Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fruity « Groups

dislike

I have it: 652 I had it: 115 I want it: 660 My signature: 16

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Hermes for women and men Pictures Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Hermes for women and men Pictures Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Hermes for women and men Pictures

Hermes launches the new fourth fragrance from the collection of garden-inspired fragrances Un Jardin, named Un Jardin Sur Le Toit or “A Garden on the Roof”in 2011. Un Jardin Sur Le Toit refers to the especially luxurious garden located on the Hermes’ headquarters building roof at 24 Rue Faubourg Saint-Honore in Paris.

The garden is full of aromatic herbs, flowers and fruits whose flavors vary as they pass through the metamorphosis induced by the seasons. Its fresh and sweet-smelling atmosphere is captured by apple, pear, rose, green grass, basil, magnolia and compost notes.

The composition is designed by Jean-Claude Ellena.

Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit is available in heavy glass bottles of light green shades as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Grass Red Apple Pear Rose Magnolia Rosemary

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Fragrance Reviews

vitabhaya
vitabhaya

I get very little in the way of floral on this. On my skin, it's very much a green garden. It's quite different and delightful, until about 40 min into the drydown. Dill pickles, for hours and hours. No thanks.

sdcga161
sdcga161

I purchased this on impulse yesterday at Bloomingdales, and I came very close to returning it. As some previous folks mentioned, it's extremely floral and definitely leans toward the feminine. But it just smells so dang good! It's like a beautiful fragrant flower garden exploded on me. So I don't care if it's feminine or masculine; it smells amazing, and I'm going to wear it with pride!

sammy_k
sammy_k

Like "Sur le Nil," but more floral and sweeter. Still labeled a "unisex" fragrance, but it tends to lean more towards the feminine side. Great scent.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Fresh, Green and not too sweet.

Amazingly longevity, 10 hours +

Brilliant scent for spring and summer months.

polly golightly
polly golightly

su di me orribile. mela andata a male

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

Fresh, fruity, sweet (in a good way), it screams spring and garden. J.C. Ellena managed to make a garden-like scent as he planned to do, I feel like I am walking through a wet garden full of flowers after spring rain. Very natural and mysterious. Longevity and sillage quite good. 9/10

schokolade
schokolade

sharp but elegant, soapy clean yet fruity.
it would go well with mature women, yet I like it(I'm a student)
be careful not to overuse it, it's quite a strong one.

my sister told me this is too expensive considering Sur le Toit is a kind of perfume a lot wouldn't find the subtle difference or beauty between other fruity floral perfumes.

but still it's worth try.
if you can find the charm in it, you would fall in love with this.

I always think I've reviewed fragrances then it turns out I haven't. I think I've posted a review for the others in this collection and I remember not being all that impressed by all but one of them. Un Jardin sur le toit, I definitely hadn't tried so I thought I'd better give it a go and you know it's not bad either.
Green, fruity, slightly floral this to me is more of the garden vibe than the others it has a very natural spring/summer breeze thing about it. Again no real depth beyond that though and I wasn't expecting it to, just delivers a very fresh accord. Smells great on my girlfriend might be another one I'll try to convince her to get. Didn't last all that long on me but felt good to begin with so all in all not bad.

jadetrail51

One of my spring rotation favorites. I spend early March/April in the red-rock canyons of Utah hiking the high desert trails under perfect bluebird skies. If the desert had a perfume, it might very well be this one. Very green and herbal, cactus-apple fresh!

JakePowell
JakePowell

I've tried 3 of the Un Jardin (Sur le Nil, Sur le Toit, en Méditerranée, missing Mousson) and this one takes the top cake.

Sur le Toit has a wonderful opening. It was so natural and so fresh, and added with that signature watery Hermes accord it really is intended for spring and summer where the heat and humidity makes it vibrant.

As for scent, Sur le Toit was really fruity as well. I get a lot of pear and apple in the opening. I also get a lot of the magnolia and rose primarily in the mid and base that was done so well here. Adding florals to the already fresh and crisp scent just makes it a step more complex for how surprisingly transparent (in a great way) this fragrance is. I did detect some pepper note, because I sneezed.. and I'm really sensitive to pepper. But thankfully that was only a few seconds, maybe to give some spice to the opening.

As for performance, yeah.. I got 18 hours so far. This really needs to be worn for the hot and humid to get that kind of performance. It was quite surprising. It had subtle sillage, and it should, for what it is. The transparency truly gives it a unique take on the sillage.

Overall I give this 9.5/10

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

I agree with the reviewer who said Jardin Sur de Nil is so much better than this.

I wore this a second time today in the hope it will change my mind. The woman beside me told me it smells like sour fruits after 30 minutes. The green aspect disappeared quickly. On the 2nd and third time, the people in the office said the sour trash became a bit sweet but there is a strong sour background. I just have to give this perfume bottle away. Who wants to smell sour ?

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Extremely pretty, springy, and wonderful. There is in fact a "hay" sort of note present, which I would attribute to the sage. It provides just enough bitterness to keep this from becoming a generic "green" sort of scent. It's not overly fruity. It reminds me of an icy glass of green tea with rose petals in it. Actually, my roommate just commented that this smells good just after I sprayed it on, and she never comments on any of my scents so I'd say that's a definite win for Sur le Toit! I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can use this to keep cool!

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I fell in love with 'Sur Le Toit' the first time I tried it. I have rarely smelled something this fresh... it is very very fresh... for some, I might think, a little bit too green and fresh.

I could definitely smell the compost and the grass within. To me this is spring in a bottle.

After ca. 2 hours the fresh grass turns into hey. The scent becomes all of a sudden very, very sweet and heavy. Didn't expect it to be honest.

I still love it, because it last the entire day, but I didn't expect the sweet twist.

henri345que
henri345que

I currently see Un Jardin Sur Le Toit as a continuation of the rose theme which Ellena started to develop in Rose Ikebana and continued at Kelly Calleche and its variations. Here, he seems to put more emphasis on grassy and fruity notes, giving a very savory opening which is balanced by the green nuances. After some moments, the rose start to show up on skin, more green than floral and with something that makes me think of tea. There seems to be a discreet leathery nuance at the drydown and a generous use of iso e super, which gives it a luminous and velvety finish. For some reasons, i remember this fragrance as very light for the first times i wore it, but today i seems to notice all day and i find it a very pleasant variation on the ideas worked on the previously mentioned fragrances.

Mintalus
Mintalus

J'adore Un Jardin Sur le Toit, oui je suis dans l'amour! Pourquoi? Parce-que il odeur de l'herbe fraichement!
This smells like "me", not literally like me but what I'd think my personality translated into a bottle would be. I can't explain it, at first wift of this fragrance I immediately knew it had to be mine! It is what I imagine you would smell like after rolling around in wet new-mown grass. I know it is supposed to be alot more sophisticated. I love this fragrance and it is my signature right now, only downside is that it doesn't last so long since it is a Eau de Toilette.

At first I thought it smells like cucumber and herbs, but now I see it's grass instead. Quite brilliant actually. Makes it interesting.
The fragrance is very light, fresh and delicate. Suitable for summer.
Very nice but I love Un Jardin Sur Le Nil more.

