Designers » F-H » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

1725 Histoires de Parfums for men

1725 Histoires de Parfums for men
dislike

1725 Histoires de Parfums for men Pictures

1725 by Histoires de Parfums is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. 1725 was launched in 2001. Top notes are bergamot, citruses, grapefruit and licorice; middle notes are lavender and star anise; base notes are vanilla, almond, sandalwood, cedar and amber.

Bergamot Citruses Grapefruit Licorice

Lavender Star Anise

Vanilla Almond Sandalwood Cedar Amber

Invasion Barbare

1725 Fragrance Reviews

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Finally I bought a bottle of this superb product. When I wear it, the first thing that impressed me a lot was a nice blend of Lavender and Vanilla that was mixed with a bit Spicy notes and I can smell a powdery sweetness scent that is really perfect. 1725 is a great perfume for Spring and Fall and It can be wear in Winter, but this is not for warm Summer at all. The scent is awesome, the projection is magnificent and the sillage is moderate. All in all It is a magnificent perfume which never disappoints its advocates!

Madrona
Madrona

Hypnotic Poison: Man.

*ducks rotten tomatoes*

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

EDIT: Wearing this to work today, and it's really a pleasant scent. Not sure if I would kick out the requested price for it though.

This is a nice clean inviting scent. Is it worth the price tag? IMO not so much. You won't offend anyone with this for sure.

Skayalily
Skayalily

This smells like pretty much the fanciest powder, ever. It's really nice, a good solid like; but I'm not paying HdP prices for fancy powder, no matter how good it is.

mesaboogie18
mesaboogie18

Chivalry in a bottle. Powdery, sweet, and elegant. Similar to Invasion Barbare? Yes. But not the same. This is a romantic scent best reserved for dates and special occasions. This is what a well groomed gentleman should smell like.

Matt Oldham

I smelled somebody else wearing this and it was fantastic. Why does a perfume always smell better when somebody else is wearing it?

Liquidasset77
Liquidasset77

No one has mentioned this but to my nose it has the same Almond note which I equate to Van Clef's Midnight in Paris. I have always wanted to catch that accord with a much more masculine vibe. I have done that with 1725. Casanova is here. Sexy,appealing and inviting.

Nathalie xoxo
Nathalie xoxo

The dry down is a soft vanilla baby powder. It's beautiful, warm, comforting, soft. I'm a woman, I wear it, I like it !

JediConsular
JediConsular

It's a combo of warm vanilla and lavender. In opening has somes spices and good citric notes. Smells like a luxury soap. For me, too expensive for what gives. I don't like soap perfumes and prefer the vanilla-lavender executed like Pour Un Homme de Caron. Good longevity and close to skin projection. For me its a pass...

gryx
gryx

Too much lavender and too much powder, evokes an image of a barbershop, a "big no" for me...

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

High quality baby powder.

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

یه عطر اسپایسی ملایم و تمیز
اولش یه بوی خفیف لیمو بعلاوه لاوندر یا همون استوخودوس رو خواهیم داشت که مقدار مشخصی از وانیل هم همراهیشون میکنه

لاوندر در این عطر اصلا بوی مواد شوینده و ناجوری نداره
فقط کار رو معطر یا به اصطلاح آروماتیک کرده

عطر در ابتدا شاید تندی و تلخی خوشایندی نداشته باشه ولی بعد از 10 دقیقه کاملا فروکش میکنه و به یه عطر همه پسند تبدیل میشه

عطر حالتی پودری داره وبعد از مدتی هم به یه عطر خطی تبدیل میشه
واقعیتش هیچ چیز خاصی نداره که بخوام در خصوصش تعریف و نمجید یا حتی انتقاد کنم

اگر دنبال عطر باکیفیت اسپایسی شیرین میگردید که تندیش ملایم باشه ، این عطر مناسبتون خواهد بود

کاملا مناسب بهار و سپس پائیز هست
پوشش نیمه رسمی و روزانه رو در بر میگیره
ارزش خرید نسبت به قیمتش 5 از 10 هست
ارزش خرید نسبت به کیفیتش 8 از 10 هست
ارزش خرید نسبت به رایحه 5 از 10 خواهد بود

Pare159
Pare159

Lavender clean powder fresh! Done.

our lee
our lee

A fresh, clean fragrance suitable (in my opinion) for both sexes.

