Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse Histoires de Parfums for women
dislike

leather
tuberose
Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse Histoires de Parfums for women Pictures Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse Histoires de Parfums for women Pictures Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse Histoires de Parfums for women Pictures

An Ode to Tuberose was presented with a new collection by the house of Histoires de Parfums, which includes three fragrances with key ingredient – tuberose flower. The fragrances were created to tingle your imagination with an oriental-gourmand-powdery composition of the first fragrance of the collection - Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse, romantic-oriental-fruity notes of Tubereuse 2 Virginale and animalistic-floral-leather composition refreshed with top notes of citrusy nuances Tubereuse 3 Animale.

Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse opens with fresh, citrusy scents of mandarin and bergamot spiced with saffron. A heart hides thick, sexy, floral notes of iris, ylang-ylang and tuberose melting in sophisticated passions of cocoa, while a base incorporates white musk and suede.

All three fragrances are available as 120 EDP, as well as in a travel set which includes all three fragrances in amount of 13.5 ml each. Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse was launched in 2010.

Saffron Bergamot Tuberose

iris Ylang-Ylang Tuberose

Suede Tuberose Cacao

Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse Fragrance Reviews

abbyofthevalley
abbyofthevalley

Oh wow, what an interesting fragrance! Very very dry, dusty suede and powdery iris. There's more to it though, something obscure, or perhaps it's just the result of the tuberose and suede combination. The opening is a powerful blast of suede and a chemical/medicinal, almost mothball-like smell, but oddly enough I quite like it. The intense moth-balls and suede soon fade into a powdery iris, coming through large and incharge.

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

This was a scrubber for me. I smelled plastic children's toys, artificial grape-flavoured medicine, and hospitals.

I couldn't detect bergamot or ylang ylang, which I would usually like. I don't know why, but this perfume just smelled dreadful to me.

houstcs
houstcs

Anyone can list the evolution of notes, they are listed above, I would like to say what this smells like. Chewbacca wearing his mothers expensive lipstick.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Tubereuse Capricieuse opens with lots of dry suede leather notes, quite a lot of saffron and a bit of bergamot to freshen it all up. Soon tuberose joins the party, it is sweet like candy but never gets sultry due to the dryness of the leather notes. The tuberose gets stronger and pushes the leather to the background, but never gets really loud. The drydown is sweeter than the middle part of the scent, but the leather notes are still there. It stays quite close to the skin.

Sillage is soft to moderate, longevity is moderate on my skin.

Interesting leather, but bone dry, leading to a strange contrast with the tuberose that has a candy-like feel to it. I don't get any distinct cocoa, ylang or iris, these are all supportive notes. I don't get a distinct rubber note, but I do smell something industrial in there.

After testing this one once, I'm not quite sure what to think of this scent, for now I like it enough to keep me busy with using the tester vial more often.

Rooty, woody iris with sweet candy tuberose perfume over the top. Odd mix, and doesn't really gibe. There is no real harmony between the notes. There are definitely better tuberoses out there.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Not pleasant for me. Strong leather. Like I am in shoe factory - painted leather smell everywhere.
Very synthetic, industrial.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Really funky perfume. For the first half hour, all kinds of things came to mind--the cherry cough medicine I hated as a child, thick layers of dust on top of a book in an ancient monastery, plastic dolls from the 60's, crayons in their box, used suede shoes, and a wet dog. Not what I would call pleasant. Except for maybe the plastic dolls. For some inexplicable reason I like that smell a little bit.

During the heart phase, while all of the above notes faded, I smelled what I can only describe as rodent urine mixed with cherry syrup. I surmise it's tuberose. Not as bad as it sounds, surprisingly.

The base is the most tolerable. Musky suede, a little sweet, still with that whisper of cherry syrup.

This perfume was so animalic that I seriously wonder what Tubereuse Animale smells like? I'm not sure I want to find out.

Interesting perfume, to say the least. A little too interesting....

hisuinomadoromi
hisuinomadoromi

Lady in purple dress takes up the old book.

Book cover of the Suede, illustrated erotic, sexual stories.

The smell of dust,the Dim lamp light.

Her sweaty hands wrapped leather gloves .

Forbidden Olympia for ladies , tuberose fence. Citrus is a hidden...

It's a strange fragrance with a secret.

Lana148
Lana148

This is powdery leather fragrance, it smells like suede to be exact.

