Designers » F-H » « Groups

Boss Element Hugo Boss for men
dislike

Boss Element Hugo Boss for men Videos
Boss Element Hugo Boss for men Pictures Boss Element Hugo Boss for men Pictures

The house of Hugo Boss will introduce their new fragrance named Hugo Element in February 2009. The face of this fragrance is Jonathan Rhys Meyers, popular Irish film and TV actor, known for his role of King Henry the 7th in TV drama The Tudors.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was born on July 27th 1977 (Dublin, Ireland) and is son to Geraldine Meyers and musician John O'Keeffe. Besides his acting career, he also worked as a model for Versace, Hugo Boss (face of perfume Hugo by Hugo Boss since 2006), Club Monaco...

The new fragrance, Hugo Element, aims at urban man who lives in harmony with his time. As photographer of the campaign, Stephen Ruiz, says Jonathan Meyers is an excellent choice to present the new fragrance and fits perfectly in its concept. (elle.fr)

Citruses Water Notes

Ginger Coriander

Musk Virginia Cedar

Boss Element Fragrance Reviews

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

From a girl's perspective, I find this to be very pleasing and fresh, albeit a tad too feminine. The sweet citrus notes are dominating so I think this is more suitable for young men to wear in the summer.

Mo12
Mo12

I love the ginger in this. And I do get hints of peppermint as well. It smells very good but unfortunately doesn't last very long and has poor silage.

Very fresh scent that is ideal for summer and spring.

Longevity: 6.5/10
Projection: 4.5/10
Smell: 8/10

imjonatz
imjonatz

the first Element by HB is like earthy, the Aqua Elements is obviously water. This one is windy in my opinion. I feel like Im carried around on a wind when im wearing this.

lawso144
lawso144

Very fresh, clean, and crisp. With a balance of warm and cool, this is my new go-to fragrance when I need something unoffensive and fear wearing something too "stinky." More of a warm weather fragrance but I think it could really work at any time.

robertodoi
robertodoi

Sorry but it is very common and weak. It´s like a watery Azzaro Chrome. Metallic and synthetic vibes. Not worth it.

mrfume
mrfume

Watered down pepper/spicy smell with light floral's thrown in.Not my cup of tea,its a bit weak in P&L for me, not my kind of scent , still i wont say its a bad scent :)

Try before you buy.

3*/10*

syazni
syazni

love this perfume...the opening is a bit spicy... then turn into warm and refreshing... perfect for sunny evening...your girlfriend will stick to your neck. so far the best i ever had.

senilis
senilis

My friend owns this. Smells strongly of ginger and then a blend of citruses with a touch of freshness from the aquatic notes. Longevity is decent, it'll last a whole night. Not a bad scent, but I don't think I'd be purchasing this anytime soon. I may change my mind in the future though, but until then I'm looking for something else.

tavo
tavo

This is a good one, very fresh and last a long time. It really last a long in my skin and projects very well. I only use it for casual wear.

From the notes you will think is an average aquatic only, but it has a sweetness to it that make it stand, But sometimes when its to hot outside, it gets cloying and sticky because of that sweetness.

Garfield007
Garfield007

Lovely fresh start. Later reminds me the Hugo Boss Hugo (however this lasts much more longer). Good for everyday use. Comfortable. No alcoholic or soap smell.
I like it very much.

Weak longevity. 3-4hours max - on skin or shirt either.

scottiedoo
scottiedoo

Very nice, good spring/summer night frag.

ravingdrunk
ravingdrunk

Its very pleasant. aquatic but not to alcoholic smelling like cool water. Does not last that long though.

Good grapefruity sort of smell after it has been on for a while too!

mellymel
mellymel

I love this perfume! I wish I could find a woman's perfume to love as much as this one!!!!
Wen men wear this they seem somehow more good-looking :))

ninofranzjosef.alonso
ninofranzjosef.alonso

i have that one... i use twice a day but the scent is so refreshing,cool,woody,citrus also the longest lasting.... my rate is 8/10 :)

;

Ticaa
Ticaa

Love it! My brother has it & it is soooo citrusy, so fresh. It's prefect for day time, very urban, very young. It's great for guys under 25. :)

mad1910
mad1910

This is great, very aquatic and fresh. I'm on my second bottle. The only problem is that it don't take a long time in my skink :( 4 hours tops.

ososigma16
ososigma16

This is one of my Summer Favs, Fresh and clean, very subtle, I had a lot of compliments wearing it, this is the kind that only you and the people close to you can enjoy it, a must have for office people.
This is an aquatic fragance.

Rich28
Rich28

I like this fragrance and I make no apologies for that. In fact I really like this stuff. It's aroma therapy in a bottle. It has a vibrancy to it that's energizing.

