Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Iris des Champs Houbigant for women

Iris des Champs Houbigant for women
dislike

yellow floral
Iris des Champs Houbigant for women Pictures Iris des Champs Houbigant for women Pictures Iris des Champs Houbigant for women Pictures Iris des Champs Houbigant for women Pictures

Iris des Champs by Houbigant is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Iris des Champs was launched in 2014. Top notes are bergamot, pink pepper, rose, lily-of-the-valley and pear; middle notes are iris, jasmine and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, amber, woody notes, vanilla and musk.

Bergamot Pink Pepper Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Pear

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang

Sandalwood Amber Woody Notes Vanilla Musk

Iris des Champs Fragrance Reviews

SirCharles
SirCharles

Not just for the ladies! Iris des Champs has one of the most breathtaking creamy/powdery iris openings I've ever smelled, leading to a classic barbershopesque woody/powdery dry down with a touch of white florals. Flawlessly smooth and angelically sophisticated, Iris des Champs will melt hearts no matter the gender of the neck on which it's sprayed. Easily the best iris scent I've ever smelled and, to me, maybe the most romantic scent of all time. For the quality, I would expect to pay a month's rent for a bottle of this stuff, but the EDP can be had for just $190 USD. If you mixed a white silk shirt, moonlight, and a lover's caress into a bottle, you would have Houbigant's Iris des Champs.

Tara1
Tara1

While out shopping a saleslady offered to spray some on me......

Within 1 hour I went back to purchased a full bottle.

I just could not resist.
Really beautiful.

ouladybird2005
ouladybird2005

I have to mention that iris has become one of my favorite notes since I have dived into my fragrance collecting and this is an elegant combination of notes. Right off the bat I smell the almost cool woodiness of the roots, maybe with a bit of dirt left on them- it's very dry. I am surprised I don't smell the spiciness of the pink pepper, the floral notes of the rose and lily of the valley or the fruitiness of the pear, it's just dry root. In the heart the combination of the ylang-ylang and jasmine (which thankfully is not overpowering) give the iris a creaminess, it brings to mind the colors of the sky when nighttime is ending and the sun is just starting to come up, shades of blue and purple and gold-tone. the base to me is heaven, I get both the vanilla and sandalwood and the iris is sticking around to, it's not cloying or to sweet- possibly the wood keeps it from going in that direction. I current have a 10 ml travel spray of this fragrance, but I would not be surprised if at some point I add a full bottle of this to my collection- it is lovely and very wearable, if you like iris pick this up!

Edee
Edee

This is a fragrance of iris roots, no doubt. What surprises me is that this has a soapy pear background. I know iris scents have a clean smell about them. What I mean is that there is a smell of pear scented soap to it. I actually like it. I smell the lily of the valley and other flowers. It does not come off as sweet, even with the fruit note there. The ylang ylang and rose notes hover in the background. I really like this. It is different from any other fragrance I have smelled. A refreshing change in an iris scent. Will go great in the spring/summer months.

christianne1
christianne1

Such a gorgeous and special fragrance. The presentation is so beautiful, you expect a lot and Iris des Champs does not disappoint. Chemistry is different as are noses but I get a LOT of rooty iris. There is clearly lily of the valley which can sometimes make a me run in the other direction but not here, it's beautiful. A very regal fragrance fit for a queen or princess. Ladylike....very prim and proper but not too cold and stuffy. Charming, magical beauty.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Iris of the Fields is a fragrance of lily of the valley and iris getting along in a verdant lush field and park where you take a leisurely stroll and have time to smell the flowers. The fragrance line Houbigant is notorious for it's flower power scents and they're Quelques Fleurs will always be their most popular and successful product. This one is a lovely iris so if you like iris as well as lily of the valley this will please you. The opening to this fragrance is both fruity fresh and peppery. A bergamot and lime scent begins the fragrance and then it quickly becomes spicy with pepper something like grass and tarragon, very evocative of a chypre. The lily of the valley begins to bloom as the fragrance enters it's middle note phase. Other florals appear and make cameos like jasmine and ylangylang. The fragrance is a green floral very pretty never powdery just more on the Diorissimo lily of the valley green scent kind of frag. It's clearly a fragrance that heralds the spring. I don 't detect any musk although everyone says this is musky towars the end to me it's mostly woodsy and sandalwood and amber. The real big note at the end is vanilla. A sweet vanilla that came out of nowhere. Gorgeous fragrance.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