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

ilk sıktığınızda yoğun olarak yeni kesilmiş çimen veya yeşil ot kokusu alıyorsunuz. Erkekler için kabul edilebilir bir koku. Ancak zaman geçtikçe önce armut, sonra da gül ağırlıklı bir kokuya dönüşüyor. Hermes'in populer "Un Jardin Sur Le Nil" parfümünden çok daha kalıcı. Ama daha kadınsı. Çok yakınlaşan biri dışında zamanla farkedilirliği düşük olsa da parfümün kokusu çok doğal. Ben sert erkek parfümlerinin üzerine yumuşatmak için kullanıyorum. Biraz daha kadınsı olsa bile kalıcılık açısından "Un Jardin Sur Le Nil" isimli parfümden çok daha fazla beğeniyorum. Özellikle kadınlar için sıcak günlerde çok doğal ve yakışır bir parfüm olacaktır. Erkekler ise sert parfümlerinin üzerine kullanabilir.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Knock me over with a feather, I like a Fruity Floral!?! This is a photo realistic apple, in a sunwarmed orchard, with a recent rain, there is a sweet hint of fruity decay, an undertone of crisp rose and rich magnolia. But mostly there is apples in an orchard, with sun baking the earth, the drydown becomes more woody and dirty--there is actually oakmoss in this! I'm hooked--except this wears really quietly and lasts less than 4 hours...

dooeypie
dooeypie

i love the dry-down. love the delicate light musk scent!:) but i don't particularly love how it smells for the first 1- 2 hours after spraying.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

My impression of this fragrance is that it is a masculine, herby scent. I would not consider "green" or "blue", more like "gray". Getting rid of this one asap.

Adjames
Adjames

I love this fragrance! Fresh, sweet with a grassy/fruity dry down. I will wear this in the Spring and Summer! For now, Jour D'Hermes has me captivated as it is a tad sweeter to me and in the fall I seek a bit more sweetness than freshness. Wonderful fragrance!

Jovette Paquin
Jovette Paquin

I absolutely agree with you ian85! :)

ian85
ian85

@ Erinberry, I'm french. I think people there buy fragrances only because they like or love them... We don't care about nationality...
On the other hand, if a fragrance smells like a piece of nature, it may be a masterpiece...

FashionSavvyDolly
FashionSavvyDolly

Love, love, love! The first time I took a whiff of this fragrance I was hooked. It indeed smells like a parisian garden. I receive loads of compliments when I wear this. It's very fresh. Perfect for wear during the summer. Pricey yet worth it.

HATORI
HATORI

It`s sweet but not too far away, sadly it`s so weak, just last a while

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The line Un Jardin is tailored for spring and summer.
Sur Le Toit focuses on a linear scent, which is simple but delicious and well prepared, also looks very natural.
A mix of fruits with green notes, through grasses and invigorating, feel the air sparkling apple with a fresh green with subtle floral nuances that give the fragrance a choice of both men and women use. Great fragrance!

Kayse
Kayse

This luxurious smell is so addictive... I'm afraid It's sent me into hoarding disorder! With a fresh 3.4, I am already stalking 6.7 oz. on eBay. The perfume is a crisp, leathery rose with natural green apple aroma. Un Jardin Sur Toit lasts all day (for me) and can be enjoyed on clothing for several days. Try it, you might love it too!

shaylyn
shaylyn

I have worn this scent for a few days now and what an AMAZING scent it is. So fresh and green. I would go so far as to call it a Masterpiece,,,,,,, for about 30 minutes. Then it just poops out. Nothing beyond about a half an hour. If the smell would just last alot longer this would be worth every penny but as it stands, I could not see paying such a high price for a fragrance that just does not last.

tania.genel
tania.genel

It is not listed, but does anybody get notes of bananas??? Un Jardin Sur Le Toit could've been the lovechild of Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf and Un Jardin Sur Le Nil...imho...

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

I love the grassy scent. But it does not last long on the skin which is too bad.

mluckyg
mluckyg

It's like you are lying down on the fresh green grass under the apple tress and magnolia, rose and rosemary tree nearby.
The notes I smell most are fresh green grass, apple, magnolia flower, rose and a little bit of rosemary. Lovely green refreshing scent. Great for spring and summer.
Medium projection and last a long time.

This has transparent, airy and watery quality. I love it.

LenaBrasil
LenaBrasil

Smells like jackfruit indeed. It's ok.

Elinabelle
Elinabelle

I visited the Hermes mothership on 24 Rue Faubourg Ste. Honore in Paris last month and took time to smell all the women's fragrances (long time to include breaks). This is the one I had selected prior to the visit and this is still the one after that visit that I loved most of all, including the new ones. It's so beautiful and fresh, sweet but not cloying. Sophisticated, memorable and classic at the same time.

Susan_b
Susan_b

This perfume smells great on me. I smell roses, apple and grass. I love this one. This is what I was expecting from Florabotanica but all i got was roses and dirt.

lilou
lilou

Fruity, soapy and fresh. Apple and pear very present. Nice and joyful. Nice for young women, during spring and summer.
Correct lasting power.

Kngn
Kngn

This was the Jardin fragrance that I fell in love with the first time I came across them inside of Neiman Marcus. Jardin Sur Le Toit opens with an amazing apple and pear notes and over time brings out the grass and rose notes.

shelece
shelece

Oh this is LOVE. I love the fresh bright sparkle that it brings. Clean, light and bright. Shower in a bottle.

vik73
vik73

I would say this is not the most interesting perfume by Hermes...... but I like it. It has a slow opening. I really can smell the green pear, the freshness of the green grass. Give it a chance.

brain-ish
brain-ish

I lost internet connection and it happened again...

I recieved a sample of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit some time ago. Honestly, I wasn't twice impressed by the sharp grassy juice inside. However, I realized that during this summer's heatwave I ended up using it unexpectedly often. Now I know this garden familiarly: I can clerly recognize sweet tones of apple and pear mingled with floral rose, while the grass is making it a good background.

This is one of the fragrances: "the more I wear it, the more I like it". After all, it describes my relationship with all Jean-Claude Ellena's creations so far...not the love for the first sniff, but it's almost always long-term...

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Jardin Un Sur Le Toit opens up startlingly sweet due to the overly ripe apple and pear notes. It gives the impression of a watermelon scent. This is the part where people may have an association with sickeningly sweet teenage frags on the market. But, let it settle and the greenness appears, dulling the sweetness and inject a bitter leafiness to it, making it tolerable. After awhile, I noticed a superficial similarity to Un Sur Le Nil in terms of the greenness.

Overall, if I can live past the top notes, I'd get this.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The first 2 hours of Un Jardin sur le Toit is really pleasant. After the initial green opening, a red apple scent emerges out. Such a fresh, sweet and juicy scent that conjures the joy of life and nature. There is also some pear and green grass complimenting the charming apple. This phase is no doubt fruity, but absolutely not those syrupy candied ones, but a sincere and natural fruity scent.

However, once dried down, Un Jardin sur le Toit loses its vivacity and becomes a green and bitter skin scent which reminds me of the first two Jardins, as if the party comes to the end right after it had just started. It's not bad but it could have been more interesting.

The sillage is close and the longevity is around 4 to 5 hours. Although the apple in Un Jardin sur le Toit enchanted me, this remains my least favourite among the whole Jardin series.

Nikkie.va
Nikkie.va

I loved it from the first sniff!

It reminds me of my childhood: running around barefooted in the garden when the grass is fresh mowned; eating a fresh, juicy pear or apple in the evening; the smell of flowers in the garden; ...

The ideal perfume for a hot and sunny day!

It's my first Hermes-purchase and I am quite sure that there will follow more...

chuwey
chuwey

Summer in a garden of fruits tree! The fruits are not yet pick-able. So its green, fresh and makes me dizzy in a good way.

Its quite long lasting on me and not too heavy. But not my kind of perfume.. :D

I bought it because I loooooove the bottle.. :D

neo_xx
neo_xx

it is a ver good green fragrance with above average longevity and sillage. However after an hour , there is no depth to it.

like it , but not love

flashrainbow
flashrainbow

GREEN! What's next? Think about all those fruits. Oui, c'est juicy! Prefer this one than the brother Sur Le Nil.
It's fresh and fresh and yummy. Green and fruity but not that loud. Pretty scent for sunny days. Surely the best in un Jardin series. C'est Parfait!

