Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1425 I had it: 791 I want it: 625 My signature: 21

tropical
With Love Hilary Duff for women Videos

With Love by Hilary Duff is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. With Love was launched in 2006. With Love was created by Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Stephen Nilsen. Top notes are spices and mango; middle notes are cocobolo and mango blossom; base notes are amber and musk.

Spices Mango

Cocobolo Mango Blossom

Amber Musk

With Love Fragrance Reviews

remmz

this smells AWFUL at initial spray and too spicy, it starts smelling okay maybe after 5 hours.....would not recommend.

poolsoflaughter
poolsoflaughter

I am so very glad that I have kept this bottle for so many years, forgotten on my dresser until trying it again today. I get warm, darkly spicy and sweet notes. Vanilla, amber, pepper, leather, tobacco, tonka, musk seem to be amplified by my skin in a delicious way...not too loud or obnoxious.

AirHale
AirHale

Okay so... I noticed that many here were saying really good stuff about this perfume and let me tell you that they were not wrong! :) I decided to buy a 0.5 fl oz to try it and see what all the fuzz was about. I got OBSESSED as soon as I sprayed it. I like it a lot (I even bought a 3.3 fl oz bottle after). I want to buy as many as possible because It is discontinued :( Seems like i gravitate towards oriental scents after all!

avagard
avagard

This is the first time in my life I buy a "celebrity" realease. I din't even know who Hilary Duff was. This stuff is gorgeous: a spiced tea with a hint of a milky coconut water, amber and dry woods ( they might be the Cocobolo note). It's not loud, as for example Jungle by Kenzo, nor is it particularly sweet- gourmandy. To be sincere I do not understand if the mangosteen note is realistic, since I've never smelled it, but there's something fruity, very lightly reminding me osmanthus, which could be that exotic fruit. Nevertheless this is not certainly a fruity girly fragrance, but a lightly spiced warm juice that can be well enjoyed by grown-ups either men or women. Much, much better that many designers'offers. Considering this, my score is 8/10

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Wow! Just… wow! Amazing perfume from Duff; warm, woody, sweet, milky. A beautiful, luscious fragrance! Head and shoulders above most celebrity perfumes. If you don't like wood you should avoid this but I feel it adds depth and interest to what would otherwise be a generic sugary gourmand - not that that would be bad but the cocobolo elevates this to something really special. It actually reminds me strongly of Jeux de Peau - which I adore - but with dry, airy woods. Highly recommended! I'm buying a larger bottle *right now!*

remmz

I wanted to love this perfume because I've heard mazing things, however at first smells I was not impressed. It later tries down and smells a tad better but it is far too woody, would not reccomend

clickingpenguin

I may have already written a review for this perfume but I've just fallen in love with it all over again and thought I would share my updated opinion. With Love surpasses most celebrity fragrances with it's warm, milky, spiciness and uniqueness. I have been wearing it non stop lately and every time I do I catch myself smelling my wrists. I would say it's intoxicating. It's not a weak little gourmand without any character or depth. However, at the same time, it's not too masculine and heavy. It has the right balance of femininity and mystery. I'm about 90% sure that it's been discontinued so I just ordered another bottle on amazon while they're still floating around out there. I would HIGHLY recommend thus perfume if you're looking for something different and beautiful. Purchase ASAP.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Very exotic and mature for Hilary Duff AKA Lizzie McGuire on Disney Channel. The bottle and packaging is deceptive. I thought it would be a sweet girly fruity scent similar to Paris Hilton Dazzle but its not. It's a punch in the nose of spice and dark woods, amber, musk and mango. If it was not for the mango (and mango blossom) scent I might not have liked it. It's fruity but dark, and kind of like Roberto Cavalli Exotica. It's definitely an evening perfume and for summer. It's fruity but not too fruity, it's mostly woodsy, amber and musk. Smells Oriental and very spicy. I can see myself wearing it on a serious date where serious conversations are gonna happen. Love it.

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

With Love by Hilary Duff was a lovely, warm, woody- amber scent with notes of dark cocobolo wood, chai spices, and mangosteen blossom contained in a beautifully faceted, jewel-like, glass bottle. (I had no clue what mangosteen was prior to discovering this perfume. Coincidentally it was about the same time that I developed a love for Indian cuisine. Mangosteen - aka garcinia mangostana- is a southeast Asian fruit often used in south Indian cooking. It is not at all the same as the mango fruit. The notes listed here on Fragrantica are incorrect).

The juice had outstanding longevity and sillage on me. I received a giftset of the full size 3.4 oz. bottle, 5 oz. lotion, and a rollerball keychain as a birthday gift when the fragrance was first released in 2005. It was my signature scent for nearly three years. I received endless compliments from friends and strangers alike. When I made the decision to change my signature everyone I knew let me know they missed the warm amber scent they'd come to associate as "my" scent. When I sought out a replacement bottle I was utterly brokenhearted to discover that it had been discontinued. I've yet to find anything quite like it.

Apparently Mariah Carey's "M" outsold this as the best selling celebrity fragrance at the time; thus the reason for its discontinuation. The scent may not have worked for everyone but it was practically made for me. To date my entire family agrees that this was the BEST scent I've ever worn, beating out any Chanel or Guerlain I've owned over the years. It was a fabulous perfume despite bearing the name of a then teen aged pop star.

Wheaters
Wheaters

The opening of With Love is just gorgeous, fruity but not syrupy.
I am sorry to say that the drydown is something else entirely. It never makes it past the smell of Black Jack penny sweets. I had to scrub. I tried, I really tried to tolerate it but couldn't, it made me want to vomit.
I'm so disappointed because the recommendations for this are usually glowing and i thought I'd love it. Oh well.

As always, YMMV.

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

Voopie. Look on ebay.

Voopie
Voopie

I really want this. Is somebody willing to swap or sell their With Love. I cannot find it anywhere.

Tarya
Tarya

Very nice, not overly feminine or fruity. I'm more into warm, spicy and tomboyish scents, so this one's just perfect.

When I saw notes listed on this one, got curious (spices) but I was doubtful about the mango (which I don't detect at all..) Before this one I was using Nirvana by Elisabeth and James (black.)

anamalia

I distinctly remember, as another user did, that this fragrance had mangosteen as a note.

beautyscent$
beautyscent$

I don't know if I had a bad bottle or not (I highly doubt it) but, it smelled awful to me... High on the spices, amber, and pat... I wanted to like it, but could not at all!!!

lindley
lindley

Mangosteen, surely, not mango? I don't detect any mango in it, and I distinctly remember choosing this because of my love of (and rare access to) mangosteen, which to me tastes like perfume smells.

I found a bottle of In Love shoved to the back of my cupboard because of a broken spray. I replaced it and, thinking that celeb scents are usually very passing pleasures, doused myself with a few good sprays.

Oh, gosh. So much sweetness. It wasn't unpleasant I did like it, but I felt giddy and incredibly over-perfumed. This stuff is strong!

It settled to a likeable scent, once I stopped feeling like I'd bathed in it. Sweet and slightly spicy and tropical but more subdued than brash--and yes, I swear I do detect the delectable mangosteen.

lirael00
lirael00

I smell coconut too ?! This one is very oriental, tropical,I was epecting something very different as this one comes from Hilary Duff and it's called with love. I would rather name it Coco Jambo! Overall, very likeable!

emt1986
emt1986

Oh. My. God. Cocobolo? My boyfriend is a woodworker and used to use cocobolo for accents sometimes, and it would make the whole house (his workshop is in the basement) smell AMAZING. If he was working with it, I'd go down there and hang out just to revel in it. Unfortunately, it's now virtually impossible to get, let alone at an affordable price, since being put on the endangered list. I see this perfume is discontinued... what a shame. I think I'm gonna need to scour Ebay, or see if there are any perfumes out there with prominent rosewood notes (rosewood has a similar scent, though not quite as strong).

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

I smell coconut ???

emyalda
emyalda

remembered first smelling this sampled on a magazine and thinking back to it i can still remember how delicious and unique it was i couldn't get enough of it.

smellysmellerson
smellysmellerson

'cocobolo wood' smells like a blend of coffe and cedar aroma compounds so far. An unusual celebscent with it's super funky animal musk. The development of this scent reminds me of Salvador Dali Dalimix Black(gets creamy brighter). Unisex to my nose.

myram7
myram7

It's a very pretty scent, but doesn't last for more than 2 hours :( Not a repurchase for me...

Amy Orvin
Amy Orvin

I didn't care for this. I thought the bottle was pretty but the perfume stinks.

norchelle.dovinian
norchelle.dovinian

Purchased this a long time ago since I was about to attend Hillary's upcoming "Dignity" Tour, so I thought the purchase would be necessary.... This perfume is intoxicating and overwhelming, very VERY spicy and musky perfume. Was really disappointment since Hillary's fan base at the time was young tween girls when the perfume is linked towards more mature women with such an "mature and spicy" scent, truly I believe this perfume is not sexy AT ALL.

shell_bell
shell_bell

I got a tiny sample bottle of this several months ago but never paid it much attention.
Then, as my 40th birthday party approached I desperately started sorting through my samples for one that I was not familiar with to be my "signature" for the day - something that would always remind me of that wonderful party. I dabbed on some of Hilary's With Love and WHEW! What a fragrance!

Strangely enough, I first get a blast of tequila! Enough to make me feel a bit boozy lol. Then it quickly softens to a spicy, musky, woody mango with rice flower and vanilla aspects that aren't listed. I'd technically classify it as an autumn scent but it smelled BEAUTIFUL in warm summer sun yesterday.
It lasted a few hours into my party so I reapplied once. However, I spent most of the day outside so I was doing a good bit of sweating to wear off the gorgeous aromas.

Basically, I'm upgrading to a larger bottle before the summer is out so that any time I want to relive the fantastic memories of turning 40 I can give myself a quick spritz and smile in nostalgic happiness. ^_^
Yes...I am in love.

Rsamorose

Update: I am now getting the tropical notes. Creamy vanilla, still cedar. This is warming up and it smells divine!

Rsamorose

I blind purchased this after reading reviews. It has some of the notes that I love. First spray out of the bottle and what is that smell? Cedar/teak! This smells like the sauna at the gym. Crisp, fiery, dry. My skin always absorbs scents and brings out the woodiest notes of any fragrance, so on me, so far that's all I'm getting. I don't smell any coconut, or a hint of fruit. It's borderline masculine, but not necessarily in a bad way. I've been wearing it about 20 minutes so I'm waiting for the dry down. It's an interesting fragrance. Since I live in South Florida I would probably wear this on a chilly fall night. I don't see myself reaching for it more often than that.

ia_ramos
ia_ramos

I received this in a blind swap and I really like it. When I smell it, I am instantly transported to the beach. While some fragrances emphasize coconut (like Bronze Goddess) and make me think of summer in general, this one has a more specific beach vibe going.It's more tropical and doesn't have the suntan lotion scent. The spiciness contributes to the nice evening out feel. All in all, a very nice scent with far more sophistication that you would expect. A keeper!

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

It really is so funny how differently a fragrance can read on different skins. As I have had more than one perfume that was lovely on someone else go nasty on me, I do see how With Love could take a turn toward "dirty musk" territory on another. Happily, on my skin, With Love is a warm, creamy, sweet, mellow tropical dream. The mango/vanilla/amber blend makes for the most delicious creamy tropical feel- just a slight sweetness, enough to make the word "yummy" come to mind. The Fragrantica "notes" database describes cocobolo wood as a "fantasy note", only found in With Love, but I can't decide what else could remind me of a savory, nutty coconut in this one... so, I 'll just say it has to be the cocobolo wood. Yeah, that has to be it. There is quite a bit of spice present, but it is not the typical Christmas blend, or anything masculine. In line with the rest of the composition, it is a warm, creamy tropical spice, and it is nowhere near overwhelming. With Love wears on quietly for several hours, then falls asleep on a bed of nice skin musk and subtle spice. I have bought several back-up bottles, as I sense With Love is on its way to extinction.

hailes_xx
hailes_xx

No, no, and no. I found this stuff in my sister's collection, and she said "You can have it." I tested it, and almost gagged at the dark, musky, dirty, strong scent that came off my skin. I don't like to smell like dirty musk and I don't understand why anyone does.

fr3ckles
fr3ckles

This was my signiture scent for YEARS and I've been looking for one that suited me as perfectly ever since. It's funny seeing as I was only fourteen when I started wearing it in 2008! Sometimes you find a perfume that is just perfect for you - it went with my skin so beautifully, stayed on my clothes and skin for the entire day, just was the perfect scent for me. I was always confused about the actual scent because to me it smelled of slightly warm vanilla with an almost peppermint-y edge to it, although I'm starting to think that was my strange take on amber. It's such an interesting scent that manages to be both feminine and slightly masculine, strong but not overpowering, light enough for daily use and strong enough for night, fresh but with a slightly creamy side to it... these days I spend too much money buying bottles on ebay!

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I immediately fell in love with this fragrance. It was released in South Africa at a really good price, so of course I had to try it. This was my signature scent for years! I used to love that I could get a set with either 100ml and body lotion or a 100ml with a 30ml. I used With Love daily - for any occasion. Soon after I got married, this was really marked down & my bottle was nearing it's end, so I purchased a set containing 30ml & 100ml. After a month or two I went back to see if there are still specials, but I couldn't find With Love anywhere. I never opened my set. I only finished the bottle I was already using & that was it. I only recently discovered that it had been discontinued. My box is still sealed, I feel too sorry to use it. This is a gorgeous fragrance on me. Vanilla, fruit, exotic musk. I absolutely love With Love. It is a real shame that it has been discontinued & I can't find anything that smells similar - except for Revlon Unforgettable Midnight Amber (which has also been discontinued).

tru4reele
tru4reele

I blind bought this because of the rave reviews. I'm so disappointed. I don't like it. It smells like Far Away Exotic which I don't like either. There's a note in it that is more prominent in the Far Away that I detest. Papaya maybe? Idk but I am willing to do a swap if someone wants this.

Fragrance_Lily
Fragrance_Lily

It is strange because I was expecting to get the spicy smell from it, but it smells sweet on my skin. At first spray I can get that musk, but then it transforms into a sweet mango on me. Definitely smells exotic, but from a distance it smells like Wonderstruck Enchanted on my skin. My body chemistry makes this one very sweet.

Edit: I've been wearing it for 7 hours, and I can still smell it. It is very strong perfume, and now I can smell the spice on my skin. It reminds me of Indian spices like curry (in a good way).

poemefreak
poemefreak

i bought a sample of this and love love love it, i have had it on since 2pm and 8 hours later its still there, skin scent only obviously now but is still there. It smells warm and cozy to me and i will be trying to buy a FB

swampgirlie
swampgirlie

@JMARREE yes I'm sure. Purchased and gifted several bottles to family.My sister in law adores this scent and on her it presents itself as spicy fruity richness. Good bad or indifferent I reiterate that chemistry is key.I can only review from my perspective and this does indeed put off an "Angel" vibe when mixed with "my" chemistry. Other reviewers mentioned this likeness and I dismissed it. Negative reviews may be unpopular but for me, these reviews, if done honestly with integrity,help me tremendously.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I grabbed a 1 oz with a 3.4 lotion off ebay for $14.50 with free shipping. My lotion is not watery, but has no scent beyond a lotion scent. (Think Jergens) The perfume juice may be spoiled.... my scent was like damp wood and limp celery (I know.... but I swear I smelled warm celery! LOL!) It disappeared almost instantly on my skin, but lingered on my clothing. When I went outside in the cold (still Winter in Michigan) I got whiffs of tropical/fruit. I can tell this would be a pretty perfume... but I'm too scared to try any more or another bottle since it's OOP and all bottles could be spoiled.

Otherwise, if this is the real juice... it's just not me. I get whiffs of awesome, but overall it's too weak, too woody, and just boring.

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

Have been wanting to try this for awhile now and didn't realize it was discontinued!! No wonder I had a hard time finding it. Well, I finally got my hands on a bottle through ebay and smelled it. It was almost exactly what I was looking for as a fall/winter scent. There is a sweetness but not sugary sweet (kind of the way a glass of ice tea smells sweet), EARTHY, musky woods, and spices. The mango note is very subtle and almost not there but that may just be with my skin chemistry. Kind of reminds me of Chai tea. Sooooo glad to have gotten a big 3.3 oz bottle since this will be harder and harder to find. The bottle is GORGEOUS and very vintage looking btw. Great for a "celebrity" scent and VERY different from what most others have put out (sugary sweet or fruity been there done that scents). This is very unique. A real shame it is discontinued... I am now planning to buy a couple of bottles on ebay as backup for the years to come.

tia2905
tia2905

I love this fragrance. It's exotic, glamorous, and yummy. It makes me feel confident and energized when I wear it. I had it, loved it, and then moved on to something else. I was mistaken thinking I would be able to find another gourmand fragrance that could compete with this one. Planning to purchase it again, very soon! I will give a more complete analysis of it once I get reacquainted with how it works with my chemistry.

Lauren Da
Lauren Da

Unexpectedly this is a winner. It arrived to my mailbox today and I have to admit it was LOVE at first spray! Definitely an unforgetable experience rather than a typical perfume!This is exactly how an elegant, sophisticated and rich young lady would smell like. The scent is sensual and it smells like it is a very expensive perfume yet it is not! Congrats to Hilary for her awesome choice it's a pity it is discontinued but I feel lucky that I found it !

Julia1506
Julia1506

This one is a real gem. Gorgeous rich creamy gourmand perfume. I'm not a big fan of the gourmand scents, but this one totally captured me. For the notes, I don't think that I'm hearing mango here. Probably it is a juicy pear. Pear and spices. Surprisingly this composition appears to be very elegant on me. Such a pity this beauty was discontinued.

Knightnose666
Knightnose666

Love this. I tracked down a bottle and I'm hesitant to use it just cos I don't want it to run out. It smells fiery, rich, clean and has a sensual androgynous feel to it. It smells great on clothes, and on skin it dries creamy. It is a really sophisticated perfume perfect for 20s to 30s. Nice to wear in the winter but I think this is good for all seasons. It's a great day and night perfume. I have never smelt anything like it before!

Planet_X
Planet_X

That's the one I wanted to try for ages, but I didn't know and still don't know who is Hilary Duff:P
Only noticed that this bottle regularly appears in wardrobes of people who's taste in fragrances I genuinely respect and take hints from
So! No mango-fruit for sure. Rather its a blossom. What I smell is very solid, appealing sweetly-spiced fragrance which immediately reminded me Jeux de Peau Serge Lutens, less bakery, more juicy, yet it has that cashmere-coconut-y vibe, and soft spicy-woodiness. Very nice and I am going for a bottle.

katushka37

Update: Sadly this gorgeous fragrance went off and I had to throw it away... It started to get very potent chemical smell and one day it was nothing like the original creamy spiced pear scent I remember. My co-worker wears it too and it is starting to get a lot of those aftificial notes as mine did at the end of its life...so if it smells blah it is most likely off

Monica.Tiffany.De.La.Rosa
Monica.Tiffany.De.La.Rosa

My sister bought this fragrance a few years ago, I still remember the beautiful smell that filled the room, she bought it until the day that discontinued it. Fortunately she found a replacement soon on amor amor then, after a while we found a copy and oh god! It is completely the same, also very cheap, now I'm the one buying all the time! It is very sexy, elegant and sweet.

TeacupBreaker
TeacupBreaker

I didn't know this was an oriental / warm-spicy fragrance when I bought it, and since I'm not a fan of those, this isn't my favorite. I will say, though, that for being what it is, it really isn't offensive. It has a pleasant, light warmth to it--good for cold weather. I think the mango and mango blossom keep it sweet enough to be wearable.

marenanne6
marenanne6

An unfortunate sickly sweet scent on my skin, from when I first put it on to the dry down. It's a shame because it looked like the woody and spicy notes would blossom out after awhile, but each time I give it another chance I always feel slightly nauseated. It reminds me of eating too many divinities in one sitting. But oh well, it's a lovely bottle and I think the overall scheme of it was a great one, even if I can only stand it for a few hours.

perfumelovermadz
perfumelovermadz

Hated it at first, then I grew to love it and then it became one of my favourites. I love it and hopefully can purchase another bottle!

theperfumemaniac
theperfumemaniac

With Love by Hilary Duff will go down in history as the most UNDERRATED celebrity fragrance ever. SHAME such a quality fragrance got discontinued.

The scent is spicy, sweet, and woody. It is such a sexy scent. I really recommend this if you like spicy, oriental perfumes with a sweet edge to them.

I hope that now that Hilary Duff released some new music, maybe Elizabeth Arden will bring this back.

davidlong13
davidlong13

I used to love this fragrance. My best friend bought it for me a good 5 Christmases ago now. It was such a musky and elegant fragrance completely unlike any celebrity fragrance you can think of. However, the only downfalls of this perfume is that it just never lasted very long and the dry down smell was just very sugary smelling.

mvd99
mvd99

This is impressive for a celebrity frag, what a shame it's discontinued. How can Paris Hilton's frags live on and this is discontinued? There's no justice in the world. Well, this frag is a lovely, entry-level oriental for floral gals that may want to test the waters. I smell wood throughout, especially at drydown but since I've never smelled cocobolo, I can't comment more about it. I don't really get mango or mango blossom either. I do get a hit of spices and amber, warm but not overpowering, and I LOVE it. I may just have to start hoarding it.

ImissQuant
ImissQuant

This is reminiscent of classic 1920’s and 30’s vintage fragrances but in a lightened more updated way. It is elegant and sophisticated. It is the Flapper girl’s go to scent when she goes to afternoon teas that extend way thru the evening. The 1930’s babe in her impeccably tailored peplum suit walks by leaving behind this subtle spice scent warmed by skin. Love this fragrance from the same great nose who created my favorite Black Cashmere. Thank You Rodrigo Flores Roux.

Shimoldeam
Shimoldeam

This is quite an odd fragrance, but nice. On first spray its a rather uninspiring fruity blast that is instantly forgotten. However, after 30 minutes or so it becomes a beautifully soft warm and spicy musk. Its very light for my tastes, but has its charm. Shame it doesnt last more than a few hours.

ellina1984
ellina1984

This is so much more than I'd hoped for! It really is an oriental.

Very spicy, and a tad dry at the top. There's mango in there, quite prominent, too. If I hadn't looked at the pyramid I would have mistaken it for peach. And amber.

I get whiffs of wood throughout, and I had thought of rosewood. Obviously, I'm not acquainted with cocobolo, so maybe that's what I'm smelling, but rosewood does come to mind. It's not as dry as mahogany, but has a more aromatic quality to it.

Hours after application, after I had forgotten I was testing this, I went out to hang the clothes to dry. I kept getting whiffs of sweet vanilla and peach, with a touch of amber. I kept trying to remember whether I had bought a new clothes detergent, and then realized it was my hand. So the drydown is quite different than I'd expect given the spicy and woody top and middle, but it is delicious and beautiful!

HollyHawk22
HollyHawk22

This is my very favorite perfume to date. It's a lovely amber smell with just enough sweetness to be sensual instead of outright sexy. My husband always remarks on it when I wear it, so I save it for special occasions because it's discontinued.

vixw
vixw

Really like this, but it has been discontinued. Wore it for 3 years but now I only have the body lotion, which has not turned bad yet. Love the woodsy/cedar scent. Always get compliments. Just a really nice scent. Can't go wrong here.

nitschevo

Finally got my hands on this thanks to another member (thank you again!).

