Designers » F-H » Aromatic « Groups

dislike

ozonic
herbal
Vidi Histoires de Parfums for women and men Pictures

Histoires de Parfums introduces three new fragrances in October 2012 as a part of the collection Editions Rare: Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Vidi represents the wind and the smell of ozone. Top notes: cardamom, cucumber and ozonic notes. Heart: rose, cyclamen and saffron. Base: immortelle, musk, amber, vanilla and blonde woods.

Available as Absolu Eau de Parfum.

Cucumber Cardamom

Rose Cyclamen Saffron

Immortelle Musk Ambergris Vanilla Woody Notes

Vidi Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Vidi opens with an explosion of Iso E Super, ambroxan and most probably another couple of prominent aromachemicals (cashmeran, something airy-minty, something rubber on the base, and a slight iodine-salty note). Pretty much it, a bunch of ingredients used "naked and raw" as they are. Some salty, minty, woody and ambery nuance float around, all completely artificial, as pleasant as any supermarket scent can be (mostly because of being made with the same ingredients, and the same zero degree of elaboration). It tastes of cheap designer. Not stinky but to me, completely useless.

4,5-5/10

CLevol
CLevol

Although I love heavy scents, i love this scent.
I think this is a wonderfully carefree summer scent!
Maybe it is synthetic but thank god fortunilaty it is not laden with Yasmin like a lot of summer scents.
It is fresh free and........eh, 1 hour later it smells a bit like cleaningsoap but that is lukely a short time

Unfortunately, Histoires de Parfums Vidi opens with aquatic/ozonic notes and big blaring iso-E-super and then dries down to ambroxan. Basically everything which I would love in the composition--the saffron, the cardamom, the rose...--is completely clobbered by aromachemicals. Some people appear to find similarities between Vidi and Tocca Brigitte. I do not.

The problem of aromachemical overkill reminds me of a similar problem with artificially flavored tea (which I avoid): the synthetic parts tend to be disproportionately potent and have impressive tenacity, much better than that of the natural components. The end result is unbalanced and inharmonious. Désolée.

I came, I sniffed, I scrubbed.

my2spritz
my2spritz

This is in the same family with Kenneth Cole Reaction, Paris Hilton for Men, Ralph Lauren Polo Blue. It even smells cheap like those scents. Heavy laundry musk and alcohol. My first scrubber from this house. I still love HdP tho!

AveParfum
AveParfum

I was so disappointed by this fragrance! There was way too much ambroxan and Iso E Super, creating the illusion of an amber-musky-sweet base. But it smells so fake, and the abstract base drowned out all of those other gorgeous notes to where I couldn't enjoy the perfume much. It bothers me how frequently niche perfumers depend on those compounds to create the base upon which all the other notes are built because when too much is used it's so painfully obvious. Vidi smelled like a plastic cucumber with a heavy hand of saffron. Cardamom is truly just an opening note and fades rather quickly. It's an interesting concept--the coolness of cucumber contrasting with warm spices. I would have loved this if it wasn't for the ambroxan/Iso base.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Light, airy, spicy and very refreshing. Definitely unisex. Simply amazing good feel optimistic scent. Will review properly later after I have worn it several times.

Update:

I have worn my sample a few times now and have somewhat gone of it. I think it is the combination of cucumber, saffron and cardammon which makes it an interesting scent but at the same time makes me feel a bit queasy. The longevity or projection aren't great and it is a very expensive scent.
Whilst originally I thought I would want to buy a full bottle, now I am pretty certain I shan't bother.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Histoires de Parfums Vidi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Histoires de Parfums Vidi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vidi by Histoires de Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vidi by Histoires de Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Histoires de Parfums Veni Histoires de Parfums Vici Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114 Serge Lutens Chergui Tauer Perfumes PHI Une Rose de Kandahar Histoires de Parfums 1889 Moulin Rouge Histoires de Parfums 1969 Parfum de Revolte Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Diptyque Philosykos Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver Frederic Malle Iris Poudre Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Histoires de Parfums L'Olympia Music Hall Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade Serge Lutens Arabie Amouage Journey Man Olfactive Studio Chambre Noire Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Orchidee Vanille Histoires de Parfums 1828