SDVHC
SDVHC

For me the best of the Jardin line. Great impression at first smell. Very good!

daisygirl
daisygirl

Nice and green to start with, and then the dry down is absolutely the same as Kelly Caleche just without the leather. I am certain that they use the same base.

erica_74
erica_74

This is unconditional love at first site (sniff).

I do not appreciate grassy scents, I do not appreciate fruity scents either, rose is a note I mostly stay away from, but there I was in the department store, picked it up (drawn by the green transparency of its bottle and its name), and spritzed my right wrist, not knowing anything about the notes.

I was instantly captivated by the fresh "alive" scent of moist grass, soaking in the sunshine then it allured me to try the most juicy crisp green apple I have ever tasted, while caressing me with a relaxing but at the same time uplifting rose note (fresh buds and stems that have just been watered). I simply could not resist it! Never again have I experienced a perfume that transforms that much from the beginning to the end, so harmoniously but still drastically. That day, I spend most of my time sniffing my wrist, appreciating this miracle. The following week I was longing to find time to revisit the store and relive the experience. Like a girl on a crush!

A masterpiece, with an understated elegance (as it should be), so complex in its simplicity of accords, so intimate. Long after the dry down, it leaves a skin scent of clean muskiness - very much like Kelly Caleche, but fresher- which stays with you the whole day.

The whole perfume - from juice to bottle - spells elegance, in the way Ancient Greeks defined it with the principle of "pan metron ariston" - more or less meaning that excellence is to be found in the balance of all things. This is "metron ariston" in a bottle.
I am completely in love!

katoy4
katoy4

The reviewer who mentioned Deep Woods Off was spot on. This is like a perfume version of that bug spray, much more pleasant but still not something I could wear. I also get a strong lilac type scent. I liked sur le nil much more.

Clws
Clws

On me this is very fresh, slightly sweet and oddly creamy. Just delicious! But, IMO, it just doesn't seem like a mans fragrance. Although, everyone's body chemistry is very different. But if you are undecided about this, and you like fresh and greeny, get it, you won't be disappointed.

pingui
pingui

This fragrance for me is a fitting balance between my country roots and my now urban existence. This fragrance is inspired by a roof garden, in Paris, on top of the Hermes flagship store. All of this is a nice starting concept, but what I really get is a perfectly breezy laid back picnic scent.

I cannot help imagining a red and white blanket on top of freshly mown grass. My hair is up in a ponytail, a fresh sundress in white cotton simply adorns my body. I've laid before myself a summer repast of home grown tomatoes sliced with salt, fresh buffalo mozzerella and basil drizzled with the best grassy extra virgin olive oil. I've prepared a white sangria with green apple, peaches, pear, and mango. There are other summmer light and refreshing goodies laid out, but this fragrance which captures this idyllic afternoon mimics what I've described. The breeze gently caresses the back of my neck where I've sprayed this fragrance and lulls me after enough wine to lay down for a siesta.

baruchdr
baruchdr

Beautiful fragrance, perfect for both summer and spring depending on your preference... Very green which makes it well suited to spring as well. Definitely worth the buy if you're looking for a new summer/spring fragrance. Projection and longevity is good on me and draws a lot of attention. 8.5/10

Kilian Chicago
Kilian Chicago

love this hermes! unfortunately, it fades rather quickly. its super fresh and clean. It kinda has a room freshener scent to it though.

Amberlynn4
Amberlynn4

I was hooked the first time I smelled this, along with Sur le Nil. They are both so similar but I find the sur le toit to be a bid more feminine and less sourtangy.

My boyfriend loves this on me. I don't find it to be particularly sexy, rather, more innocent. This reminds me of when we were cuddling on the sofa, him holding me and telling me how good I smell.

I've tried many perfumes- I liked Stella from Stella McCartney, but it wasn't juicy or fruity enough. I absolutely love Bvlgari au le blanc (i think? something like white tea), but find myself wishing it was a tad more feminine with some sweetness and floral notes. This one seems to strike a balance for what I'm looking for in a summer fragrance: refreshing, feminine, light, calming, sophisticated-sweet.

However, even though I have a gift card, I hesitate buying it because it is so expensive and doesn't have fantastic staying power,but I've never smelled a perfume like it. I love that it isn't a mainstream, heavily marketed perfume.

ginger68
ginger68

Fragaholic79 your review is beautiful and so poetic! I think you described Hellena's sensations so well. I didn't think about his emotions. Like many others I was thinking that this fragrance was less intense and less impressive. I was wrong and now I agree with you. Hellena is a great nose. No way. Thanks!

shrobyn

After wearing it last night and this morning, the first scent is of sweet grass--almost like a green tea fragrance but more grassy. After just a little bit, the rose starts coming through with some rosemary. I don't get a wiff of much fruit until it's settled down after a little bit. Then it's a faint fruit smell and very soft on my skin.

My friend smelled it on me and asked if it was lilac and rose.

shrobyn

This is fantastic. I smell the grasses after a summer rain. I also smell the rain evaporating from the heat of the sun giving way to the scent of the fruits, herbs and wildflowers of a prairie.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Sur le toit is the last fragrance of the Jardin series (as of 2013)
A lot of reviewers complain that there is no depth to this scent and is deemed not as outstanding as the others in this series. I like to think otherwise.
I think this is a coming home scent for Ellena. After  his quest to Egypt, India and the med, where he created magic and captured the scents and moods of the landscapes to perfection, he came home and created a carefree scent he could relate to. Use the flora and fauna he grew up with. Nostalgia at its best. So he chose  the rooftop garden of the Paris Hermes boutique as his inspiration and composed this clean uncomplicated fragrance.A simple finale to his exotic travels.
Moving on to the fragrance, Sur le toit smells like a beautiful bright summers day. Grasses and reeds sway gently in the breeze. And the air is fragranced with roses mixed in with the scent of apples and pears from the nearby trees.There is a mild herby kick in the opening. Its a tame fruity floral and has an outdoorsy quality to it. A grassy rosy apple. Sur le toit is an uplifting fragrance with a carefree exuberance.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

The first times I tried Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, it was during winter months. Back then, all I got was mostly a predominent melon scent. After several trials, I decided that this edition was nothing special to me.

Now its full springtime, and its getting quite warm and humid where I live. I inadvertently sprayed some on me, not expecting much, and then....surprise! it's beautiful!! It was as if suddenly I was taken into this beautiful luminuous garden, a somptuous orchard full of apple and pear trees, with here and there some calming drafts of rosemary, basil and the smell of fresh cut green grass...

I think to give this scent justice, one must experience it when the temperature rises, that's when all the notes and all of the depth of this roof garden truely blossom!

