Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

tuberose
yellow floral
coconut

Moon Bloom is an elegant eau de parfum and the first creation in the Hiram Bloom line.

Moon Bloom features generous amounts of tuberose absolute, jasmine absolute and ylang-ylang, complemented by coconut aromas, leafy greens, tropical spices and resins.

Moon Bloom is available in a 50 ml bottle with a classic pump atomizer as well as a 5 ml travel spray. Moon Bloom was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Hiram Green.

Tuberose Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Coconut Green Leaves Resin Spicy Notes

Songes
Truth or Dare
Carnal Flower
Kamasurabhi

Moon Bloom Fragrance Reviews

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I am not a Jasmine "lover" though I have a few jasmines in the house for the occasional spritz (love it in nature though). I'm also not a tuberose fan for that matter, but have become "more fond" of it over time and avoiding mainstream renditions. I have Fracas and Carnal and a few other "white flower" scents, but I usually don't have the enthusiasm for Jasmine (my Bvlgari Jasmine sits bleakly day after day).
Because this perfume was burning up the blogosphere, I purchased a sizeable sample from STC--and I LOVE it.
Unlike the effect on others, this was JASMINE and jasmine tea to me. Then the tuberose, and then the ylang. And I think why I like it is because it is such a nice blend and not a soliflore--yet it becomes some kind of "night" where one is sitting out on a veranda and the jasmine and honeysuckle and a few other flowers are just mixing on a breeze, cutting the heat. It becomes a pseudo-soliflore, the ideal white flower.
This is gorgeous. The Jasmine has a "tea-like" aspect as well, and when I breathe close and deeply, I pick up the mentholated tuberose (not meaty, but I can "see" that)and from a distance the ylang adds a gentle fruity-sweet kick (but not girly berry-bubble-gum, just gentle waft of sweetness). I'm not picking up a lot of coconut, but I'm wondering if that's because it's melding so nicely with the ylang.
I like Fracas, and there are times when I just crave it, but for everyday wear it is "too loud, brash"--too "fracasy." HGMB is elegant for the day, lightly applied, and I think lovely for a date night or Friday Night with Friends 'n' Drinks out on the verandah...Hmmm....

Sue Oakhill
Sue Oakhill

As others already stated, this perfume is a powerful blend of tuberose, jasmine and ylang-ylang... and when I say powerful, I really mean it!

Generally I love each of these three flowers. I have/had "Narcotic Venus" (strong tuberose; by Nasomatto), Tubereuse Indiana (tuberose; by Creed), White Flowers (lots of white flowers, by Yosh) and Eau Moheli (Ylang-ylang, by Diptyque)... each one of them gorgeous - but to be honest, all three together like in "Moon Bloom" is just too much for me. It's a well-made perfume with high quality ingredients though, so that's just my personal preference.

I bought "Moon Bloom" as a sample, as I'm currently checking out the scents which should have some coconut in them.
It opens on a paper strip with a fresh citrus-tuberose accord, followed by deep ylang-ylang and jasmine.
On my skin, I don't get any freshness at all... here it opens all tuberose with some earthy-spicy quality, probably the ylang-ylang. It's almost woody, but in a sweet way. So very, very bold and strong, but not sickening (like Narcotic Venus by Nasomatto can become if you take too much).
"Moon Bloom" reminds me of Fracas (Robert Piguet), but more multi-dimensional. After ten minutes on my skin, it gets sweeter and sweeter... with a cinnamon-like, spicy undertone, almost like cinnamon chewing gum. Also the ylang-ylang becomes very strong and overpowers the jasmine. After 1h, the sweetness is less strong and the jasmine has a chance to show up.

What I don't get at all is the coconut and the mentioned "green leaves". What Virgin Island Water (Creed) has in its very crisp freshness due to the lime and bergamot together with coconut, in "Moon Bloom" it's all powerful warm tropic flowers, spicy, sweet... like blossoms opening in a tropical night, where the air is dense, spicy, hot and humid and you can feel the sweat running down your tanned back.

Alright, maybe I should stop here, before my imagination runs too wild... it's definitely a beautiful, rich perfume - but too sweet and dense for me personally, I lack a breeze of citrus in here. Others: Enjoy!

