Designers » F-H » Aromatic « Groups

Boss Bottled Sport Hugo Boss for men

Boss Bottled Sport Hugo Boss for men
dislike

aldehydic
Boss Bottled Sport Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Bottled Sport Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Bottled Sport Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Bottled Sport Hugo Boss for men Pictures

Boss Bottled Sport, the sporty edition of the men's fragrance Boss Bottled from 1998, was presented in spring 2012. The scent is described as fresh, energetic and very masculine, aiming at men of competitive spirit willing to challenge themselves.

The composition is an aromatic - aldehyde opening with fresh pink grapefruit. The heart is aromatic and spicy, thanks to lavender and cardamom accords. Masculine and woody vetiver forms the base of the perfume.

The face of the campaign is Formula 1 driver Jenson Button. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Grapefruit Aldehydes

Lavender Cardamom

Vetiver

Adam Levine for Men

Boss Bottled Sport Fragrance Reviews

MSL
MSL

I experienced this * bad * perfume at my cousin's house. The fragrance, although weak, is burnt, bitter, hot, stuffy, medicinal: it reminded me of mint candy. I don't have it and I will * never *. If you plan to buy, try before.

vikasbahar
vikasbahar

Having tried the original Boss Bottled years back and with fond memories of it, i got a tester of this perfume. At the first the juice doesnt smell any good, but over a period of time it evolves into a citrus smell and finally dries down with the smell of cardamom and a slight hint of vetiver.

I got average longetivity with it and not so great sillage.

Its been more than 6 hours that i wore this perfume and i can only smell it when i sniff.

Overall an OK scent, would not buy a bottle but wouldnt mind it as a gift .

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@PaulHunter: what's the name of your YouTube channel?!?! I enjoy watching GREAT reviews on YouTube and I'm currently following 15 reviewers on the site....

paulhunter
paulhunter

In short, this is very likable and I'd snatch it up if I saw a good price tag. Made a 3 min review on my youtube channel if you want to hear my opinion!

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport has a beautiful top of clean, uplifting grapefruit peels balanced with aldehydic elements that makes this less sharp or harsh than many citrus aromatics that rely heavily on grapefruit. Unfortunately that beautiful top fades quickly 5 minutes in and we are left with a jarring synthetic lavender that doesn't seem to mesh all that well with the aldehydes and shoots what could have been something brilliant and shower fresh for athletes into something overly ambitious and ultimately for not. About 10-15 minutes into the off-putting lavender meets aldehyde phase the vetiver appears and rescues this fragrance from dire straits, giving a more balanced and earthy accord to the overall scent and putting some boundaries on the lavender and aldehydes to reign them in. The clean, earthy and fresh vetiver and remnants of the aldeydes in the top are all there is left in an extremely boring and uninspiring dry-down that lasts from about the 1 and a half hour mark until this dies between the 4-6 hour mark depending on your skin and climate. I should mention that there is also a hint of burning plastic in that dry-down, it must be the aldehydes.

Ambitious attempt at trying to capture the essential elements of the Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Edition by Polge (2007) top notes but the lavender here just comes in and destroys this fragrance and there isn't enough complexity or creativity here to find something unique or different to blend with the lavender and vetiver to create something beyond formulaic and uninteresting. This is really nothing worth seeking out other than as an every-day spritzer for warm weather when you just need something affordable and inoffensive to wear. Bottles of this are now going dirt cheap online, but ask yourself why. There's really not much to this. Extremely average but servicable for warm weather. Sillage is very soft almost the whole way through and longevity between 4.5-6.5 hours.

jellwood79
jellwood79

First ever review on here and only doing it as surprised by reviews, I got this as a freebie and thought I'd give it a go, can honestly say I really didn't think nothing special about it but within an hour a had a compliment from a female friend of mine, next day thought I'd give it a go again and honestly a random female just told me I smelt nice, thinking I may try a third day now,
Have also noticed a lot of the fragrances I really like (Chanel allure sport, Blanche, ysl l'homme) don't get as many comments from females compared to the ones I think are ok, anyway...

hadrian
hadrian

Nothing horrid.
Nothing glorious.
Almost nothing.

sameh
sameh

Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss is not bad one in my humble opinion in spit of all the negative reviews that i have red , especially with the grapefruit in the top & the vetiver in the base , works good for me.

