Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Quelques Fleurs l`Original Houbigant for women

Quelques Fleurs l`Original Houbigant for women
dislike

Quelques Fleurs l`Original Houbigant for women Pictures Quelques Fleurs l`Original Houbigant for women Pictures

Quelques Fleurs l`Original by Houbigant is a Floral fragrance for women. Quelques Fleurs l`Original was launched in 1913. The nose behind this fragrance is Robert Bienaime. Top notes are orange blossom, green notes, tarragon, bergamot, lemon and citruses; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, orchid, lilac, orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose, violet and iris; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, musk, civet, oakmoss, honey and vanilla.

Orange Blossom Green Notes Tarragon Bergamot Lemon Citruses

Carnation Tuberose Orchid Lilac Orris Root Jasmine Heliotrope Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Violet iris

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Musk Civet Oakmoss Honey Vanilla

Chelsea Flowers
So Flowers
Muguet de Bois

Quelques Fleurs l`Original Fragrance Reviews

Martaynd
Martaynd

Just bought my bottle from Neiman's today. All of your reviews were helpful and were the deciding factor for me. As this is a very complex fragrance, I will wait to write a full review until after I have lived in the fragrance for a bit.

I will share that I was first introduced to this scent by my Nords SA about 5 years ago. He was very enthusiastic as I recall about showing me this. I love fragrance. REALLY love it. I have at least 100+ bottles. I just CAN'T commit to one.

I was NOT interested in this fragrance at all!!! At all!! It smelled " of old age" to me For The short time I explored it on the store. I took the sample home and there is where it sat for all this time.

Fast forward to present day. I'm looking for a floral without the gourmand. Have enough of them. Wanted a signature fragrance, for summer that was very floral. Did an internet search and Quelques Fleurs popped up. I read. And read. I had NO idea of the history of this perfume. I read your reviews here and saw the overwhelming response in its favor. So I figured I must have missed something and needed to reconsider. Pulled out the sample applied. The initial musty, sharpness hit me right away and I thought you guys are crazy. I waited and within the hour it began to evolve. I agree with many of you that the dry down takes a bit long to get to ,but unlike some of you, I think it is worth the wait.

I asked people to smell it. Everyone said floral. That was a good sign. Everyone said it was pretty. That was another positive. I kept wanting to sniff my arm and I was never displeased. And the fantastic things you all said, I could relate to. So, the only thing I can say right now is that my nose is pleased. Have to wait to see if emotions develop. Like a guy I just met and find attractive and want to spend more time with him, but don't know where this will lead.

Bronte
Bronte

I grew up smelling this perfume because my Mother wore it all the time. Fast forward many years to when I bought my first bottle. It`s a perfume I matured into and even though the modern version differs from the one my Mother wore, there is still enough of the original in it to evoke a love for it.
Its a flower bouquet in a bottle and several people have asked what I`m wearing. It`s a grown up scent and one you have to learn to appreciate. I did.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I did not have the usual experience with this scent it seems.

It opened VERY soapy with green notes. No florals. After a moment I got some lily-of-the-valley and I think Jasmine. It was VERY, VERY sharp. I sometimes have a problem with white florals getting sharp on me. This scent followed that pattern.

After a few hours the sharpness faded and it became a lovely white floral. Very beautiful. However I just don't want to wait through a couple of hours through the sharp phase to get to the loveliness of the drydown.

Really big Sillage and Great longevity.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

This was a blind buy based on Fragrantica reviews and the fact that Princess Diana wore this on her wedding day. I have only one word exquisite. I have moved away from florals, as I am not quite the floral loving lady I once was. My first love is now spice and woody fragrances oriental chypres. This is beautiful and my summertime signature fragrance. When wearing this I feel like a princess. Please Houbigant: NEVER. STOP. MAKING. THIS. AND ABOVE ALL PLEASE. DO. NOT. EVER. I MEAN EVER. REFORMULATE. THIS.

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

What a beautiful fragrance.
It was a blind buy for me, as I had read of Princess Diana wearing this on her wedding day and I really wanted to try it, but I could not find any sample. I was quite daring with my purchase!
It is truly the most feminine perfume ever.
It smells like tons of the most fragrant flowers, and the bit of civet among the base notes (which usually annoys me) is so well blended that it does not bother me at all.
The longevity is good on me, more than 4 hours, I only wish it could be more!
It makes me feel like a queen when I wear it and I got compliments about it on the very first day I tried it on. I am very happy about it!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Quelques Fleurs l'Original is utterly magnificent.

As many reviewers have stated, it's what Princess Diana wore on her wedding day, and that is exactly the image this perfume conjures up in my mind. It's beautiful. It makes me feel important, like royalty, and so very feminine and dainty. I decided to wear this out today, Saturday, while wearing sweat pants and a tank, and this fragrance has made me feel absolutely stunning, regardless of how sloppy I look.

It's a perfect blend of flowers, just so that I can't foresee this ever giving me a headache.

It reminds me a lot of Jivago 24k, another favorite of mine.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

This perfume is a classic. It is still very high quality and a very natural well blended floral. I did not put a lot on this morning but it is quite strong and gets stronger as the day warms up. I should imagine it attracts bees in the summer..
If it was cheaper I would buy it. But although it is very lovely it is not quite special enough for me to splash out the kind of cash it costs even on discount sites.

