Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

tobacco
Baldessarini Hugo Boss for men Videos
Baldessarini Hugo Boss for men Pictures Baldessarini Hugo Boss for men Pictures

According to the slogan of the brand Baldessarini: “Separates the men from the boys.”, or in other words, Baldessarini’s perfumes are aimed at more adult audience. Baldessarini is composed of metal, sensual accords which blend with a fresh, spicy composition. The face for this perfume is Charles Schumann, the owner of the famous Munich bar. This fragrance for real men awakens fantasy, a wish for travelling to distant, exotic countries. In the beginning you can feel a sharp freshness of orange, mandarin and mint, which hide a special masculine metal note in themselves. The spicy heart is composed of patchouli flower, cumin and cloves. The warm and elegant base is composed of sandalwood, spruce, patchouli leaves, tobacco, ambergris and musk. The perfume bas created by Jean Marc Chaillan and Pierre Wargnye in 2002. Baldessarini was created by Jean-Marc Chaillan and Pierre Wargnye.

Bitter Orange Tangerine Mint

Work@Holics Steel Masculino

Baldessarini Fragrance Reviews

Casavulva
Casavulva

Good cologne, but kind of subtle.

I have the concentree version and have never tried the other one. But even the concentree has a VERY limited sillage and longevity.

Apart from that, Baldessarini is very good for its kind. Not exactly fresh, more medium energetic, but elegant, shimmering and warmer as you go along.

Described as "woody-fruity" by some reviewers, I surprisingly agree with the gentleman below who identified banana as one of the few notes that I can actually detect. The rest span "from raisins to rose", with some very gentle masculinity behind and sparsely any musk or tobacco, but maybe some bright amber below.

I wish there would be more masculine basenotes here, some more of the tobacco, musk and amber perhaps, that would give the fragrance more depth and radiance (and longevity).

8/10 (if you reapply every 4 hrs)

silentman26
silentman26

This is a very interesting perfume. It will win you over time. With main notes of tangerine, musk and some mint and less tobacco. Its a mature perfume. Highly recommended.

Rocknose
Rocknose

Creamy sweet orange, cloves and a hint of green and musk. Tobacco doesn't really come out until it starts to dry down. No sharp edges here.. Lasts long but sits close to the skin.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I just bought this fragrance and noticed that the name Hugo Boss is no longer on the box. Instead, it is replaced by Baldessarini and made by Maurer & Wirtz Prestige. I do not know whether this is the same as the original by Hugo Boss but do find the notes description matching.

edge42
edge42

The striking similarity to Lanvin L'Homme Sport is immediately apparent, but Baldessari offers more to my nose. More refinement and interest. This is a very nice all around scent, it's hard not to like.

I'm only still getting acquainted with this (the Concentree version) so a full review will have to wait, but so far soooooooo good.

robespierre_1789
robespierre_1789

Reading some comments below I came to fully appreciate the greatness of Sigmund Freud's work.

frednugentesq
frednugentesq

CLASS!
12 YEARS AND STILL LOVING IT!

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

I smiled to myself when I smelt both Tom Ford for Men and Guerlain Homme Intense. Here's why. They are both derivatives of Baldessarini, and both are much more expensive. This makes Baldessarini much more of a hidden gem than it already is. It's a fantastic scent. If you like the other two, give this original the shot it deserves.

An unappreciated masterpiece!

