Designers » F-H » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Ambre 114 Histoires de Parfums for women and men

Ambre 114 Histoires de Parfums for women and men
dislike

Ambre 114 Histoires de Parfums for women and men Pictures

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Ambre 114 was launched in 2001. Ambre 114 was created by Gerald Ghislain and Magali Senequier. Top notes are nutmeg and caraway; middle notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, cedar, rose and geranium; base notes are tonka bean, amber, benzoin, vanilla and musk.

Nutmeg Caraway

Prada Intense

Ambre 114 Fragrance Reviews

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

I received a sample of this from a generous Fragrantican, and I LOVE it. I put it on maybe 10 minutes ago. I don't smell much besides a true, somewhat salty, somewhat powdery amber. I don't smell much else besides, but that's OK (after reading the notes, I think I smell z hint of nutmeg). I love amber scents so much. I'd say this is full bottle worthy, but I recently dropped more money than I should have on Diptyque's Volutes, another amber of the same variety, but with honey and Tobacco added.
When/if I finish Volutes, I might buy this instead of replacing.
Edit: after 10 more minutes or so, I detect cedar and other woody aromas emerging. This scent is really nice, and maybe different enough from Volutes to justify buying a 10 mL or so decant.

hdmc_2000
hdmc_2000

BEAUTIFUL AMBER! SMELLS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT! HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR AMBER LOVERS. :)

Albin
Albin

Rerik, for God's sake, wear it! Don't complicate yourself, it's just a smell, and your are gonna smell really good.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

All of the praise is well-deserved but I've worn it maybe 5 times in 4 years. It doesn't have that Planet X component that makes me crave it. I would trade a full bottle for even a tiny bit of Norma Kamali Incense.

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

Absolutely delicious. The most beautiful olfactory embrace you can possibly have. I can see the similarities with Ambre Preciux... AP being the more serious amber, Ambre 114 being more of the playful? brighter? Not sure.
Regardless, you will not go wrong having both on your collection.
Smell great my friends.

Readysniffer1
Readysniffer1

This layers gorgeously over 100% Pure Vanilla Bean Body Lotion.

wlmyer2
wlmyer2

Oh how I love my amber based fragrances! And this one is in my top five favorites (my favorite being Serge Luten's Ambre Sultan). This one reminds me of my Serge. The Ambre 114 has a warm cuddly feeling throughout its wear. I love the thyme and nutmeg notes, they add an earthiness to this beautiful composition. If you love SL's Ambre Sultan or I Profumi di Firenze's Ambra del Nepal then this fragrance is for you!

K1
K1

Ambre 114 is a luring amber fragrance that sits between "fortuneteller Ambre Sultan" and "frowny Psychédélique". It's a patchouli amber fragrance with yummy resinous feature, not very complex, but very well-blended.

Ambre 114 opens with warm air assaulted in a spicy sweet aromatic theme that runs entire performance. The spicy feature is so stronger than amber side so it keeps the fragrance on spicy vibe when it grows up.

Ambre 114 is dense, sweet, sharp in heart, and rounded in opening and dry out, posh, outrageous and a bit classic in general. Don't let the title fool you, it's not entirely amber. It's amber infused in nutmeg and patchouli.
★★★★

Tirreni
Tirreni

On paper this should be exactly right for me as it contains everything that I love apparently - nutmeg, vetiver, rose, geranium, vanilla, benzoin, tonka bean, amber etc. In reality it really doesn't suit me and all I get is overwhelming amber and musk which is way too heavy (and I usually like heavy!), powdery, and cloying. After numerous attempts I've found I just can't wear it as it's migraine-inducing for me! Maybe it's my skin, I don't know, but I'm so glad this was just a sample which I'd purchased through my recommendations on 'Nose'. I'd have been gutted if I'd have blind-bought this at full price. After my final attempt at wearing it today the rest is going in the bin and I'm going to bed with a migraine!

