Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Blanc Violette Histoires de Parfums for women

Blanc Violette Histoires de Parfums for women
dislike

From Parma or Toulouse, the violet flower is delicate and powdery scented. This perfume opens with violet, bergamot and iris. The heart notes are: violet, ylang-ylang and anis. The base consists of violet, sandalwood, vanilla, musk and rice powder.

It is available as 120 ml EDP. Blanc Violette was launched during the 2000's.

iris Bergamot Violet

Ylang-Ylang Anise Violet

Musk Sandalwood Vanille Rice Powdery Notes Violet

Violettes de Toulouse Eau de Toilette

Blanc Violette Fragrance Reviews

megrim
megrim

I get a strange, half-sinister-half-whimsical vibe from this. Gentle violets with cool, sparkling iris, delicate powder, and dashes of contrasting cold steel and musk.

The opening is cool, crystalline, violets and powder. A dash of bitter citrus gives the opening minutes a fizzy blush. Fairly linear, Blanc Violette grows a little more metallic and wooden as time passes. The playful violet eases onto a bed of icy powder and a wonderful musk, walking the fine line between clean and dirty, adds a brilliant human element in an otherwise quite otherworldly fragrance.

Projection is not as soft as I expected. On the lower end of moderate. Longevity is also better than I anticipated.

The scent of fae things, tiny flowers and mischief. Enjoy on cold spring mornings with wind-whipped hair and a strong, black, coffee.

dsty
dsty

I don't know which note I love more in scents, violet or powder, so it's no surprise that Blanc Violette is a hit with me. I liked it from the first time I tried it, and it's one of those scents that get better and better the more you wear them - it might not smell spectacular or even very special at first, but it's extremely good at what it does and it works wonderfully well on my skin: it only takes a minute to feel like this scent is my own instead of one I just sprayed on. If I was still that kind of perfume-wearer, I could easily imagine it as a signature for early spring, that period where the flowers are abundant but the weather's still cold.
Others have mentioned that they don't get much violet in Blanc Violette, but they must be unlucky. To me, this is very much focused on the violets, and they're the sweet, almost candied but not sugary kind that I love. Lovely! The other notes, notably the powder, the rice and the musk help to restrain the sweetness and make this a very well balanced kind of scent - at least for the opening and the heart, this is like Insolence's more refined older sister - or Insolence wearing a lot of vintage make-up and a fur coat to go out dancing. In the end the violets do fade, but that takes a good couple of hours, and what's left is a pretty nice musk, the kind that even I find pleasant, and I'm not crazy about that note.

Mos' Beth
Mos' Beth

This smells very much like Balenciaga Paris. Lighter and drier and shorter-lived, but quite similar.

LisaMari
LisaMari

I decided to give this one another chance, using it more heavily so I can really appreciate it and giving it time to develop. I like it now, its a welcome change from my usual musky/sweet scents. Its a fresh and powdery floral but still light, youthful and feminine.. its like an intelligent feminine rather than fluffy or sexy. I can smell dried wild flowers and it reminds me a little of Iris Prima but without the warmth and the leather. Its pleasant.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens quite balmy, with soft leather and rice notes and violets. Then, something sweet and floral, the ylang. Anise adds a strange sweet and spicy note. The anise and leather/rice notes are the strongest now and violets give a bit of softness. The anise gets softer now. The drydown is soft violets and hints of ylang on a bed of soft leathers and rice powder, spiced up by a bit of anise and musk.

Sillage is soft, longevity moderate.

I have to admit I like this scent, it smells of soft leather on my skin while most leather scents don't smell of leather at all on me. The anise makes it interesting, it is almost stronger than the violets at one point. I like everything about it, except for the sillage, which sucks. It's a skin scent on me, and I wish it was stronger.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

So some background information: there have been several threads on violet scents lately but Blanc Violette has rarely been mentioned, and I think I understand why.

This is a violet scent that's highly bleached. Blanc Violette enhances the powdery aspect of the violet flower and washes out the floral by adding rice powder and iris. It starts off gently with a trace of bergamot (definitely very little compared to Shalimar Initial) and dries down to a sweet, almost coconut-y powder scent supported by ylang-ylang and anise. I actually like how the airy sweetness plays out here as gives Blanc Violette a sense of "wetness". The violet here is very pale and indistinguishable, and sometimes it's so light I confuse it with iris. It eventually dries down to a musky powderiness with quite a bit of vanilla after 3 hours to become a skin scent, and dies off after 6 hours of wearing.

