending and I have not come across this very often before.

After about an hour I start to distinguish an unmistakable tearose aroma which strongly reminds me of Paul Smith Rose. The peony then mingles with a sweet and deep lotus note and the still present crisp greenness of mango to create an exotic, mellow and somewhat bittersweet floral scent. This phase lasts for about 3 hours on me.

After about 4 - 5 hours the dry down emerges. The most dominant notes are quite dry and woody. The overall impression however is warm, as the harsher, masculine scents are complemented by the clean and softening sweet scent of musk.

To sum up, a crisp but exotic and subtly warm unisex cologne blended to perfection.

zvoncica
zvoncica

In my search for beautiful, fresh, citric, delicate perfumes, roads have taken me everywhere. I’ve gone through many disappointments, repulsiveness, thrills and disinterest voyages. One day I came to Hermes Jardin sur le Nil. Took my perfume traveling shoes off. This was it.

It is like walking through museums of Vatican for hours and finally entering Sistine Chapel. Peaceful. Entire freedom of universe is concentrated in the drop on my hand. Cold. Spring water on thirst lips. Silent. Only the sound of my heart pounding in chest. Colorful. Beam of the light through painted glass. Sparkling gloom amidst the colour`s known to me before.

I didn’t buy the Jardin, for simple reason, all other perfumes I own would never be used again.

selinum28
selinum28

This perfume is very special and magic to me... it makes me think of landscapes that I have only seen in books: good places for love and hapiness, in any case. I find it too enchanting to be worn by a man I don't know, not exactly too feminine.

adianty
adianty

It´s lovely, just lovely ! Has bought blindly, only having read responses. Also was not mistaken. It´s love from first minute as soon as I it have tried. Now it´s my favourite!)

hathor
hathor

I absolutely love this perfume. it's different from almost anything else i've ever smelt. i have to be in the right mood to wear it. i like it best in early autumn with rainy weather. it's not too fruity, very crisp, clean,green, quite sharp.it sort of slaps you round the face at first until you get used to it. it's absolutely not sweet, and not fruity in that sort of fruit salad way that is around so much these days. lasts quite well on me too.a pick-me-up smell which i enjoy in the morning. it sounds like Luxor in a bottle, with all the bulrushes, green mangoes, lotus etc, carrots also a very egyptian ingredient, i see wagon-loads of carrots there or stalls by the road and they are the most delicious carrots i've ever eaten. Funnily enough i wouldnt wear it in Luxor. it went best for me on a rainy morning on my favourite greek island. this one will be in my collection as long as it remains available. p.s, to be completely "luxor in a bottle" it would have to contain elements of donkey dung,sugar cane, broad beans (i bet they've never been used in a perfume before!!!) nile river water, general smell of cruise boats, some dusty musty temple/tomb smells, and a pinch of spices from the market!!

Very pieceful,very fresh, very aquatic, very "lotus". A wonderful scent!

AZ
AZ

This is one of the best perfume I have owned full stop. I give it 10/10 and it even stays in the clothing for a long long time. Once I put it on a T-shirt it and kept it in the somewhere enclosed even after 2 weeks the smell was still there but ofcourse not like the first time.

yvashche
yvashche

I agonized for a long time about buying this one. I sprayed it on my arm and walked away and kept smelling something delicious. On the other hand, I don't like green scents. But I eventually bought this. It is not strong and wears off quickly, but for once in my life, I am ok with that. It is like an expensive scarf that you throw on and walk away with. No pun intended.

andrew85
andrew85

really love this. smell expensive, fresh, acuatic, floral, its the nile in a bottle. perfect scent for summer, and to use with light clothes... another Ellena Masterpiece form Hermés.. fresh, fresh, fresh..