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

In the words of @the_badger . . . "Instant Love" . . this is my kind of easy to wear amber . . . smooth balmy sweet and resinous. I've been hunting and buying ambers all this year and this is one of several new loves I've discovered. The interpaly of nutmeg, vanilla and tonka give 114 a very subtle gourmand-ish essence about it. The florals give it a romantic essence. But amber and benzoin are the real stars and I'm loving every minute. I'm afraid I'll have to splurge and upgrade my 14ml purse spray. :-)

the_badger
the_badger

The most delicious, powdery, gourmand type of amber I have smelled, like a sponge cake right out of the oven. Not very manly but hell who cares when it smells this good. Instant love.

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

جربته بعد ما سمعت عنه الكثير.. جميل ولكن هناك الاجمل منه

gelo999
gelo999

Apparently simple possible fragrance, classic and timeless cut, with just the right spice, just wood with amber fair, with the right balance, with impeccable transitions between chords, with the duration and fair trail and a warmth very far.
Basically it feels amber maybe type Ambroxan and nutmeg with markedly balsamic accent, a drop of rose and another drop of sandalwood, seems little and I assure you no longer need.
Everything is perfectly measured and tied in this fragrance from start to finish.
No doubt there are many good amber fragrances in the market, but this can be considered an amber reference to be comparable with any other by the high level of expertise and complexity in implementation.
Very good quality, this fragrance is designed to charm by its apparent simplicity beautiful.
Simply "Ambre 114" is impeccable and seductive amber !!
Rating: 8

Rerik
Rerik

I´ve got an old tester bottle, which was half empty for 20 Euro. This is the most elegant fragrance I know. Very powdery amber. Rose makes fragrances in general very elegant. The result, Ambre 114 smells in the sillage like chalk.
The only problem is, I can´t wear it.

I am a poor guy. This fragrance shows richness.
I am under 30. This fragrance shows matureness.
I don´t have a girlfriend. This fragrance is for those who stay with both feet on the ground (family, wife, own house, etc.).

So I have to use my teenager scents and be happy with them. What a pitty.

9-na
9-na

It's a resinous and spicy scent on me with a bit of vanilla and a bit of vetiver. I feel very comfortable and warm when I wear it. Liking this one a lot.

Kain
Kain

This is a very nice and safe pleasing amber, vanilla and musk combo along with mellow spices to give the scent a sharp and kind of masculine edge.
In "Main Notes According to Your Votes" musk is at the bottom but I do get loooots of musk from this fragrance!

The opening is a very charming warm and sweet amber and vanilla combo plus some spices and easy to detect musky feeling.
The opening smells similar to "Montale Blue Amber" but less spicy and also it feels musky while "Blue Amber" doesn't have this musky feeling.

As time passes I'm getting almost the same smell but musk gets much stronger. a simple musky and sweet ambery scent plus some spices and woods in the background till the end.
Projection is really good and longevity is around 7-8 hours on my skin.
A solid amber based fragrance but I've smelled better!

این عطر یه کار خوشبو و عامه پسند بر پایه رایحه کهربا هست که با ترکیب کهربا، وانیل و مشک و کمی ادویه جات ترکیب یلی دلنشین و گرم و شیرینی رو بوجود میاره که به طور حتم خیلی ها ازش خوششون خواهد اومد
تو رای مصرف کنندگان در مورد رایحه های اصلی عطر مشک اون پایین پایین هاست ولی شخصا به نظرم مشک یکی از اصلی ترین رایحه های این عطره و خیلی مشهودتر از اون چیزیه که دیگران اشاره میکنن. حداقل به بینی من که اینطوره

تو رایحه ابتدایی میشه یه بوی گرم، شیرین، خوشمزه و دوست داشتی کهربا و وانیل رو حس کرد که مقدار کمی مشک هم کنارشون وجود داره و کمی رایحه ادویه جات بهش حس تند و تیز و مردانه میدن
رایحه ابتدایی منو تا حد نسبتا زیادی یاد عطر "مونتال بلو آمبر" میندازه منتها این حالت ادویخ ای ملایمتری داره و داخلش مشک هم داره در حالی که بلو آمبر مشک نداشت