While Blanc Violette isn't about resurrecting the violet flower it is nice, soft, and puffy. Unfortunately as the violet note becomes popular again so are many creatives ideas that outshine the composition of this fragrance, which explains all the likes, but not loves for Blanc Violette here.

For powdery scent lovers probably eventually a pass, but I would suggest giving this a try before you move on :)

mutmiu
mutmiu

I had high hopes for this perfume - the name, the notes, and the reviews were promising to me, since I love soft powdery fragrances. But Blanc Violette is a huge disappointment. The opening is somewhat like a men's cologne with bergamot and iris, then the anise kicks in, and rules the heart of the fragrance with the violet. Then some blurry creamy notes come forward, but despite the sweetish drydown the whole composition is rather unpleasant and masculine to my nose. Fortunately it was just a sample, not a blind buy.

Musume
Musume

I'm having bad luck with violets lately, I don't know if the samples are wrong/off/rancid or what, but I'm not enjoying the last violets perfumes I've tried:( Blanc Violette is lovely, soft, creamy and very retro, the problem is that it is not violet, not to me. Ok, good for my bank account.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

l'instant magic, minus the almond.... nice, but l'instant magic is better

Dinkum
Dinkum

I´m a sucker for violet scents. So when I read about this perfume, supposed to have violet in top, middle AND base notes, I knew I had to have it.

But the violets.......... they simple ARE NOT THERE! Neither blanc, bleue or any other colour.

Not for me, that is. I am envious of you who are able to smell them. For me, this is just powder. Nice smelling powder, I´ll grant you that, but nothing more than powder. And, I might add, I have really given this scent MANY wearings. Thought that given time, it would "click" for me, and I would smell some lovely violets. But alas, no. Huge disappointment.

miss mills
miss mills

Softly violet with definite powdery rice notes - I can almost smell iris, I swear! This smells feminine and gentle, and has the Guerlain note (what IS that note?!) that gives it the classy glue that pulls it altogether, making this stand out from the other sweet powdery violets to me. Not something I would personally buy a FB of but oh so beautiful. Edit; I am a wally, have just seen that iris is listed. I reckon iris is fairly heavily in the brew here.

