Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

1828 Histoires de Parfums for men

1828 Histoires de Parfums for men
dislike

1828 Histoires de Parfums for men Pictures 1828 Histoires de Parfums for men Pictures

1828 by Histoires de Parfums is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. 1828 was launched in 2001. Top notes are grapefruit, citruses, eucalyptus and tangerine; middle notes are pepper and nutmeg; base notes are cedar, vetiver, pine tree and incense.

Grapefruit Citruses Eucalyptus Tangerine

Pepper Nutmeg

Cedar Vetiver Pine Tree Incense

Harrods for Him
Lalique White

1828 Fragrance Reviews

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Sharp citrus/eucalyptus/pine opening with a faint sweetness underneath (the nutmeg?) Invigorating! But with groundedness from patchouli, vetiver, and incense. Smells a bit franckincense-y underneath, too. After the initial blast it calms down to a dry, attractive woody pine. It surprises me that this actually works as well as it does; eucalyptus isn't something that I'd normally want to smell in a perfume, and it's a testament to the house that they managed to pull it off. The eucalyptus also gives 1828 an aquatic feel but it remains completely natural, unlike most aquatic fragrances. Agree with a previous commenter that this is a pretty masculine frag but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. This would be a great choice you're looking for a well made cologne for a man who may be adventurous in general but not when it comes to fragrances. Sophisticated but confident and upbeat.

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

I received the Histoires de Parfums sample book, and this is my favorite of them all!

Finally, a cologne that isn't ruined by eucalyptus!! -i love real, fresh eucalyptus but in colognes, it is ruined on my skin. Smells like dried urine sometimes, it's quite nasty and i immediately raise an eyebrow if I see that ingredient. ...for once, i can relax and enjoy it.

A very crisp, sharp masculine fragrance. I genuinely LOVE this one. From start to finish, this is a great scent. Starts piney and citrusy, and ends up woody and very, very pleasant. Easily 9/10 for me, with the potential of being a 10.

gelo999
gelo999

1828 is a fragrance that according inspire of first and felt the mixture of citrus highlighting a clean and sweet mandarin mixed with a well-aerated eucalyptus captivated me immediately.

Then came into play spices to make a nice spicy note and even there all impressive both projection and duration.

When drying, where start playing note an important note frankincense and pine with the rest of the woods, the fragrance is coming down, pegadita to skin without any projection and begins 2-3 hours away, taking me a tremendous disappointment.

1828 is a fragrance, wearable, easy to carry for everyday, with a very elegant and masculine scent, but with a mean duration and wake, and of course, if inexpensive understand, but for the price you think there are better options.

Rating: 4

arrode
arrode

I'm a woman writing this review I bought the sampler pack of the Histoires de Parfums and didn't realize this was a masculine fragrance, but it's one of my favorites of the bunch. It's a fresh, slightly spicy, yet smooth eucalyptus and pine fragrance. I really love this one and would love to smell this on a guy. :)

calina
calina

1828 fades into a soft skin scent after about 2 hours - nothing wrong with that if that's all you're after. Given its hefty price tag, it's not much bang for the buck.

This smells eeriely like a toned down, less cheery, more mature and sombre version of Minotaure with much less sillage and longevity. In fact, this would have been the perfect Minotaure "summer edition" or "eau de cologne". The great thing is, you can buy Minotaure anywhere online for about a quarter of the price!

I strongly recommend starting off with a 2ml sample or a 14ml travel size (both available from the official HdP website) before committing to a full bottle.

osiris5
osiris5

a woody-balmy sophisticated scent that is for sure.
the freshness is not that citric as one would aspect when you see the high core of citric ingredients. Grapefruit and Tangerine are more bitter a note you can discern right from the start with the pine.
It opens with the balmy freshness with a hint of wood
Later on the vetiver is clearly present accompanied with a hint of eucalyptus that gives the airy lift.
It ends in an aromatic incense-vetiver-wood combination that is very balanced.
A nice perfume for a official occasion.

GenuineR30
GenuineR30

I'm going to describe this scent by the style of the wearer. If Buddy Holly came back from the past and lived in this world today, I'd say this would be his scent. A young sophisticated guy who looks or acts well beyond his years. Someone with style, someone who looks good wearing glasses, someone who seems to make a statement everywhere he goes, not necessarily with words but with his presences and if with words, words of advice.

