Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Herve Leger Herve Leger for women

Herve Leger Herve Leger for women
dislike

Herve Leger Herve Leger for women Pictures Herve Leger Herve Leger for women Pictures Herve Leger Herve Leger for women Pictures

Herve Leger by Herve Leger is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Herve Leger was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top note is green apple; middle notes are osmanthus and orchid; base notes are musk, sandalwood, amber and vanilla.

Green Apple

Osmanthus Orchid

Musk Sandalwood Amber Vanilla

V Absolu
Raw Spirit Desert Blush

Herve Leger Fragrance Reviews

Dabarefootbombshell
Dabarefootbombshell

I need to finally get a big bottle of this. It is like catnip for men. I wore this in a bookstore once and a man walked up to me and smelled my neck. He was also with a red faced lady friend when he did this. Lol! It was so intoxicating he couldn't resist. I am an attention whore I admit it without shame. If it wasn't for the reaction from men I wouldn't even want this. It is pretty, feminine, and delicately polite but it is missing a little edge for my taste. I wish they made a naughtier version of this:)

jlfears
jlfears

This is a lot like Valetino V, as many have said. It's also not far from Anna Sui Dreams, to me. But there's a beautiful note ~ or combination of notes ~ that I haven't quite smelled anywhere else: a tiny bit of incense and that unmistakable Juicy Fruit gum. I adore this scent from start to finish.

smedmark
smedmark

I sprayed it on in Las Vegas a week ago at the Herve Leger shop in one of the hotels (was it The Venetian or Paris perhaps..?)… I own V by Valentino and love it and had read reviews that the Herve Leger was very near to it. I would have to confirm that I instantly recognized many of the same notes as with V by Valentino I had grown familiar with, even on first whiff. The two are extremely close as far as scents go, however the Herve was deeper and richer than V, and I may have even liked it better! I did not buy it on the spot, but now cannot get it off my mind! The notes are very unique and hard to put my finger on, suffice it to say it feels decadent.

butterbean
butterbean

The scent opens with the sparkling, fruity notes of Chinese osmanthus flower, water jasmine and black currant blossom. The soft purple orchid and the rich, feminine scent of matthiola follow.

A voluptuous fusion of heliotrope, vanilla and precious sandalwood finish.

agentj

This has been my signature scent for the pasy ten years or so, and when I ent to Nordstrom today I had no idea they'd brought it back. I was so excited I took a picture of the shelf and sent it to my best friend (of 27 yrs) because she had begun to wear it also. Its a slightly different color, more blue-ish than the purple I remember. I had resigned myself to doing without after ordering several bottles on ebay that didn't smell right. Does anyone know if this is the same formula or if it's been tweaked somehow. It still smells amazing, the perfect scent for me. Now I just have to reorganize my budget so I can buy a big bottle! I hope they will keep it around permanently this time.

AshDiCar
AshDiCar

This was my signature when it came out. It's so feminine and well-balanced. It doesn't feel like a "floral" fragrance. It's the seductive blend of sandalwood, amber, musk and vanilla that dominates. The orchid comes through but it's more of a background accent to the warmth of the base notes. I love it and was so happy to see it back on the market at Nordstrom last week. Yay!!

Marie76
Marie76

This fragrance is not very well described here.Floral? Vanilla? No way, this is spicy, ever so slightely scratchy with deep musks, but it's elegant, beautiful, not too warm or overbearing. It's balanced and full of personality. It was the signature of my friend, who is a naturally gazelle like beautiful creature and used to burn Oudh wood to fragrance the house. the two smells melt in my memory. Would love to get a bottle of this now,

veda
veda

I loVe loVe this perfume bottle.
I had one mini, I decanted it this week.
It's lovely and vanillary and sexy but not for me!
Found it light and soft for my taste.LoVed also the colour of it.
Sad that it is another one discontinued fume.

