Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

1826 Histoires de Parfums for women

1826 Histoires de Parfums for women
dislike

1826 Histoires de Parfums for women Pictures 1826 Histoires de Parfums for women Pictures

1826 by Histoires de Parfums is a Oriental fragrance for women. 1826 was launched in 2001. Top notes are bergamot and tangerine; middle notes are white flowers, violet, ginger and cinnamon; base notes are patchouli, incense, vanilla, amber, woody notes and musk.

Bergamot Tangerine

White Flowers Violet Ginger Cinnamon

Patchouli Incense Vanilla Amber Woody Notes Musk

Eau Claire des Merveilles

1826 Fragrance Reviews

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Warm, ambery opening with incense and rubber. A faint hint of something medicinal. 1826 is lot cleaner than one would expect from something with musk, patchouli and amber, it's actually pretty airy and well mannered. On me 1826 is all wood and incense. HdP's description is pretty much spot on, the fragrance is both delicate and full bodied at the same time. It also has an almost medieval feel, like being in an ancient home, permeated with wood and smoke and incense. As a huge fan of wood and incense notes, I'm definitely adding this to my "to buy" list.

dlane1953
dlane1953

A warm, powdery, slightly spicy patchouli and white flowers fragrance that wafts innocence and femininity. Airy, smooth, a very clean yet soft fragrance that is a perfect day time scent. Moderate silage and longevity of about 10 hours.

LadyeJaneGrey
LadyeJaneGrey

A scent inspired by a queen: historical and a little dark.
I found the orange here faded quite quickly, and I did not get so much patchouli as others mentioned. I very much enjoyed this old-fashioned oriental scent. Reminded me of bitter candied-orange peels, pressed violets, and the memory of incense and spice.

Suzjdh
Suzjdh

I hesitate wistfully from the adage, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all;" however, I will proceed in the vein of "diverse opinions." The robust tangerine opening reminded me of the orange scent in hotel rooms after they have been cleaned or the orange scent after a car has been detailed. It is a plasticky orange scent that did not dissipate. I apologize to those who love it; it probably just doesn't work on my skin. I do love some of the other Histoires offerings.

gelo999
gelo999

1826 is a fragrance which highlights a very soft and wearable spicy patchouli agree on everything with a light tan, everything is mixed with a nice arrangement of white flowers that remain in the background and is also the most prominent and striking feature of this 1826, which on the other hand it feels quite unisex.

Once the middle notes, which did not last long gone, begins foreseeable shoddy drying and amber musk. All combo makes it snaps into skin, but too smooth a messy and chaotic thus also making the duration is very weak.

In short: what a disappointment !!! a nice entrance patchouli with white flowers combined with poor drying.

Rating: 3.5

supbury
supbury

This is a beautiful, sweet patchouli. Truly unisex. Downfall= no longevity and no sillage. The sillage issue? I can deal with that. But I cannot get this scent to last more than a couple hours. So 1826 is beautiful while she is singing...but once the show is over she is completely quite.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

Compared to Tom Ford White Patchouli HdP 1826 is a much nicer white patchouli scent without that screechy sweetness signature of TF. 1826 stars a strong, realistic patchouli reminiscent of the plant in essential oil form, but at the same time remains elegant with a warm base of violet, ginger and white floral. After 5 hours 1826 dries down to its nice musky amber patchouli base with little incense involved. At some point I also smell a faint mandarine note, which gives 1826 a sparkling feeling. The overall experience is a creamy, slightly powdery scent that is a little bit unrefined but also very clean-cut. Casual yet attractive.

This fragrance projects very well and has awesome longevity. My 2ml decant has been lasting me for months.

Definitely a solid like from me and an occasional love when I crave for pungent patchouli.

AveParfum
AveParfum

1826 is an angelic perfume, a white, soft, effervescent aura of musky, sweet, woody, and creamy patchouli. The soft hint of vanilla couples beautifully with dry and dusty patchouli. This perfume is so good, it is in the league of a couple of Tom Ford's perfumes, probably the house I love most and find the most luxurious of all. This is more of a white patchouli than his White Patchouli, which seems substantially denser, spicier, and darker in comparison. This is more along the lines of his White Suede.

