Designers » F-H » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Videos
Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures

Rare, magnificent and auspicious, the albatross bird is the captain of the air. The natural marine accord celebrates that spirit, the fresh coolness of where the ocean meets the sky. Salty Salish Sea breezes meet the soft warm notes of cork, driftwood and cottonwood evoking images of seafaring vessels, creosote-soaked timber, and barnacle covered hulls. Set your sights on the horizon, feel the wind in your sails. Albatross was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Christi Meshell.

Sea Notes Driftwood Cottonwood (Poplar) Cork

Every Storm a Serenade

Albatross Fragrance Reviews

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Albatross is a mishmash of some interesting notes, all forming a really neat aquatic. It reminded me ever so slightly of BPAL’s Calico Jack. That one is a little more complicated, though. All the notes listed here are basically discernible and light. They merge virtually perfectly into a very soft, summer scent after an hour or so. Soft, decent longevity, wearable anywhere at anytime.

Very nice, but not sure I’d buy due to the price tag.

carter0012
carter0012

I think this makes Aquatics interesting, most tend to be a bit dull, watery and clean, smells like a beach... Albatross goes at it in a different way, it's a lot darker, a lot more complex. There's a huge selection of notes in this from creosote to pine, driftwood to ambergris. Essentially it smells like the cold salty ocean, it's dark ocean, pine trees in the distance, driftwood floating on the waves.. it's cool and refreshing, but dark.. It turns a genre that's very safe and dull into something complex and beautiful, I really enjoy this. Longevity was good on my skin.
With this being an All Natural too, I think it speaks volumes for the quality..
There's nothing cheap about this house, everything is beautifully blended with the best naturals. My favourite house, Christi the perfumer is just an amazing talent.
It's a great summer time fragrance for me, and takes me back to watching the waves crashing over the rocks.

interdite
interdite

Albatross is a beautiful scent which does not bring to mind the sea for me, but that is only because I'm a midland woman and all we have here is mountains, lakes, rivers and creeks... and dark, deep forests. Albatross does remind me of a pine forest. A lot. It has a fresh air clarity but also a resinous side. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous rendition of a natural theme.

Here's what I smell. I smell mostly pine and a strong peppery note in the opening which to me acts as "blast of fresh air". There is a saltiness but it is a bit more organic than mineral. The driftwood effect is very nicely done. A pine tar note reminds me of creosote, like the website description mentions. I'm only familiar with birch tar which is so much smokier and unforgiving, but pine tar seems to be gentler or maybe it is greatly diluted here. A very soft leathery-charred effect, completely wearable. There is a very delicate "musky" note that anchors the scent, it's a tiny bit "sweet", probably the sappy poplar. I smell a little vetiver and what seems to my nose to be... cumin? I definitely get a cumin scent, but I am not saying there is cumin in this. The scent is nowhere as "wet" as someone would expect, no notes of humidity, damp earth or fungus here, it's really all about the sky high over the sea, where the albatross flies. And they fly pretty darn high, if you've ever seen one!

The scent projects from my arm for about 12 inches and stays that way for an hour or so but I should mention that I have dry skin with no oils at all. Bottle was a gift from a friend who won it in a FB contest.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about House of Matriarch Albatross fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about House of Matriarch Albatross, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Albatross by House of Matriarch. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Albatross by House of Matriarch represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

House of Matriarch Sex Magic House of Matriarch Devotion House of Matriarch Madrona House of Matriarch Black No. 1 (Fka Blackbird) House of Matriarch Coco Blanc House of Matriarch Orca House of Matriarch Trillium House of Matriarch Forbidden Tom Ford Oud Wood L`Occitane en Provence Eau des Baux Hermes Hermessence Vetiver Tonka Nasomatto Black Afgano Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne 2013 Amouage Jubilation for Men Imaginary Authors Memoirs Of A Trespasser Creed Silver Mountain Water By Kilian Sacred Wood Olfactive Studio Chambre Noire Christian Dior Fève Délicieuse Amouage Interlude Man