Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Shiloh Hors La Monde for women

Shiloh Hors La Monde for women
dislike

Shiloh Hors La Monde for women Pictures

Niche house Hors la Monde introduced its perfume Shiloh in 2007, created by Michel Roudniska. The fragrance is composed of bergamot oil, damask rose petals, Virginian cedar, patchouli, lemon, sandalwood, incense, green grass, oakmoss along with waves of vanilla, musk and noble wood. Available as 50 ml EDP, Shiloh is a treasure created after many years of travelling. Mysterious, seductive and refined, it came into existence like a fusion of delicate ingredients, blended as a scented adventure… The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Roudnitska.

Green Grass Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Rose Petals Virginia Cedar Vanilla Bergamot Precious Woods Oakmoss Incense Lemon Hibiscus

Shiloh Fragrance Reviews

Kai'elle
Kai'elle

This perfume develops backwards on me...

I get a strong and synthetic lemon opening quickly followed by incense.

Fortunately, once the bathroom spray lemon takes a back seat, the scent is transformed to a lush oakmoss/vanilla - still interwoven by the incense which keeps my interest.

The base smooths out to a dreamy green sandalwood with a ethereal hint of rose.

Though I do like the final result...I find it just a little too masculine for some strange reason...and I hate having to 'ride out' the badly blended lemon..

L: High
S: Moderate/Low

K1
K1

First class composition shouts from distance. This is designed by the son of great Edmond Roudnitska. Michel has approached the perfume world so late and left it early but during his career, his creations approve he is a genius with keen sense of smell and aesthetics, all naturally and by instinct.

Shiloh is a number one creation. Flawless, rich incense, green woody, dry rose, lush patchouli, sweet smoky, enchanting, lux and full of natural nuances showing up humility. This is by far the best and the most complete patchouli rose combination out there.
★★★★★

kfleumer
kfleumer

This is a very elegant, somewhat dry and interesting rose perfume... kept me sniffing and enjoying it for a while and deciding I'd rather smell it on a gentleman. It wasn't too strong on me, but maybe I under dosed. Yes, elegant men's rose. It's reserved style reminded me of Habit Rouge.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

The opening reminded me of a softer version of Delrae's Bois de paradis; a bit green, a bit citrus, with a gentle honey note. As it develops, the woodiness definitely comes through, a dry, clean woods, with depth and interest. A bit too dry and a bit too much of the bitter green for me to look for a FB, but definitely a lovely fragrance.

jae
jae

I'll keep it short and simple. This is my favorite rose/patch composition of all time. I haven't smelled another rose/patch fragrance that can even touch this one - and I doubt that I ever will.

mudpach
mudpach

Shiloh is already a classic of its kind, although it was put the level high as a debut fragrance: gently balances the heavy cypressy, the bomb exploding as a spicy oriental and woody fragrance notes and chords bitterly, because of this all of tree show positive side.
The citrus supporting the Damascus rose sensual patchouli and powerful almost instantly show you the power of Shiloh, which is supported by a pinch of incense smoky ethereal. The oak moss quiet but very confident character indicates a slight greenish by the green grass like flavors are supported by almost unnoticed.
Shiloh is not show surprises, long hours of fragrance scent experience offers the same as the discharge after only a soft woody notes muskly chord increases, or break up and the becomes quiet strong smoke notes. A true classic in every sense of the word.

Tovah
Tovah

Only Michel Roudnitska could have created such a sensual, evocative fragrance and make it wear like a skin scent! Shiloh is warm and multifaceted like Amoureuse (by Roudnitska), woodsy like the dreamy Bois de Paradis (also by Roudnitska), with a lovely spiciness like the vivid Noir Epices (Roudnitska). It's a refined and gentle fragrance, that smells like dusk in autumn. Shiloh isn't dramatic or bold, and I think it may be one of those scents that simply has to "work with one's chemistry", but it does work with mine, and I love it.

Cereza
Cereza

It opened very lovely with burst of incense and lemon, I must admit that it reminded me a little bit of air freshnerer, but it's ok - lemon in perfume always does this for me.

Soon after the first burst of lemon woody notes appear and it all get's more enjoyable. I start to get some kind of "wood polish" like smell, which is weird, but enjoyable. There is some disturbing "nut" note that I dislike a little bit.

At the hear the fragrance becomas a little bit sweeter and I can feel slight touches of vanilla, but it's still weirdly disturbing. I can't get over the weird wood polish scent, so I find this unwearable. And it does smell like it has too much alcohol in it. So, I'll pass.

rebella
rebella

This is such a beautiful fragrance. It´s on top of my WANTED-list. It starts with a blast of citrus lifted by aldehydes making it a little similar to Noir Epices (FM). But the opening is much brighter and also lighter... it makes me happy and curious on what to come. Seamlessly the citrus blends with soft floral notes and some dash of creamy vanilla, all of highest quality and with a vibrant feelint from start to finish line. Shiloh is a scent filled with life and joy and still very much classic, elegant and ladylike.
The basenote is such a great surpirise reminding of the classic vintage chypres, but a little softer and more modern and, on me, more easy to wear and very likeable. This is a "keyscent" helping me to understand the chypre kind of perfumes better.

A must try really, even tough I can guess that not everyone will like it.

Longlasting, good sillage, first class perfume.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Shiloh is one of the few niche perfumes that I have in my collection.
Well, overall, this scent reminds me the smell of the mixture that I did in my childhood... with leaves and petals of flowers that I put in a can with water and leave under the sun. I used to called this by "Experimental 1", "Experimental 2"...
A profusion of "old-thing-smell"... old leaves... old petals..
The staying power and the sillage is poor on my skin.

By far, I prefer Lady Shiloh than Shiloh, that remember me something of Decí-Delá, without the chypré strong side.

debbborra
debbborra

Hors La Monde may not be well known yet, but I think they will be. Both their fragrances have the same grown up vibe. Delicate. Feminine and just pure class. The patchouli note is subdued, there's no hippy attitude here. The rose and patchouli are a surprisingly nice combination.

I wrote my review at work and came home to take another sniff to confirm that I remembered everything correctly. I was wearing Shiloh today, so I could sniff myself and talk about how it smelled after 7 hours (faintly but still there.), but I wanted to be sure that I remembered the way it smells first correctly.

In spite of the order the notes are listed my first impression is the lemon and bergamot. The lemon does not stay in the foreground for very long though. And the bergamot really, I think, colors the way the rest of the notes blend as it wears on, though it's less distinct as the fragrance dries down.

The best aspects are the fine quality of the ingredients. I think this is most evident in the rose which light, not sticky or old ladyish, which I always fear with rose notes. This smells expensive. And on reflection I think the bergamot has a lot to do with the richness and the lightness of this scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hors La Monde Shiloh fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hors La Monde Shiloh, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shiloh by Hors La Monde. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shiloh by Hors La Monde represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.