Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Chaman`s Party Honore des Pres for women and men

Chaman`s Party Honore des Pres for women and men
dislike

herbal
Chaman`s Party Honore des Pres for women and men Pictures Chaman`s Party Honore des Pres for women and men Pictures

The Honore des Pres collection was introduced in 2008. This is a 100% natural collection by this niche house and it includes 5 perfumes: Chaman's Party, Bonté’s Bloom, Nu Green, Sexy Angelic and Honoré’s Trip.

Chaman`s Party is a unisex fragrance which vividly shows the scent of moist earth, trees and roots of the Amazon. It is composed of explosive, aphrodisiac aromas and notes which are kept a secret. The perfume was created by Olivia Giacobetti and it is available as 100ml edt.

Vetiver Root Basil Woody Notes Cloves Hay Floral Notes

Fumidus
The Voice of Reason
Mississippi Medicine

Chaman`s Party Fragrance Reviews

Wathgwen
Wathgwen

This isn't burnt bacon. The opening notes are immediately familiar to anyone who has smelled pine or birch tar. It's smoky and earthy with a lot of depth.

I find it in the same spirit as Sikkim Girls, with some similar florals coming across to me during the middle phase. I am surprised that jasmine and frangipani are not on the list. Sikkim Girls on me has almost no vanilla or tuberose and is heavily smoky, which is probably why this scent reminds me of it even though they don't share ingredients.

The drydown still has smoke but this is when the woods come out. Unfortunately the scent has rather poor longevity and is almost gone in a couple hours. This is my first niche buy as well as my first upscale natural perfume. I don't much care about the things I use being natural, and in this case actually would consider it a bit of a detriment to the scent.

I got a remarkably good price on this comparing it to stores online. I had a coupon for KICKS.

I really like this, though it is similar in some aspects to Sikkim Girls, it is the effect that is similar rather than the actual scent. I really like this and think it'll make an interesting summer scent. I do have concerns about how long it will keep since it is a natural perfume.

chove
chove

Initially, there's a strong and realistic smell of something that's been forgotten in a cast iron frying pan and is now beyond salvation. That surely got my attention. Soon enough, the fragrance spreads out and grows tender and now resembles tar rather than burned up meat. But since the progression of these Honoré des Prés perfumes are faster than the growth of a blue whale, we quickly encounter a lovely, earthy vetiver scent that by genius handling is humid and dry at the same time.

The smoke makes another, lifelike turn and now delivers the aromatic scent of singed herbs. At this point this perfume of constantly replacing features makes a halt and settles in a soft and enjoyable woody incarnation with delicate floral notes. It's like the aroma of a smoke sauna in between the woods and the fields during a light summer's night, when the hay's just been harvested. Chaman’s Party is so weak though, that wearing it, at least for me, means having to give it full attention with my nose on the wrist without any distractions, so regrettably I'll pass.

K1
K1

Urbanized antediluvian apothecary.

Strange healing water, it's not a perfume. Chaman's Party is like cured smoked sausage. Strange intense cloves and basil that promise for smoky woody and greenness. Hay, contrary to my expectations, plays solidly and purely as found in nature. Earthy/heavenly, materialist/spiritual, fresh/smoldering, green/woodsy. Very brilliant message in a bottle.
★★★★

Zetamamman
Zetamamman

Wow! I don't get any of the notes listed that you others pick up. On me it smells only like tar. A very truthful tar smell, like the Finnish tar tablets. I love that it's organic, but not a perfume for me.

Basteth
Basteth

This actually smells alot like spring to me. When you start work in the garden after a lång winter. When the temperature start to rise and you can smell the earth again. Love it. Like so many have said: earth, wood and fire! In a nice, comforting way.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

So unique! I think you either love this or hate it.

It starts off with a hot, humid, earthy jungle floor smell mixed with burning wood (like a bonfire) and strange, green herbs. It's like being invited to a witchdoctor deep in the rainforest and attending a ritual there, filled with weird fumes and intense drumming. Chaman's party indeed, or should I say shaman? :)

After a while the intense, deep, smokey earthiness opens up, the scent blooms in a way, and softer and moister green and floral notes appear. Like stepping out of the shamans dark, smokefilled hut and into the fresh, humid jungle. Faint whiffs of smoke still lingers as the rainforest embraces you and shows you it's most beautiful, blooming secrets.

This scent has sort of got the same weird ritual nature vibe as Coven from Andrea Mack. If Coven and Slumberhouse Norne had a baby, it would be something very close to the opening of this scent. But the drydown is more in the direction of Beyond Paradise from Estée Lauder. Just to give you a feel of what this smells like.

