Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Quelques Fleurs Royale Houbigant for women
dislike

honey
tuberose

Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant is a Floral fragrance for women. Quelques Fleurs Royale was launched in 2004. Top notes are sicilian bergamot and grapefruit; middle notes are white mimosa honey, indian tuberose, moroccan rose and egyptian jasmine; base notes are sandalwood, amber, orris root and white musk.

Sicilian Bergamot Grapefruit

Miss Dupont

Quelques Fleurs Royale Fragrance Reviews

delilahcat
delilahcat

I recently sampled this perfume and have been doing my homework trying to figure this one put! First off, it doesn't actually have honey in the ingredients/notes list on the houbigant website. Sorry to be a downer but it just isn't there, and I don't smell it as honey but more bees wax.
It lists black currant and grapefruit,
jasmine rose violet tuberose and bees wax ( all absolute),
sandalwood cedar vanilla and musk.

I think I might be falling for this powdery curiously beautiful fragrance, if only I could get over the granny association with powdery notes! I'll report back with what I decide.

birsen
birsen

This is so beautiful...
I really don't have words to describe it, it is fresh but heavy at the same time, but heavy in a very good way. It's thick and intoxicating, especially love the dry down. For me it's different then anything I have, had or I tried. Strong and very long lasting, may be the longest lasting so far. I wore it at work one day and at the end of the day I could still smell it strong. I trow that shirt in my laundry basket and two days later when I was ready to do laundry, I couldn't believe, this stuff is awesome. Love it, becoming one of my favorites !!!
Edit :
I wore it for few times now, I am in love with this one, unfortunately I only have a decant of it and I really want it.
If anybody is willing to swap or sell, let me know please :)

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

this is intoxicating and thick. beautiful soft honey and tuberose. oh my goodness such a great fragrance!

queenofcups
queenofcups

i guess i arrived a bit late in my discovery of this perfume, i found it by accident in a vintage shop in the neighborhood. it swept me off my feet, so delicious and so elegant, that honey is such a classy upscale sensuality.
my intuition is taking me towards honey scents, i believe it would be a boom trend soon and my Houbigant would sure out beat any new honey floral 2014 essay

I.Z.
I.Z.

This is one of my favorite fragrances, however, it's got me a little puzzled. It smells completely different when sprayed versus daubed.
Spraying, I smell honey and very warm white flowers.
Daubing, I smell rose and jasmine, which are some of my favorite notes and what I was hoping this perfume would smell like. The dry down is honeyed rose, but still less sweet than what I get by spraying.
Either way it's a beautiful, classy scent, but I wish I could get the same notes spraying than daubing as the latter tends to be potentially messier!

sandrajj

OMG, you guys nailed it!! Nordstrom zipped this to my front door this afternoon, and this frag is just incredible!! I've only spritzed one wrist, so far--that was around 1 hour ago, and I'm getting heavy rose and grapefruit, and the most deliciously sweet white (?) flowers and honey. There is also a hint of spice. This is a bouquet of pure femininity, seems I could enjoy this in any season--it's very classy and young.
I'm in love (did I mention the BOX?? Just gorgeous. And I love the retro bottle and pink juice.)

sandrajj

Just ordered this Online from Nordstrom--I hope this expensive juice is as good as the hype here in Frangrantica!! For $150 I expect it to be quite good...
To be continued, soon as it's delivered...

lia78
lia78

If anyone can remember gucci accenti, this smells very similar to it. It really has a 90's flavor to it. It actually smells like all other amber and powdery perfume. There is more sweetness to this than floral notes. Which makes this so much more appealing to the modern woman. It may come across as a classic fragrance, but it is also wearable and bearable even to the most sensitive nose. It has a discreet scent which places it on my conservative list.

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

I love honey, but cannot smell it here. Tested several times at Nordstrom "Quelques Fleurs Royale" and "Quelques Fleurs"on both my wrists. The first impression was nice for both of them - jasmine and violets. After 5 minutes the smell on both my wrists was unbearable - musty as the air in antiquity store. Old, moldy, musty. I wanted so bad to wash it off but kept it for several hours. Both smells were flat and quite unpleasant. I wish so much to be able to smell what everyone smells in this classic perfume, the rich bouquet of notes, especially the honey and citrus...

In love again
In love again

This was the last perfume I tried at the perfume counter after almost killing my nose by smelling too many things at nordstroms. I saved it for last because it was in the most uncool looking grandma style bottle I had ever seen, and was by a brand I didn't know. I hate to even say it, but the style of the bottle looked like the kind of thing used by the unworldly, over 60 corwd who had no idea that chic niche perfume bottles stopped looking like this in the 1960s.
But Wow, Even though I could hardly smell anything at that moment, I realized it was a good perfume; I got the decant and took it home.
Now I am home I smell the warmest honey and perhaps a little paprika spice circled around the flowers. This is not a screechy chemical floral. It is also nothing like modern spicy designer style stuff that is so everwhere these days (Spicebomb, anyone?) This is warm, warm, warm. Yum. I will by a bottle. Sometimes being out of touch and left in the past really is a good thing, (even though this was created in 2004) because it allows you to "origional" in the most over-used sense of the word. Grandma is the new black.

sissu
sissu

Lets face it. When it comes to honey in perfume Quelques Fleurs Royale does it to perfection.