I'm wearing it for the first time today and am amazed and maybe a little embarrased sitting at my desk - 2 spritz would've been enough but I took 3! :D I'm pretty sure I'm filling the room but maybe that's just me. When I wear a new perfume I can still smell it myself. And need to learn how much to spritz!

With Love is unique - I have never smelled anything like it before! It`s spicy yet sweet and tropical. But def. a fall/winter scent. Maybe a cooler summer night, too, depending on the location.

Woody, ambery, tropical (the mango elements) and spicy. I think if you like woody, oriental scents like Marni, Dsquared or even Dune you might like this one too :) Oh and the bottle is beautiful!

gawerika
gawerika

This would work best in autumn/fall and winter, just too heady for warmer temperatures. It has moderate silage but very long lasting, definitely recommended when you wish to feel cozy and sensual.

Mynotaur
Mynotaur

Quite a nice one, seemed to last a long time for me. Surprising good for a celebrity perfume.

heather62
heather62

Received this scent from another member - thank you! This smells like fall to me. Hard to describe. I know it would never be a signature fragrance for me, but it is nice for a change.

MsBacall
MsBacall

This perfume changed my life. Before I would only wear clean soapy scents. I never ventured into spicy/amber parfum land. I wander by the tester in Macy's years ago. I was hypnotized. I ended up purchasing this along with Yves Saint Laurent's Opium. I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and take a risk on both perfumes. Opium was unlike anything I smelled before, but I wasn't confident in wearing it, but I by owning it, I thought eventually I would. With Love was the "training wheels" before I could confidently wear Opium. It is light and flirty, but sophisticated for a teen perfume. I don't consider it a teen perfume at all. I feel any age could wear this. It opened the door for my nose. I cannot get enough of amber, spicy, or incense. It is a gateway perfume to major parfum addiction. Also, it is afforable and easily found. The body lotion is just as potent as the perfume. Enjoy!

Eesa
Eesa

I just received a blind buy of this, and upon the first wearing, I love it! The spices and cocobolo wood really do dominate this. I am not always a fan of woody scents, but this is really lovely for me. There is just a hint of sweetness from the mango notes (I am a big fan of mango fruit btw). It does not smell cheap to me. It is a very delicious smell, and I would consider it a safe blind buy for the majority of people. I know that I am going to be wearing this a lot!

LadyMaverick
LadyMaverick

I wanted to like it but it just smells cheap to me. Just like in some Avon perfume, there is something cheap in there. Spices are interesting but unfortunately they remind me of pickled cucumbers my mum used to make - there is bay leaf and mustard seed in there. It just doesn't work for me :(

alemaiden
alemaiden

With Love es realmente muy especiado, amaderado, almizclado, medio picante, de frutal no tiene nada para mi, en mi piel dura muchas horas y el aroma que queda despues de muchas horas es muy rico, es un estilo de perfume como por ejemplo CH., Euphoria pero menos dulce.
Yo le encuentro un particular olor como oler un cigarrillo sin prender. Cada vez que me lo pongo en mi trabajo me dicen que es muy rico. Gracias!

pravda48

Warm spices, something creamy (would've said creamy/milky sandalwood if I didn't see the notes), and a lovely burst of mango in the opening spritz. Gets progressively better blended as it wears in. There's almost a buttery tone to it that's quite delicious under the crystallized sugar topcoat.

While I find it a tad shallow most of the time (pretty linear, quite sweet, just enough warm 'flavoring' spices to stay amusing) it is a lovely warm/sweet/creamy go-to when I want a gourmandish crowd pleaser. For this reason I wore it every night at work for a while and was complimented on a regular basis. Actually several people even followed me to ask what I was wearing that smelled like cookies.

Reminds me of: Adam Levine for Her w/ more sugar & less marigold

Compliments?: Every time! "You smell like a gingersnap! Mmm..."

Sillage: soft-mod
Longevity: 4ish hrs
Experience: worn 10+ times (FB)
Usually apply: 5-7 sprays
[8.28.14]

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

Pretty, spicy oriental.

Had a small bottle as a teen from TJ Max and it brings back the memories :) Thought it was quite unusual with the spiciness and amber feel...and the vintage looking bottle was gorgeous.

Definitely not your typical over-sweet bland "celeb" fragrance at all. This one has personality but I would get a small bottle first or test as it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

As I've grown up, I started collecting more designer perfumes but still remember this fondly. May have to try and get another small bottle soon, as I think it would be perfect for spring or fall in London.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

WOW! Just wow.
The spice here reminds me a lot of Lucas Seasoning (that you can also eat as candy) or Tajin Seasoning (Mexican fruit seasoning). If you haven't tried them, they're fantastic on any fruit.

Here we have juicy mango sprinkled with Lucas. It's not overly sweet, the spices give it a lot of character, and the amber base also gives it a nice creamy feel.

With Love is absolutely gorgeous and mature while still remaining playful. To top it off, the bottle is so pretty. I adore this unique celebrity fragrance! Longevity is 6 hours on my skin, but it lingers forever on clothes (which I prefer). Projection is moderate.

Update: This can be worn all year round, but I personally prefer it in warmer/hot weather. The spices seem to heat up on the skin better, making it yummy.

ngmama
ngmama

This was my wedding fragrance!! At the time I liked Ralph by Ralph Lauren a bit better, but this had a more elegant look (for photographs) and smell.
Wonderful memories!! Beautiful bottle. Lovely, unique, scent. :)

Kierannnn.
Kierannnn.

This is a beautiful fragrance. Smells just like a cup of tea.

SIM2014
SIM2014

I was surprised at how great this one smelled.The longevity in it is great,I wore it in the fall.

nitschevo

I really want this! Knowing that she loves Opium I'm intrigued how she approached the whole "celebrity" scent thing. Meaning - did she stay true to herself (as far as possible for mass market, I mean Opium is da bomb!) or did she take the crowd pleaser route. If someone has a bottle up for sale or swap please let me know, thanks! :)

Lexxy
Lexxy

So relieved, I like it! This was a blind buy bc I could not find it anywhere to test. And the "too spicy" reviews had me a bit worried. But I find it more woody than spicy and the sweetness with the mango balances it nicely for me. It's sweet in a honey sweet type of way and just a bit fruity. It has almost a unisex feel to it (I think bc of the woody smell) but the sweetness makes it feminine. It's different but in a good way, not as scary as I thought it was going to be. I wish I was better as describing fragrances so that I could help you guys more. Bc I had a hard time imagining what it would smell like while reading reviews. Woody, honey sweet, tropical fruity are words that come mind. I also get a slight tea like feel, like tea sweetened with honey. And Sensual Amber from BBW was a good guide but sweeter and fruitier. I'm Happy with my purchase :)

xemilybx
xemilybx

This is one of my favourite fragrances! I like how this fragrance is very fruity and fresh. I have ran out of this perfume, and I find it very hard to get over here in the UK, so Im going to keep searching for it until I find it!

fighter
fighter

Very disappointed.

I don't know if this is because I purchased an old bottle and this has turned rancid, or because I'm more used to vanilla-base fragrances, but this smells awkward to me.

At first spry, the first three seconds I get a sweet-woodsy english tea accord. After it, it unleash a quite overpowering smell of rotten mangos that lasts several time...and this is quite disturbing! In the dry down phase, this perfume starts to turn more tolerable and interesting with a lighter fruity, spicy and amber accord. The problem is that after one hour you can't smell it anymore...

Sure very different form the crowd-pleasant-vanilla-celebrity-scents, but in this case I'm not sure this is a good thing.

teadrinker
teadrinker

This fragrance isn't bad. I wasn't sure what I would think of it, but I like it more than I thought it would (I, too, had to get over the Hilary Duff thing). People who describe it as soft are so right- this scent was tremendously soft on me. It was so soft, in fact, that I almost couldn't smell it, even after I'd just put it on. I really do like the scent of coconut milk mixed with wood. It's a nice and somewhat unusual fragrance. I just wish that it was stronger. If it was stronger I'd purchase a full bottle.

GoldDustedWoman
GoldDustedWoman

I get compliments from men when I wear this. It use to be my favorite, but I have found a lot better that i wear more. I still own it though. It's a solid go to scent.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

when i first smelled it at the airport dutyfree shop i was crazy about it and eager to have it, i guess i liked it a lot due to the woody notes. I got it finally, liked the smell so much but the sillage and longevity were weak, so sad!

Laurdess
Laurdess

People dislike this yet say it smells like Amyris Homme? Something just aint right folks.

peachypixie
peachypixie

With Love smells like a cup of tea. The bottle is very beautiful, too, as lovely as the perfume inside.

It's definitely a step away from the typical floral/fruity or vanilla-based celeb fare. This posh and pretty scent gets a 'love' from me.

Dee5
Dee5

I'm not sure whether I got an old bottle of this but it smells of straight up alcohol. I ordered from fragrancenet and it is not good at all. I am thinking of returning it.

You guys want to hear BLASPHEMY? *giggles*

I just layered this over vintage Cuir de Russie extrait (oh yes I did!). It's kind of delicious. Now it's sweet and badass, leather and drizzled white chocolate. Smells like a fun night to me ;)

mistykerryn
mistykerryn

I'm wearing a sample of this from a tester from a store right now. I can definitely smell the woods and spices in this, and also the slightest hint of sweet mango. To me this is a very unique scent, definitely a "grown up" fragrance. It is not my cup of tea, I wouldn't wear this it's not my style, but I can appreciate it as being quite a nice perfume.

christ0pher
christ0pher

My favorite scent so far. I'm still very new and only starting to learn about perfumes and after reading what other's had to say of this one I decided to try.

With Love is beautiful and warm. To me it smells like a large gold platter of freshly spiced and glazed tropical fruits at sunset with vanilla candles wafting in the foreground. Very exotic and relaxing, comforting too. It's a great mood booster, it whisks you somewhere far away just with a sniff.

I live in Puerto Rico and on my dry skin it has a nice second skin sillage, not too close, I can smell it on myself for quite a bit and whenever I give my friends or such a hug I get compliments, no one ever believes me when I say it's a celebrity frag! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to maybe try something new and not harsh at all.

Lynea
Lynea

I bought this stuff from Marshall's on sale. It was one of the few bottles you could smell first before buying. I was happy with it right away, and since then, I've never grown tired of it. This had the woodsy and fruity scent balance that I had been searching for and found where I least expected it. I went back and bought more before running out.

After getting passed the fact that I had purchased a "Hillary Duff" parfum, I was actually pleased with the quality. I hate the commercial. Please disregard the commercial. The perfume, on the other hand, is surprisingly tasteful. This is nothing against Ms. Duff --- who I know nothing about. I couldn't name a single song she sings, but the perfume is quite nice.

It has a base of woodsy and spice --- which I CRAVE, but it is all introduced with a lovely delicate fruit scent, which is apparently mango. It is best described as a light oriental, with enough balance to be a classic. That's meant to be as huge a compliment as it sounds. It is a steady winner; I can always go to it and find that it is appropriate for day or night, casual or formal. As far as celebrity fragrances, this stands out from all of them. It is surprisingly a steady classy mark and can be worn for any woman, any age, who likes soft classic scents, but wants something more modern, and spicy. The spicy, fruity and musk scents are fairly equally balanced. This ends up smelling very accessible because the personality is so balanced and softening to its own softly sweet personality.

faireybeliever
faireybeliever

I'm surprised that so many people dislike this perfume, as this was pretty much my gateway into it all...
On me it lasts around 7.5 hours, but stays relatively close to my body. It's never over powering, and it feels like a warm hug of spices and leather. The middle is very vanilla-y to me with musk. Very soft sweet smell to my nose, with the mango scents coming in toward the later hours of wearing it. This has been a favorite of mine for awhile, and I'll admit I horde bottles of it.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I am an oriental lover and purchased this blind based on the reviews here. For me this was a spectacular stone-cold fail.

It smells like a piece of coconut slice that has been covered in furniture polish. But the true horror was the dry down when it took on the scent that I get when emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag.

A thousand thumbs down!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Really a cute fragrance. I'm not really getting a candle scent but it's very unique to my nose. I smell the spice maybe at times and this is definitely a unisex fragrance. Definitely something I would wear on occasion. It's got a decent lasting power as well I sprayed it on at night and smelled it still in the morning. Impressive little inexpensive gem great for guy or girl.

tahoeaway
tahoeaway

This perfume is a wonderful sweet and spicy oriental. I originally purchased it when it first came out in 2006 (already in my 30's) and have loved it ever since. Out of all the perfumes I've ever worn this is by far the one that gets the most compliments! Even my 75 year old Aunt loved it so much she started wearing it too, she also said she gets compliments once a week wearing it. It completely has lasting ability and it only takes a small spritz to really appreciate it.

BurntNugget
BurntNugget

Very first thought of this perfume: YUCK. I'm a person who's open to a lot of scents but this one by far is the most terrible scent i have ever smelled. I tried it a few times actually and i just can't get passed how gross it smells. When first applied it smells like really strong spices (in a bad way) mixed with a load of liquorice even though liquorice isn't listed. After about 15 minutes all i can smell is liquorice. I also got a hint of incense as well. This perfume gives me an instant headache and makes me very nauseated. I would not reccomend it to anyone. I just can't believe how bad it is. I see no positive aspects of this perfume.

kiristarr
kiristarr

It DOES smell like a Bath and Body Works candle! Holy smokes! Someone said that Hillary wanted her fragrance to smell like her favorite candle, and I believe it! That's not to say that her fave candle was from B&BW, but it sure does smell like it! Not an off-putting scent by any means, but it is what it is (which to reiterate, is a Bath and Body Works candle).

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

This is one nasty perfume. Smells like toilet paper.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

EDIT - July 2014 - Seems I once again have a sweet tooth for fragrance and this is not near as sweet as others I have grown to love. This is a beautiful fragrance and though I still detect no mango or coconut, rather more of a creamy and well blended sandalwood with florals, I DO love it! Still not my idea of a spicy oriental, it is a lovely fruity/floral with LOTS of quality sandalwood. I still find it a sillage beast which I will gladly take over fragranced water any day. Am now using it to actually tone and jazz up some of my sweeter fragrances lacking sandalwood:)

This is not my idea of a spicy oriental. First, what I like about it - well blended, smells richer than the price, impressive for a celeb designer scent, first blast of top notes smells like a highly expensive candle while sandalwood is still present for about 10 minutes only. It is a sillage Godzilla. Incredibly gorgeous bottle.

What I do not like - It is a sillage Godzilla. I enjoy sweet fragrances but this one fast becomes nauseating; an instant migraine inducer. It is so syrupy everything else gets lost. I rack my brain for anything sweeter I've come across in my years and this one is the topper, even above 80's Giorgio. (ugh) All I can smell is a mild caramel, slightly buttered popcorn drenched in honey, like someone at the factory accidentally spilled an entire cup of sweet in one bottle, and I am not fan of gourmands. Old school glam and sophistication for me only please; I do not care to smell like food with the exclusion of a few fruits necessary for my oriental frag loving nose. I detect no coconut or mango, which is good because mango and my skin do not get along.

I will hold onto it for one reason only. If I can manage to only squirt one pin drop from the bottle, it might be a fantastic layer for blind buys I like but find too dry or masculine. As horribly sweet as this is, that may be impossible as it would likely overwhelm anything underneath. Great try Miss Duff and much better than your counterparts, but the sweet is knocking me down. Oh my..., it's just tooo much tooo sweeeet. I have a toothache just writing about it. I only wish this would smell good on me and I could love it.

Elisa S
Elisa S

To me, the most dominant note is, by far, creamy coconut - but coconut is not listed at all...

liana34900
liana34900

I don't like it.

It smells weird... like they've mixed non-matching ingredients together. I think it's gross

thatamiti
thatamiti

is this sweet? I mean, "creamy" sweet?

aliora
aliora

I remember when I first sniffed this, I originally thought it was too strong, but it immediately mellowed out and became what I recognize as a transparent kind of oriental. I don't get any of the fruits. On me, this is mostly spice from the beginning all the way to the end, and I LOVE that. My one qualm with it would be that it simply doesn't last. I once read in an interview with Hillary that she was inspired by an Amber candle of hers that she really liked, and interestingly enough, there is a candle-like quality to this as if a candle was in fact lit. I'm also noticing that there's a salty-caramel affect that it has as well. While I'm not the fondest of celebrity perfumes in general, this is one that's incredibly well done.

dododo
dododo

Wow, what a difference a fragrance makes!
On me, I don't smell anything spicy or fruity.
The beginning is very creamy and soft.
The more it starts to develop, the more woodsy/leathery it gets.
I don't know, it reminds of a hug from my ex boyfriend when he was wearing his leather jacket.
I cannot wear this during summer (too heavy and warm), during fall/winter this really comes to life.
When I don't know what fragrance to wear, 4 out of 5 times this will be the one I reach for.
This gets much love from me.

kittenssecret
kittenssecret

I received this perfume as a gift for Christmas after it came out around 2005-2006. I was 9 years old and this was my first "real" perfume that wasn't from Bath & Body Works, ect. Being a big Hilary Duff fan, I wore this perfume every where I went and it was my favorite for years. It smelt like vanilla and musk to my young nose. Until something happened to my bottle and made all of the liquid turn dark yellow and oily looking. It actually looked like olive oil. So I threw it out, and now later on in my life I have re-purchased the larger 1.7oz bottle and it doesn't smell the same. It's very strong and nasty smelling. I don't know if maybe I have changed and just can't wear it anymore or if I had purchased an old bottle but I will not be buying this again anytime soon.

Just a small warning: I believe this perfume was made around 2005-2006 and I'm not sure if the fragrance is still being produced or not but if you buy it online or from a discount counter be sure to sample it first to make sure it's fresh. I think a lot of places are carrying old bottles.

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

I used to love this scent. I haven't smelled it in a few years but I wore it on my wedding day. It was the perfect accompaniment to a very crisp, romantic December day. I remember thinking it was vanilla and cedar, so seeing the notes listed at the top kind of confuse me. I didn't get any spice at all.

It was very lovely though and I may attempt to hunt some down, just for the sentiment of having it again.

Grimly Fiendish
Grimly Fiendish

This perfume has been with me for years: I first smelled a sample of it in a magazine when it first came out and I haven't been without a bottle since!

It isn't your typical celebrity scent: it is sweet, but the spices, amber and cocobolo wood really come through. I also get a slight undertone of licorice, even though it isn't listed.

I get quite a lot of compliments when I wear this(from people of every age and gender!), so I cannot complain about the sillage. It also lasts a good 5-6 hours on me.

I can't believe this has been discontinued, it's so beautiful. I'll continue to snag bottles online super cheap and horde them forever!

There I go, rantin' and a-ravin'. In short: this is a lovely, atypical celebrity scent that is sweet, warm, grown-up and woody.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

I do not get spices or mango or blossoms of any kind from this. Amber and musk? Maybe. I can imagine those. Mostly a long, drawn-out coconut and chemicals. Those notes aren't listed, though. 5 hours and just as strong as at 5 minutes. No longevity problems here. Lovely bottle.

encylia
encylia

I used to love this perfume, but now i feel like i've grown out of it. I just don't really like it at all anymore, maybe it is because i'm older. but i would love to try the newer version of this perfume!

marisaisela
marisaisela

This perfume reminded me of Colorado in the winter, where everyone comes to ski and drink. I was instantly transported to some ski lodge bar, surrounded by wood and steaming cups of apple cider.

And having said that, this perfume is spicy in the same way apple cider is spicy. The juice is still very sweet (and this perfume is very very sweet), but the spices round it out and give it more dimension. This plus the woodiness is what makes this more than just a fruity body spray you find at Bath and Body Works. It's quite interesting, yummy, and elegant.

It's ideal for colder weather, on days when you want to smell like something drinkable and warm. Though I like the scent, it's definitely not something I would want to smell like every day. Do not expect spicy mango paradise in a bottle.

soonflower
soonflower

Unfortunately I don't get any spices.
It's not oriental, it's not warm or sweet.
I don't know, maybe my bottle was fake or old but I couldn't smell anything. All I could detect was a faint cough syrup smell.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I have to totally agree with belle2.0.. woody, spicy, sweet, warm,..

I get yummy chai - sweet cinnamon caramel-ish vibe.. I love it

freddinos
freddinos

My experience with 'With Love' was unfortunately very different from all the creamy, sweet or smooth descriptions. On my skin I get a blend of mint and curry spices on a masculine base. It is not a bad scent, it's just the opposite of its name in my opinion. I would expect it to be called 'strong and powerful' or 'mature and wise'. I wanted it to work so much... Would recommend to lovers of unisex, cool and sugar free scents!

dbrii24
dbrii24

I'm not big on celebrity scents or designer scents for that matter, but With Love is something special to me. This fragrance has held a special place in my heart since its debut 7 years ago and probably always will.

With Love is a gorgeous oriental spicy perfume. It's a dreamy blend of amber, spices and mango. I love it! I find it very exotic and tropical. It's impressive and well worth buying. I don't understand all of the "cheap" comments I see on this forum about this gem. If you're talking price, then yes. Otherwise, I don't get it because this is unique and well made in my opinion. It's not your typical celeb fragrance and super sweet it is not. It has excellent longevity and the silage is so damn beautiful. By the way, this is coming from someone who has completely crossed over to the niche side. To me With Love is a genuine find.

sophia.mo.8
sophia.mo.8

Caramelesque, creamy and fruity at the same time. Lovely, but much too sweet for me. Anybody who'd like to swap, pm me!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A very flirty fragrance that reminds me of a fruit steamed in butter, a very creamy scent. The mango stands out throughout the entire staying power of this perfume for me, while the amber and musk pop out to surprise you. It only lasts about four hours with two sprays for me and then completely disappears. Very disappointing in the longevity for such a creamy fragrance.
I'd say it's more of a mid-Oriental, not so light to be frivolous or young and certainly not heavy at all. The musk envelops you enough to give this a bit of mystique.
A very pretty fragrance to wear year-round. I actually love the bottle it's in. I think it's so pretty for such a little price.

I've already mentioned that the notes are wrong. Don't know whose responsibility it is but I found it very misleading when mangosteen note is substituted by mango or ginger/butterfly lily by ginger (Cabotine).

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Very pretty, very soft, creamy fragrance. I am not sure how anyone could compare this to the much spicier, bolder Angel. I don't smell any similarity at all.

At first sniff I smell honey or maple syrup. I assume this is the mango I'm smelling. Next comes the smell of the cocobolo wood which has the smell of a rose being cut or the soft smell of an old baseball glove. All very nice when combined with the amber. I don't really smell any spiciness at all other than what comes from the cocobolo.

While this is a "nice" scent I don't see anything special about it.