Jo
Jo

This is my favourite and it confuses me so much as it is a fragrance so beautiful that i get all melancholic. Colourful as a summer garden, soft and soothing as new grass. Perfection.

dm8m
dm8m

Sur de nil is a very good summer/hot day scent. it has a very strong lotus leaf scent (the best lotus scent i've smelled so far).

the last time i visited the hermes store, i had a tag of war between sur de nil & it's cousin apres la mousson. apres la mousson won since it appealed to me more, but i also like sur de nil very much! it's at the top of my list for next fragrances to purchase.
=)

guest_awful
guest_awful

I agree Completely with "guest_honest", my boyfriend and I couldn't believe what we were smelling......
something rotten in here??
pickles?
maybe real water from the river Nile ??

sorry for the good comments.. but this is disgusting.. similar to "Eden", cacharel.

Don't even try it, happy new year!!

AquaGenie
AquaGenie

I got a sample from a Hermes sales person when I was there wanted to get a gift for a family member, of course due to the high price tags I went home with nothing on that day. Then I totally forgot about this until a few days later I went out wearing the Un Jardin sample and I got complimented everywhere I went, so the next day I went back to the Hermes store and bought it. Now its one of my favorite scent of all time!!

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Lovely feminine fragrance. A little watery and green spicy because of carrots and tomato leaves mixed with sweetness of fruits and flowers. An unusual one.

kellybanana
kellybanana

oh i love ujsln - the scent is so divine! it gives me a generous mango splash first but later turns out to be a relaxing yet elegant and lasting scent. i always wear it after my yoga class (after shower of course LOL) and it makes me feel so great - a natural high - oh boy i can't get enough of it!!

guest_honest
guest_honest

Really DON´T buy this one because of the good reviews everywhere . I did so, and was sooo disappointed! As another reviewer mentioned this reminds me of mixed pickles as well or vinegar & rotten flowers. Not lovely not feminine, just mixed pickles. Some friends tried it, and it was also disgusting on them. If you buy a glass of mixed pickles and put on the vinegar you will have the same effect, only cheaper. Sorry if you like it, me and many others I know don´t. ;)

elika
elika

When I saw it at the boutique I was attracted by the bottle and the colour. Than I saw the name. "Nile, it sounds interesting, thought to myself." Nile, Egypt, pyramids,Nefertiti, Cleopatra. And the name "Un gardin sur le Nil" - a garden close to Nile, a small oasis in the desert. And the fragrance says exactly the same. This beautiful bouquet of splendid aromas - vegetables and exotic fruits, lotus, hiacynth, peony, labdanum,iris, musk and cinnamon. Just great! Pharaos would be happy to breathe such beauty! Egypt Gods and Goddes would be full of happieness if such fums smelt sweet in their temples. And I bought it!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Absolutely beautiful:
awake, clean, fresh, long-lasting, light, slightly sharp....fruity, but not at all sweet. I am admittedly used to smelling kind of sweet, and this is absolutely unisex. The green mango, incense and musk were all deciphered by my nose-and I love every note, even if a bit peppery. I think this would make an amazing cologne, and it would be my summer scent, but for the fact that summer is basically over here. I tried layering this with Amor Amor, to appease my need for a slightly sweet fruity scent and the result is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

So:
lovely, fresh and androgynous on its own, or beautiful layered with the right sweet floral fruity fragrance or rich woodsy fragrance, this is a masterpiece!

Edit: Still love it but swapped my bottle-the carrot note began to annoy me. Now that I no longer own it, I want it again, so good and green for summer-but I would just buy a sample next time, to be safe. I like the entire Jardin series, Mousson is still my favorite, but Mediterranee has interested me most lately for being the freshest cleanest fig.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A most bizarre scent: you will either love it or hate it....& it will either make you feel nauseous or on top of the world!

I love Hermes - they put their stamp on everything they create & their fragrances are often unusual & very distinctive. I enjoy all the Merveilles, Terre & Orange Verte, but this one stumped me.

The first blast was a high, incredibly sharp watery sweetness. Concentrated citrus, juicy sour-fruity green mango & a glassful of carrot juice (not home-grown earthy carrots). I am not fond of tomato leaf in scents (Nina Ricci Liberty Fizz sends shudders down my spine) & in Sur le Nil it is dipped in the sour lemon dust you find on lemon sherbet sweets.

