Designers » F-H » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Socal for Men Hollister for men

Socal for Men Hollister for men
dislike

Socal for Men Hollister for men Pictures Socal for Men Hollister for men Pictures

SoCal is the fragrance of Southern California. With its clean, fresh, and masculine scent, this new Hollister cologne truly embodies the laidback beach lifestyle. Welcome to SoCal! It comes in 50ml (1.7oz) and 75ml (2.5oz) bottles.

Socal for Men Fragrance Reviews

esteban747
esteban747

Knowing the target of Hollister, I was not expecting a sophisticated, gourmand fragrance. Yet, it has a special appeal, it smells like other fragrances out there, but it's " hypnotic" in a way, feels clean, masculine, leathery, slightly herbal with a touch of sweetness. It took me by surprise when I realized that this fragrance gets better as it gets closer to the middle notes and dry down. Like a grown up cologne, who knew!
So, yes, even though I'm against the whole A&F conglomerate, I have to say that Hollister SoCal smells fantastic for casual wear.

wrbenjam
wrbenjam

smells just like guess seductive homme...you can find it at target. Its the cheaper option. I prefer SoCal tho

paulhunter

in response to coreynellos' review, I must defend this fragrance. What that review seems to be based upon is the image of the store, the stereotype of the clientele, and the usage of the perfume as marketing. None of these things are truly related to the scent itself. I agree that Hollister goes overboard, blindly spraying this all over their store. I agree that the young, vain, disrespectful crowd generally is seen there. But in defense of the fragrance itself! It is beautiful, and I hope no one is deterred by coreynellos' subjective review.

turbohonky
turbohonky

This smells almost identical to Lomani signature if you are looking for a more reasonably priced alternative and can locate it. I note it isn't in the catalogue on here.
The resemblance is truly uncanny and even the bottle shapes of both and colour scheme of the bottles and caps are very very similar...

Love both of these fragrances. Something warm, familiar, safe and calming about them. Suits hooded tops and lounging around but passable on evenings out, depending on the company.

paulhunter

Busting out my old Summer bottles as the weather warms up, and I realize how good this smells! It never stood out to me but I smell an interesting mix of coconut, cedar-fence-sawdust, and pine. Woody, sweet, and fresh, this is a very enjoyable fragrance. The only problems are the reputation and the longevity.

coreynellos
coreynellos

The worst of them all. When you walk by the hollister store in the mall you get a lung and a half full of this nasty "cologne" It gives you a head ache within the first sniff of it. I bet working at hollister they go brain dead from breathing this crap. It feels like you locked your self in a room with no windows and no air could escape in a dirty public bathroom that someone split paint thinner, wood floor treatment, and bleach with the hint of a gross teenage that hasn't showered in a week. Over all this is hardly a fragrance. It is a headache most of all.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

idk about this one.. It doesn't smell like something made for people. It smells like sweet chemicals and synthetic strawberries. On my skin it has this one note I cannot stand. Its too loud!! and just ugh

I like the bottle though. I just wish the juice smelled like something other than boiling hot sugar and burnt marshmallows.

twlahue

The smell is great, but this has to be my favorite bottle. Love the design and concept of the bottle.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Buy a bottle of furniture polish. Empty into a glass and leave to sit in the sun for 6 hours.

That's what Hollister wants you to smell like with "So Cal". Cheap, saccharine, furniture polish.

Only teenagers who fall for the marketing will enjoy this scent. It's vapid and indistinguishable from a dozen brands like it, including the infamously horrible "Tommy" by Tommy Hilfiger, remember that from the 90's?

Yeah, teenage perfumes haven't evolved much :P

mrsocal

one of the nicest smelling colognes ive ever smelt. sweet, woody, fresh and a hint of citrus. if you've ever been in a Hollister store you've smelt this. only bad thing is the projection and longevity is embarrassing. I've never been complemented once because the only way to smelt it is to put your nose on the persons neck. plus it only lasts 5 hours tops. the price range for a casual scent is ridiculously high aswell. I recommend lacoste in play red for a cheaper casual cologne which smells great and has a good projection. other than that it smells Amazing.