I am not sure how I would imagine Mr Casanova to smell - like this? Perhaps... 1725 is certainly an attractive barbershop-style fragrance that is hard to dislike. The typical descriptions enter the nose/brain upon first sniff - 'clean', 'fresh', etc. Lavender is present from the off, and also throughout. Vanilla is what helps make 1725 a potential scent for both sexes. A hint of almond and warming amber. In fact, the combination of lavender and vanilla makes me think of JPG Le Male - only a more mature version. Fairly linear scent throughout. Ideal for work, casual days, etc.

If you are looking for a projection beast in 1725, then it is not for you. 1725 sits very close to the skin from the off, surrounding you in your own little sweet-lavender-bubble. Longevity, however, is slightly greater - six hours and it should still be noticeable.

So, as I mentioned, what is not to like about smelling clean and fresh? Performance, if that is your thing. If not, and the odd delightful whiff of yourself every now and again throughout the day is what you want, 1725 should be a welcome fragrance in any collection.

smora
smora

Scentrack- Art of Noise - Love Beat

Casanova, a symbol of seduction, passion and adventure. It was not easy to justify this big name, but 1725 did it in big style. Like Casanova this fragrance is wolf in sheep's clothing. Soft, creamy and visually pale, and unbelievably alluring. Maybe it's too easy to say for fragrance is beautiful, but it perfectly describes 1725. Gentle, transparent, yet so precise. Perfectly balanced and tweaked. Starts with fluffy citruses, lavender and anise, and goes to dark amber, most realistic almonds and creamy vanilla and sandalwood.
Perfectly unisex, Casanova knows women must like him from the first smell. He surely knew what's good for him, like he advised it's easier to get in the bed with two ladies than one.

More on Scentimentalwords

Platinum1
Platinum1

This "Casanova" is a smooth operator in a powdery velvet coat of purple lavender. As Giacomo himself would have said, "Be the flame not the moth." And in the sophisticated sillage of this HdP masterpiece that is the alluring image you will project. After the initial greeting of the sweet talking citrus and anise this quickly moves into a lovers flowery poetry of liquorice and lavender. The almond and amber in the base are sweet but subtle seducing the nose the longer they linger in your company. 1725 is a scent that is so familiar almost gourmand'ish in it's vanilla but a true classic fougere. The notes fall into place as they should clearly detectable and leave the wearer and those around him desiring more. You can expect a respectable longevity and a discreet personal sillage from this elegant charmer.
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Smell Alike - Think a modern smoother Rive Gauche.

Nura
Nura

I'd say women can wear 1725 too.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

1725 has an understated beginning that is warm, spicy and sweet, but is nothing particularly spectacular. You think, that was nice, but I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Hang around though, as things get more interesting as the scent develops. After the dry-down it morphs gently into a powdery lavender, with a soapy spice that is really quite pleasant. Again, nothing spectacular, but then it starts to grow on you, and something strange happens. Like the famous lover who is the inspiration behind the scent it has an alluring magnetism that creeps up on you, and before you know where you are you have done something utterly unexpected and fallen in love. Was this deliberate? Perhaps 1725 really is the essence of romantic love in a bottle? You try not to be impressed, but what can you do? You are in love, reality dissipates and you are taken away to a very silly, ephemeral and purposefully deluded place, but there’s nowhere else that you would rather be.

Q80
Q80

quite attractive and amusing, the star anise is clearly shown from the beginning till the end. the silage is quite tough and harsh as it calms down easily within 5 minutes brings out the star anise to the surface sharp and clear. it reminds me allot of Eau de Frohliche No.2 by Erik Kormann specially when it dries and a bit of Indisch Leder by WienerBlut

Guest_thiefofnoses
Guest_thiefofnoses

In one of those face-palm, why-didn't-someone-else-think-of-this-before? moments, one realises how the anise in this composition brings the traditional lavender-vanilla barbershop accord up a notch.