با گذر زمان بوی عطر تغییر زیادی نمیکنه. بوی عطر همون حس شیرین و گرم کهربایی و وانیلی خودشو داره فقط مشک خیلی قویتر میشه و جدا از رایحه های ادویه ای کمی هم رایحه های چوبی بهش اضافه میشن که یه ته بوی ضعیف تلخ و چوبی بهش میدن
پخش بوی نسبتا بالایی داره اما نه جوری که خیلی زیاد باشه و همه حس کنن و ماندگاریش هم حدود 7-8 ساعت روی پوست هست
کار کهربایی خوبی هست اما شخصا عطرهای کهربایی به مراتب بهتری از این تست کردم و اونا رو به این ترجیح میدن

tdwtdw
tdwtdw

I like it a lot. It is just a little too powdery for me to be honest. I just blind bought it. Looking to sell or trade. Sprayed it only 4 times.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

At first you get the spices with some florals with a rich creaminess underneath. And the longer you wear it the more rich this fragrances becomes. It just turns into this warm thick rich sweet vanilla and amber blanket that just envelopes you. Gets me compliments every time. And longevity is awesome.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

Pleasing moments of amber, vanilla, balsamic, warm spice. Wears down smoothly. I wish it had more sillage though, but great for work

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I don't know why but this is the shit!!! I love this fragrance and wish I could wear it all the time. The only downside is that it is not really great in the hotter climates but still a great fragrance. Love the powdery opening!!!

Marciu
Marciu

I've tested it out today.

This is amber wrapped in vanilla. There are lots of vanilla, tonka and benzoin in the background. But still the main player is amber.

It's sweeter and smoother than Ambrarem, which makes it more unisex than Ambrarem is.

Longevity is 12 hours, sillage is big.

All in all - a nice fragrance, but still my favourite amber based scent remains Ambrarem.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Graceful, sophisticated, for all seasons. I can feel immediately cedar, and nutmeg notes and finally turns powdered with amber tones. Nothing exceptional.

Roge'
Roge'

Should of been named Patchouli 114. If I was purposely looking for a patchouli scent, this would have fit the bill otherwise, this particular amber is deemed a disappointment in my book. Patchouli, vanilla, musk and something else resembling root beer. That's the gist of the composition. Is it Comforting? Yes. Long lasting? Yes. Forgettable?.... Um yes. Kinda reminds me of the drydown in Les Jeux Sont Faits. I wish I could lie and tell everyone that Ambre 114 is "off the chain" but this is um...."on the chain". Just a regular degular niche scent. Balloon poppers..bring it on!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Powdery, sweet, oily amber and vanilla, with tinges of sleepy lavender, geranium and patchouli. It's a very lush, hazy scent. I like to dose up on this before bed time as it relaxes me, but I don't feel comfortable wearing it outside the house. It's homely smelling; reminds me of massage oil, talc and vanilla custard powder.

Pleasant, comforting, but not exactly sexy. It's also very similar to "L'Eau d'Ambre" by L`Artisan Parfumeur.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is a powdery, sweet amber. Reminded me of Shalimar with the fecal note replaced by Amber. Not my thing, but long lasting and very well done

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Warm, pleasant amber, but too vanillic and too sweet on my skin in the first hour. Rather cloying in comparison to other lighter ambers that I prefer. The drydown is powdery and almondy like a gourmand. Good quality ingredients, but this is not to my taste at all. Too sweet and too powdery for an hour or so and then the almond note turns rather bitter on my skin and wavers between too sweet and a slight bitterness. It finally dries down to a decent resinous amber scent. This scent is not light or transparent to me, but rather heavy. This is another one that I would not kick to the curb, and I'd wear it if it were the only amber in the world, but there are many other ambers that are more to my taste.

AriesMan
AriesMan

This is great lots of spices warm amber, get earthy-almond of tonka too. Very smooth transitions through notes for me , is like velvet nothing is jarring. Great winter scent this! I am offering my new bottle for swap though, sad memories and time to move on. Dry down is nice, bit of some powdery effect is adding elegant sophistication and 8 hours at least lasting.

hadassa
hadassa

Soft, powdery, sweet vanillic amber, unisex and very versatile. It isn't heavy, it is transparent.