Princesspiva
Princesspiva

I love this scent. It reminds me of a brisk spring day, just after a light shower of rain in the French countryside. It stays with me all day, and I am constantly stopped and asked what fragrance I'm wearing. I have also had 2 men in passing at different times, comment that I should never change my fragrance. This is a keeper for me.

flkirkland
flkirkland

Very nice soft summer and spring scent. For me, the sweet apple and pear combo comes out at first, with grass and magnolia behind it. Each of the Jardin series (I have all but the Nile one) has its own subtle differences and all are very nice. I am really enjoying the lighter, sweeter, unisex scents this spring and this one is right up there. I'll get a lot of use from this one.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

This is so pretty! And truly I do feel smell of grass, pears, apples and rose. Surprisingly it is very pleasant. I feared it was going to be a cacophony of scents, not making sense together. It is a perfume that "places" me into a meadow...

curtmaster
curtmaster

Just got this bottle actually today and I must say that this is purely grass, magnolias and roses in a 100ml bottle. I say 100ml because that is the one that I got. From the very opening all the way through, the grass stays strong in this fragrance then the Magnolia and Rose. In the opening I do get a slight pear but as far as the apple and Rosemary, I don't get at all. The fragrance is rather heavy,surprisingly for a spring/ summmer fragrance so be careful on the sprays with this. It's a nice fragrance and on a scale from 1 to 10, I would give it a 7. This could be classified as a sharp spring fragrance well at least on my skin for that matter. Update Now getting a bit of a strong apple

sunlover
sunlover

Lasts all day on me. Perfect for spring and summer with a warmer sun, but would lift my mood at any time of the year. The fruits smell natural, not synthetic, which gives this such a light, breezy feeling. I find this very elegant. I picture myself taking a walk on a beautiful day near the beach when I smell this on my skin. Sometimes simplicity works best.

Rachel4576
Rachel4576

This perfume is lovely after it has aired out for about two hours.

A garden, a garden....hmmmm....before that...I kept trying to think...why does this remind me of summer camp in the woods??? Ummm, yeah...because when you first spray it...it is a dead ringer for Deep Woods Off bug repellent.

Because of that I just can't wear it. It's those initial notes that are so strong for me, they give me a headache and I just can't do it. Quel dommage.

Joan Marie Bauman
Joan Marie Bauman

After having read several reviews, I can add, that for me, this perfume is unwearable in winter (headache and nausea) but as soon as Spring has raised the mercury a wee bit, it is exquisite! Years ago, I noticed that in extreme heat, (over 100°F, 38°C), I could tolerate only Eau de Givenchy and Arpège, in comfortable heat (90°'s-100° F, 32°-38°C), most of the perfumes I love are wearable, but in the deep winter months, certain scents are impossible to wear.
So, when it is warmer outdoors (50°-60°F), Un Jardin sur le Toit liberates its magnificent complexity on my skin, and lasts for several hours. I smell coriander in there along with all the other wonderful greens and florals, and breezes.
It makes me feel very sophisticated and professional, and secretly, inwardly joyous and free! I love this perfume, but not under 50°F!

Melodie79
Melodie79

In a word, EXQUISITE!!! Hermes is renowned for its quality and this does not disappoint. A wonderful rendition of a green fragrance.

kingdanny4754
kingdanny4754

This fragrance is really fruity and loud. A great summer scent for a lady that want a strong fruity frageance that is going to last all day and smell good. I think this is too floral and girly for a man to wear but that's in imo. But overall great scent a little pricey but worth it. Be easy on the trigger this can give you a major headache if not carefull. 3/5

Disa_17
Disa_17

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Hermes for women and men

This fragrance is nothing special. It's fresh and light. OK to wear after a shower on a hot and humid summer's day.

Nice, however, not nice enough for me to re purchase

Still seeking my HG summer fragrance.

Thumbs down on sillage and longevity.
So disappointed. Sigh......!

pbluberry
pbluberry

This is very strong to me for some reason, I only sprayed 3 times. It's only getting better after 3 hours. This is very similar to Sur la Nil.

Very very long lasting, it's been 8 hours and I can still smell it.

Vegapunk
Vegapunk

This fragrance is very feminine, natural and fruity. Definitely a unique scent when compared to many others i have tried on before. On the paper strip, it was very complex but in a nice and refreshing way. I asked my brother what he thought of it and he said that it is somewhat captivating. Once on my skin, the apple and pear notes stood out a lot more and altogether the fragrance was so lovely and uplifting! I couldn't stop smelling it on my arm after the tester. (:

filmoyster
filmoyster

I LOVE the freshness of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, but with my budget I'm not sure I can justify getting this when I already have a nearly full bottle of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil! Toit is just not quite different enough for me to make this purchase, but has definitely landed on my wish list... if I had unlimited money... or when I run out of Sur Le Nil. I found:

Within the first five minutes:

- Fresh cut grass, makes me feel like a kid rolling down a hill
- Warm spring breezes, summer mornings
- Some apple, some pear - but gentle, not like Be Delicious's obnoxious apple
- More feminine than Sur Le Nil
- I do not notice Rosemary

The perfume evolves in about an hour:

- Becomes very very light
- Apple and pear notes increase
- Grass dissappates
- I still notice it eight hours later, but very very soft

Final thought, I think in the summer heat this would be amazing. (Hermes, I love you so) It would probably gently waft with body temperature changes and not be in your neighbors face. In the winter its just too quiet.

*8/10 rating for its fresh smell
*1/10 headache factor - this does not give me a headache

Soutty123
Soutty123

I have a sample of this. It's a lovely fresh scent for summer but the only trouble is it appears to have absolutely no sillage or longevity. It's a shame as I really love the apple/grass accord and this turns sweet rather than masculine on my skin. If it was cheaper I would buy a big bottle and the body lotion and keep applying but not at this price sadly :(

wind83
wind83

I love the apple, smells good to my skin, This is my 2nd Hermes, first i'm not sure to try this hermes. and when i get 10 ml well its not too bad.

First the apple, pear.. it takes good lasting. 6-8 hours to my skin. But in the end i found it very maskulin like boy perfume.

I gave it 7.5/10

melange
melange

Got my bottle for Christmas 2011, and it is still almost untouched - it's definitely an "acquired taste" scent, and I cannot get past what feels to me like a thick, headache-inducing wall of turpentine.

hermes186
hermes186

Although somewhat similar to Le Nil, this one leans more towards the feminine side (maybe due to the Rose) whereas le Nil is more unisex and I feel is better at adapting to both chemistries. Both definitely for summer.

sherylchan
sherylchan

This is my only bottle of a fruity fragrance. Very fresh and sprightly, it exudes energy and cheer. A very outdoorsy fragrance that can be worn under the sun all day, without deteriorating to a stench.

leomat2008
leomat2008

I have the four of the Un Jardin Collection and this is the less interesting. To many grass and it sounds a little artificial to me. For me the best is Apres la Mousson, I´m in the second flask. En Mediterrane is excelent too. Sur le nil I consider a concept fragrance, not too weareable, nothing comercial, unusual, but interesting still.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

Smells like an expensive green apple shampoo... I can almost feel the lather in my hair every time I catch a whiff.

Nirsara
Nirsara

I adore this fragrance... I normally only wear Chanel fragrances on me, other fragrances I use around the house. This fragrance is one of 4 exceptions (the other 3 are Yasmin Noir from Bvlgari, Femme from Dolce&Gabbana and L'acquarossa from Fendi).
It's radiant and different. I love it.
When I wear it people ask me what it is. They try it themselfs and they àlways get back to me saying it's a bad match for them...
Give it a chance, try it! It's an illuminating fragrance when it works well with your skin.

almarie
almarie

I really wanted to like this. I tried it at Sephora today and sprayed it on my wrist, but almost immediately it began to take on a chemically, cleaning spray type of scent. I think it might just be my body chemistry, but I also have not been too fond of any other Hermes scents, either.

raina113
raina113

This is a very expensive one for me but dang I fell in love with this perfume. At first the fragrance is too strong that I push it away immediately. But after a while, I smell it again and voila, I was mesmerized. It makes me feel womanly, gentle, with grace, kind of seducing. And because for me the fragrance is quite heavy I prefer wearing it at night.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

This Un Jardin sur le toit Edt sample I have got from Sephora.
At home I placed it in the compot bowl with other samples. Every time passing the table where the bowl stood I smelled that there was in my compot bowl living and breathing un jardin sur le toit, vivid experience in the small tube. In that respect this fragrance is very alluring and therefore very distracting. It's alive.

