Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
oud
Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Videos
Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures Sex Magic House of Matriarch for women and men Pictures

A blend of thirteen varieties of cedar, exotic sandalwood, and a touch of oud. Unquestionably vivid and sonorous, these woods sing with the ancient resonant voice of the aboriginal didgeridoo. These aromatics hearken back thousands of years and their smoky venerable tones play upon the collective unconscious of the wearer. They feel distinctly Tantric in their power. Gandhi root and leather add drama, depth and offer great silage.

Sexmagic is an all-natural Woody fragrance that includes notes of Gandhi Root, Buddha wood, damiana, evergreens, amber, oud, leather, Mysore sandal, pinewood, moss, violets, cedar blend and choyas. Sex Magic was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Christi Meshell.

Pine Tree Woody Notes Agarwood (Oud) Green Notes Amber Leather Sandalwood Moss Violet Cedar Choya Loban

Songe d'un Bois d'Ete

Sex Magic Fragrance Reviews

Florista
Florista

This is a great one to try for anyone who likes alot of the typical niche leather or oud scents out there because it easily could become the only one you really need in your collection. It's pretty near perfect: herbal, piney and strange enough to set itself apart from any mainstream take on these ingredients, and yet still quite mellow, dreamy and tastefully rendered. The begining blends bold leather with murky herbs and pine and gives more an impression of a tannery with open bottles of oils and linaments than it does a typical leather jacket smell. This stage lasts atleast an hour and for as dense as it feels with your nose to your wrist, it's actually pretty polite at a distance. All of the House of Matriarch scents that I've tried have a crunchy, natural sexiness about them. They are not for men who put gel in their hair or Kardashian-style women. Later, this dries down to a familiar, dry, woody oud that I think is made particularly compelling and great by the use of natural ingredients. My skin rarely holds onto any niche perfume for more than a few hours and this is no exception. But it's a pleasure to respray throughout the day and there isn't much of a danger of overdoing it with such a pleasantly, natural-smelling, laidback kind of fragrance.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

Just received this in the mail the other day. I will start off by saying uniqueness is 10/10. Nothing I've ever put my nose on smells like this. In the beginning I get cedar, Oud, pine tree, and leather. The Oud is fresher like hat of Oud Wood by Tom Ford. There isn't a ton of Oud which I like, just enough. The leather is the main player which stays through the life of the scent. It's a very smooth leather and very well blended. After about 45 minutes the pine tree starts to fade and and the leather, cedar, and sandalwood start to come out. Followed shortly by what I can assume is the Buddha Wood and violet. This is what I get through the remaining life of this fragrance. It slowly starts to fade off but the longevity and projection are still there. This was a blind buy for me and did I ever strike gold.

Uniqueness 10/10
Projection 9/10
Longevity 10/10
Smell 10/10
Price is always questionable. For 15ml the price is $120 which is pretty steep compared to what you could get for it. But I will say the quality is there and if you don't mind paying the price for this I think you will be very happy with your purchase. After having a few days with this fragrance I can tell you that I think the price and how much you get is very much a good value for me. Now I understand that $120 is a lot and 15ml won't last everyone a long time but please believe me when I tell you that if you are thinking about checking this house out and you have the cash to spend ... take the plunge, it's well worth it. Give it a year or two and this house is going to blow up.

purecaramel
purecaramel

Bam!Bam!Bam!Bam!
This is the fourth charmer from this house that pierces my armour.
It's not that they are so sexy. It is something related to sensuality.
All that I have tasted thus far, carry a creamy refinement or "Mounting of the Sauce" succulence.
Again, the best of Aromatherapy. Dreamy and Soothing.
Sex Magic, Black No. 1 and Orca, Coco Blanc. Into the wardrobe they go.
HOM need to refine their packaging. Beautiful styling, however there is a lack of substance, mechanically, in the newest bottling.
These perfumes deserve better.
For the price asked we all deserve better.

FragranceView (YouTube)
FragranceView (YouTube)

A mixture of exotic woods and roots, black leather, pine and cedar.
Very unique and mysterious. There's a faint hint of smoke in the mid, and a rich combination of woods and oud.
I think it's fantastic, really enjoyed testing this one!
Very natural smelling, it's just raw and real to life.