1725 starts of a little cloying although quickly dries down into a mellow, powdery-in-a-good-way lavender-anise-vanilla. Despite there being lots of citrus listed in the top notes this isn't a citrus fragrance, the citruses (especially grapefruit) only there to lend a helping hand to the main accord by freshening it up a bit. I actually find 1725 almost cologne-like in the same uplifting way one might find a traditional cologne such as 4711 or Acqua di Parma Colonia uplifting (although 1725 is a very, very different scent) The anise is not what you'd find in something like Lolita Lempicka or Nuit Etoilee, with just a touch of it to create the lavender-vanilla bridge.

Does bear a strong resemblance to Invasion Barbare, although Invasion Barbare is sharper, more 'pointed' and with everything strictly in its place. 1725 is a lot mellower and I prefer it because of that.

Does this smell like the famed lover Casanova? Probably not because I'm guessing he would have worn one of the aforementioned traditional colognes, Italian of course (maybe Acqua di Genova or Santa Maria Novella) But if he were alive today I'm sure it would be in his rotation.

1725 is shaping up to be a keeper.

GenuineR30
GenuineR30

So I bought a sample of both 1725 Casanova and Invasion Barbare. Here is my take.

Casanova 1725 - It almost has the same lavender barber shop scent that Invasion offers but without the harsh blast of lavender that invasion has. This scent is mellow and soft. I get a creamy almond vanilla scent from this. It almost has a powdery smell to it but not in a feminine way. Casanova is an excellent name for this fragrance. You're left wanting more from this scent which is what Casanova was all about. Its like you're drawn to it but if you get to close and figure it out you'll be left dissatisfied. Best advise I can give the wearer of this scent is don't wear it for you, but wear it for the people around you. This becomes a close skin scent after about 4 hours and if you haven't been able to get the girl close enough to you within those 4 hours of 1st application you'll lose her. Casanova was patient but didn't spend too much in one place remember that when wearing this.

*Longevity - Good not great 6-8
*Projection - Good but soft
*Year round scent easily worn in the warmer months unlike Invasion Barbare

Invasion Barbare - At first sniff I thought it was a little too harsh of a scent. I get a serious blast of lavender. If I was to describe how heavy it starts off - think of Sandalwood by Art of Shaving and mixing in lavender. Its softens with a bit of vanilla but the heavy lavender lingers. Ideally when you walk by a person the draft you will create should make the person smelling you, think...sweet but masculine and distinguished (just left the barbershop) Its like clashing heavy and soft together. Invasion is a great name for this scent because people will feel invaded by you when walking by but very happy that you did. I think this fragrance smells better to the people smelling you than it does to the person wearing it. The lavender blast is a bit too much. Maybe with the right atomizer it will air it out and soften it more.

*Longevity - Great!! All day
*Projection - excellent, it will concur and invade
*Fall/Winter wearer this at in the colder months, too heavy for the summer

Casavulva
Casavulva

For once I agree with reviewers detection of notes here on Fragrantica. This is anis/licorice on lavender/vanilla.

Very charming and very nice. I find it changes a little dependent on weather and what soap I used in the shower. Sometimes I find the anis/licorice a little too sharp. But when the balance is tilted the other way, I love this fragrance.

Pretty linear, the lavender/vanilla is blended, not serial as in Caron puh or Taste of heaven.

Unisex they say, but come on. Casanova was amongst the greatest seducers of the charming kind. (Not the masculine rake Don Juan type).

So great fragrance for the charming man who says no to loud powerhouses, wimpy aquatics and big leather chypres.

yacoco
yacoco

This one have character its like a dusty sweet lemon powder nice and safe

lalelu
lalelu

this one smells like a luxirious baby diaper.. does it smell good ? it actually does :)

leathermountain
leathermountain

Potent licorice-and-lavender-over-amber up top and into the heart. Lavender carries on over the base, which is surprisingly sweet, and includes scents of cocoa, iris, patchouli, and stone. None of this is groundbreaking, but it is beautiful, wearable, and a kind of a Goldilocks 'just right.'

markjcretella
markjcretella

My thoughts on my single wearing of 1725:

It's surrounded by an aura of beauty and charm. It's a very "pretty" fragrance. It's just not something I care to smell like. I would say it's powdery, vanilla and lavender battling to dominate with citrus and licorice trying to make it to the front of the line, but both relegated to minor roles. I've not sampled Invasion Barbare, but I do find some similar familial traits with Le Male and Caron Pour un Homme, and even a little Third Man. I will say that the notes seem very well blended and it strikes me as very gentlemanly. But like I said, I prefer the more exotic, darker fragrances. Slightly better than average projection. Good longevity. My rating 7.0

steve0580
steve0580

It's a rich smelling citrus and powder blend that dries down to what smells like an expensive talcum powder. This is the most powdery fragrance for men that I've ever smelled.

