Designers » F-H » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Voyage d`Hermes Hermes for women and men

Voyage d`Hermes Hermes for women and men Videos
Voyage d`Hermes Hermes for women and men Pictures Voyage d`Hermes Hermes for women and men Pictures Voyage d`Hermes Hermes for women and men Pictures Voyage d`Hermes Hermes for women and men Pictures

Voyage d`Hermes is a unisex fragrance presented in 2010 and it arrives on the market in March. Perfumer of this edition is Jean-Claude Ellena. The fragrance is available as 35ml, 100ml and 125ml edt. This composition has accentuated aromas of fresh wood and musk.

Amalfi Lemon Spices Cardamom

Angéliques Sous La Pluie

Voyage d`Hermes Fragrance Reviews

giedriusva
giedriusva

Very poor longevity. After 2 hours I could barely detect it. Too bad since it is a pleasant parfume, less "earthy" than the rest of Hermes for men.

Andi Rrr
Andi Rrr

Smells like a gin and tonic. Classy and a little rough around the edges, just like a man should be.

Bartdino
Bartdino

Declaration, Terre d'Hermes...Voyage I really like and appreciate Mr. Ellena works but....maybe needs new inspirations...

Attitude
Attitude

This is a very very weak lemony splash cologne, about 1hr.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Pungent balsamic herbal opening quickly evolving in a softer cozy cashmere-like accord comprising rose and musks, refreshened by a coming-and-going lemon note. Basically a decent contemporary eau de cologne. It "smells good", it is a safe and pleasant crowdpleaser wearable by anyone – the perfect Christmas gift, a tad more distinctive comparing to other more generic and common fragrances. But still it is really not worth the cost for me, for both ingredients and composition, and because it is rather plain and a bit static – that type of mass-market fragrance designed to hit customers with a perfectly-formed scent guaranteed to last - identical to itself - for hours.

viridian
viridian

Love this! A must try if you like cardamom. When it was released I had a spray and returned to work afterwards. Kept getting little wafts of clean, warm spice all afternoon. I find this wearable year round - the fresh citrus and cardamom work in the warmer months and the spicy, woody notes when it's cool. If you want something a little richer the parfum version has more musk and the addition of amber. Both are gorgeous scents!

bobosan336
bobosan336

A voyage to a cardamom bush which lasts 30 min and costs $60.

A lot better than my previous trip with the same company which took me to the terre of rotten oranges and decayed vetiver...

DaZeD
DaZeD

It took me some time to fully appreciate this classy scent, but now i can't go without it.

It's perfect to wear in warm weather, you want to feel classy but don't want to stand out too much, you just like to feel fresh and classy, then Voyage is just perfect.

It's not overpowering, not offensive, but still unique at the same time.

It takes a very special kind of balance to make a unique scent so versatile.

It's probably one of my favorites.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

A really nice scent,very spicy and peppery, unisex in an excellent way.
But somehow there is a typical tone to all Hermes perfumes, a base scent that is similar in all of them and gives me an annoying headache...

Such a pity, as I really like the scent.

longevity is good and sillage moderate.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

I cannot understand ratings for longevity and sillage, I can literally smell this whole day on me, and I have about 40 fragrances and I know what is weak and what is strong perfume. This one is definitely not the weak one, at least on my skin. The most natural and fresh fragrance I own, I just adore it! :)

Cassiano
Cassiano

The perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena uses travels as inspiration, a state of mind. You can see this in several fragrances from the brand.

In this fragrance, there's something located between peace and freedom, represented in the ad campaign by the encounter between the White Dove and the wild horse, which runs through several landscapes. Some say the bottle was inspired by a pocket magnifying glass, with its container in aluminium, but I own another perception, because I can only see the modernity of USB flash drives that are sold in this same style. The high-tech side speaks louder this time, though both are portable and made to carry on trips. Mere coincidence.

It counts on citrus (amalfi lemon) and spicy notes (ginger, cardamom and coriander), in the output; Green notes, Hedione (chemical compound that has floral nuances) and tea in the heart; Woody and musky notes, reinforced by the presence of Iso E Super (chemical molecule that has nuances of cedar, vetiver, crystalline and slightly ambery aroma) in the base.
It's another unisex fragrance and the results demonstrate diverse experiences, mainly, on the skin of women. On my skin, it has a great citrus output, which only grows to a more synthetic aroma with soapy aspect. I've seen many comparisons with Déclaration, by Cartier, but I don't agree, because the outcome of both, at least on me, it is not similar. In my perception, it remembers more the elegant and simple style of Bvlgari Pour Homme.

It has a very poor sillage, but it lasts forever. I can see this fragrance as a wildcard for the warmer weather because it can be worn without fear and in several occasions.

gio
gio

Bomb of freshness and elegance,so clean and earthy,you can smell every note alone....

yvashche
yvashche

It's the only fragrance that actually make me want to throw up. Could not wash it off fast enough.

I'm a little frustrated that there's fragrances I thought I'd posted reviews for, then when I check turns out I haven't! Nevermind.
Nothing to dislike here. Voyage D'Hermes is a classy scent a woody, musk, spiced citrus, reminiscent of Cartier Declaration with prominent cardamom and fresh citrus. I wouldn't have thought it to be everyone's cup of tea, but with the relative popularity of scents like Dior Homme sport lemon & spice is a popular combo. I'm a real spice fan and as such enjoy this fragrance. I don't think it's as intrusive as the Cartier and slightly more wearable.The verdict then? It doesn't inspire me but I'd wear it.
Great for spring and summer, Hermes deliver yet again.

acc
acc

Great unisex fragrance which is slightly on the masculine side.
The juice is not synthetic nor chemical smelling, gives very great feeling of freshness and naturality.
This is a high class and easily wearable fragrance to all occasions. I would rate it 10/10 since there is nothing i would like to change about the fragrance. Very recommended for those that would like to have a high class scent that is easy on the nose yet projects good.

magrathea17
magrathea17

really sharp from the beginning, too masculine for me even though I was looking for something unisex...EdT gone on my skin within 3 hours, thus I consider it overpriced. what I really adore about it is the amazing bottle but it´s quite not a reason to purchase

CDGfan

I find it hard for a women to wear this primarily because the citrus and bitter cardamom notes give it a very masculine feel.

The fragrance takes me to Tea Plantations of Assam, spicy, rooty and wet.
Also reminds me of a garden after monsoon rains.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I wish they'd be more specific than 'spices' because I seem to get a distinct amount of nutmeg from this as well as green cardamom. It reminds me of Cacharel's lovely 'Pour Homme' with it's oily lemon nutmeg - but the slight aftershave feel doesn't put me off at all since I used to wear Cacharel sometimes.

Jean Claude Elena's ubiquitous sour grapefruit note is not very appealing to me. So the fact that amalfi lemon is substituted for grapefruit here makes this immediately more appealing.

aditya123
aditya123

The cardamom is exquisite.
The Best Cardamom fragrance

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

I received a small tester and I actually thought this was a mens fragrance! And I think that isn't that strange because a guy can pull this off very easily. All with all this may seem a simple fragrance but it isn't at all. It smells really natural and fresh which would be perfect suitable for every occasion. I'm not thinking about getting a full bottle but it's a pleasant surprise.

patxaran
patxaran

@Yohji: "Sagittarius people association". Well here is one to confirm your theory...
I happen to have both small quantities of Voyage EDT and EDP. One day I tested them on either arms to compare which side I might like better. Very difficult! In a nutshell, they are definitely related but still different enough. EDT comes across way more citrussy than the EDP, in one word Gin & Tonic! I do not fully agree with people saying longevity is poor, however I cannot say whether the EDT or EDP lasts longer, they just carry a different feel for me. In fact, the EDT seems to have one particular component that really seems to make it cling to my skin like there is no tomorrow, could be the famous Iso E. I love both the EDT and EDP - perhaps the EDT is even more refreshing in summer so you could reserve the EDP for winter. EDP turns into a much more warm and ambery skin scent.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Well, this is pretty incredible.
Unique. A very first fragrance that made me think that I would LOVE to smell it on a man. It's spicy and clean, that Hermes cologne note is present.