Edit: The review above was written in July and it is now October. What a difference a season makes!! This perfume is suddenly the most gorgeous, spicy, almost resinous fragrance I own. I smell none of what I described above. and I love it more than ever.
I totally understand all the differing descriptions in the reviews here now. If you don;'t care for it this season try it again later.

az1989
az1989

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I expected it to be very fruity and while it does start out that way it turns into a softer, warm scent. Not overwhelming but does last on me for about 3 hours! This is good since for me most perfumes are non-traceable in about an hour.

love45
love45

This is a sweet perfume! I don't smell spices at all but I do smell coconut which is not even this perfume. However, it is a yummy scent and mature! I really like and I would recommend it.It has a tropical vibe going on as well! :)

Update: I finally smell the spices in it lol and also it is a very warm scent. The spices in it sort of reminds me of Rebelle by Rihanna. It makes it very sexy to wear! I'm almost out so I have to stock up another bottle ASAP!!! It is also not the typical celeb perfume. Hilary did a great job with this perfume! ;)

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Another blind swap. It's an okay fragrance; very safe, nothing offensive. It's not bad but it's nothing remarkable. My nose is getting trained to crave remarkable. Even if it's just to me. I want a fragrance that's distinct. While there is a time and place for various perfumes, I would file this one under office friendly or wearing to my place of worship. So overall, no regrets. It's a cool "like".

NicoleO
NicoleO

Warm and spicy, but as I am not a fan of mango I could not wear this. I do love the bottle though.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

this is wonderful, I normally don't like warm spicy scents but this one is wonderful to me, It has a fruity, sweet spicy smell to it too! I always liked the hilary duff perfume, altho it is more grown up and sexy and not something I would really go for I find it to be well done, the notes seem to mesh well together, It has great staying power too! I like the smell of this in the fall. I spray it on my scarfs and it just smells wonderful even after a week or so. only bad thing is I cant find this anywhere anymore.

Iva Vendetta
Iva Vendetta

I fell for this immediately. Feels like liquid cashmere and smells even better.

It was a sample and then I had to have it! I really need to go get some more - it really is a lovely feminine scent that leaves you wanting more.

A mermaid fragrance...long, seaweed tangled hair, droplets of ocean, sand scraps, and the moon shining down on the smiling ocean!

fawn.rasmussen.1
fawn.rasmussen.1

I love this perfume, I have gotten a few compliments on it when I wear it out :) The smell of it reminds me of being in the woods. This was not an expensive perfume either, I bought a 50ml bottle for $19 and it was well worth the money!

Lvsents
Lvsents

I also loved this one at first sniff and wished I could take a bath in it. It is gorgeous. I did want a stronger version though, it was so nice. Very different from the rest in that there is no horrible synthetic blackberry or raspberry note here. Very linier which I prefer. Exactly like an imagined spicy tropical island. Better than fantasy or wonder struck. Sorry to hear it may be discontinued. It would be fantastic if you could get this smell using no synthetics. I think perfumes should be divided into categories ( synthetic and natural). There is a very big difference in the cost of manufacture and consumers should know before paying up to 100 $. What do you think.

urbanexotic
urbanexotic

I wish I would have listened to the people who said that it reminded them of Angel. I bought it at TJ Maxx without sampling it first and I regret it. All I smell is the exact same burned anise/bitter chocolate blast that I get from Angel. I treally wish I could detect some of the softer notes that others are enjoying with this fragrance. On me this is just a constant cloying sharp note. I'll be returning it ASAP.

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

This was a pleasant surprise!!!! I was expecting this to smell like any fruity perfume out there but since it has woods notes (love woods) I thought I'd give it a try.
It is sweet but not tooth aching sweet...it is not lollipops, cotton candy, and pink unicorns sweet...it's like a fruit sprinkled with a tiny bit of brown sugar sweet!

It is not a loud perfume...it is soft but the person next to you can smell you...my coworker said that she felt creepy breathing in deeply just to smell my perfume. She could smell me and she was sitting across of me in the lunch table. She said I smelled Devine!!!

To me there is something comical about this scent...there is a note that smells a bit like faint pee but I like it (the note not pee); I actually get the same type of note with Noa perfume which is one of my favorites...the wood notes, to me, smell a bit like cardboard which I also like!! Weird right? In some perfumes, Wood notes remind me of cardboard, so it is not only in this perfume.

Longetivity on me is incredible!!! It lasted all work day and it was a cool day. I am so exited because I usually have to spritz myself in the middle of the day because perfumes dont last on me at all and I didn't have to with this one...in fact, I still was getting whiffs of the scent at night...I sprayed it at 7:15 am and at 9pm and I was still able to smell it on me without pressing my nose on my body parts lol.

Don't let my description of this pretty warm scent influence you in a negative way from trying it. It is such a pretty soft perfume! I think is suitable for any age!!! It Is perfect to wear to school and work (it is not a sophisticated perfume so I guess it depends what you do as a profession). I imagine a pretty woman in a white dress wearing this. I would wear this in a casual setting, a cute casual date, day or night. I will wear this all year round!!!I will deffinetely repurchase, however, I believe this is discontinued so I will buy another backup ASAP!!

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

What a surprise! I found this at Marshalls for $5.99 and I picked it up because I liked the price. This is very mature without being "old lady". This smells like rich spices, maybe like cardamom and cumin and woods. I will honestly say this is surprising that it is a celeb scent. Normally when that is said, it is because it's not some ho hum fruit salad, but this to me, actually smells like it could have come out of a designer house. It's a bit light, but today is a cold rainy day so maybe it'll be stronger when it warms up. If you like spicy scents ( I'd say this gives me the same spice and woods that Versace Crystal Noir did, and is honestly more interesting) Then you cannot go wrong with this one.

a.novy
a.novy

What a nice perfume, which is funny because I am always wary of celebrity perfumes. So far my favorites are Britney Spears and this one, With Love. I can definitely smell the woody and the spicy element, which smell beautiful on my skin. For me, this is a night perfume. I would wear this out on a date with my fiancé. It does not smell like a "teen" perfume and lasts hours on me.

bbwfan1234
bbwfan1234

Did not like this. It was sickly sweet on my skin.

Memi_La
Memi_La

This was a blind buy for me, after reading many reviews I decided to try it. On my skin, it seems like the cocobolo and amber notes really cling to me most, which I guess is a good thing in this case because it doesn't smell very sweet on me (which seems to be what most people's complaints are). The mangosteen is a little strong but just at first at first, then softens up a bit and mixes well with the cocobolo and amber. This is a perfume where body chemistry seems to really be a factor in whether you'll like it or not but I'd say it's worth a try. Definitely a well made and, frankly, underrated celebrity scent.

Psiclops
Psiclops

I was hopeful that I would love it based on the reviews. I bought it blind from TJ Maxx for six or seven dollars 'cause the price was right.

Alas, all I got was apricot jelly on my skin. Maybe it was the mangosteen. In any case, I didn't pick up any of the other notes mentioned here. I'm sure it's possible it was an older bottle that had turned, but it didn't work for me. I gave it to a coworker to give to her little seven year old girl. I figured if nothing else she could appreciate the pretty bottle.

lindsaylohan
lindsaylohan

I really wanted to like this fragrance, but the scent just isn't it. I purchased it initially because the bottle is beautiful and looks great on my dresser (plus the packaging is gorgeous) but the scent itself is underwhelming and sickly sweet. This smells like straight up sugar and vanilla, its almost identical to the brown sugar vanilla body scrub I purchased from bodycology a few years back. I'm not sure at what point the other notes are suposed to kick in because it even dries down to a faint sugary amber. Definitely better for fall and winter wear as it can become overwhelming and syrupy in the heat.

icecube
icecube

OOO - Promissing beginning - it feels very gourmand - a fruitcake with honey and dried fruits. An note that is a bit candylike - might be the cocobolo wood - very special and wonderful.
Cant smell much spices - mostly warm and cuddly as the amber and musk linger in the bakground.
This is the kind of perfume that would work for every occation - both formal and party.
I think it would suit a vide agerange - and also a perfume that many ppl would find just right.
A pitty is it discontinued - but that seems to happen to most good pefrumes these days.

[email protected]
nellyrlight@aol.com

very pretty and seductive scent..but not a huge quality in my humble opinion.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

This is a very lovely pleasant scent this scent smells like fresh spices and mango all the way throughout the perfume I figured when I first go this it was gonna be another candy mess like Justin beiber but it's actually very sophisticated and grown up amazing scent so sad they discontinued it :( 9/10

misslovely
misslovely

I'm very surprised this fragrance is discontinued, its very nice. I'm usually attracted to florals or fruity florals but once I tried this fragrance I started appreciating orientals. It's a very nice, musky, woodsy amber scent. Not that sweet, but the fruit note adds a little sweetness in the opening. The dry down is very warm and spicy amber. I love it!

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

This was a blind buy, and I LOVE it. It smells almost exactly like a Body Shop fragrance I owned in the late 1990s, Japanese Hot Springs. With Love has the rare and excellent combination of low sillage and high longevity, at least on me. I'll be keeping an eye out for a backup bottle, as I just have the 15 ml.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

Oh my god, I was reading about this a lot here, wanted to try it ever since, last time I had it on paper, and I liked it, it was worm, reminded me a little bit by dolce vita of christian Dior, today I applied it directly on my skin and i got this lineal scent, something like warm Turkish coffee powder withe a lot of sugar, smelt very cheap and silly on me, but for the right body maybe it will turn out nice. not for blind buys.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I still have it, tiny bit, what I managed to save after an atomiser broke and I realized that it started evaporating. I had only a tiny bottle, 15 ml, bought it for £5. I always adored the bottle, the fragrance... Not so much. I tried it when it first came out, didn't like it at all, bought it a few years later (2010 probably), for the bottle mainly. The fragrance is different, doesn't really remind me of anything. I did wear it a few times, but it gives me a head ache and if over applied - makes my stomach churn. So I wasn't wearing it much, then the bottle broke. Well, it's hardly massive loss.
Spices, spices and someting that I though was a pear, but must be a mango.

eggchel
eggchel

This perfume sounded like something I would love, so when I saw it in Marshall's at a great price, I bought myself a bottle. Unfortunately, there's something headache-inducing, stomach-turning about it. I can't quite place what this something is, but it is quite off-putting. I gave this one away.

lindseyjandoli
lindseyjandoli

The first time I smelled this, years ago. I knew I needed to have it. For some reason, the second time I smelled it I shied away... It smelled kind of sharp and cloying for me. Regardless, I found a really cheap small bottle and just purchased it, in hopes that I would change my mind. I haven't. While, I still feel like I "like" it, its so alcohol-y and sharp to me in the beginning. I want this to be my best friend's or sister's signature scent where I don't have to smell it in the very beginning, but after it drys down a bit. I'm going to experiment tonight with it and see how I feel about the dry down. Maybe it can be one that I spray behind the knees after my shower before I go out for the night. I'm not giving up on it, I wanna love With Love, too!!

KittyCute
KittyCute

C'mon girls! Let's not exaggerate :-o . I don't understand all these "so negative" comments,,, Despite that I take in mind that everyone has their own skin chemistry (with all respect). This is high-quality perfume for gourmand scent lovers. "With Love" starts with sweet (like brown sugar) and slightly faint / light tropical mangosteen notes. After that little bit later spices and mango blossom adds very comfortable feeling and warmth. I got impression that this spicy mix includes in little proportions: almond, nutmeg, cinnamon, cacao, vanilla and maybe coconut . During the next stage fragrance starts smell more and more like delicious creamy / buttery vanilla cream ,still keeping slightly the previous notes in the air. Then it turns to light woody scent with cocobolo wood and noticeably amber notes. From this stage fragrance starts smell quite unisex and in the dry-down ending part gets more gentle masculine notes in the background. It doesn't smell like typical men's cologne at all, sweet and musk with blossom notes keep it more feminine! Only if a man wants to smell like a most delicious cupcake. All stages replace each other very gentle and quite patiently, there's nothing that screams out or has any rude edges in this elegant composition. During dry-down I also noticed kind of caramel and "chai latte" stable aura. Very pleasant experience. It's not overpowering at all, actually close to skin scent after 2 hours -Perfect for office too!. I'm purchased this perfume in january and honestly I'm asking: " How this one gets " fall / winter -cold season's " scent category?!...Are you serious?!,,,Really? NO! It's too gentle / too light for a winter! I will use it from late April until October only :) Lot's of respect to creator (Elizabeth Arden). The best proof also that it's one of the best celebrities perfumes on the market is that some users compare it to Bulgary, Versace, Ralph Louren and other luxury scents. Give it another try (and not on a piece of paper!). I think "With Love" could be even more concentrate perfume. I LOVE IT. Thank You Hilary!

jessbug
jessbug

I love it. It's warm and rich and a complete comfort scent for me. It reminds me of a Body Shop home fragrance called 'Cashmere', which I can't find anywhere anymore.

I'm not sure what mangosteen smells like, but I can't smell any mango in this at all, so I'm with bobo1 and perfumebox on that one.

The perfumer, Rodrigo Flores-Roux, is responsible for another favorite celebrity scent of mine: Britney Spears' Hidden Fantasy. I'm definitely going to check into some of his other perfumes!

4.8/5

xrayer
xrayer

Wow am I glad I found this little gem! It was a blind but but at only NZ$20 for a 30ml was a bargain. I'm not sure I get all the notes listed but it started out as a delightfully sweet, warm wood and has dried down to a gorgeous amber. I didn't find it very spicy but love it all the same. I may have to go and buy another so I have a back up. I can see myself reaching for this more and more as we head in to autumn.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

I have this in in a 4ml edp rollerball. Perfect size to sample before I buy full size.

With Love is dried fruit dipped in jam and syrup topped sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. It might sound cloying, but it's actually pleasant. Sillage is poor, and staying power is moderate.

This is decent juice, but I wouldn't buy full size.

bobo1
bobo1

There is no mango in "With Love" notes but MANGOSTEEN and MANGOSTEEN BLOSSOM which are NOWHERE NEAR close to mango. The listed mango notes are an error.
Just like perfumebox mentioned.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I was dying to test hillary duff with love, first of all,i'm a huge fan.. and i've read so many good reviews about it wich intrigued me much more,i was trying to find it in a swapp,but i know it is very cheap,so i there was no way i would give one perfume much more expensive for this,so now i've made a swapp recentlly and a dear menber gave e a decant of it i was so pleased to her,unfortunelly i dislike it,but happy,to don't loose my head swapping one of my fumes for this,or even purchase it!! It's odd!! My friends didn't like it eithet,i mean they really hated it,and so did i!! I usually don't like spice scents at all,but there are some exceptions,this one is really spicy in my skin,and it smells a lot like ginger and cardamon.. in my skin it smells simmilar to bvlgari omnia(the brown one) wich i hate,and simmillar to thierry mugler womanity,wich i also used to hate,now i kind like.. well this is my opinion,but as much as i dislike i admit, this definnelly has much personallity.. just advice for who never tried,don't blindbuy,try before you buy if you can..

Alle Homme
Alle Homme

I think, this is similar to BVLGARI JASMIN NOIR, and I like them both.

fyetan
fyetan

I blind bought this as a "spicy mango" based on the reviews...
Definitely spicy, but I'm not picking up the mango too much. It's almost not even fruity, just some spicy + something I can't pinpoint. It's not sweet though.
Sillage is very weak, I don't regret the buy because it was cheap ($7 for 15mL) and I don't have anything like it, I just don't love it (I gravitate more towards sweet fruity).
Boyfriend liked it though. He said my other fragrances were like what a happy girl would wear, and this one was like what a mysterious woman would. That must count for something, right?

Based on two sprays on one arm:
Longevity/sillage: soft for 0.5 hours and then skin scent for about 3 hours.

bailarina
bailarina

Yeap, not a lot of sillage, but I like the woodyness. I'm bias here because I love woody scents, but this smells better than I thought it would. I bought it for $5.99/.5oz and I'm glad I did. It smells very cute to me, like when you lean over a freshly bathed baby in a crib to caress her/him. (must be the woods) I love it!

chrisndema
chrisndema

Sillage is weak but it compensates by its allure. best described as savoury. I smell good to eat! an aphrodisiac for sure.

Lodestar
Lodestar

Love this fragrance! Warm, cozy and non headache inducing (which I am prone to from fragrances). I like it because it's non offensive and warm. Great to wear on days when you don't want to face the world but go to work anyway. Really cozy fragrance. So sad it's being discontinued.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Warm, spicy, woody..... I get a very little mango in the opening notes that adds a tropical feel to the top notes, but this isn't overwhelmingly citrus/tropical. It is mostly a dark, rich, velvety wood with some spice, and some musk in the dry down. Amazing for winter, this is the perfect fragrance for curling up by the fire. So cozy!

themorrigan
themorrigan

Wow, i have been looking forward to getting this for ages.
I made a blind buy, and my the spices are strong on me.
I can barely smell anything else :(

patxaran
patxaran

This is the first celebrity scent in my collection. I am quite impressed. I do agree with one other user here that I can detect something in common with Ralph Lauren Hot, which I bought years ago and didn't like so much in the end I gave it away, just to regret it!! Yes I do get some fig here and some coconut too alongside the mango fruitiness. Nice for summer I think.

Cristian*and*Luis2013
Cristian*and*Luis2013

I bought this on a blind buy after Christmas of 2010. The gift set which included a 3.4oz, a .5mini and a smallish shower gel and body lotion for $10. I just couldn't pass it up at that price. I was so suprised that I fell in LOVE with this scent!! To me, I get spice, a creamy coconut note, amber and possibly mango? If you like Twilight Woods or Luscious Kisses by Victoria's Secret you will love this frag. It's actually very similar to Luscious Kisses. I don't care whatever celebrity plasters his/her face on a scent, I judge it for the SCENT only. This is a great fragrance for a cheap price. If you happen to find this on sale, grab it if you like warm, creamy amber scents!

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I have to give Hilary Duff thumbs up for this one! I never ever look into direction of celebrity fragrances ( there a couple of exceptions ), but my sister in law who was 13 at the time got this and I sprayed some out of curiosity and WOW, this is very unique especially for someone as young as Hilary Duff. The smell is nothing like the fruit juice stinker that you would expect from a celebrity fragrance, it's very grown up and interesting.

JKKJ19
JKKJ19

I really want to smell this perfume. I can't find it anywhere in the UK. Does anyone know where they sell it? :)

Thatkid
Thatkid

So sad they discontinued this. I have a small bottle that I save for special occasions. It makes me feel pretty.

Coffeelover64
Coffeelover64

Bought this blind based on reviews here and the fact that I usually love fruit, spice, amber and musk. Turns out it just doesn't work for me. There is some contradiction between the wood and the fresh/sharp fruit. Something in this smells a bit like pee. I'm not getting the smooth, milky creaminess others have mentioned and I wanted. I guess I'll just stick with Twilight Woods which smells much nicer on me.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I expected this one to smell a little different than it does, but it isn't bad. It could be great, but I can smell the amber immediately and it is almost too prominent - I am starting to think that amber and my skin have a love/hate relationship. However, the soft spices and warmth save this. Although I don't actually smell chai latte, it does have that kind of chai latte vibe for me - smooth, warm, relaxing. Not an especially bold or daring scent, but not totally boring either. I will wear it occasionally, I am sure, but after getting my hopes up reading the reviews I was looking for something a little bit different... Oh well, at least I got it for next to nothing!

Not too far from being unisex! Speaking of the drydown only, this is not too sweet and there isn't much of a floral presence. The dominant theme is fruity/spicy with a nice wood note in the background (has some sandalwood-like qualities). The fruity/spicy element has a bit of a "dark" quality that is really good, and I don't get any "synthetic" aspect to it either! The strength and longevity are great. I'm very surprised but definitely "in a good way." Sure it's not complex but for what I'm guessing the perfumers had to work with this gets an A+.

Pinknika
Pinknika

I'm surprised by this perfume. This was a blind buy. I was hoping for a really cozy warm and snuggly type fragrance, it's very summery to me, I get coconut, vanilla and hint of wood. I was hoping more wood like deep and earthy, this is more like driftwood off a tropical beach. Most reviewers say that this is great for fall/winter and I have to disagree. I will be wearing this in the spring/summer.

reema_3ali
reema_3ali

It always smelled so beautiful on my mom and sister. It was such a beautiful oriental, but on me I got rotten mangoes, which is strange since usually perfume works the same on me and my mom. This one is a tricky one, don't blind buy! You need to test it out, it might not be for you.

Kyi
Kyi

Just got this as a blind buy and smelled it for the first time, totally not what I had expected from reading the description. Well.. actually.. I suppose the description is pretty spot on, it's only my expectation of what it smelled like was different. My first thoughts on this... it is a very strong scent. Almost masculine smelling or after shave-ish. It does have a warm spicy smell, like herbs and incense, and a slight tropical smell, although I cannot make out what it is specifically. I do not know what cocobolo smells like, but I will assume it is that strong, woody smell that holds all the other notes together. It does smell oriental and kinda exotic and somewhat mature, not sure if this is quite my taste but it is not unpleasant. This is not a sweet, lolipop and flowers perfume, I kind of picture Cleopatra wearing this or even a witch/alchemist or something.

kimmiiix
kimmiiix

This perfume has a lovely scent, but is really strong it gave me a headache.

FranFran
FranFran

This fragrance is very nicely done, its one of my favourites and the bottle looks really classy. It smells very tropical, almost coconut-ish. It reminds me of Lady Million, I have no idea why! When I first saw the notes I expected it to be a sillage monster, but its actually very soft and has slightly above average lasting power. I just wish it could love me as much as I love it though, it smells terrible on me! It smells like rotten mango covered in sawdust, it just doesn't mix well with me at all! But the scent itself is really nice and unique, and doesn't smell cloying at all. I give a 7/10, and is more suitable for autumn and MAYBE spring.

fullbottleworthy

If you smelled this blind, you would NEVER guess it was a celebrity scent. This is one of my favorite perfumes ever and I have 3 bottles! It is so gorgeous. There is a hint of juicy mango, a bit of spice, and that gorgeous cocobolo wood is to die for. It is the softest, most beautiful wood I can imagine smelling. Just incredible. I can spray a LOT of this on because it's so soft, but I kinda like dousing myself in it and then relaxing to the gorgeous scent filling me up. I find it absolutely irresistible. It's the best celebrity scent out there because it smells so different than all that tooty fruity Nicki Minaj crap. Go Hilary!

TheMegan
TheMegan

This perfume was gifted to me a few years ago and its still sitting full on my perfume tray. To me, it smells like rotten fruit. It's very musty and definitely not what was expected.

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

The best celebrety perfume! I love it, i have 2 bottles of it, so warm, comforting, and just so nice, dosnt smell cheap at all. I have no idea how come it was not selling well? Even though it is not fruity-floral it is still very easy to like

suiteladybug

I would even go so far as to say this could be a scent that they sell at Neiman Marcus. The cocobolo in this and the soft spice is making With Love a rich scent. This smells great over a cup of coffee too. I can't stop smelling my wrist and palm.

suiteladybug

Lovely and sophisticated, sweet and sparking, woody and aromatic, with a note we don't often see in perfumes, Cocobolo! This is the perfect first date scent. It's the perfect lounging and relaxing scent, perfect to take with you on trips.This is awesonme! You will use the entire bottle.

perfumebox
perfumebox

VERY grown-up and sophisticated, compared to most of the fruity-sweet or play-it-safe celeb scents in the market! I'm not sure it fits Hilary's image OR the name it's given, but I'm not complaining.

With Love is warmth and smoothness set against a distinct raspy bite of woods and spices to take things up a notch. The mangosteen (NOT mango, as shown in the breakdown above) adds femininity with its tart, honeyed facet, but it doesn't devolve into sugary girliness, so guys who like sweet spicy scents can give this a shot as well.