The citrus is light at best and I don't pick up the lavender. I'm tempted to order a bottle of lavender from Demeter to layer it with.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This is a sweet, dandy Barbershop scent. Rather delicate and effate, with a slight touch of baby powderiness from the lavender.

Fans of Gaultier's "Le Male" should check this one out, because it has many similarities, but is more diffuse and natural smelling.

jamwires
jamwires

I like this better than Invasion Barbare.

1725 has that classic fougere appeal - but in my opinion, it's far more modern. The powdery sweetness almost takes this in a Dior Homme direction, while maintaining a serious tip of the cap to classic masculine fougeres of the past.

If you thought Dior Homme was too feminine, or thought Invasion Barbare was too classic, or, you're just looking for the best of both worlds - I think this is something you'll really enjoy.

As far as quality of ingredients go, yes, Invasion Barbare is absolutely best in class. However, I get greater joy wearing 1725. It suits me better as a man in his late 20's. It's got just enough old-school to make me think of my father, but more than enough new-school to NEVER make my wife or other girls think of old men.

This is a classic for a new generation.

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

@hamtoo

No these two scents (1740 - MDS) and (1725 - Casanova) are COMPLETELY different... no mistaking them for each other.

Although I would say generally that the perfumed court is pretty reliable...

hamtoo
hamtoo

Hi. I got a sample of this from "The Perfumed Court" and is very very similar to the sample I previously got of "1840 Marquis de Sade" from TPC. Does anybody know if this two fragrances are pretty much similar? Or if "The Perfumed Court" is dependable? Thank you very much for help me with this questions!

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Yep, very similar to Invasion Barbare. I find the anise most prominent followed by the vanilla. Lavender lags behind those two a good bit. Very nice but something about it puts it a notch behind IB. Maybe its the ingredient quality like others have said.

lavaman
lavaman

The sweetness catches your attention immediately the first time you try it and it stays true throughout the longevity of the scent. The citrus linger for only a few minutes at best. The lavender, anise, sandlewood, of course vanilla and amber notes give it that barber shop quality. Try it a second time you will probably like it more because the overwhelming sweetness will be expected. If you like powdery/dry fragrances as I do, you will enjoy this scent most likely. Masculine and appropriate for any occassion or situation. I would consider it a fall and winter scent because of it sweetness. Honestly I can't see anyone disliking this fragrance but it can be cloying if you wear too much ..A little goes a long way and there is no need to reapply during the day. Over all a well crafted fragrance

aphexacid
aphexacid

Casanova indeed!

Dirty lavender, citrus, warm vanilla and a touch of amber.

I know iris is not listed, but i feel like there is a touch of iris in here.

This is what a modern gentleman would wear. It really evokes that sort of feel to it.

I don't understand the connection to Invasion barbare. I think they're completely different.

Slightly disappointed in the projection and silage. It was below average for me. Excellent longevity.

GUTB
GUTB

Definitely not Invasion Barbare based on a first wearing from a sample bottle direct from PdH. Similar middle character but is much toned down, whereas the top is harsher. Dries down quickly, as noted by a previous review.

A very pleasant fougere. Powdery, but well-blended. I wish I had never tried Invasion Barbare, because if I didn't know there was an even better fougere out there, I would have no problem paying the full $125 for a 60mL bottle of 1725. Superb scent I would fully recommend to anyone not willing to pay double for IB. 8/10.

Matt Oldham

I bought yesterday at 75% reduction, wooh, wooh. Put on this morning and had a blast of recognition that I couldn't at first name.... Blew me away when I realized it was all-time fave Invasion Barbare. The nicest possible surprise it is possible to conceive. But it also smells very much like Pour Un Homme, another wonderful smell. And, wonderfully, smells like itself, 1725. One of those great scents that are so very RIGHT in so many ways that you could wear forever. I definitely prefer IB, which is peerless, but who cares?