I fell in love with this unique juice at first sniff and have just ordered a bottle. The only downside to this is the longevity. It goes away within 3-4 hours on my skin - but the sillage while it's there is very good. :)

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This one definitely lives up to it's name. Smoke and herbs, a bit like sage burned for smudging. It's certainly interesting but very masculine and of extremely short longevity.

la louve
la louve

- Old Hickory Smoked Salt
- a wet church
- mouldy flowers
- steaming earth
- dusty deck boards

- ..... after 15 min it's mostly gone ... ...deeply interesting... !!!

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

What a peculiar scent. Like putting your cheek close to embers to see if they're still warm. Each of the notes can be identified with a bit if imagination and patience which proves fun - see if you can discern the vetiver, cloves, smoke, and basil. The sales spiel also lists Wood of Life from Peru, which I presume is a dickhead way of saying Guaiac wood. Perhaps it's the basil, but there is something very familiar but impossible to pinpoint about this! Hidden within this simple quintet it is a tune played on an instrument I'm sure I know but can't for the life of me identify. This has a distinct medicinal quality to it that is slightly alarming. This is made intriguing by the smoke. It is as if the school matron and a mountain man had a baby who became a philosopher. It has the thinnest resemblance to kurkdijan's velvet mood oud but this is more uncomfortable shoes oud. It smells like a place of painful memories that you keep returning to as if you have yet to learn it's lessons. It smells like being in the care of someone who knows what they're doing, can speak to plants and animals, read the stars, start their own fires in a wet forest. This is not an immediately pleasant fragrance, it is fairly challenging actually, but it is in equal measure intriguing. A great fragrance to wear to sit down with a good book. Think more River Cottage than Geordie Shore. I spray it on my pillows to ensure a smooth passage into the oeneronic realm.

paper_roses
paper_roses

This smelled very much like campfire and hotdogs on my skin, not appealing at all. However, on my husband, it turns woodsy and sexy.

patxaran
patxaran

Encre Noire flirting with Tiger Balm as they stroll through Whole Foods in search for Juniper berries. Organic yes. A scent I would want to wear... hmm perhpas, but it seems slightly more appropiate as a room scent for meditation or a hot yoga class perhaps!

katakresis
katakresis

With my skin chemistry, this is an unsophisticated, linear scent. I can't say I like it. It has smelled like blackcurrant cough medicine since I put it on four or five hours ago. If I hold my wrist to my nose and inhale deeply, I can just make out a woodsmoke smell. Perhaps a slight hint of tar; and also one of vanilla-ish incense. My experience of the scent does not have much in common with the other reviewers' at all, so I think it might just be a bad match for my skin.

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

This smells like smoked wood and bacon at the first sniff. Extremely different and strange. But very, very interesting. This reminds me of the forest, it's so earthy. Then it dries down to something herby and soft and subtly sexy - very heavenly. Unique by far.

Mipon
Mipon

When I first smelled this at a boutique, I violently jolted and said to a shop assistant, "Are you kidding me!?". I couldn't believe that there was such an odd scent. It smelled of smoked (and slightly burnt) bacon and earthy soil.

I brought back the mouiette with this scent sprayed on it and... I kept on sniffing it all night. What a strange experience! It reminds me of a date with a guy who is remotely my type, yet somehow whom I can't get my mind off of, so to speak.

I would happily get a sample and try it on my skin and see how it will smell. Also, if I get it by any chance, I want to have everybody sniff it and see their reaction for the fun of it.

PR
PR

One of the strangest perfumes I've ever tried and I rather like it.
First few minutes it strongly smells like a smokehouse for the bacon and meats in the countryside where my grandma used to have the farm when I was little. Then this scent softens and 'meaty' smell goes away and it leaves the fragrance that is more 'shaman' than 'farm'. It still smells of countryside, but more like wilderness.Dry leaves on the ground, earthy smell? The most pronounced part I get from it is some black, dark and damp wood bark smouldering where used to be a fireplace.. it is rather Shaman's After-party for me. It's wilderness, autumnal and wet with fireplaces and ..roads. I think of beatniks, the Doors and native American Indians. Strange mixture.

I like using this perfume, because it makes me feel like I'm just back from the forest, like a camping trip, just much more intriguing and romantic in a way, like from the backdoor of something that is ancient, lost, but alive.

It's hard to explain, but everyone must try it for themselves.

rebella
rebella

Explosive, allright! Right out of the bottle it is a powerful blast of heavy smoke and strange herbs. Really making me WOW! I am about to enter the schaman`s hut and I am greated with some really strange, but not unpleasant smells. Just very exotic and unfamiliar. After the smoke has settled a bit, there is some crisp and aromatic notes, something that reminds about red tea, but I am sure that it is some far moore strange and rare herb. The jungle is right outside the opening of the hut. A very interesting fragrance, stronger and more longlasting than Sexy Angelic. The drydown is nice and comforting, but not as intriguing as the top- and middle notes.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Honore des Pres Chaman`s Party fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Honore des Pres Chaman`s Party, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chaman`s Party by Honore des Pres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chaman`s Party by Honore des Pres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.