If I was a time traveler, I'd wear this. If I could step into that Delorean and go anywhere, past, present or future this would be in my shaving kit. When I smell 1828, I think.....the old is back in. It exemplifies a fashionable guy who knows how to dress and can roll and flow with the change and trends. Whatever trend is in, this guy is on top of it.

Right from the start you get the citrus orange and grapefruit and pine. The bitterness of the grapefruit smoothly compliments the pine as they seem to go very well together which balances it out. There is almost a coolness that comes into play which is the eucalyptus. The pepper spices it up and the nutmeg sweetens its dry down. You're left leaving a great impression. I don't think this scent is for everyone but it will intrigue the people around you to want to know what it is.

My advice to the wearer is - Trendy, sophisticated fashionable guy can wear this year round. This could be an all-day scent.

Longevity 7/10 - Lasts a good 4-6 hours
Projection 7/10 - I can smell it on me and the so can others but they need to be at arms length
Year round / day and night

NazguL2
NazguL2

I love noir patchouli, 1740 and others HdP creations but this doesnt impact me in any way.
Is soft and weak, i think is my first HdP that I cant smell nothing after 4 hours ...

Buysblind
Buysblind

A crisp, masculine piney scent that opens up with a nice citrus accord and a cooling eucalyptus note. 1828 is a good fragrance, though it's something that you've probably smelled before among the many iterations of the traditional aromatic-woods fragrances that were particularly popular in the 70's and 80's (Tsar, Paco Rabbane, Quorom, Polo, Agua Brava, etc.). However, 1828 somehow manages to smell modern in spite of these associations, perhaps because it's a bit lighter and livelier, with upbeat citrus notes and well-balanced woods. I wouldn't mind owning this, and maybe when my bottle of Lorenzo Villoresi's excellent, "Uomo" runs out, I'll give it a shot, but for now, I'll just be happy to know that it's out there. 1828 is a solid offering from HdP and certainly worth considering if you're looking for something in this vein. It doesn't present any new concepts, but it executes an old one very well. Projection and longevity are good.

Casavulva
Casavulva

I have great respect for HdP and love several of their fragrances (1725, 1740, 1899 and 1969). But here I pass.

The reason is one note in particular, namely of a tangerine that has gone over the top. A little overripe in other words. This note is not only a top note, but affects the fragrance for hours.

There are those who like their fruit that way, and they will not have a problem with 1828. Personally I prefer the citrusnotes more standard. I would also wish for more of the pine and eucalyptus.

Else there is little to complain about.

I've been wearing random fragrances from random sample vials which I happen upon as I attempt to impart some order to my post-move madness. Mostly I've been reconnecting with scents reviewed by me long ago. Not so with 1828 Jules Verne from Histoires de Parfums. Somehow I neglected to weigh in on this one. I wonder why?

Perhaps because 1828 is such a stereotypical masculine cologne! This is one of those creations which makes it difficult to maintain the "all perfumes are unisex" thesis with a straight face. No, my fragrant friends, this is an aromatic citrus "guy in a blue banker suit" cologne! It smells pretty good for what it is, but it's definitely not for me. I do like the juxtaposition of the spices (especially nutmeg) in here, but overall it's just too masculine for me.

Seems like a safe choice for guys who are not really into perfume (as in: who don't wear Angel and Aromatics Elixir).

orabsolute
orabsolute

The quality of the ingredients is undeniable, but they add up to less than the sum of their parts. In the opening, the citrus and cypress are fairly vibrant and create an outdoorsy, fresh impression. Unfortunately, after about an hour they flatten into an overly sweet (for me anyway, but I have a low tolerance for sweetness in scents), "generic" smell that reminds me of too many fragrances in the "fresh" category, as opposed to those that actually smell fresh.

It's not bad, just mediocre. The combination of longevity and linearity ended up making me simply tired of the scent by the end of the day.

Konst.
Konst.

In 1828 I am standing on a sandy beach with a pine forest behind my back, looking at the open see. The wind brings a tart aroma of citruses and a warm whiff of spice... Summer will come soon and I will sail to more exotic destinations, but for now, this is simply the perfect place to be.