I paid $51 for 120ml of 1725 while IB is $250 for 60ml. Maybe I've let that cloud my judgement. I doubt it though.

Guest_ryanmaes
Guest_ryanmaes

One thing needs to be straight this is no invasion barbare lol. the opening is similar but no where near as refined. It dries down real quick you're left with some vanilla and powder with some sweetness. it's decent, i dont think it takes the place of IB... 6/10

williamvargas
williamvargas

nice stuff, I can see why they call it Casanova , to me sort of like the appeal of Antico Caruso.. or along those lines is my first impression. 1725,
very smooth light fragrance that is deceptively masculine. A sweet, alluring gentlemanly fragrance. I can see what appeal from the opposite sex on wearing 1725 The ladies will not see you coming lol,. they never had a chance. Casanova or 1725, which ever suits your fancy but this fragrance will speak for your amorous intentions..other scents announce it loudly , this one is subtle, maybe sneaky is a better word, They will want you to stay awhile..I like it. romance is in the air.
Thumbs way up.

Roge'
Roge'

What's in a name? Should I judge this scent solely on the era of 1725, 2013, 2001(the date of 1725's formulation) or the man himself Casanova. To be fair, you almost have to ask yourself: What would a philanderer smell like? I don't know...maybe lavender, vanilla, licorice, amber, etc. A naïve woman could easily find herself in a gigolo's web if he's wearing 1725. This scent is assembled with a plethora of inviting notes that could swoon a 50 year old nun. This is a fairly soft scent with big time sillage. I urge you to spray it on your clothing or scarf for that extra umph! Note after note, stage after stage, you will soon realize that your nose will become one with your arm. This stuff is balls to the wall good. Ok...it's established. If you're a Playa from the Himalayas, you should indulge in this scent.

bettybluebell
bettybluebell

Oh wow, this is a beautiful man's fragrance. It smells slightly retro in a great 60's mod, yet still contemporary way. I think this is all man...like a clean handsome Gregory Peck. I love that 1725 is distinct yet still light, fresh, and has a zing of citrus. There is a teeny tiny hint of old world, or a library filled with old books and antique furniture, just to keep things interesting.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Good, but not seen as special. I prefer the other brand's collection.
Slightly spicy and slightly sweet. Interesting but not great I think not.

I rank it well:
Smell: 7/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10

Carestinus
Carestinus

What could one possibly criticize about this scent? It smells very nice and has good longevity and some sillage... I guess in my case it simply leaves me cold as if it were one among so many other "OK" perfumes I can sample at any perfume shop.

I had my own expectations in general and in particular after sampling the enthralling Marquis de Sade, which is very hard to take (I even got angry at the perfumer one night I found it, simply put, faecal) BUT you can say there is a link between the name and the scent... some sort of search in that one. Here, the opposite. A nice scent that smells like many other and one that never ever I'd relate to any interesting guy such as Casanova or any other. I won't be harsh since the name of perfumes hardly mean anything to me anyways... but in this case the brand caught my attention for its quality and its sort of "game" of evocation and unique mixes... well... here I don't see that. Or, to be honest, it is not what I imagined it to smell like... this is too Marie-Antoinette... powdery, girly in a commonplace way, nothing short of talcum, clean in just-showered-babies kind ... and perhaps it does evoke palaces and secretive women of that time... but I expected this to be sexy as hell, not bitchy. Masculine, not obviously old grand ma. I mean, no problem with those perfumes... I like them! What I intend to say is: there are many more interesting ways to make a men's scent androgynous if that's the intention. Many more original and less "safe" ways to face these challenges, something I expect from niche and particularly from this brand.

Now back to the scent... it smells nice! I wouldn't wear it nor buy it though. Creamy vanilla plus a touch of lavender... I've worn better renditions at a quarter of the price. I guess Le Male beats this by far and is indeed ohhhh so carnal! My personal Casanova smell!

chirobi
chirobi

I sampled this several times, and it is the next on my list, money permitted, since it's quite pricey in Beijing. I know that it's meant to be for men, but every time I try it on, it just makes me swoon. Casanova incarnate? It's such a wonderful combination of so many elements I like in perfume, and even some that I don't, such as the star anise, which I actually like here because it plays a secondary role and is not strong and overbearing like it can be in some other perfumes. Besides making swoon, it also relaxes me, maybe owing to the lavender.