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

I love this perfume to death! It starts with jasmine and tuberose, the latter smelling being quite rubbery and with some metallic facets, almost like meat. This quickly transforms and sets into a creamy, hypnotic sweet nectar of the tuberose, together with a subtle coconut, only enough to bring out the tropical feel of the tuberose. In the last hours it reminds me of Bronze Goddess and Songes by Annick Goutal, also compare to Lush R&B conditioner, but they are certainly not dupes for Moon Bloom, but they both share some DNA with it. This unfortunately doesn't last very long, though, and is quite expensive given this is a natural niche perfumery. After you smelled this, you can really understand the price. I have never really encountered such a (for me) perfect tuberose before!

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

As the reviewer below said, this is aptly named. Moon Bloom. It's definitely nocturnal and somewhat otherworldly. I absolutely love it. Non-Indolic, to me- I get no skank or fattiness. It's more of a bubblegum tuberose, and I get honeysuckle. Not the honeysuckle usually found in white florals, but the sweet nectar from the base of the flower when you pick it off and taste it. I will be buying a full bottle, and, if they make a candle I'll get that too.

neonaya
neonaya

Very precise name! This perfume reminds me white flowers from my village - Night Butterfly Orchids, their light and delicate aroma. During day-time these flowers are just little things in the grass, but after sunset you could find them with closed eyes by smell only! May be someone could wear this perfume during the day, but I think it is too girlish and for work you need something more “self-sefficient”, I would not recommend it for a date either, except you want to look like innocent angel who never heard about sex. Best way this perfume works for me is when I go to sleep: I close my eyes, take a deep breath and fall into fairyland!

blake.lee
blake.lee

Whew! This is a stanky tuberose at least in the beginning. I actually laughed when I first smelled it on my skin because it was such a dirty, stanky, body odor and urine blast of tuberose. I wasn't expecting this based on the reviews I had read. Instead, I was expecting a creamy, buttery, tropical tuberose so it made me laugh to be so caught off guard by the pungent nastiness of this type of tuberose. However, it settles pretty quickly and becomes a much softer scent as the coconut and jasmine show up. The urine smell lingers for me, but not to the point of unpleasantness. Some commented it smells a bit foody and I agree. It has a a sort of milky, rice custard base behind the strong jasmine and tuberose. I like this fragrance. It's well made and in small doses could be very sensual. After all, it smells like bodily fluids. I could see this being somebody's sexy time fragrance. Maybe even mine, if my husband and I happen to find ourselves in a beach side hut in some humid, exotic location.

globus pallidus
globus pallidus

I can't help but think that it smells foody. If it were the steaming bowl of jasmine rice with coconut sauce it reminds me of, I would be all over it for sure. But I don't find it overly floral, not for the first couple of hours that is. Then it becomes an astonishing, big white lily to me, fully opened, displaying trembling heavy pistils with an undercurrent of clove-like spices. (Maybe my perception is tricked by how used I am to smelling lilies, given that they are much more available in cold, harsh Europe than, say, a living Ylang.) A work of art, but not tuberose-centric to my nose.

Q80
Q80

I ADORE this masterpiece, coconut peaches in a sunny day on a hammock made of tuberose where next to it a plastic table held a vase of jasmine in an Asian beach where you can smell Ylang Ylang everywhere. It's just powerfully amazing and brings joy and amusement.
This is gender free & sensually captivating.

(Edit 14th Feb 2016 VALENTINE'S DAT)
After i wore the sample, i smelled the rancidity in it, and it is the jasmine that made that rancid animalic effect. Although i don't like jasmines but in this fragrance case, i love it

chove
chove

This one is popular in my surroundings, and rightfully so. The Moon Bloom wearers I know smell luxuriously of tuberose, jasmine and crisp greenery in a somewhat polite but yet cautiously challenging way (it´s definitely more Fracas than Blonde in that sense). On me though, it´s just super douce. Instead of the eatable, creakingly sweetened, rubber that I picture whenever I think of tuberose (not necessarily an appealing image, I ´m sure, but isn´t that kind of the point with tuberose?), I get all coconut and a hint of tailing flowers. It´s not unpleasant and the quality of this scent is ever present, but I´m just not a coconut fan. In all fairness it gets more complex at the end when the coconut fades a bit and leaves some room for the tuberose. I realize my chemistry´s at fault here, which is a shame for me but others will surely find this to be a true gem of a tuberose.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

This was a blind buy that instantly shot into my top 5 after the first wearing. Gorgeous, striking blend of tuberose and jasmine with a little coconut and spices. Sillage is noticeable but not too loud. I find some tuberose fragrances a little hard to wear (Fracas) due to a "screechy" note I sometimes get, but this is so wearable and pretty, it's hard to believe it's made entirely of naturals. Longevity is pretty average on me. Reminds me quite a bit of Carnal Flower but a little spicier and less green, a bit sweeter too. This is such a beautiful perfume, I really can't recommend it enough.