The only scent that makes me think of Wes Anderson's movies, ('Darjeeling Limited', the opening scene in Paris), expensive (yet simple and organised) travel, and extravagant, 'member's club only' lifestyle that most of us are unlikely to have.
A very good selling point. The bottle is a work of art.

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

I love this fragrance! It smells so interesting, aromatic, spicy and cool! Just like a forest in the winter! One of the best unisex fragrances! Contragulations Hermes!

Ditta70
Ditta70

I'm just the opposite of scott6459, I love the opening of this fragrance above everything else about it. I adore the first moments of crisp cardamom an citrus and the dry feel of woods and tea at the back of my throat, mixed with the "almost sweetness" of the musk and hint of florals. I love this characteritic brush-stroke of Ellena: the "almost-sweetness" I detected in his other creations like L'Eau d'Hiver and Un Jardin Mediterranee (among others)...they seem to go towards sweetness with determined steps, just to stop before really getting there, I love the tension that this effect creates! I do enjoy this scent a lot, but I think I would enjoy it more on my husband than on myself. Bravo, Monsieur Ellena, once again!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

ROUGH TO SMOOTH VOYAGE

Opening was a harsh spicy lemon - definitely not my favorite fragrance combo.

Over time (quite a bit of time), it softened and allowed for some nice refined notes.

If I could just skip the opening and first hour - I'd be on board.

Catty
Catty

I discovered this gem today, when I opened the door of a workmate´s Office room and this beautiful perfume came to me.

This wonderful scent is in my Memory the whole day.

Sooo beautiful, distinctive, expensive, modern, simply PERFECT!

This combination of Woods, musk, leather has a fresh touch of green tea that makes this scent wearable from morning to the evening, in the Office and in a Party.

My next purchase for sure!!

Looovvveeeee...

jmcs1984
jmcs1984

Perfect mix, natural, warm, sensual, different

jhitt793
jhitt793

A spicy citrus opening, with mellow lemon and heavy dose of musky cardamom. There are other spices here too (pink pepper and thyme maybe?) which are blended together as one accord. There is a very subtle velvety rose to the dry down (imagine a lemon yellow rose), with warm woods (cedar?) resonating. Eventually becomes powdery and amber-like over time. This is a very warm, uplifting scent. I have noticed numerous reviews indicating best use of this scent for summer, perhaps due to the brightness of the opening Amalfi lemon. In contrast, the overall impression I received was one of an autumnal sunset. (43)

hansito
hansito

When I got this fragrance I was expecting something a little sweeter but it is very earthy, so I mixxed with D&G 10 La Roue De La fortune and BOOMMMM, stays in my skin forever and now has a touch of sweetness. love it that way!
Voyage fades away very fast by itself.

luvlyjoyce
luvlyjoyce

Totally out of the box I am addicted to this smell. At first impression: herbal, spicy, lemony fresh, courageous, freedom, it smells natural, one of the most natural perfume I ever smelled reminds me of Aveda hair products but with more complexity. When the middle note sets in, I smell bittersweet ginger, comforting and powdery. I love that is it unisex, can totally be the perfume for a couple into each other, adopting this scent like their love. Unisex perfumery is an oxymoron, masculine and feminine. Both sex wearing it should be the active type close to nature, outdoorsy, I don't see coach potatoes wearing this. On a man I see a natural, smart, hipster, surfer type with a quiet personality, patient and kind to women with a soft side, yet confident of his masculinity, I also see it on a homosexual with an artsy side. If your macho skip this. I like the smell on a man mixed with its natural strong manly odours it accentuates/balance with his masculinity instead of overpowering it like boring musky man perfumes. On a women I smell confidence, sporty, none girly, wanting to stand out among other women,who got sick of floral and fruity scent wanting to be a new person, wanting to shock instead to attract(with common vanilla or sweet scents),and try different things maybe after a breakup and wanting to explore the world full of danger, therefore Voyager?

MsDana
MsDana

This is a perfect summer scent for men, Fresh but not too sweet, I do not like it for myself or on other women, I definitely like this on guys only.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Suppose you are a big scent fan. Suppose you can't go without wearing something no matter the situation. Suppose you broke your leg in three different parts and MUST go to hopsital. what would you wear then? I would wear Voyage d'Hermes, any Prada, but in special Luna Rossa, Cartier Roadster, and there are other choices when you are going to hospital mend your broken leg.

For some time now I've been thinking Scent is the new Wine. So, when are we going to pay more attention to what we wear and when and how we do that? You know, white wine is good with fish.

Ah, others will notice you for sure.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

When purchasing I didn't know that this was a unisex fragrance..I was going off reactions and reviews others had..and I'm learning to NEVER make my choices off others hah..this is EXTREMELY feminine..I could pull it off but goodness..my immediate thoughts went to my Mother and possibly giving it to my 10 and 11 year old Daughters..the catch is.......I'm CONFIDENT women will love it on me since it really carries no masculinity but I do as a man hah..I'm 5'11" 205lb and in NFL shape..I'm going to try this for a week on the beach and at some lounges and see how the ladies respond..however I believe ALL of Issey Myiaki will give the same metro sexual vibe but not be straight feminine..this should ONLY be classified as a woman's fragrance.

GMK
GMK

Ellena is definitely a Master Perfumer but this time he has probably missed to give his best. Voyage is an Ok fragrance imo , rather its a ruined version of Classic Cartier Declaration which i really like.

Good Luck next time.

6.5/10

jamjazz
jamjazz

Very easy fragrance to wear, not provoking, no offense, no overwealming layers, which comes handy in summertime. I appreciate it a lot, but it is only suitable in hot season, for winter it becomes a bit too simple for my taste. All noble and refined still of course.

Bornthisfashion
Bornthisfashion

I love this perfume, is something exceptional. It is one of my favorite men's fragrances. Its smell reminds me of good memories, like the summer, freshness, dreams, life.

hermes186
hermes186

I bought this in haste thinking it would be as good as Terre d'Hermes. It's nowhere near as good. Very generic and a bit over the top. I finshed the bottle quickly and was glad to see it empty. It would be the first and last time. Better stick to Terre.

Mr. TomFordHermessence
Mr. TomFordHermessence

If you can find a 3.3oz/100ml real bottle for around $60-$70 then it's highly worth it. Overall, the sillage on skin (0-10) is about 5.5, longevity on skin (0-10) is about 6, and projection on skin (0-10) is about 6.5. On the flipside, if a man or woman wore this but spraying undergarments like tanktop or bra with 4-sprays and 2-sprays behind each ear; WATCH OUT!!! Everyone will love crossing paths with you cause it's that darn amazing.

Clean scent with a powdery citrus, some spices, and a light-woodsy accord, hardly any floral at all, but if you sniff around long enough a person can sense a ginger note (maybe) although its not listed.

As far as people stating synthetics like comments regarding Hermes-Voyage eau de toilette; For the record, I own creed, cartiers, real aged oud attars, tom ford private blends collections, and few other worthy scents... Not by a long shot is this a terrible fragrance. Im actually on my 2nd bottle in 2yrs and its enjoyable.

Remember its all depending on the method of application. Highly concentrated HARSH-CHEMICAL scents will last longer on the skin and no telling whatever else its doing too. Hermes is not a seller of harsh-chemicals and therefore expect to apply this on undegarments such as tank-tops and bras for longer wear. In addition, fragrances react different depending on weather (cold-cool-warm-hot) and body temperture.