This is just the most perfectly beautiful warm honey floral with a drydown that is simply to die for. 'Classy' I believe is the word that comes to mind. A modern take on a vintage classic. Still has a vintage vibe to it which sets it apart from the watered down generic modern day perfume, but it still translates perfectly to the current generation and does not deviate too far from the norm. It is very relatable and likeble while holding on to that special something. Longevity and sillage are amazing to say the least. This would be the perfect signature scent for those women who like to set themselves apart from the rest (which lets be honest, who doesn't?), as this is a well hidden gem. Makes you feel like you share a special little secret with a few chosen ones.

Oh, and the packaging (which I rarely mention or even care about.,,normally). Well QFR's packaging deserves to be mentioned, as it is so beautifully retro!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Here in Los Angeles, it is a Mexican tradition to eat fruits and vegetables seasoned with the juice of Mexican limes, salt, and chile powder. You dice mango, pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, green melon, cucumber, and jicama then season it. Until recently, I never fully appreciated it. Sweet fruit, in my mind, should be eaten plainly. Now, I get it. Adding the lime and chile brings out another dimension in the fruit, it makes the sweet taste sweeter.

The same can be said of this perfume. It has fruit notes whose sweetness is enhanced by the lime and, and together they encircle the flowers that seem to be floating in honey.
I feel like a scene from a vintage movie! It's as though I am eating my fruit while wearing a vintage lace negligee next to a tub filled with candles, honey, and white flowers floating on top.

I bought this because I read somewhere that it's Dita Von Teese's signature fragrance and I am a huge fan of hers and vintage, in general, and I'm totally totally in love!!! This blows away at least 98% of my collection. I think I've found my second signature fragrance at last, next to my beloved vintage Chanel No 5. This is everything I want in a fragrance and more.

Orange_blossom
Orange_blossom

This is a sweet, beautiful, soft honey floral that will brighten your day, even if it's already sunny outside. I get more baby powder and no citrus or berry as others mention. Perhaps a bit of allspice or tea rose too

kabelaced
kabelaced

I found this to be much nicer smelling than the original Quelques Fleurs. It does not smell quite so "vintage."

The scent on one's skin is moderate in strength, and bursting - bursting - with flowers. Very spring-y, and yet there is an underlying slight powder that gives this perfume a royal elegance.

Personally not for me, but if you love smelling like hundreds of bouquets of fragile white flowers, you will not be disappointed by this perfume!

Chickenboo
Chickenboo

"Quelques Fleurs Royale EdP"

Top Notes:
Blackcurrant, Grapefruit

Middle Notes:
Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute, Violet, Tuberose Absolute, Beeswax Absolute

Base Notes:
Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Musk

Yeah, I am aware that some major high-falutin' perfume heavies have thrown shade on this fragrance. Big deal. The first time I wore Quelques Fleurs Royale was at a (Merle Haggard, Amos Lee,) Bob Dylan concert in NYC. The concert was okay. But the fragrance was unforgettable! And I still wear Quelques Fleurs Royale.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is quite a nice floral perfume. I have to agree it is mostly all about honey, tubrose and rose. It is all-out vintage style. Exquisite, high class feminine perfume.
I thank the wonderful person who sent me a sample in a recent ebay purchase...it has been a real treat today! I really love this velvety powdery floral and look forward to purchasing a bottle come spring.;)

And I do get that faint lipstick note that just makes this heavenly;)

dgott
dgott

Quelques Fleurs Royale is my signature fragrance...but, by default. I wanted to like the original Quelques made in 1912...but the green, was, well too green, sometimes it was marvelous, and sometimes for me it was grassy green off old vintage yuk...then, I tried Quelques Fleurs Royale..I am stopped by men and women alike and they "Want!!!" that parfum, a Col. in Lebanese, military stopped me for this to buy for his wife... my Doctors nurse staff all wanted this...it is a gorgeously feminine floral. It is a departure from the usual Chypre for me, (Sisley Eau de Soir for winter is another exception). It is more young than its predecessor, more like a princess, royal scent; soft, not overpowering, long sillage, resulting in an ambush of people wanting the name of this...@145.00 a pop, it is not cheap. Feminine, Floral, sophisticated and only at Neiman Marcus.

Hamed90
Hamed90

This is so underrated! Such an amazing scent! Beautiful rose and honey! I want to get this but I'm not sure if I should as it smells feminine..

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Oh what a find this is! Without looking at the notes, I get delightful light pink flowers with honey-cream sauce drizzled on top. Powdery beauty with a distinct lipstick accord. Longevity is remarkable; at least 5 hours and counting. Projects minimally so one has to get close to be rewarded with its aroma. Guaranteed to smell different than anybody else and absolutely full bottle worthy for me!