Patchouli is very obvious here, but I can't say I have ever experienced it so light and bubbly before. I actually wondered if there might be aldehydes in the top notes. This is a rare creative beauty, another gem from this house. I have no problems with sillage or longevity, as is the case with most perfumes from this house.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is quite much different depending on whether you test it on paper or on skin. I usually don't use paper strips, this time I did it just for curiosity and once I tried this I was like "I love this!"... well lucky for me I also tested it on skin before both writing a review and deciding if it was purchase worthy (spoiler: it wasn't). Basically it opens with a peculiar and bold accord of violet-lilac, mellow white musks and a patchouli note which is so velvety, dusty and sweet that together with ginger and cinnamon it basically creates a sort of "choco-like" accord with a resinous/spicy feel. And that is precisely what I do not like here much – it is kind of "too much" unbalanced a bit overhelming, shouting over the rest of the notes, notably the floral notes. On paper this smelled just perfect and far more balanced – it was heavenly. It is silky, soft, almost milky and quite elegant, with a slight earthy-herbal-balsamic accord... but also much sweet and all over. Besides, the drydown evolves towards a rather generic, vaguely ambery/woody aromatic, kind of ambrox smell, not that natural either. So it's kind "too much" at the beginning and "too little" at the end. Perhaps I was unlucky with my skin, but I find this a bit wrong at a couple of stages. Nonetheless, if you like that type of accords and/or this works differently on your skin, than it may turn into a great scent as it initially was on paper for me – I'll just say: not for a blind-buy (and I'm kind of a blind-buy guy often), better try it and wear it before.

Exenidi
Exenidi

How subtle and alluring this fragrance is! It's a rare fragrance that is destined for summer but doesnt scream Citrus-citrus or coconut. It's a head-turner for patchouli note combined with the freshness of bergamot creates a very light but at the same time unforgettable aura. I remember I had a similar feeling when tried Bulgary White Tea. Yes, that's a perfect comparable to HDP 1826, sillage-wise and longevity. Overall, it's my absolute favourite for spring-summer. Very timely step aside from citrusy themes.

Edit: The blanc by Bvlgari overlay with Oud Bergamot by Jo Malone - here is HDP 1826

brightstar
brightstar

Beautiful and delicate patchouli in the opening, powdery with a hint of flower and vanilla in the drydown. Totally unisex and perfect for daywear.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I received a sample of this with my purchase and put it in the nightstand drawer. Both the sample and the drawer were closed but I was still able to smell strong patchouli aroma around my bed. Too much for me, I did not like it. I actually thought it was men's cologne, it is very masculine.

muskymoi
muskymoi

When I say 1826 smells like sexy playdoh I say it with the best possible compliments. It's so interesting and, most importantly, different from anything else I've smelled containing patchouli. I'm so over patchouli bombs but this one is just so memorable, interesting, and exotically different. Like I've said before, I've not yet met an HdP fragrance that I haven't really enjoyed and appreciated. Looks like I'm adding this one too....

aschiffm
aschiffm

This is one of my favorites in the Histoires line. I get a very pleasant patchouli/vanilla/creamy white flowers mix with a hint of cinnamon, spice and powder.

The adundance of patchouli makes it sound deep and dark but it's actually not, it's use in a refreshing way, and suited for daywear I think (most of the fragrances from this line are suited for day as well since they tend to have this light vibrant quality despite its components). This one is a winner.

Histoires de Parfums 1826 opens as a full-fledged floriental patchouli perfume. Unlike NOIR PATCHOULI, which strikes me as a bit stern, 1826 is a scrumptious composition with enough vanilla to make it slightly sweet but without going overboard. The wood notes, “bois blancs”, become more and more dominant here over time, making this more of a woody oriental in the drydown. In fact, I'd call this a unisex perfume since the sweetness subsides significantly as the wood takes over. I'd say that 1826 would be a good choice for guys or gals who like the general demeanor of D&G LA ROUE DE LA FORTUNE but find it too sweet.

vertigo
vertigo

What a beautiful, delicate, suave, relaxing aroma ...
Clear, sensual, tempting, unforgettable ...

I'd rather say it's a gourmand-aromatic rather than an oriental.
It's dedicated to Eugénie de Montijo, last French empress. She was born in Granada, Anadalucia, and she loved the aroma of patchouli.