BTW I cannot imagine this on a man. It is about the most feminine scent I have ever smelled.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Acidnbase, the answer is YES!

Normally I don't appreciate florals on men, but in this case there is sufficient oakmoss and greenery to merit the description of 'soapy'. If a fragrance smells of good, old fashioned soap, ANYONE can wear it!

There are some who will argue that a floral like this reminds them so strongly of their grandmother, it couldn't be butch enought for the typical male. But I strongly believe a little layering would immediately change their negative impressions to nods of approval. Something like a traditional oud or men's cologne might layer better with these florals than they could possibly imagine.

Try Quelques Fleurs ( as a for - instance ) with Jovan's Intense Oud or Jovan's Sex Appeal. THEN see what happens!!!

acidnbase
acidnbase

just asking the ladies here, can a man pull this off? with these tons of floral notes, would it be suitable for the gents as well?

Yohji
Yohji

Just like many other people I was drawn to Houbigant QF because of Princess Diana. You can't help yourself here with association. After Catty's review I couldn't wait to smell it any longer.
I Am not a floral type of girl but it is not “just a common floral fragrance”. It is magnificent Perfume, a potion, that you have found in the middle of the meadows. My sample states: "It is the perfume that changed all flower fragrances forever".
Its incredibly natural and refined, very feminine and charming. I was expecting strong retro, maybe cloying significant burst. I also expected "just appreciate it and say "hi" feeling. But I have got delicate and unforgettable mixture of Nature and I can not let it go.
The woman who wears Houbigant Quelques Fleurs l`Original is not walking, she is soaring softly with hidden smile. Exquisite!

Catty
Catty

My sample just arrived and it´s HEAVEN!!!!!

Beautiful Floral from the beginning until the end! really very very classy and rich!

In my Skin, it stays a very fresh happy Bouquet until the very end.

It´s similar to "eau de givenchy".

I looooveee it! I will order it for sure!

Cocoagogo
Cocoagogo

Big, boisterous and definitely floral, but a little cloying. I can't quite put my finger on the note that puts me off, but it's very prominent. Could be captivating on the right person, but not for me.

Gorgeous in the bottle, tester strip and after a 3 hour dry down. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience for that.

evesoho
evesoho

Does anyone remember how the story of Heidi goes? The wan young character is sent to the alps to live with her reclusive grandfather, and becomes enlivened by the alpen air? The climax of the story is when Heidi's sick friend Clara comes to visit her on the mountain in the summer, and becomes inspired to walk without her wheelchair. When I was a little girl this story gave me joy, and I would picture a quaint little mountain with goats and fresh flowers and grass *that I swore I could smell*.

I had an unopened sample of Quelques Fleurs sitting in a box on my bedside table for months. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was an old fuddy-duddy fume so I avoided testing it out. I got into bed last night already half-asleep then decided to reach over and try it. Being sleepy I accidentally spilled most of the vial on my wrist. Suddenly I bolted upright! I leapt right out of bed! In the mirror a moment later I caught sight of a big smile on my face. I was 6 years old again, acting out the moment when Clara finds her legs and Heidi shouts for joy:

"You can walk now, Clara, you can walk!" Clara still held on firmly to her supports, but with every step she felt safer on her feet, as all three became aware, and Heidi was beside herself with joy. "Now we shall be able to come up here together every day, and go just where we like; and you will be able all your life to walk about as I do, and not have to be pushed in a chair, and you will get quite strong and well. It is the greatest happiness we could have had!" And Clara heartily agreed, for she could think of no greater joy in the world than to be strong and able to go about like other people, and no longer to have to lie from day to day in her invalid chair. They had not far to go to reach the field of flowers, and could already catch sight of the cistus flowers glowing gold in the sun. As they came to the bushes of the blue bell flowers, with sunny, inviting patches of warm ground between them, Clara said, "Mightn't we sit down here for a while?" This was just what Heidi enjoyed, and so the children sat down in the midst of the flowers, Clara for the first time on the dry, warm mountain grass, and she found it indescribably delightful. Around her were the blue flowers softly waving to and fro, and beyond the gleaming patches of the cistus flowers and the red centaury, while the sweet scent of the brown blossoms and of the fragrant prunella enveloped her as she sat. Everything was so lovely! so lovely! And Heidi, who was beside her, thought she had never seen it so perfectly beautiful up here before, and she did not know herself why she felt so glad at heart that she longed to shout for joy. Then she suddenly remembered that Clara was cured; that was the crowning delight of all that made life so delightful in the midst of all this surrounding beauty. Clara sat silent, overcome with the enchantment of all that her eye rested upon, and with the anticipation of all the happiness that was now before her. There seemed hardly room in her heart for all her joyful emotions, and these and the ecstasy aroused by the sunlight and the scent of the flowers, held her dumb. Peter also lay among the flowers without moving or speaking, for he was fast asleep. The breeze came blowing softly and caressingly from behind the sheltering rocks, and passed whisperingly through the bushes overhead. Heidi got up now and then to run about, for the flowers waving in the warm wind seemed to smell sweeter and to grow more thickly whichever way she went, and she felt she must sit down at each fresh spot to enjoy the sight and scent.
- from 'Heidi' by Johanna Spyri, 1880

For the interest of strict perfume reviewing, I'd like to add that this reminds me a bit of Molinard by Molinard in its vigour and freshness, although Molinard is less animalic, less complex, and has an edgier green "bite". For this reason I don't wear it in the winter, but I would wear Quelques Fleurs. Molinard is one of my favourite perfumes, but it isn't as deeply wrought, enchanting or sublime as Quelques Fleurs.