KyleN
KyleN

If you walk into a Hollister shop in the UK this is usually the first thing you smell, I think they spray it in the air conditioning or something.
It is a pleasent sweet smell, has a very clean soapy smell to it. The bottle is simple, the sprayer is ok but one thing that annoys me about this fragrance is the price tag. It's £50 over here in the UK for either a 50ml or 75ml (I cant remember which one), for an everyday scent it hasn't got an everyday price. Seriously though you can get bigger bottles of better fragrances for around the same price, if not cheaper!
Final thought: Ridicolous price so i wouldn't buy it but great fragrance.
Also, longevity & sillage roughly sit around moderate.

guitarravolador
guitarravolador

Smooth and creamy, fruity and spicy. Nice fragrance. it does not, like most other reviews say, last very long. And the price is quite steep for eau de cologne. But it smells great, especially in this Texas heat!! Love it. Reminds me of both Euphoria men and L' Essence de Cerruti.

SDavis93
SDavis93

I like this, has a very pleasant scent sort of sweet, creamy, woody. ,longevity is good. everyone seems to love the smell especially girls and people who know Hollister will spot this scent on you from a mile away. smells exactly like the store 7/10

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Smells delicious, very sexy and youthful. Nice bottle too. It's sillage isn't too big but it lasts quiet a while on me. I just sprayed it on the back of my hand 6 hours ago and I have WASHED my hand in that time but it still smells nice and strong! Now that's pretty impressive.

I'd recommend it for young guys but be careful with it if you're looking for a different or unique scent. It's alright in Australia as there hasn't been any Hollister stores here until one just opened last week :D

EDIT: for the price (which is quiet high), you could probs do better.

LuxWaltz
LuxWaltz

It's a very yummy scent. I fell in love with it, the first time I came across it. It's a pity because it only comes as an EDC, therefore, the longevity and sillage are super weak.

Ilove3.4oz
Ilove3.4oz

A very sweet, masculine, and dark fragrance. For Hollister, it is EXTREMELY good. To me it reminds me of coca-cola. Overall, a great scent. Will be buying again.

Sweet, fruity, and spicy with amber, and a touch of lavender and suede, I'd guess. A hint of woods eventually emerges, possibly some mild herbal element is shuffling about in the background as well. The musk is obvious but not overwhelming, nor does it smell like the laundry detergent aisle at the supermarket. If you want a very inexpensive version of this, try Victory League by Adidas. However, if you do that you might find it too "synthetic." Socal, by contrast, at least smells reasonably natural. I can't speak to its popularity amount the youth of the nation, but it's certainly a solid scent. If you hate sweet ones this might not be for you, but it's definitely not a as sweet as so many on the market these days.

kentownsyourface
kentownsyourface

this is my scent of choice! its basically like sex to the nose! i really don't like hollister clothes but the only reason i go into the store is to buy this cologne...it is my favorite of all time

KeithScar
KeithScar

Socal by Hollister is a nice pleasant frag that gets major compliments from the ladies. Sweet honey sugary vibe and dries down to a soothing cream scent. Perfect for those spring/summer days out in the sun

twlahue

I am surprised by how strong this stuff really is. I went in thinking it would be a light skin scent. I applied about 5 sprays in the morning. I could smell it all day. I could smell it the next morning, after a shower. I went into my office that morning and could smell a faint lingering of this scent. People like it. Don't overlook it, just because you think it is popular, or overdone, or just a "mall" scent. There is more here than you may think.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

this smells good with versace man eau fraiche under layer to it...

ITS juan
ITS juan

This smells like honey, sugar, sweet, and many some type of fruit I can't pinot out. It last quite a while I don't complain but I just noticed that my botle says EAU DE COLOGNE does any one know if they sell a EAU DE TOILETTE spray?