*hope thats not too long! :)

zorans
zorans

Voyage d`hermes is a woody fragrance with fresh and citrus-fruity overtones.It is a simple,subtle and very well composed fragrance.

Main top note consists of angelica leaves and citruses, the middle is juniperberry, and the base notes are mix of cedarwood, sandalwood and white musk.

The most prominent note in Voyage d`hermes is Juniperberry, althought nobody mentioned it.It is real smell of juniperberry.Very natural,I can claim this because I had a lot of opporunities to memorize this smell as i was picking juniperberries from the nature almost every summer.I know the nature very well as it is part of my life.I live near mountain and often go picking different kind of herbs.Voyage d`hermes is nature in a bottle fragrance.When I smell it, remaind me of the smell in the morning when a go trought junipers to pick the juniperberries.

Slightly wet herbs,slightly earty,the smell of juniperberries and the smell of juniper nidels and the air in the morning sun.And, just add water when you are thirsty and that is Voyage d`hermes.

This fragrance for me is pretty original on it`s own.It doesn`t last long,the same as the moment in nature doesn`t last long.It is meant to energise you and resfresh your sences, it is not a sillage monster to go clubbing.Voyage d`hermes is to enjoy the nature.To have part of nature always with you.To love the life.

I highly recomend Voyage d`hermes to those people with deeper soul and introspection, who often find the joy in small things and moments in life.

crunkabortion
crunkabortion

I don't know where that note breakdown comes from, because that's not what I get out of this at all. Basically it's a two-stage frag for me. Up top, I get a bunch of aquatic notes (calone). Pretty decent quality, but nothing amazing. Underneath that, vetiver. Haitian, I think. It's a high quality vetiver, but when you drown it in calone it comes out smelling like Encre Noir Sport.

Not a fan.

Voyage d'Hermes is a weird scent for me. It's not my usual ultra-feminine floral type, but it's very interesting and somehow comforting.
It's true as said before that it really reminds of Cartier Declaration or Eau de Cartier or some Hermes fragrances.
They all have something in common with a citrus-aromatic opening as if lemon and herbs wear crushed together, then spices like cinnamon or cloves but quite diluted, not too much East-type then a woody base with lovely ambery tones or should I say synthetical ambery notes, only slightly powdery with an allure of woody fabric conditioner, it screams: "I'm coming out of the shower, worn a cashmere pull and a pair of black jeans and ready for you baby, but with class"
All in all is a very classical scheme for a perfume but with an eye blink to modernity and acceptability.
It's a kind of smell that has become kind of an acquired taste around and a safe smell, half warm half clean, cosy but not sexual and trans-gender.
Worn by a woman it gives some warmth without being too frilly or too femme-clichè.
Worn by a man is a style of non-aggressive rather intellectual man.

dasa
dasa

I dont get any cardamom from edt. Neither do my girlfriend, who also tried it. This starts out citrusy and woodsy. I was honestly hoping I would get more from this one, especially in the drydown. If you are a man, go for Cartier Declaration.

With such beautiful notes, I expected something a lot better. This is another watery, bland Hermes perfume, like Jardin Sur le Nil, another perfume with beautiful notes, but turns out very bland and watery. This EdT mostly smells like citrus. I smell cardamom only for the first few seconds, and I certainly don't get any impression that there is tea here. This smells similar to many other citrus/fresh perfumes and is pretty unremarkable. For cardamom and tea notes, there are many other wonderful options like Jacomo #8 and Malabah.

temporal
temporal

I love the androgenic nature of Voyage d`Hermes. This atmospheric fragrance suits both official and unofficial occasions, but still has its own cheerful character. It's relaxed yet energetic. It brings associations with a sunny pine forest by a waterfall.

It was quite difficult to choose between EDT and EDP. In EDT crispy atmospheric opening notes are long lasting, while EDP turns into cozy woody warmth within an hour. Both are inspiring and lively, but EDT is more energetic.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

I don't think Ellena has to work on longevity, Elixir des Marveilles is really long lasting. He is a great creator of subtle, delicate, exquisite scents. Many times that I was wearing Un jardin Mediterranee or Kelly Caleche, people ask what's that perfume so great and delicate. I love that!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Take a Voyage with Hermes! It goes on bright and citrusy like the cheerful start of a vacation but then almost entirely disappears a couple of hours later - like your excitement when you've discovered the Carnival cruise ship you've booked passage upon developed power and waste disposal problems.

Voyage comes in a clever swivel travel bottle that you can throw into your luggage for the TSA employee to steal during his inspection. (I lost a point and shoot camera that way once.)

A nice fragrance, but, really, Jean-Claude Ellena, the perfumer for Hermes, needs to work on longevity. This juice is like their d'Orange Verte - a great, light, citrus scent but gone in no time at all. For the price point, this represents bad value for the dollar.

Second wearing: Here's how to make it last - don't spray it on your skin, spray it on your cotton shirt. I put it on at 6:15 AM this morning and I can still smell it at 3:15 PM.

pbluberry
pbluberry

This is very nice and very casual scent. The sillage is not very good but it's ok when you wear scent for yourself sometimes. It's spicy and fresh clean at the same time. I like this better than Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, and Un Jardin Apres la Mousson. This is not as overwhelming and you can spray and spray and spray without feeling like you over did it. Sheer perfection!!

Lom
Lom

I really like the smell of this perfume, it's very sexy for men, seductive and at the same time reassuring - although it is not complex and doesn't change over time. The main problem with this fragrance is that it disappears after 5 minutes completely. people around me could not smell it on my skin. I had to go back to the store were I bought it and they were very friendly and allowed me to replace it. If you like the smell opt for the eau de parfum, which also has a weak silage but at least has a much better longevity.

The moment I donned Hermès VOYAGE D'HERMES, I was reminded of BVLGARI POUR HOMME, which I recently reviewed. They are both light and clean and tea-like, and quite pleasant, if not very thrilling. There's not a lot to say, to be honest, because the blend is quite subtle. To some, subtlety equates to boredom, but not to me. Sometimes I like a low-key, light but friendly scent such as this.

BVLGARI POUR HOMME and VOYAGE seem to use the exact same clean musky base, and it dominates both perfumes. The big difference to my nose is that VOYAGE offers the lightest dusting of cardamom, which is one of my favorite notes, so of course I like this composition better than BVLGARI POUR HOMME for that reason alone.

I have been curious about this creation since its launch but never had the opportunity to test it until today--I must have had "other priorities" during previous visits to Sephora, which is where I obtained this sample.

I would definitely consider adding a bottle of VOYAGE to my collection, and I admit to being swayed in that direction by the bottle itself, despite the fact that I probably don't need any more "twenty-first-century open-office-ready" scents. That won't prevent me from picking it up on sale at some point.

alexsagun17
alexsagun17

i really like this perfume. fresh,the power of smell is long lasting. and feel like a boss every time you wear it.

valerie.barbin.5
valerie.barbin.5

I first smelled it on my father in law! The lavender was what captivated me. I had my boyfriend try it on and made him buy it at the duty free on our way home from Paris. Love this soft smell, that is not aggressive. I wish it would hold longer than 3 hours. I think I might try it on myself as it seems to be a unisexe perfume.

dark fragrance
dark fragrance

the loveliest fragrance of my wardrobe.. just love the way it changes the notes and keeps you busy judging it all the day..

cr9578
cr9578

Fresh and sophisticated unisex scent. Love it! My husband and I both use it. Warm Summer days on the Mediterranean.

Radiation
Radiation

Something very very synthetic about this scent. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it smells like cheap soap you'd use to disinfect your counter tops. The dry down is pretty much the same as the initial spray, but less synthetic.

Here are the notes I get: lemon grass, amber, sandalwood. No tea, no green notes, no spice, or most of the other notes claimed to be here.

Sorry, but this gets a big thumbs down from me despite it's attempt to be unoffensive and easy to wear.

