Designers » F-H » Chypre « Groups

Epiphany House of Matriarch for women and men

Epiphany House of Matriarch for women and men
dislike

honey

The Achtung project is a series of 8 fragrances inspired by the Sacred Geometric Art of artist Rick Barchenger, part of a multi-media series of products that include fragrances by House of Matriarch, original art by Rich Barchenger and fashions by ARONHIX. The collection launches from Seattle, WA on 8/8/13.

Epiphany is the ragrant interpretation of Barchenger's art piece "Midheaven."

Notes for Epiphany include the world's finest boutique lavender, grown and distilled in Washington (Hidcote pink essential oil, plus blue and white lavender concretes), oud, tobacco, amber, lily enfleurage, peppers, honey, coriander and oakmoss. Epiphany was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christi Meshell.

Lavender Lily Sandalwood Agarwood (Oud) Blue Lavender Tobacco Amber Pepper Honey Coriander Oakmoss

Epiphany Fragrance Reviews

estherica
estherica

Smoked lavender, indeed. It's very well done and interesting that the smokey oud notes are strong in the opening and then in the dry-down over the time the lavender and softer notes come to shine through. It's very long-lasting, especially for an all natural perfume and the sillage is also quite strong. I find it more masculine but wearable for a woman, depending on the mood of the day. Interesting line.

Great way to finish off my reviews of this collection ending on a high.
I have to say I can't afford to get more than two of these and I had my heart set on Sexmagic and Gateways but this is giving me food for thought.
Firstly, this scent is infectious it seems to linger inside my nose for a moment like I'm breathing in smoke or a dense fog, that's not to say its aggressive though the top notes, they are delicate which is probably what allows and adds to the 'breathing it in' effect.
Again a natural, realistic floral this time with something called hidcote pink lavender and lily
And I must say it's a fantastic combination...this is a floral that is definitely suitable for a man to wear. I've just noticed the first reviewer here saying the perfumer described it as 'masculine floral' and it is! In fact the first I can honestly say I genuinely like a maybe would wear.
It's certainly an epiphany too as I can't believe how much I like it! You can detect the oud as it dries down, getting a little earthier on me and yet more masculine but still retaining the awesome lavender (which I like anyway but this has to be the nicest and least intrusive I've ever smelled) along with lily which again I love but can go a little muggy...this doesn't have that and just captures the lovely initial fragrant bouquet.
Something I haven't mentioned a lot is the silage, projection and longevity on these perfumes is absolutely MASSIVE!!! I'm not used to such concentration they are insane.
House of Matriarch have created a very artistic and thought provoking series here and have made something worthy of attention and intrigue. I like continuity in art, narrative if you like which leads you through whether you enjoy all the content or not and this has that.

AriesMan
AriesMan

Guys (and ladies) this is
Best.
Lavender.
Ever.
Smokey, some pepper, layered lavender sensation, bit sweet too. Some tobacco pepper and bit honey, blended with light silky aoud.
Lavender smoke. Just wow combination.
Smoke mellows and spiciness over time at end of 7 hours is lighter version of original, less smoke allows more this great lavender show with some faint honey.
Thank you to Gardenia sharing this, is new favorite! Cannot believe this smelling so incredible right now, cannot stop smelling ha. Immediate made top 5 favorite list and FB.

Gardenia_Girl
Gardenia_Girl

Gorgeous!!! Men or women, it is unisex-y!
This starts off as a bright but dirty smokey lavender. Forget everything you know about lavender from mainstream scents or even real botanical essences, and just try this. It is guaranteed to blow you away. (*From someone who until now felt "meh" about lavender)
Enter light parting clouds and shining on this scent, you might say this was my 'Epiphany' moment of lavender.
I did a double take equivalent with my nose first waft of this.
It is smokey dirty yet the true quality of the lavender soon shines through into a heart of beautiful lavenders used. They truly are quite stunning both types you get both the sharpness and the follow up sweeter natural soothing qualities in each inhale. The tobacco combination also adds a certain understated bold charm yet remains as a supporting note in the background. It lasts over 6 hours and at this point...(smelling) it is a skin scent and is sweet, gentle lavender, no more smoke at this stage (still very appealing but in a soothingly sweet different way.)
Edit: im hooked , I crave to smell this in the day, everyday

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Beautiful spicy start. Spicier than just pepper bordering the hotness of pimento. Beautiful lavender with a smoky vibe. Deadidol described it as a dirty lavender and I feel that rings true. A sweetness lulls around in the background and then fades away as this gets spicier on my skin. The smoke relaxes a bit as the spices hover.

Really a very interesting take on lavender. It's funny extrait21 feels this leans more to the feminine side and as a woman I feel this leans more to the masculine side. So let's just say this is a beautiful compromise...a little masculine...a little feminine.

I'm so glad. I love lavender and a lot of lavender scents come off so masculine that as a woman, they can be tricky to wear. But this my dears can go either way and for that I love Ms. Meshell. Very unique and yet very wearable!!!

deadidol
deadidol

This opens with serious intensity—a very strong, natural, yet dirty lavender. There's the cumin-type note that invades many of her scents, but there's also smoke here at the outset. Smoky lavender! Pepper and coriander create a bit of a spice rack effect, and there's a touch of candied sweetness to it as well. Twenty minutes, the smoke and dirtiness subside a bit, and the lavender becomes more foregrounded. This was actually a little disappointing to me, as smoky lavender is not something I've run across before, and I was getting a major kick out of it; it seemed so contradictory, yet it worked well. Once it settles into its main stage, you're getting the powerful lavender, with a touch of remaining smoke. The two combined, alongside the semi-sweet base, produces a little bit of a cotton candy effect. So, dry lavender, powerful spices, and some dirty smoke is what you have here.

extrait21
extrait21

I absolutely love Epiphany! The lavender, which Christi said was all Washington sourced, is to die for. Even though it is listed as a unisex fragrance I feel this leans more toward the feminine side. As a rule of thumb, I generally do not wear fragrances that are more feminine, however Epiphany begs to be the exception. I wore it the other day at the Achtung launch party and could not get enough of it! Christi described it as a "masculine floral", which is a term I have never heard, but since she used the word "masculine" then I guess it's okay for me to wear it. ;) Two thumbs up!!

Epiphany by House of Matriarch 4.37 out of 5 based on 20 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about House of Matriarch Epiphany fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about House of Matriarch Epiphany, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Epiphany by House of Matriarch. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Epiphany by House of Matriarch represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.