Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vamp à NY Honore des Pres for women
dislike

tuberose
rum
Vamp à NY Honore des Pres for women Pictures Vamp à NY Honore des Pres for women Pictures Vamp à NY Honore des Pres for women Pictures

Honore des Pres in cooperation with perfumer Olivia Giacobetti is launching "New York Collection" available in French Colette. The new collection includes three fragrances I Love les Carottes, Love Coco and Vamp à NY, created of 100% natural ingredients. Parisian organic fragrances are packed in unconventional way – in plastic cups to take out.

Vamp à NY is the third fragrance of the "New York Collection". This perfume is a true artistic performance for vamp woman, as extreme French couture. Its composition unites notes in a very unusual way. Poisonous and intoxicating in the same time, endlessly seductive and attractive, it can give you a headache and it can give you sexappeal – tuberose flower mixed with rum aromas, leaving a unique balmy trail. Available as 50ml EDP. Vamp à NY was launched in 2010.

Tuberose Rum

Vanille

Benzoin Tolu Balsam Peru Balsam

Vamp à NY Fragrance Reviews

Nighty Night
Nighty Night

In a review somewhere I read that you should always be ready to say out loud the name of your perfume if someone asks. Wise words. In that particular case, I dont think I ever would be. The perfume itself is agreeable, the combination of tuberose and rum make it deeper and interesting but also very sweet (it is classified as an Oriental Vanilla). Unfortunately (or fortunately because it's pricey)it gives me the headache they kind of promise us in the description.

Neptune71
Neptune71

One of my favorite prefumes. Rum and tuberose. My husband dislikes it but who cares!! I love it. The staying power is ok for a natural perfume.

LauraB613
LauraB613

This smells like warm vanilla rum (and a little waxy) on my skin. Very velvety! Surprising longevity and silage for a natural perfume - in fact, performs similarly to synthetics. Definitely worth a full bottle.

Basteth
Basteth

I had such high hopes for this one. It started out like a flowery sugar bomb but quickly faded into.. vanilla. A quite pleasant vanilla, like vanilla fudge but not to sweet. It makes me long for a vanilla latte and I guess that is quite NY. Can´t smell the tuberose at all though and that is what I was hoping for. I like it but it isn´t what I was expecting. And it fades away after about two hours unfortunately.

Yeremeh
Yeremeh

Got a free sample of this. Immediately after applying all I could smell was bubblegum (Jenka all the way), at first it was delightful but after a while it got really cloying. Once the bubblegum-phase died out I had to wash it off because it started smelling sour. I bet this is a wonderful scent if it works with your skin, but I'd test it before buying for sure.

cecfor
cecfor

The first thing I get from this is a tip top tuberose with a boozy sort af green hint that is addicting. After that a totally soft rounded creamy tuberose. It shows no edges or headiness on my skin. It is a little sweet but absolutely not sugary so. I get no sophistication type. I get no vamp either. I just get uncomplicated happiness. It makes me think of a sunny warm day on vacation. No wonder I like it so much.

Nukekubi
Nukekubi

This is perfect for everyday wear. The scent blends well with my skin and I tend to wear it for work. The balmy nature of the perfume is, perhaps, what makes it work. For me it's a big plus that it's from a natural perfumer. I tend to get compliments when wearing this - some even asking if it is the "Classique Jean Paul Gaultier" I'm wearing, probably because of the prominent tuberose and vanilla. Both tones I find to be quite non-offensive, which probably is the reason this perfumes is wearable for work. I do not find this scent to be "sweet" on me, but rather balmy and creamy. But I must say that even though it is both nice and wearable it can get somewhat boring after some time. I'm on my second bottle of it now, and I might not buy another one -I think I would like something a bit more interesting the next time. But overall a nice smell, warm and balmy, on the verge to sexy but lacks the special something to make it really memorable. It last for about 6 hours on me and the sillage is moderate.