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

I am a woman but I just ordered some of this on Ebay after obtaining a lovely sample at Sephora. Sephora had it as a "Unisex" scent and I agree. I like the fresh ginger and cardamom top note, pleasant, fresh, aromatic and energizing. I can't wait to wear this all day--may need re-applying to maintain the freshness, but is elegant and discreet enough to wear to work (office job).

Espi
Espi

A voyage to India
When reading reviews on Voyage d'Hermès it surprised me, how few people commented on the prominent cardamom note, which to my nose, overpowered all other notes.
I may confuse other notes with cardamom, but when referring to Voyage d'Hermès in the future, it will always remain 'that cardamom fragrance'.
The woodsy notes come up much later. Quite surprisingly, the tea note finally becomes dominant in the drydown! Quite the interesting chameleonic scent.
Too bad today is a cold Jnauary day, while this supposedly is a terrific one for a sweltering hot summer day. I won't have that option again as it will be sent out to another young parfumista, who would love to test it.
I may try to get hold onto another sample of this, as I'm a fan of tea fragrances: Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden has long been a signature scent.

Aredore
Aredore

This is my first time reviewing and testing an Hermes fragrance. The quality of the ingredients really shows. This smells fabulously realistic, like a Mediterranean piazza on a mid-spring morning. There are clear notes of bergamot/citrus, coriander, lavender, and resins. It's really gorgeous and a smart, fresh floral for a man.

It bring to mind clear image of a man reading a newspaper on a street cafe in Milan. He is dressed sharply in a white pinstripe suit and two tone shoes with metal tips. Ice clinks in his glass as the gin and citrus cocktail, ribboned in yellow, green and orange fruit peels, slowly melts.

lassie172
lassie172

all i can smell was pepper :(

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 4/10
Projection: 5/10
Versatility: 9/10
Compliments: 9/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Try
Rating (0-10): 8

Note: Everything you want in a summer fragrance (if you can stand iso-e) , except for longevity and price tag.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

Peki kalıcılığı iyimidir abi ?

is the longevity ok?

hernie

Muy pocas casas perfumistas me parecen más sofisticadas y exolusivas que Hermés. Por eso me resulta imperdonable que en este caso no hayan tenido en cuenta la fijación de este perfume exquisito que se evapora como agua de las manos. Lamento haber gastado tanto dinero para esto. NO lo recomiendo

ColubineCola
ColubineCola

Very rooty and earthy. I like it quite a lot. Dark and natural.

babel
babel

I tried this from a friend's bottle. As I usually do before deciding on unloading a ton of money for a folly, I sprayed it on a piece of cardstock. On Sunday. At first I got a very sharp scent of pepper. Very sharp. Almost repulsive. Lots of pepper. And something else. Something making it it positively eatable. (Hey! You want that - once in a while...) Not sugary - por favor, - not sweet but pungent and sharp. Cardamon husk (the green part) but not the seed. And nothing, at all, not a whiff, not a faint scent, not a thought, of anything citrus. Nor flower. Any. Green, but not green tea.

Monday. It started settling. Still sharp, still very peppery, but a lot more inviting.

Tuesday. - almost 60 hours after spraying -. This perfume is just the gift that keeps on giving! The dry-down is so much more than the top notes. Now I smell AND taste the clove. Clove! Like some very small dark brown spicy candy we used to eat in the 1960's and 1970's to mask the smell of illicitly puffed cigarettes. And a faint chocolate smell. Now it is po-si-ti-vely eatable. Like chocolate filled with liqueur.

My next step is to try it on... If it lasts, its a 'must have'....

Sarahjk

I loved Voyage at first spray but sadly it disappears within minutes on me. A fresh burst of citrus and light flowers but fades so,so fast to a faint hint of faint woody cedar...and then, poof, it's gone.
I won't get it again for that reason sadly- oh and the bottle design is pretty annoying...

CDGfan

I love this, it honestly smells EXACTLY like Indian tea boiling, with the the green cardamom at the forefront,which is the centerpiece of not only Indian tea but also Voyage D'Hermes, an ode to Cardamom and spices with a refreshing twist. There are some similarites with this and Apres les Mouson. Where as Apres Les Mouson is all about the wet forests of Southern India, Voyage D'Hermes conujures up images of Tea Plantations in Assam
at dawn.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

LOVE IT! I'VE JUST TRIED IT! REALLY INCREDIBLE! VERY GOOD, VERY LIGHT AND VERY CLEAN SCENT! IT'S CITRUSSY NATURE MAKES IT GOOD FOR SUMMER DAYS WHILE IT'S SPICES AND WOODY NOTES GOES WELL FOR WINTER AND FALL NIGHTS! THE MUSK INSURES THE PERFECTION OF THE OLFACTORY PALETTE AS IT GOES REALLY WELL WITH WOODS AND SPICES!

(THE START REMINDS ME A LOT OF TERRE D'HERMES ALTHOUGH THE FINISH IS MILES APPART! INTRESTING!)

Marjolein18
Marjolein18

This fragrance made mr. jean Claude Ellena just for me ;-) The first time I smelled this perfume I fell in love with it. Thank you for making such a excellent fragrance. Ok, this is what I like about it...it's a bit of mystery mixed with fresh citrus and a touch of musk. Also like the fact that it's unisex. Too feminine doesn't fit me. I love it.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Starts with warm juniper/cardamom aroma – and I find myself in a wood paneled room of an estate house: somewhere where traditions and memory od generations are almost tangible. That’s a very deep scent, no hint of sweetness in it, bit no sharpness and sourness. Comforting, but not relaxing, that is I want to go out and explore the world rather than lie under the blanket with a book. The best weather for this scent would be foggy fall or cool summer. I wear this interchangeably with Angeliques Sous La Pluie by Frederic Malle, only Angeliques… is really great when it’s raining, Voyage when it’s dry.
Also I can't complain about the staying power - 5 hours is more than enough for me.

hernie

Lovely but it only last 20 minutes on my skin. Such a pity for so expensive frag

Spido
Spido

Good, but gone after 15 min...

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

This is a typical Ellena creation. Light, simpel and transparant, yet refined and elegant. I`m not a fan of the first 30 minutes. The green citrus notes reminds me of Gin & Tonic. After 30 minutes the fragrance gets woodier, and the musc and soft spicy notes are more prominent. This is the best part. Voyage d Hermes is a light and fresh scent for all occasions, yet it`s very refined. Great as a signature fragrance. Thumbs up from me!

(I`m very cuorious if the edp version is very different!)

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

it is only citrus, nothing special. not at all woody floral musk .

segiofreitas
segiofreitas

Not original at all.... seams like Ferragamo Homme...
away from the house master pieces, such Belami and Parfum d'Hermes...

stromboli77
stromboli77

Gives new meaning to the word fresh. I have not smelled such a delicious blend of fresh sophistication in only a way Jean Claude Ellena could come up with. The opening is a lemony grapefruit citrus blast that smooths its way to a spicy warm woody base. A very clean scent that may come across as to "safe" for some but I absolutely love it. Extremely versatile as well. In the words of Katie Puckrik...."smooooooooooth". The EDP is great too. EDT works well for the day. EDP I would probably use on a cooler summer night. Two thumbs WAY UP!

xabaras
xabaras

Voyage is lovely, fresh and delicate, but longlasting. Its citrus and spicy opening is mouthwatering, and as it develops it leaves on the skin this elegant note of green and woods. Just before fading away it makes me think of incense despite the fact incense is not listed in the composing notes. I love it, I think it is a perfect fragrance for spring and summer. It makes me feel elegant and fresh, but in a different way.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

Great fragrance, longevity is good (not great) and the scent is perfect for summer. I love the subtle but clear spices, and the citrus notes are lovely. It is perfectly blended and sets great on the skin. I've used it for most of the spring. It's a great casual fragrance and is perfect for a night out with friends, or for a spring/summer day with your significant other. I personally prefer this EDT to the Parfum. Definitely try this one out, I'm confident you will enjoy it's casual, but satisfying scent!

katemcq
katemcq

The description led me to have high hopes but this just doesn't work. The components don't blend and there's an overall antiseptic quality. Maybe it's better on other people.