williamvargas
williamvargas

pleasantly surprised with this little gem, a very fruity nice smelling cologne for a guy to wear, seems to be more of a scent my son might really love to wear, got a decent sized sample sent to me ,my first take was positive, reminded me of a & f's fierce type of scent..a little sweeter maybe.. but very aromatic and pleasant. don't think someone older would catch flack for wearing unless they over did it. , but my teenaged daughter right away perked up and said, hey dad , i really like that one. so it does the job, not an expensive fragrance really so a good value i think.. and yet different enough that you get some compliments. i did. not sure i would wear this one because i am too mature lol... smells good, what else can you ask for? i will have to sample some of the other ones now that my curiosity is peaked. got some for my 14 year old grandson.. he loves this, and he does not want to smell like me..funny how it cuts both ways. it does smell good.. one of those that appeals to the masses. a scent that although may not be the cup of tea for the more sophisticated noses it is certainly not beneath me to see its appeal. thumbs up. if it makes you happy it makes you happy.. wear it with pride young man!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

teeny booper cologne but females enjoy it.. sweet and smokey... projects on my skin for maybe an hour.. longevity is horrible..but this would be good date scent...just like A&F fierce everyone has smelled this so i don't feel special when i wear it...will not be repurchasing it

pouyan.nabavy
pouyan.nabavy

it doesnt last so long i donno why?i live in iran-tehran maybe beacuase of our dry weather or other stuff...but i love the smell although sometime i smell bandage when i wear it :D

chicagovigilante
chicagovigilante

I first bought Hollister SoCal in college. At the time, I was about 19 years old and actually wore clothes from the store. SoCal was and still is the scent that is sprayed on the clothes. Even though I don't wear Hollister anymore, I still wear the cologne nostalgically. This is a summer cologne that reminds me of the beach - not the water itself, but the experience of basking in the sunlight on a hot but relaxed afternoon.

The scent opens with a very tropical hit of coconut and melon. There may even be a small hint of citrus in the top notes. As it dries down, I get the deep woody scent of coniferous trees (perhaps pine or spruce) mixed with vanilla sweetness. The basenotes are my favorite aspect of the cologne because the sweetness is balanced by the deep earthy scent of driftwood dried and heated by the summer sun. It lasts relatively long on my skin - about 6-8 hours before it becomes a skin scent.

On its own merits, the scent is excellent for a beach day. It is overworn by the teenage Hollister crowd, so it may associate with a younger audience. However, at 23 I still spray this occasionally during the summer and it gets complements when applied conservatively and allowed to dry down.

Overall Scent: 8/10
Opening: 7/10
Drydown: 9/10
Sillage: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Skippykat
Skippykat

Ah, Hollister! Instantly transports you back to that secluded beach bungalow on the tropical island of all that is radical and far out. So Cal embodies the very essence of southern beach culture in the Golden State.
A yummy mixture of coconut, suntan oil, tropical fruit cocktail, salty seawater and manly musk, it's instant oasis in a bottle. It has strong sillage and should definitely be worn during the summer months only. Whilst being marketed more toward the younger generation, a more mature man could easily hang ten in this sporty scent ; ) Destined to become a beachside legend!

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

Sweet, sweet, Christmas tree. That's what this smells like! I wear this every year around the holiday season (November - January). I think it's definitely an OK comfortable cologne. Nothing too WOW or unique. It's perfect for who it's intended for: young men under 30. Basically consists of sweetened pine needles, and wood.

mrsocal

i love this fragrance so much. fruity beechy goodness. got it for christmas so gotta wait a week :(. A lot of people say its woody. i agree on short terms but it hink its more fruity. very sweet. i will have a smell next week ;D

andy

It seems like fierce cologne with some oriental notes. I get the same sharp citrus but I think it goes a little farther. However, i have fierce cologne so i am not going to buy this too since the smells are pretty similar.

camnhu
camnhu

great smell but it doesnt last long

Mjgrass
Mjgrass

Great smell, but it dosent last very long. Iv had allot of compliments on it. Great summer, spring smell. A few people have told me it smells like Christmas trees.

I just wished it lasted longer!

babybash44
babybash44

A sweet, beachy, versatile cologne. The bottle is very nice, with a tight clasping heavy metal cap and thick, heavy glass. The fruit is tropical and the woods is more like saw-dust, in a good way. I've gotten many compliments on this, but it fades very quickly and completely disappears within three hours, as it is an Eau de Cologne. Wish they made a stronger, more refined, longer lasting version of this. A cheaper price would help too. I like, not love. Probably won't repurchase.