Despite my personal preferences, it is still an engaging, unique scent & I can understand its popularity.

The heart, for me, holds onto the high sweetness, the carrot & tomato but adds concentrated orange juice & lotus for that mouth-watering 'gallons of freshly drawn ice cold water' effect.

The florals are not distinct to my nose. They give the appearance of being swamped by the notes I have already mentioned, but I suspect they have been cleverly crafted into the fragrance to enhance them because the scent is so intense.

It does mellow a little in time, but I miss the deep incense, & powder I was expecting. On me it remains true but turns somewhat soapy - no frankincense in sight. Medium sillage & good lasting power.

It does strike me as a clevr, zingy-green spring/summer scent....but not the usual kind of green, more an un-ripened fruity green, full of promise.

It is not a Hermes I will ever own or wear as it gives me a perfume headache & makes me feel a little nauseous, but it is, without doubt, a very respectable fruity-aquatic scent with plenty of character.

jae

My 1st experience with UJSLN was like just like Mellyhelly's. But it only took 5 minutes to change my mind forever. Since then, it has been one of the most pleasant fragrances I've ever owned... I'll always have a bottle for Spring/Summer.. This could even work in early Autumn... I won't even bother getting poetic about it..
Summary: wear it and people will find endless reasons to be near you..

ktv0926
ktv0926

I won't say anything new; there are already so many great comments here.

Lovely summer fragrance! Freshly cut grass, vegetable garden aromas and fruits juices… It is refreshing, gentle, happy, calming, it creates nature around you!

The more Hermes fragrances I try, the more I fall in love with this brand! Big respect for Hermes!

Peppery green notes very like a garden, but less a flower garden and more a working garden, with herbs, tomato vines and strange gourds underfoot. Very lovely. A slight floral feeling creeps in as it dries down, but the overall green feeling stays.

honeydays
honeydays

I agree this is the best of the 3 Jardin fragrances. I really like Mediterranee for summer, but have just tried Sur le Nil and found that I love it so much that it is now my no. 1 fragrance, it is that good. The initial green and mango are fabulous, but it's the powdery dry down that surprised me and sealed it for me. A masterpiece.

ML0423
ML0423

I love this fragrance! It is a very watery fruity floral. Even though you can clearly identify the top notes as fruity, they are not the usual candy sweet fruit notes that are so prevalent in many of today's popular fragrances. I get a little bit of citrus at first, but kind of like an unripe orange or lime, definitely not lemon. After the initial notes, it settles down to more of cool green scent - assumably the mangos, and then the final drydown is slightly soapy, almost reminiscent of Johnson's Baby shampoo. It has the typical Jean Claude Ellena ethereal feel to it - not strong, but the sillage is wonderful, in that you kind of forget you're wearing it, but then you move your arm and catch a breeze of it coming off your skin. It is going to be a wonderful spring/summer scent for me.

dancam86
dancam86

Great summer scent. It resembles very much (in my opinion) to Bvlgari Eau Perfumeé au The Vert, another creation of Jean Claude Ellena.

Un Jardin sur le Nil is a strange scent for me. The first time I smelled this one I found it awful and revolting :-O
I tested again and it was sooo pleasant! Actually the first 15 minutes are terrible on my skin. Most Hermes smell weird on my skin, in spite of their unmistakable beauty. After 15-20 minutes UJSLN becomes a lovely, intriguing, aromatic smell made of citrused flowers and very soft woods. What's so terrible at first? Maybe tomato. I hate tomato in every form. This is a very fresh scent for summer, but it's also very classy and quite complex. It smells like expensive summer holidays on an exotic tour in the Middle East! What impresses me most in UJSLN is its originality: never smelled anything similar before! I deeply love lotus flowers for their beauty and meaning and sycomore made me very curious. I would call UJSLN a scent of freedom, not random, but aware freedom, very adult and experienced. It's very bright and happy but it also possessess a shade of melancholy and knowing. As a summer fragrance I think it's very elegant, maybe unisex, even if I believe it fits more a woman than a man. It's not frilly or girlish nor sweet/romantic. It has great great staying power! It sticked to my jacket sleeve and it's still there! The packaging and bottle are very high quality and well designed. Definetely worthing a bottle! Wear and leave for new lands!