However, it still has its character: there is a smoky undertone in it, and it lasts long, although the sillage isn't huge.

I would say - a classy daytime amber.

polotimbs
polotimbs

Just received a sample from Lucky Scent....Simply incredible!!! Each and every whiff I take the scent actually soothes its way throughout my body giving me that ahhhhhhh moment. Ordering 2 bottles today!

sussex2
sussex2

This is very sweet. Probably the sweetest fragrance I have encountered. Lucky for me I love sweet.

There is something spicy that cuts, or perhaps just grazes, the sugary vanilla and amber heart of this fragrance. I can't work out if its the caraway, geranium or patchouli. Its a quiet cut. When the spicy notes escape its as if they have lost something in their battle for freedom. There is also a rose note that subtly colours the fragrance. Like the spice, its struggles from the sugary depths to add a hint of colour.

The overall effect, at least for me, is Caron's Pour un Homme heated in the oven until the lavender cooks off. Then gentle spices, rose water and lots of amber are added as it cools. To finish, its dusted in icing sugar - ready to eat. But as we all know: you can't have your cake and eat it too – better stick to smelling this confectionery treat.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This one opens up with a sharp spicy note. My guess that would be the caraway. It then quickly settles down to a soft creamy powdery scent. I get amber, vanilla and geranium. Geranium in this is prominent and it does remind me of baby powder. Moderate projection and longevity on my skin. It could be better if I applied more since I'm testing it from a small 0.7ml vial. IMO, it's a different take on amber fragrances with a floral twist and I can see that someone may like it. However, I prefer my amber creamy and spicy only so this is a pass for me. Sorry.

Karenin
Karenin

I used to associate "amber" with notions such as exoticism, opulence, and (in extreme cases toothache-inducing) sweetness. Histoires de Parfums with their "Ambre 114" have literally shattered my prejudice towards this note by demonstarting that an amber-centred perfume can also be light, smooth and fresh.

Even though Ambre 114 is alleged to have been composed of 114 elements, it is a linear perfume in my books. Basically, it´s all about amber, vanilla and patchouli, perhaps with barely perceptible whiffs of nutmeg in the head and sandalwood in the heart. Its linearity is prefectly fine with me since it contains ingredients of the highest quality, definitely worthy of its niche fragrance status as well as its hefty price tag.

In my view, Ambre 114 is a charming and surprisingly versatile perfume. Thanks to this offering and other fragrances from their line, Histoires de Parfums have swiftly become one of my favourite perfume houses. Bravo!

Wise-222
Wise-222

There are a lot of amber perfume in the market and some are dull and the other quite a bit, but with this fragrance, which excelled craftsman making harmony between lavander and amber and vanilla, making it for me like the best amber Perfume I have seen in my life with best quality
It makes you feel luxury and grandeur.

Bandit
Bandit

I know, I am the biggest peasant of fragantica, but this is not the revelation, which this perfume's reputation implies. It turns very sweet and even a little powderish, it is not a bit rough, and for sure it is not a smokey amber, just a mediocre, alright ambre, somewhat without own character to me and even a bit too drugstore.

At the moment I favourite L'Occitane's Amber of all the ones, I've tried (which is lot, I still seek the perfect amber - to give you an idea of what I also tried: Madini's ambers, Ava Luxe's ambers, L'Occitane's Labdanum, Ambre Fetiche, Cuir Ambre, Reminiscene's Ambre, Ambre Gris, Ambre'Dor, Artisan's two ambres, Blue Amber, Burnt Amber by Neil Morris... I think, you get the picture.)

Save your money.