It's not a huge seller but that's the beauty of it. It's not a generic crowd-pleasing teen fragrance you'll smell on every other person (or your 14 year old niece). That said, I'm buying a backup bottle or two in case it's discontinued soon.

clickingpenguin

I wanted to add to my last review that this perfume doesn't seem to appeal to the masses, which I think is a great thing. I feel like Hilary Duff decided she wouldn't play it safe when she came out out with this, because most celebrities know little about perfume and therefore come out with very recognizable sweet/floral scents. I feel like this perfume was made for a person who doesn't want to smell like everyone else and who understand that there are other good scents out there besides the usual. That's why I love this perfume. I would be very surprised if little thought went into it.

clickingpenguin

I have nothing negative to say about this perfume. I've loved since it came out when I was sixteen and I still love it today! The unique spicy/woodsy smell really attracted me because most celebrity perfumes are either floral or fruity. I just got a 1 fl oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $10. In my opinion, it smells more expensive than $10.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I love this! Another blind buy thanks to Fragrantica. This scent really suits me...a perfect blend of slightly woody,slightly musky,warm and sweet. It looked interesting as it contained notes I hadn't heard of before and the top note I can detect must be the mango blossom and along with the warm amber,it's perfect. It's avaliable in small sizes at a really good price,so well worth trying.

lisarad
lisarad

This opens up with a huge dose of anise. It then transitions to a light amber on me. This reminds me of a clean (because of the anise) warm feeling. It isn't particularly long lasting on me, and I like it...just isn't one I'm going to run to each morning. Clean, spicy, warm. Nice. I do like wearing it to the range...(my son shoots trap), and a heavy floral just doesn't mix well with all that gunpowder.

lily.alexanyan
lily.alexanyan

I love it

celebrity89
celebrity89

Not bad. Beautiful bottle. Smells a little masculine, excactly like the original Mr. Bubbles foam soap from the the 1970s-which smells like Neutrogena Rainbath of today. The bath gel is even better.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

Very classy and well-behaved spicy-oriental scent that I can even wear it daily. I love that it's deep and sinks under the skin (I really hate scents that just attack your nostrils). For me it's a definite case of I'm-wearing-it instead of it-wearing-me. I've read about how good this is for autumn--well I don't live in a four-season country, but this under a damp, rainy cloud is a killer combination.

Cynicalwish

it is a very exotic scent, not tropical though. makes me think of North Africa or Middle East, smells like a market full of baskets with spices and colorful fruits. I like the smell from the bottle and on other people, but on me turns too spicy and woody, what a shame...

carolinedb
carolinedb

One of the few celebrity perfumes I like!

MissMordecai87
MissMordecai87

This used to be a favorite of mine when I was younger. Always smelled just like Fruit Stripe gum to me, but warm. It's not an everyday smell to me. More "special," maybe for like a night out at a play or something.

katushka37

I don't normally go for celebrity perfumes because they just don't appeal to me. However couple of years ago I received a sample of "With love by Hilary Duff" and really enjoyed wearing it.

It smelled like gourmet spiced pear to me.

So I went ahead and purchased a full size bottle of this gorgeous fragrance for about AUD$30 for 100 ml!

It is the least expensive EDP I own but it doesn't smell cheap at all! Unlike a lot of other celebrity creating you always see on sale it doesn't fade to that unpleasant fruity floral note that smells like cheap alcohol. It keeps its warm spicy note and lasts for hours on my skin.

People always comment on how nice I smell and ask me what I am wearing. It smells sweet without being sticky or suffocating. I love wearing it during winter and autumn!

lisaivette
lisaivette

I absolutely love this perfume. I would have never tried this until I found Fragrantica and read the reviews. Prominent coconut note, but not sweet.I will be hoarding this from Tjmaxx.

satisfiednose
satisfiednose

i think this smells great!unfortunately,i misplaced my bottle of it,so i can't use it.to me,it smells warm,if that make sense.it is probably the ONLY spicy smell i like.this is definitely a winter of fall scent,because for a while,i stopped using it,and put it on again in the print,and it just didn't seem right.but of course that fall it seemed amazing.i really recommend it!

suppie
suppie

This scent could pretty much be a unisex scent. It's masculine enough to be a man's scent yet it's soft enough to be a womans. I'm currently wearing it right now and I feel like it's a great scent to start wearing during the transitional fall to winter scent. It's a woodsy vanilla on my skin and it works! I think this would be a perfect scent for anyone who has a very warm undertone to their skin, otherwise it'd just smell like what people said it smells like, wood and cooking spices. This is certainly not the case with me. I bought it back in 2010, I've been putting off this scent for a while now.. I have no clue why though, it's a good scent for it's price.

NoelHeatherVoorhees
NoelHeatherVoorhees

I find it strange that so many people dislike this perfume! I love it, very sexy and warm and woodsy on me. I wear vanilla and wood notes well so it lasts on me. One of my all time favorites, too bad they don't make it anymore.

HeidiLynn

This is my second review on this one, and I'm really deciding I don't like it . The first time, I went out to a BBQ place and the woody-smokey notes seemed to work. There is a cedar-like fragrance that is very strong on me; I assume it is the cocobolo. The spices are OK, but they really are not baking spices, but more like cooking/savory spices. Seriously, as I type this and think about the fragrance--I feel like I was being prepared to be put on the grill; savory spices and smokey woodiness on my skin! There is some ambery-vanilla that comes out toward the end, but it takes forever to finally arrive and doesn't last long enough on me. Good thing it was cheap, and the bottle is pretty--it will probably just be decoration on my dresser :(

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Just bought this blind on a friend's recommendation.

If I say it smells of mangos and tobacco you might think I didn't like it.

However, for some reason, this scent really works. It has a tropical, floral smell with a hint of coconut. It smells rich and even masculine, yet with a soft floral/musk note that stops it being too aftershave-y.

It's unusual and constantly changes as you wear it. I've never smelt anything else to compare to this- it's unique but I liked it very much.

As for the bottle- Wow! If there was an award for best bottle this should win. It looks like a beautiful vintage scent bottle and looks fantastic on my dressing table with it's faceted glass and faux citrine stopper.

HeidiLynn

Got this for a song at TJ Maxx ($6), as the reviews here convinced me it was a worthy blind buy. Unfortunately, my skin is like a black hole for perfume--it sucks in fragrance. I also think I get "blind" to my own perfume, as my daughter said she can smell it on me even when I think it's almost gone. No comments from hubby, though, and he'd be the first to complain if I over-sprayed. So, in my opinion, it is a fairly weak skin-scent with very little sillage--5 sprays in the morning, then 5 more in the afternoon and it was still pretty faint. It also has only modest longevity, about 4-5 hours.

It starts out with spicy raw fruitiness, and I get some unusual spices--almost cooking spices, not baking spices but that disapears rapidly. Then fairly quickly it dries down to a cedar-woodiness (in about the first hour). I assume the cedar smell is the cocobolo wood. It's not a bad smell, but it does remind me of a cedar chest; it is also reminiscent of hard wood smoke from a good, authentic BBQ. Like I've been sitting in front of a hardwood fire. The first night I wore it was to a BBQ joint, so I fit right in :) After another 2 hours or so, the fruitiness comes back along with some musk and vanilla sweetness with amber notes; somewhat like Amber Romance from VS. By the end (5 hours or so) it is almost just pure sweet scent. I know vanilla isn't listed on the notes, but that is definitely what my nose is smelling--maybe it's the mango or mango blossoms?

The bottle is cute and elegant. I am going to try it again when the weather cools down, maybe that will change things (and improve the sillage and longevity), but for now I'll just make sure I keep the bottle in my purse for frequent reapplications. For what I paid, it's a keeper.

loonad
loonad

v woody scent.not very long lasting.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This turns to rank rotten mango juice on my skin. Just awful sorry.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

This one goes through quite a lot of changes as it dries. First blast is juicy mango and spices, very fruity and bright. Then, a sweet coconut and woods scent, very sweet. The spicy coconut phase lasts maybe 20-30 minutes (and is my very favorite part), then it dries down into a woodsy/spicy/slightly fruity scent. It's really lovely, and has become my go-to gift scent because it's different enough to be special but not too different, so it's pleasing to most people. Plus while it's being clearanced everywhere, it's a bargain. Highly recommended.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

I was really hoping for another successful blind buy but I might be one of the only voices of dissent on this one. The opening starts out with a huge blast of dry Indian spices. Not chai spices as others described, but mustard and turmeric, like if you stuck your nose in a bag of indian spices and inhaled. Then comes the cocobolo wood, which, as one reviewer aptly described, smells of "cedar pencil shavings". I usually love the smell of cedar/woods but this cocobolo note is very in your face and unwearable, like sawdust or the lumber section of Home Depot. It's impressive that they can make a wood note so realistic but I can see why cocobolo is hardly ever used in perfume making - it's quite offensive. Sometimes the fantasy is better than reality - woodsy notes are not always realistic but nobody really wants to smell like timber! Finally the sickly sweet mangosteen (no, not mango), as the same reviewer aptly described: "Fig Newtons from under the couch". All 3 notes were obnoxiously prominent. It's as if Duff told them, "make a sweet and spicy woodsy perfume" and someone took it way too literally, leaving us with Eau de Indian Spice Fig Newtons Marinating in a Cedar Sauna. I will give it another try, maybe with a lighter hand on my clothing, because this may not be working with my body chemistry. On a positive note, the packaging and the bottle are indeed beautiful for a celebrity perfume.

AddictInTime
AddictInTime

Smooth, creamy sweet woods. Heavenly.

Like others I bought based on notes and reviews for a great price and my 30ml is half gone already. I've never smelled cocobolo before, but the rich, lightly spiced woody smell is addictive. It grew and grew on me. It smells like a quality dark wood sauna. I will wear this out in the Autumn but for now I love it before bed or after a bath - so comforting. I recommend you try it before it is gone forever. Very relaxing - aromatherapy for me!

It is a light scent though - for me - not a powerhouse; if you are after a knock out scent with killer sillage it isn't this.

shoshana25
shoshana25

When i smell this ALL i can think about is a man in a red, long-sleeve plaid shirt, sawing away at a piece of log. So dusty, and woody smelling. Just smells very unattractive. What was a young, gorgeous beauty like Hilary Duff thinking? I think she was trying soooo hard to be different than her peers she ended up missing the target. Gross.

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

I bpought this several years ago when Hilary was really popular (I think it's been discontinued now? I never see it anywhere). I really liked it, and compared to a lot of celebrity fragrances, it's pretty good. I had the pack with the lotion and rollerball thing. It's sweet but not too immature.

Oh. and I think the bottle is gorgeous! I just love the lid.

However, when I did show this perfume to people and let them smell it, most recoiled (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean), but I'm not sure if that was due to the scent of just prejedice because I'd always tell them I had Hilary's perfume, then ask them to smell.

Also, I lost the lid to mine, and it ended up going 'bad'. This perfume went off like a carton of milk or something. It turned really sickly sweet and gross. I didn't even know perfume could do that. That's when I unfortunately had to throw it out.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I decided to test this perfume because it was super cheap and there were so many reviews that said it was great buy. I'm super glad the reviews were right the fragrance is great for the price and the bottle looks nice and is not tacky or anything like that. With Love start out with a slightly spicy kick and then eases down into a amber and then slowly turns more woody as time goes on. Its a real nice soft oriental fragrance that is slighty flirty but its not an immature scent and I don't really pick up on any of the fruity scents. The lasting power on me 4-6 hours and I would wear it all year around its not too heavy for summertime use. I think almost anyone in their 20s-30s could get away with wearing this. If you can find a bottle I would definitely suggest picking it up.

caline00
caline00

I consider this wonderfull perfume as one of my favorites , not just because of hilary Duff the succesfull actress but the perfume itself .
it is a warm scent blended with spices and the tropical fruit which is mango accompanied by its flower named mango blossom with warm amber , and all of these notes go long really well and create an oriental and sensual perfume that tons of girls and fans adore . And when it comes to the bottle it is really elegant and well picked . when i smell this perfume it truly reminds me of hilary duff herself !

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

My my my, this is such a little treasure!

The packaging this came in is really nice, and the bottle actually looks quite expensive. Compared to other scents in the price range (I paid £7 for 30mls) it's really, really classy.

The scent itself is lovely too. It smells like a fruity, sparkling wine on a dusty summer day, to me. A lot like Lolita Lempicka's Si Lolita, on my skin at least. I could find no trace of musk or coconut though. It seems much more lively than either of the notes.

This is also possibly one of the better lasting perfumes I own, quite a feat considering my fave is Pure Poison. It's not as overwhelmingly powerful as PP either, giving me a great choice for a work scent.

I fully intend to stock up on the gem while it's still available. It's such a shame it's been discontinued because it's far, far better than most celeb smells. At the current prices it's well worth a blind buy as well.

Dollycat
Dollycat

I like this fragrance but unlike mentioned here it doesn´t smell at all of Chrystal Noir from Versace. It resembles a lot of Zen from Shiseido. It´s a little bit a medical fragrance with mint in it. But i like it very much it´s refreshing and good for very hot weather. Very good quality for a celebrity fragrance for sure. Just like the fragrance of Queen Latifah also a very good quality celebrity fragrance.

kirsty the beauty
kirsty the beauty

wow what a perfume!

at first quite a sweet smell but when it dries it smells like coffee and is very similar to rihanna rebelle it lasts on me not as much as rebelle does though perfect for day time

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

This was one of my first "real" perfumes a long time ago. I remember really liking it. So recently I decided I would revisit it to see what it was that made me enjoy it so much. Yep, all those memories were correct, this is very intriguing and quite addicting. It has a woody flavor to it, but like a dense wood covered in silky amber milk. Add a generous sprinkle of mangosteen (which is what I THINK i'm smelling, sort of like a waxy woody mango smell?) and you have a continual wrist sniffer. I wear this out during the day and at night. I find it very versatile. And my tastes used to stay mainly in the super-sugary-gourmand area, but for a little while now I haven't wanted much of anything sweet. This has JUST ENOUGH sweetness that it can be enjoyed by both those who love anything sugary and those who prefer their scents WITHOUT a stirring of lollipop. At least in my area, you can't beat the price on this, $10 to $15 for a 30 mL. The bottle is gorgeous! If I designed my own scent, this is what I would've wanted my bottle to look like.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've been toying with the idea of blind buying a bottle of With Love for ages now since I started reading the great reviews for it on here and it sounded so nice! Lucky for me a few days ago I saw 30ml bottles of it being sold cheaply on a Brit perfume website so that was my chance to give it a go.

My bottle arrived yesterday and firstly I was really impressed with the packaging which is very pretty and well done. I'm as impressed with that as I am with the packaging of my Hard Candy perfume and I think they're equally as nicely packaged and wouuld make great gifts for that alone! When I opened the With Love box I then was happy to see that the bottle is as pretty as it looks in the photo on here, except that the lid seems to be a bit wonky and is hard to get on properly so I might have to just leave that off!

The perfume itself is really nice. It reminded me very much at first of Deseo and The Iceberg Fragrance but I think it's nicer than both of those and is more appealing to me. Coconut is not exactly a favorite note of mine in perfumes but it's growing on me with some perfumes that contain it, such as FCUK Friction and this one (although it's Cocobolo - never heard of that before! - in here and not coconut, I think). It's definitely the main note I smell in here but it's blended very nicely with the mango, musk and amber. As other reviewers have noted, there is a slight unisex element to this perfume, which is fine, but that lessens on me the longer the perfume's on my skin and it smells much more girly and feminine a bit later on. On me it's very creamy, smooth, gently sweet and luscious smelling and I don't get any of the metallic, bitter, strong spiciness, etc, that some women seem to have experienced with it. My skin seems to turn a lot of perfumes relatively sweet anyway and on other women it seems to be the total opposite!

I think With Love is one of the (relatively few) really nice celebrity scents (much better than Katy Perry's Purr which I found to be yucky!) and I'm really glad I did blind buy a bottle and I hope to have it in my perfume collection for as long as they continue to make it! It's soft, creamy, luscious, girly, sexy, long lasting, can be worn anytime, anywhere, is reasonably priced and really prettily packaged so you couldn't really ask for much more in a perfume! This perfume makes me feel good and brings a smile to my face!!

heatherine
heatherine

I bought "With Love" blind and at a deep discount, based on reviews. After sniffing from the bottle, I couldn't make up my mind, and was not ready to give it a go. It seemed really strong, woody, and inappropriate for the summer. I figured I would wait until cooler weather to try it on my skin. The other night I came home to a very cool house, having left the A/C on all day, and it had cooled down considerably outside. After an evening shower I spritzed it on to see how it would settle in on me. The result was fantastic. I really like this and I don't normally enjoy "celeb" or "over-the-counter" frags. It's very sophisticated, comforting, warm, fuzzy. Not sweet, powdery, or fruity at all - again, unsual for a celebrity fragrance. The wood was very evident and the spices came through beautifully on the drydown. I literally could not stop sniffing myself. Sillage was good, not excessive. I can't say much for the lasting power as I turned in shortly afterward. I will definitely wear this often during cooler weather. Until then, I'll put it with my "at home, comfort" scents that I wear when I want to nest at home with a good book, a glass of wine and a cat on my lap. Sensual!

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

This reminds me of Sensuous by Estee Lauder, or maybe its just the way it smells on me. I can definitely smell spice and Cocobolo but not mango. I like it, I think a larger age range can share in this perfume. The price is definitely a plus, very affordable.

fullbottleworthy

Yum! I just got this and honestly I only bought it because it was soooo inexpensive, but it smells divine! I thought for sure I would like Wrapped With Love way better because I am a sucker for gourmand, fruity, candy-like scents, but I don't. I think I misjudged With Love. It's gorgeous. Not your typical "celebrity scent". I think this is a hidden gem that just hasn't been appreciated. Hey, if I can pick up a bottle for 11$, I'm happy!

This scent starts off spicy but not in a warm way like something you would wear in winter. This to me is one of those fruity martini cockatils with the pepper vodka and mango puree. It's sweet and spicy and the mango is so juicy! The cocobolo is soft and sumptuous. The great thing about this scent is you could wear it in summer because despite the spice, it is a soft scent, and not overpowering in any way. It's not heavy or cloying. The drydown is soft, a little woody, and almost coconutty. Absolutely divine! I seriously might have to order another bottle just because I'm not sure whether it will continue to be harder to find in the future or not.
----
Edit: OMG what is wrong with me??? I CANNOT stop sniffing my wrist. This stuff is DIVINE!!!! That cocobolo is intoxicating!!

bleuciel
bleuciel

This is a unisex fragrance. Or masculine actually.

It's very spicy from the bottle, but it warms and sweetens when sprayed on the skin. A tropical note also arises as top note (something like coconut, but not identical), then this fruity note disappears completely and woodsy spices take its place. In the end, only woodsy notes can be felt. Like in many men's perfumes.

Except for that tropical short-lived top note, the scent is very linear: spices and woods. And nothing sweet or floral or warm. The mango (or mangosteen)and mango blossom notes are only for press releases, they cannot be smelled here at all.

In order for me to wear it and enjoy it, I need to layer it with warmer sweet notes, like linear coconut/vanilla or sweet perfumes like Britney's Fantasy. I wonder how it would smell layered with pure sugar like Aquolina's Pink Sugar... I don't have that one yet, but it sounds interesting.

This was a blind buy and the first one that was a complete flop. The bottle is very pretty though. Needless to say it doesn't go at all with the masculine feel of the perfume. The cap is plastic, like with all celebrity perfumes. Is a metal cap that much more expensive?

To wrap up, I understand all positive and negative thoughts on this fragrance. Unfortunately for me, I fall on the side of people for whom this doesn't work.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I feel bad about this, because I must be missing something. I bought a half ounce of With Love at Marshall's for less than $6 USD and was really quite excited thinking it would be a deep, somewhat exotic fruity/spicey/woody scent. But all I smell on my skin is cedar pencil shavings. Okay, a little slightly sweet fruit midway through the dry-down, but first and last I smell very dry cedar shavings. Looked up cocobolo, thinking this must be the source of the cedar scent,and it is reputed to have a quite strong spicy scent that some find objectionable and an oil that can cause serious allergic reactions...but I don't find it objectionable or sickening, just very one-dimensional. However it is over 100 degrees F here today,so maybe the scent will do better in cooler weather?

Edit to say: The bottle is charming.

perfumegirl29
perfumegirl29

this is a nice perfume but on me it's smells a bit like apple cider : but on a card it smells warm and spicy.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

This is an odd one. it is spicy, fruity, yet dark and sensual. It is alas too synthetic for my skin, as I detect a harsh screechiness in the amber that simply won't go away. My skin is cursed! this is the last celebrity fragrance I'll try, it isn't worth my money to keep buying samples of duds. For someone else though this is exotic rich and decadent. Just not for me I guess, which is too bad since it's dirt cheap!

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is a very warm spicy scent and really unique. It's not a typical generic 'fruity floral' that all celebrities put out. It's not really a summer scent but nice for the cooler seasons and night time.

Hilary Duff was quite young when she released this that's why it was such a surprise that With Love smelled so mature and sophisticated.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is really nice. It's a soft, sweet blend of spices that's very cozy and feminine. It's mellow, creamy and smooth, with a warm honey-ish sweetness from fruit. The sweet milky spiciness actually reminds me of chai, with a woodsy undertone that almost makes your nose tingle, like unburned incense. I really wish it lasted longer though, it seems to go only about 2-3 hours on me, but it's dirt cheap when you can find it, so you can be generous with respraying.

Strangely, it seems to do better for me on warm days than cold ones. When it's cool, the sweetness can be a little much, and it gets a musty twinge to it that doesn't go away, it can be a little heavy. But when it's warm it actually seems lighter, still sweet, but the woods and spices come out a little more.

BRIECHEESE1188
BRIECHEESE1188

Never in a million years expected to like this, but this is my go-to perfume on chilly days. Sweet and spicy, warm and comforting! Definitely one of the best celebrity fragrances out there. Deliciously cozy.

OceanLovePotion

I love this fragrance. I get apple juice/cider from it, spicy, warm, fruity. I have a small bottle from a gift set, and it has lasted me a while (though I don't use it too often). Great fall/winter scent, and nice when you want something sweet and warm. Sweet, but still wearable for those who enjoy a more "sophisticated" scent.

lu_pomponet
lu_pomponet

Well, I really wanted to like this one. I blind bought it based on the amazing reviews and was very excited, but... it is just not for me. In my skin it smells just too spicy, almost metallic, not sweet at all.

It is not a bad fragrance, and the bottle and box are just lovely, but... did not work for me.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

I like the concept of this perfume, The Bottle is what made me buy it (its so classy) It Does smell great but not as great as it could have. Probably because its so inexpensive. To me it smells watered down. it never lasted on my skin more than 2 hours unless i layered and layered. I ended up giving my 75% full bottle away. This is great for a young lady transitioning into Adulthood. Id say anyone 25 and up should skip this. If it were less watered down it would be a great luxe scent for people over 21 worthy of the classy bottle its in.

Malibu
Malibu

At first spray there is a pleasantly sweet fruit/floral top note of tart berries, softened with vanilla. Without the benefit of the official scent notes I was sure that there is also a champagne accord mixed in and I still suspect that there is.