Calvini
Calvini

I think the name is slightly misleading; "Hippie Sex Magic" or "Forest/Green Sex Magic" would've been more suiting since this scent doesn't really relate to sex in an urban/modern sense... Maybe simply name it "Magic" :D

weaselize
weaselize

This smells woody whole the way through.
My father sometimes makes handcrafted fourniture made from redwood. He finishes it with a 100% natural beeswax which also contains a little honey.
After it,s finished it smells like this fragrance.
Or should i say this fragrance smells like that fourniture..
i also get (first wearing also) a slight cola smell from this. Not pronounced really, just slightly. As it dries down it gets a little sweetnes (the cola sweetness) but so subtle i cannot say this is a sweet scent. It,s rather on the dry side but something in it prevents it to be to dry.
It is more on the dark side but it is a pleasant dark. Not to heavy and actually for this genre of scents quite wearable.
Basically this smells like a wood log that has been dabbed into something before letting it dry again obtaining the main scent of this fragrance, the WOOD
after about 4 hours the scent was gone. After 8 hours i can still smell it on my t-shirt and strangely now i,m getting a green smell, more exactly a root smell. Like the smel of a celeriac or the roots from a turnip, something like that. I think it,s ok but i have smelled this before many times.
Although this brand is known for it,s use of natural materials i,ll rather stick to gucci pour homme for my loadfix of woods.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Sexmagic opens with a fantastic, gloomy, austere and almost “mystical” blend comprising a breathtaking contrast between a peculiar herbal-leather accord which is extremely soft and mellow yet really “black”, and a ghastly breeze of thin floral notes and something almost “candied”, blended together with something reminding me of galbanum and mossy notes, providing a distant echo of traditional masculine fougères. The charme of Sexmagic is really powerful and unique: I am not actually sure of the reason why, but it is. It’s extremely dark, but in a sort of softer, more sensual, more enigmatic way than usual, managing to make also airy-colorful notes smell somehow gloomy and creepy. I would define this as almost “grotesque”, like a baroque “vanitas” painting: the smell of a dusty still life, of something once aristocratic and now dead – actually, there’s a feel of “death” in fact here. But much carnal and sensual too, I really get the Crowleyan inspiration behind the name of the scent. Feelings aside, it’s a really good and solid scent, with a perfect and clever composition, and great materials, as far as I can smell. The evolution is really peculiar, as the “pyramid” of the notes smells almost inverted: it’s like if the mellow, soft and hyper-black leather-herbs accord was on top, and then you get the lighter, fresher, woodier notes. The leather accord is great and rich, with a unique sort of plushy, velvety and gloomy texture that I rarely found elsewhere, fascinatingly wrapped into a balsamic, ambery-resinous, slightly floral sort of dusty shade. The drydown is sadly not that great in my opinion, as it’s a bit dry, thin and linear, but still really nice – basically almost only leathery-woody. A nondescript, clever, fascinating, extremely sophisticated gem which finally gives some sense and credit to the word “niche” (taking all this into account, the price is still completely crazy).

8-8,5/10

Figmentspot
Figmentspot

Was kindly sent a gift sample of this with an order of Matriarch’s colossal Blackbird, and may, at this point, be leaning more toward Sexmagic.

Starts off intense, dry, resin, leather, oud-ee with the slightest smoke & skank edge, then morphs within the hour into such beauty: old book, faint flower (violet?), ash. It’s open in that layered living way. Maybe ‘clear’ is the word? It is not a ‘clean’ scent. Don’t know if it’s sex exactly, but it makes me delicious, it’s spiritual, and what’s finer than that?

How I love love love shapeshifting fumes. & Christi Meshell.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

احد أروع عطور الجلود على الاطلاق فخم
رائحة الجلود ليس كرائحة الجلود المدبوغه او المدخنه وليست كرائحة الجلود الممزوجة بلمسة حلوه او سويتيه

هناك الجلود تعطيك شعور بتواجد مكون بارد مخدرا. وكانك لبست معطفك الجلدي الفاخر برائحة الجلدية الممزيه وخرجت من بيتك ولفحتك تلك الرياح الشديدة البرودة التي امتزجت مع رائحة معطفك

عطر سشتعر معه بتلك الأجواء الباردة بالطبيعه الخضراء وانتعاشها
لمسة الجلود والصبار واللبان والقربن والبنفسج اعطت جمال وروعة بجناب المكونات الاخرى كالسيدار الواضح في العطر ولمسة العنبر برائحته التي فيها جانب من رائحة التربه او الرمال

انصح محبي السيدار والعنبر وكذلك الجلود بتجربة العطر

بالفعكل مبتكرة العطر طالما انها لعبت في ظل مكونات طبيعية ولم تستخدم مكونات مخلقة كيميائا تساعدها في اخراج العطر بهذا الشكل اجدها تفوق ونميزا وابداعا تملكه مالكة هذه الدار.