Arshad baloch
Arshad baloch

Very weak not for hot summer days

Nick M
Nick M

So-so citrus opening, something you can wear casually on a warm day. In fairness, these scents aren't meant to be innovative or polarizing, just something you pick up for warm weather if you don't already have go-to scents.

The dry-down is unusual for me however, it's like one of those citronella wax candles used to repel bugs. It's a scent that seems silly but can actually be relaxing, like fresh cut grass or a rubber eraser for some people. Though I probably won't ever get a bottle, it does remind me of a backyard BBQ with family & friends.

OnlineErling
OnlineErling

After the first minutes it becomes a little bit too much for my nose.

bazil14
bazil14

im a fan of boss fragrances but this isnt very good like most sports fragrances its pretty weak and lemony it smells exactly the same as the little wet wipes you get in little saches from kfc

markrosedale
markrosedale

I actually think I really like this, but I've never worn something with such weak silage in my life. I think I would need to swim in this to smell it on myself. I guess it smells inoffensive. I asked other people to smell my neck and they described it as "light." (because of the heavy citrus and aldehydes I guess). The vetiver in the dry down is weak, but there is decent longevity in the citrus which I think is weird. Usually vetiver outlives citrus by a long shot.

I'm a fan. I can't remember the price on this though so I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it.

alimuanis
alimuanis

amazing fresh smell i don't know about longevity i buy it any way and wear it but i will left it to the summer, i think the smell maybe will be better in summer cuz now the winter begin so this is not the fragrance for winter it's for summer for sure. :)

i will tray this one and next time i will buy Allure Homme Sport fragrance or Armani Code Sport .

My opinion is :-
Compliments 8/10
Bottle design 7/10

Gault
Gault

The first half hour this smells terribly cheap, like a -10$ citrus fragrance (too bad that the grapefruit notes in colognes are rarely compatible with the real fresh, sparkling sour and bitter fruit), later it develops some airy depth when the cardamom appears and the whole becomes OK at last, but still not worth the price.

Gazo30
Gazo30

I have this, i think it gets a bad review on forums but i think its a good scent, it serves a purpose. i mean if your heading to the gym or heading back home after do you really want to be smelling of Le Male or Joop? Its a nice fresh clean scent that just works in that situation. Im not saying its the best sport fragrance but it certainly serves a purpose!

foreignshores
foreignshores

I tried this today at Kohl's and to me it smells almost identical to Adam Levine for Men (which I hate to admit that I love). But I already own that one, so need for this one.

syameeboo
syameeboo

I am pretty sure Hugo done well but the sillage are ok and longevity is fair. Although the tag is SPORT but i do not think it is a sport EDT.

encosto
encosto

Not one of the best perfumes I know, but it is far from being one of the worst. I earned as gift and like to use it. It is very refreshing and woody base (vetiver) is good. At the beginning reminds me l'eau d'Issey pour homme. Then take a personality from '80s without the same elegance. Its lasting power is good. Conclusion: I would not spend my money on it, but if I earn, I will be grateful.

pronose
pronose

a casual scent like others!!!! and not lasting at all go and ask why??????? boss is kiddin' with us!

Stockholmspolisen
Stockholmspolisen

I don't understand why you guys complain about this scent. This scent smells good and fresh and it is very versatile since you can wear it at anytime. It is pretty safe and not too complex which makes this scent tolerable.

The scent opens up with fresh grapefruit and later becomes more woody and green since it has vetiver.

Longevity and sillage could be better since it only last for about 3-4 hours.

Overall I give this scent a C in grade because of the versatility and safeness of the scent.

urobian
urobian

Once again Hugo Boss is punished around here, maybe is not bad at all but i think dont deserve a higher place. indeed is generic, bi dimensional and unclear in the olfative form, but in some way to me results comfortable and totally versatile for some days, oposite to the last words the sillage and longevity are great, enough to be smelled to others in a nice atmosphere. Fresh and watery greeness, in a first apparence, the smell maybe is simple and generic for the diluted and indefinite in notes but in a perceptive feeling dont deserve so much punish, i like it.

gd15329
gd15329

What kind of dull smell is this...
I quote from sawyer82 "Seriously... this is one of the most generic sports fragrance I've ever smelt. Like a cheap 90's fragrance, or even worse because doesn't last 30min.Must be a joke..."