The Approach of the creator is an impressionistic one, since this perfume is not about things in general.
This fragrance is about a moment experience described deeply, in detail, with kindness and even sence of humor.

Juicy freshness of just stepped on grass with the leather boot(probably Hermes made), and smell of soil, little dirt in it, slightly masculine way. Not the dirt that is present in every gucci perfume, no, UJSLT's dirt has very different meaning and effect, it's not sweat.
I would say, it's not a human sweat for sure. I do not mind it.
Maybe, I smell clean shiny horsy somewhere around me grazing or under me in the meadow, or stralling by the lake, sun is focused on us kindly.

Usually I obstain from unisex fragrances. Not this time. Drydown is very feminine to me.
Goes on skin similar to oil, rich, juicy oil. In that respect this EdT feels more like a eau de parfum than many eau de parfums out there. Sounds as a good investment. But if it's present somewhere in the room, it's going to make you think of it, it's going to distract.
Many thanks for this beautiful fragrance, the warmth of skin to it as the warmth of sun that starts shining again after the quick summer rain.

I had a headache when I rubbed a drop of this fragrance onto my arm, headache disappeared very quickly, i would attribute it to rosemary.

pani.parzer
pani.parzer

When I smelled this for the first time I was excited about the apple-ish freshness of it. Very different from all the other apples I had smelled. But the next day it started giving me headache and I couldn´t stand it at all. I felt like suffocating. I could smell a sweet herbal overwhelming power that couldn´t wouldn´t let go. Luckily it was just a sample I have bought, although the firs try of it seemed so promising...

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! Excellent for extremely hot summer days. Use a light hand and the staying power is still perfect after 5 hours. If your temperatures are over 100, this understated fragrance hits just the right summertime note!

The less interesting of the gardens.

The grass note is the most noticeable.

I don't like it. It smells too simple to be called one of them, imho.

ab2_suburbanites
ab2_suburbanites

I spray on myself and pillows at night. Keeps me calm after all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Serenity... peace... drifting off to a dream world ...

bibou7
bibou7

I love this perfume . It smels like apples and it's so fresh! and I love his name too.I don't put it on my skin because i am alergic . I put it on my clothes or my hair .

caca102
caca102

The opening is sweet and tangy, with the mix of apple and pear. As time goes by the sweetness subsides and morphs into an invigorating herbal scent. Very interesting and unique, sweet and fresh without being nauseating. Great for warm weather. The downside is that it is expensive and you need to put on more than usual to make it noticeable, staying power is not the best either. I spray once in the morning and by late afternoon there is only a very faint shadow of herbs left (still very nice though). Would have been my signature scent if it has better longevity.

hesione
hesione

very interesting scent... strangely it's sort of gourmands to me, not even desserts or booze, but reminds me some actual meals(rice dishes)(I don't know why, cause I really couldn't see it'd relate to gourmands based on the notes listed either). I really like it, just feeling odd to smell this on a person...

prettyliscious
prettyliscious

the smell is good but I cannot stand using this for a long time too much apple scent gives me a headache.

Pink_Petal
Pink_Petal

My love affair with "jardin" range by HErmes started right here:) First I only wanted a purfume that would smell like freshly cut grass...somebody told me to try this. I started from a 2ml sample, sprayed it on and my journey into the world of fragrance began! never before I felt different notes develop so clearly and never before I had this urge to be covered in a purfume from head to foot! That was a love from the first sniff! Immideately I was taken into a garden, early in the morning when the due is still on. The grass was cut yesterday, but hasn't dried and this smell, freshly cut grass that is slightly wet is lingering in the air. Then as the sun rises higher, the grass starts to dry and you feel other smells mixing with it- flowering fruit trees, rose and a bit of fresh apple. Needless to say I am simply besotted with this smell, as well as my husband:)) It is the only purfume that I also wear to bed, never gives me a headache, never too much:)

vergil_s
vergil_s

واقعا عطر شاداب و جذابیه!
بوی سیب قرمز کاملا واضحه.
بوی رز دلنشینی هم داره.
من که لذت بردم.
واسه تابستون و بهار عطر مناسبیه.

Ursula Jaschke
Ursula Jaschke

This wasn't love on first sight, but I got hooked eventually. What I smell is not much of a garden, except for the apples. There's something strong and leathery about this, reminding me of a luxurious leather-saddle or vintage bag. I can't smell anything flowery or sweet. So as a "garden-scent" it's a little disappointing, but when I tried it a second time, I had to buy it in XXL, because I was so sure that this will be a long-term-affair. I love leathery perfumes and they work very well with my skin-chemistry.

Majesty
Majesty

Ok,I am fed up with Jardin collection because it doesn't last on my skin!This morning I wore Un Jardin Sur Le Toit body lotion,layered it with Un Jardin Sur Le Toit edt and noone could smell it!I couldn't smell it either but let's say I become used to my own perfume..No one could smell a thing!This is just so bad..Sweet and ''fresh'' like a teenager scent..As for the juice itself,it's a rosy-apple slightly grassy and sweet perfume,nothing extraordinary to my nose..It's boring,with extremely poor lasting power..I am not going to waste my money on a perfume like this,I am sorry..

Elenkina
Elenkina

I like to wear this fragrance sometimes in summer or spring. Got lots of good comments on it. But wouldnot wear it every day.

MonarC
MonarC

I loved this one. It's juicy and fruity. But after one month of using I started to hate it. Something wrong is inside, which I cannot stand.

dkny27
dkny27

Distinct herbally green fragrance, very unique. Fresh, fresh, fresh!! The sillage is excellent on my skin. Not one of your warm, sweet, fruity fragrances either. Great as a signature scent, I even mist the pillows at night for the Mmmmmmm!

Hayven
Hayven

I was unable to smell much fruit in this. I smelled grass and raw almond, just bitten into almonds (not sweet). It does not sit well on me.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

lovely scent. Of high quality as well. I did not get the icky chemical smell that esteee lauder or other mainstream scents have. It's just too bad it does not work with my chemistry, but it is a sophisticated fruity green floral. Highly recommended

jadetrail51

What a pleasant fresh surprise. The drydown for me comes across as crunchy fragrant apple and fresh picked crisp pear.....only subtly sweet, no headache here. This is a great transition scent from spring to summer. I'll be taking this with me to the Wine Country this spring/summer.

I couldn't wear sur le nil, due to something in it that transferred a rotten or sour scent with my chemisty..., this one is just perfect on me, and the best next to mediterranee, in the 4 part garden series.

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

Oh so JUICY! Un Jardin Sur Le Toit is the olfactory equivalent of biting into a ripe piece of fruit and letting the juices drip from your chin. It is well-balanced, sparkling and very fresh. This perfume screams summer to me - a picnic in the grass or an afternoon swim. It has excellent silage and monster longevity - a faint trace lingering after a full 24 hours. A beautiful and exceptional quality fragrance - je suis tellement en amour!

sabina94
sabina94

At first it's REALLY sharp at my skin, but reeeally sharp and open, but i got used to it and the second time I smelled it it was nice, I guess that day I felt like wearing it.. It's spring, spring, spring and just spring perfume to me :)

galina27
galina27

I totally agree with JustinV review, this perfume is Juicy !! I don't know why, but for me it smells like ripe mango. Tasty !!
I live in hot tropical country, so this is perfect.

kalios55
kalios55

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit ...

I had never tested any other fruity perfumes that are as natural smelling as Un Jardin Sur Le Toit. Most pear and apple scents are very synthetic and alcoholicky but not in this Hermes' gem.