1826 starts quite heavy and spicy, reminds me of Ambre Sultan at this stage. But it only lasts a few minutes.
Then it becomes more and more milky and vanillic, sweet, but stays transparent all the time. I think I smell something similar as in Clinique Simply - a bright accord of anise, which is not listed in any of them. It gives this fragrance a pale, lunar light.
It's so well blended ... Absolutely nothing stands out. One light accord of patchouli, white flowers, amber, vanilla ...
Recently I've been so bored with spices and flowers shouting at me from almost every composition out there...
And when 1826 touched my skin I felt like in a scented heaven. A Zen-like scent. Modest and modern at the same time.

Sounds perfect?
Yes, but it has 2 very serious drawbacks.
One: there's almost no sillage! A true skin scent. I literally have to put my nose onto my wrist to smell it. You really have to use a lot, and still only YOU will be able to smell it ... Pity, considering how beautiful it is and that I'd love to share its beauty with someone around ...
Two: No lasting power! After 2 hours there's no trail of it.

Almost made it to my wish-list, but I think I'll look for something with better sillage and staying power.

But I'll never forget 1826.

adele l
adele l

I might suggest trying this one on skin- it may manifest different than its description! Not a bad thing in my case but definitely not a heavy oriental..it's a beautiful wisp of a scent! The spices are very subdued, it's a warm floral with a clean skin musk peeking out from under, thoroughly wearable. Not sweet at all nor old fashioned- very well blended as someone else mentioned.

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Kterhark gives a hilarious description of this scent which I agree with 100%. Now for a modern day version! Before reading the reviews my daughter and I tried this scent during the summer. OH BOY. "Cotton Candy!" my daughter exclaimed. Yes a really huge bag of pink cotton candy at the county fair, then eat a candy apple (just the coating and throw the fruit aside) and then slurp down a big vanilla milk-shake all on a hot-sticky day. Then you drive home in a car without working air-conditioning, get stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic, wish for a slice of lemon that is nowhere to be found....

Kterhark
Kterhark

I dabbed this on before watching the first episide of season 4 of the Tudors, so pardon my references. This is the episode where Kathryn Howard comes to court as Queen, and we the viewers get to see lots of bedroom activity.

Now I paid attention to this era in history class, so i know that King Henry was a fat old diabetic with an ulcer that stunk up the entire castle. I also know these folks didn't bathe, so how on earth where they able to 'get romantic'?

With this in mind I approach 1826. Yes, it's a few centuries later, but the concept is still there. This is what I imagine those bodices smelled like, and I don't say that with a nod of praise. There is the strong, musky (aka perspiration) undergarment that is covered up by frequent visits to the powder room. Here a handful of white florals are rubbed all over the bosom to try and cover the smell. Picture yourself standing in one of those big rooms on a hot summers night; the windows are open and a stale breeze comes through, and everyone is fanning their body odor about with a fan scented with incense and patchouli.

Sound good? Then give this a try. Sound like it would rub your bodice the wrong way? Then move on.

pansylady
pansylady

the initial impression was kinda Old Spice Daddy, but it melted into something soft and luxurious- but this is not something I can see myself purchasing- because of the top notes

Too powdery with sharp citrus, an almost soapy verbena. I scrubbed this. It was just too sticky-powdery and that soapy note was kind of awful. This did not work for me.

lizzie_j
lizzie_j

Another spicey oriental from Histoires de Parfums. 1826 is not as interesting, to me, as 1804, but it is quite beautiful and I wouldn't mind owning a bottle. The top notes include orange, which complements the heart notes of cinammon and ginger beautifully. Rounding out the heart are creamy white flowers and a hint of sharp (not candied) violet. About an hour in, the base notes start to make an appearance, including a lovely, slightly sweet incense note. This is not an old medieval church type of incense, but a light, dry, modern incense, and it's not added with a heavy hand. Instead the base notes of vanilla, patchoulli, and amber share equal footing with the incense, which I like. The combination is just right. Beautifully complex and layered, 1826 is a full blooded and heavy boned oriental in the absolute BEST sense.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums 1826 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums 1826, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1826 by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1826 by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.