Designers » F-H » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Videos
Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Albatross House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures

Rare, magnificent and auspicious, the albatross bird is the captain of the air. The natural marine accord celebrates that spirit, the fresh coolness of where the ocean meets the sky. Salty Salish Sea breezes meet the soft warm notes of cork, driftwood and cottonwood evoking images of seafaring vessels, creosote-soaked timber, and barnacle covered hulls. Set your sights on the horizon, feel the wind in your sails. Albatross was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Christi Meshell.

Sea Notes Driftwood Cottonwood (Poplar) Cork

Albatross Fragrance Reviews

ictusemidinaz
ictusemidinaz

ALBATROSS ARTISAN AQUATIC/MARINE PERFUME

Described as: “Rare, magnificent and auspicious, the albatross bird is the captain of the air. The natural marine accord celebrates that spirit, the fresh coolness of where the ocean meets the sky. Salty Salish Sea breezes meet the soft warm notes of cork, driftwood and cottonwood evoking images of seafaring vessels, creosote-soaked timber, and barnacle covered hulls. Set your sights on the horizon, feel the wind in your sails”.

Before I begin to analyze these perfumes, I want to give credit where credit is due. I want to emphasize that these perfumes truly do contain raw and natural materials or plant derived oils and to be able to use them in such exact increments to portray such precise representations; this truly warrants the touch and nose of an artist. I have in fact previously been sent organic perfumes to critique and I must admit these materials are very pungent, some harsh and very raw like, as if you just crushed a plant. So to be able to use these properties and achieve niche like scent and quality is beyond respectable “hint” why the scent warrants its price.

Scent/originality: 0-10: It’s a 7 as its reminiscent of a Bleu de Chanel & Creed Millesime Imperial blend.

“Albatross” this creation, I must say, it’s a people pleaser. On initial opening, it evokes a fine & gentle mist of salty blue aquatic accord with a cloud of real ambergris and hyraceum to help boost it for more pronounced effect sparkling in the background that quickly moves in the heart settling on a salty bed of faint drift wood/cork and pine resin (creosote) as the notes suggest to reference boats and maritime activity. If you close you eyes you can truly imagine the Greek coast right before a storm standing on the white coral rock while gazing at a salty dark blue ocean with clear blue sky watching white powdery clouds pass at the sound of albatross birds hovering in the foreground. As for originality, Christi Meshell’s primary focus was the “cold blue ocean” which in fact is very well represented. Even though Albatross is reminiscent of a blend between Bleu de Chanel EDT and Creed Millesime Imperial, she did after all create her own scent, which is very well done and can stand on its and amongst the highest level of perfumery.

Longevity: 0-10: it’s a 5 as it hardly lasts through a trip at the grocery store but it’s quality 100%.

According to using natural materials, it usually compromises the lasting effects as natural oils are absorbed and evaporate at much faster rates due to not containing synthetic fixatives. Other factors to consider are the type of skin (dry or oily), color and diet which often can have significant negative lasting effects as dry skin could absorb the fragrance or due to diet, skin oils could break down the composition sooner.
In my testing phase, the perfume sample was a dabber. It started out loud and lived on my skin for about two hours before it became skin scent so no this perfume wont make it through a work day or a friendly encounter but it might work better for you. Because this is natural perfumery, I can’t be harsh in this segment but indeed for the price there’s more to be desired no matter how rare or expensive the materials used are.

Silage: 0-10: it’s a 3 as it hardly projects after the initial 30 minutes.

This perfume might leave a close proximity scent trail in the first 30 minutes but once it starts to settle it will sit close as more of a personal experience, which some prefer.

Overall evaluation: On a scale 0-10: It deserves a 7.5 if not better! Christi Meshell’s visions are very well brought forth trough her creation. There is no question in her abilities and talent. I must admit I was often turned off by natural perfumes as many were harsh or too herbal but her works brought light. These materials could in fact be blended into a luxurious perfume experience equivalent to some of the finest fragrances out there. Sure longevity suffers so it’s up to you the consumer if naturals are a priority in their life style. The price seems steep for product performance but it warrants hard work and dedication. I highly encourage you to attempt at least one sample from her line to experience natural perfumery and her artistic works of art.
-Emanuel Dobos

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Albatross is a mishmash of some interesting notes, all forming a really neat aquatic. It reminded me ever so slightly of BPAL’s Calico Jack. That one is a little more complicated, though. All the notes listed here are basically discernible and light. They merge virtually perfectly into a very soft, summer scent after an hour or so. Soft, decent longevity, wearable anywhere at anytime.

Very nice, but not sure I’d buy due to the price tag.

carter0012
carter0012

I think Albatross takes the Aquatics genre and turns it in to something interesting, most tend to be a bit dull, watery and clean, smells like a beach... Albatross goes at it in a different way, it's a lot darker, a lot more complex. There's a huge selection of notes in this from creosote to pine, driftwood and cork to ambergris. Essentially it smells like the cold salty ocean, it's dark, deep ocean, driftwood floating on the waves.. it's cool and refreshing, but dark and complex, I get leather tones washing in and out through out the life.
Longevity was good on my skin.
With this being an All Natural too, I think it speaks volumes for the quality..
There's nothing cheap about this house, everything is beautifully blended with the best naturals.
It's a great summer and spring time fragrance for me, and takes me back to watching the waves crashing over the rocks.

interdite
interdite

Albatross is a beautiful scent which does not bring to mind the sea for me, but that is only because I'm a midland woman and all we have here is mountains, lakes, rivers and creeks... and dark, deep forests. Albatross does remind me of a pine forest. A lot. It has a fresh air clarity but also a resinous side. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous rendition of a natural theme.

Here's what I smell. I smell mostly pine and a strong peppery note in the opening which to me acts as "blast of fresh air". There is a saltiness but it is a bit more organic than mineral. The driftwood effect is very nicely done. A pine tar note reminds me of creosote, like the website description mentions. I'm only familiar with birch tar which is so much smokier and unforgiving, but pine tar seems to be gentler or maybe it is greatly diluted here. A very soft leathery-charred effect, completely wearable. There is a very delicate "musky" note that anchors the scent, it's a tiny bit "sweet", probably the sappy poplar. I smell a little vetiver and what seems to my nose to be... cumin? I definitely get a cumin scent, but I am not saying there is cumin in this. The scent is nowhere as "wet" as someone would expect, no notes of humidity, damp earth or fungus here, it's really all about the sky high over the sea, where the albatross flies. And they fly pretty darn high, if you've ever seen one!

The scent projects from my arm for about 12 inches and stays that way for an hour or so but I should mention that I have dry skin with no oils at all. Bottle was a gift from a friend who won it in a FB contest.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about House of Matriarch Albatross fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about House of Matriarch Albatross, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Albatross by House of Matriarch. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Albatross by House of Matriarch represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.