Dominic80
Dominic80

I am shocked by some of these reviews, here!
Oh, wish i was getting all those phenomenal powdery, and, so "extra powdery violettes", with a touch of ylang ylang, and, then, even more than a touch of sweet vanilla, almost to make them as syrupy as the fabulous underrated, Violettes de Toulouse (but here we are again: usual snob's! And, who knows why, that is, an old fashioned, and, powdery, intense, really lovely fragrance should just be 'perceived' just as dated and laughable, while only "Oh so fresh, oh so light fragrances" should all be -shabby- hip? Never got that! But, anyways,i'm actually arguing with a wall, now, so let me go back!), those Toulouse violettes, ah.. those yes are indeed.. an experience!
So, at some point, i was even thinking that may be i got (and it would make my first time ever!!) one of those 'knock off imitation bottles'! But, then, again, i looked back, and, you see.. i bought it (and ouch.. spending a damn fortune!!) from Lucky Scents who is always so reliable, and so kindly affectionate to me! Looking again, and, very carefully, this time, at the big bottle, i ended up with the conclusion thst i must have got the right one, i mean, there's no way that this precious, refined, numbered bottle could be some 'mickey mouse' made in Thailand, or something..
Yet.. OMG!!
..Again, wish i'd get any powder, at least, give me some or any talc perfumed of violet.. but, nothing.. just nothing, at all!
It's a plain shabby, boring juice, and, almost disgusting!
I just cannot smell almost any of all the fabolous notes, listed, and that convinced me to spend so much, instead, for such a... master disappointment! And, i am obviously a huge collector, so do please, believe me, i (almost) always find something to enjoy myself with, or.. to get my senses aroused by.. And, by this, oh man, i just cannot get anything at all.. just the same first sensation, i was almost stunned, when i sniffed it! Yes, i did buy as a blind buy, but since, the recommendations, the virtual resonance of the brand, and, again, the notes listed (i was simply delighted to see listed violet on top, at the heart, and, even at the base!!!) who were just making me wait for this so impatiently! And, instead, a disaster! I just had reasonably huge, and, again, huge expectations, but, i couldn't even get an headache from this.. nothing!
It smells immediately like rice, and rice powder, and, frankly not merely even close to one of those i am used to!! And, then i got.. a bit of butter.. But, not even like an intense Orris root type of buttery, creamy smell! Oh no! Nothing like it! Basically, rice and butter, which is what i was given as a child when with an indigestion or upset tummy!
Truly, i am not kidding now, nor wanting to troll, at all, i am a lover of all scents, and the more complex.. the better.. but here.. I just got a cheap, creamy, watered down smell of rice powder, and some chemical butter, and, with no sillage, and, no virtual dry down (thank God, perhaps?), while i was expecting -Oh my God!- this unique masterpiece, this homage of refined and intellectual noble intention to the violet! And, in my mind, was excpecting almost like a rain of "violet diamond" powder ..slowly intoxicating my senses, in a rainy,yet cozy and passionate day .. or night, for the matter! And, we are even getting close to Christmas, so you could only imagine!
So, what's up! I am pretty sure, it cannot just be me!
I love all cyphre, powdery,even plain talc alike, or strongly creamy scents, and, gourmands, but this is not one, and, you think i worship Lorenzo Villoresi's Teint de Neige, Tom Ford's Blonde Violet, and, Dark Violet, as well, and, I love sweet powdery fragrances as well (not to wear of course, i love to sniff them, to make them wear to the ladies i love or like, and, to spray them abundantly on my linen's, ect.), so i often provoke or play or love with such incredible fragrances (for a dude) such as Luten's Louve, Mazzolari Alessandro (my very ultimate signature fragrance, and a true heaven of heliotrope, frangipani, and, more, and even more powder,and, this one i actually wear too!) or think even sweeter, and, in fact i have a cult for Keiko Mecheri's Loukroum, and, Montale's Powder Flowers which all just make me melt.. and, so do others, like Talc Gourmand, Vero Talco, Heliotrope from Etro, Datura Blanc, or even just Chanel 5, or 19 poudre.
So, why, i am just getting with this one, only an almost slightly fastidious smell of butter on an empty stomach? And, from such an excessively priced fragrance! A scent that should be reminding me of dreamy encounters, and, sensual intimacy, and, first and foremost, of.. Violet?? Where are the violettes, here? I don't have them!
And i assure you, this bottle is certified, and legit!
So, while, still grumpy as rarely I have ever even been before, i just ran to smell my adored Violet from Borsari, simple, and, fantastic, and, then, my favorite one, and the much cheaper (let me tell you!) Christian Calypso's Violet, that is a masterpiece! Truly, especially next to such delirious insipid mistake! Celle's Violet is a marvellous and very powdery, intense, and, candied violet!
This one? NO!!! Rice and butter, maybe? Sorry, i am just truly reporting my feelings, and, my knowledge and appreciation for any great scent, which has grown more sophisticated, but never snob, throughout the years!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sugared violets, but not overwhelmingly syrupy. This composition strikes a good balance between sweet and powdery with neither character winning over the other. Has a good muskiness to it that adds depth without ruining the mix by being too strong. Lasts well for a light violet scent. Great for office wear -- it'll last the whole day and not be too strong. Reminds me of lace and other beautiful, delicate, finely wrought things.

antfarm
antfarm

Blanc Violette makes me think of delicate white violets crushed into a fine face powder applied with a big luxurious puff. It is very prim, pretty, well-behaved, and refined.

I'd say Blanc Violette is the younger sibling of Bas de Soie by Serge Lutens--these two smell very similar, but Blanc Violette is lighter in spirit and in sillage.

Cereza
Cereza

A marvelous soft violet with even more amazing back ground. I love violets, so no doubt I enjoy this, but the other notes are what's special in this - rice and sandalwood makes this almost gourmand and nut like on me, vanilla gives a perfect creaminess and helps this to not turn to a powdery mess.
I really enjoy this, it's very feminine and beautiful, not loud, a perfect scent for a shy lady in the spring time.

This could be another love story for me, but unfortunately I am not the shy lady this is made for, the silage is too weak and it also stays on me for 3 hours which is a pity given the price tag.