Scentmama
Scentmama

Back in 1988 when I graduated from High School my dear Uncle travelled from out of town to attend. He gifted me with a large bottle of Quelques Fleur and I fell in LOVE! It was my signature scent and when I ran out I went to Nordstrom to buy a bottle. Needless to say I went in to sticker shock as a struggling college student. I applied for a Nordstrom card just so I could buy this perfume that I so longed for. Fast forward...2014...I still love this fragrance! It is timeless!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Princess Diana wore this on her wedding day and that tells the whole story about the perfume really - you could be forgiven for thinking this is an 80s perfume because it is quite powerful and old-fashioned (in a nice way) smelling.

It smells white and lacey like Diana's dress and it smells royal and English. I agree with one of the reviews that says it smells like expensive soap. Diana must have felt so beautiful in this fragrance because - if it suits - it mingles with the chemistry of your skin and radiates beautifully.

Hence, I wear this when I want to smell lacey and old-fashioned (in a nice way) or in the spring when I go through my floral phases.

LB152
LB152

If Quelques Fleurs was a woman, she would be subtle and sophisticated with refined taste and an eye for quality. She'd be intelligent, self-assured and completely comfortable with her femininity -- using it to her advantage whenever necessary. Her signature style - soft warm cashmere sweaters with glimpses of expensive lace-trimmed silk camisoles in winter/fall; and delicate flowy dresses that caress her curves in spring and summer. Her hair would be some sort of romantic tousled style that falls seductively over her right eye to complement her mysterious allure which makes overt flirting unnecessary. Instead of making advances, she knows how to flash a gentle and playful smile that gives any guy the cue to take charge and do the rest.

Quelques Fleaurs is a timeless delicate beauty not intended for the faint at heart and requires a true perfume lover to fully appreciate its complexity. Quelques Fleurs is extremely sophisticated and can initially come across as really difficult to understand -- but with a little patience it relaxes to reveal a beautiful floral bouquet of rose, tuberose, carnation and violet -- followed by musk, amber and civet which gives QF a romantic and alluring quality that is completely irresistible without being too pushy.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Quelques Fleurs L’Original by Houbigant
I was the star of my own movie filmed in the French countryside. Patrick was a native of Nice and was delighted to put me on the back of his vespa and show me the sights. I saw fields of lavender in bloom. I saw the ancient town of Eze with the quaint cobblestone streets and picturesque houses. I saw all the elegantly dressed gamblers in Monte Carlo at the casino. We took the vespa to the top of a grassy mountain, overlooking the coast and the beautiful sky blue water glistening in the sunshine. We spread a blanket out on a field of flowers and had a picnic of fresh French bread, brie, and a bottle of red wine. It was the perfect day in Nice, one of the best first dates of my life, like the final scene in a romantic comedy with a happy ending.

This perfume is that memory in a bottle. It smells of fresh greenery and wild flowers. It’s a super feminine composition that gives a nod to vintage florals, but smells timeless and fresh. I have this one and Quelques Fleurs Royale, which are both favorites. The Royale has honey base note that makes me melt, while this has a green top note that makes me want to frolic in a field of flowers. Both are exceptionally beautiful. This one is the perfect spring scent. I also own vintage Houbigant Demi Jour, which smells like something Dorothy would have worn in her gingham dress, skipping down the yellow brick road. This company seems to specialize in the romantic fresh floral bouquet fragrances that smell like wild flowers picked on a sunny day in the countryside. I am a fan! Thank you, Houbigant.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Quelque Fleurs is a classic that should be in every floral lover's perfume repertoire. The opening notes are fresh lemon and grass, followed by an exquisite blend of carnation, lily of the valley, and orchid. I don't notice any civet or musk with the drydown--only a hint of moss. Sillage is moderate and longevity is better than average (about 4+ hours). Very sophisticated and elegant...it's no surprise that Princess Diana selected Quelque Fleurs for the 1981 royal wedding :-)

StarMagix
StarMagix

I smelled this first time at Nordstrom's counter, walked around with it on my hand for a while and before I could leave the store, I had to have a sample. It only takes a little so my generous sample has lasted me over two weeks now. I love this fragrance! It is so classy and uptown on myself. It makes me feel so important when I have it on. I feel as though I am a lady of means if that makes any sense at all. I wore this with my leather coat and it was amazing together. I wore this with my finest cardigan and it was still wonderful. This fragrance last and last. I won't go over the notes as they are listed here but I will say that it's sister fragrance Quelques Fleurs has a stronger smell of Tuberose and more of the Floral comes to the surface. I really love this scent and can't wait to afford my own large bottle of them both!

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

I've read all these beautiful, flowery reviews dedicated to this old girl and I could not disagree more. I saw it today at Nordstrom and thought "Oh! I should smell this." Instead I got punched in the nose. Someone wrote that it takes 15,000 flowers to make this scent. They all hit me at once and I literally recoiled. It's just too much for this 21st century girl.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Lovely floral -- the green notes are strong in the opening. They do a great job of lifting the floral notes and helping them project. The floral mix is well blended so nothing dominates the other but you can still smell each one. What a beautiful classic floral.

flamingjune5dwj
flamingjune5dwj

Beautiful!