Like other HDP scents I've had the pleasure of trying, it's got longevity like the energizer bunny. Also a nod to Casanova? A few sprays will go a long way.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Just not my type again,, very,,, chalky-powdery.

I get a very strange balance of grapefruit, and bitter-dark tonka up front that is actually quite off-putting. Only the vaguest hint of lemons/citrus which actually I find recurring a little later after initially applying. Absolutely no resemblance to the masterful Invasion Barbare for me here! The lavender in there is an object of genius, sweet powdery intense yet so transparent with the ginger. The key is multi-faceting, creating movement yet maintaining a good blend. Here the initial citrus instantly vaporises. The mixture was in dire need of a fresh/sweet/yet spicy kick, that never comes.

It just frankly becomes baby-lotion like. None of the sweet, but sensually deep citrus/spice balance going on here. Just melds into a soft indistinguishable blend that ends up neither opulent or bold. Much like Dolce Gabbana's The One Gentlemen! Howeever I will say I find 1725 superior to the D&G scent, it is stronger and more natural smelling.

Back to the notes- the amber, sandalwood and woods are very hard to pick out. Also I do believe the lavender is contributing to the overall powdery-lotion theme, although I cannot really pinpoint the floral itself (it nauseates me slowly). Generous helping of vanilla appears and starts dominating the base of the mix.

Note, there is no ginger in this mix- one of the most amazing notes I've seen done in niche. Very surprising, I'm sure this would have benefited no end from it. Instead, the licorice just serves to reinforce the baby-lotion.

It's pleasant enough, but not when paying $200 investment into scent exploration and comfort scent status. Disappointing. Just buy another designer for general use.

-Latest. Just gave this another spin, I can confirm that it's probably the non-sweet lavender/licorice accord that gives the 'bitter-bean' feeling, how dumb that I spot it after so long! Sad because on the 2nd try I did get some very beautiful resinous/sweet fruity amber and anise but all too little too late.

5/10. Sample courtesy of LuckyScent.

Heverton
Heverton

Right after the first spray I do get a blast of citruses which stays just for a blink of an eyes disappearing very fast to leave space to a very evident anise and an explosion of lavender. It makes me think about Boucheron Pour Homme but in a very modern and easy to please way that get's even better trough time given the appearance of a semi-sweet tone!

Anyway, a very good fragrance that can be purchase by a very reasonable price.

SilverFire
SilverFire

This goes on hitting the baby-oil end of the baby-oil/wet nap spectrum. Then it tacs back and forth until the vanilla comes out, with what feels like a slight musk, and then the vanilla amps. This is pretty much a scent for a dandy -- the Cassanova connection is inescapable. Me no likey.

At about the hour and half mark, an arid spice starts to arise but ends up strangulated. The vanilla goes on and on and on like Givenchy Pi. Lasts about seven hurtin' hours, with six of them all vanilla all the time. Bleah.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a lemony grapefruit fresh spicyness with a touch of licorice. After that I can detect lavender with anise coming through with a light woodyness in the
background. This scent is so very light and soft that it was hard to detect at first then it bloomed on my skin.

After a while I am picking up vanille underneath the spicy freshness. This fragrance reminds me of Invasion Barbare but with the violet removed and the notes toned
down and refined.

I like this as it is really well crafted and the ingredients are top notch. And as time has moved on from my above intial impressions the soft fresh vanille aspect
becomes more prounouced in the basenotes and surrounds you in a halo of lovelyness.

So to sum up I do love its spicy woody freshness in the opening and soft vanille sweetness in the basenotes. And I get six to seven hours in longevity.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

One of my favorities, this perfume reflects the good taste. Incredibly well blended and balanced, a legitimate fougere timeless and modern at the same time. It opens with a citrus and grapefruit mixed with an intense licorice involved. After that comes the anise with lavender, which are combined so great, that make me smell all the time! At the base of almond and vanilla comforting, just as with an amber touch, everything here is perfect!