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Come on folks, stop your crying! Just go to Ebay and buy as many bottles as you want starting at $12.90. Never give up on finding any "discontinued" scent until you have tried finding it for a few months on Ebay. It is amazing what will turn up from some estate sale, or Grandma's secret stash.

hontapocasgreen
hontapocasgreen

Well, another one that has been discontinued. This one started off on me as ambery floral but dried down to a wonderful sandalwood.

Dominic80
Dominic80

NOTES OF HELIOTROPE, too! Lots of it! Why aren't they listed?? Helotrope is at the base of this!

shannonl68
shannonl68

Heartbroken that this seems virtually impossible to locate anywhere. Stumbled on it about two years ago, and alas, a short love affair...seems almost insulting to compare, but any thoughts on the new Forever Glowing by JLo?

Monny Monny
Monny Monny

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease bring this masterpiece back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacquey
Jacquey

The Avon version is different :(
Yes>hopefully they will bring back this classic and perfect 'go to' fragrance. Jessica Simpson is a good 'replacement option' and I'm going to try V by Valentino as well as Burberry.
I love Fragrantica's 'This perfume reminds me of' section because it really does help when you can no longer get a specific fragrance!

sene menee

YES! I agree, it smells like Valentino V and Fancy Love... but believe it or not... even BETTER!.... Please bring it back!

sene menee

This is the perfect comfort fragrance: clean, innocent and delicious all in one. I CANNOT believe that it is no longer available!!! Not sure how this can be one of the best fragrances available yet discontinued !!!! (Very similar to Valentino V but with a powdery edge - making it perfect!!!).

agentj

This perfume has been my "soulmate"....I have worn it most days and nights for the past 12 years and am below the halfway mark in my last bottle. This is the perfect fragrance IMO. I don't get any of the fruit, just the cozy, comfortable, sometimes sexy, feeling that I smell like "me". What's a girl to do? How to start the search over for that perfect chemistry between my skin and the new fragrance? Any suggestions are welcome.

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

Bought it immediately when launched and kept a little bottle in my bag too - which I never ususally do. Wouldn't live without it. Lots of people loved it on me. I will be forever sorry it was discontinued! Loved the bottle too. Many others tried to immitate the bottle and fragrance later! Not even close!
This was a masterpiece soft-oriental-sweet-sexy scent!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

This is a very pretty perfume...similar to Dior Addict?...there is a very slight similarity. I personally feel the osmanthus is just beautiful..especially mixed with the orchid. The vanilla plays a nice, natural vanilla role..unlike the newer, sickenly sweet, synthetic types. A very feminine, naturally sweet scent..innocent and sexy at the same time..which is very unique. Like a good girl that has potential to be very bad...

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

I am DEVASTATED that this is discontinued. :( It smells soooo incredibly good on me! When I wear it, I've had strangers follow me to ask me what I'm wearing. :) I'm now researching how to make perfume and will purchase all the essential oils used in this beautiful, "little bit of heaven on earth" perfume.

The one downside? When I wear it I literally can't stop smelling myself. XD

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

EDP review
This is such a lovely classy smelling perfume! It is really too bad they discontinued it. On me it starts out with Orchid and Sandalwood, then it dries down to a vanilla amber. It is so wonderfully balanced with just the right amount of sweet, wood, and flowers. Perfect for work as it is non-offesive. One you can wear all year round either day or night! I love the bottle and box design, it reminds me of Art Deco style. Very classy.

pisces3774
pisces3774

This is amazing! I've worn it since it came out and get lots of compliments. It's unique and distinctive, but nor weird like Gucci Rush, for example. Soft, deep, and powdery, yet with a clean-ness and freshness. It fits every mood and all seasons. A classic! Too bad it's been discontinued, that's ridiculous!