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

Yeah, Redbeard, you said the exact same thing about it on Basenotes 4 years ago. Just...let it go.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Major letdown. Kind of strange, almost banana-like fruit opening, that maintains a pretty high level of sweetness as it goes. I know a lot of people like this, but for me it turns straight to candy within 10-15 minutes...Starburst of some sort, I think strawberry. I would really like to taste the imaginary candy that this smells like, but I don't need to smell like it myself. The metallic aspect also reminds me of something with aspartame or sucralose, which I hate. And as a shirt-dabber, I can tell you that this stuff stains bright yellow and it never comes out...something that normally happens with much more concentrated brews.

kanak
kanak

This is a review of the standard cologne, not the concentree version. Baldessarini is a sweet citrus in the top and heart notes with tobacco and musk in the dry down. smells pretty good but not exactly as mind blowing as Luca Turin's review might lead one to believe. I get the citrus top notes, which I think is nice as well as the green notes in the dry down with tobacco and an amber/musk blending quite nicely to create a quite, mature fragrance. Projection is quite restrained,this being a Cologne and not an EDT, quite soft although people close to you can smell it on you. Longevity is a decent 5 odd hours. The smell alone is 8/10 for me. The so so projection and longevity is a bummer. This one I have noticed smells better when the weather is a little warmer as the extra heat adds to the projection a little bit. A very comfortable fragrance for spring and early summer and a good one for the office or formal occasion.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و ادب

Baldessarini Hugo Boss for men
کاری بسیار دوست داشتنی و عالی برای کسانی که از روایح گرم، شیرین و ادویه ای خوششان بیاید
از استشمام آن خیلی لذت می برم
وجود نت های مشک تنباکو عنبر شکوفه پرتقال گل میخک بابونه و نعنای هندی و ترکیب آن ها فضایی از گرمی و حلاوت را توام با بوی ادویه فراهم ساخته است
از لحاظ دوام معمولی می باشد و پخش بویش در ساعات اولیه خوب است
خوشتان بیاید رایحه این عطر را حتما خواهید پسندید
با احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

Bunino

Just posting this to refresh Baldessarini's awesomeness in the review list. I love niche frags and expensive oldies but I'm telling you.. this cheap-o is friggin' awesome. Yes, it's a little unpredictable at times but it's just so damn boozy but in an everyday sense that I can see any one wanting to impress giving this one a shot. A-fuckin'-men.

Gault
Gault

Not the most complicated fragrance, but classy and masculine.
The citrus-mint combination and the chamomile is the most prominent note here in my opinion.
Lasts and projects ok, 4-6 hours. Great choice for signature scent for 30+ all year, all occasion. It has similarities with Boss in Motion, Lanvin Homme Sport and a Chevignon fragrance that isnt listed here in fragrantica (I think its simply called Chevignon, its cylindrical bottle with a very nice looking metal cap).
6/10 (slightly better than average)

Art2112
Art2112

One word.....Incredible!

Scent 9 ~ 10
Longevity 7 ~ 10
Sillage 6 ~ 10
Daytime 10 ~ 10
Night Time 10 ~ 10

Masculine for sure but the edge is slightly powdery enough for ladies to rock this one as well. Smells damn good !

Grab a sample for 2.50 USD on eBay and give this one a chance for sure !

mridul99
mridul99

Its fresh in the opening and also warm, spicy and mucky. It also gives that little smoky tobacco note. But all is blended in a very creamy way. Its a deep intense frag mainly that gives you a sense of maturity and confidence. Overall a very well made and blended frag.
decent longevity and projection.
I really like wearing it specially if I need change from all the other sharp citrus frags that I wear. You can easily put this in the category of DKNY New York Men.
Cheers!

Bunino

My signature. Literally the best frag I've owned. Totally unique and elegant, despite being made by a horrible house. If anyone can recommend something similar to me, it'd be neat!

gsevrain
gsevrain

Una fragancia dulce, con mezcla de musgos, ambar, clavos de olor y tabaco, para hombres adultos preferiblemente, un aroma que no termina de convencerme, si bien es uno de los perfumes que tengo no lo volveria a comprar. No dura mucho solo 2 hr a 3 hs ya que es muy suave. Un olor que puede llegar a cansar si se esta cerca un rato largo. Perfume para primavera. Calificacion General 5/10.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Warm, soft, spicy, caressing, sexy, eager to please in every way and doing its job perfectly. One of the most attractive and beautifully balanced fragrances I ever had. Longevity is impressive, sillage is just above average. You can wear it to the office, I keep it for nights out. Joy in a bottle, recommended!

skipster
skipster

Classy gentleman's fragrance, very soft and dominated by a semi-sweet tangerine note.

