Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Malaia Hollister for women

Malaia Hollister for women
dislike

Malaia Hollister for women Pictures Malaia Hollister for women Pictures

Malaia is the natural beauty of a sundrenched Hollister girl. The essence of crisp water, sheer florals, and soft woody tones. The allure of the ocean and the California sun. It comes in 30ml (1.0oz) and 60ml (2.0oz) bottles.

Clinique Happy To Be

sharon.ceskowski

I have a 1 oz bottle for swaps if anyone wants to trade

arenee92
arenee92

It is NOT discontinued! It can be purchased on the website or in store! :)

Malaia is hard to describe. It's fresh, it's light, there's an "earthy" feel to it...makes me picture a chilly morning sitting on a beach in California, wrapped up in a cozy cardigan. The salty air blowing on my skin, through my hair, the sand between my toes. It's slightly sweet, but not in a Fantasy or Pink Sugar way. Malaia has a cool, beachy vibe. She's that girl every guy loves, she's laid back, sexy, slightly mysterious.

I've used this since high school, and although I don't always have a bottle, it's a fragrance I go back to time and time again. It doesn't last long at all, but that just gives me an excuse to keep spraying it! To make it last longer, I spray my hair and my clothes, as well as my skin.

From Hollister's website - basil, lavender, vanilla bean, crisp water, sheer florals, soft woody tones.

dpepe6990
dpepe6990

This is one of my favorite perfumes. I ran out and need to purchase another. I didn't realize they discontinued it. Hopefully there may be a bottle left somewhere. It does smell beachy and breezy but also not too much. It's quite different and original and have received compliments by men, women and children saying I smell so nice and fresh. It's an original and not like many others. I don't think it smells like Cliniques Happy To Be but I guess they could be in the same category of notes.

BillieNicole
BillieNicole

I like this fragrance. On me it comes off as musk, some vanilla, light woody notes and a bit of fruit, basic but nice and beachy. The bottle, too is cute, like an old-fashioned flask.
However, this perfume does not last long at all (at the most about 3 hours on me), and because of that I will not buy it because it is very expensive for what it is. A bit of context might be useful here. In the UK Hollister is very expensive, even moreso than the US. In fact, the prices in the UK are a direct dollar to pound swap, resulting in very high prices as a pound is worth more than a dollar . This quite weak perfume costs £40 in the UK!

lyssasee
lyssasee

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume !! but as others have said, unfortunately it doesnt last long. i was given a used small bottle of this from a friend who didnt care for it as much as i did, needless to say i finished it rather quickly. to my disappointment, i found that it was discontinued D: WHY did they have to do that ?!

basgam
basgam

Just love it! I wouldn't dare comparing it to any proper perfumes, but definitely a tremendously pleasant fragrance. Smells of summer, warm breeze, youth, fun and.. America! And recently I discovered that Pur Blanca by Avon is very similar (much cheaper though..)

ayeraebae
ayeraebae

I do like it but it doesn't last very long. Very musky and woody. I was pretty upset when I didn't see it in the stores anymore.

evibec
evibec

Awesome smelling perfume!!!! Def my FAVORITE except it doesnt last long at all:( if only there was a better version but I think its discontinued now

misstierra05
misstierra05

I wore this til the last drop literally, I loved the fresh and sexy smell of it. I think I may get this once I get to the last drop of my Issey....maybe just maybe. I had it back in 07.

Aspendina
Aspendina

wow this is nice, much nicer than that nasty Ryder I had. This is a wonderful summer scent, smells like salty sea air in a lovely way. Love this. Projection is not great but stays on the skin pretty long

thedesigner
thedesigner

A friend bought this for me back in summer '08, which was my last summer before "turning into an adult" (My 18th birthday was the following september)

I ran out and never bought more, eventually forgetting about it completely. A few weeks ago I just happened to be in Hollister and decided to buy another bottle. Upon the first spray, it REALLY brought back memories and made me feel super nostalgic. For that reason, it's my new favorite :)

The perfume itself smells lovely. Strong enough to be noticed, but not overpowering. The PERFECT blend of sweet and sexy. Lasts long, and I swear it smells better as the day goes on!

perfumeee
perfumeee

It smells like sun tan lotion which has gone bad:( It is very fresh, a little bit plasticky and sour maybe? I cannot detect any fruit in it. It reminds me of the beach though. Just not for me

Laurasz
Laurasz

It sooo reminds me of Clinique a happy to be. Maybe a bit more woody. Good memories :-)

Kristine1005
Kristine1005

Reminds me of the smell of the beach. Very nice.

qkatie
qkatie

Ah, the memories. This was my signature scent for over two years and the perfume I keep coming back to when I don't know what to wear. Probably my ALL-TIME favorite scent to be honest.