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

This scent is so unlike anything else and I just love it! So fresh and green. The mango is amazing! I also bought the body lotion to layer so it would last longer. I like the way it wafts around you as you move-not a harsh blast of fragrance. I want to smell this for a long time!

Aalia
Aalia

Itś a touch bitter in the beginning.
The carrot and green mango are most prominent for me. I do like them, both so natural. It perfectly protrays the scent of an unripened mango. I do like the scent overal because it is sharp, loud, clear, herbal, and all the notes feel simple and pure. It has only a touch of sweetness, at the right moments,The perfume is strong. However, I cannot ignore the fruity half of the fragrance, even though the other half of the fragrance is so dry, crisp, and bold. I don't like fruity fragrances, and for all of itś interesting quailities, I couldn't force myself to like this one (too much)either. I am also dissapointed I could not find the frankinsense! Excelent quality, unique scent.

dunatko
dunatko

best of Un jardin trio! this is really unisex - fresh - citrus - but also fruity and flowery with a bit something what makes it interesting between other fragrances! nice - nice - nice... made of many notes but you still smell something clean. but its not for everybody - i think most of men dont like it/want it/use it because its unisex fragrance more on feminine lighter side.

this is really a garden,but not an ordinary floral garden,a very sophisticated garden somewhere near the river of Nill in egypt.
going to the notes,all I get from the first notes is carrot and it's very cool,because normally perfumers don't put carrot in fragrances.
this is for sure a fruity perfumes,but nt that kind of fruity that you imagine.it's very different.the top notes seems to be feminine,but not a romantic,usual floral feminine scent.I don't consider it as this level a fragrance that men wear.but as the time passes it becomes stronger and more masculine.though the middle notes seem to be pure floral feminine scent,it's a cologne for men at this time.
I let the time pass...the base of this perfume has very strong and warm scent of cinnamon.it just makes me relax and I can't stop smelling it.
totally,this is a modern perfume,with lots of innovations that deserves trying.it would be great for daily use during every season,except winter.

Malegria
Malegria

I don`t know exactly why, but this scent reminds me of pickles - dill,acid,herbs, even the carrot greens. It may be refreshing on the others, but on me it`s just way too sour and salty.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

The boat along the green waters of the Nile delta, or any delta. The light splash of an aquatic creature. The sun reflected into the crystaline waves and bloom of the nufars. All the luxury of the water and its lush offspring in a scent that retains the so called "aquatic notes" in an authentic and unfading way, like none other perfume can do.
Un Jardin sur le Nile is the ultimate expression of aquatic lust. It's power is so strong, that it not only brings the honeyed yet fresh scent of aquatic flowers, but also the flowing, dropping noises made by the water and the muted float that one gets while diving.
From the citronade sipped in an elegant cocktail glass near a palm shaded and mint and jasmine scented swimming pool in Cairo, to the deep and dark green of the ancient Egyptian sacred pool in Karnak, Le Jardin renders a continuos wave of misterious water delight. It never dries, not even hours of wearing. Water ivy and fantastic turquoise birds discovered in the pharaons tombs are its coulours. Green is not enough green for it, water is not enough wet for it to describe, lemon and orange are not enough as the cause of its freshness. Just wear it and be transported sur le Nil.

lilinah
lilinah

On me, Un Jardin Sur le Nil opens with a sparkling burst of citrus, followed by unusual green and vegetal scents of tomato leaf and carrot. Underlying them are sweet hints of fruits and flowers. Throughout most of the drydown the citrus lingers gently, unlike so many perfumes, especially men's, that assault you with citrus. And the fruit notes are never overbearing or cloying.