A superb example of how fougeres can be "handled" to become extremely modern. 1725 opens with a consistent combo of liquorice and anice that may bring immediately to mind of Menardo's creations for YSL (body Kouros) or Bucheron (Jaipur). At this point you could make the mistake to easily dismiss this composition as another "trendy" gourmand, but be aware that 1725 is much more than that. Lavender and citrus start to interact with the main ingredients creating a fantastic and original fougere enriched in the drydown by vanilla, amber and woody notes. The "extra touch" IMO comes from Almond that perfectly blends with all of the previously mentioned elements adding some refinement and uniqueness.

While I absolutely admire Menardo's compositions I also strongly believe that 1725 takes the genre (and in this case also modern french perfumery in general) a step forward. Every note is at the same time perfectly detectable and incredibly blended with all the others as if were part of an high resolution picture of an immense landscape. Next to 1740 and 1969, one of my favourite fragrance in the Histoires De Parfums Library of Scents.

Rating: 8.5/10

Although it's designated as a masculine composition, Histoires de Parfums 1725 reminds me a lot of the house of Lolita Lempicka's various masculine-leaning feminine perfumes. The notable presence of a dark licorice note combined with various other components important to Lolita Lempicka, including vanilla, amber, woods, etc. probably explains why I am reminded immediately of that house. 1725 also, for the same reasons, reminds me of Jesus del Pozo IN BLACK, and anyone who likes any one of these three would probably like the other two as well, it seems to me. The aesthetic is really very, very similar. Which of the three do I prefer? Hard to say. I may have to do a side-by-side comparison before issuing a verdict...

In a direct comparison, I have discovered how much sweeter the openings of LOLITA LEMPICKA and IN BLACK are next to 1725, which does make them seem initially quite a bit more feminine. In the drydown, however, I find all three to be unisex. My favorite drydown of the three is that of IN BLACK, probably because of the lavender note in 1725... Again, I think that anyone who likes one of these compositions would like the others as well. Black licorice lovers rejoice: anise/licorice-centric perfumes now abound!

Quinthius
Quinthius

Not a very indepth review as I probably have not given this much of a chance. I got samples of 1740, 1828, and this, 1725/Casanova. Whenever I smell this, I am just not very interested. Something about it just does not grab me in any way at all. Smells more like it would be a nice "safe" woman's fragrance, not really something I envision for men. Not necessarily "girly" either, just more on the soft and powdery/floral side of things.

(On the contrary, however, I LOOOOOOOOOVE 1740/Marquis de Sade, which I am completely addicted to and think is a DEFINITE manly fragrance.)

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Casanova #1725 starts with an undefinable first note. I had to search my memory banks before I could place my first impression: reconstituting dry beans in a water bath after two days,and out of curiosity you crunch on a bean to see how "soft" it got, only tasting that raw unappetizing flavour. The raw bean flavour leaves quickly because it's cooked with sugar, vanilla and bit of caramel. Which makes me think that Mr.Casanova is smelling very girlie now and maybe some salt could balance it all out. But the salt never surfaces and you're left wanting a little more balance to all that sweet talking.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

As I am smelling this wonderful perfume something nostalgic grubs my chest and my mind.Of course this is exactly what Casanova should wear and attract all the beautiful ladies.It is for men but has something feminine too and that's the reason of it's charm,it reminds me of saten.

Qwendy
Qwendy

I agree with the previous reviewer about this scent being an uplifting and happy scent, but I wear it, not my husband!

While this might have been a classic men's fragrance for a Dandy in 1725, its softness and unusual quality brought by the star anise and almond gives it a powdery quality very different from other scents in the same genre.

If these notes appeal to you at all, give this rare scent a sniff!

rebella
rebella

1725 is a homage to Casanova. I think this fragrance would have been very suitable for him. It is charming, easy available and fresh. I am convinsed that this perfume manage to give the wearer some little extra of charm, way with ladies and spirituality. A very modern interpration of how one of the most notorious players could have smell, and still kind of old school classic. Very nice, good longvity and pleasant sillage.

Even tough I like this one on my husband, among the male fragrances in the line I prefer Marquess De Sade... But that is more a matter of personal taste than that this fragrance would be not as good.

Absolutly worth trying if you are looking for a happy, charming, cherful and also very french perfume for men...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums 1725 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums 1725, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1725 by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1725 by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.