Opens with a clean pleasant tarty green/fresh herb note. Follows by the sweet, ripen and juicy fruits. Red delicious aroma stays undertone of the potent pear. The fruitiness in Un Jardin Sur Le Toit will make your mouth water. When I test this scent .. it's like sticking my nose in a sun-ripe nectar-dripping fruit tray filled with slices of pears and apples. The fruit scents are very real, rich and intoxicating.

The tartness and herbaceous note keep the fruit from being overly sweet and the scent fresh. The flowers are not as dominant as the fruits but can be noticed later when the fruits start to fade. Rosemary can also be detected clearly at the end.

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit is a fruity aquatic scent. Juicily rich yet light and airy. I'm confident in its originality and the quality. It projects well for the first couple of hours and lingers on my skin for at least 8.

The scent truly takes me back to the places I have long forgotten .. as my grandma used to raise fruit farms where these tropical type of scents do exist. Un Jardin Sur Le Toit reminds me of the way super-ripen sweet JACKFRUIT smells when my family used to cut it open (**salivates**). Oh so good!!

AkimiOneko
AkimiOneko

Jardin Toit is amazing *^_^* Sweet and sour fragrances are really my thing (Petite Cherie and Mitsouko are other favourites of mine). I love Jean-Claude Ellena's recent work, I think he's a genius and these Jardin fragrances are the first to peak my interest in a while. I do wish people wouldn't give JC such a hard time, there are other lines out there for those who don't 'get' these fragrances. Like any niche, they cater to a specific audience instead of trying to please everyone through being inoffensive or having too many notes. Some of us really like these scents :) Wearing it now, I think of green gummy bears, green roses and juicy sour pears. Despite the 'gummy bear' association, it also feels very natural to me. Not a bit artificial. It's amazing how pears and roses really bring each other out with their similarities, I heard somewhere that Annick Goutal created CSoJ on that premise.

The first spritz is a bit sharp, green, and tangy, but eventually it dries down into a light rosy kind of scent. I am surprised that I don't smell the apple or pear much and instead smell rose and magnolia very clearly. This is my favorite of the Jardin series, in fact it's the only one I like enough to buy. I don't think this is unisex. It's too sweet and rosy for a man (but of course one may wear whatever suits them!).

natefifield
natefifield

A fantastic Christmas present from my beautiful wife!

I first wore Sur le Toit in Paris last autumn interviewing for a job there, and wanted to wear something "Parisian." It gave me the confidence to meet the glamorous director of the Paris Opera Ballet.

For me, this captures so much of the beauty of my experience in France: the lightness, the air, the still and sensual repose.

So much fruit, without being fruity. Abundant florals without being flowery. An atmospheric and evocative mist from an abundant garden.

But not an overly sophisticated garden. A simple, familiar garden of beloved fruits and flowers, a playful and tantalizing bouquet.

Another success for Jean Claude Elena!

Hmmm... Isn't UN JARDIN SUR LE TOIT basically a fruity-floral fragrance with a blast of green up top? The fruit scent here is similar to that of standing at the kitchen sink and peeling apples and pears and the other components of a fruit salad before running the peels and cores and rinds, now turning slightly brown, through the garbage disposal. So that's my take on the "compost" note, I guess.

If I try very, very hard to find subtlety and profundity in this fruity-floral fragrance, then perhaps I shall. But would I ever put that much effort into this sort of composition, were I not indoctrinated by the teachings of the cult of Ellena, according to which he is a genius and/or a saint? Honestly, I predict that the evaluations of this fragrance will be much, much higher than they would be if it were tested blind. Just a hunch...

Having now strolled through all of the gardens, I can confidently reaffirm that I appreciate this minimalist "haiku" or atmospheric perfume concept more as a theory than in practice. I truly love this house, and applaud their recent victory against the forces of hegemony, but the members of the Jardin series, while perfectly fine for what they are, do not hold a candle to some of the resplendent Hermès masterpieces so dear to me.

calvin.jevernsky
calvin.jevernsky

for me it lasting until all day... but sometimes my head really headache smell this kind of smell, i don't know why

Wilka
Wilka

I bought it yesterday. I read a review in "Madame Figaro", I tested it and I loved it immediately. Hermès refinement is undoubtedly there.

Nice! This is a very nice fresh but present and longlasting perfume that it's not so far from others in the same line especially Un Jardin sur le Nils. There is at least a note in common even if UJSLN is much stronger and more woody.
UJSLT is more floral but in a delicate way.
No piercing opulent rich flower comes out, only a soft floral breeze in the line of Kenzo Amour Eau Florale and the alikes.
A collegue of mine wears UJSLT and it smells clean and elegant at workplace, not disturbing, still feminine and refined.

id
id

It is fresh nice and ok, but I think it's the weakest creation (I have originality in mind) from the series of Hermes "Jardin". No "wow" affect and suprise after the first sniff as it happened e.g., with Jardin En Mediterranee. I love Hermes perfumes and respect J. C. Ellena's works a lot but this time I pass from gaining the full bottle.

Minity Meo

After receive, i have some considerations:

This is a good fragrance, good smell etc. But, only this, There are other perfumes with the same smell or near it, however, the price are too high, nothing to justify 120 box for a bottle. This are more one that you pay for the maison, not by the fragrance.

bp
bp

A perfume with greater longevity and projection I know.
Very good indeed.
The smells wonderfully clean and pure.

kikiki
kikiki

This is my new go-to daytime scent. It's light, lovely and fresh. It reminds me of this fruit in the orient that I've always loved. When I've tried this at the store, I knew I've got to have it. It smells lovely on me, that's all it matter.

Raina
Raina

Sampled this in store on paper it smells all kinds of amazing. A lovely floral aquatic without the harsh pepper notes. On paper I get mostly the apple, pear and grass which almost resembles and lovely watermelon scent, with just the slightest touch of rosemary and rose to turn it floral. Brought a sample home and unfortunately on my skin its another story.

When first applied I get rosemary, a touch of grass, and an overwhelming pepper note I'm beginning to associate with this house. As it settles the pepper calms down and rose and rosemary are at their most prominent. Subtle hints of grass and a soft sweet aquatic blend of apple and pear lurk around the edges of rose and rosemary, never really at the fore. Nice, but not what I'm looking for.

larissafenerli
larissafenerli

Reminds me Faroe Islands. I love to smell it, if heaven exists and has a smell, it would be Un Jardin Sur Le Toit. It makes me feel happy. Smell of happiness! :)
I want to get a 50 ml, because im not actually planning to wear it, i just want to smell it (in my house maybe) and feel happy. It's silly but I do the same for Van Cleef & Arpels Oriens and I love it.

Boosichka
Boosichka

I bought mine in Antwerp in the beginning of summer. It's my tradition to buy new Hermes in the beginning of summer. Absolutely seasonal scent as all "jardin" collection. Cool one but goes very quickly - lasts not more than an hour. Don't get any pear and apple there. It's more grass and rosemary for me. I'd say it's very specific and final note depends much on your own chemistry.

Blessed
Blessed

6.5/10 good one but seasonal perfume

@sf2explus.
On me it lasts all day long and on a friend of mine as well. It's a long lasting perfume, no doubt about that.

theconnection
theconnection

Fresh Herbacious Clarity - Gorgeous for Spring or Summer: Differently percieved when wafting off a man from the womans skin.