This is sweet! A little too sweet for me, but definetely worthy a try. I like the tuberose, but I'm not so fond of boozy notes. Anyway they are not too strong here.
I really like the benzoin edge.
It lasts very long on both paper and skin, but according to chemistry it will change unlike many new perfumes.
I think I could wear this Vamp in tiny doses and when I'm in a mood for a sweet tuberose. I like many tuberose scents and Vamp à NY will add to the list.
Beware of this one if your faint at heart.

daniela.llanos
daniela.llanos

Uf..the first time I tried this (it was a blind buy) I was a bit overwhelmed by the sticky heaviness of it. This is not your ordinary vanilla scent nor is it office suitable. The first time I wore this I could smell myself all day and it made me a bit nauseated..so heavy..so sweet...

Don't get me wrong, I like vanilla scents and this one seemed like an interesting twist on all the gourmand vanillas that are out there these days.

But somehow the scent has grown on me. I've discovered that this one is not suitable for warm weather, but works fine when it's cold outside (maybe it's the rum ;)?)

On my skin the scent starts with a very dominering tuberose, followed by the soft vanilla. Then the rum comes in and blends with the vanilla, making one delicious creaminess with the softened tuberose.

tl;dr: spray in moderation, try it in winter, not in summer!

lookingfornaturals
lookingfornaturals

Oh I wish I got all of the positive reviews on this scent! I wish I could smell this on someone else (my husband won't do it). I wanted to like this so much, as others have said that the natural ingredients drew them in. This was very bad on me. It is not often that I have to wash a scent off because it is that bad...this, yes. The dry down just smelled like artificial candy of some kind. And -- I like gourmands!! It wasn't even a sweet scent that was enjoyable! The only redeeming quality that I can respect about this scent, is that I know it is very sophisticated, however, how hard should you try to like a perfume. Either it smells good or it doesn't...end of story.

Cochlea
Cochlea

I am a tuberose lover, I don't know why I went so long before I tried this out! I ordered a decant of this right away!

The first spray was the heavenly tuberose blended with a boozy note. Rum is listed in the pyramid, but on my skin the alcoholic note here reminded me more of a delicious foaming pina colada drink with a generous helping of coconut cream.
The vanilla is very fresh and lovely against with the blend of sweet balsamic notes- benzoin, peru balsum, and tolu balsum.

The longevity was good, I dabbed from a tiny vial, it was about 4 hours, and then I put more on, so seriously addictive! The sillage is very soft from the vial.

vos
vos

Vamp a new york is the first tuberose scent i have tried that comes close to the bubbelgummy yummyness of the tuberose in my garden. Have tried versace blond, fracas and mahora and al of them turn screechy on my skin(mahora is a bit better). Like a singer that is not able to reach the notes of a aria. Close, but wihout the vanilla like roundness i experience when i smell the flower. The rum note is delicious.

serchina
serchina

This is a different take on tuberose, very modern compared to many others. Really playful as many have already mentioned. Creamy, boozy, balsamic, and really thick tuberose. Just lovely and perfect for any tuberose fan.

emily7
emily7

One quirky tuberose suitable for Giacobetti fans and oldfashioned tuberose haters.

Three-phase development: 1.boozy2.waxy3.vanillic/balsamic sweet - none of which smells expected or predictable, hence it's very unusual fragrance just as every other Giacobetti creation.
1.Boozy opening is rather surprising and quickly moves to 2.a more interesting, waxy tuberose that instantly reminded me of Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Tubereuse; vegetal and waxy, thick, dense, feels like biting into a tuberose candle, except it feels really pleasant, creamy and cozy. 3.Last phase is on the gourmand side, not too sweet, but with distinct vanilla and balsamic notes in the background - just as Madonna's Truth or Dare should smell like.

Fun and easygoing.

N_Schwartz
N_Schwartz

Finally a tubereuse that I like! Finally!
I have tubereuses in my garden. A nice earthy smell. But everytime I would smell it in a perfume it would be way to heavy and headache got the better of me. I love this! This one smells exactly like the one in my garden. And the rum and vanilla just make it a playful yet still enough of a mature scent For a 30 year old woman like me.

It is sexy. In a certain creamy, sweet unexpected way.

The sweetness is nowhere near sugary or child like. I do think body chemistry is important with this one though. Just because almost every natural perfume is prone to reacting differently to certain body chemistry but on me it is lushious creamy velvetty playful tubereuse with soft vanilla and interesting rum.