On my skin it starts off with a sharp citrus and ginger opening then it dries down into a green and bitter aroma (yeah, I said bitter) which is why I find it aromatic as opposed to aquatic. This scent reminds me of thick, green, raw vegetation )or 'bush' as we say in my neck of the woods)after the rain has fallen (If that makes any sense at all).

contrary to what seems to be popular opinion here, I find the juice quite appealing. It's not complex neither does it evolve much from opening to end, I just like the darn thing and that's that.

Elements is not for everyone. If you're young or young at heart, love the outdoors, full of energy and possess an unparalleled passion for life then go for it. It's a welcomed break from the usual. And the stuff lasts a long time on my skin, if my body temp raises the smell gets even stronger.

Good stuff. Two thumbs up

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I don't like citrus and Ginger together, and in that way I just don't find this scent very nice.
The musk and woods need to be more demanding for me to like this one.

periquito89
periquito89

The scent that I smell first comes as a tablet-orange feeling, and as it goes on I get something that remember me in distance Bvlgari pour Homme drydown. Not properly fresh or aquatic. Althrough many call it unoriginal, its a bit different from what I was expecting so I can't say I´m very disapointed, or that I dislike it. Just not excited about. Very nice looking bottle anyway.

behzad1280
behzad1280

“Boss Element” is a cologne for men that released by “Hugo Boss” and “Hugo Boss” is a company that releases lots of flacons each year, fully filled of “Hugo” or “Boss” or “Hugo + Boss”. You can recognize and distinguish difference between them only by reading their names on boxes or either flacons.
People say that they smell good, so I think “Boss Element” smells good either!
Fortunately, you can open this one, using a wrench!

مثل اکثر عطرهای کمپانی هوگو-باس این یکی هم یک عطر کاملاً تجاری هست که هیچ چیز جالب و هنری و منحصربفردی توی اون پیدا نمیکنید
این هم دقیقاً شبیه همهء عطرهای دیگهء هوگو-باس هست با این تفاوت کوچیک که درب این یکی رو میشه با آچار هم باز کرد
والا بخدا ...

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

one of very few fresh perfumes that can blend nicely with my body odor. Clean, fresh yet not overpowering, and one thing that I like most: the longevity is superb!

guest_hard_2imagine
guest_hard_2imagine

great scent, very fresh, green, hugo boss is one of the best

andrevarx
andrevarx

This smells like a mixture of green-sweet smell too cloying, smell is also very linear, I really think is addressed if any, the teen audience. I see more potential than a fragrance for a nightclub. This can really cloying.

tomb123
tomb123

this is not hugos best cologne i can say that much. but its not bad ethier. i feel its more of an everyday kind of thing which i dont mind but kind of pricey in my opinion for that

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

AWESOME - Jonathan Rhys Meyers, but not the scent :))
Hugo Boss fragrances are not so nice for my well educated nose. I will never buy them.

Scorpio_Guy
Scorpio_Guy

I like it, but I certainly didn't fall in love with it! It's too ordinary for my personal taste. I also don't get how there can be so many rather oriental-spicy notes in this fragrance; my nose doesn't smell them (I really adore coriander as a perfume note but it gets lost in this one). I think Boss "Element" it's rather a fresh citrus smell which can and should be worn to business events mainly. You can imagine Jonathan Rhys-Meyers wearing this one in the movie "Match Point" - it's like that Woody Allen film: interesting, but still a little bit disappointing. My rating: 8 out of 10 points.

ticalau
ticalau

Another casual from Hugo Boss :) It's nice, fresh and with good sillage... Good for sporty days i guess... i can smell from top notes to the base notes the citruses notes mixt with ginger... nice...

guest_gucci
guest_gucci

its a top notch...i never recommend till i tried its off the chain..as of now i entreat everyone use it

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I didn't realize until after my purchase how young of a fragrance this was. It's not bad at all, but for someone who is 25+ trying to get away with this... it's like trying to buy the largest size T-Shirt in Boys thinking you might force it to fit, but it just doesn't work out the way you want it to... but likable. Without the ginger, this would be a Disney fragrance.

guest_Tony Touch
guest_Tony Touch

Hugo Boss Element is a standard everyday scent. I bought this fragrance about a week ago and I had mixed feelings at first, but after allowing it to settle, it smells great! I really dont look for compliments from wearing fragrances. I just want to smell clean once I get out of the shower. This scent is not screaming for attention, but in a subltle way it lets people know you are in the room.

aktp-iciook
aktp-iciook

Hugo element should fall into a hot and spicy category, IMHO. Pepper strikes my nose at the instant it is sprayed. Well done Hugo boss if you want to mark this pepper opening as phenomenal.

