Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Midnight House of Matriarch for women and men
dislike

tuberose
yellow floral

The Achtung project is a series of 8 fragrances inspired by the Sacred Geometric Art of artist Rick Barchenger, part of a multi-media series of products that include fragrances by House of Matriarch, original art by Rich Barchenger and fashions by ARONHIX. The collection launches from Seattle, WA on 8/8/13.

Midnight is the fragrant interpretation of Barchenger's art piece "Codex."

An all-natural fragrance, Midnight's notes include intense oud, ambrette, narcissus, corn flower, exotic jasmines, Madagascan coffee flower, tuberose and sweet clover. Midnight was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christi Meshell.

Coffee blossom Cornflower or Sultan seeds Narcissus Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Agarwood (Oud) Jasmine Tuberose Melilot or Sweet Clover

Midnight Fragrance Reviews

Whoowee! This is one commanding yellow floral star. I found the same as member estherica before me, the name suits the feeling of the scent; moist cool, garden at night but for me it is outright sensual. The narcissus and corn flower combined with coffee blossom on a foundation of their signature smooth as silk oud bring that naturally sweet almost honey note but it is an accord that brings that effect not honey itself. This is another masterpiece, slightly more feminine side of unisex but that is just from my skins presentation of it. Think this would be a great hit with those who prefer a uniqueness in their scents or seeking beauty and an ' interest' appeal.

estherica
estherica

I enjoyed sampling this a lot and find the name quite fitting: it let me think of walking through a flowering garden at night, dark, moist and cool. This doesn't mean the scent is "dark",the oud sits in the back and narcissus is the prominent note for me. I also don't get a typical fatty tuberose, just enough to add to that night impression. Lovely and more on the feminine side, I'd say.

Well, this was the one I figured would be the most feminine of this collection and it is.
At this point I think I should mention I was drawn to this collection for a few reasons but non more so than the artwork on the bottles which is fantastic. I have a love of symmetry and geometric artworks so this was right up my street.
The litterature described this as a 'floriental'
As a mans man who doesn't know a lot about florals and blends of floral notes, I have to say that although I wouldn't wear it myself its borderline for me because it is pleasant and definitely just within the realms of unisex.
This is probably due to the wood in the base which would probably be excentuated on a man and generally grounds it a little and stops it getting too, overly flowery.
The only thing I can detect for sure is jasmine in the top.
Tuberose is interesting to me as I seem to like many fragrances which contain it.
For me it creates a realistic flower accord, almost like a lily nice at first then goes a little sour.
All in all a good outing for this house and an interesting fragrance but I shall give the sample to my girlfriend.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Very well done. A bouquet of flowers with a hint of sweetness. Powder and a honey likeness (not sure as honey is not listed and there is very little info on coffee blossoms or sweet clover). I don't get jasmine or tuberose bomb on my skin. This is soft and powdery sweet...not a screamer. I'm sorry I can't do a better job on picking out specific notes or flowers. To me it all blends beautifully to create this lovely floriental.

deadidol
deadidol

This starts bright with a massive leafy floral that's fatty and rich. Instantly, the creamy quality of tuberose floods the picture, and creates a stage upon which the other florals will perform. Narcissus, corn flower, and coffee flower all seem to move around a dry yellow chord, but they're trounced by an overwhelming jasmine that holds the composition hostage through the initial stages. The oud is low—the clover even lower—and the scent seems to be propped up more by the tuberose than anything (possibly supplemented by Mysore?)

On paper, this developed a little different, revealing a distinctly plum-like note that wasn't as detectable on the skin, but is indicative of the way these materials function as real shape shifters. And as the scent developed, the oud began to rise to the surface a little more as the opening floral notes receded to leave what is ultimately a dirty tuberose scent.

I had a hard time detecting this after just a couple of hours. The scent's powered by top / heart notes, so it's expected that it would dip down to a less brazen state. But what I discovered is that whereas I couldn't smell it as well as when I first applied it, plenty of other people could. This one works in wafts and is triggered through movement, but it's largely the tuberose that sticks around for the long haul. Yet this isn't a sickly tuberose at all—it's a bit like Narcotic Venus in that the jasmine adds an indolic quality that keeps it from cloying. Although tuberose scents certainly aren't for me, the opening yellow-flower notes certainly are, and Midnight plays these notes with agility.

Midnight by House of Matriarch 4.71 out of 5 based on 8 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about House of Matriarch Midnight fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about House of Matriarch Midnight, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight by House of Matriarch. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight by House of Matriarch represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.