Something out of the ordinary - Kudos to Hermes.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

I tried in the evening and it woke me up over and over again in the night. It seemed exciting at first but later was just too sweet, too fruity, too much like things I normally dislike...even if only out of snobbishness. It's one of those that you just don't know what to think. Is it trashy and cheap-smelling and cloying or like-wow? I don't think it's quiet though, for sure.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I was surprised by how sweet is this one ! Not on a synthetic way , i mean , it smells sweet , but not candy . I guess it is because of the fruit notes . Because of its sweetness , i wouldn't call it unisex . I expected something more floral , more herbal , from a scent of the "Jardin" series . Not my favorite , quite pleasant still .

anton007
anton007

A most wonderful fruity scent for both men and women to enjoy. 5 stars! Truly a one of a kind scent

glamgirl
glamgirl

This feels like a lighter version of Jardin sur le Nil. Good for the summer, while le Nil feels more like a winter fragrance to me. It has pretty good lasting power, and is very unique, like all in the Le Nil series.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

An easygoing fruity-floral for the summer! If you are made of money, you won't mind the cost of this fragrance and will spray lavishly.

Romnel
Romnel

very lasting!!!
so good...
it´s like Sur le Nil (base notes)

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

A quiet garden high above the clamor of the city. An oasis of calmness meant to be relaxed in. Where all tension is loosed...

Motivated
Motivated

A few months ago I thought nothing there had been nothing special and new in it. Ok, it was nice, but too simple.
Then I received it as a present from my best friend, who is an absolut Hermés fan. It was not love for the first sight:) Love is getting higher by using it.
I use because of myself, because I love to smell it time by time. The first scent is always the pear. It's tasty and sweet, but not so much. Then comes other, but in a very nice way. Sillage is beautiful.
Very long lasting!

Ok, I've to resign to the fact that JC Ellenà is focused on minimalist (almost inconsistent), clean (almost aseptic) fragrances and Un Jardin Sur Le Toit makes no exceptions.

A sweet, fruity accord (pear and green apple) juxtaposed to a bitter cut grass note "evolving" (this is probably not the most appropriate word when we talk about the latest compositions by Ellenà) into a flowery mid-phase and a powdery drydown. Light but with an acceptable sillage and lasting power. Not much interesting.

PiggyB
PiggyB

Apple note is dominant on me. Not Red, but Green Apple.
Base is similar to Jardin Sur Le Nile, this is a bit sweeter, it seems less powerful.
Recommended for Summer, it can be used for Spring.
Hermes seems completed “tetralogy” but they maybe are planning next one to add the series, still at large.
Which Jardin would you try next, Monsieur Hermes?
I am looking forward to trying it.
i will add this to my favourite collection shelf!

go-desssmile
go-desssmile

Hallelujah! Something that is new and interesting and tantalizing to the senses! I was dazzled at first sniff, and was torn between just buying it on the spot, or waiting awhile. Well, I waited awhile, and am now not so thrilled, but only mildly so. The drydown for me is just like another favorite which has alot of rose in it as well. In fact, all I could smell was this faint rose scent hours later. Even the next morning, I walked into the livingroom where the samples lay on the table, and I could still smell the rose scent! Pretty powerful stuff! I am going to try the sample again, then decide. I do love the blend of top notes tho!

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin
Top : Fresh, sparkling, juicy, burst of tropical fruit punches! Apple! Orange! Lime! Lemon! Pear? Guava! Pineapple! Bergamot! All mix together. Ala you know, witches in those fairy tales mixing their potions in their cauldron. This top, edible!

Middle: Same!

Base: WTH! Same!

Good projection on my skin, this is so, so, so juicy!

LADY KILLER!

Long lasting!

Juicy!

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5 (I don't give two shits, JUICY).

Sillage: 4 (BEAST! 6 Hours of projection).

Time length: 4 (BEAST! 10 hours???).

Occasion: 2 (Hot weather! 100% hot weather! Tropical country like mine, this will project!!).

Overall base on mathematics: 3.75/5

JUICY! YUMMY! DRINK! Virgin Island Water can suck balls to this XD LOL.

Beware! people might eat you up because you smell dam edible and juicy!

aliathespoon@yahoo.com
aliathespoon@yahoo.com

I'm a 19 year old female, and man does this smell sexy on me. I don't think I've ever gotten more compliments on anything else. It's really light, but this lasts on me for days.. the silage is amazing for me. My boyfriend loves it. It starts out this light, airy floral citrus arrangement, with a light breeze of tomato. The dry down is slightly paper-y on me, but very herbal and sweet. How original! I am really impressed with this perfume, I don't know if I will ever wear anything else.

*I usually smell best in citrus and green perfumes. My skin draws out the notes.

junglefun
junglefun

I love putting this on after a good workout and a shower, feels nice for spring and summer. In all the fruitiness and gardenliness, it yet has a masculine quality about it. Lasts good on me, but certainly is not loud after an hour or so. I am glad I bought, especially because the girl who sold it me gave me tonnes of other Hermes samples.....awesome.

Minity Meo

It's true, he's very similar to Sur le Nil, more fruity. Particulary i prefer this version, maybe the most difference of the two versions is: le Nil is more green while Le Toit is more fruity. But, although it is more fruity, it still remains more male than female.

mashakiri
mashakiri

The most unfortunate thing about this one is that it disappears completely after 30 min. Even the exact spot on your skin smells unnoticeable! The fastest to go of all I ever tried.

HazelMae
HazelMae

This perfume makes me contemplate that rose and apple are both members of the same family. I pick up more apple than pear in the opening. A dry rose dominates the drydown. Sometimes I find rose to be stifling, and I was worried I wouldn't want to wear it again after being gifted with a bottle. But I found myself reaching for it. This fragrance strikes me as a bit cold, in a good way. As of yet I haven't been able to pick out the earthy compost note that others have mentioned. It might be interesting to compare this with CB I hate Perfume Black March, that might reveal the note. I do detect the subtle backround soapy-herbal thing that seems to be in all of the Jardins as well as Voyage d'Hermès.

This would make a fine office scent. I can't imagine anyone being offended by this, yet it isn't without distinction. Maybe I am an overly-literal dork, but I happily wore this on my last trip to the Home Depot garden center. Sillage and longevity are good. I constantly catch the scent as I move, yet it has this light quality that makes me think it would be difficult to overspray. This is due to the somewhat unique diffusive properties of Iso E Super, I think.

UPDATE: in fact it is quite possible to overspray this. Your coworkers will sniff the air and say "did they clean the carpets over the weekend?" I think that's what happens when you overdo rose + crazily diffusive woods.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

After abundant trying on my skin I find some reviews below very comprehensive, so I just support them with a short scheme.

First goes apple, rather smooth and “Pop” style, not in the vein of Hermes actually.

Then appears Sur Le Nil base, but less edgy, without strong acetone feeling. More “humanized” version of it.

I can’t detect anything rotten or of fresh soil.

Seems like Ellena just made Sur Le Nil little cute reshuffle.

Hilaire

@K1 I'm European, and a fan of Ellena, this perfume is not his best work and nor did it appeal to my tastes.

Aroussa
Aroussa

If this is the last of the series, then it's probably for the best. Roof hits me wit the fruit, which are not very plesant to smell on yourself for more than twenty minutes, and then the greens. Smells like some apples and pears were added to Nil and here you are, Roof. This scent would work better in a summer candle, or room fragrance, or a nice soap. Not too classy for an Hermes... Word of advice: definitely spritz this on yourself (not a strip and not even your wrist, but how you would normally apply perfume) and walk around - see if this agrees with you after a few hours, because there isa high probability it won't.

akiko
akiko

It's good,I like it.But it didn't reach my expectation.
It's similar with Un Jardin Après la Mousson on me,with a sweeter top note which is different.
It smells wet and feminine.

spoombung
spoombung

This smells very much like a carton of Tropical Fruit Juice from the supermarket with a voluptuous apple, mango and pear smell. I wouldn't be surprised if it shares some common ingredients. It's grown on me after several samplings and I would imagine it's perfect in hot weather and has unisex appeal.