How divine

MJF
MJF

Smelled like coconut, dirt, and booze on me. Rather gross actually.

louisephoenix13
louisephoenix13

In the bottle (a decant off ebay) I already strongly disliked it - a 'shouting' fragrance, brash & headachey.

I soldiered on thinking it might transform on skin...

I really had to struggle not to wash it off on contact, the headache factor grew & I rarely get headaches.

Happily it died down a bit but not to anything any more pleasant. Normally I keep smelling a fragrance & love analysing even if I don't love it but I really didn't want my nose any nearer it as it faded so I'm sorry this is a really ill-informed assessment, I just still got undifferentiated brash / loud.

As a number of others have said I was drawn to this because of its lack of artificial ingredients - a really important selling point for me, I'm virtually vegan in my eating habits & organic when I can be.

This is the best advert for synthetic perfume I've come across.

I am not a stranger to / hater of tuberose, I loved Tubereuse Criminelle immediately, no effort, but this? So bad it's made me stop just reading reviews & actually write one at last!

I still really want to try some of the other Honore... line as they sound intriguing but so did this...

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

It's a tuberose scent on me. Tuberose all over, and some vanilla sweetness and a hint of rum on the background. If you are a tuberose fan it is a "musthave" for you ))

vsmini
vsmini

Very vanilla powder/boozy, very earthy mixed with some rock n' roll.

Visited the 5th ave Henri Bendel after work today and spritzed my wrist with this one. When I had my friend smell it on my wrist a few hours later she exclaimed "It smells like cherries and vanilla!" and I think she was right. It's got a sweet, candyish scent to it. It immediately took me to St. Marks Place in downtown NYC. It smells exactly like SMP on a hot summer day and all the rock/grunge shops are burning their incense. It also smells EXACTLY like Lush cosmetics Silky Underwear Powder which I love and remember saying to myself years ago that I wished it came in a perfume. Guess I got my wish.

Lasting power is insane. Sprayed it almost twenty four hours ago on my wrists and took a shower this morning....I can still smell it faintly when I sniff the wrists. That's pretty impressive but it makes sense as this is made from high concentrated oils/organic naturals and not synthetics which tend to have very short lasting times.

Packaging is cute and I get since they're an organic company they made the packaging "green" but honestly....for the price I kind of wish the takeaway coffee cup that the bottle came in was plastic and the customer could reuse it as a to-go coffee cup every morning. THAT would be awesome.

It's a chunk of change though - they only make it in one size: 50ml which is 1.7oz and it's $98. I can't imagine running into anyone who wears this as only a couple of retailers sell this and most of those retailers are in Europe. If you live in NYC you can pick it up at Henri Bendel's (not online but in-store) otherwise you might have to resort to the few online dealers that sell it and most of them have upped their price to around $118/bottle.

Based on its expensive price tag and inconvenience of finding a way to actually buy it I would not recommend purchasing this on a whim or buying it blind because returning it would be a hassle. IMO this is either a love/hate perfume...it's pretty hard to be "eh" on this one. I'm in the love camp on this one.

Cereza
Cereza

The first blast is divine, creamy/warm/boozy tuberose-vanilla combo goodness soon followed by a mouthwatering rum note. I am a sucker for tuberose in general and I tend to enjoy boozy perfumes, so my sympathies for this perfume were expected.
After the first boozy hit I start to get something else - benzoin. It plays around adding a bit sharp edges to this composition, helping this to stay away from getting too sweet, even though I must say - THIS IS VERY SWEET. Benzoin also brings out the greenness in tuberose which is a good thing.
After 20 minutes or so when it is even more settled it gets even more interesting for me - I can feel almost bitter note, must be rum settling down. I start to get the "vamp" part of the fragrance as this gets dark and sensual.

I do not have any idea where I could wear this, as it is heady and might annoy people around, but this goes on my wishlist with no doubt. Even though this is pricey (+/- 80 EUR for 50ml from the official retailer) it is worth every penny in my opinion, a very unique take on tuberose.

Joe1717
Joe1717

It was my girlfriend's birthday present. Very original this creation from Olivia Giacobetti! Is not only nmatter of tuberose. The original rum note and the honest vainilla heart and balsamic base gives to this perfume a unique personality. I recomend it.