I couldn't agree more to that. I had kind of big expectations to this one... it failed me.

Boss Bottled Hugo Boss for men is the only (100%) worthy from this series.

--George Dreamer (20/3/2013)

sawyer82
sawyer82

Must be a joke...

Senzadite
Senzadite

How does a company like Hugo Boss dares to come out with a fragrance like this??? if you want to know how a synthetic fresh fragrance is like , this is a good example...is just like a generic fruit-lemon-lavander combo with a dash of new tupperware note. YES as awful as that.

A piece of crap.

RIYL: any red letter, frosted bottle, sport cologne of these days.

mario.biani@gmail.com
mario.biani@gmail.com

Nice fragrance,but generic, smells like Dior Higher Energy,but dior H.E.is more quality and has better projection and sillage......overall not bad,but nothing new 7.5/10

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Generic fragrance but with lavender top note.

supernaan
supernaan

the weakest fragrance in my collection and i own over 60 bottles. really lasts like 8 mins max and then you feel the need to re-apply. really avoid this one. especially if you live in wales/england/scotland as this one doesn't even cut the usually cold air so there's no projection whatsoever. what a waste of money. no wonder they are selling 200ml of this for £36 because you will need to keep re-applying. really really poor fragrance.

marioslg3
marioslg3

eHow much great a perfume by Boss can be? Generic, you smell it everywhere, a strategy to make money and not to have something classic. Hundreds of perfumes like this in the market.
This is a company that honestly, i like nothing from their perfumes...just simple and nothing unique...most of them are on the same accords and the company is playing with the market on heavy advertising campagnes....but they are selling...safe fragrances, in their portfolio for all ages, normal prices and perfumes that smell like all others out there (more or less)...a recipe to success, no quality, synthetic, cheap ingredients and additions to last....What else to say?
Well done boss because now, what matters is only the profit....maybe is the culture of
German people...making something for the masses...But they are professionals and their success is expected....i tap my hut!
The market of perfumes is moving towards the fresh aquatic (those that they have the odor of wet wood)- 1 million type fragrances....i stick to the oldies...The true masculine perfumes that everyone is a work of art and not a cash machine only. Obviously, those type of fragrances cant be release today because the failure is certain, not only because of the palm of the market but because of the cheap synthetic ingredients that all are using now together with the restrictions set but EU etc (except some niche companies of course which are using quality). What is needed now is a new type of fragrance that will end the era of aquatic/wed wood and generic citrus smell...but who takes the risk?
The tru masculine perfumes for me are (irrespectively if they are old fashioned or not):
Rive gauche pour homme YSL
Drakkar Noir Guy Laroche
Cravache Robert Piguet
Polo Green
Antaeus Chanel
and many many others...those are the perfume for men guys....
Those perfumes are a story by themselves..pieces of art so let's stop using those generic things they release and give them money to continue these games against us.....

deki
deki

GREAT GREAT GREAT

Is it just me, or are sport flankers getting better as the years go by? I was expecting to be bored silly by Boss Bottled Sport, however I'm surprised to admit that I'm actually enjoying it.

Boss Bottled Sport opens with a gloriously refreshing grapefruit accord. This grapefruit top note is less sour than it is in other perfumes, and is quite sweet and invigorating on the skin. Most fascinating to my nose is the appearance of the aldehydes, which provide a soft, powdery quality, that somehow works.

Cardamom and lavender in the heart keep this fragrance smelling masculine and spicy. I adore the scent of lavender on my men, so this fragrance works a treat. I am almost tempted to suggest Boss Bottled Sport to my boyfriend this Summer.

The original Boss Bottled is a real hit with the ladies, so it's no surprise that Boss Bottled Sport evokes a similar reaction. I'm actually shocked that this flanker isn't more popular. I believe that many men may be avoiding it just like I did, thinking that it's just another boring, sport-inspired flanker. Not so, folks!