This is a spring scent - cannot agree more with Kain.
A masterly executed blend of freshness, sweetness and spice - very easy-going and relaxing, but by no means "simplistic".
Since I love the taste of grapefruit and nutmeg, and the drydown reminds me strongly of retsina it is almost a "gourmand" for me :)

cloyd42
cloyd42

If nutmeg could curdle it would smell like this. The grapefruit is downright sugary and the eucalyptus is wildly unbalanced.If 1828 really smelled like this it must have been a dreary year indeed.

Sillage / 3 ft
Duration / eternal?
Fabulosity / day old sushi
Value to price ratio / poor

Kain
Kain

It's a really good and pleasant citrus based fragrance with lots of woods and spices surrounding the citrusy notes.
The opening is a fresh and at the same time spicy citrusy scent with some woods and some sweetness in the background and I must admit that the quality is really good!
I can clearly smell tangerin and some other citruses like lemon and grapefruit, but the tangerine note is a little more prominent than other citruses.
There is a sharp peppery smell too and that's because of pepper and nutmeg but it's mostly pepper.
You can smell a very transparent and light woods too, but it's completely in the background.
As time goes by, the woods become stronger and incense kick in! the woods and incense combo create a dusty woody scent and they push the citruses in the background.
You can still smell the spices but they are not that strong like the opening.
In this part you will realize that this is not a fragrance for hot summer days because that woods and incense combo is a little too much and may get cloying in hot weather.
I believe it's a great scent for spring.
In the base the woods and incense and spices settle down and it's really interesting that the citruses are still there and you can smell them.
I can smell really weak tangerin and other citruses plus very light woods and spices in the background.
Projection is good and longevity is above average on my skin.
All and all, it's not a very different type of citrus based fragrance but it's really pleasant and also quality is really good.
Also the tangerin note is really natural and pleasant in this fragrance and I think it's the best part of the scent.

یه عطر خیلی خوب بر پایه رایحه مرکبات که کیفیت ساخت بالایی داره
رایحه اولیه بوی خنک و شاداب مرکباتی هست که رایحه نسبتا قوی فلفلی هم میشه در کنارش حس کرد
رایحه مرکباتی بوی دلپذیر نارنگی هست که بوی خنک و ترش مرکبات دیگه ای مثل لیمو و گریپ فروت هم در کنارش حس میشه اما نارنگی بوی مشخص تر و واضح تری داره
رایحه قوی تند و فلفلی هم به مشام میرسه که به خاطر رایحه فلفل و جوز هست ولی بیشتر بوی فلفل میده تا جوز
یه رایحه خیلی خفیف و ملایم چوب هم به مشام میرسه ولی خیلی ضعیفه
با گذر زمان رایحه چوب ها قویتر میشن و حالا رایحه نسبتا دودی بخور وارد میشه و رایحه های مرکباتی رو به عقب هل میدن
رایحه چوب و بخور یه مقدار برای عطرهای خنک زیادی قوی هستن و حس چوبی و خاکستر مانندی به عطر میدن که باعث میشه نشه این عطرُ تو هوای خیلی گرم مثل ظهرهای تابستون استفاده کرد چون اذیت کنندس
به نظر من بهتره این عطر تو بهار استفاده بشه که هوا هنوز طبع خنکی داره
به مرور و در رایحه پایه بوی چوبی و بخور و بوی فلفل خیلی ضعیف میشن و حالا شما مجددا میتونین رایحه مرکباتی رو حس کنین که بوی مطبوع و نیمه شادابی دارن و در کنار اونا هم میشه رایحه خیلی ملایمی از بوی چوب و فلفل رو حس کرد
پخش بوی این عطر خوبه و ماندگاری متوسط به بالایی رو پوست داره
در کل عطر خیلی متفاوت یا خاصی نیست اما کیفیت ساخت خوبی داره و رایحه بسیار جالب و با کیفیت نارنگی حس نسبتا متفاوتی بهش بخشیده و اونو از یه عطر خیلی ساده و تکراری هم خارج میکنه

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Histoires de Parfums - 1828

Simple, easy to like and also easy to forget...

But it is quite good.

I really enjoy how the nutmeg is well blended with the other notes as citrusy accords (on the beginning), the pine notes, eucalyptus and cedarwood.

Nutmeg is the main note for me... Dusty, spicy and intriguing here.