Although in the target group agewise, Baldessarini felt wrong for me. Therefore I passed it on to a friend who could pull it off. He absolutely adores it and he feels attractive and self-confident whenever he wears it.

Good stuff, but not for everyone. Try before you buy.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

هر وقت به شیشه اش نگاه میکنیم با طراحی خوب ان انتظار بویی جالب از ان داریم ولی زمانی که از استفاده میکنیم درمییابیم که بایه بوی معمولی و نه حرفه ای طرف هستیم.بالداسارینی هوگو باس بوی شیرین و خوشمزه ای دارد.ولی معطر نیست .من ترجیح میدهم چنین بو هایی را خوشمزه یا خوشایند بنامم نه معطر.البته بوی معمولی که گفتم منظور این نیست که یک ادکلن تکراری یا کپی رایت باشد بلکه به نسبت قیمتی که دارد باید انتظاری فراتر از این رایحه داشت.بوی ارام و مهربانی دارد که حرف های زیادی برای گفتن ندارد شما و اطرافیانتان را به ارامش دعوت میکند.چهار فصل است اما در فصول سردتر جذابتر میشود.ارزش یک بار داشتن را دارد. ماندگاری:5/10 پخش بو:7.5/10 متفاوت بودن :5.5/10 ارزش خرید:5/10

tanichka74
tanichka74

I adore this scent, I like it оn a stylish, staid and sexy men.

RedRacer
RedRacer

Sorry, but I just don't like it. And for me it's not very masculine...far too sweet and I really miss the citrus note.
But honestly, we're talking about individual tastes...so, just let me say I don't like a fragrance that is sweet but in a certain way "cool".
I would love it if there were some woody and warm aspects but...so it's just a lot too fancy for me.

Greg1965
Greg1965

When this first came out, I tested it and bought it afterwards. I realy liked the smell. I used it for special occasions. Different from what I had at that moment.
One way or the other, it seems my "smell" has changed as, since my second bottle, I'm not so "into" this fragrance anymore. Don't know why as the beginning still is fine for me but after a while, one way or the other, I wished I had not sprayed it on...... and again, it's not the fragrance as it is very good.
I have decided not ot use it anymore and as with chic for men, I'm willing to trade a bottle (minus ± 6 spritzes) or sell it if somebody is interested. Bottle was bought in February, so it is new.

Rawannnna
Rawannnna

sex in a bottle, I am crazy about it

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Up there with Bottled Night as one of Boss's best. Very manly fragrance with strong notes. Not for the timid.

beaconaust
beaconaust

It definitely is a gentleman's scent, made up of just enough of just the right ingredients to portray those components of a mature man that are attractive to women, including success, sophistication and worldliness. It doesn't pretend to be young, sporty, flash or gaudy. It leaves those traits to younger scents. I really liked it before I ready the advertising. The advertising simply reinforced why I really like it. This really is the bes Boss scent.

OdeKlotyo
OdeKlotyo

The only Boss fragrance really worthy of the name "Hugo Boss" is actually called "Baldessarini".
A very nice musky spicy tobacco scent, with resinous fir and patchouli notes that give it a masculine bitter edge. Has quite good projection and longevity for an EDC.

mum84
mum84

عطر كله فخامه وثراء
أحببته جدا من بين الكثير
من العطور الرجاليه

gd15329
gd15329

THIS ONE IS VERY GOOD BUT VERY MATURE FRAGRANCE "IT SEPARATES OLD-well-off-MEN FROM THE OTHERS"

Spicy scent. Not too strong but distinctive enough.
You will not get any bad comment with this one, not one, trust me. But then again maybe you will not win the competition, if the competition is hard.