Marsipanprinsessa
Marsipanprinsessa

THE most beautiful and truest violette-scent - I can almost hear angels singing...Fresh, fluffy and transparant violets.. Rather discret and close to skin. Not sweet or cloying, just amazingly fresh!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I love violet scents and this one goes on the " i love" list for sure. it's delicate violet flowers in a bottle deepened by musk and sandalwood and a tiny bit of bergamot to perk it up just a teeny notch. For those like me who find it hard to get a bottle of Apres L'Ondee or who don't appreciate the new formulation of it, this might be a happy alternative, although they do not smell completely alike (which might seem puzzling since they are both predominantly violet flower scents with similar notes). This is a softly sweet, gentle and delicate scent for someone who wants a refined moment to herself. Beware of the prices though, this does not come cheap. I would bite the bullet and get a full bottle as my favourite violet scents are notorious for either disappearing or being reformulated.

silfra
silfra

Bright violet candy!

iritkaiaa120
iritkaiaa120

It is a clean delicate smell. Not very unique and with very low staying power. I have sprayed it on my arm and my husband was not able to smell it at all 10 minutes later. I can smell it by burring my nose in my arm. Very close to skin.

aschiffm
aschiffm

I like it... But it reminds me of a lot of other fresh violet scents. It's fresh and dewy. I like it more during the drydown when it becomes thicker and all the dewiness has left, you really start to get the rice powder accord which makes it more unique. I would wear this on spring mornings.

pansylady
pansylady

This is a deceptively delicate violet with surprising staying power- I've applied less than 1/4 of a ml, and it has stayed with me all day long-

My immediate impression was that it is a fragrance that would fit for one's very first or very last fragrance- It would be a perfect first "real perfume" gift for a young girl- but I could just as easily imagine it to be the last scent worn by a Victorian octogenarian- there's something a bit metaphysical about it-

Old-fashioned, yet not wispy- it has a hint of the animal about it via prominent musk notes, which keep it from drifting off into floral evanescence-

Blanc Violette makes good on the transcendent promise of violet bliss that Apres L'Ondee failed to deliver for me-

Aesthetically related to BVLGARI POUR FEMME, Histoires de Parfums BLANC VIOLETTE ups the violet ante, boasting a triple dose of one of my favorite floral notes. Yes, violets, violets, and more violets are found in the top notes, the heart, and the base notes of this scrumptious composition (according to the house's literature...) This means, of course, that I, a certified violet 'ho', cannot really claim to offer anything even approaching an objective review of this perfume. It's beautiful, it's splendid, and I love it!

In a side-by-side comparison with BVLGARI POUR FEMME, I confirmed my initial sense that the compositions are similar. Basically, if you replaced the rose and other non-iris, non-violet notes with violet, then you'd have a gorgeous perfume closely related to BLANC VIOLETTE. The main distinction I see is that rice and musk notes substitute for the benzoin of the Bvlgari, but the overall effect is very similar. Very beautiful, very glamorous, very appealing. The longevity and sillage of this creation are both excellent, and I'd love to have a bottle of this!

Postscript: I have zero idea why “professional perfume reviewer,” as TS refers to herself in The Holey[sic] Book (believe it or not, in her review of Ellie parfum) labels this beauty “harsh violet”. Aucune idée. Keine Ahnung. Ninguna idea. Another great example of why to me it's really “The Antiguide”...

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Let me start by saying, I don't like violets, the flowers smell fine in the ground but I don't like them on the skin. Blanc Violette sniffs sweet and gentle from the bottle. Put some on your skin and the gentle little violet roars out with an eye-popping, super bright, clean and screechy wallop! Then little violet stops screaming and decides to take a breather, lounging on a woody chaise lounge in the hot summer sun while sipping a little lemony refresher. Blanc Violette mellows into a soft powdery puff exhausted and spent.

Carla
Carla

Roses are red, violets are blue as the saying goes. Not in this case. In Blanc Violette, the focal point is all about dainty and delicate white violet. If I had to choose one word to describe this delicious fragrance, the word would be sumptuous. The fineness of the velvety white violet is felt from beginning to end. Yes, there are other notes in here, iris, bergomot and ylang-ylang, but because of the prominent scent of the violet they're hidden in the mix. The violet, known for it's fragrant yet powdery quality, is escalated in the dry down with the addition of the rice powder. A skosh of vanilla with musk and sandalwood keeps the bottom notes enticing and warm. This fragrance is especially worth wearing for a short outing. It lacks longevity making re-application necessary every 2 hours. Despite that one particular drawback, it's worth sporting when the occasion calls for an understated feminine floral scent.

The scent of this perfume reminds me of the scent of the retro confection of the 1930's, Chowards Violet scented gum and or mints. Now here's a chance to have your breath as fresh as the fragrance your wearing. Take it to the limit!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums Blanc Violette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums Blanc Violette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blanc Violette by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blanc Violette by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.