SandraV
SandraV

Oh I wish I could wear this:such a beautiful,honeyed floral.I love the bottle and the box is so pretty.Unfortunately I sneezed as soon as I took the cap off and it only got worse once I sprayed it.I gifted it to someone else in the end..so disappointing.It is a gorgeous fragrance and you are lucky if you can wear it.Sigh.

dannysmom
dannysmom

Wow. I cannot say enough good things about this perfume. Even my husband made a comment about how good I smell, and he usually doesn't notice my fragrances. I get a very distinctive honey note, with some amber/vanilla. It is described as a floral, but I wouldn't call it that. Instead it's a delicious, sweet, yet grown-up scent that makes me think of autumn. I would buy this in a second (I have a sample), if it wasn't for the $150.00 price. However, I will make many hints for mothers day. I only wish they had a lotion available at Nordstroms too.

olga1780

One of my favourite honey note fragrances. Very warm, rich, and smooth...extremely rounded composition, no rough edges or sharp angles that stand out. I don't find it overly sweet ,just the right amount of sweetness amidst the floral bouquet. Lasts for a long time with a great sillage, but not as powerful as the original.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

powdery white flowers with a very soapy honeydripped rose and a soft ambery-earthy base. still sweet. honey is detectable through the whole composition.
a unmodern classic perfume. can see zsasza gabor or sophia loren wearing it very nicely. nice but not a must have for me. suits woman 50+

talnyc
talnyc

I was given a sample from Bergdorf Goodman as it was highly touted, but for me, it is very powdery. The sandalwood, rose and black currant is what I noticed first. It then dries down to a vanilla, amber with a hint of musk scent. It is nice, but I would not buy it as it is too powdery due to the sandalwood and I do not like the vanilla/amber dry down. I am not a lover of vanilla fragrances.

olga1780

I am simply speechless about this one...my nose is in total bliss from its beauty. This os one of the few perfumes that I would willingly pay the full price for without chasing bargains.

I think the fans of classics like Cassini, Apercu,Jardines de Bagatelle will truly enjoy it.

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

This is a bolder version of Karl Lagerfield's Kapsule Floriental. If you agree, and want something similar but cheaper, I'd recommend you get the Kapsule Floriental.

ineverwas
ineverwas

It's a beautiful honeyed floral, slightly gourmand and as sherapop mentioned, it has a fruity vibe to it as well which is almost edible (must be the bergamot and tuberose). It reminds me a bit of Molinard Nirmala and the more recent Mugler's Innocent, but this one is sexier, dirtier and more animalistic than both - the indolic jasmine and sensual musk bathed in delicious honey form a striking olfactive trio.

Quelques Fleurs Royale is slightly savory, slightly oriental, slightly citrusy and very feminine - it's a bit of everything and the balance it holds makes it a very versatile and wearable scent. It's an all-season, any-time-of -day kind of perfume that can easily end up as a signature scent for a very soft, feminine lady.

Until now, I have had no familiarity with Houbigant perfumes, though I was curious since the house has existed--at least in name--since before the time of Schubert! I decided to try QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE because I saw it for sale at NeimanMarcus.com and thus assumed that it must be decent, despite the fact that I have never seen Houbigant sold anywhere else but at drugstores...

QUELQUES FLEURS ROYALE opens as a somewhat nondescript fruity floral, albeit slightly more floral than fruity, and evolves into an slightly sweet orientalish drydown. The sweetness is from honey, not vanilla, as I had supposed at some points during the development. Through to the end, the honey maintains the sweetness and dominates the amber, wood, and musk notes, but this fragrance is definitely not cloyingly sweet. Instead, the barest glaze of honey causes the rose petals to shimmer ever so slightly.

Overall, I would say that QUELQUES FLEURS is a likeable if unspectacular fragrance, which should appeal to those who like honeyed florals. (I do not catch the waft of "skank" to which one reviewer refers...)

hadeel
hadeel

its smells woody with a citrus touch! the perfume is classic in its own way and is very warm..

louyse
louyse

This is a wonderful perfume!! Just perfect from top notes to end....Classy
indeed. One of Houbigant's best!!

Mals86
Mals86

(Why doesn't Houbigant do more with the bottle? It looks as cheap as the box looks lovely. Same deal with Quelques Fleurs l'Originale.)

This seems very French Parfum to me. The top notes are supposed to include blackcurrant along with bergamot and grapefruit, but I never get the currant. The bitter citrus is pleasant, especially when it begins to move into the sweet floral heart. Unfortunately for me, the jasmine here is highly indolic, and I get a lot of "eau de dirty underpants," when I try this. Since I have a low skank-tolerance, that rules out a number of occasions during which I could actually wear this fragrance: can't wear it to work, can't wear it to church, can't wear it OUT anywhere. I'm using up my samples by wearing this when I know my husband's in an amorous mood and we're staying in.

Having said that, I have to admit that this has one of the most pleasant drydowns I've ever experienced. I just don't enjoy enduring 90 minutes of skank to get to the drydown.

Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant 4.07 out of 5 based on 162 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quelques Fleurs Royale by Houbigant represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.