AntonyMcCracken
AntonyMcCracken

I find Voyage d´hermès is an amazing fragrance. Don´t make the mistake to judge it by the first impression. On the skin it is something completely different. I get very much out of it. Unlike with many other fragrances, I can´t say what ingredient I smell, it animates my imagination. I always can smell a horse rug, or like the back of a horse smells after some activity ( really great). Then I can smell grassland, with some herbs and sweet flowers ( very discreet ) and hay. But everything is very smooth, subtle and I only get a hint of it ( except for the horse rug). Projection is really good, but lasts not so long ( about 2-3 hours). Longevity is good on skin (4-6 hours) but great in clothes ( days). But the best thing is, that the smell does not change at all with the time, it just stays as good as in the beginning, until it is gone.

blacknose
blacknose

Simple~ i just love it

I agree with those who think it's a bit "synthetic" and contains too much iso e super. It strikes me as the kind of fragrance a person who thinks he or she is an aficionado would like, mainly due to the perfumer as well as a lack of experience with the great vintage fragrances. I simply don't understand the appeal of these kinds of fragrances, and would rather not wear fragrances than spray this one on and have to deal with the fumes that are generated.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Nothing special. Your run of the mill neo-citrus scent packed with gobs of empty Iso E. Not a fan. Much like TDH, but even more of a dud.

tinysikk
tinysikk

man scent, the fragrance of desire...

dkny27
dkny27

Unbelievably light in the most complimentary way. Starts off with a squeeze of lemon and warms into a smooth blend of lightly spiced wood with a touch of sweet. I sprayed some on and caught a sniff and had to commit, it's a daytime scent that pleases.

Chimp
Chimp

Voyage d'Hermes is a very elegant and irresistible fragrance in it's subtlety. It starts with a great spicy citrus fragrance and at the drydown you get a very light woody musky scent refined by a touch of tea. The longevity of the EDP is great.

kalios55
kalios55

Voyage d`Hermes

Starts out masculine with warm spicy citrus.
Once the scent is settled, on my skin, I smell a mixture of 3/4 Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and 1/4 Un Jardin Apres la Mousson.

The masculinity is femininized later by romantic florals. The spice fades, a green note matures. The citrus lingers .. very fresh, clean .. becomes powdery in the end during the dry down.

Voyage d`Hermes has low projectivity although--like other Hermes perfumes--never fails to last.

Soft citrus, gentle fresh spice, and light vegetal floral. Voyage d`Hermes .. is charming indeed.

Now I must confess that I am to choose between Voyage d`Hermes and Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. You can probably tell .. I am torn .

(。◕‿◕。)

My apologies Voyage .. I decided to shack up with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil ..

jodsan
jodsan

I'm waiting for the EDp concentration. The EDT has a good smelling but doesn't last to long. I expect that the EDP solves this longevity problem of the original one

dito

Great news! Finally Hermes will launch Voyage d'hermes in EDP concentration on 1 February! Amazing:)

leaudecoco
leaudecoco

Love it Love it!
Even though it took time for me to get used to it (it was a long way) - but worth it..
It's a sophisticated perfume (characteristic to Hermes). It reminds me of pine, citrus, spices & green tea.
I wish if it only stayed on longer.

cyber861
cyber861

خیلی کاره خوب و با کلاسی هست.کاملا وقار و شکوه رو نشون میده.
ملایم
خوشبو

موندگاری اصلا نداره متاسفانه

I.I
I.I

Voyage is really one of the best quality perfumes I have ever smelled. I smell nothing remotely artificial on it, on the contrary, it is very very natural, IMHO.
It's a classy, elegant, refined but thick and full and rich perfume.
I wouldn't have known this fragrance if a dear member here (Montezuma) wouldn't have sent me a sample of it.
I fel in love with it the first moment I smelled it!
I don't like cardamom very much but this perfume is one of my most favorite, I LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

I know many people find it more masculine but I just fail to see it this way! And I am a woman-ish, classical woman who wears mostly flowery scents and dresses instead of trousers.
Then, I guess, it's probably a matter of skin chemistry.

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

Voyage is an artificial smelling capsicum and synthetic musk blend that lasts forever if you spray it on clothes.

Personally I hate it, but if you are a lover of bell pepper type scents or the idea of pepper meets clean (synthetic musk) sounds like your ticket, you may want to give it a try. It does smell nice on first whiff.

Voyage reminds me of its sister Eau de Gentiane Blanche, which also smells nice, which I also dislike. Perhaps like Gentiane Blanche, Voyage would smell nice on someone else, in passing.

The bottle design is distinctly pointless bordering on annoying.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

First off, the bottle does nothing for me. Just plain awkward/ gimmicky (IMO).

Second off, I love Hermes. 24 Faubourg, Terre and Eau des Merveilles (amongst others) are high up on my list of faves.

That being said, I'm torn here. I'm liking it but I not loving it.

Really nice day wear (good for the office/ outdoors), and best for the warmer climate months.

Appealing opening with the Amalfi lemon (love)reeling you in. The green springs and lays the ground work. The base notes of musk and wood give it some heft.

Yes, similar to Terre (coincidence?!?) but lacking its depth and class.

Sillage is descent but it doesn't go the distance in length.

Unisex, but borders more homme then femme.

Welt
Welt

Good fragrance but overpriced:
Bottle: 5/10 (could be better)
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 8/10
scent: 10/10 (it reminds me Declaration Cartier)

obraz
obraz

Amazing and absolutely mine! I've got a 2ml tester and this is 2ml of happiness!
I smell the citruses (lemon) in the beginning, which accompanies woodsy pine notes (it reminds me of cedar, juniper & cypress). And in the end these woodsy-citrus accords join with soft, warm & delicate sweet floral notes.
In cold weather I feel more citruses, but when it's warm - Voyage makes me feel bliss: sensual woodsy & floral notes rule the roast.
The tester I had isn't stable, but may be it because this is tester, & may be I put too little.

dito

Finally I bought this one. Yeah, it's not sillage or projection monster and doesn't have an impressive longevity, but, God, the smell is to die for! This scent is pure aromatherapy, very relaxing and soothing. It feels like going through coniferous wood. Smell of happiness!

Duda
Duda

OMG it's soooooo good!!!!!

darlingalchemist
darlingalchemist

I tested this perfume today. It has hints of Eau de Mervilles, which I love. I just bought EDM the other day after wanting it for a month. Voyage is spicy and citrusy like EDM. However, on me it has better sillage and longevity on me. I ended up trying Voyage today because I went back to the store to see if they had EDM lotion so that I can layer that scent. I tested Voyage, went for a run in the hot sun, took a shower and I can still smell it over 3 hours later. So I was surprised to hear people say that it does not have longevity. I wish my EDM had this kind of longevity, because by far it is the best scent.

Voyage is peppery, citrus and sensual. Again, very much like EDM.

Just goes to show that different scents react differently on with individual body chemisty.

I will agree with other reviews that it is a bit too pricey considering the lack of originality.

fraxxxi
fraxxxi

It gives me the sense of light and plain air in springtime..I love the green notes

id
id

Nice bright cardamom and citrus smell. Spices and woods are silent on my skin. And it doesn't last (at least as other Hermes fragrances) . I agree with other reviews for the lack of originality.