I just received this as a gift in the solid perfume compact form - and it smells divine. I'm not sure how much it differs from the liquid formulation, but what I have is a beautiful creamy floral, so well blended.

I find it to be one of the hardest perfumes to describe, it smells to me at once familiar and also so unlike anything else I have smelled. It is rich but not overwhelming. I immediately get the florals - lily of the valley, rose, lilac, and a bit of jasmine especially. A little amber and honey mixing together with a hint of vanilla. I don't get a lot of citrus or green notes, but I think perhaps I would get them more in the EDP.

I can't speak much to longevity or sillage - in the solid form it seems to stay pretty close to the skin, but I can smell it lingering on my wrists for hours.

This has really piqued my curiosity now for the other fragrances by this historic perfumer. You can safely bet that I will have the EDP of this and perhaps one other from Houbigant quite soon.

I recommend this to anyone who loves florals or who is looking something special.

Kewl Breez
Kewl Breez

I wanted to like this so much, as I'm a fan of classic perfumes, but whenever I put this on I find it really annoying. Maybe just my skin chemistry or whatever. For me, it's just too many elements at once, which makes it muddy and not at all fresh. Maybe I'll go back to it in a few months ...

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

I love honey, but cannot smell it here. Tested several times at Nordstrom "Quelques Fleurs Royale" and "Quelques Fleurs"on both my wrists. The first impression was nice for both of them - jasmine and violets. After 5 minutes the smell on both my wrists was unbearable - musty as the air in antiquity store. Old, moldy, musty. I wanted so bad to wash it off but kept it for several hours. Both smells were flat and quite unpleasant. I wish so much to be able to smell what everyone smells in this classic perfume, the rich bouquet of notes, especially the honey and citrus...

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Ageless and Timeless - a true classic!

This is a fabulous floral fragrance. It is extremely complex and has an air of sophistication that a lot of other florals do not have. This is very well done. I have always loved this.

This is distinctive, I would have people compliment me and say that they knew that they had smelled this before, but were just not sure where. I received a lot of compliments on this one, from both men and women.

It has good silage - and can be a bit strong and heavy. I preferred Beautiful by Estee Lauder over this as my signature fragrance, because it was less heavy and intrusive. However, I really love this fragrance! It is truly a Masterpiece!

antfarm
antfarm

One of the best florals I have ever smelled, and I'm not even all that crazy for flowery scents.

This fine lady starts out a little sharp and overly floral--if I was only judging this by a paper strip or a first sniff, I'd be put off. Then about 30 minutes later I am left with the loveliest, potent-yet-gentle, feminine, eyelash-fluttering powdery floral.

While it does have a retro, fancy, powder-puffs-sitting-on-a-vanity feel, I'd say it smells enough like skin washed with expensive soap to be timeless and appropriate for just about any age group or event.

suhaesa
suhaesa

its enough to say that it was made in 1913..its simply a master piece..a perfumers perfume ..a must smell ! so fresh.. alive.. beautiful ..full ..classy.. sexy.. elegant.. yet its a real perfume.. i think this is how perfumes should smell like.. natural.. flowery ..i am not crazy about certain flowers.. or sole flowers but the combination here is mesmerising ..it literally opens the alveoli in your lungs.. and opens your veins.. and you can actually see better.. or even think better.. i feel life running through my veins.. every time i spray this.. so aromatic.. citrus y just a tinsh..though enough to awaken every cell in your being.. underneath a garden of duchess flowers ..made with love and passion.. yes i have to be careful from such perfumes.. as for me i have a very sensitive gi system and sometimes i cant take such immense white florals or tuberose.. especially on an empty stomach or early in the morning..i can layer this or just one or 2 sprays late at night after a shower..or on clothing for weekend outings.. smells fresh.. clean.. and happy..oh yes its a happy perfume ..it reminds me of all the classics from the house of caron ..still pure.. and virgins.. and true to their essence..nothing synthetic.. or over complicated ..just a perfect harmony of notes and accords that sing together in Ecstasy..
it reminds me abit of estee lauder estee has that same freshness cleaness crispiness..punginess..greenness..and aliveness..

perfume ratting 4.7 out 5
bottle ratting 4.4 out 5
100 ml edp eu de perfume vapouriser
my personal liking ratting 4.5 out 5

artsyrn
artsyrn

I love how this projects and lasts and lasts! The rose in this is amazing, melded with heady flowers, something smokey, and mild, kind of dirty green notes that do not overpower me like some green accords can. ( I am not usually not a fan of overly green frags as they give me migraines!) I wore this the other day and was in love with how unusual and complex it felt and at the same time how grounded and feminine it made me feel. This is very strong juice, which I adore in my fragrances. This is like bright sunshine or strong coffee. Something to celebrate really.