On my skin IdC opens with damp greenery, not quite the scent of cut grass, more the smell on your hands after cutting flowers in the garden; chlorophyll that is bruised rather than sharp,, wet rather than crisp, and the opening accord has quite a bit of pepper (black pepper to my nose, rather than the rose scent of pink pepper). Wood is present, again, quite soft and damp. The overall feel is of a muggy morning, lacking freshness. It is a natural scent, but I wasn't sure that I found it pleasant. Throughout this phase I continued to sniff my wrists, intrigued, although uncertain.

In the heart, the white musk is forward, and the scent is distinctly soapy. Drier than the opening, with just a touch of the LoV, perhaps a hint of rose? And ylang ylang is sweetly present. While more pleasant than the opening accord, this phase is far less interesting, and bears a striking resemblance to Dove soap.

The dry down brings forth the jasmine and rose. The scent has continued to lighten in tone. There is an undercurrent that I can only describe as foggy purple- not deep, not dark, a midtone that is undefined, but quite "perfumey".

I don't detect any orris root (iris butter), which is one of my favorite notes. To me, this smells like an artificial, floral, iris equivalent. Given the price per flacon I find this very disappointing. Vanilla is apparent in this stage, lightly present. White musk is still front and center.

I find IdC to be a safe work wear scent, good longevity, demure but noticeable sillage. Because of the strong soapy scent, this is definitely unisex.

I obtained 3 sample vials, and will not purchase a full bottle. I doubt that I will use all 3 samples. I can see applying it again to experience the opening accord, or to freshen up in an emergency. But overall this scent lacks personality. I expected more from Houbigant, particularly at these prices! Please do not blind buy the FB. TEST first!

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

You can also buy it as a 100ml extrait for around $415 US. Check out ausliebezumduft.de

Marianne Wynn
Marianne Wynn

I have been sampling and wearing purple flower perfumes for the last several weeks. So far I have sampled or worn Chanel 28 La Pausa, Hermes Hiris, FM Iris Poudre, Heely Iris de Nuit, of those I especially love the 28 La Pausa and the Hiris, but the Houbigant Iris des Champs is the ONE, perhaps it is the addition of the sandalewood and pear, the Ylang, the vanilla, or the bergamot, I am not sure. What I do know that the Iris is not buried in fluffy powder and that on and around me it sings!! I have found my Iris.

TibbieMom
TibbieMom

Simply put, this is a gorgeous, powdery iris. There's enough greenery to keep it interesting and not too sweet. The longevity is good - at least 8 hours on me. Sillage is moderate, even with one spritz. I can see this being a sillage monster with more than one spray. Definitely one of my new faves.

LANIER
LANIER

Yesterday October 11th I had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time with Michal Gizinski and Hilary Randal at the Houbigant launch at Neiman Marcus San Francisco of the gorgeous new scent Iris des Champ.

The presentation of the eau de perfume and the essential Parfum was beautifully arranged with Iris and the stunning bottles and boxes. The royal blue and yellow are the colors and on the inside of the wonderful box and along the inside purple and yellow irises are the theme of the design.

I did get to sample the eau de perfume at the San Francisco Perfume Salon dinner last week and it was wonderful to smell it again yesterday as Michal and Hilary took be through the journey of the Iris.

Iris is one of the most expensive ingredients in perfume because it is so difficult to extract the scent from the flower. Well in truth the fragrance is extracted from the root of the flower called rhizomes, not the flower itself. At harvesting there is barely any scent at all from the rhizomes. They are carefully unearthed cleaned and cut by hand, then dried in the sun. After this first drying process they are placed in cloth bags for further drying and aging. This stage takes three years after which they are distilled into a butter like form called beurre d’iris. Only then does the wonderful note of Iris emerge to enchant and captivate the nose. The entire process takes up to 5 years to complete from planting to the creation of the beurre. Now we move on to the creation of the perfume which in and of itself is a very time consuming process.