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

dito;
i suggest you olfactive still life.there is no huge pepery tone.but smooth and very rich.it has great longlivity and sillage.

alabangcute
alabangcute

It really is just a copycat of Cartier's Declaration.

dito

Hi, i really enjoy voyage d'hermes but i don't like its poor longevity. So could you guys suggest me something similar to voyage with better longevity? Thanks;)

LadyNatalie
LadyNatalie

Beautiful! Love it, so fresh, yet woody! wonderful! Guys wear this, this smells so good, the ladys will love this!

LaPetite
LaPetite

Very fresh , citrusy scent , eau de Cologne like , nice summer frag , lacks originality however .

Henriette
Henriette

This scent has nothing of what Hermés should give to its high class clientele: it's not original, not long lasting, not special in any way. It does not have anything new, anything to be innovative, anything close to the other items from this brand, perfumes included. Hermés missed a great opportunity. Or they are aiming to a cheaper company vision.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Voyage d'Hermes is (on my skin) a one-note cardamon scent shaken into a glass of some watered-down lemonade. I get the salad note that Grottola spoke of, but someone perhaps knocked a spice rack into said salad. Not a particularly fantastic Voyage, and surprisingly flat for an Hermes.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

I am addicted to this perfume and I am a woman. On me it's a light, fresh, spicy, exotic, yet well balanced and sophisticated eastern treat... I love cardamom done right! Definitely East meets West in a romantic and dreamy kind of way... reminds me of a very delicate, high end Indian Masala chai--in a warm, comforting, seductively spicy way.

Grottola
Grottola

I like Ellena, and I love Hermes. I don't like Voyage. Why? Well, for one, I find it too damn synthetic. It has that same "salad" citrus accord that Sur le Toit has, and I find it to be a chemical, lifeless type of citrus that's popping up in more and more fragrances these days. Another problem is that there's a strange "wet dog" note in the top (probably caraway) that kinda puts it off for me. Eventually, within half an hour or so, these two problem notes settle down to a nice woody tea note ala Bulgari Pour Homme, but by then the fragrance is pretty weak.

Sorry, everyone. I really do love Hermes, but I'll have to pass on this offering. That being said, I look forward to future Hermes creations. You may very well enjoy this one!

natefifield
natefifield

With Voyage, Jean Claude Ellena creates a more populist, marketable perfume. More complex than his usual compositions, with woods, musks, and aquatic citrus, it has a lot in common with popular aquatic colognes for men.

But the balance of Voyage is more refined than other more popular brands. It is not cloying or overpowering like so many others. Somehow, even in this very commercial scent, Ellena's signature is there: purity, clarity, and the inspiration of nature.

The marketing team recognized that they could capitalize on the elegant masculinity of this perfume, hence the craftsmanship of the equestrian-inspired bottle, and the sense of adventure inherent in the name.

If you like the aesthetic of Armani, Ralph Lauren, Azzaro, Boss, etc., Voyage d'Hermes takes it to a higher level of refinement and good taste.

sehaman
sehaman

As a woman, I love to wear this scent as it gives me a more sophisticated, daytime, summer scent. I love to wear it on a busy day at work when I need to look and feel professional.

I agree with the below comments about how beautiful the bottle design is...but I kinda HATE the bottle - I have the 100mL and it is too big for my hands. It is a real effort to spritz it.

Unisex scent - Man bottle

Louvenia
Louvenia

What a pleasant surprise from Hermes!An airy,musky,woody,slightly spicy unisex fragrance!Starts citrusy with a hint of lemon,then cardamom and spices.The drydown is so great,combines wood,musk and subtle spices.Voyage d'hermes is like sea and earth,fire and air.Full of contradictions!I detect a similarity to Cartier's Declaration but I do believe that the quality of Voyage is much better than Declaration's.It is very well blended,almsot perfect.Strongly recommended!Sur les ailes du parfum!

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

It's between burberry the beat and cartier declaration.
Nice cardamom spicy smell joined by citrus and woods,there is some sweetness from lemon ,like they used lime or some fruity note.
First time i tried it,it gave me cardamom and only cardamom ,weather was very warm then.
It's light,fresh,naturel with quality ingredients.
Can be worn by women but better for men IMO.

Edit:
Third test: there is something wrong with it,spices may give a strange smell.....i dont know!!

jae
jae

The 1st time I tried this, I was overwhelmed by the ginger. I was ready to write this one off as the 1st Hermes fragrance that I didn't like. But I know better than that. This time, everything was JUST right. It's crisp, fresh and airy - Hermes style. If Terre d`Hermes is the earth a la Hermes, then Voyage d`Hermes must be the air AND sea equivalent. Once the initial blast of ginger mellows, this is pure bliss until the end. The sillage is "come here and get seduced" and the longevity is pretty decent on my "I love Hermes" skin. Another winner from Hermes.

eid-althani
eid-althani

good but the longivety is bad horrible 30 min and its gone i would luv to see hermes realese a intense stron version of it

treenhe
treenhe

beautiful! just what i like in a scent...fresh but not sharp, interesting but not discordant, sweet but not sickly. smoothly blended so that no one note is fighting with another. if pushed i would say i find the lemon, tea, spices and musk to be most noticeable but even as i write that, the mixture of those sounds revolting. it really isn't...i implore you to try it. when i move, i almost get a sensation of prada's infusion d'iris but that sounds ridiculous as there are no common notes. maybe it's the woody subtle yet noticeable beauty of them both. real shame it is so expensive. am always up for a swap for this ;)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Adorable scent! A Jean Claude Ellena patern lol! A citruses floral musk wood scent, opens with lemon and a light touch of spices. After that, a heart with floral and green notes appears together, the tea note is evident, makes a wonderfull garden aroma! The drydown the musk-wood scent is present finalize this amazing fragrance.

Leyl
Leyl

Berat scent. Best fresh perfume i have ever used, classy in a very beatiful bottle. İ was looking for a fresh summer scent since very longtime and i have tried dozens,i finally found this one which suits my ecpectations. Unfortunately the longitivity is unsatisfying, you get nothing after 1 or 2 hours. But it still remains my happy classy summer perfume.

Tartangirl
Tartangirl

Opened a sample from an ad in ELLE today and just cannot stop putting my nose on my wrist to smell it. Very addictif ! Very fresh (ideal for the hot weather we are having at the moment in France).

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

very spicy , warm .. like cruise collection dior Masquae,,

Voyage it's probably not a groundbreaking release, but at least is a quite honest and well refined composition. While it's not particularly outstanding as a fragrance, it is surely outstanding among the latest compositions by CJ Ellenà as a gentle and very light spicy-woody-musky scent that's incredibly versatile. A lime and cardamom opening that's pretty enjoyable turning into a peppery-woody-musky drydown that's not particularly original but still well executed and comfortable.

Easy to wear, unpretentious and very minimal yet well refined. At least it doesn't make me run up the hill...a good fragrance to look for when you want to mingle with the crowd mantaining a bit of discreet elegance.

Downside: definitely overpriced.

Rating: 6.5/10

Belgianbear
Belgianbear

Hermes create here a very light and fresh scent ... about "longevity" seems the American customers prefer "heavy" scents !!!! Longevity of "VOYAGE" on me is +/- 6 hours !!! Don't forget "VOYAGE" is a fresh, rich and subtil fragance ... for sur it's not OPIUM or POISON !!!