Thank you my sweet Sherapop!

skinny gumbo
skinny gumbo

I'm a cleaning lady. One of the wonderful pleasures of my job is being able tower and smell so many fragrances I never even would have known existed. I had two sisters as clients that both wore this. I loved it so much.when one told me it was only at Sachs and would cost at least $150, I felt really sad. Then Christmas came and they bought me a bottle! Quelques is so beautiful and lovely. It makes me happy just being in it's presence. I still have the bottle and smell the cap and atomizer. Love Quelques Fleuers so so much.

serchina
serchina

Quelques Fleurs l`Original is absolutely lovely..Full of multicolored flowers like a real garden..Stunning, a real masterpiece. I cant even find the right words for this beauty..Green rose..lilac..lily of the valley. Super feminine and elegant. A little sweet but definitely not annoying. One of the best florals out there and my favorite.
I wanna add that the green note & flowers became creamy rather than sharp after 10 min.

gmstrack
gmstrack

Quelques Fleurs l`Original by Houbigant is a gilded time machine. With a single spray, one is transported to a Victorian flower garden (or at least what I think is a Victorian flower garden). Here is my impression: flowers punch you in the face and then continue to do so for a few hours. The enormous bouquet is green with a soapy aspect; I’m mostly picking up lily of the valley, rose, and lilac. The citrus adds a touch of bright fruit at first, but quickly gives way to expose a clean musk, and of course, flowers dominate throughout. Also, there is a touch of warm honey tying the whole thing together and every now and then a little civet surfaces to remind us that furry creatures live in the garden.

Even though QFO can be a Victorian time machine, it has a timeless aspect that makes it a beautiful addition to any floral lover’s perfume collection. Also, if you are interested in vintage fragrances, but can’t stand aldehydes, QFO might be your cup of, um, fairies and elves.

Rating: 5/5 timeless classic

akats
akats

Extraordinary, marvelous, unusual....A floral perfume that makes you feel as a queen. If this edp is so beautifully romantic and sexy at the same time, I can't imagine how better the old formula was...
I still have some of it but I'm waiting my new bottle with excitement!

natural
natural

I had high hopes for this one but...all I get is soap and powder... Very long lasting and very very strong. it gives me a headache. Not one of my favourites...

It is you, Action, who deserves my gratitude! xxxooo

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice Houbigant QUELQUES FLEURS is. I certainly had no doubts that once upon a time a perfume by this name smelled wonderful, but I feared the worst from Dana in some sort of disastrous reformulation. In fact, my worries were for naught. Perhaps I should have known that my splendid perfume pal Action (who sent a bottle of QUELQUES FLEURS to me as a part of a multiswap) would only send me creations which she knew that I'd want to wear.

QUELQUES FLEURS reminds me a lot of the creations of the house of Parfums de Rosine, which may have something to do with the fact that both houses thrived in the early twentieth century. Rosine apparently went bankrupt and ceased altogether to exist for decades, while Houbigant was eventually acquired by Dana. But QUELQUES FLEURS, like the recently re-launched Rosine perfumes, captures a moment of history and is both extremely feminine and a pleasure to wear.

The cheap-o spray nozzle on my bottle for some reason has a delayed effect, so that one ends up with twice the perfume on that one intended to spray, and my initial reaction upon applying this composition was that it smelled dirty. I definitely smelled the civet, no question about that. However, then the flowers arrived by the truckloads, eventually drowning out all of the animalic quality of the opening and somehow morphing into a very appealing soapiness by the drydown. This perfume is floral from start to finish but it changes from slightly indolic-skanky smelling to soapy and clean. The transformative effect of 15,000 flowers!

To put QUELQUES FLEURS in perspective, it reminds me also of Jean-Charles Brousseau L'OMBRE ROSE. Very vintage-feeling and unapologetically feminine. My bottle is of the eau de toilette, which I imagine is some specific reformulation from a specific time. In any case, it still smells good.

Jarrah
Jarrah

super strong but nice ones used in a moderate way.

i always use it on pulse points and the spray another fresh and soft EDP on the rest of my body.

other times, i just spray it in the air and walk across the room..... naked (Don't Judge)

monamonib
monamonib

as most reviwend sos said its intense flowry but when iuse it ismelt soap with notes of lilac and like ciggrate smoke
so iwounder how it smell like that but ifound many saying its strong soaby as jelly bean said inher comment it lasts
long

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

2/04/2012- Houbigant Quelques Fleurs: Very (very) quiet, lovely, soft floral, linear, w/ moderate staying power (8 hours max) & low sillage/projection. During the 1st hour or two, sillage is literally only several inches surrounding application area. After that, scent remains for a good 8 hours, but only w/ my nose touching my wrist to inhale. In my experience, this classic is a soft, lovely, absolutely enchanting floral, however my personal preference tends toward a stronger presence of scent. I know this is a well-regarded classic, indeed the scent is quietly beautiful... Perfect for those whom prefer a come-hither, whisper of scent.

RNtobe
RNtobe

My moms signature scent..along with Panther by Cartier. I still have her bottle and some times sniff it to remember how beautifully she smelt. It is a very strong perfume but a very pretty smell.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hey, I got a mini bottle of this from my Dear Friend and I was wondering "this reminds me of something, what it is" and then BLING Estee Lauder Beautifull. ***<3<3<3***

Bandit
Bandit

I am no floral lover, but this one is quite nice. Fresh, green, innocent white flowers. Not buttery, fecal or indolic smelling. Sexy for those, who associate freshness and cleanliness with seduction.