When I think of Malaia, I think: sparkling, fresh, fruity, young, clean...and it just works so well with my body chemistry! :)

At first spritz, it starts off as a beachy, sparkling floral. The heart smells like fresh melons with watery florals mixed in. The base is still fresh and fruity but takes on a subtle woodsy note. The fragrance is just extremely well rounded and blended. :) I can wear Malaia at school, on a date, or of course at the beach which is what it reminds me of. It's the perfect scent to transition from winter to spring or even spring to summer.

This was my first signature scent and I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend it! It's quite popular amongst my friends who have smelled it and I've gotten compliments on how I "always smell good". Well done, Hollister. Who knew a clothing store could be so talented with perfume? ♥

mirisaba
mirisaba

Layered this with Kenzo Amour Le Parfum and it smelled so good.

I was at the store trying the Kenzo perfume- spraying it in my hair and later visited the Hollister shop where I "added" Malaia.

I usually never do this, because I think that every fragrance needs its space... but I did it almost instinctively and for me both perfumes mingled so wonderfully

But of course I also would wear Malaia on its own, smells so special to me...coaxing exotic flowers, and it definitely carries the feeling of beach and sea that I love

MyleneKreuk
MyleneKreuk

I can't believe that this perfume has been out for a few years now and I've only just discovered it recently! Normally I dislike the Hollister fragrances for women because they have a tendency to smell too masculine on me. But like suppie, I think Malaia is the only one that I actually like; it smells very feminine on me and I fell in love with it immediately. It's true that it smells a bit like the inside of a Hollister store, but it's much, much softer and subtle. It's a hard scent to describe because I can't really distinguish any individual notes.. On my skin, it smells sweet, but not too sweet because of the woody undertones. It reminds me a lot of my shampoo, which is never a bad thing to smell like :) The only criticism I have is that it only lasts for a few hours on my skin. All in all, I recommend it if you're looking for a sweet, clean scent that isn't too overpoweringly sweet or citrusy.

suppie
suppie

my perfect transition perfume from winter to spring. i just had to have it the moment i smelled it. its the only hollister perfume from the girls section that i truly adore.
the staying power lasts only 5 hours and then i;d have to reapply but the price for a 2oz wasn't so bad; almost $40 with tax for a 2oz bottle.
i like this scent a lot.

guest_guest
guest_guest

Good but can be way too strong. It dries down to a powdery smell almost but you can detect some fruity melon type smell in it. It smells good but can be overpowering if too much is applied. Lasts a long time too. Way too expensive though.

guest_Michelle
guest_Michelle

this smells AWESOME, but lasts maybe a total of 5 minutes.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Reminded me of Miss Dior Cherie L'eau. A light floral fragrance with a hint of citrus and woods.

allibaballi
allibaballi

I love this one! It reminds me of walking along the beach in California. I would definitely try this if i were you. :)

guest_jamie
guest_jamie

i love this perfume! it was 20 bucks i think for like 1 oz. it lasts a good 3-4 hrs. and smells amazingg. whenever i wear it people are always like "what smells so good? it smells like hollister!" (btw, the hollister store smells really good inside) at first there are some really sharp floral notes and a few woody notes. as it fades, it turns into a softer, fruiter scent. i can pick up some melon notes and maybe a little vanilla. whenever i wear it i cant stop smelling myself(:

Cherub573
Cherub573

A fresh, light floral, with a pinch of fruit, maybe melon. The woods are pretty subtle, and probably just keep the mixture from being too sweet. However, it doesn't remind me of the beach. A good everyday fragrance, though it doesn't have much lasting power on me, maybe 2 hours.

stacy
stacy

one of the best i've ever smelled. i love it.

Malaia by Hollister 4.44 out of 5 based on 105 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hollister Malaia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hollister Malaia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Malaia by Hollister. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Malaia by Hollister represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.