Biliana
Biliana

I`ve been thinking so much whether to buy it or not... yes, I find it disappointing it`s unisex. The bottle is lovely but I am not sure about the fragrance itself yet. The very top for me is Kelly Caleche.

go-desssmile
go-desssmile

Reminds me of Frederic Malle, 'Angeliques Sous La Pluie'-also designed by Jean-Claude Ellena. Like pine trees and brisk temperatures. Imagine wearing it in winter with a turtle neck, all cozy. Would buy it if the scent lasted longer. Like the idea of re-fillable bottles, too.

svillatoro
svillatoro

Extremely light!!! Test it before you spend more than 100 dollars....

junglefun
junglefun

I like it, but its longevity is mediocre, and at times I get a strange note form it that I can't quite detect. Good scent, but not a buy for me. Test this a few times before purchasing.

bp
bp

***** - five stars

goofynose
goofynose

the top note is very nasty on my skin, even the saleslady agreed. But she described it as 'too sharp'. The longevity is also not good at all, especially compared to Hermes' latest perfume Un Jardin Sur Le Toit.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Though not listed, there is a Ginger note in this one that makes it really tough to bear to be honest. It smeeled great at Neiman's but at home, the first 20 minutes of this one are tough to deal with. Afterwards, its almost refreshing smelling. I have to say though that i sent this one back because the initial 15-20 mins of it were making me not so thrilled and causing me to select something else over it. If you dont mind the ginger, this fragrance is really unique and nice smelling.

sad to see it go. cant say its definitively eliminated from my collection however for right now, there are far more colonges that interest me.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

it's so delicate, elegant and ethereal.....but too expensive!!!!!!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

For me, the opening resembles of Cartier Declaration, but softer, and greener. But then a faint hint of Un Jardin Sur Le Nil comes up for a while, before the woodsy notes take over until the drydown. Nice, like it much!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Voyage d'Hermes jumps right in with both feet with a brightly spiced introduction. It's a lot like a freshly hacked trunk of a pine tree, or a combination of fresh cut galangal (like cedarish ginger) and crushed kaffir lime leaf = green, lively wood.

The astringency fades as the sweetness starts to surface. Simple, sweet bare naked lemony pine wood and nothing more. A little overrated but likeable all the same.

This is so light. It should be called a skin scent. I spray a bit on my arm and I smell something that reminds me of hay stacks. A really dried, well harvested, clean hay stack. It's super light, linear, and woody. Woman could wear it but I see it more toward man, I think. Another nice, easy to wear, and intriguing scent by Hermes.

m_e110
m_e110

When I smell this perfume again after several years addicted to buying perfume gave me all over learned to truly love her madly pushing pure hands the smell of my woe 10 20 'll thank her Hermes Company

وقتي اين عطر را بو کردم دوباره بعد از چندين سال معتاد شدنم به خريدن عطر سر تا سر وجودم را فرا گرفت واقعا ديوانه وار دوستش دارم بوي هل خالص ميده واي من از 10 بهش 20 ميدم متشکرم شرکت هرمس

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

This scent releases itself in distinct stages without morphing to a totally different scent.
It opens a slight citrus spice, brings a spicy floral heart, and rests on a woody musk.
One source mentioned white woods, but I could have sworn patchouli was in there.
I don't just want to buy it just because it's really nice, I want a second opinion. But I'm sure if I was still the impulse buyer I once was, I would have picked it up on the spot.

I'm not sure exactly what else to say about the scent other than it's very fresh, elegant and smells like quality.

jtappenden

For this red-blooded male,there's nothing effeminate about this fragrance.Just an intensely sweet sensuality.10/10.

jtappenden

Purchased today,this fabulous fragrance is like a relaxing vacation.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I love this scent. Very light and long-lasting due to the large amounts of Iso E Super in the base. Very wearable during spring and summer. Very expensive being the only obvious drawback.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Peppery, spicy, yet light and fresh - I love VDH !
Created by one of my favourite perfumers : Jean-Claude Ellena.
His vision of a journey makes me want to pack my suitcase and rush off to the airport and pick a flight to a place I have never been before.
This fragrance can be worn by men and women, perfectly suitable for warm summer days as well.
VDH is sophisticated understatement in perfection.

Lilyth
Lilyth

Bought it in spring 2010. After winter i felt recharge by this beautiful scent. Refreshing, light, sport and motion.

I wasn't really expecting much from Voyage d'Hermes and I had already placed it into a typical citrus scent category prior to testing. How wrong could I be?

This fragrance is so very likable. It settles on the skin like a natural skin scent, musky and clean. It's a fragrance along the lines of Narciso Rodriguez, Acca Kappa's White Moss and Kiehl's Original Musk. There's also a beautiful creamy aspect to this fragrance that makes it very feminine on my skin.

There are very light, almost undetectable citrus notes in the opening which provides a slightly green and fresh feel. As it settles a clean, crisp, white muskiness can be felt.

Occasionally I can detect some element of spiciness, possibly cardamom, with a slight peppery aspect. I also agree with Doc Elly that this fragrance does smell a little bit like cardboard or wet paper. However, I like this odd scent.

Summer in Australia is usually unbearable, often making me queasy whenever I apply perfume for the day. Something so transparent and natural like Voyage d'Hermes would be perfect for the next few months in which I will have to brace the heat.

Despite it's airy-ness, Voyage d'Hermes has fantastic lasting strength and it powers through almost anything, including quick showers. I'm rather excited to have found Voyage d'Hermes at the right time of the year.

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

I smell sth like ginger at the opening and when it moves to the center stage I could smell real wood like a real tree bark and it stays linear after that. I have this table runner made by a tree bark at home, and I swear it smells exactly like this frag.The tree bark is very fragrant and the smell suppose to serve as insects repellent but I found it so very attractive to my nose. I did ask my father on the name of the tree bark cos he was the one who bought it when he visited Sarawak,Borneo. Too bad he forgot the name.
Overall this frag really smells good to my nose, very natural and light but at the same time attractive . Enough to say Jean Claude Ellena is just brilliant!

Affinity4FineFragrances
Affinity4FineFragrances

Not my fav JCE scent but it layers very nicely with Osmanthe Yunnan (another least fav of mine.)
The interesting bottle may have also caused me to rush out and make this blind purchase, but it was a blind purchase that I consider worth it. Partial to JCE? Eh. Maybe...
This scent seems to have long-lasting sillage, especially with body heat. I found myself smelling this even stronger when I worked out, and the "sweaty" hint in this fragrance blended with my own quite well ;-)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The voyage starts out with a lemon-grapefruit citrus note accompanied by something that almost smells like dry paper - the cheap thick paper that you sometimes find in old books, or one of those tasteless commercial pie crusts with the consistency of cardboard. Oh yeah! The cardboard smell must be Iso E Super, but combined with the citrus accord it seems dry, not wet and pulpy as it usually does. It’s an interesting effect, the most interesting part of the trip. After a half hour, a little bit of spice appears, probably cinnamon and/or cardamom, along with nondescript green and woody notes. In the end it’s a sort of green, woody, clean-musky scent, very synthetic smelling. Sillage is good, and longevity is moderate. This is definitely not one of my favorites from Hermes.

guest_SNOOPY
guest_SNOOPY

this is too light,it may as well be a bottle of water.

abirae
abirae

I wasn't sure what to expect, but on my skin this smells of carraway (which I love), cilantro, bergamot and flint, then carrots, celery, and horses before drying down to a sweat, crushed chalk and a heavy, waxy dirty hair musk.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Oh, wow! Know what this is to me? This is Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, only without the florals! I'm serious!

Batabidd did a thorough job in describing it, but I'll be honest: I'm just not that proficient at picking out that many particular notes. Citron/Bergamot are, without a doubt, featured. (Bergamot, on my skin, always translates to a lovely peppery *zing!*). These fade away quickly to leave, yes, woodsy notes and musk at the dry down.

Now that I have a few experiences with Hermés under my belt, it is instantly recognizable as a Jean-Claude Ellena creation. Unlike Un Jardin sur le Nil, this one has no delicious florals to keep it grounded. There one moment and... poof!...gone the next. It is a lovely hot-weather scent, but a fleeting one at that.

guest_miguel vena
guest_miguel vena

The bottle is extremelly elegant and the fragrance is very fresh and classy.
hermés at its best.The only thing that sads me is the fact that voyage is an unisex parfun.

midsummer
midsummer

My first impression of this scent: Orange soda. Possibly I'll have to go back and try again. I didn't get any of those complex woody notes that others have raved about. Somewhat disappointing, since it had been built up so much for me!