Its the middle notes of exotic spices, balsam, incense and the creamy warmth of the latte and amber milk that make WITH LOVE stand out from the crowd. The spices and incense aren't too heavy, but lend a wonderful scene of sophisticated exoticness.

The base of woods,amber and musk blends nicely with the middle notes, so the transition is very subtle.

I'd been avoiding this because I thought I was getting too old for these tween celebrities releasing fragrances. I don't mean to sound snobbish, but owning something by Hilary Duff? No, thank you. I just couldn't resist the sirens call of the striking bottle in the end though. I'm very pleased to say that the juice matches the exotic, striking, sophisticated design.

I think that the perfume should have been marketed for people out of their teens; I think that WITH LOVE would still be made today and be a bestseller if it wasn't a 'celebrity release'.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

The base is a blend of very light mossy woods. It has a very light and pretty, milky amber note that is infused with bubbly florals.

If spiced champagne had a smell this would be it. I like it, though, I don't love it.

My gripe with this one is that, on my skin the lasting power is horrid! It only lasts 10-20 minutes if that long even with 4 or 5 sprays. It seems to last longer on fabric.

If the lasting power were better I would have repurchased.

dkny27
dkny27

I think this is one of the most under rated fragrances I have come across. It's warm, it's woody and spicy at the same time but in the softest, sweetest way. Projection is nice, drydown is very addicting but in the best way, I keep burying my nose in my sleeve. And I can't even begin to go into the price!! This is a winner!!

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I like this one. It is quite strong so you don't need to spray much on. Two sprays should be adequete. The scent is warm, rich and sweet. Quite delicious smelling actually. Reminds me of a decadent dessert. It's a cozy scent that envelopes your senses. I find it totally unisex. This perfume is hard to find in retail stores here in Canada. I found two bottles (30ml.) for 39.97 each plus tax at a department store in a neighbouring town. There were only three bottles and it looked like old stock so it was like finding hidden treasure. I'm sure most peoples best bet will be to find this scent online. If you're not afraid of a heavier scent, you may want to give this one a try.

anamalia

with love is one of my first fragrances, and is not bad for a celebrity scent. It is a sweet and strong scent, and slightly cloying. Its very musky and ambery, with a tropical, almost coconut note detected in the middle. The mangosteen blossom is not very strong, although i can smell the presence of a heady flower during wearing.

babybash44
babybash44

Now I get why people are saying this is unisex! My ex girlfriend wears this, and it smells so much like Chanel Allure pour homme! Seriously girls, if you want to try this, spray Allure Homme on your arm at the mall if they don't have a tester of this. If you like that, then you can head over to TJ MAXX and pick up this gem.

windhill
windhill

Very unisex, subtle and smell expensive. Starting with creamy mangosteen fruit and spicy tone which not overwhelming at all. To the warm woody, creamy dry down(must be Cocobolo and Amber milk). Anyway, it quite strong so don't use too much in a hot day. In all it smell quite sweet and creamy... but mature sweet not a candy-like. Very sensual too.

Update: My friends said it smell a bit like Thai milk tea on me. Very creamy and milky so I sprayed a little bit on her but she think it's too masculine for her taste. so, great for me.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I had zero interest in ever getting a celebrity fragrance. Snooki even has one...shudder... BUT, I was at Gordman's and they had testers (wow, what a concept!) and I kept going back to this one. I don't think this has the complexity of Cartier or Guerlain, but it has very nice layers and a huge hook for me. It must be the cocobolo wood? It is familiar in an elusive can't put your finger on it way. Cocobolo is supposed to be a rosewood, which this does not smell like to me. Ah well, it is riveting.

Anyway, I picked up an edp for ten bucks at TJ Maxx and I really like this scent! I just keep sniffing and sniffing my arm. The bottle is beautiful, quite classy and elegant and the perfume is not out of place with that. Now I can no longer sneer about all celebrity frags. Just most of them. This one really surprised me and in a good way, not what I expected at all.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I like the fruit and spice in this, all over an amber drydown. Besides, I like the grown-up fruity-woody sparkle one also meets in Badgley Mishka, Coco Mademoiselle, the Play it sexy and other Playboy releases of the kind. The new thing here is the exotic touch given by the mango and the cocobolo wood. I don't use this on a regular basis but I often do, especially when I feel like wearing the above said scents but with a more exotic feel. It has just made my day today (it's rainy around here), so spicy and warm it stays on my skin. Give it a try if you like fruit, spice and amber.

rosembloom

Hayven: nice review, would you kindly write the link to the u tube video? You can always pm me! thanx! I love that deep, envelopping and somewhat calming fragrance, it is a mystery to me everytime i wear it: it morphs differently given the weather and my chemistry but always remains lovely!
MANY THANX TO U HAVEN!!!!!!! ♥

Hayven
Hayven

Back in college, my roommate wore this and I could not stand it on her. It was too masculine and strong; it didn't match her hot pink shirts and girly attitude. So I did not think to ever buy it.

I bought a mini of With Love after watching a YouTube review recently. A girl was gifted 5-6 tester bottles of this because a friend knew how much she loved it, and she had already gone through 2 bottles. Seems like a weird reason for me to seek it out, but I figured if someone out there loves it as much as this girl did...I had to try it on myself.

I'm not a fan of oriental spice perfumes, but this one is a nice introduction to the genre. It smells rich without the heavy price tag, and it lasts long too. It envelops you in spices, mango, cream, and wood. Most of my perfumes are versatile, but this one is something I see myself reserving for special occasions and nights out and looking forward to putting it on.

The drydown is very unisex; I think it would smell great on a man too.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

When this perfume first came out, I didn't like it. I didn't know much about perfume and could not appreciate the variety of notes. I thought, Ick! Wood! Now that I have expanded my horizons and know and love and appreciate the scent wheel, I learned to enjoy this fragrance. I have to give it to Hillary, she was ahead of her time in the fragrance developement field! To use woods for a female fragrance. Now I find so many woods are used, like different ouds, and I have experienced a variety of unique woods, (every woman that likes unique woods (soft, luxurious and expensive) should try Royal Oud by Creed. Hillary's perfume is a good start to try scents with woods. It is nice, not overbearing and sweat. But not too sweet. It blends well, and I have noticed in the scent section of the store, that many woman in the late 40's and up love this scent. You can find this fragrance usually at a great price at TjMax or Marshalls. This is not a super soft wood, but a well balanced woody scent with gentle fruity notes. The Creed, is more woody, but is such a smooth wood, and you could layer that with any other scent you have and smell incredible.

roseharlow
roseharlow

With Love is truely a worthwhile buy in my opinion.
nothing like most celebrity fragrances pumped out these days.
the scent manages to change depending on weather.

In summer i find it to be very mangosteen/amber dominated.
not overbearing, rather smooth really.
the drydown is very musky.

In winter, the spices become more apparent.
personally i think it has much more character in winter.

sillage and longevity are average.

the drydown to Versace's crystal noir is very much like 'with love'.
such a shame its been discontinued.
if you are into tropical perfumes with a dash of spice i'd get my hands on this one.

karepula
karepula

Bought it as a blind choice and it arrived yesterday. The box is very cute and effective, could be suitable as a gift, the bottle looks gorgeous, too. What can I say about smell? It's a nice warm amber scent. I did not expect that something from Hillary Duff could be that good, because I'm not very much into celebrity fragrances. But this one is a very good exception. From the very first spritz it opens as a warm spicy with the hint of sweetness scent, but not in sugary way. I like cocobolo notes, it's not so sweet as coconut, but gives a little frisky feeling. Also, spicy notes brings comfort and sophistication. Can be good for a young woman, at her 20's and 30's. The longevity is ok, about 3-4-5 hours on my hair.

ivanda
ivanda

I felt it spicy coconut. A lot like Versace Crystal Noir. For the celebrity fragrance - very, very good. Lasting power 6/10. Nice perfume, but nothing so special.

JMonroy98
JMonroy98

this is not your typical fruity-floral celebrity fragance, its start of spicy with a splash of mango. this is very mature, i would recomend 25 and up.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Hilary Duff With Love is so unique compared to all the other celebrity scents on the market! Cocobolo is this incredible tropical wood that is both fruity and fresh wood scented. Having the cocobolo mixed with sweet mango and Indian spices made this such an amazing fragrance! Love it!

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

Neck-and-neck with Euphoria as my favorite wintertime fragrance. To me they go hand-in-hand, in that they're both warm and sensual, and something I usually only wear at night. The bottle is absolutely beautiful, and the fragrance itself to me is a little spicy and warm, but not overly... it's a perfect balance. Get comments from everyone whenever I wear this, and it lasts forever, which for me, is not something I can say often. Love it.

laura95
laura95

I was going to buy this because I grew up loving Hilary Duff and it was on for 10 dollars, but it was at Winners so I couldn't smell it or even see the bottle. Do you think that I should go back and get it?

Update- went back two days later and it was gonw :(

indecisive85
indecisive85

I was very surprised that someone as young Hilary Duff could create such a mature fragrance (Maybe she didn't create it, but her name was on it so I'm sure she had something to do with its creation). This is very elegant for a celebrity fragrance and is not pop-star bubble gum sweet like Brittney's Fantasy. I had this a while ago and this website just reminded me of it. I might have to buy it again sometime soon :)

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I get the spice. And the mango... sort of. It just smells sweet, and I only noticed the hint of mango when I read that was one of the notes. The spice is warm, and then there's the sweetness... makes me think of a fuzzy angora sweater! The dry down is more mango... and then citrus.

sugar_sweet
sugar_sweet

It is much nicer, cheaper and softer sister of Versace Crystal noir. I prefer this one because it is much softer and lasts longer and the price of course.

cleo777
cleo777

Love it love it love it! Seems like a winter scent to me, with the spicy and the warm. My poor allergic fiance actually likes it and doesn't sneeze when I wear it! Yay!

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

This was an inexpensive blind buy for me. I really, REALLY like it. It was an awesome surprise when I was quite skeptical about it. I was afraid it would be too spicy and it's not on my skin. It's a unique blend of - tropical, creamy and spicy. In the drydown I can catch powdery hints of the amber. This is quickly becoming a 'go to' scent when I'm indecisive lately.

sara.liebrecht.lonsway
sara.liebrecht.lonsway

I love this scent! A perfect combination of creamy sensual woody tones, very smooth and pleasant smelling. When I sprayed it I had to do a double take, on me it smells exactly like Twilight Woods by Bath and Body Works which is one of my all-time favorite scents. Since I can't tell the difference in scent between these two, I will probably stick with the Twilight Woods since it is is a fraction of the cost, but fragrance is very beautifully done!

Raina
Raina

Roma's done a good job at describing this. This is spices and woods at it's best. The mango is not an obvious note, so if you're looking for sweet you won't find it here. Hilary Duff is a major fan of Opium, and while this is not quite the sharper bomb of spices that is Opium, you can definitly see the inspiration. The spice is asian and tropic, while the woods are antique and creamy without loosing their woody edge.

This is not for everyone, but at the same time its a special sort of something to those of us who do enjoy it.

EDIT: Wow, this stuff really changes depending on the weather. When it's colder I get pure spices and wood, but in the warmer days the mango tamps down the spices and smoothes the woods into a cream. Just wonderful, and such an amazing comfort scent. I must stock up on this.

Roma27
Roma27

There are a few who probably don't care much for this fragrance but to those who do,well, they know exactly what a awesome fragrance they've stumbled upon. Happy to say I can be counted as one of them. It's indeed a little mecca of tropical spices with a tinge of mango added for good measure.

As previously said there is definitely a undertone of a creamy woodsy base. I detect no sweetness just a rich scent of spices almost like drinking chai tea but not quite. Silliage is pretty good for a celebrity fragrance, on me it lasted 5/6 hrs.

Not your typical celebrity scent. No peppery spiciness,no cloying sweetness, agree with those who have said it's a warm creamy spice. The noses behind this created a pretty excellent combination. Yeah... I would say a job well done.

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

first spritz - i get fruity, spicy, whiskey, buttery, clean (i dont know how to describe this but on me it smells like really expensive, clean beauty products. like lavender and cotton white shirts too, yummy) this may sound overwhelming and cloying but these notes are so well blended! props to the makers.

after 5 mins - an expensive kind of fruity scent with a spicy/honey undertone, almost like really good tanning oil... just delicious!

after 1 hour - alcohol smell is long gone! spicy, warm, sexy. hint of mango, now just creamy, buttery goodness, but the spices even it out so its not really gourmand.

after 5/6 hours - this is approximately how long it really lasts on me... which is impressive for a cheap celeb scent! its now no longer spicy, just milky, creamy and smooth, hint of fruity mango, almost powdery. the clean "cotton" scent i mentioned before is now a bit more prominent. its so clean and luxurious!

i recommend this to every woman out there! sexy, sensual, warm, expensive, oriental and clean... its how we should smell!

perfumemad62

I finally repurchased a 100ml bottle of With Love and I'd just like to say, I have rekindled my love for this perfume!

At first spray, it's a strong, warm and almost coconut smell. It settles to a very woody, pine scent that reminds me of Christmas trees! Eventually the wood and spices soften and you get to smell a beautiful, creamy comforting fragrance.

The lasting power is about 2-3 hours and admittedly I had to spray again during the day.
I couldn't imagine wearing this in hot weather, it is definitley more suited to colder seasons.

I have to say, this is the most original and expensive smelling celebrity perfumes I have ever smelt. If you adore sweet scents like 'Fantasy' by Britney Spears or Pink Sugar, you will be thoroughly disappointed.
Overall: Sophisicated, warm, cosy and slightly sensual; Highly recommended for all ages!

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

Very unique smell. Spicy but not overwhelming. A little seductive, but not slutty. I would wear this during the summer nights. Very cute bottle.

danniskid
danniskid

I read so many good reviews about this perfume, and the moment I saw it, I fell in love with the bottle. So when I found it at Marshalls for $10, I couldn't pass it up. Although I've never smelled anything like it, I can't say I like it. It's just not for me. The bottle is gorgeous though, I will give it that.

Sugar419
Sugar419

This fragrance is very nice, warm, spicy and comforting. However, I can't really recommend it because it just does not last. I've worn it several times, applying more each time. Today I put on several sprays and sure enough, within two hours I couldn't even smell it anymore unless I put my nose right where I applied it. It's a pity, because I do like the scent, it's different and inviting, and like many have said, the bottle is gorgeous, a work of art. I guess if you like skin scents or scents that stay very close to the skin, very very close, then this might be the perfume for you.

rosembloom

First of all, the bottle is gorgeous as many have stated: like a multifaceted citrine or a imperial topaz glinting in the sunsine. How funny that i starting off despising it , then liked it more and more during the cold months of our Canadian winter ...until I got to loving it (sadly recent). Now, it's my go-to comfort fragrance along with Burberry Woman and Néonatura Cocoon from Yves Rocher. Some very witty woman mentionned it smelled like a Thierry M. perfume... The funny thing is that when i wear Womanity , it now makes me think of this one, with less cocoa-coconut-milky spiciness and more fishy -unwished -for -aquatic (?) notes. I would chose this one over Womanity because it suits me better, is warmer and has longer lasting power. I love to layer it with other linear scents like : vanilla, peach, cocoa or coconut, passionfruit and even patchouli! Thanx Fragrantians for hleping me love this beauty. I will definitely repurchase!

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Hilary Duff's With Love is a beautiful and very unique fragrance among the world of celebrity perfumes.

With Love manages to be spicy and Oriental and also a litle tropical at the same time. On my skin I get a spicy coconutty tanning oil scent that is very lovely.

The fragrance starts with a lovely thick of burst of mangosteen. As many have commented before, mangosteen is different from mango. It's not as tangy but denser and sweeter to my nose. It smells almost pulpy, giving the scent a little thickness in the opening.

Along with the mangosteen, there is a distinct coconut aroma. It's not listed in the notes, but it's definitely there on my skin. And this lends the fragrance its tropical vibe.

As it dries down, that's when I really start to get the woodsiness and also the spices.

It's not spicy in an obvious "spice-rack" way though, but instead it has a subtle, gentle spiciness.

The amber cozily rounds this one off in the dry down.

If there is any downside to this perfume, I'd say that it's the strength. While the scent itself is beautiful, the perfume is quite light, and more of a skin scent after the first hour.

However, that does make it perfect for wear as a daytime Oriental in winter.

I'd like to thank the many Fragrantica members who recommended this perfume, as that was one of the reasons I finally purchased it.

A really lovely and unique offering from Hilary Duff, and really a shame that it's been discontinued. But it still can be found online at a great price. Very highly recommended.

Nanc
Nanc

Why does it show mango and not mangosteen in the main notes? They are two very different fruits as well as scents! With that being said I really like the spicy, sweet mix unfortunately it fades away rather quickly on my skin last a little longer on clothes.

daniellecalvert
daniellecalvert

I used to have this perfume years ago and recently purchased it for a present for a friends bday...Sooo i baight some for myself and have to admit i absolutley love it...but have to admit for as much as i love it i cant smell it on myself after a while...but still would advice to try it xx

monikathomas83
monikathomas83

i hate it and so does my husband...for 12 year olds. i got it for 4 bucks at cvs so decided i would try it.

woolseywoo
woolseywoo

I thought that I was going to be crazy about this scent, but it's very woodsy on my skin. I don't get any sweetness from the mangosteen. I'm going to try coming back to this in a few days and see if I like it. I had tried on Rihanna's Reb'l Fluer (awful!) beforehand so that may have affected my experience.

LexiOD
LexiOD

This is perhaps my strangest encounter with a perfume ever. When I first tried With Love, it smelled both young and sexy but also sophisticated, (like something you might find in Bebe, I thought). I tried it on and it smelled good at first and over an hour turned from sweet and pure to sexy and sultry. I loved it the first time, but then I bought it a couple months later and...
Let's first talk about the packaging. The bottle is amazingly beautiful in real life and photos don't do it justice. This is one of the most simple but gorgeous bottles I've ever seen in my life. It looks like something out of a fairytale and tells a story itself. Definitely something I could never bring myself to throw away.
The scent on the other hand I did not like when I brought it home. It became amazingly strong and too deeply fruity sweet. My brother said it smelled like mangos, which for some amazing reason I just couldn't put my finger on until he said it. It is definitely a heavy, deep mango scent and I just couldn't bring myself to wear it anymore. I gave it to my mother because her skin heats up differently than mine, (and if something smells bad on me, it typically works for her very well).
From what I recall, the lasting power is great. It lasts all day with no necessary application.
While I can't say I like With Love, I definitely don't hate it. It receives a 4/10 from me, I'll admit mainly because of the amazing packaging, but I'm sure others will love this much more than I ever could.

xx

evacecilias
evacecilias

I wan't to inhale, run, feel, read, sleep, work, relax, make love, drive, play, enjoy life while wearing this magnificent creation ! Thank you all Fragrantica friends who picked this one for me when I surched mango perfumes...and so I have read - its not even mango... and dont know who Hilary Duff is ?
- and dont care !
I am lucky to have found a 100 ml beautiful bottle for my collection ! : )

Jilly B
Jilly B

I'm really impressed with this. I bought it blind for £5.99 plus free P&P for 30ml after reading the reviews.

Presentation is lovely. The turquoise top comes off the box and the purple bottom kind of folds open a bit like a flower. The bottle is really pretty...and feels good quality...very classy.

On me, the scent is reminiscent of a very subtle Versace Crystal Noir, which I absolutely love. Strange, there's that yummy coconut smell again that I detect with Crystal Noir, but neither of these perfumes have this note listed.

I sprayed a fair bit on about an hour ago and it wasn't overpowering, but I can still smell it now, and it's really nice. This will be great to wear to work

orchid_84
orchid_84

Correct list of notes for this fragrance are:

Top: MANGOSTEEN, spices
Heart: MANGOSTEEN blossom, cocobolo wood
Base: amber milk, musk

The fruit featured in this is mangosteen, NOT mango. You don’t get the sweet-citric aroma of a mango here. Rather, the scent reflects the white pulp of mangosteen fruit. It is watery, juicy, and sweet – more along the lines of lychee fruit. Mild, but still sparkling, tangy, and tropical.

On first spray, you get the sweet, cheery scent from the mangosteen. I worried the fruitiness was going to lead to another predictable celeb scent. Thankfully, it does not. The cocobolo wood and spices emerge and make the scent thicker and more complex. Although the mangosteen in a key player in this fragrance, the wood is the most dominant scent to me. I don’t get a distinct “spicy” scent, because the spices are well-blended with the woods and amber. The result is a creamy-balsamic scent. There’s nothing overly sweet in this fragrance. As it dries down, you get more dry, creamy, resinous woods with a hint of tartness and some lingering fruit. Very warm and sensual.

I think this would be great in cool weather, but it could also work for spring and summer. Despite the woodiness, it’s not a heavy scent. The juicy, airy quality of the mangosteen fruit and blossoms balance out the woods nicely.

With Love is fun, sexy, sultry….and unique! Even a hint mysterious. It’s hard to believe I’m saying that about a celeb scent, but this is a rare one. At the same time, it’s pleasant and I imagine quite wearable for many people. Highly impressed.

sweetharmony

I didn't like this when I first tried it, but now I absolutely in love. Very long lasting, and perfect for the cool weather. I'm really loving the uniqueness of this scent.

marydoan90
marydoan90

I bought this on a whim, without having any clue what it would smell like.
It was one of the best choices I ever made! My only regret is that my bottle is too small (.5 oz).
It's a very warm and spicy smell, with just a touch of tropical fruitiness.
Unlike most other celebrity perfumes, this is not overly sweet and gourmand.
It's sexy, inviting and very romantic.

kimee
kimee

Oh how I love this perfume! I think this will become my signature scent once I pick up a larger bottle. I purchased the 15ml and I know that it's not going to be enough. This smells so delicious, warm, alluring and inviting. The first time I wore it I got complimented by someone that said I smelled yummy. It almost smells like warm caramel vanilla with seductive spice. It's so comforting yet sexy. This scent definitely feels like "me." Sometimes I just have cravings to smell the bottle! Absolutely adore this!

jennibean
jennibean

After sniffing the bottle, I was convinced that I hated this perfume. Amd I continued on thinking so for many many years. Also I read Hilary Duff's interview somewhere and she said she loved the perfume Opium... and because I just CAN NOT stand Opium, I think I had thought that Hilary Duff's taste would not suit me.

But recently, I realized that my preference for scents started to change. I used to be only into light fruity florals such as Escada but now I crave sexier, more complex scents. And I have gotten very specific about which scents go with which season...

Having said all that, for the last few months, I have been searching for a sexy, warm, spicy scent with just a hint of musk to withstand the icy Canadian cold. And that's when I stumbled across With Love. I decided to give it a second try since my taste has clearly changed. And I'm so glad I did. IT IS SO WARM AND SEXY!!! I feel like the smell actually warms me up. And it stays close to you, so you won't feel abnoxious!

The best way I can describe it is... imagine a spicy, sweet mango chai latte.... it doesn't exist, but if it did, it would be yummy and it would smell like With Love.

Sorry I doubted you, Hilary! <3

perfumemad62

I received this as a gift from my ex boyfriend and I really liked it. I was expecting something really sweet and girly but it was spicy and sophiscated. I'm sure I smelt coconuts but it's not listed :/ Anyway, I enjoyed this gorgeous perfume when I had it but I smelt it recently and it reminded me of a bad time in my life. It's funny how a perfume can strike up positive or negative memories! Maybe in the future I'll purchase this again as I really do like this perfume but meanwhile I'll stick to M by Mariah Carey.