2nd review
I smelled this agian in a dept.store not remembering my first impression. I must be old...
Anyway this was suggested by a lovely SA as I told her I crave amber. To be honest I crave many things. I love rose, natural vanilla and many other notes. It depneds on my mood. When I'm in an amber mood nothing stops me! I tried so many. I wished that Ambre de l'Occitane could work for me, but it was just nice.
The Sa saw it right. As Ambre 114 hit my skin and my nose I was in delight. OMG! What a scent! It's really unapologetical, intense, present but soft and round.
She told me: "Go around with this and you will see. In a hour at least two people will ask what you're wearing!" Off I went and felt a little conscious about my perfume but nicely enveloped in it. I forgot about.
In a very little time two other SA in the store asked me: "Oh, what is this wonderful perfume you're wearing?"
Mmmm... power of commercial brainwashing? I doubt so.
I love this perfume. Soon or later I will shell money for this, maybe next fall. Or before.

deadidol
deadidol

Excellent reference amber in that it's fairly close to a conifer extraction and isn't merged with any notes as competition. It's linear, rich, and has an almost oily/buttery aspect to it, yet there's nothing cloying going on here. Given that most modern representations of amber are really just interpretations with virtually no connection to actual amber (think sweet, vanilla/powder pudding type scents), this is very well-done. With that said, there are far more interesting takes on amber out there (Amber Absolute, L'Ombre Fauve, Les Nereides Imperial) that aren't taking the note too far from its origins, and are augmenting it with complimentary notes. This doesn't do anything like that, so what you end up with is an incredibly well-done accord. Given that, I'd say this is best suited for the amber fans alone, mainly because its such a true-to-form representation.

Longevity weighs in at an average 6 hours or so, but the scent sits quite close to the skin for most of that. Very impressive in what it does, despite not doing a whole lot of anything.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Ambre is excellent, one of the best I've ever felt.
Amber colored and somewhat spicy in opening and that floral light in body, but it hardly appears.
Reconciled with an intriguing sandalwood it is actually a traditional amber but very sweet and gourmand up with the appearance of intense vanilla and benzoin, the rest does not matter, he is delightfully balmy and gourmand.

Jaki
Jaki

Heavenly Amber,great lasting power and delicious from the start to the drydown. I agree with Coutureguru it is highly reminiscent of the edp of must de cartier in the drydown, the best bit!

OnTheRun
OnTheRun

Most of my perfumes are heavy. They suit me and I love heavy.
114 is heavy and attracts people.
Big bottle, not very attractive but the presentation is good.
Does not smell like anything else, can't compare to anything or maybe with a 10 course meal at a very exclusive restaurant?

mendwillie
mendwillie

Excellent Fragrance.Vanilla predominant in me. So Luxurious!!! AMAZING!!!

I rank it well:
Smell: 10/10
Projection: 10/10

antfarm
antfarm

Elegant, light amber. Transparent and highly wearable like Prada L'eau Ambree, but with better lasting power.

kookaburrah
kookaburrah

This is closer to Ambre Precieux and Blue Amber than the herbal Ambre Sultan which conjures up an Asian grocery store. It is light and airy (unlike Blue Amber) but by no means lacking in the projection/longevity department. It also strikes me as having complexity and "intelligence" - this isn't a headshop or foody-style amber. It leaves a delicate trail, polite and restrained but present. It doesn't need to shout. I also detect a hint of rose and nutmeg which add a feminine warmth and sweetness. It is my favourite amber.

dollars&scents
dollars&scents

Ambre 114 by Histoire de Parfums - A rather different accord greets one initially. A somewhat piquant and savory thyme commingles with the cinnamon-like nutmeg, fostering an atypical, sweetly herbaceous slant. A nascent amber draws the curious blend to its heart. Here, the amber comes into full bloom, with its earthy sweetness, noticeably tempered by an ample geranium, with its forceful greenness and faintly sour undertone. Glimpses of a minty patchouli as well as the clumped, field-grass aspect of vetiver also present. A creamy, balsamic, and faintly spicy, woods accord can also be discerned. And, a lovely, cabernet-like rose makes an appearance. Transitioning to the base, the resinous amber is lifted by a warm, vanillic tonka bean. Labdanum couples with vanilla and benzoin to create a wonderful, ambergris illusion. A clean musk adds to the delightful experience. An enchanting drydown ensues. Admittedly, this is a beautiful, sweetish scent, with average projection and longevity. However, its composition is somewhat banal, hence, my unenthusiastic "Thumbs Up" rating.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