Like any scent that is gym-appropriate, Boss Bottled Sport has a fairly light projection, however the longevity is applaudable. To my female nose, it smells both fresh and sexy. I highly recommend.

DaHitManN
DaHitManN

This reminds me of some new car odor I've smelled when my dad got his hands on a 2006 Toyota Vios. Nonetheless, this new perfume brings nostalgic memories to me. :)

micrtin
micrtin

The scent is not bad but its very light. I tested it and sprayed like 10 times and the thing was almost gone in no time. To me it is a typical sport fragrance, a watered down version of the original. Then again this would be insulting to the original, its a faint shadow of the original. I would never purchase this. Probably you would like it if you didn`t like anything spicy or too strong.

stever882
stever882

very good fragrance , i like it for a sport frangrance, but does not last long at all, at least on my skin, which makes me sad.

Ganz77
Ganz77

Light and airy with a citrusy edge to it. It just doesn't last long enough for the size of the bottle.

blaisepascal87
blaisepascal87

good fragrance but very poor longevity on my skin!

This is my second Hugo Boss purchase ever! And actually this is pretty good! It has a bright and uplifting citrusy aldehydes opening. It may be too sharp for some, but I find it just right for me. Then it gets slightly soapy and woody aromatic like a lighter version of Boss Bottled Night, which I also enjoy wearing. The rest is just mellowy sweet and clean. Last long time on me for a sporty frag. A nice welcome indeed.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A fresh sport fragrance to begin with but soon becomes more heavier and not so modern...

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0-1.5 hours. 1 foot projection, Fresh, airy, modern, a lot like the original Hugo Boss. Best part of frag. Ages 18-28

1.5 hours - 2.5 hours - Turns to like a "sport barber shop" scent on the skin which is not too my personal taste

2.5 hours - 4.5 hours. Cardammon comes to the fore and it smells on the skin like a dated 80's spicy frag which is foul to my nose. Ages 50-70

4.5 - 6 hours. Drydown is much nicer with cardammon gone and a more sporty feel

Good start and end but most of the time in the middle is dated and not nice so not for me

ckman2011

اشتريته من دبنهايمز ابن بطوطة بدبي ب320 درهم

انصح بتجربته قبل الشراء

dadulka82
dadulka82

to me it stinks, strong citrus smell
nothing like the original bottle
I won`t be purchasing

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

I love this smell
In the beginning its quite like a normal everyday use Sport perfume
But the base notes are really man orientated and gives you the pleasure of a well created perfume

Longetivity:8/10
Originality: 8/10

bwcw81
bwcw81

Another sport fragrance that totally let me down. This is a diluted original HB Bottled frag with fresher airy citrusy scent. Projection and longevity below my expectation, can only last for 2 hours max. All 3 notes pretty linear and doesn't evolve much. Nothing new and no surprise at all, just another "Sport" fresh scent which is totally not worth the price, 4/10 from me.

antonpan
antonpan

I know most of you will hate this fragrance, but for me it was love at first sniff. Boss Bottled Sport is a soapy citrusy spicy fragrance, with a notable grapefruit and pepper. What I really like is a good sillage and longevity that was unexpected from the Boss fragrance. Much better than D&G The One Sport / Tommy Hilfiger Man Sport / Allure Homme Sport Extreme.

Vlad Andrei
Vlad Andrei

I try this one at this week.It's a pretty decent fragrance with a good projection and average longevity(4-5 hours).Smells like a cocktail with grapefruit and lemon with a little bit of pepper.Worth to try but I don't know if I will recommend to buy it.

pablOSO
pablOSO

Have you noticed that ALLL and i mean ALLL the sport fragance that are coming out , have the same WHITE FROSTED bottle , with the sport logo in RED BOLD LETTERS?

seems that original thinking is out of style........

R.I.P. fragance originality

welcome MASS MARKET AND LINEAR THINKING!

Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss 3.15 out of 5 based on 203 ratings and 45 user reviews

Boss Bottled Sport Cologne by Hugo Boss, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.6 oz
Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.6 oz
Aftershave 2.5oz
Boss Bottled Sport After Shave Balm by Hugo Boss, 2.5 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Boss Bottled Sport Cologne by Hugo Boss, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Shower Gel 150ml 5oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Bottled Sport by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.