Jellybean
Jellybean

stronger soapy floral: lilacs, lilies and musk is what i get; that and a spring bouquet of flowers:) there is also something that reminds me of sunny spring days when everything's in bloom. On the other hand, civet part scares me, not sure if i want to think of it when wearing this perfume.
This is kind of mature-ish perfume, I can see some in their 20ies wearing this. It doesn't strike me as an ancient vintage for specific generation. Wearable when out not in closed space as some may find it slightly over the top, unless you spritz it once or twice. And it lasts and lasts all day long...and next day too.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

Too strong for me every time I wore it I got a headache.I just can't wear it.Perhaps its the florals mixed with civet.

lapurrla
lapurrla

Too much for me. Really intense soapy floral. I expected something different. Then it just disappears!

taboo2287
taboo2287

starts strong and a bit annoying but then it cools down to a beautiful clean flowery scent, it smells like a classy lady who once fell in love and it was the love of her life but then he became someone else husband but she kept on loving him and whenever he smells her perfume he losses his mind, such a romantic feminine scent.

Cams
Cams

I need to wear this more - it is a vibrant and rich floral that elevates to luxurious the longer you wear it. The notes combined produces such a lush feminine smell that you will find yourself sniffing the air around you :) Stunning! A must own for all floral lovers!

olga1780
olga1780

An Ebay seller threw a sample of this in with my purchase. I usually throw away samples after they have been hanging around the house untouched for a few weeks. But since it is on my wish list I had to try it.
Oh, my, what a beauty! As someone has mentioned earlier, this fragrance is breathtaking! Very rich, complex floral, unbelieveably elegant and despite it being old school, yes, sexy. I just can see myself wearing it for a special occasion with some elegant dress and high heels feeling mysterious and femme fatale.
Have to have a large bottle of this gem for sure!

salihah
salihah

THIS IS DITA VON TEESES FAVE FRAGRANCE SHE WORE FROM THE AGE OF 14

krmarich
krmarich

A true classic now somewhat obscure in the USA. Originally a drugstore favorite and inexpensive, it is now top shelf, almost niche. There may be a reason for its elevation-to keep it in production with its lavish quality, it must be costly to produce such a dense floral bouquet in a bottle.

It was the dawn of a new era of fashion-hemlines were rising and hats were shrinking and perfume was becoming larger than life. This one was/is giant! Ironically it is still as fresh as a May dawn. Graceful, feminine and elegant, one cannot help but think of all of the ladies who enjoyed this wonderwork-Princess Di wore is on her wedding day-it was nearly 70 then. Thus we see how beloved and timeless it really is.

Hopefully a new generation of ladies get to experience it.

Celebrity=Clara Bow

leslems
leslems

Simply the smell of May flowers, and sunny days -always cheers me up!

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

I found this extremely interesting for the first several hours -- not my style at all, but still a lovely and strangely brazen fragrance that really intrigued me.

Throughout the first few hours, there was a powerful quality which simultaneously pushed me away and drew me back for more.

Silage was incredible. I used only a few drops from the sample's tester stick thing (sorry I don't know the word, but it's on the underside of the sample tube's cap), and this fragrance continually drifted up to my nose.

Unfortunately, things started going wrong after a few hours. On my skin, at that point the florals completely disappeared, and morphed into......wild animal piss. Strong, musky, animal urine which has aged and dried on a rock baked in the sun on a hiking trail. Ugh ugh ugh. I had to go take a shower because (unfortunately) the silage was still going strong, and I kept looking around to see if our dog or cats had had an accident!

I'm jealous of the skin chemistry of the other reviewers! Would have loved to continue to be intrigued by this fragrance.

scentorita
scentorita

I had to try this one after hearing the 15,000 flower in an one oz bottle. I like florals so I thought this had to be a no brainer so I ordered a sample.
It was so lovely and breathtakingly beautiful for the first 20-30 minutes but then it changed into an odd yet familiar smell. It was very powdery and reminded me of the body powder my grandmother used. I tried to keep it on and give it a chance, but my chemistry would not allow me to enjoy it :( Such a shame as I really did love it during the first 20 minutes.

Chickenboo
Chickenboo

"Quelques Fleurs L’Original EdP"

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Galbanum, Tarragon, Lemon

Middle Notes:
Jasmine Absolute, Tuberose, Lily of the Valley, Violet Absolute, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang, Carnation, Broom flower Absolute, Orange Blossom, Beeswax Absolute, Clove

Base Notes:
Oakmoss Absolute, Sandalwood, Civet, Cedarwood, Musk, Orris, Tonka Bean

"Some Flowers"... talk about false modesty. More like EVERY flower (except the "corpse" flower), yet it isn't a "kitchen-sink" perfume, by any means. If you like floral bouquets, this hits all of the right notes. Quelques Fleurs is timeless, absolutely beautiful, and worth every penny.

moraine
moraine

A euphoric, addictive, luxurious floral, honey-sweet and high-pitched but never screechy. I can't pick out any of the individual notes, and I LOVE that. Wearing it, I feel donned in an immortal work of art.

Timeless and ageless, QF proclaims itself graciously and fearlessly on its own terms. It feels as modern now as it must have 100 years ago.

myrayolite
myrayolite

I absolutely adore Quelques Fleurs. I have been wearing it for 10 years now and I get complemented every time I wear it. Even my friends husbands just love to give me a hug and smell it!

When I taught preschool 10 years ago one of my precious little students just smelled amazing. She smelled like her mommy and I inquired what it is she was wearing. I bought it that week. And it melded perfectly with my chemistry. That is the trick with parfumes. Now it smells different on me than of my friend, but our chemistry just melded with the scents differently. Both very pleasingly. There have been parfumes I wanted to try, but they just didn't meld with me. I do great with Coco by Chanel, Y'Satis, and Beautiful by Este Lauder. For now I wear Quelques Fleurs pretty exclusively and have days I wear Beautiful. Both lovely scents!