Anyone who is looking for a bright tuberose fragrance, will not like this. There is a tiny hint of a white floral in this scent, but I smell more iris then tuberose.

I love leather fragrance, can't tolerate white floral and this is perfect for me. I like it very much!

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

Dusty and rubbery tuberose with a hint of powdery iris.

Someone here said it smells like a balloon, I absolutely agree with that opinion and that makes it somehow interesting, but not enough for me to buy it.

You can tell that nose behind this fragrance avoided making tuberose scent as old-ladish and romantic and wanted to make something modern and urban, but in my opinion the final creation didn't bring anything special and new, just the avoidance of usual, known tuberose scent and that is not enough to be good.

Take it with 2 aspirins.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Almondy, salty tuberouse, with burned rubber. Beautiful saffron that makes out with ylang ylang. Reminds me of tropical nights with suntanning-lotion. Will try it this weekend on the beach :)

emily7
emily7

Aggressive leather opening quickly turns into most pleasant suede-iris-tuberose combo I could ever imagine - thick leather petals tuberose, oh my!
As every other HdP creation, this one is also very evocative; the smell of a high-end cosmetics and leather goods, but not classic, rather contemporary-smelling and effortless.
Drydown appears rather quickly (low to medium lasting power I'm afraid) in a candy-like form (similar to Cacharel Eden) which is sorounding this already very pleasant leathery feeling.
Very, very nice.

spidola
spidola

It’s rather strange, but Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse is soft iris/leather scent. My hypothesis about the meaning of the name is, that maybe the Lady Tuberose was so capricious that she did not present... I don’t smell any hint of this wonderful note… (By the same ground for example Une Rose FM could be called Une Geranium - yes, the note is there, but well hidden).
Besides the name, Tubereuse 1 reminds me L’AP Skin on Skin - the same leather+iris+saffron combination, however these two fumes are different…Personally I prefer Skin on Skin for its exquisite juiciness reached I guess by using rose, musk and whiskey. The Tubereuse 1 is drier and more herbal. The cacao is bitter and dusty.
It’s a pleasant scent and goes to my “like” shelf (not to the “love” unfortunately).

Eneli
Eneli

Woah - I'm an old librarian smelling cat pee! But the weard part is that I kind of like it. It's not everyday pink and flowery perfume and that's what I have came to relish after the years. I like to be suprised and that perfume suprised me. Thank you for shaking my grounds Histoires de Parfums!

Today I am having a completely different experience from the last time when I reviewed this perfume. In fact, I now question the identity of the perfume in my previous sample vial! The Tubéreuse 1 (Capricieuse) on my skin right now came straight from the source: Histoires de Parfum, and it opens all powdery and slightly sweet and not at all green! As the scent dries down, I do begin to notice the "balloon" aspect highlighted by other reviewers.

Nonetheless, this is my favorite from the trio, and I am happy that I got my nose on an authentic sample, since if I decide to purchase one of these three perfumes (and I might...), Capricieuse will be it. The style is similar to Le Labo Poudre d'Orient (from the limited edition Anthropologie series), except that instead of violet here we have lots of tuberose. This is a really well-composed perfume with lots of natural essences and a welcome return to niceness chez Histoires de Parfums after what I found to be the disastrous Veni, Vidi, Vici trio.

chorando
chorando

Opens with a blast of medicinal bandaid and dusty iris with a rubber note. Interesting pungency that gives way to a very acrid green tuberose. There is very little warmth here in the beginning but as it transitions to the heart there is the softness of saffron and ylang ylang. I love this transition from something austere and a little screechy to something softer and yielding. The iris note is present throughout but with a changing backdrop. I don't really get any cacao unless the dryness and lack of sweetness I get is from the cacao which could also be part of the suede accord.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Oh, so suede is what that horrible opening was supposed to smell like. Honestly I don't get this stuff at all. The first hour was this acrid, greenish stuff which gave way to a kind of minty Fracas that lasted about half an hour and then faded away entirely. Four hours after applying, I get only the faintest whiff of Fracas if I put my nose to it.
Not a fan.

finanna
finanna

This opens with a blast of fake leather (or the balloon powder as described by others) and transforms to pleasant, (but not tubereuse-heavy) suede floral. The overall impression to me was baby Bandit, so this might be a good option for those who admire Bandit but are not able to pull it off (i.e. me:)).