Longevity / Sillage: Moderate.
My Total Score: 6.8/10

GMK
GMK

Beautiful , adorable , bearable , pleasant nothing offensive , nothing obnoxious, fresh, a very mature fresh i would say.

perfect for day wear in hot weather conditions, i like the spicy freshness in it.

the only fragrance from Hugo i bought.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

I'm a girl, and love this though it is not a feminine fragrance. Just a good one! I think the tangerine pulls all the other notes together so well. Lasting power is 10 hours plus, with moderate sillage.

murysusanto

Straight A's stuff, no doubt bout it. Best Hugo Boss out of many. Give two thumbs up, should see the limited edition bottle, the case is made soild steel...damn heavy and that's what I called class fragrance.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

I just got this today bought it blind because of some reviews out of the bottle I thought this is the worst thing ever but the second I put it on me I was like ... wow this could very well be in my top fragrances EVER so far.... I love everything by hugo though the original use to be my favorite I got this version and del mar. Del mar is actually the one I tried not sure what the difference is but Its definately a favorite of mine :) glad I made the purchase

Grottola
Grottola

I don't know about all this "separates men from the boys" bullshit, but I do know that Baldessarini is a very unique, distinctive fragrance. It's a sweet, fruity citrus accord (think coconut), but at the same time paired with a cold, dry pine/tobacco accord. The overall effect gives the fragrance a glossy feel like the Silver Surfer; or perhaps a cool, foggy morning. If anything, the overall accord has a chypre-like feel. It's not a chypre, but I smell a familiar face. Despite being an Eau de Cologne, Baldessarini's longevity is good - 5 to 6 hours, and the sillage is excellent.

Really, Baldessarini is a very unique smell. You'll have to smell it to understand it, because it's tough to describe. Also, if you're going to buy it, don't pay more than $30 for it. You can find Baldessarini at most discounters in America.

Halalay
Halalay

I would like to love this fragrance. It DOES smell spectacular on a paper strip - fantastic, masculine, grown-up, sophisticated, everything you ever wanted from a masculine grown-up fragrance - if it were not for the UNFORTUNATE really NASTY chemical dry-down ON SKIN. And you will go PDQ (in 1-2 hours) from "grown-up" to "groan." Do not let yourself be fooled, like Luca Turin, by smelling only that scent strip - it smells GRREAT. But on skin it becomes REALLY NASTY PDQ, like the grating sound of fingernails scatching a blackboard - it's all sharp chemical smells, like a needle up your nose... What a shame, what a pity! A promise that falls flat on its face. Ditto for Luca. Sorry old chap, I've smelled a few lab chemicals for a living (not in aroma chemicals) in my life and I find lactones (read: Guerlinade) particularly challenging in the pleasantness sector. ARTIFICIAL chemicals, darned ARTIFICIAL chemicals! And Hugo Boss' supposedly "great" Baldessarini ("the vituoso modernist complexity of Hugo Boss' Baldessarini" - see the review for the sublime Dior Homme on page 142 of LT's & TS's "Perfume. The Guide") gone to really crap HAZMAT smell, a nightmare experience, on your skin... SCARY!
Promise: 10/10
Delivery: 0/10 (CRAP, CRAP, CRAP - only Dahleks could possibly stand, let alone like, this)

jtd
jtd

I find Baldessarini linear. Disliking a linear fragrance is somehow worse than disliking a scent with a traditional top, middle and base. Whereas the three-tiered fragrance might surprise you and win you over, for a linear scent, the first sniff becomes the lasting impression. A linear fragrance must have notes that can connect at various points to keep your interest. It allows for reconsideration from different perspectives and in different lights. Here is where a good linear fragrance can hold its own against a known classic.