PerfumeAddict23
PerfumeAddict23

I wrote a review on With Love over the summer when I first tried it and it was pretty negative.

I am a seasonal at Perfumania and one day when it was slow in the store I came a crossed Hilary's perfume on the bottom shelf. I tried it on and forgot about it till later on in the evening when I smelled my hand again. I couldn't believe this was the same fragrance I tried earlier in the summer and totally hated it, because now I loved it.

It still had the same black licorice/woodsy smell I remembered to it, but now that it was fall/almost winter outside it was the perfect blend and made me feel warm and cozy. I soon found myself asking for a bottle for my birthday.

Wearing it now, I feel like I'm warm and loving. It reminds me of Christmas and fall. I can really only seeing myself use this perfume during the winter time, but I just really enjoy how spicy/woodsy it is.

(I've heard this is discontinued? But, we have tons and tons of bottles at Perfumania. So, if you really enjoy this perfume and can't find it anywhere, try looking at Perfumania. They'll sure and have it.

devaluxe
devaluxe

Ok, so Walgreens was clearancing this out for $12, final sale, no returns...last time I do that! The bottle I have smells like Pinesol meets hardwood floors meets stale newtons under the couch half chewed by a St. Bernard. Which, considering all the lovely comments this fragrance received, means I managed to buy a bottle that had gone off. Sad. I wanted to enjoy this. The trip wasn't a total bust though, I got a bottle of ici (guilty trashy pleasure) for $5.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I'd been very curious about With Love after reading all the reviews. There's no mango in here, what is Fragrantica talking about? Even Hilary's website says "mangosteen," which is an entirely different fruit.

I like it, but the weird thing is that it smells like a giant Fig Newton, "fruit and cake"! That must be why someone else said it reminds her of Womanity, which is all figs.

I wouldn't say this perfume is spicy, it's mostly woody. Maybe it's because I have many spicy perfumes, like Opium, so the spice here is non-existent to me. I was hoping With Love might have a touch of cinnamon, but no luck.

I can see why many other people are gaga over this fragrance. It smells like a designer fragrance that would sell at a fine department store, so it's a bummer it's been discontinued. Even Versace can't seem to come up with a fragrance that smells this nice.

UPDATE: I like it more each time I wear it. The drydown smells like walking in the woods--very aromatic woodsy. Almost like Diptyque Tam Dao, but waaaaay better and less boring.

SheShe
SheShe

I was thinking about trying the fragrance for quite a long time, finally I got it in a good price and I'm torn because it's a good fragrance, just not for me, it doesn't fit me.

With Love isn't as sweet and innocent as it may seem looking at the photo ;) The fragrance is thick, sweet, spicy, oriental and a bit dangerous - it doesn't have patchouli listed but there's an earthy touch in it, not too earthy but still. The fragrance reminds me a bit about desserts from India, spicy ones, a milk spicy pudding with something mysterious and darker in it... Mango, milk, spices and wood, cocobolo? like mahogany.

The fragrance is interesting, sophisticated and something new. Worth trying but as I don't feel comfortable in it, I guess it just doesn't match.

krayonkid
krayonkid

I absolutely LOVE IT! I has this mysterious fruitfully spicy scent that drives me insane. This is a man's fragrance packed in a woman's design. Powerful, sensual, masculine.

The mango and spices blend exceptionally well. I'm not so sure about the cocobolo as Im not familiar with its smell but if this is what cocobolo does to a fragrance, more men's fragrances needs to have this incorporated with mango.

It's delicious confidence. Pure and simple.

Hollie
Hollie

I was at TJ Maxx today scoping out the perfume section....nothing new. Wait...what's this little box? I didn't recognize the label so I decided to take a closer look. Hilary Duff??? I'm no perfume snob but....c'mon. Wait...what's this little scratch & sniff thingy? Hmmm? Mmmmmm! I know this is gonna sound weird but instantly, my mind went to Womanity! What....it's only $5.99?! So...there are no similar notes but it reminds me very much of my blessed Womanity! Smells more like how the drydown of Womanity developes on me. Spicey, woody, warm....a little bit of a "zing." It has it's own personality though...something resinous and "piney" about it reminds me of the smells of Christmas.It's smokey (sweet tobacco?)and if you've ever eaten a chili mango, it has that kind of spiciness. I want to keep sniffing it! On me it has great lasting power and doesn't change much as it developes. The bottle is adorable...a sweet, faceted little crystal thing. This is not how I would imagine Hilary Duff smelling....I wonder how much of a hand she had in coming up with this. I really like it.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Amazing mango blossom, peach and clean crisp woods scent! My first impression was " Daaang I love this!" who would ever thought Hilary Duff? but yes she did it! Quite impressive! loooong lasting too:)

Christina8809
Christina8809

I absolutely ADORE this baby!
It smells like mango/peach/coconut on my skin with the most beautiful creamy, milky base. Stays put for HOURS, and a little goes a long way.
Gorgeous bottle.
Not a Hilary Duff fan in the slightest but she has created my favourite perfume to date.

Did have a 100ml bottle of this until my klepto ex friend decided to nab it.

Absolutely will repurchase/trade

jrose77
jrose77

I love this fragrance. I got a sample of this five years ago and loved it ever since. Now that it's (unfortunately) discontinued, it makes me wish I had bought bottles of it when it was still out. I'll be buying bottles of this (of course), but not fresh ones and not for long (it'll be all gone).

This scent is warm and comforting. I like wearing this when I go out for meals with my family when they visit. To me, this scent is the warmth of love.

This is a warm scent with little flowers and little fruit. It mostly smell of the warmth of the amber and cocobolo wood (which as a wood, surprisingly does not "disappear" on my skin like other woods do).

Good sillage
Good strength
Lasts (long-lasting)

Lovely drydown

I will be repurchasing another 100 ml bottle after mine gets to halfway (which it will).

SimplyAbbey
SimplyAbbey

This is getting discontinued which sucks because its actually a really great perfume. Perfectly sexy and fall and winter like. Perfect for dates and a little mystery. Bummer!

id
id

Too much cocobolo, too little mango I was waiting for. It wasn't sweet on my skin but I didn't expect it to be so heavy, linear and unbearable. It is much more woody than spicy.

Pamella
Pamella

i bought a lil 15ml of this today for a bargain price hoping for a sweet spicy christmas scent, however, it is almost a straight up vetiver (this must be a note in here somewhere it's a very strong and distinctive smell) with only a teensy bit of something mellowing the earthy bitterness of it, im afraid its definately not for me and had i known there was vetiver in it i wouldnt have purchased it as i own this in the form of essential oil and the one time i tried to use it i got nauseous which is very unusual for me!

i do appreciate the fact that this is a daring and different perfume especially from such a young (esp at the time) celeb, but its just not for me :(

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

I first tried this in the summer and enjoyed it enough to buy a mini, but now that autumn is kicking in, I find this scent really blossoming and coming into its own and I'm enjoying it 10x more.

I find the opening to be rich and creamy, almost chocolaty (like good velvety milk chocolate from a mom-and-pop chocolate shop, not the crap in the grocery store, nor the super high-end stuff that will bankrupt you), with a bit of juicy sweetness from the mango, and a mild creamy floral from what I imagine is the mango blossom (never smelled a mango blossom in real life).

There's a bit of spices and woodiness too, but they're mellow and subtle (which I prefer), and they manage not to make the fragrance too "dry"...often I find spice and wood notes correlate to a dryness in a fragrance (kind of similar to a dry wine, which I don't enjoy either), and I don't find these dry fragrances pleasant or comfortable to wear.

Dry-down is a mellow creamy amber with traces of the other notes, which I really enjoy. This might become one of my favorite scents for autumn and winter. Might just have to pick up a full bottle.

mil1991
mil1991

this is might be different from others celebrity frags,its a oriental floral spicy scent,when 1st time i sniff it,it definetly smelled like mangosteen and a bit of musk..but after the dry down it become completely like sweet mangosteen and musk..super duper nice scent to wear at special occasion coz for me the scent is not really suits for daily wear.

Aubynik
Aubynik

Not gonna lie...I'm usually not a fan of celebrity fragrances. They tend to be too sweet, fruity, and smell so close to each other that you can't differentiate between any of them.

Fast forward to me getting this for a Dirty Santa gift one year...I wasn't thrilled, but decided to spray it on any way. And what a nice surprise! This is absolutely delicious!

I can definitely smell the spices and the wood which I attribute to why I actually like this perfume. Although it is sweet, it has a richness and that bit of spice to nicely balance everything out. I don't get any mango. And only get a tad of the musk. But that's ok! It smells fantastic anyway.

Denoula
Denoula

I'd never heard of cocobolo before but now know it's a South American tree with dense, oily wood. With Love seems to be the only fragrance that uses it and it is certainly very different. To me this scent is very reminiscent of sun tan cream, rather coconutty or like a cocktail. Noticeable sillage and longevity. Not for me though; I find it cloying.

clairedot
clairedot

I love this so much! my friend cannot stand it but i dont see how! its not my usual smell i'm into fruity floral sweet smells but this is just perfect! Warm and cozy, reminds me of winter (or is that because i got it at christmas one year?) it's mature and sexy, my boyfriend loves it, it's stunning <3

sweetharmony

I got this as a Christmas gift along with several other small samples. I'm not sure if I really like this one, but I will give it another try. It's a little too spicy for me.

Kiyenna
Kiyenna

Much too mature to be from Hilary Duff. o.O This definitely does not remind me of her! But it gave me warm thoughts of my momma. It's very comforting and a little sweet. So I gave it to her. :)

ladybug513
ladybug513

I seem to be the only voice of dissent on this one! I read the wonderful reviews about the fragrance and bought it blind, as I've been seeking a "comfort" fragrance for a while. This does not work with my chemistry. On me, it smells much like "Angel", which I do not appreciate. Contrary to how it seems to be "sweet and woody" on everybody else, this was extremely masculine-smelling on me. Only at the bitter end (8 hours later) did it become even remotely sweet. I will continue my hunt for a sweet comfort fragrance!

rainydays
rainydays

Bought this blind, so glad I did! It's delicious! I would classify as it as almost spicy gourmand, it feels almost edible. Very spicy, with creamy, sweet undertones. There's a note in it that's a little sharp (can't detect what it is), but it's subtle and doesn't detract from the scent. With Love is perfect for a cold and windy day. It's very much for a woman... sensual and cozy.

anneymn
anneymn

This perfume is woody and sweet. It reminds me of wood and honey/vanilla. The smell lasts for a long time, hours and hours. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the sharpness that accompanies the sweet smell, otherwise it's good stuff. Cozy smell, good for winter months.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

At first it was a little fruity-with-an-edge, which had me interested...but it quickly dried down to a sharp-watery-spicey scent. My chemistry is not cooperating with this one!

the churumbel
the churumbel

With love es una fragancia perfecta para mi,sera por Elizabeth Arden, o no se.. pero a mi me parece que es un perfume que va para ser un clasico...es un perfume de celebridad pero yo creo que E.A. le puso mucho amor a este.
En mi, duro mas de cuatro horas :)

SS79
SS79

This was a blind buy for me, based on the notes and reviews. I recived it today and OMG I LOVE this fragrance.. I am now perchasing the body lotion for layering and lasting power. It is so unique, warm and inviting.. deffinatly for colder weather, but I cant wait to wear it!! I dont have anything like it in my collection, deff glad I bought it ;-)

...also bought the 3.4oz bottle too.. yup ill be stocked for a while! Helps when u find great deals online!!

Christian14596
Christian14596

very bold fragrance.. coming from Hilary i would have expected a girl fruity floral (like her second one) but no.. this is unique. Not everybody will like it.. i can really smell the spices and the mango (but its not fresh more like dried mango)then the creamy cocobolo wood starts to come in which is the only thing i find sweet in this perfume ( but not sickly sweet).then finally the dry down is like any other fragrance its vanilla but theres something different almost like a chocolate + vanilla mix.. As for the lasting power .. its okay,not great though.. but for the price i think its okay.. i cant use this fragrance all the time as it is a little bit too spicy .. i have to be in the mood for it!

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

I love the expensive look of the bottle. Though the price was more than reasonable. The bottle looks gorgeous on my glass vanity. The "juice" within smells exotic and lovely. I highly recommend this fragrance. Once in awhile I will use it as room freshner as well. That way I can enjoy it while I am drifting off to sleep. :-)

karenprattis
karenprattis

I bought this perfume whilst on holiday in Florida and it smelt amazing on me, I realy loved it. When I got back to cold Scotland and it smelt horrible on me, giving me headaches and making me feel sick. My sister now has it and she loves it which is a bonus.

Give it a try, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

very surprised with this news that with love is being discounted they got rid of it on the Elizabeth Arden website weird wasn't a bad fragrance pretty popular among young girls wonder why they discounted with love and wrapped with love maybe people have forgotten about miss Hilary duff and her fragrances

JaneCandy
JaneCandy

As celebrity fragrances go, this one wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, the scent had almost no staying power which was rather disappointing.

cukikaim
cukikaim

My favorite Perfume<3this has a very delicate fragrance!!!!!!in winter time advisable:)<3

Marimer
Marimer

I really wanted to like it, as I have never liked spicy perfumes but this listed on the notes my fave fruit, mango, so gave it a try... oh, so sad, I only got pineapple and real "Old spice" scent on my skin, very masculine as all woody/spicy fragrances on me.

picisziv
picisziv

I gifted myself with a 3.3 oz/100 ml bottle of With love. I really don't like blind purchases, but as it's not available in my town I relied on your reviews, and because it was a very low price for this great amount I had the brave to order from the internet - unsniffed.
I am addicted to this vintage bottle and packaging.
At the head my impression was very close to Christina Aguilera (the beige one with the black lace around), not the smell, only the impression. They are both warm, both have a hint of spicy undertone.
The heart is totally different. While CA stays very warm and vanillic, With love becomes spicy and woody. I had CA as well and I need to lay down: With love would be my choice, much more sophisticated and pleasant. I think word 'sophisticated' is a bit overused here in Fragrantica but With love deserves it in my view.
And the base... my favourit part of all time. Base notes are the best notes in every perfume for me. Amber and musk? Honestly Hilary, was this made for me?
With love is so easy to love. It's a shame it's not so known. I agree to a reviewer below: if it was made by a famous perfume house it would be on it's way to be a classic.

EllenYaSoHawt
EllenYaSoHawt

I loved this when I smelled it in the store, but now that I have it, I'm just not impressed. Too grown up for me.

Whit
Whit

Whoa! Very different and unusual from anything else, but in a good way. The scent is hard to describe, but it's very long lasting. I bought the body lotion at Kohls; all they had was the tester, but even the lotion has incredible staying power. I was expecting something sweet and innocent with Hilary Duff, but I was pleasantly surprised; very grown-up frag. It's one of those you just have to try for yourself, but please let it dry down before you make a decision; it can be overpowering at first.

HarajukuLover123
HarajukuLover123

I love this Perfume so MUCH !!! I bought it today , the large bottle and hand cream , its great , Smell very adult like , something I would wear anywhere , its just something you like or you dont but I love it ! I love the bottle and the lid , the box it came in is also cool ! Fans of her or Great smelling perfume u should so get this !

cinsot
cinsot

A profoundly symbolic acquisition which smells divine.

I agree wholeheartedly with Cynicalwish about the distinct aniseed aroma. Soft black licorice (Aussies: think Darrell Lea) notes dominate on my skin. I love it! Yummy.

Many months ago I made a mental note to sniff this celebrity fragrance based on the favourable reviews below. I did so yesterday and it was a pleasant surprise indeed.

A lovely cuddly comforting winter scent.

miahreis
miahreis

I bought the full sized bottle and lotion set for $20 at walmart during Christmas, and it was a blind buy. I have that crazy habit of buying perfumes without smelling them, especially when I see they're selling them at a cheap price, several of which I should never have bought...I'll learn one day LOL I got this home, sprayed it on my wrist, and thought, "well, crap! I've bought yet another perfume I'll never wear!" But as time progressed, I kept smelling my wrist, and I kept detecting this creamy coconut-like note that I started to really like. As time progressed and the perfume dried down, the creaminess doesn't go away, and it kind of becomes warmer. So after all is said and done, or should I say "smelled," I really like this perfume and am glad I bought it!

madhatter1
madhatter1

I like it as a floral it lasted in my chemistry when I continued to sample it. I cannot wait to start wearing the set I just bought on a great deal.

jnet77
jnet77

I liked it a few years ago. Gross now. Maybe because it reminds me of an ex-friend that used to wear it. Besides that, it is a little too sharp for me.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I got a mini as a gift and I tried it and liked it even though I haven't wore it out. I sprayed it again today and found the top notes to be kind of similar to Lolita Lempika not identical of course. I couldn't believe it but on paper smells different than on my skin. if you have this perfume smell it again and try to compare it to see if you find it similar!

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

With Love loves me! I had my doubts about trying a warm scent with spices, but it really worked well with my body chemistry. I could smell the mangosteen, a lightly baked brown sugar smell, and coconut. When someone else walked by me, I thought she was wearing the exact same fragrance as me. She said she was wearing a coconut body spray, and we compared scents--they were very similar. The lasting power is great: at least 8 hours on me. This is a friendly warm scent appropriate for any age and any occasion.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I picked up teeny tiny sample today at TJMaxx and tried it when I got home, something about this one makes me nauseous and throat hurt, and I feel slight headache coming. It smells like a household cleaner to me. :(

lizzie81
lizzie81

I absolutely love this fragrance its addictive!! The first time i sprayed it I wasn't too sure about the rather sweet top note but its worth it for the absolutely beautiful cocobolo which i can smell all the way through from top note to dry down. I'm struggling to find any other perfume that contains this particular ingredient, can any one suggest one?? Very unusual celebrity fragrance and especially for her first one, not at all what you'd expect. I'm fairly neutral about Hilary Duff but i dig her taste in perfume!!

icingsugar
icingsugar

Really interesting for a celebrity fragrance. Not as sweet or sugary as I expected from Hilary and this is quite mature! I could see a wide age range of people wearing this one. It is very warm and clean smelling so perfect for both winter and summer. Also, it lasts quite a while on my skin. Really like this! On my second bottle now.

For a celebrity scent I found this quite nice. The incence note came out strongly on me. I received some compliments for this scent. The staying power was ok too. There was just something aquatic coming with the scent, which disturbed me a little, because I'm not into aquatic scents. Also my bottle caused problems after a while of using, so I did not bother about re-buying.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I don't know why but I get some coconut-y saltness out of this one, that strangely reminds me of Womanity (with no fig)... Does anybody else gets that?

poivrerose
poivrerose

At first spritz it is a lush spiced mangosteen - fruity, fresh, and invigorating. But if you give it time, the spices really begin to brew with the wood note, becoming exotic wood shavings with spiced fruit softly resting in the background. The musky base is very gentle, fitting, and I find it calming. It is just very well composed in my opinion - nothing jarring or nagging about it - just smoothly runs its course. Easy to wear. It's definitely woodsy, but not overly so. This wood is more like lightly sweetened, spiced sawdust, just sprinkled with mangosteen juice. I don't actually find this masculine at all, I think it is just a unique take on a feminine scent. Quite often receive compliments from men when I wear this.
With Love is one of my favorites. It was one of those scents that I tried on, and then later wondered what smelled so fabulous, and finally realized it was me! What an excellent dry down. I find it pleasantly different from anything I've ever come accross. Sillage - good. Longevity - good.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I tried this and didn't like it. In my opinion, it is too masculine and spicy. This scent wasn't at all what I was expecting from Hilary Duff, especially since the fragrance is called "With Love." That being said, I also tried "Wrapped with Love" and really enjoyed the fruitiness of it. Unfortunately, I can no longer find local stores that carry the scent. Maybe it was limited edition? I find that "With Love" has a very sophisticated bottle but falls flat scent wise when compared to "Wrapped with Love."

StarMagix
StarMagix

I bought this one un-sniffed. ;-) It was a pleasant surprise to find it was quite lovely for a change of pace. It is not a favorite for me, but it is very pretty. I do wear it, and I do like it very much when I do wear it. It is just not one of my go to scents as often as some of my other perfumes. I do think the bottle is uniquely designed and I love that. I am not good on describing different notes within a fragrance. I do know if the perfume is a quality scent by the dry down and how long it last. This one has decent lasting ability and the dry down is not chemical, or dirty smelling. All being said, I have this, I use this, and I really enjoy this fragrance when I am wearing it. It is well worth adding to your fragrance wardrobe. IMO

Fragaria
Fragaria

I almost bought this blind after reading the reviews but bought another I had been wanting longer. It bothered me I might have missed a huge bottle of something so lovely! I've since had another chance to practically steal this but this time there was a tester! I can say nothing nice about this perfume. It doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled. If you don't simply love spicy strong perfumes, you might not like this. I don't think this would be a good blind buy in general.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Normally I don't like or go for spicy scents but this one isnt like pepper spice, It is a nice sweet spice, You can smell hints of fruit and woods in this one, I love the bottle it is a wonderful fragrance. It can be dressed up or down depending on you're mood. Lasting power is pretty good, you wont have to re apply.

weegee
weegee

Bought on a hot, humid day late last summer, seduced by the beautiful bottle (yeah, I know...),couldn't stand the spices or the mysterious "cocobolo" and shipped it off to a young friend. She wore it all winter and recently called me while wearing it to thank me all over again. Later that day, a very cold and damp rainy day, I saw another bottle while out shopping and sprayed myself generously, just to refresh my memory.

Wow! For 10 hours the most delicious fragrance seemed to follow me, warming on my skin and wafting up from my wool sweater. Cold temps completely changed the impression of this fragrance for me.

I bought another bottle! First time I've EVER "rebought" after discarding. My new bottle just arrived this afternoon --another cold, rainy day-- and I couldn't be happier.

Masculine? Yes, if woody notes strike you that way. Subtle? Not at all. Wearable? Very much so! The ingredients are seamlessly blended and I can't parse out the mango but I do sense that it's mango's sweetness that elevates the amber and musk and keeps the whole mix more feminine than masculine.

It's inexpensive. Try it if you haven't done so. If you have a bottle and are less than thrilled with it, give it another go before you part with it as I did.

Highly recommended!

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Opening is way too spicy even for me, but the dry down is so worth it. A very spicy, oriental scent that starts of strong and lingers there far too long to be enjoyable. I love the drydown, it's so warm and feminine it just takes way too long to get there. I only recommned this if you like masculine colognes that turn into feminine perfumes.

If you want something similar that gets to the floral heart faster, try Beckham Signature for Her (the purple one).

Psyche
Psyche

One of my absolute fragrances. To me With Love isn't so much fruity as it is woodsy....and that is what I love about it...the floral and fruity aspects are only really there to accentuate the gorgeous woodsy smell.

To me I can't smell coconut (I am VERY sensitive to coconut smells as I don't like coconut AT ALL) but I smell cedar wood, which I assume is the cocobolo.

Wow. this is truly a unique treat, done thoughtfully, tastefully....easily can be worn by any age in my opinion as it's got a touch of youthful sparkle but a very proud, handsome, warmth.