Lance
Lance

I got strong ginger, which not listed here.
Very interesting fragrance, feel something of Terre D'Hermes, but better, this is spicey and oriental, some kinda like Kenzo signature. I like it!
Beside that, the bottle is a masterpiece!

scenturian
scenturian

Start is similar to the Terre, mid seemed to me weird, need to test more.
Drydown is quite similar to Bvlgari PH on paper and on my skin. Main notes I get are tea, musk and spices.

guest_Billus
guest_Billus

Very simple formula but effective. Geranium as usual with this House for the feminine touch (Nile uses it in spades), accompanied by citrus notes for the fresh, masculine touch. The unifying and gender-neutral element was of course spikenard (unpleasant on its own but combining well with the other ingredients). The heavy alchohol delivery is the disguising factor. An ambiguous fragrance, drawing on the typical M-F traditions. Predictable but not altogether unpleasing.

antonpan
antonpan

Voyage d'Hermes is the more feminine version of Declaration, somewhat like "light and creamy Declaration". But at the same time it's like the mix of all the Jardins with Eau de Pamplemousse Rose with a touch of powdery notes. This fragrance should be another Jardin, but not the beginner of a new line. It has particulary no longevity and sillage, it will suit women better than men. But nevertheless Voyage d'Hermes is the scent of a very high quality.

Casi
Casi

The open to this smells like a Mint julep, (sans the bourbon), with a the scent of cool dewy grass. Within minutes, Voyage d'Hermes settles into a sheer, creamy green tea aroma with a dash of some white pepper, salt and perhaps some lime. It isn't entirely masculine or feminine, nor is it all that dynamic. There isn't much projection or longevity to speak of. It is simply a pleasant, green, clean blend that turns into a sort of skin scent.

hapa
hapa

I recently snagged a sample from the Hermes concession in Brown Thomas. Like all things Hermes, it is classic, understated and not necessarily ground breaking. Like the other reviewers I feel it smells familiar but I'm personally unable to say which fragrances I feel it is close to but will say it is rather unisex. There are no strong notes jumping out at you but instead a constant wafting of a nice, warm weather fragrance. This is fresh with some spice and herbs. I imagine if one had a nice country house and lots of money, this is what it would smell like in the sitting room.

minimalist
minimalist

Bought it basically for the bottle, a piece of witty design on its own.Once at home I found myself wearing this often - a safe choice, a well known friend-,a dry citrus scent in the line of Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, Un jardin en mediterranée or Bulgari's Green tea. In my opinion Mr Ellena is placidly swimming in the part of the lake he knows best, not taking any risks nor venturing out for new challenges.Don't get me wrong, it smells heavenly but leaves me a feeling of dejà-vu...

da_markos
da_markos

like below - mixed feelings

my 1st impression - it's like 212 men, eau de cartier and un jardin sur le nil in one.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Black pepper and star anise are the notes I strongly get.

A strange,fizzy take off,an intriguing
heart and soothing as it settles.

It didn't have a serious lasting power on me.Mixed feelings...I wouldn't buy it.

batabidd
batabidd

Probable notes of (not confirmed yet) citron, bergamot, coriander, ginger, artemisia, cardamom, black pepper, tea, birch, white musk, amber and cedar.

"Voyage" starts green and slightly citrus yet dry: citron and soft spices with a generous dose of black pepper, green tea and some ginger too, a early stage very much alive.

When things calm down, "Voyage" becomes light woody melting with powerful burst of the cardamom and a soft herbal whisper too in the background.

It develops woody musky, but still pretty green with pale touches of citruses in the background and a soft white flowers touch. It has an aquatic soul without being aquatic; it's more like a sensation of damp, dewy fresh wood notes: a beautiful oceanic breeze blending with cedar.

"Voyage" tends to a masculine side rather than unisex, but I can see women wear it easily as is enough fresh, sexy and sophisticated.

I loved it from the very first sniff, although, there is nothing strange or extravagant, but also doesn't smell as cheap or generic as so many recent launches coming from brands that supposedly offer "luxury." scents.
Even though is super ultra expensive for what it really worths.
Projection is nule and the long lasting is more than mediocre; after a couple of hours nothing will remain on your skin.

nenuphar
nenuphar

Have to agree with eckerd. The first thing I thought of was I've smelled this before.... ahaa! Declaration Cartier and Must de Cartier blended together.

Need to spray them all side by side to really compare.

Either way... Voyages is a lovely unisex scent that says out-of-the-shower, expensive chinos and crisp white shirt. It has a touch of spicyness that keeps it out of too citrus territory.

eckerd
eckerd

I enjoyed this fragrance and it has a smell similar to Declaration Cartier

bloodflower
bloodflower

this is how i would like my man to smell after a shower in a hot humid summer evening..fresh and sexy, masculine and sophisticated.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I have been patiently waiting for this fragrance to come out. One reason is because it is created by one of my favorite noses, Jean-Claude Ellena and the second reason is because I have yet to be disappointed by anything from the house of Hermes.

On me, the opening has a blend of grapefruit and a light floral note (can't yet pinpoint it out). Then it warms down to a beautiful oceanic & cedar blend.

It is different on my partner more green and woodsy. This fragrance does change differently on the wearer.

This is perfect for the Spring and Summer.

jonr951

I got a sample and I like it. Its nice. Im not in luv w/ it as much as I hoped Id be. Its a great scent but its nothing new & exciting. Its kinda like a combo of Guerlain Homme and Terre D'Hermes. It has alot of lime. I like it. Ill get it one day but I wont be rushing out to get me a bottle anytime soon. : )

guest_gabriellagarbati
guest_gabriellagarbati

adoro Hermes e i suoi unici e fascinosi profumi. Aspetto con grande curiosità di provare questa sua nuova creazione che sarà come sempre originale e inaspettata

jonr951

I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT!!!! ITS GONNA BE AMAZING!!!

Voyage d`Hermes by Hermes 4.00 out of 5 based on 1059 ratings and 166 user reviews

Deodorant
Hermes Voyage d Hermes - Perfumed deodorant natural spray 5 oz
Deodorant 5oz
HERMES Voyage d'Hermes Deodorant Spray 5 oz
HERMES Voyage d'Hermes Deodorant Spray 5 oz
Voyage D'hermes Cologne by Hermes, 1.18 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Refillable for Men
Voyage D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - 1.18 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Refillable
VOYAGE D'HERMES for UNISEX by Hermes EDT REFILLABLE SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
VOYAGE D'HERMES for UNISEX by Hermes EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
VOYAGE D'HERMES for UNISEX by Hermes EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Cologne 3.3oz
Voyage D'hermes Cologne by Hermes, 3.3 oz Pure Perfume Refillable Unisex for Men
VOYAGE D'HERMES for UNISEX by Hermes SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 1 OZ SHOWER GEL 1 OZ
Hermes Voyage D'Hermes Eau De Toilette Refill 125ml 4.2oz
HERMES Voyage d'Hermes 1.2 oz Eau de Toilette Refillable Spray
Cologne 3.3oz
Voyage D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - 3.3 oz Pure Perfume Refillable Unisex
Voyage D'hermes Cologne by Hermes - 3.3 oz Pure Perfume Refillable Unisex
Voyage D'hermes Cologne by Hermes, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Refillable for Men
VOYAGE D'HERMES for UNISEX by Hermes EDT REFILLABLE SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Voyage d'Hermes by Hermes for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 4.2 oz Refill
FragranceShop.com
Voyage d'Hermes by Hermes for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz Refillable
Voyage d'Hermes by Hermes for Women Eau de Toilette Spray 3.3 oz Refillable

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Voyage d`Hermes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hermes Voyage d`Hermes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Voyage d`Hermes by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Voyage d`Hermes by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.