114....my love!!!!! This is probably my favorite amber on the market. It is sharp, thick, sweet and herbal! My gosh. It opens with a very herbal amber, as it dries down it becomes more spicy, and sweeter and dense. During the dry down you can almost feel the components unfolding on your skin. Funny thing is, if you engange in any activity that warms the skin, this scent begins to pick up steam. I got in an argument with my coworker about this. She had sworn that I sprayed more on after running up the stairs. I could go on and on but just read the other reviews. Here is how it performs on my skin:

Longevity - 2 days ;o)
Projection - feet away
Sillage - leaves a lengthy trail and lingers forever
Compliment Factor - beyond great

Overall this is a beautiful rendition of Amber. It puts you in the mind of Precieux and Blue Amber. I would not own all three of these but two would be wonderful. Here is one fact. Histories has done an unbelievable job at making perfume. Noir Patchouli, 1969, 1740, Tubereuse 3 and 114 are all gorgeous. Hats off to one of the most underrated fragrance houses in the industry

fanny
fanny

Simply said: a beauty.
This refined scent is soft and fresh even.
An amber perfume for those who like to have it sweetened by vanilla, and uplifted by a musky rose, some sandalwood an a light cedar.
I am smitten.

Patti04
Patti04

I experienced a different fragrance becouse on my skin amber is covered by all the spices around it: so 114 elements are not a jocke! Probably Ambra by Etro is more suitable for my skin.

guido2663
guido2663

Complex and intriguing. Probably one of the best ambre scent I've ever bought.

Not always available everywhere.

Eos
Eos

Are there 114 individual components in this fragrance? Only the folks at Histoire de Parufms know. To my nose the most prominent notes are benzoin, rose, caraway, nutmeg and sandalwood. The overall effect is a rounded, woody, powdery oriental which is simultaneously transparent and grounded. I wouldn't call it earthy, nor would I call it gourmand.

Sillage: discrete if applied lightly, 7 feet if applied liberally
Longevity: 9 hours
If you're looking for a well behaved, powdery niche amber, look no further. Its not ground breaking or edgy, but Ambre 114 is well made with a complex composition that remains harmonious despite the surprisingly large number of clearly discernible notes.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Beautiful opening, smooth and resinous with hints of rose and spice.

Histoires seem to have an obsession with a particular note I've also detected heavily in 1725 too. Seems to be not-too-sweet Tonka bean. The notes also list nutmeg, caraway and the rose. And Ambre114 does open with a blast of that dark tonka-mix and subtly-spiced amber. For me, it creates a 'dark-bean' effect that a lot of you may be familiar with, and can come across as oud-like even. It's certainly oriental-arabian, but again I was hoping on the sweeter side.

However, this is sweeter than 1725. And in fact, imo, much better overall- so I've rated it higher!

What really stood out in my sample was the blending- like the finest of cocktails, this is one of the smoothest compositions I've ever tried! And it's amazing for it, it's seductive just because of its smoothness, but the amber is of the glowing-radiant quality too. The sweetness didn't take long to grow, once there, this House's quality of ingredients really begins to shine. This also keeps the powdery side well down, it's very hard to detect here, and I like it like that!

Just as others have said this is much smoother than Ambre Sultan, containing little or none of that scents' herbal sharpness. No oregano or dusty spice rack here. Resembles SoOud's Asmar quite a bit more if I may attempt some comparison, I detect no coffee in both, but Ambre114 is much sweeter. Some geranium, I would have preferred iris really as it is a little sweeter, I think the real problem was projection for me.

I just do not wear fragrances just for their dry-downs alone. Then everyone would be a winner almost! While the opening here is interesting and very pleasant (and of course, smooooth!), I would have liked a touch more sugar, weight and loudness to score it a 4. The dark/sweet amber-geranium combo that starts appearing in wafts about 1 hour in is nice, but it becomes a little too thin too quickly. Maybe some heavier vanilla/woods or even insence or Oud would've provided a more satisfying conclusion and complete drydown- like some of the Montales are very good at doing.

It's smoother than Ambre Precieux, showcasing how well done it really is- a huge plus.