I agree that it's similar to Hugo Boss Deep Red initally. Have both on - one on each wrist - so we'll see what happens in the dry down.

katayron

This is my second favorite scent, next to Paloma Picasso. I read in the one of the reviews it was discontinued. That makes me very sad. Luckily, I have a lot to last me for awhile.

sweefa
sweefa

This is the most lovely powder scent I know and it is unlike any other. Interpret the sweet and fruity licorice smell of Haribo Colorado in an elegant and unearthly way, dust it with cool blue shimmering powder and you've got Herve Leger.
Thats the smell of little blue fairies to me - nothing evil, nothing dangerous hides behind this tender perfume veil. Put it on if you feel very young and feminine. It's charming in the most innocent way. I have both the EDP and the EDT and they are quite similar, but the longevity of the EDP is nearly endless - be aware you will wear it for 2 days if you put it on.
It's not an everyday scent for me, but when I am in the right dreamy mood I love this little trip to wonderland ;)

I somehow expected this to smell like the same titled Avon scent, but IMO it doesn't. It's much softer and more discreet. I found it ok for daytime or office wear but wouldn't really want to buy it for myself.

liebe
liebe

It has been discontinued! :-( I love this fragrance!! It has such a soft and seductive smell to it!! Now Avon makes a Herve Leger but it is not the same fragrance and no where near the quality of this one.

Louw
Louw

This is a soft, sweet and subtle fragrance. I wouldn't have called it oriental at all - to me it's gently floral with a hint of vanilla, which dries down to a base that is woody with just a touch of musk. I think it's very sexy but in an elegant and understated way that means it's not too extrovert to wear every day. Lovely!

I haven't seen it in the shops for a while and I'm just hoping that doesn't mean it's been discontinued.

katayron

This is my second favorite scent. It is so unique, I just love it.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

@perfumegirl: ehem. sorry but this is not the avon scent you're reviewing!!!! this will be quite missleading, plz post your review where it belongs to thanks !

your review is about this one: fragrantica.com/perfume/Avon/Herve-Leger-Femme-9121.html

perfumegirl
perfumegirl

i have recently purchased harve leger perfume from avon and was quite impressed for 20 quid you get a gorgeous looking designer bottle , in beautiful packaging a silver box quite nice the perfume itself when you first open it is very pungent and very strong and when i first put it on it was very very strong , however with this perfume you only need apply a little , it appears to be quite musky and oriental and this is a fragrance that changes as you wear it after a few hours it changes to a warm musky scent , that did remind me of a lot of the various cashmere scents that you can purchase however it smells luxurious and fashionable will definatley be buying this perfume again i hope that avon do indeed bring out more fashion perfumes because this is a concept that really does work .

Sissi
Sissi

It opens crisp and fruity then changes to
an amber musk with a hint of ginger nuances and vanilla can be cloying at times thinking to myself should i have more to say about this scent? it does turn
gourmand foody candy like mentality with
i also detect Black Licorice that is missing in the scent cards but i do smell
licorice, second when i first tried this
i thought it smelled average fruity run of the mill scent these are one of the perfumes that has to grow on you over time it did'nt win me over at that insistent may or maybe not that i will
come to love this only time and situation will tell.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I bought this pretty much on a whim. Sprayed it on in the store and walked out with it minutes later. I think I was lured in by the interesting bottle and purple juice. And I liked the scent well enough. Well one day shortly after I started wearing HL, a co-worker of mine said "why do I smell cake?" Unfortunately we figured out that I was the cake and that was it for me and HL. Don't get me wrong. I've got absolutely nothing against cake, I just don't wanna smell like one!

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I tested this fragrance on paper about a year ago and was not impressed at all & had not-so-very-nice things to say of it. Last weekend, I was in a Nordstrom with a really pushy sales rep and she made me try it on my skin...so I did...

I TAKE IT ALL BACK!

This perfume is absolutely gorgeous...extremely sexy...very inviting...it is precisely what I imagined Allure Sensuelle would smell like, only it didn't.

The balance between the vanilla and sandalwood hits that perfect mix creating the desire to eat your arm and simultaneously roll around on a velvety floor like a kitty in heat. This is definitely more of a skin-scent on me, as the apple & orchid only make fleeting appearances here and there with warm and sexy intrigue. While sweet and gourmand, the orchid & apple do give it just enough of a kick, or tartness, to keep it from being heavy and cloying. I just LOVE this!