Eventually I could smell this old gem and I'm happy I had this chance, otherwise I just would have imagined forever how Dita Von Teese smells! Not that I'm a big fan of her, but she's interesting.
So now I know how she smells, at least on paper.
I tried the so called Original but surely re-formulated. I expected a much more complex, loud, thick and delicately gross scent for mature women, instead I found a soft copy (or matrix) for Chanel n.5
A good dose of cold jasmine, but sweeter than Chanel, not so in your face, rather demure as only a sexy lady in that era could be, alluring but not over-exposed. It smells of jasmin and expensive animalic soap. I could wear it and feel very vintage yet absolutely not old and stale. No, I don't think this is a scent for grannies, if such a category ever existed. Quelques Fleurs is feminine elegance for any age. You just need to feel it.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Having fallen in love with Apercu, I tried a sample of Quelques fleurs. Loved the opening, but within 30 mins I was wishing I did not have it on. It seemed to me to be an over-the-top floral fantasy, overpowering and unfortunately headache inducing for me. Nicely blended floral composition, with a powdery undertone and a slight green note.

blair
blair

I purchased this perfume on reviews alone, looking for a new original and sophisticated floral. Needless to say, I was rather disappointed. Not so much with the composition of the scent, nor how well it lasted. I believe this perfume is meant for an older and mature woman. Think a current day Elizabeth Taylor.

This is much nicer than I expected, though I don't know why I would have expected it to be anything less since it has stood the test of time. I smell a surprisingly creamy floral--lemon, jasmine, civet, and oakmoss combine to create a haunting floral. While it might seem heavy at first spritz, the drydown is soft, sweet, warm, and elegant. This could perhaps be the perfect floral.

Cereza
Cereza

Extremely powerful floral which reminds me a bit of Chypre, must be from the green notes at the opening. I can feel a mix of wonderful, rich flowers together with buttery ylang ylang.
This kind of floral is not what I'd like to wear, but I can only admire it's quality and richness and if you do love a rich, feminine and BIG floral, this might be a lovely choice for summer evenings out as this is sophisticated, feminine and very expensive smelling and I bet people will want to know what are you wearing.

As many big florals, some might think that this is "dated", but phew, it's just not generic. I can imagine this on a lady in her mid twenties just exactly like on a lady in her mid forties.

Kiku
Kiku

I used to wear this in the 1970's and remembered it as soft and creamy, a complex floral bouquet, demure and hauntingly feminine. I bought some recently, my first purchase of Quelques Fleurs in almost 40 years. What a disappointment! This has been reformulated or my body chemistry has changed. The opening is harsh, loud, and strongly leather. The heart is still lovely: mixed flowers with a dash of pepper and a warm soapiness. It's like the most luxurious bubble bath you'll ever take! The drydown is not bad, warm and soft and delicately flowery, but there is something salt watery, almost sweaty, in it. For the price, not worth it for me.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Quelques Fleurs l`Original I love you since I was a child.

The most multifaceted Floral I have ever smelled, this is an obvious thing for a fragrance, that later will inspire many others(like chanel N5)

Quelques Fleurs l`Original has the complexity of Guerlain, but smell more like Chanel. The initial notes are very strong, like a Floral Chanel N19,but don't be disappointed with this sharp opening, cuz this fragrance will change like a chameleon. When the first notes start to fade, a bouquet of beautiful creamy flowers will begin to bloom and dominate the scent. After a while you will notice the best part of this fragrance, when the flowers become more powdery and sweet.

Very long-lasting and tender.Quelques Fleurs is more than a fragrance...

jeniferlyn69
jeniferlyn69

I know--I could be skewered for this. It makes me think of the worlds best bubble bath!...total floral..not a hard or harsh edge to it anywhere. A complete (lol)field of flowers with all the stickers and buggies removed just ready for you to dive in and bathe yourself in it!!
I have to be careful though-I LOVE this...and one spray lasts!

Cubby
Cubby

Very strong fragrance that gives me a headache when I wear it and when a lady at work wears it. I know it's a classic; I guess I just can't wear all those floral notes.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is one GLORIOUS floral. I don't think it smells old-fashioned at all, it is timeless. How can 15000 flowers ever really smell dated??

The opening is spritely, I don't know which green notes they have used but there are not headachy or nauseous at all. It does makes me feel kind of dizzy but this is a nice feeling.

The heart though is where Madame Quelques really shines. It is kind of powdery but unquestionably floral. It is such an exquisite mix of flowers I cannot stop smelling it. Sadly for my review I cannot distinguish any one flower which makes it this special because it is overall sooooo good that I cannot really think at all, just sniff!

They drydown is lovely, warm but still floral. I cannot smell any civet, there is not even a hint of skank in this potion.

The last dregs of the drydown... well, it smells distinctly like toilet freshener. The smell itself is not unpleasant, but its connotations certainly are! Instead of being a drawback however I think this is an opportunity. An opportunity to whip out your purse spray and refresh, beginning the whole glorious process again! By the time you have your evening shower you will have avoided the 'eau de crapper' and just enjoyed one of the best florals ever made.

The best way to enjoy Quelques on the skin is by misting it, instead of a direct spray onto a pulse point. That way it kind of smells like it is coming from everywhere & it remains light & gorgeous.