The base notes of calamus, labdanum, frankincense balance the citrus and sweetness with their slightly darker, richer notes. As it dries down, the citrus and florals become more muted, while the base notes come forward, ending with delicate powdery musk.

Un Jardin Sur le Nil starts as a fresh daytime/summer perfume and ends more like a night time. It lasts a long time, but with minimal sillage.

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

Got it today along with body-hair mist:)
very clean green scent, fresh and leisure-like, its pretty neutral and not annoying at all. almost weightless however distinctive and pleasant.
on me its mostly Lotus with tiny bit of incense and powderness. There's only a slight hint of mangos carrots and hiyacint on me.
ahhhh now I want to travel somewhere, south east asia? It's not an Asian theme I know, but reminds me of Asia more then Mousson :) lotus lotus lotus:)

ramiske

I finally got my bottle, and this is a wonderful fresh 'green' scent--very green! The green mangos really stand out to me, and it is very long lasting. Will be a very nice scent on a hot summer day!

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I have decided that, although I'm not usually a citrus fan, I LOVE the smell of grapefruit!!! This is such a fantastic perfume for summer/spring. Every time I smell it I get a burst of freshness and energy without it being too acidic, which is usually how I feel about fragrances with citrus top notes.

The beautifully balanced mix of carrot, tomato, grapefruit, and mango at first is so gorgeous and refreshing to me! This is such a classic and versatile scent - I can see it being worn on a spring day while taking a walk at the park, but also to a business meeting where you want to feel confident, cheerful, and classy.

ramiske

If you are a fan of this fragrance, you might want to read "The Perfect Scent" by Chandler Burr. One of the 2 main story lines is the whole development process of this fragrance--and it is very interesting and educational--especially if you love perfume.

Now I really want a bottle of this!!

Mals86
Mals86

I really enjoy this one. I don't like to eat mangoes, but they smell terrific, and this scent is very true to the smell of real mangoes. Wonderful with the citrus and green notes. I love that this smells aqueous and watery, like ponds and streams, without the dreaded "aquatic accord" I've disliked so much in other fragrances. I don't get a lot of floral presence from this scent, and I think it would be perfectly fine on both men and women. The base seems rather dry and spicy, as compared to the citrusy green of the top, but retains its freshness.

The fragrance is light, but lasts several hours, and I get another whiff of green freshness whenever I move my arms. Cool, refreshing, summery.

da_markos

after some months of using this scent i'm still in love with it. it should be use during aromatherapy ;). i also enjoy ck one summer versions but it's like making a comparison between heavyweight atlete and lightweight atlete ;)

alicektn
alicektn

Romantic like a walk by the sea, and refreshing as a quick and impulsive dive!

Too sour and lemoney on first, but after a while delicate florals appear and balance the composition beautifully!

I believe it's more feminine than masculine, because of the flowers.

Great lasting power too!

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

Ok, so why do so many of you women say that we men should not wear this? It was launched as a unisex fragrance. I get MANY compliments on it by women AND men alike. In multiple settings even. I agree that it is great in the hot weather like Summer in Florida, but I also find it very crisp and invigorating in the winter cold air. The citrusy-aquatic mix is unmistakable and lasts all day. I highly recommend the shower gel.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Good, but when sprayed a lot it can be strong. I dont know if others find it overpowering in large amounts too. Just spray once and thats enough. To my nose, it has no high notes as in Mousson so it appeals to those who wish to do away with Mousson´s citrus breeze at the start. I think Mousson is more for summer. De Nil has no loud notes at all. But Mediterranee, Mousson and De Nil are all very good, depending which season you wear them. Classy light fragrances, definitely.

BethAshley
BethAshley

I would recommend this perfume to citrus lovers that are looking for something that is bolder than your typical light, airy, citrus scent.

This is the first one I have tried that the citrus practically knocks you over with a juicy gush that lasts.

This would be an excellent summer perfume, and in my opinion much better for women than men.

mymlan
mymlan

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil made me miss my airplane at Frankfurt airport. It was summer 2005, and I was on my way from Sweden to Barcelona when I fell for it in the Hermes shop while intermediate landing. Fortunately I could get the next airplane but I was so burdened by guilt that I didn't buy the fragrance until a year later.