But even though, here we have a simple scent - easy to go everywhere, anywhere...

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Histoires de Parfum 1828 is a beautifully scent which evokes charm, vitality, sophistication and the well travelled man. This fragrance house HDP is going to be the next big thing I just know it. Already people are talking about the magical qualities that HDP is creating. Fresh, clean, energizing. Wear it when you are ready to have a big day out!

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

Output notes with citrus and eucalyptus that brings a green woody vibe, but it vanishes quickly giving way to pine that combined with the nutmeg is heated slightly, and in a tone drier fragrance sometime somewhat reminiscent product cleaning, but this does not affect in any way the fragrance.

After some time the incense comes softly and remains shy to the end, and who dominates the aroma almost all the time is the combination pine tree and nutmeg.

Noteworthy
Noteworthy

This is a terrrific blend of various scents of woods and citrus, especially the great pine scent that comes from it.

I have never heard more compliments during the day at the office from a fragrance than with this.

Scent is an easy 9/10 summer scent; 8/10 winter scent
Longevity 9/10
Projection 8/10

mendwillie
mendwillie

Prevails in me pine green is very dominant then feel light wood caressing my skin and slight citrus but still pine is completely permanent. Very good this, getting used to the smell, it may be awkward at first but over time you end up falling in love or hating it.

I rank it well:
Smell: 9.5/10
Projection: 9/10
Longevity: 9.5/10

Carabella
Carabella

Strangely, somehow, and I am not even sure at all how this happened given the notes, this fragrance reminds me almost entirely of Chanel's "Chance" which is for women. . . .in the drydown, slightly less so, but it ended up being enough of an "indoors" scent that it was mildly distracting while hiking through the woods wearing my sample. You would think that given its inspiration, it would smell either more outdoorsy, or more abstract.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This starts with citrus notes then a very dry pine note appears very soon after which is joined by a blast of cool soothing eucalyptus. As time goes by I'm picking
up a mixture of the pine and grapefruit notes with eucalyptus in the background. The menthol aspect and pine together with woods coming into play with incense make
this fragrance interesting.

Though to be honest these fragrance accords are not to my taste though this would be worth sampling if you like these notes in a scent. Again everything is so well
blended and the ingredients are top notch.

So to sum up a dry pine menthol fragrance with incense and woods which smells good and different from a lot of fragrances on the shelves. I got about six to seven
hours with this one.

OK you can call me names but, to me, 1828 is not so distant from Gucci Envy for Men.

It opens with citruses and eucalyptus immediately joined by incense. Frankincense perfectly blends with the aromatic grapefruit note adding depth and consistency to the fragrance. This accord is definitely successful and so well executed that I was ready to declare 1828 as one of my favourite compositions from this house. Elegant, masculine, fresh but not dull, with a remarkable presence but not loud...a fantastic everyday's fragrance...but...

...but disappointment was waiting for me just right behind the corner. The eucalyptus note evaporates in couple of minutes and you can say goodbye to the "balsamic" effect. Same is for the aromatic grapefruit leaving 1828 in a sort of generic territory made of vetiver, spices and woods (mainly cedar) that's really too similar to Gucci Envy For Men. Overall I can't say that 1828 is unsuccessful but after the outstanding opening I definitely expected something more.

That said, if you're not familiar with Gucci Envy For Men and you are ready for a challenging price tag, you could enjoy 1828. Personally I stick with the Gucci.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

"A freshness tinted with sophistication" - a quote from Histoires de Parfums, about their "1828" fragrance ... which is a simple but perfectly correct discription.
All the scents from their "liabrary" are inspired by literary figures. This one, being inspired by the "father of science fiction" - Jules Verne. ... So a scent for travellers and adventurers. And it fits the bill perfectly. It's fresh, but with a heart of subtle spice.
It's an aromatic hesperidic scent, with Grapefruit shinning centre stage. With Top notes of Grapefruit, Italian Orange, Mandarine and Eucalyptus. Heart notes of Nutmeg and Black Pepper. And Base notes of Atlas Ceder, Patchouli, Siberian Pine Cone, Vetiver and Incense.
It's just perfect for summer, but much more sophisticated than the run of the mill sporty citrus fragrances. It really is in a much higher league of it's own. Pure quality !

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums 1828 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums 1828, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1828 by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1828 by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.