Smells French and expensive, but I still don't like it on me. Soapy aldehydes and peppery powdery green notes pretty much overpower me. It's a bit too old-style for my lifestyle. There are other old style scents that do work for me and I'll stick with them

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Not one of my favorites at all. Im glad I tried this at a perfume gallery the other day before investing in such a high priced perfume like this. My nose found nothing appealing to it in this one.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I've tried perfumes which were obviously not working for me and not smelling on my skin what the maker was intending them to smell. Instead of honey I smelled bug spray on spellbound, instead of warm amber I smelled some pepper spray on Sensuous... needless to say, I didn't like them.

Quelques Fleurs l`Original is an example of a perfume that does something unexpected, and perhaps not intended, on my skin, yet I love it.

Just by itself it smells like a giant fragrant bouquet of flowers. As soon as you put it on my skin, it gives a minute of a green floral blast and then... smells like a tobacco leaf! not a burned second hand smoke, but as a lovely herbal and earthy smell of an unburned stuff.

I am not a smoker any more, but I used to run out of the house to have a secret smoke with friends when I was a teenager.

I cannot help but think that my crazy teenage years are saying hello to me, sticking a tongue at me while I am not looking, and stuffing a home made cigarette in a bouquet of flowers as a reminder of guilty secrets of our times. How can I resist.

magie
magie

This is a lovely floral.Very well constructed and elegant.Unfortunately it does not last very long on my skin.I can no longer smell anything after an
hour.I will come back to it later,but for now I think I will stay with Orlane L'fleur de Orlane.

viveka
viveka

I've got big l'estime towards this scent. Not only because its dated on 1912' and it's fetiche scent of Dita von Teese but especially because Houbigant was one of the favorite mark perfume of Marie Antoinette, my fav Lady of Crown and big style-fashion inspiration (fans of Sophia Coppola's movie understand ;) ). This is Jet Set of stylish women all around the world.

Quelques Fleurs it's unique. Despite that you can feel all past years in it QF avoids paths that kind of retro fragrances what make them more annoying than alluring. QF brings you truly charm of old-fashioned beautiness, bunch of flowers with delicate rose in avant-garde entouraged with sparkling green notes. Almost classic but not till the end because it's not boring as many classics are. On its manner it's rather provocative and flirting as play with convencies. I love that little touch of past centuries mixed with kiss of big royality.
Truly queen.

ktv0926
ktv0926

The most beautiful flowers ever! So rich and intense! Oh, I would be so happy to wear it, if it wouldn't be for that particular old-fashioned feeling of the fragrance. If matched properly with the outfit and the occasion, maybe it could make a right statement being worn by a young woman.
In any case - shouldn't be oversprayed, as it is very intense.

Aalia
Aalia

Some light citrus and strong green notes to start. Then, lots of giant white flowers, all blooming at once. The green notes do stay with the floral notes, providing a contrast wich I enjoy very much. A touch powdery, but only in the way that makes me think of white bath soap. Using delicate, and at the same time pungent, pure floral notes, all at once, we have this complex, fine, rich, potent, historical Houbigant scent.

thegirlsapearl
thegirlsapearl

a really beautiful, ultra feminine scent. Was introduced to it a few years ago by my sister in law in New York - and hunted it down in the UK. Love it - a classic, timeless masterpiece. I would wear this day or night, it's so elegant!

eskarina62
eskarina62

This is the most exceptional fragrance I bought rather whimsically - decided to whiff what women liked :-) back in 1913...
Was absolutely overwhelmed with the sweetest, loveliest and most caleidoscopic of fragrances ever!

Old and young at the same time, luxurious and everyday...

Truly exceptional - all the florals mixing into the finest of blends lingering among the musk and amber and sandal wood (honestly, half of the base notes mentioned in the description, as well as some of the middles are completely lost to me...) making you feel a seductress and victim at the same time! A femme fatale! Flirting and keeping distance!
Pity it is very hard to find!
And COSTY!
Lasts as if forever smelling lovely all the way!

jonessusans
jonessusans

This is such a timeless fragrance. It one of the most concentrated fragrances using 15,000 flowers per one once bottle. It starts fresh floral, then the sweetness comes next and then a warm woodsy dry down. This is a classic rich floral.

Quelques Fleurs l`Original by Houbigant 3.87 out of 5 based on 384 ratings and 76 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
Houbigant Paris Quelque Fleurs Parfume
Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs 'L'Original' Vaporisateur Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz
Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs 'L'Original' Vaporisateur Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz
BeautyBar.com
Houbigant Paris Quelque Fleurs Eau de Parfum-1.7 oz.
Houbigant Paris Quelque Fleurs Eau de Parfum-1.7 oz.
BeautyBar.com
Houbigant Paris Quelque Fleurs Eau de Parfum-3.38 oz.
Houbigant Paris Quelque Fleurs Eau de Parfum-3.38 oz.
Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs 'L'Original' Vaporisateur Eau de Parfum 3.3 oz
Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs 'L'Original' Parfum
Parfum 3.3oz
Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs 'L'Original' Parfum 3.3 oz
Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs 'L'Original' Parfum 3.3 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Houbigant Quelques Fleurs l`Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Houbigant Quelques Fleurs l`Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Quelques Fleurs l`Original by Houbigant. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Quelques Fleurs l`Original by Houbigant represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.