With Love is one of my most favourite go-to fragrances and I'm tempted to say it's *almost* my signature scent. Second-to-next signature scent? ;-)

Eos
Eos

On my skin this smells a lot like Versace Crystal Noir. Both are woody, spicy, musky scents. Somehow both come off as having a coconut note even though its not listed.

Here are the major differences between the two scents: Versace Crystal Noir lasts longer, seems to have an unlisted fig note and has better sillage. Hilary Duff's With Love is lighter, more refined, is creamier and less soapy.

Neither of these are my cup of tea, but if I had to wear one of them it would definitely be Hilary Duff With Love.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This perfume is a pleasant surprise for a celeb scent. After smelling countless fruity florals, it's nice to have a celeb veer off into a different genre of perfumes.

The first spray has a bright mango scent and the spice mellows it down a bit. As it dries down, it starts to smell like a creamy, chocolatey wood scent. I'm guessing that's the cocolobo scent, which I never even heard of but smells quite nice.

This is a versatile scent and I can see women wearing this day or night, work or the club. Just a couple more sprays at night and you're good to go. Thumbs up, Hilary Duff. :)

GemmaMB138
GemmaMB138

I am in love with this scent!
It smells absolutly delish! I love its lasting power on my skin too! 9/10!

midhav
midhav

After reading the list of ingredients i thought that i would love this smell. But all i could smell was coconut (witch i love) and dirt and something that i guess is cocobolo. This is the first perfume that made me have an headache to the point of getting migrane.
I´m sorry to say that this was not for me.
Try before you buy!

Prettynightmary

I`m wearing With love again after a while. And I`m getting a really beachy feeling! I actually surprised by this, cause in my mind this has been very cozy, warm "couch, blanket and a good book" scent. And now I`m getting this warm, tropical breeze of mango, a bit coconut and creamy spices. Just amazing!

Cynicalwish

I still have to decide if I like it or not. It doesn't smell like that on me. I bet that I would have found anise or licorice in the notes, because this is what I pick up mostly when I smell it on my wrists. It's definitely mostly woody and spicy on me.

I forgot to say that my boyfriend bought it for me, he tried it on his skin and he loved it, but he told me that it was so sweet and yummi to his nose... Well, it's not like that on mine! I guess I had a different idea about this frag in my mind...

SexySpice
SexySpice

Very safe, very wearable, very "girl-next door" everyday scent. Very mid-America region scent, very rural, very down-to-earth. This is what the scent says to me.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Yes..the cocobolo is the core of this scent. If you like earth/wood scents, you will like this. Very pretty, not overwhelming. Very simple, uncomplicated scent. Fruity/woods...nice scent. The cocobolo is distinct from the other common wood bases used in perfumes.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

CREAMY WOOD scent. The cocobolo stands out right away! I happen to love this one. It is perfect for the winter.

I don't think this one is oriental spicy - more oriental floral. Sweet, deep and wonderful. Very nice. Its a scent that stays close to the person who wears it, next person have to stand close to smell it. I really like that kind of fragrances.

Jag tycker inte att den är oriental kryddig utan mer oriental blommig. söt, djup och jättehärlig. En doft som stannar nära den som bär den, nästa person måste stå nära för att känna den. Såna dofter tycker jag mycket om.

Orielle
Orielle

"With Love" has a delicious milky buttery drydown. There's just enough spice to stop it being sickly sweet, and it has a very sensual vibe. Much better than most other celebrity perfumes IMHO.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Love this fragrance . a deep almost chocolate like smell. spices and vanilla whit hint of fresh Peach It dosn`t smell alot of flowers on my skin but is more of a warm and comfy sent, whit a creamy sweet spicy team . not bad at all for a selleb fragrance , lasts a long time aswell. This to me is more of an afternon fragrance

pinki
pinki

I was very surprised at how much I love this fragrance. I tried it while on holiday in Florida and on my skin it smells like coconut, cinnamon and sweet flowers. I bought a small bottle and love to wear it on grey, rainy days (like today!). Immediate mood-lifter and my boyfriend says it smells like vacation!

This fragrance is made by Elizabeth Arden and is one of the few fragrances which doesn't bring me out in a rash. Staying power is excellent and I always get asked what I am wearing when I have this on. Couldn't wear this everyday but it's great for a change of pace. Very unique smell, but a bit too 'young' for me for everyday (I'm in my 30s).

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

WITH LOVE is a light spicy oriental fragrance with fruity gourmand notes. The unique choice of mangosteen fruit, blend of spices and warm woods makes this fragrance quite appealing to me. I have read that Hilary was involved in the fragrance construction and design. I have to give her the credit for taking the road less travelled.

I have never smelled real mangosteen fruit but the opening reminds me of mango and coconut body lotion. It is tropical, creamy and delicious but it still smells to me more like a luxurious body lotion than a perfume. The heart notes are more sophisticated. The mangosteen scent is more refined and subtle layered with the wood accent and light spice notes of cinnamon and cardamom. The base notes are sweeter and almost vanilla gourmand on my skin but not like a real vanilla bean but more like a creamy vanilla pudding. I completely agree with sherapop on this comparison made in the review below.

This fragrance I think marries the oriental spicy theme with the modern fruity gourmand fragrances quite well in a non-aggressive and gentle way. This fragrance is like a beautiful western girl on the trip to Morocco. She is genuinely curious about other cultures and tries on authentic jewelry and pieces of clothing at the local market. They suit her so well and she looks beautiful and exotic in them. But in the end she is still this western girl next door with blond hair and blue eyes. This fragrance has spicy oriental component but in the end it is fruity gourmand to me.

The fragrance has medium sillage and longevity is at least 8 hours.

Hilary Duff WITH LOVE is a comfort scent. Rather than mango and cocobolo (whatever that is...), I smell vanilla pudding with just a dash of cinnamon. Creamy and ever-so-slightly spicy, WITH LOVE has exceeded my expectations. But what were those expectations, sherapop? the astute reader will spontaneously inquire. And it is true, guilty as charged, I had already convicted this fragrance of unwearability. Indeed, I even specially selected WITH LOVE to test right now, with the prospect of a hot bath already on the horizon...

WITH LOVE is wearable and could easily fill that comfort-scent slot in any even snobby perfumista's collection. But that slot has already been amply filled in my case, so I won't be adding WITH LOVE to my collection. Vanilla pudding fragrance lovers: you'll want to give this creation a sniff. Give it several seconds to develop to its full extent, and lo, you will find yourself in a vat of creamy vanilla pudding.

***********************

Update: a wikipedia factfinding mission has yielded this information about cocobolo, which I apparently am detecting as cinnamon (I also thought there was a just touch of sandalwood in this composition...):

"Care must be used when cutting Cocobolo, as the wood's oils can induce allergic reactions if inhaled or exposed to unprotected skin and eyes. A dust collection system, coupled with the use of personal protective equipment such as respirators, is highly recommended when machining this wood."

Fortunately, the cocobolo in WITH LOVE has no such effect upon this wearer, but knowing the above raises the question why a perfumer would choose to use it in his/her creation...

cupcake
cupcake

This is a very warm, deep scent. It is quite a mature scent to me, which was a surprise. It is not a fragrance that is for me, but I do think it is a nice scent.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This little jewel was a very pleasant surprise for me. I tested this today and got my socks rocked off at how yummy this is. I have a whole new respect for Hilary after smelling this! It starts out really fruity on me but after about an hour it completely changes into this creamy, spicy incense type smell. This is not at all what I envisioned this perfume to smell like. I am in love! I don't think I would wear this too much in the spring/summer but for fall & winter this is perfect. Although I am interested to see what this perfume will do in the summer heat. Perhaps it will totally change again and be more fruity? I will most certainly test it again when it becomes about 85 degrees and see what happens....

gazelle
gazelle

I fell inlove with the 1/2 oz bottle, a crystal jewel. I wanted to tie a gold string around it and hang it on the Christmas tree. The scent is also lovely, but too light and short lived for my preference. I'll most likely pass it on to my youngest daughter whose chemistry works magic on those scents that wreck havoc on my nose or are just too young for my age.

Does skin color have anything to do with how a fragrance develops on the individual? I'm medium and she is much lighter in skin tone.

How about her being in her late 20's and me being post menopausal?

mightymarshal
mightymarshal

This is actually one of my favorite perfumes to smell on a woman/girl. I'm 21, and more often than not girls my age smell like sugary perfumes. I love the spiciness of this. The vanilla can be a little over powering. To be honest, I've worn this before myself, mixed with a muskier cologne to brighten it up a little when I wanted something lighter. My sister owns several bottles, and has been wearing it for a few years now. I just want her to make a cologne already as a companion piece to this. If the female half of the With Love couple smells this good, I can't wait to see what the male counterpart smells like. Hopefully something just as spicy and musky, possibly similar to Dirty English.

scentous
scentous

dont waste your money on this as it does not last more than any ordinary deodorant..spicy woodsy not warm as in cosy oriental scents..an other proof to avoid celebrity perfumes..I bought it unsniffed according to so many good reviews here but a huge disappointment..bottle design is nice although the cap looks very cheap..

Sissi
Sissi

When i first tried this i thought sheesh
it's another run of the mill celeb fragrance but never say never it has great
Silage very long lasting smells expensive
for a fraction of the price.

It opens with sweet mango then in a minute
spices i detect Chai adds to the quasi exotic atmosphere of this scent the mystery of the scent of Cocobolo the first material ever used in a perfume
always keep me guessing what does it
smell like? it conjours like a ancient
Aztec market selling spices dyed in brightly colored dyes with it's intoxicating smell drifting though like
an offering to the Goddess of fertility,

The drydown returns to the scent of mango due to the note of Mango blossoms
sweetening with amber musk is elusive
that's because of the domineering notes
of Mango and Spices it hides in diluted forms.

With Love is no Ordinary teen celeb
kind of fragrance with it's transitional
sophistication of a mature perfume and
yet with the marketing though young
teenage girls this scent Yells

"I'm not a Girl and I'm not yet a woman"

delphine67
delphine67

This is a very nice scent, but very light. when I put it on cant hardly smell something.'Maybe because its a sample vial to dab on. But what I can smell is nice. spicy mango with a woody under tone. I would love to have a bottle

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I LOVE this perfume beyond all possible measure.
When it was first released I got a sample strip of this in a magazine and was generally dubious of celebrity scents, as I had yet to come across one that wasn't some sickly sweet over-powering mess. So I tried it on my wrist in the shop and was in heaven. I've worn it since and have gone through three 100ml bottles, and will continue to buy it.
This has become the perfume I compare all others with. Maybe it just really works with my chemistry, but even after four years I can't get enough. I really don't get any spices. What I get is an amazing slightly sweet woody goodness with the mangosteen just humming below the surface, present, but not enough for it to really smell especially fruity (although there is something somewhat tropical about it when I smell it in the bottle). As it wears the slightly sweet vanilla that was faint at first becomes more dominant, but still with a definite woody note which I guess is the cocobolo, that keeps it from smelling sugary.This perfume is so warm and one sniff never ceases to make me feel better. I always get compliments on it and my boyfriend just loves it on me. So for me this is a 10/10. And what a surprise from Hilary Duff!
Edit: I'm on my 5th bottle now... :)

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Received in the mail yesterday. All I can say is it's okay. I'm not really impressed, but it does smell pleasant with my chemistry. I get more of the fruit than the spice, and the drydown is soft and smells laced with butter. A very feminine fragrance, although a little more mature than I had expected. Overall, I like it enough to wear on occasion.

michellecoburn
michellecoburn

This is a huge comfort scent for me. Great on chilly days because this fragrance warms you up. I get lots of sweetness with what smells like spiced apples,lots of vanilla and warm spices. Yum!

tvu
tvu

To me this smell like papaya but nothing like mango that was suggested. I like it, it is light & sensual. However, it is not long lasting on my skin.

rubyred
rubyred

Not good on me. but it lasted all day. I immediately wanted to scrub it off but made myself wait it out to see if it improved. It didn't. It's only AU$16 for a 100ml bottle and lots of reviews are good. Can a fruity floral person every truly appreciate oriental spice? Not With Love.

bootylicious321
bootylicious321

Really nice... The fragrance begins with a sparkling top of sultry, succulent mangosteen fruit, inviting you in. An exotic blend of spices hints at the warmth that begins to unfold.

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

frangrant1000
frangrant1000

it;s very sriking, and spicy. it's very exotic but so strong! it is nothing like the other one, wrapped with love. this one is more grown up,the scents really differ.

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I don't know what to say about this one... But I bought it according to the reviews here (it was a blind buy) and I am sorry to say that but this fragrance is not that unique :/

It's not bad, warm, sensual, not much fruityness is going on though, much more oriental spicy and better to be used in cold weather... The drydown is for me pretty boring and kinda suffocating... I will keep this one away on the shelf till cold winter days arrive...
PS: My mum liked it though.

Edit: It kinda suits cold weather now I can feel that in such weather it compliments my skin. Wearable. ;)

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Today I am not in any frame of mind to challenge myself with dark, ponderous, nerve-wracking perfumes so I decided to take Sherapop's lead and dabble in some celebrity perfumes intead.

In Love is exactly what I was looking for. To me, it smells like warm gingerbread (mango-free to my nose thankfully). Soft, gently spiced & incredibly comforting. It is filling a very real security-blanket-shaped hole in my soul today.

It is quite linear though and I can see it really grating on my nerves after a while when I am back to my usual cheerful, laissez-faire self. But I cannot imagine a better scent to give me a big, warm, reliable nostril hug when I really need it.

This one is smooooooth and creamy. Lightly spicy and quickly turns into a really soft scent of honey vanilla. Hardly detect the mango unless I dig into it. Not much is going on but it's nice one and easy to wear.

miku1333
miku1333

1st trial:

-pure creamy coconut.

2nd:

Sweet honey.

3rd-Incense and and balsams.

This is very nice for fall and winter.I think this is a very unique scent and the bottle is stunning.It is just mildly spicy but most likely considered sweet.I reccomend for all ages.

nyoka
nyoka

I dont think age of wearer matters on this one!Its a LIte oriental.If ur older wand want something not so spicy or younger and want to shy away from so much fruit,this one fits the bill>first sniff u can almost taste a big juicy mango with juice running down ur chin.THeres just enough spice to bring out the milky,creamy cocoa vanilla sweetness.The spice is like ice cream on top of apple pie.THere is a smooth amber musk dry down that whispers goodby,Very long lasting.

Chrissie8809
Chrissie8809

This is quite possibly my favourite scent, couldn't agree more with the "warm/sensual" comments and the lasting power is amazing, it doesn't budge...which is just perfect if you love this milky, coconut-ty liquid :D

Certainly not what i'd expected from Hilary Duff, and had I just been going off the celeb I wouldn't have bought it, but i'm soooo glad I did!

debob
debob

I had this and gave it to my Mother.
I missed it and decided to give it another chance. I absolutely love the scent now. It's sooooo sexy and tropical. I don't know all my notes, but what I can smell is strong mango and spice. It lasts forever. When I wear this I am transported back to the Virgin Islands, sitting on a beach with a flower in my hair.

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

Extremely stong definitely, but when applied lightly, it is beautiful. When i first sprayed it, I felt it was very...mature? Almost old lady like, there was a note that reminded me of those kind of frags. But now...I love it and am proud to have it in my collection.

Prettynightmary

At first it`s a juicy oriental and then turns sweet, soft, vanilla-ish, coffee with milk and caramel with little spice. It stays like that for hours. Warm, cozy and sexy. Strong, so keep that in mind.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I´m in love with this since came out,in my opinion this is a nice fragrance,unique,not a typical celebrity smell,very well done,sophisticated and youthful,it makes me feel happy and sexy,is not a typical woody scent very nice balanced,sweet but not overwhelming,it stays on my skin all day,i totally recomend this. :)

So sad that it´s discontinued :(

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

pretty bottle and thats about it every bodys saying how spicy it is uhmm...no it just has something uncommon in it that didnt go well with the peach this has fallen flat to say the least! stinky and weird where ever they was trying 2 go with this they didnt get there not even close oh well hillary its not nearly as bad as -fairly dust by paris hilton or can can and is way better than halleberrys palmer cocobutterlotion smelling disaster-and anything celine dion has put out yuck i do believe those are the ones that truly gave celebrity scents the bad name it is what it is . . . tacky

lialuvhatetragedy

I'm now writing a second review on this frag after about 3months wearing it.

These are the actual notes mangosteen fruit, exotic spices, chai latte, mangosteen blossom, cocobolo wood, balsam, incense, amber milk and amber musk.

This fragrance brings me the nostalgia as the top notes really reminds me of my childhood days in my grandparents home. They are few mangosteen trees grown by them outside the house and when the mangosteen season arrives, i remember the same smell of mangosteen blossoms which this frag has captured pretty well. (I live in tropical country Malaysia, where the fruit is available throughout the country during its season). For that i really love this frag but sadly the top notes doesnt last that long on my skin rather than when i spray it on clothes.

But that doesnt really matter, as later i really love the smell of sth creamy and woody with a trail of amber on my skin.I really cant stop sniffing my wrists when i'm wearing it.

Above all, i really love love love this frag as it is nostalgic, unique and lovely for me. (^_^)

guest_Nicknock
guest_Nicknock

To me this is an amasing and very special perfume! Exotic, creamy, misterious.. i think the whole product is an incredibile success because somehow there is a personal touch in everything starting from the ingridients, the general mood, the package.. It is deffinitely made With LOVE! It makes me still more happy about this purchase the fact that I was contemplating buying the new Si Lolita by Lolita Lempica. I was saving for it since it costs almost 3 times more but found out that With love is so similar.. it is even better to my nose for the mango in the top notes while Si Lolita has something like cherry instead. So happy I found it and something made me try it on despite my usual snobiness in parfums!

guest_deb
guest_deb

This is a very sweet spicy perfume as others have stated. I usually like fruity floral, and feel that the spicy ones are more "old lady" scents. However, there is enough sweetness in this perfume to appeal to a fruit lover. Also, although spicy, it is sweet enough to keep it from smelling like a man's fragrance. A very different perfume. I find that the top notes remain in the mix for quite a while. And yes, it is a very strong perfum and really lasts.

alexanna7
alexanna7

With love is a nice and sweet fragrance!On me,i smell:mango, spices,amber,almost like a praline with spices and mango flowers!It last long,like an oriental-spicy! Love the sweetness and the spicyness in it!

rosered
rosered

I like it , dont love it though
It is different and thats what I like
it has a smell that is familiar , yet I cannot put my finger on it !
Its not bad at all , glad to add it to my collection of ''fumes '' hee hee

AcePilot
AcePilot

This is my Sillage MONSTER! It just wont fade! I enjoy the smell, but there is something about its strength that gives me a stomach ache. One spray and I cant still smell it hours later, I dont know what it is about it, but No matter how much I love the smell, but it makes me feel sick. :(

CamillaCC
CamillaCC

I was surprised, I expected worse from Duff. But I still hated this scent at the end of the day, mossy woodsy sugar smell and I usually like woodsy smells but this scent takes it to a whole new level. The sweet sugary smell it starts off with made me think it was aimed at 15 to 20 year olds. Its sugary smell was dizzying to me, took 40 mins for that to fade and go more woodsy. Once it went woodsy I thought, "Oh this should be for men!" Duff tried to go for something retro glam but she missed. I like the box but the bottle I think looks cheap like a drugstore brand. Fades easily amongst my other perfumes.

Lucero
Lucero

Like creamy milky vanilla,i think its well balanced.i dont really like oriental florals or vanilla but i looove this one,& i dnt find it strong at all as others have said.

I hated this. More than I hated Believe by Britney Spears. Although, this might very possibly be because I walked away from a test sniff with what threatened to be an impending migraine. I've given it about 4 test sniffs (all on different days) and left with a pounding in my head. I'm not even sure what it is. It might have been ok if it wasn't so overwhelming, it might be acceptable if it were toned down a bit. My friend said the smell actually reminded him of buttered popcorn.

lillybee
lillybee

The opening of With Love is fruity and woody, giving it a fairly sweet start. The main note I detect is some sweet citrusy odour mixed with spices such as cinnamon or clove. The fruity - woody and somewhat spicy accord is sweet but not overpowering, it's upbeat and different from the usual sticky fruity openings.

The spices gradually fade after half an hour, however, some of the fruity theme continues with now more of a floral theme. The woods are equally present. Having tested a few modern oriental - woody compositions this summer (e.g. Sensuous by Estee Lauder), in terms of woodiness With Love was possibly the best. It's markedly woody but also soft, dry and juicy at the same time, it blends in well with the exotic - fruity feel and anchors the otherwise fleety impression.

I was pleasantly surprised by the composition, which is light, airy and sweet but because it has a marked woody - ambery feel, it makes it stand out somewhat from the countless fruity-floral synthetics. The drydown is a warm, cashmere-like, milky and musky sytnthetic skin note.

You can tell there are lots of synthetics in here as the fragrance doesn't react to temperature or with the skin's oils itself. It'll practically evaporate entirely as sillage so to make it last as a decent Eau de Toilette (6 - 8 hours), spray it on clothes. Synthetic fragrances perform badly in winter as their consistency is often weak.

oj10065882
oj10065882

the correct notes of this fragrance is mangosteen,spices,chai latte.mangosteen blossom,cocobolo wood,balsam,incense,amber milk,and amber musk.i love this frag because it is sweet and a little spicy.The bottle is pretty nd i smell magosteen at first spritz.when i first bought it,i could only smell coconut,but soon, you will know the real scent of this perfume.it is surprisingly cheap price just lovely for teens but quite mature for a young celebrity like Hilary Duff,quite impressed.it is great for fall and winter and great for dates.it is a special fragrance in my opinion.it is romantic and great for teens.

lialuvhatetragedy

The 1st time i smelled it on the test strip i thought it really smelled different from other celebrity perfumes that i'd smell. It took sometime for me to decide whether to love it or to hate it n it turned out to be... really love it. I just couldn't stop myself from sniffing the test strip over n over again. I thought it was warm, sensual, and sexy. I'm not into floral fruity type so this one fits me just nice. very nicely done n that includes the bottle as well very pretty!

Just bought a bottle of it together with the lotion last week n the lasting power is pretty good, it lasted until few hours on me.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I couldn't care less about celeb scents or who makes them. That being said, I sniffed a sample of this one and then found a reasonably priced mini, so now it's mine.
If you're thinking "oriental spicy" in the genre of Opium, this is not your frag.
The top is sweet from the mango, which is nicely different from the typical citrus or plum openers. I can't discern any specific spices. Nothing hot, more an overall creamy chai-like tone. This turns into a powdery chocolate heart with a vanilla nuance and the mango trailing through it. You have to wait quite awhile for the bottom which is warm and pleasing.
I don't think it's all that strong, except at 1st spritz. Longevity is average, I couldn't pick up anything after 5 hours. Overall, it's not really my style, but a wearable scent if you like gourmand. I'll enjoy smelling like a cup of chocolate until I use it up.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I'M ALL FOR FRUITY FLORAL PERFUMES HOWEVER EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I LIKE A CHANGE FROM THE TYPICAL "CELEBRITY" SCENT, I MAY WANT A LIL MORE DEPTH... I GOT THIS LAST X-MAS AND TRIED IT OUT ONLY TO FIND THAT THIS WAS WAAAY TOO STRONG OF A SCENT FOR ME INTIALLY, ALL I COULD SMELL WERE THE FIERY HOT SPICES BUT IT DID DRYDOWN TO SOMETHING MORE SUBTLE AND WARM... I SUPPOSE WITH A LIGHT HAND THIS ONE MAY BE OK FOR SOME JUST NOT FOR ME...

moonwalker
moonwalker

I had very high expectations for this one.. I tried it almost every day and I couldn ´t wait till my bottle finally came :) Unfortunately almost immediately as it came I started to smell some disharmony in top notes... it just doesn ´t work right, I can´t explain it but there is simply some fault note...anyway give it 15 minutes and the disharmony goes away and you have the pleasure to experience very warm, woody, a bit spicy creamy amber smell. I can also smell coconut though it is not listed. It is very exotic oriental perfume.
I am not crazy about it and I wear it when I don´t want to make any statement...just to smell good.
Sillage is very good and lasting power is about 6 hours which is pretty good for the price tag.