300yard+
300yard+

My summer casual going to the mall or playing golf , the gym...It reminds me off caramel mixed with a nutty base note. I agree it only lasts for 4-6 hours tops... Gotta reapply in the afternoon, but it does make you feel fresh.. and the more you wear it the more youll like it..

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

This is for me summer, beaches and my VW camper! I always wear this when camping. I water it down in a spray bottle of water! and spritz all my clothes, the towels the curtains in the camper..everything..it is gorgeous, it spells, fun and freedom. Everybody loves the gorgeous aroma of my camper! funny I guess this was meant for men...but not in my case, it is for me, my clothes my camper!

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

Socal is a lovely warm and adventurous scent. It's like coming out of the woods and stepping into your shed with a freshly chopped conifer tree over your shoulder, while someone's making you fresh caramel.

Doesn't last too long, but it's absolutely delicious as long as it lasts.

guest_Michael
guest_Michael

I love the scent but I noticed it doesn't last very long. I looked at the sticker on the bottom and it says "cologne spray" so does that mean it's eau de cologne? Eau de cologne is weaker and less concentrated than eau de toilette. I suspect that's why it doesn't last as long as my other fragrances. I find it very expensive for eau de cologne.

guest_Mike
guest_Mike

Yes I totally agree, bought this a couple months back. Socal simply smells amazing! Was never a real fan of Abercrombie's 'fierce' scent, which makes you feel kinda dizzy. But Socal is different. Alone the bottle screams vintage. The woody scent say 'young' and 'sexy'. Best for people their teen age to College, SoCal is really unique. Definitely one of my favs. (you really gotta try it out for yourself!)

guest_carlos

I just got a bottle of Socal.....OHHH My...I Love it.....It's Kind of impossible to sescribe the scent but it smells so good....i get a lot of compliments when i wear it....It's also really long lasting.....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

guest_SmellzGood
guest_SmellzGood

I don't like Hollister or ever buy my clothes from there. The only reason I walk into this store is to get this cologne. It is one of the best colognes I have ever used. It has a young masculine smell that the ladies seem to love, and it is not cheap nor is it too expensive. So if you ever see me in Hollister, Im probably buying this cologne!

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

My son wears this sparingly -- a quick spritz in the centre of his chest. I (and his girlfriend) find he smells "just right" for his university age. The fragrance is neither too mature, nor dimestore cheap. I would absolutely recommend it for young men who are looking for a scent but want to smell younger than their Dads or better than TAG or AXE.

guest_Isaac
guest_Isaac

I got suckered into liking Hollister clothes but when I first stepped into the store, I instantly loved the scent. I've been using it for 2 years now and really, comparing it to other colognes I've had & designer brands out there, I still prefer it, don't wanna change it despite it coming from the "bastard child of Abercrombie" lol. And yes, every girl I've met loves it.

flem
flem

Don't get me wrong, I kind of like this scent. However, to me it smells like cardboard and freshly chopped pieces of wood at first.

It is a pretty manly smell. Girls seems to love this scent. Just have to make sure not to over do it, and let it dry down before entering the world.

I agree that the store and everything it represents is more than obnoxious, but that doesn't mean that they can't make a pretty decent cologne.

guest_Annalisa
guest_Annalisa

I have no great love of Hollister - the cheaply produced bastard child of Abercrombie, marketing a lifestyle which does not exist...nonetheless, this fragrance is amazing. It smells so so sexy on men. It makes me want to do bad, bad things to them. Why does it have to be from Hollister? The store, its clothes, its employees, and its customers, are all incredibly annoying. Despite all this, this cologne is amazing.

andy

this kinda has a jpg feel to it, i think its kinda deeper and a nice scent cloud, definately good scent if it smells good in a mall even when the stoer is bathed in the scent

guest_carlos

this is my #1 FRAGRANCE i love the way it smells and lasts forever and hollister is where i get all my clothes

toysoldier89
toysoldier89

smells extremely good! and another strong scent by Hollister! its last forever and you get a big bottle too!

Socal for Men by Hollister 4.24 out of 5 based on 171 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hollister Socal for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hollister Socal for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Socal for Men by Hollister. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Socal for Men by Hollister represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.