In Baldessarini, I found the saccharine sweet note unpleasant, the nose equivalent of a high-pitched whistle. The cedar-like tobacco note has no connection to this sweet note, and so the two sit uneasily side by side for the duration of their mutually linear paths. Another difficulty with the tobacco note: a botanically derived material evolves over time. When it doesn’t, a ‘reference’ note must be used carefully. If it simulates tobacco, but is not tobacco, and the other components to the fragrance don’t enhance it, the nose may recoil, as mine did.

renperd
renperd

The first blast gives me a lot of pepper and cloves. Initially it's reminiscent of Calvin Klein's Contradiction for Men, and then it goes a different direction becoming less fresh and sweeter. It's pleasant and easy to reach for when you're not in the mood for heavy orientals or squeaky clean citrus.

crazyrabbits
crazyrabbits

Baldessarini is a fragrance that screams "in the middle" in every way.

I bought this because of the Boss brand, but I soon grew tired of trying to figure out what exactly it resembled - is it woodsy? Oriental? Spicy? It just seems like all the notes mix together into a bland mish-mash of half-baked ideas.

Sillage, longevity and scent are right in the middle - it's non-offensive, but it doesn't really stand out from any one of the hundreds of other brands on the market. While the tagline proclaims this "separates the men from the boys", I never got the sense that this was supposed to be anything more than a "pit stop" cologne that you use for a short time before switching to other brands. However, it definitely works better in the wintertime.

soned
soned

Ohhhh, lovely. What I get is a creamy grapefruit!, the best grapefruit scent there is, but creamy. Later, it becomes a more mature, but soft, Tobacco/patchouli. Lasts all day on me, and the projection is great, lots of compliments. This one is becoming my favorite after Givenchy's Pi.

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on with a splash of citrus, a very arid kind of citrus, and a tinge of something like high-end cologne smell. Like Hugo Boss, it vanishes for a moment, and then it returns with a serious scent that reminds me of money – the actual scent of money – and it makes me feel as though I belonged to the upper crust of society, that I already own everything I need, a kind of elevated confidence, and a trifle arrogant. It is a serious scent.

I can’t identify any notes except for a very distant pepper that just brings out the reserved, almost formal nature of this scent. It might be a little too serious for me, but I enjoy the way it smells. I think it’s best as a formal scent or a work scent if you are high up the corporate ladder.

As the day goes on, it becomes more peppery and arid. By this time it loses some (say ½) of its projection, but it’s still there. By 7 hours, it’s faint. It does return with physical effort, though.

The silage was detectable, but not a stink-up-the-building powerhouse. I’m not completely enthralled by it, but I like it and I can see it being useful for formal occasions.

This is very good, but it's also quite "rounded," meaning that it comes across as a kind of olfactory blob. I have no problems with this, but others might. The notes seem to be merged into each other and there are no "sharp edges." You can tell that there is mint, tobacco, etc. in here, but they seem to all belong to each other, as part of a whole. Projection is very good and I get around 5 hours before it starts really getting weak. Overall, much better than almost all recent "masculine" offerings from the designer houses and can often be found really cheap. It's not unnatural smelling but there is something I find a bit unpleasant in the "background." If you are used to vintage or niche, this might bother you. If you are used to recent designer fragrances, I doubt you will notice.

UPDATE: There's something about this one that is just too synthetic to me, perhaps the musk molecules used.

guest_RAHIB-555
guest_RAHIB-555

Men istifade etdikden sonra bele bir fikre geldim ki bu aromat esl kisiler ucundur.
Ve butun kisiler ucun yox asl kisiler (erkekler) ucundur.
1. BALDESSARINi
2.THERRE D'HERMES
3.DUNHILL DESIRE BLUE
4. AZZARO CROME
5.CREED EROLFA.

murysusanto

A great fragrance, suits me very well and balanced composition. This refined cologne is so mature like a good cognac. A must have for guys. Easily score 9.5/10

raka
raka

Fantastic Musculine Perfume.Opining With Soft Citrus Note.Well Done

tavinver
tavinver

When I smell this I see the face of Werner Baldessarini, it so personal, maybe too ellegant, hard to combine with a style.

For Mature Men.