And it's purple juice...what girl doesn't want purple juice?!

Kaibarlow
Kaibarlow

This is a classic "must have" for every woman. Much love went into creating this complete fragrance. Understanded but very complex, a true alluring elixir. What a gem!

jazzgirl
jazzgirl

This is one of my favorite fragrances of all time. It is not too heavy. It lingers close to the skin. It is a little bit sweet, but is never cloying. To give it a bit more warmth, I layer it over my Vanilla Noir body splash. This appears to be a nice pairing because every time I wear it I get compliments from strangers. I'm surprised it isn't more well known. But, then again, I like that it isn't as common as the Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein selections that line the shelves of every major department store.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

For me also one of the top favourites ever! Warm and comforting, not too sweet but apple-vanilla musk.. and the sandalwood which comes later in the drydown is so warm and lovely it fits the apple vanilla perfectly. I don t think it is a classic woody oriental..there s no oriental in it for my taste...and that s not necessary bad. It should sure be more popular!

falovalo
falovalo

Apple, vanilla and Hugo Boss Deep Red. That's what this smells like to me. It's a very nice, understated, inoffensive fragrance. Not very sexy (though that is very subjective ;), just comfortable and cute.

scent44
scent44

This is my stand-by, go-to, always-a-safe-bet fragrance. It's lovely, feminine, never cloying, and you just can't overdo it or offend anyone while wearing it. I do find that I need to layer it over the body lotion or creme (when I can find it)and reapply often during the day. Another big plus: my grandchildren love it on me. Highly recommended as a daytime fragrance.

ChristyS
ChristyS

I really like the smell of this lovely fragrance. It´s very feminine and warm. What most comes out on me is vanilla, sandalwood and orchid. It´s not strong imho, it stays close to the skin and is cosy and I can´t remember any similar perfume. For any age. For my taste it only could be a bit stronger. I wish they would launch a pure perfume or Elixir Version of this.

rainydays
rainydays

Not your usual oriental... not at all spicy or sharp. Instead it's extremely smooth and sweet (without being candy-sweet... it's far more mature than that). I really get the vanilla, amber, and sandalwood, but not so much the apple. It's not too complex, which is a refreshing change now and then, but is still elegant and sophisticated.

guest_Dani
guest_Dani

Just a beautiful fragrance,perfect in every way.

Cherub573
Cherub573

It's difficult to overdo this perfume when I wear it. It always stays light on me, and the drydown only leaves a faint trace of vanilla, I mostly retain the floral essence (I love orchids!). Lovely, ethereal, dream-like. I consider it a comfort scent, for the day, as it's too light on me at night.

AmilkA
AmilkA

not too sweet, not too spicy, not too strong, not too watery - a Classical scent from the capital letter :)

XSX
XSX

I don't see it as a classical woody- oriental scent,because you can really feel flowers and green apple, warmed up with vanillla.
I agree that this could easily be one of the most beutiful perumes ever. It definetly makes you feel nice and cosy and very aware of it's lovely scent and it's influence of pwople around you.
It is very long lasting, and doesn't change a lot during time, which I consider very positive.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Easily one of the most lovely perfumes ever. It has the ingredients that I just love and it is a feminine fragrance in the truest sense of the word. Not a fancy scent in terms of having 68 different ingredients or one that you will have to work to 'get'. Nor is it necessarily groundbreaking. Rather, it is simply lovely with a beautiful blend of sandalwood, vanilla, amber and musk all combined just perfectly.

I don't think this is a scent that would be offensive to anyone as it is not loud or overbearing. It is not a floral scent, nor is it cloyingly sweet in a foody way. It truly is a woody oriental and a gentle one at that. Absolutely worth trying-a scent you can wear to work but also wear with that certain someone when you want to feel sexy.I don't understand why this one isn't more popular because it should be. It's an overlooked gem. If you enjoy simple and feminine scents, I think you will love this one.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Herve Leger Herve Leger fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Herve Leger Herve Leger, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herve Leger by Herve Leger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herve Leger by Herve Leger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.