Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber Hugo Boss for men

BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber Hugo Boss for men
dislike

BOSS The Collection is a luxurious and exclusive collection of five fragrances for men, presented in 2011. The collection is inspired by fine materials and textures of Hugo Boss tailored suits, captured with different quality ingredients. It includes the following scents: Cotton & Verbena, Silk & Jasmine, Wool & Musk, Velvet & Amber and Cashmere & Patchouli.

Velvet & Amber is inspired by the rich velvet fabrics, made of addictive amber, vanilla and balsamic tones.

Available in 50 ml bottles.

Amber Vanille Resin

BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber Fragrance Reviews

Roge'
Roge'

The absolute best packaging and presentation i've encountered. The box, the bottle and the velvet bag with drawstrings provide an opulence that is both chic and tony. This was a blind buy built on the merits of being a trailblazer. The amber is solicited to my July skin in a way that is indeed velvety but already fleeting. My first thought was, "Oh No!". I read this story before and it never ends well. This is a simple non confrontational fragrance with unisexual appeal designed for March, April and May. Im not overtly crazy about this offering but everyone seems to dig it. It's possible that i may suffer from the empirical reality of fragrance desensitization. Within the last few years, I've developed a niche nose and because of that I couldn't help but notice that this is a designer fragrance in disguise. For people that know me understands that i downright despise the layering of fragrances. I couldn't help but think this would be perfect for the layering fanboys/girls. In the end, this is not a bad fragrance. Does Velvet and Amber guarantee commitment? Ehhh...who knows. The possibilities of fun could be endless...On a side note: We need to put strong pressure on perfume houses in the name of working people. $140 for a fragrance that is barely there smh.....

Falk
Falk

This is a good smell. High quality. The blend is just perfect, warm, sweet and heavy (not to heavy) in a verry cozy way.

ericgoesta
ericgoesta

This is one quite amazing perfume. Heavy but not overloaded and stuffy. Starts out with amber all over the place, and some animalic undertows. The amber in the heart notes is everything but "easy fun playful" (like in some of the less elegant ambers), more adult and extravagant.

The vanilla is always there below the surface, never takin' over the show.

Someone wrote "smooth" in another review. That's definietly the word. A smooth but ever so present amber.

magnus-poa
magnus-poa

God, this is soooo beautiful! Soft, rich and evolving amber that never leaves you - longevity is great, sillage not so good. But anyway this is a great creation, and for me is far better than TF AA (this one is so "in your face"amber that it's almost agressive) and it really is a must try.

steve0580
steve0580

Samples of this were very difficult to find. Apparently, only a few Nordstrom's locations have them in their stores and when I called to get samples, they had to transfer me to their Seattle store to send them out.

This is a very smooth, soft fragrance that's blended together very well. The amber and vanilla work well together to give it a light, gourmand and almost ethereal feel.

The vanilla isn't overpowering and shares the top with the amber almost equally. It does have a "classy" smell to it and it would be a nice accessory if you were going out in a suit or just having a casual night with friends and wanted to be subtle but still get attention.

This is the type of fragrance where someone would look up, smile and try to find out who was wearing it.

In regard to the previous comment stating that this is somewhat like Le Male, I don't smell that at all. While it's true that they both have vanilla in them, I smell no other similarity. I HATE Le Male and if this were similar, I would have thrown the bottle away.

As far as the exclusivity to Nordstrom's and Harrod's, it seems like they're collaborating with Hugo Boss to try to move into the niche world. It's a very nice fragrance but at $140 for a 50 ml size, it's quite pricey.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I cannot believe how beautiful this perfume is.

I am wearing it right now along with silk and jasmine on the other arm (I am a woman btw). This amber is masculine, soft, dry and powdery and it is also warm and sweet at the same time. It reminds me of a toned down, more natural, less cloying and more expensive version of Le Male (must be all this vanilla!). It gets slightly spicier with time on my skin. Such a simple composition but such a magnificent scent. The kind of perfume a man would wear and stand out of a crowd. There is beauty in simplicity in this case. I think a woman who likes pure amber scents would be able to appreciate this as well.

I cannot believe this is Hugo Boss. Super sexy and serene at the same time. A confident perfume.

I have to add, really, this is the sexiest man perfume I have ever smelled.

cologne snob
cologne snob

honestly, I won't be able to describe it as good as the 2 reviewers below, this is the best Amber, best longevity, best projection, and one of the best perfumes I owned in last 10 years.it's actually my hidden gem, if I was asked what I was wearing I usually mislead people, in fact I don't care as long as I'll be the only one wearing it in 100,000 man.

True the Tom ford's amber is rubbish next to this.

what can I say?

Simply magnificent

parfumista1
parfumista1

I agree 100% with fragrancejunky this one of the best ambers out there, I hate to admit it but I consider myself a bit of "Snob", initially I thought Boss jumped on the "private collections" craze, But VELVET & AMBER is what I consider could belong to a high end collection, if you blind test it you would speculate it's a TOM FORD quality or something from that category, the amber here is different, creamy, bitter, amazingly smooth the scent covers you like a rich expensive velvet, with Luscious tenderness and sweet companionship, the balsamic ingredient gives a mesmerising attitude. No matter how hard I will try to describe it I won't do it justice.for the record I don't use it everyday I wanna save it for the classy occasions.

As far I know, it is sold exclusively at NORDSTROM in North America and a friend of mine from the UK spotted it in London.

By the way, I like the fact the riff raffs are not giving it the time of day.

longevity: 8h+
Projection: I would say good, you don't need people to notice you from the end of the hall.
Blind buy: SAFE, I would be baffeled if someone didn't like it
Originality: 10/10
Scent : 9.5/10

I'll order one more very soon.

I have TF AA and Serge AS, but this one puts them both to shame, I'll pick this one everyday especially over the TF

Chapeau! to Boss for this creation

frangrancejunky
frangrancejunky

I have been looking for a good amber fragrance for 2 years now, and I finally found it. I must admit, at first, I condescendingly didn't care about it. I thought it was just a random release from Boss. but after I have seen all the fuss about, I said "what the heck, let's give it a try", and once I sprayed it I was completely overwhelmed with that soft velvety sweet, ambery smell, at the same time you will catch a whiff of bitterness in the background here and there which I should note I have never experience in any perfume before. I confidently can say that this one of the BEST Amber based perfumes out there next to Ambre Precieux, Ambre 114 and Ambre sultan.

and if you came across it and didn't buy, you are the one who loses, don't say I didn't warn you !

As for me, as soon as I find one on sale somewhere I'll buy it.

BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber by Hugo Boss 4.53 out of 5 based on 44 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of BOSS The Collection Velvet & Amber by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.