My only complaint is the atomizer bulb, but at least the bottle comes with a screw on top that you can use to store it with so there won't be any evaporation. I'm not too concerned as I will probably decant this into an atomizer anyway, I want to have it with me at all times! :)

lilalina
lilalina

Lovely.. Intense yet understated, the jasmine and tuberose are very prominent, but of the quality that's so soft warm and mellow, combined with coconut it gives off a summery vibe. It's truly a gorgeous scent!

henri345que
henri345que

It is no longer surprising that the most interesting creations are recently out of small perfumers, overall people passionate about this art and in many cases people who already know the industry and know that today it has little room for art for the art, for quality geared more for the price in the formula than to the story and presentation itself. There is still some prejudice against these people, who are sometimes seen as amateur even knowing what they are doing.

For those who risk and invest in this market,it find surprises as the fantastic Moon Bloom of Hiram Green. Hiram after a having a perfumery decided to invest in a brand of natural perfumes and only after a long time of studies and experiments decided to launch his first perfume.

And if we can say that his first is indicative of what is to come, the future is promising. Moon Bloom is a beautiful ode to one of the most sensual , noble and expensive flowers in perfume, tuberose. Most of commercial launches of tuberose is synthetic, since the price of their absolute, even in small quantities, already bursting the budget of a commercial perfume, Moon Bloom uses elegantly and without reservation the night and dense scent of tuberose, mixing it to ylang, jasmine, spices, green notes, coconut and resin.

The first moments in the skin make me think of Moon Bloom as a natural and less stark version of sensual perfumes of the 80s Your scent somehow brings me to Byzance Rochas , and also with a white floral and fruity aroma that brings me to a delicious gardenia accord. Moon dance between these different Bloom white flowers, as if their scent got mixed in the air. Sometimes you smell tuberose, sometimes ylang with a hint of coconut, another time is the sweetest fruity aroma of jasmine and gardenia and there is still room for what seems to me a mixture of green notes and orange blossom. It is such a rich experience you can understand the intoxicating and sensual power of these white flowers.

Mixed them I feel spicy touches, that I also seem floral, something like carnation flowers perhaps. They are not as evident, but they are there and make the experience richer in detail. This floral moment lasts well, but as a natural perfume, its intensity is in the first hour and then it becomes more close to the skin, so a lasting 6-8 hours. Gradually it gets a touch discreet resin, something kind incensed, subtly sweet. I even realize at that stage some flower traces, maybe orange or jasmine, because of the delicate floral aroma with a hint of grape that blends to the resinous scent.

Moon Bloom is not a perfume for everyone. But that's how the market should work. We often have creations for everyone, but nothing that really touch us, that stir the imagination, you have the feeling of living an olfactory experience that is worth, that is rich. It is an example for me, like many others I evaluated recently of what money can buy when it is well spent.

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

Oh my yes, that’s some tuberose. And jasmine. This perfume has what Dexter’s sister would have called, “a metric fuck-ton” of tuberose, plus the jasmine, and a touch of sharp metal tang that I also experienced in Tauer’s Sotto La Luna Gardenia. Oh sure, it’s a little greener at the start and a little sweeter at the end, but it’s pretty much tuberose (plus jasmine!) start to finish. Coconut? Resins? Spices? If you say so... I’m sure they’re in there providing some sort of textural support. But for me this is all about the Big. Damn. White. Flowers.

Just for the sake of documenting my personal bias, let me tell you that I’ve had a lifelong love of the white flowers. My first non-kiddie perfume was Jungle Gardenia. In about 2000 when I was in my last phase of perfume fascination I sat down and made a list of all the things I really liked at that time (J’adore, Fragile, Hypnotic Passion…) and discovered that the thing they all had in common was tuberose. And while my current fascinations lean more towards leathers and dry woods, I still can’t help but love me some Big. Damn. White. Flowers.