Floritica64
Floritica64

Like having your favorite cup of tea in the winter time. Inviting top notes!

behzad1280
behzad1280

Warm, Masculine, Sweet,… and very pleasant scent.

It introduces you as a lovely sociable man and increases your self-confidence.

Longevity and sillage are about average.

I like it very much ☺

یک عطر گرم و تا حدی شیرین و بسیار مردونه که بوی بسیار خوشایندی داره.
عطری که شما رو بعنوان مردی خوش برخورد و اجتماعی و دوست داشتنی معرفی میکنه و اعتماد بنفس شما رو بالا میبره.

دوام و پخش بوی متوسطی داره.
بسیار دوست داشتنیه

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Well I love this fragrance ! they say its for a more mature man "seperates the men from the boys"

im 27 and i wear this and i always get compliments - people say they can smell 'tangerine' - it is in fact 'bitter orange'- its so fresh and invigorating . As its an EDC and not an EDT i use the shower gel ,aftershave balm and fragrance to have the scent of baldessarini with me all day long - This is Hugo Boss High End fragrance -it doesnt get much better !

ryvlajo
ryvlajo

The only distinctly sweet scent I've continued wearing. Been through the Pi, the Rochas Men, the Roma, the A*Men and god knows what else, settled on this one. Sophisticated and mature, but unfortunately extremely unstable, just like all the Boss products I've tried so far. The scent is 4/5, the quality 2.5/5

proton
proton

This is very pleasant and enjoyable scent
with a fresh start of tangerine and then elegantly morphing into warm chamomile.
I think they mislead the whole concept with the sorcerer on the commercial side

da_markos
da_markos

i can see why it's "only" edc not edt. edt would be way to strong. for cologne it has very good longevity. opening is strong, fresh -all those citrus (specially tangerine). when scent settle down it comes very enjoyable for person who wear it and for ppl around.
for me it can be worn by men at any age. this scent is very universal and good for any ocassion.

succubus
succubus

Loved this. The tangerine and orange instantly titillated my olfactory nerves. The scent's more sporty than casual, but more casual than sophisticated.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

grown man stuff 4 sho. Refined,and classy.

master_Shaiki
master_Shaiki

Tried ,,, I will buy

vertigo
vertigo

Baldessarini is a woody-spicy-fresh fragrance.
It's sophisticated, discreet, elegant and manly. Sensual, but not pushy.
Could be worn by a man of a prim taste, who respects high quality. A man who has already attained a high position in society and can keep people at bay, but who, still, is polite and winsome.
The scent is very universal - it matches the luxurious decoration of a study - both in classic and futuristic style. It can be worn in the evening and during the day, not only with the suit.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

smells pretty good.....thank God it's no basil in this

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I bought a tester of this on Ebay and it lasts all day long on me with lots of compliments and "what is that you are wearing"...i can still smell it on my skin as i take a shower in the evening...

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

I've only ever had a small sample vial of this. It has a very nice fragrance, not overpowering. I really like it. This is definitely one I will buy.

Baldessarini by Hugo Boss 4.10 out of 5 based on 315 ratings and 60 user reviews

Baldessarini After Shave Balm by Hugo Boss, 2.5 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Baldessarini Ambre Cologne by Hugo Boss, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Baldessarini Ambre Cologne by Hugo Boss - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Baldessarini Ambre Cologne by Hugo Boss - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Eau de Cologne 2.5oz
Baldessarini Cologne by Hugo Boss, 2.5 oz Eau De Cologne Concentree Spray for Men
Baldessarini Cologne by Hugo Boss - 2.5 oz Eau De Cologne Concentree Spray
BALDESSARINI AMBRE for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 3 OZ
BALDESSARINI AMBRE for MEN by Hugo Boss EDT SPRAY 3 OZ
Baldessarini Ambre by Hugo Boss for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.0 oz
Baldessarini Ambre by Hugo Boss for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.0 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Baldessarini fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Baldessarini, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Baldessarini by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Baldessarini by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.