A step just above the boozy Frapin's Caravelle Epicee imo, which this in quite direct competition with. Overall, one of the markets better ambers.

3/5.

fpih
fpih

Ambre 114 to me smells like the love child of Ambre Precieux and Ambre Extreme by L'Artisan. Whereas Ambre Extreme is simply smooth & powdery sweetness, Ambre 114 is still that but with Ambre Precieux's spices on top; or if you prefer, it's Ambre Precieux whose spiciness is toned down by Ambre Extreme's powdery, sweet base.

I like it better than Ambre Extreme which is simply too bland and powdery for me, but as a lover of spices, I'll go for Ambre Precieux's full fledged fire and sparkling personality anytime. Still, for those who find Ambre Precieux too bold or aggressive, Ambre 114 is the perfect choice. As lasting power goes, Ambre 114 is once more in the middle, lasting far less than Precieux (whose's lasting power is phenomenal anyway) and more than Extreme, which lasts barely 2-3 hours on me. I can well understand why it is the perfect amber for so many people even if my own vote goes to Ambre Precieux.

aschiffm
aschiffm

I loved this the second I put it on, it's soft and cuddly sweet amber and baby powder. Most amber fragrances are night perfumes but this one is soft hazy and bright which makes it suited for day. It's also very creamy and milky from the sandalwood, vanilla and rose. I only smelled the spices in the beginning, although the nutmeg does linger lightly. It amazes me there are 114 elements because it's a pretty straightforward scent. This made me feel reallyyy sensual.

Yamba1
Yamba1

A simply beautiful creation with amber as the star of the show. Unlike Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, there is no sharp herbal accord to cut through the sweetness. It remains on the sweet side, but this is in no way offensive or cloying. I found that at about the twenty minute mark, a soapy accord accompanied the amber, but disappeared on the dry down where amber again settled nicely into a cozy comfort scent. Anyone who has had difficulty wearing SL Ambre Sultan should give this a try. It may be the Amber perfume you're looking for. Two thumbs up!

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I don't have access to Histoires De Parfums where I live so I was thrilled to find that their website offers samples! I dutifully checked the list and ordered six (the transaction was a breeze and they arrived beautifully and securely packaged) ... this is the second one I've tried. If it keeps going like this I am in for an expensive time. I LOVE THIS AMBER!!! It actually reminds me (albeit distantly) of Must de Cartier. Sandalwood, vanilla and rose all laid on a creamy bed of benzoin ... never rude or obnoxious ... simply just present! It's not going to break any sillage records but it's lasting power is above average. It's an intimate fragrance ... one that people will compliment you on when they get close enough to kiss you! WOW ... I am thoroughly blown away by this newly discovered niche house. Magical stuff!! My credit card is already shivering :o(.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Ahhhh man this is gorgeous! A sandalwood and a beautiful creamy light sweet Amber with a touch of vanille is what I'm getting from this. I am now picking up
a rose note within this beautiful mix. This scent is just enchanting and really divine to your olfactory senses. And it never overpowers or gets sickly
sweet but just sits right on the skin giving you that perfect satisfaction.

I have to say this is the best ever ambre fragrance that I have ever smelled. The way the dry sandalwood mixes in with the amber and that touch of vanille is
a work of genious. And the way the creator has managed to get that floral aspect too it with the rose is amazing. Full bottle worthy without any hesitation.

To sum up a gorgeous stunning creamy sandalwood amber fragrance which stands tall over most amber based fragrances.

Histoires de Parfums AMBRE 114 is said by the house to contain 114 elements, hence the name. The take-away, however, is a fairly simple, straightforward, luscious golden and slightly sweet amber perfume. I wonder whether it might be too sweet for some of the gents out there. It is not actually very sweet, but it is a bit. Certainly it is considerably more sweet than Serge Lutens AMBRE SULTAN, to offer one example of a rival niche amber perfume.