Honoré des Prés VAMP A NY is a thick, somewhat undifferentiated tuberose perfume which seems somehow amateurish. The texture reminded me a bit of Versace BLONDE, so I decided to do a quick side-by-side comparison, and discovered that VAMP A NY cannot really compete in the crowded corner of fine tuberose perfumes.

First, VAMP does not smell at all vampy next to BLONDE, which is not in and of itself a fatal blow, but it also just does not smell as good. Ironically, it smells less natural, in addition to being far less complex, despite the fact that VAMP is apparently 100% natural, which Versace BLONDE certainly is not. There is a sort of vague sweetness to this composition, imparted I gather by the vanilla and the rum, but when all is said and sniffed, it really smells rather mushy to me.

In the end what really matters is not the gimmick, or the hype, but the scent. VAMP, to my nose, is one of the least inviting tuberose perfumes I've smelled. It's certainly not repulsive, but there are so many better options out there: BLONDE, FRACAS, NOIX DE TUBEROSE, even CARNAL FLOWER, which I do not particularly like because plant pheromones are not really my thing, but it's still more inviting than VAMP.

I'm happy to have tested this perfume, but VAMP A NY will not be joining my collection. It's just not that good, and I don't really see the point, to be perfectly frank (quoi d'autre?). Désolée.

sistermoon
sistermoon

White petals (not necessarily tuberose) drowning in balmy notes, earthy benzoin, with only a dash of rum, all nicely wrapped up in cozy vanilla sweetness. The result is a modern, minimalist interpretation of white floral; spicy and warm, a bit boozy, genuinly natural and very pretty. All I can say is, yes please. ;D

rosecat
rosecat

LookIng ahead to warmer weather in a few months, I revisited this today, and I LOVE it! Its Buttery.....sweet... pure & most importantly a natural Tuberose! Just perfectly playful & fun! This is full bottle worthy for me... And I think will now be a staple!

skeleton
skeleton

Normally I can't stand tuberose, but I can stand this one very much. I was in fact surprise it contained tuberose at all, to me this was a vanilla-gourmand with a floral touch. Very enjoyable.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

It's definitely a vamp perfume,more on the girly side.I have expected it to be more on the dark side of a mature vampire.It's sweet,the tuberose is burried under tolu balsam and rum.I would prefer it if it was more fresh and less sweeter.It reminds me of a perfumed Barbie doll.

Aqua218
Aqua218

I've always shied away from tuberose. It's always been 'tu' much for me...'tu' rubbery, 'tu' waxy, 'tu' 80s (the bad kind), 'tu' headache-inducing. But like a naughty, curious cat that keeps dipping its toes in the water, I find myself incredibly drawn-to and intrigued by this big, heavy white flower. I feel like it's my initiation perfume note - the one that I'm kinda scared of, but know I need to experience - if I want to graduate from novice to the next level of perfumista. So, imagine my utter surprise when I spritzed a bit of Vamp on my wrist, and found myself sniffing obsessively. God, I love it!!! Not 'appreciate' or 'respect' or any other pseudonym for 'I-hate-it-but-don't-want-to-come-out-and-say-it'. I really, really love it! It's so lush and succulent and wet. It's very different from Giacobetti's usual transparent creations - this is thick, oily and opulent. Mouth-watering creamy, buttery deliciousness in a bottle. It's gorgeous. Losing my tuberose virginity to this Vamp was not as painful as I feared. Now where are my pesky Fracas and Carnal Flower samples hiding?? I think I'm finally ready for these really big bad boys.

Carnal Flower
Carnal Flower

I do get the "organic" idea, at first the scent is bizarre and sweet, but then it turns into baked corn cob on my skin.

Mimmi
Mimmi

First and last: tuberose. Initially it smells to me like Versaces Blonde with some sugary avec added. Should be the rum-note. And that phase is strong, with massive sillage! This dries down to a sweet, cold, tuberose, and I sense the company of a persistent and disturbing plasticy note. Interesting that the scent has 100% natural ingrediences, while my big disappointment with Vamp is that it smells so artificial on me. Sorry, don't get neither vamp or organic out of my experience.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

I get a very "organic" white floral from this; something down to earth and vegetable-ish. A bit vampy indeed.