A bit expensive ... but incredibly long-lasting for a fruity fragrance.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I got pure acidic fruityness, apple maybe, and a few green notes and maybe some wetness. Very refreshing. Shane it doesn't last long- I sprayed this alongside la moussson and this was a gone a long time before.

K1
K1

Although, this kind of smell became a bit ordinary in our region, still plays attractively. Maybe for an European taste it's more interesting.
It opens fresh, so bitter, so divine and a bit floral. Floral continues till the end but its heavenly mood disappears after a while and it turns to earthy. A pleasant sharpness presents with sour and bitter freshness which exactly reminds a garden; a garden which is full of varieties of plants!
Strange smell, immensely herbal and natural, young and elegant. More feminine that masculine.
It smells clear, attractive, fragile, a bit heavy, cool, frank and friendly.

Longevity 8/10
Sillage 9/10
Scent, 5/10, sorry, still not on my taste!

lafefe
lafefe

I was writing my review when I read Vertigo's. I totally agree, I'm not convinced, this green accord is nothing new, it's not interesting and is not my kind of perfume. The rose is faint, lemony but not fresh. Not impressed, it could have been be so much better.

Sur Le Toit is the most fruity scent of all Un Jardin series. It's a bit mainstream with pear, apple, and magnolia, but it still have that natural feeling and minimalism of Jean-Claude Ellena.

The overall scent is fresh and light but not ground breaking. It's a bit more mainstream and a bit less ambitious. It's fruity fresh with clean green earthy ending. It is most similar to Sur Le Nil, I think. I still find it to be a lovely fragrance. It should appeals to a broader consumer. It is a great scent to introduce new and younger people to this line of product. I don't have to have it at the moment because I am perfectly fine with the previous trio.

goofynose
goofynose

The top note smells very appleish. It is not too bad, but there is something in it that I am not really comfortable with, maybe it is the rosemary.

The longevity is great though. The first perfume that lasts 8-10 hours on my skin.

And everytime i moved my arm, i could smell it. But it is not an easy fume.

antonpan
antonpan

This is not the revolution, but still the product of high quality. It's the example of the new generation of Hermes' fragrances: modern, closer to masses but still done in the classical direction. And of course the signature of Mr Ellena (who, unfortunately, now prefers to mix his existed formulas than to create something very new) is here. The opening of Un Jardin sur le toit is closer to Sur de Nil, but softer and less spicy. The notes are "green", but I don't fell any of declared fruits. After some time the scent becomes a bit powdery with a touch of roses, more mature and feminine, and starts to remind of lighter and fresher version of Kelly Caleche.

Sur le Toit seems to be the youngest sister in the "gardens" family and appeals to the younger audience. So... why not?

Hilaire

As a big fan of Hermes and the Un Jardin series I must say this is a big disapointment. Yes it's green, apple-y, slightly rosey and grassy fresh, but no it's not memorable, it's not interesting and it's not very nice. I have an anti-bacterial bathroom cleaner that smells exactly like this.

Natashafx
Natashafx

I got a sample this weekend while shopping at Nordstrom's for another fragrance. The sales clerk referred this one and I'm glad she did. Can't wait to go back and pick it up. Can we say, enchanting! And eventhough it's EDT, it seems to last long.

Ghosty
Ghosty

My first review was very positive - but I've tried the perfume only on the paper strip, after wearing it for a few hours I've tottaly changed my opinion - the scent is disgusting, the worst of all Hermes' jardins. It made me sick - the pear and compost notes do not cooperate with each other very good.
Thank's God I did not buy it :))))

Gaubizi
Gaubizi

I was really disappointed since I could only smell apple and pear. The apple and the pear were artificially sweet, which is too bad.
Strangely, after an hour or so it transformed on my skin into Nil! (But if I had wanted Nil, well....). After two hours there were hints of roses, not unlike Kelly Calèche. So is this a chameleon of perfumery?

There is seemingly no depth in this scent. I tested it today on one arm and sprayed some Mediterranee on the other arm. While Mediterranee is a very complex scent which gives a wholesome picture and does not so readily reveal its single components, Sur le Toit is only shallow and boring. It also reminded me of bubblegum. I was surprised to see Ellena use such sweetness for his scent, sugary sweetness that rather alludes to shower gel than an Hermès perfume. I hope he will return to his former creativity soon.
But since this was the first sniff, I will try it again from time to time. Maybe my perception of it changes.

Migotka
Migotka

I love all the three previour 'garden' scents from the collection... And Un Jardin sur le Toit came to me as a massive disappointment. I was really looking forward to something juicy, vibrant and crisp. What I got was something stale, cloying and quite traumatising. It's a sort of a garden where plants have been watered too often and their roots starter rotting or a scent of a vase where flowers spent too much time and started decomposing. I felt sick after spraying it on my wrist, and the aura of dying flowers followed me for a good few hours.

The mysterious compost note is really overwhelming, and I think this is what utlimately ruins the fragrance. Un Jardin sur le Toit rather than being a celebration of nature is a picture of decomposition. I personally found it extremely unpleasant, hopefully it will work better for others.

vertigo
vertigo

No no, I'm not convinced.

Sadly, I don't get any pear or apple.
I get a green grassy accord, which is not sharp at all.
On this accord lies a vintage, light rose - not my kind of rose at all ... Strict, no emotions allowed.

And that's it.
Oh! Rather poor sillage, but good staying power of 5+ hours.

querelle

A huge green apple, along with a juicy, mellow pear are playing with your senses from the first spray on your skin. For the first five minutes they play charmingly together, to give way afterwards to a marvellous turkish rose, co-operating with the glorious magnolia and the result is a wet leathery impression. This is where Kelly Caleche comes in mind. And for the next couple of hours it's all about rose and it's mood. And your skin's as well.
At this stage of the perfume, there is no Jean Claude minimalism, it's big and it brings in mind one of his first compositions, that HUGE aldehyde-floral, First by Van Cleef and Arpels.
But the most amazing thing about Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, is it's heavenly dry-down: Imagine all the above wrapped up in a warm soil smell, eight o'clock in the evening, the exact moment when you realise that you are not perfect and Life can be really tricky sometimes but still, it's bloody gorgeous! Specially when Mr Jean Claude is "messing up" a bit with it..
By far the best in the Jardin collection.
PS: I've read somewhere that it might be the last of the series.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Un Jardin sur le toit...Ah oui, je le veux!
Hermes you got me hooked. The notes reads like something I would eat after a workout then I would stop by a flower shop and buy some flowers.Finally get home to sit on my balcony and relax to the summer breeze smelling my flowers. Let's see if this frag likes my skin.
Je le souhaite:)

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermes 4.07 out of 5 based on 889 ratings and 159 user reviews

allbeauty.com
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
UN JARDIN SUR LE TOIT for WOMEN by Hermes EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
UN JARDIN SUR LE TOIT for WOMEN by Hermes EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
UN JARDIN SUR LE TOIT for WOMEN by Hermes SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ EDT SPRAY .5 OZ MINI
UN JARDIN SUR LE TOIT for WOMEN by Hermes SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 1.35 0Z EDT SPRAY .5 OZ MINI
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Hermes Un Jardin sur le Toit - Eau de toilette natural spray 3.3 oz
Hermes Un Jardin sur le Toit - Eau de toilette natural spray 3.3 oz
NORDSTROM.com
Hermes Un Jardin sur le Toit - Eau de toilette natural spray holiday set One Size
Hermes Un Jardin sur le Toit - Eau de toilette natural spray holiday set
Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Perfume by Hermes, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Perfume by Hermes, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Perfume by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Un Jardin Sur Le Toit Perfume by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Un Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.