That said, I’m a little out of practice with my whites these days, and I would have to line up some soliflores and sniff them side by side in order to remember the specificities of each, so when I say tuberose (plus jasmine!) just take it as read that we’re smelling some B.D.W.F. but I’d be kidding myself if I said I could tell you how much of which at what point.

Projection is pretty light by my household standard, by which I mean that it took my boyfriend sitting 10 feet away an hour and fifteen minutes to ask me if I’d put something on. By contrast, the other day I dabbed on the same amount of Cuir Mauresque and he promptly asked me to open a window.

TLDR: this is some good stuff. At some point I would love to compare this to Fracas, or CF or even Ye Olde Jungle Gardenia. Do I need another big, white floral in my life right now? No, but when I do I will certainly consider this one.

rosecat
rosecat

Beautiful! Just perfection, this is Tuberose that is real!...natural! so true to the flower. It is creamy, soft, smooth ...the gentle white folds are palpable. It is blended seamlessly with Jasmine and the other notes, all playing a very low key supportive role, I hardly detect any resins or coconut, amazingly good for a natural perfume. It is Tuberose in the perfect bloom sweet phase, not indolic or screechy at all, this is quality. I can highly recommend to all Tuberose lovers, this is so great, and I am so happy to have been shown the way by the good fragranticans. Good projection and longevity.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

I expected to love this and I am not disappointed. It opens like a kindler, gentler Fracas and then settles down quite quickly into a soft jasmine. Then there's this back and forth between the two with the tuberose the dominant one. The florals in this perfume are beautiful, natural smelling and soft. Tuberose and jasmine, especially at this wattage can be screechy, but not in this composition. This is just gorgeous. I think what's making the florals so nice is the hint of coconut in the background. At this point, about four hours after applying a tiny amount on a very hot, humid day, the coconut is starting to become detectable as a separate note.
This is a very successful all natural perfume. Good longevity and sillage, beautiful composition. Lovely!

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Received my package today for Hiram Green. I tried this elegant parfum on now 3 times today. My views on all 3 sampling of this beautiful parfum.

It is very beautiful. I get a very life like Jasmine and its powerful and beautiful. Its a very very very pretty top grade Jasmine. Then about 20 to 30 minutes. On the first try, a hint just a hint of a green note appeared briefly. After a subtle creamy soft tuberose and subtle ylang ylang blend take over and a soft pulse. very low key and in and out is a spec of coconut. The coconut could be the vanilla. And this is the scent of a very, very pretty unforgettable person would smell like. A positive vibe defiantly.

The opening is so pretty, however what is to become of Moon Bloom is really really nice. Middle and final stages is so smooth and so special. this is close to skin and obviously extrait quality. For comparison to quality and loveliness MOON BLOOM really does bloom. Understated Elegance and Sheer class on the pedestal.
The dry down is something so nice I really cant place it in words as this is different and so life like and natural.. Such quality.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

An abundance of gorgeous plush tuberose on opening, followed by a blooming of pretty jasmine blossoms.

Then Moon Bloom makes way for a curious green note that's rather antiseptic and bitter, like chewing on an asprin, perhaps even a topical ointment like Savlon--slightly mineral and metallic-like. This note however, is rather subtle and gives the flowers an interesting dimension.

I don't detect much spice or coconut, perhaps just a nuance that could pass for a tropical flower. Ylang ylang also adds a gentle exotic touch. There is no distinguishable resin note, however there is a soft grounding to the flowers that completes this fragrance well.

An engaging white floral with a little mineral twist. A nice fragrance without ever being too heady.

WendyMH
WendyMH

Such a beautiful buttery tuberose - I've loved it from first sniff. About 20 minutes after spraying onto my skin, streams of jasmine make their way around as well. It's interesting because the jasmine and tuberose seems to take turns showing up first one and then the other. I personally do not smell so much coconut, but last night as I slipped into bed my partner murmured,'mmmmm I smell coconut, lovely...' It's interesting how scents change on different skins, but also what different noses pick up on.

jubal
jubal

One of the loveliest jasmines I've found. More jasmine than tuberose to my nose and without any of the harsh 'nail polish remover' top that too many jasmines have. Soft and smooth for what one would think would be a big white whomper from the notes. Definitely a place for it in my rotation.