The opening is very potent, but otherwise it stayed pretty close to my skin. I could not detect anything after 3-4h. I had a 2ml sample and will not buy a bottle due to disappointing longevity.

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

As in Tubereuse 3, this also has notes of tuberose in the top notes, middle and bottom of the perfume.

At the opening, the scent of tuberose is the first thing you feel in a few minutes she interacts with the saffron, so getting a nuance earthy and dry, dusty, tuberose is still present, but the tone is more dry and dusty course. My skin appears or bergamot.

after about 45 minutes, tuberose is most evident again in a most delicate white floral, slightly more feminine, and accompanied by a sweet light, after more than about 15 minutes start to get a vibe metallized, but still floral. Soon he begins to evolve again, appearing in perfume notes appearing on suede half shy, and cocoa, makes the vibe dusty gain strength again, but this time tuberose and suede is staying in the foreground.

In general a good perfume, more versatile than Tubereuse 3 Animale in my opinion, very good projection and fixing too. But what pleased me most Tubereuse 3.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The leather note is excellent but it overrides the tuberose and is too strong for the rest of the composition. I was surprised as all the others from this line have been so well blended, but the suede is just too much for the florals in this.

antfarm
antfarm

This is completely unforgettable, as never in my life have I ever smelled something in liquid form that smelled exactly like a balloon. I could even smell the rubber and the powdery stuff they put in bags of balloons to prevent them from sticking together. If you want to smell like a balloon, get this perfume. It's definitely different and fun to try.

Cereza
Cereza

I sometimes forget how much I love suede in perfumes, bet "Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse" has reminded me of that with no doubt.
Do not search for tuberose bomb here, it is all about smooth suede, the opening is sensually sweet with a tropical and sweet tuberose playing the lead role together with a one of the best suede i've tried and iris is giving a masterful powderyness and elegance in the background. I also get cacao making the opening/heart almost gourmand for me.

Dry down is perfect, extremely feminine suede with hints of powdery flowers. Very feminine, very lovable and a must for a full bottle.

Hell, this is so good that I would buy this even for a double price tag.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Ahh not my cup of tea. I don't really know how to describe this other than saying its a stinker. I personally go either way with the tuberose note but not happy in this one- the bright citrus top notes were too masculine and the suede being so strong alongside the strength of the tuberose was off putting . And where's the cacao??

My love is rather the 3rd edition of Histoires' trilogy- Tubereuse Animale! Just my preference, the tuberose is more pleasant warm and earthy with a touch of the devil in tobacco smoke .

Histoires de parfums TUBEREUSE 1 seems to me like a greenish tuberose perfume. A strong, declarative, green tuberose very different from the lofty sweet voluptuous whiteness of FRACAS. TUBEREUSE 1 reminds me a bit of Annick Goutal PASSION (the herbal tuberose) but here rather than a tomato-leaf herbal quality, what I find is more like the stems and leaves and roots of the tuberose, similar to TEA ROSE except using tuberose instead of rose. This composition seems a bit sharp to me, and I think that I prefer tuberose creamy rather than green. On to #2...

From the notes, I gather that my perception of greenishness is an olfactory illusion caused by...suede, saffron, cocoa, iris? Say what?

---------------------------
update: I now believe that this review was based on a decanting error...

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

From the first whiff, this is an interesting and unique scent. It starts out extremely dry, with an acrid, slightly metallic, dusty note combined with a fleeting glimpse of a non-sweet strawberry and something indolic, almost civet-like. After a short time the iris comes through along with the saffron and suede, an overlapping, perfectly harmonized trio of notes. The tuberose is there, too, making for a beautifully balanced composition that I would call more crisp and dry than powdery, at least until late in the drydown when it does take on a slightly powdery vanilla musk feel.

The sillage is moderate, and the scent lasts for at least 24 hours on both skin and clothing. I really like the fact that the floral notes are there, but not at all sweet. This is indeed a gorgeous, if offbeat scent.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

This is such a gorgeous leather-iris scent...I m totally smitten.. not too much tuberose which is good for me! I m already a big fan of Histoires de Parfums.. this one is my favorite of the line along with 1725, stunning long lasting suede iris!

This is a strong white floral with dusty, herbal notes underneath that somehow really do combine to smell like fresh, lush tuberose and sueded leather.The suede note never takes over, staying well in the background to the flower. A very interesting scent and well done.

Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse by Histoires de Parfums 3.63 out of 5 based on 132 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.