I like this perfume because it is a bona fide labdanum amber perfume without being boring. Sometimes unadorned amber perfumes such as L'Artisan Parfumeur AMBRE EXTREME or L'EAU D'AMBRE seem more like a base than a full-fledged perfume and leave me wanting more. HdP AMBRE 114, in contrast, seems both very ambery and very perfumey, but without being very complicated--at least not to the nose. I do not detect the usually hardhitting spices such as nutmeg and caraway as discernible independent elements. Instead, what I smell is a tightly woven blend.

Histoires de Parfums is one of my favorite niche houses, so I'm not surprised that they've managed to create a beautiful amber perfume!

hnyc
hnyc

I don't get any sweetness, tonka, vanilla or anything with this. It's all amber, all woody on my skin. I like it but I don't think I would purchase. On me it definitely feels too masculine. I got a sample of this and I'm almost wondering if I got the wrong perfume in the sample based on the other reviews! I may give the rest of the sample to my husband, I would probably like it on him!

Amber is a dangerous territory where sweetness can easily become overwhelming turning a fragrance into an unbearable heaviness. The big point of strength of Amber 114 is its extremely balanced blend of spices/herbs and resionous notes (mainly benzoin) joined by woods and rose that make of this composition quite an easy wear in which sweetness is carefully tamed and dosed to become a side aspect.

Overall I'd say that while Ambre 114 can be considered as one of the most complex and deep ambers around, at the same time it is outstanding for its incredible wearability and "lightness".

These things don't happen by accident. Amazing Stuff!

Rating: 8.5-9/10

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Deep, rich, powdery amber. So sexy and comfortable. I love amber! When it's done right, you feel like you're wrapped in a soft cashmere blanket. If not, it's dry and makes you feel like you have to cough. (That's what I got from Agent Provocateur Strip.)

But Ambre 114 is the former. It's a beautiful tan cashmere coat on a blustery fall day, with brilliant gold and red leaves falling around you. So glad to have a sample of this. Thanks, Triplex!

sky76sky

My oh-so-smooooooth winter-warmer! A soft, clotted cream butterscotch scent balanced by lightly stripping herbs & spices. This perfume had my love & respect from first spritz.

Imagine a howling gale outside & you tucked up in soft knits in front of a real log fire with a cosy glow. You need a scent that is deep & powerful, warm, velvety-smooth, creamy, not too sweet, woodsy with rich resinous herbal qualities to match your fire & feelings. 114 is IT.

I find it practically impossible to unpick the separate notes from this cleverly crafted fragrance - with 114 additions to the mix this would be a task for Hercules! Nothing jars, nothing shouts...this is one smooth scent from start to finish.

114 is so rich it saturates your senses until you could purr like the cat that got all the cream. The sillage & lasting power is amazing - next morning you are still snuggled in her soft embrace. On a man this would be a nuzzle-scent...although I can't help but think of this fragrance as a very voluptous, feline female.

Strictly for those who crave deep, smooth vanilla-amber perfumes like Ambre Precieux. For you, 114 will be heaven-scent.

Beautiful amber, quite strong still feminine and slightly powdery. Really well-made. Anyway if you only like little ambery notes in your fragrance stay away from this, it will eat you up. This is for people who enjoy amber at high degree. All other notes are very nice, not so evident as this is mostly about amber. The rest is a complimentary harmony enhancing the ambery edge. All in all is nothing new or original. It reminds me a lot of Shalimar, only better of commercial editions.

sky76sky

I am itching to review this herbal, creamy-warm amber delight that I have fallen for (thank you SNS!).....but at the moment I am happily lost for words enveloped in its gorgeous amber fog :)

If you like your ambers rich, spicy, herbal & deep then this is an absolute must-try.

rebella
rebella

A very pretty and easy amber fragrance. On me it has almost gourmand qualities. Very smoth, pleasant and just a little sweet and creamy. Absolutly a must try if you like creamy tonka, vanilla ambery perfumes. The flowers and the patchouli is there but only in a lingering and very nice way. Worth trying even if you normally don´t like roses or patchouli. This is supposed to be an unisex, but I find it more feminine. So I really like this, but find a tiny bit to weak, the two drops on my wrists I usually put on when I try a perfume, isn´t really enough. Good stayingpower tough and I really love the concept Histoire de Parfums have.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.