I have to say, I don't think so buddy :P

I'm sorry to disagree with many lovers of this fragrance but I just cannot tolerate its pepper note. This is just too spicy for me even thoguh it is my second try. My reaction remains pretty much the same.

All in all. 1/10 thanks to its cool bottle :) Thank you for reading :)

4brothers
4brothers

I like it so much, it's very fresh,young, comfortable.For me it's very long lasting! If you like somethings that makes people around you feel relaxy, you should try it! It's a litle spicy at the beginnig. If you compare it with BLV Aqua, i can say : Hugo Element is more better! because Hugo Element's smell is natural and unique but BVL Aqua's so commonly used!

ahmed ehab

hugo boss scents are either good or pointless and i think this goes in the pointless what the hell are u doing category !

guest_adel mizo fum
guest_adel mizo fum

WoonD

Seem the fragrance in market got sometime and yet, i still don't know what is the Note from this. And why they never list out the note over here???

is it a secret from Hugo Boss???

guest_ADEL FUM EGYPT
guest_ADEL FUM EGYPT

ahmed ehab

to generic and fake , its like BVL AQVA but aqva is way much better , this one is just not original not unique , and simply not impressive

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

"Well dang, I already wore all my other colognes this month, what should I wear... Hmm.. Oh! Hugo Element, ok, I forgot how much you smell good!" And it truly does smell good. Generic yeahhhh I know but it's a good generic.

Casual, youthful, fresh, spicy (to me) and urban. I also think it's aquatic and since it has no olfactive group I hereby declare it Spicy-Aquatic! Weird combination, I know. Fragrantica does not have the notes listed so I'll do us the honors...

This is directly from nstperfume.com posted by Kevin: "Hugo Element contains Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, coumarin, and wisps of ginger, coriander and cedar wood, but Calone overpowers the other notes."
Which I totally agree with him on.(I like how some of the ingredients have a form of "lol" at the end, hehehe!)

He also states: "When the words “aquatic,” “marine” or “oceanic” are included in a list of perfume notes, or in a perfume description, the chances are good Calone is in the formula."

That being said, I smell two main ingredients amongst all those other funny looking words that look like words on the back of a shampoo bottle. The Calone and I swear there is pepper in this. I do smell some ginger in it but it isn't very stong. I guess that's where H.E. gets some of its sharpness from.

Longevity ain't to bad. I wish it would last longer. But hey, you get what you pay for right? It's not strong, stays close to my skin and its welcoming. A good chick magnet I guess.

In conclusion, H.E. can be worn whenever, however. Hugo definitely targeted this for the young crowd.

P.S. I feel like I just did a research paper. ;)

tpbluewings
tpbluewings

I've bought one today and I am impressed with it. It is suitable for daytime use:fresh and fruity

seabear
seabear

I had a vial of this in my drawer and decided to try it today. Gut reaction: I like it. Definitely fruity/floral as mentioned but with a subtle spice note to bring it into a masculine realm. I do not get the grapefruit note at all. Variation in skin chemistry explains this better than anything else. Nice for summer/day wear.

guest_ezekiel
guest_ezekiel

Another best seller of Hugo Boss. It follows the trending of our current time..('', FRESHNESS! Everybody likes fresh scent.. or if not everybody, majority I guess...

WoonD

my housemate love it so much, he is a guy who hardly love perfume, and this one turn him on... cos it smell like his favourite tropical fruit---> Mango ^^

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

It's perfect for the urban traveler who sees the city as his life source. Just as air and water are basic essentials, this new fragrance will become a vital element to revive and recharge in the city.

kevaana
kevaana

I love it, the real name of freshness is Boss element. The fragrance is not green, is not bitter... is refreshing.

guest_Dirk
guest_Dirk

I actualy like this scent its fresh little spicy and little sweet but mostly fresh.
but it fades way too quick to the base. sillage and longevity sucks
too bad

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

A very style bottle can't lift up the boring water inside. It seems that we too many aquatic scents that are nothing diffirent to eachother like this.

Stefan
Stefan

I wasn't impressed at all. It's seems like HUGO is kinda goin downhill if you ask me,

parfumaddicted
parfumaddicted

I'm sorry, but i tried this one in store today. I don't like the smell of it, after an hour it reminds of grapefruit scent, which bites my nose. the opening scent is very urban, woody, mechanic... sorry Hugo Boss, this one is not your best.

Boss Element by Hugo Boss 3.65 out of 5 based on 324 ratings and 49 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hugo Boss Boss Element fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Hugo Boss Boss Element, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boss Element by Hugo Boss. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boss Element by Hugo Boss represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.