I usually don't buy fresh fruity scents but this one was an exception. It is definetly is a summer scent; semisweet, fruity, cool and calming, like after rain. I think, if you have Un Jardin Sur Le Nil you don't need any other summer fragrances.

da_markos

right it's so pieceful scent. 0% of toxic. more like female scent than male. it's great for hot summer days...

LORENA
LORENA

A great summer perfume, very refreshing!!, I can´t smell top, middle and base notes, I can only smell lemon, grapefruit, oranges and hiacynth all the time.. fruity and fresh, a natural fragrance,the smell of fruits is so clear so natural, so true that you can´t confusse , eventhough you aren´t a "nose",a splash of fresh water.... I found it very different from faubourg by hermes for example but similar to kelly caleche, and it is long lasting which is very important too. I bought it without trying it first, I love floral , sweet , vanilla, perfumes so, at first this perfume surprised me because It isn´t the kind of perfumes I am used to wear, but it suited perfectly on me, it is fantastic, I don´t regret about buying it

Lady Macbeth
Lady Macbeth

Un Jardin is an explosion of freshness and purity. Calmes you down and moves your mood on the up. I love ''herbal'' notes, and I agree with Natalie 78 that there's something similar between Un Jardin and Nature (which is my favorite perfume, btw, and I don't know why it's not on the list of Yves Rocher perfumes)

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Very pieceful,very fresh, very aquatic, very "lotus". A wonderful scent!

simo
simo

This is one of my absolutely favorite fragrances! It´s so refreshing and yet a kind of sensual - difficult to explain. I love it!

donna
donna

Like Bvlgari,Hermes has it's "brand"clear and identified.I love the quality and originality of this presentation.It takes alot to "wow" me-I have seen so many come and go.I find myself intrigued by it's many dimensions.This is one of my favorites for daywear along with Bvlgari's green tea(Te Vert).

Natalia78
Natalia78

Reminds me of Nature By Yves Rocher.Fresh and green.Definitely for summer.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

I like very much creations by Ellena. They are as paints for painters impressionists. In Un Jardin sur le Nil
Ellena stopped a moment over antique river. These perfume are natural, multimensional. I feel smell muddy riverside, grass, reeds. Beautiful sparklet juicys mango. This smell is is very natural, such " ecological", but sophisticated. Durung heat ideally cool, but during cool days corrects mood. It's beautiful and magic!

Morepink
Morepink

Well, yesterday I was disappointed I've bought these 'gardens'. The smell was, sorry, but odd for me. But today I am so happy I did so (I mean, bought)! I feel a special one when I wear them - and I agree, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is perfect for rainny day.

Marianne
Marianne

It's a very unique scent which can only be compared to other Hermes perfumes (like Kelly Calece and Un Jardin Apres La Mousson, for example).
I really like it because it's so special.
I don't consider it a floral-fruity fragrance, like it says above. I think it's green-fresh-spicy-aromatic.

Sovvva
Sovvva

I love this perfume, it's extremely modern, fits perfectly for a self-confident woman. Unfortunately, my friends already have it and I don't want to share this fragrance with some other people around me... so I have to wait for a better occasion.

elgab89
elgab89

This fragrance, together with Un Jardin en Mediterranee were intended to be worn during the summer. They are very citrusy and warm at the same time. Not your regular Hermes perfume, and the Hermes fans may be disappointed, although not me. They are both created by one of my fave parfumeur: Jean Claude Ellena. My girlfriend wanted to get me one of the 2 for Christmas and asked me which one. I have chosen this one, as I have found the other one more citrusy for my taste.

2007

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes 4.09 out of 5 based on 2252 ratings and 333 user reviews

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 1.6 oz
HERMES Un Jardin sur le Nil 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
HERMES Un Jardin sur le Nil 3.3 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil Eau De Toilette Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.