Further, I would say that this (sadly) was very good celebrity scent. What I appreciate the most is its originality.. first of all, it is not your typical sugary cotton candy celebrity perfumes. And the celebrity scents which are not cotton candy are usually "inspired" by another famous and original scent (think Truth or Dary by Madonna or Kim Kardashian first scent). But not this one... It is nether cotton candy nor it is copy of another fragrance.

****************

UPDATE: So I am almost finishing my bottle and as I was really convinced that I was not going to buy this fragrance again.... well I am not quite sure about it right now.. The drydown of this perfume is sooo delicious. This is really a comfort scent and the more you wear the more you like it :)

UPDATE2: Well, I got two back up bottles... :)

NatWeb
NatWeb

This fragrance was far more mature an elegant than I was expecting from Hilary Duff. Interestingly get none of the fruits on me and can't pick up vanilla like some others here. I got a really woody, spicy fragrance that was a beautiful day option but would also work for night. Staying power was pretty good too and I quite liked the old fashioned bottle.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

Unfortunately I really hate this one. (Help! This horrible MUSK smell will NOT wash off!!!) :'( I am so sorry to those who love this! It is gross and makes me feel sick to smell it... Horrible, horrible. :'(...so so sad. I really like Hillary Duff, she seems like a sweety pie. :)

I am probably the worse person to review this fragrance. But I am learning that woodsy/ spicey orientals are NOT for me!

Unfortunately I can't smell any of the notes everyone is talking about, or listed here in the description. To a fruity floral lover, this smells like old-spice your grandfather would wear. Much more like a cologne than a girly fragrance. Do women actually wear this?

Don't get me wrong, the other celebrity fragrances on the other side of the spectrum such as Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, and Paris Hilton I seem to equally loath but for the opposite reason. They gag you with too much sweet-ness, gourmand. And they smell cheap. :'( They're such a let down... You can tell this isn't what they should do; I know this sounds mean and I feel terrible but they gag me and I have to be honest about that. Chemical and cheap. Is there a nice Celebrity Fragrance actually in existence?

:( I am so sad, as I am learning about fragrance there doesn't seem to be many I do like as I am very fussy. For girly-girls. You probably won't like this as it is very mature. I am so sorry to everyone who loves this catagory of fragrance, as I said I am the worst and not someone to judge it as I seem to really hate the catagory all together. :(

Well at least I tried! :)

I will eventually figure out what I love.

Is it me or does this smell like really bad calogne for men that went bad, like old spice or something, or cheap old fashioned older woman's perfume that went bad? Maybe it's just my nose. We all smell things different.

The search continues! Gave this little sample to my Mom as she likes it. :) Glad to have other women to give ones to that I don't like! Sharing the love, and fragrance. :)

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Very nice fragrance,I like it very much,honestly before i have it I expected scent similar to Britney`s which are very nice too,but they are funny and delicious, and With Love is not so sweet scent for me ,its very classy and not girly perfum,really woman scent

c3c
c3c

I don't know what cocobolo smells like in person, but I like the woody note coming through and the amber adding sweetness. Those two notes give this depth. The mango gives it a nice fruity side but isn't overpowering. To me it's a really sweet and rather strong scent to be worn in small amounts, and it lasts for several hours. It reminds me of Diesel Fuel For Life pour Femme with mango instead of mandarin.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

AT first I could not stand this scent but tried it again and purchased it tonight and let it seep into my skin. Its fruity but to me it smells like coconut too but don't seem to see that in the ingredients???? Its a fruity floral to me and very long lasting and strong-good choice for spring time, winter is heavy and this scent is better worn in the lighter days of wheather.

KellyBellyz
KellyBellyz

This fragrance is unique and exotic. The bottle itself is nice except the cap kinda throw me off. I think the bottle could look more classy if the cap is replaced with something better.

Anyhow down to the juice, it is definitely a sweet, oriental perfume. The initial blast is sweet, and i can definitely smell something creamy, something spicy and the cocobolo wood is present. I like the creamy, spicy and woodsy smell of this perfume. Maybe turn down the sweetness just a little. But for me, personally I feel that there is something missing in this perfume. I feel that it could go further? I think I would like this perfume to go darker, more sultry and mysterious, then for sure i would love this.

Also this perfume doesn't last long on my skin, so that sucks.

OceanLovePotion

At first, i had no desire to purchase this scent. too strong, not floral, etc. but now that I smell it at home, it starts to open up to all the notes. ii smell spices, licorish, caramel, anise, and vanilla. wonderful, though a little sophisticated for a 14-year-old. Not bad, Hilary!

bagelwhore
bagelwhore

When I first read the classification for this scent, I was expecting a completely overpowering spicy scent with a hint of floral. But I can honestly say that this scent surprised me.

Though the first spray is a little sharp, it quickly quiets down once the skin warms it up. Taking the spicy musk down to a creamier tone in no time. Then, just as I think I have a grasp on the scent, the citrus sneaks in to take the spotlight.

It's a scent layered with so much, and they all work so seamlessly together.
I shamelessly got my fellow employee in the cosmetics department to hand over all of the little spray samples that had been left over from a whole year. I keep them in my purse and have given some to my friends to share the 'with love' - pun completely intended ^-^

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

This fragrance was a pleasant surprise for me with its warm oriental notes. It is one of the best celebrity fragrances in my opinion. The opening is sweet in a really pleasanr gourmand way and the heart is woody and ambery. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to last long on my skin. The bottle is very beautiful.

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Truly an acquired scent for those who are willing to go out of their comfort zone.
Few people would warm up to this immediately - it's one of those rare fragrances that you have to take time and think about before you actually decide to hate or love it.

The fact that this was created by a tween pop idol is rather unusual, but its enticing, luminous scent differs from mainstream celevrity scents. This has earnt my respect.

danimcneil
danimcneil

i know that this perfume has been out for a while. I had tried when it first came out. at thst time, i didnt know much about perfume, and all i remember smelling is SWEET! But i saw the huge 3.3 oz beautiful bottle in a set with a small lotion at Walmart for $20.00. so i got it after reading good reviews. it is so different than a remember it! i am not a spicey perfume person at all, but this is spicey in a very exotic way. its almost like a deep mango cocoa butter. i personally adore the top notes the best. the only thing a dont like is that it doesn;t seem to last very long on me. all the revies said how strong and long lasting it was, but not on me :(... even with the lotion. anyway, to me this is a very exotic spicey/woody scent.. so different that what a usually buy, and that's what makes it special!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is the only fragrance I've ever tried that opens with a nice slightly sweet floriental wood scent, to dry down to a sweet floral fruity gourmand. The lovely wood goes as fast as it comes-the wood I smell is spices apparently, but after the flight of the spices I smell no wood...just sweet dustiness. Not a remarkable fragrance by any stretch of the imagination, but decent enough for cheap scents.

sky76sky
sky76sky

What a stir this fragrance caused over the last few weeks! Based on the glowing reviews & reasonable price I decided to try a little With Love, wondering which camp I would end up in...lovers or haters.

Normally, I'm very decisive about a fragrance: I know what I like & if it doesn't meet the mark, I'm not interested. But, with WL, I'm on the fence. I wasn't expecting a luxury perfume & on that score, I got what I paid for.

That said, this fragrance has some interesting & redeeming qualities: it is not your run-of-the-mill sweety, fruity celeb concoction....this one IS different, & quite strikingly so, due to the addition of a very strong cocobolo wood note. It transported me back on my travels to a shadey hut where beautiful bowls & ornaments were being hand-turned, shavings falling to the floor, the polished wood giving off a spikey, slightly rosey, resinous scent.

Combine this with a wonderful mangosteen & anise opener (oh to go back on my travels & eat those heavenly fruits!), a rich & honeyed fruity heart (similar to Halle, but, to my nose, less artificial) & plenty of light amber & you have a deep, sweet, rich & spicey fragrance with good projection & lasting power. "Sensual", "fruity & fun" & "unique" ...I was suprised to receive so many compliments.

This one may be a "grower" - the more I wear it the more I enjoy it, but I wish there was a luxury version where all the notes were more refined, rounded & as smoothly polished as the cocobolo wood.

All-in-all worth every penny I paid for it, but not a fragrance I love. My award for "cheap-but-fantastic" still goes to Cocoon.

Edit: If you are searching for a similar scent to With Love...try Charlie Chic, it is very similar yet slightly lighter on the wood-note.

ozjellybean
ozjellybean

'With Love' is certainly not a run of the mill pink fruit confection. I would describe it as a Pineapple Punch (as in a punch in the nose with a cedar wood club!) It has a certain bitter-incense charm but I would far prefer it on a man. Unfortunately my teen daughter used it with a very heavy hand. Used sparingly, in cold weather, I can see how it could make an enticing change from girly florals. But use with caution! Tends to linger on clothes even after washing.

Lady Love
Lady Love

When i try With love i think that my brother could wear this fragance. it's so complex,deep and sweet, the cocobolo and the spices make it strong and put a lot of personality to the fragance. Hilary Duff take a lot of risks in make this oriental spice, but i have to admit it is pleasantly different and enchanting if we compared 'with love' to the other always-the-same-fruity/floral fragance from pop singers.

The bottle is sooo classy and chic and that luxurious component is also caught in the scent..

Anahi
Anahi

Omg at first I was soo disappointed, its smells way too spicier than I thought, and for some reason I could smell washing up liquid. Not enough fruit or sweetness for my liking!

..But the dry down smells so much better, like a warm vanilla-ish/apricot base; but I purchase fragrances that have a great beginning, middle and end..this ONLY has a great end so I sure won't be buying this again!

pinkcatfurr
pinkcatfurr

Pleasantly surprised. Not a fruity floral. Thought it would be terrible for the celeb factor. Has an edge/unique smell I smell caramel, choclat and spices. Yums!

clairdelune
clairdelune

Like many others, I too bought this one based on the reviews here, and at first, felt I'd made a mistake.
With Love can be pretty overwhelming when you don't know what to expect. It's a huge sillage monster cleverly disguised in a pretty bottle and representing a pretty actress.
I over did it my first time out and thought it was un-wearable--just way too sweet for me. Since then I've sprayed more judiciously and found WL to be rather appealing. In addition to the mango and cocobolo wood, it has an anise note which to me, distinguishes it from the flock of celebrity scents.
I still have to be in the mood for it, but I'm keeping it and will just use small amounts.
Be warned, this one has tremendous staying power too. To be "Without Love" requires a hot shower with lots of soap. Still, if you like sweet, woody scents and appreciate anise, it's definitely worth a try.

Kristel
Kristel

Very unique. Its fresh, oriental scent. Smell the exotic fruits, rich woods and sultry ambers of this effervescent, oriental fragrance.
Just try it, and you will fell in love.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This is my third bottle.First one I gave to my oldest daughter second I gave to my younger daughter and third bottle mommy is keeping for herself this time!It is very incense like and a little sweet very warm and good for cooler weather.I like the bottle it is not overdone like Britney Spears bottles.

WoonD
WoonD

Bottle look gorgeous, and it smell so nice, very flora and sweet...
fromt he beginning it so sweet, and after few mins it turn well balance is too sweet, fruity sweet.

very attractive, lovely...cover with love

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

I bought this in the 15 ml from WalMart today for $13 and I have to say that it's quite nice. To me it reminds me of Victoria's Secret Super Model which I also have and like. I love the amber in the dry down and to me that's makes this a nice scent for fall and winter. For a celebrity fragrance this is very well done and mature. The bottle is very pretty too.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

My sister has this and i have to say that Hilary has done an amazing job with this.It doesnt smell like an ordinary celebscent.Its warm,luxurious and longlasting.Great for fall/winter,a great choice for the ones that like rich and warm scents.

moonruby
moonruby

Truly one of a kind.

I did not expect this from Hilary Duff as I find it a little mature for a teen idol like her. But still, 'With Love' has my respect.

A spontaneous combination of subtle florals and creamy notes. Rich and enticing.

Im curious to wonder how her tween fans felt about it though.

guest_angel
guest_angel

Such a surprise - I hate 'celeb scents' with a passion, but someone gave me a bottle of this and I tried it out of curiosity, expecting the usual mediocre grapefruity mess that seems so prevalent in celeb brands. What a surprise! This is a gorgeous, warm oriental fragrance with a delicious underlying sweetness, very different to the run of the mill celeb scent you might be expecting. So glad I tried it! I've nearly finished the bottle now so will have to buy more.

guest_Linds
guest_Linds

This is such a beautiful perfume! I ordered it wihtout even smelling it and it is exactly what I had hoped it was! The bottle is even more beautiful when you can physically see it and the scent is heavenly. I reccomend this perfume for everyone!

kay_li13

This is a second review. The first time I tested the fragrance, I had just begun smelling different perfumes. Now that I've smelled many more, I realized how unique this fragrance really is. Although I'm still not a fan of Hilary Duff, I think that fragrances should be evaluated regardless of the face they put on them. And this scent is one that I still remember after having tested it once a year ago. It is rich and complex, and one of the most distinguishable smells I have tried. I am definitely getting a bottle next time these go on sale again!

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I adored this scent from the moment I picked up the vintage-inspired bottle and sprayed it on my skin. It is sweet and innocent, yet more sophisticated than I was led to expect by the fact that it has a teen-star's name imprinted on the box.

I think that, for a celebrity perfume, this one was quite nicely done. Growing up, my much younger sister was a fan of Hillary Duff's television show, Lizzie McGuire, as well as a fan of the actress herself, and I think that as a role model, Duff did a good job of maintaining her own, respectable personality while still providing a relatable character for teens to look up to. Far from the likes of Paris Hilton, who seems to enjoy shocking people with her lack of intelligence, or Britney Spears, who seems to enjoy shocking people by exposing her various body parts, I was happy to purchase a bottle of Duff's perfume for my sister at Christmastime a few years ago.

It's far from the fruity, mindless scents that Duff's peers have introduced and which faded away, unnoticed. It's a very light, sweet amber, and while young at heart, it hints at something sexier and more intelligent. It's very airy and seems to create an aura, rather than a cloud of scent. The bottle is adorable. It could definitely have better lasting power but this was aimed at teens, who seem to always apply with a heavier hand than neccesary so maybe that's not such a bad thing! ;)

TashaRose
TashaRose

Though the initial whiff is one of sweetness, this dries down into a lovely spicy scent. Still sweet after the dry down, it evolves into something more than I had initially anticipated, and that was a pleasant surprise for me.

On my skin it's reminiscent of chai tea sweetened with sugar... It has an underlying creaminess to it, but there's still a bit of a kick. It's nice for everyday wear as it's not overly potent like some orientals tend to be. I love it.

This fragrance is very nice, very grown up and not at all what I would expect from something with Hilary Duff's name on it (in fact, I wish it didn't have her name on it because I would feel silly buying it). To me, it's very similar to Halle Berry's perfume, maybe it's the cocobolo and amber, but the amber in With Love is mild, whereas, in Halle, it's strong to the point that I was turned off by it and wouldn't wear it.

noharadwan
noharadwan

i love "with love" i tried a sample once and i was so inspired with the oriental delicate soft notes and its really rare to find a classy oriental perfume with soft notes and not too spicy but i cant find it here in egypt :(((

Amanda79
Amanda79

The mangosteen is slightly bitter and sour giving it an odd beginning for me. Or could it be the balsam or cocobolo? Warm and spicy chai latte levels it off. Sparkling and golden amber, very rich and smooth soon develops. It dries down to a sweet and warm woodsy incense skin scent. I really get the amber milk and amber musk on my skin the most. I smell the sour/bitterness a little throughout but it mixes well with the other notes just a little weird at first.

Update: I just purchased Wrapped With Love and it has double notes of the mangosteen and its not bitter so it must be the cocobolo wood. Its not bad I was just curious what made that smell..

Princess
Princess

This fragrance I wanted so bad! I live in Norway and it was not realeased here before month's after it hit the shelves in America. I never wanted a fragrance so bad before, I even dreamt about it!It sounded amazing and it is. A really unique fragrance. Spices, chai latte, cocobolo and amber are some of the notes who made me really want it. It's an amazing perfume, and defentlig not for teens who maybee will be drawn by Hilary Duff's name on it. And by the way, the box is beautiful! Overall a sophisticated warm scent. And to me, I dont think of it as a celebrity scent;)

This is a fall/winter fragrance for me. Warm and sophisticated

ramiske
ramiske

Like others, this one totally surprised me! It is so unique and warm. I barely know who Hilary Duff is, but after getting a sample--I just had to buy a big bottle. As I wear it the 'milky' warmth continue to radiate from my skin. I've even bought a second bottle to keep in my purse! I JUST LOVE it!

Update: After wearing this for a month or so, it has become one of my top 3 scents. I'm hoarding it now--won 2 more great deals on ebay, and got the gel and lotion.

There's something about this scent that reminds me of my favorite food--Thai food.

frangipani
frangipani

Wow!! I was so surprised that I quite liked this. Still not what I have been looking for but so not teen or girly. Very grown up, sweet, woody and spicy. Dare I say quite smooth too? I would only wear it for evening though as I think it is quite strong but not in an overpowering way. The search continues though.....

This is a little too spicy for my liking. It's not a horrible smell, the drydown had quite a likeable deep amber accord, but there was something about With Love that just didn't seem right. Perhaps it's the strength of the overall fragrance, which is rather overpowering when first applied that ruins this fragrance for me. I could imagine myself liking this if it was a lighter EDT version.

MinogueParfums
MinogueParfums

I don't think it's a bad perfume, but my friend has this. And when i first smelled it, i think it smells like Believe, coz both of 'em has amber. But this one is too similiar, so i'd stick with Believe instead.

kahokero
kahokero

I love it. One of my favorite. I love the smell of mangosteen. It really is different from the other celebrity fragrances and other cheap floral fruities. It is sophisticated and unique in the would of fragrances.

lovinitxx
lovinitxx

ohh this was one of my first perfumes
i loved it then and i still love it!!
very unique with sweetness and spiciness but not too much
it also lasts a fair while

marie08
marie08

Nice combination of sweet and spicy, not floral at all. Even though the magosteen fruit is tropical it's still a very warm scent, I pick up the cocobolo wood and amber a lot. I love the classy golden bottle.

Even though this is Hilary Duff's fragrance, I don't think it's suitable for a young girl just starting to wear perfume. It's too strong and smells more appropriate for someone at least in high school.

kay_li13

I have this and after testing it I don't think I like it very much... it's too spicy on me. If I kept it, it's definitely not something I'd wear everyday. Probably for special occasions. Actually I don't even know when I would wear this... :( I wish the mangosteem came out a little bit more, it's one of my favorite fruits...
UPDATE: I do want to add that this is one of the few fragrances that I find memorable. I only did one test and I can still remember the scent. :)

susieqrj
susieqrj

The top notes are sweet but not intrusive. It reminds me of cake just like Ralph Hot (but in "With Love" the concotion worked).
One hour later the woods gain space but I still can smell something that reminds of cake.
That´s the first time that I´m using this perfume and I´m enjoying it a lot.

essija
essija

Beautiful and warm, this is not your typical teeny boop fragrance. With love is sensuous and I get a lot of the vanilla. Its great for everyday and last a long time. I think the bottle is gorgeous.

klee0206
klee0206

A wonderful scent experience from start to finish! For a long time I was resistant towards trying it out because for some reason I thought it would be in the same vein as Curious by Britney Spears, which I do not like. But I recently decided to spritz it on myself and was instantly hooked. This is definitely not your typical sweet, fruity teenybopper fragrance lacking character or depth.
The opening is sweet, but the sweetness mixed with the spice turns it into something unique, something more soft and creamy with a bit of zest. To me, it is reminiscent of coconut with anise and liquorice. It evokes a feeling of passion and intrigue, intermingled with a youthful exburance and innocence.
Over time, the fragrance on my skin trails off into the base woody and musky notes, and I even get a hint of something resembling incense. That's when it becomes wonderfully soft and soothing.
Hilary Duff has done very well in choosing this composition to be her fragrance!

sjanira
sjanira

I got this as a gift and I love it...I have so many fruity & floral fragrances that this one was a relief to get. I like the fact that it doesn't fade that quick like other fragrances I've tried. I like the colors of her wrapped in love fragrance better. It looks more girly, this one is a little on the plain side but still ok.

bluesuze
bluesuze

As soon as I smelled this on my wrist, I immediately picked up two scents: caramel and smokey woods. It is a very deep, sensual perfume. The lasting power is good, and I think this would be nice for fall/winter.

tenten
tenten

This perfume is so spicy, subtle and perfect. Love IT!! This is my secret weapon perfume, men go crazy when they smell it. I'll admit I never expected a Hillary Duff perfume to be so exotic and sexy.

tangledvines
tangledvines

The scent starts out like a coconut cream pie! Yum! It dries off and it changes to something unique and lovely. Very pretty scent. The only downfall is that it seems to wear off rather quickly.

Althea
Althea

beautiful, warm, worth of trying. First I smell strong cononut and then it softens and creates somehing great on my skin. Love it.

benzippo
benzippo

A very well done composition which really suprises me as I would have expected the normal run-of-the-mill sort of short-live, light, sweet and girlie celebrities fragrances that flooded the market with no end in sight.

A big thumbs up as it really hold a class of its not and above most soon to be forgotten as well as those forgettable ones.

If this comes from a major perfume house, it will soon be on the way to be a classic.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

I was suprised by this one. It was really nice. It's definitely NOT a fruity floral. It's a warm oriental. The base is a blend of very light mossy woods. It has a very light pretty milky amber with bubbly florals. If champagne had a smell this would be it!I really like it.

It was developed by perfumers Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Stephen Nilsen. The notes as listed by Duff include: mangosteen fruit, exotic spices, chai latte, mangosteen blossom, cocobolo wood, balsam, incense, amber milk and amber musk.

My only gripe with this one is that, on my skin the lasting power is horrid! It only lasts 10-20 minutes if that long. It seems to last much longer on fabric tho.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It's a much more grown up fragrance than what I had expected, especially from such a young girl. I'm not sure that I like it, at all, but I don't hate it. It seems wearable.

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I love this fragrance... it is a light oriental and so rich and sensual smelling. I wear this on evenings I'm feeling flirtish. One of the better celebrity offerings.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hilary Duff With Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hilary Duff With Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify With Love by Hilary Duff. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of With Love by Hilary Duff represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.