Iris des Champ opens with a hint of bergamot, a light rose, accompanied by muted notes of lily of the valley that ring softly and lovely in the background as they are joined by a few shakes of pink pepper. This is all very brief and subtle like a flourish of muted French horns announcing the arrival of Le Roi Iris étincelant.

The king Iris enters from the very beginning of the perfume and with his court of beauties in attendance, Jasmine and ylang ylang. He shines from a throne of sandalwood and amber, as he holds court over the skin in magisterial beauty. In the later part of his reign, the dry down is a beautiful blend of vanilla that creams the sandalwood and amber and mellows into a sleepy slumber on a woody bed laid over with a soft duvet of musk.

Iris is a magnificent note that is often found in women’s perfumes but always to me gives them a cool austere masculine strength. And lately it has made an appearance in men’s fragrance such as Dior Homme. This note like the blue fire from the moon in “She” burns cold and does not consume but rather gives an immortal grandeur and life to a perfume. It is often called the powedery cool blonde of the perfume world when the note is included in a perfume of a feminine bent. In point of fact Hilary found in her encounter with Iris des Champs and scent image of the inside of Grace Kelly’s Hermes bag that she carried on the day she steamed into the harbor of Monaco to marry Prince Rainier. Yes I too see that, a hint of leather that one often gets from Iris. It gives this perfume strength and authority with out overpowering its beauty. Yes there is a powdery aspect to it but gentleman isn’t it time to embrace the powder. It is after all a staple of the barbershop experience.

Iris des Champs, which translates to filed of iris is the perfect perfume for any woman of elegant sophistication who posses an air of grace and élan. Or any young lady who aspires to project those attributes. And for men?

The baritone beauty of Johnny Hartman singing “Unforgettable” comes to mind when I smell this perfume and in that song I find one last image. Kelly Lord and Daniel Taggart are floating across a moonlit terrace in the South of France in an effortless foxtrot that leads to a kiss under the stars. In their search for the lost city of Mjal Eeyrys they found an unexpected match in each other. And in the iris blue morning while she sleeps, he finds her bottle of Iris des Champ and smiles. As he sprays it on his sunburned chest, he too becomes, unforgettable.

Iris des Champs ~ Five Platinum Stars *****

(To find out the rest of the story about Kelly Lord and Daniel Taggart and this Perfume check out my blog Scents Memory)

hunterblu
hunterblu

Iris/Orris is my absolute favourite note in fragrance (just look at my top five!) and I am always on the hunt for new Iris fragrances to wear and share with the world around me.

I love all types of Iris fragrances, Hermessence Iris Ukiyoé, Prada Infusion d'Iris/d'Homme, James Heeley Iris de Nuit, Frederic Malle Iris Poudre, Hermes Hiris, Narciso Rodriguez Musc For Him EDP Intense, Serge Leutens Iris Silver Mist and Dior Homme Intense are all in constant rotation. From powdery or soapy to fresh and floral to green or wet to earthy, dusty and rooty to waxy or lipstick/makeup, Iris is an endlessly fascinating note with so many nuances that can be played up to take an Iris based juice in any number of directions and I seem to love every one of them. Always happy to see pink peppercorn, sandalwood and amber in an Iris fragrance (although my absolute favourite notes to combine with Iris are galbanum, violet leaf and/or flower, narcisse/daffodil/jonquil and incense/smokey notes).

This does sound promising and I am pleased that they chose the floral notes that they did but left them to act as "elements of internal structure or light, rather than external decorations".

This sounds lovely and has already been added to my test list. Very much looking forward to this.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Houbigant Iris des Champs fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Houbigant Iris des Champs, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Iris des Champs by Houbigant. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Iris des Champs by Houbigant represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.