Right, so I'm starting with this one from the Achtung range because I knew I'd love it judging by the notes listed on frgrantica...and boy was I not dissappointed! In fact it was the publicity and features on this site that even made me aware of the house of matriarch in the first place.
So, Sexmagic...what a cool name for starters any fragrance thats named after half of a RHCP album is alright by me!
This fragrance is sexy, smouldering even and you can detect the different wood notes which exists in a kind of creamy oud spectrum. To be honest I'm not familiar with Buddah wood, Ghandi root and damiana...they're obviously great ingredients.
What I do know is that this is a deliciously well concieved scent and a great start to my sampler from this collection and this house.
It's smokey, dark and strong things I'm not usually mad on but this gets it right by striking a good balance. This will be one I'll be getting a bottle of for certain.

extrait21
extrait21

I got to sample all of the Achtung line at the launch party on Thursday. SexMagic was one of my favorites from the line (My faves being SexMagic, Epiphany, and Devotion) and one that I chose to wear on my skin that day. Aside from the oud notes, the more prominent note that I detected was cedar, and when speaking with Christi that is what she was trying to feature. She told me a fabulous story about why she chose to use no less than a dozen different varieties of cedar. I cannot recall all the details, but she spoke of the lost forests of Lebanon and the nearly extinct Port Orford forests of the Pacific coast. Christi was very passionate about the story behind this fragrance and how it came to be, as well as some of the other fragrances I had the privilege of hearing the story behind their creation. I find it unfortunate that these stories are not told on their website. They very thoughtful and fascinating. Similar to her fragrances, there is a lot of depth and layers to Christi Meshell!

I found SexMagic to be very warm, inviting, and sensual. It wears close to the skin, which I like, as I prefer only those that are close to me to smell what I am wearing, as opposed to smelling someones perfume two aisles over in the supermarket (you all know what I'm talking about;)

Overall, SexMagic is a fragrance that I loved from the first whiff and it was the one bottle that I chose to purchase and take home that day. Forgive me for not describing the notes in more detail, I am only a fragrance fan, not an expert! :)

deadidol
deadidol

Sexmagic goes on herbal and fierce with a faint bitterness that's akin to leafier, coniferous scents. It's somewhat dirty upfront, even a little sweaty, borrowing the semi-sweet leather note from Blackbird to construct a thick, heavy incense-type experience (of the non-smoky kind). It settles into a pairing of accords that feel a little like cumin over a complex, woody base, but cumin's not listed. Rather, the effect—dirty, but not fecally so—seems to be rendered through an incisive merging of Choya Loban (a difficult, smoky material) with violets. Oud's present, but sits calm, lending the composition a subdued familiarity. Oddly, given the scent's combining of wood notes that usually display creamy, buttery aspects (Mysore, Buddhawood), upfront I detect more of the pine and cedar notes than anything. But once it settles down, you're left with a wood blend that seems to get dirtier as it progresses. The overall composition is thick, but also notably rugged.

For me, this is a logical development of Blackbird without serving as a replacement. Both are dense walls of fragrance that sit heavily on the skin; and both invoke faint head-shop atmospherics through the merging of leather, ouds, and resins. But Sexmagic is dirtier (increasingly so) whereas the animalics in Blackbird are a little sweeter and more heady due to the cannabis note. So differences between the two are quite pronounced, but they're scents that clearly grew from a similar frame of mind.

As with most of the offerings from this line, the use of natural materials makes for unpredictable wearings. Matriarch fragrances tend to open strong, then go into hiding only to re-emerge in various forms throughout the rest of the day. Sexmagic stays fairly prominent throughout much of the ride, although it does taper off after a few hours to play hide go seek. Ideally this would be well-suited for those who prefer their fragrances to a be a little fuzzier and less disciplined than most, and it's one that I—being drawn to darker, heavier scents—enjoy immensely. If you liked Blackbird, some of the Nasomatto line, or even Amouage (although this isn't nearly as well-behaved or polished as an Amouage despite some connections to Fate Man), this one's definitely worth looking into more.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about House of Matriarch Sex Magic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about House of Matriarch Sex Magic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sex Magic by House of Matriarch. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sex Magic by House of Matriarch represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.